PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh removed Toronto as his location on twitter

beasted86
05-04-2010, 11:56 PM
# Location Everywhere

:applause:

Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Thunder? Where will he sign?

inclinerator
05-05-2010, 12:01 AM
:old lol

L.Kizzle
05-05-2010, 12:02 AM
HoustoN

IamSofaKing
05-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Bulls or Thunder

HylianNightmare
05-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Like anyone actually thought he was going to stay

jdem
05-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Lakers.

Real Men Wear Green
If I was him? Miami, no question. Great whether, beautiful women (although the silicone is excessive), and a great teammate in Wade with whom I could win Championships with some decent GM work.

InspiredLebowski
Generally I've always liked Bosh's personality, some of his YouTube videos are comedic gold. But all this Twitter dumbassery attention whore stuff makes me hope he becomes one of the "worst contracts in the league."

Real Men Wear Green
05-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Lakers.
He doesn't fit in with Gasol Bynum and Odom already there and Wade will be great longer than Bryant. Plus, they don't have the money...a sign and trade is possible but just signing with the Heat is easier.

Black Elvis
05-05-2010, 12:06 AM
ET was filmed in SoCal. He'll sign with the Clips or Lakers if he wants to be with his own kind.

OG LeeTSkeeT
05-05-2010, 12:07 AM
ET was filmed in SoCal. He'll sign with the Clips or Lakers if he wants to be with his own kind.
you mean Jurassic Park?

Thunder and Heat

Maneva
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
He doesn't fit in with Gasol Bynum and Odom already there and Wade will be great longer than Bryant. Plus, they don't have the money...a sign and trade is possible but just signing with the Heat is easier.

Bynum for Bosh is the rumor.

Also, he's at the Lakers game tonight. Don't know if that means anything, but there it is.

IamSofaKing
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM

Not funny, he's a dinosaur

anyway according to his twitter hes at the Lakers and Jazz game

jdem
05-05-2010, 12:09 AM

Just going with what the current evidence suggests. He is in the same room as Phil Jackson, Kupcake, and Kobe as we speak.

LA KB24
05-05-2010, 12:11 AM
I can definitely see him playing with D-Rose. MAYBE even D-Rose and DWade. That would be amazing.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Bosh on the Thunder :eek:

Real Men Wear Green
05-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Also, he's at the Lakers game tonight. Don't know if that means anything, but there it is.
That would improve LA's overall talent level and enable Bosh to make a little more money but for LA that's not a team improvement, just on-paper talent. Gasol and Bosh are fairly similar types of pfs that could both use a rugged big man at center. It would give LA a great offensive frontcourt if they played with each other unselfishly but they already have that when they want it. If I was Kupchack I wouldn't bother with this, their current formula has already won a title once and made the Finals twice.

raptorfan_dr07
05-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Generally I've always liked Bosh's personality, some of his YouTube videos are comedic gold. But all this Twitter dumbassery attention whore stuff makes me hope he becomes one of the "worst contracts in the league."

Same here. I've been one of his biggest supporters ever since he was drafted but I've really soured on him the past month or so. At this point I don't care if he stays or goes. There's the old saying that karma is a b*tch.

Real Men Wear Green
05-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Just going with what the current evidence suggests. He is in the same room as Phil Jackson, Kupcake, and Kobe as we speak.
"Same room?" Wouldn't they be worried about pissing off Bynum in the middle of the playoffs? You don't potentially offend an important player right now, you wait until the offseason.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-05-2010, 12:16 AM
That would improve LA's overall talent level and enable Bosh to make a little more money but for LA that's not a team improvement, just on-paper talent. Gasol and Bosh are fairly similar types of pfs that could both use a rugged big man at center. It would give LA a great offensive frontcourt if they played with each other unselfishly but they already have that when they want it. If I was Kupchack I wouldn't bother with this, their current formula has already won a title once and made the Finals twice.
lakers only do this because of andrews injury history. no way they do this if he's healthy and non-injury prone.

Kingwillball
I can definitely see him playing with D-Rose. MAYBE even D-Rose and DWade. That would be amazing.

Yup Heat or Bulls Most Likely..Knicks maybe 3rd.

Black Elvis

It won't be for Bynum but it might be for Gasol. Gasol would probably be happier in T-Dot and he has clearly showed a disgust for Kobe's selfishness this season.

Babalu
05-05-2010, 12:18 AM
hes at the laker game right now watching his new team.

bosh for powell, morrisson, walton and farmar.

triplet towers!

jdem
05-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Bosh for Bynum, Farmar, Mbenga, Morrison, Powell, Sasha, and Walton.

Bynum is decent, but he's injury prone, and he is the type of player that won't be there for the team when things aren't going well (like when Kobe retires).

hayden695
05-05-2010, 12:22 AM
As a raps fan I would like to have a sign and trade with the Thunder the most. They can offer us a lot and are out west so it wouldn't be quite as bad.

Though if we could S&T him to the nets for Lopez and shit I would love that. Actually anywhere we could get a nice C.

I doubt we will get much but I can hope.

And I doubt he does go to Miami. Bosh has said numerous times he wants to be the main guy, obviously that wouldn't happen in Miami. And I thought he said in an interview a while back he wasn't too close with Wade. I might be mistaken on that last part.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Bosh for Bynum, Farmar, Mbenga, Morrison, Powell, Sasha, and Walton.

Bynum is decent, but he's injury prone, and he is the type of player that won't be there for the team when things aren't going well (like when Kobe retires).
bynum is paid, doubt lakers have to add all them players...

dallaslonghorn
05-05-2010, 12:26 AM
He should go to Chicago. He'd be the front-court scorer they've needed for a long time, and he would be lethal with Rose on the pick and roll. Also, he'd have a 7-footer inside in Noah who could handle defense/rebounding.

jdem
05-05-2010, 12:27 AM
bynum is paid, doubt lakers have to add all them players...

They don't have to, but they should. Lakers have the worst 8-12 in the league.

Tito Beasley
05-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Though if we could S&T him to the nets for Lopez and shit I would love that. Actually anywhere we could get a nice C.

How would you like your very own Chris Kaman?

hayden695
05-05-2010, 12:29 AM
How would you like your very own Chris Kaman?
Alot more than our prized Andrea Bargnani.

Black Elvis
05-05-2010, 12:29 AM
People are STUPID if they think there will be a Bynum for Bosh trade. :lol

First of all the Lakers are still very high on Bynum and overrate his potential. Second of all Toronto don't want another player like Bynum that's going to be just as unhappy there as Bosh, while clearly euro-soft Gasol would thrive in Toronto's international flavor. He would love it there and the fans would love him back. Add that to Gasol's vocal unhappiness with playing alongside Kobe.

There is no way a Bynum-Bosh trade would ever happen. It's gonna be Gasol if he comes to Lakers without a doubt.

Tito Beasley
05-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Alot more than our prized Andrea Bargnani.

Excellent, then let us work out a sign and trade for Bosh that will send you Kaman, and you can move Andrea to PF or bring him off the bench or boot him if you want.

LA_Showtime
05-05-2010, 12:33 AM
I would hate to see Bynum leave. Even if he can't stay healthy I'd rather have him on the Lakers and see how he develops. However, if you have an opportunity to get Bosh you almost have to do it.

hayden695
05-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Excellent, then let us work out a sign and trade for Bosh that will send you Kaman, and you can move Andrea to PF or bring him off the bench or boot him if you want.
Deal.

Kaman, Eric Gordon and a pick.

for

Bosh, and if that seems unfair we will add in Mr. Motivation himself, Hedo Turkoglu.

beasted86
05-05-2010, 12:38 AM
As a raps fan I would like to have a sign and trade with the Thunder the most.

