PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is gonna guard Steve Nash..

unbreakable
05-09-2010, 11:50 PM
and cement himself as one of the greatest all around players of all time. First he puts the clamps on one of the most dynamic PGs in the game (westbrook), and now he will attack one of the greatest offensive players the game has ever seen.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/05/06/defensive.team/kobe-defense.jpg

Rekindled
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
whos fisher guarding then

imnew09
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
nah.
He might but just for a while, not the entire game though.

phoenix18
05-09-2010, 11:53 PM
He should have guarded him about four years ago...

Then the Lakers would have had a seven game series with the Clippers.:mad:

I wanted to see that so bad.:(

I just dont know if the Clips will ever make the Playoffs again.:(

HorryIsMyMVP
05-09-2010, 11:55 PM
:lol If Kobe did guard Nash, Nash would score 45.

Dresta
05-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Nah, he's just gonna get lit up by J-Rich.

D-Rose
05-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Nah, he's just gonna get lit up by J-Rich.
Kidding right?

If that's the matchup, J-Rich won't do too much on offense. He is out of his offensive element when he guards a superstar-esque player.

artificial
05-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Is that your irrational wet dream, or are you honestly hoping J-Rich averages 35 on Fisher?

NotAStraitHater
Pick-and-roll until they screw up their switches?

And then Nash would roast whoever happens to his favorite Laker plaything.

Rekindled
Kidding right?

If that's the matchup, J-Rich won't do too much on offense. He is out of his offensive element when he guards a superstar-esque player.

hill gonna be on kobe

HorryIsMyMVP
05-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Channing Frye is going to let it rain.

LA_Showtime
05-10-2010, 12:06 AM
I hope the Lakers don't take my attitude going into the Suns series. I don't see the Suns giving the Lakers any problems whatsoever. They might win a game or two, but if they advance it's because Kobe or Gasol got injured.
:oldlol:

Just2Clutch
05-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Ok and who ever fisher guards will be the one getting 30+ . :oldlol:

Disaprine
05-10-2010, 12:12 AM
a lot of funny responses :oldlol: gonna bookmark this thread.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Kidding right?

Yep.. This guy crawls into a cave when he has to guard a great offensive player...

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:21 AM
I hope the Lakers don't take my attitude going into the Suns series. I don't see the Suns giving the Lakers any problems whatsoever. They might win a game or two, but if they advance it's because Kobe or Gasol got injured.

The Lakers could beat the Suns without one of those two players.. Whether it was Kobe or Gasol... The Suns are just no match for what is PROBABLY THE BEST starting lineup the league has seen since the 80's... Size and skill is really hard to beat...

StacksOnDeck
05-10-2010, 12:24 AM
The Lakers could beat the Suns without one of those two players.. Whether it was Kobe or Gasol... The Suns are just no match for what is PROBABLY THE BEST starting lineup the league has seen since the 80's... Size and skill is really hard to beat...

Any team that has Fisher starting is not the best starting 5 since the 80's. I see what you're trying to do. You're overrating LA cause if they win you can say that they were the most talented lineup since the 80's and if they lose you can just blame Kobe for losing with the most talented lineup since the 80's. All you Kobe/Laker haters do the same thing. Loki, you and many more.

lakerspng
05-10-2010, 12:26 AM
The Lakers are simply stacked 1-6, which in the playoffs is more important than being solid 1-12.

I don't foresee the need to put Kobe on Nash, Fisher usually does a passable enough job on him and why risk Kobe chasing Nash around all game long. In the 4th quarter of a close game, maybe... for 48 minutes... no need.

ImmortalD24
05-10-2010, 12:27 AM
and cement himself as one of the greatest all around players of all time. First he puts the clamps on one of the most dynamic PGs in the game (westbrook), and now he will attack one of the greatest offensive players the game has ever seen.

http://www.borispoker.com/images/smilies/cool_story_bro_super.gif

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 12:30 AM

Maybe they could beat the Suns easily without Kobe. I disagree that they could beat the Suns easily without Gasol. The fact that there are 2 7-foot dudes around the basket is going to be the biggest advantage the Lakers have.
This is you just MAJORLY overrating the rest of the Lakers.
THEIR SIZE is the reason they're a special team. Not so much their skill. Not taking away from the fact that Kobe and Gasol are good players, but Bynum still goes a game without scoring, lots of their players are young, lots of their players are old...they're talented, yes, but size is definitely going to be the biggest factor in that series.

