PDA

View Full Version : I want the Raptors to draft Bargnani!!!

brwnman
06-17-2006, 02:44 PM
After watching numerous clips/mixes of Bargnani I have come to a conclusion that the Raptors should most definately draft Bargnani... I know we don't have a problem in the scoring department, but I really believe he could be a future perennial All-Star... His jumpshot is silky smooth, he has amazing speed for a player his size (faster than Nowitzki) and he just seems to understand the game... he has gained weight in the past year, before he used to be faster but skinnier, but in the past year he has gained atleast 15-20 lbs. from what I have seen... his upper body is built... his defence, well I have not seen much to comment on that, but once he understands the NBA, I think he could be a very solid defensive player... I am currently thinking of drafting him and signing Pryzbilla, Stevenson/Ariza, Garbajosa (if he comes) and bringing over Roko Ukic... I think this would give us a solid off-season... I think in the long run, Bargnani can become our Center, he's no prime Shaq or Howard on defense but honestly, how many good C's are there? I think he can be a guy who gives us 1+ blks a game and plays defense as good as J. Collins... At this point I would use him as the first guy off the bench...

C: Pryzbilla/Bargnani/Sow
PF: Bosh/Bargnani/Bonner/Garbajosa/Humphries
SF:Charlie Villanueva/Joey Graham/Eric Williams
SG: Morris Peterson/(either Ariza or Stevenson)/Roko Ukic
PG: Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic/ Andre Barrett

cut Alvin for cap space... The only weakness I see is we still don't have a PG... but I think we can sign one like a Speedy Claxton or dare I say it, Mike James back??? That is the only position I am a little shaky about, the rest I am pretty confident that it will work out... Your Thoughts??? hate it or love it, I will support the drafting of Bargnani...

Dr.Funk
06-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I know Bargnani is ultra talented but this team has needs and he doesn't address any of them.

craigthomasb
06-18-2006, 05:00 PM
if the raps could trade #1 to boston for #7 and kendrick perkins it would be perfect for us

however if we draft bargnani that is probably what will happen (loaded up front, thin at the back)

i really do ot want bargnani

Dr.Funk
06-18-2006, 05:23 PM
This team needs defense. Rudy Gay is our man.

brwnman
06-18-2006, 05:26 PM
no-one read what I wrote, everyone just responded to the thread title...

DoubleTech
06-18-2006, 06:07 PM
i read what you wrote bman, and i gotta tell you...

WE WILL NOT SIGN JOEL PRZYBILLA!!!

the key to successful, deep teams is not to overspend on mediocre players.
joel is decent, but will command more $$$ than his production warrants. i'd rather play small ball with players who can do a bit of everything, than have 1 guy on the court who does nothing but rebound and block shots. joel will be looking for around 8-10 mill starting... thats 1/5th of our payroll... all for joel?

nahhhh... unless we can S&T somehow, we gotta stay away from giving large amounts of cash to an average bigman.

as for bargnani... yea, he looks good, has the body, has the size, has the skills, and has played serious minutes in a serious league in europe... i wouldn't mind drafting this guy.

Fatal9
06-18-2006, 08:32 PM
You shouldn't form such a strong opinion after just watching mixes. I could make X player look like a legend by compiling their best highlights. I don't know, I just don't want us to take a risk like this and waste a valuable #1. I'd rather take a safer pick in Alridge.

ice4000
06-18-2006, 08:39 PM
I agree with you. If they could trade down to number three and get someone (knight?) as well that would be great.

I think the Raptors have a few good options - draft a player with star potential at #1 - Aldridge, Bargnani, or Gay, draft down and get one of those guys plus someone else, or trade away the pick for someone (Gasol?). As long as they don't draft Morrison - which I am pretty sure they won't - I will be happy. The Raptors play horrible D so the last thing they need is Morrison - a guy who will get 15 - 18 ppg who plays no defense. If they wanted that they could keep James. There are a lot of guys in the league who can average 15ppg and play no defense - using a #1 pick on one would be a big mistake.

SirPresident
06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
The more i see/hear about him the more i want him, that said i would still rather have Gay.

brwnman
06-18-2006, 08:53 PM
You shouldn't form such a strong opinion after just watching mixes. I could make X player look like a legend by compiling their best highlights. I don't know, I just don't want us to take a risk like this and waste a valuable #1. I'd rather take a safer pick in Alridge.

Well I know what you mean... but think about it this way, in the mixes, offensely the guy has no problem, its his defense that needs work, which seeing his speed and skill set, he should be able to adapt...

