PDA

View Full Version : Lebron warns he won't leave Cleveland without title

k-vil
04-03-2010, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]LeBron James made a statement on NBA TV that, taken literally, he would not leave the Cavaliers if they do not win the championship this June.

It is an ominous remark -- and doesn't bode well for the Knicks' chances to sign him as a free agent.

In an interview on NBA TV, James said,

CLE[216]
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
:banana: :cheers: :banana: :rockon: :applause: :bowdown: :pimp:

gyu
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Whatever he says is not credible after that slam dunk competition BS.

Plus, still waiting for him to sign that extension.

And Shaq said he would bring a ring to Phoenix, so they got 2 bsers

BlueandGold
04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
He also said he would participate in the dunk contest.

airchibundo507
04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
He's gonna be there awhile.

west
04-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Drama queen.

k-vil
04-03-2010, 04:05 PM
IMO he will also stay for a while in Cleveland especially if they will win it all this season. But another story though if they will collapse in the playoffs.

OmniStrife
04-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I think Stern would allow Bron to play both in NY and in Cleveland...
He'd sell double the shoes this way.

Any time it's NYK against CLE he'll play 1st half on the visitor's team and finish the game on the home team.
160+ games? No problem... for Nike's sake.
:cheers:

guy
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Well although like some have said, Lebron's word doesn't mean much since he's a BSer, I think this might put to rest one question: Is Lebron more likely to leave if the Cavs win or lose the championship this year? Maybe Cavs fans should actually hope they lose this year. LOL just kidding. I think he's staying regardless by the way. But based on these comments, if they do win, it would be easier for him to leave. Here's what I think will actually happen:

Since Cleveland's future doesn't look so bright and their window is not as wide as it would be if Lebron was playing somewhere like Chicago, because of the fact that many of Cleveland's key supporting cast players are so old (Shaq, Z, Jamison), he'll probably sign a three-year deal. I could see Lebron winning a title this year, then win another 1-2 titles in 2011 and/or 2012, and then leave in 2014 for a team with better pieces like Chicago. He'd still only be 29 by that point. Maybe thats just wishful thinking as a Bulls fans. He's too loyal to his hometown IMO plus Ferry who's been a great GM will probably retool the roster, making Lebron stay a Cav for life.

cotdt
04-03-2010, 04:25 PM
So if Cav's win this season, Lebron has accomplished his goal and leaving? What stupid words by Lebron

Hiei
04-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Nothing Lebron says will really mean much until he signs a new contract. I doubt he would stay in Cleveland simply for loyalty reasons, he already brought more to that city than they could have ever wished for. He will play for whatever team suits him best. ( And can pay him )

Rockets(T-mac)
04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
That's pretty stupid to say. If I win I'm might leave, but if I lose I won't leave. Makes no sense, and no will believe that if the Cavs lose in the finals or don't make the finals that Lebron will not look at other options.

CLE[216]
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
:oldlol: @ you idiots

Of course, LeBron never mentions "leaving" anywhere in the article, but the beloved NY Post (and the NY media, in general) has it in most of your heads that LeBron is constantly dropping clues as to who he wants to play for in the future.

HisAirness3
04-03-2010, 04:48 PM
That's a bit confusing. So should his teammates try or not try this post-season? If they try and they win it all, he's out and they won't ever see a title ever again? If they don't try and they don't win it all, Lebron stays and they can win a couple more titles with his new contract?

Lebron must have always admired Brett Favre growing up.

Meticode
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't care.

HeyMarkus
04-03-2010, 05:24 PM

He never said he'd be int he dunk contest.

He also said he would participate in the dunk contest.

No he didnt.

gyu
04-03-2010, 06:31 PM
He never said he'd be int he dunk contest.

No he didnt.
Yes he did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vmVc1UeZA

HeyMarkus
04-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes he did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vmVc1UeZA

ugh you posted the video and didnt even listen to it.

