PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan to return for the 2012/2013 season?

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Apparently there are some rumors going on in Charlotte that MJ is actually planning to return for the 2012/2013 season. During this season Michael will turn 50 and it is said that Mike wants make a statement that age is not an obstacle anywhere in live. Therefore choosing the season in which he turns 50 would fit just perfectly. Furthermore this would make sense as the team could be built up the next two years so that in 12/13 they could have a real shot for going deep in the playofffs with MJ.
It is said that Jordans knee is know fully recovered and in a way better shape then it was in his Wizards years. As people in Charlotte claim Mike will work out hard for the next two years and is eager two return two the court in a better shape then he did in 2002.
What do you think? Is this just some smack talk or could there be some truth in those rumors. Somehow it sounds believable to mo on the other hand it just sounds to good to be true.
However with his knee fully recovered i am sure Mike would be at least as good as in 2003. Age is not a factor this days any more.

SAKOTXA
04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Heart Attack

/Thread

Apocalyptic0n3
04-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Let's hope Henderson is still with the team so that he doesn't get lit up.

Harison
04-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I could see him playing for the charity event, vets match, etc., but not competitive basketball 82 games + playoffs per year. As much as I respect MJ, I dont think its happening.

plowking
04-06-2010, 08:04 AM
He'd be the biggest liability on defense and he wouldn't be able to score 5 points a game.

Lebron23
04-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Wade vs. Jordan
Durant vs. Jordan
LeBron vs. Jordan
Kobe vs. Jordan
Roy vs. Jordan
Evans vs. Jordan
Mayo vs. Jordan

NBA Live 2010/ NBA 2k10

Rocker09
04-06-2010, 08:07 AM
LOL not happening...everyone(including jordan) has a limit...

Phenith
Wasn't their some issue with him being a part of managment and a player as the Wizards? Can he be owner and player at the same time?

Harison
He'd be the biggest liability on defense and he wouldn't be able to score 5 points a game.
He would be torched in the defense (maybe less than Nash, but its not the point :oldlol:), but if you leave him open in the offense, his shots are still the money, as seen from numerous videos in the last couple of years. Even with defender in his face, MJ fadeaway is silky smooth as always, just he cant jump high anymore.

SAKOTXA
04-06-2010, 08:13 AM
He would be torched in the defense (maybe less than Nash, but its not the point :oldlol:), but if you leave him open in the offense, his shots are still the money, as seen from numerous videos in the last couple of years. Even with defender in his face, MJ fadeaway is silky smooth as always, just he cant jump high anymore.

He will get his fade away shots thrown back at his face, there is no way he can still jump.

-Husker-
04-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Jordan is no deity. He can't defy age, and if he comes back at age 50 the younger guys will embarass him.

Harison
04-06-2010, 08:18 AM
He will get his fade away shots thrown back at his face, there is no way he can still jump.
Bird couldnt jump either, it didnt affected him much. As long as MJ is free or creates space (which he is/was master of), his shot is reliable and I would take him over most current 35+ years old bench players.

Cermet
04-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Apparently there are some rumors going on in Charlotte that MJ is actually planning to return for the 2012/2013 season. During this season Michael will turn 50 and it is said that Mike wants make a statement that age is not an obstacle anywhere in live. Therefore choosing the season in which he turns 50 would fit just perfectly. Furthermore this would make sense as the team could be built up the next two years so that in 12/13 they could have a real shot for going deep in the playofffs with MJ.
It is said that Jordans knee is know fully recovered and in a way better shape then it was in his Wizards years. As people in Charlotte claim Mike will work out hard for the next two years and is eager two return two the court in a better shape then he did in 2002.
What do you think? Is this just some smack talk or could there be some truth in those rumors. Somehow it sounds believable to mo on the other hand it just sounds to good to be true.
However with his knee fully recovered i am sure Mike would be at least as good as in 2003. Age is not a factor this days any more.

This is science fiction... I dont know if you made this up or somebody else made this up but you people need to go to doctor or something...

EricForman
04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
i like how everyone is taking this ridiculous fantasy scenario to bash MJ "HE'LL GET EMBARASSED!" "He'll get destroyed and owned and swatted!!!" "He wouldn't be able to score 5 points!" as if it means anything. i mean, wouldnt any 50 year old be torched? so what's the use of these statements?

and they're all people with Laker logo in their avatars :oldlol:

TennesseeFan
04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
LOL this is a joke even if it is real.

plowking
04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
i like how everyone is taking this ridiculous fantasy scenario to bash MJ "HE'LL GET EMBARASSED!" "He'll get destroyed and owned and swatted!!!" "He wouldn't be able to score 5 points!" as if it means anything. i mean, wouldnt any 50 year old be torched? so what's the use of these statements?

Yes, but not all of them actually think they're better than most the players today.

And Harrison, Bird got some lift on his jumpshot in his prime, plus he was taller than MJ and not to mention a different player. Jordan wouldn't be doing sh!t in the league.

ronnymac
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM

Stop lying and making things up.

ShaqAttack3234
04-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Jordan could still score in the NBA I'm sure with his size at the 2 guard position and fadeaway/mid-range jumper. I mean he averaged 20/6/4 on 45% shooting in 2003.

EricForman
04-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes, but not all of them actually think they're better than most the players today.

And Harrison, Bird got some lift on his jumpshot in his prime, plus he was taller than MJ and not to mention a different player. Jordan wouldn't be doing sh!t in the league.

even if what you're arguing--that 50 year old Jordan is worse than 50 year old Bird or other 50 year old NBA players--is true, what does that prove or say? does it take away from what Jordan did in 97? 87? and Jordan thinking he can compete is just part of his personality. Just like 60 year old Wilt was sitting at home criticizing everyone and probably thinking he would drop 100 in any era against anyone. Great players have egos and don't just suddenly back down because they age. I bet you during any practice you'll hear former-players-turned-assistant-coach talk a little smack to current players. When Kobe reaches say, age 39, he wouldn't suddenly think some 21 year old rook would whup his ass. When Lebron's 55 he wouldn't admit that a 17 year old high school junior could beat him one on one. that's just how men are. we all have pride.

you just hate the man, don't you? i've seen you jump into any jordan thread and call him an as*hole or lowlife or something of that ilk.

all the replies on here reeks of immaturity. talking about how jordan would get swatted now or embarassed doesn't say or prove anything of value. it's just an immature way for immature people to get in some cheap shots. it's like me saying Kwame Brown could drop 50 on Kareem today if they played head to head and then throw in a bunch of smiley emoticons. :confusedshrug:

plowking
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
even if what you're arguing--that 50 year old Jordan is worse than 50 year old Bird or other 50 year old NBA players--what does that prove or say? does it take away from what Jordan did in 97? 87? and Jordan thinking he can compete is just part of his personality. Just like 60 year old Wilt was sitting at home criticizing everyone and probably thinking he would drop 100 in any era against anyone. Great players have egos and they always think they can conquer any challenges.

you just hate the man, don't you? i've seen you jump into any jordan thread and call him an as*hole or lowlife or something of that ilk.

all the replies on here reeks of immaturity. talking about how jordan would get swatted now or embarassed doesn't say or prove anything of value. it's just an immature way for immature people to get in some cheap shots. it's like me saying Kwame Brown could drop 50 on Kareem today if they played head to head. :confusedshrug:

I've called Jordan an ass before, because he simply is. Though I've stayed and argued in many Jordan hate threads that he is clearly the undisputed greatest ever with knobs such as Roundball and Fatal.

