05-16-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.acepolls.com/polls/1123140-whos-the-better-player

Leave a comment if you'd like to explain

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-16-2010, 12:19 PM
:sleeping

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Oooh Rondo is getting whipped. Celtics fans stop arguing that he is better than CP3 and get in here to defend yourselves!

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Oooh Rondo is getting whipped. Celtics fans stop arguing that he is better than CP3 and get in here to defend yourselves! Who said that he was better than CP3?

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 12:21 PM
49 voters so far keep it coming guys

Apples
05-16-2010, 12:22 PM
As much as I like Rondo, I voted Rose. He looks cool on the court with his kneepads and stuff. He looks like he could be in TNA's X Division.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Also Rose is 3 years younger. Look up Rondo's stats when he was Rose's age.

One thing that isn't factored in though is contracts, Rose will get max or close to it when his contract is up, while Rondo is locked into 5 more years at only 11 million a year. Rondo's agent sucks.

kidachi
05-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I've always liked D.Rose since HS, he's gonna be a big star in the league no question..

But I'll take Rondo.. that's my kind of PG...

distributes the ball, defensive, can score, rebounds very well for a PG.. what more?

PurpleChuck
05-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Rose = Score-first PG

Rondo = Pass-first/playmaking PG

So Rondo for me.

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Let's assume Rose get's better at the same pace that Rondo does, from here on out, look at Rondos year 2 stats versus Rose year 2 stats? Now imagine Rose two years from now.

Rondo has the assist # over Rose but he also has better scorers.
Rondo has a couple of rebounds over Rose but that isn't Roses game and, more importantly, Chicago is already one of the best rebounding teams in the league. He doesn't have to/need to expend energy on that.

Rose is lightyears ahead of Rondo in scoring in every way (getting to the line, making FTs, driving to the hole, mid range jumper, etc...) but they both sorta suck at the 3pt line.

I think, all in all, that Rose game transcends whatever team he's on. He's going to be a dynamic scorer if you put him on the Nets, the Lakers, or the Bulls. Whereas Rondo, a great hustle and grit guy, is going to dip and flow depending on the team around him. He's always going to grab his share of boards, pop up 10-16 points a game, and drop a good amount of dimes. I just don't, personally, believe he'd be putting up these kinda #s on any team less dominant.

So to compare two players that play nothing alike:

Rose>Rondo.

kidachi
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
who can lead Chicago better? Rose or Rondo?

Apples
05-16-2010, 12:33 PM

With the team they've had the last two seasons? Rose, hands down. Rondo is probably the better choice for a team that has consistent scorers; guys who will take advantage of his playmaking. Chicago doesn't have that, so they need Rose to score. Scoring isn't Rondo's best asset.

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
66 votes keep them coming

Fallguy20
05-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I like how its not as skewed as it usually seems on ISH... must have some outside help.

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 12:49 PM
I like how its not as skewed as it usually seems on ISH... must have some outside help.
Yea like 10 nba forums .

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Furthermore: Why compare a 2nd year Rose to a 4th year Rondo?

After 2 years for Rose: ROTY, All Star.

After 2 Years for Rondo: ???

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2010, 12:54 PM

Rose.

Who leads the Celtics better? Rondo.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Furthermore: Why compare a 2nd year Rose to a 4th year Rondo?

After 2 years for Rose: ROTY, All Star.

After 2 Years for Rondo: ???

Championship? :confusedshrug:

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Championship? :confusedshrug:
Because Rondo is the reason they won :roll:

In that case Darko musta been the best player to come out of his draft. He was the first to win a championship :confusedshrug:

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Let's assume Rose get's better at the same pace that Rondo does, from here on out, look at Rondos year 2 stats versus Rose year 2 stats? Now imagine Rose two years from now.

Rondo has the assist # over Rose but he also has better scorers.
Rondo has a couple of rebounds over Rose but that isn't Roses game and, more importantly, Chicago is already one of the best rebounding teams in the league. He doesn't have to/need to expend energy on that.

Rose is lightyears ahead of Rondo in scoring in every way (getting to the line, making FTs, driving to the hole, mid range jumper, etc...) but they both sorta suck at the 3pt line.

I think, all in all, that Rose game transcends whatever team he's on. He's going to be a dynamic scorer if you put him on the Nets, the Lakers, or the Bulls. Whereas Rondo, a great hustle and grit guy, is going to dip and flow depending on the team around him. He's always going to grab his share of boards, pop up 10-16 points a game, and drop a good amount of dimes. I just don't, personally, believe he'd be putting up these kinda #s on any team less dominant.

So to compare two players that play nothing alike:

Rose>Rondo.

This probably won't happen. Watch any of the Finals games from 2008 (game 4 is my favourite to watch, although 6 is good too :banana: ) then compare it to how he plays now. It's not even close.

And Rose wouldn't be THAT good on the Lakers; the triangle needs a 3 point shooting PG.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Because Rondo is the reason they won :roll:

In that case Darko musta been the best player to come out of his draft. He was the first to win a championship :confusedshrug:

And Rose had loads of competition for ROTY?

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
This probably won't happen. Watch any of the Finals games from 2008 (game 4 is my favourite to watch, although 6 is good too :banana: ) then compare it to how he plays now. It's not even close.

And Rose wouldn't be THAT good on the Lakers; the triangle needs a 3 point shooting PG.
But it already is happening. Rose went from a hesitant to touch the ball PG last year to a guy who can legit take over the game. I understand completely what you're saying. Rondo has turned into a great PG from where he was to where he is now. But I've watched pretty much every Bulls game in the last two years. Last year Rose was downright scared to touch the ball late in the game and always looked hesitant to take a shot. Now he leads the charge and actually gets stuff done. His work ethic alone makes me think he'll progress as fast as Rondo, just look at what he did to his jumpshot. In one offseason he went from throwing bricks to having one of the smoothest mid range games in the league.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 01:06 PM
And Rose had loads of competition for ROTY?

And Rondo was even mentioned for ROY?

OnceInADECADE
05-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Rondo And Rose Are Both Great But Really Only A True Rondo Fan Would Say Rondo Is Better Than Rose... Rose For Me Anyday

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Just hit 100 votes =O

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Ok stats time.

Regular season:
Rondo: 13.7ppg 9.8apg 4.4rpg 2.3spg 50%fg
Rose: 20.8ppg 6apg 3.8rpg .7spg 49%fg

Alright well considering teammates Rondo's advantage in assists is expected, and I'd say he is a better passer at this point. Rose's steals numbers are pathetic as well, but he clearly is a vastly superior offensive player.

But of course Celtics fans will say 'Rondo is a playoff stud look at those stats they will tell you what is really going on'

Ok Playoff stats:
Rondo: 18ppg 11apg 6.3rpg 2.1spg 49%fg
Rose: 26.8ppg 7.2apg 3.4rpg .8spg 45%fg

I'd give a slight edge to Rondo but those numbers aren't a ton better than Rose's.

When you factor in that Rose is 3 years younger and that there are still some questions as to whether Rondo can duplicate his success on a lesser team, the edge goes to Rose.

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Ok stats time.

Regular season:

Alright well considering teammates Rondo's advantage in assists is expected, and I'd say he is a better passer at this point. Rose's steals numbers are pathetic as well, but he clearly is a vastly superior offensive player.

But of course Celtics fans will say 'Rondo is a playoff stud look at those stats they will tell you what is really going on'

Ok Playoff stats:

I'd give a slight edge to Rondo but those numbers aren't a ton better than Rose's.

When you factor in that Rose is 3 years younger and that there are still some questions as to whether Rondo can duplicate his success on a lesser team, the edge goes to Rose.
Well said. The only places Rondo is hands up better in are assists and boards. You have to factor in the team makeup for those. The Bulls are a top rebounding team so Rose doesn't have to expend energy grabbing boards. He doesn't need to. The Celtics have good offensive players whereas the Bulls really don't so Rondo will obviously have higher assists. But the difference isn't so astronomical that it makes Rondo a different tier of player. Give Rose a big man or a legit scorer and watch his APG sky rocket next year.

Rondo is just the "it" player right now on this forum and only because of his playoff performance. His regular season numbers aren't insanely good. People rave about Rose year round.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Rondo is just the "it" player right now on this forum and only because of his playoff performance. His regular season numbers aren't insanely good. People rave about Rose year round.

Yep. ISH overreacts so much. Just like people all jumping up on the Deron Williams bandwagon when CP3 wasn't in the playoffs this year, and everybody saying that Garnett is a beast and Duncan is done when the Spurs lost and the Celtics won.

