PDA

View Full Version : Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Lakers (2-1) @ Thunder (1-2)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MAC system
04-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Yes I have, Lakers are being called for fouls that happen on the other end and aren't called. There is 0 consistency to this game. Kobe hits harden on the hand for a 3 its called an and 1, westbrook? does it to Fisher, EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, no call. Joke.

But like I said, not making excuses, its an away game and I'm sure the lakers will be getting more calls then OKC at home. Lakers should still be winning.

Chili .. tell me about it. The switch was a myth, I guess. I thought it was legit =(
Shut up dude. That's the even flow of a playoff series. You should be bitching about your team taking too many jumpshots and not feeding their bigs, rather than the fouls.

Juges8932
04-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Are you stupid? You just called the whole Laker fan base "Lakerfags."

Forgive him. He's a little slow. He put all his brain power into trying to make a clever line, which resulted in, "Lakerfags."

RazorBaLade
La this year is looking exactly like Bos in 08. Couldn't do shit in the first round or any round really until the finals / conf finals when their shot started going. if lakers start shooting good, watch out.

Anyways im outta here. gm 5 is gonna be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUGE

TennesseeFan
Are you stupid? You just called the whole Laker fan base "Lakerfags."

Because you are Lakerfags? :confusedshrug:
:lol :lol :lol

Gundress
04-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Series tied at 2-2.:rolleyes:

You have to understand that teams in West, almost of them have the same records 50 won, Lakers won 55.....Any teams in this West Conf can beat any West teams. Even the West teams who didn't make the playoff still have better records than East teams who made it to playoff. That's why East teams always lost to West in the final games.

Lebron23
Shut up dude. That's the even flow of a playoff series. You should be bitching about your team taking too many jumpshots and not feeding their bigs, rather than the fouls.

This

Jailblazers7
OKC with a +13 rebounding advantage.

Juges8932

Have you watched the game? The bigs have been getting fed a lot and it wasn't working. They aren't playing with any passion and are getting dominated on the boards by a much smaller team. The problem wasn't the strategy, it was the lack of passion and desire to win.

Xsatyr
04-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Woah Walton, that could have been bad.

R.H.C.P.
Walton ftw

The_Yearning
I agree. I love Jeff Green. I'd hate to see him leave but he may have to for this team to make sense. We need a decent offensive threat and true big. I don't think Nenad is going to cut it as a starter. Ibaka is a great energy guy off the bench who can play the 4 or 5, so I don't have a big problem with Green starting at the 4, but he's more of a 3 IMO. The only other option is to slide Green to the 3, Durant to the 2, and then figure out what to do with Sefolosha. Thabo is very valuable to us as well, though, so I don't know what would be the best solution. I have faith in our FO thought.

Are you stupid? The second you put KD on the 2 is the day they will go back to losing. Damn everyone on this board with the "KG" in their username is just dumb as fk, it's almost like it's the color of your skin or something.

TennesseeFan
absolutely getting manhandled.

kidachi
04-24-2010, 11:59 PM
i hope this continues through the series.

so Phil and the Lakers would know what it feels on the other side of bad officiating..

Juges8932
La this year is looking exactly like Bos in 08. Couldn't do shit in the first round or any round really until the finals / conf finals when their shot started going. if lakers start shooting good, watch out.

Anyways im outta here. gm 5 is gonna be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Let's not jump the gun. They have to make it to the second-round first lol.

KG5MVP
walton is bad

Kobe4life
bynum sucks so bad lmao

TennesseeFan
Beat La! Beat La!

King Lebron LBJ
04-25-2010, 12:00 AM
27 points :eek:

Lebron23

puppychili
Beat La! Beat La!

Is there a better chant in all of sports? :D

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-25-2010, 12:01 AM
this is fcking disgusting.

Eggy
Because you are Lakerfags? :confusedshrug:
I see I'm talking to a child.

MK2V1GP

Nope! :cheers:

Lakers13
bynum sucks so bad lmao

Look at this bandwagon jumper :oldlol:

kidachi

:oldlol: NONE.

MK2V1GP
04-25-2010, 12:02 AM
WOW! almost a 30 point lead lol.

Jailblazers7
People will blame Artest's shooting but Pau and Odom's pansy asses only have 10 boards this game. The Lakers are playing like a bunch of sissies.

Abraham Lincoln

BOSTON IS DEAD! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCaMsm9AOag#t=2m11s)

Juges8932
Look at this bandwagon jumper :oldlol:

Lol, no kidding.

King Lebron LBJ
crazy what thunder are doing out there...

konex
04-25-2010, 12:03 AM
What a beatdown...

kidachi
CALL THE POLICE.

OKC IS KILLING THE LAKERS.

-ripped it from Shannon Sharpe. :oldlol: -

MK2V1GP
Don't worry Lakers fans. EVERY team has games like this. I'm sure ya'll will right the ship. Its one bad game. The series is 2-2.

This game is so fun to watch though ;)

MAC system
Have you watched the game? The bigs have been getting fed a lot and it wasn't working. They aren't playing with any passion and are getting dominated on the boards by a much smaller team. The problem wasn't the strategy, it was the lack of passion and desire to win.
Admittedly, I've been in and out of the game. But I've watched 3/4ths of the game and from what I've been seeing is a lot of Laker jumpshots and not enough of Bynum and Gasol. Either way, bitching about the refs is retarded because they're gonna get the calls at home like OKC is getting them right now.

