PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant on Game 7 in 2006 Phoenix Series

Heilige
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted are not:

In the spring of 2006, did you tank the second half of Game 7 of the first-round series against the Phoenix Suns?

"People who say that are stupid," Bryant said. "That's just stupid."

It has been the most renowned on-court controversy of his career. For four years it has trailed him and nagged him like a scrap of toilet paper dancing under his high-tops.

So perhaps it should be no surprise that, in a rare interview about the painful subject Saturday, Bryant attacked it like it was Kevin Durant and plowed over it like it was Wesley Matthews.

"It's outlandish, the amount of irresponsibility people have, throwing out statements like that," he said.

The question is news again because on Monday, the Lakers begin a Western Conference finals series against the Suns. The issue is topical again because last week, folks accused LeBron James of sabotaging the Cleveland Cavaliers in a halfhearted effort in Game 5 of their losing series against the Boston Celtics.

Many thought Bryant did the same thing four years ago in the eighth-seeded Lakers showdown game against the top-seeded Suns.

Attempting to finish one of the greatest upsets in Laker history in Game 7, Bryant scored 23 points in the first half, yet the Lakers trailed 60-45. It was clear then that Bryant just didn't have enough help. He was burdened with Kwame Brown's slowness, Smush Parker's foolishness, and other pieces that just didn't fit.

In the second half, a frustrated Bryant seemingly made this point when he stopped shooting and, some say, stopped playing. He took only three shots in the half, scored but one point, and the Lakers lost the game, 121-90.

I was there. I thought it was Bryant making a statement. I don't think he purposely tried to lose, but I thought he was sending a message to the front office to clean up this mess.

"It was selfish, it was silly," I wrote.

Turns out, I was being kind. Many others around the league openly accused him of openly tanking the game, their chorus led by TNT's Charles Barkley, who called Bryant selfish and ranted enough that Bryant later appeared on the TNT show to defend himself.

Four years later, even after leading the Lakers to a Shaq-less title, Bryant continues to be haunted by the perception that Barkley was right.

"Barkley was stupid, he didn't watch the game, lots of people who were critical of me didn't even watch the game," Bryant said.

So what happened?

"To get back in the game, we needed somebody else to start making shots," Bryant said. "I was just trying to get the other guys going, turn the momentum around."

It didn't work. The Lakers scored four baskets in the first eight minutes of the third quarter, trailed by 22, and the game was over.

'"I really tried to help everyone else, it just never happened, we missed shots, they got run-outs, three, three, three, and all of the sudden, the game was out of reach," Bryant said. "I had been successful doing that before, other guys start making shots, the energy picks up, we get back in the game. But nobody saw those games."

So what about the idea that he was making a statement? And that maybe that statement worked? Because of that loss, and the following year's first-round loss to Phoenix, the Lakers eventually rid themselves of Parker and Brown, and acquired Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol.

"Hell, no," he said, shaking his head in amazement. "That's not my thought process. I don't think like that. I think about one thing and one thing only, and that's kicking butt."

Bryant shook his head in apparent amazement.

"If I'm going to send a message to the front office, I'm going to do it by going up there and raising hell," he said. "There is no way I'm going to be doing it on the court, losing a game. That's not who I am."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0516-plaschke-20100516,0,4696700,full.column

catch24
05-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for this. I knew Kobe didn't quit in that second half like some people have been saying...I watched the entire game, and he could do NOTHING about the Suns scoring at will (they lost the previous game when Kobe dropped 50 iirc).

CeoTypeDoe619
05-16-2010, 08:20 PM
What do you expect 23 points in first half and still down by 15. Phoenix was just scoring WAY to much. Phil told Kobe got to get team involved cant beat phoenix by scoring 50 60 points. To bad Kwame brown went 1-9 missing 2 foot hooks just at half time.

Knoe Itawl
05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for this. I knew Kobe didn't quit in that second half like some people have been saying...I watched the entire game, and he could do NOTHING about the Suns scoring at will (they lost the previous game when Kobe dropped 50 iirc).

:oldlol: So because he SAYS he didn't quit he didn't quit? Do you really think he would own up to it? Guess what? OJ SAYS he didn't kill his wife! At any rate, I'm not going to rehash this because it's been discussed many, many times. I'll just say that to those of us who watched the game (oh, and it wasn't about JUST his scoring, it was about him hanging out at the perimeter swinging the ball the ENTIRE half, not penetrating, not screening, not slashing, etc.) it was clear.

His fanboys will defend him to the day they die (all while crucifying LeBron of course), but even HONEST Laker/Kobe fans I've seen have said something wasw up.

cotdt
05-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Kobe Bryant is my hero. I've always known, and believed in him.

The_Yearning
05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Kobe is going to murder the Suns. Lakers in 4.

CeoTypeDoe619
05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
:oldlol: So because he SAYS he didn't quit he didn't quit? Do you really think he would own up to it? Guess what? OJ SAYS he didn't kill his wife! At any rate, I'm not going to rehash this because it's been discussed many, many times. I'll just say that to those of us who watched the game (oh, and it wasn't about JUST his scoring, it was about him hanging out at the perimeter swinging the ball the ENTIRE half, not penetrating, not screening, not slashing, etc.) it was clear.

His fanboys will defend him to the day they die (all while crucifying LeBron of course), but even HONEST Laker/Kobe fans I've seen have said something wasw up.
Lol. I Think this guy stays on this board day n night waiting for Kobe threads.

OmniStrife
05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Amazing how skillful the Lakers fans are at typing replies using only one hand.
:lol

catch24
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM

It's not just because HE said it. I've always contended him 'tanking' this game was a pure myth. Phil asked Kobe to stop shooting the ball and start get his teammates INVOLVED. While I do agree ONE shot in the second half was ridiculous, there was no way LA was gonna win anyway. Their defense that series was the reason they blew that 3-1 series lead. I don't know what 'fanboys' you were referring to, but I haven't crucified LeBron at all really. Did he play sheepish and shady during game 5? Yes, but I don't think he QUIT per se (similar to Kobe in 2006 except it was ALREADY a blowout. The Cavs/Boston series was close during the last few minutes of game 6.)