Bosh has said numerous times he wants to be the main guy, obviously that wouldn't happen in Miami.

Bosh definitely won't be the #1 on the Thunder.

DetroitPistonFan
05-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Why do a lot of NBA players go buy tickets to watch a Laker game? They never buy tickets for other great teams and watch them court side.

raptorfan_dr07
05-05-2010, 12:48 AM

Sign me up too. I love Kaman. And yeah, Bargs can move to his more natural PF spot and let Kaman do the dirty work down low.

blacknapalm
05-05-2010, 12:53 AM
bosh to OKC needs to pipe down. they owe a LOT of money to their young players over in a couple years. for what it's worth, they also want to start ibaka at C next season and see how he does.

top 2 candidates: miami, chicago
small outside chance: NY, clips, NJ

i get a weird feeling who's going to miami, but if cavs lose to boston, it will only get more interesting.

InspiredLebowski
05-05-2010, 01:00 AM
bosh to OKC needs to pipe down. they owe a LOT of money to their young players over in a couple years Meh, I don't know what Clay Bennett wants to spend, but OKC's in fairly decent shape to add a huge piece if he ponies up. Durant and Green'll have team option years after next season, Durant'll clearly be a max contract guy. Green'll make just under $6mm in the last year of his rookie deal, does anyone think he'll make that much more than that on an extension? If they let him walk does anyone think he's that unreplaceable? Westbrook's still locked up for 2 full seasons and while he'll get a pretty big deal, he'll already be making around ~7mm in the last year of his rookie deal. There are plenty of BIG extensions due, but part of drafting SO high SO often over a few years means your "rookie deals" aren't exactly guys that're going to be getting 100% salary bumps. Outside of Durant I don't think a lot of them will be such substantial raises that they'd be deterred from playing this summer's FA market hard if there's someone they like. After all, what's the point of cap space if you're not going to use it?

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 01:31 AM
I really hope it's Houston.

At least then the Raptors would only have to play them twice rather than 3-4 times if he went to Chicago or Miami. Plus Houston has the best collection of assets to give back in a sign and trade for Toronto to rebuild.

Either way though, **** you Bryan Colangelo for screwing all this up.

D-Rose
05-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Miami with Wade would be such an awesome pairing.

Bigsmoke
05-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Bosh isnt going to play for the Lakers...when will people realized that.

The Lakers do not need him and does not have the money either.

Lebron23
05-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Welcome to Chicago.

Noah, Bosh, and Rose = 50 wins in the Eastern Conference.

ZenMaster
05-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Houston is probably the team Bosh would be best on. Their current lineup is perfect for him.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Sweet Home.....Chi-ca-go!

Stay away from Humboldt Park though homeboy!

lpublic_enemyl
05-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Sweet Home.....Chi-ca-go!

Stay away from Humboldt Park though homeboy!
mostly likely the heat or the rockets

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 02:19 AM
mostly likely the heat or the rockets

Yeah and you know this because you and Bosh are close buddies?

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Houston is probably the team Bosh would be best on. Their current lineup is perfect for him.

if i was bosh i'd go to houston :lol

aaron brooks/ kyle lowry
kevin martin/ chase budinger
trevor ariza/ shane battier
chris bosh/ luis scola
yao ming/ jordan hill

with a HOF coach in rick adelman

deepest team in the league :pimp:

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 02:33 AM
if i was bosh i'd go to houston :lol

aaron brooks/ kyle lowry
kevin martin/ chase budinger
trevor ariza/ shane battier
chris bosh/ luis scola
yao ming/ jordan hill

with a HOF coach in rick adelman

deepest team in the league :pimp:

Yeah you can count on Yao being hurt.

Kevin Martin is a chucker.

Brooks is good but overrated and so is Ariza.

After that it leaves you Scola and Battier who are solid and Chase who I like but is a rookie and untapped potential wise.

Rose/Hinrich
FA SG/Hinrich
Deng/JJ
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Miller

Much better team!

BallPhunk
05-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Why do a lot of NBA players go buy tickets to watch a Laker game? They never buy tickets for other great teams and watch them court side.

Really? What do I need to explain next? Why it's dark at night?

:sleeping

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 02:40 AM

After that it leaves you Scola and Battier who are solid and Chase who I like but is a rookie and untapped potential wise.

Rose/Hinrich
FA SG/Hinrich
Deng/JJ
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Miller

Much better team!

bulls dont even have a coach right now lol

adelman is a HOF coach with an established system already set in houston. with one of the best gm's in the game with daryl morey

you dont know the future so you dont know how yao will be after his surgery.

aaron brroks and kevin martin are already one of the best backcourts in the nba and with bosh the rockets would have one of the best front courts with 2 solid defenders at the SF spot and a SOLID bench.

rockets had a better record than the bulls while playing in the west this year without yao

gtfoh with that bs :oldlol:

TheGrassIsGreen
05-05-2010, 02:50 AM

Rose/Hinrich
FA SG/Hinrich
Deng/JJ
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Miller

Much better team!

Yao being hurt gives Bosh the chance to be the "Man"; something that he covets. Martin is arguably the most efficient player in NBA history. Hardly a chucker. I don't see how people overrate Brooks or Ariza. Nobody thinks either is an all-star.

Plus, the most likely scenario involving Bosh moving to another team would be a sign and trade; considering the fact that re-signing with Toronto would allow him to ink a 6 year deal as opposed to 5. Houston has the best assets that a rebuilding team would want.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 02:50 AM
bulls dont even have a coach right now lol

adelman is a HOF coach with an established system already set in houston. with one of the best gm's in the game with daryl morey

you dont know the future so you dont know how yao will be after his surgery.

aaron brroks and kevin martin are already one of the best backcourts in the nba and with bosh the rockets would have one of the best front courts with 2 solid defenders at the SF spot and a SOLID bench.

rockets had a better record than the bulls while playing in the west this year without yao

gtfoh with that bs :oldlol:

I'll give you Adleman I really respect him as a coach....and I'll give you the SF position too you guys are set there.

But Brooks/Martin the best backcourt in the league?:roll:

Yao is hurt every year so you don't need a crystal ball or a call from Ms. Cleo to predict that he gets hurt again.:confusedshrug:

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 02:52 AM
. Martin is arguably the most efficient player in NBA history. Hardly a chucker.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_cat-12926.jpg

TheGrassIsGreen
05-05-2010, 02:56 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/martike02.html

The numbers speak for themselves.

Where's your proof that he's a chucker?

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 02:57 AM
I'll give you Adleman I really respect him as a coach....and I'll give you the SF position too you guys are set there.

But Brooks/Martin the best backcourt in the league?:roll:

Yao is hurt every year so you don't need a crystal ball or a call from Ms. Cleo to predict that he gets hurt again.:confusedshrug:

read

one of the best backcourts in the nba. what other backcourt iin the nba that has 2 legit 20 ppg scorers?

it's a match up nightmare because either or can explode for 30

yao has been hurt because of the constant strain on his body from playing in china. he''s getting reconstructive surgery (like big z in cleavland) AND wont be participating in playing basketball in china for the first time in his career.

bdreason
05-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Miami or Chicago.

First guess would be Miami.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 03:05 AM
read

one of the best backcourts in the nba. what other backcourt iin the nba that has 2 legit 20 ppg scorers?

it's a match up nightmare because either or can explode for 30

yao has been hurt because of the constant strain on his body from playing in china. he''s getting reconstructive surgery (like big z in cleavland) AND wont be participating in playing basketball in china for the first time in his career.
Duly noted [about my misquote about the backcourt]

But...