Pistol Pete
06-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Well I know what you mean... but think about it this way, in the mixes, offensely the guy has no problem, its his defense that needs work, which seeing his speed and skill set, he should be able to adapt...

Speed and Skill does not make a good defender, otherwise Joey Graham would be looking like the next Ron Artest. It takes much more then athleticism to play great defense, you have to be always aware, you have to communicate, you have to know how to do it, just because you can run fast and jump high does not mean you can become a good defender.

Now, that doesn't mean Andrea Bargnani cannot become a good defender, simply put, I hope you don't base everything the kid can do off a few highlight tapes off youtube. It will take watching many full games to decide whether or not he can become a good defender.

As for the pick, his potential talent is amazing, I'm not sure he fills the need.

DoubleTech
06-19-2006, 02:01 AM
As for the pick, his potential talent is amazing, I'm not sure he fills the need.

our needs may change in the new NBA. with offensive teams leading the way, toronto could be a major force. if we can somehow pick up a PG, as well as drafting bargnani, that would essentially eliminate both holes. bosh, villa, bargnani... 3 headed monster on offense, three 6'11+ guys on defense. toronto could live with that. :banana:

i seen hippos
06-19-2006, 02:02 AM
if we could get przy and bargs then i'd do it right away.

that would be the ultimate frontcourt.

brwnman
06-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Speed and Skill does not make a good defender, otherwise Joey Graham would be looking like the next Ron Artest. It takes much more then athleticism to play great defense, you have to be always aware, you have to communicate, you have to know how to do it, just because you can run fast and jump high does not mean you can become a good defender.

Now, that doesn't mean Andrea Bargnani cannot become a good defender, simply put, I hope you don't base everything the kid can do off a few highlight tapes off youtube. It will take watching many full games to decide whether or not he can become a good defender.

Very true, but about Joey Graham, he ain't really that fast, and decent athleticism, nothing over the top... the only reason he got hyped about it was the draft workouts, but he ain't that good...

As I said, that I don't expect Bargnani to become a good defender right away, but to me he has a good chance too... just look at Dirk Nowitzki... when he came into the league, he struggled defensively... and even when he was a star offensively, he still struggled... but because of his desire and Avery Johnson, the guy has become a solid defender... nothing to write home about, but still a solid defender...

I do expect Bargnani to fill out more and eventually play Center for us in maybe like 3-4 years...

Pistol Pete
06-19-2006, 12:40 PM
our needs may change in the new NBA. with offensive teams leading the way, toronto could be a major force. if we can somehow pick up a PG, as well as drafting bargnani, that would essentially eliminate both holes. bosh, villa, bargnani... 3 headed monster on offense, three 6'11+ guys on defense. toronto could live with that. :banana:

I don't really believe that offensive teams are leading the way, only one true offensive team is even sniffing at success and that's the Phoenix Suns, whom also have the best point guard in the world. Every other team that went deep in the playoffs - Dallas, Miami, Detroit, San Antonio - They all play solid defense and are able to lock down opponents for stretches of time.

By drafting Bargnani, I believe that you get a three headed monster in two ways. Offensively, the trio is as good as they come, when they develop together, assuming Bargnani is the real deal, they present so many matchup problems, it would give other teams fits. Toronto would clearly be a huge offensive weapon.

However, another monster, is the defense. Currently we struggle guarding not only opposing centers, but also their power forwards. Now, adding Bargnani does not help this matter, he, from all that has been described, which I know you cannot trust that solely, is another soft big man comparable to someone like Bosh. I think we would have major troubles defending the opposition, and it would take a serious offensive effort to win every night. If that eventually did happen, like we've seen in these playoffs, that the defense will eventually win out.

I am not going to say I'm an expert, because I'm clearly not, but personally I would rather for the convential pick in LaMarcus Aldridge, he won the defensive player of the year for his respective conference. He has the ability to play center just like Bargnani does, he also wants to play in Toronto and is good friends with our best player Chris Bosh. He warrants the pick, and is a great fit. A frontline of Villaneuva, Bosh and Aldridge is just as good, if not a better fit for Toronto for the next 10 years.

Anyways, would love to get some input on my thoughts, so feel free to criticize, always up for some lively discussion.

