PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics

bhallic24
05-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Honestly, I think theres about a 99% chance this series is over. So much for an entertaining conference final. But just for sh1ts and giggles, lets see what types of adjustments or changes you would do if SVG got fired or just quit out of frustration and you now had to coach the Magic back from a 0-2 hole.

Personally, I'd use the personnel differently. I never liked SVG's use of Rashard Lewis at the 4. He's a horrible rebounder and low post defender at the PF spot. And oh btw, he's been making Mo Williams look good this series. He can't really defend KG, can't make a three, and just looks completely lost on offense.

I'd take him to the bench. switch in Gortat at the 4. Having lewis at the 4 puts too much pressure on Dhow to serve as both a C and PF since he really doesn't get help down low.

Or maybe, I'd try and experiment with Howard, Gortat, VC, Rashard, Nelson.
Because I think playing against a less physical Ray Allen may just do him wonders. I'd bench Matt Barnes too since his back is definitely affecting him.

Problem is Boston has tons of counters because their personell is just better.
The rondo-KG pick and roll is seriously deadly against Dwight howard if boston keeps using it. Howard can't cover rondo and kg both and nelson is easily picked off and rendered useless.

pete's montreux
05-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Score more points than us.

kidachi
05-19-2010, 12:17 AM
stop giving the ball to Nelson.. or lessen it..

PP34Deuce
05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Tell Vince to take his skirt off.....

Honestly When it comes to Finals its coaching. Doc has been a better coach throughout his years. StanVG has a lot of talent on that team and really doesnt know how to utilize it.

Kenny Smith said it best. we are a leaky faucet. We have 2 guys that can consistently carry the game.

bhallic24
05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
wait is Brandon Bass on the magic roster or on dal? If he is, I'd use him more too. Guy is underrated. Plus his jumper can spread out the low post for dhow to work.

t-rex
05-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Folks, this series is over.

I don't know if it will be a sweep. But there is no way the Magic can win 4 of 5 against these Celtics.

Boston won tonight with Ray Allen only scoring 4 points on 1-6 FG shooting.

Think about it.

The Magic and Celtics have played two games. Both in Orlando. The Celtics have had double digit leads in the second half of both games. In fact I could be wrong but I don't think the Magic have led by more than 2 points at any point of the first two games. That says a lot!

This series really has not been close.

hawkfan
05-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Fire SVG - the best adjustment they can make. Do it now.

AMISTILLILL
05-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Start Williams. Seriously. True PG who will pass first. This isn't the Jason Williams of old who chucked up ridiculous three's. He takes shots when no one else is open. Nelson is cold.

No more Shard at the 4 spot.

More Gortat and Howard in at the same time.

Less minutes for Carter if he's missing shots early. More minutes for Redick.

What do they have to lose? Some of these switch outs actually worked in their favor quite a bit tonight.

bhallic24
05-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Start Williams. Seriously. True PG who will pass first. This isn't the Jason Williams of old who chucked up ridiculous three's. He takes shots when no one else is open. Nelson is cold.

What do they have to lose? Some of these switch outs actually worked in their favor quite a bit tonight.

yea they need a lineup makeover. and you know what really pisses me off about VC? More than missing the 2 FTs? The fact that he can get to the rim anytime he wants and instead of going up strong, he fades away! WTF? This is called playing to your opponents. stop being such a ***** and take it to the hole like a man. You'd never see lebron fade away 2 ft from the basket after a drive. SVG needs to talk to this kid.

dbugz
05-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Where the hell is Bass? is he injured or something?

Dwight is the only one one who play in the inside for the Magic, there's no one there to take any offensive rebounds at least. The dude badly need a help inside.

Lakers13
05-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Make their 3's and hope Lewis wakes up

AK47DR91
05-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Folks, this series is over.

I don't know if it will be a sweep. But there is no way the Magic can win 4 of 5 against these Celtics.

Boston won tonight with Ray Allen only scoring 4 points on 1-6 FG shooting.

Think about it.

