PDA

View Full Version : Can Bosh to Lakers really happen?

indiefan24
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
J (Milwaukee)

Anyone in the Lakers front office get excited when they were on Bosh's list?

Chad Ford (1:26 PM)

No, because they knew about this in February. The Raptors and Lakers had the parameters of a deal in place for a Bosh for Bynum deal. LA eventually pulled out because they were unsure how the addition of Bosh would affect chemistry mid-season and they were concerned that Bosh could bolt via free agency in the summer. Both concerns should go away this summer and the two teams agreed to revisit talks after the playoffs ended. They are in a very good position to land Bosh if that's where he wants to play. It's the Raptors first choice among the sign-and-trade options available to them.

HBKMGa
05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
J (Milwaukee)

Anyone in the Lakers front office get excited when they were on Bosh's list?

Chad Ford (1:26 PM)

No, because they knew about this in February. The Raptors and Lakers had the parameters of a deal in place for a Bosh for Bynum deal. LA eventually pulled out because they were unsure how the addition of Bosh would affect chemistry mid-season and they were concerned that Bosh could bolt via free agency in the summer. Both concerns should go away this summer and the two teams agreed to revisit talks after the playoffs ended. They are in a very good position to land Bosh if that's where he wants to play. It's the Raptors first choice among the sign-and-trade options available to them.

They should just change the rules to let the deal happen now hahaha

artex
05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Do eet

Hiei
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Bynum for Bosh would be amazing, he has been nothing but a liability for us in the playoffs since he came to NBA. He may have great potential, but being injured for 3 years in a row as a starting center on a championship team is bullshit.

cotdt
05-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Do the free agency thing now please, 'cause we could make use of him RIGHT NOW.

Se
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Bynum for Bosh would be amazing, he has been nothing but a liability for us in the playoffs since he came to NBA. He may have great potential, but being injured for 3 years in a row as a starting center on a championship team is bullshit.

I can't see Bosh and Gasol working well together.

I like Bynum and feel sorry for him that he's had so many injuries. I'd love to see Bynum and Oden injury free.

LAClipsFan33
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Stern trade...

niko
05-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Just like it could happen before when it didnt, right?

asdf1990
05-25-2010, 03:48 PM
is stern also gonna get the lakers chris paul for fisher and morrison?

DirtBag
05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
no no no no no no no!!! I've heard this and the other trade Gasol for Bosh. I'd prefer the latter but honestly get BOSH TFOO L.A. Got Damn I hate the Lakers.. :banghead: :cry:

LAClipsFan33
05-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Odom + Bosh + Gasol + Kobe + Gift Stern PG = How Stern rolls

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/08/02/david_stern_magic.jpg

The guys a magician with the bullsh*t...pulling players out of a hat and handing them to the Lakers

KoRn
05-25-2010, 03:52 PM
is stern also gonna get the lakers chris paul for fisher and morrison?

why are you blaming stern if that happens? if bynum for bosh goes thru, it's on the respective team's mgmt, not stern. i want to see the proof for blaming stern. stern works for the owners, not the other way around.

BlueandGold
05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
please... hell no. Plus I don't believe a word any of those BSPN analysists say. Bynum is the perfect missing link for the Lakers frontcourt. Gasol/Odom are often labeled too soft or at least not strong/built enough to face the dwight howards and kendrick perkins of the world. Bynum is like throwing a brick wall into the paint. No other big men in the league has his size and strength, and not to mention even his footwork at such a young age. I would be very surprised if the Lakers move bynum. The Lakers aren't have enough offensive players, especially big men. They need a good/great defensive big men who is a beast like Bynum. Bynum has gone through stretchs averaging 3 blocks per game and could easily pick up 4-5 blocks per night, especially with extended minutes. It's hard projecting what Bynum will do at this point as well since he's been on limited minutes ever since 2008.

*KNOCKONWOOD

LAClipsFan33
05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Stern works for the owners, not the other way around.

Keep believing that

:cheers:

KoRn
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Keep believing that

:cheers:

my bad. godfather stern gets what he wants. i hope he makes it happen for dwill to come to the lakers.

noob cake
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe Stern can expand the trade....

Bynum + Morrison + Sasha for Bosh + Jack or Jose

Lakers get their serviceable PG and stud big man for trash

KoRn
05-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe Stern can expand the trade....

Bynum + Morrison + Sasha for Bosh + Jack or Jose

Lakers get their serviceable PG and stud big man for trash

yeah, i like this better.

DuMa
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
putting gasol at center for the entire game... we all know how that worked out

KoRn
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
putting gasol at center for the entire game... we all know how that worked out

yes, that is correct. but most people that like gasol and bosh together don't really care about defense.

bdreason
05-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Toronto wants no part of Bynum. He has a terrible attitude, and if he ended up in Canada, on a non-playoff team out East... he would go into dog-mode, and probably end up one of the worst contracts in the league.

shortlunatic
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
please... hell no. Plus I don't believe a word any of those BSPN analysists say. Bynum is the perfect missing link for the Lakers frontcourt. Gasol/Odom are often labeled too soft or at least not strong/built enough to face the dwight howards and kendrick perkins of the world. Bynum is like throwing a brick wall into the paint. No other big men in the league has his size and strength, and not to mention even his footwork at such a young age. I would be very surprised if the Lakers move bynum. The Lakers aren't have enough offensive players, especially big men. They need a good/great defensive big men who is a beast like Bynum. Bynum has gone through stretchs averaging 3 blocks per game and could easily pick up 4-5 blocks per night, especially with extended minutes. It's hard projecting what Bynum will do at this point as well since he's been on limited minutes ever since 2008.

*KNOCKONWOOD

This makes the most sense. I don't get why fans are so pumped about this trade. It doesn't seem like it would make a whole lot of difference to me excepting adding a quality name. the best center for a Gasol type of PF is a solid defensive center. That's not Bosh.

