PDA

View Full Version : Is Manu the greatest white SG ever?

KG5MVP
04-03-2010, 03:03 AM
I think so.

blackification
04-03-2010, 03:04 AM
joke thread?

Bigsmoke
04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytJpZguSy2U

Manute for Ever!
04-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Why is it that in an era where we have access to unprecidented levels of information, people either disregard it, refuse to acknowlege it or are to lazy to reasearch it?!?
The NBA has been around longer than a few years, so who would you think was better; Manu or the guy they based the logo on?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B8_mQHuHLY8/SeZwbHinZUI/AAAAAAAAABA/E5JpOreN5vs/s320/west.gif

Brujesino
04-03-2010, 03:26 AM
1.Manu isnt white

2.No

04-03-2010, 03:32 AM
1.Manu isnt white

2.No

1....Ummm yes he is

2. No he isn't. Jerry West is.

GovernmentMan
04-03-2010, 03:35 AM
1.Manu isnt white

2.No

jesus christ the ignorance is astounding

scott0326
04-03-2010, 03:40 AM
No, its Michael Jordan IMO.

04-03-2010, 03:42 AM
No, its Michael Jordan IMO.

Well, if Manu isn't white, you can make a case that Jordan is so it works out pretty well.

Brujesino
04-03-2010, 03:43 AM
jesus christ the ignorance is astounding
:confusedshrug:

Clocian-IGN
04-03-2010, 03:43 AM
LOL at this entire thread. full of quotables.

GovernmentMan
04-03-2010, 03:53 AM

what, having trouble understanding something? of course you would

Brujesino
04-03-2010, 04:24 AM
what, having trouble understanding something? of course you would

godofgods
04-03-2010, 04:29 AM
He's 2nd greatest SG of all time. Nuff said.

Lebron23
04-03-2010, 05:13 AM
Jerry West

stephanieg
04-03-2010, 05:17 AM
1.Manu isnt white

I can't find a picture of his parents. Are either of them Mestizo? Because I know he has an Italian heritage. And unless we're still in 1890s America Italians are considered white. Manu, in particular, is lily white.

It's still funny to me that Team USA lost to a team that wouldn't look out of place from the '50s. (http://wallpapers5.com/images/wallpapers/64538895/Basketball/Argentina%20Basketball%20Players%20&%20Clubs/Argentina-Basketball-Olympic-Team-2008.jpg)

As for West comparisons, Manu is way more athletic and shoots a career 37% from 3, 86% from FT vs. career 83% for West. Manu in the '60s would put up nutty stats until his rice krispies ankle exploded and couldn't be repaired. Then people would say he wouldn't make the bench today.

I still take West though, just because the entire coming off the bench gimmick is just...bleh. West was the man on his teams, put up huge points on great efficiency (shooting like 50% when other guards were shooting like 39% is lolworthy), was the primary playmaker, and he had freaky long arms.

artificial
04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
This thread is stupid in so many ways I don't even know how to mock it.

Let's just leave it at "The OP is stupid beyond words, and he keeps proving it over and over again".

snipes12
04-03-2010, 09:14 AM
his not even close to petrovic!

Bandito
04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
1....Ummm yes he is

2. No he isn't. Jerry West is.

1. No he isn't, he's from Argentina. That means he's white latino:lol

2. True.

FCN
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
West
Maravich
Petro'
Bill Sharman

Manu might be 5th, but I'm sure I am forgetting a few others.

Rekindled
04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
ginobili is italian. therefore white...

Cangri
04-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh course Manu is white, just look at his skin.

ILLsmak
04-03-2010, 01:25 PM
haha 'white' is such a funny word. It's also funny how nobody wants to be 'white.'

But I can understand where they are coming from. I always thought of white as euro like French/English descent. I wouldn't call Manu white... 'white' people don't have noses like he does or look like he does.

To most people online, there are only a few races: black, mexican, and asian. They look and it's like the gears are grinding in their head... black? Hmm... No!... MExican? Naah. Must be white!

Brian Scalabrinie is white... I can't say Manu is any more white, by looking, than Jason Kidd.

If you want to say what I know you wanted to say, "NON BLACK" then just say it.