Jailblazers7
James Harden has more points off the bench than the Lakers leading scorer. Jesus.

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 12:04 AM
People will blame Artest's shooting but Pau and Odom's pansy asses only have 10 boards this game. The Lakers are playing like a bunch of sissies.

I don't think the whole team is, but certainly the bigs are. It's rather disappointing to see the lack of effort, passion, and heart out there by them.

konex
http://www.drtedikoehn.com/images/panicButton.jpg

I want Kobe shooting 30 times next game....

Lakers13
Kobe didnt even try today, wtf is that all about? Reminds of the Sun series a few years ago

Gundress
04-25-2010, 12:05 AM

Of course, they are puss!es. :cheers:

imnew09
04-25-2010, 12:07 AM
CALL THE POLICE.

OKC IS KILLING THE LAKERS.

-ripped it from Shannon Sharpe. :oldlol: -

like the heat are doing much better.. down 0 3
STFU

TennesseeFan
04-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm no bandwagon jumper, I've always disliked the Lakers.

leopoldstotch
04-25-2010, 12:08 AM
a kevin ollie appearance!
:rockon:

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Admittedly, I've been in and out of the game. But I've watched 3/4ths of the game and from what I've been seeing is a lot of Laker jumpshots and not enough of Bynum and Gasol. Either way, bitching about the refs is retarded because they're gonna get the calls at home like OKC is getting them right now.

They most definitely have been pounding it inside. Kobe didn't even take a shot until a few minutes into the second. They were really trying to get Gasol and Bynum going, but it wasn't working. LA fell behind fast and it didn't get any better. At certain points, yeah, they did shoot a little bit, but it didn't get any worse. The game was already blown out by then. I wasn't talking about him bitching about the refs, nor did I ***** about the refs. This is probably the first game I haven't bitched about the refs in ANY game. The refs have been awful all playoffs, in every game, just about.

MK2V1GP
Kobe is already back in the locker room?!? did he get hurt? That's the only excuse for him to be in the locker room. If he's just back there b/c this game is a blowout, then wtf?

juju151111
LOL The great Kobe:roll:

kidachi
04-25-2010, 12:11 AM
like the heat are doing much better.. down 0 3
STFU

:oldlol: i don't give a f*ck. I'm a Miami/Detroit fan for life.

Miami's expected to lose anyway.. and it's like Wade vs. KG/Pierce/Ray...

but this game is just fun :oldlol: don't worry fanboy. you'll get it back. stop crying.

CALL THE POLICE. OKC IS KILLING THE LAKERS.

Eggy
lol @ Mbenga.

Juges8932
Kobe didnt even try today, wtf is that all about? Reminds of the Sun series a few years ago

Kobe did try today.... The game plan COMING IN was to pound it inside and get the bigs going due to our "clear" advantage due to the size advantage. So much for that. Kobe took some shots and didn't do badly. He was active on defense. It was the bigs fault we lost this game. Bynum and Gasol looked like they didn't give a ****.

R.H.C.P.
Mbenga's Jumpshot = Money

skaterbasist
04-25-2010, 12:12 AM
I think this might be the first time I've ever doubted Kobe's health. If he can't play at 90% of his game in the playoffs, we don't stand a chance.

04mzwach
This Thunder team is really good at home. I'm guessing the Lakers crowd will be a little bit more interested in game 5? If the Lakers can't even get it done in the post, then they're toast. Plus, the Lakers just can't win this series without Kobe. Everything went wrong for the Lakers in this game. They gave the Thunder hope now. If they don't come back and crush them by 20 or more next game, then this will be a longer and tougher series than the Lakers want. :ohwell:

TennesseeFan
I just hope the Thunder win this series, so people will STFU about the Lakers.

MAC system
They most definitely have been pounding it inside. Kobe didn't even take a shot until a few minutes into the second. They were really trying to get Gasol and Bynum going, but it wasn't working. LA fell behind fast and it didn't get any better. At certain points, yeah, they did shoot a little bit, but it didn't get any worse. The game was already blown out by then. I wasn't talking about him bitching about the refs, nor did I ***** about the refs. This is probably the first game I haven't bitched about the refs in ANY game. The refs have been awful all playoffs, in every game, just about.
The refs was directed at someone else complaining about them.

juju151111
KD looks like ET

TennesseeFan
04-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Mbenga's Jumpshot = Money

Juges8932
Kobe is already back in the locker room?!? did he get hurt? That's the only excuse for him to be in the locker room. If he's just back there b/c this game is a blowout, then wtf?

If you listen to the commentary...they said, "Kobe is headed back to the locker room with the team's masseuse."

NotYetGreat
lol @ Mbenga.
:roll:

I know the game's been decided, but c'mon. :oldlol:

Eggy
04-25-2010, 12:14 AM
KD looks like ET
My thoughts exactly.:lol

KG215
Are you stupid? The second you put KD on the 2 is the day they will go back to losing. Damn everyone on this board with the "KG" in their username is just dumb as fk, it's almost like it's the color of your skin or something.

Chill. And what color do you think my skin is?

I didn't say it was a good decision if they did that. I said it was the only other real option they would have because Green isn't a true NBA PF.

I love seeing a poster jump to conclusions, and make assumptions because of a poster's username, and call other people stupid.

And damn dude, it's a message board. If you take things in real life more seriously than what I posted you must be stressed to the max 24/7.

Blue_Dog45

I hope the Lakers crush the Thunder in game 5, so people will STFU about the Lakers and all the Haterfags will go away.