Styles p
05-16-2010, 01:30 PM
rondo

JtotheIzzo
05-16-2010, 01:31 PM
anyone who says Rose has had their head up their ass the last two weeks.

both played the Cavs, but who did more damage?

branslowski
05-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok stats time.

Regular season:

Alright well considering teammates Rondo's advantage in assists is expected, and I'd say he is a better passer at this point. Rose's steals numbers are pathetic as well, but he clearly is a vastly superior offensive player. But of course Celtics fans will say 'Rondo is a playoff stud look at those stats they will tell you what is really going on'

Ok Playoff stats:

Look, I could care less about this debate...I hate Boston really...And I think D-Rose is a beast...But, how can you penalize Rondo's assist being higher due to the fact that he has better teamates, but at the same time, point at the ppg as an idication that Rose is the better scorer?...I mean, couldn't you say Rondo's ppg numbers are down due to the fact that he has other players on the team who scores the points?

I mean, Rondo is the Better passer, rebounder, and defender....Both can drive at will...Both aren't great outside shooters....Rose is just the better scorer I guess...

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Look, I could care less about this debate...I hate Boston really...And I think D-Rose is a beast...But, how can you penalize Rondo's assist being higher due to the fact that he has better teamates, but at the same time, point at the ppg as an idication that Rose is the better scorer?...I mean, couldn't you say Rondo's ppg numbers are down due to the fact that he has other players on the team who scores the points?

I mean, Rondo is the Better passer, rebounder, and defender....Both can drive at will...Both aren't great outside shooters....Rose is just the better scorer I guess...

Regardless of stats anyone who has watched the Bulls and Celtics knows that Rose is a vastly better scorer than Rondo.

Rondo's defense is also very overrated, he comes up with a lot of steals but he can't shut anyone down. It is still better than Rose's D though.

It's a good debate but I just think that Rose is the better player and will be the better player in the future. I also think that if the two players switched places then this wouldn't be a discussion. Rondo is in literally the perfect situation for his talents.

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 01:50 PM

:roll:

That's a new way to defend Rondos inability to score.

MMM
05-16-2010, 01:54 PM

That's a new way to defend Rondos inability to score.

Rondo has shown he is a capable scorer any time the Celtics have needed him to do so. He still isn't in rose's level as a scorer but he isn't as bad as you think.

RajonKGcelts
05-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Hawksdogsvbraves is just stupid. he's spent way to much lately bashing rondo and the celtics. give it a rest. Rondo>Rose

Pharcyde
05-16-2010, 02:06 PM
It's a tie right now, but I think Rose is going to pull away this upcoming year. He improved a lot in his shooting ability and in the way he runs the halfcourt set this past offseason, and I think he will make huge improvements again.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Hawksdogsvbraves is just stupid. he's spent way to much lately bashing rondo and the celtics. give it a rest. Rondo>Rose
Yeah I'm just stupid thanks for your contribution buddy.

I also haven't bashed Rondo or the Celtics at all, you just feel that way because you are a biased Boston homer.

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
127 votes supprisngly people are starting to vote for Rondo now and closing the gap:oldlol:

magnax1
05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Really this is another one of those player arguments that confuses me. Rose is a good scorer, but thats all he really is, a scorer. Rondo can score, hes one of the four best passers in the league, an all defensive team level defender, one of the best rebounding point guards ever. Maybe rose will be better in three years (doubt it, but possible) but right now, its pretty easily rondo. I don't really get why Rose is so great right now, other then he makes some great highlights.
Also, Rondo picks up his play in big moments more then most any other point guard, I'm not so sure if Rose does that.

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Really this is another one of those player arguments that confuses me. Rose is a good scorer, but thats all he really is, a scorer. Rondo can score, hes one of the four best passers in the league, an all defensive team level defender, one of the best rebounding point guards ever. Maybe rose will be better in three years (doubt it, but possible) but right now, its pretty easily rondo. I don't really get why Rose is so great right now, other then he makes some great highlights.
Also, Rondo picks up his play in big moments more then most any other point guard, I'm not so sure if Rose does that.

Make sure u vote grr >=O

magnax1
05-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Make sure u vote grr >=O
I did, whats your opinion on this?

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I did, whats your opinion on this?

Rondo for many reasons which are to long to write out

One of them has to do with me believing Rose has been overrated since his rookie season

MMM
05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
It's a tie right now, but I think Rose is going to pull away this upcoming year. He improved a lot in his shooting ability and in the way he runs the halfcourt set this past offseason, and I think he will make huge improvements again.

fair assessment it is good to see you are not saying Rondo sucks

Pharcyde
05-16-2010, 02:29 PM
fair assessment it is good to see you are not saying Rondo sucks
I don't think he sucks. Only say that when people say Rose doesn't pass or run a half court set when he clearly does.

RajonKGcelts
05-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah I'm just stupid thanks for your contribution buddy.

I also haven't bashed Rondo or the Celtics at all, you just feel that way because you are a biased Boston homer.

I'm just right. Rondo impacts the game in every way, Rose doesn't. Thats all that matters.:pimp:

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm just right. Rondo impacts the game in every way, Rose doesn't. Thats all that matters.:pimp:

You have Rondo in your name do you really think anyone is going to take your opinion on this matter seriously?

jasonresno
05-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Except that's wrong. Ya got a lil bit of Rondos jizz on your keyboard which is probably why you aren't making any sense :P.

And who said that Rondo was closing the gap in the poll?Rose has a 32 vote lead :P. It looks like when you poll other forums than ISH they seem to see a little straighter.

Rondo is just a postseason sensation and blinds people to the fact that he's barely above average during the entire regular season. Where were these polls three months ago?

Rose > Rondo and it's not close.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Except that's wrong. Ya got a lil bit of Rondos jizz on your keyboard which is probably why you aren't making any sense :P.

And who said that Rondo was closing the gap in the poll?Rose has a 32 vote lead :P. It looks like when you poll other forums than ISH they seem to see a little straighter.

Rondo is just a postseason sensation and blinds people to the fact that he's barely above average during the entire regular season. Where were these polls three months ago?

Rose > Rondo and it's not close.

Barely above average? BARELY ABOVE AVERAGE?

Does 13/10/4 sound average to you?????

Oh wait........

YouGotServed
05-16-2010, 03:35 PM
I voted for Rondo, and I can't believe Rose is winning with 57% of the votes.

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I voted for Rondo, and I can't believe Rose is winning with 57% of the votes.

It was like 65 earlier but now Rondo is catching up o.O

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 03:48 PM
It was like 65 earlier but now Rondo is catching up o.O

You are so proud of your poll aren't you :oldlol:

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 03:50 PM
You are so proud of your poll aren't you :oldlol:

Well I was getting people to vote for my schools buget on Saturday so I said why not get people to vote for my poll on sunday :oldlol:

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Probally stop it at the end of today or something

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Derrick Rose is clearly the better player individually and i don't see how it is close. Rondo is just a way better pg and knows how to run an offense something that Rose is lacking right right now.

Blue.Legend
05-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Derrick Rose is clearly the better player individually and i don't see how it is close. Rondo is just a way better pg and knows how to run an offense something that Rose is lacking right right now.

If you can't run your team's offence how are you the better player? Albeit Rose can run a simple offence.

Rose is a point guard that can't run the team on an elite level. Yet he is a better?

Rondo gives you less points (yet is still an offensive threat) but more assist/steals/rebounds/high FG%/defence not to mention he is one of the best decision makers in the game today. Wit > Muscles, and this is why Rondo is a better point guard, and all around player.

Rondo is doc river's extension on the court, he knows all the plays in the back of his head. With that kind of leadership and knowledge in the point guard position, the celtics are a championship calibre team. Same thing can't be said about Derrick Rose.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 08:44 PM
If you can't run your team's offence how are you the better player? Albeit Rose can run a simple offence.

Rose is a point guard that can't run the team on an elite level. Yet he is a better?

Rondo gives you less points (yet is still an offensive threat) but more assist/steals/rebounds/high FG%/defence not to mention he is one of the best decision makers in the game today. Wit > Muscles, and this is why Rondo is a better point guard, and all around player.

Rondo is doc river's extension on the court, he knows all the plays in the back of his head. With that kind of leadership and knowledge in the point guard position, the celtics are a championship calibre team. Same thing can't be said about Derrick Rose.

The reason Rose can't run a team on an elite level like Rondo is because he doesn't have an elite team. Do you think Rondo would have the Bulls as championship contenders or something?

If Rose ever dropped 8/8/4 like Rondo did today, the Bulls would lose. Every time. Against any team in the league.

He also only averages .6 more rebounds a game than Rose, who is a very good rebounding guard. Their field goal percentages are also almost the same despite the fact that nearly all of Rondo's shots are from under the basket. Add that to the fact that Rose is much better at getting to the line, and you see that Rose has an offensive dynamic to his game that Rondo does not.

It's only Rose's second season, he is not close to reaching his potential, whereas Rondo is 24 already, close to his prime.

Anyway you know my opinion, and you can see how the poll turned out. A close race, with the edge going to Rose.

Blue.Legend
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
The reason Rose can't run a team on an elite level like Rondo is because he doesn't have an elite team. Do you think Rondo would have the Bulls as championship contenders or something?

If Rose ever dropped 8/8/4 like Rondo did today, the Bulls would lose. Every time. Against any team in the league.

He also only averages .6 more rebounds a game than Rose, who is a very good rebounding guard. Their field goal percentages are also almost the same despite the fact that nearly all of Rondo's shots are from under the basket. Add that to the fact that Rose is much better at getting to the line, and you see that Rose has an offensive dynamic to his game that Rondo does not.

It's only Rose's second season, he is not close to reaching his potential, whereas Rondo is 24 already, close to his prime.

Anyway you know my opinion, and you can see how the poll turned out. A close race, with the edge going to Rose.

This is all very speculative in my opinion. I'd like to see what Rose does with better teammates. I'm just glad Rondo is getting more support after the previous two playoff series.

Even after last year's playoff battle between Rose and Rondo, 90% of the people would say Rose is better, purely because he is Chicogo's number one option and the fact that he puts up more points than rondo.

It might be the coaching staff's fault, but Rose doesn't run many offensive plays. In crunch time and tough playoff series, it is absolutely essential that the point guard knows how to run different plays and get different players involved.

Mo Williams is the ultimate example.

imdaman99
05-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Rondo. Hes the best player on a championship caliber team. He will do whatever it takes to win... without having a jumpshot. Rose has all those votes because some of the MJ fans from the 90s have actually stuck around (prob from chicago) and need their golden boy to be more than a Stephon Marbury clone. Believe it or not thats Rose's ceiling, a better version of Marbury whos not on drugs, because it's obvious Steph was on something lol.

Yung D-Will
05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow I'm surprised this Poll went from a 30 votes Rose lead to only an 11 vote lead

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Rondo. Hes the best player on a championship caliber team. He will do whatever it takes to win... without having a jumpshot. Rose has all those votes because some of the MJ fans from the 90s have actually stuck around (prob from chicago) and need their golden boy to be more than a Stephon Marbury clone. Believe it or not thats Rose's ceiling, a better version of Marbury whos not on drugs, because it's obvious Steph was on something lol.

That's some great logic.

VishaltotheG
05-16-2010, 10:08 PM

This. Rose would be a distributor on the Celtics and Rondo wouldn't be able to carry the scoring load for 82 games (plus possibly playoffs) on the Bulls.

Pharcyde
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM

How do you know he can't? We don't run a simple offense because Derrick can't run it. We used it because Vinny and our assistants our incompetent and we had a team full of mid-range jumpshooters who couldn't create for themselves.

Pharcyde
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
It might be the coaching staff's fault, but Rose doesn't run many offensive plays. In crunch time and tough playoff series, it is absolutely essential that the point guard knows how to run different plays and get different players involved.

Mo Williams is the ultimate example.

Well, Rose does do that.

Blue.Legend
05-16-2010, 10:25 PM
How do you know he can't? We don't run a simple offense because Derrick can't run it. We used it because Vinny and our assistants our incompetent and we had a team full of mid-range jumpshooters who couldn't create for themselves.

I did say this:

It might be the coaching staff's fault but Rose doesn't run many offensive plays. In crunch time and tough playoff series, it is absolutely essential that the point guard knows how to run different plays and get different players involved.

We'll see though. Rondo is still the better point guard at the moment

Rondo does create open looks for even the worst offenive players. Big baby and Perkins are consistently feeding off Rondo's passes.

Pharcyde
05-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I did say this:

It might be the coaching staff's fault but Rose doesn't run many offensive plays.

He did run our offensive plays.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 10:52 PM
This. Rose would be a distributor on the Celtics and Rondo wouldn't be able to carry the scoring load for 82 games (plus possibly playoffs) on the Bulls.

The Bulls wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs with Rondo instead of Rose. Not even close.

TheTruth11
05-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Rose

pahisc
05-16-2010, 11:20 PM
The Bulls wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs with Rondo instead of Bosh's injury. Not even close.

Fixed.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Fixed.

Ok let me rephrase; if Rondo and Rose had been switched, the Bulls wouldn't have won 30 games.

sirkeelma
05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Ok let me rephrase; if Rondo and Rose had been switched, the Bulls wouldn't have won 30 games.
Welcome to Eastern Conference.

imdaman99
05-16-2010, 11:52 PM
The Bulls wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs with Rondo instead of Rose. Not even close.
Yeah, because this can be proven right? Rondo reminds me of a Jason Kidd without the 3 pt shot and much more athleticism. He obviously doesn't need to do the things Kidd did in his Nets days to get his team in the playoffs. He has 3 pretty good players if not superstars on his team already that can create their own shots. Kidd had no one else that could create, unless you're talking about RJ lol. Why don't you go back to asking us how Marbury got in the league and Bill Gates didn't, because you were exposed dawg :roll:

hawksdogsbraves
05-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah, because this can be proven right? Rondo reminds me of a Jason Kidd without the 3 pt shot and much more athleticism. He obviously doesn't need to do the things Kidd did in his Nets days to get his team in the playoffs. He has 3 pretty good players if not superstars on his team already that can create their own shots. Kidd had no one else that could create, unless you're talking about RJ lol. Why don't you go back to asking us how Marbury got in the league and Bill Gates didn't, because you were exposed dawg :roll:

You really think that this team would make the playoffs?

Rondo
Hinrich
Deng
Gibson
Noah

That team would have a hard time averaging 80 points a game. You really exposed me dawg. :(

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 12:30 AM

If you believe Rose is anything like Steph Marbury you haven't watched either play or you are not very adept at evaluating basketball.

imdaman99
05-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Most coaches say basketball is 90% mental?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Then why was Starbury in the NBA and not Bill Gates?
I didnt have to expose you man :( you exposed yourself :( fyl

hawksdogsbraves
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
I didnt have to expose you man :( you exposed yourself :( fyl

Just get out of here man you don't have anything intelligent to add to this discussion.

imdaman99
05-17-2010, 12:33 AM
If you believe Rose is anything like Steph Marbury you haven't watched either play or you are not very adept at evaluating basketball.
Oh man a Bulls fan, who woulda thunk he would have run to defend his golden boy Derrick Rose. Did you ever watch Stephon Marbury play? The man was destined to dominate as well. Especially as a rookie or 2nd year player, if he hadn't let his ego and his mental instability hamper his playing, he could have amounted to a HOFer. So don't think I am selling your golden boy short. I'm just saying I'd rather have Rondo right now. I'm sorry you never got to see Stephon Marbury the Stud play, but only the washed up has-been on the Knicks Stephon Marbury.

Kingwillball
05-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Both are great and suite there team well. Right now I think it's a Pickem..Lets have this conversation 3 years from now should be interesting.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh man a Bulls fan, who woulda thunk he would have run to defend his golden boy Derrick Rose. Did you ever watch Stephon Marbury play? The man was destined to dominate as well. Especially as a rookie or 2nd year player, if he hadn't let his ego and his mental instability hamper his playing, he could have amounted to a HOFer. So don't think I am selling your golden boy short. I'm just saying I'd rather have Rondo right now. I'm sorry you never got to see Stephon Marbury the Stud play, but only the washed up has-been on the Knicks Stephon Marbury.

I followed Steph from Georgia Tech into the pros and Steph was a much better passer, better from distance, and flashier.

I have no qualms with you choosing Rondo....and I take exception to the disrespectful tone in your post....I'm a grown man I don't say things because "I like" one player over another.

Rondo is the better PG right now...you can factor in teams, schemes, and duties but the fact remains one can't take away from what Rondo is doing right now...he's played brilliantly.

With that said:

Comparing Rose to Marbury is not accurate...their demeanor, style, and other things are too disimilar to be compared.

Marbury could never get up like Rose....he was never as good as Rose at shooting a good percentage...he isn't as coachable....didn't have a winner's attitude like Rose....the list goes on.

