PDA

View Full Version : So sad watching Steve Nash cry after Lakers eliminated Suns

csklmf
05-30-2010, 12:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWGXKA0I_Q

I am Lakers fans, I am glad Lakers make it again this year.
But watching nash crying makes me feel sad.
With no doubt, Grant Hill, Coach Gentry and Steve Nash did a pretty decent job this year. Gotta appreciate their work.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 12:31 AM

With no doubt, Grant Hill, Coach Gentry and Steve Nash did a pretty decent job this year. Gotta appreciate their work.

i agree that was so sad. knowing that because kobe is just one of the best, someone that is still a great player is not gonna accomplish his dream. Well at least not in that team, if he comes to LA next year :rockon: but ego probably wouldn't allow

jbot
05-30-2010, 12:31 AM
he's even uglier when he's crying. "we're going to win game 6". :lol

Foster5k
05-30-2010, 12:33 AM
He must of ate some of that food that made Alvin Gentry sick in game 5.

What was it? The Kobe salad. :D

Juges8932
05-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah, it was sad to see indeed. Nash is a class act. It would be nice for him if he could get a ring.

YouGotServed
05-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Props to Steve Nash for stepping up these entire playoffs unlike that other overrated PF Amare 'I don't have a post game' Stoudemire.

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-30-2010, 12:35 AM
:ohwell:

Foster5k
All jokes aside. I like Nash he seems like a hard worker and patient guy. Hopefully, one day he gets a ring.(Wish he signs with the Lakers.)

PowerGlove
Nash it's not that serious bro...

Al Thornton
05-30-2010, 12:37 AM

gotdamn phoenix, 45 posts per day?

Lebron23
05-30-2010, 12:38 AM

Nash is already 37 yrs.old. This is his last ticket to the NBA Finals. He is still one of the best Point Guards in NBA History.

jbot
05-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Nash is already 37 yrs.old. This is his last ticket to the NBA Finals. He was one of the best Point Guards in NBA History.

corrected then.

Flashbeanie
05-30-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't see a big drop-off in him physically. His game ages very well. He's not going to start shooting bricks. Like Grant Hill, he doesn't have as much mileage on his legs as some of the players who jumped from high school. People are focusing on age more than mileage.

IssaBA
05-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Wow that was even harder to watch as a fellow Canadian...

Kobe4life
05-30-2010, 12:45 AM
he gets paid millions of dollars to play a kids game and hes crying because he couldnt get a ring that he could buy on ebay?

mans1ay3r
05-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Wow, he's played 118 playoffs games and has never made the finals. He's got to be crying about more than just this game..

Bosnian Sajo
05-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Gentry is a helluva coach, just wanted to add that in. He did a good job with Phoenix this year, props.

RoseCity07
05-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Portland was trying to go after him at one time. We could send some young talent like Bayless and Fernandez for Nash. Suns aren't going to get anything in return better than that. Nash could really make a push with the Blazers. We'd surely make it to the finals with him, Lakers would not be a contest.

SoCalMike
05-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Nash is already 37 yrs.old. This is his last ticket to the NBA Finals. He is still one of the best Point Guards in NBA History.

I guess I just have never agreed with this... to me, the best point guards in history can at least play a little defense... Nash has never played a lick of defense and that is partly why his teams have never won a championship.

Great point guard..sure.. one of the best? no way.

:pimp:

Bosnian Sajo
05-30-2010, 12:47 AM
he gets paid millions of dollars to play a kids game and hes crying because he couldnt get a ring that he could buy on ebay?

As a fan, I love seeing players get that emotional over the game,what you'd rather see them joking around on the floor and after the game say "meh, idc about winning, im rich."

Foster5k
05-30-2010, 12:48 AM
I almost felt sorry for Nash, but I forgot he's making millions, while we have people in the world starving and fighting to survive.

Bosnian Sajo
05-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I guess I just have never agreed with this... to me, the best point guards in history can at least play a little defense... Nash has never played a lick of defense and that is partly why his teams have never won a championship.

Def one of the best. Name me 10 all time better than him. Traditional pg right there.

Jumpman10135
05-30-2010, 12:50 AM
You have no soul and deserve to die. Your a ****in heartless skum.

Flashbeanie
05-30-2010, 12:50 AM

I have never thought of Magic Johnson as a good defender.

SoCalMike
05-30-2010, 12:51 AM
I have never thought of Magic Johnson as a good defender.

He was a better defender than Nash, and at least he could alter some shots due to his height and get rebounds.... huge difference.

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-30-2010, 12:54 AM
You have no soul and deserve to die. Your a ****in heartless skum. Uh...he lost a Playoff series...calm down there.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 12:55 AM

um do u think those rings are plastic?

shadow
05-30-2010, 12:55 AM
I feel for the guy. He's one of my fave non laker players in the L. Just too bad he's playing at a time when when the Lakers and Spurs have been dominant out west.

Allstar24
05-30-2010, 12:56 AM
This reminds me of Fisher crying when the Lakers lost to the Spurs in 03. It's great to see guys who really care about the game. Vince Carter make me sick...he should take notes from these great competitors.

jbot
You have no soul and deserve to die. Your a ****in heartless skum.
:lol ur a pvssy for not thinking it's funny. so a grown man is crying, big deal. he's a millionaire at the end of the day. who gives a shit?

unknowns8
technology has completely obliterated the sanctity of the locker room... Nash shouldn't have to have his pain broadcast across the globe... he's hurting enough as it is, let him reflect on what they've accomplished as a team and let the lakers defeat sink in a little bit before beaming pictures of him crying to the entire sports watching world

SoCalMike
05-30-2010, 12:57 AM
He was a better defender than Nash, and at least he could alter some shots due to his height and get rebounds.... huge difference.

p.s. Magic had qualities that Nash could only wish he had... not even a close comparison.

jbot
05-30-2010, 01:00 AM
technology has completely obliterated the sanctity of the locker room... Nash shouldn't have to have his pain broadcast across the globe... he's hurting enough as it is, let him reflect on what they've accomplished as a team and let the lakers defeat sink in a little bit before beaming pictures of him crying to the entire sports watching world
:violin:

Juges8932
05-30-2010, 01:00 AM
What does him making millions have to do with him being allowed to cry over something he dedicates his life to? Yeah, he is making millions and it's not like people are like, "OMG, Nash has such a shitty life. I feel so bad that he has to live with millions of dollars." It's just nice to see a star showing emotion due to a game that they love. I have a feeling it's also more than just this year, but probably the realization that his chances are limited and another year of failure just went by him. He might have been thinking that this was his chance to finally make the finals and get that elusive ring.

Bosnian Sajo
05-30-2010, 01:01 AM
p.s. Magic had qualities that Nash could only wish he had... not even a close comparison.

Very true, Magic sat out 4 years of basketball and came back in 95-96 to average 15/7r/6a on 47% shooting. Amazing? I think so.

jbot
05-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Very true, Magic sat out 4 years of basketball and came back in 95-96 to average 15/7r/6a on 47% shooting. Amazing? I think so.
just as amazing, if not more, is the fact that the bastard is still alive and fat as hell for being HIV+.

TonyJones
05-30-2010, 01:04 AM

NBA players (especially the elite players) push their bodies to the limit each year to get that ring. That ring symbolizes the hard work, dedication, and devotion that the player puts forth each year.

When you put that much work into something and you don't achieve your goal, then you are going to get emotional. Its human nature.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 01:04 AM
:lol ur a pvssy for not thinking it's funny. so a grown man is crying, big deal. he's a millionaire at the end of the day. who gives a shit?

and that is why u are not and will not be a millionaire. You do not understand ambition at all. You do not get in the NBA if you do not want to be the best

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Dude has millions he'll get over it.

onewickedlady
05-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Would have liked to see the Suns wipe their behinds with Kobe. :ohwell:

Flashbeanie
05-30-2010, 01:07 AM

And Nash has qualities Magic wish he had, unless he never wished he was a deadeye shooter from anywhere on the court.

TonyJones
This reminds me of Fisher crying when the Lakers lost to the Spurs in 03. It's great to see guys who really care about the game. Vince Carter make me sick...he should take notes from these great competitors.

Is it true that Vince was celebrating on the floor with Nate? Does anyone have the video of this? :roll: :roll:

Allstar24
Is it true that Vince was celebrating on the floor with Nate? Does anyone have the video of this? :roll: :roll:
I don't have video but I remember watching that on TV...he's beyond pathetic.