We'll see what happens.

justaKBfan
best thing about this game is the ft differential, no complaints when teh refs guide la to the win the next two games

puppychili
If you listen to the commentary...they said, "Kobe is headed back to the locker room with the team's masseuse."

Thats the only way he's gonna get a happy ending today. :banana:

MK2V1GP
"teams masseuse" Still a BS reason to bail on your team when you're getting creamated. NO ONE, especially vets, are 100% at this time of the year. I can kind of understand, but not really. BS reason to get off the court. I'd wanna get off the court too after an ass whipping like this.

kidachi
04-25-2010, 12:15 AM

AMEN.

imnew09
04-25-2010, 12:17 AM
:oldlol: i don't give a f*ck. I'm a Miami/Detroit fan for life.

Miami's expected to lose anyway.. and it's like Wade vs. KG/Pierce/Ray...

but this game is just fun :oldlol: don't worry fanboy. you'll get it back. stop crying.

CALL THE POLICE. OKC IS KILLING THE LAKERS.
yea "expected" to lose , wat kind of fan r u?
were u able to predict that iverson will ruin detroit's franchise

im not you, who cried after pierce nailed the buzzer beater.
btw its 2-2, i stil got many games to cheer.

Gundress
04-25-2010, 12:21 AM
This Thunder team is really good at home. I'm guessing the Lakers crowd will be a little bit more interested in game 5? If the Lakers can't even get it done in the post, then they're toast. Plus, the Lakers just can't win this series without Kobe. Everything went wrong for the Lakers in this game. They gave the Thunder hope now. If they don't come back and crush them by 20 or more next game, then this will be a longer and tougher series than the Lakers want. :ohwell:

They actually almost beat Lakers in game 2 if Kevin Durant made that shot.

Eggy
I really like Durant's attitude. He's really mature.

Juges8932
"teams masseuse" Still a BS reason to bail on your team when you're getting creamated. NO ONE, especially vets, are 100% at this time of the year. I can kind of understand, but not really. BS reason to get off the court. I'd wanna get off the court too after an ass whipping like this.

How is he bailing on his team? It was a 30 pt blowout and he was sitting on the bench getting cold and doing nothing. Might as well get a massage and try to get your body right for next game. I think you're just finding any little, stupid reason to hate Kobe and so let's see it for what it is and stop trying to rationalize your agenda as though it isn't already transparent. Hating on Kobe for something so insignificant is childish and unnecessary. Kobe certainly hasn't been bailing on his team this season. Playing whenever he can and being one of the few Lakers who is consistently giving it his all.

MK2V1GP
04-25-2010, 12:22 AM

Agent_Zero
04-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Why is it that whenever the Lakers lose the loss is blamed on the refs and not the fact that they just played ****ing terrible?

Thunder in 6 baby.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Wow, I did not see that coming. It's hard to get a read on the Lakers. Kobe isn't 100%, but tonight he took fewer shots and the Lakers still played terrible. Artest can't hit anything, Fisher is a liability on defense, and nobody is boxing out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamar Odom put into the starting lineup. Bynum and Gasol have played well, but Odom's the X factor that makes this team so dangerous. When he's playing well, and the Lakers are healthy, they're next to unbeatable.

Tuesday's going to be a good game. We'll find out if the Lakers have it in them to repeat.

The_Yearning
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Chill. And what color do you think my skin is?

I didn't say it was a good decision if they did that. I said it was the only other real option they would have because Green isn't a true NBA PF.

I love seeing. people who jump to conclusions band make assumptions because of a poster's username calling other people stupid. And damn dude, it's a message board. If you take things in real life more seriously than what I posted you must be stressed to the max 24/7.

Im chill du.

I don't know why Laker fans seem as apathetic as their team did tonight because these OKC Thunder are LEGIT.

kidachi
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
yea "expected" to lose , wat kind of fan r u?
were u able to predict that iverson will ruin detroit's franchise

im not you, who cried after pierce nailed the buzzer beater.
btw its 2-2, i stil got many games to cheer.

:roll: i love it. sour grapes?

I love Miami. I'll support them whatever happens.. I was a fan when they're on top.. I was a fan when they were 15-67 and had bunch of D-League guys as starters

and now, truth be told.. Boston's the superior team.. whether it's 2-2, 2-1, or 3-0.. it's expected to be like that.. it's not humiliating.. it's Wade vs. Boston's big three..

but this series bet. LA and OKC? it's not supposed to be like this..

anyway dyckhead. stop crying ok? LA's still gonna win this.. it's just that it's really fun watch LA lose.. ok? wipe that tear in your eyes now.

Bond007
04-25-2010, 12:26 AM
The end is near...I Love It !!!:oldlol:

Hawker
04-25-2010, 12:27 AM
48 FTs for the thunder? Geeze.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-25-2010, 12:28 AM
it's saturday night and this is how you choose to spend your night? hating on kobe for something as simple as this? i'd love to see the life expectancy of a laker/kobe hater such as this fcking fool above, stressing about the man 24/7 like a little faqqot freak who wants kb d!ck all up in his brain.

Bond007
04-25-2010, 12:30 AM
unfortunately the Lakers will still:cry: take the series

godofgods
04-25-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm no bandwagon jumper, I've always disliked the Lakers.

Good man. :cheers:

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-25-2010, 12:33 AM
:roll: i love it. sour grapes?

