PDA

View Full Version : Amare calls Odom's 19 pt 19 reb performance "Lucky" LMAO

KB2009Champ
05-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Suns Amare Stdmre on @reallamarodom "not giving him no hype, he had lucky game in GM 1

http://twitter.com/DuranLA

He's been talking tough all week leading up to the game and after his performance where he had THREE rebounds he has the nerve to say this?

Lamar's response :

"So be it, maybe I'll get lucky again...just play the game"

:oldlol: Amare's got jokes. I particularly enjoyed the joke where he stood there like a tree and lamar strolled by him for an uncontested layup.

Dontstop
05-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Amare>Odom

Eldrunko247
05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Amare>Odom
Odom=champion
Amare=No defense playing dunker..Poor man's Shawn Kemp.

Cyclone112
05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Amare needs to keep his mouth shut... That's just the type of motivation Odom needs to continue beasting and if he does the Suns have no chance.

Allstar24
05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Says the guy who plays no defense and gets all his points being spoon fed by Nash. As far as I remember, Odom always plays well against the Suns.

Dontstop
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Odom=champion

So is adam morrison :applause:

hotsizzle
05-18-2010, 05:01 PM
http://members.cox.net/rocksexton/Manips/matador4.jpg

Showtime
05-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Can you blame him? Amare thinks all rebounds are luck based, which is why he's never committed to work hard on the block and box out.

qrich
05-18-2010, 05:02 PM
While I don't see Odom having another 19 rebound game, or another game as good as his first one was, Amare needs to take in the fact that Lamar grabbed nearly 7x as many rebounds as he did and that Nash, Dudley, Dragic all grabbed the same/more rebounds than he and Fisher only got ONE less.

ashbelly
05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
He's right, odom shows up to play after every 5 games. He's about to Crawl back into his shell. Wait for his next big performance @ home against the winner of the Celtics VS Magic

oh the horror
05-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Can you blame him? Amare thinks all rebounds are luck based, which is why he's never committed to work hard on the block and box out.

:oldlol: I was going to say something similar in that Amare WOULD think that 19 rebounds is "luck" considering dude gets a whopping 3-5 here and there.

PowerGlove
05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
It was lucky in the sense that Odom is a guy that shows up once for a whole game or for one half and them just disappears.

Eldrunko247
05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
He's right, odom shows up to play after every 5 games. He's about to Crawl back into his shell. Wait for his next big performance @ home against the winner of the Celtics VS Magic
And Amare shows up to play defense never.

BallPhunk
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Amare>Odom

Yep, but that's a weak response to the topic. So a player can talk total BS about another if he's "better"?

And, for the 2010 playoffs:

Odom: 104 rebounds in 11 games

Amare: 73 rebounds in 11 games

^not luck.

Amare kills him in points, but those rebounding stats are still a sad indictment of Amare's game and overall weakness. What I thought might go 6 or 7 I think will now go 5.

Horatio33
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Amare Stoudamire, the Master of Rebounding. Waste of talent, no hustle having motherfukker.

JellyBean
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
We will take those lucky 19/19. Just as long as we win.

The_Yearning
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
This dude Amare really knows what to say...too bad he can't back it up.

blackification
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
"i find the harder i work the luckier i get" - samuel goldwyn.

Hey amare maybe if you would put some ****ing effort into rebounding and boxing out you would get lucky too.

oh the horror
05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Exactly. If they arent going to check Odom, then he'll have more "lucky" games in this series. Gotta crash those boards.

PowerGlove
05-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Its funny though because both of them have huge amounts of talent, but the mental focus isn't there for one and the other doesn't hustle.

biasedfan
05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
haha, i love how amare calls lamar's rebounds lucky, yet it was his damn fault for not boxing the guy out leading to 7 offensive rebounds. good one amare:hammerhead:

PowerGlove
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Amare used to beast on the boards in 05 and 07 playoffs. Gentry needs to call him out now.

GOBB
05-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Amare comments are no different than fans competiting in some activity. And upon losing labelling it lucky to the person they lost too. Most of the times its not to be taken serious. If Odom needs twitter feeds for bullentin board material? That is rather sad on his behalf. But I dont think he needs it nor will this be fuel or extra motivation.

RaceBannana
05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
no, its not luck. Luck would be me(average joe) getting one board over a NBA caliber player.

That is the result of certain overrated dunker playing matador defense over one of the best rebounders(when he wants) in the league.

IcanzIIravor
05-18-2010, 05:58 PM

:lol

I'm saving this one.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2010, 06:01 PM
If this motivates Lamar Odom, then I'm making a Kevin Garnett or Rashard Lewis twitter and posting the same thing.