BigTicket
05-25-2010, 04:17 PM
God I hope not. Lakers have more than enough titles as it is, I want to see someone other than Boston/LA win one.

oh the horror
05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
The reason any LA fan would be pumped about this is due to the fact that Bynum simply KEEPS getting injured again and again during the most important time of the year. At this point, most in LA accept that dude is very injury prone, and if they can ship him out for some quality, then im sure most wouldnt be too sad about it.

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Toronto wants no part of Bynum. He has a terrible attitude, and if he ended up in Canada, on a non-playoff team out East... he would go into dog-mode, and probably end up one of the worst contracts in the league.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvee you met Hedo?

Raptors are f*cking retarded.

LAClipsFan33
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM
The reason any LA fan would be pumped about this is due to the fact that Bynum simply KEEPS getting injured again and again during the most important time of the year. At this point, most in LA accept that dude is very injury prone, and if they can ship him out for some quality, then im sure most wouldnt be too sad about it.

Exactly...who trades a 5 time all star for a guy who's hasn't been healthy since 10th grade ?

red1
05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvee you met Hedo?

Raptors are f*cking retarded.
:applause: :lol To be fair, there is no way we would've known that hedo would flop this hard. Seriously. Money is supposed to be a motivator, we all thought this guy would want contribute after we payed him what he wanted.

flipogb
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
a PG has to be included, Toronto has 2 starting quality PGs and Lakers should insist on getting one, preferably Jack

and if they do, I think they should sign a center for MLE or some of the MLE

someone big who is better than Mbenga

shortlunatic
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
a PG has to be included, Toronto has 2 starting quality PGs and Lakers should insist on getting one, preferably Jack

WTF?? as if getting Bosh wouldn't be raping them enough? If you want a solid PG to plug the missing link in your team you better be willing to shed more than Bynum, someone like Gasol. It's arrogant to expect teams to just bend over and take it like that.

shortlunatic
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM

That makes much more sense. I guess I see it a bit now, though I still don't think it's a good fit.

Kobe4life
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Exactly...who trades a 5 time all star for a guy who's hasn't been healthy since 10th grade ?

jerry west

flipogb
05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
WTF?? as if getting Bosh wouldn't be raping them enough? If you want a solid PG to plug the missing link in your team you better be willing to shed more than Bynum, someone like Gasol. It's arrogant to expect teams to just bend over and take it like that.

hey I didn't make up the rumors, id be fine with just keeping Bynum

Hiei
05-25-2010, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=Se

shortlunatic
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM
hey I didn't make up the rumors, id be fine with just keeping Bynum

ok then my bad. Just from your post, it sounded as though your opinion was they should make things difficult until they get a PG.

Younggrease
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM

he would actually go into get buckets mode, and put up great scoring numbers. He doesnt really have a bad attitude, he is just being put in a difficult situation for a youngster.

He wants a chance to find out how good he really is, but he cant do that on LA.....

shortlunatic
05-25-2010, 04:46 PM
People underestimate Gasol's ability to play center. Having Pau at Center and LO at PF has worked a hell of a lot better than Bynum at C these playoffs. Bosh is a more versatile PF than Pau and can stretch the floor very well. There is no way Pau/Bosh will be weaker than Pau/Bynum.

Yea but you don't want a center who just fills on for the center spot, you want a legit center. Pau at center maybe good when it comes to playing some of the mediocre teams in the NBA, but when it comes to playing the elite defensive teams, I just don't see that happening. I think that front court would have a difficult time against defensive teams like the Celtics, and we all know the championship is what matters most.

indiefan24
05-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Yea but you don't want a center who just fills on for the center spot, you want a legit center. Pau at center maybe good when it comes to playing some of the mediocre teams in the NBA, but when it comes to playing the elite defensive teams, I just don't see that happening. I think that front court would have a difficult time against defensive teams like the Celtics, and we all know the championship is what matters most.

maybe they can grab a bruiser off the free agent market?

qrich
05-25-2010, 04:51 PM

Danny Fortson back in the NBA!

shortlunatic
05-25-2010, 04:54 PM

yea i guess, but due to their skill, they will still be playing along side each other alot. IDK, i guess LA fans know what's best for them.

indiefan24
05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
yea i guess, but due to their skill, they will still be playing along side each other alot. IDK, i guess LA fans know what's best for them.

well kwame brown will be looking for a new team this summer...

red1
05-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Gasol and bosh would be a great combo. Worst case scenario, they can just flip bosh for someone who has more value than bynum. Bit of a no brainer if you ask me.

Younggrease
05-25-2010, 05:00 PM

I like Bynum but he is hurt alot...Honestly Id want to keep Bynum because I think when he is healthy he is a great asset.

But with that being said Bosh and Gasol would be fine against any frontline as long as they attack the basket off the dribble because they will simply live at the foul line.

amfirst
05-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I would prefer healthy Bynum over Bosh, but the dude has been injured in every playoffs. A healthy Bosh is >> injured Bynum. He can at least do something for us in the playoff than just 6 fouls.

Funnyfuka
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM

exactly, he's spoiled playing at LA, can you imagine him at toronto in canada lol... he would imitate tub o glu and not do shit anymore at all :lol

Twiens
05-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Mitch is a god if he pulls this off

cotdt
05-25-2010, 05:32 PM
with bosh lakers would just dominate to no end.

only thing bynum can do these days is to take 6 fouls in 7 minutes of play. this is worthless as lopez and amare will make their free throws just fine.

oh the horror
05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I like Bynum but he is hurt alot...Honestly Id want to keep Bynum because I think when he is healthy he is a great asset.

The issue I have is....when will he be healthy? He shouldnt be this injured early on dude...that is not a good sign. Age only makes it worse most of the time....Bynum could very well have a very short career.

It's A VC3!!!
05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh please Bynum is the NBA's biggest b1tch.This pathetic excuse for a player is always injured. He can't work well with anyone b/c in 2 weeks he injures a different part of his body..

ginobli2311
05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
The issue I have is....when will he be healthy? He shouldnt be this injured early on dude...that is not a good sign. Age only makes it worse most of the time....Bynum could very well have a very short career.