I love Miami. I'll support them whatever happens.. I was a fan when they're on top.. I was a fan when they were 15-67 and had bunch of D-League guys as starters

and now, truth be told.. Boston's the superior team.. whether it's 2-2, 2-1, or 3-0.. it's expected to be like that.. it's not humiliating.. it's Wade vs. Boston's big three..

but this series bet. LA and OKC? it's not supposed to be like this..

anyway dyckhead. stop crying ok? LA's still gonna win this.. it's just that it's really fun watch LA lose.. ok? wipe that tear in your eyes now.
you got all this time and heart invested in the heat, but you can care less if they get swept by boston? what kind of fan says this?

godofgods
04-25-2010, 12:34 AM

Uh oh, she gonna get raped.

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Uh oh, she gonna get raped.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Funny and original. Does it get any better?

Bond007
04-25-2010, 12:36 AM
LOL

Bond007
04-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Utah will beat the Thunders though

kidachi
04-25-2010, 12:38 AM
you got all this time and heart invested in the heat, but you can care less if they get swept by boston? what kind of fan says this?

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING? it felt bad watching them lose. it felt bad seeing them getting eliminated.. but I don't go into a forum cursing.. saying this and that.. criticizing this and that.. IT'S OK.

what you gonna cut your wrist if your favorite team got swept? :oldlol:

Cool Guy
04-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Thunder is a top 3 team if they were in the east.

West>>East

godofgods
04-25-2010, 12:43 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Funny and original. Does it get any better?

It will when the Fakers lose the series! :banana:

Bond007
04-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Lakers probably have one of the worst bench in the league...i think that's difficult to argue

Lebron23
04-25-2010, 12:47 AM

West>>East

Thank you Captain Obvious.

By the way the Cavs are 4-0 againts the Lakers and Thunder.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 12:50 AM

Haha yea.

"OKC is one shy of Lakers opponent playoff record for free throws made (43 @ BOS on 6/12/84)."

I guess OKC just played the most aggressive game vs the Lakers in 20 years right? :rolleyes:

Kingwillball
04-25-2010, 12:50 AM

West>>East

I don't think so..I don't think they are better than the Hawks or Celtics(it's Close) but they definitely would give both teams a Great series like the Lakers. Although there athleticism and young Legs might give Celtics similar problems like the Lakers. Hawks,Cavs, Magic all match up alot better however.

Go Getter
04-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Lakers probably have one of the worst bench in the league...i think that's difficult to argue

You're crazy. Lakers have one of the most stacked teams in the league....

Faberg
04-25-2010, 12:54 AM
I wonder if the Lakers crowd are gonna come out with some passion like OKC's or instead of clap and read books like one poster said earlier. :oldlol:

Blue_Dog45
04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
I wonder if the Lakers crowd are gonna come out with some passion like OKC's or instead of clap and read books like one poster said earlier. :oldlol:

I pray to God that they're at least somewhat loud and not like zombies.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
:rolleyes:

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 12:59 AM

its gonna be loud. We have quiet ass fans unless the game actually means a whole lot, like the phx series in 06, that arena was LOOOOOOOUD. Game 4's, 5's and 7's are ridiculous here but every other game is eh.

Bond007
04-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Bench PRODUCTIVITY..big difference to being so called "stacked" pls look at bench stats and get back to me. remove odom (inconsistent btw) and their bench is rubish

Doranku
04-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

By the way the Cavs are 4-0 againts the Lakers and Thunder.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :lol :lol :party: @ LeBron23 calling someone ELSE Captain Obvious.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 01:19 AM
i can't wait for game 5. we'll find out if the lakers have it in them to repeat. if kobe doesn't show up for this game, we know something is seriously wrong.

maybe the lakers have turned on the switch, but the light bulb is burned out?

juju151111
04-25-2010, 01:20 AM
When is the best in the world surpose to take over??? I am waiting.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 01:21 AM
When is the best in the world surpose to take over??? I am waiting.

39 pts in gm 2 isn't good enough sally?

Freshprince619
04-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Haha yea.

"OKC is one shy of Lakers opponent playoff record for free throws made (43 @ BOS on 6/12/84)."

I guess OKC just played the most aggressive game vs the Lakers in 20 years right? :rolleyes:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Way to funny. David Stern says hi

jstern
04-25-2010, 01:34 AM

He was 12-28, when someone shoots a low FG percentage, I consider it a bad game. Wasn't horrible, but not a game I would brag about.

juju151111
04-25-2010, 01:35 AM
yea that was the gm someone hit OKC coach on the head and made Green guard KB the whole 4gth. LOL oe good gm WOW I am so amazed.

B-Easy
04-25-2010, 01:45 AM

38fg% for the series isnt good enough.

And i saw Sefolosha double Gasol and leave Kobe open often in that 1st half.. and when Gasol would kick it out to Kobe ... Kobe wouldnt even shoot.

Just and odd approach to the game, its one thing to set up your teammates ....its another to just stand around at the 3pt line and not even make yourself a threat. I think he got offended by Phil Jacksons comments .. because i havent seen him play like this all season.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 01:47 AM

And i saw Sefolosha double Gasol and leave Kobe open often in that 1st half.. and when Gasol would kick it out to Kobe ... Kobe wouldnt even shoot.

Just and odd approach to the game, its one thing to set up your teammates ....its another to just stand around at the 3pt line and not even make yourself a threat. I think he got offended by Phil Jacksons comments .. because i havent seen him play like this all season.

it was definitely interesting to watch. there were a couple of times he could have got his own shot and he just decided to pass.

AMISTILLILL
04-25-2010, 01:50 AM
LOL @ people waiting for game 5 to decide if there is something "wrong" with the Lakers right now.

The excuses and blame shifting continue.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 01:52 AM
LOL @ people waiting for game 5 to decide if there is something "wrong" with the Lakers right now.

The excuses and blame shifting continue.

you have to at this point. this team has a history of not playing to their potential until their backs are against the wall. this current team has a lot of things that could potentially hurt their chances to repeat. what i want to know is if they'll be able to overcome their injuries, so-so effort in the regular season, and their shitty team chemistry and win another championship. i'm looking at you kobe bryant. if he struggles in game 5, the lakers are done. we'll know where the lakers stand with his performance and more importantly his mentality.

Derka
04-25-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm watching the ESPN.com replay and I've done everything in my power to avoid seeing the score cos I want to actually watch this thing.

I have to comment on something...this OKC crowd. Wow. They behave like a college bball audience...LOVING the white t-shirts all around the arena, loving their enthusiasm. You might think these people have had a pro team there for years. Love it. Another reason to love playoff basketball right there.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm watching the ESPN.com replay and I've done everything in my power to avoid seeing the score cos I want to actually watch this thing.

I have to comment on something...this OKC crowd. Wow. They behave like a college bball audience...LOVING the white t-shirts all around the arena, loving their enthusiasm. You might think these people have had a pro team there for years. Love it. Another reason to love playoff basketball right there.

i'm biased so it's hard to say... you're probably biased too since you're a celtics fan, but i'm sure your bias will be less than mine. :oldlol: answer me this, do you think the thunder crowd influenced the refs? the officials always favor the utah jazz because those guys are crazy down there. the thunder crowd is definitely louder and more energized.

puppychili
04-25-2010, 02:11 AM
I don't think there's any reason to freak out yet. If L.A. wins game 5 then they will be right back in control. This is very similar to Lakers /Rockets from last year.

puppychili
04-25-2010, 02:14 AM
i'm biased so it's hard to say... you're probably biased too since you're a celtics fan, but i'm sure your bias will be less than mine. :oldlol: answer me this, do you think the thunder crowd influenced the refs? the officials always favor the utah jazz because those guys are crazy down there. the thunder crowd is definitely louder and more energized.

Phil pretty much called out the L.A. fans for game 5, saying that they need to match the Thunder fans energy.

Did the Thunder fans influence the refs? Absolutely. Thats what a great home crowd is supposed to do. But thats not why the Lakers lost by 21.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 02:14 AM
I don't think there's any reason to freak out yet. If L.A. wins game 5 then they will be right back in control. This is very similar to Lakers /Rockets from last year.

not really. the lakers noticeably outplayed the rockets in that series and they only lost because they decided to sleepwalk through the games after taking series leads.

this series reminds me of the pacers/nets. a very good team that's not at the peak of their game and another team that's extremely athletic a tough matchup.

Doranku
04-25-2010, 02:25 AM

No. I don't think anyone really had the feeling that that undermanned Rockets team had a chance at winning the series. These Thunder have arguably a top 3 player in the league, a huge mismatch at the PG position, and one of the loudest crowds in the league supporting them. I don't know about other Laker fans, but I can actually see the Thunder taking this series in 6 if something doesn't change.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2010, 02:28 AM
No. I don't think anyone really had the feeling that that undermanned Rockets team had a chance at winning the series. These Thunder have arguably a top 3 player in the league, a huge mismatch at the PG position, and one of the loudest crowds in the league supporting them. I don't know about other Laker fans, but I can actually see the Thunder taking this series in 6 if something doesn't change.

it's just a bad matchup overall. i don't think the lakers are as bad as they looked tonight. they're simply not playing their best basketball and they've got a couple of guys who are banged up. i think they'll actually have an easier time when or if they play the jazz/nuggets next round.

the lakers have struggled with athletic teams all year and the thunder are at the top of the list. they've got the most athletic point guard in the league matched up against the worst defensive point guard in the league.

they've also got kevin durant, a hell of a scorer... as lakers fans we know what a dominant scorer in the playoffs can do to opposing teams even if the team is undermanned (see phoenix series).

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 02:29 AM

I know which play you are talking about. The one in the first quarter, where Gasol was doubled on the left side of the paint and he kicked it back out to Kobe? Kobe drove into the lane and kicked it out to Gasol when the defense collapsed on him when Gasol jumped out for the open jumper. So he was just setting Gasol up. The game plan was for them to pound it into the paint, whether to the bigs or driving it and they did that for the majority of the game. It didn't work this time because Gasol and Bynum played with no fire or desire to finish the game and take a 3-1 lead. Kobe played like 8-10 minutes in the second-half. The game was a clear blow-out loss, so there was no point to going back into the game. Might as well rest him up for game 5 and hopefully he can come in loose and have a good performance. I think this was blown out of proportion. Kobe typically comes into games with one of two mindstates; 1) Distribute and get everybody going in the first-half and take over the second or 2) come on aggressive (particularly after a loss) to assert himself. In '08, he was doing more of 1. Last year, more of 2. This year, more of 2, but I think Phil has tried to enforce the mind-set of number 2 lately. Kobe just didn't really get too much of a chance in the second-half since it was already a blow-out and he didn't play at all in the 4th.

kobesabi
04-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Phil pretty much called out the L.A. fans for game 5, saying that they need to match the Thunder fans energy.

Did the Thunder fans influence the refs? Absolutely. Thats what a great home crowd is supposed to do. But thats not why the Lakers lost by 21.
Maybe...Or the crowds can help them miss more freethrows (more pressure and anxiety) especially chanting "MVP" when Kobe and many others have not nailing freethrows since the last quarter of the regular season.

B-Easy
04-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I know which play you are talking about. The one in the first quarter, where Gasol was doubled on the left side of the paint and he kicked it back out to Kobe? Kobe drove into the lane and kicked it out to Gasol when the defense collapsed on him when Gasol jumped out for the open jumper. So he was just setting Gasol up. The game plan was for them to pound it into the paint, whether to the bigs or driving it and they did that for the majority of the game. It didn't work this time because Gasol and Bynum played with no fire or desire to finish the game and take a 3-1 lead. Kobe played like 8-10 minutes in the second-half. The game was a clear blow-out loss, so there was no point to going back into the game. Might as well rest him up for game 5 and hopefully he can come in loose and have a good performance. I think this was blown out of proportion. Kobe typically comes into games with one of two mindstates; 1) Distribute and get everybody going in the first-half and take over the second or 2) come on aggressive (particularly after a loss) to assert himself. In '08, he was doing more of 1. Last year, more of 2. This year, more of 2, but I think Phil has tried to enforce the mind-set of number 2 lately. Kobe just didn't really get too much of a chance in the second-half since it was already a blow-out and he didn't play at all in the 4th.

i dont think it should about deciding to pound it in .. or Kobe just deciding to take over and start shooting.

It should be about what the defense gives you.

If Kobe is gonna get covered 1 on 1 and his man is gonna help off of him...then hes bailing out the Thunder defense by not being aggressive.

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 03:09 AM
i dont think it should about deciding to pound it in .. or Kobe just deciding to take over and start shooting.

It should be about what the defense gives you.

If Kobe is gonna get covered 1 on 1 and his man is gonna help off of him...then hes bailing out the Thunder defense by not being aggressive.

I agree, but they went into the game with the idea of wanting to be more assertive on the inside and establishing the presence in the paint from the get-go and got a little too sucked into that philosophy solely.

But my point is Kobe was aggressive. He drove into the paint several times and either drove it home or kicked it out to the open man when the defense collapsed on him. Now, maybe he wasn't AS aggressive as usual, but he was asked to take a diminished role in his shooting aggressiveness.

Not saying you, but people in general complain too damn much about Kobe. He either shoots too much or not enough.

B-Easy
04-25-2010, 03:16 AM
ill agree with that ... he did have a couple nice assists in the 1st quarter, not blaming him or anything, the whole Lakers team came out flat.

But i think it should be more of a middle ground. For example last game it was 30 shots and today was very little. I expect the Lakers to run the Thunder out of the building in Game 5.

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 03:28 AM
ill agree with that ... he did have a couple nice assists in the 1st quarter, not blaming him or anything, the whole Lakers team came out flat.

But i think it should be more of a middle ground. For example last game it was 30 shots and today was very little. I expect the Lakers to run the Thunder out of the building in Game 5.

Hopefully that's the case. I pray a fire gets lit under their asses. Particularly with Bynum and Gasol. Yeah, I hope they can find a nice blend with their inside-outside game. Maybe 20 shots for Kobe and he can take the majority in the second-half while playing facilitator in the first.

Swaggin916
04-25-2010, 04:20 AM

Well no... but they did shoot 48 FT's... that is not supposed to happen. The Thunder definitely deserved to win the last couple of games, but the officiating was heavily favored their way. Luckily the Lakers have Home Court. They are really going to need it.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Didn't see the game, but to those who did: did Kobe sabotage the game by not shooting a lot intentionally? I see that he attempted just 10 FG's, after being roundly criticized in the media and by PJax for shooting too much/shooting inefficiently. Kobe has a history of pouting and "trying to prove a point" after being criticized by purposely not shooting a lot. Was that the case tonight?

Freshprince619
04-25-2010, 04:35 AM
Didn't see the game, but to those who did: did Kobe sabotage the game by not shooting a lot intentionally? I see that he attempted just 10 FG's, after being roundly criticized in the media and by PJax for shooting too much/shooting inefficiently. Kobe has a history of pouting and "trying to prove a point" after being criticized by purposely not shooting a lot. Was that the case tonight?
Lol how is that sabotaging?? :oldlol:

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 04:37 AM

I don't think he did, he was getting it into Gasol and Bynum perfectly for the start of the game but every time LA scored in the first half or 1.5 quarters when the game was still within reach, okc would shoot free throws (I'm not kidding) and it caught up because okc was like 18/18 from the line at that point. Then in start of the 2nd half if I remember correctly Kobe tried a few shots and they didn't go down, more okc free throws and ibaka making every shot and the game just got away.

Summary: he gave the ball inside like "basketball experts" said they should and the lakers got worked. It was too late when the game plan was officially not working.

PP34Deuce
04-25-2010, 04:38 AM
I firmly believe LA is the better team and thebetter teamwill win in a series.

I see LA wrapping it up in 6. They will win that game 5 and take em out in 6.

Go Getter
04-25-2010, 04:38 AM
Bench PRODUCTIVITY..big difference to being so called "stacked" pls look at bench stats and get back to me. remove odom (inconsistent btw) and their bench is rubish

Hey, you guys are paying Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Bynum....you can't have a stacked team and then complain that your bench is thin.....wtf?

Odom, Farmar, Brown, Walton and Co. aren't THAT bad, but you have to know that with stacking your team comes a few disadvantages.....one of which being that you won't have $$$ to spend on a deep bench.

Cry me a river:cry:

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 04:48 AM
Hey, you guys are paying Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Bynum....you can't have a stacked team and then complain that your bench is thin.....wtf?

Odom, Farmar, Brown, Walton and Co. aren't THAT bad, but you have to know that with stacking your team comes a few disadvantages.....one of which being that you won't have $$$ to spend on a deep bench.

Cry me a river:cry:

Cavs are paying Lebron, Jamison, Shaq and Mo Williams but they still have a great bench. Orl is paying Howard, Carter, Jameer and their backup center I forgot his name has a similar contract to lamar (10 m?) so overall they are also paid and have a great bench.

farmar and brown duo in the lakers system is probably the worse 7th and 8th guy in the east, if not the whole playoffs.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2010, 04:48 AM
Lol how is that sabotaging?? :oldlol:

To prove a point. He's done it a few times in the past, and it's well known. People say he should shoot less and he pouts and tries to prove a point by purposely shooting VERY few times, as if to show people "see, they can't win when I don't shoot a lot." This is all well known; don't act like it's never happened. I'm asking if that's what happened tonight or if it was something else like the defense etc.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 04:50 AM
To prove a point. He's done it a few times in the past, and it's well known. People say he should shoot less and he pouts and tries to prove a point by purposely shooting VERY few times, as if to show people "see, they can't win when I don't shoot a lot." This is all well known; don't act like it's never happened. I'm asking if that's what happened tonight or if it was something else like the defense etc.

it happened 1 time against sac. The 7th game vs phx was NOT trying to prove a point after getting criticism.

Freshprince619
04-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Yeah i understand what your saying. He was trying to make a statement. That is far from sabotaging. Sabotage is doing ish purposely to make your team lose.

Knoe Itawl
04-25-2010, 04:55 AM
it happened 1 time against sac. The 7th game vs phx was NOT trying to prove a point after getting criticism.

Its been proven to all but the most stubborn bryant fanboys

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Its been proven to all but the most stubborn bryant fanboys

clarify please? U talking about the 7th game thing or that there has been more than 1 time it happened?

BlackWhiteGreen
04-25-2010, 04:57 AM
Cavs are paying Lebron, Jamison, Shaq and Mo Williams but they still have a great bench. Orl is paying Howard, Carter, Jameer and their backup center I forgot his name has a similar contract to lamar (10 m?) so overall they are also paid and have a great bench.

farmar and brown duo in the lakers system is probably the worse 7th and 8th guy in the east, if not the whole playoffs.

Gortat gets $5m I think.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2010, 05:10 AM

He's done it a couple of times, Sac was one. Phoenix wasn't him trying to prove a point, it was him outright quitting and showing a complete lack of heart.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 05:33 AM
He's done it a couple of times, Sac was one. Phoenix wasn't him trying to prove a point, it was him outright quitting and showing a complete lack of heart.

hate him when he passes, hate him when he shoots

Knoe Itawl
04-25-2010, 05:33 AM
clarify please? U talking about the 7th game thing or that there has been more than 1 time it happened?

Yes gm 7 against Phoenix. Call it proving a point whatever but I haven't seen anyone except fanboys try to defend his actions in that game. It wasn't just the fact that he took 3 shots in the second half. All he did was stay on the perimeter and swing the ball for the whole half. No setting screens, posting up, playing tenacious d. Nothing. He quit and that's that. When you're one of the greatest scorers in nba history and you take 3 shots in the second half of a GAME 7 somethings wrong no matter what sticking to the gameplan excuse fanboys like to use. I dare you to watch that half and tell me he went all out.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2010, 05:43 AM
hate him when he passes, hate him when he shoots

No, in the Phoenix game it was more the complete lack of anything resembling effort that did it for me, and which was obvious to all non-Laker fans. He'd come down every possession, pass off at the 3-point line and just stand there loafing around -- no attempt to penetrate, shoot, post up; no defensive intensity; no attempt to crash the board, no attempt to draw doubles to create for other. Just complete passivity and resignation, and a complete lack of heart, from the (at that time) best player in the game.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Yes gm 7 against Phoenix. Call it proving a point whatever but I haven't seen anyone except fanboys try to defend his actions in that game. It wasn't just the fact that he took 3 shots in the second half. All he did was stay on the perimeter and swing the ball for the whole half. No setting screens, posting up, playing tenacious d. Nothing. He quit and that's that. When you're one of the greatest scorers in nba history and you take 3 shots in the second half of a GAME 7 somethings wrong no matter what sticking to the gameplan excuse fanboys like to use. I dare you to watch that half and tell me he went all out.

Here are my thoughts on that game and series... His team quit before he did, and I truly believe that. I understand that he quit, I agree. But his team did before he did. If you watch the first half of that game, as a basketball fan, you will not be able to sit through it. Smush parker passed on 5 open threes in the 2nd q alone. Just scared to shoot. Kwame drops the ball every pass he gets. Lamar didn't even get to the stadium until the 4th quarter and it was over.