DoubleTech
06-19-2006, 12:59 PM
i'm not so sure about aldridge playing the 5 for us anymore.

he's only 6'10, 235 lbs, compared to bargnani's 7'1, 250 lbs.

i agree with you that the raps would have problems guarding the other pf's and c's in the league... but very few teams have more than one legit option in the post. toronto needs to defend like the suns, which is to rotate quickly on the perimeter, and do your best in the paint by getting good position, keeping your hands up and not fouling, while getting help defense when necessary. the difference between phoenix and toronto is that our post players won't have an average height of 6'7... instead, our 3 headed monster will average out to 6'11. all 3 of bargnani, bosh and villa have decent shot blocking abilities, so that kind of size down low at 3 positions will cause fits.

i agree though that aldridge would be the safer pick. but i wonder if he has the potential to warrant a #1 selection.

Pistol Pete
06-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I think that LaMarcus Aldridge can still play the center position, just as much as Andrea Bargnani can, I think both will truly struggle a little bit with it, I'm not sure the extra 2 inches Bargnani has helps him at all.

I don't think the Suns really defend that well at all, so I won't even touch that subject, but I tend to agree that the sheer length of the Raptors will help them defend.

I still lean towards taking LaMarcus Aldridge #1 overall, though it doesn't matter much to me as long as Colangelo likes who he picks.

Qwyjibo
06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
i agree though that aldridge would be the safer pick. but i wonder if he has the potential to warrant a #1 selection.

My thoughts exactly.

I like Aldridge, I liked what I saw whenever I watched a Texas game (other than the LSU one in the NCAA's) but if the management feels like Bargnani has a higher ceiling then I'm all for that.

Any possible extra attention and marketing from having the first Italian guy in the NBA is a nice plus too.

Pistol Pete
06-19-2006, 01:52 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I like Aldridge, I liked what I saw whenever I watched a Texas game (other than the LSU one in the NCAA's) but if the management feels like Bargnani has a higher ceiling then I'm all for that.

Any possible extra attention and marketing from having the first Italian guy in the NBA is a nice plus too.

After all this discussion, we're going to be shocked when we're all waiting on draft night and we hear:

With the 1st pick in the 2006 NBA Entry Draft, the Toronto Raptors Select.. Tyrus Thomas, PF, LSU.

:wtf: (I'm normally not a fan of emoticons but it fits so well.)

It's merely a joke, if we pick Tyrus, I will die. But seriously, I don't mind either Aldridge or Bargnani, it really depends on whom Colangelo likes, and none of us know what he wants.

Qwyjibo
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Tyrus Thomas would definetly be shocking since there has been ZERO buzz about him at #1. Usually you hear snippets about everyone but I can't recall one instance where someone rumoured him at 1st overall.

Tyrus comes off as a bit of a punk and I just don't like his game all that much although recent reports are that his mid-range shot is improving which would be a big plus to his game.

I'm still hoping for Bargnani, Aldridge or Gay.

the next
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Why is everyone so high on Pryzbilla. The guy may be a great defender against the likes of a Shaq or Yao but 78 games out of 82 he is going to hurt us with his lack of speed and inability to keep up with the back and forth tempo that BC wants to impose on this team. That's assuming he even lasts 82 without landing on the injured reserve.

Personally I'd like to see us make an offer to RFA Chris Wilcox. I think he'd be great in the center position for the Raps and Lord knows he can fly up and down with the rest of that team. Plus I heard Seattle was interested in Mike James so there might be a S&T possibility there.

the next
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
My last comment should probably have been a new thread.... rookie mistake.:hammerhead:

Zalendar
06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Tyrus Thomas was rumoured at #1 before the Raps won the lottery.

Pistol Pete
06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Tyrus Thomas was rumoured at #1 before the Raps won the lottery.

I recall, I also believe that just had to do with the hype of his impressive NCAA Tournament, now that the tournament hype has died off a bit, he seems to have fallen back in status. For a couple days though, he was a sure lock for the #1 pick according to the mock drafts, obviously because of his exciting play and defensive abilties in the tournament.

HalphbreedBaller
06-19-2006, 04:04 PM
We should draft Bargnani!!!
we should set up to trade down....
and get veteran help plus another first round pick...from portland

2nd option would have to be Gay.....ive seen the highlights for all the top 6 draft players...and Bargnani and Gay look the most exciting and both have alote more potential than the other 4 top prospects...Bargnani has a rediculouse jump shot looks smoother than Dirk....plus he can block shots...
Gay can dunk the hell out of a ball and makes freakish plays...a la Lebron James type plays....

craigthomasb
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
says on real gm that tyrus thomas has cancelled his portland audition as he has a top 3 promise and its meant to be chicago (but to be honest i cant see any top 5 team wanting him as i think there are better fits avliable, however im not a nba scout)

word is that the 2 deals for the #1 pick going around are

#1 and alvin williams for #3 - on real gm

or

#1 for #4 and any portland player except jack and webster - chad ford insider

what would you rather have

the cap space from alvin williams trade or have a young talneted PG like sebastian telfair?

