PDA

View Full Version : May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Celts34
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
The Celtics lost this game in the 1st quarter, when they played jus about the worst pick and roll defense you'll ever see in a playoff game. how many lobs did they throw for Dwight in this game. Just terrible defense.

Duranthebest
05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
this is the problem with pp, he is clutch but he will never, ever allow another player to have the glory, he would much rather iso and force shot after shot than give the ball to the greatest shooter of all time who is red hot.

Worst analysis ever. No Celtics fan(who watched before the big 3) would ever agree with what you just posted.

ProfessorMurder
It's digusting how these Ray Allen are knocking Pierce for playing his heart out and dropping 30+ points. I'm disgusted.

You should be disgusted with Pierce chucking and ball hogging the entire 4th quarter and overtime.

Ray had 3 shots in the last quarter/ot and made them all.

Shut the f*ck up spudgay.

Derka
It's digusting how these Ray Allen are knocking Pierce for playing his heart out and dropping 30+ points. I'm disgusted.

He can score 50 if he wants.

You get the ball to Ray "I Have Hit Five Threes Tonight" Allen. End of story.

artest 93
If the Celtics don't win the championship, it will have something to do with Pierce trying to be the hero. He will either try to do that individually or with management's help in trying to write that story line. The thought of KG or Ray Allen or Rondo getting more credit for their success (or ultimately being Finals MVP) over him must be too much to swallow.

Game should have not gone into OT had he shared the ball. Tried to be a hero then, and in OT. Failed both times.

Ray Allen had the most efficient game.

west
Pierce was in hero mode the entire game. :x :violin:

FatCurry
He can score 50 if he wants.

You get the ball to Ray "I Have Hit Five Threes Tonight" Allen. End of story.

And not the fatman

Jayle
05-24-2010, 11:45 PM
anyone remember paul pierces post-game boast after game 2??

HA HA HA PAUL

I'm pretty sure that's why he was trying to be Superman tonight.

Batz
Big Baby Davis. Steals the ball from Ray Allen, double clutches a 3. Dramatic Brick.

What a play! :oldlol:

Kevin_Garnett_5
That play by KG is unforgivable.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Garnett and Pierce just choked the game away, especially Garnett.

dont put it on KG...the game was lost by PP....Ray Allen hot like hell and he kept jacking shots like he wanted to be the HERO

Sharmer
Ray Ray 5/7

and Pierce 0/6 & continued to be a ball hog when he had no rhythm from deep, no way this guy should be first option

enough said,

Celts34
05-24-2010, 11:46 PM
The Magic rose up against the bullies from Boston. Great game by both teams. I am just proud that the Magic stepped up and played hard for 53 minutes.

It was a horrible game. Made up by individual perfomances and plays. This game was terrible. Celtics played terribly on defense and let Orlando get too many wide-open threes. It took till the 4th quarter to realize they needed to trap Nelson, instead of letting him go careening wide into the lane

04mzwach
These playoffs haven't been as good as the past 3-4 years.

NoLayupsRule2
dont put it on KG...the game was lost by PP....Ray Allen hot like hell and he kept jacking shots like he wanted to be the HERO
0-7, a stupid ass pass in overtime, and mediocre rebounding. I'm blaming it on Garnett too. At least Pierce scored 30+.

JerrySteakhouse
05-24-2010, 11:47 PM
PP played like a ballhog b1tch !

You obviously dont watch much Boston Celtics games. If you do, oh God.

Can't believe you guys bashing Pierce after playing his heart out like that. He did miss big shots and got carried away but c'mon, if he didn't put the effort this game would have been a blow out in the 3rd.

FatCurry
Dissapointing Game

The_Yearning
It took Orlando's very best and Nelson's lucky ass 3's and Howard's lucky ass lobs and putbacks to win this game...It's over in 5.

Paul Pierce is going to destroy next game.

Indian guy
05-24-2010, 11:48 PM
If Boston has a weakness it's their over dependence on jump shots. They are a team capable of going on long offensive droughts and that's pretty much what happened today. Orlando shut down the paint in the 4th qtr and it was basically a lot of clear outs and long jumpers for Boston on tired legs.

This series suddenly got very interesting. You know Orlando gained a world of confidence from this win and have a great shot at winning Game 5 now. Then Game 6 becomes Boston's Game 7. All pressure on them.