Where did I say anything about Jordan's other accomplishments? What the f*ck are you honestly talking about?

plowking
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Jordan could still score in the NBA I'm sure with his size at the 2 guard position and fadeaway/mid-range jumper. I mean he averaged 20/6/4 on 45% shooting in 2003.

Yeah he'd score about 5 ppg on 35% shooting.

TennesseeFan
04-06-2010, 08:39 AM

The guys is 50 ****ing years old!

phoenix18
04-06-2010, 08:43 AM

Exactly.:lol

EricForman
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM

I've called Jordan an ass before, because he simply is. Though I've stayed and argued in many Jordan hate threads that he is clearly the undisputed greatest ever with knobs such as Roundball and Fatal.

Where did I say anything about Jordan's other accomplishments? What the f*ck are you honestly talking about?

that the replies in the first page are mostly silly immature replies meant to take cheap shots. all over something jordan didnt even say and based on one posters lies? its pointless. why dont i start a thread about hakeem teaching people footwork and then talk about how Al Jefferson would run circles around Hakeem in the post and drop 40 on him? :confusedshrug:

i just thought it was funny most of these replies had laker avartars.

ShaqAttack3234
04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah he'd score about 5 ppg on 35% shooting.

:roll: So he'd drop off that much in 7-8 years despite perimeter defense getting softer? 5 ppg? :oldlol: MJ would get that in the post alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCIq7QMdV0c

phoenix18
04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
:roll: So he'd drop off that much in 7-8 years despite perimeter defense getting softer? 5 ppg? :oldlol: MJ would get that in the post alone.

He could get 20PPG. The fadeaway is unstoppable.

Allstar24
04-06-2010, 09:03 AM
LMAO, not surprised that the only people who think MJ could still average 20 ppg are his delusional fanboys.

phoenix18
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
LMAO, not surprised that the only people who think MJ could still average 20 ppg are his delusional fanboys.

You cant even touch people these days but 20 points is out of the question?

Wow.

A broken down AI gets 14 points a game but its a stretch for 20. Okay.

lilgodfather1
04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
I never understand the reason that people create fictions like this one. Jordan is not coming back to basketball, if he did he would be completely embarrassed, and all of his scoring records would take a hit. He would drop himself from a 30ppg scorer to a 27 ppg scorer and leave Wilt as the all time leader in PPG. MJ doesn't want to do that. He would get less than 10 points a game, he would be giving up 30 at the other end.

Edit: Not to mention that at 48 my dad can barely run any more, let alone play his sports (Boxing). There is a reason players retire at a certain age, and it is not because they are still able to play basketball.

plowking
04-06-2010, 09:12 AM
that the replies in the first page are mostly silly immature replies meant to take cheap shots. all over something jordan didnt even say and based on one posters lies? its pointless. why dont i start a thread about hakeem teaching people footwork and then talk about how Al Jefferson would run circles around Hakeem in the post and drop 40 on him? :confusedshrug:

i just thought it was funny most of these replies had laker avartars.

Jordan has made several comments on that matter, though I won't bother. Look through old posts and you'll see what I mean.

So he'd drop off that much in 7-8 years despite perimeter defense getting softer? 5 ppg? MJ would get that in the post alone.

Are you kidding me? Take a look at most players from their peak (usually around 28), and 8 years later at 35-36... Wilt dropped off by 20ppg, Kareem by 9ppg, Magic dropped off dramatically, Oscar's ppg halved in the time, Larry dropped off by 8ppg, Shaq's ppg halved from 28ppg to 14ppg, Hakeem's ppg was cut in half, etc.

Now take that with a 40 year old to 48... You are downright stupid if you think he could average more than 8ppg on credible shooting efficiency.

Allstar24
04-06-2010, 09:12 AM
You cant even touch people these days but 20 points is out of the question?

Wow.

A broken down AI gets 14 points a game but its a stretch for 20. Okay.
MJ is 47 years old, we're supposed to believe he can come back from retirement and drop 20 on guys like Artest or Kobe? I can't believe we're even having this conversation :oldlol:

Scribbles
04-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Didn't he say shortly after buying the Bobcats he's going to play to play next season?

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Personally I don't believe it too. However somebody who is usually well informed about whats going on in Charlotte told be about this. So i wouldn't say that it is 100 percent wrong. There could be some 1 percent chance of truth in it.
However if Mikes knees are fully recoverd again ( this can take 6-7 years no problem) and if he wourld really work out hard for a year or more in the gym and trim himself down to 215 poundes, I truely belive that Mike would still be a very decent player. Even at 50 if you are healthy you can bring yourself in an eycellent physical condition, if you really want to. Especially if you have the gens like Mike does.
If Mike would be fully committed and healthy i am sure even at age 50 he could still have like close to 30 inch vert and run the 40m dash in around 5.4 or something, which wouldn't be great but enough to compete in the NBA.
Given this athletic ability, Jordans basketball intelligence and the rules of todays NBA I truely believe Jordan could very well average around 20 points 5assists 6 rebouns on 46 percent from the field.

HylianNightmare
04-06-2010, 09:20 AM
he would destroy his averages

but think of all the jersey sales he'd make :eek:

charlotte has some ugly ass jerseys and i would still have to buy a home and away jordan jersey

PistonsFan#21
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Jordan has made several comments on that matter, though I won't bother. Look through old posts and you'll see what I mean.

Are you kidding me? Take a look at most players from their peak (usually around 28), and 8 years later at 35-36... Wilt dropped off by 20ppg, Kareem by 9ppg, Magic dropped off dramatically, Oscar's ppg halved in the time, Larry dropped off by 8ppg, Shaq's ppg halved from 28ppg to 14ppg, Hakeem's ppg was cut in half, etc.

Now take that with a 40 year old to 48... You are downright stupid if you think he could average more than 8ppg on credible shooting efficiency.

Im not saying he would have a good FG% but he surely will get over 8ppg. All it would take for him to do so is hit 4 shots (including layups, midrange or 3pt shots). And im sure the refs would call alot of fouls on opposite players guarding him so he should get a decent amount of free throws. 12-13ppg is about what he would get (depending on how much he plays).

