PDA

View Full Version : Top 8 PGs 5 years from now?

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 01:13 AM
What's your predictions?

Here's mine, but it's really just a guess at this point.

Tyreke Evans
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Goran Dragic
John Wall
Rajon Rondo
Brandon Jennings

Hard to tell really who has the brightest future. I don't know a lot about college players either, so I don't know who looks the best out of them.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Dragic and Wall ahead of Rondo?

The black hole they call Evans at #1?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 01:30 AM

Got a better list? Make it.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Got a better list? Make it.
Easy there Cowboy...although I don't agree with your bold assumptions I gotta respect it....hey you could end up being right.:confusedshrug:

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Also, the reason I put Dragic and Wall ahead of Rondo is because I don't see Rondo getting a ton better than he already is, and I see the Celtics falling off the map within the next few years as age plays it's role. Dragic will take over when Nash retires and he'll get significantly better, filling in Nash's shoes quite nicely. Wall has the skill and athleticism to become a top 5 PG some day, it just depends on if he utilizes it. I think he will be right up there, and yes... better than Rondo.

Also, why is Evans a black hole? The guy can flat out dominate games, he's already proven he can do so as a rookie... I only see him improving further on as his passing game develops. I don't GUARANTEE he will become a #1 league point guard, but he will be right up there.

The guy I forgot to put in the list is Westbrook, I think he'll definitely be top 8 material... I don't know why I forgot about him.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Also, the reason I put Dragic and Wall ahead of Rondo is because I don't see Rondo getting a ton better than he already is, and I see the Celtics falling off the map within the next few years as age plays it's role. Dragic will take over when Nash retires and he'll get significantly better, filling in Nash's shoes quite nicely. Wall has the skill and athleticism to become a top 5 PG some day, it just depends on if he utilizes it. I think he will be right up there, and yes... better than Rondo.

Also, why is Evans a black hole? The guy can flat out dominate games, he's already proven he can do so as a rookie... I only see him improving further on as his passing game develops. I don't GUARANTEE he will become a #1 league point guard, but he will be right up there.

The guy I forgot to put in the list is Westbrook, I think he'll definitely be top 8 material... I don't know why I forgot about him.

1.) I'm not as sold on Wall as most ppl are...he could end up being a taller Barbosa imo without the shot [their body make ups are similar imo].

2.) Reke is a beast....I love his game....but often times it looks like he passes only when it's the last option. HE's got a crazy handle and he's strong as an ox with the ball but I see him as being better suited for the 2 esp when he gets older.

3.) I like Dragic's game too. No doubt he's opened his eyes with his play in the playoffs but I have to see him starting 82 games to make him to be one of the best PG's of the future.

4.) Westbrook and Rondo still have the ability and potential to add better shooting to their cache....so does Rose....that would be scary and would definitely make them my top 3 or put them in the top 5 at least.

dough
05-10-2010, 01:45 AM
This list needs more jrue.

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Haven't seen him play much.:confusedshrug:

Batz
05-10-2010, 02:07 AM
1. Rondo

The rest...

ODEN>DURANT
05-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Dude, where's Westbrook?

entropy35
05-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Rose really looks like a combo guard. Should he be on that list? he doesn't really show the elite vision the guys behind him has got.
Also i think tyreke will move to SG in the near future.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-10-2010, 02:40 AM

Jrue Holiday is the truth, a straigt up lockdown defender ala Gary Payton, John Starks, Joe Dumars ( the only man to shut down Prime Jordan)

Tony Wroten Jr should be on the list, OJ Mayo is switching to PG next year according to sources. Where the heck is Ricky Rubio also.

dough
05-10-2010, 02:45 AM
then dont make lists.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Tony Wroten Jr should be on the list, OJ Mayo is switching to PG next year according to sources. Where the heck is Ricky Rubio also.

