PDA

View Full Version : Jordan ripping his teammates the classic quotes!

East_Stone_Ya
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
........................"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

Quote:
"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

Quote:
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

Quote:
"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

Quote:
"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

Quote:
"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

Quote:
"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

Quote:
I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

Quote:
"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

Quote:
"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

Quote:
"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

Quote:
"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

Quote:
"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

Quote:
"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

Quote:
"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

Quote:
"Give me the fu*king ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

Quote:
"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

Quote:
"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

Quote:
"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

Quote:
"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

Quote:
"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

Quote:
"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

Quote:
"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

Quote:
"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

Quote:
"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

Quote:
"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue - AWESOME!

Quote:
"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"..........

Quote:
"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

Quote:
"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

Quote:
"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

Quote:
"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

Quote:
"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

Quote:
"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Mr Clutch Melo
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

LOL:lol :lol

U got Served
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
This won't end well.

Samurai Swoosh
03-22-2010, 05:27 PM

LOL:lol :lol
Jordan was so ... :pimp:

OldSchoolBBall
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
This stuff never fails to get posted at least once every couple of months. Hysterical. Someone on another board with access to the book showed that these all looked a LOT less bad when the surrounding context was included. Not to say MJ wasn't an ass -- he was -- just not as much as some of these quotes indicate.

madmax
03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
:lol :lol :D That's a real Mike for ya all..,

KenneBell
03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
After the Chamillionaire story, nothing MJ says surprises me anymore. :oldlol:

Indian guy
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
After 6 championships, these quotes simply become hilarious shit MJ said.

Kellogs4toniee
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Man what an ass he was.

Still the G.O.A.T tho :rockon:

Question, what sources are you using for those quotes?

phoenix18
03-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Jordan was so ... :pimp:
Seriously, Cliff Clinckscales?

My rival has to have a name I can say with a straight face.:oldlol:

Indian guy
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Pretty sure they're all from The Jordan Rules.

OldSchoolBBall
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Man what an ass he was.

The quotes are mostly from the book "The Jordan Rules," which was already one of the biggest hatchet jobs in history even without removing the surrounding context for these quotes, which makes them look even worse.

Samurai Swoosh
03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Seriously, Cliff Clinckscales?
Dude, I can't stand him ... don't get me started

KenneBell
03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Man what an ass he was.

He still is. :oldlol:

L.A. Jazz
03-22-2010, 05:38 PM
thats the way it is. you dont get there by being nice.

East_Stone_Ya
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Man what an ass he was.

i found the quotes from RealGM

Samurai Swoosh
03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
these all looked a LOT less bad when the surrounding context was included.
No, they don't Loki. The book was written by Sam Smith at the peak of their feud. You know damn well these were the first real instances of seeing the type of person MJ was behind close doors, and they're not out of context. This book cemented the resentment between the two, Jordan knowing that it was a peak into the real person he was behind the curtain.

Embrace the reality of it, and its utterly hilarious. We all know Jordan was no angel. I think these quotes and aspect to his character make him all the more intriguing, rather than the Tiger Woods-esque robot they wanted to make him into.

Most of the put downs are well deserved, and spot on in their assessments.

East_Stone_Ya
03-22-2010, 05:44 PM
This stuff never fails to get posted at least once every couple of months. Hysterical. Someone on another board with access to the book showed that these all looked a LOT less bad when the surrounding context was included. Not to say MJ wasn't an ass -- he was -- just not as much as some of these quotes indicate.

true all the quotes are basically taken out of context, but still i found some pretty harsh like the one on Charles Davis:(

inclinerator
03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
"hey you piece of sht, pass me the ball if you're getting doubled. You're the worst loser in the nba, heck i dont even know why you're still in the nba. You are a scumbag, the lowest of the low."

Luigi
03-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:

:hammertime:

OldSchoolBBall
03-22-2010, 05:47 PM
No, they don't Loki.

Yes, they do. Someone on another board posted the surrounding context for like 8-10 of these and they all looked a lot less bad in light of that context. Still bad in some cases, but not "OMG how did he say that!?" bad. Wish that board had a search feature.

Samurai Swoosh
03-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes, they do. Someone on another board posted the surrounding context for like 8-10 of these and they all looked a lot less bad in light of that context. Still bad in some cases, but not "OMG how did he say that!?" bad. Wish that board had a search feature.
You didn't respond to the rest of my post.

reppy
03-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:

:D :D :D

madmax
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:

:D :D :D
this one is especially amusing:D

stephanieg
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
This won't end well.

OK, I'll start the first troll:

Man, if Kobe or LeBron were like this they'd be even better. Kobe should use one of these for inspiration next time Farmar looks him off or Gasol goes up soft and gets rejected by a guard. LeBron should bust into Mo for being a little ***** and West for being a psycho.

/trolloff

G-train
03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
He's joking half the time

Desperado
03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
:roll:

Some of my favorites

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

Damn MJ was ruthless! I respect that though......

If Jordan played today, with all of the intense media coverage and internet discussion, he'd probably be hated just like Kobe.

Shyt hasn't changed. Its just technology nowadays makes it easy for ANYBODY's business to be exposed.

I can only imagine the dirt that was going on in the NFL before forums, blogs, etc.

