PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson trying to put spotlight on Kevin Durant "Preferential Treatment"

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 07:09 AM
"Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya," Jackson said Tuesday. "There's a couple plays in the last game where I was pretty curious how he got there."
:oldlol: :oldlol:
Refs might have to think twice before blowing the whistle on those bullsh*t calls he has been getting.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100414,0,6858090.story

joyner82
04-15-2010, 07:16 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0jhe4AbFCnY/SFCFos254II/AAAAAAAAA-8/mpragVBL3bM/s400/kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg

/thread

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 07:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0jhe4AbFCnY/SFCFos254II/AAAAAAAAA-8/mpragVBL3bM/s400/kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg

/thread
:no:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG-A_lfQlvI

joyner82
04-15-2010, 07:21 AM
:no:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG-A_lfQlvI

= :cry:

oh the horror
04-15-2010, 07:23 AM

/thread

And what does that have to do with Durant, and this season? You denying that Durant does have a ton of questionable stuff go on?

wally_world
04-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Underhanded tactics from the Zen Master. Durant is not impressed, he will still get the calls he deserve.

madmax
04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Phil Jackson of them all whining about preferential treatment:roll:

oh the horror
04-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Okay, but its not like Phil is LYING. I mean sh*t, lets be real Durant has been the new poster boy for "Preferential Treatment" this season. Im JUST sayin'

Pharcyde
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Kobe's getting the block foul called for him against the Bucks is 100x worse then anything Durant gets.

King Lebron LBJ
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Is it really mind games? it's clear Durant gets to the line alot and people do wonder how and why. I know Lebron does too but seems KD gets 15-20 a game when I look at the boxscores.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Kobe's getting the block foul called for him against the Bucks is 100x worse then anything Durant gets.
1 call > 10-20 free throws a game :ohwell:
Great logic

oh the horror
04-15-2010, 07:35 AM
There are times when Durant seems to get to the line more than an entire fu*king team at times....that doesnt seem right.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 07:37 AM
There are times when Durant seems to get to the line more than an entire fu*king team at times....that doesnt seem right.
Just like that boston game. at BOSTONS HOME!
I 'm pretty sure he shot 5 less free throws then the whole team

King Lebron LBJ
04-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Just like that boston game. at BOSTONS HOME!
I 'm pretty sure he shot 5 less free throws then the whole team

It's weird how other teams are picking up on this and mentioning it. KG went nuts in that game :oldlol:

brooks_thompson
04-15-2010, 07:42 AM
i get that he still does this every year just to put the idea in the refs' heads and let it simmer there, and there are some mentally shaky refs (ex. timid guy in utah) but it has not made an impact in years (if it ever did); it's just a smarmy tactic influenced by his own ego.

spursrule
04-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Laker pu$$ies. Durant is a great player and he doesn't get nearly as much preferential treatment as Kobe, and he doesn't whine like a baby on the non-calls. :cry:

Typical Phil mind crap.

Batz
04-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Everyone knows that Durant gets treatement but is Phil not one to talk...

King Lebron LBJ
04-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Laker pu$$ies. Durant is a great player and he doesn't get nearly as much preferential treatment as Kobe, and he doesn't whine like a baby on the non-calls. :cry:

Typical Phil mind crap.

The days of Kobe getting the calls are long gone.

oh the horror
04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Apparently no one is watching LA games this season, because Kobe doesnt get those calls like he used to. That is for damn sure.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
The days of Kobe getting the calls are long gone.
:oldlol: At least someone watches basketball

King Lebron LBJ
04-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Apparently no one is watching LA games this season, because Kobe doesnt get those calls like he used to. That is for damn sure.

True, whenever I see Kobe when he does get to the rim he does get hit alot with no calls. Kind of shocking to see.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 07:51 AM

Typical Phil mind crap.
Do guys just talk out their a$$ or is this a back up account trying to get some hate off their chest?

King Lebron LBJ
04-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Do guys just talk out their a$$ or is this a back up account trying to get some hate off their chest?

Same reason why there are trolls, to get attention.

LA_Showtime
04-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Good move by Phil. One, it's true. Two, this has been mentioned in the media a couple of times now. Wouldn't be surprised to see the refs consciously or subconsciously start letting defenders be physical with Durant more than they did earlier in the season.

1_BAD_TIGER
04-15-2010, 10:43 AM
That's what Phil does and has always done, he tries to get in the heads of his players, the opposing team, the officials, the fans, you name it and Phil's tried or has gotten in there head, I have no problem with this or trying to work the ref's to get calls, coaches do this every game. KD should get the calls he deservers, just like any player does, but we all know some players get favorable treatment and some have to have an arm chopped off to get a call. I would be surprised if Durrant get the calls in the playoff that he has gotten all year, come playoff time ref's tend to let the defenders get away with more contact, and a first time in the playoffs #8 seed against the defending champ and #1 seed; good luck getting favorable calls in that series. Phil's statements are just reminding the ref's to stick to normal procedure.

Jailblazers7
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Kobe and Durant both get calls. This will continue to get blown out of proportion.

chazzy
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
It'll be interesting to see how they ref Artest and Durant.. there are games where Artest is allowed to be physical (Nuggets), and others where he'll get called for the slightest contact.

oh the horror
04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
One thing is for certain....Artest WILL be in foul trouble during this series multiple times. He was brought on for such....so I suspect he WILL be getting into Durant's ass during games, and trying to knock him off his game.

gts
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Everyone knows that Durant gets treatement but is Phil not one to talk...
sure he is... he is the head coach of a team heading into the playoffs... all coaches do this in some manner or will throughout the course of a game or series... name me one coach that doesn't lobby for his team with the refs.. name me just one or be quiet

The posturing has begun between the Lakers and the Thunder.

Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson told reporters Wednesday that Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant gets preferential treatment from referees.

"Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya," Jackson said, according to The Oklahoman's Web site.

But Durant, who didn't get a key foul call at the end of a 140-139 overtime loss to the Jazz last week, wasn't happy with Jackson suggesting he's a pampered superstar.

"Because it's taking away from what I do," Durant said, according to The Oklahoman. "That's a part of my game, getting to the free-throw line and being aggressive. If you say that I get superstar calls or I get babied by the refs, that's just taking away from how I play. That's disrespectful to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5091485

Kingwillball
04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Phil is a B!tch when it comes to 'Conditioning Refs" about Players getting calls ect when he has one of the guys who gets away with more than just about anyone. I can already see it if they do meet Cavs in Finals "preparing Refs" on How Lebron gets all the Calls ect..

Kurosawa0
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Phil's been doing this stuff for years. It works too.

puppychili
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't blame Phil. I blame the refs for letting this crap get to them. Phil wouldn't do this if it didn't work on some level.

Doesn't matter though, Durant is gonna go off in this series.

liquidrage
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Phil's been doing this stuff for years. It works too.

It won't work. One because I'm awesome and said so. And two because Durant is going to get calls because he gets fouled a lot. He shoots with people in his grill because he can shot over them and they get his arms. And he's got great handles for a big man and gets himself in the lane where they have no choice but to foul. Durants going to get 8-10 FT's a game in this series no doubt.

Stephen_H
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Durant doesn't get any more BS calls than Kobe.

Durant's good at drawing the foul, due to his quickness, length and the fact that he is looking to draw contact.

KenneBell
04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Phil's been doing this for 20+ years and time and time again, it manages to make the other team respond in anger. Will they ever learn?

It doesn't even have to do with the refs. I think Phil does it more to get under the other team's skin.

oh the horror
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
It doesn't even have to do with the refs. I think Phil does it more to get under the other team's skin.

Agreed.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Phil can say what he wants. The bottom line is, Kobe has got Durant-like calls and star treatment for a very long time. Regular season, playoffs, and finals. I agree with what Phil is saying, but this is like me crying about the enviroment as I'm driving around in my Hummer that I use for a DD.

Kellogs4toniee
04-15-2010, 12:53 PM
It's a bi*tch move considering the amount of perennial treatment the refs have given his players in the past *Cough Jordan Cough Kobe*, but Phil knows he's being hypocritical. He's doing it intentionally to mess with the Refs, and the thing is it works. There's a reason why he will go down as one of if not the greatest NBA Coach once he's done.

What Durant says is entirely true. His game is now precipitated on getting to the line. I sort of wish he kept his response under wraps though, and just let his game do the talking.

Either way, this is only good news for us fans. It creates drama, incentive, story-lines, and ultimately thats' what we always complain about regarding the lack of when it comes to the NBA. Ultimately the Lakers will win with there size and depth, but I'm hoping Durant goes off A La Jordan 1986 against the Celtics. Having a 50+ game on national television in the playoffs would really help bring Durant out to the more general fans.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM
sure he is... he is the head coach of a team heading into the playoffs... all coaches do this in some manner or will throughout the course of a game or series... name me one coach that doesn't lobby for his team with the refs.. name me just one or be quiet

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5091485
Looks like Phil got in head. I guess his zen ish worked.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
And it begins. I fully expect the Lakers to "turn it around" getting loads of preferential calls all playoffs on there way to the championship this year and next year. The Phil will rid off into the sunset with 12 rings and prove he was in fact bigger than the refs and about as powerful as Stern when it comes to outcomes.

I watch the NBA because I love basketball and I have always watched, but at some point it just gets pretty annoying knowing that you aren't going to get to see athletic competition, but some weird altered state of sport that dabbles slightly into sports entertainment.

I've been saying it for a while now, no matter how much the Lakers struggle...they WILL 3 peat. Book it.

gts
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
And it begins. I fully expect the Lakers to "turn it around" getting loads of preferential calls all playoffs on there way to the championship this year and next year. The Phil will rid off into the sunset with 12 rings and prove he was in fact bigger than the refs and about as powerful as Stern when it comes to outcomes.

I watch the NBA because I love basketball and I have always watched, but at some point it just gets pretty annoying knowing that you aren't going to get to see athletic competition, but some weird altered state of sport that dabbles slightly into sports entertainment.

I've been saying it for a while now, no matter how much the Lakers struggle...they WILL 3 peat. Book it.
too funny

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 01:46 PM
too funny

Watch.

StacksOnDeck
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Did LA get preferential calls last year? :confusedshrug:

What about game 4 against Orlando when Magic got 16 fts to LA's 2 in the 4th? :rolleyes:

Did I see you complaining then?

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Did LA get preferential calls last year? :confusedshrug:

What about game 4 against Orlando when Magic got 16 fts to LA's 2 in the 4th? :rolleyes:

Did I see you complaining then?

The signature play of last years Finals is Kobe elbowing Jameer Nelson to the ground and dishing it out to Fisher for a free 3.

Last year is not a good example.

gts
04-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Watch.
oh i'm sorry.. i thought you were joking

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
oh i'm sorry.. i thought you were joking

I'm not joking. I've seen this show before. Rerun.

If Phil is starting this early you can only imagine what he will be saying in the coming rounds.

For some reason they always kiss his ass. If I were a ref and he kept talking sh*t about me I wouldn't respond by kissing his ass, but they always do.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
The signature play of last years Finals is Kobe elbowing Jameer Nelson to the ground and dishing it out to Fisher for a free 3.

Last year is not a good example.
Lol @ thinking that was a foul

gts
04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm not joking. I've seen this show before. Rerun.

If Phil is starting this early you can only imagine what he will be saying in the coming rounds.