HalphbreedBaller
06-19-2006, 06:06 PM
C: WILCOX/Bargnani/Sow
PG: Luke Ridnour /Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic

Sign and Trade Mike James and Matt Bonner & a second rounder to Seattle for Chris wilcox and Luke Ridnour.

craigthomasb
06-19-2006, 06:27 PM
C: WILCOX/Bargnani/Sow
PG: Luke Ridnour /Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic

Sign and Trade Mike James and Matt Bonner & a second rounder to Seattle for Chris wilcox and Luke Ridnour.

yer sure it looks nice but your implying mike james has some worth to anybody. the trade is way to lob sided to go down

Zalendar
06-19-2006, 06:28 PM
says on real gm that tyrus thomas has cancelled his portland audition as he has a top 3 promise and its meant to be chicago (but to be honest i cant see any top 5 team wanting him as i think there are better fits avliable, however im not a nba scout)

word is that the 2 deals for the #1 pick going around are

#1 and alvin williams for #3 - on real gm

or

#1 for #4 and any portland player except jack and webster - chad ford insider

what would you rather have

the cap space from alvin williams trade or have a young talneted PG like sebastian telfair?

Interesting. I've heard that Chicago has a lot of interest in Thomas. It is interesting that they have given him a promise, though, it could be so that Portland wouldn't get a workout with him since they could be worried that Portland could be trying to trade up to the #1 pick and could take Thomas since they could use a good PF.

Interesting stuff.

If Thomas has a promise at number 2. I would for sure trade the #1 down to #3. Though, I'm not sure if the Bobcats would do that unless they wanted Thomas, which is unlikely since they are prob targeting Morrison, Gay or Roy.

SirPresident
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I would not mind moving down to #4 and getting Telfair.

Pistol Pete
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
If Thomas has a promise at number 2. I would for sure trade the #1 down to #3. Though, I'm not sure if the Bobcats would do that unless they wanted Thomas, which is unlikely since they are prob targeting Morrison, Gay or Roy.

Tyrus Thomas' Top 3 Promise isn't necessarily from Chicago, it very well could be a promise from Toronto, though it's doubtful. The Portland Trailblazers are attempting to move up to #1 because they have strong interest in Adam Morrison. Therefore, if the Bobcats want Morrison, they may need to go to #1to get him. However, there is talks that since Michael Jordan is now part owner of Charlotte, that he makes all final decisions on players, and that he would like Brandon Roy.

Zalendar
06-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I really doubt that the Raps would give a promise to Thomas without even having worked him out.

DoubleTech
06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
i don't think very highly of telfair at all... im rather suprised that the only two players that are untouchable on the portland roster are jack and webster. but when i look again at their roster... it kinda makes sense... they SUCK.

i agree with pistol pete that tyrus thomas would be the WORST #1 overall selection for the raps... WORST!

bargnani, aldridge, gay, morrison... i could live with all 4 if colangelo thought one of them was above the others... but ty thomas? :no:

also, halphbreed... james and bonner for ridnour and wilcox? you've gone mad, man. they would never pull a trade like that, i don't care how enamoured they are with james.

wilcox had some great games with seattle and is a RFA... he's not going anywhere.

420 All-Star
06-20-2006, 03:23 AM
Why is everyone so high on Pryzbilla. The guy may be a great defender against the likes of a Shaq or Yao but 78 games out of 82 he is going to hurt us with his lack of speed and inability to keep up with the back and forth tempo that BC wants to impose on this team. That's assuming he even lasts 82 without landing on the injured reserve.

Personally I'd like to see us make an offer to RFA Chris Wilcox. I think he'd be great in the center position for the Raps and Lord knows he can fly up and down with the rest of that team. Plus I heard Seattle was interested in Mike James so there might be a S&T possibility there.

we are high on Pryzbilla coz he rebs and blks.
2 things raptors are horrible at.

i am not so sure wilcox is gonna be that great playing center.
he's a natural PF and he would be undersized as a C.

bonez26
06-20-2006, 12:18 PM
but about Joey Graham, he ain't really that fast

he was second fastest (to Chris Paul) and number one overall at last years predraft combine.. He's definitely a good athelete just needs to learn how to play the game

Qwyjibo
06-20-2006, 12:31 PM

:banana:

T-Low
06-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Well I think whoever said that Tyrus Thomas is a bad pick has another thing coming. Tyrus Thomas, Andrea Bargnani, Lamarcus Aldridge or Rudy Gay will be our pick. I was readin Gay and Thomas's profiles on the Raptors Draft page Scout report and they are both freaks when it comes to blcoking and dunking and they aren't afraid to get banged around. With that, why wouldn't we want someone that has a long arm span and that likes to get in there.