Kingwillball
Anyone think Magic will come back and win series needs to Relax..This team is Flawed and it took them playing there best gm of series and Celtics worst gm of series to pull it out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Boston Closes it out in ORl on Thurs.

JerrySteakhouse
Ray Ray 5/7

and Pierce 0/6 & continued to be a ball hog when he had no rhythm from deep, no way this guy should be first option

enough said,

LOL one game and you guys shime in? in 08 Pierce proved hes the go to guy. Ray didnt show up till the eastern finals that series.

so after one game you come to your conclusion? get outta here

sbw19
05-24-2010, 11:49 PM
You gotta give the Magic credit, they showed up and played with purpose for a change.

Celts34
05-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Oh no KG gets some of the blame pie. He played like hot horseshit for most of this game. In the 4th quarter and into OT he was an absolute scrub who wanted no parts of the basketball on offense

ProfessorMurder
05-24-2010, 11:50 PM
LOL one game and you guys shime in? in 08 Pierce proved hes the go to guy. Ray didnt show up till the eastern finals that series.

You want to tell me how many clutch shots Pierce made tonight? 1 lay up.

hipballinjigga
Let's check the emotions at the door for a second regarding Pierce. Even though he made that HUGE boneheaded play to end overtime, he actually played his heart out and was the reason the Boston Celtics were not getting blown out.

Those 3s he missed at the end? People are claiming he was in "hero" mode at that moment. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. However, he was smart to take those two 3s because HE WAS WIDE OPEN. Why look to pass the ball when you normally hit your 3s? He just had an unlucky streak and missed them.

Pierce played his heart out but the Celtics did not move the ball or play smart defense for most of the game. Credit Orlando with the aggressive play that helped them earn this win.

Derka

Can't believe you guys bashing Pierce after playing his heart out like that. He did miss big shots and got carried away but c'mon, if he didn't put the effort this game would have been a blow out in the 3rd.

32 points on 25 shots. Pardon me if I don't cry him a river.

What he did was jack up double the shots of any of his teammates and not put a single three in the bucket. He has to recognize the situation there and know that the ball belongs in someone else's hands in that moment. He didn't.

Funnyfuka
magic fought like lions you cant deny this. Howard finally woke the **** up. twas bout time.

i dont know what to say about nelson. One step forward, two step backward, hard to judge.

Duranthebest
05-24-2010, 11:51 PM

Thank you. Pierce played his heart out. Nuff said. He carried the Celtics 90% of the game, but as soon as he goes cold and Ray hits a couple of shots, people want to forget what Pierce has done? Disgusting!

JerrySteakhouse
You want to tell me how many clutch shots Pierce made tonight? 1 lay up.

he had a bad game, he did choke. but your saying he isn't the go to guy because of one game? how many clutch shots did jordan miss? how many bricks did it take for lebron to finally hit his first game winner? YEP

MK2V1GP
Boston lost this game on everyone's shoulders except Ray. He was the only one doing anything the last 8 minutes of the game. Paul got WAY TOO SELFISH for the final half of the 4th qtr & OT, tried winning the game by himself at times. And KG throwing the ball in the 3rd row was death, too.

All the pressure is back on Boston now....and I won't sleep til this series is over.

Jayle
What's with this KG choking thing? He's been pretty solid throughout the playoffs. It's not like he's had many opportunities before and blown them all, a al Lebron James.

He's had one legitimate shot in his career at a championship and won it.

Celts34
05-24-2010, 11:52 PM
If Boston has a weakness it's their over dependence on jump shots. They are a team capable of going on long offensive droughts and that's pretty much what happened today. Orlando shut down the paint in the 4th qtr and it was basically a lot of clear outs and long jumpers for Boston on tired legs.

This series suddenly got very interesting. You know Orlando gained a world of confidence from this win and have a great shot at winning Game 5 now. Then Game 6 becomes Boston's Game 7. All pressure on them.

I'm willing to bet Game 5 is an absolute blowout for the Celtics. This game was more about what the Celtics didn't do.

And on another note, can people stop saying PP was chucking in OT. On both of those threes Ray was not open. On the 1st one he was wrestling w/reddick under the hoop, and on the 2nd one he was in the corner with his man sitting in his lap. Person who f*cked up was KG, he missed a wide open Baby under the basket.