CeoTypeDoe619
Any team that has Fisher starting is not the best starting 5 since the 80's. I see what you're trying to do. You're overrating LA cause if they win you can say that they were the most talented lineup since the 80's and if they lose you can just blame Kobe for losing with the most talented lineup since the 80's. All you Kobe/Laker haters do the same thing. Loki, you and many more.
So True. Best starting line-up since the 80's? haha Kobe hater/trolls are hilarious with they hidden agendas

miller-time
Ok and who ever fisher guards will be the one getting 30+ . :oldlol:

exactly: kobe on nash, nash passes to richardson, richardson is "guarded" by fisher, richardson scores!

people who watch highlights only shouldn't be allowed to make threads.

lakerspng
05-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Kobe is still the best player on the floor in that series and if he has a week of rest going into it, he is going to shred the Suns defense.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:35 AM

The only problem is the LAKERS do have the best starting five since the 80's... Start a thread on it and I bet I am correct... GO AHEAD START ONE... Most Laker fans had this team winning 70 plus.. The Lakers were hit with injuries and that hurt the way they finished the season... TELL me one team that can win without their best and third best player in the WEST... Not one team...

As for you hating on FISHER ... YOU ARE WRONG.. This guy always plays great in the playoffs.. I got into a argument with your dumb arse, brainless, and the other STANS.. I was clearly CORRECT ON FISH...

Stats I am almost sure you have at least 2 other accounts..

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:36 AM
http://up6.podbean.com/image-logos/19412_logo.jpg

TWO IDIOTS THAT HAVE spoken bad about Fish are now EATING ISH... Probably the same idiot.. :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Kobe is still the best player on the floor in that series and if he has a week of rest going into it, he is going to shred the Suns defense.

Kobe is back .. He is back to where he was in the beginning of the year.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:38 AM
So True. Best starting line-up since the 80's? haha Kobe hater/trolls are hilarious with they hidden agendas

I knew it... CEO, STATS, ZIZZO are always on the same thread... I guess idiots stick together... :oldlol: :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Maybe they could beat the Suns easily without Kobe. I disagree that they could beat the Suns easily without Gasol. The fact that there are 2 7-foot dudes around the basket is going to be the biggest advantage the Lakers have.
This is you just MAJORLY overrating the rest of the Lakers.
THEIR SIZE is the reason they're a special team. Not so much their skill. Not taking away from the fact that Kobe and Gasol are good players, but Bynum still goes a game without scoring, lots of their players are young, lots of their players are old...they're talented, yes, but size is definitely going to be the biggest factor in that series.

Bynum actually plays great vs the Suns... His size is just too much for the SUNS...

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:41 AM
The Lakers are simply stacked 1-6, which in the playoffs is more important than being solid 1-12.

I don't foresee the need to put Kobe on Nash, Fisher usually does a passable enough job on him and why risk Kobe chasing Nash around all game long. In the 4th quarter of a close game, maybe... for 48 minutes... no need.

Dude you need to school STATS, CEOFLUKE, BRAINLESS, AND ZIZZOAIN...

StacksOnDeck
TWO IDIOTS THAT HAVE spoken bad about Fish are now EATING ISH... Probably the same idiot.. :oldlol:

What has Fish done to warrant praise? He had the lowest PER out of any starter in the league. Do you not realize that? He hits clutch shots and I'm supposed to forget his horrendous D? Fisher went from terrible(regular season) to mediocre(playoffs). Fish wouldn't even have to hit those clutch shots if he wasn't beyond horrible on defense. So what have you been right about? Your act is getting old. Keep trying your best to get up there on Knoe/Loki level.

CeoTypeDoe619
I knew it... CEO, STATS, ZIZZO are always on the same thread... I guess idiots stick together... :oldlol: :oldlol:
Yeah but you talk out you as 95% of the time. Can you back up that claim? They don't even have the best starting line-up this year. Orlando Starting line-up is better. But We know you statman. Hype up the Laker and Downplay the Cavaliers

I wonder what your agenda is? :confusedshrug: :rolleyes:

StacksOnDeck
05-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Dude you need to school STATS, CEOFLUKE, BRAINLESS, AND ZIZZOAIN...