Those are the reasons why I do not agree with you.

imdaman99
05-17-2010, 12:45 AM
I followed Steph from Georgia Tech into the pros and Steph was a much better passer, better from distance, and flashier.

I have no qualms with you choosing Rondo....and I take exception to the disrespectful tone in your post....I'm a grown man I don't say things because "I like" one player over another.

Rondo is the better PG right now...you can factor in teams, schemes, and duties but the fact remains one can't take away from what Rondo is doing right now...he's played brilliantly.

With that said:

Comparing Rose to Marbury is not accurate...their demeanor, style, and other things are too disimilar to be compared.

Marbury could never get up like Rose....he was never as good as Rose at shooting a good percentage...he isn't as coachable....didn't have a winner's attitude like Rose....the list goes on.

Those are the reasons why I do not agree with you.
Fair enough :cheers: Marbury was definitely one of the most uncoachable out there and Rose seems the opposite. Best of luck with him :)

hawksdogsbraves
05-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Fair enough :cheers: Marbury was definitely one of the most uncoachable out there and Rose seems the opposite. Best of luck with him :)

Man, what a change in manners. You must have gotten that stick out of your ass.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 02:18 AM
You really think that this team would make the playoffs?

Rondo
Hinrich
Deng
Gibson
Noah

That team would have a hard time averaging 80 points a game. You really exposed me dawg. :(

You must be kidding me...

Rondo on the bulls would make it to the playoffs, because Rondo can turn his scoring game on when it is nessessary. Also Hinrich, Deng, Gibson, Noah and the bench would all look that much better playing with Rondo. Rose does not make his teammates better as Rondo does. If you do not agree, than you do not know rondo's game

We can both play this speculation game all day. The point is, Rondo is one of the best players on a championship caliber team. He is the better point guard at the moment period.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Boston and Chicago both faced Cleveland in the playoffs.

Rondo
PPG 20.7
RPG 6.3
APG 11.8
SPG 1.8
BPG 0.0
FG% 0.541
FT% 0.659
3P% 0.333
MPG 41.8

Rose
PPG 26.8
RPG 3.4
APG 7.2
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.0
FG% 0.456
FT% 0.818
3P% 0.333
MPG 42.4

As you can see from the stats, Rondo is superior to Rose in every category except for points and free throws (and not by a large margin). If you count assist and hockey style assist you'd see that Rondo have a far greater contribution on offence.

Rondo also have better defence than Rose in this series.

And to top all of this off, Rondo has more intangibles such as leadership and running a variety of plays (whereas Rose only runs 3 tops) which leads to points that aren't reflected in the stat sheet

Oh yeah.... and Boston beat Cleveland 4-2, while Chicago lost 4-1. Some may think that this doesn't effect the comparison of the two point guards, but winning DOES MATTER; and so far rondo is a winner.

Just as 1+1 = 2. Better Offence + better defence = Better player.

Rondo is the better player, its close but not debatable at this point.

Richard 23
05-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Rondo. He is proving it right now and he will only get better. He can keep on improving his jump shot and free throws which are already getting much better.

He can go down as the best defensive pg in the history of the game.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 02:45 AM

I'd like to know your opinion on this matter TC.

stephanieg
05-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Rondo is far more productive than Rose. Swapping Rose in for Rondo would torpedo Boston.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Boston and Chicago both faced Cleveland in the playoffs.

Rondo
PPG 20.7
RPG 6.3
APG 11.8
SPG 1.8
BPG 0.0
FG% 0.541
FT% 0.659
3P% 0.333
MPG 41.8

Rose
PPG 26.8
RPG 3.4
APG 7.2
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.0
FG% 0.456
FT% 0.818
3P% 0.333
MPG 42.4

As you can see from the stats, Rondo is superior to Rose in every category except for points and free throws (and not by a large margin). If you count assist and hockey style assist you'd see that Rondo have a far greater contribution on offence.

Rondo also have better defence than Rose in this series.

And to top all of this off, Rondo has more intangibles such as leadership and running a variety of plays (whereas Rose only runs 3 tops) which leads to points that aren't reflected in the stat sheet

Oh yeah.... and Boston beat Cleveland 4-2, while Chicago lost 4-1. Some may think that this doesn't effect the comparison of the two point guards, but winning DOES MATTER; and so far rondo is a winner.

Just as 1+1 = 2. Better Offence + better defence = Better player.

Rondo is the better player, its close but not debatable at this point.

I'm not downing you for choosing Rondo over Rose but you have to admit having the Allen, Pierce, and KG help Rondo immeasurably....so much so that I cannot say that Rose would do better or worse on the Celts because you have to give credit for what's really happening out there.

Rondo is shining....but could he shine with Taj at the four instead of KG and Kirk at the two instead of Allen?

Got to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is a winner, but you also have to take it into account [Rose's sub par cast] if only minimally.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Rondo. He is proving it right now and he will only get better. He can keep on improving his jump shot and free throws which are already getting much better.

Mo Cheeks says "hi"...and so does his friend Gary Payton.

Rondo is great, but he's no GP or Mo.

Richard 23
05-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Mo Cheeks says "hi"...and so does his friend Gary Payton.

Rondo is great, but he's no GP or Mo.

I am saying could be and Rondo is very young.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 03:36 AM
I am saying could be and Rondo is very young.

He won't be simply because the NBA has shackled perimeter defenders.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm not downing you for choosing Rondo over Rose but you have to admit having the Allen, Pierce, and KG help Rondo immeasurably....so much so that I cannot say that Rose would do better or worse on the Celts because you have to give credit for what's really happening out there.

Rondo is shining....but could he shine with Taj at the four instead of KG and Kirk at the two instead of Allen?

Got to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is a winner, but you also have to take it into account [Rose's sub par cast] if only minimally.

Yes having 3 Hofer helps. But you must admit that Rondo plays his role perfectly. To say that rose can just slip into his shoes and run the show is foolish. Similarly it is ignorant to assume the Rondo can simply take up Rose's role in Chicago.

Its all about team dynamics. You can speculate what it would be like for Rondo to play in Chicago or Rose playing with the big 3, but the fact is, it is all speculation.

But what is fact is the stats. If we look at both player's stats versus cleveland in the playoffs it is fact that Rondo is outdoing Rose, and winning while he is doing so. Rose's stats are already impressive, so this is not to take anything away from Rose, rather a compiment to Rondo. This is not speculation, these are cold hard facts.

I can't say that Rose won't surpass Rondo, but at the moment Rondo is still the better point guard; however i know this debate will go on for a long time, because both are great players.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Yes having 3 Hofer helps. But you must admit that Rondo plays his role perfectly. To say that rose can just slip into his shoes and run the show is foolish. Similarly it is ignorant to assume the Rondo can simply take up Rose's role in Chicago.

Its all about team dynamics. You can speculate what it would be like for Rondo to play in Chicago or Rose playing with the big 3, but the fact is, it is all speculation.

But what is fact is the stats. If we look at both player's stats versus cleveland in the playoffs it is fact that Rondo is outdoing Rose, and winning while he is doing so. Rose's stats are already impressive, so this is not to take anything away from Rose, rather a compiment to Rondo. This is not speculation, these are cold hard facts.

I can't say that Rose won't surpass Rondo, but at the moment Rondo is still the better point guard; however i know this debate will go on for a long time, because both are great players.

I don't think you can compare both based on Cleveland's play...did Cleveland play as well? Was it Rondo or the Celts or both? Did they play Rondo the same as Rose and the Bulls?

These factors play a part imo.

How could Rose win against the odds stacked against him with a rookie PF and a SG who isn't exactly shooting well this season? Our roster was severely depleted to make room for FA 2010.

Like I said I'm not going to downgrade what Rondo is doing for the sake of his teammates, but you have to give Rose credit for leading a sup par team to the playoffs. Rondo didn't go anywhere with Al Jeff on his team [and no big 3].

lukekarts
05-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Part of it comes down to team needs. If I'm confident I have enough scorers in my team I take Rondo without hesitation. He's the better playmaker, the better decision maker, the better defender. Those are the qualities I like in players.

However, I'd have to take Rose if my team didn't have any scorers, as I'm more confident in his ability to carry a team.

That said, overall I think Rondo is the better player and he does step up to another level during the playoffs. Rose could be better in the future, although that remains to be seen.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Part of it comes down to team needs. If I'm confident I have enough scorers in my team I take Rondo without hesitation. He's the better playmaker, the better decision maker, the better defender. Those are the qualities I like in players.

