PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is more humble about his talent than Jordan.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
i was impressed by his MVP speech. He really wanted to thank eveybody, but himself. Then even called up all his teammates saying this was because of them. Michael Jordan was a little c*cky ***** that belittled his teammates and made fun of them because they weren't close to his level.

I hope LeBron wins his ring soon he deserves it.

TennesseeFan
05-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm more humble than you!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOBB
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I buy Lebron humble routine as much as I did Kobe goody twoshoes image. I hope Bron wins a ring this season but its not because of this so called humbleness. He overdoes the act. Should win an Oscar to go with that MVP trophy he got this season.

Batz
05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Whoever wrote that speech is pretty damn good.

OldSchoolBBall
05-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Uhh, Jordan generally thanked his team during his MVP conferences and speeches etc.

Fallguy20
05-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I think if you are an elite talent player then you got their by having a confidence that is unshakeable, thus making you believe that you truely are one of if not the best player. Jordan and LeBron and Kobe and somebody else (idk, throw some superstar out there) has to believe that they are a legit talent and the best or else they wouldnt be there. Therefore, humbleness is really hard to get.

dr8ked
05-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Jordan could back up his talk, thats why he was Cocky. Nowadays players are pussified.

Niquesports
05-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I think if you are an elite talent player then you got their by having a confidence that is unshakeable, thus making you believe that you truely are one of if not the best player. Jordan and LeBron and Kobe and somebody else (idk, throw some superstar out there) has to believe that they are a legit talent and the best or else they wouldnt be there. Therefore, humbleness is really hard to get.

Thank you :applause: I was about to go off . You do get to be the best or one of the best by being Humble. An old coach use to tell us Stomp a grape with a sledge hammer. Jordan,Bird,Magic,Russell Isiah Kobe true winners would smack your mother if thats what it took to win. Lebron doesnt have that he is too busy putting on a show for the camera. Maybe the pain from losing last year has woke him up but so far i haven't seen it he is still trying to impress the fans with some fake B******* instead of knocking out the other team thats the one thing Kobe has over him .

ZeN
05-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Im not sure if humility and competitiveness go well together.

BlueandGold
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok so he's more humble, that means he's a better basketball player right?

ashbelly
05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Ok so he's more humble, that means he's a better basketball player right?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ashbelly
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Thank you :applause: I was about to go off . You do get to be the best or one of the best by being Humble. An old coach use to tell us Stomp a grape with a sledge hammer. Jordan,Bird,Magic,Russell Isiah Kobe true winners would smack your mother if thats what it took to win. Lebron doesnt have that he is too busy putting on a show for the camera. Maybe the pain from losing last year has woke him up but so far i haven't seen it he is still trying to impress the fans with some fake B******* instead of knocking out the other team thats the one thing Kobe has over him .

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: This guy is a clown

King Baron
05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07R42sngi9dOI/610x.jpg

Real humble!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LA_Showtime
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
A lot of players thank their teammates and coaches. I think it's great that LeBron made the MVP presentation open to the public, but saying that LeBron James is humble is an oxymoron.

King Baron
05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/57433ex_james_b-gr_011.jpg

More humbleness!!!

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/d377035ac4f6dbfd0beeff8a61b77d1d.jpg

PP34Deuce
05-03-2010, 05:48 PM
you know what.... when you look at it....biased aside

Kobe wasnt hated for being fake. Honestly if you have ever seen the guy in person hes a very low key guy and hes smug. He came from a well travelled rich background. He was silver spoon kid. People just dislike him but hes never came off like he truely care about people lol.

Jordan is an asshole in real life. But Jordan has a unique charm that as assholish as he is, he is loved. Jordan was never fake and is looked at as the mans man because of it.

I tend to think Lebron James is between Kobe and MJ. He struggled growing up like michael did but received special treatment when he was 16. Hes more humble than Kobe but not quite the asshole that MJ was.

LA_Showtime
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't know why anyone calls Kobe fake. Some people like Knoe said they've hated Kobe since he came into the league because of his smug attitude. How is that fake? If anything, he's just a basketball junky who rubs people the wrong way. That's all.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-03-2010, 05:53 PM
of course he's more humble, he hasn't won squat sh!t. talk to me when he wins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 championships...

ctown4eva
05-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I buy Lebron humble routine as much as I did Kobe goody twoshoes image. I hope Bron wins a ring this season but its not because of this so called humbleness. He overdoes the act. Should win an Oscar to go with that MVP trophy he got this season.
....riiiiiight...