BTW...a lot of idiotic posts in here. You're making fun of a guy for playing his heart out and caring enough about the game to show a little emotion? Well that's why he is who he is and you are a nobody.

Go Getter
and that is why u are not and will not be a millionaire. You do not understand ambition at all. You do not get in the NBA if you do not want to be the best
:roll:

YEAH RIGHT, Oliver Miller and Eddie Curry say hi.:oldlol:

sbw19
Nash is all heart, played like a champ and never backed down. Contrast that with Vince's reaction after losing to the Celtics.

Beebo
05-30-2010, 01:09 AM

Unfortunately, not everyone can celebrate and smile like Vince Carter after a tough loss.

bladefd
Nash is a very classy guy. I feel like he is right up there with Alonzo Mourning, Dumars, Billups, Mutombo, Duncan, Fisher, CP3 as far as sportsmanship and respect goes.. Damn, it hurts to see him cry after that lose. As much as I wanted the Lakers to win, it truly hurts.. Worked his ass off his entire career but never was able to reach the finals.

He tried hard the entire series, you can tell. Hats off to him for that, but I dunno what else to say. It is tough for me to root for him as a Laker fan, you know. I wish he was in the Eastern conference. I truly don't think he will get over the hump with the Suns, his best bet is to move to another team.. Maybe the Suns could move Amare (S&T if he opts out) and Nash together to the Heat to play with Wade and Pat Riley? Bring back a showtime type of team with one of the top closers in the game in Wade and one of the top 5 coaches of all time in Riley. I can't see that happening but hey, one could just dream..

Nash made a mistake agreeing to a multiple season extension with the Suns. His own hands are tied behind his back, can't see the Suns trading such a classy guy and a consistent point-guard like him.

jbot
and that is why you can kiss my ass. you are not in the nba so how can you reflect on it so intimately?

are you gonna fly out to Nash and rub his back while he cries or what? all i said was the dude is ugly in the video. hell, who isn't ugly when they cry?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:12 AM

BTW...a lot of idiotic posts in here. You're making fun of a guy for playing his heart out and caring enough about the game to show a little emotion? Well that's why he is who he is and you are a nobody.

Take it easy man you should already know any guy that cries for any reason other than the death of a close friend/family member, the birth of their kid, or the cutting of an onion is subject to roasting.

It's man-law.

Faberg
05-30-2010, 01:12 AM
:(

Yea. Vince Carter joking around w/ Nate Robinson after Game 6 was just unreal. :wtf:

PowerGlove
05-30-2010, 01:15 AM

You have a lot to learn.

OmniStrife
05-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Take it easy man you should already know any guy that cries for any reason other than the death of a close friend/family member, the birth of their kid, or the cutting of an onion is subject to roasting.

It's man-law.
:lol I could make you shed a tear by a kick to the groin, would you be roasted for that?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Nash shouldn't have to have his pain broadcast across the globe... he's hurting enough as it is

:lol :lol :lol

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Aww man that's classic right there.

You sound JUST like a female.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:19 AM
:lol I could make you shed a tear by a kick to the groin, would you be roasted for that?

Doubly roasted.

1 for the kick and 1 for crying:lol

Flashbeanie
05-30-2010, 01:19 AM

It's man-law.

Michael Jordan crying when he won the championship -- roasted

Mutombo on the floor crying when the Nuggets upset the Sonics (as much as it pains me) -- roasted

Absurd man-law

jbot
05-30-2010, 01:20 AM
wait a sec...Nash might be saved by the ugliness of this cryer.

http://20thcenturymotors.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/adam-morrison-crying.jpg

flipogb
05-30-2010, 01:21 AM
that Nash thing was meh, he tried but his teams are just the second best evevrytime, its just bad luck sometimes

I dont give a crap about Hill tho, he had his chance to sign with LA and thought little of them at the time, too bad

kobesabi
05-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Good job Nash. You gave it your best. Better luck next time Nash. Or come join the Lakers :)

Alonzo Magic
05-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I'd have cried on the court. Hell, I cry after some ER episodes.

I can see where Jbot is coming from. It's definitely a foreign notion to cry after losing a game when he is working hard, earning nothing like what Nash is earning while taking care of his kids. (I remember you saying you had kids Jbot)

ryantheporchkid
05-30-2010, 01:23 AM

YEAH RIGHT, Oliver Miller and Eddie Curry say hi.:oldlol:

As if Eddie Curry and Oliver just happened to land in the NBA. I guarantee you they put in the time throughout high school and college.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Michael Jordan crying when he won the championship -- roasted

Mutombo on the floor crying when the Nuggets upset the Sonics (as much as it pains me) -- roasted

Absurd man-law

Yep....both really.

I mean Mike cried after the first one because he was thinking about his father's death....I'd say he gets a pass...if he cries the subsequent championships I would say roasting is in order.

Mutumbo cried after getting out of the first round which really in the grand scheme of things ain't spit so yeah he is subject to roasting.

Roasting is just the general kidding tha happens amounts men.

I've been roasted before and so have you...it's no big deal.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:28 AM

As if Eddie Curry and Oliver just happened to land in the NBA. I guarantee you they put in the time throughout high school and college.

Curry didn't ever go to college.....He was a man child in HS and he never seemed to know what exactly went into giving 100% to his craft.

He said , "to make it to the NBA you have to want to be the best" and that is an blatant falsehood.

Some players can roll out of the bed half hung over and play in an NBA game until of course it catches up to them.

A lot of players just want that payday and after they get it they are useless....they have no desire or will to be the best.

skaterbasist
05-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Now, if only LeBron had the same emotions when it came to the playoffs :applause:

Nash is a good guy.

iggy>
05-30-2010, 01:31 AM
the suns are the philadelphia eagles of the nba

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:32 AM

I can see where Jbot is coming from. It's definitely a foreign notion to cry after losing a game when he is working hard, earning nothing like what Nash is earning while taking care of his kids. (I remember you saying you had kids Jbot)

I have cried on the baseball diamond.

One game away from the little league world series man omg I was hurt.

I understand that there are times of great emotion where you cant contain tears....and I also know that getting caught crying leads to a roasting.

You think that the team that beat you wouldn't laugh if they caught the chumps they just beat crying?

If I beat some chumps and caught them crying I'd laugh my ass off.

Showtime
05-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Nash is all heart, played like a champ and never backed down. Contrast that with Vince's reaction after losing to the Celtics.

And yet, Nash hasn't gone past the conference finals, same as Vince. Go figure.

Flashbeanie

Please...I feel no sympathy for the Eagles or their fans when they come up short. Philly is overly critical of their teams.

guy
Nash is a very classy guy. I feel like he is right up there with Alonzo Mourning, Dumars, Billups, Mutombo, Duncan, Fisher, CP3 as far as sportsmanship and respect goes.. Damn, it hurts to see him cry after that lose. As much as I wanted the Lakers to win, it truly hurts.. Worked his ass off his entire career but never was able to reach the finals.

He tried hard the entire series, you can tell. Hats off to him for that, but I dunno what else to say. It is tough for me to root for him as a Laker fan, you know. I wish he was in the Eastern conference. I truly don't think he will get over the hump with the Suns, his best bet is to move to another team.. Maybe the Suns could move Amare (S&T if he opts out) and Nash together to the Heat to play with Wade and Pat Riley? Bring back a showtime type of team with one of the top closers in the game in Wade and one of the top 5 coaches of all time in Riley. I can't see that happening but hey, one could just dream..

Nash made a mistake agreeing to a multiple season extension with the Suns. His own hands are tied behind his back, can't see the Suns trading such a classy guy and a consistent point-guard like him.

Well, I've actually heard Nash say multiple times that its not a big deal to him if he wins a title or not, so him signing an extension wasn't surprising to me. But I don't know anymore after seeing his reaction. Maybe him saying that before was a front. He really shouldn't have signed that extension though if a title does mean that much to him, and then he would've been a free agent. I would bet a team like the Cavs or Magic would go after him hard if he was a FA this offseason, and there's a good chance they'd be title favorites if they got him.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:35 AM
People act like him crying means he's a fiercer competitor than other guys and I don't think that's true.