Kblaze8855
03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
This shit is just funny to me. Ive said worse to teammates of mine(football and basketball) and I wasnt Michael Jordan. I wasnt even the Michael Jordan of AA JV basketball. I was a part time starting 4 homeless mans Dennis Rodman....and ive said worse than that to teammates. If I were Michael Jordan good id have worn guys out.

East_Stone_Ya
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Bill Cartwright promised to break Jordan's legs:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6avQRL37Y&feature=player_embedded#

lilgregoden
03-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:

lol harsh

tontoz
03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
The Jordan Rules was not a hatchet job. It was just an honest behind the scenes look at the team. There was a lot of positive stuff in there about Jordan but nobody remembers any of that.

I remember one funny quote that i didnt see listed. Jordan was yelling at a teamate for not passing him the ball.

Teamate says "But MJ, you had two guys on you."

Jordan "Yeah, but one was Fred Roberts."

west
03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
The Jordan Rules was not a hatchet job. It was just an honest behind the scenes look at the team. There was a lot of positive stuff in there about Jordan but nobody remembers any of that.

I remember one funny quote that i didnt see listed. Jordan was yelling at a teamate for not passing him the ball.

:lol :lol :lol

juju151111
03-22-2010, 06:33 PM

:lol :roll: :applause:

Samurai Swoosh
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM

:oldlol:

phoenix18
03-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:

lol harsh
:eek:

How could you be so heartless? Naaaaaaaaah

How could you be so heartless? on on and on on and on

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-22-2010, 06:49 PM

:lol Who is fred roberts :confusedshrug:

ZeN
03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-22-2010, 06:51 PM
you know MJ had to be :lol as he was saying half of this stuff.

I wonder the type of stuff Kobe has said.

LA_Showtime
03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
My God. Just goes to show how the media can turn a fanbase against you. Can you imagine if Kobe or LeBron said these type of things and they got out to the public. :oldlol:

I particularly like the general manager comment.

thejusman1
03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Jordan's HOF acceptance speech was pretty bad too.

Rekindled
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
My God. Just goes to show how the media can turn a fanbase against you. Can you imagine if Kobe or LeBron said these type of things and they got out to the public. :oldlol:

you dont think kobe has said things like these to his teammates? kobe was voted one of the worst teammates

Jakeh008
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:

2 words:
Kwame
Morrison

Glide2keva
03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
2 words:
Kwame
Morrison
Two more words: bobcats, playoffs

and I'm dying at the fred roberts comment :lol:

Glide2keva
03-22-2010, 08:17 PM
"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new oneStacy was a scrub and could get a board to save his life. he showed flashes here and there, but nothing to write home about.

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."This was just cutthroat, damn, lol

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue - AWESOME!

Have any of you seen Will Purdue play? If you did, then you'd understand

MJ was funny as hell with these quotes.

Desperado
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect?''

smh

ShaqAttack3234
03-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Some priceless quotes. :roll: I always loved Jordan's trash talking, Bird as well.

catch24
03-22-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjH4MCFjysw

Mike knows what's good.

Solid Snake
03-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Portraying Jordan as a neutral robot has got to be one of the most successful operations of all time.

Even when damning evidence is brought out, people still somehow can't see him for the low-class human being he is. Just happens to be the greatest at basketball, don't try to make him a great person.

Timmy D for MVP
03-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Jordan
Bird
Chuck

Just love to listen to them trash. They're great at it.

Apparently so is Tiger but idk if he's gonna be sayin much now they can come back with some scandal stuff.

BlueandGold
03-22-2010, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjH4MCFjysw

Mike knows what's good.

I still get goosebumps.

How about this quote:

Bird: “I think he’s God disguised as Michael Jordan.” - on Jordan scoring 63 against the Celtics in game 2 of their playoff series.

Desperado
03-22-2010, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=BlueandGold]I still get goosebumps.

How about this quote:

Bird:

theguru
03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
This shit is just funny to me. Ive said worse to teammates of mine(football and basketball) and I wasnt Michael Jordan. I wasnt even the Michael Jordan of AA JV basketball. I was a part time starting 4 homeless mans Dennis Rodman....and ive said worse than that to teammates. If I were Michael Jordan good id have worn guys out.

sheesh... im glad i didn't play ball with you in high school.

bokes15
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:

:roll: :roll:

airchibundo507
03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:

definitely the funniest, imo

Fatal9
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
what an ungrateful prick.

6thManOfTheYear
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM

:roll:

OhNoTimNoSho
03-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Portraying Jordan as a neutral robot has got to be one of the most successful operations of all time.

Even when damning evidence is brought out, people still somehow can't see him for the low-class human being he is. Just happens to be the greatest at basketball, don't try to make him a great person.
Oh boo hoo, i bet all your friends think your a douche.

Part of what made Jordan amazing is who he was as a person and his drive. Its impossible to view Michael negatively. Jordan for president!!!

Desperado
03-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Its impossible to view Michael negatively.

jeez .....MJ jockers

minds are clouded by nostalgia

Living Being
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
NEWSFLASH: the NBA's GOAT was an arrogant prick.