Smak

Poodle
04-03-2010, 01:48 PM
he could be talent wise. seriously manu has rare talent, its just a shame to me this didn't happen earlier where he got his own team, without the injuries. the talent is obvious and its on nash/mj levels of just wanting/trusting the ball in their hands every time. can't really say that about every superstar especially when their jumpers are off.

it kills his legacy that he played a 6th man and 3rd fiddle for most of his career. talentwise tho he's up there with the best that have played the game imo.

WhySoInsecure?
04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
[quote]Gin

crisoner
04-03-2010, 02:25 PM
1. No he isn't, he's from Argentina. That means he's white latino:lol

2. True.

OK...what does white really mean? European right?
He is from Argentina so more then likely Manu is mixed just like you can say Mexican people are mixed between Aztec's and Spanish. Would you call Mexican people white? I'm Filipino with plenty of Spanish blood in me matter of fact most Filipino's have Spanish blood does that make all Filipino's white?

I think people got to think twice before labeling what is what cause really you can't tell anymore.

crisoner
04-03-2010, 02:31 PM
haha 'white' is such a funny word. It's also funny how nobody wants to be 'white.'

But I can understand where they are coming from. I always thought of white as euro like French/English descent. I wouldn't call Manu white... 'white' people don't have noses like he does or look like he does.

To most people online, there are only a few races: black, mexican, and asian. They look and it's like the gears are grinding in their head... black? Hmm... No!... MExican? Naah. Must be white!

Brian Scalabrinie is white... I can't say Manu is any more white, by looking, than Jason Kidd.

If you want to say what I know you wanted to say, "NON BLACK" then just say it.

Smak

I'm mixed race part Irish and I'm proud to say I'm...Irish and Spanish.
The term "White" in a way has become a degrading word IMO. I grew up mostly around Filipinos, Mexicans, and Blacks and even though I was Filipino since I'm mixed they all called me Whiteboy. Not really to diss me to say but just because I look white. But after a while it kind of got on my nerves and I didn't want to be known as "A Whiteboy." I have no problem being called that now but when I was younger it pissed me off.

04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
He is from Argentina so more then likely Manu is mixed just like you can say Mexican people are mixed between Aztec's and Spanish. Would you call Mexican people white? I'm Filipino with plenty of Spanish blood in me matter of fact most Filipino's have Spanish blood does that make all Filipino's white?

I think people got to think twice before labeling what is what cause really you can't tell anymore.

Yes you can. Most Argentines are white. They're different in that respect than most of South America. They're least mixed out of all South American countries.
Manu looks 100 % Italian if you ask me.

Compare any Latino to Manu and you"ll notice the difference. It's obvious.

Samurai Swoosh
04-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I love when idiots confuse Nationality, Ethnicity, and Race.

Manu Ginobili is white.

phoenix18
04-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Manu Ginobili is white.

Which is why I always ask wtf is white? Its the most general term ever.

Half the world is white.:lol

lakerHater
04-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Manu Ginobili is white.

Correct!

Hes Italian, born in Bahia Blanca, Argentina playing in the United States!

Xsatyr
04-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I am a hispanic male and when I got arrested once, I was listed as caucasion. That is how it works.

Maniak
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Im white trash, beeyawtches

-Smak

Samurai Swoosh
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Which is why I always ask wtf is white? Its the most general term ever.

Half the world is white.:lol
Same thing with black ...

IMO there should only be classifications of Nationality and Ethnicity.

GovernmentMan
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM

You cannot be more wrong

Most Filipinos do not have Spanish blood. A very small percentage, 5% at most, have Spanish blood. You ever been to the Philippines dude? Take a look at the people and see if you can seriously say most of them have Spanish blood. it's pretty easy to see who has Spanish blood in the Philippines. Look at any celebrity program. Compare how many of the celebrities look versus how the audience looks

"Would you call Mexican people white?"

You act as if every Mexican person has the same exact lineage. I've see extremely white, blond blue-eyed Mexicans that wouldn't look out of place in some WASP country club.

crisoner
04-03-2010, 03:19 PM
You cannot be more wrong

Most Filipinos do not have Spanish blood. A very small percentage, 5% at most, have Spanish blood. You ever been to the Philippines dude? Take a look at the people and see if you can seriously say most of them have Spanish blood. it's pretty easy to see who has Spanish blood in the Philippines. Look at any celebrity program. Compare how many of the celebrities look versus how the audience looks

"Would you call Mexican people white?"

