PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes the next Kobe Bryant/ Lebron James

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 03:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCL5c9zl-U&feature=player_embedded
6'8 7foot wing span and has a better stroke then 80% of the NBA
Kid is already projected to be the #1 draft pick in 2011. He is coordinated, can dribble, nice footwork. Kid will be something special

I will be bumping this thread in 2 years when Barnes wins ROY and is destroying the NBA

dyna
04-11-2010, 03:44 AM
:cheers:

Scoooter
04-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Where's he going to college?

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Where's he going to college?
UNC. He might de-commit after the horrible season they just had

Scoooter
04-11-2010, 03:49 AM
It's still a first rate program. I'd kill to play at UNC. Seriously, kill. Like, straight up strangle a hobo or something.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-11-2010, 03:50 AM
How can you be the next Kobe and LeBron they play nothing alike and play different positions unless some one is call "baby" or "big". It should be titled the " The Next Big Thing"

With that out the way

Who would be a good player comparison to him? I see NBAdraft has some Luol Deng comparison
Let's see how he does at North Carolina next year. I haven't watched much of him, but he looks impressive. How is he compared to Perry Jones? I know alot of ppl think he is the next Tracy McGrady/Kevin Durant like player. What's your take on Brandon Knight also ppl say he is the best guard of 10'.

From what I have seen so far from watching hs,college, nba

The Next Dwyane Wade like player

Derrick Rose
John Wall
Russell Westbrook
Tony Wroten Jr.

The Kobe Bryant like player

Brandon Roy
OJ Mayo
JR Smith

no body right now in prep/college resembles kobe

The Next LeBron like player

nobody is like LeBron he truely is a specimen, but there are some potential "baby versions of him"

Tyreke Evans
Terrance Williams

bucks_ole
04-11-2010, 03:52 AM
How can you be the next Kobe and LeBron they play nothing alike and play different positions unless some one is call "baby" or "big". It should be titled the " The Next Big Thing"

With that out the way

Who would be a good player comparison to him?
Let's see how he does at North Carolina next year. I haven't watched much of him, but he looks impressive. How is he compared to Perry Jones? I know alot of ppl think he is the next Tracy McGrady/Kevin Durant like player. What's your take on Brandon Knight also ppl say he is the best guard of 10'.

Derrick Rose
John Wall
Russell Westbrook
Tony Wroten Jr.

Brandon Roy
OJ Mayo
JR Smith

nobody is like LeBron he truely is a specimen, but there are some potential "baby versions of him"

Tyreke Evans
Terrance Williams

serious?????:roll:

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 03:54 AM

He has a wingspan similar to Durant, a jumper like Kobe, the frame of Lebron James, footwork like Tyreke Evans.
You really cant compare this guy to nobody.
But he will have a Kobe/Lebron type impact on the game barring no injuries

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 03:55 AM

With that out the way

Who would be a good player comparison to him? I see NBAdraft has some Luol Deng comparison

Derrick Rose
John Wall
Russell Westbrook
Tony Wroten Jr.

Brandon Roy
OJ Mayo
JR Smith

Tyreke Evans
Terrance Williams
Thats a insult to Kobe Bryants game. You can say Roy is a poor mans Kobe but still are not very similar players. Jr smith is just a joke right?

jbot
04-11-2010, 03:57 AM
just watched him play in the nike hoops summit. pretty good player.

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 03:58 AM
lol whose your son?

joyner82
04-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Kevin Durant except 3 inches short, wingspan is 4 inches shorter, and he doesn't have anywhere close to the moves/shot.

Poor mans Kevin Durant

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Kevin Durant except 3 inches short, wingspan is 4 inches shorter, and he doesn't have anywhere close to the moves/shot.

Poor mans Kevin Durant
Has about 200 pounds of strength on durant.
He will be a FAR better player then Durant
Thats a joke.
All he needs is one good year huh? haha
funny how you act like Durant has a long resume

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-11-2010, 04:01 AM

Who was the best player on the court would you say for the USA. Last year it was hands down John Wall. I don't remember the year before that. In 07' Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Mike Beasley, Kevin Love all did their thing.

jbot
04-11-2010, 04:01 AM
lol whose your son?
my son?

joyner82
04-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Has about 200 pounds of strength on durant.
He will be a FAR better player then Durant
Thats a joke.
All he needs is one good year huh? haha
funny how you act like Durant has a long resume

Kevin Durant is the best 21 year old in league history outside of Shaq. lol @ you