Showtime
05-16-2010, 08:36 PM
If you want to get others involved, you don't give them the ball and get out of their way. You make yourself a threat to the defense, where they focus on you, and then you create for others and make the game easier. We have seen that version of Kobe before, where a balanced attack leads to easy baskets. Kobe's idea that he was just trying to help others by getting out of their way and not doing anything to make himself a threat is laughable, especially to anybody who says he has the highest ball IQ in the game.

BFRESH44
05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
If you want to get others involved, you don't give them the ball and get out of their way. You make yourself a threat to the defense, where they focus on you, and then you create for others and make the game easier. We have seen that version of Kobe before, where a balanced attack leads to easy baskets. Kobe's idea that he was just trying to help others by getting out of their way and not doing anything to make himself a threat is laughable, especially to anybody who says he has the highest ball IQ in the game.

Fantastic reply. :pimp:

Batz
05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I'll never get what people want. Bryant scored 50 in game 6, they lost and everybody called him a hog. The media, coach jackson and fans told him to pass more. He did it in game 7, they still lost and everyone says he choked and tanked the game.

Nothing will ever be good enough... smh...

Coach Jackson specifically told him to pass the ball. The plan was to give Smush the ball and attack Nash. They tried it, it had no affect, the suns started hitting easy buckets and threes very quickly and then the game was completely out of reach. There was nothing Kobe could've done to get them back in the game.

Mentally_Pretty
05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Haters gonna hate though. aint nothing new. i see this Kobe hater showing his b1tchassness in this thread. Your panties are showing b.

in Kobe we trust.

YAWN
haters should be flooding this thread shortly to call him a liar and say he wanted to lose that playoff series on purpose..

devin112
i'm so surprised, i really thought he was going to be honest and tell the truth....

haha yeah right what did ya'll expect?

if u buy that shit...i don't know what to tell you. if it was only one quarter of him being tuned out, then you can make an argument, but it was the entire second half.

let's say u buy his crap, he was trying to do other things besides scoring right? how many boards, assists, steals and blocks did he get that game?

4 boards 1 assist 0 steals 1 block

rfm767
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Omg it's knoe itawl, the legend. I've heard you were the first human being to hate on kobe.

LAClipsFan33
05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Kobe game 7 2006 = Lebron game 5 2010

If you want to call Lebron a choke and quitter and all that your going to have to call Kobe the same thing.

They took a similar approach to the 2nd half in those games and Kobe was even more passive than Lebron.

Batz
05-16-2010, 08:41 PM

If you want to call Lebron a choke and quitter and all that your going to have to call Kobe the same thing.

They took a similar approach to the 2nd half in those games and Kobe was even more passive than Lebron.
Lebron lost because of lockdown D...

Showtime
05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Coach Jackson specifically told him to pass the ball.

Yes. But there's more to being a playmaker than just passing. Kobe has shown to be able to be an effective playmaker when he attacks and then distributes. There's a difference between that and just giving the ball up and standing at the 3 point line waiting to see what happens.

The plan was to give Smush the ball and attack Nash. They tried it, it had no affect, the suns started hitting easy buckets and threes very quickly and then the game was completely out of reach. There was nothing Kobe could've done to get them back in the game.
There was nothing Kobe could have done in an entire half of basketball? He had already taken the lakers to a game 7 against a title contender and one of the favorites to win the west. Kobe quit, just like he did in game 6 against Boston.

catch24
05-16-2010, 08:43 PM

Kobe didn't come out of the get go NOT shooting at all like Lebron game 5. He scored 23 on 50% shooting in the first half and they were STILL down by 15. Nothing was going to work, Phoenix was just better. I'll say this, though.. Attempting only ONE shot in that second half was disappointing.

RazorBaLade
05-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Kobe didn't come out of the getgo not shooting at all like Lebron game 5. He scored 23 on 50% shooting in the first half and they were STILL down by 15. Nothing was going to work, Phoenix was just better.

dont even waste your time the haters need something to hold on to and they cant even use this season anymore since kobe is on his way to #5

RazorBaLade
05-16-2010, 08:46 PM

this is how u know someone is a joke: kobe scores 23 pts in a half, lebron scores 15 pts in the game. Kobe was more passive. :roll: :roll: :roll: i wont even waste my time i just had to point this out

LAClipsFan33
05-16-2010, 08:48 PM
this is how u know someone is a joke: kobe scores 23 pts in a half, lebron scores 15 pts in the game. Kobe was more passive. :roll: :roll: :roll: i wont even waste my time i just had to point this out

Notice how I put 2nd half.

READ

Showtime
05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Kobe didn't come out of the get go NOT shooting at all like Lebron game 5. He scored 23 on 50% shooting in the first half and they were STILL down by 15. Nothing was going to work, Phoenix was just better. I'll say this, though.. Attempting only ONE shot in that second half was disappointing.
OK, let me get this straight: the same kobe that wouldn't stop shooting ALL SEASON LONG because he knew he could keep his team in games, the same guy who had that scoring streak and jacked up 81 just because he thought he could win games by himself, that same guy...quit in the second half because he thought there wasn't anything he could do for an entire half of basketball? Get. Real.

The guy knew that even if he beat PHX that his team wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. He was tired of carrying those scrubs all season long, and knew the only way to get back to contending was to get players, and he made his point. He showed everybody with two eyes that without him, these guys weren't good enough. Instead of trying to help his team, he gave them rope and they hanged themselves. Why argue this? It worked. His team made moves, got him one of the most talented teams, and they won another ring. Why not admit what happened?

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Kobe didn't quit, but his demeanor from the second half onward was poor. He should have continued to fight; instead, he continued to defer to his teammates. It is what it is.

Don't bother arguing with the anti-Kobe posters. Most of them are crazy.

StacksOnDeck
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Lol I laugh EVERYTIME Showtime posts. Dude is the SAME dude that PM'd a poster asking for his adress to go to his house, fly cross country and attempt to kill him. He's also the poster who left ISH for 3 months after getting laughed off the board for saying Kobe couldn't win 41 games with Chris Paul's cast. He's the ISH joke. Now watch him report my posts.

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
OK, let me get this straight: the same kobe that wouldn't stop shooting ALL SEASON LONG because he knew he could keep his team in games, the same guy who had that scoring streak and jacked up 81 just because he thought he could win games by himself, that same guy...quit in the second half because he thought there wasn't anything he could do for an entire half of basketball? Get. Real.

The guy knew that even if he beat PHX that his team wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. He was tired of carrying those scrubs all season long, and knew the only way to get back to contending was to get players, and he made his point. He showed everybody with two eyes that without him, these guys weren't good enough. Instead of trying to help his team, he gave them rope and they hanged themselves.

Actually, had the Lakers won game 7 they would've had a shot at beating the Clippers. They matched up quite well with them.

LAClipsFan33
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Actually, had the Lakers won game 7 they would've had a shot at beating the Clippers. They matched up quite well with them.

We wanted the Lakers and would have beat them

catch24
05-16-2010, 08:57 PM

The guy knew that even if he beat PHX that his team wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. He was tired of carrying those scrubs all season long, and knew the only way to get back to contending was to get players, and he made his point. He showed everybody with two eyes that without him, these guys weren't good enough. Instead of trying to help his team, he gave them rope and they hanged themselves.

Phil Jackson SPECIFICALLY told him to stop shooting the ball dude. I actually heard one of the players in the lockeroom also said they needed to move the ball around more. Play "team ball" (the name of that player was never disclosed). I'm done trying to convince anyone here. You're entitled to your opinion. I even thought Kobe could of been more aggressive in that second half.

shrempf_on_rice
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
When your team is still down by 15 when your star player scores 23pts while shooting 50%, its a question of defense. The whole team gave up especially Kobe. They deserved to lose that game...

Showtime
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Phil Jackson SPECIFICALLY told him to stop shooting the ball dude. I actually heard one of the players in the lockeroom also said they needed to move the ball around more too...play "team ball" (the name of that player was never disclosed). I'm done trying to convince anyone here.

And I'm done trying to convey the point that there is a difference between making plays for others, and giving up the ball and doing nothing. You cannot seem to grasp this point. If Phil wanted others to get involved more, then there was certainly a better way then for Kobe to do nothing.

And you cannot seem to also grasp that Kobe is not Phil's lapdog. Kobe wants to do what he wants to do, and hasn't had problems defying Phil in the past.

Solid Snake
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Kobe is my favorite player but I don't buy a word of it.

Put simply, on what OTHER OCCASION has he done this? In what other blowout situations has he NOT tried to take over a game? I'm gonna give myself a margin of error and say maybe someone can name 2 examples, but probably no more than that...

catch24
And I'm done trying to convey the point that there is a difference between making plays for others, and giving up the ball and doing nothing. You cannot seem to grasp this point.

And you cannot seem to also grasp that Kobe is not Phil's lapdog. Kobe wants to do what he wants to do, and hasn't had problems defying Phil in the past.

Did I not say he could of been more aggressive? It wasn't just Phil Jackson, there was a player on that team that called him out too.

LA_Showtime
At least he showed up for a half. :pimp: :oldlol: Cough.

SYM86
05-16-2010, 09:07 PM
all the lechoke fans just want to get back on kobe, at least kobe is still a laker, and lebron's heart is out of cleveland since 2009, can't wait till July 1st.

Knoe Itawl
05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Kobe is my favorite player but I don't buy a word of it.

Put simply, on what OTHER OCCASION has he done this? In what other blowout situations has he NOT tried to take over a game? I'm gonna give myself a margin of error and say maybe someone can name 2 examples, but probably no more than that...

Oh, but you're just a "hater" :rolleyes:

It's one thing to like a player. It's another thing to not be able to admit even obvious negative things.

People keep coming back to "Phil told him not to shoot". Anyone that's ever PLAYED basketball (or has a decent knowledge of it) knows that there are plenty of other things a player like Bryant can do besides jack up shots (Of course, even if you buy the Jackson told him not to shoot BS, how does a player with 40 point streaks and all the rest of it shoot ONE time in the second half of a GAME SEVEN?) Bryant just stood on the perimeter the entire second half. Go back and WATCH the game if you don't believe it.

It's nonsense, and even (smart and honest) Kobe fans will tell you that.

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I expect the second half debacle will be mentioned in Phil Jackson's new book. :lol It wouldn't surprise me at all if Phil and Kobe's relationship is fabricated.

catch24
05-16-2010, 09:15 PM
I expect the second half debacle will be mentioned in Phil Jackson's new book. :lol It wouldn't surprise me at all if Phil and Kobe's relationship is fabricated.

Seems like they're closer than they were in the 2000-2004 circa but I agree. Almost as if their coach/player relationship is forced.

rs98762001
Kobe without a doubt played suspiciously passive in the second half of Game 7. Anyone objective will say that.

However, anyone who thinks that's remotely similar to what Lebron just pulled clearly has an agenda. LBJ sulked through an entire series, and stunk up the joint in at least two full games. Bryant actually played incredibly in that entire series, all the way up to the 2nd half of Game 7. Considering at that point in the game he'd scored 23 points in a half, and it was enough to only get LA within 15 points, it's at least vaguely understandable - if not defensible - why he quit towards the end.

LeBron - supposedly the best player in the world - just played an entire series like that. A series that his team was the favorite in, and which he was expected to dominate in. The two situations are on balance not even comparable.

LA_Showtime
Seems like they're closer than they were in the 2000-2004 circa but I agree. Almost as if their coach/player relationship is forced.

They have a cordial relationship, but they're in it together for their own selfish reasons. :lol

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Kobe without a doubt played suspiciously passive in the second half of Game 7. Anyone objective will say that.

However, anyone who thinks that's remotely similar to what Lebron just pulled clearly has an agenda. LBJ sulked through an entire series, and stunk up the joint in at least two full games. Bryant actually played incredibly in that entire series, all the way up to the 2nd half of Game 7. Considering at that point in the game he'd scored 23 points in a half, and it was enough to only get LA within 15 points, it's at least vaguely understandable - if not defensible - why he quit towards the end.