MagicalLA
05-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Amare do yourself a favour and start defending, instead of hiding with sh*t your own holes.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Here's what's sad: I would be more surprised if Amare put up 20/20 than if Odom did so.

D-Rose
05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
LO replies with "So be it, maybe I'll get lucky again...just play the game" .

:applause: Suck it, Amare.

Twiens
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
That's awesome, Lamar is the kind of player that NEEDS things like this to motivate him or else he'll sleep through the next few games.

Kobe4life
05-18-2010, 06:52 PM
he did have a lucky game. i bet u hes gonna score 5 pts and 5 rebounds next game

ashbelly
05-18-2010, 06:52 PM
That's awesome, Lamar is the kind of player that NEEDS things like this to motivate him or else he'll sleep through the next few games.

:roll: :roll: he needs Coffee and candy.

Andrei89
05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Odom=champion

Immediatly lost credibility here with that dumb stan statement.

Robert horry isn't the best player of all time just because he has like 11 rings u idiot.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? :oldlol: at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3). Of course, these are the same people who said Bynum>Amare earlier this year! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3773216#post3773216
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156573

Odom came into last night averaging 9/9 in the playoffs. LAL fans know how inconsistent he is. In that sense last night was a fluke. LAL fans should know this because a few months ago we were being told how bad Kobe's "supporting cast" is and Odom not showing up on most nights is precisely what LAL fans cited to criticize Odom (Gasol was called soft and "Paula", Fisher a scrub, and Artest a chucker :lol ).

Bookmarking this thread for when Kobe has a bad game or two and LAL fans blame Odom and co. for the LAL losing!

monkeypox
05-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I think some of you guys are not understanding what luck means. Luck means his good game had nothing to do with how he was playing. Inconsistent yes, lucky? Yeah, 19 rebounds just happened to fall his way right? Even his own coach thought the comment was idiotic. No wonder Amare never gets better, why bother training harder when you can just get lucky for 19 rebounds?

Derka
05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah, THAT is the smart thing to say to your opponent in the heat of a Conference Finals series.

konex
05-18-2010, 07:09 PM
The scoring might be "luck" but Lamar gets double-digit rebounds in his sleep. Amare needs to STFU..

Eldrunko247
05-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Immediatly lost credibility here with that dumb stan statement.

Robert horry isn't the best player of all time just because he has like 11 rings u idiot.
Immediately lost credibility when you couldn't spell "Immediatly".
Unlike the one gift wrapped by the refs and Sterne to the Heat right? Uhhh, Amare hasn't proved jack sht in his career. He's a career loser. Dumb as a brick one dimensional stat padder. Horry is a better player than Amare stupid. Learn something.

ashbelly
05-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I think some of you guys are not understanding what luck means. Luck means his good game had nothing to do with how he was playing. Inconsistent yes, lucky? Yeah, 19 rebounds just happened to fall his way right? Even his own coach thought the comment was idiotic. No wonder Amare never gets better, why bother training harder when you can just get lucky for 19 rebounds?

Lucky as in he can't duplicate the same performance consistently.. Thats what he meant.. he was averaging 9ppg/9rpg coming into this series. aint that luck ??

ashbelly
05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? :oldlol: at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3).

Odom came into last night averaging 9/9 in the playoffs. LAL fans know how inconsistent he is. In that sense last night was a fluke. LAL fans should know this because a few months ago we were being told how bad Kobe's "supporting cast" is and Odom not showing up on most nights is precisely what LAL fans cited to criticize Odom (Gasol was called soft and "Paula", Fisher a scrub, and Artest a chucker :lol ).

Bookmarking this thread for when Kobe has a bad game or two and LAL fans blame Odom and co. for the LAL losing! Of course, these are the same people who said Bynum>Amare earlier this year! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3773216#post3773216

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Andrei89
05-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Immediately lost credibility when you couldn't spell "Immediatly".
Unlike the one gift wrapped by the refs and Sterne to the Heat right? Uhhh, Amare hasn't proved jack sht in his career. He's a career loser. Dumb as a brick one dimensional stat padder. Horry is a better player than Amare stupid. Learn something.

Robert Horry better than Amare?

-1 u are at -2 already.

Keep it going son

Amare > Lamar odom.

Oh and stop being a grammar nazi, nobody cares. I don't

SCdac
05-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Odom's rebounding back in january (and in general) was a huge help to some of my fantasy teams. Had a string of really great rebounding games in the beginning of the year: 10, 15, 19, 16, 13, 17, 12, 14, 2, 16, 10, 14... Hell he averaged nearly 10 boards in 32 minutes a game. Wouldn't really call his 19 rebounds "lucky"... Comments like these from "Stat" are partly why for the first time in my life, ever, I find myself rooting for the Lakers.