I mean it shows that he obviously plays with heart/emotion but some men can compartmentalize their business on the court and off the court and give it 120% in basketball shorts but after the game they don't really give a **** about basketball.

iggy>
05-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Please...I feel no sympathy for the Eagles or their fans when they come up short. Philly is overly critical of their teams.
eagles havent won since 1960, and have choked multiple times in this decade. we are not overly critical

LA_Showtime
05-30-2010, 01:37 AM
I feel bad to a certain extent. On one hand, Nash obviously loves the game and I'd like to see him win a title before his career is over. On the other hand, Nash re-signed with the Suns so it's not exactly surprising that he's failed to win a ring thus far. And anyways, if he won a championship, that would mean the Lakers were ousted early. Boooo.:lol

jbot
05-30-2010, 01:37 AM

yeah, i'm looking at it thru my perspective as being a poor bastard. i wish i was a multimillionaire and only had the trouble of not winning a ring on my mind.

Alonzo Magic
05-30-2010, 01:39 AM
I have cried on the baseball diamond.

One game away from the little league world series man omg I was hurt.

I understand that there are times of great emotion where you cant contain tears....and I also know that getting caught crying leads to a roasting.

You think that the team that beat you wouldn't laugh if they caught the chumps they just beat crying?

If I beat some chumps and caught them crying I'd laugh my ass off.

It depends on the context of the match. A World Cup final? No.

Its your prerogative to laugh your ass off at whatever you want. I don't care.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:43 AM
It depends on the context of the match. A World Cup final? No.

Its your prerogative to laugh your ass off at whatever you want. I don't care.

I don't know much about the World Cup but even then if two staunch rivals plaid and there was a lot of bad blood I know they wouldn't cry in front of each other...at least I hope not.

sbw19
05-30-2010, 01:44 AM
And yet, Nash hasn't gone past the conference finals, same as Vince. Go figure.

True, but unlike Carter it's through no fault of his own.

TheAnchorman
05-30-2010, 01:45 AM
I mean Mike cried after the first one because he was thinking about his father's death....I'd say he gets a pass...if he cries the subsequent championships I would say roasting is in order.

His father didn't die until after his 3rd one... so by your definition yes, "roasting" is in order.

YouGotServed
05-30-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't know much about the World Cup but even then if two staunch rivals plaid and there was a lot of bad blood I know they wouldn't cry in front of each other...at least I hope not.

Ronaldo says otherwise.

Showtime
05-30-2010, 01:46 AM
True, but unlike Carter it's through no fault of his own.
Oh, c'mon. You can't play on only one side of the court and expect to win championships. That goes for both individual players and entire teams. The only reason why this suns team got as far as it did is because they got some guys to play defense.

kobesabi
05-30-2010, 01:49 AM
It probably hurt him because he PROMISED them that they win this game...but nope.

guy
05-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh, c'mon. You can't play on only one side of the court and expect to win championships. That goes for both individual players and entire teams. The only reason why this suns team got as far as it did is because they got some guys to play defense.

Nash sucks at defense. But he gives it his all, unlike Carter, which is what I think people are trying to say. If Carter had Nash's mentality, or the mentality of some other great players, he would've been one of the greatest. This isn't anything new, we all know Carter is an underachiever, but this just seems to be another example.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 01:53 AM
His father didn't die until after his 3rd one... so by your definition yes, "roasting" is in order.

I drunk man you gotta pardon me.

Yeah you can roast him.

I mean if you accomplish your lifelong dream I can understand it.

But a little teasing is in order especially from fans of other teams.

Kiddlovesnets
05-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Well it is comprehensible considering this is probably the last season in which Steve Nash is still at his prime. He'll probably start to decline dramatically in future.

sbw19
05-30-2010, 02:01 AM

Yeees, I'm sure this Suns team would've beaten the Lakers had Nash played better D on Fisher. Please. Nash gave 100% effort and left nothing on the table, had given his team a chance to win the series, was their best and most consistent player and was the primary reason his team pushed the Lakers to 6. The same cannot be said about Vince Carter, who inexcusably played second fiddle to Redick most of the series vs Boston.

04mzwach
05-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Nash is a guy that you have to root for. He's a player that gives it his all on the court and never gives up. Nash is just a great guy and he shows it on the court and off. He's getting older and it seems like he probably only has 2-3 years left at the most as starting point gaurd for a playoff team. I don't think he can win in Phoenix, but I don't think he'll ever switch teams unless the team loses interest in him before he feels like he can't play anymore. I hope he can win a chip with a real contender though. The Suns are a good team, but it seems like they're never going to make it unless they acquire an athletic, defensive big who can gaurd players like Bynum and Gasol. Nash, just go to the Bobcats. Couldn't really see him in another jersey, but I think it would be a good fit.

Showtime
05-30-2010, 02:06 AM
[COLOR=Teal][B]
Yeees, I'm sure this Suns team would've beaten the Lakers had Nash played better D on Fisher. Please.

I was referring to Nash's entire career, including Dallas.

Nash gave 100% effort and left nothing on the table, had given his team a chance to win the series, was their best and most consistent player and was the primary reason his team pushed the Lakers to 6.

They don't go to 6 games without the defensive play. Defense matters even more in the playoffs, a lesson that should be apparent to anybody who has watched basketball. I don't feel sorry one bit for Nash and his teams. Sure he did his best, but it wasn't good enough. It doesn't mean he deserves a ring.

Derka
05-30-2010, 02:07 AM
I hope Steve has a couple of seasons left in him to get that ring. I can't say he "deserves" it because unfortunately, the Lakers won the series and THEY deserve to be there right now.

I think that Suns team, if it stays put for the most part and just works on fixing their weaknesses this offseason, can get right back to the Conference Finals and maybe get to the next level. Good coach, good starters, good bench...they can only get better.

dnyk1337
05-30-2010, 02:10 AM

and thats why hes making those millions, and youre posting retarded crap most of the time. he has the drive and desire to achieve, while you have the desire to fail.

sbw19
05-30-2010, 02:23 AM
I was referring to Nash's entire career, including Dallas.

They don't go to 6 games without the defensive play. Defense matters even more in the playoffs, a lesson that should be apparent to anybody who has watched basketball. I don't feel sorry one bit for Nash and his teams. Sure he did his best, but it wasn't good enough. It doesn't mean he deserves a ring.

How you feel or don't feel hardly matters here. This Suns team overachieved mainly because Nash is a terrific point and shooter. The Magic underachieved and Carter was a no show, and you casually throw in the Carter card like it actually means they're equal. No they're not. Not even close. That's pretty much a given. Deal with it.

As for the doesn't deserve a ring part, he's certainly more deserving than any other point guard in the west this year that's for certain, and certainly more than Vince Carter ever been.

DuMa
05-30-2010, 04:31 AM
:(

EricForman
05-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Actually most of Suns fans and Nash are very classy.

I respect all of them, they sure deserve a ring.

Actually, all the Laker hate ISH is getting tonight is coming from non-Suns fans.
:applause:

I feel sorry for Nash. From all accounts, he seems to be a genuine good guy and a good teammate who stuck it out with the Suns even though they looked to be on the slide last year. His team just ran into a better team. At age 36, he probably knew deep down this was his final shot. These are tears of passion. Tears because he loves the game so much.

I will leave this thread now (still on page 1) becuase I don't want to come across any Kobe trolls laughing at Nash or making childish insults.

Much respect to Steve Nash. :applause:

plowking
05-30-2010, 05:34 AM

You can tell when a kid is talking by comments like this.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 05:37 AM
:applause:

I feel sorry for Nash. From all accounts, he seems to be a genuine good guy and a good teammate who stuck it out with the Suns even though they looked to be on the slide last year. His team just ran into a better team. At age 36, he probably knew deep down this was his final shot. These are tears of passion. Tears because he loves the game so much.

I will leave this thread now (still on page 1) becuase I don't want to come across any Kobe trolls laughing at Nash or making childish insults.

Much respect to Steve Nash. :applause:

Yeah imagine knowing that this is your final shot to do it all, and you don't even lose because you were not great, you lose because someone else was simply greater (kobe) its a tough one.

konex
05-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah imagine knowing that this is your final shot to do it all, and you don't even lose because you were not great, you lose because someone else was simply greater (kobe) its a tough one.

Why do you think this is their final shot? It might be the best (with HCA they could beat Boston) but if Amare stays, this team is still a contender in the WC. Nash actually has a backup now and they are pretty talented all around..

coin24
05-30-2010, 05:40 AM
Steve Nash is the man!:cheers:

I love his passion for the game, awesome player...
Can't believe people are bagging him for being emotional after a tough loss..