The Magic and Celtics have played two games. Both in Orlando. The Celtics have had double digit leads in the second half of both games. In fact I could be wrong but I don't think the Magic have led by more than 2 points at any point of the first two games. That says a lot!

This series really has not been close.

Only way this will be a series if Orlando has more of one player having a great performance during a game.

Game 1: Carter and Nelson had a good but not great. Dwight was awful.
Game 2: Dwight was great. Nelson, Carter, Lewis...all sucked.
Gortat and Reddick have been a sparkplug off the bench bbut you can't win with two role players.

Boston had Pierce, Ray and Sheed offensively, and defensively had KG and KP for Game 1. Game 2 had Pierce and Rondo on the offense with some extra scoring from Perkins and Davis too. Garnett has been pretty bad offensively both games but still great on the D.

Killbot
05-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Give JJ Reddick more minutes to defend Ray Allen, but don't let him have the ball at the end of the game.
Give Marcin Gortat more minutes because he can rebound very well and can help bolster a run.
Allow Brandon Bass to play. If he's rebounding and hustling, then keep him in.

This may or may not work, but I would try something like this:
Nelson
Reddick
Barnes
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

Williams
Carter
Pietrus
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

Amil23
05-19-2010, 01:03 AM
hit shots.They are nothing more than a bunch of stand still shooters who make a living off teams doubling Dwight and getting open shots.Now that Dwight is getting shut down in 1 on 1 situations,no more open 3s and they are being exposed as guys who cant get their own shots with the exception of VC.Nothing is going to change

bhallic24
05-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Give JJ Reddick more minutes to defend Ray Allen, but don't let him have the ball at the end of the game.
Give Marcin Gortat more minutes because he can rebound very well and can help bolster a run.
Allow Brandon Bass to play. If he's rebounding and hustling, then keep him in.

This may or may not work, but I would try something like this:
Nelson
Reddick
Barnes
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

Williams
Carter
Pietrus
Bass/Gortat
Bass/Howard

yea I mean at this point, reddick has proven he can and should get minutes. But the key is still the bigs. Rashard lewis should be playing 0 minutes at PF. Bass and Gortat own that spot. If SVG starts Lewis at the 4 next game, I might as well turn the game off bc we all know the result.

Killbot
05-19-2010, 01:08 AM
yea I mean at this point, reddick has proven he can and should get minutes. But the key is still the bigs. Rashard lewis should be playing 0 minutes at PF. Bass and Gortat own that spot. If SVG starts Lewis at the 4 next game, I might as well turn the game off bc we all know the result.

I'd give Rashard maybe at most 5 minutes and see how well he does, but I won't start him. I would start Bass, and see how Rashard reacts. If that makes him work harder, then I will be able to see that through his game.

kobesabi
05-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Stop taking too many 3s when you aren't so hot on it. If you live by the 3s...you die by it also...you can't last long with that in a 7 game series. Drive more...

Oh, tell superman to fly in and dunk those ball...don't let the GREEN Kryptonites get him.

hkc
05-19-2010, 03:25 AM
i say get nelson out of the game. hes a horrible point guard. hes not pass first, which is what the magic need. case in point, end of the game, carter wide open to his right, lewis with a look at the basket to the left, and instead he shoots it. ive seen him fail to throw passes out of the pick and role to open shooters, or just fail to give howard the ball when he needs it. run this lineup: howard, bass/gortat, lewis at 3, VC, williams. rotate barnes, nelson (on 6th man duties), and reddick into that lineup. as much as i love pietrus, hes played like crap.

the one problem with bass though, is that he tends to be a black hole with the ball. he shoots it 95% of the time. if hes doing that bench him, and get gortat in there.

and god damnit howard needs to GO STRAIGHT UP WITH THE BALL. he's always bringing it down to gather and go up strong to dunk, but that gives his defenders a chance to 1) recover, 2) swipe at the ball, 3) foul him. id argue he had a high scoring game more because he was making his free throws then actual fg attempts.

