PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3"

Ancient Legend
04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
"I feel I was the best point guard in the league for a while,'' said Williams, when asked by FanHouse during a media session after Wednesday's shootaround at the Pepsi Center if he's the NBA's top point guard.

He was asked who the second-best point guard is in the NBA.

"CP,'' said Williams, referring to New Orleans' Chris Paul, who was taken No. 4 in the 2005 draft while Williams went No. 3, with Paul getting off to a quicker NBA start. "Just like he probably thinks he's the best and I'm No. 2.''

So who's the bronze medalist in this point-guard derby?

"Steve Nash,'' Williams said. "You got to argue him, what he's doing at this age (36) is crazy. I felt he's been the best point guard for the first probably three or four years that I was in the league.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/28/deron-williams-says-hes-the-nbas-best-point-guard/

Surprised a guy like D-Will would be this cocky.

Batz
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Shutup and just play. Don't ruin your amazing game with your ego.

phoenix18
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.

Batz
04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.
True true.

SRZ66
04-28-2010, 04:15 PM
well he's simply wrong. he's not better than cp3.

1) cp3
2) d wills
3) air canada

ashbelly
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Chris Paul is still the Best PG.. If george Karl was healthy we could be singing a different tune right now. :roll:

airchibundo507
04-28-2010, 04:17 PM
DWill has both Boozer and Millsap.

Yung D-Will

1) cp3
2) d wills
3) air canada

And your opinion is right of course :rolleyes:

HisAirness3
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.
Considering how West scored 40 points in a game this season (vs. Orlando) without Paul. I'm not sure how Paul really made him. There's a difference between being spoon-fed and having a teammate that just makes your life a bit easier.

phoenix18
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM

1) cp3
2) d wills
3) air canada

Who is air canada? :roll: :roll:

That's Vince's old nickname not Nash's. He cant claim that. Unless some gave him that nickname after all those bad passes in game 4.

Batz
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Considering how West scored 40 points in a game this season (vs. Orlando) without Paul. I'm not sure how Paul really made him. There's a difference between being spoon-fed and having a teammate that just makes your life a bit easier.
Darren Collison says hi.

pegasus
04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.

Nash has "made" many players in his career, so it's not like his assist numbers are high because he has Amare. He's the best play maker, but I think D-Will is the best point guard overall. CP needs to get his health back before we can deem him #1.

LJJ
04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
He gives props to CP and Nash, so not seeing anything wrong with this. At least he got the names right.

Still, answering something like "I don't give a shit, I just play the game" is cooler.

phoenix18
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Nash has "made" many players in his career, so it's not like his assist numbers are high because he has Amare. He's the best play maker, but I think D-Will is the best point guard overall. CP needs to get his health back before we can deem him #1.
:sleeping

Made who?

HisAirness3
04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Darren Collison says hi.
I'm not sure the point of your post is....to let us know how replaceable Paul is or to say how amazing Collison is?

Yung D-Will
04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
He gives props to CP and Nash, so not seeing anything wrong with this. At least he got the names right.

Still, answering something like "I don't give a shit, I just play the game" is cooler.

Yea, Him and Cp have always been like that about each other even when they did slam magazine together. But both seem to have a great deal of respect for each other.

Batz
04-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure the point of your post is....to let us know how replaceable Paul is or to say how amazing Collison is?
West scored because of Collision. Collision though is an amazing gaurd but he did not fully replace Paul. If he did then they would be looking forward to their next playoff game.

HisAirness3
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
West scored because of Collision. Collision though is an amazing gaurd but he did not fully replace Paul. If he did then they would be looking forward to their next playoff game.
Yes, His 7 assists definitely created him. :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
i still do not think Deron Williams could ever average 23 ppg on 50% shooting while dishing 11 assist a game in a season.

Batz
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, His 7 assists definitely created him. :oldlol:
Pretty much yes.

cotdt
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
D-Will is an excellent all-around player. He's strong, he can play solid defense.

Batz
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
D-Will is an excellent all-around player. He's strong, he can play solid defense.
Yay for captain obvious.

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Tony Parker himself said that Chris Paul is the best defensive PG in the NBA.