Better than the magic tards ie Vince not giving a crap, or the Cavs missing in action... Was amazing to watch the suns playoff run giving it there all. If not for this series the playoffs would have sucked so far for me.

plowking
05-30-2010, 05:42 AM
:oldlol:

You just don't stop do you?

No one cares about Kobe in this thread. I'm sure Nash didn't give Kobe one bit of thought while was crying. Get off his jock bro.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 05:46 AM
Why do you think this is their final shot? It might be the best (with HCA they could beat Boston) but if Amare stays, this team is still a contender in the WC. Nash actually has a backup now and they are pretty talented all around..

I think bcuz of them having HCA in the finals and such a good bench. Its gonna be hard to keep that all together but if they do and add 1 piece then yes they can have another chance. It's like kobe and fish crying after 04 they know that they will have another chance to win a ring probably but when you're right there you gotta be thinking that this is your shot

No one cares about Kobe in this thread. I'm sure Nash didn't give Kobe one bit of thought while was crying. Get off his jock bro.

dude if kobe didnt hit those 2 amazing shots suns could have won the game, of course kobe has plenty to do with nash not winning this series are you kidding me? Where did I say he was thinking about kobe when crying, I'm just saying that its especially sad to see a great player not win because there was a greater one. What exactly do you find wrong with that statement?

monkeypox
05-30-2010, 05:59 AM
I've got nothing but respect for Nash and the crying doesn't change it one bit. It's a hell of a lot better than players that just sit there fuming, or worse yet just joking around. True passion is what drives greatness, and sometimes out of that passion tears flow. If anyone makes fun of him over this, you need to grow up. When you don't do anything of importance in life and you never try hard for anything, maybe the failures don't hurt much and you just don't know what it's like.

EricForman
05-30-2010, 06:01 AM

kobe's greater yeah.

he also has much more talented teammate and help.
outside of Kobe/Nash, five of the next six best players are in Lakers uniform.

The Lakers did what they were supposed to do. Only idiots would brag and talk trash and act like Nash failed. Nash, with that cast, going this far? That's overachieving on a epic level.

Moan
05-30-2010, 06:02 AM

umad?

all this anger you have against the lakers is very entertaining

again, umad?

EricForman
05-30-2010, 06:04 AM
:applause: the Laker fans who are defending Nash against the Kobe trolls for insulting Nash.

Suns played great and overachieved, the Lakers are just a better team from top to bottom and Kobe is just better than Nash. Any mature fan, from either side, would just write that instead of talking trash. The Suns didn't lose because they choked or underachieved or fell apart. The Lakers just have a better roster and more talent. Both teams played great.

Shep
05-30-2010, 06:06 AM
post your pic up again bro, you're one of the ugliest looking schmucks here, and thats saying something :roll: you found a job yet? ****in garbage man goofball

KoRn
05-30-2010, 06:08 AM

It's man-law.

this. if you're gonna cry, cry in private.

KoRn
05-30-2010, 06:11 AM

so true.

raptorfan_dr07
05-30-2010, 06:30 AM
This was really tough to watch. Steve Nash is one of the most classy guys in the NBA and he deserves better. He's been nothing but a model citizen on and off the court. It's saddening to see a person who was worked his @$$ off since the first day he entered the league, denied a chance to make, what otherwise has been an awesome career, complete. Instead, someone who doesn't deserve anything gets that chance. It pisses me off because I know what that feels like from personal experiences. Working your @$$ off, trying so hard to get what you want, only to see someone like Kobe, get rewarded instead. Those are the kind of people you literally want to punch in the face because they sit there and constantly receive free handouts, and thrown a tantrum when the slightest thing doesn't go their way. Sorry, but this kind of sh*t really makes my blood boil. I hate spoiled little b*tches who cry their way to success when some of us actually put in hard work. Yet for some reason, those brats are rewarded and the rest of us are not. Steve Nash deserves to be on the Lakers in Kobe's spot, and Kobe deserves to be in his, or worse. There is a reason why Kobe was named in the top 10 most hated athletes list. There is a reason why, as recently as last year, Kobe was voted into the top 5 least wanted teammate list done by SI for current NBA players. Those kinds of people generally don't deserve any good fortune. Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it just pisses me the hell off.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 06:41 AM
kobe's greater yeah.

The Lakers did what they were supposed to do. Only idiots would brag and talk trash and act like Nash failed. Nash, with that cast, going this far? That's overachieving on a epic level.

Oh no doubt about it, it's a team thing, but either way its a tough one to take because the Suns like you said really overachieved and really did their best, and came this far, and then ended up losing to a team that is simply better and the Suns had ALMOST no say in the matter, it was just the suns playing their best and lakers playing better.

Regardless, I've always been a fan of Nash, but today, my respect for him increased 10 fold. As a player, as a person.

To the above poster, kobe didn't receive free handouts. Stop being an idiot. If you're gonna say Nash is classy and respect him for it, please take note and be equally classy.

plowking
05-30-2010, 06:47 AM
This was really tough to watch. Steve Nash is one of the most classy guys in the NBA and he deserves better. He's been nothing but a model citizen on and off the court. It's saddening to see a person who was worked his @$$ off since the first day he entered the league, denied a chance to make, what otherwise has been an awesome career, complete. Instead, someone who doesn't deserve anything gets that chance. It pisses me off because I know what that feels like from personal experiences. Working your @$$ off, trying so hard to get what you want, only to see someone like Kobe, get rewarded instead. Those are the kind of people you literally want to punch in the face because they sit there and constantly receive free handouts, and thrown a tantrum when the slightest thing doesn't go their way. Sorry, but this kind of sh*t really makes my blood boil. I hate spoiled little b*tches who cry their way to success when some of us actually put in hard work. Yet for some reason, those brats are rewarded and the rest of us are not. Steve Nash deserves to be on the Lakers in Kobe's spot, and Kobe deserves to be in his, or worse. There is a reason why Kobe was named in the top 10 most hated athletes list. There is a reason why, as recently as last year, Kobe was voted into the top 5 least wanted teammate list done by SI for current NBA players. Those kinds of people generally don't deserve any good fortune. Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it just pisses me the hell off.

Dude you crying like Nash atm?

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 06:48 AM
:applause: the Laker fans who are defending Nash against the Kobe trolls for insulting Nash.

Suns played great and overachieved, the Lakers are just a better team from top to bottom and Kobe is just better than Nash. Any mature fan, from either side, would just write that instead of talking trash. The Suns didn't lose because they choked or underachieved or fell apart. The Lakers just have a better roster and more talent. Both teams played great.

Exactly what I'm saying. You dream to get in the NBA, be the best you can be to do it and you do get in. Dream to be mvp, play the best you can, and you do it. Dream to be a HOF player, have a great career and you do it. Dream to win a title, and you possibly miss out on your last shot, and you did it while playing as good as you can at this point in time. If that isn't enough reason for a grown man to cry for a bit, then you have just never aspired for anything in life.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Dude you crying like Nash atm?

you are such a loser dude off yourself why do you even watch basketball if you can't appreciate someone like nash?

plowking
05-30-2010, 06:57 AM
you are such a loser dude off yourself why do you even watch basketball if you can't appreciate someone like nash?

LOL. Nash is my favorite player in the league ass wipe. I'm just calling out poster sob stories like the one above. :oldlol:

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 06:59 AM
LOL. Nash is my favorite player in the league ass wipe. I'm just calling out poster sob stories like the one above. :oldlol:

"Crying like nash" sounds like you're being a douche

plowking
05-30-2010, 07:05 AM
"Crying like nash" sounds like you're being a douche

You gonna cry about it?

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 07:10 AM
You gonna cry about it?

well considering you're such an internet gangster I'm gonna have to only cry e-tears, 14000 posts and I can only imagine all of them contributed to an actual conversation about as well as a monkey banging his nuts on the keyboard. good stuff *****

Rocker09
05-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Hats off to Nash...this guy has heart.....I'm actually hoping that he wins at least 1 championship before he retires...

Yung D-Will
05-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Hats off to Nash...this guy has heart.....I'm actually hoping that he wins at least 1 championship before he retires...
I wouldn't be able to accept him winning a ship over Kidd. Think he deserves it more

Rocker09
05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't be able to accept him winning a ship over Kidd. Think he deserves it more

I dunno, I think they're equally deserving......Kidd may be the better player(during his prime) but in terms of accomplishments, they're pretty much on the same level(nash have 2 MVPs while Kidd led his team to the finals twice)....