ILLsmak
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't view him negatively because of it. He did his thing and won a lot. In the end, you can't complain. Was he a jerk? Yeah. Did he externalize? Yeah. And a lot of the time he was just talking out of his ass.

"If I was a GM..." haha, oops.

People are different. His personality should not take away from his game. But just because he was good at a game doesn't mean he's a great person, either.

But it's funny how there is a line with true superstars... the ones that are supportive and the ones that try to use negativity as motivation. Of course, I'm sure people could pull out quotes by anyone and make it seem like they were a jerk. Like that whole Shaq thing he said about Chris Quinn...

I often wonder (while I am pondering why Jeff Jordan is such a mediocre player with his athletic talent) if he even treats his kids that way. I really bet he does.

MJ is like Denzel from He Got Game.

-Smak

AirJordan23
03-22-2010, 10:42 PM

cotdt
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I heard that Jordan used to slap his teammates in practice. He was a very abusive individual.

gmoney9
03-22-2010, 11:11 PM

those are the best quotes, I can imagine Scottie at his locker shaking his head disappointed when MJ walks over and says that

Lebron23
03-22-2010, 11:19 PM
thats the way it is. you dont get there by being nice.

I agree. Nice guys always finish last.

Jacks3
03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Jordan with the great wit! :applause:

tontoz
03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Some priceless quotes. :roll: I always loved Jordan's trash talking, Bird as well.

Once during a break in play Bird walks over to the opposing coach and says...

"You need to put someone else on me because I'm killing this guy."

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-22-2010, 11:22 PM

:applause:

CeoTypeDoe619
03-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Its funny when Jordan hits his teammates and talks sh*t ot them and belittles the, Its "Nice guys dont finish last" or "Being nice dont get you know where"
But when Kobe does one lil thing he is a horribe teammate. :oldlol:
The hypocrisy on this website is too funny:oldlol: :oldlol:
People need to get off Jordans nuts

gmoney9
03-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Another MJ quote

Aww hell naw man, I ain't taking no pictures with no n****

I tell you what, you pay $15,000 right now for a jersey from me and i'll take a picture with you

Mamba
03-22-2010, 11:45 PM
larry bird's quotes are awesome aswell. one of my favourites

As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.

Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It's being able to take it as well as dish it out. That's the only way you're going to get respect from the players.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

While day by day the overzealous student stores up facts for future use, he who has learned to trust nature finds need for ever fewer external directions. He will discard formula after formula, until he reaches the conclusion: Let nature take its course.

Samurai Swoosh
03-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Ungrateful? LOL ...

Samurai Swoosh
03-23-2010, 12:01 AM
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect?''

smh
For the most part its true, though

Lebron23
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
........................"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

Quote:

Quote:
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

Quote:
"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

Quote:
"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

Quote:

Quote:
"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

Quote:
"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

Quote:

Quote:
"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"Give me the fu*king ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

Quote:
"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

Quote:
"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

Quote:
"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"..........

Quote:
"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

Quote:
"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

Quote:
"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

Quote:
"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

Quote:
"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

Quote:
"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

:lol :lol :lol

thejumpa
03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
lol Jordan is straight clowninnnnnn. You gotta wonder what was said back to him, though. I couldn't imagine some of these players just taking it and not talking shit back. Then again, it IS Michael Jordan....

I figured MJ would have something to say about LeBron the other night and I could put it in this thread. Too bad he kept it cool.....

East_Stone_Ya
03-23-2010, 03:05 AM
''right after the Bulls won one of their championships. Everyone was in the locker room celebrating the win, people were going crazy, and center Bill Wennington was crying. Jordan said "What are you crying for? I just won it for you!''

DuMa
03-23-2010, 03:06 AM
classic quotes :D

chris02jammers
03-23-2010, 03:38 AM
:hammertime:
Quote:

I would Select Kwame Brown and Adam Morison hahaha

:roll: :roll: :roll:

markymark
03-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Barkley's quotes >>> MJ's quotes

zabuza666
03-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The bolded is really ****ing dog imo.

If i was davis i would have turned around and belted the hell out of him

Diesel J
03-23-2010, 04:08 AM
\

:roll: :applause:

TryToBeUnbias
03-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
:D my favorite.

Fallguy20
03-23-2010, 04:54 AM
The bolded is really ****ing dog imo.

If i was davis i would have turned around and belted the hell out of him

If you were Davis then no, you would'nt have.

EricForman
03-23-2010, 05:01 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

East_Stone_Ya
03-23-2010, 06:50 AM
''Michael Jordan ripped former Chicago Bulls teammates Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant, and said he could average 32 points after only two weeks of preparation if he decided to to come back to the NBA.

Then speaking about Pippen and Grant, the three time league MVP said his father encouraged him "all that season" to retire because "he felt my teammates didn't appreciate what i was doing for them".