For some reason they always kiss his ass. If I were a ref and he kept talking sh*t about me I wouldn't respond by kissing his ass, but they always do.

phil doesn't just talk to talk.. you know he's going to investigate something before he says anything.. he's been at this game a long long time...
the reason they may "kiss his ass" is because he's right, and actually points out real faults in the way games/players are officiated...

of course he's angling for an advantage, that's his job, and judging by durants comments phil just accomplished half his mission, he is in durants head...

this is no different then cuban or riley sending the league office tapes on certain players or refs.. or pops and his working of the refs... all coaches do it in some way... some are all over the refs from the tip off to the final horn, phil tends to sit back and let the refs do their thing during the game unless it's a blatantly horrible call then discuss it afterward when asked by the media, as he was in this case...

HeyMarkus
04-15-2010, 02:34 PM
its SAD AS HELL if something a COACH (bias) says in the public eye can affect the way a game is officiated.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
its SAD AS HELL if something a COACH (bias) says in the public eye can affect the way a game is officiated.
How is it sad when he is point out facts? KD did it and then look Durant no call foul against Utah. And Phils word is worth just a lil more then Garnetts

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Lol @ thinking that was a foul

That is a foul. Only for a select few players (probably 5 in the whole league) would that not be a foul.

Amil23
04-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Phil is my n**ga.He has no conscious or shame what so ever.He'll go in on anyone:rockon:

HeyMarkus
04-15-2010, 02:41 PM
How is it sad when he is point out facts? KD did it and then look Durant no call foul against Utah. And Phils word is worth just a lil more then Garnetts

My point is no player OR coach's 'word' should affect officiating, PERIOD. Phil is no more important than anyone.. and the fact they have to think 'oh, phils watching' is sad as hell. Shut your mouth phil and play like everyone else.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 02:45 PM
My point is no player OR coach's 'word' should affect officiating, PERIOD. Phil is no more important than anyone.. and the fact they have to think 'oh, phils watching' is sad as hell. Shut your mouth phil and play like everyone else.

This.

StacksOnDeck
04-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm convinced most Clipper fans have down syndrome like the poster in this thread. He hates the Lakers more than he likes the Clippers.

MagicalLA
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Joyner82 getting so mad in this thread.

:oldlol:

juju151111
04-15-2010, 02:58 PM
phil doesn't just talk to talk.. you know he's going to investigate something before he says anything.. he's been at this game a long long time...
the reason they may "kiss his ass" is because he's right, and actually points out real faults in the way games/players are officiated...

of course he's angling for an advantage, that's his job, and judging by durants comments phil just accomplished half his mission, he is in durants head...

this is no different then cuban or riley sending the league office tapes on certain players or refs.. or pops and his working of the refs... all coaches do it in some way... some are all over the refs from the tip off to the final horn, phil tends to sit back and let the refs do their thing during the game unless it's a blatantly horrible call then discuss it afterward when asked by the media, as he was in this case...
Phil sends in tapes through. The other coaches need to make it a proity to send in tapes of when LA players get BS to offset it and talk about it in the media. They need to stop shying away from it and complain, so Stern can say "oh shit"

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm convinced most Clipper fans have down syndrome like the poster in this thread. He hates the Lakers more than he likes the Clippers.

No I don't I watch both teams because I get every game for both teams. If the Lakers and Clippers are playing at the same time I watch the Clippers. I root on my team just like any other fan.

If I wasn't a Clipper fan I would still have the same detest for the Lakers because I think the league over the past 10 years has been very fraudulent in many ways and a lot of this discrepancy centers around the Lakers.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Phil sends in tapes through. The other coaches need to make it a proity to send in tapes of when LA players get BS to offset it and talk about it in the media. They need to stop shying away from it and complain, so Stern can say "oh shit"

Other coaches get fined when they do this. Phil rarely does. He gets fined about every 4 - 5 times he does this. Other coaches are fined each and every time.

gts
04-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Other coaches get fined when they do this. Phil rarely does. He gets fined about every 4 - 5 times he does this. Other coaches are fined each and every time.
phil does get fined, he's been fined 3 time in 2010 alone... but more importantly he picks his words wisely, he knows just what to say and when... when he gets fined you know 90% it's because he wanted to have a say and was willing to eat the fine... i imagine most coaches are well aware of what they can and can't say..

you're really starting to sound like whiny hatefilled fanboy here, sorry your team missed the playoffs but you need to get over it... at first i thought you were joking now i see you're just a joke

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
phil does get fined, he's been fined 3 time in 2010 alone... but more importantly he picks his words wisely, he knows just what to say and when... when he gets fined you know 90% it's because he wanted to have a say and was willing to eat the fine... i imagine most coaches are well aware of what they can and can't say..

you're really starting to sound like whiny hatefilled fanboy here, sorry your team missed the playoffs but you need to get over it... at first i thought you were joking now i see you're just a joke

And he's done this 10 times this year. I'm just stating the facts. I live in L.A. I listen to sports talk radio in L.A. He does this more often than is advertised to the nation.

You can call me a joke or whatever you want to call me right now. When what I said comes to pass you can just call me RIGHT.

Batz
04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Ah I'm a fool. It's just Phil and his mindgames and looks like it's working on Durant so far. Well done puppet master.

No.45
04-15-2010, 03:40 PM
damn you phil and your Jedi Mind Tricks.

HelterSkelter
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM
of all people.. PHIL JACKSON is the one whining for preferential treatment.. that motherf*cker

KD feel good about yourself.. Phil is afraid of you..

Phil suck my d*ck you can't make a team win without all this bullshyt..

the most overrated coach of all time. ALL TIME.

Desperado
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM

/thread

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4673/jordanor7.jpg

Jordan shoved Byron Russel to the floor then traveled in the '98 Finals.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20070818/ai_n19471922/

/thread

ProfessorMurder
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
I like how Phil Jackson says Durant gets a lot of fouls, and most agree...

But two weeks ago when KG said, "It felt like we were playing Michael f*cking Jordan out there." People say the Celtics were just b*tching.

Come on.

Batz
04-15-2010, 03:51 PM
of all people.. PHIL JACKSON is the one whining for preferential treatment.. that motherf*cker

KD feel good about yourself.. Phil is afraid of you..

Phil suck my d*ck you can't make a team win without all this bullshyt..

the most overrated coach of all time. ALL TIME.
PJ is just playing mindgames. Looks like it's working... :lol

juju151111
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
This article shuts down this thread.
http://www.frontofficefans.com/2010/4/15/1423918/hey-phil-theres-a-reason-why

Unless you think Kobe in 06 was a cheat too LA fans.

HelterSkelter
04-15-2010, 03:55 PM
PJ is just playing mindgames. Looks like it's working... :lol

yeah that's what i mean with the bullshyt.. it's f*ckn gay..

Scott Brooks needs to educate KD about that..

Batz
04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
yeah that's what i mean with the bullshyt.. it's f*ckn gay..

Scott Brooks needs to educate KD about that..
Dunno if it's been posted but Durant responded... What a tool... :banghead:

"Because it's taking away from what I do," Durant said, according to The Oklahoman. "That's a part of my game, getting to the free-throw line and being aggressive. If you say that I get superstar calls or I get babied by the refs, that's just taking away from how I play. That's disrespectful to me."I don't disrespect nobody in this league," Durant said, according to the report. "I respect every coach, every player, everybody. I never say anything bad about anybody else or question why they do this or do that. So for them to say that about me, I don't even want to use no foul language."

HelterSkelter
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Dunno if it's been posted but Durant responded... What a tool... :banghead:

oh lawd no..

can we call this PJ move child abuse? hahaha.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM

Ether for Phil.

HeyMarkus
04-15-2010, 04:44 PM
:roll: :roll: KD just SONNED P.J! :applause:

Sit DOWN, old man

phoenix18
04-15-2010, 04:51 PM

But two weeks ago when KG said, "It felt like we were playing Michael f*cking Jordan out there." People say the Celtics were just b*tching.

Come on.
http://gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/31/4503.end_2D00_of_2D00_thread_5F00_do_2D00_not_2D00 _post_2D00_more.jpg

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I agree. Officiating SHOULDNT be biased PERIOD! But it is and everybody knos that. They're not scared of Phil. They're scared after Phil points it out a lot of people will notice it to.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 04:53 PM
:oldlol: How do you know he gets fined when he sends in gametape of bad calls? Last time i checked you were allowed to do that :oldlol:
Talk about Mr. ConspiracyTheory

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 04:56 PM

:oldlol: Cuz stats tell the whole story? Durant gets the 2nd most Bs calls i ever seen behind Lebron. But if see this keeping up he will surpass Lebron

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 05:15 PM
in this thread idiots bring up 4 plays by kobe across his career as a counter argument to durant getting superstar calls all year. funny.

hitmanyr2k
04-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Durant's response was pure genius. He gave the league and officials respect and put himself in a better light above the pettiness of Phil's comments. If I'm a ref reading that response I would be inclined to give Durant more calls :oldlol:

That kid should be a politician.

GOBB
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
As an NBA coach (phil not me), i personally believe Phil should have kept his mouth shut rather than ensue a conspiracy theory exists with the league's reffing.

Yeah because refs dont give star players calls. :rolleyes:

A conspiracy theory is the NBA lottery being rigged. NOT accusing refs of giving a star player the benefit of a call. All you need to do is watch a rookie attack the basket like a star player does. The rookie will be hard pressed to get a call in his favor where the star gets it automatically. Many other examples, but I'm sure you typed that crap because you cheer for a guy who has been accused of special treatment.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to see that Durant,Kobe, and LeBron get special treatment. Especially LeBron. The thing is, it's no secret and no conspiracy. It's been going on for years and that's just how it is.

I have watched Kobe for a whole lot of years and always notice that he gets a lot of phantom calls. How many times have seen him cry after NOT getting a bogus call? He fully expects it...

Phil has 10 rings....every star that has played for him has received an enormous amount of special treatment....from MJ to Kobe to Shaq. What he is saying is right, but he's also being a huge hyporcrite.

A.M.G.
04-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Geez, talk about Kobe's coach calling the kettle Kobe.

Barton
04-15-2010, 05:55 PM
As all the TV commentators say, consistency is key. Kevin Durant has learned to draw out fouls and the few extras he gets awarded shouldn't distract from his game. Lakers get their share of preferential calls and no-calls. I'm rooting for the Lake show but look at some examples from the last few games--Fish no-call with the football screen against Portland to free up Kobe, Tyreke Evans's series of no-calls and ejection, etc. As Kobe's game wanes this season, his share of the preferential calls and no-calls has lessened, but Phil knows he gets his share.

It's probably also worth thinking about Durant's FT stats in the same way commentators have been going on about his scoring title. He carries a lot for that team. The more the shooting is shared, the less time one player spends at the stripe.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 05:56 PM
:oldlol: How do you know he gets fined when he sends in gametape of bad calls? Last time i checked you were allowed to do that :oldlol:
Talk about Mr. ConspiracyTheory

I'm not talking about sending in tape. I'm talking about making comments questioning the skills and integrity of the officials.

LA_Showtime
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
As all the TV commentators say, consistency is key. Kevin Durant has learned to draw out fouls and the few extras he gets awarded shouldn't distract from his game. Lakers get their share of preferential calls and no-calls. I'm rooting for the Lake show but look at some examples from the last few games--Fish no-call with the football screen against Portland to free up Kobe, Tyreke Evans's series of no-calls and ejection, etc. As Kobe's game wanes this season, his share of the preferential calls and no-calls has lessened, but Phil knows he gets his share.

It's probably also worth thinking about Durant's FT stats in the same way commentators have been going on about his scoring title. He carries a lot for that team. The more the shooting is shared, the less time one player spends at the stripe.

