PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Stephen Curry, he is seriously the next Steve Nash

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Just finished watching the Memphis GSW game. How can such a talented player fall to the #7th pick. Guy is a flat out ball player. He is a slippery young fello. Great off the pick and roll. Great passer. He is in the perfectt system also. This guy will seriously be a future 20 point 10 assists 5 rebound guy, guy can't say that about many young players. The thing I like about him is he doesn't even ball dominate and just dribbles on the top of the key like Tyreke Evans does to get his stats. He does everything with a nice flow. He just plays with so much passion and you can tell he is one of those players that wants to win. And to think we all thought ( not me) that Ricky Rubio would be the next Nash like player.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/60/fullj.d46ae433cd3687e021f312940d40e6ce/d46ae433cd3687e021f312940d40e6ce-getty-90044252rw032_warriors_lakers.jpg

Showtime
03-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the world of basketball. People have been saying he's right up there with Evans as the best rookies for a reason, and that's because he's good.

jbot
03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
it also doesn't hurt to have nba genes and grow up around nba players either. kid can shoot his ass off.

OnceInADECADE
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
yeah man curry is tha man. i thought this dude would have been a black point guard version of jj reddick, boy i was wrong. and also 4 ricky rubio i always hated him i think he will be a big bust if he joined the league today.

and yo mamba are u going to change ur name it 6 2 curry mamba lol

kmartshopper
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Will be the best pg soon

OnceInADECADE
03-20-2010, 10:39 PM
new york is really mad they couldn't get his azz

Freshprince619
03-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Far from a steve nash. Steven nash is one of the greatest passers of all time. Curry can pass but nowhere near as good as Nash

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Far from a steve nash. Steven nash is one of the greatest passers of all time. Curry can pass but nowhere near as good as Nash

Even though Curry is only aveaging 5.5 apg. He has been averaging 7.3 apg for he last 2 months. And they will only increase when he gets better players around him and better big men. Right now all he has is Monta and the perimeter.

ZenMaster
03-20-2010, 11:09 PM
"just dribbles on the top of the key like Tyreke Evans does to get his stats"

How does dribbling around at the top of the key make you one of the best players in the world at getting layups and converting them?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-20-2010, 11:19 PM
"just dribbles on the top of the key like Tyreke Evans does to get his stats"

How does dribbling around at the top of the key make you one of the best players in the world at getting layups and converting them?

The way Steph plays i can see him winning many 50+ games in a season. The way Evans plays i can see him in the lottery for the next 5 years. compredo?

ZenMaster
03-20-2010, 11:26 PM
The way Steph plays i can see him winning many 50+ games in a season. The way Evans plays i can see him in the lottery for the next 5 years. compredo?

That statement has nothing to do with what i asked you... I don't really care what you "see".. 1 man doesn't win games, teams do...

Kiddlovesnets
03-20-2010, 11:49 PM
He's not even half good as a passer...

Birmingham1955
03-21-2010, 01:28 AM
i haven't watched a lot of curry. how is his defense?

flipogb
03-21-2010, 04:09 AM
this is why im very conservative in saying the Nash comparison, but something about him just keeps saying Nash to me.

yes hes not as a good a passer (maybe just not yet), but his style is very similar. at least you can say he may be capable of emulating Nash to some extent. he also already has a good shooting touch and his passing can get better (lets not forget that Nash blew up in this second half of his career basically)

RoseCity07
03-21-2010, 04:21 AM
Not saying he isn't good, I like Curry. Good ball player but what is his team doing? Nothing. All his stats, none of it leading to wins.

A guy like Chauncey Billups would just rape Curry in the post all night. Curry needs to get some muscle.

Brujesino
03-21-2010, 04:25 AM
i haven't watched a lot of curry. how is his defense?
he moves his feet very well and can get some steals BUT hes way too small lots of gaurds can post him up easily

Hammertime
03-21-2010, 04:28 AM
This thread is ridiculous. Steve Nash is white. You can't compare two players of a different race.

Tito Beasley
03-21-2010, 04:28 AM
This thread is ridiculous. Steve Nash is white. You can't compare two players of a different race.

Technically he's not white, he's Canadian.

Hammertime
03-21-2010, 04:33 AM

I didn't realize there was a "Canadian" box you could check on the US census under "Race."

Either way, them's the rules of the game. A player can only ever be compared to a player of the same race or ethnic background.

Hence only white players can be the next Larry Bird, only a black player can be Baby Shaq, and so forth.

quasimoto
03-21-2010, 04:35 AM
:roll:

bigboi_baller
03-21-2010, 05:29 AM
:oldlol:

Explain this please.

And can you Curry fans tell me what he's like on defense? I've seen him play horrible D against the Kings this season. He was too weak, just go pushed around.

ZenMaster
03-21-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't think he can, it's just random talk he put out there to try and defend his random hater comment towards drive by evans in his original post..

That's the way it is here, if you praise one player you absolutely have to talk $hit about another yaaaawn

lukekarts
03-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Curry can shoot, sure, but the one thing I'm concerned about is his teams terrible record and the fact that big games from him seem to mean nothing.