This is the guy who buys his teammates gifts, hangs out with them, never gets in their faces like Jordan/KG, yet STILL pushes them to be better and MAKES them better.

Yup, it's all an act. :roll: Why can't people just accept that James isn't the douche bag you all peg him as?

ctown4eva
05-03-2010, 06:04 PM

And LeBron's memory is even better because, um, he didnt have notes.

CLE[216]
05-03-2010, 06:05 PM
http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/-5152ed80128588b9_custom_665xauto.jpg

Fatal9
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Jordan was never fake
:oldlol:

if we are talking about repeating fake cliche BS, Jordan is unmatched. in interviews, on his DVDs, in his speeches (except ironically his HOF speech, but that's not who he was during his career). it's the most nauseating thing to listen to. I'd say he was the first major "fake" star. You could say Dr. J, but I genuinely believe he was a classy guy.

GOBB
05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
....riiiiiight...

This is the guy who buys his teammates gifts, hangs out with them, never gets in their faces like Jordan/KG, yet STILL pushes them to be better and MAKES them better.

Yup, it's all an act. :roll: Why can't people just accept that James isn't the douche bag you all peg him as?

Who pegged Bron as a d-bag? I cant stand toddlers like you who enter a thread and make up stuff while you reply. Get a clue before you ever reply to me kid. Even after images countering Sir Humbleness was posted you still type your crap. :ohwell:

Bron overdoes it with the humble routine. Nothing you say can disprove that.

"He bought his team watches that one time. I saw it when he accepted his MVP trophy!"

What are you 12? Go to bed.

LA KB24
05-04-2010, 02:21 AM
:roll:

shadow
05-04-2010, 02:25 AM
:oldlol:

if we are talking about repeating fake cliche BS, Jordan is unmatched. in interviews, on his DVDs, in his speeches (except ironically his HOF speech, but that's not who he was during his career). it's the most nauseating thing to listen to. I'd say he was the first major "fake" star. You could say Dr. J, but I genuinely believe he was a classy guy.

I was about to bring this up. MJ was the king of having a well defined media persona.

LA_Showtime
05-04-2010, 02:28 AM
LeBron seems like a fun guy to be around who is more humble in person than how he comes off to the media. His teammates like him a lot; he can't be an egotistical douchebag.

kidachi
05-04-2010, 02:32 AM
MJ wasn't humble?

I've never heard MJ brag about anything.. or at least to a point where you get annoyed or go "oh brother!"..

MJ is as humble as anyone can get..

LA_Showtime
05-04-2010, 02:33 AM
MJ wasn't humble?

I've never heard MJ brag about anything.. or at least to a point where you get annoyed or go "oh brother!"..

You obviously haven't seen his HOF speech.

kidachi
05-04-2010, 02:36 AM
....and with LeBron, I don't buy his "humbleness"..

the MVP speech.. i buy that.. his love for his family and friends.. that's true.. that's genuine.. nobody can take that away from him..

but the "humble" act he does at times.. the i "don't care about individual accolades and the stats shyt".. NO. i don't buy that..

LeBron is a great player.. but he's brash.. and he isn't humble..

LA_Showtime
05-04-2010, 02:39 AM
....and with LeBron, I don't buy his "humbleness"..

the MVP speech.. i buy that.. his love for his family and friends.. that's true.. that's genuine.. nobody can take that away from him..

but the "humble" act he does at times.. the i "don't care about individual accolades and the stats shyt".. NO. i don't buy that..

LeBron is a great player.. but he's brash.. and he isn't humble..

Of course he cares about stats. That's just a load of bull.

He sort of comes off too robotic. That's why I think he's more down to earth as a player; I think his teammates see the real LeBron and that's why he's such a popular teammate.

kidachi
05-04-2010, 02:41 AM
You obviously haven't seen his HOF speech.

LET'S GIVE JORDAN THIS:

-It was his special moment for all his hardwork and the entertainment he gave us

-he's the GOAT

and it wasn't THAT annoying.. yes it's not humble.. but it's still ok to hear.. it's not "Floyd Mayweather" boastfulness..

AK47DR91
05-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Real kings show no humility.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-04-2010, 04:47 AM
GOBB maybe LBJ was acting, but it seemed legit it a very well written speak. I ould be suprised if LBJ has had a few public speaking classes in his past.