Batz
05-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Dennis Rodman ought to slap him across the face.

ashbelly
05-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Odom's rebounding back in january (and in general) was a huge help to some of my fantasy teams. Had a string of really great rebounding games in the beginning of the year: 10, 15, 19, 16, 13, 17, 12, 14, 2, 16, 10, 14... Hell he averaged nearly 10 boards in 32 minutes a game. Wouldn't really call his 19 rebounds "lucky"... Comments like these from "Stat" are partly why for the first time in my life, ever, I find myself rooting for the Lakers.

I would liek to see who he rounded so well against .. can you post the teams he was playing when he got those rebounds ??

BallPhunk
05-18-2010, 07:18 PM
How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? :oldlol: at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3).

Some perspective might be nice...

For the 2010 playoffs:

Gasol: 135 rebounds in 11 games

^not luck.

As I said - Amare kills Lamar in points, but those rebounding stats are still a sad indictment of Amare's game and overall weakness. Lamar is a bench/role player to some extent too.

So maybe some of the criticism is deserved.

Odom came into last night averaging 9/9 in the playoffs. LAL fans know how inconsistent he is. In that sense last night was a fluke.

A fluke would be if he wasn't really capable of that, BUT Lamar throws up double doubles all the time. He's frequently stepped up when Bynum is hurt.

Lamar has had rebounding games just above or below 15 quite a few times this year.

The rest of your argument is a lot about nothing related.

Allstar24
05-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Who cares about one game? Gasol's averaging 12.3 rebounds in the playoffs, Amare's not even close (6.6 rpg :oldlol: ). If LO wasn't going after every rebound yesterday, Gasol would probably get more.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Odom's 2010 playoff stats (points/rebounds)

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

Which one is not like the others?

It is hilarious how LAL fans vacillate between revering their players (most of the time) and diminishing them when Kobe struggles. LAL fans love to say Kobe carried scrubs from 05'-07'. The great Odom was on the roster. Therefore Odom was a scrub too, no? Or did he improve sometime this spring? If Kobe shots 10 for 30 in the next game and Odom has his usual 8/8 he will be a scrub again. :roll:

Who cares about one game?

LAL fans. :confusedshrug:

Gasol averages 9.9 boards in the playoffs for his career; Amare 9.5. Why single out Gasol's best season and Amare's worst rebounding playoff run? Have you forgotten what Amare and Marion did to Gasol in Memphis? Or what Amare did to Odam and the Lakers in the 07' playoffs (Amare averaged 24/14 as PHX beat LA 4-1)?

BTW, do you all still think Bynum>Amare? :lol

dajadeed
05-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Anyone who thinks Lamar Odom has a "lucky" game when it comes to rebounding is a damn fool. Odom is one of the best rebounders in the NBA, and is always among the top 15 or so. It's a fact. He had a 22 rebound game earlier this year.

It's a known fact with Odom: given minutes, he's a consistently good rebounder.

Hell, for these playoffs, Odom averages 3 more boards a game than Amare (and he comes off the bench). That's inexcusable for a PF wanting max money.

BallPhunk
05-18-2010, 07:32 PM

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

It is hilarious how LAL fans vacillate between revering their players (most of the time) and diminishing them when Kobe struggles. LAL fans love to say Kobe carried scrubs from 05'-07'. The great Odom was on the roster. Therefore Odom was a scrub too, no? Or did he improve sometime this spring? If Kobe shots 10 for 30 in the next game and Odom has his usual 8/8 he will be a scrub again. :roll:

Gasol averages 9.9 boards in the playoffs for his career; Amare 9.5. Why single out Gasol's best season and Amare's worst rebounding playoff run? Have you forgotten what Amare and Marion did to Gasol in Memphis? Or what Amare did to Odam and the Lakers in the 07' playoffs (Amare averaged 24/14 as PHX beat LA 4-1)?

So first you point to one game (the last one for Gasol), and when faced with this years playoffs:

For the 2010 playoffs:

Gasol: 135 rebounds in 11 games

...you start going back years? Yeah, that makes more sense then comparing this years playoffs.

And I'm not an "LA fan" either, which is why I replied in the first place. People who make the "XXX fans are blah blah..." are as bad as the trolls themselves.

It's not a fluke or lucky - he has the talent and has proven it.
Amare shouldn't talk given his play. He should have a big game and shove it down their throats. Till then...

Bosnian Sajo
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Amare>Odom

Currently in the conf finals Odom is playing better..