However, I'd have to take Rose if my team didn't have any scorers, as I'm more confident in his ability to carry a team.

That said, overall I think Rondo is the better player and he does step up to another level during the playoffs. Rose could be better in the future, although that remains to be seen.

How can you rate Rose on playmaking ability when he has no one to run with him or pass it to [on most nights]?

When Rondo didn't have 3 HOF's next to him no one was lauding him as a superior playmaker.

I think Rose catches a lot of flak for not averaging over 6 assists....but I have been watching him and the Bulls for years and I honestly think that with better teammates and schemes his playmaking ability will shine.

Only time will tell....

MMM
05-17-2010, 04:43 AM
How can you rate Rose on playmaking ability when he has no one to run with him or pass it to [on most nights]?

When Rondo didn't have 3 HOF's next to him no one was lauding him as a superior playmaker.

I think Rose catches a lot of flak for not averaging over 6 assists....but I have been watching him and the Bulls for years and I honestly think that with better teammates and schemes his playmaking ability will shine.

Only time will tell....

I've been a rondo fan for many years and even in his pre big 3 era you can see he had te potential to be a very good passer right now I'll say he is among the elite as a playmaker. While with Rose it is more dificult to tell at this point in time because he has to play a much difernet role but I think it is safe to say he needs more improvement in that area to become elite and in due time he proabably can.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 04:53 AM
I've been a rondo fan for many years and even in his pre big 3 era you can see he had te potential to be a very good passer right now I'll say he is among the elite as a playmaker. While with Rose it is more dificult to tell at this point in time because he has to play a much difernet role but I think it is safe to say he needs more improvement in that area to become elite and in due time he proabably can.

YOU are saying this as a Rondo fan and someone I can imagine that has seen many Celtics games.

But be serious....{I don't know the stats}....with his pre-"Big 3 team" was he a much better playmaker than Rose....honestly?

Did you see Rose catch a bad pass [behind him] in the air with his left hand and hit a cutter with a sweet touch pass for an open layup in the playoffs?

MMM
05-17-2010, 04:59 AM
YOU are saying this as a Rondo fan and someone I can imagine that has seen many Celtics games.

But be serious....{I don't know the stats}....with his pre-"Big 3 team" was he a much better playmaker than Rose....honestly?

Did you see Rose catch a bad pass [behind him] in the air with his left hand and hit a cutter with a sweet touch pass for an open layup in the playoffs?

What I'm saying is Rose in his 2nd year doesn't show off his passing skills as much as pre big 3 rondo. Even back then you could see te kid had a pass first mentality. With Rose I feel he can be that type of guy down the road but for many reasons many not of his own doing he can't be that type of PG yet. When he gets better pieces around him then we can trully see if he has what it takes to be an elite play maker.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 05:05 AM
What I'm saying is Rose in his 2nd year doesn't show off his passing skills as much as pre big 3 rondo. Even back then you could see te kid had a pass first mentality. With Rose I feel he can be that type of guy down the road but for many reasons many not of his own doing he can't be that type of PG yet. When he gets better pieces around him then we can trully see if he has what it takes to be an elite play maker.

What were Rondo's assist averages?

Of course Rose passes less.....he can't pass as much his team needs him to score.

At the 2nd year point of Rondo's career he couldn't be the #1 guy if he wanted to offensively.

Rose will never be the behind the back, flashy pass guy....he doesn't do that...I think certain ppl will never rate him high based on this.

MMM
05-17-2010, 05:16 AM
What were Rondo's assist averages?

Of course Rose passes less.....he can't pass as much his team needs him to score.

At the 2nd year point of Rondo's career he couldn't be the #1 guy if he wanted to offensively.

Rose will never be the behind the back, flashy pass guy....he doesn't do that...I think certain ppl will never rate him high based on this.

Flassy passes doesn't neccessarily make a good passer and it is not what makes Rondo great at it. Pin point passes especially ones that lead the player to the basket is what tends to make for good passing. Anyways Rondo as a rookie in starters mins put up around 6 assist agame and in 08 put around 6 assist a game as well but you have to remember that the offense was ran through Paul Pierce at the time. So yes Rondo's raw assist total wasn't impressive but from watching him play you could see he had the potential to be a very good passer. Rondo was always very good in transistion leading players to easy baskets as well as being an interior passer it is just at this point over the last few years he has been able to refine his skills to become even better.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Flassy passes doesn't neccessarily make a good passer and it is not what makes Rondo great at it. Pin point passes especially ones that lead the player to the basket is what tends to make for good passing. Anyways Rondo as a rookie in starters mins put up around 6 assit agame and in 08 put around 6 assist a game as well but you have to remember that the offense was ran through Paul Pierce at the time. So yes Rondo's raw assist total wasn't impressive but I from watching him play you could see he had the potential to be a very good passer. Rondo was always very good in transistion leading players to easy baskets as well as being an interior passer it is just at this point over the last few years he has been able to refine his skills to become even better.

That's exactly how I feel about Rose [and about passing].

The offense relies on him scoring because no one else can....when he doesn't have the ball in his hands for drives he is expected to beat his man off a back cut and score that way.

He gets a raw deal from a lot of ISH posters because he is so ball dominant but we ask him to be.

lukekarts
05-17-2010, 06:27 AM
That's exactly how I feel about Rose [and about passing].

The offense relies on him scoring because no one else can....when he doesn't have the ball in his hands for drives he is expected to beat his man off a back cut and score that way.

He gets a raw deal from a lot of ISH posters because he is so ball dominant but we ask him to be.

I'm not criticising Rose for being ball dominant, you're right he needs to be and that's why I factored in team needs with my previous post.

However at this stage Rondo is the better passer, some of the no-look behind the back passes are pin-point accurate. Now you're right in saying Rose doesn't have the same calibre of teammate, however we still don't see the same level of passing, even flashes of it, that we get with Rondo.

I'm not suggesting Rose won't reach that level, but Rondo right now is a more proven playmaker.

As an overall player, Rose has the higher potential but time will tell if he reaches it.

Yung D-Will
05-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Lol Wut I just woke up and suddenly Rondo has more votes then Rose:roll:

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm not criticising Rose for being ball dominant, you're right he needs to be and that's why I factored in team needs with my previous post.

However at this stage Rondo is the better passer, some of the no-look behind the back passes are pin-point accurate. Now you're right in saying Rose doesn't have the same calibre of teammate, however we still don't see the same level of passing, even flashes of it, that we get with Rondo.

I'm not suggesting Rose won't reach that level, but Rondo right now is a more proven playmaker.

As an overall player, Rose has the higher potential but time will tell if he reaches it.

I have never seen Rose give a behind the back pass....flashy passes aren't his m-o.

liza20005
05-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Rondo is the best anytimeeee!!!!

Pharcyde
05-17-2010, 07:20 AM
You must be kidding me...

Rondo on the bulls would make it to the playoffs, because Rondo can turn his scoring game on when it is nessessary. Also Hinrich, Deng, Gibson, Noah and the bench would all look that much better playing with Rondo. Rose does not make his teammates better as Rondo does. If you do not agree, than you do not know rondo's game

They wouldn't be close to making it in the playoffs. Rondo can strive occassionally right now in scoring because he has unlimited spacing on the Celtics. On the Bulls, he would have NO spacing and would be forced to shoot midrange jumpers the whole game, which he sucks at.

And please, he wouldn't make those guys better then what they are now. Rondo hasn't made anyone on the Celtics a better player.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 07:42 AM
And please, he wouldn't make those guys better then what they are now. Rondo hasn't made anyone on the Celtics a better player.
:oldlol:

:cheers:

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 05:09 PM
They wouldn't be close to making it in the playoffs. Rondo can strive occassionally right now in scoring because he has unlimited spacing on the Celtics. On the Bulls, he would have NO spacing and would be forced to shoot midrange jumpers the whole game, which he sucks at.

More so than Rose does, his teammates look like sh*t right about now.

THe celtics are making big noise with Rondo at the helm. So yes, they're looking real good at that moment.

Kendrick Perkins averaged .602% FG with his horrible offence. This is due mostly to Rondo's passing abilities. Tell me he doesn't make his teammates better again (perhaps not better in terms of ability but he makes them more effective)

You can keep speculating, but Rondo is playing beyond his years, and better than Rose.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 05:10 PM

What's so funny? Rondo is better than Rose at the moment, deal with it.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Also this Poll is somewhat Bias, because Chicago have a larger fanbase than Boston (by a large margin).

Even so, I'm glad to see Rondo hang in there with the Rookie of the year.