Totally agree. If you can get Bosh for Bynum you have to do it. I actually think that Bosh and Gasol could play very well together. Gasol has proven he is more than capable to guard centers....in fact....he's better guarding most centers than he is guarding power forwards. Bosh is such a versatile player and really hustles on both ends of the floor. He would be able to operate so freely because he would be third option on the floor for the Lakers. Trust me....if an opposing team can't focus on Bosh....they are screwed....he will carve them up all night.

Swaggin916
05-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh please Bynum is the NBA's biggest b1tch.This pathetic excuse for a player is always injured. He can't work well with anyone b/c in 2 weeks he injures a different part of his body..

You have obviously never been injured... you wouldn't be saying that if you have been. Injuries happen... especially to people who have more weight than their frame can really handle. Some people need to be trim in order to avoid injuries... I'd say Grag Oden also fits that bill. Shaq was just a freak... but he was injured a lot too, just never when it really mattered.

cotdt
05-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Gasol is better at guarding people like Dwight Howard than he is at guarding athletic PFs like Amare. I think he is better at C than PF.

As for Bynum, even when he is healthy he only shows up to half the games. He does not defend or rebound most of the time. We already have Gasol who plays similar offense and similar but more consistent defense.

Imagine the Lakers having THREE players who can draw double teams while stretching the floor? Auto-championship.

Allstar24
05-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Interesting perspective from a Vince Carter fan.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Buh Bye Bynum

*THINKING* Bynum might be faking his injuries to lessen his stock value. Bynum knows the organization is looking to trade him.

monkeypox
05-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Why would Toronto trade an multiple all-star player for a top young prospect? Only crooked Stern could make it happen! Lol, is that even a question? You guys do realize that Bosh can just leave if he wants to right? You really can't see the benefit of replacing your leaving center with a young legit 7 footer with good skills? Christ, some fans can be such crybabies some times.

I'm not sure about this trade. While I do agree that Bynum has been a big disappointment up to this point, I'm not sure Bosh is the answer. Don't get me wrong, I thought Bosh was amazing in the olympics. I just don't know if he's the right fit for this exact team. Like others have said, Gasol full time at the center hasn't been the best way to use him so far. Having two finesse big men on the same team seems kind of redundant. I'm just thinking about how we'd win a series with both our starting bigs getting pushed around in the paint.

Why I think Bynum would work for Toronto, is that he seems to play better when he's "the man." He tends to pout when he isn't the focus of what's going on on the floor. When he's motivated he's been pretty spectacular and he does have a lot of tools. If he could just stop jumping in to players who have literally no chance of making a shot over him, he might be able to stay out of foul trouble. Being the focus on a new team might make him finally blossom in to an all-star level player.

oh the horror
05-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Lets say hypothetically they were to make this happen....LA would have to also try to look out for another center to come off the bench that is better than Mbenga.

Lakers13
05-25-2010, 06:14 PM
A front court of Bosh and Gasol would be an opposing Coach's nightmare, can't double either one because you have a guy named Kobe in the back court.

I love Bynum, but let's be honest, he's never going to be a healthy player for us. Where we need him the most, the Playoffs and The Finals, he has not been healthy enough to contribute consistently...3 years straight.

I say do it.

Lakers13
Lets say hypothetically they were to make this happen....LA would have to also try to look out for another center to come off the bench that is better than Mbenga.

Shaq :oldlol:

Dr Giggles
While I do agree that PF is Gasol's best position, how many players are better than him at Center? Howard and Duncan? Anyone else? And he's not that much worse than those two if any worse at all, and that's his second best position.

What I'm saying is that I would trade for Bosh and go with Gasol at center.

At worst they start next season with the best SG in the league, a top 5 PF and a top 3 C.

cotdt
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM

why? I like mbenga very much. he was even the starting center for a couple games this season and performed quite well. best shot blocker in the league per-minute wise.

D-Rose
05-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Bynum's length and height is far inferior to what Bosh brings to the table in terms of talent and actually being healthy.

Gasol and Bosh would work beautifully.

Jasper
05-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Chris Bosh PF 26 years old career 20/10 6'10" 230 lbs

Bynum C 22 years old 2010 stats 15/ 8 7' 285 lbs

-------------------------
I'd say Bynum is growing right now into his body with all the height growth and weight.
Once the injuries go away he has at least 10 servicable years.

Bosh has about 8-9. (with no defense)

If Lakers actually do this off season sign and trade (Raptors) Pau will need a boat load of help on the defensive end , and if the opposing center pulls out , can Bosh actually defend the paint and board like a weak side center :confusedshrug:

I think if this trade or any team can acquire Bynum - you do it.
the kid is young and still developing.

raptorfan_dr07
05-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Just like it could happen before when it didnt, right?

Exactly, I posted my thoughts on all these stories circulating in the Raptors forum, I guess I'll post them here.

I no longer believe any of these ESPN/sports journalist stories. To me they're nothing but BS. I'm firmly convinced many of you here on Insidehoops could write some breaking news story on the NBA and back it up with "sources" just as credible. Only thing I believe is when it comes straight from the horse's mouth. It's an interesting time in the NBA right now. 3 of the league's top 10 players are set to become unrestricted free agents, able to sign wherever their heart desires. I don't blame these writers for hanging on their every move, wanting to be the first to break some huge news about these guys. I hate social networking sites(although I do use Facebook every now and then), but the only source I believe in all this is straight from Chris Bosh's twitter page saying it's news to him that he has a "list" narrowed down to a few teams.