The best defender
"I would say Chris Paul. He defends well, has good hands, he anticipates well. Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. They both have a high sense of anticipation. They always have a hand in there that can steal the ball. Then Chauncey Billups who is really strong. But I consider myself a top 5

pegasus
04-28-2010, 04:35 PM

Made who?

For starters, Marion.

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 04:36 PM
For starters, Marion.

he was an All Star back in 2003

phoenix18
04-28-2010, 04:36 PM
he was an All Star back in 2003
:lol

Exactly. I hope he doesnt say Amare either.Or Joe Johnson.

HisAirness3
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Tony Parker himself said that Chris Paul is the best defensive PG in the NBA.
Tony Parker also said Deron Williams was the better player of the two. :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Tony Parker also said Deron Williams was the better player of the two. :oldlol:

Conclusion
"Chris Paul is the most skilled. But it's more complicated. It depends on the team you play on. If I was playin in New Orleans or Phoenix, I would have more responsabilities, more assists. My Top 5 is : Chris Paul, Myself, Deron Williams, Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups. The best PGs are in the Western Conference. Allen Ivers is now in the east but we also have Baron Davis, and when he is healthy, he can be a "pain in the ass" to play against."

TP's Top 5
1 Chris Paul
2 Tony Parker
3 Deron Williams
4 Steve Nash
5 Chauncey Billups

where?

Kingwillball
04-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Derrick Rose,Rondo and WestBrook will be in the Conversation(top 5) within the next couple years if they aren't now.

STATDunksOn
04-28-2010, 04:44 PM
where?
I remember somewhere that Parker said that Deron was better. I'm not sure how long ago that was or how long ago your link was though....Though he's a joke if he still thinks he's the 2nd best PG in the league, :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I remember somewhere that Parker said that Deron was better. I'm not sure how long ago that was or how long ago your link was though....Though he's a joke if he still thinks he's the 2nd best PG in the league, :oldlol:

that much have been a while ago. Tony Parker said that Chris Paul is the best PG in the league just a year ago and also said Rondo is the most overrated.

The most overrated PG
Rajon Rondo
"It used to be Jason Williams. People used to love him because he was making fancy assists and they were forgetting the passes in the stands. Nowadays it's more difficult. Maybe Rajon Rondo. He is a bit overrated.Playing with Pierce and Garnett helps a lot and people tend to forget that."

bdreason
04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
He's just saying what he should be saying. As Deron stated, he's sure CP3 would say he's (CP3) the best... as he should.

Basketball is all about confidence. You have to believe you're the best, to be the best.

Dontstop
04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Dirk has also said Deron Williams in the best PG in the league.

Also. I hate how everyone is thinking being the best PG is all about stats.

If thats the case Stockton > Magic

Deron Williams had millsap?

Millsap is undersized and was passed up by everyone in the draft.

Also look at Welsey Matthews, Undrafted?

Deron has a better supporting cast than Paul, which is why his stats are less.

And if were getting into stats...

Deron 4th guy in NBA history to have a 4 Game playoff streak of 25pts 10assists or more.

Its youre style of preference with the 2.

And every coach would pick Deron over CP3(aside from Maybe D`antoni)

Also with CP3 making David West better. Did he give David West his jump shot?

He made him better by getting him open, which both PG`s can do.

You can argue Deron made Okur an Allstar because he always set him up at the 3. Okur never created his own shot. Deron did it for him.

Both are great PGs, but i dont know how you cant pick Deron with his size and ability to create mismatches. I never see CP3 guarding 2 guards.

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
And every coach would pick Deron over CP3(aside from Maybe D`antoni)

Is that the reason why Deron Williams played in one playoff game in his whole career so far? I think every coach would rather have Chris Paul over Deron Williams instead of jerry sloan.

Dontstop
04-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Is that the reason why Deron Williams played in one playoff game in his whole career so far? I think every coach would rather have Chris Paul over Deron Williams instead of jerry sloan.

What?

Jailblazers7
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm so happy Deron Williams has the balls to come out and say how he really feels. He does try to fake humility like Lebron or Kobe who will always say they think the other is the best in the league.

NuggetsFan
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
It's what have you done for me lately. I don't remember seeing any of these comments by D-Will when Paul was healthy and tearing up the league. I still think Paul is the best when healthy and have D-Will as a close 2nd. It's a close call either way.

jbot
04-28-2010, 05:08 PM
i give him props for saying what he believes. would u rather him think he's just mediocre or the best pg?