Allstar24
05-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Gasol averages 9.9 boards in the playoffs for his career; Amare 9.5. Why single out Gasol's best season and Amare's worst rebounding playoff run? Have you forgotten what Amare and Marion did to Gasol in Memphis? Or what Amare did to the Lakers in the 07' playoffs (24/14 as PHX beat LA 4-1)?

Why would you bring up Gasol's numbers from Memphis? We're talking about the playoffs THIS year. In terms of production in the playoffs this year, it's not even close. Gasol is outplaying Amare in every way possible. Amare's always been playing with multiple All-stars on his team, Gasol didn't have that luxury until coming to LA. You cannot compare the two situations. FYI, I never thought Bynum > Amare.

monkeypox
05-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Lucky as in he can't duplicate the same performance consistently.. Thats what he meant.. he was averaging 9ppg/9rpg coming into this series. aint that luck ??

I think you really need to examine your understanding of what luck means. The Lakers may have been lucky that Odom had a good game, but it's not luck that he had a good game. As far as Amare is concerned he doesn't need to change anything he's doing, and that's bad news for the Suns. It's a good thing his coach doesn't agree with him.

game3524
05-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Some of you guys are complete morons, I have never heard anyone questioning Lamar's talent(Laker fans or non-Laker fans), the problem has always been he wasn't consistent. Odom has always been a great rebounder, if he brought it every night the Lakers would have no trouble in the playoffs.

BTW Amare should STFU, your a 4 and you only grab 3 rebounds? That is pathetic, I like Amare but this is just a stupid thing to say.

crisoner
05-18-2010, 07:55 PM

LOL

I hope Lamar takes this a challenge to be consistent every game from now on. Keeping steeping up Lamar and we can't be beat!

ZenMaster
05-18-2010, 08:00 PM

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

The thing about Gasol is that since he's been with the Lakers is rebounding% (TRB%)has gone up every playoffs compared to the last one. From 13.6 in 08, to 15.6 last year and 18.3 this year.

Amare had a 20.4 TRB% in 07, though only for 10 games, and it's his only playoff ever above 15%. In 08 he was at 12.9% and this year he's at 11.3%

And for reference, Lamar Odom's TRB% this playoffs his higher than both, he's at 18.7%

And for those who don't know, TRB% is the percentage of rebounds a player gets of how ever many that's available while he's on the court. It's a better indicator of good rebounding than just total rebounds.

El Seano
05-18-2010, 08:00 PM

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

Sad thing is I agree with you on how fairweather Laker fans on this board can be but you're putting so much effort into discrediting the Lakers and trying to point out their flaws whilst ignoring their good traits that your bias is obvious and it's making you look petty as ****.

But hey I'm an anonymous internet user, what do you care! Why I could probably call you a buttpirate and you'd not even raise an eyebrow!

You buttpirate.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 08:20 PM
So first you point to one game (the last one for Gasol)

Did you read the OP? The thread title? This was about one game and LAL fans harped on Amare's 3 boards even though Gasol had 3 as well. They then decided to expand the sample to 11 games. Why not look at their entire careers then? We all know this is Amare's worst rebounding year in the playoffs and this year was Gasol's best year in rebounding. Put the facts on the table and let people decide for themselves. We are not bound by LAL parameters.

It's not a fluke or lucky - he has the talent and has proven it

As LAL fans themselves will tell you if Kobe has a few bad games, the problem with Odom is his lack of consistency. 19/19. Look at his playoff numbers this year. Which performance is not like the others?

Currently in the conf finals Odom is playing better..

Therefore Odom>Gasol too...

Why would you bring up Gasol's numbers from Memphis? We're talking about the playoffs THIS year.

Who is "we"? This thread is about one game. LAL fans broadened it a bit to 11 games so what is the big deal about looking at their entire careers?

Gasol is outplaying Amare in every way possible.

Call me when Gasol gets a single MVP vote. 12-18 guys get them every year. Gasol has NEVER gotten a single MVP vote. Amare has finished as high as 6th and received some MVP votes this year. Amare has been all-NBA first team and all-NBA second team several times. Gasol has never been higher than all-NBA third team and that was only after he became overrated after coming to the purple and gold. Amare>Gasol regardless of one game.

have never heard anyone questioning Lamar's talent(Laker fans or non-Laker fans), the problem has always been he wasn't consistent. Odom has always been a great rebounder, if he brought it every night the Lakers would have no trouble in the playoffs.

That is kind of what Amare was getting at. :oldlol: at how LAL fans suddenly act as if Odom having 19/19 is a typical game for him when so often this year we heard how inconsistent he is. Please shoot 10 for 30 tomorrow Kobe!