They contributed a lot to their respective teams and to the sport of basketball....

To be fair to Kidd, I hope both of them wins a championship before they retire....

Yung D-Will
05-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I dunno, I think they're equally deserving......Kidd may be the better player(during his prime) but in terms of accomplishments, they're pretty much on the same level(nash have 2 MVPs while Kidd led his team to the finals twice)....

They contributed a lot to their respective teams and to the sport of basketball....

To be fair to Kidd, I hope both of them wins a championship before they retire....

Yea Kidd and Nash both had great chances with this years team.

plowking
05-30-2010, 07:42 AM

How in the hell is winning two MVP's considered equal to making the finals twice?

NLZ
05-30-2010, 07:42 AM
This was really tough to watch. Steve Nash is one of the most classy guys in the NBA and he deserves better. He's been nothing but a model citizen on and off the court. It's saddening to see a person who was worked his @$$ off since the first day he entered the league, denied a chance to make, what otherwise has been an awesome career, complete. Instead, someone who doesn't deserve anything gets that chance. It pisses me off because I know what that feels like from personal experiences. Working your @$$ off, trying so hard to get what you want, only to see someone like Kobe, get rewarded instead. Those are the kind of people you literally want to punch in the face because they sit there and constantly receive free handouts, and thrown a tantrum when the slightest thing doesn't go their way. Sorry, but this kind of sh*t really makes my blood boil. I hate spoiled little b*tches who cry their way to success when some of us actually put in hard work. Yet for some reason, those brats are rewarded and the rest of us are not. Steve Nash deserves to be on the Lakers in Kobe's spot, and Kobe deserves to be in his, or worse. There is a reason why Kobe was named in the top 10 most hated athletes list. There is a reason why, as recently as last year, Kobe was voted into the top 5 least wanted teammate list done by SI for current NBA players. Those kinds of people generally don't deserve any good fortune. Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it just pisses me the hell off. You honestly think Nash is more of a competitor than Kobe and that he works his ass off more? Nobody is more dedicated to the game of basketball than Kobe. Sorry fellow Raptor fan, but I'm not sure what you're talking about.

After reading the bottom of your post, I started to realize this is more about your hate for Bryant than it is about Nash.

Yung D-Will
05-30-2010, 07:43 AM
You honestly think Nash is more of a competitor than Kobe and that he works his ass off more? Nobody is more dedicated to the game of basketball than Kobe. Sorry fellow Raptor fan, but I'm not sure what your talking about.
Tim Duncan. 100 freethrows before every game.

Rocker09
05-30-2010, 07:46 AM
How in the hell is winning two MVP's considered equal to making the finals twice?

You're taking my post too literally....What I'm saying is that both players accomplished a lot.......I used the 2 MVPs and 2 finals appearances as examples of the accomplishments of both players...I didn't actually mean that 2 finals appearances is equal to 2 MVPs....

NLZ
05-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Tim Duncan. 100 freethrows before every game. Shooting free throws isn't "working your ass off"... Duncan is a legend and all, but he's not the animal Kobe is when it comes to his obsession with basketball/fitness.

Bigsmoke
05-30-2010, 07:49 AM

HAHAHHA

that lil b*tch

plowking
05-30-2010, 07:50 AM

Why would you feel sorry for Kidd? He should have learned to do what all good point guards can; score or at least shoot.

NLZ
HAHAHHA

that lil b*tch Nash is a sensitive warrior. We've all witnessed his warrior side, and now we're witnessing his sensitive side. He's the ultimate human being/role-model.

Go Getter
How you feel or don't feel hardly matters here. This Suns team overachieved mainly because Nash is a terrific point and shooter. The Magic underachieved and Carter was a no show, and you casually throw in the Carter card like it actually means they're equal. No they're not. Not even close. That's pretty much a given. Deal with it.

As for the doesn't deserve a ring part, he's certainly more deserving than any other point guard in the west this year that's for certain, and certainly more than Vince Carter ever been.

This is bullshit.

Nash had a good series.

But it seems like you're giving him too much credit.

Dudley and Dragic played great and most times it was with him on the bench.

Gentry coached a good series.

The Magic might have lost to the best TEAM in the playoffs, with the toughest team defense.

Their superstar in still in that phase where he hasn't figured the mental aspect of the game game yet and to his credit it harder for big men in the league {I can see it taking another year}.

Nash hasn't done anything that Nash hasn't and all bullshit aside they were better with Dragic on the court a lot of the time.

I just don't see why Nash DESERVES something he hasn't earned.

He's a great player and all but as the fan of another team I'm not going ride his jock and ignore the glaring holes in his game. GLARING.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Nash is a sensitive warrior. We've all witnessed his warrior side, and now we're witnessing his sensitive side. He's the ultimate human being/role-model.

The ultimate human being would stick some mother-loving defense.:confusedshrug:

amirite?

plowking
05-30-2010, 07:53 AM
What glaring holes in his game? His man to man defense. That's basically it. His help defense is adequate and better than most if anything. So you're getting on him about one flaw in his game.

You and Phoenix will honestly always find a reason to hate Nash.

momo
05-30-2010, 07:56 AM

EastCaliChillin
05-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Ahhh seeing Nash cry makes me feel better about 06/07

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 08:27 AM
What glaring holes in his game? His man to man defense. That's basically it. His help defense is adequate and better than most if anything. So you're getting on him about one flaw in his game.

You and Phoenix will honestly always find a reason to hate Nash.

I critique every other player why is it hate when I point out that Nash had a system set up to utilize his skills and has had good teams around him in MVP season and has still come up short because he is a one way player.

He might have made some mistakes maybe he should have taken less money and played with a #1 option or went to a team that has a shot blocker or good team D.

It's clear a ring might not be in the cards for him but be honest...what "superstar" has won a ring and not been able to make an impact on D at all essentially?

zORi
05-30-2010, 08:32 AM
I critique every other player why is it hate when I point out that Nash had a system set up to utilize his skills and has had good teams around him in MVP season and has still come up short because he is a one way player.

He might have made some mistakes maybe he should have taken less money and played with a #1 option or went to a team that has a shot blocker or good team D.

It's clear a ring might not be in the cards for him but be honest...what "superstar" has won a ring and not been able to make an impact on D at all essentially?

Y'know, that's a good point.

I mean, yeah he does play hard, but as the old adage goes: "Defense wins championships."

Phoenix should've really focused on getting a shot blocker to cover up some of Steve's mistakes.

Connoisseur
05-30-2010, 08:48 AM

If this is a serious post, you need to douse your face in gasoline and place it directly near a burning stove.

SAKOTXA
05-30-2010, 08:50 AM
I always hated the guy, but just as i a player and what he did against the Lakers. I have a lot of respect for this guy and it did look sad when he cried. And to all the idiots calling him a wuss or something... Nothing wrong with showing some emotion. Nash did all he could all series long and you can't blame him for losing this series. After all guys he is 37 years old and playing at this level, don't you think that's amazing?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 08:54 AM
I always hated the guy, but just as i a player and what he did against the Lakers. I have a lot of respect for this guy and it did look sad when he cried. And to all the idiots calling him a wuss or something... Nothing wrong with showing some emotion. Nash did all he could all series long and you can't blame him for losing this series. After all guys he is 37 years old and playing at this level, don't you think that's amazing?

After all these years of losing he should be used to it:confusedshrug:

SAKOTXA
05-30-2010, 08:56 AM
After all these years of losing he should be used to it
:banghead:

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 08:58 AM
jokes man jokes.

Like I said nothing wrong with his passion...but you gotta know you're [he's] gonna get teased.

Yung D-Will
05-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Why would you feel sorry for Kidd? He should have learned to do what all good point guards can; score or at least shoot.

And Nash should have learned to at least play defense?

Your point is?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 09:05 AM
If Lebron would have cried he would have been all kinds of "LeBitches" and "LeCrybabies" and no one would have minded.

It's a win-win for Nash.

If he would have smiled and went to the Lakers locker room and congradulated Kobe for a spectacular performance his sense of sportmanship would have been lauded...he cries in the locker room and looks like a weird botox patient and it's all about his passion for the game...he did all he could.