Kobe actually got the team to almost winning that series, and it is really unfathomable of how he did that. He makes a damn buzzerbeater to go up 3-1 and in game 5 he scores 50 points. Tim thomas and his 3 was the difference. Kobe actually was 1 missed 3 away from taking kwame brown and smush parker to the 2nd round, not counting the other ridiculous scrubs on the team. I don't even know if more than 2 people on that team are still in the NBA (Luke and walton). Kobe knew he lost in the 2nd half of that game 7, because everyone else on that team knew they lost in the 2nd quarter. That game was well within reach when everyone started giving up their shots and instead of running the offense play the "give it to kobe at the end of the shotclock" game.

However I'm pretty sure literally any other game you say that he gave up or quit prematurely in I'd agree with, but that phx game really pisses me off because the whole story is never said.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 05:47 AM
No, in the Phoenix game it was more the complete lack of anything resembling effort that did it for me, and which was obvious to all non-Laker fans. He'd come down every possession, pass off at the 3-point line and just stand there loafing around -- no attempt to penetrate, shoot, post up; no defensive intensity; no attempt to crash the board, no attempt to draw doubles to create for other. Just complete passivity and resignation, and a complete lack of heart, from the (at that time) best player in the game.

not in the first half.. not in the first half.. I'll never forget it, smush parker stole 2 years of kobes prime away. I think it was at lakers down 15, halfway into 2nd quarter. Something around there.. Kobe gives to wide open smush for 3, he goes in shooting form for a second then dribbles away. That was when lakers lost, and kobe realized it shortly after that.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2010, 05:55 AM
not in the first half.. not in the first half.. I'll never forget it, smush parker stole 2 years of kobes prime away. I think it was at lakers down 15, halfway into 2nd quarter. Something around there.. Kobe gives to wide open smush for 3, he goes in shooting form for a second then dribbles away. That was when lakers lost, and kobe realized it shortly after that.

No, not in the first half. I was talking about the second half where he flat out quit and showed no heart.

RazorBaLade
04-25-2010, 05:57 AM
No, not in the first half. I was talking about the second half where he flat out quit and showed no heart.

So you're just going to look at what happened in the 2nd half without looking at the 1st half for reason why he might do that? Like I said his team quit in the 1st half so him being the kind of guy that gets mad at teammates not playing as hard as him/wanting it as much he quit in the 2nd half and started asking for trades to make the team better.

camplo
04-25-2010, 06:57 AM

Charlie Rosen, my favorite hoops writer, thinks so:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-lakers-oklahoma-city-thunder-game-4-042410

[QUOTE]This tactic was an abject failure simply because Kobe was pouting all game long. Obviously reacting to Phil Jackson

brooks_thompson
04-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Charlie Rosen, my favorite hoops writer, thinks so:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-lakers-oklahoma-city-thunder-game-4-042410

yes, rosen's piece on phil jackson's daily routine a few years back, including detailing phil's 'genius' method of "pressing fresh blueberries gently into the surface of his pancakes to make a perfect breakfast" was a real page turner.

The_Yearning
04-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Once again Kobe Bryant shows that he is B!tchMade and lacks the necessary street hunger.

50inchvertical
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Haha yea.

What's so unbelievable about that? The Lakers were getting into the penalty early every quarter.

Artest is fouling the entire game so if you wanted to you could call a foul on him at any point, and his last foul on Westbrook seemed to be on purpose. Fisher always gets killed by opposing pgs (hell, he got lit up by Troy Hudson) but he picked up even more fouls trying to draw bogus charges in the paint when he wasn't really there or out of the circle in time.

Westbrook has no jumper outside of 17ft and drives almost exclusively. James Harden was going to the basket all night. Then you get them in the penalty and off the ball fouls and over the back fouls still results in free throws.

I thought the one LO got called for against Maynor was weak.

Lebowski
04-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I never had a "second favourite team" but the Thunder comes really close. The game was a thing of beauty!

Juges8932
04-25-2010, 11:25 AM

Read some of the earlier posts in the thread, but to answer your question: No, I truly believe that it was part of the game plan. He only shot 10 shots, but the game plan going INTO the game was to pound it inside to the bigs or drive into the lane and get to the cup/kick it out. Kobe was being active, moving from side to side, setting screens, and giving passes into the post. He wasn't looking for his shot early, but instead was doing something he has done COUNTLESS times, setting up his teammates. He has done this many times in the past, where he will get the team going more-so in the first-half, and then in the second-half he will become more aggressive on the offensive end. He shot some in the second-quarter and some into the 3rd. He was taken out of the 3rd with 2 or 3 minutes left. He didn't play any of the 4th. The game plan failed this time and the Lakers lost because of Bynum and Gasol's lack of caring and failure to come through. The game got out of hand early. They were being destroyed on the boards and showed no effort.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2010, 01:21 PM
So you're just going to look at what happened in the 2nd half without looking at the 1st half for reason why he might do that? Like I said his team quit in the 1st half so him being the kind of guy that gets mad at teammates not playing as hard as him/wanting it as much he quit in the 2nd half and started asking for trades to make the team better.

There's no reason for any player -- much less an all-time great -- to throw in the towel after one half in a deciding game. You play hard and go down with the ship, win or lose. You act like no other great player ever had their team play like crap in the first half of a big game.

IllegalD
04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
There's no reason for any player -- much less an all-time great -- to throw in the towel after one half in a deciding game. You play hard and go down with the ship, win or lose. You act like no other great player ever had their team play like crap in the first half of a big game.

I'm trying to get on Kobe's nuts, but you've been hogging them for the past decade. Leave some for the rest of us.