Are you shitting me? I would be the first person to admit it, but Kobe does not get any preferential treatment from the refs. Hell, because of his constant badgering, the refs occasionally let Kobe get hacked and they don't call anything.

crisoner
04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/357/4/6/Zen_Master_Phil_Jackson_by_rabman_gold.gif

Respect the ZEN MASTER!!!!

GOBB
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to see that Durant,Kobe, and LeBron get special treatment. Especially LeBron. The thing is, it's no secret and no conspiracy. It's been going on for years and that's just how it is.

I have watched Kobe for a whole lot of years and always notice that he gets a lot of phantom calls. How many times have seen him cry after NOT getting a bogus call? He fully expects it...

Phil has 10 rings....every star that has played for him has received an enormous amount of special treatment....from MJ to Kobe to Shaq. What he is saying is right, but he's also being a huge hyporcrite.

I wouldnt even call him a hypocrite. I'd say he is playing mind games. I'm pretty sure Phil is aware of the special treatment players who played with him have recieved and he may have even defended it back then. But the fact he has put this out there for the public, refs? If it gives L.A an edge on how refs will call Durant? He wins. Refs may not even care about what Phil has to say. But making a big stink about it especially when Phil knows he isnt the only one who sees Durant getting calls? If that helps his team in some kind of way? Eh, why not? :oldlol: Guy is all about the mental part of basketball, putting stuff in peoples minds.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I wouldnt even call him a hypocrite. I'd say he is playing mind games. I'm pretty sure Phil is aware of the special treatment players who played with him have recieved and he may have even defended it back then. But the fact he has put this out there for the public, refs? If it gives L.A an edge on how refs will call Durant? He wins. Refs may not even care about what Phil has to say. But making a big stink about it especially when Phil knows he isnt the only one who sees Durant getting calls? If that helps his team in some kind of way? Eh, why not? :oldlol: Guy is all about the mental part of basketball, putting stuff in peoples minds.

See that's the problem I have with Phil. Dude has 10 rings and is seen as the hands down most gifted coach in sports history. Not too mention that the Lakers are favored and the better team. How much more of an advantage do you want? I notice Kobe isn't out there making comments like this...game recognize game.

It doesn't really matter though. Seeing as Durant is 21 and at the beginning of his career, Phil and whomever else should get ready for the 10+ years of superstar treatment...or atleast 7-8. That shit won't stop.

DukeDelonte13
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah because refs dont give star players calls. :rolleyes:

A conspiracy theory is the NBA lottery being rigged. NOT accusing refs of giving a star player the benefit of a call. All you need to do is watch a rookie attack the basket like a star player does. The rookie will be hard pressed to get a call in his favor where the star gets it automatically. Many other examples, but I'm sure you typed that crap because you cheer for a guy who has been accused of special treatment.

um.. most rookies aren't gonna attack the basket like a star does, unless he is a star rookie... then he gets star calls... maybe these players get calls cause they are extremely tough to guard? that's my conspiracy theory.

Durant=GOAT
04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Kobe gets the same calls.

GOBB
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
um.. most rookies aren't gonna attack the basket like a star does, unless he is a star rookie... then he gets star calls... maybe these players get calls cause they are extremely tough to guard? that's my conspiracy theory.

Jrue Holiday attacks the basket like a star player and gets no call. Rookies do attempt to attack the basket. And maybe some are discouraged because they dont get the foul call. But its not just star rookie players. Unless you're calling Jrue a star rookie which he is not. :confusedshrug:

See that's the problem I have with Phil. Dude has 10 rings and is seen as the hands down most gifted coach in sports history. Not too mention that the Lakers are favored and the better team. How much more of an advantage do you want? I notice Kobe isn't out there making comments like this...game recognize game.

It doesn't really matter though. Seeing as Durant is 21 and at the beginning of his career, Phil and whomever else should get ready for the 10+ years of superstar treatment...or atleast 7-8. That shit won't stop.

I feel you.

Big#50
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Nobody associated with the Lakers should talk about special treatment.

chazzy
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Lmao, this is such an overblown story taken out of context. Did anyone actually listen to Phil's full comments or just go by the little blurb that ESPN provided, saying he suggested Durant get's preferential treatment? If anything, Phil complimented Durant because he said "he's done a good job of knowing how to draw contact and get to the line, which is a big part of scoring."

The fact that Durant actually felt "disrespected" by that and went on a rant about Jackson not giving him credit, even though that's EXACTLY what Phil did, is hilarious and shows how sensitive he is. Was he suggesting he gets treated like a superstar? Yes, and it is Phil just being Phil.. but to say he's being DISRESPECTFUL is laughable.

DukeDelonte13
04-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Jrue Holiday attacks the basket like a star player and gets no call. Rookies do attempt to attack the basket. And maybe some are discouraged because they dont get the foul call. But its not just star rookie players. Unless you're calling Jrue a star rookie which he is not. :confusedshrug:

I feel you.

Ok you named 1 rookie. :applause: But i still don't think he attacks the basket like Bron or Melo does. :oldlol: I'm sure the kids that have ability aren't "discouraged" because they won't get the call so they don't do it.
You dumb. :oldlol: You didn't even understand my post!

The best offensive players are more prone to drawing fouls than the average NBA player!

Fatal9
04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Players with Durant's build are always going to get weak calls. It's the same reason Bosh shoots 10 FTs a game, and Reggie Miller shot nearly as many FTs as prime Jordan. These skinny players can never handle contact and get knocked down after the slightest touch. The same fouls that knock Durant to the floor, Lebron finishes with because he can take the contact and not make it look like a foul. It's not fun to watch at all and refs should stop catering to these p*ssies. Being a Raptor fan, I've never been a fan of Bosh's game because of this.

chazzy
04-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Being a Raptor fan, I've never been a fan of Bosh's game because of this.
You're a Raptor fan?

Fatal9
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
You're a Raptor fan?
yea. not hardcore or anything, but I do cheer for them because they are the local team.

golddigger31
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Seems to me Phil Jackson is getting a little insecure about the state of his team if he is worried about Oklahoma City

GOBB
04-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Ok you named 1 rookie. :applause: But i still don't think he attacks the basket like Bron or Melo does. :oldlol: I'm sure the kids that have ability aren't "discouraged" because they won't get the call so they don't do it.

Named 1 rookie? Even star players when they were rookies didnt get special calls during thier time. Sorry you're incapable of following a simple point nor having any understanding that special treatment has always been given over the years in the NBA and rookies have to "earn" it, get respect. You've never watched a game when a younger player doesnt get a foul call and the commentator says "One day you'll get that call", "When you get more seasons under your belt that call is made"?

What do you mean attack the basket like Bron and Melo? Its simple, you take your man off the dribble and attack the basket. Upon attacking a help defender slides over to contest you. Body contact is made. Now guys like Melo and Bron attack the rim differently than the average player? :oldlol:

I doubt you watch much basketball outside of the Cavs honestly with the crap you're typing.

The best offensive players are more prone to getting foul calls than the average NBA player does!

Fixed.

Even KG made reference to Durant getting all the calls "What is he Michael Jordan or something?". I guess KG is oblivious like you to players getting special treatment. I mean hey KG wake up, Durant just attacks the basket like Melo/Bron thats why he gets the call buddy. He doesnt attack it like a rookie (make that non star rookie!). Brandon Jennings is another who drives and gets beat up, no call. I shouldnt have to run down rookies over the years for some simpleton to understand the point.

Face it, you are a fan of a guy who gets accused for special treamtent when it comes to refs be it fouls or illegal moves. Of course you'll make up some moronic argument to spin it like avertage players are just incapable of drawing contact and getting a foul. They attack it just like Bron but its "different" then how he does it. :rolleyes:

Batz
04-15-2010, 06:53 PM

The best offensive players are more prone to drawing fouls than the average NBA player!
Rose, Rondo, Nelson, Harris, J-Jack, Brookes, Parker, Flynn and so on. There are a lot of aggresive drivers who don't get nearly as much FTAs. It's a stupid excuse to use. To say Lebron and Durant don't get treatment is just an ignorant statement.

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Kobe gets 0 star treatment. Do you guys even watch Laker games or do you just see the 2-4 bad calls (note: bad calls, not preferential calls) he gets every couple of seasons while ignoring the huge amount of bogus calls he gets against him? The man shot 0 free throws in multiple games this year, if that happened to lebron then stern would be apologizing! Kobe is the only super star that got such unfair treatment the laker staff during the 3 peat sent a multiple season multiple hour clip of flat out bogus calls going against him, and it changed NOTHING!

It doesn't/shouldn't infuriate any long time Laker fans like myself and others that Kobe doesn't get those calls, we know this and accept it. However it just pisses me off when all these tards say Kobe gets preferential treatment but can't show me 1(!!!) 5 minute clip of him getting these so called star calls, but there are MULTIPLE 10+ minute clips of all stars getting bs calls.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Kobe gets 0 star treatment. Do you guys even watch Laker games or do you just see the 2-4 bad calls (note: bad calls, not preferential calls) he gets every couple of seasons while ignoring the huge amount of bogus calls he gets against him? The man shot 0 free throws in multiple games this year, if that happened to lebron then stern would be apologizing! Kobe is the only super star that got such unfair treatment the laker staff during the 3 peat sent a multiple season multiple hour clip of flat out bogus calls going against him, and it changed NOTHING!

It doesn't/shouldn't infuriate any long time Laker fans like myself and others that Kobe doesn't get those calls, we know this and accept it. However it just pisses me off when all these tards say Kobe gets preferential treatment but can't show me 1(!!!) 5 minute clip of him getting these so called star calls, but there are MULTIPLE 10+ minute clips of all stars getting bs calls.

LOL Kobe has never got star calls. You are the most delusional of fans.

Are you really arguing that during the 3 peat Kobe didn't get calls ?

HILARIOUS !!!

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:05 PM

HILARIOUS !!!

Not consistently and not as much as the stars of that time or this time, no.

I'm seeing words again, not videos. Words won't convince me.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Anybody saying Kobe never gets calls need to go back and watch the Kings/Lakers series or the Finals. Hell, just watch the whole 3 peat. If it weren't for some of those calls, they wouldn't have won....

Fatal9
04-15-2010, 07:07 PM

Anyone who has watched the games without an agenda would know this. There's a reason his name came up so many times in the thread about players who get the most disrespect from officials. I think he's bitched at the refs enough over the years that they are annoyed by him (plus he is polarizing enough to begin with). Remember when NBA punished him by suspending him for the "unnatural motion" stuff when dozens of other players have done the same thing? Anyone telling me Lebron would ever get suspended over that WITHOUT ever even getting a warning? It's weird...some nights he does see star treatment, but most nights he gets mugged without ever getting a call. Remember this game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k ...how many times have we seen him get robbed like this?

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Anybody saying Kobe never gets calls need to go back and watch the Kings/Lakers series or the Finals. Hell, just watch the whole 3 peat. If it weren't for some of those calls, they wouldn't have won....

that series was 1 game lakers got treatment, 1 game kings. No player in particular got special treatment, it was more like the entire team. Refs were pathetic.

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Anyone who has watched the games without an agenda would know this. There's a reason his name came up so many times in the thread about players who get the most disrespect from officials. I think he's bitched at the refs enough over the years that they are annoyed by him (plus he is polarizing enough to begin with). Remember when NBA punished him by suspending him for the "unnatural motion" stuff when dozens of other players have done the same thing? Anyone telling me Lebron would ever get suspended over that WITHOUT ever even getting a warning? It's weird...some nights he does see star treatment, but most nights he gets mugged without ever getting a call. Remember this game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k ...how many times have we seen him get robbed like this?