Who the f*ck is stats? You type like a 5 year old btw. God forbid LA wins again, you're gonna end up in a coma after you fall off the roof of a 10 story appartment.

branslowski
05-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Fish should just gaurd Nash...

Kobe should gaurd J-Rich...

Anyway, no one can stop Kobe..

NotYetGreat
The only problem is the LAKERS do have the best starting five since the 80's... Start a thread on it and I bet I am correct... GO AHEAD START ONE... Most Laker fans had this team winning 70 plus.. The Lakers were hit with injuries and that hurt the way they finished the season... TELL me one team that can win without their best and third best player in the WEST... Not one team...

As for you hating on FISHER ... YOU ARE WRONG.. This guy always plays great in the playoffs.. I got into a argument with your dumb arse, brainless, and the other STANS.. I was clearly CORRECT ON FISH...

So you're saying Gasol's their 3rd best player? Who's number 2? Odom? Morrison?

NBASTATMAN
Yeah but you talk out you as 95% of the time. Can you back up that claim? They don't even have the best starting line-up this year. Orlando Starting line-up is better. But We know you statman. Hype up the Laker and Downplay the Cavaliers

I wonder what your agenda is? :confusedshrug: :rolleyes:

Orlando doesn't have the best starting lineup but does have the best overall team.. BUt your idiot stan friends have written against that... The Cavs are a deep team with good talent but no true number two.. No defensive stopper and no clutch time sidekick like Fisher... Shaq has proven to be a bust so far.. The Suns have shown he was their weak link... The LAKERS WITHOUT KOBE AND BYNUM PLAYED GREAT... WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT IDIOT.?

WOW YOU GUYS ARE STUPID..

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:45 AM
So you're saying Gasol's their 3rd best player? Who's number 2? Odom? Morrison?

I was referring to the end of the season when they missed both Kobe and Bynum...

Kobe4life
05-10-2010, 12:46 AM
lakers suck so bad they need a SG to guard a PG.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:46 AM
BRAINLESS ,STACKS ON DECK , CEO , ZIZZO are all on the same thread.. WONDER WHY... Gotta go coolio.. Goodnight to all...

branslowski
05-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Who the f*ck is stats? You type like a 5 year old btw. God forbid LA wins again, you're gonna end up in a coma after you fall off the roof of a 10 story appartment.

No he wont....His whole game is to diminish Kobe....So, if Lakers win...He will basically turn Fisher into Magic, Bynum into Kareem, and Artest into Bird or some sh!t...Just to take away the FACT that Kobe was important/Best Player...(something High IQ fans know already.)

The only reason he comments in Laker gm threads....I guess Trolling is cute.

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Bynum actually plays great vs the Suns... His size is just too much for the SUNS...

Yeah, he does, because he's huge. But you have to admit, he's not as reliable as Pau is. As a Suns fan, I wouldn't be as concerned if Pau was out, I think we'd have a chance at doing something against Bynum. Trying different things, crowding, hacking, anything.
The fact that Pau is there creates a bigger problem though, considering we can't crowd both at the same time, we can't hack both of them.
It helps the Lakers a lot that Pau is there, IMO. Sometimes even more so than Kobe being there.

StacksOnDeck
05-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Orlando doesn't have the best starting lineup but does have the best overall team.. BUt your idiot stan friends have written against that... The Cavs are a deep team with good talent but no true number two.. No defensive stopper and no clutch time sidekick like Fisher... Shaq has proven to be a bust so far.. The Suns have shown he was their weak link... The LAKERS WITHOUT KOBE AND BYNUM PLAYED GREAT... WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT IDIOT.?

WOW YOU GUYS ARE STUPID..

Like a 5 year old you refuse to respond when getting called out. What have you been right about on Fisher? Damn if you want to get on Knoe's and Loki's level you might have to perfect your writing.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:49 AM

LOL.. Its gonna hurt more than that.. My place is over 20 stories.. :lol

branslowski
Stats is no older than 12.

A troll who calls other's a troll to hide his b!tch like trollness.

StacksOnDeck
BRAINLESS ,STACKS ON DECK , CEO , ZIZZO are all on the same thread.. WONDER WHY... Gotta go coolio.. Goodnight to all...

Haha. The little kid passed his bedtime and heard his momma's footsteps. See you tommorow in the LA gamethread kiddo.

branslowski
05-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Haha. The little kid passed his bedtime and heard his momma's footsteps. See you tommorow in the LA gamethread kiddo.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Like a 5 year old you refuse to respond when getting called out.

What have you been right about on Fisher?

Damn if you want to get on Knoe's and Loki's level you might have to perfect your writing.

You are writing about my writing.. LOL..

You should use "may" not might..

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 12:53 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Brainless no matter what you are a idiot.. Even other Laker fans write ish about YOU... That has to be the worse... Even Laker fans crap on you.. :roll:

StacksOnDeck
05-10-2010, 12:54 AM
You are writing about my writing.. LOL..

So mom dukes didn't catch you on your laptop? You gotta be careful next time. Don't you have school tommorow? :confusedshrug:

zizozain
05-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Stats is no older than 12.

A troll who calls other's a troll to hide his b!tch like trollness.
i disagree
he/she an adult with a psychiatric disorder

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 12:57 AM
The bigger question is who is Steve Nash going to guard :lol:

branslowski
05-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Brainless no matter what you are a idiot.. Even other Laker fans write ish about YOU... That has to be the worse... Even Laker fans crap on you.. :roll:

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/MetroidBob/super-cool-story-bro.png

NotAStraitHater
The bigger question is who is Steve Nash going to guard :lol:

-.-'
Not funny.

Let's discuss that actually, if you were for the Suns winning, who would you have Nash guarding?

NBASTATMAN
i disagree

What team do you root for Zizzo? I wanted the Nuggets to win but now am going for Orlando since that is the team that has the best chance of beating the LAKERS...

branslowski
05-10-2010, 01:02 AM
i disagree

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

F*cking ownage going on....

Go Getter
How is that the bigger question? -.-'
Not funny.

Let's discuss that actually, if you were for the Suns winning, who would you have Nash guarding?

Dude get Nash's jock out your mouth it was a joke--seriously man...calm down.

It's like no one can even say anything in jest about Steve Nash without hoards of posters running to his aid.

He's gonna guard Fisher...who else?

*rhetorical question*

NBASTATMAN
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/MetroidBob/super-cool-story-bro.png

Hey stop stealing other people's material...Idiot.. BRAN is the black sheep among LAKER FANS.. :oldlol:

HorryIsMyMVP
05-10-2010, 01:03 AM
-.-'
Not funny.

Hmm, lol. I dunno. Derek Fisher, I guess.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:04 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

F*cking ownage going on....

Wow this is an alltime low..Even for you brainless.. I am ishing on four of you idiots at the same time... I am Legendary..

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Dude get Nash's jock out your mouth it was a joke--seriously man...calm down.

It's like no one can even say anything in jest about Steve Nash without hoards of posters running to his aid.

Well jeeze.
I'm not running to his aid. I'm actually one of the first to say he sucks at defending. It was an honest question.

I can't say I like Fisher. He, like every other player in the NBA is capable of giving Nash fits. On the 3-point line. :banghead:

branslowski
05-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Hey stop stealing other people's material...Idiot.. BRAN is the black sheep among LAKER FANS.. :oldlol:

:oldlol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That was so, not funny...:ohwell:

Nothing like lol's at your own fraud jokes...

Black sheep among Laker fans>>>Black sheep on the short bus

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Don't back pedal now man.

It's so obvious to anyone that watches basketball that Nash will guard Fisher so idk why you would even ask that.

It's cool man...I'm just tired of ppl putting certain players on pedestals like they are above and beyond criticism.

branslowski
05-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow this is an alltime low..Even for you brainless.. I am ishing on four of you idiots at the same time... I am Legendary..

Are you f*cking serious?.....

branslowski
05-10-2010, 01:09 AM
nbastat has got to be the dumbest piece of sh!t poster around...

Im out...

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Don't back pedal now man.

It's so obvious to anyone that watches basketball that Nash will guard Fisher so idk why you would even ask that.

It's cool man...I'm just tired of ppl putting certain players on pedestals like they are above and beyond criticism.

There isn't a player that is above and beyond criticism. And like I said, I'll be the first to admit that Nash is good at LOTS of things...but he couldn't defend my 2 year old brother. His defense consists of trying to take charges...I say trying because half the time, he doesn't get the call he's looking for.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:10 AM
same stupid startegy .. trying to make Laker fans arguing with other Laker fans .. fail everytime
laker fans respect eachother but all crap on you

Someone wrote about my writing ... HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:12 AM

Im out...