SAKOTXA
05-30-2010, 09:07 AM
If Lebron would have cried he would have been all kind of "LeBitches" and "LeCrybabies" and no one would have minded.

It's a win-win for Nash.

If he would have smiled and went to the Lakers locker room and congradulated Kobe for a spectacular performance his sense of sportmanship would have been lauded...he cries in the locker room and looks like a weird botox patient and it's all about his passion for the game...he did all he could.

Do you really take posters/people who say things like that seriously?

zORi
05-30-2010, 09:09 AM

Whoa.

I thought he was 34, for some reason.

That is truly incredible to perform at such a high level at that age.

SAKOTXA
05-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Whoa.

I thought he was 34, for some reason.

That is truly incredible to perform at such a high level at that age.

Lol i made a mistake, he is 36.

plowking
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
And Nash should have learned to at least play defense?

Your point is?

The glaring holes in Kidd's game are much more apparent and noticeable.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Do you really take posters/people who say things like that seriously?

No, but it relates to my point that everyone is suseptable to teasing.

That's my point exactly.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 09:13 AM

mhg88
05-30-2010, 09:13 AM
The people saying "oh he's a millionaire, he'll be alright" just don't get it.. Nash loves the game and wants to achieve one thing before his time runs out, which is happening right before his eyes. Money doesn't buy happiness or an NBA championship. He's just passionate about the game, which is nice to see compared to a lot of the NBA scum who quit trying hard after getting paid, or only put effort in when its a contract year

Kobe8
05-30-2010, 09:14 AM
He must of ate some of that food that made Alvin Gentry sick in game 5.

What was it? The Kobe salad. :D
That was Fake,.

I checked the highlights , he was just stadndin up the court

Yung D-Will
05-30-2010, 09:15 AM

I'm sry I guess it was apparent enough when half of the above average pg's of this decade who played Nash ended up looking like superstars against him.

plowking
05-30-2010, 09:16 AM

Can't shoot, can't score.

Nash's only weakness is man to man defense.

plowking
05-30-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm sry I guess it was apparent enough when half of the above average pg's of this decade who played Nash ended up looking like superstars against him.

Getting burned by Rondo, Paul, Williams, Billups is only an occurrence for Nash now? Every guard in the league gets owned by them.

Yung D-Will
05-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Getting burned by Rondo, Paul, Williams, Billups is only an occurrence for Nash now? Every guard in the league gets owned by them.
I'm sry those were not the Pg's i had in mind when I said slightly above average

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Can't shoot, can't score.

Nash's only weakness is man to man defense.

Defense is more important than scoring.

Prime Kidd>>>>Prime Nash

Prime Kidd could score you're fibbing....he just couldn't shoot the J consistantly....Nash started out as Kidd's understudy which is funny. {considering this convo}

Stop playing:lol

plowking
05-30-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm sry those were not the Pg's i had in mind when I said slightly above average

In terms of raw numbers and production, Rondo gave up more than Nash this season... So did Billups... And Kidd...

Basketball Fan
05-30-2010, 09:29 AM
I like Nash but I rather have him lose in the WCF than the Finals against the Celtics.

That being said unlike Vince Carter at least you can respect Nash. VC is a joke and its a bigger travesty that anyone thought he was better than Kobe once upon a time.

plowking
05-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Defense is more important than scoring.

Prime Kidd>>>>Prime Nash

Prime Kidd could score you're fibbing....he just couldn't shoot the J consistantly....Nash started out as Kidd's understudy which is funny. {considering this convo}

Stop playing:lol

Good thing he didn't take advice from Kidd seeing as he ended up being the better player. Easily as well.

Defense is more important than scoring? Sure... that's why Magic, Bird, Shaq, Wilt, Jordan were considered some of the greatest...

Kidd couldn't score. Putting up 19ppg on 41% shooting in your best scoring season isn't scoring the ball. It's chucking. He's not taking some huge mass of shots. He can't even pick his spots and score the ball, he had to chuck.

Someone who's career average is 13.6ppg on 40% shooting clearly can't score.

Prime Kidd>Prime Nash? At what? Because it isn't basketball.

17/11/7 on 44/36/76 vs 19/12/4 on 53/46/90...

One is clearly better than the other...

LA_Showtime
05-30-2010, 09:56 AM
kobe's greater yeah.

That's interesting. The roles were reversed in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007. How come Kobe doesn't get praised for taking the Suns to game 7? For whatever reason, he always gets blamed even though he took a team to the playoffs that relied on production from Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton.

OmniStrife
05-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Defense is less important than offense for a PG, face it.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Defense is less important than offense for a PG, face it.

Is that why Mo Cheeks has a ring and Nash has none?

Is that why Nash hasn't made it the Finals and Kidd made it twice at least {at Plowking}?

Defense wins championships.

If Offense won championships Nash and his Suns teams would have wona ring already.

The Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Pistons, and Rockets all played great team D.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Good thing he didn't take advice from Kidd seeing as he ended up being the better player. Easily as well.

Defense is more important than scoring? Sure... that's why Magic, Bird, Shaq, Wilt, Jordan were considered some of the greatest...

Kidd couldn't score. Putting up 19ppg on 41% shooting in your best scoring season isn't scoring the ball. It's chucking. He's not taking some huge mass of shots. He can't even pick his spots and score the ball, he had to chuck.

Someone who's career average is 13.6ppg on 40% shooting clearly can't score.

Prime Kidd>Prime Nash? At what? Because it isn't basketball.

17/11/7 on 44/36/76 vs 19/12/4 on 53/46/90...

One is clearly better than the other...

Shooting =/= scoring imo

Teams forced Kidd to do what he wasn't good at which was shoot from distance and he never had a Dirk or Amare in his prime to help score he had Kenyon and Kerry.

plowking
05-30-2010, 10:38 AM

Is that why Nash hasn't made it the Finals and Kidd made it twice at least {at Plowking}?

If Offense won championships Nash and his Suns teams would have wona ring already.

The Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Pistons, and Rockets all played great team D.

So you'd take a prototype player of Ben Wallace over a prototype player of Michael Jordan with Nash's defensive ability? One of the best defenders versus one of the best offensive players.

Lets have a look over DPOY.

Sidney Moncrief - no championships
Eaton - no championships
Alvin Robinson - no championships
Mutombo - none
Payton - only won in his last season when he wasn't anywhere near a good defender, so none essentially
Artest - none
Howard - none
Camby - none

Garnett, Jordan, Cooper, Mourning, Wallace and Rodman are the only ones out of the DPOY to win a championship.

Notice anything about those names? They all won on stacked teams bar Wallace, who's team was built of offense.

Defense is no where near as important as putting the ball through the hoop, which is what basketball is about.

plowking
05-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Shooting =/= scoring imo

Teams forced Kidd to do what he wasn't good at which was shoot from distance and he never had a Dirk or Amare in his prime to help score he had Kenyon and Kerry.

17/8 from Kenyon, 15/6 from Jefferson and 13/4 from Kittles isn't enough?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 10:41 AM
So you'd take a prototype player of Ben Wallace over a prototype player of Michael Jordan with Nash's defensive ability? One of the best defenders versus one of the best offensive players.

Lets have a look over DPOY.

Sidney Moncrief - no championships
Eaton - no championships
Alvin Robinson - no championships
Mutombo - none
Payton - only won in his last season when he wasn't anywhere near a good defender, so none essentially
Artest - none
Howard - none
Camby - none

Garnett, Jordan, Cooper, Mourning, Wallace and Rodman are the only ones out of the DPOY to win a championship.

Notice anything about those names? They all won on stacked teams bar Wallace, who's team was built of offense.

Defense is no where near as important as putting the ball through the hoop, which is what basketball is about.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Two WAY players are needed along with good fortune and teammates.

DEFENSE>>>>>OFFEENSE youngsta.

plowking
05-30-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not going to argue with you.

Two WAY players are needed along with good fortune and teammates.

DEFENSE>>>>>OFFEENSE youngsta.

So why is it all the best offensive players are considered better?

Why is Bird better than Mutombo? Why is Magic better than Ben Wallace?

A cohesive offensive structure has always been better to have. If you have a good half court offense, you will always be amongst the best teams in the league. Same can't be said for defense. See how the number 1 defensive side in the Bobcats did this year? Good sweep...

OmniStrife
05-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Defense wins championships, sure... But not PG defense.
PG has 1000000000 times more impact on offense or not.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 10:58 AM
So why is it all the best offensive players are considered better?

Why is Bird better than Mutombo? Why is Magic better than Ben Wallace?

A cohesive offensive structure has always been better to have. If you have a good half court offense, you will always be amongst the best teams in the league. Same can't be said for defense. See how the number 1 defensive side in the Bobcats did this year? Good sweep...

Jordan is the best player ever because he played both sides of the ball.
Wilt was a great defender of the paint.
And so was prime KAJ
Olajuwon was a shot blocking menace
John Stockton had sticky fingers and so did Zeke

ISWYDT...you compared two of the best with players that were defensive specialists but not stars.

Most championship teams are balanced but if you ask their coaches and players they are anchored with team defense.

Great champions might not be the best defenders but they aren't a total and complete liability on D like Nash.

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Great champions might not be the best defenders but they aren't a total and complete liability on D like Nash.

Yet Nash in terms of raw numbers and production doesn't give up the most out of PG's. Kidd, Billups and even Rondo give up more on defense.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Defense wins championships, sure... But not PG defense.
PG has 1000000000 times more impact on offense or not.

Why?

Because you say so?

Because that theory is necessary to facilitate all this Nash love?

PG defense is very important.

If you can slow down the opposing team's PG....make him set up the offense early of make it difficult to get to the right sp9ots and cause turnovers before the team gets it's offense started that is a big advantage.

And if your PG can't keep the OPPOSING TEAM'S PG out of the lane and it gets your bigs in foul trouble that is a big problem.

Stop kidding yourself.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Yet Nash in terms of raw numbers and production doesn't give up the most out of PG's. Kidd, Billups and even Rondo give up more on defense.

Whatn numbers?

Throw out Kidd because he should have retired a couple years back imo.

Prove to me that Steve Nash is a better defensive PG than Rondo by numbers.

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Whatn numbers?

Throw out Kidd because he should have retired a couple years back imo.

Prove to me that Steve Nash is a better defensive PG than Rondo by numbers.

Go to 82games, and look at the production of Nash's opponents and any other PG you want.

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Why?

Because you say so?

Oh the irony... :oldlol:

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Go to 82games, and look at the production of Nash's opponents and any other PG you want.

I don't know about this....I don't use reference that reference site or whatever.

So you mean to tell me that if I go there it will say that Nash is a better defensive PG than Rondo?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh the irony... :oldlol:

No irony.

Any coach or player worth his salt will tell you that defense is they key to being a champion.

You notice even the NBA commercials have a DEFENSE theme.

There is not jumpshot, 3 pointer, or 3 point play themed commercial.

One case where a commercial got things right:oldlol:

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't know about this....I don't use reference that reference site or whatever.

So you mean to tell me that if I go there it will say that Nash is a better defensive PG than Rondo?

Raw numbers aren't everything, though it clearly goes to show how much you overrate Nash's deficiencies.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Raw numbers aren't everything, though it clearly goes to show how much you overrate Nash's deficiencies.

What? I asked a simple question.

I understand raw numbers aren't everything.

I was just trying to see what you were saying.

So can I get an answer?

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:18 AM
What? I asked a simple question.

I understand raw numbers aren't everything.

I was just trying to see what you were saying.

So can I get an answer?

It doesn't say anything about who's a better defender. It shows numbers as to who gives up more on defense.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:20 AM
It doesn't say anything about who's a better defender. It shows numbers as to who gives up more on defense.

Pish Posh....of course...you know what I mean.

Help me see what you've seen.

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:21 AM
http://82games.com/

viola. Click on the teams on the left hand side and enjoy.

OmniStrife
05-30-2010, 11:21 AM
No irony.

Any coach or player worth his salt will tell you that defense is they key to being a champion.

You notice even the NBA commercials have a DEFENSE theme.

There is not jumpshot, 3 pointer, or 3 point play themed commercial.

One case where a commercial got things right:oldlol:
Talking to you is worse than talking to a wall...
Defense is important, maybe most important.
But it means nothing for a PG.
D. Fisher is a good defender?? Or rondo from 08??

Show me one game during the playoffs other than game 1 vs. the Blazers where Nash hurt his team defensively. Heck look for it in the entire season.

He carried his team to the WCF, yet your defensive PG Kidd didn't do shit to help his team.

PG's offense >>>>>>>>> PG's defense.

Also stats show that Nash's pts allowance for his opp, is one of the lowest ones in the league.

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Talking to you is worse than talking to a wall...
Defense is important, maybe most important.
But it means nothing for a PG.

PG's offense >>>>>>>>> PG's defense.

You are wrong.

OmniStrife
05-30-2010, 11:28 AM
You are wrong.
Good argument there. :applause:

onewickedlady
05-30-2010, 11:30 AM
: You sound JUST like a female.

And that's a BAD thing???????????? Us females don't have nearly enough testosterone to have screwed up the world like you males have so there could be lots worse than sounding like a woman. :lol:

plowking
05-30-2010, 11:36 AM
And that's a BAD thing???????????? Us females don't have nearly enough testosterone to have screwed up the world like you males have so there could be lots worse than sounding like a woman. :lol:

A lady. Quick, call the rest of ISH.

OmniStrife
05-30-2010, 11:49 AM
A lady. Quick, call the rest of ISH.
Be careful you might impregnate here with your unprotected post being so close to hers!!!

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 11:50 AM

I called it!

Where's my prize?

Doranku
05-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Worst post I've ever read.

For people making fun of Nash, you guys are ****ing dumb and probably shouldn't watch basketball. It's great to see there are guys still in the league who genuinely love the game of basketball and want to win badly. Nash is one of the most selfless players in the league, it's sad to see him probably retiring without a ring.

DCL
05-30-2010, 12:25 PM
when did steve nash become rudy?

Go Getter
05-30-2010, 12:31 PM
when did steve nash become rudy?

I don't know but this shit is hilarious.

"If you make fun of Nash you don't deserve to watch basketball"

"If you make fun of Nash crying you deserve to die"

wally_world
05-30-2010, 12:39 PM

I love your mum's mangina

bballer
05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
is it just me or does his head look hugantic.

KB2009Champ
05-30-2010, 12:43 PM
I felt bad for him for 1 second before I remembered the two times the suns took us out and you know what, I dont feel that bad for him anymore.

Class guy but it is what it is.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
hey at least nash has these memories to look back on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r7LUySCPq4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQ-42IsIdA&feature=related

AznTacoLover
05-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Man it sucks seeing him like that, he tried his hardest and this year was probably his last chance to go to the finals. But he had a great season :applause:

Mrofir
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Man it sucks seeing him like that, he tried his hardest and this year was probably his last chance to go to the finals. But he had a great season :applause:

His last chance was supposed to be before the Shaq trade, so anything can happen.

rfm767
05-30-2010, 01:28 PM

You don't come into a forum full of boys and claim males ruined the world.

BAD GIRL

/slap

wang4three
05-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Nash deserves better.

RazorBaLade
05-30-2010, 02:24 PM
If Lebron would have cried he would have been all kinds of "LeBitches" and "LeCrybabies" and no one would have minded.

It's a win-win for Nash.

I think it'd actually be quite the opposite, if Lebron had showed some heart he definitely would have been able to retain some respect.

Solid Snake
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
It was really sad seeing him cry I agree, I wanted the Lakers to win, but a part of me wanted to see the biggest class acts in sports, Steve Nash and Grant Hill, finally make it to the big stage.

Micku
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I find it funny looking at his sweaty chest hairs.

But I do want Nash to go to the finals one day. It's always nice to see someone cares so much about the game or the desire to win.

32jazz
05-30-2010, 03:47 PM
It is what it is. Nash will get over it someday(like today). What's with all the big male internet hugs & sobs:confusedshrug:

Nash doesn't want any of you knuckleheads pity.

Fools with their silly/mock outrage because someone laughs because a grown man cries over a silly game.

DCL
05-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Fools with their silly/mock outrage because someone laughs because a grown man cries over a silly game.

they're just like that dude crying for britney spears on youtube.

32jazz
05-30-2010, 06:46 PM
they're just like that dude crying for britney spears on youtube.

Nash would be embarrassed to hear this friggin internet pity party from a bunch of guys no less. Nash DOES NOT WANT YOUR PITY here:confusedshrug:

But.... women on the other hand. I am not adverse to a little sympathy sex here & there.

No pity here for Nash. Guy is doin hella lot better in life than 32jazz.

EricForman
05-31-2010, 12:49 AM
It is what it is. Nash will get over it someday(like today). What's with all the big male internet hugs & sobs:confusedshrug:

Nash doesn't want any of you knuckleheads pity.

so you prefer guys to react like Vince Carter ("oh wells I don't care") and Lebron (smug) after losses rather than like Nash and Kobe (yes, Kobe's ass cried too in 2003)

I don't get why a pro athlete showing they love the game so much it could move them to tears is a bad thing.

seriously, Americans and their dumbass homophobic alpha-male "I aint eating no vegetables I aint crying I like having a gut and two chins" culture is laughable. Everytime I read Maxim I'm rolling my eyes at the cliches.

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2010, 01:00 AM
so you prefer guys to react like Vince Carter ("oh wells I don't care") and Lebron (smug) after losses rather than like Nash and Kobe (yes, Kobe's ass cried too in 2003)
Jordan has cried too ... I think it shows their passion for the game.

seriously, Americans and their dumbass homophobic
Don't you just mean "dumbasses" ... not all Americans are as described.

magnax1
05-31-2010, 01:02 AM
poor Nash
:cry:
feel bad for him

Freshprince619
05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Aint nothing wrong with crying. Shows you got heart and love the game and a competitor.

With all that Said

Steve Nash crying put a smile on my face. Makes me feel better about 06-07

EricForman
05-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Jordan has cried too ... I think it shows their passion for the game.

Don't you just mean "dumbasses" ... not all Americans are as described.

Well, obviously, not every American fit under that rule but generally, Americans are more homophobic and more prone to those generic alpha male traits than any other country's people. I mean, I'm American. I think it's funny half the time. Al Bundy is one of my idols, and he's the ultimate "you dont cry unless your mother dies you sissy" type of american male.

But... Bundy is a TV character. He's hilarious and awesome in a fictional world. Too many Americans really live by those rules though. You open up an issue of Maxim and it's just full of these stupid cliches and "men rules" that works on a TV sitcom but not real life.

The whole american culture messed up basketball. I mean, swatting a shot 5 rows to the crowd is awesome but taking a charge is probably considered "sissy". I mean you notice that the "smartest and craftiest" players are all foreign? Because Americans got too much alpha male pride, they deem crafty moves as sissy. American behavior is all out, all loud, all the time. Like a Sheed. I'm sure he's a true man's man in America.

Samurai Swoosh
05-31-2010, 01:11 AM
taking a charge is probably considered "sissy".
I've never seen someone insinuate taking a charge is "sissy" ... in fact that takes a lot of guts.

cartoon characters.
You just named likeable, and memorable qualities of "cartoon" like characters, IE Al Bundy.

PowerGlove
05-31-2010, 01:13 AM
It is still not that serious, Eric Foreman, you do realize that you typed six paragraphs over a man crying? Seriously?

He cried, end of story. What is there to defend? Why are you comparing him to Carter and Lebron? People are different, I wonder why that is so hard for people to understand.People deal with their failures in different ways, nothing new about that.

I dont get why crying is "showing how much he loves the game" while Carter and Lebron's reactions are negative. At the end of the day, it is just a game.

Lets end the thread on that note.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Well, obviously, not every American fit under that rule but generally, Americans are more homophobic and more prone to those generic alpha male traits than any other country's people. I mean, I'm American. I think it's funny half the time. Al Bundy is one of my idols, and he's the ultimate "you dont cry unless your mother dies you sissy" type of american male.

But... Bundy is a TV character. He's hilarious and awesome in a fictional world. Too many Americans really live by those rules though. You open up an issue of Maxim and it's just full of these stupid cliches and "men rules" that works on a TV sitcom but not real life.

The whole american culture messed up basketball. I mean, swatting a shot 5 rows to the crowd is awesome but taking a charge is probably considered "sissy". I mean you notice that the "smartest and craftiest" players are all foreign? Because Americans got too much alpha male pride, they deem crafty moves as sissy. American behavior is all out, all loud, all the time. Like a Sheed. I'm sure he's a true man's man in America.
in some countries you could be put to death for engaging in homosexual acts.

opps
05-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Im not that sad he had his chance in 05 06 & 07 when the Lakers sucked. especially 06 when they went 7 games with a bad laker team & 7 games with the f****** Clippers

burnsy87
05-31-2010, 01:35 AM
I almost felt sorry for Nash, but I forgot he's making millions, while we have people in the world starving and fighting to survive.

The guy cares about winning. You can't ask for anything more as a fan.

It's not like he's trying to make others feel bad for him.

Go Getter
05-31-2010, 01:37 AM
It is still not that serious, Eric Foreman, you do realize that you typed six paragraphs over a man crying? Seriously?

He cried, end of story. What is there to defend? Why are you comparing him to Carter and Lebron? People are different, I wonder why that is so hard for people to understand.People deal with their failures in different ways, nothing new about that.

I dont get why crying is "showing how much he loves the game" while Carter and Lebron's reactions are negative. At the end of the day, it is just a game.

Thank you.

Some of these guys have had horrible upbringings and while they try hard on the court everyday...they know that being a millionaire is a blessing so if they win a championship cool...but if they don't they won't cry over it.

Doesn't make them less of a competitor.

LOL@ the assertion that crying makes you more of a competitor/means you care more....lol....it means you have weak tear ducts:confusedshrug:

HorryIsMyMVP
05-31-2010, 02:42 AM
He was the best player on the court surrounded by scrubs and almost beat the Lakers, then lost in the most depressing way possible. I'd cry to.

32jazz
05-31-2010, 06:14 AM

Agreed.

I never saw Magic cry after his 4 NBA Finals defeats , but no one will ever question Magic's love for the game/desire to win.

Absolutely no shame in Nash crying. The shame is in other men feeling like they have to run to his defense as if Nash wants your pity; (ERIC FOREMAN):rolleyes:

Nash is somewhere enjoying his offseason . It''s over.

EricForman
05-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Agreed.

I never saw Magic cry after his 4 NBA Finals defeats , but no one will ever question Magic's love for the game/desire to win.

Absolutely no shame in Nash crying. The shame is in other men feeling like they have to run to his defense as if Nash wants your pity; (ERIC FOREMAN):rolleyes:

Nash is somewhere enjoying his offseason . It''s over.

When did I say Nash wants or needs my pity? My main beef is with people who laughs at crying after losses.

Let's not complicate things with how much they make or if their life is so awesome outside of the court, the basics is this--Nash cried because he had so much passion for the game. Some are clowning and bashing him for it, and I think those people are ignorant idiots. That's all.

And to powerglove, six paragraphs on this issue is better than six paragraphs on most other sh*t threads on ISH. how many variations of "Duncan or Shaq?" "If so and so didn't get hurt how many rings?" threads can there be?

And ultimately, I completely disagree with your notion that someone reacting like they don't care (a la Vince or Bron) doesn't mean we should dismiss them as having less passion for the game than someonel ike Nash and Kobe. Kobe, especially, yo ucan tell that mofuu is obsessed with winning and being the best like Jordan was. You think it's wrong for people to assume kobe has more passion than a Vince?

DCL
05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
http://trueball.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/morrisoncryer.jpg

imlmf
05-31-2010, 10:35 AM
never understand why would they cry after loss, somebody beat your ass and you're gonna cry?

i know it means they cares, but goddamn it, cry when you're by yourself, disgusting, man up and come back next year

OmniStrife
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
never understand why would they cry after loss, somebody beat your ass and you're gonna cry?

i know it means they cares, but goddamn it, cry when you're by yourself, disgusting, man up and come back next year
You're so badass.

EricForman
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM

internet gangster.

Horatio33
05-31-2010, 11:10 AM

Did you see Magic play D? he was awful. Good team D but 1 on 1 was hilarious.

catch24
05-31-2010, 11:17 AM
I felt for him. Still going strong at 37 dude gives it his all from start to finish. It's gotta hurt losing to a team you've pretty much handled the past 4-5 seasons.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2010, 11:26 AM
I felt for him. Still going strong at 37 dude gives it his all from start to finish. It's gotta hurt losing to a team you've pretty much handled the past 4-5 seasons.
lakers been handling the suns the past 2 seasons...

catch24
05-31-2010, 11:31 AM
lakers been handling the suns the past 2 seasons...

Since '05ish, at least during the post season, it's been the Suns in general.