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 04:02 AM
my son?
your thing says future nba dead.
You said you were at nike summit
So i assumed you werent their fantasize about 16 year old boys.
So i think you would have a kid who plays ball? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

jbot
04-11-2010, 04:07 AM
Who was the best player on the court would you say for the USA. Last year it was hands down John Wall. I don't remember the year before that. In 07' Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Mike Beasley, Kevin Love all did their thing.
they were hyping that brandon knight kid a bunch b4 the game but i'd say it was between barnes and maybe terrance jones.

jbot
04-11-2010, 04:08 AM
your thing says future nba dead.
You said you were at nike summit
So i assumed you werent their fantasize about 16 year old boys.
So i think you would have a kid who plays ball? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
no, i just watched it on tv. i wish i was there to watch it live. my son is in 6th grade but he'll get some attention soon enough.

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 04:09 AM
no, i just watched it on tv. i wish i was there to watch it live. my son is in 6th grade but he'll get some attention soon enough.
Oh haha thats cool. I didnt know it was on TV. What channel?

jbot
04-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Oh haha thats cool. I didnt know it was on TV. What channel?
shit i don't know. must have been espn because i watched some nba fastbreak show after it.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-11-2010, 04:27 AM
Thats a insult to Kobe Bryants game. You can say Roy is a poor mans Kobe but still are not very similar players. Jr smith is just a joke right?

It is very hard to find an exact duplicate player, because just like fingerprints ever elite basketball young player say 25 or younger is young has unique skills/qualities that nobody else has ever had.

Brandon Roy, i think poors man Kobe no doubt, he is never going to put up crazy stat like numbers i think he is averaging 21/4/4. At least on the court wise, I see a lot of Kobe type of moves, mid range game, his size his athletism. I know a lot of people are with me on the same boat. Though he is about to turn 26 years old. I don't think he will ever be a Kobe like player always on sportscenter always putting up crazy numbers, cultural figure, always winning rings, got his game has a lot of similarities on the court wise.

JR Smith, he is only 24 years old, feels like he has been in the league 5 or 6 years already. Which he has. Look past the low IQ ball wise and normal intelligence , the thug, the gang banger. You have a 6'6 freakish athlete in the air. Who has the most range in the NBA right now pulls up from 30 ft. Already has had a 11 3s made game a few 10 3s. He is a pretty good defender when he puts his mind to it. He just needs more discipline a coach that holds him accountable for pull up 30 ft on a fastbreak. He needs to be under a strict coach like Greg Popovich and you will see his game go to All-Star at minimum.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229231-the-next-kobe-bryant

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-11-2010, 04:29 AM
they were hyping that brandon knight kid a bunch b4 the game but i'd say it was between barnes and maybe terrance jones.

I watched Brandon Knight live before. I think a perfect comparison for him is Gilber Arenas, he can score in bunches,great range, but lacks killer first step. And is a VERY INEFFICENT SCORER.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Kevin Durant is the best 21 year old in league history outside of Shaq. lol @ you

LeBron James and Michael Jordan say hi.

LeBron 31/7/6.6 48% FG 73% FT
Jordan 28/6/6 51% FG 84 % FT 2.4 SPG

joyner82
04-11-2010, 04:36 AM
LeBron James and Michael Jordan say hi.

LeBron 31/7/6.6 48% FG 73% FT
Jordan 28/6/6 51% FG 84 % FT 2.4 SPG

I'm not even going to get into it atm. Every advanced stat, spare PER, says Durant is the 2nd best 21 year old in league history behind Shaq.

I like how you blindly post 5 stats which mean nothing.

lilgodfather1
04-11-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm not even going to get into it atm. Every advanced stat, spare PER, says Durant is the 2nd best 21 year old in league history behind Shaq.

I like how you blindly post 5 stats which mean nothing.
PER is the GOAT advanced stat though.

joyner82
04-11-2010, 04:39 AM
PER is the GOAT advanced stat though.

Well then 21 year old Durant>22 year old LeBron

That means he's a year ahead of schedule

nbastatus
04-11-2010, 05:07 AM
His shoulders are so low.

Scribbles
04-11-2010, 07:20 AM
doesnt look anything special at all to me.

entropy35
04-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Barnes doesn't have freaky athleticism like some superstars but he does have an advanced jumpshot and is a really good scorer, reminds me of carmelo anthony. Probably a 20/7 guy in college.