How tall is Bargnani actually? NBA says 6'10" but other pages say 7'1"....so?

Lamarcus Aldridge would be a great pick for the reasons we need a center. But a lot of people need to realize that not a lot of people can be a great center these days. They come along about every once every 3 years. Maybe more. But Aldridge has a good scouting report BUT as other people have said, these are hilites. not actual game footage.

Bargnani has height, great blocking, and a nice outside shot. But he needs more weight, more actual knowledge of the NBA game, and he also needs a little more crashing the boards type style. He might be tall, but that don't make him a big rebounder.

That is my view on it. Criticism I love, so if you wanna tell me something you find wrong with what i said, go ahead....

craigthomasb
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
im 90% sure the rpas need to trade picks with portland so we can sang aldridge at #4 and get something else in return (telfair couple of draft picks what ever)

if portland pick 1st they WILL go with morrison

chicago reportadly have a promise for thomas

the bobcats really like gay and they have no need for aldirdge having drafted may and okafor

aldridge falls nicely to us

however i do really like rudy gay aswell

Zalendar
06-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bobcats drafted Roy at 3.

I think that trading down to the 4th or 6th spot (assuming that the Hawks are drafting Sheldon Williams like it is rumoured) could work really well for the Raps.

Unless their interested in Bargnani and Aldridge is like a smoke screen and they want Roy or something instead.

Raptorballfan
06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I think we all have to remember that we're drafting a ROOKIE. That means that he's not going to fill the need immediately. Whether we draft Bargnani, Aldridge, Thomas, or anybody else, we have to remember, especially if we draft a big man, that they are going to take time to develop.

Personally I'm a fan of drafting Bargnani. I think that when you are a rookie you have to learn to do what the coach needs you to do, and that may take a couple of years. I wouldn't say that Aldridge is the safe choice at all. If Aldridge is a prototypical Center, and Bargnani isn't. I'd still rather take Bargnani.

Keep in mind big men take time to develop. If we have Bargnani, he's going to have to put on some size and learn to bang in the NBA. But that's true of any Center that we get as a rookie. There aren't many centres that were drafted into the NBA and didn't need to put on size and learn how to bang. If I'm going to teach a rookie to do the dirty work and be patient while he adds some muscle, I'm taking the guy who has the athleticism and the outside shot over the guy that isn't going to be more than a banger and an inside player.

Just because Bargnani has an outside game shouldn't exclude him from being an inside player in the NBA.

Imagine the Raps on a fast break with Araujo, the guy could be wide open for a mid range jumper but the defense wouldn't have to respect it. Now imagine the same fast break with Bargnani running the floor. If he's open for a midrange shot, or an outside shot, the defense will have to respect that, which pulls the opposing Center away from the basket, leaving Bosh underneath with one less defender/rebounder. It's NEVER a bad thing to have a center with a shooting touch, you just have to make sure that you use that shooting skill wisely.

If we draft Bargnani, he'll need to learn to bang and play the inside game, but his shooting touch will force the defenders that used to stay inside to have to go outside to contest the shot. If the opposing center is not in position for the rebound, that will help Toronto's rebounding, and if he's not in the paint to contest shots, that will help Chris Bosh's game.

We've got to look at the entire picture.

ChinaMan
06-20-2006, 09:29 PM
BARGANI IS GOING TO BE A FLOP!!!
IMO Aldridge
Thomas
Gay
Morrison
Carney
b4 Bargani
And the signing of trevor ariza wud be good, but then thered be too many SFs

hehehaha
06-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Picking Bargani does worry me but the potential of him being the next-gen bigman is very intriguing.

After that interview from Thomas and his attitude problems i'm glad toronto didn't invite him to workout, no way i'd want that type of attitude on my team

brwnman
06-20-2006, 11:12 PM
ChinaMan

hahhahaha... nice Cliff...

bokes15
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
if the raps could trade #1 to boston for #7 and kendrick perkins it would be perfect for us

however if we draft bargnani that is probably what will happen (loaded up front, thin at the back)

i really do ot want bargnani
WOW, so just imagine if he had gotten Perkins and lets say Rudy Gay instead of Bargs. :applause: :oldlol:

edit: after re-reading this whole thread I honestly can't believe brwnman was saying these things. you were so wrong man, hahaha. hate to say it.