I know his teams suck, but I think Jennings, Lawson, Collison, maybe even current Jrue would be putting up similar numbers on the same team.

ZenMaster
03-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Curry can shoot, sure, but the one thing I'm concerned about is his teams terrible record and the fact that big games from him seem to mean nothing.

I know his teams suck, but I think Jennings, Lawson, Collison, maybe even current Jrue would be putting up similar numbers on the same team.

And they are all going to be pretty good players too.. Currys shot is something else though, it should set him apart from those players..

Go Getter
03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I won't comare him to Nash because their games even don't look similar but I can see him being a top tier PG if he gets stronger and improves.

The thing about his game is that I don't think he has much room to grow besides strength [but that's not necessarily].

He's been bred for this he's probably been playing with pro players for a decade now, lol.

The kid is sick though no doubt.

GilZero
03-21-2010, 09:57 AM
There will never be another Steve Nash, Stephen Curry will be Stephen Curry, and that's a good thing.

dirkdiggler41
03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I just dont see how he can be the next Steve Nash when scouts had problem telling if he really was a pointguard.

Yung D-Will
03-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Will be the best pg soon

D-Will and Cp3 lol at this comment

TROLL_HUNTER
03-21-2010, 10:46 AM

this wonderfully sharp statement deserves a whole thread itself. what a gem

:roll: :roll: :lol

OnceInADECADE
03-21-2010, 11:38 AM
D-Will and Cp3 lol at this comment

derrick rose, russell westbrook and john wall laugh after the two

Showtime
03-21-2010, 01:59 PM
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/dwyane-wade-of-the-miami-heat.jpg

The_Yearning
03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I didn't realize there was a "Canadian" box you could check on the US census under "Race."

Either way, them's the rules of the game. A player can only ever be compared to a player of the same race or ethnic background.

Hence only white players can be the next Larry Bird, only a black player can be Baby Shaq, and so forth.

Basically. But there are exceptions to this rule:

Yao Ming, Sabonis, Rik Smith, and Vlade Divac etc. basically, you just can't be Black.

Cali Syndicate
09-10-2012, 03:59 AM
With Monta gone, Curry finally has a chance to showcase his ability to run an offense. These Nash comparisons will make more sense with this upcoming season.

bdreason
09-10-2012, 04:09 AM
I pray for his ankles every day.

The real question is, do I take him 1st round AGAIN in my Fantasy Draft? If he slips to the 2nd round I will have to! :oldlol:

09-10-2012, 04:19 AM
I started a thread on Stephen Curry a while back (3 months ago?)...And the consensus is Curry is the real deal. I wouldn't place him in the same category as Nash because as others mentioned, Nash is a much better passer and overall distributor while Curry passes well but doesn't run a team with the same efficiency as Nash.

I was expecting him to be a combo guard with more emphasis on outside shooting, unlike his peers like Westbrook or Rose (both like to drive to the basket)...

And to be honest, I thought him going to Davidson and not to Duke for example would've hurt his growth process skill wise but he didn't miss a beat and did well without a big D1 program.

chips93
09-10-2012, 05:50 AM
And to be honest, I thought him going to Davidson and not to Duke for example would've hurt his growth process skill wise but he didn't miss a beat and did well without a big D1 program.

coming out of HS he only got on offer to an acc school, to be a walk-on at virginia tech. nobody in the acc offered him a full scholarship! so he had to go to a smaller school, only small ones like davidson offered him a full scholarship. and within a couple years he was one of the best players in the nation. it was a pretty amazing rise

senelcoolidge
09-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Curry will be a Bobcat. He will be the man there.

IGotACoolStory
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Curry wasn't that good in high school. Being the son of a former player, you usually get the benefit of the doubt too. So yeah. That's the reason why no ACC schools went after him. Hell, barely any midmajors went after him... He only received three scholarship offers.

The curious thing was Virginia Tech not going after Seth Curry after seeing how good Steph was. They didn't even give the kid a chance, then he goes to Liberty and averages 20 a game as a frosh. Although I feel his development has been stunted at Duke thus far. There's a reason why he had major beef with Austin Rivers last season.

bizil
09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
The thing that separates Steph from the younger PG's like Rose, Westbrook, Wall, Rubio, etc. is of course his jumper. He's one of the best shooters in the world flat out. Who manifests that ability to average 17.5 points for his career. so far. But in order to be on Nash's level, u gotta be damn near close to being one of the five or six greatest passers who has ever lived. We are talking guys like Magic, Stockton, Isiah, Big O, and Paul level. Steph so far hasn't shown that kind of passing ability.

In my opinion, a better comparison would be Mark Price, Steph is a couple of inches taller, but I see more Price in Steph than Nash. Price was a great passer himself, but I always viewed him a little behind guys like Magic, Isiah, or Stockton in that era. And Price at his best was HOF caliber who was the best pure shooter arguably of ALL TIME amongst PG's. So I see Price now. But if he improves the passing than possibly Nash.

scm5
09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm a huge fan of Steph Curry's game. It's so smooth like his J.