"I covered their asses when they got tight at the end of games and i had to overcome fourth-quarter deficits all by myself," Jordan said. "It bothered my father a lot, just as it bothered me, to hear them bitchin' about not getting enought credit, or not getting enought shots, or squawking about the supposed preferential treatment i was getting from (coach) Phil (Jackson).

momo
03-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Not sure if it is legit or just folklore but;

Coach Dean Smith

"There is no I in team"

Jordo

"There is in win"

Pretty great :P

DCL
03-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:

ouuuuuuuch

CeoTypeDoe619
03-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Jordan is a c*cksucking douche with a gambling/ Sex addiction. He may be rich but money aint everything

DJ Leon Smith
03-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Some of those quotes are harsh (and some have no source - even in the Jordan Rules there's a few that are essentially anonymous quotes), but the thing is Jordan demanding his teammates to be better helped the careers of guys like Pippen and Grant as they were coming up in the NBA. And some of the veterans - especially guys like Cartwright and Steve Kerr - also earned Jordan's respect by standing up to him, physically or verbally. Some of the guys who Jordan called out just ended up showing their true colors sooner rather than later (eg. Stacey King, Brad Sellers) and weren't a factor in any of the Bulls title teams.

The bottom line is Jordan was an asshole at times, but he was an asshole who just wanted his team to win.

Floppy
03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Jordan is a c*cksucking douche with a gambling/ Sex addiction. He may be rich but money aint everything
And Kobe's a perfect role model. :oldlol:

One retarded Kobe stan gets banned and an even worse one shows up.

Must be a coincidence.

Desperado
03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
And Kobe's a perfect role model. :oldlol:

One retarded Kobe stan gets banned and an even worse one shows up.

Must be a coincidence.

It's not like Kobe is going around and punching his teammates, having his coach fired, dealing with the mob, having illegitimate kids etc...

*cough* MJ *cough*

Diesel J
03-23-2010, 12:28 PM
It's not like Kobe is going around and punching his teammates, having his coach fired, dealing with the mob, having illegitimate kids etc...

*cough* MJ *cough*

KObe rapes chicks and likes to bust on their faces:roll:

Desperado
03-23-2010, 12:29 PM

Jordan refuses to pay off his gambling debts and his father dies because of him being stingy.

Yuki Nagato
03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Jordan refuses to pay off his gambling debts and his father dies because of him being stingy.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and the plane crashed into the pentagon was Bush's fault :rolleyes:

Desperado
03-23-2010, 12:39 PM
In March of 1992, three Jordan checks for $108,000 are found in the briefcase of murdered man. It reveals the extent of Jordan

Alhazred
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM

Source.

Not denying the gambling, but what evidence is there that James Jordan's death was a direct result of Michael's debts?

Desperado
03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Source.

http://old.disinfo.com/archive/pages/article/id1635/pg1/index.html

Desperado
03-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Yeah Kobe did commit ADULTERY like 75% of the married men and 60% of married women .

IF he raped that girl, he should be in prison. But the lack of evidence, her shaky testimony and her statements, the fact that she slept with multiple men that same night, and the fact that semen of another man was found on her panties all point to Kobe being innocent of rape.

Still yet, the courts found him innocent and what he does in his personal life does NOT affect what he does for his team and how clean his game is.

Kobe cheated on his wife. Jordan did too but none of you haters ever bring that up.

Alhazred
03-23-2010, 12:59 PM
http://old.disinfo.com/archive/pages/article/id1635/pg1/index.html

From that same article:

Although some have speculated that his father's death had something to do with Jordan's gambling, I don't believe that to be the case. James Jordan wasn't a saint, truth be told. He was found guilty and sentenced to three years in prison (which were suspended) for being a cog in a larger embezzlement scheme in 1985, and at the time of his death, he was the subject of several lawsuits concerning the unpaid bills of his clothing company, JVL Enterprises, Inc. And even though there are some odd facts surrounding his murder (like the fact that a man like Michael Jordan's father decided to sleep in his car on the side of a rural highway rather than find a hotel or stay overnight at a friend's home), there is no real evidence to support a conspiracy.

:confusedshrug:

Hotbullets
03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Love his game.
Hate his personality.

Seriously, what a prick.

Samurai Swoosh
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
likes to bust on their faces:roll:
Are you insinuating you DON'T like to bust on chick's faces?

guy
03-23-2010, 01:45 PM
''Michael Jordan ripped former Chicago Bulls teammates Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant, and said he could average 32 points after only two weeks of preparation if he decided to to come back to the NBA.

Then speaking about Pippen and Grant, the three time league MVP said his father encouraged him "all that season" to retire because "he felt my teammates didn't appreciate what i was doing for them".

"I covered their asses when they got tight at the end of games and i had to overcome fourth-quarter deficits all by myself," Jordan said. "It bothered my father a lot, just as it bothered me, to hear them bitchin' about not getting enought credit, or not getting enought shots, or squawking about the supposed preferential treatment i was getting from (coach) Phil (Jackson).

What the hell is this from?

Leviathon1121
03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah Kobe did commit ADULTERY like 75% of the married men and 60% of married women .

IF he raped that girl, he should be in prison. But the lack of evidence, her shaky testimony and her statements, the fact that she slept with multiple men that same night, and the fact that semen of another man was found on her panties all point to Kobe being innocent of rape.

Still yet, the courts found him innocent and what he does in his personal life does NOT affect what he does for his team and how clean his game is.

Kobe cheated on his wife. Jordan did too but none of you haters ever bring that up.

Speaking of lack of evidence, http://old.disinfo.com/archive/pages/article/id1635/pg1/index.html. Well, there's a plethora of rock solid evidence.