dbugz
05-19-2010, 05:41 AM
It's funny how people here praise Jameer Nelson last week before the series start that he's playing healthy and how he will be the problem for the Celtics. Now, it seems like there's a change of tune and now people are hating on him for being a horrible PG :roll:

YouGotServed
05-19-2010, 05:48 AM
It's funny how people here praise Jameer Nelson last week before the series start that he's playing healthy and how he will be the problem for the Celtics. Now, it seems like there's a change of tune and now people are hating on him for being a horrible PG :roll:

Who was the idiot who said Jameer Nelson would cancel out with Rondo in the series? :oldlol:

Harison
05-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Start Gortat at PF, he was huge off the bench, and could play alongside Dwight nicely.

Give more time for Reddick, outside one dumbheaded play in the last game, he was their best player after Howard. Deadly shooter, hustle guy (one possession he got like 3(!) offensive rebounds).

Start Lewis at SF off the bench, at least he could shoot over Pierce, Lewis has no chance vs Garnett.

Move the ball more, look at what Celtics are doing - few extra passes leads to wide open looks, while Magic more often than not had to hit difficult shots. They actually do this from time to time, but they need always play like this, not several times per game only.

Just these changes would make Magic much more competitive, and maybe even tip the scales to their side, lets see how SVG adjusts.

It's A VC3!!!
05-19-2010, 08:00 AM
If Vince made both his free throws and jj called a timeout correctly, the magic would undoubtably win that game... but w/e time for game 3.

But for game 3 these are the things that need to happen.
1. don't give dwight the ball in the post...everyone has said it..the magic WILL not win like that
2.rashard needs to score or sit.
3.jameer needs to be an actual pg and make some plays.

If the magic do that they give themselves another chance to win..i mean they have been playing poorly and had 2 great chances to win these last two games...celtics just got a little bit lucky

coin24
05-19-2010, 08:11 AM
If Vince made both his free throws and jj called a timeout correctly, the magic would undoubtably win that game... but w/e time for game 3.

But for game 3 these are the things that need to happen.
1. don't give dwight the ball in the post...everyone has said it..the magic WILL not win like that
2.rashard needs to score or sit.
3.jameer needs to be an actual pg and make some plays.

If the magic do that they give themselves another chance to win..i mean they have been playing poorly and had 2 great chances to win these last two games...celtics just got a little bit lucky

I couldnt agree more...

I would probably start Gortat and Williams,,, bring nelson and rashard off the bench
Rashard has been fkn terrible, has he forgotten how to shoot???

If they're not doubling dwight definitely stop feeding him in the post, and maybe give BRANDON BASS some minutes!!!!! The guy is a hustler, is money from 12 to 15 ft and loves to dunk:lol :lol

Derka
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm not too keen on figuring out how to beat the team I'm supporting this postseason...but I'll go. This will be longing.

People really want to hop on Rashard Lewis' lack of offense right now, but ya'll need to remember that he's being defended by a healthy, hungry, championship-obsessed Kevin Garnett. That's not sucky Antawn Jamison defending him in the post anymore. The only way this guy is going to get the open 3's he needs to put the big points up against this Celtics team is on offensive rebounds and rare KG defensive lapses. Otherwise, the best thing he can contribute is to continue to limit KG's offense.

Vince. He choked last night...every NBA player with a big name has to suffer through this at some point, unfortunately. I doubt he's going to do that again this series. However, the pouting...the towel throwing...the pointing and shaking his head...this guy is a playoff veteran who should be bringing leadership and poise to his teammates and he's acting like a whiny kid right now. That's going to hurt you more over the next two games if he can't square it away. Man up, Vince.

Howard...I said on this board that the Magic were going to do everything but move the f*cking moon to win this game. This was the only guy who seemed to adjust his game to try and do just that. What an offensive explosion for him...he still wasn't getting his favorite spots, but he was putting big shots in for them. Also...he took a f*cking beating last night with the fouls....but he got up there and made a good percentage of his free throws. And he's still the defensive anchor out there. Unfortunately, he might have to score 30 a night from this point forward if the Celtics D keeps playing like this.