Im also wondering if he would try to take the last shot if he has a chance for a game winner or if they would set a play for someone else instead.

k-vil
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
MJ is 47 years old, we're supposed to believe he can come back from retirement and drop 20 on guys like Artest or Kobe? I can't believe we're even having this conversation :oldlol:
I'll take 50 year old MJ over Sasha Vujajic:D

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Didn't he say shortly after buying the Bobcats he's going to play to play next season?

Yea, maybe somebody heared this and based the rumors that Jordan would come back on this. Would be an explanation.

plowking
04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Im not saying he would have a good FG% but he surely will get over 8ppg. All it would take for him to do so is hit 4 shots (including layups, midrange or 3pt shots). And im sure the refs would call alot of fouls on opposite players guarding him so he should get a decent amount of free throws. 12-13ppg is about what he would get (depending on how much he plays).

Im also wondering if he would try to take the last shot if he has a chance for a game winner or if they would set a play for someone else instead.

Kareem, a top 3 player ever, averaged 11ppg as a 41 year old. What makes you think Jordan, playing on the perimeter, where it's harder to scorer, players are quicker to move in front of you, are more athletic, the shots come from further out is going to score more at 50?

He's not getting any fouls called for him. It would be ridiculously easy for players to stay in front of him, there would be no need for fouls. His "smarts", "basketball knowledge", "basketball IQ" or "heart for the game of basketball", and all these other BS excuses one could possibly think of are no good in this situation. He simply isn't physically capable, and if you think a 50 year old man can go against 25 year olds like Igoudala, Wade and Rose, you're kidding yourself. Do you know how quickly each of those players would blow by Jordan? Do you know how easily they'd get to the spot before Jordan?

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Kareem, a top 3 player ever, averaged 11ppg as a 41 year old. What makes you think Jordan, playing on the perimeter, where it's harder to scorer, players are quicker to move in front of you, are more athletic, the shots come from further out is going to score more at 50?

He's not getting any fouls called for him. It would be ridiculously easy for players to stay in front of him, there would be no need for fouls. His "smarts", "basketball knowledge", "basketball IQ" or "heart for the game of basketball", and all these other BS excuses one could possibly think of are no good in this situation. He simply isn't physically capable, and if you think a 50 year old man can go against 25 year olds like Igoudala, Wade and Rose, you're kidding yourself. Do you know how quickly each of those players would blow by Jordan? Do you know how easily they'd get to the spot before Jordan?

The world record for men above 50 years for running 100m is way under 11 seconds. So if you have the genetics and train very hard you can still be very fast even at 50. At least fast enough to compete in the NBA.

ShaqAttack3234
04-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Except Jordan at 40 used basically no athleticism either, so where would the big decline come from. If he got in shape he wouldn't be weaker, and if he was healthy he'd still be able to shoot. :oldlol: at 5 ppg on 35% shooting.

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Except Jordan at 40 used basically no athleticism either, so where would the big decline come from. If he got in shape he wouldn't be weaker, and if he was healthy he'd still be able to shoot. :oldlol: at 5 ppg on 35% shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UupUDYeNqQ

No athleticism? Not really dude.
Look how easily he got up at age 40 with ****ed up knees.
If his knees are recoverd his athletic ability woulldn't be far away from what it was back then.
Under the rules introduced in 05 Jord

Pharcyde
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I live in Charlotte and haven't really heard anything....

That said, he would average over 5 points... He could still hit the post up fadeaway and would be at around 12-15 per game easily.

plowking
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM

Some of you are honestly delusional thinking a 50 year old can impact the game better than most of the bench players in the league currently...

If at 50 he's not weaker, he'll be slower, if he's not slower, he'll be weaker. His shot won't be as good as it was when he was with the Wizards, not to mention he won't be able to get the same looks...

Who's game at 40 is based on athleticism? No one...
His decline would come from naturally being slower, weaker, less responsive, less coordinated, less conditioned, not having the skills he once had. What more do you want?

Do you honestly think MJ could come in the league and do better than say Will Bynum or Flip Murray?

plowking
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
The NBA forum is getting dumber (if that's even possible), and even some of the better posters seem to have been hit...

I'll copy and paste this one more time, just to see if it finally gets through...

Now take that same gradual deterioration with a 40/41 year old to 49... Not 27/28-35/36, but 40ish to 49ish...

ShaqAttack3234
04-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Some of you are honestly delusional thinking a 50 year old can impact the game better than most of the bench players in the league currently...

If at 50 he's not weaker, he'll be slower, if he's not slower, he'll be weaker. His shot won't be as good as it was when he was with the Wizards, not to mention he won't be able to get the same looks...

Who's game at 40 is based on athleticism? No one...
His decline would come from naturally being slower, weaker, less responsive, less coordinated, less conditioned, not having the skills he once had. What more do you want?

Do you honestly think MJ could come in the league and do better than say Will Bynum or Flip Murray?

50 year olds don't lose noticeable strength if they work out. I know plenty of 50 years way stronger than your average 20-something year old. Why would his jumpshot look much worse? It's not like 50 years old are unable to duplicate the proper form ona jumpshot. Look at MJ in the video vs Wallace and Richardson that I posted. He still looks good there.

Considering this is the man widely considered the rgeatest to ever play the game and considering how good he looked vs Wallace and J-Rich in practice, 5 ppg on 35% shooting is laughable.

I'm not saying he'd be as good as he was with Washington, but he'd still be able to make some fadeaway's mid range j's, get a steal every once and while because of his great anticipation and his passing ability wouldn't have gone away. Not to mention the softer rules.

He'd still be a decent player.

ronnymac
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Jordan allready has proved age is'nt a big barrier. at 40 he was averaging big numbers with the Wizards. he dosent need to prove anything to anyone.

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 09:57 AM
The NBA forum is getting dumber (if that's even possible), and even some of the better posters seem to have been hit...

I'll copy and paste this one more time, just to see if it finally gets through...

Now take that same gradual deterioration with a 40/41 year old to 49... Not 27/28-35/36, but 40ish to 49ish...

Actually Magic didn't. His points/rebounds/assists per minute in 96 were close to would they were in 91. And he was totally out of shape. If he had been in better physical shape he would have been almost the same as in 91.

ODEN>DURANT
04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
LOL, if he did come back he would be playing 15 minutes a game IMO. Maximum.

plowking
04-06-2010, 10:00 AM
50 year olds don't lose noticeable strength if they work out. I know plenty of 50 years way stronger than your average 20-something year old. Why would his jumpshot look much worse? It's not like 50 years old are unable to duplicate the proper form ona jumpshot. Look at MJ in the video vs Wallace and Richardson that I posted. He still looks good there.