Funny thing is, Kobe was not even in this thread until another of your Bryant buttpirates brought him out of nowhere. You guys are your favorite players worst haters.

Back on topic, I would just like to know how much of this was said in a somewhat joking manner. I mean you could take quotes out of context from me when I am at work and make me look like a horrible person. Don't get me wrong, I know Jordan's reputation, it just seems like a lot of that stuff might have been said in a joking manner, and without context it looks that much worse.

Floppy
03-23-2010, 02:44 PM

You're so ****ing stupid. :lol

catch24
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606051028AABd3VS

Still plagiarizing are we? Too bad you're too stupid to articulate yourself troll.

Alhazred
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606051028AABd3VS

Still plagiarizing are we? Too bad you're too stupid to articulate yourself troll.

Catch24 FTW

tontoz
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Source.

Not denying the gambling, but what evidence is there that James Jordan's death was a direct result of Michael's debts?

There is none. If my memory is right he was about to fall asleep while driving so he pulled off to the side of the road and slept in his car. That is where he got robbed and killed. There was no evidence that the killer knew who he was.

East_Stone_Ya
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM

''The media came after me the last couple of years because they couldn't write bad about my play,'' he said. ''When my father disappeared, it was so irresponsible, so insensitive to link my father with my gambling''

raptorfan_dr07
03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
It's not like Kobe is going around and punching his teammates

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-120551815.html

having his coach fired

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/2004-10-12-jackson-book_x.htm

dealing with the mob, having illegitimate kids etc...

Even worse: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0924041kobea1.html

You can STFU now, bye bye.

East_Stone_Ya
03-23-2010, 05:29 PM
''it was not the first time Jackson requested the team trade Bryant. He sought to trade him to the Phoenix Suns for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion in the 1999-00 season:eek: . But then-general manager Jerry West told Jackson that owner Jerry Buss would never trade the Laker star, he wrote in his diary. Jackson said he was told the same thing last season''

Roundball_Rock
03-23-2010, 07:35 PM
The greatest American leader since FDR. :applause:

Jordan is not unique among ultra competitive people to behave this way but what amuses me is how he is held up by some basketball fans as a paragon of great leadership. Study great leaders. Yes, there are a few like Jordan but generally the way to produce results is to build your team up. Did FDR cuss out his cabinet during the Depression? Did Washington tell his troops they sucked at Valley Forge? Did Lincoln call Grant stupid because Grant graduated last in his class at West Point? No, no, and no.

Read Wennington's book for an insider's take on the dynamics of the Bulls. He is pro-MJ btw but if you read it you will find Jordan was not the only leader on that team as mythology holds he was. http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Wenningtons-Tales-Bulls-Hardwood/dp/1582617929

NuggetsFan
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Uhh leading a basketball team is probably different from leading all the random things your talking about. Jordan probably went to far sometimes but you can't argue with results and the results are 6 rings.

Poodle
03-23-2010, 07:56 PM
in what context was this said?

Quote:

hard to believe mj would make such a politically incorrect statement. at least the rest of the other stuff you can blame on his passion for winning where he'd get all pissd at mistakes.

i always hear about how he punched kerr in the nose for not practicing hard enough or something, and did something else crazy like that. he was truly one of a kind.

Poodle
03-23-2010, 08:02 PM

Jordan is not unique among ultra competitive people to behave this way but what amuses me is how he is held up by some basketball fans as a paragon of great leadership. Study great leaders. Yes, there are a few like Jordan but generally the way to produce results is to build your team up. Did FDR cuss out his cabinet during the Depression? Did Washington tell his troops they sucked at Valley Forge? Did Lincoln call Grant stupid because Grant graduated last in his class at West Point? No, no, and no.

Read Wennington's book for an insider's take on the dynamics of the Bulls. He is pro-MJ btw but if you read it you will find Jordan was not the only leader on that team as mythology holds he was. http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Wenningtons-Tales-Bulls-Hardwood/dp/1582617929

spoonfeed the highlights? sounds interesting but no way i'm buying a wennington book to find out.

tontoz
03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
in what context was this said?

Quote:

hard to believe mj would make such a politically incorrect statement. at least the rest of the other stuff you can blame on his passion for winning where he'd get all pissd at mistakes.

i always hear about how he punched kerr in the nose for not practicing hard enough or something, and did something else crazy like that. he was truly one of a kind.

He was complaining about the team. At the time they were struggling to get past Detroit in the playoffs (they hadn't won their first title yet) and Jordan was griping at practice.

He said that Grant and Pippen had the talent but didn't take things seriously enough. He complained about the rookies being together as usual and his comment "they have no idea what it's all about" was directed towards them.

His comment about the white guys was directed at Paxon, Perdue and a big bruiser whose name i can't remember. He liked the bruiser even though his talent was minimal because the guy set good picks. He openly liked Paxon, who management kept trying to replace. He couldn't stand Perdue though. i don't think he was being racist with his comments.

Leviathon1121
03-23-2010, 08:47 PM

Well, there you have it. Jordan is apparently comparable to the great leaders of this COUNTRY. I wonder if a few months from now he will quote himself and use it as proof that everyone on ISH thinks Jordan is as good of a leader as United States Presidents.