BTW Amare should STFU, your a 4 and you only grab 3 rebounds? That is pathetic

How many did 7'0" PF Gasol have?

The thing about Gasol is that since he's been with the Lakers is rebounding% (TRB%)has gone up every playoffs compared to the last one. From 13.6 in 08, to 15.6 last year and 18.3 this year.

He is having a career year this year in terms of rebounding. His career average in the regular season is 9.0 and his best years prior to this season were 9.8, 9.6, and 8.9. Yet he jumped to 11.3 this year. Conversely, this is Amare's worst playoff run in rebounding so it is misleading to limit this talk to 11 games in 10'.

you're putting so much effort into discrediting the Lakers and trying to point out their flaws whilst ignoring their good traits that your bias is obvious

Um, according to several Jordan fans here I am a Lakers fan myself (their rationale: I am a Pippen fan and we all know how Pippen was a Lakers legend)! :lol

BlueandGold
05-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Nt sure who it was exactly but whoever said Amare was a poor man's Kemp might be right on the money. I mean he plays horrible defense, and when asked about it he says, and i quote "because I was never taught to'. If your playing professional ball, that should never be an excuse. Everyone who is in the NBA right now, or at least all of the starters, have been going to Nike basketball camps since they were 12. Maybe amare was taught how to pay defense yet never listened.

How many did 7'0" PF Gasol have?

And how many things have Gasol said that were intended to discredit the other team's play?

Meticode
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Odom=champion
Still doesn't change the fact that Amare > Odom.

zizozain
05-18-2010, 08:27 PM
let's end this :
1- of course any player needs some luck to perform well
2- Amare didn't chose the correct word .. he means (it was Odom's night)
you all agree

Allstar24
05-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Call me when Gasol gets a single MVP vote. 12-18 guys get them every year. Gasol has NEVER gotten a single MVP vote. Amare has finished as high as 6th and received some MVP votes this year. Amare has been all-NBA first team and all-NBA second team several times. Gasol has never been higher than all-NBA third team and that was only after he became overrated after coming to the purple and gold. Amare>Gasol regardless of one game.
Call me when Amare wins a championship. Or even when he gets to the finals. Or when he carries his own team to the playoffs 3 years in a row. It's easy to look good when you're playing with Steve Nash for your entire career.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Call me when Amare wins a championship. Or even when he gets to the finals. Or when he carries his own team to the playoffs 3 years in a row. It's easy to look good when you're playing with Steve Nash for your entire career.

It's easy to look good with Nash? This is ironic coming from a Gasol partisan. Gasol was not even considered top 5 at his position before playing with Kobe/in LA. He was a 1x borderline all-star. He never cracked an all-NBA team. Now he is the "best big man in the game"?! Amare averaged 21/9 without Nash at age 21. We'll see what Amare can do without Nash in Chicago, New York, or Miami next season...

Or when he carries his own team to the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Or "carries" a team to 20-24 wins. :roll: Amare was 6th in MVP voting (ahead of Nash) on a 55 win team that was 2 games out of the first seed. One thing is for sure, no team with Amare as its best player would win 20-24 games. This is why several teams want to build around Amare while Memphis shipped Gasol for free because they saw the results Gasol was "leading" his team to...

Call me when Amare wins a championship. Or even when he gets to the finals

Deal. :cheers:

OldSchoolBBall
05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Umm, Odom averaged 19+ pts/13 rebounds vs. Amare in the 2007 playoffs. Averaged. Odom is a MUCH better rebounder than Amare, who is a mediocre/below average rebounder for his size/athleticism/position. Odom is fully capable of having another 17+ rebound gam or two at Amare's expense, so Amare should shut his mouth and man up.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Umm, Odom averaged 19+ pts/13 rebounds vs. Amare in the 2007 playoffs. Averaged.

And Amare averaged 24+ points/14 rebounds against Odom as Odom's team was bounced 4-1 in the first round, even though the "great" Odom was playing with the best player in the league. :pimp:

oh the horror
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

I dont know dude. You seem to be the one throwing a fit in this thread.

You're going through insane lengths for absolutely nothing. Face it, the Suns are not beating this LA team. End of story.

What does Bynum have to do with anything? Thats just odd.

You're literally bringing up Gasol "not winning an MVP" and yada yada...again, what does that have to do with anything? Wtf is going on in this thread?