SECOND OR THIRD TIME I will be using this line...

U :mad:

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Im out...

Better go COOLIO cuz I shitted on YOU... :roll:

NOW I CAN GO.. I had to do it... :bowdown: TO NBASTATMAN......

Ancient Legend
05-10-2010, 01:15 AM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2010/05/09/nash-inside_20100509235332_0_0.JPG

:bowdown:

StacksOnDeck
05-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Damn I actually thought it was some immature teenager before but now I'm certain that it's some midddle school kid.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Damn I actually thought it was some immature teenager before but now I'm certain that it's some midddle school kid.

Took you alot of time to come up with that ^^^^^^^^^^crap you just wrote...

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2010/05/09/nash-inside_20100509235332_0_0.JPG

:bowdown:

http://i43.tinypic.com/153mu85.gif

I was trying to close MY eyes a little so he'd close his...

http://i44.tinypic.com/5fncjr.gif

LOL. GOD I LOVE THE PLAYOFFS

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:26 AM

It would be great to see him win a title.. His road will be really tough this year... Good luck to the SUns and their fans..

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Nash could never be a boxer yo they'd stop every fight because he couldn't see through all the blood.:roll:

OldSchoolBBall
05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Missed the game. What happened to Nash's eye exactly, and is he going to be okay? That video looks freaky.

NBASTATMAN
05-10-2010, 01:29 AM
who wrote about your ''writing'' ?? !!
and before that u acused me of talking sh!t about Fisher.

and u r totaly wrong and u you can't prove anything
and i think you lied on purpose
u chose to answer .. like a man or like an adult with a psychiatric disorder

Someone wrote about MY WRITING... HOLY CRAP.... Good Gosh.. :lol

Hey Zizzo don't get mad.. I ISH on all you idiots...

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Missed the game. What happened to Nash's eye exactly, and is he going to be okay? That video looks freaky.

Timmy's elbow to his right eyebrow. Six stitches. He'll be fine. He's an F'n gangster. :pimp: As a recent thread states.

OldSchoolBBall
05-10-2010, 01:33 AM
nothing's new lakers getting lucky as usual

True. I wouldn't be surprised if Nash's vision is not 100% for the series and/or some Laker player reopens the wound. :D

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 01:46 AM
I just want to say one thing.

Everyone plays hurt. Who gets a cut on their eye and a black eye and quits even on the playground in your town?

He gets props for playing well after the elbow but c'mon guys this is getting ridiculous.

RazorBaLade
05-10-2010, 01:49 AM

What are you smoking and who is your dealer?

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 01:54 AM

Everyone plays hurt. Who gets a cut on their eye and a black eye and quits even on the playground in your town?

He gets props for playing well after the elbow but c'mon guys this is getting ridiculous.

STEVE NASH IS THE GOEPGOAT
Greatest One Eyed Point Guard of AALLLLL Time. :applause:

^Next new thread.

LA KB24
05-10-2010, 01:54 AM
So let's see. Nash gets elbowed in the eye, gets stitches, comes back into the game, eye is swollen shut and he still leads his team to sweep the spurs.

Then you turn on ESPN and all you fckn hear is about LeBron's elbow.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 02:03 AM
So let's see. Nash gets elbowed in the eye, gets stitches, comes back into the game, eye is swollen shut and he still leads his team to sweep the spurs.

Then you turn on ESPN and all you fckn hear is about LeBron's elbow.

Yeah that's a shame though.

I always hated when players come out with phantom injuries that aren't defined.

TP says his shoulder hurt but I SAW him fall on it and land very hard. Everyone SAW Nash get elbowed in the face.

But Lebron's injury? He didn't even saY how or when it happened it just appeared out of thin air.

I really think it happened during the Bulls series when Rose drove right and hit a floater over Lebron and practically bowed him over.:lol

NotAStraitHater
05-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah that's a shame though.

I always hated when players come out with phantom injuries that aren't defined.

TP says his shoulder hurt but I SAW him fall on it and land very hard. Everyone SAW Nash get elbowed in the face.

But Lebron's injury? He didn't even saw how or when it happened it just appeared out of thin air.