Happens too often to name. Let's not forget that Matt Barnes would probably be suspended indefinitely from the league if he taunted lebron like he did Kobe. How do you not even get a technical for faking a pass like that to someone's face? This isn't the playground, what if the ball slipped out and broke Kobe's nose? What happened to protecting the players?

It's a joke, but somehow no one seems to talk about that...

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
that series was 1 game lakers got treatment, 1 game kings. No player in particular got special treatment, it was more like the entire team. Refs were pathetic.

Yeah that's true. Kobe did got his fair share of questionable calls, though. Overall the Kings got ****ed........

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah that's true. Kobe did got his fair share of questionable calls, though. Overall the Kings got ****ed........

So did everyone else on the Lakers, and then next game for the Kings. Weird series and pretty ironic to be decided in a game 7 that was rather equally reffed by Kings.. missing free throws of all things. Funny.

Anyways look how quiet it got after I asked for video proof. I love it.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Happens too often to name. Let's not forget that Matt Barnes would probably be suspended indefinitely from the league if he taunted lebron like he did Kobe. How do you not even get a technical for faking a pass like that to someone's face? This isn't the playground, what if the ball slipped out and broke Kobe's nose? What happened to protecting the players?

It's a joke, but somehow no one seems to talk about that...

I'm pretty sure that the angle that we saw was different than the one Kobe saw. There is no way that Kobe doesn't flinch even a little if the ball is coming directly at his face. I don't believe he is that tough. Still, there was no need for Barnes to do any of that.

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that the angle that we saw was different than the one Kobe saw. There is no way that Kobe doesn't flinch even a little if the ball is coming directly at his face. I don't believe he is that tough. Still, there was no need for Barnes to do any of that.

It didn't seem like it, and when they asked Kobe it definitely seemed like it was legit. Kobe is obviously talked about a lot here, one story a few weeks back was how reporters were in the tunnel of staples or something and a bunch of birds flew in while kobe was talked, all the reporters ducked and kobe didn't flinch.

I don't know why reporters would lie about something like that, so I believe it. Kobe is a badass.

Batz
04-15-2010, 07:26 PM

HILARIOUS !!!
Oh no doubt, but this season I've noticed how refs let defenders get really physical with Kobe. Almost too physical and they don't call anything. He doesn't get the treatment anymore.

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex97Yy0q4Os&feature=player_embedded

And countless more...

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 07:31 PM
It didn't seem like it, and when they asked Kobe it definitely seemed like it was legit. Kobe is obviously talked about a lot here, one story a few weeks back was how reporters were in the tunnel of staples or something and a bunch of birds flew in while kobe was talked, all the reporters ducked and kobe didn't flinch.

I don't know why reporters would lie about something like that, so I believe it. Kobe is a badass.

Have you heard people in LA talk about Kobe? They will say anything in order to put dude on a pedestal. I personally don't believe Barnes threw it in front of his face...more like really close but to the side.

After watching the clip one more time, I'm 99% positive the ball wasn't directly in front of his face...

gts
04-15-2010, 07:32 PM

Come on.

Phil on Durant when asked if Durant was the next big Superstar (torchbearer)

But when I asked whether Durant could eventually become the torchbearer of the NBA, Jackson's praise came in a different context.

"Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya." Jackson said Tuesday

After the laughter subdued, Jackson continued. "There's a couple plays in the last game where I was pretty curious how he got there," he said. "He really has a reputation as one of the hot points in the league."

"So, you think it looks like Durant has learned the tricks of the trade," I asked Jackson.

"Yeah, you go there," he said, "create contact and you hope you get to the line."

KG on Durant when asked about Durant getting to the line...

"I thought we was playing Michael F*****g Jordan tonight, the way he was getting the whistle," Garnett said. "Durant damn near shot more free throws than our whole team. That's the game."

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh no doubt, but this season I've noticed how refs let defenders get really physical with Kobe. Almost too physical and they don't call anything. He doesn't get the treatment anymore.

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex97Yy0q4Os&feature=player_embedded

And countless more...

This season they have treated Kobe like he was just another guy a lot, but to say he has never gotten preferential treatment is just ridiculous

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Have you heard people in LA talk about Kobe? They will say anything in order to put dude on a pedestal. I personally don't believe Barnes threw it in front of his face...more like really close but to the side.

After watching the clip one more time, I'm 99% positive the ball wasn't directly in front of his face...

You can "believe" what you want but it's pretty obvious that it was in front of his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLpaifGurw

That's the video I just watched and it is absolutely obvious that it's in front of his face.

Not only is it obvious but to think that not only the reporters but also Kobe lied about it is.. pretty ridiculous to say the least.

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
This season they have treated Kobe like he was just another guy a lot, but to say he has never gotten preferential treatment is just ridiculous

PROOF! PROOF! PROOF!

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Not consistently and not as much as the stars of that time or this time, no.

I'm seeing words again, not videos. Words won't convince me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yw-A0v8EsQ

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rAT3roUSk

Come on Laker fan. Be a little objective

Kobe and Shaq's 3 peat Lakers...comedy not sport

Batz
04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
He's wearing #8... We're talking about right now... :banghead:

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Well, you convinced me. All this time I watched every Laker game thinking Wow, why does Kobe never get preferential calls.. All this time I thought I was right. But woe is me, for I have missed that lone call which undoubtedly makes up for the thousands of other bad calls.

In case you don't understand sarcasm: That's 1 call from a questionable angle, but let's say that it was a bad call (it probably was). Do you really think that's gonna convince me? I'm gonna need to see consistent footage, across MULTIPLE games to change my opinion.

And trust me when I say this, however unlikely you may think it is, I WANT to be convinced that Kobe is treated like a super star. I just haven't seen the proof yet. Show me the proof, someone.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:43 PM
There's so many Kobe stans out there there are VERY little negative vids of him on Youtube

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Well, you convinced me. All this time I watched every Laker game thinking Wow, why does Kobe never get preferential calls.. All this time I thought I was right. But woe is me, for I have missed that lone call which undoubtedly makes up for the thousands of other bad calls.

In case you don't understand sarcasm: That's 1 call from a questionable angle, but let's say that it was a bad call (it probably was). Do you really think that's gonna convince me? I'm gonna need to see consistent footage, across MULTIPLE games to change my opinion.

And trust me when I say this, however unlikely you may think it is, I WANT to be convinced that Kobe is treated like a super star. I just haven't seen the proof yet. Show me the proof, someone.

He just got a free throw for no reason whatsoever with no contact. This happened A LOT for him over his career.

To say anything contrary is delusional.

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rAT3roUSk

Come on Laker fan. Be a little objective

Kobe and Shaq's 3 peat Lakers...comedy not sport

You can find the same bad calls going in Kings favor that series. It was a terribly officiated series. Every call was questionable, not for Kobe only but for EVERYONE. You can't use 1 series that was just plain AWFUL for EVERY PLAYER as a black eye on Kobe for the entire 3 peat. That's 1 series out of what, 32 (wild guess)? How does that make up for the other 31 series?

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
You can "believe" what you want but it's pretty obvious that it was in front of his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLpaifGurw

That's the video I just watched and it is absolutely obvious that it's in front of his face.

Not only is it obvious but to think that not only the reporters but also Kobe lied about it is.. pretty ridiculous to say the least.

Hey, the ball was close to his face...I'm not denying that. From what I see, doesn't look like it's directly in front of his face. That's all I'm saying. I was watching the exact same video.

Why would Kobe or the reporters clarify it anyway? It's not like it's anything important...just makes for a good post-game interview. Nobody even talks about it now...except for random cats on ISH

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
There's so many Kobe stans out there there are VERY little negative vids of him on Youtube

Hahah yes the illumaniti/kobe fans run youtube.

He just got a free throw for no reason whatsoever with no contact. This happened A LOT for him over his career.

To say anything contrary is delusional.

SHOW.......ME.......................! im not gonna repeat myself anymore idiot, you need to show me videos of it happening multiple times, multiple games, multiple years to change my opinion. Anything less is bullshit. end of story.

LAClipsFan33
04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5RMFt5u8

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5RMFt5u8

Mind showing me game 3? =)

maybe game 4 I'm not sure. I get them confused.

PS: Clippers fan, you owe me 2 hours of my life. I went to a clippers game one time because I had free tickets and watched baron davis miss a wide open layup to make it a 3 pt game with a minute left vs utah or something like that. Everyone got up, started booing and left. What nice fans you have =). I think u guys have more laker haters than clipper lovers XD

U got Served
04-15-2010, 07:48 PM

You're not going to get any youtube videos as "proof". :oldlol: Stars get calls, take a look at the free throws made leaders, wouldn't it make sense if most of them were stars?

...and lol at some of you posters...

Yeah, Kobe USED to get preferential treatment, but we're talking 'bout today's Kobe.

Pretty hypocritical IMHO

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 07:50 PM
You're not going to get any youtube videos as "proof". :oldlol: Stars get calls, take a look at the free throws made leaders, wouldn't it make sense if most of them were stars?

Yeah, Kobe USED to get preferential treatment, but we're talking 'bout today's Kobe.

Pretty hypocritical IMHO

of course I won't, because they don't exist. I can get youtube videos as proof for lebron, durant and wade though!

Free throws given =/= how much free throws deserved

I gotta go now guys, I'll try and check this later if I remember but I know u guys don't have proof to support your argument.. Believe me I have scoured youtube. you're just wasting your time, just understand kobe doesnt get the same star treatment that others get. Its not a big deal, just accept it. Bye

Batz
04-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Pretty hypocritical IMHO
We are talking about Kobe right now... I don't know why is he posting videos of the past when it was obvious of Kobe's treatement. But we're talking about right now...

LA_Showtime
Kobe does not get star treatment, at least on a regular basis. That's what annoys me the most. One night Kobe will drive to the rim and get no calls. The next night he'll play the exact same way and they'll reward him. Regardless of how you decide to officiate him, at least be consistent!

thejumpa
Furthermore, I've never heard anyone say that Kobe doesn't or hasn't recieved superstar treatment. THAT, is ridiculous. Can someone find a video on youtube? Ehh maybe not...but who cares?

Every superstar gets treated a certain way and gets calls. Kobe is no different. He may not get it as much as LeBron or Durant but it's there...from his #8 days to #24. That's how the NBA is. If you are a rookie, you don't get those kind of calls (typically). If you are a superstar, you will get them. Seriously, I thought this was common knowledge.

LA_Showtime
04-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Actually, I take back what I said. Kobe gets star treatment to a certain extent--the referees do a great job at holding their tongue when he's badgering them.

50inchvertical
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
***** move on Phil's part, and I bet he doesn't even get fined.

Aside from the double negatives, KD's response was genius. If refs can be influenced, then I'm looking at his comment like he came to my defense, even despite the fact we screwed him royally a week ago. 50/50 calls, I'm leaning with this kid.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Imagine Terrence Williams yapping at the refs like Kobe does sometimes....it would be a wrap.

RoseCity07
04-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Some of yall are mad cause Durant is just good. He does get fouled a lot and goes down when he gets contact. 8 times out of 10 they are legit calls.

chazzy
04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Imagine Terrence Williams yapping at the refs like Kobe does sometimes....it would be a wrap.

Kobe's around 3rd in the league in technicals this year

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Kobe's around 3rd in the league in technicals this year

Maybe he should be #1.

gts
04-15-2010, 08:05 PM

here ya go, hope this soothes your soul...