OldSchoolBBall
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
And Amare averaged 24+ points/14 rebounds against Odom as Odom's team was bounced 4-1 in the first round, even though the "great" Odom was playing with the best player in the league. :pimp:

Definitely didn't realize Amare averaged 14 boards that same series, especially considering what a relatively poor rebounder he is. He's also an appreciably worse rebounder since the microfracture surgery, since he doesn't get as many boards off pure athleticism.

chazzy
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Not sure how this turned into a "Who's had a better career - Amare or Pau?" thread :oldlol:

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Definitely didn't realize Amare averaged 14 boards that same series, especially considering what a relatively poor rebounder he is. He's also an appreciably worse rebounder since the microfracture surgery, since he doesn't get as many boards off pure athleticism.

To be fair, his 07' series was obviously after that surgery. In the regular season he had a career high in rebounding at 9.6 and had another career high in the playoffs with 12.1. He isn't a bad rebounder; he just underachieves compared to his theoretical ability. He was 17th in rebounding this year with 8.9 and averaged 9.6 after the all-star break. 9.6 would have put him 12th. Of course, he lags behind the other elite PF's Bosh, Boozer, Lee and Gasol. The funny thing is Gasol's rebounding is identical to Amare's every season of his career except for this one yet no one ever railed at his relatively poor rebounding for a PF.

What does Bynum have to do with anything? Thats just odd.

LAL fans love to criticize Amare. Earlier this season they were on a "Bynum>Amare" crusade. :lol Now it is Odom>Amare?

Gasol came up because LAL fans took shots at a PF like Amare having only 3 boards. I couldn't help but notice that THEIR star PF also had only 3 boards. They then brought up Gasol's career year in rebounding this season, said Gasol>Amare, etc.

BTW, does any LAL fan have an answer for:

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

Eldrunko247
05-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Amare is the most overrated bum ever. Worst defensive player ever. Can jump out of the building but can't rebound. Athletic and strong but can't box out. Dumb as a brick. Amare and Boozer have to be the most worthless big name big men in the league. Milsap>Amare :roll:

BFRESH44
05-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Amare avg 9 rebounds a game for his career, why are some fools in here implying the dude is Eddy Curry-like on the glass?

TheGreatDeraj
05-18-2010, 10:18 PM
How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? :oldlol: at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3). Of course, these are the same people who said Bynum>Amare earlier this year! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3773216#post3773216

Bookmarking this thread for when Kobe has a bad game or two and LAL fans blame Odom and co. for the LAL losing!

How is Gasol going to get rebounds when Lamar has 19? Lakers outrebounded the suns 42 - 34. You can't even compare the two. Gasol actually had a POSITIVE impact on his team. Gasol is averaging 12 rebounds a game in the playoffs. Amare: 6.6 rebound a game :roll:

Gasol > Amare in every aspect of the game. Passing, rebounding, defense, scoring, you name it gasol is probably better. Except for long two's, amare has certainly added that to his game :oldlol: . I'll take Gasols amazing post game and midrange game over that.

OldSchoolBBall
05-18-2010, 10:25 PM
To be fair, his 07' series was obviously after that surgery.

Could've swore he had the surgery that offseason between the '07 and '08 seasons -- you sure?

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Could've swore he had the surgery that offseason between the '07 and '08 seasons -- you sure?

The big microfracture surgery was during the 06' season. He came back with career highs in rebounding in 07' for both the regular season and the playoffs. In 08' he was at 9.3 rpg before Shaq joined the team. Other than 2009, he has been between 8.8-9.6 his entire career. Take away 9.6 as his peak and he is remarkably consistent, 8.8-9.1 (8.9 for this season, 9.6 after the ASG and we know it took him time to adjust to playing with goggles). Of course, this is not great for a PF but these numbers mirror Gasol's for every season of Gasol's career except this one and no one harped on his rebounding prior to this season.

Amare avg 9 rebounds a game for his career, why are some fools in here implying the dude is Eddy Curry-like on the glass?

90% of them are LAL fans. They probably remember Amare putting up 24/14 and sending PEAK Kobe and the "great" Odom home 4-1 in the first round. :pimp:

Gasol > Amare in every aspect of the game. Passing, rebounding, defense, scoring, you name it gasol is probably better.

Amare 2nd team all-NBA
Gasol 3rd team all-NBA (career high--never better than 3rd and he never sniffed an all-NBA team prior to his LA hype)

Gasol received less MVP votes than Stephen Jackson and a 6th man this year. :oldlol: Let's face it, prior to LA Gasol was not considered top 5 at his position by many people and was a fluke 1x all-star. In other words, he was considered to be similar to what David Lee is today. Yet he goes to LA, wears purple and gold and suddenly is the greatest PF? I agree he was underrated then but he is overrated now.