LeBron - supposedly the best player in the world - just played an entire series like that. A series that his team was the favorite in, and which he was expected to dominate in. The two situations are on balance not even comparable.

Kobe could have kept shooting and scored 50 or 60 points in a loss, but then the anti-Kobe douche bags would say he shot his team out of the game. He loses either way.

CeoTypeDoe619
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Kobe's team gave up on him.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
4 rings.
He has my support no matter what.

LA_Showtime
05-16-2010, 09:30 PM
4 rings.
He has my support no matter what.

Unless he goes into the summer demanding trades, calling out teammates, etc.

RazorBaLade
05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Notice how I put 2nd half.

READ

Notice how you said "Kobe game 6 phx = Lebron game 5 bos" idiot. LA showtime pretty much hit the nail on the head though with all of his posts in the thread.

KAJ=GOAT
05-16-2010, 11:03 PM

Great way of putting it.

Just wanted to add,

Kobe did what he did,

as a 7th seed and huge underdog to beat the Suns. They were a huge underdog to even make the playoffs.

Lebron did what he did,

as a 66 win #1 seed with HCA throughout.

Its funny though that Kobe has to even be brought up in a situation involving Lebron. I don't see what Laker playoffs history has to do with Lebron quitting.

YAWN
05-16-2010, 11:38 PM
personally, im glad the media is bringing this up right now. the suns coaching staff? not so much.

Juges8932
05-16-2010, 11:52 PM
i'm so surprised, i really thought he was going to be honest and tell the truth....

haha yeah right what did ya'll expect?

if u buy that shit...i don't know what to tell you. if it was only one quarter of him being tuned out, then you can make an argument, but it was the entire second half.

let's say u buy his crap, he was trying to do other things besides scoring right? how many boards, assists, steals and blocks did he get that game?

4 boards 1 assist 0 steals 1 block

Hard to get assists when your teammates are Smush and Kwame. They played atrociously in general, and it sure as Hell didn't get any better in that game. They were missing shots.

EricForman
05-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Chuck saw the game. And we all saw the game. Kobe saying he didn't not-shoot-on-purpose doesn't prove anything. I don't think he purposely tried to lose but he was obvioulsy throwing a tantrum, which he has done before and still does sometimes.

LAClipsFan33
05-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Notice how you said "Kobe game 6 phx = Lebron game 5 bos" idiot. LA showtime pretty much hit the nail on the head though with all of his posts in the thread.

Yeah meaning they both came out playing hard in the 1st half and played extremely passive in the 2nd.

branslowski
05-17-2010, 12:10 AM
:oldlol:

This sh!t is too much...The obvious Kobe haters (these same ppl who just happen to have been in other multiple Bryant threads always trying to diminsh him) in this thread are just giving opinions based off of their own bias...No fact behind it...Just conspiracy...If you dont go along with their non factual conspiracy, then you are a blind stan...Your only an honest smart Kobe fan if you go along with their non factual opinions....

:applause: ISH is amazing...

RazorBaLade
05-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Chuck saw the game. And we all saw the game. Kobe saying he didn't not-shoot-on-purpose doesn't prove anything. I don't think he purposely tried to lose but he was obvioulsy throwing a tantrum, which he has done before and still does sometimes.

chuck hates kobe and u know it. Everyone during half time said that kobe needs to come out facilitating because no one is involved in the offense. he facilitated for 4 minutes and the suns were up by 20-25. 1 man can't make a comeback that large, even in 08 when la was down 20 to spurs in gm1 at halftime and kobe played amazing he still only got them close.. he needed the team to fully come back and with terrible players like smush and kwame them shooting horribly on offense makes them play D even worse, so it was just impossible to come back.

Allstar24
05-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Kobe calling Barkley stupid...priceless :oldlol: He's right, these reporters don't even watch the games, they just criticize him because he's Kobe and he can do no right in their eyes. Anyone with a brain could see he didn't tank the game...he was making plays for his teammates, passing out of double teams, etc but those scrubs didn't step up.

RazorBaLade
05-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah meaning they both came out playing hard in the 1st half and played extremely passive in the 2nd.

both were playing hard in the first half? lebron didnt score a field goal until midway into 3rd quarter. Are you kidding me?

http://www.wholesalebarsupplies.com/images/fat-straws.jpg

keep grasping

CeoTypeDoe619
05-17-2010, 12:14 AM

This sh!t is too much...The obvious Kobe haters (these same ppl who just happen to have been in other multiple Bryant threads always trying to diminsh him) in this thread are just giving opinions based off of their own bias...No fact behind it...Just conspiracy...If you dont go along with their non factual conspiracy, then you are a blind stan...Your only an honest smart Kobe fan if you go along with their non factual opinions....

:oldlol: :oldlol: SO true.
If they were new people i could take their opinion serious.
But the same posters are always bashing Kobe regardless of what the thread consist of. And expect people to taker their opinions serious? :oldlol:
Lol @ Erica Foreman. Laclipps33, Know Iteal, etc

branslowski
05-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Fact is....Kobe sucked major ass in the game...We lost...It's over.

LAClipsFan33
05-17-2010, 12:18 AM
both were playing hard in the first half? lebron didnt score a field goal until midway into 3rd quarter. Are you kidding me?

http://www.wholesalebarsupplies.com/images/fat-straws.jpg

keep grasping

He was going to the basket hard in the 1st. he shot what 10 FTs in the 1st ?

Because he didn't score a FG he didn't play hard ? Really ?

RazorBaLade
05-17-2010, 12:21 AM
He was going to the basket hard in the 1st. he shot what 10 FTs in the 1st ?

no.

xcesswee
05-17-2010, 12:28 AM

Weren't you the one throwing a hissyfit at Kobe after game 4 against the Thunder?

MAC system
05-17-2010, 12:28 AM
This happened 4 years ago...why are we talking about it? The Conference finals are on...shut up and enjoy!

branslowski
05-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Weren't you the one throwing a hissyfit at Kobe after game 4 against the Thunder?

Yes, a sarcastic thread....Mucho gusto

CeoTypeDoe619
05-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes, a sarcastic thread....Mucho gusto
Wow fair-weather ass fan SMFH

LAClipsFan33
05-17-2010, 12:34 AM
no.

He was 9/12 for the game. 8/10 in the 1st half.

Had he stayed aggressive he would have shot 20 FTs. For some reason he didn't.

RazorBaLade
05-17-2010, 12:36 AM
He was 9/12 for the game. 8/10 in the 1st half.

I was saying no to the notion that

1) free throws show aggressiveness
2) lebron gets bogus calls all day
3) somehow "earning" 10 free throws shows you were as aggressive as someone who scored 23 pts

branslowski
05-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Wow fair-weather ass fan SMFH

I know your not talkin to me...I calls it like I see it...I was being sarcastic over Kobe's game, while still calling him out for playing like sh!t and making a prediction for next game...

:oldlol: God I hope your not dissin me, cause I don't want to have to dismantle you kid...Me>>>All....Ask around.

LAClipsFan33
05-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I was saying no to the notion that

1) free throws show aggressiveness
2) lebron gets bogus calls all day
3) somehow "earning" 10 free throws shows you were as aggressive as someone who scored 23 pts

He got his FTs going to the basket. I watched the game. In the 2nd half he randomly stopped going and became a mid range to 3 point brickmaster.

CeoTypeDoe619
05-17-2010, 12:39 AM

I know your not talkin to me...I calls it like I see it...I was being sarcastic over Kobe's game, while still calling him out for playing like sh!t and making a prediction for next game...

:oldlol: God I hope your not dissin me, cause I don't want to have to dismantle you kid...Me>>>All....Ask around.
Prove it. Show that thread.
I highly doubt it was sarcastic

branslowski
05-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Prove it. Show that thread.
I highly doubt it was sarcastic

Go find it....I said Kobe was sabotaging the game...Then later on in my paragraph I stated that he was doing what Phil told him to do...

Kobe basically followed the game plan...Get the ball down low...Sick.

Go ISH hunt and waste your time...dont care...:oldlol:

Im one of the few Kobe fans on here who was actually fans of his before Jan. 06....:oldlol:

CeoTypeDoe619
05-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Go find it....I said Kobe was sabotaging the game...Then later on in my paragraph I stated that he was doing what Phil told him to do...

Kobe basically followed the game plan...Get the ball down low...Sick.

Go ISH hunt and waste your time...dont care...:oldlol:

Im one of the few Kobe fans on here who was actually fans of his before Jan. 06....:oldlol:
Lol i have no reason to hunt for a thread.

branslowski
05-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Lol i have no reason to hunt for a thread.

Alright then...Now lets get back to owning these low iq Haters....Then maybe we can get our rumble on later down the line..:pimp:

L.A. Jazz
05-17-2010, 01:15 AM
watch yourself - Kobe about game 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjeiMBPMaE

that's what he said.

raptorfan_dr07
05-17-2010, 03:15 AM
I'll never get what people want. Bryant scored 50 in game 6, they lost and everybody called him a hog. The media, coach jackson and fans told him to pass more. He did it in game 7, they still lost and everyone says he choked and tanked the game.

That's not even remotely close to what people said. NOBODY called him a hog after Game 6, the general consensus was if Lamar Odom had boxed out Shawn Marion, the Lakers win the series.

A lot, and I mean A LOT of butt hurt Kobe n*thuggers in this thread, specifically:

Ceotypedoe
cotdt
branslowski
Allstar24
Yawn
rfm767
RazorBlade
Cantstop/StacksonDeck
KAJ=GOAT

They don't know what they're talking about and do NOT warrant a detailed response. They will continue blindly whacking off to their Kobe posters in their mother's basements every night while coming here and "pretending" to know basketball.

LA Showtime and catch24, you two know your sh*t, but come on, you cannot just sit there and act like nothing was up. What do you expect Kobe to say? Yes I quit on my team? You know the backlash that would generate, even now? No matter how you spin it, he quit. You mention he just continued to defer to his teammates, that's quitting, especially in a Game 7. I mean this was the Kobe who went through some high powered scoring binges throughout the year. The same Kobe who dropped 81 in a game. If I'm not mistaken, I do recall that the Lakers were down close to 20 points at the half as well. The fact that they were down 15 at the half holds no merit. The same Kobe who outscored an ENTIRE TEAM through 3 quarters, the SAME team who ended up in the FINALS. We don't buy for a minute that he was disheartened by the no defense playing Phoenix Suns. Especially since he had just torched them for 50 points the previous game. And like Showtime said, getting teammates involved and executing the game plan means making yourself a threat offensively, drawing the defense, and creating for others. We've SEEN Kobe do that to perfection before. His MVP year in 2008, he played like that to perfection all year(Finals excluded). A huge reason why I truly believe he deserved MVP that year. Getting your teammates involved doesn't mean just dumping the ball off to them and hanging out at the 3 point line watching the action. We WATCHED the game, we SAW what happened. And since when has he ever listened to Phil? Especially when Phil's tried to "restrict" his game so to speak. If he was trying to send a message to Phil/Front Office, that means he quit. 1 point the entire second half, ONE POINT. IMO, he wouldn't be criticized so much if he scored 30, 40, 50 points, shooting 50+%, going down guns blazing. When we DO criticize him for scoring so much, it's when he does it on less than 48-50% efficiency. You two(as well as other REAL Laker fans), have done the same. Anyways, this topic has been beaten to death and maybe we can just agree to disagree. What we can agree on I guess is that his demeanor in the 2nd half was pretty crappy.

Note: The posters I listed, DO NOT respond to me, you have no say on the subject and most of you are on ignore anyways.

EricForman
05-17-2010, 09:42 AM
chuck hates kobe and u know it. Everyone during half time said that kobe needs to come out facilitating because no one is involved in the offense. he facilitated for 4 minutes and the suns were up by 20-25. 1 man can't make a comeback that large, even in 08 when la was down 20 to spurs in gm1 at halftime and kobe played amazing he still only got them close.. he needed the team to fully come back and with terrible players like smush and kwame them shooting horribly on offense makes them play D even worse, so it was just impossible to come back.