I really think it happened during the Bulls series when Rose drove left and hit a floater over Lebron and practically bowed him over.:lol

It's ambiguous, too. Sportscenter was talking about how he said it didn't really hurt, it felt like a numbness...like his funny bone was just freaking out or something. And no one could find anything wrong with it. Hm. It's just weird.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-10-2010, 03:38 AM

Derrick Rose would have probably been out for the play offs if that happened to him :roll: . Good player but such a little girl. Paul Pierce would have requested a wheel chair.

JtotheIzzo
05-10-2010, 03:40 AM

you make it hard to like you

amfirst
05-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Fisher can do just fine on Nash, he's always been successful. Nash doesn't have the speed to own Fisher.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Derrick Rose would have probably been out for the play offs if that happened to him :roll: . Good player but such a little girl. Paul Pierce would have requested a wheel chair.

Nice flame attempt.

But:no:

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Fisher can do just fine on Nash, he's always been successful. Nash doesn't have the speed to own Fisher.

I beg to differ.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Nice flame attempt.

But:no:
How is that a flame attempt? I legitimately think if that happened to Rose he would cry and not return to the series.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 04:42 AM
How is that a flame attempt? I legitimately think if that happened to Rose he would cry and not return to the series.

Okay cool. You're entitled to that opinion.

KenneBell
05-10-2010, 04:45 AM
I beg to differ.
Let's just say that Fisher is disciplined on D enough to make him work. He's doing a pretty decent job on Deron so far.

alenleomessi
05-10-2010, 04:49 AM

They will next year with Griffin beasting :rockon:

YAWN
05-10-2010, 04:53 AM
nash is pretty bad ass, but ill be rooting for a lakers sweep. i don't think kobe will be on Nash. Fisher/Farmar/Brown it'll be.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Let's just say that Fisher is disciplined on D enough to make him work. He's doing a pretty decent job on Deron so far.

I can agree with that.

I'd like to add that Fisher knows Deron's game better than most of the NBA and has all their plays memorized to which helps a bit too I'd wager.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-10-2010, 05:03 AM

There are only one or two snails in the world that don't have the speed to beat Fisher.

wally_world
05-10-2010, 10:38 AM
whos fisher guarding then

Amare duh, Bynum will be in foul trouble and Gasol is too soft

The_Yearning
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Okay, first off, Nash is a white dude. Everybody's confidence rises when they go up against Nash, defensively and offensively. I would not be surprised if Farmar will do some damage on Nash.

Only way for Suns to win this if Dragic goes hard this series.

JtotheIzzo
05-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Phil tell you this?

JtotheIzzo
05-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Okay, first off, Nash is a white dude. Everybody's confidence rises when they go up against Nash, defensively and offensively. I would not be surprised if Farmar will do some damage on Nash.

Only way for Suns to win this if Dragic goes hard this series.

aside from the obvious danger I put myself in, replying to failage, Dragic is also white, so won't he get the other players amped as well?

and while we are at it, is Farmar even black?

crisoner
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow seven pages and the Lakers haven't closed out Utah yet?

:confusedshrug:

LAClipsFan33
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow seven pages and the Lakers haven't closed out Utah yet?

:confusedshrug:

Utah NEVER had a CHANCE to begin with

VishaltotheG
05-10-2010, 12:56 PM

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8535/vegetafinished.jpg

VishaltotheG
05-10-2010, 12:59 PM
And the Lakers don't have the best starting lineup since the 80s. The Celtics had a better one in 08

2008 Celtics and 2010 Lakers:

Rondo >> Fisher
Ray < Kobe
Pierce >>> Artest
KG = Gasol
Perkins > Bynum

tastystaci
05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
And the Lakers don't have the best starting lineup since the 80s. The Celtics had a better one in 08

2008 Celtics and 2010 Lakers:

Rondo >> Fisher
Ray < Kobe
Pierce >>> Artest
KG = Gasol
Perkins > Bynum

lol @ Perkins>Bynum :roll:

Do u watch basketball???

phoenix18
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
lol @ Perkins>Bynum :roll:

Do u watch basketball???

Bro...

Perkins is better than Bynum.

What are you talking about?

Andrei89
05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Bro...

