PDA

View Full Version : Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph...

plowking
03-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Whatever happened to these guys? I was huge fans of both and it was clear given a bit more playing time both players could be decent players. Are they injured or is it just Nelson being the toy that he is?

StroShow4
03-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Both of them are out for the season with injuries.

Doctor K
03-17-2010, 12:13 AM
and have been out for a while. everyone on warriors is injured :ohwell:

1manfastbreak
03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
this was suppose to be AR's breakout year.. dude is a nut on the court, i can't wait to watch him play with steph.

The warriors have 3 lottery picks who have been out for the whole season, cant wait till they come back healthy next year with an addition of another top 5 pick

Ass Dan
03-17-2010, 12:41 AM
dumb and dumber

plowking
03-17-2010, 12:41 AM
I hope Brandan Wright gets some playing time when he gets back. Nelson seems to have an eternal grudge against him. I'd give up Haslem in a heartbeat if we could score Brandan Wright for him.
He's long, athletic and extremely talented. Still only 22. He could be a very good player in the league.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-17-2010, 12:56 AM
dumb and dumber

bust , i feel like Mike Beasley fits in the topic op.

DuMa
03-17-2010, 01:03 AM
ruined by Nellieball.

1manfastbreak
03-17-2010, 01:16 AM
ruined by Nellieball.

oooo so it was don nelson who ****ed up randolphs ankle..got it.

bdreason
03-17-2010, 02:04 AM
They weren't getting much PT even before they went down.

Nelson is the ultimate confidence killer. He'd rather start a bunch of midgets than start young, talented bigs who may make a few mistakes on the fly.

Y2Gezee
03-17-2010, 02:40 AM
I saw Brandan Wright the other night in my barbershop. Looks hella out of shape

I really had high expectations for him, waste of talent so far.

DeAndre Gordon
03-17-2010, 03:01 AM
They weren't getting much PT even before they went down.

Nelson is the ultimate confidence killer. He'd rather start a bunch of midgets than start young, talented bigs who may make a few mistakes on the fly.

He's got an all-time wins record to chase. No time for doing what's best for the team.

Brujesino
03-17-2010, 03:26 AM

hows a 6'10 210 pound guy look out of shape? :oldlol:

dude is skinny as hell, even if he gained 10 pounds of fat he would still look skinny

NotYetGreat
03-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Injuries. Really a shame... I was looking forward to watching more of Randolph. Never paid much attention to Brandan though.

plowking
03-17-2010, 07:39 AM
bust , i feel like Mike Beasley fits in the topic op.

Mmm, not to the extent of Randolph and Wright seeing as they get no minutes, while Beasley is at least on there for 30. These guys are just as talented though aren't getting minutes.

Jumpman10135
03-17-2010, 07:47 AM

Bull Shiiiit

East_Stone_Ya
03-17-2010, 09:17 AM
this man is partly responsable

http://www.sportskacentrala.com/nba/nba2004-05/nelson-don.jpg

WorldWarriors
03-17-2010, 10:33 AM
this man is partly responsable

http://www.sportskacentrala.com/nba/nba2004-05/nelson-don.jpg

You guys have no idea what you're talking about.

Wright- Came into league severly undersized (weight). He's got skills but he gets pushed around like a rag doll. He can't stay healthy even through summer league. True Nellie didn't give him many minutes as a rookie. He limited his minutes for a reason. As soon as he plays he gets injured. I like his game and I hope he can come back healthy.

Randolph- Randolph is a different story. He is still very raw but got all kinds of athleticism. For a big guy he has some nice handles. But he hasn't worked on his basketball skills. He doesn't have much game outside of using his athleticism to get by. I hope he can get it together cause he's really talented.

2LeTTeRS
03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
hows a 6'10 210 pound guy look out of shape? :oldlol:

dude is skinny as hell, even if he gained 10 pounds of fat he would still look skinny

Was wondering the same thing...

kumquat
03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Rebounding is very much a talent. You can't just rely on athleticism and get as many rebounds as AR. The guy can also handle the ball extremely well for a guy his size, a nice jumper and has enough moves to finish at the rim.

Randolph- Randolph is a different story. He is still very raw but got all kinds of athleticism. For a big guy he has some nice handles. But he hasn't worked on his basketball skills. He doesn't have much game outside of using his athleticism to get by. I hope he can get it together cause he's really talented.

WorldWarriors
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Rebounding is very much a talent. You can't just rely on athleticism and get as many rebounds as AR. The guy can also handle the ball extremely well for a guy his size, a nice jumper and has enough moves to finish at the rim.

Dude he is on the Warriors. Any decent big can average a lot of rebounds on that team. He has no post game whatsoever. I've watched him since he's been on my team and that includes summer league. LOL @ nice jumper. But none of that is his real issue. It's his wiring. I like him, but it remains to be seen if he will fulfull his potential.

1manfastbreak
03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Dude he is on the Warriors. Any decent big can average a lot of rebounds on that team. He has no post game whatsoever. I've watched him since he's been on my team and that includes summer league. LOL @ nice jumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDefTdwIx0

AR has crazy athleticism, which is what he mostly gets by with. his jumper isnt exactly nice, but respectable, he can knock down an open j. Most of the times Nellie would take him out is because he just gets waay to out of control at times.

he can def turn into a 20/10 guy in a couple of years if he stays healthy.

WorldWarriors
03-17-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDefTdwIx0

AR has crazy athleticism, which is what he mostly gets by with. is jumper is exactly nice, but respectable, he can knock down an open j. Most of the times Nellie would take him out is because he just gets waay to out of control at times.

he can def turn into a 20/10 guy in a couple of years if he stays healthy.

Totally agree. I will say the only thing that could hold him back is his wiring.

1manfastbreak
03-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Totally agree. I will say the only thing that could hold him back is his wiring.

yea i love how he plays with passion and fire. hopefully hes been growing up some and is ready to ball.

Brujesino
03-17-2010, 04:40 PM
what uld be crazy is if they both came back healthy next year and both added alot of weight put wright at center for a bit and randolph at power i want to see htem together on the floor of a really good stretch

beasted86
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
what uld be crazy is if they both came back healthy next year and both added alot of weight put wright at center for a bit and randolph at power i want to see htem together on the floor of a really good stretch
So what about the guy in your avatar?

$9M a season definitely needs to prove his worth... and he should still be developing as well. He's only 23yrs old himself.

Akrazotile
04-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Apparently every young athletic player thats 6'10 is the future.

Its like, automatic.

Akrazotile
04-12-2014, 10:12 PM

:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
04-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Wright's actually having a pretty good year. Would be single percentage point below Deandre Jordan for the FG% leader if he qualified. 9 ppg on .673 shooting off the bench is solid.

Is Anthony Randolph still in the league?

MavsPoke
04-12-2014, 11:50 PM
4 year necro!!! :eek:

Go Mavs!!! Playoffs clenched thanks to a Brandon Wright block.

Akrazotile
04-13-2014, 12:10 AM
:
4 year necro!!! :eek:

Go Mavs!!! Playoffs clenched thanks to a Brandon Wright block.

Yeah he had some clutch rebounding/blocks in that game tonight.

Still tho, people were way too carried away with the hype four years ago.