NBASTATMAN
03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mj is a funny mofo.... :oldlol:

NuggetsFan
03-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, there you have it. Jordan is apparently comparable to the great leaders of this COUNTRY. I wonder if a few months from now he will quote himself and use it as proof that everyone on ISH thinks Jordan is as good of a leader as United States Presidents.

:roll: :roll:

OhNoTimNoSho
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Obviously MJ has a great sense of humor.

tontoz
03-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:

I haven't read the whole thread so i don't know if anyone posted it yet. that quote happened before the last play of the deciding playoff game against the Cavs.

When Collins started drawing up the play for Corzine everyone in the huddle starting looking around. Collins explained that nobody would expect a play for Corzine.

That is when jordan slammed his fist on Collins clipboard and demanded the ball. Then he hit that hanging jumper from the top of the key against Ehlo to finish off the Cavs.

Collins was Jordan's biatch. Collins could never stand up to Jordan and that is why Jordan never could respect him. Jackson would stand up to Jordan, but not in a confrontational manner. He would just keep working him and working him to try to get him to play more unselfishly.

RealKnowledge
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Desperado]In March of 1992, three Jordan checks for $108,000 are found in the briefcase of murdered man. It reveals the extent of Jordan

OldSchoolBBall
03-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Most people will be in denial and deny this. But ask anybody in Chicago Jordan's dad was killed from Jordan not taking his debt to the Mafia serious. The day after his father was killed Jordan payed the entire debt of the next day.

Yes, because I'm sure a person making $40-60M/yr really wouldn't pay $1-2M if their family's lives were threatened. :rolleyes: :hammerhead:

Andrei89
03-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Jordan saying white men can't play. I guess he never heard of Larry birdz

guy
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Most people will be in denial and deny this. But ask anybody in Chicago Jordan's dad was killed from Jordan not taking his debt to the Mafia serious. The day after his father was killed Jordan payed the entire debt of the next day.

I find it funny how people say "everyone in Chicago" knows this. Its like Chicago is one of those small towns where everyone knows each other, and some juicy news like this wouldn't get out on a national scale because of that.

Diesel J
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Are you insinuating you DON'T like to bust on chick's faces?

:lol

RealKnowledge
03-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Yes, because I'm sure a person making $40-60M/yr really wouldn't pay $1-2M if their family's lives were threatened. :rolleyes: :hammerhead:
Don;t make up numbers. At that point his NBA salary was 3 million dollars. I doubt he got 57 million in endorsements. Lmao. You can even read articles. He owed them 900,000 and kept trying to bring the price lower. If he didn't feel like he had any connections to his Murder. Why go leave Bball and chase Baseball which your horrible at just to do what your Pops wish you played? Guilty Conscience?

RealKnowledge
03-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I find it funny how people say "everyone in Chicago" knows this. Its like Chicago is one of those small towns where everyone knows each other, and some juicy news like this wouldn't get out on a national scale because of that.
because theirs evidence but no HARDCORE PROOF and if you think that their no way he was connected to his pops murder your very naive or just foolish. Im not saying its true but too much coincidences to think of it as just a random conspiracy theory

Himan12
03-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Asshole.
Shitty baseball player.
GOAT.

Legend.

DuMa
03-24-2010, 01:00 AM
because theirs evidence but no HARDCORE PROOF and if you think that their no way he was connected to his pops murder your very naive or just foolish. Im not saying its true but too much coincidences to think of it as just a random conspiracy theory

try to pass 5th grade english first with your bad grammar before you start reading conspiracy theories that your head cannot possibly comprehend.

kthxbye

EricForman
03-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Asshole.
Shitty baseball player.
GOAT.

Legend.

this about sums it up. end this silly thread.

for the record, russell is notoriously rude to fans who approach him and refuses autographs. magic cheated on his wife and had careless sex, possibly infecting other girls with HIV, bird had a daughter whom he refused to acknowledge early on in her life. kobe was accused of rape and then snitched on a teammate to the police. kareem was caught with drugs.

does it matter? does it affect their status as legends? nope.

you Jordan detractors are idiots. no sh*t he wasnt a soulful nice guy to teammates. you dont become the GOAT unless you have that "f*ck you, i'm taking over" attitude. this same thread can be made for every all time great save for David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

dreaming121
03-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Don;t make up numbers. At that point his NBA salary was 3 million dollars. I doubt he got 57 million in endorsements. Lmao. You can even read articles. He owed them 900,000 and kept trying to bring the price lower. If he didn't feel like he had any connections to his Murder. Why go leave Bball and chase Baseball which your horrible at just to do what your Pops wish you played? Guilty Conscience?

By that time, he had already several endorsements and even owned the Jordan shoe brand.

And according to this site: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

He was making 4 million that year.

Total salary from his rookie to that year is around 16.7 million.

lets say 20% tax cut his total paycheck is around 13.36 million.

even if you subtract around 3 million from gambling that's still 10.36 million.

If we subtract lets say 7 million from his living expenses, that is still 3.36 million to spend throughout his life.

That is excluding his investments, endorsements and other expenses.

note: Income tax % is made up, don't really know how much the income tax those years.