Jackson fined $35,000 again by the NBA
April 15, 2010 | 3:53 pm
Lakers Coach Phil Jackson was fined $35,000 for the second time in as many weeks for criticizing officials, the NBA announced Thursday.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/04/jackson-fined-35000-again-by-the-nba.html

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 08:34 PM
here ya go, hope this soothes your soul...

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/04/jackson-fined-35000-again-by-the-nba.html
There goes Clipperfans Conspiracy Theory :oldlol:

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Furthermore, I've never heard anyone say that Kobe doesn't or hasn't recieved superstar treatment. THAT, is ridiculous. Can someone find a video on youtube? Ehh maybe not...but who cares?

Every superstar gets treated a certain way and gets calls. Kobe is no different. He may not get it as much as LeBron or Durant but it's there...from his #8 days to #24. That's how the NBA is. If you are a rookie, you don't get those kind of calls (typically). If you are a superstar, you will get them. Seriously, I thought this was common knowledge.

You must have missed the "most disrespected player" thread a month or so ago, kobe was regarded as 1st or 2nd by way more than 50% of the posters.

That logic is ridiculous... We don't have any proof, but since its Kobe im sure he gets star calls :/ however I think that is the problem.. Everyone understands that superstars get superstar calls, so when they don't watch day in and day out they assume Kobe gets them as well. It's a fair assumption, after all, there is no logical explanation as to why he wouldn't get them. He just doesn't.

Lebron, Durant, Wade get super star calls. They deserve them. Kobe deserves them as well, but I promise you.. he does not get them. It's ridiculous, but he just doesn't get them. I can prove to you that lebron, durant and wade do, and no matter how much I want to prove Kobe does get them (consistently) I cannot. And you can't either. But yet, every time I have this argument and we reach this conclusion, I get a response back saying I'm wrong and Kobe gets super star calls / benefit of teh doubt calls/ etc consistently and has all his career. Is there a video in that post? take a guess.

=/

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe he should be #1.

maybe lebron, wade or durant should be in foul trouble a few times a year? Whens the last time they had to sit down because they have 3 fouls in the first half? Kobe has to probably once a month or 2. And we all know Kobe exerts way less effort on defense than they do.

It's a joke, and I'm tired of having this argument. Hopefully it will change for the playoffs though, I've always wanted to see what Kobe can do if he got a foul every time he drove to the rim like lebron, wade and others. Oh well, a fan can dream =D

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
maybe lebron, wade or durant should be in foul trouble a few times a year? Whens the last time they had to sit down because they have 3 fouls in the first half? Kobe has to probably once a month or 2. And we all know Kobe exerts way less effort on defense than they do.

It's a joke, and I'm tired of having this argument. Hopefully it will change for the playoffs though, I've always wanted to see what Kobe can do if he got a foul every time he drove to the rim like lebron, wade and others. Oh well, a fan can dream =D
Me too :/

Hopefully he gets mad respect in playoffs

50inchvertical
04-15-2010, 09:29 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gDmjMnX17DI/SRVscK35dGI/AAAAAAAAAko/lfcUZYBnUU4/s320/capt.57e5e0959f5d413d9872e9b793ff6db2.thunder_jazz _basketball_slcj108.jpg

Wish he would've gotten this "superstar call" and we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. Phil would be bitching about something the Blazers or Spurs do

It should also be noted Durant is 5th in the league in dunks, so he obviously is attacking nonstop. That's really how he "gets calls," constant movement and attacking.

Rarely does he just stand still on an offensive possession

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Everyone understands that superstars get superstar calls, so when they don't watch day in and day out they assume Kobe gets them as well. It's a fair assumption, after all, there is no logical explanation as to why he wouldn't get them. He just doesn't.

Lebron, Durant, Wade get super star calls. They deserve them. Kobe deserves them as well, but I promise you.. he does not get them. It's ridiculous, but he just doesn't get them. I can prove to you that lebron, durant and wade do, and no matter how much I want to prove Kobe does get them (consistently) I cannot. And you can't either. But yet, every time I have this argument and we reach this conclusion, I get a response back saying I'm wrong and Kobe gets super star calls / benefit of teh doubt calls/ etc consistently and has all his career. Is there a video in that post? take a guess.

=/

It's not that you are wrong, it's just you put too much emphasis on finding proof through a YouTube video. I watch a lot of basketball. Hell, I live in LA. It's not like I don't see the guy play.

From fouls to illegal moves to yapping at the refs, he gets the superstar treatment. He has played 14 seasons and is one of the best to ever do it...he deserves the calls. If you can't see the superstar treatment that Kobe has received over the years, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess we can agree to disagree on that one.

This year it seems that refs have clamped down on some things, so it may not be as obvious this year. The next wave of superstars may get more calls than him....I understand that. BTW....it has nothing to do with being "Kobe". It's about being a superstar and representative for the league IMO....

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 09:44 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gDmjMnX17DI/SRVscK35dGI/AAAAAAAAAko/lfcUZYBnUU4/s320/capt.57e5e0959f5d413d9872e9b793ff6db2.thunder_jazz _basketball_slcj108.jpg

Wish he would've gotten this "superstar call" and we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. Phil would be bitching about something the Blazers or Spurs do

It should also be noted Durant is 5th in the league in dunks, so he obviously is attacking nonstop. That's really how he "gets calls," constant movement and attacking.

Rarely does he just stand still on an offensive possession

That was a clear foul, sucks for you guys. I can show you something better though! Now that durant call was at the end of a game, from 30 feet away. Think back to the 2nd game LA had @ Maimi... Close game, a few minutes left Kobe pulls up for an 18 foot jumper. IT WAS 12 FEET SHORT. On the replay and live, Wade literally hits him above the elbow, it was clear as day. No call!

Another thing that separates those things is obviously that Garnetts words had something to do with it. When has any sportscaster or player said that Kobe gets too much star treatment? I understand the difference in saying a 21 year old KD gets it, and the face of the NBA for the last 10 years but the point remains. Also, don't you find it strange how everyone STILL says Kobe is the best player in the league? Is it respect, is it politically correct, or do the players understand he doesn't get the treatment that the other top 3 players get? I don't have an answer for that, but it's food for thought.

It's not that you are wrong, it's just you put too much emphasis on finding proof through a YouTube video. I watch a lot of basketball. Hell, I live in LA. It's not like I don't see the guy play.

From fouls to illegal moves to yapping at the refs, he gets the superstar treatment. He has played 14 seasons and is one of the best to ever do it...he deserves the calls. If you can't see the superstar treatment that Kobe has received over the years, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess we can agree to disagree on that one.

This year it seems that refs have clamped down on some things, so it may not be as obvious this year. The next wave of superstars may get more calls than him....I understand that. BTW....it has nothing to do with being "Kobe". It's about being a superstar and representative for the league IMO....

I watch every game myself and like I said, I'd like to see Kobe get that kind of treatment. Maybe I don't notice it, I'll try to make it more of a point to watch for in the playoffs but I ask for youtube videos because, frankly, I don't notice it during the games. The few games per year i watch lebron and wade, I notice it. I'm not ruling out bias there though, so all I ask is video proof of these calls I may or may not be missing. If i asked for that proof for lebron and wade, it would happen. but not kobe, and just be honest, what does that tell you?

Kobe gets technicals for screaming at the refs after fouls. It's 2 sided, would Kobe get as many technicals if he felt he was treated fairly by the refs? Why would the refs give him treatment on the technicals but not on the thing that actually makes him get the T's?

If we can't agree on needing proof to sustain an argument, and we can't agree on Kobe not getting super star calls.. Can we agree on Kobe not being protected by the refs? I mean that as, the guy is the face of the league and as big of a superstar as there is today, can he at LEAST get a little from the refs when someone is taunting him or pushing him? In that clip of matt barnes, after the ball fake (lets say it WASNT in front of his face) he literally bulldozes into Kobe and just pushes him aside. How is that allowed?

juju151111
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
That was a clear foul, sucks for you guys. I can show you something better though! Now that durant call was at the end of a game, from 30 feet away. Think back to the 2nd game LA had @ Maimi... Close game, a few minutes left Kobe pulls up for an 18 foot jumper. IT WAS 12 FEET SHORT. On the replay and live, Wade literally hits him above the elbow, it was clear as day. No call!

Another thing that separates those things is obviously that Garnetts words had something to do with it. When has any sportscaster or player said that Kobe gets too much star treatment? I understand the difference in saying a 21 year old KD gets it, and the face of the NBA for the last 10 years but the point remains. Also, don't you find it strange how everyone STILL says Kobe is the best player in the league? Is it respect, is it politically correct, or do the players understand he doesn't get the treatment that the other top 3 players get? I don't have an answer for that, but it's food for thought.

I watch every game myself and like I said, I'd like to see Kobe get that kind of treatment. Maybe I don't notice it, I'll try to make it more of a point to watch for in the playoffs but I ask for youtube videos because, frankly, I don't notice it during the games. The few games per year i watch lebron and wade, I notice it. I'm not ruling out bias there though, so all I ask is video proof of these calls I may or may not be missing. If i asked for that proof for lebron and wade, it would happen. but not kobe, and just be honest, what does that tell you?

Kobe gets technicals for screaming at the refs after fouls. It's 2 sided, would Kobe get as many technicals if he felt he was treated fairly by the refs? Why would the refs give him treatment on the technicals but not on the thing that actually makes him get the T's?

If we can't agree on needing proof to sustain an argument, and we can't agree on Kobe not getting super star calls.. Can we agree on Kobe not being protected by the refs? I mean that as, the guy is the face of the league and as big of a superstar as there is today, can he at LEAST get a little from the refs when someone is taunting him or pushing him? In that clip of matt barnes, after the ball fake (lets say it WASNT in front of his face) he literally bulldozes into Kobe and just pushes him aside. How is that allowed?
Kobe was getting 10 Fts per game in 06. WTF are you talking about?? The stats show KD drives more and is more agressive. This isn't 06 Kobe who goes to the rim all the time. This is Post up and jumpshot Kobe.

juju151111
04-15-2010, 10:08 PM

Go watch Kobe in 06 to see that.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
If i asked for that proof for lebron and wade, it would happen. but not kobe, and just be honest, what does that tell you?

What does it tell me? I don't know. Just to clarify, I'm not debating on whether LeBron gets more or less superstar treatment than Kobe. Maybe it's just really obvious that LeBron or Wade get more calls at this point in their careers?

Protected? Nah, I don't think he is and that's good for the game. Nobody should be "protected" and I don't think anybody is. LeBron gets phantom calls, but they also miss a lot. He gets smacked on every trip towards the rim. Same with Wade....not sure about KD to be honest.

They did the right thing with Matt Barnes. Give the guy a T and tell him to cut it out. Honestly, I thought he would be ejected and was surprised when they let him stay. However, even though Kobe remained "calm" throughout the game, you could tell Barnes was in his head. He tried to do too much and prove a point. It's times like that that refs should not over-officiate the game. It makes for good basketball and great finishes...that's what we want to see right?

The_Yearning
04-15-2010, 10:15 PM
You must have missed the "most disrespected player" thread a month or so ago, kobe was regarded as 1st or 2nd by way more than 50% of the posters.

That logic is ridiculous... We don't have any proof, but since its Kobe im sure he gets star calls :/ however I think that is the problem.. Everyone understands that superstars get superstar calls, so when they don't watch day in and day out they assume Kobe gets them as well. It's a fair assumption, after all, there is no logical explanation as to why he wouldn't get them. He just doesn't.