Yao has been hurt because he is tall and has a lot of strain on a weak lower body....plenty of players play international ball without having severe injuries that cost them whole seasons such as Yao.

ZenMaster
05-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Rose/Hinrich
FA SG/Hinrich
Deng/JJ
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Miller

Much better team!

1) Yao got surgery to prevent future injuries.

2) Kevin Martin gets a lot of free throws.

3) Even if you think Brooks and Martin are overrated they're still good players.

4) What's up with saying they're overrated as a way of saying they're not solid players?? That's a miss use of the term.

5) Houston would be better than Chicago with Bosh. They where better this year without Yao while playing in the western conference.

6) Houston could be a championship contender with Yao and Bosh of front. They're so much of an upgrade from this season.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 03:19 AM

3) Even if you think Brooks and Martin are overrated they're still good players.

4) What's up with saying they're overrated as a way of saying they're not solid players?? That's a miss use of the term.

5) Houston would be better than Chicago with Bosh. They where better this year without Yao while playing in the western conference.

6) Houston could be a championship contender with Yao and Bosh of front. They're so much of an upgrade from this season.

1.) Yao got surgery to repair an injury also IIRC...he is the definition of injury prone

2.) I said they were overrated but I agree that they are solid players ESPECIALLY on the offensive end.

3.) I don't disagree...with Bosh the Rockets would be better than the Bulls.

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Duly noted [about my misquote about the backcourt]

But...

Yao has been hurt because he is tall and has a lot of strain on a weak lower body....plenty of players play international ball without having severe injuries that cost them whole seasons such as Yao.

true.

but for the first time in his career he wont be playing international ball and will be getting surgery to reconstruct his bad foot and even trying to lose weight.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas had the same surgery and continued with a long prosperous career.

only time will tell. but even then the rockets have a lot of assets and fits bosh's game perfectly. multiple scorers, great bench, and a HOF coach.

no disrespect to the bulls.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 03:22 AM
true.

but for the first time in his career he wont be playing international ball and will be getting surgery to reconstruct his bad foot.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas had the same surgery and continued with a long prosperous career.

only time will tell. but even then the rockets have a lot of assets and fits bosh's game perfectly. multiple scorers, great bench, and a HOF coach.

no disrespect to the bulls.

No disrespect to the Rockets either I admire how they played small ball [and very tough] in Yao's absense.

With Bosh they'd be scary.

MiseryCityTexas
05-05-2010, 03:23 AM

****** ass threadstarter didn't even mention the rockets as a possible team to get bosh. this guy reminds me of somebody who works for espn.:no:

chazzy
05-05-2010, 03:23 AM
I find it funny that he's obviously grasping for attention during the playoffs. No one's talking about him, so he's making headlines through Twitter :oldlol:

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 03:30 AM
No disrespect to the Rockets either I admire how they played small ball [and very tough] in Yao's absense.

With Bosh they'd be scary.

:cheers:

i think bosh is going to the bulls or miami anyway so whatevs :lol

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-05-2010, 03:40 AM
I find it funny that he's obviously grasping for attention during the playoffs. No one's talking about him, so he's making headlines through Twitter :oldlol:
he is attention whoring.

i would love to see him play with a great guard in the east like chi town or heat to make the east more competitive.

TheGrassIsGreen
05-05-2010, 03:41 AM
1.) Yao got surgery to repair an injury also IIRC...he is the definition of injury prone

2.) I said they were overrated but I agree that they are solid players ESPECIALLY on the offensive end.

3.) I don't disagree...with Bosh the Rockets would be better than the Bulls.

HAI! I AKED YOU A QUESOTIN!

Fallguy20
05-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Its amazing how much Twitter has changed everything in the sports world.

wTFaMonkey
05-05-2010, 03:42 AM
bosh for Battier/budinger/hill and a 1st round pick :cheers:

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 03:51 AM
HAI! I AKED YOU A QUESOTIN!

I never said Kev was a chucker that was someone else sir.

Kev is a volume shooter/scorer...it's his role and he fits it.....I might have to take back calling him overrated if he stays healthy this season and does his thing.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 03:53 AM
he is attention whoring.

i would love to see him play with a great guard in the east like chi town or heat to make the east more competitive.

Only real comp is in the playoffs...of course you;d like to see Philly, NJ, and Ny do better but I think the way the power structure goes is cyclical.....the EAST shall rise again!

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 03:54 AM
but for the first time in his career he wont be playing international ball and will be getting surgery to reconstruct his bad foot and even trying to lose weight.

Yao seems like a good dude and he's an awesome talent.

I hope for the sake of the league, the Rockets, and his fans abroad that he can stay healthy but I have to admit I'm skeptical.

TheGrassIsGreen
05-05-2010, 04:01 AM
I never said Kev was a chucker that was someone else sir.

Kev is a volume shooter/scorer...it's his role and he fits it.....I might have to take back calling him overrated if he stays healthy this season and does his thing.

Rose/Hinrich
FA SG/Hinrich
Deng/JJ
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Miller

Much better team!

So I guess you're just full of shit then?

Chalkmaze
05-05-2010, 04:02 AM
HA!

People think he went to the Jazz/Lakers game to look at the Lakers, but he actually wanted to see if he could help the Utah Jazz get to the Finals next year.

ps. and btw we have Dinosaurland here too

http://www.viamagazine.com/images/articles/dinosaur_sign.jpg

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Yao seems like a good dude and he's an awesome talent.

I hope for the sake of the league, the Rockets, and his fans abroad that he can stay healthy but I have to admit I'm skeptical.

im on my last straw with yao.

im giving him slack now because he FINALLY wont be playing overseas (ugh) and will finally get the right surgery needed to make sure that same injury wont happen again but if he gets injured again next year after the surgery im giving up.

the nba needs more great big men in the league.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 04:06 AM
So I guess you're just full of shit then?

Hey I can admit when I'm wrong....well I'm not [totally] I don't think....he is a high volume shooter but it's justified because that is his role and he's good at it.

So I guess I meant chucker in a good context sorta.....because his game is rather one dimensional.

My bad man don't bite my head off...I'm working my 2nd job and I'm very tired.....you got it...I should have made sure of what I was saying and chosen my words more carefully.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 04:07 AM
the nba needs more great big men in the league.

The refs and rules are so pro-perimeter player that it shackles the big fellas.

TheGrassIsGreen
05-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Hey I can admit when I'm wrong....well I'm not [totally] I don't think....he is a high volume shooter but it's justified because that is his role and he's good at it.

So I guess I meant chucker in a good context sorta.....because his game is rather one dimensional.

My bad man don't bite my head off...I'm working my 2nd job and I'm very tired.....you got it...I should have made sure of what I was saying and chosen my words more carefully.

Don't bother feeling bad. I'm drunk and in need of confrontation.

6thManOfTheYear
05-05-2010, 04:13 AM
The refs and rules are so pro-perimeter player that it shackles the big fellas.

so true.

smh

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Don't bother feeling bad. I'm drunk and in need of confrontation.

:cheers:

Hopefully I can go home and get like you after a loooooooooooong nap.

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 04:19 AM
so true.

smh

The reason why we need yao is that he can operate without worrying about this a lot of the time because he has the skill and the opportunity to go up over either shoulder [quickly] without fear of his shot being blocked.

We need Yao and Gasol to do well and get the attention/admiration of young, up-and-coming big men so that post moves/players don't die off.

It might already be too late....everyone wants to face the basket.