Bosnian Sajo
04-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Let Williams have his fun, he is having a great series.

ILLsmak
04-28-2010, 05:41 PM
He has, though...

Even Brandon Jennings knows.

CP3 got calls from that whole Katrina thing; that's why he put up that one amazing season. Laugh if you want, but it's true. Deron has never gotten calls except in this series. Hopefully this is the turning point of Deron's career because if he gets superstar calls then he will be a superstar.

-Smak

The_Yearning
04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Deron Williams handles has been off lately.

NuggetsFan
04-28-2010, 06:00 PM
He has, though...

Even Brandon Jennings knows.

CP3 got calls from that whole Katrina thing; that's why he put up that one amazing season. Laugh if you want, but it's true. Deron has never gotten calls except in this series. Hopefully this is the turning point of Deron's career because if he gets superstar calls then he will be a superstar.

-Smak

You actually don't believe this do you?. Wow you know it's getting bad when people blame something like Katrina for somebody getting calls.

Mewwem22
04-28-2010, 06:03 PM
It's what have you done for me lately. I don't remember seeing any of these comments by D-Will when Paul was healthy and tearing up the league. I still think Paul is the best when healthy and have D-Will as a close 2nd. It's a close call either way.
Haha, he's been saying stuff like this for years now.. He's actually still even a little angry at Jerry Sloan for essentially ruining his rookie year by making him sit on the bench and play back up to a dude named keith mcleod.. Deron is boarderline cocky, but it's a type of attitude you need to succeed in the league. And he knows that other players probably feel the same way. (Such as monta ellis recently saying he'd put kobe as the best player in the league, then himself, then lebron).

And one thing that kinda makes me mad about these Deron/CP3 arguments lately is that people keep using the injury card for Paul.. When one of the primary reasons that I, and most coaches in the league, would pick Deron over Paul in the draft if it were held again... Durability. Deron is built to withstand a tougher beating than Paul, he doesn't get injured as much, and i'd be willing to bet that at the end of it all, he'll have had the longer and more successful career.

PK3434
04-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Derrick Rose,Rondo and WestBrook will be in the Conversation(top 5) within the next couple years if they aren't now.

They already are in that conversation to me.

joshwake
04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Shutup and just play. Don't ruin your amazing game with your ego.
Not at all. Just surprised he would actually say it. Honestly if a high caliber player does not think they are the best something is wrong.

Jasper
04-28-2010, 06:14 PM
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.

You forgot :

jennings made Bogut

Nelson full Howard

Fish made kobe

Agent 0 made Butler

Sessions has love

Kidd not Dirk

Miller made Roy

Rose has Dung

rondo has sheed

Mo made lebroom

curry made ellis

Bibby has a Johnson

arroyo does D-wade

RajonKGcelts
04-28-2010, 06:16 PM
CP3 fanboys are gonna start crying now:lol

triangleoffense
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Before anyone else gets their panties in a bunch, all all-star to future hall of famer players all think like that. Russell thought he was the best, so did Wilt, and Bird, and Magic and Jordan. That is why they are who they are. They have to believe they can beat anybody in the league if you want to win championships, and those players were both great production players as well as great playoff players.

It's hard to judge how many championships Deron will have if any but his playoff play as well as his regular season production point to him being that type of player(latter).

demons2005
04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
i've been saying this for years but he is being to nice to CP putting him #2.

Paul is living off of one good playoff performance 2 years ago and a ton of empty stats in the regular season. I can't think of any player more overated in my life. To me if you put Westbrook/Rose/Rondo/etc. on the Hornets they do just as well. Paul is a stat hog and there's a reason Julian Wright/Hilton Armstrong/Cedric Simmons all bust. Anyone notice that all the players they draft before this year are huge bust? WHy? because they need PG to get the ball in their hand in favorable position to score, and if you look at CP, he gives it to them only if it's at the end of a clock so he is guarantedd to get the assist IE they don't have time to pass the ball so they have to shoot directly. This is not a good environment to develop new players.

This year they draft two guards and they are both great. Why? Because Paul is injured and they can actually touch the ball and develop. their GM is in a tough spot because his guard is preventing him from developing bigs. iMO keep collison, lose Paul to get rid of Okafor's contract, and you will see an immediate improvement in this team, esp. young bigs.

joshwake
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
pulling opinions out of your ass and trying to make it sound like a fact just makes you look stupid.

At what point are we going to consider durability here??? Most have argued that deron's physical aspects will result in a longer more productive career. This was a big reason why Utah drafted him and not paul and many critics noted this. We are just seeing it come true.

At what point are we going to consider playoff performance?? There is no argument that Deron has proven himself to be the PG you want in the playoffs. Look at his numbers from previous playoffs. He steps up big time for the games that really count. And why do all the CP nut huggers always cite the "CP is on the Hornets so his numbers are lower than they should be" thing...??? The argument is just as strong if not stronger that being a great player on a team that is not very good will inflate your stats because you will handle the ball more.

This debate is just getting lame. Right now Deron is the best PG in the NBA and if he did not believe that in his own mind I would be very concerned.

Kiddlovesnets
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
umm, what?

CP3 is the best player in this league, while Deron is arguably a top 10...

Dontstop
04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
umm, what?

If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong.

BallsOut
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.

How exactly did Paul make West? How many of West's pts come directly off of Paul's passes? None. West is the kind of player that makes his own name. Ala Carl Landry. He's one of those players that can score on his own, creates his own shot, hustles and plays hard. So tell me again, how exactly did Paul make West?

Deron Williams > CP at this point. CP hasn't even played much at all this season, so stop being a homer.

airchibundo507
04-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Not at all. Just surprised he would actually say it. Honestly if a high caliber player does not think they are the best something is wrong.

Yet if Melo said something like this you would be all over his balls.

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
What?

excuse me.

I meant to say All Star

Dontstop
04-28-2010, 06:54 PM
excuse me.

I meant to say All Star

You honestly think he hasn't deserved to be an All Star until this season?

07-08/08-09 he deserved it.

07-08: 19ppg 11apg 1spg

08-09: 20ppg 11apg 1spg

09-10 he averaged the same stats as both seasons

Bigsmoke
04-28-2010, 06:58 PM
You honestly think he hasn't deserved to be an All Star since this season?

07-08/08-09 he deserved it.

07-08: 19ppg 11apg 1spg

08-09: 20ppg 11apg 1spg

He has been an All Star caliber PG since his second season. I'm just saying that u said all of the coaches in the league would have picked Deron Williams over Chris Paul when none of them thought he was an All Star until this year.

Dontstop
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
He has been an All Star caliber PG since his 2nd season. I'm just saying that u said all of the coaches in the league would have picked Deron Williams over Chris Paul when none of them thought he was an All Star until this year.

He wasnt well known, I mean he played in Utah, chris paul was being advertised insanely.

Also Steve Nash was still a veteran and Brandon Roy was a SG.

That was in 08` Also it was in New Orleans so of course Paul get the nod over Deron.

In 09 Parker was averaging 22ppg and being a veteran. Chauncey Billups got the nod for the turn around in Denver.

Do you think Any of those players in 09 were better than D-will?

It was all about publicity.

But i would love to see a coaches survey of who they would choose.

I think Deron get the nod.

Mewwem22
04-28-2010, 07:18 PM
:wtf:
Try explaining that one. :roll:

ImmortalD24
04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Deron Williams has every right to believe he's the best point guard in the league.. how can any non-cp3 ballswasher be ticked off by his comments? All he said was he believed he's been the best PG for the last couple of years, while acknowledging that CP3 must have felt the same, as he should.. Nothing wrong with that.

rudy
04-28-2010, 07:35 PM
+1

Damn sure. Pg's in particular have some huge egos, they trash talk, they play down everyone else in purpose of motivating themselves. On the other hand he's shown some respect for cp and nash, and that is as polite as he can get.

"Jesus"
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
umm, what?

:wtf:

kmartshopper
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
curry will be better than both, so its k

Dontstop
04-28-2010, 07:58 PM
curry will be better than both, so its k
http://flabbergastedly.com/wp-content/uploads/chat%20billeder%202/Good%20one.jpg

imlmf
04-28-2010, 08:00 PM

1) cp3
2) d wills
3) air canada

WTF?? vince carter?

joshwake
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Yet if Melo said something like this you would be all over his balls.
Like what exactly? If Deron or Melo said they were the best player in the NBA I would laugh, but I would not critisize either for believing it, only for voicing it to the media. The thing is, Deron is arguably the best PG in the NBA so why is it so surprising for him to believe it?

AirJordan&Magic
04-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Chris Paul is still the Best PG.. If george Karl was healthy we could be singing a different tune right now. :roll:

:oldlol: George Karl being missing is the reason Deron Williams is averaging 26.8 ppg 12.0 apg on 50% shooting and not to mention making a fool out of Chauncy and any other perimeter guard they put on him?........George Karl's absence is the reason the CLEARLY more talented Nuggets team is about to get eliminated by a team missing two important starters? :oldlol: at the excuses.

Deron Williams have more than proved that he is the best point guard in the Nba.

Quata
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it providing he keeps up his level of play throughout the playoffs. Its not like its an ego conflicting with other members of the jazz organisation leading to chemistry problems. A leader should have this confidence, he is merely saying what all the fans expect him to say. I don't want to see the leader of the team i support say that he is inferior to anyone.

lakerspng
04-28-2010, 08:09 PM
every player who is near the top of their position in this league believes that he is or can be the best player in the league. simple as that.

If I had to take one PG to add to the Lakers roster right now instead of Derek Fisher and I got my choice of anyone in the league, I'd take Deron Williams. Could just be my personal choice, but I think he's certainly in the discussion as to who's the best PG in the league today.

alwaysunny
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM

1) cp3
2) d wills
3) air canada

I agree vince carter is 3rd best PG in the league

IlliniFan
04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
umm, what?

Biggest dumbass on ISH strikes again. Anything this guy says is false so...Deron is obviously better than Paul

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
with all do respect to george karl, but who coached the nuggets in last seasons WCF? Karl couldn't even teach his team how to inbound the ball correctly in crunch time. What makes you think he would have made that much of a difference to this series? This series isn't close, it's 1-3. I buy your argument with a close series. Maybe the Jazz are just the better team...

Quata
04-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Vince stole the nickname off nash obviously. Apparently you aren't aware that Nash is the canadian high jump champion.

eliteballer
04-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Pay attention to where he says CP3 probably thinks hes the best. Hes just saying thats his opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

CeoTypeDoe619
04-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Of course how he's playing he should THINK he's the best PG in the NBA.
But to go out and say it all casually its not a smart thing. Good luck ever being a Marketable player Deron.

kmartshopper
04-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Pay attention to where he says CP3 probably thinks hes the best. Hes just saying thats his opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

that just politics.

StacksOnDeck
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Deron is right. Easily the best PG in the game.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
But to go out and say it all casually its not a smart thing. Good luck ever being a Marketable player Deron.
i think he handled the question like a champ. not like he just blurted out of nowhere he's the best.

MastahX
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Deron is the shiznit and only getting better.

#1 PG in the NBA - Bar none.

godofgods
04-28-2010, 11:05 PM
D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.

How does having Amare make Nash a great PG? :banghead: If anything, it's a detriment.

Give Nash a GOAT candidate like Jabbar, and a HOFer like Worthy, he'd win 10 championships in a row.

Kiddlovesnets
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
How does having Amare make Nash a great PG? :banghead: If anything, it's a detriment.

Give Nash a GOAT candidate like Jabbar, and a HOFer like Worthy, he'd win 10 championships in a row.

Well yeah, this is bullshit. Nash averaged 10+ apg in 2006 without Amare.

HorryIsMyMVP
04-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Well yeah, this is bullshit. Nash averaged 10+ apg in 2006 without Amare.
http://www.casttv.com/video/obm9rs/steve-nash-nike-commercial-video

:cheers:

Juges8932
04-28-2010, 11:43 PM
People are ridiculous getting QQ over him saying this lol. He's confident and he's actually backing it up. Nothing wrong with that. He feels he is the best, and right now, he very well may be the best. He gives props and he says, "Just like he probably thinks he's the best." Not arrogant at all. GTFO clowns.

wang4three
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
He's right.

ILLsmak
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
People are ridiculous getting QQ over him saying this lol. He's confident and he's actually backing it up. Nothing wrong with that. He feels he is the best, and right now, he very well may be the best. He gives props and he says, "Just like he probably thinks he's the best." Not arrogant at all. GTFO clowns.

But Deron really is the best... lol. It's kind of like me saying "I'm smarter than him, but he probably thinks he's smarter than me." You know?

His 'the best' statement is not as dubious as, say, Paul Pierce's. I think it's great Deron is finally getting a chance to say something like that and not get laughed off the stage... as said, I hope this is a turning point in his career. If Utah actually gets some love from the refs, they are going to do well.

Unfortunately, they will probably get shafted hard vs the Lakers.

-Smak

Kiddlovesnets
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
But the Nuggets are routing the Jazz now, he should have kept his mouth shut and wait at least till the end of this series.

:no:

Juges8932
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
But Deron really is the best... lol. It's kind of like me saying "I'm smarter than him, but he probably thinks he's smarter than me." You know?

His 'the best' statement is not as dubious as, say, Paul Pierce's. I think it's great Deron is finally getting a chance to say something like that and not get laughed off the stage... as said, I hope this is a turning point in his career. If Utah actually gets some love from the refs, they are going to do well.

Unfortunately, they will probably get shafted hard vs the Lakers.

-Smak
Paul Pierce's was just stupid and annoying, and made me start disliking him. I think he is the best currently (Deron). I was just making the point that he's not even being an arrogant prick about it.

If the Jazz/Lakers series (Assuming they both win) is reffed anything like the Lakers/Thunder, the Jazz have nothing to worry about lol.

vinsane01
04-29-2010, 12:06 AM

qft.

Dontstop
04-29-2010, 12:08 AM
But the Nuggets are routing the Jazz now, he should have kept his mouth shut and wait at least till the end of this series.

He has 17pts first half

Mewwem22
04-29-2010, 12:11 AM

The biggest lead the nuggets had tonight was 6! :roll:
And the Jazz have the lead at the half! :oldlol:
WTH do you have against Deron Williams and the Jazz dude?

Kiddlovesnets
04-29-2010, 12:12 AM
The biggest lead the nuggets had tonight was 6! :roll:
And the Jazz have the lead at the half! :oldlol:
WTH do you have against the Jazz/Deron Williams dude?

Well the point I am trying to make is that he is not supposed to make such an arrogant comment before the end of this series. Remember how Tracey Mcgrady reacted after the Magic took a 3-1 lead against the Pistons? They were eliminated in seven...

Juges8932
04-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Well the point I am trying to make is that he is not supposed to make such an arrogant comment before the end of this series. Remember how Tracey Mcgrady reacted after the Magic took a 3-1 lead against the Pistons? They were eliminated in seven...

Did Deron Williams sleep with your girlfriend or something? He said he thinks he's the best PG in the league and that's a big deal? He's playing like it. Not like he's saying it isn't a debate. He said CP3 would probably say that he is the best and that Deron is #2. He is giving props to the other top PGs in the league, but nothing wrong with him having confidence and thinking he is the best. I think that's a lot better than him saying, um, yeah, IDK where I rank. I might be top 5, IDK. Please, that's not the type of confidence you want from your star and franchise player. If you do, then you better not expect to win any championships.

Kiddlovesnets
04-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Did Deron Williams sleep with your girlfriend or something? He said he thinks he's the best PG in the league and that's a big deal? He's playing like it. Not like he's saying it isn't a debate. He said CP3 would probably say that he is the best and that Deron is #2. He is giving props to the other top PGs in the league, but nothing wrong with him having confidence and thinking he is the best. I think that's a lot better than him saying, um, yeah, IDK where I rank. I might be top 5, IDK. Please, that's not the type of confidence you want from your star and franchise player. If you do, then you better not expect to win any championships.

Well come on dude, I was just pointing out the truth. We all know CP3 is by far the best PG in this league. Deron and Nash are close, and I'd put Deron ahead of Nash if he leads the Jazz to second round and gives the Lakers some sort of challenge they need.

bluechox
04-29-2010, 12:36 AM
stephon marbury curse has now finally passed on. marbury should come back next season and hes gonna light it up while derons gonna suck
marbury claimed he was the best pg back in (some year) when the team was wining, made that same statement of im the best pg and right after that, the team sank. Now watch the jazz lose 3 straight to denver

book it

wang4three
04-29-2010, 12:40 AM

Tracy acted like the series was over, I don't see how Deron is doing that.

Mewwem22
04-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Well come on dude, I was just pointing out the truth. We all know CP3 is by far the best PG in this league. Deron and Nash are close, and I'd put Deron ahead of Nash if he leads the Jazz to second round and gives the Lakers some sort of challenge they need.
Who's this "we all" you speak of?
The majority of people rank D-Will ahead of CP3 now.. mainly because he's played like the better player.. I'd say the "debate" is 60% think deron is better, and 40% think paul is at this point.

And you can't say "by far the best pg in the league" then say "nash and deron are close." That's a contradiction..

Juges8932
04-29-2010, 12:46 AM

It's subjective. It's not like who is better, CP3 or Jordan Farmar. Deron Williams and CP3 is a very legitimate debate. CP3 is great, but so is Deron. And saying that either one is better by far is either said through a homer, hater, ignorant, or foolish pair of eyes. A healthy CP3 probably is the best in the league, but it isn't by a mile.

Kiddlovesnets
04-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Who's this "we all" you speak of?
The majority of people rank D-Will ahead of CP3 now.. mainly because he's played like the better player.. I'd say the "debate" is 60% think deron is better, and 40% think paul is at this point.

And you can't say "by far the best pg in the league" then say "nash and deron are close." That's a contradiction..

Well I was saying Nash and Deron are close to each other, not to CP3. XD

Quata
04-29-2010, 01:23 AM
He backed up what he said tonight, just melo's team mates really stepped up, whereas outside of boozer no one did a whole lot.

First player EVER, to get 20+pts/10+asts in the first 5 games of a playoff series :applause:

Wish the jazz could have closed out tonight, but im happy the bucks won. Better have a better team and defensive performance in game 6.

YAH trick YAH
04-29-2010, 01:45 AM
A lot of feelings caught in this thread:roll:

HorryIsMyMVP
04-29-2010, 02:18 AM
What is the record for most free throws in a single play off game? I can't imagine it's much over 42.

Juges8932
04-29-2010, 02:19 AM
What is the record for most free throws in a single play off game? I can't imagine it's much over 42.

Don't worry, just wait for game 6. They'll handedly beat that number. Game will probably take 4 hours.

HorryIsMyMVP
04-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Don't worry, just wait for game 6. They'll handedly beat that number. Game will probably take 4 hours.
I dunno it's in Utah. I feel like even Stern is powerless in Utah.

AK47DR91
04-29-2010, 02:58 AM
He truly is the best PG in the league.

And Rondo is #2.

Juges8932
04-29-2010, 03:00 AM
I dunno it's in Utah. I feel like even Stern is powerless in Utah.

I was referring to the Lakers/Thunder game 6 lol. Because the Thunder got 42 against the Lakers and have been getting a lot all series.

joshwake
04-29-2010, 07:05 PM

You're clearly the biggest troll on ISH and nothing you have ever said is worth reading.

The_Yearning
04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I was referring to the Lakers/Thunder game 6 lol. Because the Thunder got 42 against the Lakers and have been getting a lot all series.

well refs should make it up for them since game 5 was a strict no call basis for the Thunder

clayton
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
...and that he is!

hotsizzle
04-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I've thought the same thing for a while. Ever since their breakout years and even through Paul's MVP caliber season, I've always thought Deron was better.

magnax1
04-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Made who?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You're an idiot if you don't think Nash has made any players. Diaw, Thomas, and JJ have all gotten huge contracts because of what they did whith Nash.
CP3 doesn't really even have a logical case for best PG anymore. Utah, with a worse team has already taken Denver further then CP3 ever did, and its because of DWill averaging 25-12 compared to CP3 averaging 16-10.

JimmyConway
04-29-2010, 09:18 PM
D rose has NOAH

2LeTTeRS
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Wait what? The man isn't out slapping babies, he showed confidence in himself. How does this make him less marketable?

Paul Pierce's was just stupid and annoying, and made me start disliking him. I think he is the best currently (Deron). I was just making the point that he's not even being an arrogant prick about it.

If the Jazz/Lakers series (Assuming they both win) is reffed anything like the Lakers/Thunder, the Jazz have nothing to worry about lol.

You know that says more about your oversensitive ass than him right?

lefthook00
04-29-2010, 09:30 PM
D-Will has been punking CP3 since college. Head to head at least.

Go Getter
04-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Steve Nash is not number 2, 3, or 4 [His D is horrible and he turns the ball over too much] and D Will's need to stfu before he gets a nagging injury that curbs his amazing play [he is prone to them].

sirkeelma
04-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm disappointed that people here in ISH are forgetting Rajon Rondo when it comes to best PG's in the league.:confusedshrug:

Batz
04-30-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm disappointed that people here in ISH are forgetting Rajon Rondo when it comes to best PG's in the league.:confusedshrug:
Horrible offensive game... Come back next year?

Go Getter
04-30-2010, 01:40 AM

I don't see why either.

People think that a flashy [and oft times horrible] 3pt shot is better than a layup.

Today, I'd rather have Rondo on my team than Nash.

Rondo is a champion...he deserves more respect.

sirkeelma
04-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Horrible offensive game... Come back next year?
and you're saying that Nash is top five? Horrible defensive game? Don't get it.

Juges8932
04-30-2010, 01:48 AM
You know that says more about your oversensitive ass than him right?

It doesn't cloud my judgement of how great of a player he is. I will defend him if I think he is being wrongly trashed, but I just don't like him. I don't see the big deal lol? We all have players we don't like. I was actually a little bit happy for the Celtics, even though I was sad the Lakers lost, because I felt with everything those 3 (Ray, KG, and PP) had gone through in their careers, it was nice to see them be rewarded with a championship. I just don't like Paul's arrogance (People say, but omfg, you <3 Kobe, lulz!). Being cocky is fine, when you (In my mind) back it up. If LeBron or Wade say they're the best player in the league, that's fine. They are very arguably that, particularly LeBron this year. Paul was the best player in the finals (Though Ray Ray played great as well), but he specifically called out Kobe, saying that he's the best, not Kobe. It just felt unnecessary to me. It was extremely arrogant and not humble of him. My dislike for Paul has certainly diminished since '08, but part of me still dislikes him, though I like his step back shot a lot and I actually use it a lot myself. So yeah, it was probably an overreaction, him saying that right after the Lakers lost just made it that much more annoying to me. I can be biased against him while watching the games and in game threads, but when it actually comes down to analyzing him as a player, I give him his props where it is due.

Carmeloo15
04-30-2010, 01:52 AM
1.Nash 2.Deron 3. CP3
:cheers:

Go Getter
04-30-2010, 02:17 AM
Nash= #5

Best shooting PG
2nd best passing PG
Worst defender

Burgz
04-30-2010, 02:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aYuoULok4w

jbryan1984
04-30-2010, 06:41 AM
lol, Chauncey Billups said the exact same thing a couple months ago in an interview before a Lakers game.

Lebron23
04-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Chris Paul
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose/Rajon Rondo

TennesseeFan
04-30-2010, 08:20 AM
How can CP3 be in the top 5 if he never plays?

LA KB24
04-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Lol @ the CP fanboys getting their panties in a bunch. Deron is right. If you're that good, you HAVE to think that you're the best.

And he is, so I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like he is going around and saying it out of nowhere, he was asked and he answered.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700028558/Utah-Jazz-notebook-Deron-Williams-still-thinks-hes-the-best-point-guard-out-there.html
SALT LAKE CITY — On Wednesday, when asked, Deron Williams declared himself to be the best point guard in the NBA.
On Thursday, after local and national media members in search of fresh and deadline-friendly story angles from the Jazz's first-round playoff series with the Denver Nuggets jumped on the claim and ran with it, Williams expressed dismay over the hullabaloo.
"It's stupid," he said. "I've said it before. I mean, I don't know how many times I've been asked that, and now it gets blown out of proportion."
Ah, the magnification power of postseason microscopes.
"If you are a competitor, you are going to think you are the best at something," Williams said. "It's as simple as that. That's how you keep your edge. That's how you stay focused, stay sharp.
"It is what it is. Chris Paul thinks he's the best point guard. Steve Nash thinks he's the best point guard. Kobe (Bryant) thinks he's the best shooting guard, best player in the world.
"That's how it is" he added. "That's how you are supposed to think."