OhNoTimNoSho
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Can any of you people imagine if everyone scrutinized and over-analyzed every single one of your actions, no matter how insignificant? You know how stupid that is? I can't believe people still get on LeBron for those t-shirts. Hes like in africa in a shirt he prob wore once for 25 minutes, yet that moment defines him as a person. You guys are douches. I'm sure LeBron is cocky, why wouldnt he be, get off his nuts.

Shax
05-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Can any of you people imagine if everyone scrutinized and over-analyzed every single one of your actions, no matter how insignificant? You know how stupid that is? I can't believe people still get on LeBron for those t-shirts. Hes like in africa in a shirt he prob wore once for 25 minutes, yet that moment defines him as a person. You guys are douches. I'm sure LeBron is cocky, why wouldnt he be, get off his nuts.

You clearly don't understand how significant wearing a t-shirt is. lol

Of course Lebron is more humble than Jordan, but it's not saying much as we all know Jordan is a dick.

cotdt
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
LBJ is far more humble than MJ

greymatter
01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Both are primadonnas to the extreme.

They're both apparently horrible tippers too. Amazing how one can be worth 100s of millions, have no problems spending 10s of thousands on their friends/posse in upscale bars and restaurants, yet be incredibly fcuking cheap bastards when it comes to tipping their servers.

AMISTILLILL
01-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Both are primadonnas to the extreme.

They're both apparently horrible tippers too. Amazing how one can be worth 100s of millions, have no problems spending 10s of thousands on their friends/posse in upscale bars and restaurants, yet be incredibly fcuking cheap bastards when it comes to tipping their servers.

...and this is relevant how?

KingBeasley08
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
...and this is relevant how?
Isn't it obvious?? that poster is a waiter who was serving Lebron and Jordan and got only 5 bucks for his tip :lol

Draz
01-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I can careless is a fhuking professional athlete is humble or not. They need to do one thing and one thing only, play the game how it's supposed to be played. Anything extra is for fans who have nothing better to do and create dramatic shit. Jordan could of been the most cockiest players in the game, does he lose credibility for what he's done?

LakersReign
01-08-2012, 02:00 AM
i was impressed by his MVP speech. He really wanted to thank eveybody, but himself. Then even called up all his teammates saying this was because of them. Michael Jordan was a little c*cky ***** that belittled his teammates and made fun of them because they weren't close to his level.

Yeah....cuz referring to yourself in the third person like you're a discount version of The Rock, really screams humility....right?!:facepalm

andgar923
01-08-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm more humble than you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I f*ckin love it when people say "I'm humble" in any sense.

I :oldlol: :rolleyes: :banghead: :facepalm :roll: every time

calvin671996
01-08-2012, 02:57 AM
he don't deserve a ring since he went to miami

copper
01-08-2012, 03:04 AM

He might be more humble( or at least act that way when someone writes his speech) because he doesnt have Jordans talent. Are you kidding? MJ was the baddest dude on the planet. Mj didnt have to try to coattail to win a ring. Lets face it, if any of us had MJs talent, I m pretty sure we might be swaggin it too.

Derka
01-08-2012, 03:07 AM
Why on Earth was it necessary to necro this?

He's as humble as I am black. That is to say...not at all.

Cali Syndicate
01-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Is he humble if he wears "check my stats" shirts?

Cali Syndicate
01-08-2012, 03:20 AM
MJ wasn't humble?

Uh..yeah.

Wait....

What???

NumberSix
01-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Jordan,Bird,Magic,Russell Isiah Kobe true winners would smack your mother if thats what it took to win.
Kobe is a winner. Can't be questioned. BUT......

I don't buy the whole "all Kobe cares about is winning"line that people mindlessly spew. I've watched every season of his career and this just simply isn't true. Kobe Bryant is pretty much the Brett Favre of the NBA. Sure, he wants to win, but even more than that, he wants to be the reason why they won.

I'm not one of these idiots who thinks he'd rather lose than not be "the man". That obviously isn't true, and it's actually just flat out stupid. Of corse you'd ALWAYS rather win than not win. The fact is though, his main goal isn't doing whatever it takes to win. His focus is doing whatever it takes for himslef to be the reason they won.

skan72
01-08-2012, 04:06 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/9rtyj6.png

InspiredLebowski
01-08-2012, 04:07 AM
dumb bump is dumb