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 05:39 PM
What's so funny? Rondo is better than Rose at the moment, deal with it.

Read my comments in here before trying to flame me....matter of fact just don't address me at all.

Blue.Legend
05-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Read my comments in here before trying to flame me....matter of fact just don't address me at all.

Whatever, i'm done with this debate.

Fallguy20
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
both played the Cavs, but who did more damage?

Who had better teammates that required more focus. Look at when PP went off, where was his defenders focus that game?

OnceInADECADE
05-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Who cares they are both great young n coming pg and niether is better than CP3, Nash and Dwill(not in order)

Go Getter
05-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Who cares they are both great young n coming pg and niether is better than CP3, Nash and Dwill(not in order)

Nash is not top 3....he's good for a team but when you are just comparing player A to player B the young guards [Rondo/Rose] are better.

the_chosen_1
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Its close for third best PG but, I give it to Rose. Rondo makes everyone better and is a great PG but, he would have a hard time if he was the number 1 the way Rose is, so I have to give Rose the edge based on the fact that he is probably game planned for more.

Connoisseur
05-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Rose can carry a team; Rondo can't.

MMM
05-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Rose can carry a team; Rondo can't.

and if Rose was on the Celtics would they be in the position they are now??? Because Rondo has a lot to do with that and while Rose is good at the things he does those things aren't really needed in Boston.

pahisc
05-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Rose is one of the most overrated players on these forums. He's an average point guard, but a good scorer. They both play the point guard position, which I feel includes more than just scoring, thus Rondo's overall game is superior to Rose's scoring. This whole Rondo has better teammates is total bullshit. Rose plays on a worse team right now, but that's how we should judge him. He might even be worse on a stacked team because he doesn't get free reign to score all night, but no one can know that because it hasn't happened.

NuggetsFan
05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Rondo.

Rondo's a better defensive player. Better at playmaking and pretty much anything besides scoring. Rose isn't even a elite scorer to make me sway my mind. Rondo's also a better scorer than the numbers suggest.

The team argument is flawed too. Boston doesn't need another person who can score as much as they need Rondo's ability to control the game\tempo and manage shots\create plays. Boston's defense automatically gets worse too. Rondo probably wouldn't be as good in a situation like Rose's but your kidding yourself if you think he wouldn't be dropping dimes\playing excellent defense. I hate the assist statistic so I'm not just going on 10 vs 6 or w.e but the way Rondo controls the tempo is beautiful.

Rondo is more ready now IMO. I do think Rose will eventually overtake Rondo unless Rondo gets develops a consistent jumper.

jasonresno
05-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Glad to see this poll show I'm not crazy.

Rondo is a nice player.
Rose is a star.

LA KB24
05-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Both are great at what they do but I'll take Rose over Rondo, even though Rondo is a better passer and defender.

The way D-Rose attacks the rim is just beautiful to watch. I wish I had his game.

Bigsmoke
05-18-2010, 01:36 AM
people are only saying Rondo is better just because the Celtics are still in the playoff race.

I bet if Rondo is putting up the numbers Rose set against the Cavs, the same people who like Rondo over rose would still support Rondo more. They would be like "The Big 3 is all old so they need Rondo to average 27ppg"

but whatever. Rose is a better player to me and would rather build around him anytime.

Bigsmoke
05-18-2010, 01:40 AM
and if Rose was on the Celtics would they be in the position they are now??? Because Rondo has a lot to do with that and while Rose is good at the things he does those things aren't really needed in Boston.

They would have won 60+ regular season games as Rose being the Celtics main scorer and leader in assist while beating the Magics by atleast 10 points last night.

NBASTATMAN
05-18-2010, 01:48 AM

WOW THIS IS CLOSE....Give me Rondo cuz he defends...

hawksdogsbraves
05-18-2010, 01:49 AM

:roll: Give me a break. You are seriously overrating Rondo's defense, he can get steals but he can't shut anybody down defensively. Take last year's Bulls/Celtics series as a prime example, Rose was scoring 25+ppg and was attacking the basket at will.

Watch the game tomorrow, he can't stay in front of Jameer Nelson.

Go Getter
05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
:roll: Give me a break. You are seriously overrating Rondo's defense, he can get steals but he can't shut anybody down defensively. Take last year's Bulls/Celtics series as a prime example, Rose was scoring 25+ppg and was attacking the basket at will.

I was going to bring this up.

Bigsmoke
05-18-2010, 09:56 AM

lol yea lets check out that superb Rondo defense :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBxWii3ZbxU

jasonresno
05-18-2010, 11:19 AM
lol yea lets check out that superb Rondo defense :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBxWii3ZbxU
Greatest PG defender of all time!!!

...unless he has to guard someone faster, stronger, and better with the ball then him.:oldlol:

MMM
05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
They would have won 60+ regular season games as Rose being the Celtics main scorer and leader in assist while beating the Magics by atleast 10 points last night.

I doubt that the Celtics would win 60+ games with Rose instead of Rondo. Rose is very good at what he does but it doesn't fit into the Celtics and what they do that makes them successful.

Defensively Rajon Rondo is not elite he is not known to shut down anyone but he is still among the best defenders at the PG spot if not the best because no other Pg's shut down anyone else anymore. The league doesn't allow physical defensive play at the PG position which makes it impossible to consistently stay infront of the quick/speedy guards that scatter the PG landscape like CP3, Rose, Deron, Parker, Harris, etc. What Rondo brings to the table that benefits the Celtics defensively is his ability to defend and apply pressure full court and create extra possession.

Now I'm not saying Rose doesn't have the ability to pressure the ball full court but Rondo is probably the best at doing it in today's league. Rodno allows the Celtics defense to get set and slows down the opposing team from getting into it sets as quick as they like. Little things like that go unnoticed but potentially it is the difference from a team exploiting a cross match and getting a high percentage look or forcing up a tough contested shot late in the shot clock. As I've said before though all this doesn't make him a shut down defender but they don't exist at the position but his ability to get steals and rebounds greatly benefit the Celtics. I'm not sure if people are aware of this but the Celtics are one of the slowest pace teams in the league in fact they were last in FGA last season. I woul be scared to thing what type of offense they could mustard if you take away many of the extra poessesions that Rondo creates.

I have not even talk about if Rose would be able to adjust to taking far fewer shots or having the ball taken out of his hand and the offense ran through Paul Pierce which the Celtics still like to do.

Anyways evaluating players through hypotheticals doesn't make much sense to me. IMO if you want a distributor you take Rodno and if you want a scoring PG who has the potential to be a franchise player/superstar you take Rose.

Connoisseur
05-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I honestly cannot see how anyone in their right mind can choose Rondo over Rose.

Rondo's inability to score anywhere beyond 8 or so feet from the rim automatically makes him an inferior playmaker to Rose. Rose, if focused entirely on facilitation on a team like Boston, would easily match Rondo's assist production. Rondo's too dependent on a specific system with specific players to be useful, he's nothing more than a roleplayer. Rose is an elite franchise player with all-around capabilities and limited weaknesses.

MMM
05-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I honestly cannot see how anyone in their right mind can choose Rondo over Rose.

Rondo's inability to score anywhere beyond 8 or so feet from the rim automatically makes him an inferior playmaker to Rose. Rose, if focused entirely on facilitation on a team like Boston, would easily match Rondo's assist production. Rondo's too dependent on a specific system with specific players to be useful, he's nothing more than a roleplayer. Rose is an elite franchise player with all-around capabilities and limited weaknesses.

Well I can't see anyone taking a roleplayer over Rose as well but the problem is Rondo is much more then a role player to argue that he is nothing more then a role player is quite asinine.

Connoisseur
05-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Well I can't see anyone taking a roleplayer over Rose as well but the problem is Rondo is much more then a role player to argue that he is nothing more then a role player is quite asinine.

Alright, I change my mind... Rondo is a roleplayer on 'roids. The main problem I have with him is that he's exploitable due to the gaping hole in his overall game. Rose, unlike Rondo, can at least adapt if teams try to play zone on him.

Yung D-Will
05-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I am clearly the G.O.A.T Poll maker

Go Getter
05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
You you got to hand it to him though he was giving Rondo buckets.:eek:

Dresta
05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
This is hilarious, how this poll can be this close shows how ignorant the majority of people are. Currently, Rondo is a much, much better basketball player then Rose, that doesn't mean Rose can't be better in the future, but right now, its not even comparable.

Dresta
05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
people are only saying Rondo is better just because the Celtics are still in the playoff race.