Doesn't matter if Chuck hates Kobe (I don't think he does, you guys are just an insecure bunch), I am not basing my opinion on what Chuck said. I mentioned Chuck only because someone suggested Chuck didn't even watch the game, which is stupid cause dude was sitting at TNT studios covering the game.

As for your point that one man couldnt do everything and he was trying to facilitate, let's be real. There is a difference between picking your spots and facilitating and standing around the perimeter not attacking to make a point. What Kobe did was the latter.

It wasn't the first time he did that (he pulled that in 2004 with the Malone/GP/Shaq Lakers. Second half of a game he only shot once I think, Malone and others called him out after. lemme guess... its cause Malone hates Kobe right?) and it wasn't the last time he has done that.

Serious, many sportswriters and fans (including Laker fans) have written as recently as 2008 that Kobe still can't find that right balance between taking over the game and passing. He goes into extremes. If the coach tells him to stop shooting so much, he goes into "FINE, LET ME NOT SHOOT AT ALL AND SEE HOW YOU GUYS DO" mode.

He's gotten better in that the last few years probably due to maturity. But come on Laker fans, please don't deny Kobe wasn't the most mature player and have thrown those tantrums before.

Kobe played amazing all series and it was amzing he took that series to 7 games, but he simply threw a "forget this, i've had enough of playing with these pieces of trash, im gonna not attack and watch u guys die" tantrum at the second half of game 7.

Allstar24
05-17-2010, 10:09 AM
The only people bringing up this game are the butthurt Lebron fanboys trying to defend him. Why does it matter what happened in 2006? And even if Kobe tanked the game, does it make it right for Lebron to quit on his team? Some people are so ****ing insecure.

PistonsFan#21
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
The only people bringing up this game are the butthurt Lebron fanboys trying to defend him. Why does it matter what happened in 2006? And even if Kobe tanked the game, does it make it right for Lebron to quit on his team? Some people are so ****ing insecure.

It wasnt right for any of the 2 players. Lebron might have gave up on his team but so did Kobe. I know you're happy when everyone bashes Lebron but you cant get over the fact that your hero did the exact same thing and hope for people to forget it.

Allstar24
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
It wasnt right for any of the 2 players. Lebron might have gave up on his team but so did Kobe. I know you're happy when everyone bashes Lebron but you cant get over the fact that your hero did the exact same thing and hope for people to forget it.
I don't give a rat's ass about Lebron. I don't ever waste time bashing him unless his fanboys ask for it. I just find it amusing how people want to bring up a 4 year old game from Kobe to justify what Lebron did...talk about insecure :oldlol: And no, Kobe did not do the "exact same thing"...then again, you're a Lebron fanboy...trying to reason with you fools is like trying to reason with the mentally challenged. Forget it.

PistonsFan#21
05-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't give a rat's ass about Lebron. I don't ever waste time bashing him unless his fanboys ask for it. I just find it amusing how people want to bring up a 4 year old game from Kobe to justify what Lebron did...talk about insecure :oldlol: And no, Kobe did not do the "exact same thing"...then again, you're a Lebron fanboy...trying to reason with you fools is like trying to reason with the mentally challenged. Forget it.

Of course you're gonna say its different when its actually the same thing. Both didnt go 100% with the series on the line.

And LOL at you calling me a Lebron fanboy when you are a Kobe fanboy yourself! Look at your avy...You Laker fans have the worst reputation on ISH and this is no surprise. The irony in your 2 last sentences is too much :roll:

Phong
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Kobe should receive more blame than LeBron. In 2006, the Lakers went into the playoffs with the best record in the league, Kobe was the MVP and they were favored to win it all. Despite all of this, Kobe decided to check out of the last 3 games in the series even though those games were within reach and ultimately they lost in 6. Shame on you Kobe, shame on you.

LeBron on the other hand, he came in with the 11th best record in the league, and took the 3rd best record team (that had the MVP in it) to 7 games and gave up in the second half of the last game when a comeback wasn't happening.

PistonsFan#21
05-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Kobe should receive the same amount of blame than LeBron. In 2006, the Lakers went into the playoffs with the best record in the league, Kobe was the MVP and they were favored to win it all. Despite all of this, Kobe decided to check out of the last 3 games in the series even though those games were within reach and ultimately they lost in 6. Shame on you Kobe, shame on you.

Yes because im sure playing agaisnt Phoenix without Amare is the same thing as playing against healthy Celtics :rolleyes: haha. Kobe had 3-1 lead! and he still blew it up. dont try to defend him.

Kujo
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Watching that game, it was pretty obvious Kobe quit on his team.

Phong
05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes because im sure playing agaisnt Phoenix without Amare is the same thing as playing against healthy Celtics :rolleyes: haha. Kobe had 3-1 lead! and he still blew it up. dont try to defend him.
And I'm sure playing with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown is the same as playing with Old Shaq and Antawn Jamison. :rolleyes:

LeBron:
- best record in the league: check
- having the mvp in the team: check
- home court advantage: check
- quitting in 3 games out of 6: check

Allstar24
05-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Of course you're gonna say its different when its actually the same thing. Both didnt go 100% with the series on the line.

And LOL at you calling me a Lebron fanboy when you are a Kobe fanboy yourself! Look at your avy...You Laker fans have the worst reputation on ISH and this is no surprise. The irony in your 2 last sentences is too much :roll:
If you think you're getting to me by calling me a "Kobe fanboy", you're not. I know I've been a Laker fan for life, I don't have to prove anything to bandwagon fans like you. You're doing a good job embarrassing yourself anyway.

Just the fact that you think it's the "same thing" shows to me how much of a fanboy you are. The Cavs were the #1 seed with the best record in the league while the Lakers were a #7 seed hoping to upset the best team in the league. The Lakers supporting cast had the likes of Smush, Kwame and Luke. They were up 3-1 in the series because everyone was contributing. Kobe put up 50 pts in Game 6 and the Lakers lost. He had 23 pts at halftime of Game 7 and the Lakers were behind by 15 pts. If he couldn't get his teammates going, they would lose the game, period. But you'd have to watch the games to know that, not just talk out of your ass.

Phil said Kobe followed the game plan. Yet you fanboys think you have the knowledge to decide that Kobe did the "exact same thing" :oldlol:

PistonsFan#21
05-17-2010, 11:05 AM
If you think you're getting to me by calling me a "Kobe fanboy", you're not. I know I've been a Laker fan for life, I don't have to prove anything to bandwagon fans like you. You're doing a good job embarrassing yourself anyway.

Just the fact that you think it's the "same thing" shows to me how much of a fanboy you are. The Cavs were the #1 seed with the best record in the league while the Lakers were a #7 seed hoping to upset the best team in the league. The Lakers supporting cast had the likes of Smush, Kwame and Luke. They were up 3-1 in the series because everyone was contributing. Kobe put up 50 pts in Game 6 and the Lakers lost. He had 23 pts at halftime of Game 7 and the Lakers were behind by 15 pts. If he couldn't get his teammates going, they would lose the game, period. But you'd have to watch the games to know that, not just talk out of your ass.

Phil said Kobe followed the game plan. Yet you fanboys think you have the knowledge to decide that Kobe did the "exact same thing" :oldlol:

LOL at you calling me a bandwagon fan when everybody here knows that most of your fans are Kobe followers. I woulndt be surprised if you're one of them. I was always a Pistons fan so your ''Lebron fanboy'' analogy is quite stupid.

There is a difference between getting your teammates involved and staying a the top of the key every single time and just swing the ball around. He didnt attack the basket at all and didnt set his teammates. I'm sure Phil didnt ask Kobe to take only 1 shot in the whole 2nd half and im sure he didnt ask him to be passive either. Do you seriously think think Kobe was trying his best to help his team playing that way? If not then STFU. Stop with your BS. Both gave up and that is what it is.

By the way Mike Brown said his team followed the game plan too but that the Celtics were just better. So whats your point? Do you excpect coaches to say their leaders and best players gave up on the team?

ImmortalD24
watch yourself - Kobe about game 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjeiMBPMaE

that's what he said.
That was a really good breakdown by Kobe. Wish he was on TNT more often, but that would mean he'd be out fishing early. :ohwell:

john_d

This.

+ crazy ass fans didn't even watch that game. i dare you to rewatch that game.

tell me if kobe passed the ball and started walking back to the other side of the court, which lebron did.

kobe tried to facilitate to get his teammates going. pass to luke = clank, pass to kwame = mishandles the ball and a turnover...

Roundball_Rock
05-17-2010, 01:41 PM

Don't forget Michael Jordan in Game 5 of the 89' ECF. The series was tied 2-2 but Jordan was taking almost 1/3 of his team's shots and Collins asked him to pass the ball now and then (after all, how can his "supporting cast" help him if they never see the ball? :confusedshrug: ). Jordan responded by taking only 8 shots in the entire game (The Bulls lost by single digits so if MJ played they could have won)! How many times did you see Jordan take less than 20 shots in a game let alone finish in the single digits (the latter probably never happened in the playoffs)?

Jordan has been forgiven for it in the ECF so why is Lebron crucified for taking 14 shots in the ECSF and Kobe quitting half a game in the first round? :roll: at MJ fans like knowe and EricForman going bananas over Kobe even though their hero did the same thing, and arguably did worse. He did it with the ECF tied 2-2, not in the first round or ECSF.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
umm Kobe just cannot beat the Suns, plain and simple.

EricForman
05-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Don't forget Michael Jordan in Game 5 of the 89' ECF. The series was tied 2-2 but Jordan was taking almost 1/3 of his team's shots and Collins asked him to pass the ball now and then (after all, how can his "supporting cast" help him if they never see the ball? :confusedshrug: ). Jordan responded by taking only 8 shots in the entire game (The Bulls lost by single digits so if MJ played they could have won)! How many times did you see Jordan take less than 20 shots in a game let alone finish in the single digits (the latter probably never happened in the playoffs)?

Jordan has been forgiven for it in the ECF so why is Lebron crucified for taking 14 shots in the ECSF and Kobe quitting half a game in the first round? :roll: at MJ fans like knowe and EricForman going bananas over Kobe even though their hero did the same thing, and arguably did worse. He did it with the ECF tied 2-2, not in the first round or ECSF.

:oldlol: roundball at it again.

you sure you a pippen fan, man? you seem to just want to hate jordan.

Roundball_Rock
05-17-2010, 01:53 PM
:oldlol: roundball at it again.

you sure you a pippen fan, man? you seem to just want to hate jordan.

If it is okay for Jordan in Game 5 of the ECF with the series tied 2-2 why is it a sin for Lebron in the ECSF or Kobe in the first round? You called out Kobe yet when your hero doing the same thing with greater stakes was pointed out this was your response. :lol

PHILA
05-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Chamberlain still has not been forgiven for his 2 FGA in the second half of the 7th game in '68, despite receiving the ball 2 times in the pivot for the final 12 minutes. With the powerful, but undersized Wayne Embry as his primary defender one would think the team would have made a concerted effort to get the ball to him even with the rest of the Celtics sagging back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Vtw7fbktc#t=7m56s

crisoner
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow this board has been all about LeBron and certain posters do not show up...then a Kobe topic comes on and guess who is back.

Knoebe....sad sad sad.

Roundball_Rock
05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Chamberlain still has not been forgiven for his 2 FGA in the second half of the 7th game in '68, despite receiving the ball 2 times in the pivot for the final 12 minutes. With the powerful, but undersized Wayne Embry as his primary defender one would think the team would have made a concerted effort to get the ball to him even with the rest of the Celtics sagging back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Vtw7fbktc#t=7m56s

Good point. Yet Jordan is presented to the public as the gold standard. He is the measuring stick for everything. If Jordan did it and gets a free pass--many of his fans do not even know he did it--why not give a pass to Wilt, Kobe, and Lebron as well?

PHILA
05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
That's not even remotely close to what people said. NOBODY called him a hog after Game 6, the general consensus was if Lamar Odom had boxed out Shawn Marion, the Lakers win the series. Indeed, however with no semblance of a chance at the title.

Mrofir
05-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Suns fan here...

Respect. I understand what Kobe is saying and I believe him. He's a fantastic player, one of the best of all time. He did go and raise hell in the front office, and you could say his willingness to do so has separated him from the likes of LBJ, Wade, and co.

Now, one caveat: just don't compare him to MJ, ok? That's really my only point to pick with Laker fans. I'd make the same argument for LBJ already. Jordan was perfect in the finals, and phenomenal in basically every single playoff game he ever played. OK that's it that's all I have to say. Kobe is really great.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM

actually oj wrote a book about killing his wife...

MagicalLA
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Was this a poor attempt to hide Lebron`s "tanking" in games 5 and 6? :lol

Was it? really?

Allstar24
05-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Suns fan here...

Respect. I understand what Kobe is saying and I believe him. He's a fantastic player, one of the best of all time. He did go and raise hell in the front office, and you could say his willingness to do so has separated him from the likes of LBJ, Wade, and co.

Now, one caveat: just don't compare him to MJ, ok? That's really my only point to pick with Laker fans. I'd make the same argument for LBJ already. Jordan was perfect in the finals, and phenomenal in basically every single playoff game he ever played. OK that's it that's all I have to say. Kobe is really great.
Nobody compares him to MJ. Can you find any sane Laker fan who seriously thinks Kobe is better than MJ? These comparisons are made by the MJ fanatics (Loki, KnoeItawl) and they do it only so they can tear Kobe apart.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Nobody compares him to MJ. Can you find any sane Laker fan who seriously thinks Kobe is better than MJ? These comparisons are made by the MJ fanatics (Loki, KnoeItawl) and they do it only so they can tear Kobe apart.
eh, let the little guys have some fun. they're all torn up inside knowing kobe and the lakers are about to make their 3rd straight finals appearance.

Mrofir
05-17-2010, 07:14 PM

I definitely agree that sane Lakers fans such as yourself wouldn't\don't make the comparison. But I've definitely seen threads like, "if kobe wins 7 rings.." and people go in there and qualify it like, oh if he's the main scoring threat maybe bla bla.. no. Under no circumstances will he eclipse Jordan, and unless LBJ starts winning multiple rings and finals MVPs immediately, his window is over too. Margin of error has to be like 0 and yet people do try to make comparisons. Durant is the only one whose window and potential haven't been fully explored, and trust me when I say I think his chances are slim to none, but so it is for everyone else.

Mrofir
05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
eh, let the little guys have some fun. they're all tore up inside knowing kobe and the lakers are about to make their 3rd straight finals appearance.

Being a Lakers fan makes you "bigger" than me somehow? Interesting how your mind works.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Being a Lakers fan makes you "bigger" than me somehow? Interesting how your mind works.
loki and knoehow2eatkobedix are both little btches....why you think i was referring to u is beyond me. maybe ur just paranoid & really short?

Mrofir
05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
loki and knoehow2eatkobedix are both little btches....why you think i was referring to u is beyond me. maybe ur just paranoid & really short?

I'm quite paranoid and 5'8 1\2 , you got me.

Be a psychologist.

By the way though I thought you were referring to me because you were responding to someone responding to me. I thought that's how logic works

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm quite paranoid and 5'8 1\2 , you got me.

Be a psychologist.

By the way though I thought you were referring to me because you were responding to someone responding to me. I thought that's how logic works
you didn't look like you were having much fun :confusedshrug:

Mrofir
05-17-2010, 07:59 PM
you didn't look like you were having much fun :confusedshrug:

It's ok, I still love you.

go Suns!!!!

chazzy
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Personally, I don't buy the "sticking with the gameplan" reasoning.. because at a certain point as the best player in the series, you have to say "ok, this isn't working and I need to take over this game." I'm sure he got frustrated with the fact that he dropped 23 in the first half and they were still down 15, and tried to make a point in the 2nd half by just letting his teammates play. He knew if he kept scoring it would be useless, so he just tried to make a point by not shooting, something he was always criticized for doing too much. Like a "see, this is what happens when I don't shoot and let these guys play" message.

I was pissed when it happened, but I'm over it as he's obviously redeemed himself since then... so this shouldn't be brought up and discussed to death as if it were the defining moment of his career.

BruceLee
05-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Kobe is going to murder the Suns. Lakers in 4.

Nash will have his way with this Lakers team, If my grandpa taught me anything it's Speed>size.

Nash will drive it in, dish it out, drive it in dish it out. Pick'n'roll, mo n mo n mo.

Grant hill will shut up whoever he guards, Bench will come up big, AMAREEEEE will get his, Frye will really stretch stuff out, making it easier for nash and A-DOG.

Goran will also show some fancy footwork this series.

Suns in 5 or 6. LATAA

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Nash will have his way with this Lakers team, If my grandpa taught me anything it's Speed>size.

Nash will drive it in, dish it out, drive it in dish it out. Pick'n'roll, mo n mo n mo.

Grant hill will shut up whoever he guards, Bench will come up big, AMAREEEEE will get his, Frye will really stretch stuff out, making it easier for nash and A-DOG.

Goran will also show some fancy footwork this series.

Suns in 5 or 6. LATAA
and let me guess...kobe, artest, gasol, odom and the rest of the lakers are gonna be standing around doing nothing while all this goes down?

plowking
05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Kobe Bryant is my hero. I've always known, and believed in him.

Chinese Kobe fans always make me laugh.

MagicalLA
05-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Chinese Kobe fans always make me laugh.

Exchange the name Kobe with the name Wade, and you will be happy.

BruceLee
05-17-2010, 08:37 PM
and let me guess...kobe, artest, gasol, odom and the rest of the lakers are gonna be standing around doing nothing while all this goes down?

Artest will have one good game this series.

Gasoft will do his part.

Odom will get 15 tonight, couple big plays.

Kobe will get 40.

112-105 suns.