You act as if every Mexican person has the same exact lineage. I've see extremely white, blond blue-eyed Mexicans that wouldn't look out of place in some WASP country club.

Spain rules over the Philippines for 400 plus years...yes there are some Filipinos especially the ones on TV that look more "white" then other but there has been a whole lot of mingling the Spanish people did in 400 years so there are plenty of Filipinos with Spanish blood. Same with Mexicans.

My point is "white" is a term that is used to loosely to define a person race..culture etc. What exactly is white? You can say anybody is part..."white" now a days. And it is a shame now that calling somebody "white" can be use to degrade someone like calling someone a "whiteboy".

I could not be more...RIGHT.

quasimoto
04-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Lol at Manu not being white...Americans are sometimes too obsessed with race issues.

quasimoto
04-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I am a hispanic male and when I got arrested once, I was listed as caucasion. That is how it works.
It's also pretty funny that in the rest of the world a Caucasian person isn't considered 'white'.

stephanieg
04-03-2010, 03:25 PM
It's just a good thing Hedo isn't really the Jordan of Turkey, otherwise on every basketball forum there'd be 30 page trainwrecks of ignorant people with 200 year old ideas of race arguing whether he's white or not. e.g...

I always thought of white as euro like French/English descent. I wouldn't call Manu white... 'white' people don't have noses like he does or look like he does.

Are you from the 1850s? Eastern Europeans, Russians, Italians, Spaniards, Jews, Scandanavians, and the Irish are honorary white people now.

But forget Europe-Russia, or all the tanned whities on the periphery (thousands of years of gene transfer will do that). There are non-European "white" people to be had all over the Middle East, India, and the Near East.

White green eyed school girl? (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Girls_of_Kandahar_in_2009.jpg) Pashtun.

Check out these Miss Canada 2008 contestants/winners. (http://payvand.com/news/08/may/1029.html) They're all either from India or Iran.

This chap must be a British imperialist. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Majinnah6.jpg) Nah, he's a Sindhi, from Pakistan.

Are these kids white? (http://www.matthewleeming.com/images/blondred.jpg) Maybe poor Appalachian kids? Nope, Pashtun.

Persian. (http://ivmp.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/iranfash480b.jpg)

Hippie stoner? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tagore3.jpg) Bengali.

Jat people? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ethnic_Group-Jat_People.jpg) Indians.

White? (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Pashtun_girl_template.jpg) Back to Pashtun again.

Grandmother and grandson. (http://www.globalenvision.org/files/tajik%20woman%20and%20baby.jpg) Tajiks.

If there's ever a good basketball player from these regions I dunno if calling him white would be correct. Culturally, hell no. But they might look lily white. Because humans didn't suddenly turn ghostly once they crossed the Rhine.

If you ever want to freak a black American out show him pictures of non-Western Africans. Once he sees a green eyed red headed person with skin that's darker than his he'll be really confused.

Xsatyr
04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
It's also pretty funny that in the rest of the world a Caucasian person isn't considered 'white'.

And that means what in this thread? The different meanings of the word do not matter, we are not talking about if someone is from Caucasus.

phoenix18
04-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm white.

Horatio33
04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
you all ask if euro's are white surely it should be are american's white? as most white american's are desended from euro's.

BlueandGold
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I think so.

another retard of insidehoops makes another retard thread.

L.Kizzle
04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
West
Maravich
Petro'
Bill Sharman

Manu might be 5th, but I'm sure I am forgetting a few others.
LOL, you are. Paul Arizin, Westpaul, The Van Arsdale twins.

MHagen41
04-03-2010, 04:03 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f4Fo_GlfJs8/Soqr-1E5t8I/AAAAAAAACmA/su7fSpd38_s/s400/chase+budinger.jpg

GovernmentMan
04-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Spain rules over the Philippines for 400 plus years...yes there are some Filipinos especially the ones on TV that look more "white" then other but there has been a whole lot of mingling the Spanish people did in 400 years so there are plenty of Filipinos with Spanish blood. Same with Mexicans.

My point is "white" is a term that is used to loosely to define a person race..culture etc. What exactly is white? You can say anybody is part..."white" now a days. And it is a shame now that calling somebody "white" can be use to degrade someone like calling someone a "whiteboy".

I could not be more...RIGHT.

I don't know what you mean by "a whole lot" but the fact is that the majority of Filipinos do not have any Spanish blood. There wasn't that much mingling