Why would a man with that much money refuse to pay if his father was threatened? And why did they kill Jodran's father? Rather than take him hostage?

Samurai Swoosh
03-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Jordan saying white men can't play. I guess he never heard of Larry birdz
You clearly didn't understand the quote. Especially if you read books on Jordan. His favorite player on the team, and most trusted allie was John Paxson.

His statement was more a testement to white players than black athletes.

For the most part they don't have near the natural talent and athletic abilities, but they're harder working, and smarter than their black counterparts.

He went onto diss his black teammates as well.

Number2
03-24-2010, 02:07 AM

That's hilarious.

OldSchoolBBall
03-24-2010, 02:14 AM

Jordan was making $40M/yr in endorsements in the early 90's. Then add in his salary, investments etc.

The_Yearning
06-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Dude is the TRUTH.

ashbelly
06-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:

Quote:
"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

keep-itreal
06-27-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6avQRL37Y

zORi
06-27-2010, 03:58 PM

I was just thinking that.

Or imagine if Kobe had punched Pau in practice because he didn't like a screen set on him.

Jordan is the best who ever did it, but his popularity would have severely decreased in today's society because it's not that people have to just like how you play, anymore; they also have to like you as a person now.

zORi
06-27-2010, 04:11 PM

LOL, I don't know what school you went to, but at my old high school, you would've been eaten alive.

Our star player didn't talk to us like that, no way in hell we would let someone who wasn't even a consistent starter rip into us like that.

imdaman99
06-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey MJ is the GOAT and he had killer instinct. Sometimes public ridicule is what you need to fire up your teammates. I've gotten into fights with my own teammates and everytime they start playing again they are playing ferociously. Yeah I look like the villain, but who cares when winning is all that matters to you. Prob not the right mentality for me, since I am playing for fun. But it's ok for him to do because winning is what got him paid.

And enough of those sound like he is joking around with his teammates. So calm down guys.

BlueandGold
06-27-2010, 05:03 PM
say what you want, all of those quotes are based off winning. The man simply just wanted to win.

lol @ this one

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward."

LOL <3 MJ. That quote describes a ton of fat, "big-baby" type PFs/Cs in the league today.

Big Baby
Stoudamire (not fat, but tall and can't rebound)
Shaq
Big Z
Dirk

Sad that Gasol, who is arguably less gifted physically than Dirk, stoudamire and shaq gets way more rebounds than all of those players.

gyu
06-27-2010, 05:14 PM
say what you want, all of those quotes are based off winning. The man simply just wanted to win.

lol @ this one

LOL <3 MJ. That quote describes a ton of fat, "big-baby" type PFs/Cs in the league today.

Big Baby
Stoudamire (not fat, but tall and can't rebound)
Shaq
Big Z
Dirk

Sad that Gasol, who is arguably less gifted physically than Dirk, stoudamire and shaq gets way more rebounds than all of those players.
How is Nowitzki physically gifted? Stoudemire and Shaq are/were very athletic for their positions, but I can't see why you would list Dirk as physically gifted.
Gasol is more gifted than Dirk, taller, just as mobile.

Agent_Zero
06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:

bagelred
06-27-2010, 09:11 PM

Are you reading Lebron?

Come to New York....we'll treat you right. :D

VIP2000
06-27-2010, 10:41 PM
That Fred Roberts one is hilarious.

jasonresno
06-27-2010, 11:11 PM
When you're the clear cut GOAT at your sport you're allowed to talk any way you want.

Cerebral Jedi
06-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Jordan:"I'd **** a nun in the ***, then burn down her orphanage, if that's what it took for me to win."

Jordan Stan:"OMFG! That's the greatest quote of all time. It just shows how ruthless Jordan was and how much he wanted to win. He's the GOAT and can say whatever he wants, hell he could actually do what he said and I'd be ok with it." :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:rolleyes:

PowerGlove
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Jordan:"I'd **** a nun in the ***, then burn down her orphanage, if that's what it took for me to win."

Jordan Stan:"OMFG! That's the greatest quote of all time. It just shows how ruthless Jordan was and how much he wanted to win. He's the GOAT and can say whatever he wants, hell he could actually do what he said and I'd be ok with it." :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:rolleyes:

Mentally_Pretty
06-28-2010, 08:52 AM
if Lebron and Kobe would have said half these things, you faccits would be having a field day saying they hate their teammates.

well.........we saw how that ended up.:roll:

Yung D-Will
06-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:

Brutal

OhNoTimNoSho
06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Wow the pussification of america is pathetic, oh waah jordan is a meany waah wahh, cmon I completely agree with what Jordan said and his whole attitude. You are a competitor and it is your job to compete if you aren't doing that then he would let you know about it. You didn't perform the way you should have? then you failed at your job and your boss will let you know about it. Except your boss doesn't have to be politically correct cus hes Jordan. Its sad how soft people are. Esp pro athletes nowadays.