'Right now, im preliminary putting my name in the 2010 dunk contest'

Now its not great grammar.. but everyone knows what he meant. He never said 'I will be in the dunk contest'.

jrong
04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Maybe Cavs fans should actually hope they lose this year

If you take his words literally, that's exactly what they should hope. It sounds like he's saying winning a title in Cleveland would be "mission accomplished". So lose this year, re-sign him, and get between three and five more shots at it with him, depending on how long a deal he signs.

OneMoreSucka
04-04-2010, 12:10 AM
I hate the way this guy ****s with the media.

gts
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I hate the way this guy ****s with the media.
he's actually putting pressure on the cavs front office to pony up the big bucks when he opts out..

by saying that they'll look like the bad guys if he takes a better deal from someone else..

he'll point back to this statement and say "hey, i really wanted to stay, i even said so on nba tv, but the cavs front office just has a different plan for the future"

HeyMarkus
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
If you take his words literally, that's exactly what they should hope. It sounds like he's saying winning a title in Cleveland would be "mission accomplished". So lose this year, re-sign him, and get between three and five more shots at it with him, depending on how long a deal he signs.

It doesnt make sense to leave.

Between this and the number change.. im about 99.99% positive this man is not leaving.

HeyMarkus
04-04-2010, 12:20 AM
he's actually putting pressure on the cavs front office to pony up the big bucks.. by saying that they'll look like the bad guys if he takes a better deal from someone else..

he'll point back to this statement and say "hey, i really wanted to stay, i even said so on nba tv, but the cavs front office just has a different plan for the future"

The cavs can give him more money than any other team in the league (by rule) and they will.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-04-2010, 12:24 AM
The cavs can give him more money than any other team in the league (by rule) and they will.
False. NY can Max him out and he gets more endorsement. AND his team will have A LOT more salary cap to sign other big time players

gts
04-04-2010, 12:27 AM
i know that.... but will they is still an open question, i'm sure they will but you never know until the pen is put to the paper.

when he opts out everything changes, for a moment he is no longer a cav, and every team in the league that could never communicate with him or his people can have his ear for the first time, it's open season for every gm with a pocket full of cash to spend....

gts
04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
False. NY can Max him out and he gets more endorsement. AND his team will have A LOT more salary cap to sign other big time players
the cavs can offer him more money and and a longer contract.. christ learn the cba before you jump into a conversation...
as for endorsements, he's already locked up with the big ones..

CeoTypeDoe619
04-04-2010, 12:43 AM
the cavs can offer him more money and and a longer contract.. christ learn the cba before you jump into a conversation...
as for endorsements, he's already locked up with the big ones..
cba? :oldlol: :oldlol:

chazzy
04-04-2010, 12:45 AM

ummmmm

gts
04-04-2010, 12:50 AM
collective bargaining agreement..
the contract between the nba and the players association

i am in awe of your stupidity

HeyMarkus
04-04-2010, 02:11 AM
yeah ceo is the neighborhood idiot around here lately it seems.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-04-2010, 02:25 AM
collective bargaining agreement..
the contract between the nba and the players association

i am in awe of your stupidity
No sh*t dumb@ss. You read through the whole thing because your such a NBA HEAD? Man your a scrub just cuz you heard it on ESPN don't act like you know what your talking about scrub

HeyMarkus
04-04-2010, 02:26 AM
No sh*t dumb@ss. You read through the whole thing because your such a NBA HEAD? Man your a scrub just cuz you heard it on ESPN don't act like you know what your talking about scrub

yeah scrub, scrub, youre clueless scrub. scrub.

rfm767
04-04-2010, 02:53 AM
empty threats

gyu
04-04-2010, 03:29 AM
ugh you posted the video and didnt even listen to it.

'Right now, im preliminary putting my name in the 2010 dunk contest'

Now its not great grammar.. but everyone knows what he meant. He never said 'I will be in the dunk contest'.
What did he mean then? Reggie, Kenny, and all those guys thought he meant it listen to how excited they were.

riseagainst
07-09-2015, 03:11 PM

:eek:

bluechox2
07-09-2015, 03:26 PM
you know what this means, hes leaving again after the season