Considering this is the man widely considered the rgeatest to ever play the game and considering how good he looked vs Wallace and J-Rich in practice, 5 ppg on 35% shooting is laughable.

I'm not saying he'd be as good as he was with Washington, but he'd still be able to make some fadeaway's mid range j's, get a steal every once and while because of his great anticipation and his passing ability wouldn't have gone away. Not to mention the softer rules.

He'd still be a decent player.

So you're saying he'd be as good as Will Bynum and Flip Murray?

1 on 1 is completely different to a full pace NBA game. And to answer your other question about his jumpshot, your muscles change at 50. You become more burly and strong, though it's a different ball game.

These "softer" rules you talk about wouldn't apply to MJ. Players wouldn't need to be physical in the first place seeing as they would simply stay in front of the old 50 year old.

The best he'd be is maybe 7ppg and 4rpg on 38% odd shooting in 20 minutes.

ZenMaster
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Seems crazy. From a business point of view though, there probably isn't another player who could make so many people watch the Bobcats as himself. Maybe LeBron, but that's about it.

PistonsFan#21
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Actually its easier to score more points (not necessarly better FG%) on the perimeter than down lown. Thats why most of the scoring leaders are players that are out on the perimeter. You have more chance of being left wide open for a shot than being left wide open down low.

Jordan wouldnt be guarded by players such as Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Battier, etc. because he wouldnt be the main threat on his own team (3rd or 4th option at best). If Jordan feels like he got weaker then he would work on other aspect of his game to make up for it. Its not like he's gonna come back in the NBA without being able to shoot or post up. Paul Pierce was never fast or a high jumper but he still managed to get his shot off and score some points.

plowking
04-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Actually Magic didn't. His points/rebounds/assists per minute in 96 were close to would they were in 91. And he was totally out of shape. If he had been in better physical shape he would have been almost the same as in 91.

Magic's game never relied on athelticism, just like SA3234 claims about Jordan at the Wizards, yet look at the difference it made from 91 to 96. His assits nearly halved and his points took a 6ppg fall. How is that no difference? Per minute is fine and all, though at 50 how much would MJ be playing? No more than 20 minutes a game. There is no shot in hell he averages more than 7 or 8ppg.

Did you not see how much 8 years makes from approximately 28-36? What makes you think it's going to be easier from 41-50? Ageing only gets worse and more rapid, and if you want to deny this and continue with the Jordan loving, then I simply can't help you from your delusional fantasy.

plowking
04-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Actually its easier to score more points (not necessarly better FG%) on the perimeter than down lown. Thats why most of the scoring leaders are players that are out on the perimeter. You have more chance of being left wide open for a shot than being left wide open down low.

Jordan wouldnt be guarded by players such as Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Battier, etc. because he wouldnt be the main threat on his own team (3rd or 4th option at best). If Jordan feels like he got weaker then he would work on other aspect of his game to make up for it. Its not like he's gonna come back in the NBA without being able to shoot or post up. Paul Pierce was never fast or a high jumper but he still managed to get his shot off and score some points.

Are you comparing a peak athlete with a 50 year old?

PistonsFan#21
04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Are you comparing a peak athlete with a 50 year old?

I think its safe to say Paul Pierce is way past his peak/prime. And MJ isnt a random 50 year old guy you could see on the streets. He was an athlete before too (arguably one of the greatest). And anyway i never claimed that MJ would be as good as Pierce. I said i wouldnt be surprised to see him get about 12 ppg on low FG% (4-5 shots made with maybe a 3pointer and a few FTs).

My point was more like if Pierce can get his points and shots off without using any athletic abilities (other than maybe posting up) then MJ could do the same

Jumpman10135
04-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I am sure if he was placed in this years draft he would be top 15 pick. He has so much legacy and I am sure he can still get off the floor better then someone like JJ Redick.

plowking
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
I think its safe to say Paul Pierce is way past his peak/prime. And MJ isnt a random 50 year old guy you could see on the streets. He was an athlete before too (arguably one of the greatest). And anyway i never claimed that MJ would be as good as Pierce. I said i wouldnt be surprised to see him get about 12 ppg on low FG% (4-5 shots made with maybe a 3pointer and a few FTs).

My point was more like if Pierce can get his points and shots off without using any athletic abilities (other than maybe posting up) then MJ could do the same

What is this notion of NBA players not using athletic ability to score? Paul Pierce was an athletic player at his peak, and is reasonably athletic now. He was recorded as a better athlete in his pre draft measurement than Ricky Davis. You know, the guy who does in between the legs dunks and what not?

I guess if you can do boot tap reverses along with windmills, you just aren't athletic... :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRzAX-xKsik

ShaqAttack3234
04-06-2010, 10:32 AM
What is this notion of NBA players not using athletic ability to score? Paul Pierce was an athletic player at his peak, and is reasonably athletic now. He was recorded as a better athlete in his pre draft measurement than Ricky Davis. You know, the guy who does in between the legs dunks and what not?

I guess if you can do boot tap reverses along with windmills, you just aren't athletic... :rolleyes:

Do you have a link for Pierce performing better at the combine than Davis?

And you're right that Pierce was pretty athletic, but he still doesn't get much elevation on his jumpshot at all and he has a slow release.

plowking
04-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Do you have a link for Pierce performing better at the combine than Davis?

And you're right that Pierce was pretty athletic, but he still doesn't get much elevation on his jumpshot at all and he has a slow release.

EDIT: Was looking at the wrong column.

PistonsFan#21
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Yeah Pierce used to be athletic at some point but that video was taken when he was still in highschool which is like 15 years ago. Pierce right now is listed at 235lbs and his nowhere near that level of athleticism yet he still scores 18ppg while shooting a career high in FT%, 3pt% and being 0.3% lower than his career high FG%.

Jordan knows he wont be able to blow past his defenders at will anymore so i excpect him to work on his 3pt game and shooting even more. Do you really think Jordan would humiliate himself and come back in the NBA if he felt like he couldnt even score 8ppg? Im sure he pracitced alot agaisnt players of his team and will go through some drills before making the decision to come back.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Wade vs. Jordan
Durant vs. Jordan
LeBron vs. Jordan
Kobe vs. Jordan
Roy vs. Jordan
Evans vs. Jordan
Mayo vs. Jordan

NBA Live 2010/ NBA 2k10

Come on LeBron23 even you know that the OP is exaggerating. He has no link to support this rumor and he is one of those newer poster of the last 800 newly added members in the last week.

That being said I would love to see Jordan go up against some of these guys in a Charity game

ImmortalD24
04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
MJ fanboys would go insane, his per would drop significantly and his career leading PPG would be below Wilt's.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-06-2010, 11:23 AM
MJ fanboys would go insane, his per would drop significantly and his career leading PPG would be below Wilt's.

