PDA

View Full Version : I have started to notice Melo has a very low Bball iq

CeoTypeDoe619
04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Is it a nuggets thing? The guy is always fouling out and stays in foul trouble. Of the stupidest fouls. Guy act like hes playing street ball with the dumb reach in fouls he keeps getting. He already got 4 fouls with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
These guys desperately need George Karl to talk some sense into them
EDIT--He has 5 FOULS IN THE 3rd QUARTER

:roll:

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Is it a nuggets thing? The guy is always fouling out and stays in foul trouble. Of the stupidest fouls. Guy act like hes playing street ball with the dumb reach in fouls he keeps getting. He already got 4 fouls with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
You just noticed all this?

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Melo's IQ>Rose's IQ

Batz
04-24-2010, 12:30 AM
You notice now...? :wtf:

CeoTypeDoe619
04-24-2010, 12:31 AM
:roll: :roll:
I don't watch much Nuggets basketball

Tito Beasley
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
carmelo anthony doesn't have much of an IQ in any area, basketball or otherwise.

he's just not an intelligent person/player.

sure he's got a lot of natural individual ability to score which certainly impacts the game, but he's not someone you can rely on to actually command an entire offense or lead a group of players. that's why billups was so important for them.

R.H.C.P.
And there's his 5th foul...weak call.

Batz
I don't watch much Nuggets basketball
But you're a Lakers fan, you should notice his stupidity every time you watch them play each other.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
And there's his 5th foul...weak call.

That was the most obvious flop I have ever seen.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 12:34 AM
carmelo anthony doesn't have much of an IQ in any area, basketball or otherwise.

sure he's got a lot of natural individual ability to score which certainly impacts the game, but he's not someone you can rely on to actually command an entire offense or lead a group of players. that's why billups was so important for them.

The Nuggets offense is stagnant, Billups isn't doing sh*t, and our shooters aren't enough of a threat to remove the double from Melo. It's melo against a paint of f*cking floppers. Of course he is going to get offensive fouls.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
:applause:

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Melo's IQ>Rose's IQ
Bait .... hehe

Rose is the leader of his team in his 2nd year.

Melo still isnt the leader of his team.

Dwight Shrute
04-24-2010, 12:38 AM
I question your IQ if you're just figuring this out.

Made From Dust
04-24-2010, 12:41 AM
EDIT--He has 5 FOULS IN THE 3rd QUARTER

Can it really be worse than Kobe's recently? :roll:

Big men scoring at will in paint. *lightbulb goes on* I know what to do! Keep bricking jumpers one after the other. Clang! Clang! Clang! Clang! :lol :lol :lol

Batz
04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Can it really be worse than Kobe's recently? :roll: :lol
Yes.

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Bait .... hehe

Rose is the leader of his team in his 2nd year.

Melo still isnt the leader of his team.

I'm pretty sure Melo was the leader from 2003-2008. He was the leader of the Olympic team if I am not mistaken.

About his intelligence, he's a superstar but doesnt get officiated like one. It has to be frustrating to not get treated the same way as the Durant's,Lebron's and Kobe's. Him and Dwight get hacked each night and rarely have the refs on their side.

Batz
04-24-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm pretty sure Melo was the leader from 2003-2008. He was the leader of the Olympic team if I am not mistaken.
The Olympic Leaders were Lebron and Kobe.

BallsOut
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM

About his intelligence, he's a superstar but doesnt get officiated like one. It has to be frustrating to not get treated the same way as the Durant's,Lebron's and Kobe's. Him and Dwight get hacked each night and rarely have the refs on their side.

Just because he scored the most pts in the olympics doesn't make him the leader :roll:

Melo is their best player, but Billups is, and has been the Nuggets leader ever since he got to Denver. Don't get it twisted.

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Just because he scored the most pts in the olympics doesn't make him the leader :roll:

Melo is their best player, but Billups is, and has been the Nuggets leader ever since he got to Denver. Don't get it twisted.
One, I wasnt basing Melo being the leader of the Olympic team by how many points he scored, I just remember hearing an interview where a player said that he was the leader.

Two, in the post that you quoted,(and should have read) I said that Melo was the Nuggets leader from 2003-2008. Billups did not arrive until 4 games into the 2008-2009 season.

BallsOut
04-24-2010, 12:55 AM
One, I wasnt basing Melo being the leader of the Olympic team by how many points he scored, I just remember hearing an interview where a player said that he was the leader.

