PDA

View Full Version : Who's passed M. Tyson's Punch Out?

glidedrxlr22
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I did! Fighting Iron Mike had me on the edge of my seat. One bad move and it was lights out for me. Super Macho Man was a b!tch at times too.

Thorpesaurous
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone on here old enough to have cared at the time, and into it enough to be posting in a video game forum, didn't beat that game. It was hard as hell, but it was iconic. Everyone I know slaved over that game.

GOBB
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
One of the best feelings in the world to beat Mike. All it took was one punch to KO you. Then Super Mario comes out and "wonk wonk wonk TKO!". First time I faced him I didnt know what to expect. Some punches were lightning fast and dropped me. Others I tried to cover up/block and got dropped. Mistiming the punches until you discover the pattern. But the anxiety, adrenaline racing you needed to be patient and calm. Sometimes your nerves made you react too early or too late. I remember how me and my friend felt. We celebrated like we won a championship. My friend ran and told his mom, she came in the room lookin at us like we snorted a line. All i remember is my friend saying dont touch nothing, dont touch nothing for fear I press a button and it would bypass the ending.

:pimp:

bdreason
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I've beat it many times.

In College, we had a Nintendo set up on one our TV's in the living room. My roomates cousins used to stop by 2-3 times a week (we lived right by campus) and beat the game all the way through without losing. I was impressed every time.

gasolina
03-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Does state saving count?

I could never beat him when I was a kid

Replay32
04-02-2010, 02:54 AM
He was hard at first. But I eventually beat him. I got so good at that game when I was kid, I was able to take Mike out in the 2nd round. I actually miss that game. It was a classic.

gigantes
03-21-2015, 05:11 AM
hahaha

http://img.izismile.com/img/img8/20150320/640/the_geeky_people_who_make_cosplay_cool_640_42.jpg

DeuceWallaces
03-21-2015, 12:26 PM
I couldn't when I was a kid. Haven't tried since, but not sure I'd be any better.

Derka
03-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Once you had the pattern of his punches down, Mike was TKO-able in the first round if you were absolutely flawless. I only managed it a handful of times but I'll be damned if I didn't scream my ass off when it happened.

Levity
03-24-2015, 03:27 PM
My friend ran and told his mom, she came in the room lookin at us like we snorted a line.

:oldlol:

Straight_Ballin
04-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Shit son, was beating Tyson on here before people even knew there was a version of Punch Out that had mike Tyson and thought that the final guy in the game was "Mr. Dream"

What's comical is how all these grown men are buying these amiibo characters and selling them on ebay. I guess there's a lil mac character that is fetching like $100 on ebay and it retails for under $15. Probably being purchased by someone that's never even played the NES game. So pathetic.

So here's the pecking order when it's all said and done lol

someone who beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out on NES back in the 80's
someone who beat Mr. Dream in Punch Out on NES back in the 80's
someone who played Punch Out on NES back in the 80's
someone who's played punch out on NES
someone who's played punch out on SNES
someone who's played punch out on Wii