MiseryCityTexas
05-05-2010, 04:52 AM

how is aaron brooks overrated when he just won most improved player award? whoever said that is a dumbass :roll:

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 04:54 AM
how is aaron brooks overrated when he just won most improved player award? whoever said that is a dumbass :roll:

I think he's a good player but I think that he's being overrated because of the award...just slightly though.

godofgods
05-05-2010, 04:58 AM
If he leaves Toronto, he will suffer a career ending injury.
Don't do it Bosh.

thejumpa
05-05-2010, 05:05 AM
I actually had a chance to talk to him earlier. He said he would most likely be going to Chicago if he opts out. It's a good thing, because that franchise really needs some winning in their lives.

RazorBaLade
05-05-2010, 05:13 AM
He was at the Laker game today.. Do u think he wants to come to LA or go to Jazz alongside D will? That is, if he wants to be on either team :P

lpublic_enemyl
05-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Yeah and you know this because you and Bosh are close buddies?
it makes the most sense... knicks have no one to play with him, thunder can only get him in a sign and trade, so by using logic you can knock off some teams

Go Getter
05-05-2010, 05:46 AM
it makes the most sense... knicks have no one to play with him, thunder can only get him in a sign and trade, so by using logic you can knock off some teams

Chicago doesn't make sense?

*sans our coaching predicament.

plowking
05-05-2010, 05:55 AM
For some reason I think it's the Rockets who'll get him. Although I hope it's Miami...

ZeN
05-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Chris Bosh to the Laker in a sign and trade.. would be too good to be true.

ZeN
05-05-2010, 05:57 AM
For some reason I think it's the Rockets who'll get him. Although I hope it's Miami...

If hes smart he will select Houston.. they have such a perfect situation for him.

rufuspaul
05-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Chris, come to Charlotte and play for team Jordan.

ZeN
05-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Chris, come to Charlotte and play for team Jordan.

That would be a strange twist to his story, albeit an ambitious one.

niko
05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't think he goes to Houston, etc. He has said he does NOT want to live in Texas. Houston is in Texas (even my limited geography skills can measure that).

I think he winds up in NY or Miami. NY if he wants to be the main guy, and Miami if he wants the sidekick role. (Or NY if Lebron comes which is too many variables). Miami is a very attractive situation to be sure. I actually think Riley is a negative there, i'm not sure all the young players want to go to Riley boot camp during the regular season.

KingLeBronJames
05-05-2010, 08:23 AM
HA!

People think he went to the Jazz/Lakers game to look at the Lakers, but he actually wanted to see if he could help the Utah Jazz get to the Finals next year.

ps. and btw we have Dinosaurland here too

http://www.viamagazine.com/images/articles/dinosaur_sign.jpg

Bosh don't like Utah.

kumquat
05-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Raptors fans are like the jilted psycho ex lovers. NB see vince carter.

ODEN>DURANT
05-05-2010, 08:41 AM
What do people think the chances are of Bosh going to OKC?

They could have Bosh, Durant, Westbrook if so.

Bigsmoke
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I actually had a chance to talk to him earlier. He said he would most likely be going to Chicago if he opts out. It's a good thing, because that franchise really needs some winning in their lives.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/watcanbrowndo4u8/bulls%20game%201%20and%202/bullsplayoffs041.jpg

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
What do people think the chances are of Bosh going to OKC?
0 - 2%. It's not going to happen.

Right now it looks like Houston, Chicago and Miami are probably the most likely destinations. I'm sure the Raptors would rather want Houston (and so do I) because Miami has nothing good to offer in a sign and trade and Chicago won't give up Noah so they really don't either.

PurpleChuck
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/watcanbrowndo4u8/bulls%20game%201%20and%202/bullsplayoffs041.jpg

This really proves how amazing MJ is, two 3-peat, that's unreal...

Back to topic, couldn't he be out of town?

boozehound
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM

he could also just have changed it since he doesnt live there in the offseason. I do think he will end up a knick or bull though.

niko
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Do Toronto fans understand Bosh has all the leverage and they have none? Your trade may consist of a bunch of 2nd rd picks and a trade exception. This thought that he goes to where the Raptors get best value is bizarre - since when do teams trade their free agents? They sign elsewhere, and you do a S&T to get the trade exception. He's not restricted.

Chicago won't give up Noah - of course not. Since when do you sign unrestricted FA's and the team signing them sends up value.

bballnoob
05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Do Toronto fans understand Bosh has all the leverage and they have none? Your trade may consist of a bunch of 2nd rd picks and a trade exception. This thought that he goes to where the Raptors get best value is bizarre - since when do teams trade their free agents? They sign elsewhere, and you do a S&T to get the trade exception. He's not restricted.

Chicago won't give up Noah - of course not. Since when do you sign unrestricted FA's and the team signing them sends up value.

That's why Houston is a more attractive destination. They can't outright sign Bosh so the Raps can get some expirers and hopefully a few picks. The OKC (Green, Ibaka, etc) or Bulls scenarios seem a bit unrealistic.

niko
05-05-2010, 11:15 AM
That's why Houston is a more attractive destination. They can't outright sign Bosh so the Raps can get some expirers and hopefully a few picks. The OKC (Green, Ibaka, etc) or Bulls scenarios seem a bit unrealistic.

He'd have to WANT to go to Houston. He has mentioned he doesn't like Texas and doesn't want to return there. The Houston interest as a location came from articles speculating they want Bosh. He's more attractive to Houston, and they are more attractive as a trade partner. Neither thing makes it even the slightest bit more likely he goes there.

Doko
05-05-2010, 11:17 AM

if Bosh wants the extra 30 millions he has to work on a reasonable sign and trade with the Raptors.

Chalkmaze
05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Bosh don't like Utah.

Say's who?

He'd thrive in Utah's system, and they'd be knocking on the door of a championship year after year.

If Utah's willing to pay him as much as other winning teams, he'd be foolish to turn down playing in Utah.

zORi
05-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Say's who?

He'd thrive in Utah's system, and they'd be knocking on the door of a championship year after year.

If Utah's willing to pay him as much as other winning teams, he'd be foolish to turn down playing in Utah.

I think he meant the city.

He wouldn't be the only player, most of them seem to hate Utah. Not just playing there because of the crowd, but the actual people there.

IIRC, didn't DWill and Boozer beat up some fans in a bar one time?

niko
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
if Bosh wants the extra 30 millions he has to work on a reasonable sign and trade with the Raptors.

I'm leaving. Facilliate my S&T and get the trade exception and some asset. Or **** off. And BTW - every free agent out there, please note that i played there, gave my all and they are trying to **** me on the way out.

They could play chicken with him, they'd lose. Someone needs to explain to me how every single other unrestricted FA who leaves gets this done, but for Bosh, the team he's leaving is going to pick his destination.

It's a pipe dream put out there by Raptor fans.

boozehound
05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
He'd have to WANT to go to Houston. He has mentioned he doesn't like Texas and doesn't want to return there. The Houston interest as a location came from articles speculating they want Bosh. He's more attractive to Houston, and they are more attractive as a trade partner. Neither thing makes it even the slightest bit more likely he goes there.
I had heard the quote about not wanting in play in Dallas, but I havent seen anything that was pan-TX. Any chance you can dig it up for me?

boozehound
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm leaving. Facilliate my S&T and get the trade exception and some asset. Or **** off. And BTW - every free agent out there, please note that i played there, gave my all and they are trying to **** me on the way out.

They could play chicken with him, they'd lose. Someone needs to explain to me how every single other unrestricted FA who leaves gets this done, but for Bosh, the team he's leaving is going to pick his destination.

yeah, I am sick of this also. Sure, he "needs" a SnT for an extra 30 mil. well then so does every FA under the current CBA. Why its being put forward like TOR has some significant influence over what bosh will do or what they can get in return is beyond me.

zORi
05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Has Bosh ever openly hinted at any place he would prefer to go?