Qwyjibo
01-22-2012, 02:23 PM
It's funny how a lot of us were so right about Rudy Gay. What in the hell caused those few teams to pass on him?

I remember the only players I was interested in at #1 were Gay, Aldridge and Bargnani.

Himan12
01-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Time sure does fly...

Chamberlain
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
:oldlol: @ trading down to #4 to pick Telfair

:applause:

brwnman
01-22-2012, 06:23 PM
WOW, so just imagine if he had gotten Perkins and lets say Rudy Gay instead of Bargs. :applause: :oldlol:

edit: after re-reading this whole thread I honestly can't believe brwnman was saying these things. you were so wrong man, hahaha. hate to say it.
Lol, where's my other thread/posts that I made to draft Rudy Gay! C'mon, at least be fair...

Tool
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I know Bargnani is ultra talented but this team has needs and he doesn't address any of them.

Well, we alll know this team doesn't draft based on needs. Great draft pick! If we could go back in time, I'd still draft the great Il Mago 1st overall and change the face of the franchise forever! I wish Ukic turned into a decent point guard and by decent I mean at least a quality backup. I'd prefer that over the pg situation currently.

brwnman
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Well, we alll know this team doesn't draft based on needs. Great draft pick! If we could go back in time, I'd still draft the great Il Mago 1st overall and change the face of the franchise forever! I wish Ukic turned into a decent point guard and by decent I mean at least a quality backup. I'd prefer that over the pg situation currently.

Ukic really disappointed me. I really thought he could be a good PG in the league...

bokes15
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Lol, where's my other thread/posts that I made to draft Rudy Gay! C'mon, at least be fair...
:oldlol: Sorry bro, I came around during the mid-season point of the first Bargnani season so I wasn't around when this thread was made. So I was just browsing some threads to see what the general consensus was at the time when the draft was coming up and this happened to be the one I found.

T-Low
01-22-2012, 07:57 PM
I was against it then, and I am STILL against it now....Now lets trade Bargnani while his value is high and go on with our lives...

Toni
01-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Ukic really disappointed me. I really thought he could be a good PG in the league...

After watching Ukic playing in Split, I thought he had so much potential. I remember him being ranked as high as a top 5 PG in that draft and fell to the second round for whatever reason. I was ecstatic when we drafted him (I'm Croatian and used to be a huge fan).. but it just didn't pan out. He's doing alright with Fenerbahce but nothing special.

bluerap
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
After watching Ukic playing in Split, I thought he had so much potential. I remember him being ranked as high as a top 5 PG in that draft and fell to the second round for whatever reason. I was ecstatic when we drafted him (I'm Croatian and used to be a huge fan).. but it just didn't pan out. He's doing alright with Fenerbahce but nothing special.

I think he fell to the second round because everyone new he was crap but the raps hyped him to make the organization look good.

bluerap
01-22-2012, 09:26 PM

Is this sarcasm?
What did he change the face of the franchise to?

One of the worst in the league.

lilbeastnani
01-22-2012, 11:14 PM
My thoughts exactly.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 3 things about this.

1. There was actually a time when Q didn't hate Bargs? :applause:
2. There was actually a time when Q didn't hate Bargs? :wtf:
3. There was actually a time when Q didn't hate Bargs? :confusedshrug:

bluerap
01-22-2012, 11:23 PM
yeah, before he ever got to see him play.

bada bing
01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 3 things about this.

1. There was actually a time when Q didn't hate Bargs? :applause:
2. There was actually a time when Q didn't hate Bargs? :wtf:
3. There was actually a time when Q didn't hate Bargs? :confusedshrug:

i think you should go back and read Q's post. He said if management feels......

we were all too naive to have faith in management.

bluerap
01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
this was back when we all thought bc was the saviour.

Chamberlain
01-23-2012, 01:24 PM

I remember the ending of every argument was "IN BC WE TRUST!" :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

raptorfan_dr07
02-04-2012, 03:16 AM

I can't lie, I thought he was going to great things for this franchise lol.

Tool
02-04-2012, 03:27 AM
I can't lie, I thought he was going to great things for this franchise lol.

He still has time!! COME on believe. He'll have Val to play with next year, all we need is a point guard.....lol