Nelson seems lost when he gets to the middle and doesn't have a guy wide open waiting to shoot a three.

You guys need more Jason Williams, Marcin Gortat and JJ Redick...if the starters aren't getting it done. Yeah Redick bone-headed in a huge moment last night...it happens. Forgive the guy because he's currently your best defensive option to keep Ray Allen as non-existent as he's been so far this series. You don't want Ray waking up if you're an Orlando fan...you really don't.

Being down 2-0 going on the road is a hard place to be, but the Magic have won 4 games on the road already these playoffs. I hope to Christ my Celtics keep the intensity up because there's no other way to beat this team on Saturday. They're not going to quit on their season, so neither should we.

bballer
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
There is no adjustments they can make. They are ****ed

It's A VC3!!!
05-19-2010, 09:07 AM
There is no adjustments they can make. They are ****ed
Of coarse the Magic can make adjustments...Have they been blown out this series..no they have been beaten by four points and three points, and if your nit-picky like me you can argue that the Magic should be 2-0.

HylianNightmare
05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Start preparing for the off season

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Well there's nothing you can do after losing two home games. Simply wait and see if the Celtics make mistakes as the Rockets did in 2005, which I doubt will ever happen.

wally_world
05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Play Redick, bench Barnes, do not let Rashard matchup with KG.

Nelson / Redick / VC / Gortat / Howard
with JWill, Pietrus, Lewis rotating the 3 main bench spots.

Agent_Zero
05-19-2010, 11:58 AM

agreed...they need to shake it up if want a chance at grabbing a win in boston.

SFMF
05-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Prepare to lose.:violin:

swstein
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Orlando have no chance.

This is going to be 4-0.

Nelson is back to making bad decisions.
Howard can't carry them.
Lewis isn't turning up.

They have no chance.

Game 1 was pathetic. Game 2 wasn't much better.

Boston can just take Orlando apart, Rondo can get anywhere he wants on the court, anytime he wants. I'm so sick of seeing Orlando players fail to step in front of a guy and take a charge, or at least try to stop the ball, it's pathetic.

They deserve to lose 4-0.

At one point in the game Rondo beats Gortat, Nelson and ( I think ) Lewis or Barnes to a rebound. That just shouldn't happen. This is the damn playoffs! Start playing like you are in the playoffs!

Funkadelic
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't get why youre talking down on rashard lewis. He needs to be in the starting line up. They just need to get him going early on offense, if he's not scoring around 20 a game, they're not going to win.

Amil23
05-19-2010, 04:46 PM
This series have been a massacre.Even though the scores was close at the end,you never had a feeling the Magic were in or there was no doubt at the end of the games who were the better team.Dominated in every way.The Celtics match up extremely well with the Magic.

Jeannot
05-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Normally Howard is being double teamed so someone gets open to shoot, but not that isnt happening and Howard being fouled they need to force shots. I dont see how Magic can take this series.

ashbelly
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Orlando have no chance.

This is going to be 4-0.

Nelson is back to making bad decisions.
Howard can't carry them.
Lewis isn't turning up.

They have no chance.

Game 1 was pathetic. Game 2 wasn't much better.

Boston can just take Orlando apart, Rondo can get anywhere he wants on the court, anytime he wants. I'm so sick of seeing Orlando players fail to step in front of a guy and take a charge, or at least try to stop the ball, it's pathetic.

They deserve to lose 4-0.

At one point in the game Rondo beats Gortat, Nelson and ( I think ) Lewis or Barnes to a rebound. That just shouldn't happen. This is the damn playoffs! Start playing like you are in the playoffs!

You now know why dwight wins the DPOY, he's accountable for almost 90% of their rebounds, everybody else stands around and watches him. They are not used to rebounding since they know he'll get them all. On the other hand, everybody on the celtics helps in rebounding.. team defense bro..

ukplayer4
05-19-2010, 11:58 PM
a good start would be your highest paid player(rashard lewis) not scoring 5.5 ppg on 20% shooting.

next would be to play ryan anderson or bass atleast a bit, what do you have to loose- rashards output?

rashard is the reason theyve done so badly not vince.