Two, in the post that you quoted,(and should have read) I said that Melo was the Nuggets leader from 2003-2008. Billups did not arrive until 4 games into the 2008-2009 season.

lol my mistake on the dates. He still wasn't the leader in the Olympics. Unless you saw a different Olympics than I did.

Kidd, Kobe and were the leaders mainly. Everyone just knew Melo as the unstoppable scorer in the Olympics. Matter of fact, Melo and Lebron both said they learned a lot from Kobe, implying he was their leader.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:01 AM
"They" actually said "what"??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IdxBj49So

Honestly, why are we even discussing this? Who the hell would make Melo the leader? If Coach Mike and Brian whats his name actually did do that they would have gotten bronze at best.

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 01:04 AM

Honestly, why are we even discussing this? Who the hell would make Melo the leader? If Coach Mike and Brian whats his name actually did do that they would have gotten bronze at best.

No one made melo the leader. I have seen another interview and I think either Chris Bosh or Wade said that Melo is probably the leader.

nbastatus
04-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Durant > Melo. What kind of superstar would get himself into a foul trouble in the 3rd quarter.:oldlol:

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:08 AM

"The" leader and "a" leader are different things. It's not like Coach K tells player A to lead and players B-J to be responsive. F*ck, is this hard to understand? It's not like any one person has the clear "leader" designation on an all-star squad. If anything, Melo led by example with his hustle, boarding, competitiveness, etc.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:09 AM
"The" leader and "a" leader are different things. It's not like Coach K tells player A to lead and player B-J to be responsive. F*ck, is this hard to understand? It's not like any one person has the clear "leader" designation on an all-star squad. If anything, Melo led by example with his hustle, boarding, competitiveness, etc.

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Durant > Melo. What kind of superstar would get himself into a foul trouble in the 3rd quarter.:oldlol:
Wade was in foul trouble I believe.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:14 AM

What's funny? The fact that you can't come up with a counter-argument? You know, that is kind of funny. :lol

BallsOut
04-24-2010, 01:19 AM
He doesn't need to come up with a counter-argument. Are we going to take a hall of fame college coach's decision whom is respected by most if not all NBA players, or are we going to take airchibundo507's opinion, the guy who can't stay off of Melo's nuts.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:20 AM
What's funny? The fact that you can't come up with a counter-argument? You know, that is kind of funny. :lol
And what's your argument? Melo is a leader because of 'hustle' and 'competitiveness'? So by your logic Shawn Marion is a leader? Is the birdman a leader? That's one hell of an argument.

L2r. We're talking the official leaders of the Olympic Team. These Guys were Lebron, Kidd and Kobe. But I don't expect a Melo nut-huger to accept that.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 01:23 AM
He doesn't need to come up with a counter-argument. Are we going to take a hall of fame college coach's decision whom is respected by most if not all NBA players, or are we going to take airchibundo507's opinion, the guy who can't stay off of Melo's nuts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/LeBrondance.gif

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:23 AM
And what's your argument? Melo is a leader because of 'hustle' and 'competitiveness'? So by your logic Shawn Marion is a leader? Is the birdman a leader? That's one hell of an argument.

L2r. We're talking the official leaders of the Olympic Team. These Guys were Lebron, Kidd and Kobe. But I don't expect a Melo nut-huger to accept that.

Did Melo used to be known for his hustle and competitiveness? He played terrible defense on the Nuggets and would play legit defense on the FIBA squads, diving for loose balls and grabbing boards with fervor. Who wouldn't respect that kind of sacrifice?

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:24 AM

Coach K posts on ISH?? No way, brah.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Did Melo used to be known for his hustle and competitiveness? He played terrible defense on the Nuggets and would play legit defense on the FIBA squads, diving for loose balls and grabbing boards with fervor. Who wouldn't respect that kind of sacrifice?
Thats the point, he doesn't play like that for the Nuggets. He only puts energy on the offensive end. That is NOT respectable, and not an admirable quality in a "leader." But Melo isn't a leader. He's never been the leader of the Nuggets, and was never a leader on Team USA. Respected / talented offensive player? Absolutely. Leader / All Around Player? No. Better than Kevin Durant @ ANYTHING? **** no.

nbastatus
04-24-2010, 01:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/LeBrondance.gif
:oldlol: Woah, nice dance.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Thats the point, he doesn't play like that for the Nuggets. He only puts energy on the offensive end. That is NOT respectable, and not an admirable quality in a "leader." But Melo isn't a leader. He's never been the leader of the Nuggets, and was never a leader on Team USA. Respected / talented offensive player? Absolutely. Leader / All Around Player? No. Better than Kevin Durant @ ANYTHING? **** no.

Notice the use of past tense in the first sentence. The Nuggets have f*cking nationally televised postseason games and this b*tch still doesn't want to watch a game to attempt to substantiate any of his claims. Melo has been playing legit defense for the last two years now, bud.

ReturnofJPR
04-24-2010, 01:28 AM
No one ever said Melo was smart.

Remember him on MTV's Punk'd? He seemed like a 10 year old in a man's body...totally brain dead.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:29 AM
He avged 4 rpg in the olympics... :rolleyes:

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:30 AM
He avged 4 rpg in the olympics... :rolleyes:

And the other years? Which year exactly are you referencing?

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:32 AM
No one ever said Melo was smart.

Remember him on MTV's Punk'd? He seemed like a 10 year old in a man's body...totally brain dead.

Punk'd was a prank tv show that notoriously caught famous people off-guard and in pressing situations. That's really the basis of your opinions about him? He has changed drastically since then, too. It's a f*cking shame that some are so closed minded.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:32 AM
And the other years? Which year exactly are you referencing?
2008 Olympics he avged 4
2007 FIBA he avged 5
2006 FIBA he avged 4

k.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Notice the use of past tense in the first sentence. The Nuggets have f*cking nationally televised postseason games and this b*tch still doesn't want to watch a game to attempt to substantiate any of his claims. Melo has been playing legit defense for the last two years now, bud.
Melo hasn't been playing legit defense. LOL ... And it certainly isn't better than Durant.

You are so mad, that you are calling a fellow board member a b*tch without even knowing me, taking this down a personal route because I'm trying to keep you level headed about your boy Carmelo Anthony?

The only one showing b*tch like qualities is you. Catching feelings when people give countless reasons on why he isn't better than Durant or has low bball IQ. You're the guy who seems to be swinging from Melo's dick like Tarzan on a jungle vine. True b*tch like qualities, right there.

:oldlol:

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:34 AM
2008 Olympics he avged 4
2007 FIBA he avged 5
2006 FIBA he avged 4

k.

Are you citing correctly? What website are you using?

I specifically remember Melo averaging 21 ppg and 6 rpg in one tournament and being awarded "Player of the Tournament" honors. His rebounding averages were second on the team. That was one of the earlier seasons.

TheAnchorman
04-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Melo hasn't been playing legit defense. LOL ... And it certainly isn't better than Durant.

You are so mad, that you are calling a fellow board member a b*tch without even knowing me, taking this down a personal route because I'm trying to keep you level headed about your boy Carmelo Anthony?

The only one showing b*tch like qualities is you. Catching feelings when people give countless reasons on why he isn't better than Durant or has low bball IQ. You're the guy who seems to be swinging from Melo's dick like Tarzan on a jungle vine. True b*tch like qualities, right there.

Kind of makes me ashamed to be a Nuggets fan sometimes. Similar to Cabbage in that respect actually.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Are you citing correctly? What website are you using?

I specifically remember Melo averaging 21 ppg and 6 rpg in one tournament and being awarded "Player of the Tournament" honors. His rebounding averages were second on the team. That was one of the earlier seasons.
Team USA basketball site...

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:36 AM

I've yet to argue with you about the better player between the Durant and Melo. Instead, I've been focusing on correcting the many misconceptions that you have about Carmelo.

Samurai Swoosh
Kind of makes me ashamed to be a Nuggets fan sometimes. Similar to Cabbage in that respect actually.
Oh it's fine, dude. I'm not painting you guys with a broad brush. But this dude is just a straight up clown, like bozo.

airchibundo507
Team USA basketball site...

post the link

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:38 AM
post the link
http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=msnt_stats

Myth
Punk'd was a prank tv show that notoriously caught famous people off-guard and in pressing situations. That's really the basis of your opinions about him? He has changed drastically since then, too. It's a f*cking shame that some are so closed minded.

Martin Luther King Jr. thinks moments like that are best for basing opinions of people:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

airchibundo507

How do I make you ashamed? Maybe I am missing something?

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 01:39 AM
I've been focusing on correcting the many misconceptions that you have about Carmelo.
I have no misconceptions about Melo. Everything I say about him is un-filtered, un-biased truth. A hell of a scorer, plays little to no defense, lackluster rebounding for his size and tenacity he shows on offense, low bball IQ / or IQ in general, lacks any redeeming leadership qualities. If he ever proved me wrong on any of these, I'd be the first to say I'm wrong and congradulate him. He hasn't proven one of these issues wrong yet.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Martin Luther King Jr. thinks so:

Then all of us don't meet the King's criteria. How would you feel if some kids spray painted your expensive car? (That was a set-up for one of their pranks: irrevocable damage to the expensive car of a famous person)

TheAnchorman
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
How do I make you ashamed? Maybe I am missing something?
Intelligence? And level-headedness?

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Then all of us don't meet the King's criteria. How would you feel if some kids spray painted your expensive car? (That was a set-up for one of their pranks: irrevocable damage to the expensive car of a famous person)
Do people realize that Punk'd is fake?

gts
04-24-2010, 01:43 AM
forgive him, he's a low iq fan.. true story

hitmanyr2k
04-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Did someone say Carmelo played defense? :lol Have you ever seen that guy's defensive ratings?

2004 - 105
2005 - 107
2006 - 108
2007 - 108
2008 - 107
2009 - 107
2010 - 109

That's...that's ugly :oldlol: A good defender is at least somewhere around 102 - 103.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:44 AM
I have no misconceptions about Melo. Everything I say about him is un-filtered, un-biased truth. A hell of a scorer, plays little to no defense, lackluster rebounding for his size and tenacity he shows on offense, low bball IQ / or IQ in general, lacks any redeeming leadership qualities. If he ever proved me wrong on any of these, I'd be the first to say I'm wrong and congradulate him. He hasn't proven one of these issues wrong yet.

When you don't watch games and make unfounded assumptions, of course he won't have the opportunity to prove you wrong.

Yes, Melo does play defense.

Rebounding? Did you miss the two month period where Melo averaged 8+ rpg in KMart's absence? How about the 18 board game he had a month ago? His frontcourt is loaded and of course he won't the same opportunity as a guy like Durant to grab boards. ****, Melo averaged 7+ boards for an entire season just 2-3 years ago. Do you have a short memory or something?

Leadership? I guess you missed the part where he was a major contributor on team USA. Named a co-captain alongside James and Wade.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Do people realize that Punk'd is fake?

How so? The reactions are genuine.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:47 AM
When you don't watch games and make unfounded assumptions, of course he won't have the opportunity to prove you wrong.

Yes, Melo does play defense.

Rebounding? Did you miss the two month period where Melo averaged 8+ rpg in KMart's absence? How about the 18 board game he had a month ago? His frontcourt is loaded and of course he won't the same opportunity as a guy like Durant to grab boards. ****, Melo averaged 7+ boards for an entire season just 2-3 years ago. Do you have a short memory or something?

Leadership? I guess you missed the part where he was a major contributor on team USA. Named a co-captain alongside James and Wade.
No doesn't play defense. Love my counter-argument there?

He's a good rebounder. Decent for size and position.

And didn't I just go over this with you about Team USA or I got you confused with another Melo fan boy with that avatar?

How so? The reactions are genuine.
Good acting after several tries? If Punk'd was real then Ashton Kutcher would be rotting in prison.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:48 AM
No doesn't play defense. Love my counter-argument there?

He's a good rebounder. Decent for size and position.

And didn't I just go over this with you about Team USA or I got you confused with another Melo fan boy with that avatar?

So now you think he is a good rebounder. I guess that is a start.

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 01:49 AM
He likes Kobe?

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM
So now you think he is a good rebounder. I guess that is a start.
Yeah, only comment on that... :lol

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Good acting after several tries? If Punk'd was real then Ashton Kutcher would be rotting in prison.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Of course Punk'd payed for the damages to the car that I mentioned earlier. Carmelo is a famous basketball player---not an actor.

Have you even seen an episode?

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Yeah, only comment on that... :lol

The rest really comes down to watching games. I've watched about 90% of the Nugget games on the season, so whatev.

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
The rest really comes down to watching games. I've watched about 90% of the Nugget games on the season, so whatev.
Stats say you're blind.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Stats say you're blind.

What?

Batz
04-24-2010, 01:55 AM
What?
Wow, I feel like I'm talking a little kid. :banghead:

You say that Melo is a good defender because you watch the game though stats show that he is a horrible defender.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 01:58 AM

You say that Melo is a good defender because you watch the game though stats show that he is a horrible defender.

Which stats? I want to see a list of the players with the highest "defensive stats".

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 01:58 AM

To be fair stats don't represent how good of a defender someone is ...

All I need to do is watch and see how Melo puts little effort on that end of the floor, and even when he does he's not very sound in his defensive mechanics.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 02:00 AM
To be fair stats don't represent how good of a defender someone is ...

All I need to do is watch and see how Melo puts little effort on that end of the floor, and even when he does he's not very sound in his defensive mechanics.

Tell me his defensive strengths and weaknesses. You've watched games, right? Tell me what he excels at and what he doesn't excel at when he puts in the effort.

gts
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM
He likes Kobe?
lol he doesn't just like him, it's kinda sad actually...lol
he's one of the worst posters on ISH, complete troll, although this airchibundo is giving him a good run for his money.. they may be related

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 02:03 AM
F*ck it, I'm going to sleep.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Tell me his defensive strengths and weaknesses. You've watched games, right? Tell me what he excels at and what he doesn't excel at when he puts in the effort.
Why do you keep asking me if I watch the games? I wouldn't be talking about him if I didn't. I've seen Melo play in countless games.

He doesn't excel at anything defensively even when he tries. He tries to play defense with his hands and forearms and not his feet. He's slow laterally on defense. Which doesn't make sense cause I know he has lightning quick foot speed laterally on offense off his spin move, where is that ability on defense? He doesn't understand angles, defensively. Help side defense is bad, because he has low intelligence and isn't quick to realize where help is needed.

He's just flat out a lazy defender.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Lol hop off my nuts :roll: :roll:
I actually play ball im not some small white boy who never touched a basketball like you. Lol you were probably a average player in rec ball

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Lol hop off my nuts :roll: :roll:
I actually play ball im not some small white boy who never touched a basketball like you. Lol you were probably a average player in rec ball
What does his race have to do with it?

I'm white and I guarantee you I'd make you my ***** if we played.

imnew09
04-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Yall gotta stop hating on melo, because he's a star.
He doesnt have a low iq; he commits many "stupid" fouls because he hadnt matured yet. In a year or 2, he will drop his puerile mind and starts to play at a Superstar level.

Batz
Are you serious? You really want me to sit hear and type out the obvious? He's a horrible defender, everyone knows this. At least I thought they did. But why don't you? Are you that much of a fan boy?

For starters he thinks it's streetball and you can play physical and reach-in. He has horrible mobility and footwork when it comes to defense and lets not forget his lazyness and then there's the horrible bball IQ. Doesn't have any impressive stat which says he's a good defender either. Pretty bad DRtg. Just as much fouls and turnovers.

DPOY anyone?

CeoTypeDoe619

:rolleyes: . Less then likely. But i can tell how people talk if they scrubs or not. They try to make up for their lack of ever being good at basketballl by trying to act like a Basketball Scholar its sad and embarrassing.:ohwell:

D-Rose
04-24-2010, 02:11 AM
I love it when the trolls battle. Let the dogs bite each other yall! Reminds me of the ending of that Will Smith movie where he gets the mobsters and the agency ppl to shoot each other in the end

phoenix18
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

This guy=All talk.

Ceo, you got this. Shutout.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-24-2010, 02:15 AM
I love it when the trolls battle. Let the dogs bite each other yall! Reminds me of the ending of that Will Smith movie where he gets the mobsters and the agency ppl to shoot each other in the end
Yo didnt you have a Okc Playoff avatar?

zizozain
04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
F*ck it, I'm going to sleep.
good idea
i lke Melo and thr nuggets .. but cmon

stop embarrassing yourself

D-Rose
04-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Yo didnt you have a Okc Playoff avatar?
Had an avy with KD n Russ not a playoff one.

King Lebron LBJ
04-24-2010, 05:36 AM
The Nuggets low IQ is why they won't win a title for a while. Until they get smart players they will never beat the top teams. They will come close but come up short.

kurple
04-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Melo > Kobe. And come one, everyone saw that his 5th foul was an obvious flop..

detroitkid816
04-24-2010, 11:19 AM
lol @ this leader bs. The fact remains that billups is a shoot first pg who shoots a low fg% and isn't nearly as integral to denver's success as melo is. Which is more important in the 4th quarter, Chauncey's "leadership" or melo's actual production? you all can talk this leader foolishness all u want, wait till that quarter comes, its this same leader taking all those ill-advised shots trying to live up to his reputation, while melo is one the nba's "leaders" in 4th quarter scoring

MeLO MvP 15
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
it also helps that he doesnt get any respect at all from the refs... like lebron charges all teh time and never gets called for it.... he reaches in and doesnt get called for it...

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
good idea
i lke Melo and thr nuggets .. but cmon

stop embarrassing yourself

Don't worry. The whole internet thing kind of protects my anonymity.

ZenMaster
04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
lol @ this leader bs. The fact remains that billups is a shoot first pg who shoots a low fg% and isn't nearly as integral to denver's success as melo is. Which is more important in the 4th quarter, Chauncey's "leadership" or melo's actual production? you all can talk this leader foolishness all u want, wait till that quarter comes, its this same leader taking all those ill-advised shots trying to live up to his reputation, while melo is one the nba's "leaders" in 4th quarter scoring

Billups is the 2nd most effective PG in the league when it comes to scoring, at least of PGs playing more than 30 mins or so per game.

OneMoreSucka
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

This guy=All talk.

Ceo, you got this. Shutout.
LOL U srs???

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Billups is the 2nd most effective PG in the league when it comes to scoring, at least of PGs playing more than 30 mins or so per game.

Not over the last two months. Check his March and April averages.

ZenMaster
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Not over the last two months. Check his March and April averages.

Sucks for your team. He's got it back pretty well for the playoffs though. .616%TS so far, that's pretty good.

Batz
04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Which is more important in the 4th quarter, Chauncey's "leadership"
That.

NuggetsFan
04-24-2010, 05:46 PM

You say lackluster rebounding for his size but he pulls down like close to 7 a game with a frontline of K-Mart\Nene\Birdman compared to Durants what like 8? when he doesn't have a whole lot of bigs. And Durants like 6'10.

Plays little to no defense? that's just untrue. I've seen like 70+ Nuggets games this year and he can turn it on when he needs to like most other offensive players. He's not a very smart defender but he can still close out on shooters and is actually pretty good at guarding players down low.

Lacks any leadership? This seriously needs to stop. YOUR a person on a msgboard. YOU don't know what goes on in the lockerroom. All you know is what is fed to you by the media. How can you say Melo doesn't lead anything? Did the Nuggets coaches\players\managment come to you and tell you that? Nahh didn't think so bro.

Low IQ\Basketball IQ? He might not be Jason Kidd but if you watch him go to work on offense it's hilarious to think that he has a low basketball IQ. He is in the NBA tho. Not like he's an athletic freak either so chances are he knows a little bit about the game :rolleyes:

But of course your the Melo hater. Seen you post about him before. Probably check the boxscores and watch a few games and act like your an expert on him.

ZenMaster
04-24-2010, 06:48 PM
You say lackluster rebounding for his size but he pulls down like close to 7 a game with a frontline of K-Mart\Nene\Birdman compared to Durants what like 8? when he doesn't have a whole lot of bigs. And Durants like 6'10. .

Lacks any leadership? This seriously needs to stop. YOUR a person on a msgboard. YOU don't know what goes on in the lockerroom. All you know is what is fed to you by the media. How can you say Melo doesn't lead anything? Did the Nuggets coaches\players\managment come to you and tell you that? Nahh didn't think so bro.

Well the Thunder is a better rebounding team than Denver bigs or no bigs, so if Melo was this IQ player you're talking about he should probably recognize this and give more of an effort when it comes to rebounding, it would help his team out.

As to the leadership thing. You must have seen when he got taken out by Durant's abs and was laying there. None of his teammates stepped in checking on him, hell no one even fouled to stop the game. This shouldn't happen to any player, let alone one who brings the guys together in the locker room. Human instinct should tell you to react if when guy that you care about in that situation. Instead JR just shrugged his shoulders at him when play finally did stop, but JR or no one else rushed to check on him and that should tell you something.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Well the Thunder is a better rebounding team than Denver bigs or no bigs, so if Melo was this IQ player you're talking about he should probably recognize this and give more of an effort when it comes to rebounding, it would help his team out.

We say Melo can play defense, and you translate that as if he's the smartest basketball player in the league? :lol Our philosophy emphasizes transition offense, so we have our perimeter players leaking out in transition on missed shots. When KMart was out, Melo stepped up his boarding significantly.

As to the leadership thing. You must have seen when he got taken out by Durant's abs and was laying there. None of his teammates stepped in checking on him, hell no one even fouled to stop the game. This shouldn't happen to any player, let alone one who brings the guys together in the locker room. Human instinct should tell you to react if when guy that you care about in that situation. Instead JR just shrugged his shoulders at him when play finally did stop, but JR or no one else rushed to check on him and that should tell you something.

That whole event tells more about JR than it does about Melo.

zORi
04-24-2010, 07:40 PM

It really does, I swear that guy is an idiot. Basketball-wise, anyway.

If he wasn't so athletic/skilled he would have little to no value. Instead, he's just wasted potential. I actually hopes he gets it together.

ZenMaster
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
We say Melo can play defense, and you translate that as if he's the smartest basketball player in the league? :lol Our philosophy emphasizes transition offense, so we have our perimeter players leaking out in transition on missed shots. When KMart was out, Melo stepped up his boarding significantly.

"He might not be Jason Kidd but if you watch him go to work on offense it's hilarious to think that he has a low basketball IQ."
^^That's not talking about Melos defense. And i never translated anything to him "being the smartest player in the league" don't twist my words.

And when KMart was out, he only stepped up his boarding for a while, you have said that yourself.

It wasn't just JR, there where more guys on the floor.

NuggetsFan
04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
"He might not be Jason Kidd but if you watch him go to work on offense it's hilarious to think that he has a low basketball IQ."
^^That's not talking about Melos defense. And i never translated anything to him "being the smartest player in the league" don't twist my words.

And when KMart was out, he only stepped up his boarding for a while, you have said that yourself.

It wasn't just JR, there where more guys on the floor.

So how did I say he's extremely smart? All I said was it was hilarious to think that a player with Melo's offensive game has a low basketball ball IQ. Like he tears apart opposing defense's it's not like it's a bush league it's the NBA. It's not like he's just extremely athletic either. People are kidding themselves if they think a talent like Melo has a low basketball IQ.

J.R Smith has a lowbasketball IQ. Look at the difference between him and Melo and you'll see why it's stupid to think Melo has a low basketball IQ.

And I was comparing Durant to Melo rebounding wise because buddy was calling Melo a bad rebounder and mentioned Durant. I'd wajor that when K-Mart was out Melo was pretty much the same as Durant rebounding wise. People always seem to overlook the fact Melo pulls down 2 offensive boards a game and is suppose to leak out on the break after a shot instead of hanging around the bucket.

Well either way it looked worse on J.R. And Melo falling down and nobody calling a timeout automatically = he's not a leader?. People don't know how Melo acts in the locker room. So people need to stop pushing this "Well uhhh Melo isn't a good leader duhh" agenda.

ZenMaster
04-24-2010, 09:09 PM
So how did I say he's extremely smart? All I said was it was hilarious to think that a player with Melo's offensive game has a low basketball ball IQ. Like he tears apart opposing defense's it's not like it's a bush league it's the NBA. It's not like he's just extremely athletic either. People are kidding themselves if they think a talent like Melo has a low basketball IQ.

J.R Smith has a lowbasketball IQ. Look at the difference between him and Melo and you'll see why it's stupid to think Melo has a low basketball IQ.

And I was comparing Durant to Melo rebounding wise because buddy was calling Melo a bad rebounder and mentioned Durant. I'd wajor that when K-Mart was out Melo was pretty much the same as Durant rebounding wise. People always seem to overlook the fact Melo pulls down 2 offensive boards a game and is suppose to leak out on the break after a shot instead of hanging around the bucket.

Well either way it looked worse on J.R. And Melo falling down and nobody calling a timeout automatically = he's not a leader?. People don't know how Melo acts in the locker room. So people need to stop pushing this "Well uhhh Melo isn't a good leader duhh" agenda.

Alright Melo is a pretty good rebounder, i'll give you that.

But i don't think he has a high basketball IQ, i just don't see it, too many bad decisions IMO. And him being a great scorer in which a lot of come from 1on1 play doesn't make me think otherwise.

"J.R Smith has a lowbasketball IQ. Look at the difference between him and Melo and you'll see why it's stupid to think Melo has a low basketball IQ.
"
That's not a good enough argument as JR just might be the dumbest player in the league. There are levels in between being maybe worst and good.

And as for the leadership thing. When i talked about JR and his teammates i said something of the sort of "natural reaction to somebody you truly care about", this is not IQ driven.

I don't have an agenda towards him, some people are leaders and some are not, that's just the way it is. It doesn't mean he's not a very good player.

TROLL_HUNTER
04-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Mello has the IQ of a brickwall. He owes everything to his super natural talent. and please.... its funny to see how many people still confuse "leadership" with ball-hogging... a true leader inspire his teammates and elevates the play of the whole team, not only by scoring 30 points but facilitating the game for other players...

NuggetsFan
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Alright Melo is a pretty good rebounder, i'll give you that.

But i don't think he has a high basketball IQ, i just don't see it, too many bad decisions IMO. And him being a great scorer in which a lot of come from 1on1 play doesn't make me think otherwise.

"J.R Smith has a lowbasketball IQ. Look at the difference between him and Melo and you'll see why it's stupid to think Melo has a low basketball IQ.
"
That's not a good enough argument as JR just might be the dumbest player in the league. There are levels in between being maybe worst and good.

And as for the leadership thing. When i talked about JR and his teammates i said something of the sort of "natural reaction to somebody you truly care about", this is not IQ driven.

I don't have an agenda towards him, some people are leaders and some are not, that's just the way it is. It doesn't mean he's not a very good player.

Fair enough. I'm not saying Melo is a high IQ player just saying he doesn't have as low of an IQ that some people are making it seem like in this thread. To be the scorer he is you have to have some sort of a decent IQ. He knows the game of basketball and he knows of the read the defense on most nights. I just don't understand saying he has a low basketball IQ.

Leadership is just mumbo jumbo in most cases. People just speculate. Nobody here actually knows if Melo's a good leader or not. Nobody is in the dressing room before the game. People will say the Nuggets became a contender when Billups showed up and it's because Melo couldn't lead but that can easily be countered by looking at how much of a perfect fit Billups was and how much of an awful fit Iverson was.

ZenMaster
04-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Fair enough. I'm not saying Melo is a high IQ player just saying he doesn't have as low of an IQ that some people are making it seem like in this thread. To be the scorer he is you have to have some sort of a decent IQ. He knows the game of basketball and he knows of the read the defense on most nights. I just don't understand saying he has a low basketball IQ.

Leadership is just mumbo jumbo in most cases. People just speculate. Nobody here actually knows if Melo's a good leader or not. Nobody is in the dressing room before the game. People will say the Nuggets became a contender when Billups showed up and it's because Melo couldn't lead but that can easily be countered by looking at how much of a perfect fit Billups was and how much of an awful fit Iverson was.

I'll be the first to argue there's a lot more going on that fans don't know about. That's in a lot of aspects of the game, as we only get to see 48 minutes of play #x times a week. But as for on-court leadership, getting guys settled and making sure guys are focusing on the team and what needs to be done etc. you can sort of get a feel to that aspect by watching their demeanor and how they interact with each other. And as for that aspect Melo doesn't really do it for me with the whole laugh and shake his head routine.

airchibundo507
04-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I'll be the first to argue there's a lot more going on that fans don't know about. That's in a lot of aspects of the game, as we only get to see 48 minutes of play #x times a week. But as for on-court leadership, getting guys settled and making sure guys are focusing on the team and what needs to be done etc. you can sort of get a feel to that aspect by watching their demeanor and how they interact with each other. And as for that aspect Melo doesn't really do it for me with the whole laugh and shake his head routine.

Yep, you can't be happy leader.

OldSkoolball#52
11-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Lol @ "i have started to notice..."

#TBThursday

Leftimage
11-08-2013, 02:32 AM
I knew he had low bball IQ /zero leadership skills from the moment I saw him with Syracuse. He's a really fancy scoring weapon - probably one of the fanciest of his generation. Should have been paired with a Steve Nash type from the beginning though.

The comparisons with Lebron probably hurt him early on - the ''well-rounded'' thing is not for everyone.

Funnyfuka
11-08-2013, 02:47 AM

it's not just that...just like say howard, he simply doesnt care about winning. Not everyone has jordan, kobe , lebron, wade westbrook rose or durant 's will to win, even while swimming in millions daily. Most once they hit the jackpot simply stop caring progressively.