TheGreatDeraj
05-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Amare 2nd team all-NBA
Gasol 3rd team all-NBA (career high--never better than 3rd and he never sniffed an all-NBA team prior to his LA hype)

Gasol received less MVP votes than Stephen Jackson and a 6th man this year. :oldlol: Let's face it, prior to LA Gasol was not considered top 5 at his position by many people and was a fluke 1x all-star. In other words, he was considered to be similar to what David Lee is today. Yet he goes to LA, wears purple and gold and suddenly is the greatest PF? I agree he was underrated then but he is overrated now.

Who cares about MVP votes? How is Amare better than Gasol? You didn't address my argument at all. Before he got to LA? Gasol lead his team to 50 wins and the playoffs. then he got injured and his value dropped. Gasol was good back then, but he has developed into an even better player. Again, Gasol is a better scorer, rebounder, defender, passer than Amare. Amare has athletism on Gasol, but Gasol has height and length.

He is arguably the best PF in the game. Duncan and KG have both regressed. Dirk has the best argument. Dirk is better offensively and I'd say they are about equal on the boards. Gasol is the better defender. Dirk is the better number 1 option but Gasol is the better 2 guy imo.

gts
05-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Some perspective might be nice...

For the 2010 playoffs:

a little more perspective

lamar is averaging 27 minutes a game
amare 35 mpg

YouGotServed
05-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Amare do yourself a favor and start defending, instead of hiding with sh*t your own holes.

Agreed, he did a horrible job guarding Odom. He kept giving Odom his left side, instead of forcing him to his right. Stoudemire, first things first. Start playing defense then you can tweet all you want.

gts
05-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Agreed, he did a horrible job guarding Odom. He kept giving Odom his left side, instead of forcing him to his right. Stoudemire, first things first. Start playing defense then you can tweet all you want.
lol did the idiot tweet it also? i heard it on the radio today from the suns practice this morning.. a reporter asked amare about odom's 19/19 and he said I'm not giving him no hype, he had a lucky game."

Scribbles
05-19-2010, 02:16 AM
How the hell is this lucky? Amare should stop disrespecting the best PF in the game

gts
05-19-2010, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE]One person who strongly disagreed with Stoudemire was his own coach. Alvin Gentry said Stoudemire made

BlueandGold
05-19-2010, 08:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnPLwPN3Ue8OkNiv9D5zkDu8vLYF?slug=mc-stoudemireodom051810

good thing to see that there are actually leaders on that team now that hold people accountable for their actions in Gentry, Nash and even Hill. Before in the D'antoni days there was never any accountability from the players, especially on the defensive end.

I believe great coaches coach great players, and Dantoni is definitely not a great coach, at least not a great defensive one. Although it's obviously not entirely or even majority of Dantoni's fault that Amare is the player he is now I believe there the right coaching for a player is definitely a factor that goes into his development.

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Well maybe it is lucky for Odom last game, and now it is lucky for Artest. The Lakers only need four lucky guys to end Phoenix's playoff run...

Eldrunko247
05-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Amare=idiot /thread

LA KB24
05-20-2010, 12:48 AM
:roll: @ Amar'e.

Replay32
05-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Amare is allergic to defense and rebounding. He has no FLAVOR on defense. It's like he's scared.

gts
05-20-2010, 01:15 AM
good thing to see that there are actually leaders on that team now that hold people accountable for their actions in Gentry, Nash and even Hill. Before in the D'antoni days there was never any accountability from the players, especially on the defensive end.

I believe great coaches coach great players, and Dantoni is definitely not a great coach, at least not a great defensive one. Although it's obviously not entirely or even majority of Dantoni's fault that Amare is the player he is now I believe there the right coaching for a player is definitely a factor that goes into his development.
i actually like gentry alot, he's a good coach, knows his stuff and will go far.. i also like that he's even handed, even in his clippers days he held players accountable but without degrading them, suns made a good move by appointing him... plus he just seems like one of the good guys of the NBA

All Net
05-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Was Lamar's 17 and 11 game 2 also lucky then Amare? :lol

YouGotServed
05-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Amare calls out Odom and proceeds to have a total of 6 rebounds the following game. :oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
05-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Amare has always been overrated imo. The only time I've really been wowed by his ability was in that playoff series where he beasted vs. Duncan to the tune of like 35 pts/12 reb/54% FG.