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Barnes doesn't have freaky athleticism like some superstars but he does have an advanced jumpshot and is a really good scorer, reminds me of carmelo anthony. Probably a 20/7 guy in college.
Thats all he lacks. But the kid is 17 and lebron wasn't a world class athlete at his age. So only time will tell if his athleticism will advance

joyner82
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Thats all he lacks. But the kid is 17 and lebron wasn't a world class athlete at his age. So only time will tell if his athleticism will advance

Is this a joke?

And go watch some Durant high school video's. Durant blows this kid out of the water while being 3 inches taller and having a much longer wingspan.

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Is this a joke?

And go watch some Durant high school video's. Durant blows this kid out of the water while being 3 inches taller and having a much longer wingspan.
Lebron was a skinny kid with semi-athleticism when he turned 17. Durant still has no athleticism

LebrickJames84'
04-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Lebron was a skinny kid with semi-athleticism when he turned 17. Durant still has no athleticism

i lived in the kentucky border right next to ohio so i got to see HS Bron some. The guy was a freak athlete at 13. His one legged jumping ability is all natural. The only time LeBron was skinny was his freshman year and he was still 200lbs at 6'6. When he was 17 he was 6'7 230lbs and he mad dunking effortless. This Harrison is just going to be another Ed Davis

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 07:54 AM
i lived in the kentucky border right next to ohio so i got to see HS Bron some. The guy was a freak athlete at 13. His one legged jumping ability is all natural. The only time LeBron was skinny was his freshman year and he was still 200lbs at 6'6. When he was 17 he was 6'7 230lbs and he mad dunking effortless. This Harrison is just going to be another Ed Davis
200 pound freshman? :oldlol: :oldlol:
And dont lie you never went to a HS Lebron game
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/28/lebron-high-school.jpg
This is Lebron when he just turned 17 so try again scrub
:oldlol: :oldlol:

LebrickJames84'
04-11-2010, 08:00 AM
200 pound freshman? :oldlol: :oldlol:
And dont lie you never went to a HS Lebron game
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/28/lebron-high-school.jpg
This is Lebron when he just turned 17 so try again scrub
:oldlol: :oldlol:

http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/lebron_james_1.jpg

Yeah you idiot. LeBron James 18 weighed in at 240lbs at the combine

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:05 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/lebron_james_1.jpg

Yeah you idiot. LeBron James 18 weighed in at 240lbs at the combine
You lie again Their was no NBA combine back then. So try again.
:roll:

joyner82
04-11-2010, 08:11 AM

6'7 1/4" 245 lbs

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2003&sort2=DESC&draft=15&pos=3&sort=1

http://lebrownstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lbj.jpg

200 lbs

http://incredimazing.com/static/media/2009/11/12/Coolstorybro/CoolStoryBro.jpg

LebrickJames84'
04-11-2010, 08:12 AM

http://frillr.com/files/images/lebron%20james.jpg
LeBron has always been flat chested, not a really defined core. He not a heavy lifter terms of how much he can put up. However, he has thick bones and leg muscles that give him all his weight, and has been since he was a 15 year old freshman

Stop being an idiot. They have been doing pre measurements since the early 80's. LeBron elected not to do any testing because that could only hurt his stock

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2003&sort2=DESC&draft=15&pos=3&sort=

LeBron measured in at 6'7.25 w/o shoes and 245lbs

LebrickJames84'
04-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Hhahaha why is everything else in that row empty? They got tired of testing him? :oldlol: :oldlol: Your a joke thanks for proving me right. And noone said he wasnt 240 smart@ss. Were talking about when he was 17.
Are you mad Oden is a BY FAR superior athlete to Durant. Oden out performed him in everything including agility :oldlol: :oldlol:
And Oden isnt athletic :oldlol:

He was a year older you moron and had almost the same body. and lebron didnt have to test, that could only hurt his stock since he was the #1 pick

ZenMaster
04-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Say whaaat?

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Say whaaat?
Google Dwight Howard :oldlol:

joyner82
04-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Hhahaha why is everything else in that row empty? They got tired of testing him? :oldlol: :oldlol: Your a joke thanks for proving me right. And noone said he wasnt 240 smart@ss. Were talking about when he was 17.
Are you mad Oden is a BY FAR superior athlete to Durant. Oden out performed him in everything including agility :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yes I'm upset Greg Oden performed better than Kevin Durant on some agility drills.