LoL bynum > perkins anytime

dutchguy
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Rondo >> Fisher
Ray < Kobe
Pierce >>> Artest
KG = Gasol
Perkins > Bynum
Huh?
So Gasol will be MVP once Kobe retires? and DPOY?
:roll:
And Perkins is getting 20/10 games? (not that Bynum has them consistently)

macpierce
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
i think i take perkins angry defense over bynum sometimes tho

crisoner
05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8535/vegetafinished.jpg

LOL

:applause:

crisoner
05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Utah NEVER had a CHANCE to begin with

Neither does the rest of the NBA! GO LAKES!

:lol

wally_world
05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
LMAO @ the people who think Bynum > Perkins as if it wasnt even close. Perkins does so many things statistics do not justify. As a roleplayer on a championship, Perkins is everything Lakers wished Bynum is.

ashbelly
05-10-2010, 03:00 PM

you are drinking that Kool aid bro. The 96 bulls didnt have the length that the lakers have and had way too many injuries than the lakers but won 72 games. You still sipping on that Kool aid ?? :oldlol:

dutchguy
05-10-2010, 03:22 PM
aside from the obvious danger I put myself in, replying to failage, Dragic is also white, so won't he get the other players amped as well?

and while we are at it, is Farmar even black?

Se
05-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Channing Frye is going to let it rain.

True. Bynum will get limited minutes after the first 6 minutes of each half.

Gasol and Odom will see a lot of time together.

Soothsayer
05-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Kobe only guarded Westbrook for a small portion of the series, and Westbrook was intimidated by the FACT Kobe was guarding him moreso than the actual defense Kobe played. Kobe's reputation on defense is better and more effective than Kobe's actual defense at this point in his career.

Dresta
05-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Kidding right?

No, i guarantee Kobe will get lit up by J-Rich if he guards him, he gives shooters too much space.

LA KB24
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Bro...

Hahahahah. Are you serious or trolling?

Better in what? He's a better defender and that's about it.

Bynum > Perkins any fcking day.

devin112
05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
w/ the seven footers, odom and artest behind me, most 6-6 athletic players can guard nash. w/ that crew behind u, u can take more risks.

Disaprine
05-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Kobe only guarded Westbrook for a small portion of the series, and Westbrook was intimidated by the FACT Kobe was guarding him moreso than the actual defense Kobe played. Kobe's reputation on defense is better and more effective than Kobe's actual defense at this point in his career.
:roll:

LA_Showtime
05-10-2010, 11:54 PM

If Kobe's reputation affects players then isn't that as good as being a good defender? :oldlol:

Soothsayer
05-11-2010, 12:03 AM
If Kobe's reputation affects players then isn't that as good as being a good defender? :oldlol:

No, obviously. As Westbrook said after that game, Kobe wasn't really guarding me, I was just being passive. Once a player realizes that the substance can't back up the reputation any longer, the reputation becomes meaningless. Kobe's defense is still above average, but hardly elite, except in short spurts.

LA_Showtime
05-11-2010, 12:10 AM
No, obviously. As Westbrook said after that game, Kobe wasn't really guarding me, I was just being passive. Once a player realizes that the substance can't back up the reputation any longer, the reputation becomes meaningless. Kobe's defense is still above average, but hardly elite, except in short spurts.

You would have a valid point had Westbrook played better afterwards.

Replay32
05-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Why would phil put kobe on nash? That's just dumb and unnecessary.

Swaggin916
05-11-2010, 01:30 AM

Against really talented offensive players yea he can't shut em down... nobody really can. Against poor-pretty good offensive players he is fantastic tho.

Jacks3
05-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Kobe only guarded Westbrook for a small portion of the series,
Not true. He was on him the last 2 games. In fact, the two most important games of the series.

Soothsayer
05-11-2010, 12:46 PM
You would have a valid point had Westbrook played better afterwards.

Yes. And he did.

Soothsayer
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Not true. He was on him the last 2 games. In fact, the two most important games of the series.

Kobe was only on Westbrook for a portion of game 6. Westbrook was also better in that game once he adjusted mentally to Kobe guarding him. Kobe can't check Westbrook, but he was better than D Fish.

Soothsayer
05-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Against really talented offensive players yea he can't shut em down... nobody really can. Against poor-pretty good offensive players he is fantastic tho.

Agreed. Kobe, at this point in his career, has most defensive success eating up moderate offensive 2 guards.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
D.Fish and Jordan is doing a tremendous job on Nash. No need for Kobe in this series.