Yung D-Will
06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Wow the pussification of america is pathetic, oh waah jordan is a meany waah wahh, cmon I completely agree with what Jordan said and his whole attitude. You are a competitor and it is your job to compete if you aren't doing that then he would let you know about it. You didn't perform the way you should have? then you failed at your job and your boss will let you know about it. Except your boss doesn't have to be politically correct cus hes Jordan. Its sad how soft people are. Esp pro athletes nowadays.
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/28/55a0d1a7-0fb3-4945-948f-cde0d303704b.jpg

beermonsteroo
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Mike = Goat trash talker:lol
But that's exactly the point. Jordan talked like this 'cause he wanted to agitate his teammates. But he always said those things with a little smile on his face and a portion of humor in his words. This only shows how much Jordan wanted to succede as a team, not an individual player. Jordan really wanted to win with his team, his "boys". What a great leader!
Kobe jsut bashed his teammates, daid he wanted to be traded and so on. Cuase Kobe only cares about his personal glory, not his teammates. That's another thing which separates Jordan from Kobe.
Fun

SCREWstonRockets
06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Anyone have the pdf for the jordan rules book?

zORi
06-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Mike = Goat trash talker:lol
But that's exactly the point. Jordan talked like this 'cause he wanted to agitate his teammates. But he always said those things with a little smile on his face and a portion of humor in his words. This only shows how much Jordan wanted to succede as a team, not an individual player. Jordan really wanted to win with his team, his "boys". What a great leader!
Kobe jsut bashed his teammates, daid he wanted to be traded and so on. Cuase Kobe only cares about his personal glory, not his teammates. That's another thing which separates Jordan from Kobe.
Fun

I hope you're joking.

Telling your teammates "You're shit and I don't know why you're in the NBA" isn't going to do anything but make your teammates resent you.

SCREWstonRockets
06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Someone should make a Kobe Rules book with his quotes in them. I'm sure they're as funny.

tontoz
06-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Anyone have the pdf for the jordan rules book?

Dont be so cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=jordan+rules&x=18&y=22

Harison
06-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Similar quote against Rodman, Bird was shouting to opponents coach: "Put someone on me, since nobody is defending me!" (with Rodman all over him :roll:)

OnceInADECADE
06-28-2010, 03:54 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/28/55a0d1a7-0fb3-4945-948f-cde0d303704b.jpg

LOL LOL MYSPACE GANGSTER:roll:

highwhey
06-28-2010, 04:12 PM
What a douche, reminds me of me(the arrogance and sarcasm). Hey, he had the talent, dude can clown on me all he wants if he makes my team win.

highwhey
06-28-2010, 04:13 PM

OWNED

greensborohill
06-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Got any more? These are funny!

BobCatsFanInTx
06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
NEWSFLASH: the NBA's GOAT was an arrogant prick.I absolutely hated MJ but doesn't being a prick many times come with being great? Not only was Michael Jordan great but he was the GOAT!!!

Because he went out on the court and walked the walk he felt he had the right to talk the talk. As it turned out all of MJ's arrogance and calling out of teammates probably helped propel the Bulls to all those titles. MJ was in essence an assistance coach. The Bulls teams not only adopted Phil Jackson's personality but MJ's as well. MJ was mentally tough and he had a killer extinct. The Bulls championship teams had the same mentality.

I can only imagine if MJ was playing today how he would attack and degrade this era's slackers. For years there seems to have been a mentality of slacking and a lack of self discipline among many players. When MJ played more often than not players took the game serious and defense was more of a focus. At least it seemed that way to me.

MJ now owns my Bobcats and even though I hate MJ's personally for his cocky arrogance I realize that his attitude and need to be the best could bring a title to Charlotte. Of coarse arrogant meddlesome owners have also proven to ruin good organizations. I guess as a fan it is a wait and see approach and a hope for the best.

I dislike MJ but I respect him as a competitor and a winner. One can't knock those things about MJ.

Johnni Gade
06-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Im too young to have watched him play, but I thought he was humble wtf...

browntown
06-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Oh were you wrong! One of the biggest jack asses out there. He mentally destroyed Kwame Brown.

asdf1990
06-28-2010, 06:49 PM

lol no superstar is humble, they are only humble when the camera is rolling.

Harison
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
lol no superstar is humble, they are only humble when the camera is rolling.
Hakeem and Duncan are quite humble, but the rest of Top10 All-time definitely not :oldlol: I'm not even sure Jordan is the biggest jack-ass, Shaq or Wilt could take the cake.

Jacks3
06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
lol @ these people dickriding MJ. "oMGZ HES SO COMPETIETIVE HE REALyz Wants to WINZ!!!!":roll: :roll: :roll:

asdf1990
06-28-2010, 07:42 PM
lol @ these people dickriding MJ. "oMGZ HES SO COMPETIETIVE HE REALyz Wants to WINZ!!!!":roll: :roll: :roll:

lol ur hero kobe is just as much oh an a hole as jordan.

Jacks3
06-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Too bad Kobe has nothing to do with this thread. Frigging MJ stans.:rolleyes:

Heilige
06-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Jordan with the great wit! :applause:

wat?

Jacks3
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
wat?
It was witty, but that wasn't excusing the fact that he was a acting like a lil *****.:lol

jstern
06-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Most of those sound like typical trash talk, and the others sound like serious Jordan. I guess some here are not really familiar with Jordan's personality, he was known as a serious trash talker, and someone who loved to fool around. I don't know if many of you here joke around and tease your friends.