LebrickJames84'
04-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Exactly to this day he hasnt stepped on a scale. And NO they just started measuring players vertical,agility, and all that somewhere in the last 5 to 6 years. Before that they never tested that stuff. Lol @ 80's. Why dont you think theirs no official vertical for Vince,Jordan,Kobe etc.
That pic was when he was already in the Nba. When he just turned 17 he wasnt even 200 just look at his frame.

so your saying he magically gain 50 lbs in a year, idiot barnes going to be a bust also

ZenMaster
04-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Google Dwight Howard :oldlol:

Why? You where talking about Oden.

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Yes I'm upset Greg Oden performed better than Kevin Durant on some agility drills.
agility,sprinting,vertical you name it and Oden outperformed him. And you say he's athletic :oldlol: :oldlol:

joyner82
04-11-2010, 08:27 AM
agility,sprinting,vertical you name it and Oden outperformed him. And you say he's athletic :oldlol: :oldlol:

And I said Durant was athletic where? Also just for the record Durant was 17 in college, the same age that Barnes is now. The difference is here are the dunks Durant was pulling off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0lDxkUzYTo

7'5" wingspan says hi

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
so your saying he magically gain 50 lbs in a year, idiot barnes going to be a bust also
When Lebron came into the league he wasn not 245. Theirs a reason he skipped the combine. Lebron now is 250. And can you tell the weight he put on since he was a rookie? .probably like 25-30 pounds. He came into the league at like 210-220. Lebron obviously lied about his size to make him seem more godly. If it was so true i dont think he wouldnt entertain the idea of coming to the draftBut you claimed he was 200 as a freshman:oldlol:
Admit you were wrong already

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:29 AM
And I said Durant was athletic where? Also just for the record Durant was 17 in college, the same age that Barnes is now. The difference is here are the dunks Durant was pulling off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0lDxkUzYTo

7'5" wingspan says hi
Barnes has higher vertical
END OF STORY

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Why? You where talking about Oden.
Howard is athletic. Oden is not

joyner82
04-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Barnes has higher vertical
END OF STORY

Durant is 3" taller and has a 5" longer wingspan. That basically makes him 6" taller than Barnes. GTFO

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Durant is 3" taller and has a 5" longer wingspan. That basically makes him 6" taller than Barnes. GTFO
Barnes 6'8
Durant 6'9
Quit lying
Barnes probably out jumps him by 7 to 8 inches

entropy35
04-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Harrison Barnes...lol

joyner82
04-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Barnes 6'8
Durant 6'9
Quit lying
Barnes probably out jumps him by 7 to 8 inches

LMGDAO

Durant was 6'10 1/4" in shoes at 18. Now he's around 6'11.

7 to 8 inches, OKAY. Ya he has a bigger vert than LeBron or VC. Cool.

Freshprince619
04-11-2010, 08:43 AM
LMGDAO

Durant was 6'10 1/4" in shoes at 18. Now he's around 6'11.

7 to 8 inches, OKAY. Ya he has a bigger vert than LeBron or VC. Cool.
Haha okay he is listed EVERYWHERE at 6'9 buddy. But if Joyner says he is 6'11 he is :oldlol: :oldlol:

ZenMaster
04-11-2010, 08:55 AM

I think for a 7 footer Oden is pretty damn athletic.

Saying Howard is athletic, Oden is not, is just too simple, even for you.

joyner82
04-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Haha okay he is listed EVERYWHERE at 6'9 buddy. But if Joyner says he is 6'11 he is :oldlol: :oldlol:

Height w/o Shoes 6' 9"
Height w/shoes 6' 10.25"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kevin-Durant-390/

Here is Phoenix's coach Alvin Gentry on Kevin Durant

"He's almost a 7-foot guy. That's the bottom line."

"I don't think you care who you put on him. What you can't do is you can't duplicate what he is, and that's a 6-11 guy with length and speed and shooting ability and ball-handling skills and things like that," Gentry said. "The closest guy is probably George Gervin, and he wasn't anywhere close to being as athletic or big as Durant is."

Gentry recalled seeing Durant standing next to the Suns' 6-foot-10 center, Amare Stoudemire, during the All-Star game and noticed that Durant was actually taller. Combine that with Durant's wingspan and it's hard to find anyone who can get a hand in the way of his jump shot.

wang4three
04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I've seen him play more than mixtapes. Guy is more like Tyreke Evans than Kobe or LeBron. He's not a super freak athlete by NBA standards but still a stand out one in comparison to most college players.