I know one time on the radio he said that he feels he should be the number 1 option on whatever team he goes to.

If that's true, is Miami ruled out?

Doko
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM

If the offer is a bunch of 2nd round picks, I'd much rather screw him and let him sign via free agency, versus giving him 30 extra millions for nothing.
If he wants his big money he needs to be cohoperative.

thejumpa
05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
To the guy who posted Chicagos 6 championships....that was in 98 homie...12 years ago. Those days are long gone and Chicago hasn't been winning shit since. I could definitely see Bosh(maybe even LeBron) going there.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I dont see why he would leave.

zORi
05-05-2010, 12:40 PM

I'm guessing you're joking/being sarcastic.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm guessing you're joking/being sarcastic.
No, I'm not.

EroticVanilla
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
In his 7 years at Toronto they have proven themselves incapable of building a competitive team (in the East no less), while all the other big name players in his draft class have gone on to have success. And furthermore Toronto doesn't look like it can get better, they have a lot of money in Hedo's (who doesn't seem to give a shit about winning), Bargnani's (who is natural PF, that same position as Bosh) and Calderon's (who is the highest payed, but only the 2nd best PG on the team) contracts. So he can be stuck on a mismatched mediocre team, or go to another team and help the turn into a contender.

bada bing
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM

bosh really wants to win. He is getting disrespected in Toronto by the GM. The GM cares more about building around a 7 footer european sissy than a true star. The GM has given out huge contracts to Calderon, Bargnani and Hedo. I can understand giving out a huge contract to Hedo to some level but Calderon and Bargnani??? Those guys would have settled for much less but our GM just decided to put cash out.

Also, the GM has failed to build around Bosh in any way or form. He never added any player that added to Bosh's game. Has built the team around very soft heartless players which has rubbed on Bosh's reputation.

If the raps had done anything to build around Bosh, then it would be hard to figure out why he would leave. Right now, its expected. The reason everyone has said, including the media, that Bosh is going to leave Toronto is because of what the franchise has done with him. There is a reason for it all.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
In his 7 years at Toronto they have proven themselves incapable of building a competitive team (in the East no less), while all the other big name players in his draft class have gone on to have success. And furthermore Toronto doesn't look like it can get better, they have a lot of money in Hedo's (who doesn't seem to give a shit about winning), Bargnani's (who is natural PF, that same position as Bosh) and Calderon's (who is the highest payed, but only the 2nd best PG on the team) contracts. So he can be stuck on a mismatched mediocre team, or go to another team and help the turn into a contender.

Answer this question, what team can he turn into a contender and still get the same money he would if he stayed? All these scenarios are nice and all, but they usually involve him replacing another All-Star player(Utah,I'm assuming Boozer would be gone) or going to another team with one other superstar(Miami,NY, but they have no bench and arent going anywhere).

I still believe in Bargs and Hedo. Hopefully they can truly dedicate themselves this offseason and play better next year.

They gotta trade Calderon somewhere. That is a huge contract.

They're in the lottery, they could get a great pick and that would could change a lot too.

For us to sit here and say,"Oh,he's definitely not staying", would just be dumb.

Also, lets not pretend that Chris doesnt have himself to blame for some of the lack of success.

He wants MLSE to spend big, if they do, could they realistically get another free agent?(I'm not talking about an Amare or someone like that)

niko
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Answer this question, what team can he turn into a contender and still get the same money he would if he stayed? All these scenarios are nice and all, but they usually involve him replacing another All-Star player(Utah,I'm assuming Boozer would be gone) or going to another team with one other superstar(Miami,NY, but they have no bench and arent going anywhere).

I still believe in Bargs and Hedo. Hopefully they can truly dedicate themselves this offseason and play better next year.

They're in the lottery, they could get a great pick and that would could change a lot too.

For us to sit here and say,"Oh,he's definitely not staying", would just be dumb.

Also, lets not pretend that Chris doesnt have himself to blame for some of the lack of success.

He wants MLSE to spend big, if they do, could they realistically get another free agent?(I'm not talking about an Amare or someone like that)

He clearly doesn't want to be in Toronto. Haven't you ever wanted to go somewhere new? He wants to move on. You are rationalizing why he should stay, an exercise he clearly is not going to do because he doesn't want to stay.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
He clearly doesn't want to be in Toronto. Haven't you ever wanted to go somewhere new? He wants to move on. You are rationalizing why he should stay, an exercise he clearly is not going to do because he doesn't want to stay.
No,I want to go back.

How do we clearly know he doesnt want to stay? I know, I know, you're a Knick fan and I'm a Raptor fan, but I'm being completed unbiased. I see Chicago as a possibility, and they dont even have a coach right now. We will have to see how that vacancy is filled.

New York? That is just a flat out mess right now and we will have to see how that is sorted out.

I personally think this offseason will not come close to living up to the hype. I personally believe that all of these major players will stay where they are except for maybe Amare,Dirk and Joe Johnson.

EroticVanilla
05-05-2010, 01:06 PM

I somewhat agree with you, a lot of teams getting throw around have no chance at him (I'm looking at you, Knicks, Heat, and Thunder), but if he goes to Houston or Chicago he'll get exactly what he wants:

A. He'll be the "man"/number 1# option.

and

B. He'll still get the max (though not as long)

So why would he stay around hoping that Hedo (who doesn't fit with the team IMO, I honestly though any team signing Hedo for 9-10 mil would regret it.) and Brags (who, again, is a PF, like Bosh and seems like he'll never want to be a tough, inside player, which is teams like Houston and Chicago have) will improve when he can go to a team's that are already better then his own (record-wise) and still get everything he wants? It just doesn't make sense to me.

niko
05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
No,I want to go back.

How do we clearly know he doesnt want to stay? I know, I know, you're a Knick fan and I'm a Raptor fan, but I'm being completed unbiased. I see Chicago as a possibility, and they dont even have a coach right now. We will have to see how that vacancy is filled.

New York? That is just a flat out mess right now and we will have to see how that is sorted out.

I personally think this offseason will not come close to living up to the hype. I personally believe that all of these major players will stay where they are except for maybe Amare,Dirk and Joe Johnson.

Have you ever seen someone with a gf who also wants to see other people, makes a point to every person she meets that she is free, and asks people if they know any good guys? She doesn't want to stay. That's how Bosh is behaving. So we are all just being logical. "Despite EVERY indication being he wants out in the worst way, let's assume he may stay". That makes no sense.

and btw, you REALLY hate the thought that these guys are going to new teams, teams that are not the Cavs don't you? :cry:

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I somewhat agree with you, a lot of teams getting throw around have no chance at him (I'm looking at you, Knicks, Heat, and Thunder), but if he goes to Houston or Chicago he'll get exactly what he wants:

A. He'll be the "man"/number 1# option.

and

B. He'll still get the max (though not as long)

So why would he stay around hoping that Hedo (who doesn't fit with the team IMO, I honestly though any team signing Hedo for 9-10 mil would regret it.) and Brags will improve when he can go to a team's that are already better then his own (record-wise) and still get everything he wants? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Would he go to Houston hoping that Yao Ming can play center a whole season?

We dont even know who Chicago is going to get as coach after what happened with Del Negro.

beasted86
05-05-2010, 01:11 PM
****** ass threadstarter didn't even mention the rockets as a possible team to get bosh. this guy reminds me of somebody who works for espn.:no:
STFU hoe. Houston doesn't have cap space to sign Bosh. I'm not going to include sign & trade teams because that includes all other 29 teams you stupid homo.

Derka
05-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm in line with most of you....Chicago or Miami will come after him the hardest, and if Chicago can lure another mid-max contract competitor with Bosh, they'll have improved dramatically.

niko
05-05-2010, 01:17 PM
STFU hoe. Houston doesn't have cap space to sign Bosh. I'm not going to include sign & trade teams because that includes all other 29 teams you stupid homo.

Somehow the board has decided that
1) Pie in the sky WE ARE CAPPED OUT BUT WE WILL BEG YOU TO COME offers are going to be entertained this year, BUT only by Chris Bosh.
2) Chris Bosh will go to whatever team offers the Raptors the most compensation even though he is not a restricted FA.

EroticVanilla
05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Would he go to Houston hoping that Yao Ming can play center a whole season?

We dont even know who Chicago is going to get as coach after what happened with Del Negro.
Your reaching with the coach thing, They can go after: Byron Scott, a good PG coach, see Jason Kidd with the Nets, and Chris Paul with Hornets, who'll should be a good influence for Rose and Avery Johnson. Both of those coaches have also been to the finals.

I really believe if Chicago were to sign Bosh, that they could get any coach they want. Who wouldn't want to coach a team with that much talent?

And for Houston, I've read (including in this thread) that Yao got the same surgery that Illgauskus got (he used to have injury problems like Yao), and ever sense the surgery Illgauskus has been virtually injury-free. Obviously that doesn't mean he WILL be healthy, but it is a good sign.

Edit: I wasn't aware of Houston's cap problem that beasted86 brought up. I'll admit that makes it less likely he'll go there, but Chicago is border-line perfect situation for him. The only thing they're missing IMO is a offensive big, which is what Bosh offers.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Have you ever seen someone with a gf who also wants to see other people, makes a point to every person she meets that she is free, and asks people if they know any good guys? She doesn't want to stay. That's how Bosh is behaving. So we are all just being logical. "Despite EVERY indication being he wants out in the worst way, let's assume he may stay". That makes no sense.

I am being objective, you and your pitiful franchise and fanbase are salivating at every free agent even though you guys just blew off the last three or so seasons. I dont care if he leaves or not. The Raptors have sucked before,during and probably will after Chris, whenever he leaves. All I am saying is that if the real "reason" for him leaving is that he wants to win, why in the world would he head to:

A. New York.-They are just garbage. It doesnt even matter if you put Lebron and Bosh together(even though Bosh said he wants to be the #1 option) they are not going ANYWHERE. No bench, their draft pick is in UTAH for god sakes. Next.

B.Cleveland-I'm not even sure if this would work salary wise. Next.

C.Chicago-No coach. Noah+Bosh would be nice,I'll have to admit and they could probably get a high seed next year too. This is a possible destination.

D.Houston-Yao ming=Iffy. I understand why people think this is possibility, but I'm skeptical as to how this is going work financially,especially with Scola being a free agent himself. It's possible though, I will say that.

E.Miami-God no. This could end up being a Baron Davis-Elton Brand situation,same with Cleveland if Lebron chooses to leave. Also, we have seen this team right? God awful outside of D-wade.

and btw, you REALLY hate the thought that these guys are going to new teams, teams that are not the Cavs don't you? :cry:

What? I'm a Raptor fan. I like the Cavs since that I spent most of my life in Ohio(1996-2007) and have watched before Lebron was even a big name.

niko
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I am being objective, you and your pitiful franchise and fanbase are salivating at every free agent even though you guys just blew off the last three or so seasons. I dont care if he leaves or not. The Raptors have sucked before,during and probably will after Chris, whenever he leaves. All I am saying is that if the real "reason" for him leaving is that he wants to win, why in the world would he head to:

A. New York.-They are just garbage. It doesnt even matter if you put Lebron and Bosh together(even though Bosh said he wants to be the #1 option) they are not going ANYWHERE. No bench, their draft pick is in UTAH for god sakes. Next.

C.Chicago-No coach. Noah+Bosh would be nice,I'll have to admit and they could probably get a high seed next year too. This is a possible destination.

D.Houston-Yao ming=Iffy. I understand why people think this is possibility, but I'm skeptical as to how this is going work financially,especially with Scola being a free agent himself. It's possible though, I will say that.

E.Miami-God no. This could end up being a Baron Davis-Elton Brand situation,same with Cleveland if Lebron chooses to leave. Also, we have seen this team right? God awful outside of D-wade.

What? I'm a Raptor fan. I like the Cavs since that I spent most of my life in Ohio(1996-2007) and have watched before Lebron was even a big name.
somehow every other team is this unfixable mess but Toronto, which is also a mess and with it obvious that he doesnt want to be there, thats an ok situation. Are you really thinking this makes sense?

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Your reaching with the coach thing, They can go after: Byron Scott, a good PG coach, see Jason Kidd with the Nets, and Chris Paul with Hornets, who'll should be a good influence for Rose and Avery Johnson. Both of those coaches have also been to the finals.

I really believe if Chicago were to sign Bosh, that they could get any coach they want. Who wouldn't want to coach a team with that much talent?

And for Houston, I've read (including in this thread) that Yao got the same surgery that Illgauskus got (he used to have injury problems like Yao), and ever sense the surgery Illgauskus has been virtually injury-free. Obviously that doesn't mean he WILL be healthy, but it is a good sign.

Edit: I wasn't aware of Houston's cap problem that beasted86 brought up. I'll admit that makes it less likely he'll go there, but Chicago is border-line perfect situation for him. The only thing they're missing IMO is a offensive big, which is what Bosh offers.

The only thing about Chicago is the instability upstairs. With Paxson pushing around Del Negro and constantly being unprofessional, I dont think that Chicago is as great as you think it is. Yes, the talent is alluring, but the abrasive attitude Paxson has toward Negro should serve as a warning to future coaches.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:26 PM
somehow every other team is this unfixable mess but Toronto, which is also a mess and with it obvious that he doesnt want to be there, thats an ok situation. Are you really thinking this makes sense?
What are you talking about?

I said that Chicago and Houston were good places and possibilities for Bosh.

Just because I said the Knicks were a mess dont use up all the Kleenex's, save some for after you bust a nut to various photoshops of premiere free agents in Knick jerseys.

EroticVanilla
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
The only thing about Chicago is the instability upstairs. With Paxson pushing around Del Negro and constantly being unprofessional, I dont think that Chicago is as great as you think it is. Yes, the talent is alluring, but the abrasive attitude Paxson has toward Negro should serve as a warning to future coaches.
Hmm, that is a good point, and I'll admit that I didn't think about that aspect of it. If i was a good coach I'd still take a chance though. Maybe winning will keep Paxson from being a douche?

I agree with you on the Knicks, out of all the teams with major capspace they are easily the worst. Their 2 best players both play the same position as there number 1 target (LBJ) and even if they get Bosh (or another big) and LBJ they'll still have no bench and no starting PG and C.

niko
05-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Just because I said the Knicks were a mess dont use up all the Kleenex's, save some for after you bust a nut to various photoshops of premiere free agents in Knick jerseys.

id take you more seriously if you EVER repped your toronto team. i only remember you criticizing the Knicks/Heat (can enemies) and repping the Cavs.

and you brought up he might stay, not me. Raise your hands, does anyone, except Phoenix18 think Bosh is staying?

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
id take you more seriously if you EVER repped your toronto team. i only remember you criticizing the Knicks/Heat (can enemies) and repping the Cavs.

and you brought up he might stay, not me. Raise your hands, does anyone, except Phoenix18 think Bosh is staying?
:wtf: How am I supposed to do that exactly? I post in game threads, the team forum, I have said over and over, what else am I supposed to do?

I'll get a raptor tattoo. I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm a raptor fan.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmm, that is a good point, and I'll admit that I didn't think about that aspect of it. If i was a good coach I'd still take a chance though. Maybe winning will keep Paxson from being a douche?

I agree with you on the Knicks, out of all the teams with major capspace they are easily the worst. Their 2 best players both play the same position as there number 1 target (LBJ) and even if they get Bosh (or another big) and LBJ they'll still have no bench and no starting PG and C.

The Knicks are a joke.

Chicago? I still dont know, I dont think an established coach like Byron Scott is going to put up with the BS stunts they try to pull to be honest. We all like to believe that the Bulls' management has learned their lesson but they keep at it. They didnt respect Del Negro at all and I would have to think that will deter a few people from taking the job, especially Scott who can just cash ESPN checks for a couple more years and find another job easy.

hawkfan
05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens)

Toronto gets

Joe Johnson (sign and trade - max deal)
Marvin Williams (when his BYC tag comes off)

Atlanta gets

Chris Bosh (sign and trade - max deal)
Hedo Turkoglu

Toronto gets a scorer in JJ, and gets Marvin, who may fit in better in TO.

Atlanta gets Bosh to play power forward, while Josh Smith slides to the 3. Hedo comes off the bench as the sixth man. JC moves to the starting 2 spot, with Mo Evans sliding to the backup 2 spot.

EroticVanilla
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens)

Toronto gets

Marvin Williams (when his BYC tag comes off)

Atlanta gets

Chris Bosh (sign and trade - max deal)
Hedo Turkoglu

Toronto gets a scorer in JJ, and gets Marvin, who may fit in better in TO.

Atlanta gets Bosh to play power forward, while Josh Smith slides to the 3. Hedo comes off the bench as the sixth man. JC moves to the starting 2 spot, with Mo Evans sliding to the backup 2 spot.
Dude stop, you obviously just want to ruin 2 different franchises with your stupid trades. Why do you think that Josh Smith can play the three? There is no reason to think he can AT ALL.

And Toronto doesn't need Joe Johnson's overrated ass, he is NOT going to be worth a Max deal and any team signing him for that is going to seriously regret it.

GOBB
05-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Bosh just put Philadelphia in his location. Lock it up, championship! :banana:

niko
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Bosh just put Philadelphia in his location. Lock it up, championship! :banana:
i just realized you are from philly. we are mortal enemies. and i thought you were a nice guy. my bad.

:mad: i feel the need to taser you.

crisoner
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Houston or OKC.

GOBB
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
i just realized you are from philly. we are mortal enemies. and i thought you were a nice guy. my bad.

:mad: i feel the need to taser you.

:roll:

zORi
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Miami, S&T.

Miami has enough cap space to sign two MAX players, if they were to trade Beasley (which rumors are circulating that they will), they'll have enough to sign 3 MAX players.

fos
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
If he's smart he'll go to a team with a nice defensive center w/ a decent post game... Bucks would be ideal if they have the cap space.

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 03:43 PM

I think you and Bryan Colangelo might be the only two then.

Unless Bosh gets a promise from Colangelo to shake things up and actually use assets (Lottery pick, Banks/Evans expiring deals, Bargnani, maybe Derozan) to bring in more talent a more balanced lineup, there is no reason for him to stay. Sure Colangelo could pull a rabbit out of his ass and do something but how plausible is it?

Colangelo has bungled this roster beyond belief in the past 2-3 years. It's a really ugly situation both short-term and long-term. Anytime you have $30 million committed to a mediocre trio like Turkoglu/Bargnani/Calderon for the next 4-5 years you have a major problem. Three guys who do some good things on offense but are complete zeros on defense which causes them to be little better than average if even that.

That would be the cherry on the top of the shitstorm sundae that is the Toronto Raptors. I think I'd have to renounce my Raptors fan status until Colangelo was fired if that ever happened. Goddamn...

Fallguy20
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
If he's smart he'll go to a team with a nice defensive center w/ a decent post game... Bucks would be ideal if they have the cap space.

When has an NBA player do something smart like that and didnt include lots of money?

The Italian
05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Sure Colangelo could pull a rabbit out of his ass and do something but how plausible is it?

And even if he did make a big move this summer, he doesn't exactly have a very appealing track record when it comes to making big moves during his Raptors tenure. Basically every single "big" move that he has made has winded up backfiring completely.

Drafted Bargnani 1st overall.
Trade for Jermaine O'Neal.
Trade for Marion (having to take back Banks contract as well as give up a 1st).
Turkoglu signing.

Then there are also situations like the Calderon contract and what not.

Even if Colangelo did pull a rabbit out of his ass, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that move completely backfired and set the franchise back even more, like all of his other big moves have.

Knicks101
05-05-2010, 04:02 PM

:roll: I'll save my Kleenex for you buddy, because you sound a little upset. :cry:

beasted86
05-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Somehow the board has decided that
1) Pie in the sky WE ARE CAPPED OUT BUT WE WILL BEG YOU TO COME offers are going to be entertained this year, BUT only by Chris Bosh.
2) Chris Bosh will go to whatever team offers the Raptors the most compensation even though he is not a restricted FA.
Truth.

Oddly as Heat fans we seem to be the only ones not even thinking about entertaining sign & trades with any team at all. Rather let Wade walk, and don't help another team steal him away. Just rebuild though the draft or use our enormous cap space to sign who we really want.

But the other fans... "youre not getting Bosh w/o a S&T" or "youre not getting Amare w/o a S&T" or "I want to S&T with X team because they have players I want".... hello, dumbass... "unrestricted free agent". You'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick.

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Yep. Some of that stuff is 20/20 as well.

I didn't mind the Jermaine O'Neal deal too much initially but thought the Raptors may have given up too many assets. I wondered if there were better deals out there.

I loved the Villanueva for Ford trade. That was one big move Colangelo that I liked 100%. It paid off immediately as Ford had a great 1st year with the Raptors. I still say that TJ Ford was the best player Bosh has played with as the #1 guy in Toronto. That's kinda sad. Then Al Horford happened...

But pretty much everyone knew the Hedo signing was gonna be a disaster. I can't think of one rational person that thought it was a good choice. Short-sighted and awful for the long-run.

The other thing that Houston has in their favour is that Bosh is going to be their #1 choice right off the bat. They're likely gonna go after him immediately. New York would have to sign one of the other guys for Bosh to go there, Miami needs to keep Wade and they're also looking at Amare or Boozer. Chicago probably would like to get Wade. Obviously this is all going off rumours but that's all we have. And according to those, Bosh is Houston's clear #1 choice. He doesn't have to wait and see what happens with other players first. If a sign-and-trade can be worked out then he goes to an immediate contender if healthy. Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Bosh, Yao. And even if you can count on Yao, it's still a very good team as Adelman has proved.

Pharcyde
05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Bosh is going to want the full max to whatever team he wants to go to, this puts that team in control trade wise. All you would have to do then is give up the TPE and some draft picks.

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
All you would have to do then is give up the TPE and some draft picks.
If you have cap space. If he chooses a team like Houston or LA that is capped out, then that return can't happen.

Pharcyde
05-05-2010, 04:15 PM
If you have cap space. If he chooses a team like Houston or LA that is capped out, then that return can't happen.
I know. I was speaking about teams with enough cap.

phoenix18
05-05-2010, 04:17 PM
:roll: I'll save my Kleenex for you buddy, because you sound a little upset. :cry:
I'm so upset. Remember when you thought I was going to kill myself? Its right up there. I dont know how I will live without Bosh.

beasted86
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
That's what everyone fails to understand.