Dude, putting HS players on the list is a little far fetched....also, Rubio scored like 6 poitns and had 5 turnovers in his championship game today/yesterday....doesn't scream ASG material to me....yet.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Dude, putting HS players on the list is a little far fetched....also, Rubio scored like 6 poitns and had 5 turnovers in his championship game today/yesterday....doesn't scream ASG material to me....yet.

because of the one and done rule where these phenoms are exposed to go comp. they actually contribute right away when they are 19-21 coming into the league, so it really isn't that far fetched. Wroten is part of the HS class of 2011 ( upcoming senior), he is going to be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft. Then that gives him 3 seasons to establish himself as a top 8 pg in the league. Drose did his in 2, there isn't any reason he doesn't have the ability to do it in 3.

Where Steph Curry, he should statistical be the best if he stays in that run and gun system?

Brandon Jennings didnt do too well in euro league, all euro league does is shackle the talented young player, just so the josh childress's of the world can make all team.

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 02:58 AM
because of the one and done rule where these phenoms are exposed to go comp. they actually contribute right away when they are 19-21 coming into the league, so it really isn't that far fetched. Wroten is part of the HS class of 2011 ( upcoming senior), he is going to be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft. Then that gives him 3 seasons to establish himself as a top 8 pg in the league. Drose did his in 2, there isn't any reason he doesn't have the ability to do it in 3.

Where Steph Curry, he should statistical be the best if he stays in that run and gun system?

Brandon Jennings didnt do too well in euro league, all euro league does is shackle the talented young player, just so the josh childress's of the world can make all team.

Rubio was hyped as the best PG in euroleague so how did they 'shackle' him?

Navarro is like a top shooting guard over there:roll:

I'm just saying...it seems like you fall in love with players through highlights and youtube and scouting reports and numbers...have you seen Wroten play a full game?

Birmingham1955
05-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Rubio was hyped as the best PG in euroleague so how did they 'shackle' him?

Navarro is like a top shooting guard over there:roll:

I'm just saying...it seems like you fall in love with players through highlights and youtube and scouting reports and numbers...have you seen Wroten play a full game?

Who is Wroten? I have heard a few posters saying he is the next big thing? Is he like John Wall meaning he has more flaws in his game turnovers, can't shoot etc, yet people look past that because of his crazy high school youtube?

Go Getter
05-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Who is Wroten? I have heard a few posters saying he is the next big thing? Is he like John Wall meaning he has more flaws in his game turnovers, can't shoot etc, yet people look past that because of his crazy high school youtube?

I've only seen highlights as well.

Never heard of him until A6'4"mamba started putting his name on lists of PGs that are already proven commodities.

He has talent but all division I players look like Jordan when playing in HS, esp. ones that play in weak areas.

MeLO MvP 15
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Ty Lawson.... also there will be some new kids that we haven't even heard of

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Dude, where's Westbrook?
I don't know why I forgot about him. :confusedshrug:

Math2
05-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I dunno what, but majority will be new, like coming after this year, with Rondo on top, and Rose somewhere along the top 3

Blue.Legend
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
This thread is a joke. Rondo is already scratching Top 4 this year. He is 24 years old.

In 5 years he will be 29, at his prime, and he falls 3 spots down?

At that point he would have more confidence/experience/ and a better arsenal of skills.

If he is currently top 4 with the likes of Chris Paul Deron Williams and Steve Nash, I don't see how he will regress with the above mentioned experience.

If he plays at is currently skill level in 5 years, he would still be top 4. If he improves (which he most certainly would), he would easily be top 3.

YouGotServed
05-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Tyreke Evans
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Goran Dragic
John Wall
Rajon Rondo
Brandon Jennings

How do you not include Aaron Brooks and Westbrook? Dragic at 5? Wow.

MagicalLA
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Deron Williams
4. Tyreke Evans (if considered a PG)
5. Brandon Jennings
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Stephen Curry
8. Westbrook

I dont understand how people can include names like John Wall in this list when he hasnt even played in the NBA yet.

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 07:32 PM
lol The point of this thread was to make bold predictions of your own, not crucify me over mine. :rolleyes:

Yet everyone else is too ***** to make a list of their own. :oldlol:

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Deron Williams
4. Tyreke Evans (if considered a PG)
5. Brandon Jennings
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Stephen Curry
8. Westbrook

I dont understand how people can include names like John Wall in this list when he hasnt even played in the NBA yet.
It's a bold prediction based on his upside. A lot can happen in 5 years, for all we know, all 8 of the people on your list could have career ending injuries and the list could be 100% different within that period of time. But at least I'll respect you for actually trying instead of ONLY criticizing my opinion like everyone else.

YouGotServed
05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
lol The point of this thread was to make bold predictions of your own, not crucify me over mine. :rolleyes:

Yet everyone else is too ***** to make a list of their own. :oldlol:

Really? I thought it was to make predictions based on logic, current stats and potential. Mind me.

Deron, Chris, Rose, Rondo, Curry, Evans, Westbrook, Brooks.

pahisc
05-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Lack of Jrue Holiday is appauling.

Yung D-Will
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Won't D-Will and Cp3 start to lose their athleticism when they're 30?

Styles p
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
:applause:

qrich
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/idealpr/ShaunLivingston_2.jpg

Truly believe Livingston will be in the discussion if he can stay on the court and keep improving.

MagicalLA
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
It's a bold prediction based on his upside. A lot can happen in 5 years, for all we know, all 8 of the people on your list could have career ending injuries and the list could be 100% different within that period of time. But at least I'll respect you for actually trying instead of ONLY criticizing my opinion like everyone else.

I understand what you say, but its easier to predict about those players who already play and have shown what can do than those who probably are great in the NCAA but havent reached the NBA yet, so they can melt down easily. I doubt John Wall will melt down or dissapoint but you understand what im trying to say.

Its like the Greg Oden stuff, everybody hyped him too much before even playing (thats what I read, I wasnt even an NBA fan when Oden was going to be selected) and then he just had excessive bad luck. He can recover though, but its difficult, thats why its difficult to me to predict he will actually be a top 8 or top 10 future C in this league. I dont have confidence in that happening.

wagexslave
05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I understand what you say, but its easier to predict about those players who already play and have shown what can do than those who probably are great in the NCAA but havent reached the NBA yet, so they can melt down easily. I doubt John Wall will melt down or dissapoint but you understand what im trying to say.

Its like the Greg Oden stuff, everybody hyped him too much before even playing (thats what I read, I wasnt even an NBA fan when Oden was going to be selected) and then he just had excessive bad luck. He can recover though, but its difficult, thats why its difficult to me to predict he will actually be a top 8 or top 10 future C in this league. I dont have confidence in that happening.
lol That's completely understandable. I didn't make this thread for people to agree with me, I made it for people to post their OWN opinions because I'm interested in what other people think will happen.

CanYouDigIt
10-18-2013, 12:46 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CelticBaller
10-18-2013, 01:24 PM
What's your predictions?

Here's mine, but it's really just a guess at this point.

Tyreke Evans
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Goran Dragic
John Wall
Rajon Rondo
Brandon Jennings

Hard to tell really who has the brightest future. I don't know a lot about college players either, so I don't know who looks the best out of them.
rondo was madly disrespected back then

fpliii
12-20-2014, 04:25 PM
I guess this was during his injury season, but SMH at CP3 not being unanimously near the top. :facepalm

EDIT: Seriously though, DWill fell off hard.

MellowYellow
12-20-2014, 04:35 PM

7th was a generous ranking for him, easily 10 better

Curry
CP3
Bledsoe
Dragic
Lowry
Wall
Irving
Lillard
Parker
Conley
Westbrook

BasedTom
12-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Rightfully so.

outbreak
12-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Elfrid Payton will a league MVP within the next five years.

Hopper15
12-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Once I saw tyreke evans one I stopped reading.

MP.Trey
12-20-2014, 05:06 PM
lol Aaron Brooks

WallIn
12-20-2014, 05:51 PM

This

JimmyMcAdocious
12-20-2014, 05:54 PM
This
Not sure if you are being facetious (considering your name...), but I agree with her. Turned out alright here. Generally, how about we see what they can do against pros first?