Andrei89
05-20-2010, 06:33 AM
No adjustements. Juts give up

Can't believe conference finals were so boring this year.

Jeannot
05-20-2010, 07:03 AM
No adjustements. Juts give up

Can't believe conference finals were so boring this year.

I have to agree with you.

If Magic played good basketbal, and then lost game one by 4 and game two by 3, it would have been different. But even with Ray Allen scoring 4 points, 1-6 FG's (couldnt hit a three also), boston still had control of the whole game.

The only way for Magic to win this is if SVG Changes his line up and I dont see that happening.

But you never know whats going to happen, so lets not make statements Lakers VS Boston yet. Though everyone thinks it, even the players on the Magic team. When your coach says their defense is just to strong and we cant beat them (he said that in Game 2, I think right after halftime) and walks away with a 'sigh' I dont see SVG motivating them for Game 3.

Jeannot
05-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Williams for Nelson, when he was in the game he had that fire in his eyes, like he was the only one that wanted to win. That can also help Magic. Start with Lewis, if he plays the same he did last game get him out of the game. Lewis had the most play time and shoot very bad. How do you let Lewis play that many minutes when he shoots so bad?

It's A VC3!!!
05-20-2010, 07:53 AM
I don't care who guards Rashard Lewis..the simple fact is that he needs to score atleast 15 points on Saturday. And Vince needs to go for 25+

G.O.A.T
05-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Any way to get Hedo Turk. back... I mean the raptors arent using him. right? That week layoff really killed the magic I think.. Turn off you TV's and come back for the finals who knows maybe even 6 or 7 games for the boston lakers series wouldnt that be nice and quite a change from these lame playoffs so far

Kujo
05-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Boy, the Magic have been really disappointing. Hell, this has been the most disappointing playoffs in years. The amount of sweeps we've had so far has been pathetic. Both conference finals potentially headed to sweeps as well. :rant

Back on topic, Rashard needs to wake-up, Jameer needs to make better decisions, VC needs to make FT's, Howard needs to rebound more, and block more shots, etc. Van Gundy might as well give Bass, and Howard some minutes. Maybe even play Gortat, and Howard together.

Game 3 is a must win. Sucks that we have to wait until Saturday night. Damn NBA playoff schedule. It's awful.

Jasi
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Very simply put, a team that so heavily relies on 3 pt shooting, cannot win it all.

Because if they nail them, they sweep the opponents, but if they don't they have no other chance than being outplayed in almost all other aspects of the game.

brooks_thompson
05-20-2010, 03:01 PM
unless rashard lewis hits 18 points the rest of the way out, it's simply over. carter's confidence is now shot, and who really expected him to show up big anyway.

someone else on here said it first, and i'll repeat it:

the magic and cavs spent the offseason building teams to beat each other, and they forgot about boston in the process.

boston's season didn't give anybody a reason to believe they'd make it past the second round, but they at least deserved the spurs media treatment this year and didn't get it. those miami beating boston predictions were laughable.

when you have 3 hall of fame veterans who can still play like all-stars on most nights, and when those 3 have already won a title together, you're never the underdog.

come playoff time in the nba, more experience equals more wins

Jeannot
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
unless rashard lewis hits 18 points the rest of the way out, it's simply over. carter's confidence is now shot, and who really expected him to show up big anyway.

someone else on here said it first, and i'll repeat it:

the magic and cavs spent the offseason building teams to beat each other, and they forgot about boston in the process.

boston's season didn't give anybody a reason to believe they'd make it past the second round, but they at least deserved the spurs media treatment this year and didn't get it. those miami beating boston predictions were laughable.

when you have 3 hall of fame veterans who can still play like all-stars on most nights, and when those 3 have already won a title together, you're never the underdog.

come playoff time in the nba, more experience equals more wins

I have to agree.
Everyone keeps telling Boston players are very old, but keep forgetting that they play better then almost every player in their position. Also Celtics have lots of young guys, though people overlook that because its always about the big three.

EricForman
05-20-2010, 03:20 PM
I have to agree.
Everyone keeps telling Boston players are very old, but keep forgetting that they play better then almost every player in their position. Also Celtics have lots of young guys, though people overlook that because its always about the big three.

Yeah, I feel that, most people (myself included) get blinded by regular season records and simply forget sometimes which teams is actually BETTER.

For example, 2006 finals. Everyone says Mavs choked, because Heat had a mediocre regular season and Mavs won 60 some games. But...before the season Heats were picked by many to win it all. THey had a stacked team. If you look at both teams on paper before season eveyrone would say Heat was better. But Mavs overachieved in regular season, Heat underachieved, so came finals everyone had this impression that Mavs SHOULD WIN, and when they lost it's because of choke.

Same deal with Cavs. The Cavs lineup last season simply wasn't all that. Mo Williams was the team's second best player. They have a bunch of solid guys from 3 through 8 but none are as good as say a Lamar Odom or Russell Westbrook. But the Cavs played hard, had great chemistry, and overachieved for 66 wins. So when they lost to the superior team in Orlando, people were disappointed.

this year, same deal. The Celtics have three HOFs who are still maybe 75-80% their old selves, a fourth superstar in the making, and a bunch of big bodies and vets. This lineup is STACKED. They are not exactly upsetting anyone.

Jasper
05-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Last few posts I agree with , but the most vivid point is that regular season games are not playoff games.
At the end of the season , you want to establish a rotation in your roster that fits like a glove , and each player on the roster knows exactly why they are there and what is expected of them.
Celtic's are not playing over their head , but just gel'n at the right time .
It's called the last hurray.

But most importantly defense as well as half court sets are and will win a championship , instead of run and gun and no defense.
If the later was true , Denver would of had a boat load of championships back in the realic days.
Lakers are built to play the playoffs and win a championship , because they can play transition ball and half court sets with their big men.
Celtics as well are built similiarly , and the real ingredient for slashing and fast break points like Tony Parker is Rondo.
This is VERY important to the skeem of playoff basketball.
Eon's ago the Chicago Bulls had Ron Harper , who played defense as his primary role , but as a big guard could go to the rack and dunk besides layups.
Layups in playoff basketball are literally like daggers to the defensive team , because it causes rotational issues , fouls and weakside put backs.
If celtics and lakers meet , Rondo will be the key to the game. Not Pierce.
Pierce , Allen , KG do not want to get into a fast break type game with anyone.
That said = Orlando has to increase tempo , get Vince on the wing , lewis has to start hitting jumpers , and some how Orlando has to get rondo into foul trouble.
if Lewis doesn't have his shot going immediately I'd have petrius (spl.) in playing Peirce 30 plus minutes.
remember this guy can slash and play fastbreak bball , besides a nice jumper when the options are there.
Van gundy has failed in this series.

GatorKid117
05-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I would like to see SVG get Shard going. Yes he's been playing terrible but he's not getting any plays drawn up for him. He needs to get in the flow for the Magic to have a chance. Play him more at SF, he can post up Pierce and he can't do much worse on D than anyone else they've thrown at him. I would like Stan to play Bass as well. He matches up great with Big Baby, see what he can do out there. Keep playing JJ and whomever is playing better D b/t Barnes or Pietrus play them more. For the rest of the team, just have to hit their shots.

How bad does this Magic team want it? We shall see on Saturday.

Jasper
05-20-2010, 07:06 PM
No I don't want Bass any where near the bball court.

I want Majic to allow a trade this off season to Milwaukee (we need him) :applause:

TrueRob
05-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Very simply put, a team that so heavily relies on 3 pt shooting, cannot win it all.

Because if they nail them, they sweep the opponents, but if they don't they have no other chance than being outplayed in almost all other aspects of the game.

The Magic have been knocking down their 3s, when they're wide open. The problem is, they aren't getting the wide open looks that they got against the Bobcats and the Hawks. Rashard will not get going unless he forces the issue and starts driving to the hoop.

It's A VC3!!!
05-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Funny thing is if the Magic played better for 2 more minutes they would be up 2-0 and this thread would be "Adjustments Celtics have to make going into game 3".

Derka
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I think the Celtics have to continue to play their level of defense, and focus on not lapsing again in the 4th quarter. Stay in Dwight Howard's head, let him take 19-20 shots tomorrow night and score 30 again. Main thing is keeping Barnes, Carter, Nelson and Lewis physically and mentally out of this game.

JohnnySic
05-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the war zone. Nobody leaves here alive.

http://images.zaazu.com/img/celtics-celtics-boston-basketball-smiley-emoticon-000452-large.gif

kobesabi
05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the war zone. Nobody leaves here alive.
Including the green goblins.

dutchguy
05-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Funny thing is if the Magic played better for 2 more minutes they would be up 2-0 and this thread would be "Adjustments Celtics have to make going into game 3".
Hell no. Game1 was a blowout with a lapse at the end, not a close game. Big difference.
G2, maybe, but no way celts could be down 2

Legend of Josh
05-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Orlando will win one of their next two meeting in Boston. No way Boston sweeps a team this talented. Right now, Boston is playing the best basketball of any squad remaining, but the Magic's talent and SVG's superb coaching will be too difficult for The Truth's statement to remain as truth.

Boston in 5, winning on the road to close out the series. All I can say is, LA better find a way to adequately rest Kobe.

Funnyfuka
05-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Orlando will win one of their next two meeting in Boston. No way Boston sweeps a team this talented. Right now, Boston is playing the best basketball of any squad remaining, but the Magic's talent and SVG's superb coaching will be too difficult for The Truth's statement to remain as truth.

Boston in 5, winning on the road to close out the series. All I can say is, LA better find a way to adequately rest Kobe.a team this talented? they lost two games at HOME, no way they re going to win it at boston lol. The crowd will be on ****ing fire tonite.

Legend of Josh
05-22-2010, 01:03 PM
a team this talented? they lost two games at HOME, no way they re going to win it at boston lol. The crowd will be on ****ing fire tonite.

You make it sound like the Orlando Magic are not talented. So, losing two straight home games and you're automatically labeled a no talent, have-no-business in the playoffs team? Forget their regular season record, which was a superb 59-23 and mere two games behind the league's best (Cavs, 61-21). Oh, and ignore the fact they won eight straight playoff games sweeping their first two opponents.

What the hell are you smoking kid? Maybe you're just hyped for this game. Sometimes people let their emotions get the best of them. Will it be difficult for Orlando to win this Game 3 in Boston? Yep. Who said it wouldn't? You also underestimate the resiliency of the Magic. Is it really that far fetched that SVG will have his team ready to come in and sneak a victory away from Boston?

The C's are in the driver seat, they could get comfortable knowing they're playing two straight at home and already up 0-2 in the series. Hey, maybe you should add more to your side of the debate so I can better understand why you see it being so far off in left field for the Magic to have any chance whatsoever to get a win tonight in the Garden. Please, I'd love to hear it.

Jeannot
05-22-2010, 04:22 PM
''The C's are in the driver seat, they could get comfortable knowing they're playing two straight at home and already up 0-2 in the series''

I have to agree with you on your psot, exept for this. They became comfortable in 2008 with 2-0 lead Lakers, and then they made a run. I think they learned from that game and games that folowed to never be comfortable with 2-0. But Magic isnt done, but it would be difficult to win.

PP34Deuce
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Bostons play in the first quarter will predict their mindset. I believe Paul and Rondo will not be complacent because They see how close they are to the Finals.
Paul has good matchups one on one and his confidence has skyrocketed since the dismal cleveland series.
Rondo will continue to attack
Ray is due to go off for 3-4 3pointers.

Dwight can score 30 and its not a big impact on this magic team. KG needs to straight neutralize Lewis under 20 points.
Rondo needs to continue to take Jameer out the game.

Carter will score his 20-25 but Nelson and Lewis are the guys that can elevate this team.

We get comfortable at home but I think the attitude has changed.