I bet if Rondo is putting up the numbers Rose set against the Cavs, the same people who like Rondo over rose would still support Rondo more. They would be like "The Big 3 is all old so they need Rondo to average 27ppg"

but whatever. Rose is a better player to me and would rather build around him anytime.Rose's numbers against the Cavs were nothing special, he barely scored a point per shot, Noah was the best Bulls player in that series.

hawksdogsbraves
05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
This is hilarious, how this poll can be this close shows how ignorant the majority of people are. Currently, Rondo is a much, much better basketball player then Rose, that doesn't mean Rose can't be better in the future, but right now, its not even comparable.

Yes, yes, you are correct. Thanks for your brilliant insight.

Bigsmoke
05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Rose's numbers against the Cavs were nothing special, he barely scored a point per shot, Noah was the best Bulls player in that series.

i'm a huge Noah fan but u gotta be hitting me?

27ppg, 7.2assist, and only 2.6 turnovers a game isnt impressive?

Rondo is still recovering from getting his ass beat by Jameer Nelson in game 1.

pahisc
05-18-2010, 09:11 PM
25 shots per game, 27 ppg.

Batz
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
He got like 3 FTAPG. That's ****ing ridiculous.

NuggetsFan
05-18-2010, 09:17 PM
but whatever. Rose is a better player to me and would rather build around him anytime.

People confuse potential for today. If I'm trying to win today I take Rondo IMO and that's how I define who's better unless it's a potential debate and in that case I'd most likely side with Rose.

Go Getter
05-18-2010, 09:23 PM

Why does this even matter when he shoots a good percentage and hits timely shots?

You can take 25 shots a game without being a ball hog especially on an offensively anemic team like the Bulls.

jasonresno
05-18-2010, 10:33 PM
He got like 3 FTAPG. That's ****ing ridiculous.
And not his fault. He gets to the rim he just doesn't get the calls.

Bigsmoke
05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
People confuse potential for today. If I'm trying to win today I take Rondo IMO and that's how I define who's better unless it's a potential debate and in that case I'd most likely side with Rose.

If i want the Bulls to make the playoffs then i'm not getting Rondo the ball before i'll let Rose take over. We have Rose and i'm happy

R.I.P.
05-19-2010, 12:11 AM

Averages 17pts, 11 ast, 6 rebs and 2 stls per game, while shooting a high percentage and playing good defense. Leading assist man, 2nd leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder on a team with three hall of famers. That is one heck of a roleplayer the Celtics got there. The Celtics are Rondo

PP34Deuce
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I consider Rose's better offensive game to draw even with Rondos defense,rebounding,passing....

Rondo is hard to define hes so unique

stephanieg
05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
It would appear that "Rose is a super star! Look at his ppg!" is gonna be the AI subjective vs. stat story analysis equivalent of this generation. Maybe Wall too, but we'll have to wait to see how he does.

jasonresno
05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
NVM! RONDO AND THE CELTICS WON TODAY. RONDO = GOAT AND PURE OFFENSIVE DYNOMITE!!

nvm the fact that he had 8 pts in game 1. His average [for two games LOL] is 17.

GOAT

pahisc
05-19-2010, 02:42 AM
I find it amusing that people for Rose claim that others will vote Rondo purely because he has several amazing games in the playoffs, despite not recognizing their own bias from being Chicago Bulls fans. Statistically, Rondo is a far better point guard. Rose has all the physical tools, but he doesn't utilize them to improve his game. He doesn't get to the line, he doesn't get his teammates involved, and somehow he is the "third best point guard in the league"?

Tell me, how does it feel to have the face of your franchise be Derrick Rose? The very same individual who knowingly cheated on his SATs (lol, seriously?) costing his college team a year of wins just to make it to the league. He should have been studying in college so that he would have a better grasp of the English language than my 5 year old niece.

Dresta
05-19-2010, 10:17 AM
i'm a huge Noah fan but u gotta be hitting me?

27ppg, 7.2assist, and only 2.6 turnovers a game isnt impressive?

Rondo is still recovering from getting his ass beat by Jameer Nelson in game 1.
15/13/3/2 on 53% shooting is better imo.

As a point of reference on this Rose, Rondo comparison, you should only compare their numbers against the Cavs this postseason, when bringing up Rose's numbers. Rondo against the Cavs:

21/12/6/2 on 54% shooting. Rose's numbers really aren't close.

hawksdogsbraves
05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
15/13/3/2 on 53% shooting is better imo.

As a point of reference on this Rose, Rondo comparison, you should only compare their numbers against the Cavs this postseason, when bringing up Rose's numbers. Rondo against the Cavs:

21/12/6/2 on 54% shooting. Rose's numbers really aren't close.

That's not a fair comparison because Rose was doubled the entire series while Rondo faced single coverage from Mo Williams and Anthony Parker. Let one of those two guard Rose man on man for a game and see how many points he scores.

ISH gets so excited about playoff stats but remember Rondo averaged 13/10/4/2 in the regular season. Not superstar numbers.

Dresta
05-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Stop with the excuses, if Rose was getting doubled so often then he would've averaged more assists, but Rondo averaged almost double the number of assists Rose did. This is not a fluke, Rondo picked the Cavs to pieces whereas Rose was reduced to a volume scorer.

hawksdogsbraves
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Stop with the excuses, if Rose was getting doubled so often then he would've averaged more assists, but Rondo averaged almost double the number of assists Rose did. This is not a fluke, Rondo picked the Cavs to pieces whereas Rose was reduced to a volume scorer.

Who is he going to dish assists to? Kirk Hinrich is playing shooting guard for christ's sake.

If you want to talk numbers, look at the regular season numbers. Upon comparison you are going to see that Rondo's numbers 'really aren't close'.

RajonKGcelts
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
I like checkin in here once and awhile to see hawksbraves still arguing his silly point

hawksdogsbraves
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I like checkin in here once and awhile to see hawksbraves still arguing his silly point

Question does Rondo really have that 'R' tattoo on his back? That has to be the dumbest tattoo in the league aside from Richard Jefferson's stupid arm tattoo.

Go Getter
05-19-2010, 05:01 PM

Rose had his best game [scoring] as a pro VS. Rondo mind you.

AxionJaxion
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Offense = Derrick Rose.

Defense/Rebounding = Rajon Rondo.

Both are championship-caliber PGs.

OmniStrife
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I always liked Rose better, but today it's all Rondo, the guy is just that good.

TheGreatDeraj
05-19-2010, 05:47 PM
At this point you just can't vote against Rondo. Rose may be the better player in the future, but Rondo and the Celtics are doing something special this year.

bongolarry
05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Rose = Score-first PG

Rondo = Pass-first/playmaking PG

So Rondo for me.
You think theres a reason for that? It might have something to do with rondo having paul pierce KG ray allen and a solid bench. If D rose doesnt score who else is? Taj Gibson? Kirk Hinrich? There is really no arguement for rondo being better when D rose is 3 years younger and is already considered a super star and rondo has pretty much been put on the point guard map solely for having amazing performances against cleveland. Can i also remind you what rose did to rondo as a rookie last year in the playoffs?

MMM
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
You think theres a reason for that? It might have something to do with rondo having paul pierce KG ray allen and a solid bench. If D rose doesnt score who else is? Taj Gibson? Kirk Hinrich? There is really no arguement for rondo being better when D rose is 3 years younger and is already considered a super star and rondo has pretty much been put on the point guard map solely for having amazing performances against cleveland. Can i also remind you what rose did to rondo as a rookie last year in the playoffs?

He had a few good games but Rondo played elite thoughout that series.

bongolarry
05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
He had a few good games but Rondo played elite thoughout that series.

What do u consider an elite performance? Stealthily commiting a flagrant foul while hacking brad millers head? Rondo is primarily the reason a 7th seeded team brought the celtics to 7 games. Who do u think was guarding D rose when he dropped 39? Eddie house? Stephon Marbury? Ray Allen bailed the C's out of game after game in that series. I didnt kno when your most influential play in a series is a foul that it is considered an "elite performance".

Yung D-Will
05-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Where did the 85 + voters come from who all voted for rose in the span of like 5 hours. Sounds like someone posted this on a Chicago forum to me

Dresta
05-20-2010, 09:59 AM
lol @ thinking that Rondo didn't outplay Rose in last season's playoffs. He nearly averaged a triple double, whereas Rose was highly pedestrian except for one game. He averged 5 TO's for 6 assists, and had a PER below the league average, how awesome.

The selective memory some of thes fanboys have.

And yes hawksdogs, Rondo regular season numbers were better then Rose's, and his playoff numbers created an even bigger gap. You really have no case here. Its sad watching you come up with one pathetic excuse after another.

trig
05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
if PG #1 passes to Ray Allen for 3, KG inside, Pierce 18footer
and PG #2 passes to Kirk for 3, Noah inside, Deng 18 footer

who will have more assist?

Rondo's role is to orchestrate the offense and keep their superstar happy.
Rose's role is to be the superstar

jasonresno
05-20-2010, 11:01 AM
if PG #1 passes to Ray Allen for 3, KG inside, Pierce 18footer
and PG #2 passes to Kirk for 3, Noah inside, Deng 18 footer

who will have more assist?

Rondo's role is to orchestrate the offense and keep their superstar happy.
Rose's role is to be the superstar
Agreed.

The only reason this is even a legit debate is because Celtics are still in the playoffs. If the Bulls were too (I.E had a damn better team) it'd be a whole new spin.

Rondo is what's "hot" on ISH right now. Every week we get a new person to claim to be GOAT and this week it's Rondo.

edit: Daaamn. Rose is killin' Rondo. Truth.

Dresta
05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Rondo has been better then Rose all year, got nothing to do with him being 'hot'. And Rondo is the superstar on that team, all the big 3 defer to him. Anyone that thinks Rose is a better PG then Rondo, is quite simply clueless when it comes to basketball. Plain and simple really.

jasonresno
05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Rondo has been better then Rose all year, got nothing to do with him being 'hot'. And Rondo is the superstar on that team, all the big 3 defer to him. Anyone that thinks Rose is a better PG then Rondo, is quite simply clueless when it comes to basketball. Plain and simple really.
False

Celts34
05-20-2010, 10:29 PM
False
Guess this puts you in that group of people who don't know basketball. Today on May 20th 2010, Rajon Rondo is unequivalically the better pg out of himself and Derek Rose. There' just no arguing against it right now anyways. Sorry Chicago fans. Now next year this could change.

Real Men Wear Green
05-20-2010, 10:32 PM
What do u consider an elite performance? Stealthily commiting a flagrant foul while hacking brad millers head? Rondo is primarily the reason a 7th seeded team brought the celtics to 7 games. Who do u think was guarding D rose when he dropped 39? Eddie house? Stephon Marbury? Ray Allen bailed the C's out of game after game in that series. I didnt kno when your most influential play in a series is a foul that it is considered an "elite performance".
Did you not notice the part where RR averaged a triple-double?

jasonresno
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Guess this puts you in that group of people who don't know basketball. Today on May 20th 2010, Rajon Rondo is unequivalically the better pg out of himself and Derek Rose. There' just no arguing against it right now anyways. Sorry Chicago fans. Now next year this could change.
And the 290 voters :P

Democracy, as well as stats, have spoken.

entropy35
05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Rondo is easily the better POINT GUARD. Rose is a better scorer, but rondo is pretty much better than rose at everything except scoring.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Rondo is easily the better POINT GUARD. Rose is a better scorer, but rondo is pretty much better than rose at everything except scoring.

Exactly. Rose would be a completely different player on the Celtics, because we wouldn't need him to be such a high volume scorer. As such, Rondo is the ideal man for the Celtics, and nobody ever sees him in a different role; therefore it is difficult to say that Rondo would not do as well in Rose's role.

The_Yearning
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
OP you should make a poll of Chris Paul vs. D-Will.

Would be fun but the answer is obvious.

jasonresno
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Head to Head stats from this year
Rondo v Rose (what better way to compare a player?)

Rondo:
.39 FG%
.00 3PT%
59% FT

9PPG/5 REB/11 APG/2 SPG

Rose:
.54 FG%
.00 3PT%
75% FT

21PPG/5 REB/ 4 APG/1 BPG

So what does this tell us? This tells us a few things. #1 that Rose is hardly contained by the "legendary Rondo defense" people in this thread like to brag about. #2 that Rose is a hands up better offensive player. #3 head to head their rebounding #s are the same. #4 Rose is forced more into an offensive role than a facilitating role so Roses #s fall drastically in the APG category whereas Rondo can fill that part of the sheet up (and it's good that he does: 9PPG/5REB on .39% shooting and 59% from the line? Bluck) Also, seeing as how allegedly dynamic Rondo is, does this prove that Rose plays him pretty tight on D?

Blue.Legend
05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Head to Head stats from this year
Rondo v Rose (what better way to compare a player?)

Rondo:
.39 FG%
.00 3PT%
59% FT

9PPG/5 REB/11 APG/2 SPG

Rose:
.54 FG%
.00 3PT%
75% FT

21PPG/5 REB/ 4 APG/1 BPG

So what does this tell us? This tells us a few things. #1 that Rose is hardly contained by the "legendary Rondo defense" people in this thread like to brag about. #2 that Rose is a hands up better offensive player. #3 head to head their rebounding #s are the same. #4 Rose is forced more into an offensive role than a facilitating role so Roses #s fall drastically in the APG category whereas Rondo can fill that part of the sheet up (and it's good that he does: 9PPG/5REB on .39% shooting and 59% from the line? Bluck) Also, seeing as how allegedly dynamic Rondo is, does this prove that Rose plays him pretty tight on D?

Rose is hard to contain. He is tough to guard, i'll give you that, but he also takes alot of shot. Chances are the more shots you take the more points you get. I'd still take 11 assist on low turnover rather than 21 PPG on 18 or so shot attemps.

Looking at how Rondo has clowned all the point guard match up thus far in the playoffs, it shows that he plays with more intensity when it counts

Defence takes effort, and when Rondo exerts his effort into his defence, the opposition is in a world of pain.

bongolarry
05-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Everyone on here that thinks rondo is a better overall player is retarded... I can watch a couple of boston playoff series' too... that doesnt make me a basketball fan. Look at the head to head, its statistically proven who the better player is and dont bring up rebounding because if you watch the celtics and i kno all of you do you would know that he rarely gets contested rebounds he gets most from crashing the boards defensively after a three ball and his whole team runs up the floor and leaves him to grab the ball...

Celts34
05-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Everyone on here that thinks rondo is a better overall player is retarded... I can watch a couple of boston playoff series' too... that doesnt make me a basketball fan. Look at the head to head, its statistically proven who the better player is and dont bring up rebounding because if you watch the celtics and i kno all of you do you would know that he rarely gets contested rebounds he gets most from crashing the boards defensively after a three ball and his whole team runs up the floor and leaves him to grab the ball...

Way too much being made of the head to head. Outside of the last time they played in april, where Rose went off for 39 and Rondo had only 4. In the other three games he and Rondo' number are not appreciably different, and Rondo actually had better lines.

1st meeting: (Celtic blowout)
Rondo-2/8/16(Only took 2 shots, made one of them)
Rose-10/0/2

2nd meeting: (celtic blowout)
Rondo-16/7/14/3
Rose-19/5/3

3rd meeting: (bulls double digit win)
Rondo-15/3/7/3
Rose-17/8/4

So in the infamous words of Cal Norton Jr "whose retarded now?"

jasonresno
05-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Way too much being made of the head to head. Outside of the last time they played in april, where Rose went off for 39 and Rondo had only 4. In the other three games he and Rondo' number are not appreciably different, and Rondo actually had better lines.

1st meeting: (Celtic blowout)
Rondo-2/8/16(Only took 2 shots, made one of them)
Rose-10/0/2

2nd meeting: (celtic blowout)
Rondo-16/7/14/3
Rose-19/5/3

3rd meeting: (bulls double digit win)
Rondo-15/3/7/3
Rose-17/8/4

So in the infamous words of Cal Norton Jr "whose retarded now?"
Still you, pal.

Wait, nvm. Rondo is SOOO much better. He's so good at passing to better players and collecting garbage rebounds. Man. He's a HOFer.

(By the way. I like Rondo. A lot. I love his game. He's just not D-Rose level even if he's a few years older and has a few years more in the league.)

Jacks3
05-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Rondo. He just impacts the game in more ways

Crystallas
05-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Rose played nearly all season injured. I would rather judge this next year. Rondo is one hell of a PG, but seeing Rose play Rondo, Rondo won the matchups early, but Rose is winning them later. Its pretty even now, and after one off-season of growing, and a new season, the truth will come out.

juju151111
10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Derrick Rose

ashlar
10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Definitely Rose.

chips93
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
rondo his defense is way ahead of rose's and rondo is a better passer, but rose will pass him as his j is developing while rondo's is getting worse

The_Yearning
10-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Rajon Rondo.

Derrick Rose looks lost as a PG.

tommy3
10-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Rondo