=/

Your retarded yourself. I don't think you watch Kobe during games trying to draw fouls do you? Kobe has lost a step and his explosiveness, so when he attacks the rim it's Paul Pierce like slow so its easy to stop his ass and so damn easy to see that it's not a foul. Cause it's not. When you see Kobe yelling at the refs for the foul call, it's out of frustration that he ain't good enough to draw the contact anymore and he himself knows it was the right legit call.

Kobe should stick to posting up and the Sam Cassell move. You spent all summer working on your post game and nothing to show for it. C'mon son.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 10:17 PM
What does it tell me? I don't know. Just to clarify, I'm not debating on whether LeBron gets more or less superstar treatment than Kobe. Maybe it's just really obvious that LeBron or Wade get more calls at this point in their careers?

Protected? Nah, I don't think he is and that's good for the game. Nobody should be "protected" and I don't think anybody is. LeBron gets phantom calls, but they also miss a lot. He gets smacked on every trip towards the rim. Same with Wade....not sure about KD to be honest.

They did the right thing with Matt Barnes. Give the guy a T and tell him to cut it out. Honestly, I thought he would be ejected and was surprised when they let him stay. However, even though Kobe remained "calm" throughout the game, you could tell Barnes was in his head. He tried to do too much and prove a point. It's times like that that refs should not over-officiate the game. It makes for good basketball and great finishes...that's what we want to see right?
Hypocrites. When its Barnes is good for TV and the right thing ? Barnes should have been thrown out 5x that game. But you want KObe to get more T's for arguing calls? Quit crying like a whore on her first period

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I'll stick to short and to the point answers since mostly everything has been discussed, and like I've said countless times words won't change my opinion, only video.

Kobe was getting 10 Fts per game in 06. WTF are you talking about?? The stats show KD drives more and is more agressive. This isn't 06 Kobe who goes to the rim all the time. This is Post up and jumpshot Kobe.

ft attempted =/= ft deserved. post up/jumpshot kobe =/= 0 ft once every 3 games kobe, and other 2 are under 5 ft per game kobe

Your retarded yourself. I don't think you watch Kobe during games trying to draw fouls do you? Kobe has lost a step and his explosiveness, so when he attacks the rim it's Paul Pierce like slow so its easy to stop his ass and so damn easy to see that it's not a foul. Cause it's not. When you see Kobe yelling at the refs for the foul call, it's out of frustration that he ain't good enough to draw the contact anymore and he himself knows it was the right legit call.

Kobe should stick to posting up and the Sam Cassell move. You spent all summer working on your post game and nothing to show for it. C'mon son.

your retarded? lmao. no he is not paul pierce slow, his post game is amazing he just cant go there all the time since pau is there AND HE HAS A BROKEN FINGER. When pau was out and he was HEALTHY, he was playing MVP ball and career defining ball from the post.

Your post implies that at one point in his career he was good enough to get the call and the contact, so before I respond to why I think he still is, i'd like you to SHOW ME kobe earlier in his career getting super star calls.

Barnes should have had 3-4 T's that game but nonetheless its not a big deal, I agree it makes for good basketball. All I'm saying is that when a scrub is allowed to push the face of the NBA around and taunt him, let's say that it gets Kobe really really mad and he gets in a fight with matt barnes who isn't a scrub but if he was on the twolves no one would know him.. Lets say they get in a fight in the playoffs because barnes wasnt getting T's for taunting and pushing, and kobe is suspended for the playoffs. Is that good basketball?

In order to protect the players (and they do this with superstars, you honestly cant say they dont), the first thing to do is make sure they stay on the court. That means keep them out of foul trouble and out of harms way. I don't feel like they do that for Kobe.

thejumpa
04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Hypocrites. When its Barnes is good for TV and the right thing ? Barnes should have been thrown out 5x that game. But you want KObe to get more T's for arguing calls? Quit crying like a whore on her first period

Woah....hold up. Who said that I want Kobe to get more calls? If anything, it's YOU who wants Kobe to get recognition from the refs. As long as I've been watching basketball, I have seen superstar calls. Traveling, up and downs, when talking to refs, phantom touch fouls, etc....it's apart of the game.

Lets say they get in a fight in the playoffs because barnes wasnt getting T's for taunting and pushing, and kobe is suspended for the playoffs. Is that good basketball?

Come on, bro. You are reaching on that one. Kobe isn't gonna fight anyone. We saw what happened last time he tried to get into with someone. At this point in his career, he knows what's on the line. He isn't built like that anyway. He seems like a "throw a rock and hide your hands" kind of guy.

Sounds like you really like Kobe Bryant and really believe that he has never gotten superstar treatment. I don't know what to tell you, man. I'm quite certain that I have watched more of Kobe than you have(I could be wrong, though)....from his rookie year to right now. Every superstar gets superstar treatment and Kobe is no different.

Just because some kid doesn't make a video and put it on YouTube, it doesn't mean that he doesn't get calls or didn't in the past. You are fooling yourself if you really believe that.

The_Yearning
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I'll stick to short and to the point answers since mostly everything has been discussed, and like I've said countless times words won't change my opinion, only video.

ft attempted =/= ft deserved. post up/jumpshot kobe =/= 0 ft once every 3 games kobe, and other 2 are under 5 ft per game kobe

your retarded? lmao. no he is not paul pierce slow, his post game is amazing he just cant go there all the time since pau is there AND HE HAS A BROKEN FINGER. When pau was out and he was HEALTHY, he was playing MVP ball and career defining ball from the post.

Your post implies that at one point in his career he was good enough to get the call and the contact, so before I respond to why I think he still is, i'd like you to SHOW ME kobe earlier in his career getting super star calls.

Barnes should have had 3-4 T's that game but nonetheless its not a big deal, I agree it makes for good basketball. All I'm saying is that when a scrub is allowed to push the face of the NBA around and taunt him, let's say that it gets Kobe really really mad and he gets in a fight with matt barnes who isn't a scrub but if he was on the twolves no one would know him.. Lets say they get in a fight in the playoffs because barnes wasnt getting T's for taunting and pushing, and kobe is suspended for the playoffs. Is that good basketball?

In order to protect the players (and they do this with superstars, you honestly cant say they dont), the first thing to do is make sure they stay on the court. That means keep them out of foul trouble and out of harms way. I don't feel like they do that for Kobe.

Did you even read the entire thread yet? Guess not. Come prepared son.

Rockets(T-mac)
04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
He's playing mind games with Durant. If Durant gets distracted by this, Phil wins.

godofgods
04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Phil Jackson of them all whining about preferential treatment:roll:

This. And people consider this guy the GOAT coach. Ridiculous. He wouldn't win shit if Stern didn't back him up.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 11:11 PM
This. And people consider this guy the GOAT coach. Ridiculous. He wouldn't win shit if Stern didn't back him up.

branslowski
04-15-2010, 11:16 PM
:oldlol: @ The morons in this thread...

Dumb ass Laker haters bashing Phil, bringing up old Kobe calls from years ago... Durant is a great player, but Phil isn't lying about some of those calls Durant gets...

And Kobe isn't a pusse...He would f*ck Durant up...

Kobe is a arrogant prick....Those type of ppl aint scared of sh!t but being ignored.

100% of you f*cks on this forum would have flinched if Matt Barnes or anyone faked throwing a ball directly at your face while being only 3 inches away.

Derka
04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Watched plenty of OKC games on LPBB this year (my first year with it, best $150 ever spent, will do it next year for sure), so I'm fairly confident that I'm right in agreeing with Phil on this one.

Durant's a stud now, on the verge of being a full-blown superstar. He's gonna get those calls because that's how it is for superstar players. Its not fair, but that's how it is.

But this is the Playoffs. And like many people have said already, this is Phil getting in people's heads. This is the Zen Master at work. You want to be a Phil Jackson-coached team, you have to beat them on all psychological and physical levels of play. This isn't the regular season...now, its for real.

Welcome to the NBA Playoffs, Kevin Durant.

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Come on, bro. You are reaching on that one. Kobe isn't gonna fight anyone. We saw what happened last time he tried to get into with someone. At this point in his career, he knows what's on the line. He isn't built like that anyway. He seems like a "throw a rock and hide your hands" kind of guy.

Sounds like you really like Kobe Bryant and really believe that he has never gotten superstar treatment. I don't know what to tell you, man. I'm quite certain that I have watched more of Kobe than you have(I could be wrong, though)....from his rookie year to right now. Every superstar gets superstar treatment and Kobe is no different.

Just because some kid doesn't make a video and put it on YouTube, it doesn't mean that he doesn't get calls or didn't in the past. You are fooling yourself if you really believe that.

It's just an example, I didn't say it was realistic. A more realistic situation would be if Kobe had pushed back, or threw an elbow and got suspended for a game. The point remains.

All I'm saying is that Lebron and Wade have videos to prove it, why doesn't Kobe? I'd say the same thing for lebron if I couldn't find proof of him getting superstar calls. Its this simple: If you can't show someone who doesn't watch the NBA day in and day out that Player X gets superstar calls, then you are incapable of convincing that someone that Player X gets superstar calls. Then it's PERFECTLY reasonable for that someone to think that Player X doesn't get superstar calls.

Do you find it strange that 4-5 LA fans who watch all Laker games in this thread have said Kobe doesn't get superstar treatment consistently, and you, a person who says he watches all LA games just like we do and sees something totally different than us, and can't show us the same plays in question to back your point up? I mean what, are the 3,4 or 5 of us watching different laker games than you are?

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Watched plenty of OKC games on LPBB this year (my first year with it, best $150 ever spent, will do it next year for sure), so I'm fairly confident that I'm right in agreeing with Phil on this one.

Durant's a stud now, on the verge of being a full-blown superstar. He's gonna get those calls because that's how it is for superstar players. Its not fair, but that's how it is.

But this is the Playoffs. And like many people have said already, this is Phil getting in people's heads. This is the Zen Master at work. You want to be a Phil Jackson-coached team, you have to beat them on all psychological and physical levels of play. This isn't the regular season...now, its for real.

I'll never get the League Pass, I'd get nothing done. Just watch basketball all day. lol.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
It's just an example, I didn't say it was realistic. A more realistic situation would be if Kobe had pushed back, or threw an elbow and got suspended for a game. The point remains.

All I'm saying is that Lebron and Wade have videos to prove it, why doesn't Kobe? I'd say the same thing for lebron if I couldn't find proof of him getting superstar calls. Its this simple: If you can't show someone who doesn't watch the NBA day in and day out that Player X gets superstar calls, then you are incapable of convincing that someone that Player X gets superstar calls. Then it's PERFECTLY reasonable for that someone to think that Player X doesn't get superstar calls.

Do you find it strange that 4-5 LA fans who watch all Laker games in this thread have said Kobe doesn't get superstar treatment consistently, and you, a person who says he watches all LA games just like we do and sees something totally different than us, and can't show us the same plays in question to back your point up? I mean what, are the 3,4 or 5 of us watching different laker games than you are?
:no: Don't feed the Kobe hater

OneMoreSucka
04-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Wow does this kid ever stop posting

RazorBaLade
04-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Are you talking to me?

OneMoreSucka
04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
No

ZeN
04-16-2010, 12:16 AM

:applause:

50inchvertical
04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
So hypothetically speaking, why is the NBA treating Kevin Durant so favorably?

Are they trying to push him down our throats and force him on us? 3 Nationally televised games this season

Pandering to his fan base? OKC only the 45th biggest market and not even a basketball first state

Make him a posterboy? Doubtful, only endorsement he has is Nike and he could have blown that one easily over trying to get Nike to reduce their pricepoints.

