PDA

View Full Version : Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Celtics beat Magic 92-88.

Game roundup here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5934

Kingwillball
05-16-2010, 06:25 PM
SVG will play or start Reddick more and he will make the difference.

LOL..Reddick, Just Like Delonte West would of Made Difference if he weren't busy about thinking about banging Lebron's Mom.

Hiei
05-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Magic are trying to be last year's Cavs.

Real Men Wear Green
05-16-2010, 06:26 PM
I still stand by "Magic in 3."

Celtsin6
"Magic will win in 4 or 5".

Glad to see you're changing your tone. Can't wait for game 2 buddy. :roll:

Noob Saibot
they just need to play more physical (that goes double for Howard) and knock down shots. reddick does need more time out there, but really because Barnes is injured.

Lakers13
05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
This series will be tied 2-2 after 4 anyhow, Boston plays horrible at home.

MrUnstopable
It's possible. You never know what you're gonna get from Boston at home.
Yeah I'm not worried about it. This should be a wakeup call for Orlando and most importantly Dwight Howard. He needs to move the ball more and Orlando needs to run their offense through Nelson and Carter. Reddick needs to get the bulk of the SG minutes. I'm confident SVG will make these changes.

beasly15
... and the Magic, and Orlando, and DC Comics.

come on, man. get it together. you should be better than that.

(props to boston)

asdf1990
lol, dwight and magic= cavs 09 all over again.

theDragicLegacy
05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
No way Magic can beat Boston without Hedo

asdf1990
05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
... and the Magic, and Orlando, and DC Comics.

come on, man. get it together. you should be better than that.

(props to boston)

his not gonna play any better, look up dwights stats against real centers.

RaceBannana
05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
The series is not over yet. Magics just were ice cold.

insidehoops
The Boston Celtics beat the Magic 92-88 to take Game 1 in Orlando, and now lead the 2010 Eastern conference finals 1-0.

Paul Pierce was terrific, Ray Allen's shot was hot, and the Celtics defense was terrific, especially on Dwight Howard, who shot 3-of-10 for 13 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks, but 7 turnovers

Discuss the game and how the series looks now!

Micku
Everyone knows that it's all about Batman. Screw Superman.

t-rex
05-16-2010, 06:31 PM
How does Atlanta look now?

asdf1990
The series is not over yet. Magics just were ice cold.

thats what ppl were saying about the cavs, oh they will come to life next game.

theDragicLegacy
Dwight's nothing without Hedo Turkoglu feeding him alleyoops

beasly15
his not gonna play any better, look up dwights stats against real centers.

there has to be some kind of hope. players have to step up to get respect. i'm not doggin' him. i want him to play some ball!!!

t-rex
05-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Sheed outplayed Howard today. It wasn't really close. I never would have envisioned Sheed outplaying anyone a month ago.

Nets fan 93
Howard's 3 point shooters didn't help him either.. the Magic need everyone... not just Howard.

MrUnstopable
:lol ISH is the home of overreactions. It seems like which ever team wins they get on the Bandwagon. Orlando is a great Away team and Boston isn't a great home team.

t-rex
05-16-2010, 06:34 PM
:lol ISH is the home of overreactions. It seems like which ever team wins they get on the Bandwagon. Orlando is a great Away team and Boston isn't a great home team.

Good call. It's possible we are watching the two best teams in the NBA. This is going to be a long series.

chazzy
Having the ability to defend Dwight single coverage with both your center AND backup center is huge

WhySoInsecure?
And the haters come out. He's getting mugged on every shot and if that's not enough the celtics get away with flops when he gets near the ball.

Pietrus didn't do shit, Reshard is a waste of space. They couldn't get going from outside so their inside game took a hit.

Harison
I said 5 or 6.
You said sweep or 5 :confusedshrug: No matter, Magic were manhandled in the 1st, and all Celtics had to do is to win at least one of the first games away. Now they might get two wins before going to Boston, and you know how it would end.

There was no question which team was better, although I liked Magics 4th quarter, but clutch Ray and Pierce sealed the deal. Since Howard wont have much better games during the series, its up to Jameer, Gortat and Carter to show up every game to have a chance, which is a bit unlikely.

MrUnstopable
LOL..Reddick, Just Like Delonte West would of Made Difference if he weren't busy about thinking about banging Lebron's Mom.
You seem to think SVG is Mike Brown.

Jailblazers7
How the **** did the Celtics only win by 4? I went and ate dinner because I figured the game was over.

ashbelly
Only reason it got close is boston got bored towards the end :lol :lol .. Whateva happened to the High powered offense. This orlando magic fan i know was talking about " How are they gonna stop the 3 point shooting ??" while laughing hysterically. I told him they shut down the best player in the game for 3 games in a row, magic won't be a problem for them.

Killbot
I said 5 or 6.

Liar.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4327881&postcount=39

ashbelly
You seem to think SVG is Mike Brown.

:roll: :roll: The Irony

willds09
05-16-2010, 06:35 PM
celtics are not going to see kobe in the finals, up by 20 and only win by a lucky 4 point lead? :lol

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:36 PM
You said sweep or 5 :confusedshrug: No matter, Magic were manhandled in the 1st, and all Celtics had to do is to win at least one of the first games away. Now they might get two wins before going to Boston, and you know how it would end.

There was no question which team was better, although I liked Magics 4th quarter, but clutch Ray and Pierce sealed the deal. Since Howard wont have much better games during the series, its up to Jameer, Gortat and Carter to show up every game to have a chance, which is a bit unlikely.
Howard won't have much better games? :lol Howard will rebound. Orlando not playing for 6 days hurt them this time. That was a physical game and there is no way you can simulate that in practice. Orlando has always been resilient and I have no reason to think they won't come back from this.

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 06:36 PM
The Magic need to get over the mental hurdle in order to beat the Celtics. They've got all the pieces they need to win this series, but it doesn't look like they think they're good enough to win a 7 game series against them.

dutchguy
05-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Dwight's nothing without Hedo Turkoglu feeding him alleyoops

You have a very 1dimensional view of the game.
Hedo's doing great with the raps now btw:roll:

Micku
05-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Game 1 was a defensive game. The Celts defensive won the game, but they were lossing it in the 4th quarter in the game. The Magic needs to make their shots. They had a couple of open shots, but the ball didn't go in. It should be a interesting series.

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Liar.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4327881&postcount=39

Nelson vs. Rondo: A lot of Rondo's effectiveness is what he does in the open floor. Orlando is best in the league at getting back on the fast break. Why? Because Howard is their lone rebounder so everyone gets back in time. Nelson has been playing incredible ball in the playoffs averaging 21 ppg on 51 percent shooting. They both do great things for their respective teams and Rondo's man to man defense will be taken away because of the pick and roll play of the Magic.

Advantage: Even

Barnes vs. Allen: Matt Barnes will probably start off on Allen then Reddick will get his run at him. Don't laugh because Reddick made Allens life hell last year in the playoffs.. He was all over him

Advantage: Slight Advantage Allen

VC vs. Pierce: Pierce has been up and down this post season, mostly down. Vince the past 2 years has had a field day against the Celtics and is extremely crafty with getting shots and getting in the lane.

Advantage: Moderate Advantage VC

Lewis vs. KG: KG has been playing incredible this post season and you know Orlando will have a game plan for him. Whenever Lewis is overmatched with a big PF Orlando always shades with Howard and Perkins being a non threat offensively will make it easier to neutralize KG. Lewis is one of the best shooters in the NBA and can get his shot against anyone. He will have his hands full with KG though.

Advantage: Moderate Advantage KG

Howard vs. Perkins: Perkins always plays Howard great on defense but Howard always plays great defense and is a great rebounder on both ends of the floor. Perkins is tough though and will battle him for everything he gets. But Howard impacts the game in so many ways (help defense, offensive rebounding, altering shots, blocking shots, pick and roll defense) that even though Perkins might/will hold his points down, that doesn't mean Perk has impacted the game nearly as much as Howard

Advantage: Big Advantage Orlando

Bench: Orlando has one of the best benches in the league with Williams, Reddick, Pietrus, Anderson, Gortat, and Bass. They usually go 10 deep and should the series go 6 to 7 games their advantage of going up against an older team will be apparent. Outside of Tony Allen, Glen Davis, and Rasheed Wallace, they really don't go too deep to their bench.

Advantage: Big Advantage Orlando

My Official Prediction: Orlando in 5 or 6.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 06:39 PM
sorry dr. insidehoops.

i just felt to point it out that howard let a lot of people down. it's cool.

man, this must really mess with the magic's mind. they haven't lost in a month so how the hell are they gonna deal with this?? boston is coming strong so there's no room to play around. you're in a "real" series now.

play some ball, man.. i still believe in y'all.

Killbot

Then why did you say this? By saying "this", you completely agree with everything that guy posted.

Legend of Josh

We can all appreciate your devotion to being a supposed hardcore Magic fan, but truth of the matter is, your homerism is excessive enough to the point it discredits and clouds your judgment as a general NBA fan.

Speaking of bandwagon fans... Boston is and has forever been one of the more established teams in the league in terms of fan base. Orlando, completely different story.

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Then why did you say this? By saying "this", you completely agree with everything that guy posted.
You notice that was at the beginning right? Then when I went through the matchups and what not I made my OFFICIAL PREDICTION.

dutchguy
05-16-2010, 06:41 PM

But you probably didn't see em losing g1 though?
I would've thought (as a celtics fan) forget g1, let's see if they can take g2

You still think 5 or 6?

agree on JJ btw

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:42 PM
We can all appreciate your devotion to being a supposed hardcore Magic fan, but truth of the matter is, your homerism is excessive enough to the point it discredits and clouds your judgment as a general NBA fan.

Speaking of bandwagon fans... Boston is and has forever been one of the more established teams in the league in terms of fan base. Orlando, completely different story.
Overreaction is people saying Howard has no offensive game, and is not going to have an impact on this series. I have read that multiple times. Boston is not unbeatable at home so what do you want me to say? That Orlando is done for? Come on now I believe Orlando will win this series and I stick by that.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
win or lose. that game had me out of my seat!!!:pimp:

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
But you probably didn't see em losing g1 though?
I would've thought (as a celtics fan) forget g1, let's see if they can take g2

You still think 5 or 6?

agree on JJ btw
I thought that G1 was the most loseable game but this game was so up and down. Physical games like this are unpredictable especially when Orlando isn't executing. I didn't give much thought to Orlando not playing ball for 6 days then you throw them into a highly physical team that just played 3 days before.

willds09
05-16-2010, 06:46 PM
orlando in 5 :no:

Legend of Josh
Overreaction is people saying Howard has no offensive game, and is not going to have an impact on this series. I have read that multiple times. Boston is not unbeatable at home so what do you want me to say? That Orlando is done for? Come on now I believe Orlando will win this series and I stick by that.

First, it was Orlando in 4. Then, you change it to 5 or 6, naturally since they lost Game 1. When Boston wins one of the next two games and takes a 2-0 or 2-1 lead in the series, you'll change to Orlando in 6 or 7. You jumped the gun. That's OK though, hey, it happens.

cotdt
Having the ability to defend Dwight single coverage with both your center AND backup center is huge

This.

Jailblazers7
05-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Saying Rondo = Jameer Nelson is ludacris.

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
First, it was Orlando in 4. Then, you change it to 5 or 6, naturally since they lost Game 1. When Boston wins one of the next two games and takes a 2-0 or 2-1 lead in the series, you'll change to Orlando in 6 or 7. You jumped the gun. That's OK though, hey, it happens.
I never changed it to 5 or 6 I picked them to win in 5 or 6. Either way I think if Orlando makes the right adjustments they will win next game and the series. SVG is a great coach.

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Saying Rondo = Jameer Nelson is ludacris.
Rondo did not look great out there and neither did Nelson.

zORi
Howard won't have much better games? :lol Howard will rebound. Orlando not playing for 6 days hurt them this time. That was a physical game and there is no way you can simulate that in practice. Orlando has always been resilient and I have no reason to think they won't come back from this.

LOLOL, people think this is how Dwight usually plays?

Even against Perk, he usually has better games. Boston definitely deserved this win, but it won't be so easy tuesday.

This team is 2x more resilient than the Cavs and Heat (whom I love).
Remember that this is the team that handed Boston their very first (and only) playoff outing after being up 3-2 in a series.

Jailblazers7

Doesn't change the fact that Rondo is better.

zORi

I thought Meer had a good game (not as good as possible, but not bad).

theDragicLegacy
05-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Dwight doesn't have an offensive game. Every time he tries to create his own shot and it's not a pivot dunk against Al Horford, it usually bricks.

If you weren't a homer you'd be able to admit Dwight has a horrible offensive game

willds09
05-16-2010, 06:50 PM
rondo is going to disappear this series, watch.:rockon:

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Dwight doesn't have an offensive game. Every time he tries to create his own shot and it's not a pivot dunk against Al Horford, it usually bricks.

If you weren't a homer you'd be able to admit Dwight has a horrible offensive game
I am sure you have a better one right? Once again an Overreacting fan. Exhibit A.

theDragicLegacy
LOLOL, people think this is how Dwight usually plays?

Even against Perk, he usually has better games. Boston definitely deserved this win, but it won't be so easy tuesday.

This team is 2x more resilient than the Cavs and Heat (whom I love).
Remember that this is the team that handed Boston their very first (and only) playoff outing after being up 3-2 in a series.
Too bad you guys don't have Hedo anymore, dont see you coming back without him

beasly15
before i start a thread, game 2 should be some a really good game. they've studied each other so we might see rondo go off and howard get some.

it really is good nba, even though i want magic to win. right now, the celtics look like cold blooded killaz. amazing defense, but that's with poor offense from the top scorers in orlando.

I'll say it right now. i want orlando to win, but if boston advances... i want them to win cause of the shit kobe talked about them. "they don't wanna see me"

they saw yo ass already,kobe!!!!!!

Legend of Josh
05-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I never changed it to 5 or 6 I picked them to win in 5 or 6. Either way I think if Orlando makes the right adjustments they will win next game and the series. SVG is a great coach.

IMO, SVG is a Top 3 lock when it comes to greatest coaches in the league. Up until last year when his Magic team made the Finals, by far the most underrated coach in professional basketball.

willds09
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
before i start a thread, game 2 should be some a really good game. they've studied each other so we might see rondo go off and howard get some.

it really is good nba, even though i want magic to win. right now, the celtics look like cold blooded killaz. amazing defense, but that's with poor offense from the top scorers in orlando.

I'll say it right now. i want orlando to win, but if boston advances... i want them to win cause of the shit kobe talked about them. "they don't wanna see me"

they saw yo ass already,kobe!!!!!!
kobe will go balistic on tha celtics

beasly15
05-16-2010, 06:55 PM
kobe will go balistic on tha celtics

i wanna see that.

zORi
05-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Doesn't change the fact that Rondo is better.

He's not as effective when being guarded by PG's that are as quick as him.

Almost anyone can dominate Carlos Arroyo and Playoff-Mo.

willds09
05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
i wanna see that.
i dont know if u wanna witness that man :lol

MrUnstopable
05-16-2010, 06:57 PM
He's not as effective when being guarded by PG's that are as quick as him.

Almost anyone can dominate Carlos Arroyo and Playoff-Mo.
He sure doesn't look like a "Superstar" does he? Thats my point. He missed so many layups that he made the last 2 series. Different ball game.

Legend of Josh
05-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I am sure you have a better one right? Once again an Overreacting fan. Exhibit A.

You have to admit, there is much to be desired when it comes to Dwight's offensive game. If Dwight has a good game offensively, the Magic could have easily won considering how close they were in the end.

In the end it's a team effort, but going 3-10 in your most important game of the season thus far further illustrates Dwight has issues coming up big in big time games. This doesn't change the fact he's a superstar, but 3-10 surely isn't superstar numbers.

zORi
05-16-2010, 06:59 PM
He sure doesn't look like a "Superstar" does he? Thats my point. He missed so many layups that he made the last 2 series. Different ball game.

Exactly.

He's still a great player, but don't expect triple-doubles this time around. Not from him, any way.

Stan Van believes in adjustments.

mans1ay3r
05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Back in November when Orlando and Boston played, I remember Dwight Howard commenting on Perkins. Can't remember it word for word but it was something about Kendrick being the toughest defender against him. I'm sure there's a better source somewhere out there but this is what I could find..

http://sportsblog.projo.com/2009/11/orlandos-dwight.html

And we didn't have Rasheed at that time either. Does anyone remember Magic-Celtics last year? When Howard was complaining about not getting the ball? I hope they get him the ball, its not going to make a difference with Kendrick on him and Sheed ready to foul him before he even thinks about an easy shot. Over the summer, Perkins lost 20 something lbs so he could run up and down the court and mentioned something about keeping up with Dwight Howard. I think if Howard really wants to make a strong presence in this game, its going to be through defense because he's not suddenly going to become a scoring machine over Kendric, maybe other centers.

asdf1990
05-16-2010, 07:04 PM

just like dwight who looked like a bench scrub like last year against the lakers..

cotdt
05-16-2010, 07:06 PM
You have to admit, there is much to be desired when it comes to Dwight's offensive game. If Dwight has a good game offensively, the Magic could have easily won considering how close they were in the end.

In the end it's a team effort, but going 3-10 in your most important game of the season thus far further illustrates Dwight has issues coming up big in big time games. This doesn't change the fact he's a superstar, but 3-10 surely isn't superstar numbers.

The only reason it got close was because the Celtics lead was too big leading to complacency. I don't think this game was really close. Prime Shaq would have scored 43 points and won it, though.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 07:06 PM
i dont know if u wanna witness that man :lol

i'm from houston, i'm pretty sure i'll witness kobe eat up lebron.

that's what i think.

EDIT: kobe won't get through the celtics..

NoLayupsRule2
05-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Barnes doesn't look healthy, if he did, who knows what the game would have looked like. And if SVG figured out he was unhealthy earlier, Redick would have gotten more playing time and In my opinion Redick is a better defender than Barnes, and that's simply becasue of Brains. Barnes is more aggressive, but Redick is smarter on defense.

Rondo did not look huge on the scoring end today, but he did everything else. His defense was looking shaky against Jameer at the start of the 2nd half, but he picked it up when they called a timeout. Played like an All-NBA First Team defensive player like he was voted as this season.

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Back in November when Orlando and Boston played, I remember Dwight Howard commenting on Perkins. Can't remember it word for word but it was something about Kendrick being the toughest defender against him. I'm sure there's a better source somewhere out there but this is what I could find..

http://sportsblog.projo.com/2009/11/orlandos-dwight.html

And we didn't have Rasheed at that time either. Does anyone remember Magic-Celtics last year? When Howard was complaining about not getting the ball? I hope they get him the ball, its not going to make a difference with Kendrick on him and Sheed ready to foul him before he even thinks about an easy shot. Over the summer, Perkins lost 20 something lbs so he could run up and down the court and mentioned something about keeping up with Dwight Howard. I think if Howard really wants to make a strong presence in this game, its going to be through defense because he's not suddenly going to become a scoring machine over Kendric, maybe other centers.

You had Rasheed in November.

Dwight got 5 (in November), 16 (second highest behind Vince in February), 19 (second highest behind Rashard in January), and 9 (second lowest on the team in November).

He definitely has trouble with Perk, but he can get around him (especially since the ASG break). Sheed's stupid ass was present for all of those (sorry for the cheap shot, but I never liked the guy).

Don't let one bad game sway your opinion.

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:13 PM

He has the highest FG% in the league! For the second year in a row!!

You can say he is lacking an offensive repertoire, but you can't say his offense is lacking. The man can score. Efficiently, at that.

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
The only reason it got close was because the Celtics lead was too big leading to complacency. I don't think this game was really close. Prime Shaq would have scored 43 points and won it, though.

Prime Shaq would be having a long-standing beef with Jameer over not getting the ball enough, and then leaving.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2010, 07:15 PM

You can say he is lacking an offensive repertoire, but you can't say his offense is lacking. The man can score. Efficiently, at that.

Perk was top 5 or so, and he's a terrible offensive player :oldlol:

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Too bad you guys don't have Hedo anymore, dont see you coming back without him

LOL get back to me in 2 weeks.

MK2V1GP
LOL @ Magic fans defending Dwight. He's a great player, he's just not great offensively. He depends on 3 things:

Bullying smaller/weaker defenders and plowing through them for dunks
offensive putbacks
guard penetration allowing Howard easy finishes

He's just not a go-to low post guy with lots of post moves. This has been the story for the past 3 playoffs.

DuMa
Series is going 6 or 7 games.

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Perk was top 5 or so, and he's a terrible offensive player :oldlol:

Difference is, Perk usually takes under 10 shots per game, and JUST managed 10 ppg for the first time in his career. :roll: :roll:

NoLayupsRule2
05-16-2010, 07:19 PM

What are you talking about? This was his first year leading the league in FG%. Anyways, Dwight does lack an offensive repetoire, because if he didn't he shouldn't have a problem scoring against Perkins, Sheed or Baby. Actually, he doesn't have that much of a problem with Baby but he does against Perk and Sheed.

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
What are you talking about? This was his first year leading the league in FG%. Anyways, Dwight does lack an offensive repetoire, because if he didn't he shouldn't have a problem scoring against Perkins, Sheed or Baby. Actually, he doesn't have that much of a problem with Baby but he does against Perk and Sheed.

My mistake, it was blks and rbs, I keep mixing it up with FG% and rbs.

The point remains the same, though.

Take Your Lumps
05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
I can't believe Orlando got it down to 2 playing like they did for 3 1/2 quarters.

This series is going to be a dog fight to the end.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I can't believe Orlando got it down to 2 playing like they did for 3 1/2 quarters.

This series is going to be a dog fight to the end.

if howard keeps actin' like a b*tch.. they're done. (no disrespect)

VIP2000
05-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I still think the Magic will win the series (although in six or seven games), and hopefully today's game was because they were rusty. Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis need to hit their shots.

zORi
05-16-2010, 07:34 PM
if howard keeps actin' like a b*tch.. they're done. (no disrespect)

I don't know if I'd say the same way you said it, but I do agree.

Dwight's gotta step it up. If he had even an OK game (or if Shard did), we would've been good.

knickscity
05-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Rashard can't go 0 for 6 anymore either if they want to win.

They can't hit their first three in the third either.

It aint just Dwight.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't know if I'd say the same way you said it, but I do agree.

Dwight's gotta step it up. If he had even an OK game (or if Shard did), we would've been good.

i think i quoted you in another thread. no doubt, howard let us down..

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Difference is, Perk usually takes under 10 shots per game, and JUST managed 10 ppg for the first time in his career. :roll: :roll:

True... I still love him though (no homo :lol)

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 07:39 PM
It'll be 2-2 heading back to Orlando. Whoever wins game 5 will finish this series off in 6.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-16-2010, 07:40 PM
either way i am going to be intrigued. obviously celtics-la is going to be great. but orl-la not to shabby either. I want to see Vince and Kobe go at it. just like 10 years ago when everybody though Vince was the more talented of the two.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
either way i am going to be intrigued. obviously celtics-la is going to be great. but orl-la not to shabby either. I want to see Vince and Kobe go at it. just like 10 years ago when everybody though Vince was the more talented of the two.

vc vs. kobe is ppv material. they've been at it for years... vc is dunk god and kobe has just been kobe. vince said that kobe gets away with murder, and that's cool. they really hate each other on the court. check that "you tube video" when vince asks mcgrady what he thinks about that... "ahhh, nevermind". 81 points.

i feel good that i was able to be at vince's last shoe all-star day. i had vince's 1st and last "slam" cover magazine in my hand that day. i waived them in the air and i think he saw that. he waived his hand. that was cool.

zORi
05-16-2010, 08:12 PM
True... I still love him though (no homo :lol)

Truthfully, he's one of the Celtics that I actually like (along with Rondo, Allen, and Doc).

I like a guy who has no problem being the 4rth-5th option, but still guards the guys that are next to unstoppable (I like Thabo on the Thunder, too).

zORi
05-16-2010, 08:19 PM
vc vs. kobe is ppv material. they've been at it for years... vc is dunk god and kobe has just been kobe. vince said that kobe gets away with murder, and that's cool. they really hate each other on the court. check that "you tube video" when vince asks mcgrady what he thinks about that... "ahhh, nevermind". 81 points.

i feel good that i was able to be at vince's last shoe all-star day. i had vince's 1st and last "slam" cover magazine in my hand that day. i waived them in the air and i think he saw that. he waived his hand. that was cool.

I'd like to see that, actually.

What do I search up on YouTube?

Funnyfuka
05-16-2010, 08:22 PM
i have to admit im impressed by the celtics. If they keep playing that way until the end they going to win it. I think they re too cold blooded and experienced, have a way too powerful team chemistry for even aging lakers to resist.
Every and each of the Celtics players seem to be at their top right at the moment.

Doc rivers vs phil jackson is going to be ****ing GREAT. They re by far the best coaches and it shows, it's going to be tough finals.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 08:26 PM

all star weekend. it's so easy to catch. (man, ima go get it.)

if you know what's up, it's so easy to catch.

for real.vince dissed mcgrady cause he wasn't invited to the party. vince said : what do you think about..."nevermind". talking about kobe."

AK47DR91
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm not to concern about blowing the 20+ point lead because Rondo and Garnett didn't do much offensively.

If one of them actually step up in the 4th then the game would have not been close.

Pierce and Ray were great all game long. Sheed, Perks, Davis and Tony all did their jobs.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 08:48 PM

search the vc and mcgrady all star.

vc and kobe is the perfect matchup. for real. kobe is the better player but he can't f*ck with vc dunks. he admitted it. i love mr.720, but he never went againist some serious competition. 720 dunked against fools that didn't contest while VC was a pro and dunked on 8everybody in the NBA. i bought all the nba cd's.

*****, vc is crowned dog, i bought vc thangs.

vince is the N*gga. i put my word on it. i seriously think that VC can take dawgs out, if you jump off one leg, yous a *****.

i know, thangs, playay,

VINCE, you better respect me, cause i'm not stupid.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 08:50 PM
i don't hoe off. check game. it's all respect.

don't be all *******, you play good.

cotdt
05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Everyone did their job well except Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
search the vc and mcgrady all star.

vc and kobe is the perfect matchup. for real. kobe is the better player but he can't f*ck with vc dunks. he admitted it. i love mr.720, but he never went againist some serious competition. 720 dunked against fools that didn't contest while VC was a pro and dunked on 8everybody in the NBA. i bought all the nba cd's.

*****, vc is crowned dog, i bought vc thangs.

vince is the N*gga. i put my word on it. i seriously think that VC can take dawgs out, if you jump off one leg, yous a *****.

i know, thangs, playay,

VINCE, you better respect me, cause i'm not stupid.

jesus christ. i respect you before vince. you know it's a good game.
vince has something to say! as long as we ain't robbed. we were good *****!
it's all playa, baby! you doggin' mother****"s.

game on.

well, i'm not a b*TCH. JOSE ALDO IS A GOD. i don't feel right.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Everyone did their job well except Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis.

i wish you weren't right. LET THEM LIVE. come through playa.

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
This series will go at least 6 games, but I don't see the Magic winning. They don't have any killers; the Boston Celtics have 4.

ElPigto
05-16-2010, 09:09 PM

Here is the problem with this.... Yes, Dwight can finish around the basket very well, and yes Dwight can hit his hook shot every once in a while, however, his offense is just THAT!

See, when you don't have many moves to go to, it is easy to guard you. The reason most good defensive centers (like Perkins, Yao, etc) are able to make Dwight Howards life difficult is because he doesn't have an offensive game at all. If he only had a few post moves, he would be okay. His footwork is downright horrible, he looks like a freakin robot in the post sometimes. He is really bad offensively when he isn't getting easy putbacks or he is facing a legit defender at center that is both strong and long.

The reason Dwight had such an easy time with Horford is because Horford is shorter than him plus he isn't strong enough to hold Dwight off. However, Perkins and Sheed are able to stand their ground against Dwight therefore the Celtics don't really need to double team Dwight at all. When you don't double Dwight, then it is tough for the Magic to get any rhythm what so ever due to their offense heavily relying on the three point shot. Also, with Dwight being single guarded, the lane is also clogged, which doesn't allow easy drive ins.

Honestly, I wanted the Magic to go to the finals, but Celtics are going to have an easy time guarding Dwight and that's going to mess up Orlando's three point attack since defenders aren't running at them to close out but rather are already in their face, therefore making it difficult for Magic players to get off shots.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
mr. 720 on thangs is the best. but if he calls himself out to vince (in puerto rico) he losses. 720 is my favorite but nobody tests him in public thangs. i love that he saved it till houston thangs, fa sho. you know, n*gga! that was bad. h-town put you down....N*gggA!!!!!!!! fo yo asss!!! represented some real ass shIt ALL over the worrld. n*gga, nobobody is mad at you,dAWG. that's. houston's thangs at you fool. it''s thick down here, fool. l.kizzle. let me know.

gyu
05-16-2010, 09:17 PM
In regards to the VC - McGrady all star interview when he said nevermind he was going to say 'What do you think of him doing it on TORONTO' but he didn't. He didn't stop talking about it because he hates Kobe, in that interview he DID talk about it and how special it was.

Edit: here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_FJBMoJiA&feature=PlayList&p=78DF03D846382C37&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=59

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Wait, so people think that Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady don't like Kobe? I always got the vibe they respected his game.

gyu
05-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Wait, so people think that Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady don't like Kobe? I always got the vibe they respected his game.
Yeah same here

DuMa
05-16-2010, 09:23 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S_CZOH0_UEI/AAAAAAAADNI/q2eT9x0GM9Y/s1600/36.jpg

beasly15
05-16-2010, 09:23 PM

vince is nike. mcgradry is adidas. learn something.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S_CZOH0_UEI/AAAAAAAADNI/q2eT9x0GM9Y/s1600/36.jpg

rondo: the best. respect old b*tches. respect.

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
vince is nike. mcgradry is adidas. learn something.

What? Are you drunk, stupid, or mentally retarded? Is your IQ above 100? What the **** are you talking about? :oldlol: :wtf:

beasly15
05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
What? Are you drunk, stupid, or mentally retarded? Is your IQ above 100? What the **** are you talking about? :oldlol: :wtf:

i must be mistaken. dom't take a chance.aldo is against you. try an angle. good for for you.i respect an care about you.. take care of yourself. put one down.. this is a loss being taken but i don't even know how to take it.

don't even listen. that's jose aldo. watch yourself, boy!!!!

rondo9
05-16-2010, 09:34 PM
they have a lot of heart and i have a feeling they think this is there last run and have to make it a special one.

Derka
05-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Ugly win, but a win all the same. Awesome, AWESOME game to watch though...the feelings I had the whole way are really what playoff basketball is all about to us fans, don't you all agree?

Not at all pleased with losing 16 points of a healthy lead in less than a quarter. Lazy defense and poor offensive decision making as a result led to that. Credit the Magic for seizing the opportunity and giving Boston a collective heart-attack. Vince and Jameer stepped up big for that team. Also, credit JJ Reddick and Marcin Gortat for giving solid minutes off their bench.

You can damn well expect Orlando to come out smoking hot on Tuesday. Hope my guys are ready to play 48 minutes of basketball this time, not just 36.

BIG FURB
05-16-2010, 09:57 PM
i must be mistaken. dom't take a chance.aldo is against you. try an angle. good for for you.i respect an care about you.. take care of yourself. put one down.. this is a loss being taken but i don't even know how to take it.

serious question, are you high right now?

beasly15
05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
mr. 720 on thangs is the best. but if he calls himself out to vince (in puerto rico) he losses. 720 is my favorite but nobody tests him in public thangs. i love that he saved it till houston thangs, fa sho. you know, n*gga! that was bad. h-town put you down....N*gggA!!!!!!!! fo yo asss!!! represented some real ass shIt ALL over the worrld. n*gga, nobobody is mad at you,dAWG. that's. houston's thangs at you fool. it''s thick down here, fool. l.kizzle. let me know.

i know what you're sayinG: better than VINCE: vince dunked on top nba defenders. playground boys didn't test. i love 720 but you can't diss vince. i think both of them could've came through. let me talk to 720. i know he loves vince.that's on thangs and i appreciate that he came through in h-town. everybody respects h-town cause we respect everybody else. overgrown is all h-town, baby. n*ggas be dunking for real. i"ll call it, up there is coldest. on thangs. for real.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 10:04 PM
serious question, are you high right now?

not high.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
not high. kinda high.

vince and 720 are coldest dunkers.

720 dunked on non-contestants at 11 ft. while vince disrespected the the world in our face. i'm mexican and i feel disrespected. the fro and bro problems. you can't help but reach for the real problem.

how the hell do you jump over somebody???

'he jumped over his head!"'

seriously... kg is his boy, but why would you jump over somebody!" 15 at the end, playa. that's down thangs...

beasly15
05-16-2010, 10:17 PM
i know what you're sayinG: better than VINCE: vince dunked on top nba defenders. playground boys didn't test. i love 720 but you can't diss vince. i think both of them could've came through. let me talk to 720. i know he loves vince.that's on thangs and i appreciate that he came through in h-town. everybody respects h-town cause we respect everybody else. overgrown is all h-town, baby. n*ggas be dunking for real. i"ll call it, up there is coldest. on thangs. for real.

call me tomorrow..

beasly15
05-16-2010, 10:31 PM

i'm talking interesting thangs.

a good game is a good game. boston is on top of their game.

interesting on thangs.. gotta give them props, thang giver.

there you go :bowdown:

give props where props are due..

beasly15
05-16-2010, 10:46 PM
call me tomorrow..

for some reason, everybody loves to spread out houston. it can be 300 mile and still be greater houston. h-town is h-town. it's either southside, northside, nortwest,southside, southwest, and eastside and greater northwest with greater north. it gets deeps everywhere. nobody wants to get dissed but y'all thug muthha****as kno it's on. houston is a known city that gets spread out.

beasly15
05-16-2010, 11:05 PM
i'm talking interesting thangs.

a good game is a good game. boston is on top of their game.

interesting on thangs.. gotta give them props, thang giver.

there you go :bowdown:

give props where props are due..

houston fools are hard headed.

that's the bad thing on being known..

zORi
05-16-2010, 11:27 PM
What the hell are you doing?? Are you ok?

beasly15
05-16-2010, 11:47 PM

i'm cool, man.

i can get carried away at some times. it all good.

beasly15
05-17-2010, 12:44 AM

don't ask me, i picked orlando from day 1. vince will represent, it's up to everybody else to show up.

Duranthebest
05-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Paul Pierce was the best player on the floor.

AK47DR91
05-17-2010, 12:57 AM
don't ask me, i picked orlando from day 1. vince will represent, it's up to everybody else to show up.

Nelson was good too.

beasly15
05-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Nelson was good too.

yeah. that's a very good improvement since he didn't really play in the big games last year. i like nelson. that boys is street. he'll score no matter what.

he's just coming in telliing everybody, this is how you play ball.

vince is doing his thang.

beasly15
05-17-2010, 01:49 AM
my bad, dawgs.... i'm pretty buzzed.

don't get offended. i don't diss unless i get dissed.

enjoy yo'self. i just chill.

beasly15
05-17-2010, 02:06 AM
it's kinda "something" that this thread was labeled like that.

not very professional.

All Net
05-17-2010, 02:49 AM
I actually predicted Boston would win game 1, had a feeling they would steal it but they dominated the Magic for most of the game. As good as Orlando are when their threes aren't falling they will lose. Thats why depending on the three alone is dangerous. More so If Dwight isn't able to attack the defense. Problem going forward for Orlando is how well Boston continues to guard Dwight. Sheed has always given him trouble and obviously Perkins gives him gifts. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

MMM
05-17-2010, 03:36 AM
I don't understand why Howard uses the weakest part of his offensive game to go up against 2 solid defenders. Shouldn't Howard be using more of his athleticism in pick and roll situations and what not. Gortot for example did a good job of giving Orl some spark off the bench by playing without the ball and getting east attempts. Why didn't Howard make a similar adjustmet??? Btw if this was a wing player who kept banging his head against the wall and not changing up his game people would be claiming that said player was selfish, has a huge ego, etc.

Apples
05-17-2010, 03:52 AM
The latest breakdown from BBallBreakdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Uerlpwm2U

MMM
05-17-2010, 04:32 AM
The latest breakdown from BBallBreakdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Uerlpwm2U

I agree with him that Orl played badly but the Celtics played just as poor and in the end it shows in the final score so Orl can play better and probably will but so can the Celtics.

BTW itis interesting that he says that VC needs to win the match up with Pierce yet he also mentions that VC can't guard Pierce's iso's so it is going to be interesting if Orl has to commit another defender. A guy like Barnes can be an option if VC can't slow Pierce but he is dealing with back issues. Also I'm not sure they want VC chasing Ray Allen around.

Harison
05-17-2010, 06:57 AM
I agree with him that Orl played badly but the Celtics played just as poor and in the end it shows in the final score so Orl can play better and probably will but so can the Celtics.

BTW itis interesting that he says that VC needs to win the match up with Pierce yet he also mentions that VC can't guard Pierce's iso's so it is going to be interesting if Orl has to commit another defender. A guy like Barnes can be an option if VC can't slow Pierce but he is dealing with back issues. Also I'm not sure they want VC chasing Ray Allen around.
I agree its on Carter (and also on Nelson) to carry the Magic, problem is - Carter isnt known for his consistency, Nelson is, but he has Rondo chasing him.

Lewis is near useless with Garnett on him (we'll hear how worthless Rashard is, same as Jamison before, with little respect to KG what he is doing to them).

Harison
05-17-2010, 07:04 AM
About coaching: where are those guys who said SVG is much better than Doc? 1st game showed who had better strategy, and who outcoached who. Lets see how coaches will adjust going forward, so far Doc 1 - SVG 0.

cteach111
05-17-2010, 07:22 AM
I agree its on Carter (and also on Nelson) to carry the Magic, problem is - Carter isnt known for his consistency, Nelson is, but he has Rondo chasing him.

Lewis is near useless with Garnett on him (we'll hear how worthless Rashard is, same as Jamison before, with little respect to KG what he is doing to them).

if the Magic have to trust Carter to carry them this series... theyll lose. The Magic are just playing into their hands by freezing everyone else out except Carter.

This game was an exact replica of their Christmas game. The only way the Celtics are losing by that strategy is if they have bad shooting nights... and since the Magic are one of the best perimeter shooting teams in the league.. I think they'll take at least 2 games in this series.

I picked the Celtics in 6, but going 7 is obviously no surprise either.

It's A VC3!!!
05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
This was a very rare game for the Magic... Celtics fans don't get too happy.
1.Rashard Lewis went 0-6 from the 3 point line, that never happens
2.The Magic haven't taken a lead the whole game...First time this season that's happened to them.
3.Ray Allen isn't accustomed to scoring 25 points in a playoff game ecpecially at this time in his career, so don't expect it to happen again.

Overall I am disturbed by this loss because as much as Rashard was struggeling, SVG should NOT have kept him playing as long as he did. He should have put Ryan Anderson in for a few offensive rebounds and a three or 2, so bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

In game 2 the magic need to go more to vince and jameer and less to dwight. I am going to be straight up and say that dwight will not do a lot of damage this series because i feel like the celtics will contain him the whole series.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
2.The Magic haven't taken a lead the whole game...First time this season that's happened to them.
3.Ray Allen isn't accustomed to scoring 25 points in a playoff game ecpecially at this time in his career, so don't expect it to happen again.

Overall I am disturbed by this loss because as much as Rashard was struggeling, SVG should NOT have kept him playing as long as he did. He should have put Ryan Anderson in for a few offensive rebounds and a three or 2, so bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

In game 2 the magic need to go more to vince and jameer and less to dwight. I am going to be straight up and say that dwight will not do a lot of damage this series because i feel like the celtics will contain him the whole series.

He scored 51 last year, are you saying his production has HALVED since then? :confusedshrug:

dutchguy
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM

1. It happened. He's 0-6 because he's being defended
2. This is not the season it's the playoffs
3. Allen averaged 24ppg in playoffs before joining the celtics

bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

I think Dwight will be up and down, from 20p when getting celts in foul trouble to 6p when in foultrouble himself.
Regarding svg. He might be better in X&O, but that's only half the story.

Kasper
05-17-2010, 10:34 AM

Allen has already scored 25 points three times in this years playoffs on 8-13, 8-16, and 9-13 shooting. He also scored 22 on 8-15 shooting and 24 on 9-15 shooting in this years playoffs.

mans1ay3r
05-17-2010, 11:02 AM

That is such a terrible line. You aren't making Celtics fans unhappy at all because you aren't stating facts, and you clearly don't really watch the Celtics play often. Ray had several 20+ games in the playoffs at this time in his career. Period.

Its been talked to death about the Celtics is that they don't need one person to score 25+ like other teams. One person isn't playing well (ie Pierce) others pick it up. I remember when Ray was on that shooting slump, couldn't hit anything from the field.. it was alright though because others picked it up. But back to the point, Ray is perfectly capable of high scoring when needed.

JohnnySic
05-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Yup, and people should be able to see this stuff coming.

Kujo
05-17-2010, 11:06 AM
When the Magic aren't raining 3's, they're extremely vulnerable. They're not going to beat the C's if they're not knocking down 3's. It's pretty simple.

Dwight needs to represent some sort of threat in the post as well.

I think the Magic were effected by there week off, and will bounce back in game 2.

dutchguy
05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Question to Magic fans/experts:
The only thing I'm seeing in the first half from the magic is pcik&roll from Nelson/VC with Howard. In my memory svg always got everyone involved, but I don't seen anything.

Is it just me?

edit: 6:29 2nd Q play for VC

zORi
05-17-2010, 01:37 PM

This man has an undying faith in Shard.

Even if Rashard is having a terrible night and Ryan is having a great one, he'll still put Rashard in in the 4th, and would still draw up a play to let him get the final shot. Not really sure why, though.

I also doubt Dwight will have a huge series, but he needs to at least be effective in order for us to win.

zizozain
05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
where is beasly15 :rant

zORi
05-17-2010, 02:01 PM

I don't agree with that.

I definitely think Shard's points will be down because KG is good, but Josh Smith was no slouch either.

I honestly agree with the Bballbreakdown guy, the Carter/Pierce matchup will probably decide the series. Not by itself (obviously), but it will play the biggest part. Along with Shard/Garnett.

ashbelly
05-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm a trolling loser who just wants to taunt Magic fans.

So, my post was deleted and turned into a reasonable discussion.

So, let's discuss why the Magic lost game 1 to the Celtics.

mmsupra
05-17-2010, 02:48 PM
No Boston kicked are ass period. They cut lanes off and fronted well but we were little rusty in the begining that does not explain how we cut it too 4 then was behind 20. I said the C's were gonna play the Cavs well and could beat them when many said yea right. We have to play better and limit turnovers and hit some more of our shots and we will be fine. The C's D is awesome but so is the Magic's. I think this will go 7.

For_Three
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
No Boston kicked are ass period. They cut lanes off and fronted well but we were little rusty in the begining that does not explain how we cut it too 4 then was behind 20. I said the C's were gonna play the Cavs well and could beat them when many said yea right. We have to play better and limit turnovers and hit some more of our shots and we will be fine. The C's D is awesome but so is the Magic's. I think this will go 7.

Great Reply

Take Your Lumps
05-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I see there's lots of people here frothing at the mouth wishing for Orlando's demise...but as a fan...I don't know. I'm just not worried :confusedshrug:

Now, if they lose game 2 -- that's cause for real concern. As of now, they just need to win tomorrow and take care of business in Boston. I think they'll be fine.

NY-Knicks
05-17-2010, 03:12 PM
they just got beaten, but even though Boston whooped their a sses in the third quarter the Magic managed to get back into the game and lost by four points. It shows that this team can definitely beat Boston, it should be very interesting and the next game will be very important for Orlando.

ashbelly
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
they just got beaten, but even though Boston whooped their a sses in the third quarter the Magic managed to get back into the game and lost by four points. It shows that this team can definitely beat Boston, it should be very interesting and the next game will be very important for Orlando.

man, in the 4th qtr, doc rivers didnt call a timeout until the last final 5 minutes, even Van gundy and mark jackson were saying Doc is letting rondo just run the team. They were in cruise mode at that time becuase of the lead. Don't let the final score fool you.

TrueRob
05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Naturally, most fans do not want to accept that their team may not be good enough to win. So, they come up with all kinds of excuses such as 'the other team wanted it more', 'my team's in a slump', 'my team isn't trying hard enough' etc. I'm rooting for Boston, and if the C's got dominated the way the Magic did in game 1, I'd be a little worried.

If you've seen some Boston games, you'd know that when they build big leads, they tend to let up a little on their defense. I expect the Celtics to win game 2 unless someone on the Magic has a monster game.

NY-Knicks
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
man, in the 4th qtr, doc rivers didnt call a timeout until the last final 5 minutes, even Van gundy and mark jackson were saying Doc is letting rondo just run the team. They were in cruise mode at that time becuase of the lead. Don't let the final score fool you.

I saw the game and I know they said that. It was bad coaching, I agree. But; the Magic did show they could play with the C's. It was the two threes in a row (don't remember who they came from) that capped their run in the fourth. It is that PP won't play like this every game and Dwight will elevate his game, I don't doubt that. It will be close. But as we all know the Celtics tend to give away big leads, a 20 point lead means nothing. Of course Rasheed and Vince are inconsistent and that might be a difference.

AMISTILLILL
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM

How does yesterday being the first time Orlando haven't taken a lead in a game factor in to this AT ALL? Even if they took the lead at two different points in the game the Celtics still outworked them in every facet of the game and came out with the win. People denouncing Boston's accomplishment yesterday are the same people who would be talking up Orlando "making a statement" if they won instead.

Ray Allen scored 30, 28, 51, and 23 in the first round of the playoffs last year. 23 and 22 against the Magic which is not a stretch from 25.

Rashard Lewis isn't as much of a factor as he was last year due to Garnett's return and resurgence. It isn't a fluke that he's having trouble getting off good shots over Garnett's length and pestering defense.

Basically, I don't get your post.

ashbelly
05-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I saw the game and I know they said that. It was bad coaching, I agree. But; the Magic did show they could play with the C's. It was the two threes in a row (don't remember who they came from) that capped their run in the fourth. It is that PP won't play like this every game and Dwight will elevate his game, I don't doubt that. It will be close. But as we all know the Celtics tend to give away big leads, a 20 point lead means nothing.

Who on the Magic can stop paul pierce ? You must not be familiar with Paul pierce's works. Dwight has a big Problem in his hands( Sheed/Big baby/Perkins/Williams/) and the celtics defense is disciplined, this is why they are able to shut down the 3pt shot.

MMM
05-17-2010, 03:43 PM
One thing that is not being metion is Orlando's ball distribution was terrible 10 assist on 32 made baskets is an indicator of a lack of a distributor. When they can't create open shots for others out of Howard's double team then where are they going to find the open 3's that their offense is based on. As good as VC was last night the Celtics can live with him having a big game because frankly he isn't very good in finding others.

RonRon37
05-17-2010, 03:47 PM
its a 7 game series not a 1 game series this one will go 7 orlando can still win

NY-Knicks
05-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Who on the Magic can stop paul pierce ? You must not be familiar with Paul pierce's works. Dwight has a big Problem in his hands( Sheed/Big baby/Perkins/Williams/) and the celtics defense is disciplined, this is why they are able to shut down the 3pt shot.

yesyes, I know. But if you look closely at Pierce's iso situations a lot of plays end up becoming pull-ups or stepbacks from midrange (he hasnt been consistent in hitting those in the playoffs). Dwight has a problem and always had with Perkins, but he won't play much worse than last night. He seemed really dissapointed in himself. He will be motivated enough to put up a decent performance. The difference will be if their spot-up shooters can get on a roll early on in the games.

BIG FURB
05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
One thing that is not being metion is Orlando's ball distribution was terrible 10 assist on 32 made baskets is an indicator of a lack of a distributor. When they can't create open shots for others out of Howard's double team then where are they going to find the open 3's that their offense is based on. As good as VC was last night the Celtics can live with him having a big game because frankly he isn't very good in finding others.

Hey, I didn't know Jon Barry posted here. Vince is as good as any SG at finding the open man, but he's not the initiator of the offense on the magic, Nelson is. And there might have been more assists for the Magic if they hit the open shots they got (they did miss a few of these) and had been more patient with their offense. But you gotta credit Boston's D for taking them out of their comfort zone and missing those shots. Still, they scored 56 points in the second half, so they did get themselves back on track offensively

zORi
05-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Perk is the only legitimate threat of those 4.

Sheed just tries to provoke him and piss him off (which is beyond pathetic), and Glen was flopping (which is just sad), and if Sheldon is playing, then that means one (or more) of those other 3 are ****ing up.

I'm more worried about KG on Shard.

dkmwise
05-18-2010, 09:01 AM

Sheed just tries to provoke him and piss him off (which is beyond pathetic), and Glen was flopping (which is just sad), and if Sheldon is playing, then that means one (or more) of those other 3 are ****ing up.

Sheed trying to provoke him is strategy. As amazing a player as Dwight is I don't think anyone had ever accused him (or his coach) of being mentally tough. If Sheed can get under his skin then he is doing his job.

Jeannot
05-20-2010, 07:31 AM

I have to disagree. Perkins did a great job indeed, but so did Wallace.
And he is not trying to 'piss him off' he is defending Howard well.
What's beyond pathetic is Howard smiling the whole time when his team is doing good (Bobcats, Hawks) and when he has a rough time he starts playing like this. Also when he 'tried' to 'block' PP, he went up with his other hand, then he went down with the other one straight to the head. It kind of looked that was on purpose. Also, Glen Davis has been more useful for the Celtics then Howard for the Magic through this series in my opinion.