I know he's not up to the caliber(yet) of what Laker fans seem to always want, but I would be ecstatic if the Lakers somehow got him once Kobe/Nash/Gasol are off the books and we're building around Dwight.

WesWelkerACL
09-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm a huge fan of Steph Curry's game. It's so smooth like his J.

I know he's not up to the caliber(yet) of what Laker fans seem to always want, but I would be ecstatic if the Lakers somehow got him once Kobe/Nash/Gasol are off the books and we're building around Dwight.

Come on man, not everything is about the Lakers. This is not a Lakers board. That's just ridiculous to crowbar into this thread.

crisoner
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I love Curry's game. He just needs to stay healthy. Hopefully he will this season and the Warriors go to the playoffs.

chips93
09-10-2012, 07:01 PM
anybody else worried about OP jumping on the bandwagon of your promising young player?

TheBigVeto
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
LOL come on now. He's got potential and is very good, but Nash is GOAT PG. He'll never reach Nash's level.

scm5
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Come on man, not everything is about the Lakers. This is not a Lakers board. That's just ridiculous to crowbar into this thread.

Would this be an issue if I were a fan of another team?

I was just expressing how much I like the dude as a player and how I would love to have him on my team. Pretty much the same thing as senelcoolidge said a few posts up about Curry being a Bobcat.

Calm down.

Cali Syndicate
09-11-2012, 01:45 AM
The thing that separates Steph from the younger PG's like Rose, Westbrook, Wall, Rubio, etc. is of course his jumper. He's one of the best shooters in the world flat out. Who manifests that ability to average 17.5 points for his career. so far. But in order to be on Nash's level, u gotta be damn near close to being one of the five or six greatest passers who has ever lived. We are talking guys like Magic, Stockton, Isiah, Big O, and Paul level. Steph so far hasn't shown that kind of passing ability.

In my opinion, a better comparison would be Mark Price, Steph is a couple of inches taller, but I see more Price in Steph than Nash. Price was a great passer himself, but I always viewed him a little behind guys like Magic, Isiah, or Stockton in that era. And Price at his best was HOF caliber who was the best pure shooter arguably of ALL TIME amongst PG's. So I see Price now. But if he improves the passing than possibly Nash.

Curry is also a craftier player with his handles and play around the hoop. Unlike those three players, Curry doesn't have that elite athleticism. Depends on his his skill set and IQ, which IMO ahead of the curve among these young PG's.

And Rubio is a ninth wonder type of player with his court vision.

I like the Price comparison, but Price was essentially was Nash before Nash, therefore Nash was the improved Price. Long shot but Curry the improved Nash? Awwwww yyyyeeeeaaaa~

therammingman
09-11-2012, 02:27 AM
this is an insult to nash

jdm_dc_fan
09-11-2012, 05:08 AM
repost

jdm_dc_fan
09-11-2012, 05:08 AM
I wanna see rondo and curry spend a summer together working on their game. Both would benefit from each other. :pimp:

jimmy77x
01-23-2016, 12:24 PM
So many gems in this thread :lol Curry without a doubt the best player in the world right now.

GOBB
01-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Definitely not next Nash. Nash was a pass first PG, Curry is a score first. Diff type of PG. The comparison of their efficient shooting is similar. Nash has more 50-40-90 clubs than Curry who currently has 0.

Done_And_Done
01-23-2016, 12:36 PM
I love Curry's game. He just needs to stay healthy. Hopefully he will this season and the Warriors go to the playoffs.

My how things have changed. From a fringe playoff team to one that's grazaing records.

JtotheIzzo
01-23-2016, 12:43 PM

Not shittin on the poster, but this idea that young players with talent on bad teams don't give a f*ck is a horrible observation.

Straight_Ballin
01-23-2016, 01:15 PM
My how things have changed. From a fringe playoff team to one that's grazaing records.

It feels good knowing that I predicted all this. Not gonna lie. :rockon:

oarabbus
01-23-2016, 07:47 PM

That foresight :bowdown:

Deuce Bigalow
01-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Definitely not next Nash. Nash was a pass first PG, Curry is a score first. Diff type of PG. The comparison of their efficient shooting is similar. Nash has more 50-40-90 clubs than Curry who currently has 0.
30.1 ppg on .510/.451/.911 currently

Only Bird in 87-88 can compare

29.9 ppg on .527/.414/.916

Curry's making his own club, the 50/45/90 club and he's doing it with 30 ppg with a scoring title potentially :eek:

Sakkreth
01-23-2016, 07:57 PM

Goat post :roll:

RepMe
01-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Little did the OP know how much Curry would surpass Nash. Not a bad prediction :applause:

Blue&Orange
01-23-2016, 09:13 PM
:applause:

ImKobe
01-23-2016, 09:18 PM
Curry is the GOAT PG. Easily.

Draz
01-23-2016, 09:22 PM
:roll: Shit post from a shit poster

NBAplayoffs2001
01-23-2016, 10:59 PM
So many OPs to neg but so little time :confusedshrug: