PDA

View Full Version : Round 1, Game 3, April 22: Lakers at Thunder

Pages : 1 2 [3]

oh the horror
04-23-2010, 03:52 AM
I have a question. You say that's too many shots when it isn't going down.. Where is the line drawn when finding out whether or not it's your night? I mean we've seen Kobe come out and dominate, we've seen him start 8/12 and then finish under 50%. We've seen him start 3/12 and finish at 50% or over. When do you want Kobe to decide that it's done, and his next shot isn't going in. How can you say for SURE that Kobe won't make 3 threes in a row the next 3 times down the floor. Do you really want him to turn into that guy who is 6/6 from the field in the first quarter, and ends the game 6/9? Missed a few times and stopped shooting?

Scenario: Kobe is 8/25, Lakers down 2 late 4th q (so a similar situation to this game) On one hand we have Kobe taking 3 jumpers the next 3 plays down, on the other he doesn't shoot those 3 plays, he gives the ball up. What do you think , as history has told us, has a higher chance of happening. A) Kobe makes 2 or all 3, hailed as unbelievably clutch, LA wins game. B) Kobe passes to Bynum and Odom twice. They don't come through in the clutch and LA loses.

I really dont know where the line is, but I think in crucial situations, when he isnt hitting outside jumpers or threes (watched him take two long ones, and cringed several times) I think he either needs to make a mental decision to drive the lane, draw fouls, or try to get into that paint a bit more to try and find his rhythm in other ways. Trying to shoot yourself out of a slump in a game that close isnt advisable by any means....

While I know that he HAS indeed shot himself out before....LATELY (the last chunk of games, and into the playoffs) Kobe has been shooting very poorly, so at this point, he really needs to decide how to get himself going other ways....

Drive, dish, distribute. Because I think the line gets drawn clearly when your slump lasts for several games. I mean what has he been shooting for the last few games? Like in the 30 percent ranges? That isnt going to do it when you're throwing up 20-30 shots per game. Obviously his finger is just destroying his shot. He has to adapt somehow.

macpierce
04-23-2010, 04:08 AM
if kobe cant be a dominate scorer who can get 30-40 points efficiently, the lakers chances of repeating are going down. Youve got a guy over there in cleveland who can drop 40-8-8 and make it seem like another day in the office.

King Lebron LBJ
04-23-2010, 04:50 AM
if kobe cant be a dominate scorer who can get 30-40 points efficiently, the lakers chances of repeating are going down. Youve got a guy over there in cleveland who can drop 40-8-8 and make it seem like another day in the office.

Indeed, I think is more of a worry that guys like Artest and Odom are simply not producing offensively.

SFMF
04-23-2010, 05:04 AM

It's hard to say this but Lakers are lucky that Artest has given Durant some trouble so far % wise. Kobe's averaging 28 PPG with 0.368 FG% right now. So far, all three games have been close games.

RazorBaLade
04-23-2010, 05:37 AM
I really dont know where the line is, but I think in crucial situations, when he isnt hitting outside jumpers or threes (watched him take two long ones, and cringed several times) I think he either needs to make a mental decision to drive the lane, draw fouls, or try to get into that paint a bit more to try and find his rhythm in other ways. Trying to shoot yourself out of a slump in a game that close isnt advisable by any means....

While I know that he HAS indeed shot himself out before....LATELY (the last chunk of games, and into the playoffs) Kobe has been shooting very poorly, so at this point, he really needs to decide how to get himself going other ways....

Drive, dish, distribute. Because I think the line gets drawn clearly when your slump lasts for several games. I mean what has he been shooting for the last few games? Like in the 30 percent ranges? That isnt going to do it when you're throwing up 20-30 shots per game. Obviously his finger is just destroying his shot. He has to adapt somehow.

I feel ya, but I look at it a bit different. I don't think LA can win it all without Kobe being great, and Kobe is either gonna shoot himself out of it (get an understanding of how to score effectively with the finger injury) or he'll play this way until he gets surgery on it and rest. If this was the bench of 08 or even last year, I'd want him to become the playmaker, avg 7 ast a game. But since I don't think we can beat everyone, esp Cle since they have Bron who can carry them for a game if Kobe can't carry us for a game. I'd rather lose 2 games because he's trying to get his shot and then win the next 15 instead of beat okc 4-0, beat denv 4-0, beat dallas 4-0 and then get destroyed by a team such as Cle because they have a healthy guy that can drop 40 who has found his shot and entered peak form for the finals and we simply have someone who shot so bad he actually stopped shooting.

But anyways, the funny thing is and it's always been this way with Kobe.. he can come out and score 50 the next game, LA wins by 20 and everything is back to normal again. I refuse to believe that Kobe doesn't have it in him, banged up or not. Keep shootin, son. Btw no one is talking about Kobe passing Jerry west in playoff laker scoring.. Jerry's records are a damn curse, first Kobe got major criticism after passing his record in regular season and now here. Talk about a jinx.

joyner82
04-23-2010, 05:53 AM
It's hard to say this but Lakers are lucky that Artest has given Durant some trouble so far % wise. Kobe's averaging 28 PPG with 0.368 FG% right now. So far, all three games have been close games.

If Durant adjusts to this level of play and he gets back to his regular season form the Thunder will win the next 3 games. The Lakers can not match up and with Durant showing the ability to lock down Kobe late, LAL is in serious trouble if they don't win game 4.

RazorBaLade
04-23-2010, 05:58 AM
If Durant adjusts to this level of play and he gets back to his regular season form the Thunder will win the next 3 games. The Lakers can not match up and with Durant showing the ability to lock down Kobe late, LAL is in serious trouble if they don't win game 4.

Take off the goggles, Kobe missed shots he usually makes. Durant didn't lock down anything.

btw thats a lot of ifs.. I've got some. If Kobe gets back to his regular form and Odom appears the thunder will start hitting the showers literally midway into the 2nd quarter. The coach will look over to put a player into the game but as he looks over the camera pans and there is no one on the bench, they are already going home.

SFMF
04-23-2010, 06:01 AM

They will win, it doesn't matter if it's in 4, 5 and 6, but not 7 and they aren't expected to play like the games so far. Phil won't just sit down and do nothing. OKC's one bench player stepped up a little today, but I am not certain if that's going to be continued.

joyner82
04-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Take off the goggles, Kobe missed shots he usually makes. Durant didn't lock down anything.

btw thats a lot of ifs.. I've got some. If Kobe gets back to his regular form and Odom appears the thunder will start hitting the showers literally midway into the 2nd quarter. The coach will look over to put a player into the game but as he looks over the camera pans and there is no one on the bench, they are already going home.

Kobe was 10-21 in the game when Durant was not on him, or 47.6% which is better than his regular season percentage. With Durant on him he went 0-8. Yes clearly that was it.

And no it's 1 if. If Durant returns to form, like he displayed in the 2nd half, this series is over and the 8 will beat the 1.

RazorBaLade
04-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Kobe was 10-21 in the game when Durant was not on him, or 47.6% which is better than his regular season percentage. With Durant on him he went 0-8. Yes clearly that was it.

And no it's 1 if. If Durant returns to form, like he displayed in the 2nd half, this series is over and the 8 will beat the 1.

how can you compare 21 shots to 8? Kobe has had stretches in games in his career where he misses a ton of shots in a row then ends up at 50%. 8 shots isn't enough man. Artest has been working Durant for 3 games and it's STILL too early to say he's shut down Durant.

joyner82
04-23-2010, 06:33 AM
how can you compare 21 shots to 8? Kobe has had stretches in games in his career where he misses a ton of shots in a row then ends up at 50%. 8 shots isn't enough man. Artest has been working Durant for 3 games and it's STILL too early to say he's shut down Durant.

Artest did nothing to Durant in this game. He locked him down in game 1, in game 2 Durant scored fairly well and efficiently but Artest created tons of turnovers. This game Artest had 0 effect on Durant's misses, he just came out of the gates and went 0-7 due to the momentum and him being nervous I presume.

Durant made 8 of his last 17 for 47% which is right around his regular season average despite the fact he couldn't make any outside shots. Hell Durant scored 21 in the 2nd half on 13 shots..either Artest is tired or Durant has adjusted.

Kobe on the other hand appears to struggle big time with Durant's size/length and him having the lateral quickness to at least stay close to Kobe. Did you see his post game interview? He even admitted he struggled with Durant's size a lot and the matchup surprised him. I mean how many times have you EVER seen Kobe's patented fade away blocked?

ODEN>DURANT
04-23-2010, 07:08 AM
LOL, Joyner dissaperead for 4 days and Thunder win and he's back LOL.

Bandwagon much?

joyner82
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM

Bandwagon much?

What is this word? I'm not familiar with it.

Also lol @ your name

CeoTypeDoe619
04-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Artest did nothing to Durant in this game. He locked him down in game 1, in game 2 Durant scored fairly well and efficiently but Artest created tons of turnovers. This game Artest had 0 effect on Durant's misses, he just came out of the gates and went 0-7 due to the momentum and him being nervous I presume.

Durant made 8 of his last 17 for 47% which is right around his regular season average despite the fact he couldn't make any outside shots. Hell Durant scored 21 in the 2nd half on 13 shots..either Artest is tired or Durant has adjusted.

Kobe on the other hand appears to struggle big time with Durant's size/length and him having the lateral quickness to at least stay close to Kobe. Did you see his post game interview? He even admitted he struggled with Durant's size a lot and the matchup surprised him. I mean how many times have you EVER seen Kobe's patented fade away blocked?
Artest didnt shut durant down today?

The first play of the game Artest ripped him and got a easy 2. Artest size, strength is just too much for Durant on top of his quick hands

joyner82
04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Artest didnt shut durant down today?

The first play of the game Artest ripped him and got a easy 2. Artest size, strength is just too much for Durant on top of his quick hands

LOL, you're an idiot. Durant never even gained possession of the ball on that first play. It was a turnover on Krstic.

And Durant dropped 29 and 19 with 21 coming in the 2nd half. Lay off the booze.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
LOL, you're an idiot. Durant never even gained possession of the ball on that first play. It was a turnover on Krstic.

And Durant dropped 29 and 19 with 21 coming in the 2nd half. Lay off the booze.
Yeah shooting 33% and under 20 % against artest.
Durant is averaging 5 turnovers a game,
Why so much if he doesnt play make or run offense? :confusedshrug:

Artest got the clamps on ol' boy

joyner82
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah shooting 33% and under 20 % against artest.
Durant is averaging 5 turnovers a game,
Why so much if he doesnt play make or run offense? :confusedshrug:

Artest got the clamps on ol' boy

He was actually 6/16 vs Artest in the game and 6/11 after his 0-7 start. But it's nice to see you can make up numbers to support your agenda.

2 things are clear

A. You fear Durant
B. You're stupidity knows no bounds

Lakers13
04-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Bandwagon much?

This.

Where were you in games 1 and 2? If your gonna be a Durant groupie, at least be there on his down nights too.

asdf1990
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
He was actually 6/16 vs Artest in the game and 6/11 after his 0-7 start. But it's nice to see you can make up numbers to support your agenda.

2 things are clear

A. You fear Durant
B. You're stupidity knows no bounds

whr u been for the past 5 days wen okc was loosing? anyways can u tell me durant, goat scorer's, ts for the playoffs?

50inchvertical
04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Razor, quit it. Kobe drew fouls, just not shooting fouls. If he is fouled on pass off like you described, that would be a side out of bounds unless the team is in the penalty. :oldlol: at Lakers fans complaining about officiating

Hyman
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Why did Gasol had only one shot in the 4th quarter?

Its obvious to me that currently he is the fittest LA player. He has been playing outstandingly the last one or two months and he is continuing to play well in the postseason

Its incredible he doesnt have more touches when he is proving lately that he is very effective

jody
04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
artest is slowing durant down, but by no means is he "stopping" durant.

that's just not what is happening. how do you score 29 points and grab 19 rebounds but are "stopped"?

OldSchoolBBall
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
artest is slowing durant down, but by no means is he "stopping" durant.

that's just not what is happening. how do you score 29 points and grab 19 rebounds but are "stopped"?

The rebounds are very impressive, but if you can make a star scorer shoot 33% from the field, you've done a great job. That's as close to "stopping" as you'll find against a great scorer.

RazorBaLade
04-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Razor, quit it. Kobe drew fouls, just not shooting fouls. If he is fouled on pass off like you described, that would be a side out of bounds unless the team is in the penalty. :oldlol: at Lakers fans complaining about officiating

when team is over the limit = every foul is fts. kobe should have been to the line at least 2 times

RazorBaLade
04-23-2010, 05:02 PM

wtf, if durant shoots 0-7 its because of durant but if kobe shoots 0-8 its because of the defender?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

RealKnowledge
04-23-2010, 06:09 PM
wtf, if durant shoots 0-7 its because of durant but if kobe shoots 0-8 its because of the defender?

Stop embarrassing yourself.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Exactly this guy is a idiot

itsGameTime
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Perhaps you missed my post.

Durant when guarded by Artest:

game 1: 4/18
game 2: 8/19
game 3: 6/16

He also forced Durant into 4 turnovers in game 1 and 8 turnovers in game 2. Artest is the Durant stopper. 34% shooting and 4.67 turnovers per game is getting shut down.

RazorBaLade
04-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Perhaps you missed my post.

He also forced Durant into 4 turnovers in game 1 and 8 turnovers in game 2. Artest is the Durant stopper. 34% shooting and 4.67 turnovers per game is getting shut down.

This is a guy that said Durant going 0-7 is because of Durant, and Kobe going 0-8 is because of the guy guarding him. Your logic does not apply here.

joyner82
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
If the Thunder win game 4 this becomes a 1 game series. With it tied 2-2, whomever wins game 5 will take the series. Neither OKC or LAL would win on the road with elimination at stake.

bl2k8
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
If the Thunder win game 4 this becomes a 1 game series. With it tied 2-2, whomever wins game 5 will take the series. Neither OKC or LAL would win on the road with elimination at stake.
It won't get to that, Lakers gonna handle bizz in game 4

joyner82
04-24-2010, 01:59 AM
It won't get to that, Lakers gonna handle bizz in game 4

I said IF

and that's a very foolish statement considering it's a Durant made 3 away from being 2-1 Thunder right now.

bl2k8
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
I said IF

and that's a very foolish statement considering it's a Durant made 3 away from being 2-1 Thunder right now.
and the Lakers were a few dumb mistakes from 3-0.

joyner82
04-24-2010, 02:37 AM
and the Lakers were a non kevin durant destroying kobe bryant in the 4th quarter away from 3-0.

FYP

RazorBaLade
04-24-2010, 02:47 AM
FYP

I like how you cleverly avoided my post saying how hypocritical it is of you to say Durant going 0-7 is on Durant but Kobe going 0-8 is on the defender.

and this guys post

"Perhaps you missed my post.

He also forced Durant into 4 turnovers in game 1 and 8 turnovers in game 2. Artest is the Durant stopper. 34% shooting and 4.67 turnovers per game is getting shut down."

You're a fool.

King Lebron LBJ
04-24-2010, 05:30 AM
and the Lakers were a few dumb mistakes from 3-0.

Apples and oranges.

joyner82
04-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Apparently they're not doing the blue out tonight..instead they're doing the whiteout. 19k white shirts will be in the stands.

King Lebron LBJ
04-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Apparently they're not doing the blue out tonight..instead they're doing the whiteout. 19k white shirts will be in the stands.

You live in Oklahoma? or go to any games?

joyner82
04-24-2010, 06:02 AM
You live in Oklahoma? or go to any games?

If I lived in Oklahoma I would kill myself. And nah I live in Austin which is around 10 hours away..too far

King Lebron LBJ
04-24-2010, 06:08 AM
If I lived in Oklahoma I would kill myself. And nah I live in Austin which is around 10 hours away..too far

Would be cool to go to a Thunder home game in the playoffs. Their crowd always seems so up for it and loud.

El Seano
04-24-2010, 06:12 AM

Just dropping by to say you're a total ****in' idiot.

ripthekik
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
why not orange out?

the blue out looks like crap on tv.. looks like just empty benches
the white-out has been done by miami.. doesn't look impressive..
i think only a vibrant color like orange can be it really work