Bosh's max is $16.5M so the salaries have to match within 125%.

Let's say Colangelo doesn't want to pay Scola $9M, and Ariza $6M just to help Houston steal away their best player? Maybe he doesn't think those guys are anywhere close to worth that contract... :confusedshrug:

Maybe he's not a fan of any of their players and just wants to hoard draft picks. Maybe he wants any team to take Hedo like has been speculated. Instead of seeing Bosh as an unrestricted free agent who is in the driver's seat and in control of his own money & destiny, now you are giving away alot of that power back to Colangelo because he has to agree with what he's getting back.

ShaqAttack3234
05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Hey Chris, come to New York!

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I can't see any team taking Turkoglu. Colangelo can ask but no one will do it. I think we can forget about it.

Teams will have to find a middle-ground when it comes to sign and trades. That's why I think something like Jeffries, Battier, Jordan Hill, one of those Knicks 1st rounders can work. Ideally the Raptors would want more in return for a star player but I don't think they'll find a better offer. Houston also doesn't gut their core whatsoever. Maybe the Raptors even buyout Battier and he goes back, who knows. It's not like he's needed in Toronto. He's only in the deal because he is a larger expiring contract.

LA_Showtime
05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosh in LA, simply because he's sort of an attention whore. :oldlol:

zORi
05-05-2010, 05:34 PM

Dwyane Wade led that team to the 4th seed, pretty much by himself. Which is better than all of those teams you listed (other than Cleveland, which won't happen).
Add 2 or 3 MAX players and you have a (possible) contender.

niko
05-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Truth.

Oddly as Heat fans we seem to be the only ones not even thinking about entertaining sign & trades with any team at all. Rather let Wade walk, and don't help another team steal him away. Just rebuild though the draft or use our enormous cap space to sign who we really want.

But the other fans... "youre not getting Bosh w/o a S&T" or "youre not getting Amare w/o a S&T" or "I want to S&T with X team because they have players I want".... hello, dumbass... "unrestricted free agent". You'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick.

i've heard cleveland on principle will NOT do a S&T no matter what. just a rumor...

kurple
05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I can't see any team taking Turkoglu. Colangelo can ask but no one will do it. I think we can forget about it.

Teams will have to find a middle-ground when it comes to sign and trades. That's why I think something like Jeffries, Battier, Jordan Hill, one of those Knicks 1st rounders can work. Ideally the Raptors would want more in return for a star player but I don't think they'll find a better offer. Houston also doesn't gut their core whatsoever. Maybe the Raptors even buyout Battier and he goes back, who knows. It's not like he's needed in Toronto. He's only in the deal because he is a larger expiring contract.

How about Nene and Smith + a future 1st?

Nene's post scoring and strength on the defensive end would fit great next to Bargs, and JR would give some much needed scoring of the bench.

And neither have bad contracts.

Lets throw in Kleiza's rights as well (he is playing MVP ball in Europe)

niko
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Yep. Some of that stuff is 20/20 as well.

I didn't mind the Jermaine O'Neal deal too much initially but thought the Raptors may have given up too many assets. I wondered if there were better deals out there.

I loved the Villanueva for Ford trade. That was one big move Colangelo that I liked 100%. It paid off immediately as Ford had a great 1st year with the Raptors. I still say that TJ Ford was the best player Bosh has played with as the #1 guy in Toronto. That's kinda sad. Then Al Horford happened...

But pretty much everyone knew the Hedo signing was gonna be a disaster. I can't think of one rational person that thought it was a good choice. Short-sighted and awful for the long-run.

The other thing that Houston has in their favour is that Bosh is going to be their #1 choice right off the bat. They're likely gonna go after him immediately. New York would have to sign one of the other guys for Bosh to go there, Miami needs to keep Wade and they're also looking at Amare or Boozer. Chicago probably would like to get Wade. Obviously this is all going off rumours but that's all we have. And according to those, Bosh is Houston's clear #1 choice. He doesn't have to wait and see what happens with other players first. If a sign-and-trade can be worked out then he goes to an immediate contender if healthy. Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Bosh, Yao. And even if you can count on Yao, it's still a very good team as Adelman has proved.

Bosh has said HE DOES NOT WANT TO GO BACK HOME TO TEXAS. He dose not like it there. Houston is in Texas. This BOSH TO HOUSTON is started by one of the ESPN guys who thinks its a good idea. Its no more credible than the Lebron to LA Clippers that Simmons started, its a wish and a thought somethign would work, not a situation that seems likely.

hassano
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
How about Nene and Smith + a future 1st?

Nene's post scoring and strength on the defensive end would fit great next to Bargs, and JR would give some much needed scoring of the bench.

And neither have bad contracts.

Lets throw in Kleiza's rights as well (he is playing MVP ball in Europe)

give us aaron affalo and ty lawson and a first instead of smith, with nene and deal...

if salaries even match

boozehound
05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Bosh has said HE DOES NOT WANT TO GO BACK HOME TO TEXAS. He dose not like it there. Houston is in Texas. This BOSH TO HOUSTON is started by one of the ESPN guys who thinks its a good idea. Its no more credible than the Lebron to LA Clippers that Simmons started, its a wish and a thought somethign would work, not a situation that seems likely.
can you find me a source where he is quoted as saying this? I have seen him say that he doesnt want to play in dallas (by which he really meant that he isnt dying to play/ have to play in his hometown), but never the "no to texass" quote.

kurple
05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
give us aaron affalo and ty lawson and a first instead of smith, with nene and deal...

if salaries even match

You would rather get Jeffries, Battier and Jordan Hill instead of Nene, JR and Kleizas rights?..

Bosh is going anyways, so it comes down to the best offer. And the Nuggets won't offer Ty and/or AA

zORi
05-05-2010, 07:17 PM
You would rather get Jeffries, Battier and Jordan Hill instead of Nene, JR and Kleizas rights?..

Bosh is going anyways, so it comes down to the best offer. And the Nuggets won't offer Ty and/or AA

Actually it won't come to that because Chris is an unrestricted FA.

He can go wherever he wants.

Qwyjibo
05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Plus one of those Knicks 1st rounders? Yes.

The only thing Nene and JR will do for the Raptors is ruin their position in the lottery. If you are already a borderline playoff team and you replace Chris Bosh with Nene and JR Smith, it's not going to push you into the playoffs. A team with Nene as their best player is not going far.

I'll take the expiring contracts, a young and cheap player like Hill who could become a serviceable rotation player and a potential lottery pick from the Knicks. This kind of a trade is better for a rebuilding team and that's exactly what the Raptors should be if they lose Bosh.

The Italian
05-05-2010, 09:01 PM

For the third time in this thread, how about you post a link that shows Bosh saying he doesn't want to play in Texas?

Bosh said that playing in Dallas, his hometown, isn't exactly appealing to him, but as far as I know he has never said anything about not wanting to play in another Texas city like Houston or San Antonio.

So how about you post a link to this Bosh doesn't want to play in Texas inside information that only you know about?

If you post a link proving me wrong, I will completely shut up and admit that you are right, but from everything that I have heard and read, Bosh only mentioned Dallas as a destination that he doesn't want to go to, not all of Texas.

magic chiongson
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
hes at the laker game right now watching his new team.

bosh for powell, morrisson, walton and farmar.

triplet towers!

add sasha into that. do it mitch

kobesabi
05-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Lakers so he can cast in the next Predator movie.