Kingwillball
Rondo was invisible tonight..Anyone anointing him as the best PG in the Game needs to Relax and take a deep breath.

Derka
Thank you. Pierce played his heart out. Nuff said. He carried the Celtics 90% of the game, but as soon as he goes cold and Ray hits a couple of shots, people want to forget what Pierce has done? Disgusting!

Carried through 90% of the game? You're out of your ****ing mind.

MK2V1GP
05-24-2010, 11:53 PM
People will say Howard had a MONSTER game, which he did, but he only scored 6 points in 1 on 1 or post moves situations. Everything else was off an offensive rebound (a good bit of those over the back, but i'm not gonna blame the refs b/c they're not the reason we lost) or penetration from Nelson.

Duranthebest
Let's check the emotions at the door for a second regarding Pierce. Even though he made that HUGE boneheaded play to end overtime, he actually played his heart out and was the reason the Boston Celtics were not getting blown out.

Those 3s he missed at the end? People are claiming he was in "hero" mode at that moment. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. However, he was smart to take those two 3s because HE WAS WIDE OPEN. Why look to pass the ball when you normally hit your 3s? He just had an unlucky streak and missed them.

Pierce played his heart out but the Celtics did not move the ball or play smart defense for most of the game. Credit Orlando with the aggressive play that helped them earn this win.

5 star post.

RandomBalla55
What's with this KG choking thing? He's been pretty solid throughout the playoffs. It's not like he's had many opportunities before and blown them all, a al Lebron James.

KG passed up a ****ing wide open look to look to "Mr. Hero" Paul Pierce.

KG is an elite NBA player who, if open, should be taking the shot. It's not like he's Perkins or someone where they intentionally sag off on him. Instead, he defers (and compounds his mistake) by throwing it into the 3rd row.

The_Yearning
05-24-2010, 11:54 PM
This game was lost when Nelson banked that 3...it was just the Magic's night.

OldSchoolBBall
05-24-2010, 11:54 PM

Boston's offense is why I feel they have little chance vs. LA. You know they're not getting much inside (either points in the paint or even penetration and kick) against the Lakers' size.

NoLayupsRule2
05-24-2010, 11:55 PM
KG passed up a ****ing wide open look to look to "Mr. Hero" Paul Pierce.

KG is an elite NBA player who, if open, should be taking the shot. It's not like he's Perkins or someone where they intentionally sag off on him. Instead, he defers (and compounds his mistake) by throwing it into the 3rd row.
This isn't 2008.......

JerrySteakhouse
32 points on 25 shots. Pardon me if I don't cry him a river.

What he did was jack up double the shots of any of his teammates and not put a single three in the bucket. He has to recognize the situation there and know that the ball belongs in someone else's hands in that moment. He didn't.

Those last 2 threes were good looks, i dont care if your 0-10 3pt for the game you HAVE to take those shots. IF he didnt you'd waste time looking for a better look for someone else. Ray cant take over a game unless they set him up and you cant do that every time down the floor.

Indian guy
I'm willing to bet Game 5 is an absolute blowout for the Celtics.

Unless you don't show up like Cleveland in Game 5, blowing elite teams in THEIR building simply never happens in the playoffs. If Boston's going to win Game 5 then they'll have to pull out a close one.

Celts34

It comes from his Minny days. Where he had the propensity to wilt/fold/choke in the 4th quarter of big games. Routinely, I mean it was a pretty regular thing.

MK2V1GP
How bout everyone bickering about Pierce and KG losing the game just turn your computer off. Aside from Ray Allen, it was a team loss. Tony Allen and Rasheed were straight up garbage. KG was great, except for the bad pass, and Pierce kept us in the game til midway through the 4th quarter when he tried taking it on his shoulders to win the game by himself. But he got us that far, he shouldve just moved the ball more. He had way too many possessions where he tried doing it all by himself.

Just take a few breaths right quick guys. All the pressure is on Boston right now. We have 2 games to try and win this series (I only say 2 b/c if it gets to a game 7, we have no shot). HOpefully we can win in Orlando again, and if not, close it out at home.