Jacks3
05-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Odom will beast this entire series, which will cause everybody to forget his disappointing play in the Utah and OKC series...Knowing him, he'll probably be nowhere to been against the Celtics either. :violin:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Amare is a sissy
http://givemetherock.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/barondavisskating.jpg

trig
05-20-2010, 04:52 AM
There's nothing wrong with Amare's statement. Odom is lucky bec he's being "guarded" by Amare

Kobe can shout GO GO Go all night and Amare wont know how to defend that simple pick and roll

dough
05-20-2010, 05:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMg9jlSIeM

biasedfan
05-20-2010, 05:10 AM
There's nothing wrong with Amare's statement. Odom is lucky bec he's being "guarded" by Amare

Kobe can shout GO GO Go all night and Amare wont know how to defend that simple pick and roll

Haha that play where Kobe was yelling GO GO GO to Pau, it wasn't even a pick and roll, just the "roll" and Amare just watched Pau roll to the basket for the easy deuce, disgusting.

godofgods
05-20-2010, 06:22 AM
I feel bad for Nash wasting his prime with the softest, most overrated PF of all time in Amare. ***** can't even handle Odom.

trig
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Odom should start yelling "LUCKY!!" everytime he grabs a rebound

Lone Laker
05-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Two great nicknames out of this:

"Lucky" Lamar Odom

Amare "The Matador" Stoudemire

YouGotServed
05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Moral of the story: Play defense

imdaman99
05-20-2010, 10:16 AM
playing defense doesnt require a skillset. it requires desire to play defense. i can be a scrub on the courts but if i give it 100% on defense than im going to make some people work for their points. im a knicks fan and i dont want amare as a big man, even though dantoni feels like no defense is good. not that bosh is any better on defense either. sigh, where are the great defensive power forwards of the league? i dont like the guy but kg gives it his all. he might get burned and dunked on, but thats better than matadoring someone for an easy dunk. ewing was our protector and he got dunked on by everyone and their grandmothers. i never thought of him any less.

Se
05-20-2010, 10:24 AM
He got lucky for the first two games, it's a shame he can't apply his luck to his love life. He got the ugliest Kardashian

redhonda76
05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
To Amare: Learn to play defense, Learn to box out, Learn to rebound,

Stop crying and start playing if you think you are a "franchise player or a max player". You have done absolutely nothing in the playoffs except putting on empty stats.

YouGotServed
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
To Amare: Learn to play defense, Learn to box out, Learn to rebound,

Stop crying and start playing if you think you are a "franchise player or a max player". You have done absolutely nothing in the playoffs except putting on empty stats.

He is in the Western Conference finals, how are his stats empty?

Kensta
05-20-2010, 12:30 PM
playing defense doesnt require a skillset. it requires desire to play defense. i can be a scrub on the courts but if i give it 100% on defense than im going to make some people work for their points. im a knicks fan and i dont want amare as a big man, even though dantoni feels like no defense is good. not that bosh is any better on defense either. sigh, where are the great defensive power forwards of the league? i dont like the guy but kg gives it his all. he might get burned and dunked on, but thats better than matadoring someone for an easy dunk. ewing was our protector and he got dunked on by everyone and their grandmothers. i never thought of him any less.

Not neccessarily true. I say you do need skillset to play D. Learn to not bite on pump fakes, need good footwork, need to know when to switch, etc...
I don't think it's that easy imo.

trig
05-20-2010, 12:32 PM

he got lucky :lol

Bigsmoke
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Odom=champion

actually. its the other way around

Shawn Kemp could never rack up 30+ games like the way Amare can

Bigsmoke
05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I feel bad for Nash wasting his prime with the softest, most overrated PF of all time in Amare. ***** can't even handle Odom.

Nash isnt really doing much in this series either when i think about it.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Nash is 36 or 37 years old. That's his prime?

Johnni Gade
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
he mad

redhonda76
05-20-2010, 01:41 PM

You mean to tell me that Amare push his team to the WC finals? He has been a disappointment and was nothing like the player after the All Stars. For a guy that is "considered" to be paid like franchise player/MVP, he has been very overrated.

clayton
05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Amare's best year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMh2qBO9eXo
A defender and a non jump-shooter. Amare, just go back to your old self.

BallsOut
05-21-2010, 05:22 PM
BTW, does any LAL fan have an answer for:

7/6
4/8
8/6
12/6
7/8
9/7
9/12
11/15
8/8
10/5
19/19

Minutes played. Odom played more minutes in the last 2 games because of Bynum's knee. When given the proper minutes, Lamar is capable of putting up double doubles on a nightly basis. He could also lead the league in rebounding if he played as many minutes as Dwight or whoever. Dude has heart on the boards.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-21-2010, 08:09 PM
lol at greg sager asking amare if the lakers winning the first 2 games was luck. i almost sh!t myself and i can;t believe amare gave a serious answer to a very sarcastic question.