Contentious relationship with coach or GM? Doubt it, plus Brooks is one of the cheapest coaches in the L so he's likely not the posterboy for anything negative about NBA coaches. And Bennett, well he and Stern conspired to bring the team here so they must be on friendly terms

He gets fouled a lot, because he is tough to defend. He is always attacking the basket and when he doesn't have the ball, he runs the baselines and runs through screens and it puts the defender in a tough spot. Most defenders are either too slow/immobile or too small and end up compensating by having to grab or hold at times, or just plain foul on accident because they can't guard him.

Then he has the rip though move, which he hasn't been doing as much lately, but makes you pay for sticking your arm straight into his chest.

srekaL
04-16-2010, 12:25 AM
I've missed maybe 1 or so Laker games the whole year and I can say that kobe doesn't get special treatment. There's some nights where I think that the refs are purposely not calling obvious fouls just to prove a point to him. Games where kobe is totally involved in the whole game on offense and he goes the whole game not getting one free throw?

U got Served
04-16-2010, 01:54 AM

Oh, the irony.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 02:02 AM
This year the refs have been letting Kobe sink or swim and treating him like a regular player.

To say in the past he wasn't getting calls like Durant and Lebron are now is pretty ridiculous. There was a time where Kobe throwing up his arms and screaming with no contact would draw a whistle every time. Somehow because I haven't recorded 100's of Laker games and made a youtube clip out of it it didn't happen. That logic is thoroughly ridiculous.

And wow Phil got fined...that's 4/11

I would also like to see a 5 minute vid on Durant's preferential treatment or IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

RazorBaLade
04-16-2010, 04:34 AM
This year the refs have been letting Kobe sink or swim and treating him like a regular player.

To say in the past he wasn't getting calls like Durant and Lebron are now is pretty ridiculous. There was a time where Kobe throwing up his arms and screaming with no contact would draw a whistle every time. Somehow because I haven't recorded 100's of Laker games and made a youtube clip out of it it didn't happen. That logic is thoroughly ridiculous.

And wow Phil got fined...that's 4/11

I would also like to see a 5 minute vid on Durant's preferential treatment or IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

stupidity here at its finest... I'm promising myself this is the last post from me on this subject until at least the 2nd round of the playoffs, I can't take it anymore. No one reads my previous posts, I have answered all of this already. I'll copy/paste as well as adding to it to try to give you a detailed answer, because I think you are someone that can actually see a good point being made and change his flawed opinion because of it. I hope I am not wrong, here we go. I'll do this as detailed as I possibly can, since I won't be talking about this issue again for at least a couple of weeks. I need a break, you people infuriate me.

line1: So the face of the NBA is being treated as a regular player, what's changed from last year to this one? Don't you think that since you can blatantly see his lack of superstar treatment this year, it's possible that you had the hater goggles on in various of his other seasons? Why would it just randomly start now when the NBA is on the cusp of the most watched finals ever if Lebron and Kobe met in the finals.. Or at least one of the most watched..

line 2: "All I'm saying is that Lebron and Wade have videos to prove it, why doesn't Kobe? I'd say the same thing for lebron if I couldn't find proof of him getting superstar calls. Its this simple: If you can't show someone who doesn't watch the NBA day in and day out that Player X gets superstar calls, then you are incapable of convincing that someone that Player X gets superstar calls. Then it's PERFECTLY reasonable for that someone to think that Player X doesn't get superstar calls."

line: let me guess... you dont have any vids of PJ bitching about the refs 11 times, since youtube is run by laker fans we only upload the videos that we know will get him fined, meanwhile keeping the other videos locked away.

line 4: Unlike fans of kobe, durant wade and lebron fans (usually) don't even dare say that player isn't getting superstar treatment. I just typed in these terms into youtube: lebron bad call, wade bad call, kobe bad call, durant bad call. You can check for yourself to see if the following is true... for lebron there was a 10 minute video spanning multiple seasons. For wade there were multiple videos spanning multiple series. For kobe...... 2 vids each one play lmao. For durant, there was only the utah thing. Talking about the first 3 results here.

Now let me get back to your point, I strayed off. Durant in that situation seems to get no respect, just behind Kobe right? Well wait a minute... No fan from Okc would say he doesn't get superstar treatment, phil jackson said he gets treatment.. Kevin garnett says he gets treatment.. Since there's unfortunately no videos of durant's calls, we have to go to the next form of proof. What the players and coaches say. For kobe we can't go there, no one has said anything of the sort to kobe... The only proof we have is what clipper fans say. Thats not a joke, seriously. Lebron has multiple 10 minute videos to convince someone he gets calls. Wade has multiple videos to convince someone he gets calls. Durant has multiple videos of players/coaches talking about his preferential treatment. All 3 of those players have giant fanbases who know they get superstar calls.. Kobe? Nada. none of those things. We have to go off what clipper fans say lol.. 8 people have posted here agreeing with me , laker fans, where as only 2 people actually tried to argue and both of them live in LA and don't root for the lakers. dun dun dun.

Also just one final thought.. When a coach complains about your treatment, mind games or not, it's something to look out for. And before you go on crying about the missed call in Utah or whatever, remember that Kobe had a no call that was way worse.

BAM IM DONE!

Courtside View
04-16-2010, 06:06 AM
RazorBlade is the type of extreme homer that you can't really bother to argue with, because he's living in a fantasy world that I'm sure he believes is reality. From showing up refs to the point where he should get two ts and thrown out, to flailing elbows, to questionable perimeter calls, anyone who denies Bryant has been given preferential treatment throughout his career is truly in denial. Hell, if you pinned Phil down and forced him to tell the truth, he'd concede it. And I've had league pass for years so I've seen quite a few Laker games. And using youtube to prove/disprove this is ridiculous.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 12:49 PM
RazorBlade is the type of extreme homer that you can't really bother to argue with, because he's living in a fantasy world that I'm sure he believes is reality. From showing up refs to the point where he should get two ts and thrown out, to flailing elbows, to questionable perimeter calls, anyone who denies Bryant has been given preferential treatment throughout his career is truly in denial. Hell, if you pinned Phil down and forced him to tell the truth, he'd concede it. And I've had league pass for years so I've seen quite a few Laker games. And using youtube to prove/disprove this is ridiculous.

This.

I know these fans very well living in L.A.

LA_Showtime
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
This.

I know these fans very well living in L.A.

Really? Never ran into one myself. Fans tend to react much differently in person than they do on the internet. For instance, if I told you Kobe was the greatest of all time in person, I doubt you'd go into some 5-year-old rant to prove me wrong. On the internet, you would.

TennesseeFan
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
This is retarded.

KD says he takes pride in getting to the line. Its part of his game.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Really? Never ran into one myself. Fans tend to react much differently in person than they do on the internet. For instance, if I told you Kobe was the greatest of all time in person, I doubt you'd go into some 5-year-old rant to prove me wrong. On the internet, you would.

No I get into these in person. I'm going to the barbershop today. Might get it there today. I have to convince them that Lebron can play AT ALL. They hate Lebron so much they won't even admit he can play. 2 weeks ago I got into an argument with one of the barbers who said Kobe was a better pure shooter than Ray Allen. The convo was me making 20 points on why Ray Allen was a great shooter...it ended with him saying Ray Allen is a scrub who can't play and Kobe is a WAY better shooter.

thejumpa
04-16-2010, 01:02 PM

I've run into a couple. I live with one of them. Either way, that isn't the issue. I know he won't respond, but this guy is basically saying that Kobe never has received any star treatment. He has. You would be a fool to say he never has. This year, I agree....it's toned down. They are letting him play like a regular player. Why I have no idea. Like dude said above me, you would have to be in denial to not see this.

YouTube? What kind of fan sits on the internet making videos to prove their point? A young one, that's who. I don't know about him, but I watch and go to games. In 03-05, nobody was using YouTube and you could still make the same comment and it would have truth to it.....but would have no evidence to prove it.

thejumpa
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I hopped on the bus the other day and immediately the driver started talking to me about LeBron and him not getting a ring but being called "King". He then went on to praise Kobe and discredit LeBron wherever possible. Every city has these fans but LA has a lot....no doubt about it.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I hopped on the bus the other day and immediately the driver started talking to me about LeBron and him not getting a ring but being called "King". He then went on to praise Kobe and discredit LeBron wherever possible. Every city has these fans but LA has a lot....no doubt about it.

Word. I always ask them why they have such a furious hatred for Lebron. I called them out on it...their hate was SO strong they were voting FOR the Celtics because they were playing the Cavs. What the hell REAL Laker fan votes for the Celtics ? These are just soldiers in the Kobe v. Lebron war that the stans made.

thejumpa
04-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Word. I always ask them why they have such a furious hatred for Lebron. I called them out on it...their hate was SO strong they were voting FOR the Celtics because they were playing the Cavs. What the hell REAL Laker fan votes for the Celtics ? These are just soldiers in the Kobe v. Lebron war that the stans made.

The NBA and ESPN has created this fake LeBron/Kobe rivalry and it has spread to the fans. If you think about it, there is no reason why Laker fans should not like LeBron. I mean, if you don't like him, that's cool and that's your opinion. I feel that many just hate because it's what media has told them to do. They don't even play each other much and never have in the playoffs. There isn't even a storyline to follow. It's all made up. Dudes hop online and take it to the next level.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
The NBA and ESPN has created this fake LeBron/Kobe rivalry and it has spread to the fans. If you think about it, there is no reason why Laker fans should not like LeBron. I mean, if you don't like him, that's cool and that's your opinion. I feel that many just hate because it's what media has told them to do. They don't even play each other much and never have in the playoffs. There isn't even a storyline to follow. It's all made up. Dudes hop online and take it to the next level.

I totally agree. How can the Cavs be the Lakers rival ? I tell them. They play two times a year and have never played a significant game that really meant anything in the history of both franchises.

Knoe Itawl
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I totally agree. How can the Cavs be the Lakers rival ? I tell them. They play two times a year and have never played a significant game that really meant anything in the history of both franchises.

It's simple. You guys really don't know? Kobe fanboys have ALWAYS hated any perceived threat to Kobe's greatness. Be it TMac, Jordan, Wade, Vince, whoever. Deep down inside they know that Bron is better than Kobe's ever been and will have the better career. They hate this. Therefore, they hate LeBron.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 01:35 PM
It's simple. You guys really don't know? Kobe fanboys have ALWAYS hated any perceived threat to Kobe's greatness. Be it TMac, Jordan, Wade, Vince, whoever. Deep down inside they know that Bron is better than Kobe's ever been and will have the better career. They hate this. Therefore, they hate LeBron.

Yeah I know why. And I like to torture Kobe stans with it lol

Diesel J
04-16-2010, 01:35 PM

Lakers fans (actually Kobe stans) never hated Lebron until Lebron started rounded out into his modern dominating MVP form. If you check Lakersground, Wade was actually hated more because he won a title while Kobe was still getting knocked out of the first round. Then they started hating CP3 when he battling for MVP with Kobe. The KObe stans have always hated any player that got more attention than Kobe or was considered a threat to him.

Iverson
T-mac
Vince carter
Paul Pierce
Cp3
Wade
Lebron

..at some point in time, Kobe stans hated or trashed everyone of these players. Now they're getting ready to start hating on DUrant:roll:

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Lakers fans (actually Kobe stans) never hated Lebron until Lebron started rounded out into his modern dominating MVP form. If you check Lakersground, Wade was actually hated more because he won a title while Kobe was still getting knocked out of the first round. Then they started hating CP3 when he battling for MVP with Kobe. The KObe stans have always hated any played that got more attention than Kobe or was considered a threat to him.

