PDA

View Full Version : Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

crisoner
04-18-2010, 11:30 PM
1 "W" down 15 more to go! GO LAKES!!!!!!!!

NBASTATMAN
04-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Lebron will go 6-21 in Game 1 of this season's NBA Finals in a loss against the Lakers. Book it.

I wouldn't be surprised... But then again I would be surprised if he went bizerk the rest of the series... Never know cuz Ron could do a great job on him.. He has in the past..

Batz
04-19-2010, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5DEh_QzpQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dsTQeHBvos

LeBron bullied Artest and Lakers front court.

This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycapVJIFJSI&feature=related
Lebron was 7/17 the entire game. Artest is not expected to lock him down, he is expected to contain Lebron and make him work. It always has in the past.

King Lebron LBJ
04-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Lebron will go 6-21 in Game 1 of this season's NBA Finals in a loss against the Lakers. Book it.

Lebron and the Cavs should be the least of your concerns right now. Lakers still need to improve a good deal if they even want to make the finals.

ODEN>DURANT
04-19-2010, 01:34 AM
KD 7-24 FG, sweet lord.

Nerves got too him, expect a better preformance next season in the post season from him, if not next game.

cotdt
04-19-2010, 02:22 AM
KD 7-24 FG, sweet lord.

Nerves got too him, expect a better preformance next season in the post season from him, if not next game.

I had the brew, she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics.

Today was a Good Day.

YAWN
04-19-2010, 02:59 AM
this team pisses me off, really should of won this game by like 30. It looked like they finally got their act together during the first quarter, but then reverted back to that lazy offensively inept team that we saw during the last quarter of the season. win is a win though i guess...

LakersFan626
04-19-2010, 03:27 AM
this team pisses me off, really should of won this game by like 30. It looked like they finally got their act together during the first quarter, but then reverted back to that lazy offensively inept team that we saw during the last quarter of the season. win is a win though i guess...

That's a bit of a stretch since the Thunder aren't a bad team (won 50 games) and defense is a strength of theirs despite the fast pace they play at. This was much better than some of their final regular season games (like the blowout loss against the Clippers where they played bad on BOTH ends) due to the increased intensity on defense and Kobe being more aggressive despite the 6-19 shooting.

Lebron and the Cavs should be the least of your concerns right now. Lakers still need to improve a good deal if they even want to make the finals.

I still think they'll make the finals because Gasol and Bynum in the lineup causes A LOT of mismatches and the gritty defensive teams are the ones that usually make the finals (Spurs last decade, Celtics in 2008, Heat in 2006, Pistons in 04-05) and more often than not, they win the finals too. The two highest scoring teams in the league went a combined 1-7 against the Lakers this year...

RealKnowledge
04-19-2010, 03:59 AM

Today was a Good Day.
:oldlol: i guess codt is a nikka

RealKnowledge
04-19-2010, 04:00 AM
The day of the game:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7180/6b7f2e9712020596e2d4d17.jpg

Durant look like he just busted a nut hahah

cotdt
04-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Durant look like he just busted a nut hahah

isn't artests' defense awesome? :D

RealKnowledge
04-19-2010, 04:29 AM
isn't artests' defense awesome? :D
so awesome it leaves you with a pleaseant orgasm:oldlol:
But for real he put the clamps on ol' boy

Pinkhearts
04-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Yea where are all the haters now?

"Lakers made a mistake giving up young Ariza for old Artest."
"Ariza fits with the Lakers better with his hustle and his 3 point shooting."
"Artest's defense is overrated, he lets everyone through. Laker made a mistakes giving up Ariza for him."

Looks like Artest is doing what he's getting paid to do!

Marv_Albert
04-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Yea where are all the haters now?

"Lakers made a mistake giving up young Ariza for old Artest."
"Ariza fits with the Lakers better with his hustle and his 3 point shooting."
"Artest's defense is overrated, he lets everyone through. Laker made a mistakes giving up Ariza for him."

Looks like Artest is doing what he's getting paid to do!

Real Talk.

Lakerlove420
04-19-2010, 09:24 AM

Today was a Good Day.

:cheers: :banana:

oh the horror
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM

For some reason they really started to shy away from beating up the Thunder down low with their bigs. Its pretty much what got us the large lead initially with Pau and Bynum doing their thing to OKC....And then later in the game, we simply stopped going to Pau for long ass stretches. I dont know why they do that.

Swaggin916
04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
We would have won that game by 30 if this was last years Lakers. unfortunately it's not... and most games are going to be grind it out like this becuase we have to play great D to win. Artest with another no-show... Kobe with another bad shooting night... and Odom with a lackluster performance. We have one of those guys perform then we win by 20, 2 of them by 25-30, All of them maybe 40 :lol

It doesn't happen often though... so yea better get used to the grind it out games.

miniharrison37
04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Ron Artest played very good defense against Durant in game 1.

dajadeed
04-19-2010, 11:02 PM
All these Laker fans upset that game 1 wasn't a blowout need to come to grips with reality. Yes, the Lakers are number 1 in the West and by a comfortable few games cushion, but every single team in the playoffs won 50 games minimum.

This isn't some weak cakewalk team. They're young, but they're pretty damn good.

And the reason Pau and Drew weren't fed all game long is because they were fronted and the weakside cheated. It's tough to keep feeding the post all game long when the other team knows that's your main objective. It's the playoffs, you're not gonna win games just by saying "ok, just feed Socks and Pau all game long."

LA_Showtime
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
All these Laker fans upset that game 1 wasn't a blowout need to come to grips with reality. Yes, the Lakers are number 1 in the West and by a comfortable few games cushion, but every single team in the playoffs won 50 games minimum.

This isn't some weak cakewalk team. They're young, but they're pretty damn good.

And the reason Pau and Drew weren't fed all game long is because they were fronted and the weakside cheated. It's tough to keep feeding the post all game long when the other team knows that's your main objective. It's the playoffs, you're not gonna win games just by saying "ok, just feed Socks and Pau all game long."

If the Lakers had run the triangle correctly, they could have got Bynum and Gasol the ball.

dajadeed
04-19-2010, 11:20 PM
If the Lakers had run the triangle correctly, they could have got Bynum and Gasol the ball.

Again, not if the other team makes a point of it to deny them the ball.

wally_world
04-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Ron Artest played very good defense against Durant in game 1.

Thabo played equally good D on Kobe too :rockon:

macpierce
04-20-2010, 10:11 AM
thabo's d was good but kobe was missing ones he usually makes, so eh

liquidrage
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
thabo's d was good but kobe was missing ones he usually makes, so eh

Well same with Durant so it's pretty much the same.

la bomba
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
For some reason they really started to shy away from beating up the Thunder down low with their bigs. Its pretty much what got us the large lead initially with Pau and Bynum doing their thing to OKC....And then later in the game, we simply stopped going to Pau for long ass stretches. I dont know why they do that.
easy ! they do that because they have Kobe 'i want to take the limelight' bryant in the team. He starts shooting everything including his sneakers and the ball never goes into the paint again.