Jordan was averaging an unbreakable 31.5 ppg before he came back as a Wizard. 30.1 ppg is pretty , but this scoring Machine Kevin Durant :lol . If he retires on top seriously has a chance.

EricForman
04-06-2010, 11:45 AM
phoenix, stop arguing with these guys. and i doubt jordan would still drop 20 a night too, you gotta understand that age hits you hard after 30.... 40 and 49 is a huge difference. jordan right now is alot worse than 2003 jordan, there is no doubt about that.

but....all u need to say is to these kobe/laker avartar sporting guys, who are obviously just jumping on a troll post and bashing jordan for something he didnt even say, is this :

50 year old mike would be better than 50 year old kobe. jordan at any age was better than kobe at the same age.

end thread.

gts
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Wasn't their some issue with him being a part of managment and a player as the Wizards? Can he be owner and player at the same time?
no he can't.. when buss gave magic a share in the lakers after his retirement, magic had to sell it back to buss when he came back out of retirement... then he got it back after his second retirement

iamgine
04-06-2010, 12:21 PM
He was already a horribly inefficient scorer in 2002.

ukballer
04-06-2010, 12:23 PM

It's called being realistic. :confusedshrug:

-Husker-
04-06-2010, 12:26 PM

I know you're biased, but come on, it's his own fault if people say shit like that. This is the same guy who routinely says garbage like, "I could still play if I wanted to." You lie in the bed you make.

PistonsFan#21
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
He was already a horribly inefficient scorer in 2002.

Well he didnt shoot good in 2002-03 but it wasnt horribly efficient. He was at 44.5% FG with 82% FT and thats better than the career average of guys like Vince Carter, Tmac, Iverson, Pierce, etc. His FG% was also only 1% lower than Kobe's career average

Kellogs4toniee
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I can't believe this went five pages. Was there even a link or source posted anywhere?

It's a joke. A 50 year old player playing in the NBA... are you freaking kidding me. I love Jordan to death, but people actually claim he could contribute efficiently? He would be too much of a liability on defense to keep in the game, plain and simple.

Desperado
04-06-2010, 12:36 PM
phoenix, stop arguing with these guys. and i doubt jordan would still drop 20 a night too, you gotta understand that age hits you hard after 30.... 40 and 49 is a huge difference. jordan right now is alot worse than 2003 jordan, there is no doubt about that.

but....all u need to say is to these kobe/laker avartar sporting guys, who are obviously just jumping on a troll post and bashing jordan for something he didnt even say, is this :

50 year old mike would be better than 50 year old kobe. jordan at any age was better than kobe at the same age.

end thread.

Kobe at 31: 4 rings

Jordan at 31: 3 rings

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

Lakers are by far the best team in the West, Kobe is only 31 years old and his core is younger then he is. He will play dominant basketball till age 35, and can play well even up till 37 or 38 because Bynum will be a force by then. That gives Kobe 7-8 more contending seasons.

Lakers core: Bryant 31, Odom 30, Gasol 29, Bynum 22, Artest 30

end thread.

-Husker-
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

Lakers are by far the best team in the West, Kobe is only 31 years old and his core is younger then he is. He will play dominant basketball till age 35, and can play well even up till 37 or 38 because Bynum will be a force by then. That gives Kobe 7-8 more contending seasons.

end thread.

Doesn't Kobe already have more mileage than MJ did? Doubt he keeps this play up for the next 6-8 seasons.

Lebron23
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

end thread.

:oldlol: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

magnax1
04-06-2010, 12:47 PM
I could see him average 15 ppg on 40% just from his great jumpshot. However, he wouldn't be effective at all, because hed be giving up 30+ ppg most every night.

iamgine
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Well he didnt shoot good in 2002-03 but it wasnt horribly efficient. He was at 44.5% FG with 82% FT and thats better than the career average of guys like Vince Carter, Tmac, Iverson, Pierce, etc. His FG% was also only 1% lower than Kobe's career average
It was horribly inefficient.

FG% doesn't determine efficiency.

crisoner
04-06-2010, 12:51 PM
NO......He will be known as the Sugar Ray Leonard of Basketball if he does so.

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Magic's game never relied on athelticism, just like SA3234 claims about Jordan at the Wizards, yet look at the difference it made from 91 to 96. His assits nearly halved and his points took a 6ppg fall. How is that no difference? Per minute is fine and all, though at 50 how much would MJ be playing? No more than 20 minutes a game. There is no shot in hell he averages more than 7 or 8ppg.

Did you not see how much 8 years makes from approximately 28-36? What makes you think it's going to be easier from 41-50? Ageing only gets worse and more rapid, and if you want to deny this and continue with the Jordan loving, then I simply can't help you from your delusional fantasy.

Without his knee injury during summer of 2001 Jordan would have been alot closer to his 98 shape. People that played with him like Ron Artest said that before the knee injury he was a potential 30 ppg scorer and more or less the Mike of 98. I think people naturally decline mor between 30 and 35 then between 40 and 50. Around 32 or so most people loose their quickness and explosivness. But you can still keep a high athlethic level for a long time after that. Most player and people get lazy after 35 and therefore decline so much. If somebody is healthy and realy training hard he can have a very good level at age 50. Lok at a guy like Chakie Chan. He was unbelievably fit at age 50.
So if Mike's knees would be recovered i could see him playing well at age 50 . I don't think it will happen but it would certainly possible. 25 minutes a game with 15 points 4 assists and 5 rebounds on 47 percent from the field is anything but impossible. On given nights he certainly could still drop over 30 in 40 minutes of play ( not regulary but certainly a couple of times during the season)

Allstar24
04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
It's called being realistic. :confusedshrug:
You can expect MJ dickriders to be a lot of things but you can't expect them to be realistic.

-Husker-
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Without his knee injury during summer of 2001 Jordan would have been alot closer to his 98 shape. People that played with him like Ron Artest said that before the knee injury he was a potential 30 ppg scorer and more or less the Mike of 98. I think people naturally decline mor between 30 and 35 then between 40 and 50. Around 32 or so most people loose their quickness and explosivness. But you can still keep a high athlethic level for a long time after that. Most player and people get lazy after 35 and therefore decline so much. If somebody is healthy and realy training hard he can have a very good level at age 50. Lok at a guy like Chakie Chan. He was unbelievably fit at age 50.
So if Mike's knees would be recovered i could see him playing well at age 50 . I don't think it will happen but it would certainly possible. 25 minutes a game with 15 points 4 assists and 5 rebounds on 47 percent from the field is anything but impossible. On given nights he certainly could still drop over 30 in 40 minutes of play ( not regulary but certainly a couple of times during the season)

Please.:oldlol:

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I can't believe this went five pages. Was there even a link or source posted anywhere?

It's a joke. A 50 year old player playing in the NBA... are you freaking kidding me. I love Jordan to death, but people actually claim he could contribute efficiently? He would be too much of a liability on defense to keep in the game, plain and simple.

I never claimed I have a printed source. Just what someone who knows Charlotte basketball well told me he has heared about it. Don't belive it myself, but if

oh the horror
04-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Age is not a factor these days anymore? Uh, yeah. There is one absolute in life, and that is the fact that we ALL get old, and we ALL lose our physical abilities with time, and then we all die. There are no exceptions to that rule, ESPECIALLY in basketball.

inclinerator
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
with this new pill it will allow us to age slower!

DukeDelonte13
04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
with this new pill it will allow us to age slower!

it's not a pill, it's something you inject in your buttcheeks. Steroids!

kunk75
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
plenty of good oral steroids around.

Psileas
04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
"There are some rumors...", "It is said...". Yeah, good sources. Of course, the whole concept is a joke, but still 80+ replies, in order to speculate whether this could happen and what he'd average.

Jordan isn't coming back, period. Maybe he could do it for 1 game, just to show he can become the only HOF member who can return to playing action and to keep ahead of Wilt in the ppg section (factoid: a few years ago, an Italian legend, Marzorati, did just that: Returned in action at the age of about 55, but only for one game and for like 2 minutes). A span of 5 games at 10 ppg will already drop him in second place. Of course this ppg estimation is a completely rough one. Tough to estimate what he'd average, especially since there's there's nobody who played at 50 and nobody who came back after a 10-year retirement, let alone both. But definitely not close to 20 ppg, and nobody would. Look at his mpg, ppg and efficiency as a 39-40 y.o Wizard and compare to what he did as a 34-35 y.o in a tougher defensively league. Still not even close. Yet, he'd remain the same as a 50 y.o, especially if he plays for some team with a decent seriousness level? 20 would be more like his season high. 50 years old is not 40. Not in terms of athleticism, time to reach high fitness levels, stamina, ability to stay healthy, etc. Else, there would be no reason for the best 40-year olds to retire. They'd have a good 10 years in front of them.

joyner82
04-06-2010, 02:53 PM
He would be DECENT on offense. He couldn't drive and sure as hell couldn't dunk, but he could probably average 10-12 a game on fadeaways at like 43%. But he would get utterly destroyed on defense. He could probably make a roster but he wouldn't see any decent PT outside of his name.

lilgodfather1
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=beermonsteroo]I never claimed I have a printed source. Just what someone who knows Charlotte basketball well told me he has heared about it. Don't belive it myself, but if

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
He would be DECENT on offense. He couldn't drive and sure as hell couldn't dunk, but he could probably average 10-12 a game on fadeaways at like 43%. But he would get utterly destroyed on defense. He could probably make a roster but he wouldn't see any decent PT outside of his name.

I am sure that he can still dunk on a breakaway. If you are 6 6 and have freakin long hands it isn't all that difficult to dunk.
I rember seeing a charity game in which Domique throwing down an alley opp jam of a Magic pass. Nique was 44 or something and had like 40 pounds of fat around his belly. No problem a slim Jordan can dunk at 50.

thejumpa
04-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Swap whoever is SG on the Nets with current-form MJ and they win more than 11 games......

joyner82
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I am sure that he can still dunk on a breakaway. If you are 6 6 and have freakin long hands it isn't all that difficult to dunk.
I rember seeing a charity game in which Domique throwing down an alley opp jam of a Magic pass. Nique was 44 or something and had like 40 pounds of fat around his belly. No problem a slim Jordan can dunk at 50.

I meant more or less he couldn't drive and dunk. I'm sure he can dunk with ease on a breakaway..6'6 women can dunk, Jordan has a longer wingspan and probably 10 inches on vert.

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM
So then you could see him being a 30 ppg scorer, because some people in here are claiming he would be a 20 ppg scorer. If you think he would be better than people think, then I have some news for you, people get to be worse players as they age not better. I bet that MJ would be the last guy up the court every time. He would play less than 20 minutes, and score less than ten points.

I dind't say he would be a 30 ponints scorer regularly. I just say that if he was healthy and would bring himself in a really good shape, as good as you can be at 50, there is a chance that on a very very good night Jordan could drop 30. 10pts a game on 20-25 minutes a game certainly would be possible for the season. Especially if he avoided back to back games. So playing in 60 games with an average of 20-25 minutes. Yes i Do see Jordan averaging above 10 points.

TheLogo
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
First of all MJ coming back at 50 is a joke. I was not going to participate in this dumb thread but let's say for the sake of argument:

Running back and forth on the court is part of the game. MJ would be averaging 80 trips back and forth. Any 50 year old will be out of breath just jogging on the court without a game being involved and I don't care who you are, 50 year olds are not doing that and being involved in a NBA game.

Also, you are running hard and having to play defense.....where is the energy for MJ to even try to create on guy's half his age and full of energy, on offense.

Break away dunks?....I doubt it...he would have to get a full sprint at the basket to dunk and I doubt he has any speed. A pro basketball player will chase him down.

MJ would average 10ppg if the NBA was only player on halfcourt and winners take out.

raptorfan_dr07
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

end thread.

Jordan's rings without star big man: 6
Kobe's rings without star big man: 0

Jordan's rings as number 1 option: 6
Kobe's rings as number 1 option: 1

Jordan's Finals MVPs: 6
Kobe's Finals MVPs: 1

Jordan's MVPs: 5
Kobe's MVPs: 1

Jordan's seasons shooting 50% or better: 8
Kobe's seasons shooting 50% or better: 0 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jordan's seasons shooting 50% or better in the PLAYOFFS: 6
Kobe's seasons shooting 50% or better in the PLAYOFFS: 1

Jordan's seasons scoring 30 or more PPG: 9
Kobe's seasons scoring 30 or more PPG: 3

Jordan's seasons averaging 30 PPG or better in the PLAYOFFS: 12
Kobe's seasons averaging 30 PPG or better in the PLAYOFFS: 4

Jordan's seasons averaging 6 assists or more: 7
Kobe's seasons averaging 6 assists or more: 3

Jordan's seasons averaging 6 assists or more in the PLAYOFFS: 11
Kobe's seasons averaging 6 assists or more in the PLAYOFFS: 5

Jordan's DPOY awards: 1
Kobe's DPOY awards: 0

Jordan's All-Star appearances: 14
Kobe's All-Star appearances: 12

Jordan's All-NBA 1st team selections: 10
Kobe's All-NBA 1st team selections: 7

Jordan's All-Defensive 1st team selections: 9
Kobe's All-Defensive 1st team selections: 7(plus it's a FACT his last few were based on reputation and NOT actual defensive play)

People who think Jordan is GOAT: The majority of the basketball world
People who think Kobe is GOAT: Alphawolf/Soopa/Desperado, KB42PAH, Fatal9, Cantstop. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Note: All numbers are rounded up accordingly.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

/END THREAD

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 03:50 PM
First of all MJ coming back at 50 is a joke. I was not going to participate in this dumb thread but let's say for the sake of argument:

Running back and forth on the court is part of the game. MJ would be averaging 80 trips back and forth. Any 50 year old will be out of breath just jogging on the court without a game being involved and I don't care who you are, 50 year olds are not doing that and being involved in a NBA game.

Also, you are running hard and having to play defense.....where is the energy for MJ to even try to create on guy's half his age and full of energy, on offense.

Break away dunks?....I doubt it...he would have to get a full sprint at the basket to dunk and I doubt he has any speed. A pro basketball player will chase him down.

MJ would average 10ppg if the NBA was only player on halfcourt and winners take out.

There are people running 100m in 11 flat seconds at age 50. There are people running the marathon in under 2:50 at age 50. If you are healthy and train hard it is possible. Just look how this 60 year old man can compete with an pro rugby player. The guy is 60 and tunning the 100m in 11.3. I say at least 8 percent of all NBA players right now are not faster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Q0-cpNlaQ

KelticForce1349
04-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Today is April 5th, right? :confusedshrug:

SRZ66
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM

Kobe's All-Defensive 1st team selections: 7(plus it's a FACT his last few were based on reputation and NOT actual defensive play)

People who think Kobe is GOAT: Alphawolf/Soopa/Desperado, KB42PAH, Fatal9, Cantstop. :roll: :roll: :roll:

/END THREAD
wow pwned

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Jost for those who think Jordan can't dunk anymore:lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqlBUj9bFC4

At the end of the video he gets two easy jams and you can clearly see that he isn't trying hard to jump at all

sbw19
04-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Common sense is not so common: why would Jordan, who's nothing left to prove and is considered by many to be the greatest, return as a player at the age of grandpas?

Can't we just enjoy watching legends like Kobe and LeBron who are actually trying to prove their mettle and climb up the alltime greats list?

PistonsFan#21
04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Today is April 5th, right? :confusedshrug:
the 6th actually

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Common sense is not so common: why would Jordan, who's nothing left to prove and is considered by many to be the greatest, return as a player at the age of grandpas?

Can't we just enjoy watching legends like Kobe and LeBron who are actually trying to prove their mettle and climb up the alltime greats list?

Somehow you are right. But isn't discussing "what could be " also fun?

KelticForce1349
04-06-2010, 04:14 PM
the 6th actually

You will need to excuse me, I felt I was being slowly pulled back to the first of the month. I swear it's now April 3rd.

TennesseeFan
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Philosoraptor/ImageMacro/846891/Philosoraptor-Make-retarded-speculative-controversial-thrad-Gets-10-pages-worth-of-argumentative-posts.jpg

hassano
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM

/END THREAD

:roll:
owned completely

White Chocolate
04-06-2010, 04:23 PM
His shooting wouldn't be the issue. It would be that he'd be 49 going on 50 and probably with little to no athleticism. Then again, I doubt he'd be less athletic than a 35 year old Larry Bird.

ZenMaster
04-06-2010, 04:35 PM

Money, he owns the Bobcats, would be great publicity. First majority owner/player. Would get them a lot of national exposure.

Also i could see Jordan thinking that it would add to his legacy, stats aside, if he showed he could still play in the NBA at 50.

It still seems highly unlikely it will happen though.

White Chocolate
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Just to the add 1 more thing:

IF Jordan plays, his performance is irrelevant. His goal is to get you to watch his team and you all will.

bagelred
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
To me, he will probably be able to play just obviously not at a high level. This isn't your ordinary 50 year old. And 50 isn't THAT old....geez.

He would hit jumpers, maybe getting 10 - 15 PPG, he'd have to defend slowest man on court probably. He'd be an average NBA'er. Some nights he'd look good, some nights slow and old.

The problem is this: He'd hurt himself. The ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc. just don't respond the same, and when playing at the highest level, something's going to go. He'll probably play well for 7 - 8 games, then something will "pop".

That's my take.

chazzy
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM

:oldlol: Why are you being so sensitive? What they said wasn't harsh at all, it's called being realistic. It has nothing to do with his career or what he did in his prime, those kind of statements would be said about ANY player around the age of 50.

mrpuente
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
his athleticism shouldnt be an argument when talking about scoring.
Kevin Durant was nearly last in the nba draft combine out of 80 players(he couldnt even bench 185 lbs) and we all know what hes capable of scoring now.

beermonsteroo
04-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Bye the way, Nat Hickey of the 1947-48 Providence Steamrollers, at 46, was the oldest player in NBA history. If hecould play at age 46 back then, Jordan can easiliy today. 46 years back then is easily 56 years today.

EricForman
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM
:oldlol: Why are you being so sensitive? What they said wasn't harsh at all, it's called being realistic. It has nothing to do with his career or what he did in his prime, those kind of statements would be said about ANY player around the age of 50.

you must have missed the part where i said "wuoldnt any 50 year old be embarassed?" and then some kobe fan argued that bird at 50 would be more efficient because he was taller and had a higher arching shot and such.

the replies are immature because jordan didnt say he is planning on coming back at 2012, the op's post was so ridiculous that no one should take it seriously. i'm not arguing that mike could play at 50 too, no 50 year old human being can hang in the NBA over the course of a season. but these guys with the laker/kobe avatars, you can sense venom and joy in their response. "no, mike would get his shot swatted in his face! he wouldnt do sh*t!" followed by a laughing emoticon. come on man, it doesn't take sensitivity to see the agenda and the bitterness in that. they're just jumping on any chance to bash the guy.

as for mike making a throwaway comment at the HOF speech that he could play now, most athletes have egos and most would say the same thing. i bet you when kobe is 44 he doesnt watch the NBA rookies and think "man these kids would run circles around me". Wilt was sitting around talking bitter and proclaiming this and that at 60. I bet you every former-player-turned-assistant-coach has some sort of swagger and talk a bit of smack during practices. What, you think they come to practice and say "okay, i used to be good but now i am an old man. im sure you can beat me right now" to a 12th man? You think Kareem walks into Laker practices in 2006 and concedes Chris Mihm could whup his ass? Magic probably watches Jordan Farmar run the break and think to himself he could do better right now. All great players think like that.

all players have egos. and again, the comments on here bashing Jordan over what the OP wrote is just stupid.

Freshprince619
04-06-2010, 10:37 PM
On a losing team, which means absolutely nothing

Freshprince619
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM

end thread.
Are you serious ?
You have some major insecurity problems i am very sorry.
You need to get off Jordans nuts. You seem to be in pain whenever someone doesnt worship him

And your last statement is false. Kobe was getting drafted when he was 17. Jordan was getting cut from his high school team

YAWN
04-06-2010, 10:49 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wow.

warriorfan
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM
This would of been such a better post if you made it on the first of the month ;)

Positive
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Are you serious ?
You have some major insecurity problems i am very sorry.
You need to get off Jordans nuts. You seem to be in pain whenever someone doesnt worship him

And your last statement is false. Kobe was getting drafted when he was 17. Jordan was getting cut from his high school team

so you're saying that kobe's better than jordan because he didn't get cut from his hs team?

Freshprince619
04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
so you're saying that kobe's better than jordan because he didn't get cut from his hs team?
Do you know how to read dumb f*ck. Were talking at the same age of 17
:hammerhead:

ILLsmak
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
If I were going to bring back MJ at 50, the only way I could see him being effective on my team is as a PF. I'd tell him to hit weights super hard and try to emulate barkley. He could probably get his shot off vs big men and if not draw some fouls... he could get some boards, too. But there is no way he could play the perimeter. I mean, he could... and he could probably get some points, too, but it wouldn't be in the best interest of the team. On the other hand, lower body strength has a lot to do with all of the big man aspects and we already know Jordan is relatively strong anyway. Plus like I said he could get that fade away on anyone. And then he could run slow on breaks and spot up for three. That would be the only way I could see him playing.

As much as I dislike Jordan, I'd say it's a testament to his greatness that some of you are even entertaining the idea.

-Smak

OldSchoolBBall
04-06-2010, 11:31 PM
On a losing team, which means absolutely nothing

Yes, it means "absolutely nothing" to be able to average 23.2 pts/7.2 reb/3.8 ast/1.5 stl/.5 blk/46.2% FG over the final 30 games of the 2003 season after turning age 40 in the best pro league in the world. Means nothing at all.

Showtime
04-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Age is an obstacle, no matter how good you are.

Jasper
04-07-2010, 01:50 AM
This thread is = to Kobe's 3rd year on his extension making 33mil and probably getting owned on a regular night.

Maybe it will work out , but if not Lakers screwed them selves , and I do not think MJ would do that to his team at the age of 50 :D

SCdac
04-07-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm with anyone who thinks MJ couldn't last more than 35-40 games in an NBA season, where there's 3-4 games a week, including back-to-backs. Talking non stop physical, best in the world, basketball. That's at about 11-12 minutes per game IMO, as to not severely or fatally hurt MJ's body... but damn, I must say, after watching Jordan post up/go one-on-one against Raymond Felton, Jason Richardson, and Gerald Wallace in a clip from two years ago... I think he, of all players, has the skills and craftiness to pick up a ball at any age where he can still run and jump, and "out play" players. In certain instances at least - but not in a marathon AKA the nba season.

in practice with bobcats ... (posted already i see)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdV5UQImzVw

I know I've seen this camp video before, but I forgot he could still dunk at 45 years old (5:20 was a good one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqlBUj9bFC4&feature=fvw

Batz
04-07-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm with anyone who thinks MJ couldn't last more than 35-40 games in an NBA season, where there's 3-4 games a week, including back-to-backs. Talking non stop physical, best in the world, basketball. That's at about 11-12 minutes per game IMO, as to not severely or fatally hurt MJ's body... but damn, I must say, after watching Jordan post up/go one-on-one against Raymond Felton, Jason Richardson, and Gerald Wallace in a clip from two years ago... I think he, of all players, has the skills and craftiness to pick up a ball at any age where he can still run and jump, and "out play" players. In certain instances at least - but not in a marathon AKA the nba season.

in practice with bobcats ... (posted already i see)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdV5UQImzVw

I know I've seen this camp video before, but I forgot he could still dunk at 45 years old (5:20 was a good one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqlBUj9bFC4&feature=fvw
This is practice and camp... nuff' said. He is a veteran bench player who gets garbage minutes at best at the age of 50. Which seems pointless because he can play that role by being the owner.

He avg 20pp at around 40% FG during his comeback with the wizards. This time it will be noticeably worse. Please, no more failed comebacks, the last one was just hurtful to watch.

Solid Snake
04-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Go ahead Jordan, tarnish your legacy even more.

And on a more tangible note, ruin your STATS even more. It ****ing sucks that his career FG% dipped below 50%.

Desperado
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM

/END THREAD

Jordan without Pippen = 1-9 in the playoffs, never made it past the first round and had 5 losing seasons (below .500)

Kobe without Shaq = 2 Finals appearances, NBA champion, several winning seasons (above .500) and only 1 losing season.

as far as 'Finals MVP'

During the Lakers 3-peat from 00 - 02 the great teams were in the Western Conference...many experts agreed that the "real" NBA championship was played in the Western Conference Finals .....the East was really weak during this time. (seriously...would the Nets or even Milwaukee, Boston or New York even make the playoffs in the west during the early 00's ?...doubt it.)

2000 WCF vs Portland - Kobe led the Lakers with 22ppg 5ast 4reb in the and the deciding game 7 he led all Lakers with 25points 7ast 11rebs......Shaq chipped in with 18 points and a couple of boards lol

2001 WCF vs San Antonio (Much better team then Philly) Kobe averaged 33points 7reb and 7ast

2002 WCF vs Kings Kobe averaged 27ppg 4st and 6reb (Kings were a far better team then NJ)

defensive team selections?

Jordan's overrated defense http://airjudden2.tripod.com/jordan/defense.htm

and Jordan's high scoring numbers? MJ was a ballhog he led the league in FGA's a record nine times! Not just that but he was given the green light to jack up shots from the beginning of his career...then you compare him to Kobe who didn't start his first two years (there numbers as starters are almost identical) he also had to share the ball with Shaq for over half of his career! If he was given the green light to jack up shots for the start of his career l like Jordan he would be blowing his numbers out of the water

btw ''Kobe is the best all around player I ever coached'' - Phil Jackson :pimp:

asd
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Kobe without Shaq = 2 Finals appearances, NBA champion, several winning seasons (above .500) and only 1 losing season.

bla bla bla....

btw ''Kobe is the best all around player I ever coached'' - Phil Jackson :pimp:

Desperate Desperado,

do you realize that kobe without an all-star 7-foot center = WON NOTHING

?

Desperado
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Desperate Desperado,

do you realize that kobe without an all-star 7-foot center = WON NOTHING

?

lsd,

do you do realize that jordan without Pippen= WON NOTHING

?

King Lebron LBJ
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Funny stuff, an MJ thread always has to have Kobe's name talked about.

asd
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
lsd,

do you do realize that jordan without Pippen= WON NOTHING

?

you already said that.

my response was that kobe didn't win without an all-star 7-footer

you're so desperate, you can only fall back to repeating what you already said

IInvented
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
why would you even ask this question?

Andrei89
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Link or GTFO