Iverson
T-mac
Vince carter
Paul Pierce
Cp3
Wade
Lebron

..at some point in time, Kobe stans hated or trashed everyone of these players. Now they're getting ready to start hating on DUrant:roll:

LOL. True Story.

thejumpa
04-16-2010, 01:41 PM
^^^^yeah, it's sad^^^^

People can't even enjoy the game because they are too busy hating for no reason. If you don't like a player, cool. If you don't like him because he is threatening the legacy of your favorite player, then you are a girl. Kobe and LeBron never play each other anyway!!!! At least a couple of those other guys had battles with the Lakers....Cavs have never played any significant games against the Lakers. It's the one thing that I hate about LA. People are quick to put one guy on a pedestal and trash the other.

I'm surprised that Shaq hasn't recieved the same criticism and hate LeBron has.

LAClipsFan33
04-16-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised that Shaq hasn't recieved the same criticism and hate LeBron has.

Oh he has. I've talked to people who say Shaq was just a fat lazy chump riding Kobe's coat tails while he was here.

LOL TOTALLY ridiculous.

raptorfan_dr07
04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
You're a Raptor fan?

No, he is NOT. I've gone over this many times before. He's NEVER in the Raptor team forum, NEVER posts in ANY Raptor related threads on the main forum, and NEVER makes any Raptor related posts except for the occasional "I'm a Raptor fan" like he just did. The ONLY Raptor threads I remember him in were the two Lakers/Raptors game threads and gee I wonder why :rolleyes: He even admitted he turned down tickets to the Raptors home game against LA because Kobe was in a shooting slump at the time. :oldlol: :roll: There are plenty of Raptor fans on here who are just casual fans and even they post in the team forum and what not. And it isn't like our team forum is a wasteland like many others. We have some pretty good discussion in there, much better than the main forum. If he was actually a Raptor fan, and REALLY watched games like he claims, he would know his little "theory" is complete bullsh*t as Chris Bosh is one of the best in the league at using his quickness and athleticism to attack the rim and get fouls. And yes, he's finished and gotten the and one plenty of times. Sure he falls in love with the jumpshot a bit too much, but when he attacks, he can be deadly. Sorry for derailing the thread, but many of us are just sick and tired of Fatal's little act and misinformation. You're not fooling anyone anymore.

To add to this thread, :oldlol: at the Kobe slurpers who cannot admit that Kobe has and still receives preferential treatment. We don't need to resort to youtube or any of that crap for our proof. We actually watch games and we see with our own eyes what goes on. I do remember that thread when people were saying Kobe was the most disrespected superstar. Of course you(RazorBlade) wouldn't notice, but that 50+% group of people that were saying that, were ALL Kobe n*thuggers. If you remember there were other fans coming in there and saying how ridiculous that crap was.

One needs to look no further than last year's Lakers/Rockets series in which Kobe was allowed to do whatever he wanted to Shane Battier and Ron Artest, while they would get called for fouls and in Ron's case, flagrant fouls and or ejections. He also received three straight phantom calls down the stretch of Game 2 of the Finals in which Orlando was in control of. Here's one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7urNzqB6iV4

Mickael Pietrus does an excellent job of staying with him and forcing him baseline into a tough fade away while Dwight comes over on the help and blocks the shot out of bounds. And to that one video someone posted a few pages back showing Kobe and the Nuggets, that ISN'T a foul. Kobe blows past Arron Afflalo and just throws him body into Nene, who is stationary and just has his hands up. That's a GOOD no call. Durant's response was brilliant by the way. Basically it's a win/win for him. Either the refs continue to give him superstar calls throughout the series, or they face the possible backlash of caving in to Phil Jackson's words and officiating the game differently than they would have.

Amil23
04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
No, he is NOT. I've gone over this many times before. He's NEVER in the Raptor team forum, NEVER posts in ANY Raptor related threads on the main forum, and NEVER makes any Raptor related posts except for the occasional "I'm a Raptor fan" like he just did. The ONLY Raptor threads I remember him in were the two Lakers/Raptors game threads and gee I wonder why :rolleyes: He even admitted he turned down tickets to the Raptors home game against LA because Kobe was in a shooting slump at the time. :oldlol: :roll: There are plenty of Raptor fans on here who are just casual fans and even they post in the team forum and what not. And it isn't like our team forum is a wasteland like many others. We have some pretty good discussion in there, much better than the main forum. If he was actually a Raptor fan, and REALLY watched games like he claims, he would know his little "theory" is complete bullsh*t as Chris Bosh is one of the best in the league at using his quickness and athleticism to attack the rim and get fouls. And yes, he's finished and gotten the and one plenty of times. Sure he falls in love with the jumpshot a bit too much, but when he attacks, he can be deadly. Sorry for derailing the thread, but many of us are just sick and tired of Fatal's little act and misinformation. You're not fooling anyone anymore.

To add to this thread, :oldlol: at the Kobe slurpers who cannot admit that Kobe has and still receives preferential treatment. We don't need to resort to youtube or any of that crap for our proof. We actually watch games and we see with our own eyes what goes on. I do remember that thread when people were saying Kobe was the most disrespected superstar. Of course you(RazorBlade) wouldn't notice, but that 50+% group of people that were saying that, were ALL Kobe n*thuggers. If you remember there were other fans coming in there and saying how ridiculous that crap was.

One needs to look no further than last year's Lakers/Rockets series in which Kobe was allowed to do whatever he wanted to Shane Battier and Ron Artest, while they would get called for fouls and in Ron's case, flagrant fouls and or ejections. He also received three straight phantom calls down the stretch of Game 2 of the Finals in which Orlando was in control of. Here's one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7urNzqB6iV4

Mickael Pietrus does an excellent job of staying with him and forcing him baseline into a tough fade away while Dwight comes over on the help and blocks the shot out of bounds. And to that one video someone posted a few pages back showing Kobe and the Nuggets, that ISN'T a foul. Kobe blows past Arron Afflalo and just throws him body into Nene, who is stationary and just has his hands up. That's a GOOD no call. Durant's response was brilliant by the way. Basically it's a win/win for him. Either the refs continue to give him superstar calls throughout the series, or they face the possible backlash of caving in to Phil Jackson's words and officiating the game differently than they would have.
+1

LA_Showtime
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
People might respect you Kobe haters if you guys actually posted stuff that didn't revolve around Kobe.

AirJordan&Magic
04-17-2010, 12:43 AM

So why is it that LeBron homers hate on Kobe? Dont expose your agenda by focusing one one side.

Doranku
04-17-2010, 12:52 AM
So why is it that LeBron homers hate on Kobe? Dont expose your agenda by focusing one one side.

All 3,328 of Knoe's posts revolve around the same agenda. He isn't exactly trying to hide it. Dude wants to be Kobe, has some sort of disorder that causes overwhelming feelings of jealousy to stir within him, and thus dedicates his life to hating Kobe.

It's like seeing those diseased, unhealthy dogs in pet stores. You want to help them, but you know it's too late, so all you can do is shake your head disapprovingly and walk away.

StacksOnDeck
04-17-2010, 01:00 AM
You know what I find ironic...these Kobe stans(yes haters can be stans) are saying how Kobe fans are so paranoid and focused on other players while they're writing essays about Kobe fans and their hatred towards Kobe. Seems to me like they're just trying to find the next guy that can try to knock Kobe off.

Did it with Lebron, Wade, Melo, T-Mac, Vince and now Kevin. They just hop on the next "rival".

That's REALLY more pathetic. They don't even follow teams(Knoe, Loki) and some rather have Lakers lose than their own team winning(DuMa, LAClipsfan). Really sad...

Basically their purpose in watching basketball is to watch Kobe lose. I find it funny how they're trying to expose Kobe fans though.

Knoe Itawl
04-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm not going to bother responding to the typical Kobe guy/fanboy nonsense because it's long been established that they live in a fantasy world, however I'm going to comment on this Stacks on Deck character (for the only time ever since I ignore groupies/trolls. How in the world could someone who just registered in March of this year have any idea what my posting history is on this board (not even getting into the accuracy of it)? Therefore, this must be some other poster who's been on my d!ck, and created a new username and thus belongs on my ignore list like similar Bryant worshippers such as Doranku. Didn't read what he posted, but I can bet that it was about me given his penchant for following me around like a lost puppy.

I will close by saying, however, that I really don't have a problem with Kobe fans. I just despise his d!kriding, hero worshipping, fantasy living, knobslobbing fanboy stan idiots. As do most people.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-17-2010, 01:18 AM
You know what I find ironic...these Kobe stans(yes haters can be stans) are saying how Kobe fans are so paranoid and focused on other players while they're writing essays about Kobe fans and their hatred towards Kobe. Seems to me like they're just trying to find the next guy that can try to knock Kobe off.

Did it with Lebron, Wade, Melo, T-Mac, Vince and now Kevin. They just hop on the next "rival".

That's REALLY more pathetic. They don't even follow teams(Knoe, Loki) and some rather have Lakers lose than their own team winning(DuMa, LAClipsfan). Really sad...

Basically their purpose in watching basketball is to watch Kobe lose. I find it funny how they're trying to expose Kobe fans though.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Doranku
04-17-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm not going to bother responding to the typical Kobe guy/fanboy nonsense because it's long been established that they live in a fantasy world, however I'm going to comment on this Stacks on Deck character (for the only time ever since I ignore groupies/trolls. How in the world could someone who just registered in March of this year have any idea what my posting history is on this board (not even getting into the accuracy of it)? Therefore, this must be some other poster who's been on my d!ck, and created a new username and thus belongs on my ignore list like similar Bryant worshippers such as Doranku. Didn't read what he posted, but I can bet that it was about me given his penchant for following me around like a lost puppy.

I will close by saying, however, that I really don't have a problem with Kobe fans. I just despise his d!kriding, hero worshipping, fantasy living, knobslobbing fanboy stan idiots. As do most people.

:oldlol: @ you pretending as if you didn't read what I said.

I guess comparing you to a disease-ridden dog really got to you. :roll:

Keep replaying the '96 Bulls games each season to the exact time and day that they occurred, it isn't gonna bring MJ back. :oldlol:

StacksOnDeck
04-17-2010, 01:21 AM

How does he know I'm talking about him if he didn't read my post? Like I care about being on your ignore list. :rolleyes:

Lol @ this group!e admitting his posting style consists of being on Kobe's nuts. Embarassing self-ether.

cotdt
04-21-2010, 04:58 AM
I remember last year Jackson complained that LBJ got favorable calls from refs. LBJ responded to the accusation, and then had a mediocore game. Jackson tries to get an edge from refs and tries to get into the heads of players

50inchvertical
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I wish Scott Brooks would try the same thing. Point out some of the calls the Lakers game, late 4th and all in a row. And then the fact Artest only finished with 2 fouls.

EllisGW
04-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I remember last year Jackson complained that LBJ got favorable calls from refs. LBJ responded to the accusation, and then had a mediocore game. Jackson tries to get an edge from refs and tries to get into the heads of players

when was this?

cotdt
04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
when was this?

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/02/07/phil-jackson-lebron-gets-away-with-murder-in-cleveland/

The next day Lebron shoots 5 for 20:
http://www.nba.com/games/20090208/LALCLE/boxscore.html

RazorBaLade
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I wish Scott Brooks would try the same thing. Point out some of the calls the Lakers game, late 4th and all in a row. And then the fact Artest only finished with 2 fouls.

lol okc should be happy that at least 9 of their 17 "blocks" weren't called as fouls.

OneMoreSucka
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
lol okc should be happy that at least 9 of their 17 "blocks" weren't called as fouls.
Welcome to playoff basketball.