Plus, I'd like to think most GM's(looking at you Bryan Colangelo), are indeed smart, and have been paying attention to Bynum's recent history. Bad attitude, injury prone, doesn't rebound or defend with consistency, only wants to score, terrible contract. I want no part of him on the Raptors. Would rather Bosh walk for nothing than take him back. And seeing as how a sign and trade is the only possible way of Bosh going to the Lakers, don't get your hopes up.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Plus, I'd like to think most GM's(looking at you Bryan Colangelo), are indeed smart, and have been paying attention to Bynum's recent history. Bad attitude, injury prone, doesn't rebound or defend with consistency, only wants to score, terrible contract. I want no part of him on the Raptors. Would rather Bosh walk for nothing than take him back. And seeing as how a sign and trade is the only possible way of Bosh going to the Lakers, don't get your hopes up.

this is why u r just a pathetic poster here on insidehoops and not a gm...GTFO....bad attitude from bynum??? lol

cotdt
05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
bynum has great attitude he a bomebou

Hiei
05-25-2010, 07:08 PM

But who has played Center for us the past 3 years in playoffs? Bynum has done nothing on offensive end and just commits stupid fouls and end up on the bench as soon as someone attacks him. He is getting way too much credit when he hasn't really done anything.

PejaNowitzki
05-25-2010, 07:13 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

LOL at Lakers fans, trying to trade a guy who plays the way Greg Oden looks for a 5 time All-Star and then expecting even more out of it. ****ing delusional. Bynum's always an injury waiting to happen and without the bright lights of LA, I see him completely and totally shutting it down.

oh the horror
05-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Chris Bosh PF 26 years old career 20/10 6'10" 230 lbs

Bynum C 22 years old 2010 stats 15/ 8 7' 285 lbs

I'd say Bynum is growing right now into his body with all the height growth and weight.
Once the injuries go away he has at least 10 servicable years.

Bosh has about 8-9. (with no defense)

Thats the thing here.....do his injuries go away? Thus far in his career, he has consistently been injured off and on. And especially during the playoffs.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-25-2010, 07:22 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

LOL at Lakers fans, trying to trade a guy who plays the way Greg Oden looks for a 5 time All-Star and then expecting even more out of it. ****ing delusional. Bynum's always an injury waiting to happen and without the bright lights of LA, I see him completely and totally shutting it down.

fcuk off you pathetic peice of shiett...SOB...

dont even compare bynum to Oden....bynum has produced consistently when not injured. problem is he is injured during the playoffs....when was the last time Oden averaged 20/10 for even a week?

and NO ....not all lakers fans are trying to trade him....

if they want cause they know its their leverage to ask for a pg...will Raps want to lose him for nothing? or just include j jack?

now understand this...lakers fans are smart and they know what leverage means...only pathetic basetards like you dont understand it

bih
05-25-2010, 07:24 PM
if this trade actually happened the raptors would be screwed.

Pharcyde
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Doubt they would trade for a center with shot knees when they could get the TPE with better draft picks and sign whoever they want.

Jasper
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Every body is built differently , but even though I am only 5' 10" my body did not fully develop until I was like 24.

How many of use have stood next to a 7' person ?
I stood next to Kareem , and it was mind boggling.

Running the floor , and jumping etc . is a lot of stress on a big young guys like Oden and Bynum. Just give them a couple years to develop and develop their game...
Look at Andrew Bogut. Took time , but he has game now :applause:

ZenMaster
05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
if this trade actually happened the raptors would be screwed.

Probably the best offer they're going to get if it happens.

Bynum is the perfect player to put next to Il Mago! They could do some damage in the eastern conference.

amfirst
05-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Haters are so funny. Who do u think can offer Toronto a better deal than Bynum, young w/ lots of potential and when healthy can shut down Bosh.

PejaNowitzki
05-25-2010, 09:33 PM
fcuk off you pathetic peice of shiett...SOB...

dont even compare bynum to Oden....bynum has produced consistently when not injured. problem is he is injured during the playoffs....when was the last time Oden averaged 20/10 for even a week

When is the last time Bynum went through a season without missing a month or more?

if they want cause they know its their leverage to ask for a pg...will Raps want to lose him for nothing? or just include j jack?

Leverage? You think no offer team could make Toronto an offer for Bosh?

PejaNowitzki
05-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Haters are so funny. Who do u think can offer Toronto a better deal than Bynum, young w/ lots of potential and when healthy can shut down Bosh.

I'm going to go ahead and say no. Bynum might be broken for the rest of his career. He hasn't been fully healthy in like 6 years. You think age is gonna help any?

PejaNowitzki
05-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Doubt they would trade for a center with shot knees when they could get the TPE with better draft picks and sign whoever they want.

True that. I'm sure Colangelo would wet his pants if he could go out and sign Nowitzki.

Kujo
05-25-2010, 09:40 PM
BC would be a moron if he did this deal. Bynum is damaged goods.

LA_Showtime
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd hate to see Bynum go, but the opportunity to trade for Bosh is too much to pass up at this point. As talented as Bynum is, he's had trouble staying healthy the past 3 seasons and the Lakers need somebody who can stay on the court.

Could Gasol, Bosh, and Odom play together? I think so.

LA_Showtime
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Btw, replacing Bynum with Bosh does not necessarily make the Lakers any better. If I knew Bynum's injuries were in the past, I'd rather have him.

LBJMVP
05-25-2010, 10:31 PM
why would toronto want an overrated injured bynum?

plat1numX
05-25-2010, 10:37 PM
because its better then getting taj gibson and a shitty pick

amfirst
05-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Who said Kobe isn't the best anymore?

Rowe
05-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Because hes 22, and is already a legit starting C in the NBA. With his development, theres no ways hes topped out just yet.

Even if Bynum doesn't improve into a 20/10/2 guy people thought he could be, hes still going to be good for 15/10/2 a night and make the East All Star team at the Center position.

Its better than when he joins the Knicks and we bring him back to Toronto twice a year to rape you by 30.

cotdt
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Kobe Bryant is amazing.

Qwyjibo
05-25-2010, 11:41 PM
BC would be a moron if he did this deal. Bynum is damaged goods.
Well during his time in Toronto he hasn't done much to prove he isn't a moron when it comes to building a winning team.

LBJMVP
05-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Because hes 22, and is already a legit starting C in the NBA. With his development, theres no ways hes topped out just yet.

Even if Bynum doesn't improve into a 20/10/2 guy people thought he could be, hes still going to be good for 15/10/2 a night and make the East All Star team at the Center position.

Its better than when he joins the Knicks and we bring him back to Toronto twice a year to rape you by 30.

injury problems... in my opinion he is greg oden like

bada bing
05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
screw bynum and screw all these idiot laker fans talking about bynum for bosh deal. I dont want this overhyped injury prone loser on the raptors. I rather see teh raptors lose bosh for nothing and just rebuild from scratch. I dont want false hope and fake potential from low IQ dumbass players. We already have bargnani. No need to add another low IQ player on the raptors. I hope the raps fire BC and just start over now. Get rid of everyone and take their time to rebuild.

D-Rose
05-25-2010, 11:45 PM
screw bynum and screw all these idiot laker fans talking about bynum for bosh deal. I dont want this overhyped injury prone loser on the raptors. I rather see teh raptors lose bosh for nothing and just rebuild from scratch. I dont want false hope and fake potential from low IQ dumbass players. We already have bargnani. No need to add another low IQ player on the raptors. I hope the raps fire BC and just start over now. Get rid of everyone and take their time to rebuild.
Shhhh you're not the Raptors GM. Don't let him hear your logic.

Qwyjibo
05-25-2010, 11:48 PM
A healthy Bynum would hopefully be a good start to rebuilding for the Raptors. Bynum would be the Raptors best player so clearly they would suck next year and hopefully get a nice lottery pick. The ideal situation would be to build around a healthy Bynum and hopefully a star 2011 lottery pick.

But his injury history at such a young age is scary. I'm not sure I'd want to take that risk especially with his current contract.

amfirst
05-25-2010, 11:53 PM
A healthy Bynum is better than Bosh, people must forget what he did to toronto when healthy. Bynum is injured and has that Forest Gump medal cast on his legs of course he's not mobile right now. However, I'm beginning to like the deal. His injuries is really pissing me off.

plat1numX
05-25-2010, 11:53 PM
A healthy Bynum would hopefully be a good start to rebuilding for the Raptors. Bynum would be the Raptors best player so clearly they would suck next year and hopefully get a nice lottery pick. The ideal situation would be to build around a healthy Bynum and hopefully a star 2011 lottery pick.

But his injury history at such a young age is scary. I'm not sure I'd want to take that risk especially with his current contract.

Isn't the contract up in 2 years with a team option? It isn't that bad for the upside of his, plus we can move bargs back to PF, because if Andrea plays another year at the center position I'll hang myself.

D-Rose
05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
A healthy Bynum is better than Bosh. Bynum is injured and has that Forest Gump medal cast on his legs of course he's not mobile right now. However, I'm beginning to like the deal. His injuries is really pissing me off.
:oldlol:

Qwyjibo
05-25-2010, 11:56 PM
because if Andrea plays another year at the center position I'll hang myself.
I wish there was some way to move him to 6th man. Something the Raptors should have done a while ago if they looked at his actual production and fit on the team and not hype. At PF he's still going to be the same perimeter oriented jump shooter who can't rebound he has been for the past couple years.

Bynum would provide some semblance of interior defense but again, the Raptors are going to need more for the future (tank tank TANK!). A team with Andrew Bynum as its best player is not going anywhere significant.

Bosnian Sajo
05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Some of you guys are true idiots, honestly...would the Raps rather have Bynum or be left with nothing?

Qwyjibo
05-26-2010, 12:08 AM
would the Raps rather have Bynum or be left with nothing?
Depends on what the plan is and what you do with the money that Bynum would take up.

For example, I'd rather the Raptors get absolutely nothing than have to take back a re-signed David Lee from a Knicks sign-and-trade scenario.

noob cake
05-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Some of you guys are true idiots, honestly...would the Raps rather have Bynum or be left with nothing?

Houston offers Knicks 2011 1st pick pick , 2012 swap (top 1 protected), Jordan hill, Chase Budinger, Rockets #14 this year, a resigned Scola on a reasonable contract.

3 lotto picks + solid role player in Budinger, a decent prospect in Hill, a solid banger PF in Scola is much better than an overpaid young center with upside and potential yes, but attitude and work ethic problems (AND extensive history of injury)

Knowing that Knicks will miss out on Bosh and possibly LeBron, Raptors can rest easy knowing that those Knicks lotto will be HIGH. :bowdown:

Qwyjibo
05-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Houston offers Knicks 2011 1st pick pick , 2012 swap (top 1 protected), Jordan hill, Chase Budinger, Rockets #14 this year, a resigned Scola on a reasonable contract.
Take away Scola and include Battier's or Jeffries' expiring contract instead and that's the perfect offer for the Raptors. I'm still bummed that rumours of Bosh to Houston have died down.

noob cake
05-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Take away Scola and include Battier's or Jeffries' expiring contract instead and that's the perfect offer for the Raptors. I'm still bummed that rumours of Bosh to Houston have died down.

Take Jeffries, even better if Toronto doesn't want a fill gap PF replacement in Scola.

CLTHornets4eva
05-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Totally agree, if the Lakers are the only team to offer a sign and trade. But, I believe there will be a decent sign and trade offer for Bosh that will result in a Bosh arrival somewhere else than LA.

DoubleTech
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Take Jeffries, even better if Toronto doesn't want a fill gap PF replacement in Scola.

we're taking jeffries and running. battier might actually help us win a few games and ruin our 2011 pick.

shortlunatic
05-26-2010, 01:18 AM

But with that being said Bosh and Gasol would be fine against any frontline as long as they attack the basket off the dribble because they will simply live at the foul line.

I disagree. I think it's a lot to hope that they will live at the foul line. As I said earlier, they will be able to handle the medicore teams with ease, but when it comes to legit defensive teams, that's when the problem will really show through. And that's when it matters most.

LA KB24
05-26-2010, 01:21 AM
my bad. godfather stern gets what he wants. i hope he makes it happen for dwill to come to the lakers.
:D

Dengness9
05-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Andrew Bynum at one point said the Lakers were gonna beat the Bulls 72-10 record.

The guy is also talking about playing the Celtics before the WCF is even over.

He's an injury prone chump who thinks he is alot better than he is. The Lakers are now 2-2 w/ the suns largely because of Bynums inefficiency. I know the Suns zone is working well, but Bynum and his knees look shot. His trade value is free falling quickly. If the Lakers don't beat the suns, or lose to the C's in the finals, and Bynum continues to regress and his knees don't get better, the Raptors aren't likely to want Bynum at all. I think he gets 13 mil next year, then 15 mil after that.

That sounds like too much risk to invest for BC on Toronto. Might as well rebuild w/ out Bynum and his knees.

monkeypox
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Totally agree, if the Lakers are the only team to offer a sign and trade. But, I believe there will be a decent sign and trade offer for Bosh that will result in a Bosh arrival somewhere else than LA.

That's assuming the Raptors have leverage. Bosh is a free agent, which means if someone else offers a better deal to the Raptors but Bosh doesn't want to go there, they're SOL. If LA with Kobe, or somewhere else with LeBron, is where he wants to go and he puts his foot down, then their choices are to take whatever they can get, or get nothing and start rebuilding from scratch. The only leverage they have is that extra money and the longer contract, and if Bosh doesn't care as much about either as he does about choosing where he plays, then Toronto doesn't have much of a choice.

SevereUpInHere
05-26-2010, 04:12 AM

3 lotto picks + solid role player in Budinger, a decent prospect in Hill, a solid banger PF in Scola is much better than an overpaid young center with upside and potential yes, but attitude and work ethic problems (AND extensive history of injury)

Knowing that Knicks will miss out on Bosh and possibly LeBron, Raptors can rest easy knowing that those Knicks lotto will be HIGH. :bowdown:

How have Houston got our 2011 pick? i thought you couldnt trade 1st round picks 2 years in a row, and we definitely dont have one in 2010.

Force
05-26-2010, 04:52 AM
I posted here years ago about Bynum. If they are keeping Pau, they need to put him next to somebody like Noah or a Varejo style player. Bosh is a great talent but not the best fit to play with Pau. I think they could make it work but they would need another 7 footer who hustled and brought defense. The Lakers could get a star plus add ins in exchange for Bynum, it's amazing how high that mediocre players trade value is at right now. The Lakers could have had Noah plus more this past trade deadline in a swap for Bynum.

All Net
05-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Bynum is a better fit when healthy. He is longer, bigger and has good movement around the rim and has some quailty post moves. The fact Bynum is what 6 years younger? obviously if Bynum can't stay healthy you make this trade but honestly Bynum if he stays healthy we will be regretting moving him.

Ol Dirty Bastard
05-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Living in SoCAL this is all I hear from LA fans, but is this something that you guys could see happening or just another rumor like KG&LA back in 06-07?????

What would LA have to give up?? Bynum, Luke, Artest???:confusedshrug:

Dontstop
05-27-2010, 10:51 PM
ODB is talking from the grave. :eek:

lilgodfather1
05-27-2010, 10:56 PM
They would have to give up Bynum and some expirings, as well as picks to get that done. It is possible, but I don't see why the Lakers would truly want to do it. Bosh and Pau are the same player basically.

godofgods
05-28-2010, 12:15 AM
They can get Bosh without giving up anybody.

partizan fan
05-28-2010, 12:22 AM

and how much would they be over salary cap?

Hamburgers
05-28-2010, 12:24 AM
nah lakers dont need him.

bleedinpurpleTwo

yes, they could, if Bosh was willing to take the MLE or veteran's min exception.
somehow I just don't see that happening.

If it happens, it will be Bynum+filler+picks.

Kobe4life
LOL bynum is 0-5 2 pts in the most important game of the season so far lmao. do it mitch

Kiddlovesnets
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes it can happen in dream

amfirst
05-28-2010, 02:21 AM
This would be the best trade Raptors can get. So it's very possible, if the Lakers want it to happen.

CrazyLond
05-28-2010, 02:30 AM
They already have combined the best player on the Lakers, the Clippers, the Grizzlies and the Kings with the best coach in the game. Why not throw in the best player on the Raptors?

monkeypox
05-28-2010, 03:12 AM
The word is that the Raptors had already accepted a trade for Bynum/Bosh before the trade deadline but the Lakers were hesitant to mess with the chemistry on a championship team. They basically said "let's table this and revisit it in the offseason." That's where it stands right now. Obviously things will be different at the end of the season, but the basic idea of the trade was acceptable to both sides.

mamba24
05-28-2010, 04:10 AM
The word is that the Raptors had already accepted a trade for Bynum/Bosh before the trade deadline but the Lakers were hesitant to mess with the chemistry on a championship team. They basically said "let's table this and revisit it in the offseason." That's where it stands right now. Obviously things will be different at the end of the season, but the basic idea of the trade was acceptable to both sides.

Yea i would not do that. We have a legit no2 in pau gasol who can put up similar numbers to bosh. we need bynum to be healthy, lamar, ron and kobe are still good to go with fish still doing ok. all we need is an upgrade at PG coz fish cant do the 82 game season forever and we need a replacement.

our frontcourt is set. bosh can take his jumpshot to miami or chicago or NY but as a laker fan im happy and i dont wanna change whats working.

RedBlackAttack
05-28-2010, 04:15 AM
They would have to give up Bynum and some expirings, as well as picks to get that done. It is possible, but I don't see why the Lakers would truly want to do it. Bosh and Pau are the same player basically.
You don't know why they would want one of the league's Top 3 PFs by giving up an injury-prone, overrated big man? Not even mentioning Bosh is still a young guy just entering his prime.

Sure... Gasol and Bosh may be similar players, but I don't see why that would be a problem. Bosh can step outside and hit medium range jumpers with regularity and work from the post, making him versatile enough to work with any team.

If the Raptors would be willing partners and all that they are asking for is Bynum and a couple of expirers, the Lakers would be stupid not to jump all over it.

This isn't a move that would solve the Lakers' toughness problems up front, but it would make them one of the greatest finesse teams of all-time.

MagicalLA
05-28-2010, 04:18 AM
People just fap to the flashing highlights.

But I bet my life Bosh + Gasol is not a good combination.

monkeypox
05-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Yea i would not do that. We have a legit no2 in pau gasol who can put up similar numbers to bosh. we need bynum to be healthy, lamar, ron and kobe are still good to go with fish still doing ok. all we need is an upgrade at PG coz fish cant do the 82 game season forever and we need a replacement.

our frontcourt is set. bosh can take his jumpshot to miami or chicago or NY but as a laker fan im happy and i dont wanna change whats working.

I'd agree with you more if Bynum was brining ANYTHING to the table right now. He shows flashes, but mostly just commits stupid ass fouls all the time and kills our momentum.

Looking at a possible Celtics or Magic matchup, we would definitely need Bynum for his size and strength. But then if he's going to bite on every pump fake and crash in to little players with little chance of making a shot, he might as well not be out there. He's really just playing like garbage right now, and against a smaller team.

Like a lot of people I'm not sold on Bosh being here either because he would be kind of redundant with Pau. What would be the point of having two finesse bigs shooting all over the place if the opposing bigs just have their way in the paint on the other side? It's one of those things that can sound great on paper because of all the talent, but I'm not so sure how it would look in practice. BUT the fact that Bynum has been pretty useless so far makes me lean towards giving Bosh a try next season. If we can win with little to no production from Bynum, then Bosh would basically be a bonus.

Maneva
05-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Though I don't want to see Bosh leave my Raptors, I actually think he'd be a great fit with the Lakers because his game is so similar to Gasol's. Having two of the most skilled and versatile big men on your team would be tough to combat. They're both great passers and could probably work well together in the post, not to mention they're both capable of consistently hitting outside jump shots.

Bynum's got a size advantage, but he's been terribly injury prone and too inconsistent. I think the Lakers would regret not jumping at this.

mamba24
05-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Bosh's thinking of coming to LA in a sign and trade to play third banana? i dont think so.

He probably wont wanna play with wade and lebron. he's looking more to be the no1 guy.

If lebron heads to chicago no way he can join him. If he heads to chicago no way lebron can go there too. bosh going to Miami maybe an option but Pat riley is going to look at his options in order

Lebron
Bosh
Amare
Boozer

As ideal as chicago is the most likely to land there is boozer.
Bosh in miami, lebron in cleveland and amare and johnson in NY

raptorfan_dr07
05-28-2010, 05:38 AM

No, there was NO trade that had been "already accepted". That's pure bullsh*t. Bryan Colangelo stated numerous times that there was no possibility of trading Chris Bosh at any point in the season.

And never once did Bosh say he wants to play for the Lakers. He hasn't said anything about where he wants to play. Some morons through out some BS about a "top 5" list and both he and his agent stated there was no truth to that rumor.

indiefan24
05-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Bynum is a better fit when healthy. He is longer, bigger and has good movement around the rim and has some quailty post moves. The fact Bynum is what 6 years younger? obviously if Bynum can't stay healthy you make this trade but honestly Bynum if he stays healthy we will be regretting moving him.

go BOSH!

It's A VC3!!!
05-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Trade Bynum the biggest girl in the league because he is always injured. It could happen if you gave up Bynum obviously, and something else.

El Kabong
05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Bosh has all the power in this situation. I'm sure he'd be just as happy to sign as a FA with Miami or NY. People say other teams could offer more for Bosh, but from the sounds of it the Lakers are the only team he'd agree do to a S&T with. So you either have to pick losing Bosh for nothing, or swapping him for Bynum.

LA.MJ&KB#1
05-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Let's no forget Phil always wanted Bosh.

Now Bosh has control of wear he wants to play.

And Phil contract is up and other TEAMs are after him so, I could see Phil saying to Jerry Buss I'll take less money but you have to sign Bosh for me to stay.

ZenMaster
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Let's no forget Phil always wanted Bosh.

Now Bosh has control of wear he wants to play.

And Phil contract is up and other TEAMs are after him so, I could see Phil saying to Jerry Buss I'll take less money but you have to sign Bosh for me to stay.

Forget? I didn't even know..

Where did you get this from?

RaceBannana
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
whats the problem with Bosh for Bynum?
Bynum is the perfect big man to play next to Bargnani.
If Bynum reach his potential he

indiefan24
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=RaceBannana]whats the problem with Bosh for Bynum?
Bynum is the perfect big man to play next to Bargnani.
If Bynum reach his potential he

Lakers13
05-28-2010, 12:43 PM
yup there is no problem. imagine two skilled big men passing in and out of the triangle. if the lakers get calderon as well then they solve their PG problems. let fisher rest for the regular season and activate him for the playoffs hahaha

It would be close to Showtime again, or at least the closest we will get to it :oldlol:

Funnyfuka
05-28-2010, 12:54 PM
calderon+ gasol could be loads of fun...they d speak spanish on the court lol :lol

hotsizzle
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I want NO part of Calderon. Calderon might be worst defensive PG in the league. Gimme Jack instead

KB24
05-28-2010, 04:57 PM

agreed. if bynum was actually healthy and can prove hes durable, i'd take him over bosh on this lakers squad. But knowing bynums injury history, i'd take bosh over him =o

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
for me, it has nothing to do with being injury prone.
it has everything to do with ZERO contribution...and stupid fouls.
His usefulness appears limited to defending low-post centers.

KB24
05-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I want NO part of Calderon. Calderon might be worst defensive PG in the league. Gimme Jack instead

calderon is way overpaid considering he plays almost no defense. I'd take jack over him for that reason alone

RaceBannana
05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
yup there is no problem. imagine two skilled big men passing in and out of the triangle. if the lakers get calderon as well then they solve their PG problems. let fisher rest forever

Fixed

but Toronto may want to get rid of a bad contract... and your team has been in need of a PG for long time... and its not like fisher is such an amazing defender btw...

Jasper
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Refresh my memory ,

Boozer rented a home in the LA area sometime back (when he was injured and out for a year)
Boozer and family prefer warm climate regions
Boozer has low post game , and solid rebounder .

L.A. a warm climate region ?

Alkiers
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
A little perspective is needed here.

Bosh can sign a contract with the Raptors for $30 million more than with anyone else. Much of this is due to the fact that a contract with the Raptors can be a year longer than with anyone else, and that final year will be worth over $20M.

He might wel do this, but only if he can get a sign-and-trade to a team he wants to play for, and one he thinks he can win a championship with.

Toronto clearly would rather have Bynum than anyone else they can possibly get in a trade. Bynum had a dominating game against them 2 years ago and they know what he is capable of. They realize that when 100% healthy, he is no worse than the 2nd best center in the league...and only 22 years old.

They also know, as do the Lakers, that Bynum does not have the passion for the game of basketball that 90% of NBA players have. He backpacked through Europe last summer. He is that type of kid. He is happier playing with computers or taking things apart than being on the hardcourt. He is basically a nerd. He plays basketball primarily because he is 7'1", and can make millions of dollars doing so. Andrew's dedication to basketball comes and goes it seems.

The Lakers would like to get Bosh simply because Bynum, who has a world of promise, has done nothing at all in 3 straight playoffs. I think they are wondering are not sure what to expect from Andrew in the future, but know what Bosh will bring to the table. Also, Bynum and Gasol have spacing problems when they are on the court together. This year, Andrew started very quickly and played very well for the first month, but then faded when Gasol came back to the team. Two savvy players like Bosh and Gasol will not have to those problems playing together and will space the court much better.

Realistically speaking, there is a good chance that Raptors will either trade Bosh to the Lakers or get nothing in return for him. He will quite likely decide to be a free-agent and play with either Labron or Wade if he cannot go to the Lakers.

Now the kicker is..... the Lakers can always decide to stand pat. There is a reasonable chance Andrew, who will be 23 next year, will turn into a mature dominating center for the Lakers.

So....the Raptors will probably have to take more than just Bynum for Bosh. They will probably have to take the contracts of both Sasha and Walton, and add either Jack or Calderon to the equation.

If not, they will simply lose Bosh and get nothing in return. They are in a position, given Bosh's alternatives, where they probably cannot drive too hard a bargain.

#1SportsFan86
05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Anything is possible with Stern....Stern want's the Lakers in the Finals every year so I whon't be suprised if it goes down.

Amil23
05-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Anything is possible with Stern....Stern want's the Lakers in the Finals every year so I whon't be suprised if it goes down.
+1 expect Mbenga or Bosh:pimp:

SoCalMike
05-29-2010, 01:01 AM

dumb post and wrong... the lakers organization is why the lakers are in the finals so often. give credit where it is due.

:pimp:

flipogb
05-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Turkoglu
Bosh
Jack

for

Farmar (re-signed)
Vujacic
Walton
Bynum

its close, might need to add Shannon Brown

cotdt
05-29-2010, 03:17 AM
A little perspective is needed here.

Bosh can sign a contract with the Raptors for $30 million more than with anyone else. Much of this is due to the fact that a contract with the Raptors can be a year longer than with anyone else, and that final year will be worth over $20M.

He might wel do this, but only if he can get a sign-and-trade to a team he wants to play for, and one he thinks he can win a championship with.

Toronto clearly would rather have Bynum than anyone else they can possibly get in a trade. Bynum had a dominating game against them 2 years ago and they know what he is capable of. They realize that when 100% healthy, he is no worse than the 2nd best center in the league...and only 22 years old.

They also know, as do the Lakers, that Bynum does not have the passion for the game of basketball that 90% of NBA players have. He backpacked through Europe last summer. He is that type of kid. He is happier playing with computers or taking things apart than being on the hardcourt. He is basically a nerd. He plays basketball primarily because he is 7'1", and can make millions of dollars doing so. Andrew's dedication to basketball comes and goes it seems.

The Lakers would like to get Bosh simply because Bynum, who has a world of promise, has done nothing at all in 3 straight playoffs. I think they are wondering are not sure what to expect from Andrew in the future, but know what Bosh will bring to the table. Also, Bynum and Gasol have spacing problems when they are on the court together. This year, Andrew started very quickly and played very well for the first month, but then faded when Gasol came back to the team. Two savvy players like Bosh and Gasol will not have to those problems playing together and will space the court much better.

Realistically speaking, there is a good chance that Raptors will either trade Bosh to the Lakers or get nothing in return for him. He will quite likely decide to be a free-agent and play with either Labron or Wade if he cannot go to the Lakers.

Now the kicker is..... the Lakers can always decide to stand pat. There is a reasonable chance Andrew, who will be 23 next year, will turn into a mature dominating center for the Lakers.

So....the Raptors will probably have to take more than just Bynum for Bosh. They will probably have to take the contracts of both Sasha and Walton, and add either Jack or Calderon to the equation.

If not, they will simply lose Bosh and get nothing in return. They are in a position, given Bosh's alternatives, where they probably cannot drive too hard a bargain.

Excellent informative post. You should post more often.

amfirst
05-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Bynum when healthy has the dominance factor. Bosh has the skill factor. People like to base Bynum on his injured playoffs performance, but he is a entirely different animal when healthy. At one point he was the 2nd option for the Lakers until he got injured. His potential to me would probably be greater than Gasol if he could stay healthy. We already seen this when he is not injured. But the key is, can he remain healthy?