L.Kizzle
05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
GEt off the sweat sack, yah he had 32 points but lost the game for the Celtics DOWN THE STRETCH.

hipballinjigga
05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by hipballinjigga

5 star post.

Thanks for agreeing.

Derka
05-24-2010, 11:57 PM

Pierce played the game Paul Pierce wanted to play....not the game the Boston Celtics needed to play.

I don't care if he scores 50 a night. The Celtics don't need heroes. The Celtics need a total team effort. Pierce jacking up 25 shots is not a part of the game plan, regardless of how many of them go in.

brooks_thompson
05-24-2010, 11:57 PM
does anyone remember what glen davis wanted to be called when he was trying to ditch the 'big baby' nickname a couple of months ago?

i can't think of it for the life of me

Kingwillball
05-24-2010, 11:58 PM
People will say Howard had a MONSTER game, which he did, but he only scored 6 points in 1 on 1 or post moves situations. Everything else was off an offensive rebound (a good bit of those over the back, but i'm not gonna blame the refs b/c they're not the reason we lost) or penetration from Nelson.

Magic aren't balanced enough to come back and win this series..It took some sloppy play by Celtics a Couple Lucky 3's by Nelson and a Bunch of Easy Baskets by D12 to sneak it out. If Lewis and Carter weren't so damn soft maybe they can turn this series around.

Jayle
05-24-2010, 11:59 PM
does anyone remember what glen davis wanted to be called when he was trying to ditch the 'big baby' nickname a couple of months ago?

The Ticket Stub

Derka

Uno Uno.

Tommy Heinsohn put the kibbash on that one real quick.

AK47DR91
Jameer Nelson outplayed Rondo. Orlando wins, Boston lost.

Celts34
05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Unless you don't show up like Cleveland in Game 5, blowing elite teams in THEIR building simply never happens in the playoffs. If Boston's going to win Game 5 then they'll have to pull out a close one.

Way i look at it is this, its 3-1. If the Celtics go up big early(double digits), the pressure for Orlando becomes tremendous. They had to come out and fight tonight. They did. Lets see what happens, I'm fairly comfortable with the Celtics and where they are at.

Can someone please explain to me why Dwight Howard is above getting tossed out of a game. He throws more elbows than Kobe and thats sayn something.

Funnyfuka
05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
no way the magics are going to resist much longer, they will give in in the next game.

the only good players they have is dwight, when this retarded halfwit named nelson is able to give him the ****ing ball. All the others are craping their pants since the begining of this series.

hipballinjigga
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Pierce played the game Paul Pierce wanted to play....not the game the Boston Celtics needed to play.

I don't care if he scores 50 a night. The Celtics don't need heroes. The Celtics need a total team effort. Pierce jacking up 25 shots is not a part of the game plan, regardless of how many of them go in.

Pierce played in the flow of the game for most of the game. The thing that the Celtics do really well is go to the hot hand. Pierce was the only one playing well for most of the game, so they kept going to him. Allen was not "hot" or "on fire" until the end of the game.

He did what the team needed him to do. Just imagine if he hit 3 of those 3s he shot tonight. Many of these angry fans would be all over his nuts.

Celtics fans need to stick with their team and support the players. Pierce has a great night scoring but and off night mentally. However, instead of bashing him, we should be thanking him for keeping the Celtics in the game.

None of the players seemed to have ANY energy. Pierce was the only one playing with heart for most of the game. It took a technical foul on Garnett to get the team amped up. Rondo was sleepwalking. Garnett was hesitant. Perkins was not moving well. Pierce put the team on his shoulders because HE HAD to. I commend him for that.

Jayle
05-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Uno Uno.

Tommy Heinsohn put the kibbash on that one real quick.

Oh yeah, now I remember that. Yeah, pretty stupid.

NoLayupsRule2
Doing something different in a playoff series only works for one game......Therefor, the Celtics should have a counter for those double-screens the Magic kept feasting on the Celtics..

Derka
Those last 2 threes were good looks, i dont care if your 0-10 3pt for the game you HAVE to take those shots. IF he didnt you'd waste time looking for a better look for someone else. Ray cant take over a game unless they set him up and you cant do that every time down the floor.

Set him up? He got a three with a defender right in his eye and got another one on a defensive lapse. The Magic defense wasn't even a defense on those two shots...they were scrambling. Ray had already put two down. That's poor situational recognition by Paul. Had he managed to put one of those three's down, I'd have been immensely surprised and STILL would think the ball was in the wrong set of hands for that moment.

Look, if its a two-point game and Paul Pierce gets the ball at the high posts, is sweet spot, he can take that shot at the end of every game and if he misses, I don't mind because he normally makes that.

Bernie Nips
05-25-2010, 12:06 AM
We wouldn't have been anywhere near winning the game without Pierce, but it doesn't mean he didn't lose it for us.

End of regulation, he jacked up a contested fadeaway that looked nowhere near going in halfway through the shotclock.

And then of course he jacked up that contested 3 for no reason, was lucky enough to get the ball back and missed a wide open 3. No excuses, Ray Ray was hitting much tougher shots.

KG also deserves a hint of blame throwing that ball away.

But the Celtics as a whole started off that overtime ridiculously lazy on the offence. Like we weren't even trying to get a good shot happening.

KenneBell
05-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Still can't believe Vince only scored 3 points. :oldlol:

action812
05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
But the Celtics as a whole started off that overtime ridiculously lazy on the offence. Like we weren't even trying to get a good shot happening.

Their age is finally catching up with them :oldlol:

AK47DR91
BTW, it was a tough loss and all for Boston but you have to credit the Celtics for even taking it to OT. It was Orlando's game to lose, they pretty much dominated from start to late 4th quarter when they had a 7-point lead with about 3-4 minutes left.

And even with Nelson's two 3's in OT, Boston fought back but Dwight had two clutch offensive bounds and put-ins to seal the deal.

Boston have been playing great on the road in the playoff thus far and hopefully they can continue that in Orlando.

Celts34
Set him up? He got a three with a defender right in his eye and got another one on a defensive lapse. The Magic defense wasn't even a defense on those two shots...they were scrambling. Ray had already put two down. That's poor situational recognition by Paul. Had he managed to put one of those three's down, I'd have been immensely surprised and STILL would think the ball was in the wrong set of hands for that moment.

Look, if its a two-point game and Paul Pierce gets the ball at the high posts, is sweet spot, he can take that shot at the end of every game and if he misses, I don't mind because he normally makes that.

Derka your hearts in the right place, but your argument is incorrect. If your question is whether or not he should have taken those threes, then have at it. But to say he should have passed it to ray is wrong. Because on both of those threes Ray was actually covered. He was wrestling with Reddick(i think, coulda been VC) under the basket on the 1st shot. On the 2nd three, Ray was over in the corner, with his man sitting in his lap. They were open shots that he should have taken, because PP shooting threes when he can set his feet is good, off the dribble not so much

Derka
05-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Derka your hearts in the right place, but your argument is incorrect. If your question is whether or not he should have taken those threes, then have at it. But to say he should have passed it to ray is wrong. Because on both of those threes Ray was actually covered. He was wrestling with Reddick(i think, coulda been VC) under the basket on the 1st shot. On the 2nd three, Ray was over in the corner, with his man sitting in his lap. They were open shots that he should have taken, because PP shooting threes when he can set his feet is good, off the dribble not so much

My emotions are cooling off now. Point conceded.

Indian guy
05-25-2010, 12:14 AM
btw, JVG is becoming unbearable when calling his brother's games. He's rooting so badly for Orlando that he ******* non-stop over the tiniest things they don't do right. Every basket Boston makes is due to a mistake made by Orlando's D, and every missed shot by Orlando is due to "bad shot selection". He's just like a fan out there - bitching when things don't go the way he wants them to. He reached the height of being unprofessional in Game 3 when he began taking his frustration over the blowout out on VC. Basically threw him under the bus when the entire team didn't show up.

I LIKE JVG and consider him a damn good color commentator, but he's simply way too emotionally involved in this series to call a good game.

Celts34
05-25-2010, 12:17 AM
My emotions are cooling off now. Point conceded.

It was an emotional loss, because as badly as they played, they could have and easily should have won. For crying outloud the game was won on a banked 3pter. PP' gonna live with that botched play at the end of the game for 2 days. Its gonna be nuts in Orlando, thanks to Paul Pierce. Next year came really fast.

brooks_thompson
05-25-2010, 12:19 AM
btw, JVG is becoming unbearable when calling his brother's games. He's rooting so badly for Orlando that he ******* non-stop over the tiniest things they don't do right. Every basket Boston makes is due to a mistake made by Orlando's D, and every missed shot by Orlando is due to "bad shot selection". He's just like a fan out there - bitching when things don't go the way he wants them to. He reached the height of being unprofessional in Game 3 when he began taking his frustration over the blowout out on VC. Basically threw him under the bus when the entire team didn't show up.

I LIKE JVG and consider him a damn good color commentator, but he's simply way too emotionally involved in this series to call a good game.

well to be fair he did offer his spot up to another announcer for the finals last year, out of his own fear he might do just this. abc told him to forget about it and broadcast.

Celts34
05-25-2010, 12:20 AM

Dude its his brother, who he happens to be really close to. The fact that he's been able to not crack out the pom-poms and do dance routines after every basket/win is pretty good in my book. Because if I was in his shoes, I'd be unable to be at all impartial. I think all things considered he's done a good job.

macpierce
05-25-2010, 12:24 AM
its nice to see paul pierce trying to pull a kobe and failing miserably while ray allen was on fire....ahh the mammories

Sharmer
05-25-2010, 12:29 AM

I always though ray gave up too much of his game for ball hog pierce- I came to that conclusion long ago-

What about the rubbish numbers PP had against Cleveland! Boston had to run plays to give him easy looks, to keep his confidence up.

I don't think Ray minds giving up his game for the interest of the team but no way pierce should ever take us many shots as he did-
PP should not be first option, KG had some bad plays but the first option should be split between ray- kg, and rondo, not that ball hog pierce,

PS- the magic have rhythm now with their inside outside game/ look at the first two rounds.

04mzwach
05-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Wow, I hate Fratello doing the postgame for NBATV.

ShaqAttack3234
05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
I always though ray gave up too much of his game for ball hog pierce- I came to that conclusion long ago-

What about the rubbish numbers PP had against Cleveland! Boston had to run plays to give him easy looks, to keep his confidence up.

I don't think Ray minds giving up his game for the interest of the team but no way pierce should ever take us many shots as he did-
PP should not be first option, KG had some bad plays but the first option should be split between ray- kg, and rondo, not that ball hog pierce,

PS- the magic have rhythm now with their inside outside game/ look at the first two rounds.

It's bizarro Spudjay. :wtf:

JerrySteakhouse
05-25-2010, 12:46 AM

Yes set him up, Ray always scores off screens, the defender just got to him its not like he took him off the dribble and pulled up... smh

elinss86
05-25-2010, 12:54 AM
jameer and dwight saved carter from getting ROASTED...he was COMPLEELY detrimental tonight...not only was he TERRIBLe on offense, every guy he guarded scored on him like he wasnt there. pathetic. at least the rest of the team had some heart...bout time. take care of home court...and see what happens in a game 6...

Sharmer
05-25-2010, 12:57 AM
I could live PP taking mid rang shots but he isn

Lakers Legend#32
05-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Could Pierce be a bigger *****? He wears shin guards under his knee-high socks. What does he think he is, a soccer player?

west
05-25-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm calm down now.....look at it this way....this lost is good for them, they are getting a little overconfident, let's get it done on wednesday.:rockon:

LA KB24
05-25-2010, 01:15 AM
I tuned in near the end of the 4th quarter.

lol @ PP

Sharmer
05-25-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm calm down now.....look at it this way....this lost is good for them, they are getting a little overconfident, let's get it done on wednesday.:rockon:

the loss is a BIG LOSS! this is a veteran team that needed the rest between series, now the magic are not going to roll over! and if magic can hold home court for the next two games :hammerhead: then everyone will look back and see how ball hog PP killed a great run!

either way if LA steam roll the suns', the celtics scrape through this series- which they probably will- the celtics will be going into the finals with much less momentum now. :confusedshrug:

Duranthebest
05-25-2010, 01:22 AM
It's bizarro Spudjay. :wtf:

100% of this guys posts have been anti- Pierce. I remember him during the 2008 NBA finals.. he bashed Pierce every chance he could get. Just some dumb kid on a gimmick account.

LA KB24
05-25-2010, 02:15 AM
100% of this guys posts have been anti- Pierce. I remember him during the 2008 NBA finals.. he bashed Pierce every chance he could get. Just some dumb kid on a gimmick account. >Duranthebest (http://insidehoops.com/forum/member.php?u=88013)
>Join Date: Apr 2010
>2008 NBA finals..
>gimmick account

ChrisConley
05-25-2010, 03:59 AM

Overconfident is the last word I would use to describe them after tonight. I can't believe that Garnett, with all his bravado through the years, blew it for them at the end there. He passes up two open looks and then throws it out of bounds trying to force a pass to Pierce just to get rid of the ball. Talk about underconfident.

Sharmer
05-25-2010, 04:00 AM
100% of this guys posts have been anti- Pierce. I remember him during the 2008 NBA finals.. he bashed Pierce every chance he could get. Just some dumb kid on a gimmick account.

who are you? the thought police ,i got freedom of speech and if I wanna hammer pierce for being a ball hog I can and I will.
:hammerhead:

well at least you got a good memory, I am not anti Pierce, just anti- Peirce jacking up 3s-

and by the way I didn't bash pierce through the entire Cleveland series because he was playing within the context of the series as a team player, but today was he was being the archetypal ball hogging hero simple as that !

All Net
05-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Surrised at the Celtics inabilty to close out the Magic. When you have the chance to you can't afford not to.

It's A VC3!!!
05-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Geez, Vince Carter is pathetic. Every year he is losing fans and this year I bet he lost half of the fans he always had throughout his career. I don't blame them, b/c Vince is showing no heart and he is a scrub. I was a huge Carter fan, now after this year i am fading away from his fanhood. Mainly because the magic are down 3-0 and the best this scrub can give the Orlando Magic is 3 points....PATHETIC

west
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
the loss is a BIG LOSS! this is a veteran team that needed the rest between series, now the magic are not going to roll over! and if magic can hold home court for the next two games :hammerhead: then everyone will look back and see how ball hog PP killed a great run!

either way if LA steam roll the suns', the celtics scrape through this series- which they probably will- the celtics will be going into the finals with much less momentum now. :confusedshrug:
Chill the **** out, the sky isn't falling, no need to panic, we got this.:pimp:

BlackWhiteGreen
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM

NO WAY MAN WE'RE F*CKED!

Trade Pierce, KG and Rondo and build around Nate Rob!

GOBB
05-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Orlando dodged a bullet there.

KG got in Dwight face. So I dont want to hear no more selective pickings KG does. Black, white, "euro", tall, short. KG doesnt pick weak opponents to get fiesty with. Just happy that was seen on TV in front of everyone.

Andrei89
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Orlando dodged a bullet there.

KG got in Dwight face. So I dont want to hear no more selective pickings KG does. Black, white, "euro", tall, short. KG doesnt pick weak opponents to get fiesty with. Just happy that was seen on TV in front of everyone.

True that. But the fact that he ran after hitting Richardson was a bit weak.

But no garnett does not pick on point guards

SilkyJohnson
05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Could Pierce be a bigger *****? He wears shin guards under his knee-high socks. What does he think he is, a soccer player?

Perhaps he is self conscience about his legs? Maybe he feels naked without the socks rolled up? Did you ever stop and consider that?

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
True that. But the fact that he ran after hitting Richardson was a bit weak.

But no garnett does not pick on point guards

Getting pulled by 6 guys does not equal running you idiot.

swstein
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I avoided all scores & results and just watched this today. Bloody DVR didn't record the end of the game! It quit recording with 4 minutes to go in the 4th.

Great. An overtime game and a game that Orlando actually win and I don't get to see the end!

Typical!

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I avoided all scores & results and just watched this today. Bloody DVR didn't record the end of the game! It quit recording with 4 minutes to go in the 4th.

Great. An overtime game and a game that Orlando actually win and I don't get to see the end!

Typical!

You didn't miss much. Two lucky 3's from Jameer, and a Choke by the Celtics.

It's A VC3!!!
05-25-2010, 05:34 PM
So funny how cocky Celtic fans are,and for no reason also, do you guys not understand that the Celtics got lucky for game 1 and 2...Right now the Magic should be up 3-1 not down 3-1...

west
05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
http://twitter.com/NotVinceCarter

swstein
05-25-2010, 05:42 PM
http://twitter.com/NotVinceCarter

HAHA!

west
05-25-2010, 05:42 PM
So funny how cocky Celtic fans are,and for no reason also, do you guys not understand that the Celtics got lucky for game 1 and 2...Right now the Magic should be up 3-1 not down 3-1...
Shoulda woulda coulda.:sleeping

Sharmer
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM

we got the series don't know about NBA title now! :confusedshrug:
I hope the suns win or at least hold home court and tire the Lakers out with a 6 or 7 game series.

Fresh lakers team v tired celtics team =:violin:

however a Celtics team with fresh legs =:violin: for the Lakers especially now that Bynam is beat up! and lets hope that the soft Gasol shows up. :bowdown:

Sharmer
05-25-2010, 05:53 PM

the celtics dominated games 1 ,2 , Orlando just had a good run in the 4th quarter but the games were never close, just little runs by Orlando in the 4th - :rolleyes: I mean if Orlando led for the most of the time in those games and got done in the last few seconds in the 4th then they would be unlucky- but they got beat down- and if it wasnt for the ball hog pierce & lucky 3 point shots by Neslon - ( remember the bank 3) the series would of been a sweep, so man Orlando are lucky to win at least 1 game:no:

Celts34
05-25-2010, 06:51 PM

The fact is 3-1. The Magic are lucky there is going to be a game 5 tomorrow night, seeing as how the Celtics collectively played like hot horseshit and still had the opportunity to win the game in regulation. Say what you want, 16sec left, tie game, Celtics had the ball with the chance to win the game.

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-25-2010, 06:58 PM
So funny how cocky Celtic fans are,and for no reason also, do you guys not understand that the Celtics got lucky for game 1 and 2...Right now the Magic should be up 3-1 not down 3-1...lol

zORi
05-25-2010, 11:38 PM
The fact is 3-1. The Magic are lucky there is going to be a game 5 tomorrow night, seeing as how the Celtics collectively played like hot horseshit and still had the opportunity to win the game in regulation. Say what you want, 16sec left, tie game, Celtics had the ball with the chance to win the game.

Actually, they didn't.

Rondo had an off game but:

Pierce: 32 pts, 11 rbs, 3 ast, 2 stls, 1 blk (possibly his best game in the playoffs)

Allen: 22 pts, 5 rbs, 1 ast, 2 stls, 1 blk (also one of his best games)

KG: 14 pts, 12 rbs, 1 ast, 1 stl ( very close to his season average, as a matter of fact, even slightly better, so a good game for him).

Rondo was off because the defense was more centered around putting pressure on him. He still managed 8 ast, and 3 stls

I'm not saying anything, but Orlando deserved that win. Which is a miracle that we got considering Vince was 1-9 and Pietrus was 0-4. Rashard also finally woke up.

Kujo
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Too little, to late Magic. I expect the C's to close this out tonight.

That being said, I would like to see Orlando win so we can continue to salvage what had been an awful EC finals prior to game 4.

PP34Deuce
05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Notes-

Magic gave Rondo a different look. THey did quite a bit of screening and a couple times Rondo struggled to get around Dwights big ass. That was a good adjustment and expect ROndo and Doc to communicate on how to beat those.

Jameer Nelson was in a attack mode and played PG very well because he dictated the tempo. One thing I noticed was they exploited Rondo cheating for rebounds. As soon as the shot was missed they were passing it to Jameer and he was running down the floor.

Offensively we played a great game,but that defense was quite loose except for that 4th quarter.

Dwight Howard is just as dirty as other players but He does "religious" shit liek Bruce Bowen and smiles. That irritates me more than your Eric Dampier type dirty player.

Paul Pierce should never be taking 3s at the end of the game, They were wide open looks so you live with it, but Ray shot 2 crazy 3's and had a lot more bounce in his step.

game 5 is gonna be a blowout either way. It will not be a close game i believe. My heart says that we blow them out in the 2nd half like we did with cleveland and advance to the finals

AJ2k8
05-26-2010, 10:44 PM
wow something wrong with baby:ohwell:

Carmeloo15
05-26-2010, 10:47 PM
baby:( :( :(

GatorKid117
05-26-2010, 10:49 PM
UNSTICKY!!!!!