BIG FURB
04-11-2010, 10:13 AM
The kid's definitely special. Whether or not he progresses to "nba special" is still up in the air, but i fully expect for him to dominate in college

Samurai Swoosh
04-11-2010, 10:27 AM
His jumper is wet like chocha

GOBB
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I remember when every 6'10 kid with athletic ability was the next KG. Now we're flooded with the next Kobe, Lebron even tho those 2 players games are not identical. And watching his highlights he doesnt come across as either. But neither did most of those 6'10 kids with athletic ability aka next KG.

How old are you freshprince? 15?

indiefan24
04-11-2010, 11:05 AM

Poor mans Kevin Durant

durant sucks, nothing but a chucker

2LeTTeRS
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
http://frillr.com/files/images/lebron%20james.jpg
LeBron has always been flat chested, not a really defined core. He not a heavy lifter terms of how much he can put up. However, he has thick bones and leg muscles that give him all his weight, and has been since he was a 15 year old freshman

Stop being an idiot. They have been doing pre measurements since the early 80's. LeBron elected not to do any testing because that could only hurt his stock

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2003&sort2=DESC&draft=15&pos=3&sort=

LeBron measured in at 6'7.25 w/o shoes and 245lbs

Exactly to this day he hasnt stepped on a scale. And NO they just started measuring players vertical,agility, and all that somewhere in the last 5 to 6 years. Before that they never tested that stuff. Lol @ 80's. Why dont you think theirs no official vertical for Vince,Jordan,Kobe etc.
That pic was when he was already in the Nba. When he just turned 17 he wasnt even 200 just look at his frame.

When Lebron came into the league he wasn not 245. Theirs a reason he skipped the combine. Lebron now is 250. And can you tell the weight he put on since he was a rookie? .probably like 25-30 pounds. He came into the league at like 210-220. Lebron obviously lied about his size to make him seem more godly. If it was so true i dont think he wouldnt entertain the idea of coming to the draftBut you claimed he was 200 as a freshman:oldlol:
Admit you were wrong already

The string of stupidity you just displayed with these posts is amazing.

Papaya Petee
04-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Just from watching that mixtape he looks like he has a great jumpshot, but he doesn't really seem super athletic. It might be me but he looks like a stick.

Anyway, he should be a very good NBA player come his time.

steve
04-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Just from watching that mixtape he looks like he has a great jumpshot, but he doesn't really seem super athletic. It might be me but he looks like a stick.
Wait until you see him next to John Henson at North Carolina next season.

midatlantic09
04-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I think he'll be a Loul Deng type player in the NBA.
This talk about him being comparable to Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc. is absurd.

GiveItToBurrito
04-11-2010, 03:45 PM
He might wind up being the best player in his class, but, really, when was the last time a shooting guard got taken number 1? Is he really a good enough passer that he would be most natural as a point forward?

CeoTypeDoe619
04-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I remember when every 6'10 kid with athletic ability was the next KG. Now we're flooded with the next Kobe, Lebron even tho those 2 players games are not identical. And watching his highlights he doesnt come across as either. But neither did most of those 6'10 kids with athletic ability aka next KG.

How old are you freshprince? 15?
How often you do see a kid who has a better jump shot then 95% of the NBA?
I said impact of Lebron, Kobe not play like them j@ckass learn how to read. I said he is a hybrid of top players in the NBA

CeoTypeDoe619
04-11-2010, 04:10 PM
The string of stupidity you just displayed with these posts is amazing.
Wow you made me look stupid :rolleyes:
Scrubs these day smh

GOBB
04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
How often you do see a kid who has a better jump shot then 95% of the NBA?
I said impact of Lebron, Kobe not play like them j@ckass learn how to read. I said he is a hybrid of top players in the NBA

:roll: 95%? Where you pull that from...your ass?

CeoTypeDoe619
04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
:roll: 95%? Where you pull that from...your ass?
Who has a better jumpshot then him? Kobe, Dirk and then im stuck so its probably higher then that. His pull up is nicer then Jj, Pierce, Crawford,roy.
Just cuz you cant see talent dont get mad brah :oldlol:

GOBB
04-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Who has a better jumpshot then him? Kobe, Dirk and then im stuck so its probably higher then that. His pull up is nicer then Jj, Pierce, Crawford,roy.
Just cuz you cant see talent dont get mad brah :oldlol:

Yes the NBA lacks shooters outside of Kobe and Dirk. :rolleyes: