PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming owns Shaq???

Da KO King
11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Since it was done for the performance against the Knicks it needs to be done against the Heat also.

34 points 14 rebounds 11-19 shooting.

It's amazing the difference Yao getting consistent good post position has made for his effectiveness.

ClutchCityReturns
11-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Since it was done for the performance against the Knicks it needs to be done against the Heat also.

You're right.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17600

gpfanz
11-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Judging frm the stats i should think so :pimp:

Batchoy
11-13-2006, 12:42 PM
It's more like a changing of the guard. Shaq is declining while Yao is entering his prime years. It was bound to happen and I was expecting it to come with Shaq playing in his 15th season.

I still believe Shaq can still be productive and help The Heat make a run in the playoffs, and next season too , but it looks like the "Shaq era" in the NBA is coming to an end. The Year of Yao is upon us, I see rumblings in Orlando with Dwight Howard, The Lakers have a young talented big man in Andrew Bynum, Amare looks like he's returnning to the unstoppable form he once had, and across the horizon I see the shadow of Gred Oden emerging.

wang4three
11-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I love Yao's development into a superstar. Hopefully he keeps this up so Tracy can find his game, without losing many games.

SCREWstonRockets
11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I as big of a Yao Ming fan as the next man but c'mon, theres already 3 or 4 Yao topics created since last night. There doesn't need to be anymore. But, I do agree. I remembers folks in that curry thread were saying, "Oh, he owned curry.....anyone can do that." But then he goes out and dominated the best center, Shaq. So how can you discredit his play this time? Let me guess, "Oh, he did it against two aging centers. Who can't do that?"

jody
11-13-2006, 01:05 PM
it was only a few months ago that people were STILL trying to dismiss yao as merely OK.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Shaq is so mediocre now. Its hard to believe how fast hes gone downhill. I dont think i've ever seen someone who was once dominant fall so fast to being overated and such a shadow of his former self. I mean if he was 40 and still playing like Kareem was then i can get it, but dude is only 34 :confusedshrug:

I think Yao got lucky on a few of those short jumpers last night but hes been consistant so cant really call it luck. It just looked like a few came out awkward but still went in.

Loki
11-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm happy that Yao has finally found his game and is having success. He deserves it; he's always struck me as a good guy and a hard worker.

eboloid
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Shaq is so mediocre now. Its hard to believe how fast hes gone downhill. I dont think i've ever seen someone who was once dominant fall so fast to being overated and such a shadow of his former self. I mean if he was 40 and still playing like Kareem was then i can get it, but dude is only 34 :confusedshrug:

I think Yao got lucky on a few of those short jumpers last night but hes been consistant so cant really call it luck. It just looked like a few came out awkward but still went in.

Just wait until Yao discovers Krispy Kreme and gets up to 450 pounds. 45/25 isn't out of the question.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Just wait until Yao discovers Krispy Kreme and gets up to 450 pounds. 45/25 isn't out of the question.

I dont think chinese people like him can get fat no matter how many krispykremes. But if he did find a way to add some meat to those bones he could be really dominant and might not look so damn soft in the paint. Right now all his defensive abilities and half his offense stem strictly from height/length. If he could take up space he'd be so much better at the things hes currently not very good at like rebounding and being more a body underneath. I swear for a big man he probably covers a little ass circle in terms of rebounding ability, like if the ball doesnt drop directly to him he wont get it. It just feels like such a waste of size.

saKf
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
I love Yao's development into a superstar. Hopefully he keeps this up so Tracy can find his game, without losing many games.
Agreed 100%. Seeing Ming bust out like this is awesome.

eboloid
11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh, trust me, Asian people can get very fat if they try. Most of them just can't afford fast food (McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut is incredibly expensive compared to meals they can get from roadside food stalls), or prefer to spend their money on new mobile phones.

Regarding his rebounding, I think it's been agreed around here that he actually CREATES rebounds for his teammates by shoving members of the opposing team out of the way and tipping balls. He is being economical with his energy instead of just lunging for missed shots. And, seriously, "little ass" and Yao don't fit in the same sentence. He's kinda wide.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 02:16 PM
when i mean little ass circle, i meant that as more his rebounding circumference where he gets rebounds. You're right that he does at times slap at it away from the other big man grabbing it and one of his teammates gets it, but for someone his size he should have more of a rebounding circumference. Its like other players body out Yao, so Yao is oftentimes offbalance and slapping at it instead of going for it and getting it himself. I think if he had a stronger base he wouldnt be body'd out and wouldnt lose that balance so much. I just think Yao is still too soft and plays too finesee for someone his size. While hes been having a huge season so far and its hard to criticize his production, watching him play there are things he could/should be doing better.

But this has always been something thats bothered me about some players, even when i play just playground. There are just players who dont have that i want the ball viciousness in them and they play like their scared of contact, even if they have the body or size where they could be much better with that mean streak in them.

Valliant13
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Yao seems to have finally adapted to the more agressive NBA mentality.
He's also improve his strength substantially; though he still has ways to go before he can balance his finesse game with an equal power component.

Provided he avoid injury he is going to be scary domiant in the next couple of years.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I dont think chinese people like him can get fat no matter how many krispykremes. But if he did find a way to add some meat to those bones he could be really dominant and might not look so damn soft in the paint. Right now all his defensive abilities and half his offense stem strictly from height/length. If he could take up space he'd be so much better at the things hes currently not very good at like rebounding and being more a body underneath. I swear for a big man he probably covers a little ass circle in terms of rebounding ability, like if the ball doesnt drop directly to him he wont get it. It just feels like such a waste of size.
Haha, bringing back that whole fat=good player nonsense again?

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
:roll: It makes sense, Tractor had the highest fat % in the entire NBA and he dominated like no other.

:roll:

jzillah
11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
if you watched the heat game carefully you would see that Yao was definitely calling for the ball, and many times he did go at shaq and zo with power but realized shaq is just too big to bully over with power so he switched to finesse, why waste your energy (especially a guy as big as yao) doing power moves down low when you can hit the jumper, seriously they sent yao to the free throw line to shoot a technical (he was 10/11 or something ridiculously good from the heat game shooting ft's), he hit a fall away fadeway from the baseline over shaq, that's a hard enough shot, As for Yao being soft that's so stupid, he called for the ball so many time against shaq, his passion really came out last night, i don't know if anyone remembers that one dunk he threw down when he rolled to the basket last night when he got the dish from t-mac (was late in the game, i think it was the last basket he got before gundy took him out) he thew that sh*t down hard as a man his size could, he was hoping for some chump to be underneath him but they all cleared out. I think ever since Dahntay Jones dunked on Yao, Yao's been pissed off that these chumps are trying to embarass him so he's out on a tear, he man handled the knicks, stomped on the heat (made alonzo made look so bad), only problem i have is that he is getting heavy minutes and taking up a heavy load right now so he's going to have to carry it out throughout the whole season so he migh tire down, but i expect the numbers he's putting up to fall to around 20-24ppg once T-MAC and Bonzi get healthy or start producing. So as far as him being soft go please :violin: , yao's on a tear, he use to dominate like this in Olympic and his Chinese Basketball League, he'l bring in a new era, a new kind of center.

GOBB
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Yao Ming > Villy & Bogut ie I'd never do that trade.

Yao Ming is really coming into his own. Getting more consistent with his domination proclamation minus hateration in this NBA jamboree. I love how he is calling for the ball, getting good position, catch and either the hook or back em down and give them business cards approach.

An asian player as the best Center in the game? Never thought I ever see the day or say such a thing. And yes its a major thing imo. Yao Ming paid major dues to get where he is at today. Language and learning barriers. Getting familiar with the game and how its played vs other great players. Thru the bashing, critisizms about him being soft, not a dominant type of player, will be Rik Smits like etc etc...he has really stepped his game up and it appears he will continue to do so. He's not done. Tmac just needs to get his act together. Yao gonna mess around and be a 27 & 11 Center.

ItsMeDirk
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Do you think Eddy Curry can dominate Shaq this time around?

Smokee
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
if you watched the heat game carefully you would see that Yao was definitely calling for the ball, and many times he did go at shaq and zo with power but realized shaq is just too big to bully over with power so he switched to finesse, why waste your energy (especially a guy as big as yao) doing power moves down low when you can hit the jumper, seriously they sent yao to the free throw line to shoot a technical (he was 10/11 or something ridiculously good from the heat game shooting ft's), he hit a fall away fadeway from the baseline over shaq, that's a hard enough shot, As for Yao being soft that's so stupid, he called for the ball so many time against shaq, his passion really came out last night, i don't know if anyone remembers that one dunk he threw down when he rolled to the basket last night when he got the dish from t-mac (was late in the game, i think it was the last basket he got before gundy took him out) he thew that sh*t down hard as a man his size could, he was hoping for some chump to be underneath him but they all cleared out. I think ever since Dahntay Jones dunked on Yao, Yao's been pissed off that these chumps are trying to embarass him so he's out on a tear, he man handled the knicks, stomped on the heat (made alonzo made look so bad), only problem i have is that he is getting heavy minutes and taking up a heavy load right now so he's going to have to carry it out throughout the whole season so he migh tire down, but i expect the numbers he's putting up to fall to around 20-24ppg once T-MAC and Bonzi get healthy or start producing. So as far as him being soft go please :violin: , yao's on a tear, he use to dominate like this in Olympic and his Chinese Basketball League, he'l bring in a new era, a new kind of center.

hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently. Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable, and if those short jumpers stop falling like has happened other years he's far from a mvp. I'm not saying he will or wont but its really too early to talk mvp when this could just be a hot streak.

I see Yao get pisssed off alot this season. You have a point there. I saw him get pissed after Dahntay Jones tomohawkd on his ass and i saw him get pissed after a few no calls where he fell on the floor from guards half his size swatting at the ball. Either way i never really see much coming from Yao getting pissed, its not like he plays meaner or gets more vicious, he's as soft a center as they come. Sure thats his game but its something i think he can improve on. Hell if he would mebbe at least start flailing his arms like Mutombo to scare people then mebbe he might put some fear into them. Right now nobody, not even guards are scared to get into his space and swipe.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 04:56 PM

you S. Bradley fans really need to stop talkiing espeically when 'new and improved Shaq' is worse than ever :applause:

To act like every player should be thin is just retarded, especially all these generalizations you people make about being lean and thin in basketball. like how they dont get injured(Camby, Kenyon, DariusMiles, Shaq, etc, etc) or how everyones game automatically gets better when they lose weight.

when you actually play some ball then come back and talk :banana:

rezznor
11-13-2006, 04:56 PM
yao has been playing at this level since the all star break of last year. i dont see him leveling off any time soon, barring injury

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 05:01 PM
you S. Bradley fans really need to stop talkiing espeically when 'new and improved Shaq' is worse than ever :applause:

To act like every player should be thin is just retarded, especially all these generalizations you people make about being lean and thin in basketball. like how they dont get injured(Camby, Kenyon, DariusMiles, Shaq, etc, etc) or how everyones game automatically gets better when they lose weight.

when you actually play some ball then come back and talk :banana:

Wake up moron, Shawn Bradley had 0 muscle mass.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Wake up moron, Shawn Bradley had 0 muscle mass.

k then lets talk about 'new and improved Shaq' jackass :stupid:

does Camby of 0 muscle mass also?

how about Darius Miles?

would Z. Randolph be nearly as good as he is on the boards and in the paint without his wide fatbody?

like i said scrub, when you actually play the sport and i'm not talking about NBA Live, you might know that thin doesnt always mean better. At least i'm the one making it a case by case basis while you morons act like every player thats thin doesnt get injured and automatically plays better.

i dont know if your punkass has 1 leg, no arms, and cant play ball for whatever reason. But if you did play some ball you'd know thin and lean isnt always a better player make, let alone all these stupidass generalizations you morons pretend are always true.

ElPigto
11-13-2006, 05:16 PM
hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently. Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable, and if those short jumpers stop falling like has happened other years he's far from a mvp. I'm not saying he will or wont but its really too early to talk mvp when this could just be a hot streak.

That's quite an ignorant statement. If you watched the second half of the season, Yao wasn't just on "fire" like you proclaim him to be, he was pretty much dominant throughout. He averaged like 26ppg and 12ppg, what the hell do you want from him honestly.

I'm being honest, and not being rude, but please shut up because you really don't know anything about the transformation of Yao's game. You keep giving all this nonsense crap about him needing to gain weight, and him being lucky on a couple of jumpers.

The stupidest statement of all, "hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently," Honestly, what the hell is that suppose to mean?

Then you come up with this other stupidity right after it, "Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable". Make up your mind, he is either on fire, or he is just being consistent.

Please stop talking about Yao because you have no idea what you are talking about, nothing, none what so ever.

KWALI
11-13-2006, 05:19 PM
SHaq never did that well against a Center that can hit the J......No matter what even when he was in L.A he was too lazy to stop anyone who could hit that shot....

But people let him cover Ostertags or other big lumbering guys with less skills.....When Sabonis was on his game and not hurt too bad he'd kill SHAQ too.but becuz his endurance and fouls were high he couldn't stay on the court...difference is old SHAQ would go for 40 and 15 himself.

MaxFly
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
It's more like a changing of the guard. Shaq is declining while Yao is entering his prime years. It was bound to happen and I was expecting it to come with Shaq playing in his 15th season.

Hit it right on the nose.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
That's quite an ignorant statement. If you watched the second half of the season, Yao wasn't just on "fire" like you proclaim him to be, he was pretty much dominant throughout. He averaged like 26ppg and 12ppg, what the hell do you want from him honestly.

I'm being honest, and not being rude, but please shut up because you really don't know anything about the transformation of Yao's game. You keep giving all this nonsense crap about him needing to gain weight, and him being lucky on a couple of jumpers.

The stupidest statement of all, "hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently," Honestly, what the hell is that suppose to mean?

Then you come up with this other stupidity right after it, "Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable". Make up your mind, he is either on fire, or he is just being consistent.

Please stop talking about Yao because you have no idea what you are talking about, nothing, none what so ever.

You really dont know basketball. Players get hot in basketball. Some go cold. Jumpers dont always stay consistent when their hot. Look at Marcus Williams preseason where he couldnt miss to during the season where hes missing alot. I've watched every Rockets game this year. If you want to talk about last year then you got me, all i know is he was same erratic Yao for that first half of last season then got hot for the last month or so. Still not a full season.

Youre probably a bias Yao/Rockets fan so i'll cut you some slack. I watched him last night and some of those short jumpers he made were lucky because you could tell he didnt have a sure release on some of them and they still went in. **** happens when your hot. I never said he might not keep it up but i raised the possibility he can go cold and start missing them and he might just be on a hot streak right now. I do know teams arent playing Yao right, whoever they played before the Knicks this season or maybe it was the game before that(i cant remember the team) played Yao right. They would double team him right when he put the ball on the floor and Yao would either lose it or make a bad pass. Its all timing tho. The Knicks didnt try that until that 2nd half at some point and when they did they were late or too obvious about it with the double where he saw it coming.

Anyway, if this were oldtime Shaq or something thats easily consistant like post and dunks or like old MJ with driving and getting fouls then mebbe i'd have more faith in him being able to keep it up. Sorry i just dont have faith in short jumpers being as consistant to dominate :violin:

Smokee
11-13-2006, 05:30 PM
SHaq never did that well against a Center that can hit the J......No matter what even when he was in L.A he was too lazy to stop anyone who could hit that shot....

But people let him cover Ostertags or other big lumbering guys with less skills.....When Sabonis was on his game and not hurt too bad he'd kill SHAQ too.but becuz his endurance and fouls were high he couldn't stay on the court...difference is old SHAQ would go for 40 and 15 himself.

yeh Shaq even said himself in last nights quote i think theres nothing he can do about Yao making his jumpers if he makes them.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Hit it right on the nose.

Shaq is only 34, is that reeally so overthehill in NBA big man years?

didnt Kareem play past 40?

dont big men in general tend to last longer in being able to play NBA longer?

I mean how old was Sabonis? He had to have been like 40 and still balling.

How old is Yao anyway?

JSub
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Smokee is just some casual NBA fan who's trying to make a name for himself on ISH by proposing absolute BS to piss people off. Nobody knows Yao Ming better than Rockets fans. NOBODY.

We've watched him from the start and have witness his evolution from a skinny, soft spoken big man with great potential, to a dominant, insurmountable 7'6 center who is an early MVP candidate and arguably THE best center in the world. You dont average 27 points and shoot well over 55% FG in this league off pure LUCK. You are obviously aware that is pure bullsht. You dont shoot 88% FT by chance either.

Yao Ming has the league at his mercy. Shaq is nothing more than a bitter old fart who wont admit a China man is taking his throne. Somebody who has command of the power game, but prefers the finese game. Somebody who can shoot freethrows. Somebody who commands double and triple teams, yet still manages to score 27 ppg off pure LUCK.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Smokee is just some casual NBA fan who's trying to make a name for himself on ISH by proposing absolute BS to piss people off. Nobody knows Yao Ming better than Rockets fans. NOBODY.

We've watched him from the start and have witness his evolution from a skinny, soft spoken big man with great potential, to a dominant, insurmountable 7'6 center who is an early MVP candidate and arguably THE best center in the world. You dont average 27 points and shoot well over 55% FG in this league off pure LUCK. You are obviously aware that is pure bullsht. You dont shoot 88% FT by chance either.

Yao Ming has the league at his mercy. Shaq is nothing more than a bitter old fart who wont admit a China man is taking his throne. Somebody who has command of the power game, but prefers the finese game. Somebody who can shoot freethrows. Somebody who commands double and triple teams, yet still manages to score 27 ppg off pure LUCK.

funny thing is a casual NBA fan is WAY more objective than a pure Rockets fan :roll:

I wouldnt even say i'm casual, mebbe in the offseason, but i probably watch more NBA games on a weekly basis than you do during a full season kid :pimp:

JSub
11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
funny thing is a casual NBA fan is WAY more objective than a pure Rockets fan :roll:

I wouldnt even say i'm casual, mebbe in the offseason, but i probably watch more NBA games on a weekly basis than you do during a full season kid :pimp:

Of course you watch every NBA game every week, b/c little boys have all the time in the world. Real men who have graduated from college are employed full time. So keep congratulating yourself on watching so much basketball, "kid". It hasnt raised your bball IQ one bit.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Of course you watch every NBA game every week, b/c little boys have all the time in the world. Real men who have graduated from college are employed full time. So keep congratulating yourself on watching so much basketball, "kid". It hasnt raised your bball IQ one bit.

:roll: :roll: :roll: guess 'real men' who have graduated college with full time jobs post on nba forums with kids? someone check this fool could be another child predator :roll: :roll: :roll:

wow youre a loser :applause:

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 06:17 PM
k then lets talk about 'new and improved Shaq' jackass :stupid:

does Camby of 0 muscle mass also?

how about Darius Miles?

would Z. Randolph be nearly as good as he is on the boards and in the paint without his wide fatbody?

like i said scrub, when you actually play the sport and i'm not talking about NBA Live, you might know that thin doesnt always mean better. At least i'm the one making it a case by case basis while you morons act like every player thats thin doesnt get injured and automatically plays better.

i dont know if your punkass has 1 leg, no arms, and cant play ball for whatever reason. But if you did play some ball you'd know thin and lean isnt always a better player make, let alone all these stupidass generalizations you morons pretend are always true.

So from one sentence you conclude (with no basis which is contradictory to the rest of your post) that I've never played basketball before? :applause: Wrong again fatboy. I'm going to start calling you fat because you 'must' be since you are defending fat kids, being fat and unathletic in middle school boy, but it doesn't work even in highschool, let alone the NBA. I've exposed you before and you avoided my questions and pretended it didn't exist.

I'm an experienced weightlifter, and 'Darius Miles, Kenyon Martin are NO WHERE F*CKING NEAR the strength of Shaq in his prime. Strength is what made Shaq dominant, not fat. Explain this; How exactly does fat benefit you?
Does it make you stronger? No.
Does it make you faster? No.
Does it make you jump higher for rebounds and blocks? No.
Does it make you slower and less athletic? YES

What you don't realize is, if YOU ever played basketball, the fat kids only advantage on other's is being able to set a wider pick, and maybe hurt someone if they fell on top of him. Shaquille O'neal in his prime, had, by far, the greatest combination of upper and lower body strength in the league. And when he get's older, his strength and stamina go down with it. The only thing to do to counteract this is to burn off the uneeded fat to keep his stamina up during games.

I'd like to see a trainer or sports physician back you up :roll:

ClutchCityReturns
11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Smokee, give it a rest. You clearly aren't adequately informed on this subject.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
So from one sentence you conclude (with no basis which is contradictory to the rest of your post) that I've never played basketball before? :applause: Wrong again fatboy. I'm going to start calling you fat because you 'must' be since you are defending fat kids, being fat and unathletic in middle school boy, but it doesn't work even in highschool, let alone the NBA. I've exposed you before and you avoided my questions and pretended it didn't exist.

I'm an experienced weightlifter, and 'Darius Miles, Kenyon Martin are NO WHERE F*CKING NEAR the strength of Shaq in his prime. Strength is what made Shaq dominant, not fat. Explain this; How exactly does fat benefit you?
Does it make you stronger? No.
Does it make you faster? No.
Does it make you jump higher for rebounds and blocks? No.
Does it make you slower and less athletic? YES

What you don't realize is, if YOU ever played basketball, the fat kids only advantage on other's is being able to set a wider pick, and maybe hurt someone if they fell on top of him. Shaquille O'neal in his prime, had, by far, the greatest combination of upper and lower body strength in the league. And when he get's older, his strength and stamina go down with it. The only thing to do to counteract this is to burn off the uneeded fat to keep his stamina up during games.

I'd like to see a trainer or sports physician back you up :roll:

Hahaha :roll: call me FAT, i could care less. I just know ball and have played ball with/agaiinst fatbody big men and KNOW girth creates space for them. Youre a f'in retard thats never played ball if you dont know that. What i'm saying is reality, has nothing to do with me or some stupid agenda, if you really have played ball like you said then you'd know fatbody's can help a player play bigger. This is strictly about truth and reality to me, not trying to prove some stupid point like you morons that act like everybody should be thin and lean to be able to play ball correctly.

To say Shaq was all strength is stupid in itself, he and everyone knows Shaq had a lot of fat. Youre not only a retard, you dont even know a thing about ball if you dont know that. Shaq even said himself he felt more dominant when he was fatter. Take a look at some of those old pics of 'dominant Shaq' and you'd see hit gut hanging over his waistline slightly.

I'm so sick of all the retards here reinventing history of how Shaq was all quickness and explosion, or how he was all strength. Shaq was just BIG you stuipdass mofos, BIGGER than everyone and threw his body around where everyone was scared of going at him and nobody wanted to be under him when he dunked. There are so many f'in idiots here that overanalyze or completely try and reinvent the obvious, that Shaq was as dominant as he was because dude was just BIG. :banghead:

Smokee
11-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Smokee, give it a rest. You clearly aren't adequately informed on this subject.

I swear half of you ride each others *******s like a pile of potatoes. Trust me dude, i'm waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy more informed than most of you if you want to keep making the argument that fat doesnt add to a players ability to play ball.

Zack Randolph is a perfect case in point. Fortson is a case in point. There are many players who are good players due to their body size and girth.

Its like half of you dont even play ball and are on Jenny Craig trying to sell that **** to everyhone :rollingeyes:

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE]Hahaha :roll: call me FAT, i could care less.
Okay, fine, fatass. Good luck living past 20 without diabetes.

I just know ball and have played ball with/agaiinst fatbody big men and KNOW girth creates space for them.
:roll: Then you suck if you are a guy that's all muscle mass with a combination of speed and more athleticism and can't get around/through him. The fat kid will get out muscles every time on the boards and in the post. Again you don't know what you are talking about.

Youre a f'in retard thats never played ball if you dont know that. What i'm saying is reality, has nothing to do with me or some stupid agenda, if you really have played ball like you said then you'd know fatbody's can help a player play bigger.
:roll: Yep I'm now a "retard" for thinking muscle is better than fat, stupid me. I should have known the reality that fat>>>>>>>>Muscle and strength

This is strictly about truth and reality to me, not trying to prove some stupid point like you morons that act like everybody should be thin and lean to be able to play ball correctly.

Then everyone has it out for you, my little fat friend. Because no one (Fat or not) has agreed with you because what you are insinuating is utterly unintelligent.

[QUOTE]To say Shaq was all strength is stupid in itself, he and everyone knows Shaq had a lot of fat. Youre not only a retard, you dont even know a thing about ball if you dont know that.
Never said he wasn't fat idiot, I just said it helped him very little if any at all.

Shaq even said himself he felt more dominant when he was fatter.
Link to quote? I believe he said when he was younger.

Take a look at some of those old pics of 'dominant Shaq' and you'd see hit gut hanging over his waistline slightly.

It's funny, because in Orlando in his early years he was already part of the 50 greatest players ever when he had under a 10 BF%. So why didn't he suck then? Thing is, he was going to get even better gaining that fat or not.

I'm so sick of all the retards here reinventing history of how Shaq was all quickness and explosion,
Reading comprehension will get you somewhere in life before you start tossing insults to people that are already more successful than you in life. I said STRENGTH was what made him so dominant, not "Quickness", idiot.

or how he was all strength.

There you go!

Shaq was just BIG you stuipdass mofos, BIGGER than everyone and threw his body around where everyone was scared of going at him and nobody wanted to be under him when he dunked.
:roll: That's his STRENGTH and POWER combined with his SIZE (7'2) the only thing to be afraid of if he was pure fat is to make sure he doesn't land on top of you if he trips.

There are so many f'in idiots here that overanalyze or completely try and reinvent the obvious, that Shaq was as dominant as he was because dude was just BIG. :banghead:

You are the only one overanalyzing this dumbass, he declined because he's getting older, period, end of story. It happens to everyone and Shaq is no exception.

Oh and for the record I have been playing organized ball for about 17 years and I think once you get out of middle school you may be able to understand.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Smokee]
Okay, fine, fatass. Good luck living past 20 without diabetes.

:roll: Then you suck if you are a guy that's all muscle mass with a combination of speed and more athleticism and can't get around/through him. The fat kid will get out muscles every time on the boards and in the post. Again you don't know what you are talking about.

:roll: Yep I'm now a "retard" for thinking muscle is better than fat, stupid me. I should have known the reality that fat>>>>>>>>Muscle and strength

Then everyone has it out for you, my little fat friend. Because no one (Fat or not) has agreed with you because what you are insinuating is utterly unintelligent.

[QUOTE]
Never said he wasn't fat idiot, I just said it helped him very little if any at all.

Link to quote? I believe he said when he was younger.

It's funny, because in Orlando in his early years he was already part of the 50 greatest players ever when he had under a 10 BF%. So why didn't he suck then? Thing is, he was going to get even better gaining that fat or not.

Reading comprehension will get you somewhere in life before you start tossing insults to people that are already more successful than you in life. I said STRENGTH was what made him so dominant, not "Quickness", idiot.

There you go!

You are the only one overanalyzing this dumbass, he declined because he's getting older, period, end of story. It happens to everyone and Shaq is no exception.

Oh and for the record I have been playing organized ball for about 17 years and I think once you get out of middle school you may be able to understand.

look you pipsqueak, lets talk about Zack Randolph. Is he not fat? Does he not average a double double and is probably putting up bigger numbers so far this year than anyone in the league? Does he not use his fatbody to his advantage? You're .99 cents aint going to do **** against a Zack Randolph down low.

Do you just regurgitate the stupid**** other people say here? Shaq is ONLY 34, Kareem played over the age of 40. Sabonis was like 40 and still balling. And all of a sudden Shaq is overthehill because hes 34? ****enA, gimme a better reason than that, considering i've never seen a decline like that at 34 from a big man. All some of you *****ass's do is just say what other people say because you cant think and observe for yourself.

Ya know for now on i'm going to call you $.99 cents :banana:

Smokee
11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: @ 17 years of playing ball :roll: :roll:

If you think Zack Randolph is only good for setting picks then your retard-league against your 1armed midget brother must be a great place to judge from :roll:

DreamRuled
11-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Guys like Kareem and Sabonis were able to play until they were much older because they were very skilled at what the did, not simply freak atheltes. Shaq has never been a skilled basketball player, instead relying on his physical abiliteis. So when age begins to slow him down some, make him less able to do what he used to do as often as he used to do it, there's the appearence of an even larger decline. Shaq may very well get some what better through out the year, but he's not the player he once was, and has little or no chance to continue to play until he's 40. Most big men can keep playing because they are big and have skills, or in the case of a few, only because they are big (see Ostertag, Bradley, Deke). But they are far from dominating. There are always exceptions, but I'm pretty sure Shaw isn't going to be one...he doesn't put in the effort on a regular basis to be in good enough condition to keep playing that long.

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[QUOTE] @ 17 years of playing ball :roll: :roll:
I fail to see humor in the truth? :rollingeyes: Kids like you need a phucking beating sometimes.

If you think Zack Randolph is only good for setting picks then your retard-league against your 1armed midget brother must be a great place to judge from

Your 10 rolling smiley's in your post aren't convincing anyone. And I love how you say I said stuff I never even mentioned;

Where did I even mention Zach Randolph in my posts? Why do you have to bullsh*t like this? one armed midget brother? You further strengthen my point that your an immature little brat that needs to go sit in his room and stop posting bullsh*t on the internet.

Back to Zach Randolph since you brought him up
http://llc.fanball.com/fanball/images/story/4804.jpg

First of all, where is all this fat you are mentioning, he may be a little overweight, but I don't see how you are actually using this to "defend" your """""Points""""". Zach is a guy that seems to rely on his post move skills and a little mid range shot in his game and get's his rebounds mostly by positioning and good technique, He seems to have more muscle on him than fat by looking at his pictures, and that would only help him on the boards.

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=XxNeXuSxX][QUOTE=Smokee]

[QUOTE]look you pipsqueak, lets talk about Zack Randolph. Is he not fat? Does he not average a double double and is probably putting up bigger numbers so far this year than anyone in the league? Does he not use his fatbody to his advantage? You're .99 cents aint going to do **** against a Zack Randolph down low.

Wrong.

Do you just regurgitate the stupid**** other people say here?
I state facts, it's you who refuses to accept them Muscle=Strength, Size, and weight Fat=Fat. You still don't get that basic concept.

Shaq is ONLY 34, Kareem played over the age of 40.

Jordan played to 34, Jim Brown played to 30, Barry Sanders 29, The big O to 36. What that phuck is your point? People declind at different ages due to their longetivitiy, big phucking whoop.

Sabonis was like 40 and still balling. And all of a sudden Shaq is overthehill because hes 34? ****enA, gimme a better reason than that, considering i've never seen a decline like that at 34 from a big man.
Then you don't have a grasp on history, not our problem.

All some of you *****ass's do is just say what other people say because you cant think and observe for yourself.

Again, fact is fact.

Ya know for now on i'm going to call you $.99 cents :banana:

Go for it, because I'm the one using facts while you talk out of your fat ass, so as long as your still losing, go for it.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Guys like Kareem and Sabonis were able to play until they were much older because they were very skilled at what the did, not simply freak atheltes. Shaq has never been a skilled basketball player, instead relying on his physical abiliteis. So when age begins to slow him down some, make him less able to do what he used to do as often as he used to do it, there's the appearence of an even larger decline. Shaq may very well get some what better through out the year, but he's not the player he once was, and has little or no chance to continue to play until he's 40. Most big men can keep playing because they are big and have skills, or in the case of a few, only because they are big (see Ostertag, Bradley, Deke). But they are far from dominating. There are always exceptions, but I'm pretty sure Shaw isn't going to be one...he doesn't put in the effort on a regular basis to be in good enough condition to keep playing that long.

i can agree with you on some points in what you said since Sabonis was an excellent passer and just knew how to play an all around game regardless of how slow he was or how old/fat. Kareem i agree in the respect that Kareem kept fit and his extracurricular activities was stuff like kung fu and ****, whereas Shaq just seems like a partying non-workaholic type that likes expensive stuff and wants to get into law enforcement and other crap when hes not playing ball.

that said, i still dont think his decline has to do with purely his age like people are saying. I'd say its a number of factors, including slimming down and not having that throw-around weight in the paint anymore, along with offseason work ethic, love/drive for basketball, injuries, etc.

I still believe he could probably play until 40 if he wanted to since imo big men with body that can play ball arent very common. He could probably still be starting at the age of 40 if he really loved the game, but i dont think Shaq has that love for ball other players do. I have a feeling Shaq will be at the level of his current play for a long time to come, he wont ever be the player he used to be, but if he had the love for the game he could stay in it until a very old age imo.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=Smokee]:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I fail to see humor in the truth? :rollingeyes: Kids like you need a phucking beating sometimes.

Your 10 rolling smiley's in your post aren't convincing anyone. And I love how you say I said stuff I never even mentioned;

Where did I even mention Zach Randolph in my posts? Why do you have to bullsh*t like this? one armed midget brother? You further strengthen my point that your an immature little brat that needs to go sit in his room and stop posting bullsh*t on the internet.

Back to Zach Randolph since you brought him up
http://llc.fanball.com/fanball/images/story/4804.jpg

First of all, where is all this fat you are mentioning, he may be a little overweight, but I don't see how you are actually using this to "defend" your """""Points""""". Zach is a guy that seems to rely on his post move skills and a little mid range shot in his game and get's his rebounds mostly by positioning and good technique, He seems to have more muscle on him than fat by looking at his pictures, and that would only help him on the boards.

Are you really trying to say here that Zach Randolph isnt fat? That he isnt a wide body? :roll: :roll: Are you f'in blind? Have you ever seen Zach Randolph?

seriously dude make a better argument than arguing Zach Randolph is lean and all muscle because everyone that knows the littlest thing about ball knows Zach Randolph is probably one of the bigger fat widebody's in the league. Next youre stupidass will probably say Big Country wasnt fat and how great he would've been skinny :roll:

God youre retarded $.99 cent :banghead:

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=XxNeXuSxX]

Are you really trying to say here that Zach Randolph isnt fat? That he isnt a wide body? :roll: :roll: Are you f'in blind? Have you ever seen Zach Randolph?

seriously dude make a better argument than arguing Zach Randolph is lean and all muscle because everyone that knows the littlest thing about ball knows Zach Randolph is probably one of the bigger fat widebody's in the league. Next youre stupidass will probably say Big Country wasnt fat and how great he would've been skinny :roll:

God youre retarded $.99 cent :banghead:

You ask me if I've ever seen him after you quote me posting a picture. That should speak for itself. And I don't need to go in further to prove your idiocy.

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=XxNeXuSxX]

Look dude first you tried to say Shaq was all muscle in his hey days when his gut was hanging over his waistline and you could easily see his belly sticking out of his uni.

Now your trying to say Zach Randolph isnt fat :hammerhead:

i'm done arguing with someone who doesnt watch NBA and doesnt know the most obvious **** anyone else would acknowledge.

youre really a retard $.99 cent, better ask somebody :pimp:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/artfuldodger.htm

That defines you perfectly fatso. You ignore all my arguments and you just change the subject and misquote me and then take it out of context. Congrats.

Examples in the thread:

You still have yet to refute the simple fact. Muscle=Strength, Power, and Size

Your response

LOL U THINK HE ISNT FAT LOLOLOLLOLOLOOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLLLLLLLLROFLMAL O!!!:rolllin::rollin :roll: :roll: :roll: !!##@# HAV U HEVER SEEN ZACK MUTOMBO? LOLOLOL U NEVER PLAYED BASKETBALL IN UR LIFE HAHAHAH!

It makes it impossible to debate the uneducated or simply ignorant, so I'm done with you.

XxNeXuSxX
11-13-2006, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=XxNeXuSxX]

:roll: :roll: :roll: $.99 cent :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can't believe this, it's like explaining to a 4 year old santa doesn't exist.

Now I'm to my club basketball practice(keep in mind this is phuckin college), I suggest you learn facts and then post on a message board.

I don't know how many times you can be wrong and still come back with a new "insult".

JSub
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: guess 'real men' who have graduated college with full time jobs post on nba forums with kids? someone check this fool could be another child predator :roll: :roll: :roll:

wow youre a loser :applause:

Emoticon usage should be a privilege for you, since you're having such a spankin' good time with those ":roll: :roll: :roll: "s.

For your information, kiddo, people who have college degrees and fulltime jobs still use the internet. I know its hard for your juvenile mind to comprehend that, so we'll forgive you for that one.

When you've read enough bullsht on forum, you can assume all discussions will turn to sh!t when you attempt to debate a reasonable topic with a "fan" who has zero grasp of the game and its players. Hard to talk logic when you had none to begin with, so predictably, you resort to personal attacks upon people here you know nothing about. Keep it up, you're going to be rightfully banned soon.

ALlArOuNDPIaya
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=XxNeXuSxX]

you still trying to play that 17 years of basketball BS?

LMAO @ $.99 cent :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

is this kid serious? no one can be this retarded... boy you got to learn when to shut up, you're an idiot.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Emoticon usage should be a privilege for you, since you're having such a spankin' good time with those ":roll: :roll: :roll: "s.

For your information, kiddo, people who have college degrees and fulltime jobs still use the internet. I know its hard for your juvenile mind to comprehend that, so we'll forgive you for that one.

When you've read enough bullsht on forum, you can assume all discussions will turn to sh!t when you attempt to debate a reasonable topic with a "fan" who has zero grasp of the game and its players. Hard to talk logic when you had none to begin with, so predictably, you resort to personal attacks upon people here you know nothing about. Keep it up, you're going to be rightfully banned soon.

Are you kidding me? Are you a f'in little girl or something that cant handle a jones? I guess you reallly are 40 yrs old posting with kids, like i said somebody watch this fool, this is the type of ***** that ends up on Dateliine 'to catch a predator' :ohwell:

ALlArOuNDPIaya
11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you a f'in little girl or something that cant handle a jones? I guess you reallly are 40 yrs old posting with kids, like i said somebody watch this fool, this is the type of ***** that ends up on Dateliine 'to catch a predator' :ohwell:

this has got to be a joke persona, no one is honestly this retarded as he's showin in this thread, owned by 5 posters and still keeps going on like he's winning? the age goes down further and further each day.

you are wrong kid, accept it, move the **** on.

rezznor
11-13-2006, 08:16 PM
it's obvious he is just baiting people. looks like hes doing a decent job with it too.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Smokee]

is this kid serious? no one can be this retarded... boy you got to learn when to shut up, you're an idiot.

i think i remember you from the old forums. you were a gimp in some fam, think it was the clippers? You were always a geek poster, nothing changes i guess :pimp:

ElPigto
11-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Ehh, he didn't really get to me. After he quoted me I figured he was just trying to make people angry and get all defensive, he is an idiot nonetheless, and I will refuse to argue with him, since either he has the mindset to just refute all the arguments just because he wants to piss us off, or he has a peanut for a brain, either one, whatever.

ALlArOuNDPIaya
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
i think i remember you from the old forums. you were a gimp in some fam, think it was the clippers? You were always a geek poster, nothing changes i guess :pimp:

I see, you don't learn. hope you enjoy your permanant ban for trolling asswipe.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I see, you don't learn. hope you enjoy your permanant ban for trolling asswipe.

If ISH permabans me then i'll know this forum has lost its entertainment value to the overly serious nerds that post here. Let me guess they put your geeky punkass in charge?

my argument was serious until people came at me, i responded to their attacks in turn. If you reread the thread i answered politely to the people who argued with me poliltely. You cant deny that if you read this thread so stfu you f'iin nerd.

ALlArOuNDPIaya
11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
If ISH permabans me then i'll know this forum has lost its entertainment value to the overly serious nerds that post here. Let me guess they put your geeky punkass in charge?

my argument was serious until people came at me, i responded to their attacks in turn. If you reread the thread i answered politely to the people who argued with me poliltely. You cant deny that if you read this thread so stfu you f'iin nerd.

Oh really, let's see about this.

ElPigto had no personal insults there but you don't like it so you attack him:

You really dont know basketball. Players get hot in basketball. Some go cold. Jumpers dont always stay consistent when their hot. Look at Marcus Williams preseason where he couldnt miss to during the season where hes missing alot. I've watched every Rockets game this year. If you want to talk about last year then you got me, all i know is he was same erratic Yao for that first half of last season then got hot for the last month or so. Still not a full season.

Youre probably a bias Yao/Rockets fan so i'll cut you some slack. I watched him last night and some of those short jumpers he made were lucky because you could tell he didnt have a sure release on some of them and they still went in. **** happens when your hot. I never said he might not keep it up but i raised the possibility he can go cold and start missing them and he might just be on a hot streak right now. I do know teams arent playing Yao right, whoever they played before the Knicks this season or maybe it was the game before that(i cant remember the team) played Yao right. They would double team him right when he put the ball on the floor and Yao would either lose it or make a bad pass. Its all timing tho. The Knicks didnt try that until that 2nd half at some point and when they did they were late or too obvious about it with the double where he saw it coming.

Anyway, if this were oldtime Shaq or something thats easily consistant like post and dunks or like old MJ with driving and getting fouls then mebbe i'd have more faith in him being able to keep it up. Sorry i just dont have faith in short jumpers being as

You just assume he knows nothing because he doesn't agree with you, that's called a personal attack. you know nothing about his life yet you think you do. this is because you are a trollllllll.

you did it again to JSub and XxNeXuSxX, only that JSub and XxNeXuSxX took you seriously at first and then you truely showed how you don't have a ****ing clue about basketball.

Smokee
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh really, let's see about this.

ElPigto had no personal insults there but you don't like it so you attack him:

You just assume he knows nothing because he doesn't agree with you, that's called a personal attack. you know nothing about his life yet you think you do. this is because you are a trollllllll.

you did it again to JSub and XxNeXuSxX, only that JSub and XxNeXuSxX took you seriously at first and then you truely showed how you don't have a ****ing clue about basketball.

Are you some f'in retarded nazi? Where in my reply to that first dude where i had that huge wall of text reply back was i attacking him? If the stuff you put in bold were supposedly attacks at him then you must be some out of touch mormon soccer mom. No way you could call anything in that reply to him an attack, if anything he called me stupid, and i never even said any insults back at him and just made my point.

Thats some funnyass **** of the stuff you highlighted like they were insults :roll: seriouisly dude, do you live in some cave and only come out for communion?

rezznor
11-13-2006, 09:22 PM
meet him at the bike rack after school!!!!

KobeLookLike2Pac
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Yao might be the best center in the league for one whole year max. He is going to get surpassed by Dwight Howard very, very soon.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, it's just science.

And please never, EVER compare Yao to Kareem. That sh!t is just sacrilege. :rollingeyes:

JSub
11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Yao might be the best center in the league for one whole year max. He is going to get surpassed by Dwight Howard very, very soon.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, it's just science.

And please never, EVER compare Yao to Kareem. That sh!t is just sacrilege. :rollingeyes:

Amazing. What will those Yao haters come out with next? First, you say he's a bust, passive, soft, slow, weak, bad at English, foul prone, garbage. In the next stage of his evolution, you say he's second fiddle and a non-leader and a poster victim. Now that he has become what all you haters have feared, you say he's only going to dominate ONE WHOLE YEAR MAX.

The hate is amazing. Its absurd. It defies all reason. An asian man can never dominte the NBA. That's what you all wished to believe. Of all things, it's just SCIENCE right? :no:

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Ehh, he didn't really get to me. After he quoted me I figured he was just trying to make people angry and get all defensive, he is an idiot nonetheless, and I will refuse to argue with him, since either he has the mindset to just refute all the arguments just because he wants to piss us off, or he has a peanut for a brain, either one, whatever.
You're probably right, but I find the fat=good at bball theory to be kind of original. Retarded, sure, but original.

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 02:37 PM
You're probably right, but I find the fat=good at bball theory to be kind of original. Retarded, sure, but original.

What is so original about it?

Those who know jack crap about basketball always mention as an argument as to why Shaq is good.

KobeLookLike2Pac
11-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Amazing. What will those Yao haters come out with next? First, you say he's a bust, passive, soft, slow, weak, bad at English, foul prone, garbage. In the next stage of his evolution, you say he's second fiddle and a non-leader and a poster victim. Now that he has become what all you haters have feared, you say he's only going to dominate ONE WHOLE YEAR MAX.

The hate is amazing. Its absurd. It defies all reason. An asian man can never dominte the NBA. That's what you all wished to believe. Of all things, it's just SCIENCE right? :no:

First of all I never said any of that sheet, second of all I saw you coming from a mile away with the race issue. It could have easily been Eddie Curry or Zach Randolph in place of Yao Ming and I'd be saying the same thing. When Yao gets smashed on by Randolph, Curry, Bogut or Bynum and you roll your eyes at the hype, well you might as well be looking in the mirror. Yao is just a very good center, not a great one or one that deserves to mentioned in the same breath as the greats, in a transition era of declining and young 5s.

fatboy11
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
First of all I never said any of that sheet, second of all I saw you coming from a mile away with the race issue. It could have easily been Eddie Curry or Zach Randolph in place of Yao Ming and I'd be saying the same thing. When Yao gets smashed on by Randolph, Curry, Bogut or Bynum and you roll your eyes at the hype, well you might as well be looking in the mirror. Yao is just a very good center, not a great one or one that deserves to mentioned in the same breath as the greats, in a transition era of declining and young 5s.Please shut up.

I mean, seriously. Nothing you said was the least bit accurate.

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
First of all I never said any of that sheet, second of all I saw you coming from a mile away with the race issue. It could have easily been Eddie Curry or Zach Randolph in place of Yao Ming and I'd be saying the same thing. When Yao gets smashed on by Randolph, Curry, Bogut or Bynum and you roll your eyes at the hype, well you might as well be looking in the mirror. Yao is just a very good center, not a great one or one that deserves to mentioned in the same breath as the greats, in a transition era of declining and young 5s.

Okay, I'll give you something, Yao has yet to deem himself to be mentioned with greats, but honestly with his hard work he could possible reach elite status. Yao is not only a very good center. Being a good center does not justify what Yao is. Yao is a great center who is literally carrying the Rockets right now. He has really torched the other teams big men. I'm sorry if you try to discredit him just because he is in an age where there is declining 5's and young 5's, but seriously, if you can't see how dominant he is being right now, you are simply choosing to ignore the fact that he is carrying the Rockets.

I know it's only 7 games, and for now I'll let your argument stand as it is. We'll come back to this during all-star break, so please look for me.

Thank you.

KobeLookLike2Pac
11-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I know it's only 7 games, and for now I'll let your argument stand as it is. We'll come back to this during all-star break, so please look for me.

Thank you.

I'll do that but you may not be happy to see me coming. We will see.

JSub
11-14-2006, 03:16 PM
I'll do that but you may not be happy to see me coming. We will see.

Actually, I dont think anybody's going to remember you by the end of the day.

heavensdevil
11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
anybody else think that Shaq sucks?

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 03:19 PM

I gotta admit that had me,

:roll: :applause:

fatboy11
11-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I've pretty much lost all respect for Shaq. He's such a big baby. He gave Yao no credit for the game on Sunday. Said that Yao is "just big" and "doing what he is supposed to do". Look in the mirror Shaq. Where would you be without being "just big"? Not in the Hall of Fame.

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 03:21 PM
anybody else think that Shaq sucks?

I don't necessarily think he sucks because he still attracts attention. It's just that the Heat supporting cast is a year older, and they have GP running the guard. GP is awesome, but right now he shouldn't be playing as many minutes as he is right now.

Shaq is Shaq though. He still draws double teams therefore making him effective in that area. He still will have his nights, but overall he doesn't suck, he just happened to start declining, and we aren't use to seeing him play at this level at all. We are used to seeing straight up dominant games.

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 03:22 PM
I've pretty much lost all respect for Shaq. He's such a big baby. He gave Yao no credit for the game on Sunday. Said that Yao is "just big" and "doing what he is supposed to do". Look in the mirror Shaq. Where would you be without being "just big"? Not in the Hall of Fame.

Ditto.

KobeLookLike2Pac
11-14-2006, 03:23 PM

Perhaps, but he was the one who mentioned it.

Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the Chinese player that got voted over Shaq in numerous all-star apprearances on pure hype and homerism.

JSub
11-14-2006, 03:26 PM

Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the Chinese player that got voted over Shaq in numerous all-star apprearances on pure hype and homerism.

My goodness. Give the genius a trophy. PLEASE!! :bowdown:

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 03:26 PM

Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the over-hyped Chinese player.

I guess I'll budge to one more of your stupidities before I go off to class:

Over-hyped Chinese player. That was his rookie season. That was his first season. That was his second season. That was his third season. That was his first half of the fourth season.

See what I'm trying to create here, a point of emphasis. Anaphora. Anyways, he has surpassed the "over-hyped Chinese player" model because he has already exceeded the expectations of doubters.

Now please just shut up already, go sit down, and play NBA Live, and shoot threes with Ben Wallace to keep you entertained.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I guess I'll budge to one more of your stupidities before I go off to class:

Over-hyped Chinese player. That was his rookie season. That was his first season. That was his second season. That was his third season. That was his first half of the fourth season.

See what I'm trying to create here, a point of emphasis. Anaphora. Anyways, he has surpassed the "over-hyped Chinese player" model because he has already exceeded the expectations of doubters.

Now please just shut up already, go sit down, and play NBA Live, and shoot threes with Ben Wallace to keep you entertained.

wrong. Yao has deserved the overhyped label until the end of last year. He is the NBA's asian marketing marquee player. Ever since he entered the league the NBA has marketed him as one of the best players in the league when he wasnt. Hes FINALLY showing signs of living up to his expectations with some consistency, but its still early. Some of you Rocket fans need to take off those Rockets colored sunglasses and see reality.

KobeLookLike2Pac
11-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

What's the major difference between them?

One has a billion homers backin him up. :pimp:

fatboy11
11-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

One has a billion homers backin him up. :pimp:No. One plays on a possible contender and one plays on a lottery team.

Pretty simple.

JSub
11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

Listen to the bullsht thats coming out of your mouth for second. You're comparing ZACH RANDOLPH to YAO MING.

ZACH RANDOLPH is the equivalent of YAO MING?!!?

I'm done with you, as should be every other true basketball fan reading this thread.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Listen to the bullsht thats coming out of your mouth for second. You're comparing ZACH RANDOLPH to YAO MING.

ZACH RANDOLPH is the equivalent of YAO MING?!!?

I'm done with you, as should be every other true basketball fan reading this thread.

Sorry but Yao Miing isnt that much better than Zach Randolph. In fact the only reason it seems that way is due to the marketing hype Yao gets. Dont act like the NBA doesnt market Yao like their premier player. Zach Randolph gets no commercials, no NBA marketing hype, but thats why hes a underated star. You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

I'd rather have Yao than Randolph but the distance between them isnt nearly as large as NBA media portrays or a Rockets fan wants to pretend.

tenzan
11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

11% higher FG percentage and 1.4 more blocks per game

eboloid
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

(hahahaha)

XxNeXuSxX
11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Sorry but Yao Miing isnt that much better than Zach Randolph. In fact the only reason it seems that way is due to the marketing hype Yao gets. Dont act like the NBA doesnt market Yao like their premier player. Zach Randolph gets no commercials, no NBA marketing hype, but thats why hes a underated star. You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

I'd rather have Yao than Randolph but the distance between them isnt nearly as large as NBA media portrays or a Rockets fan wants to pretend.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
(hahahaha)

Are you saying Zach Randolph sucks?

Do all of you just ride each others nuts in every thread?

I mean being a Rockets fan is one thing but just saying the same **** to agree with your board buddy's is ghey as ****.

This may shatter your worlds and everything you think you know about the NBA, but Yao is not that much better than Randolph, and Yao has been THE most overhyped player since he entered the L :rollingeyes:

fatboy11
11-14-2006, 04:40 PM
You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.Adonal Foyle?

JSub
11-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Are you saying Zach Randolph sucks?

Do all of you just ride each others nuts in every thread?

I mean being a Rockets fan is one thing but just saying the same **** to agree with your board buddy's is ghey as ****.

This may shatter your worlds and everything you think you know about the NBA, but Yao is not that much better than Randolph, and Yao has been THE most overhyped player since he entered the L :rollingeyes:

You DO realize there are other posters defending Yao here who are NON-Rockets fans. And we all know for a fact Yao owns Zach in every way imaginable. Yao owns every center in the league and in the world. Did you forget he led the entire FIBA tournament in scoring?

And since when did a 27ppg, 10reb, 2 blks center become overhyped? How is Yao going to live up to "the hype"? Average 40ppg and 20 rebs? Name another center over 7'3 who's accomplished what Yao has accomplished. Name another international player who actually lived up to the expectations of a billion people. A man who represents not only the Rockets, but an entire country.

Just admit that you're a bitter Yao-hater who had his world SHATTERED when the sleeping giant finally woke up in the 2nd half of last season. Sorry, kiddo, but this man is for real and he's here to stay. The domination is FAR from over.

fatboy11
11-14-2006, 04:55 PM
You DO realize there are other posters defending Yao here who are NON-Rockets fans. And we all know for a fact Yao owns Zach in every way imaginable. Yao owns every center in the league and in the world. Did you forget he led the entire FIBA tournament in scoring?

And since when did a 27ppg, 10reb, 2 blks center become overhyped? How is Yao going to live up to "the hype"? Average 40ppg and 20 rebs? Name another center over 7'3 who's accomplished what Yao has accomplished. Name another international player who actually lived up to the expectations of a billion people. A man who represents not only the Rockets, but an entire country.

Just admit that you're a bitter Yao-hater who had his world SHATTERED when the sleeping giant finally woke up in the 2nd half of last season. Sorry, kiddo, but this man is for real and he's here to stay. The domination is FAR from over.Owned.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM

Just admit that you're a bitter Yao-hater who had his world SHATTERED when the sleeping giant finally woke up in the 2nd half of last season. Sorry, kiddo, but this man is for real and he's here to stay. The domination is FAR from over.

ITS BEEN LESS THAN 2 F'IN WEEKS AND YOU GIMPS ARE READY TO NAME YAO MVP LIKE ITS THE END OF THE SEASON :wtf:

I even said i'd take Yao over Randolph so i'm not a Yao hater. I just dont suck his **** like some of you homos do and know its ONLY BEEN 2 F'IN WEEKS.

:banghead:

Smokee
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Owned.

i'm just wondering if you board buddy's spoon nightly

fatboy11
11-14-2006, 05:25 PM
i'm just wondering if you board buddy's spoon nightlyWhere at in Compton?

ClutchCityReturns
11-14-2006, 05:25 PM
ITS BEEN LESS THAN 2 F'IN WEEKS AND YOU GIMPS ARE READY TO NAME YAO MVP LIKE ITS THE END OF THE SEASON :wtf:

I even said i'd take Yao over Randolph so i'm not a Yao hater. I just dont suck his **** like some of you homos do and know its ONLY BEEN 2 F'IN WEEKS.

:banghead:

You just can't help but make yourself look grossly uninformed on the subject.

Do us all a favor and go look at Yao's last 24 games from last season. Come back and tell us what he averaged. I'll give you a hint...

27/10 in the first 7 games of this season isn't exactly a surprise.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 05:35 PM
You just can't help but make yourself look grossly uninformed on the subject.

Do us all a favor and go look at Yao's last 24 games from last season. Come back and tell us what he averaged. I'll give you a hint...

27/10 in the first 7 games of this season isn't exactly a surprise.

You are obviously grossly misinformed and dont take history of a player into account. Why not look at before those last 24 games? Where Yao was up and down and inconsistant?

So since he played 24 games at the end of last year well and hes so far played 6 games or so well this year, that proves hes not going to be inconsistant? Has he even proven a half seasons worth of consistency yet? NOPE.

I usually cheer for Yao but now i cant wait for him to fall on his face...

XxNeXuSxX
11-14-2006, 05:40 PM
And for shaq to eat 30 rodeo burgers a day.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
And for shaq to eat 30 rodeo burgers a day.

beats not being able to go outside during heavy winds $.99 cent :roll: :roll:

ClutchCityReturns
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
You are obviously grossly misinformed and dont take history of a player into account. Why not look at before those last 24 games? Where Yao was up and down and inconsistant?

So since he played 24 games at the end of last year well and hes so far played 6 games or so well this year, that proves hes not going to be inconsistant? Has he even proven a half seasons worth of consistency yet? NOPE.

I usually cheer for Yao but now i cant wait for him to fall on his face...

Again this shows you know NOTHING about Yao or his history. I cited the last 24 games of last season because he had just returned from getting an infected toe operated on you giant douche bag. Anybody who actually follows his game would know this. He had been playing with a big toe that was literally dying on the inside and he was constantly playing in pain because of it. It had been that way for close to a year. He got it fixed and then decided to go on a rampage across the league over his last 24 games. Then he went to the World Championships and continued that play. Now he's 7 games into the season and still hasn't missed a beat.

So it's actually 31 NBA games in a row now that he's averaged 26.7 points and 11.6 rebounds. Look around the league and find me another player who has averaged that over a 31 game span. I'm willing to bet it's a prime Shaq, and I guarantee it's a guy with an MVP to his name. Yao is doing something very special and it's obvious to everyone else. But I guess that's just because he's shooting those little jumpers really well, right? :roll: Get a clue, numbnuts. You're getting owned by everybody that enters this thread.

Smokee
11-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Again this shows you know NOTHING about Yao or his history. I cited the last 24 games of last season because he had just returned from getting an infected toe operated on you giant douche bag. Anybody who actually follows his game would know this. He had been playing with a big toe that was literally dying on the inside and he was constantly playing in pain because of it. It had been that way for close to a year. He got it fixed and then decided to go on a rampage across the league over his last 24 games. Then he went to the World Championships and continued that play. Now he's 7 games into the season and still hasn't missed a beat.

So it's actually 31 NBA games in a row now that he's averaged 26.7 points and 11.6 rebounds. But I guess that's just because he's shooting those little jumpers really well, right? :roll: Get a clue, numbnuts. You're getting owned by everybody that enters this thread.

HAhaha why wont your stupidass look at the last few years and iinstead of trying to emphasize the last 1/5 of last season and the first few games of this one? I'll tell you why, because you cant handle reality and want to convince yourself Yao is now going to average 20/10 all season just because hes played well the first 2 weeks of this year.

So when Yao falls on his face and doesnt do **** i hope your man enough to come here and admit how retarded of a Yao-homo, err i mean homer you are.

JSub
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
HAhaha why wont your stupidass look at the last few years and iinstead of trying to emphasize the last 1/5 of last season and the first few games of this one? I'll tell you why, because you cant handle reality and want to convince yourself Yao is now going to average 20/10 all season just because hes played well the first 2 weeks of this year.

So when Yao falls on his face and doesnt do **** i hope your man enough to come here and admit how retarded of a Yao-homo, err i mean homer you are.

Behind all those ":roll:" emoticons, I can sense a little boy with tears welling up in his eyes. You probably havent been owned this hard since the day the doc picked you up by the legs and smacked your ass in front of mommy.

Kobe24
11-14-2006, 05:58 PM

Rookie season : 13/8 in 29 mins
Sophmore season: 17/9 in 32 mins
Third season: 18/8 in 30 mins
fourth season: 22/10 in 34 mins
this season: 27/13 in 34 mins

Notice the trend? He keeps on improving in less than 35 mins each season. He already got 22/10 in his fourth season, granted it was 57 games but he did it for 57, why wouldn't he have done it for the rest of the 25 games if he was healthy? He has better teamates now and is now the focal point of the offense and he has gained more mass. I don't really see how you can hate yao, humble and dedicated. What makes you think he's gonna fall on his ass? :confusedshrug:

ClutchCityReturns
11-14-2006, 05:59 PM

What a novel idea.

A player getting better every year of his young career, then finally coming into his own in his 4th season. Who would have ever imagined such a thing? Especially a guy that came from a completely different culture socially, and a level of athletic competition that pales in comparison to even the weaker conferences in NCAA basketball. :hammerhead:

What's next? Kevin Garnett isn't a great player because he took 4 seasons to average 20 and 10? Or is it because he's not fat? :roll:

I really hope for your sake that you're doing all this naysaying strictly for attention. Otherwise, there may be no hope for you.

ElPigto
11-14-2006, 06:10 PM
What a novel idea.

A player getting better every year of his young career, then finally coming into his own in his 4th season. Who would have ever imagined such a thing? Especially a guy that came from a completely different culture socially, and a level of athletic competition that pales in comparison to even the weaker conferences in NCAA basketball. :hammerhead:

What's next? Kevin Garnett isn't a great player because he took 4 seasons to average 20 and 10? Or is it because he's not fat? :roll:

I really hope for your sake that you're doing all this naysaying strictly for attention. Otherwise, there may be no hope for you.

LOL!!!!

DANG THAT WAS COLD!!! :D

:bowdown:

Took the words right out of my mouth honestly. It's funny, he just keeps typing nonsense. How does one type so much nonsense? Eventually you'd think he leave, but nope he continuously is getting owned. Sort of reminds me of the time JPR was owned by Kblaze and was never heard of again, except this guy keeps insisting on stupid things.

Smokee: "Well, why are you just pointing out those 24 games, why not the whole season?"

ClutchCity: "He had a toe infected for nearly a year. He was playing in pain, lucky he was even out there. After the surgery he went on a tear."

Smokee: "Well, why not look back since he was in the league?"

Clutchcity: WHAT THE HELL!?!?

EricForman
11-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

]

and one has a few millions homeless homers in LA and NY backing him up

EricForman
11-14-2006, 06:27 PM
as usual both sides are being ridiculous.

to the yao haters, it's time to accept yao as the best center in the league

and to the yao loving guys, stop acting like the gap between yao and zach randolph is like between Nash and Eric Snow.

Hell, Zach randolph was dropping 22 and 10 two years ago, when Yao was still dropping mediocre numbers, so to put Zach up there with Yao ain't as ridiculous as you make it out to be. Yao is a better player, but the gap is more like-- Kobe Bryant to Ray Allen gap. Not the huge gap you guys make it out to be.

By the way, Dwight Howard will surpass Yao in a year or two, serious. But Yao sitll has my respect, for him to do what he did, is amazing.

BFRESH44
11-14-2006, 06:29 PM

and to the yao loving guys, stop acting like the gap between yao and zach randolph is like between Nash and Eric Snow.

Hell, Zach randolph was dropping 22 and 10 two years ago, when Yao was still dropping mediocre numbers, so to put Zach up there with Yao ain't as ridiculous as you make it out to be. Yao is a better player, but the gap is more like-- Kobe Bryant to Ray Allen gap. Not the huge gap you guys make it out to be.

By the way, Dwight Howard will surpass Yao in a year or two, serious. But Yao sitll has my respect, for him to do what he did, is amazing.

Good post.

bagelred
11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Yao owns Shaq?

What a terrible thing to say. Slavery was abolished in the 1800's my friend. Wake up man!!!

Smokee
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
LOL!!!!

DANG THAT WAS COLD!!! :D

:bowdown:

Took the words right out of my mouth honestly. It's funny, he just keeps typing nonsense. How does one type so much nonsense? Eventually you'd think he leave, but nope he continuously is getting owned. Sort of reminds me of the time JPR was owned by Kblaze and was never heard of again, except this guy keeps insisting on stupid things.

Smokee: "Well, why are you just pointing out those 24 games, why not the whole season?"

ClutchCity: "He had a toe infected for nearly a year. He was playing in pain, lucky he was even out there. After the surgery he went on a tear."

Smokee: "Well, why not look back since he was in the league?"

Clutchcity: WHAT THE HELL!?!?

Goddamn get his **** outa your mouth. Youre like his prison*****.

All these f'in excuses for Yao, and yet dude hasnt even had a half seasons worth of consistency while you clowns are ready to name him MVP :roll:

If we're 3/4's the way into the season and Yao is averaging 20/10 then mebbe you can talk MVP. Talking MVP 2 weeks into the season is stupid fanboy wishful thinking :pimp:

04mzwach
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
This is no surprise. I knew he was going to have a break-out year even though you can't call it a breakout year because he was actually playing close to this level last season. The injuries is what hurt him. Yao is the man, he could be the best center of all time if he works hard on his game and continues to grow because he has the size, weight and soft touch to be unstoppable.

EDIT: WOW, ARE U SERIOUS? U DONT THINK YAO COULD TAKE MVP?? U ARE A LITTLE CRAZY MAN, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS HE CAN PUT UP DUDE. U CAN'T TELL HE'S THE REAL DEAL? AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T GET INJURED, HE'S GOING TO BE MAKING FOOLS LOOK SILLY ALL SEASON.

rezznor
11-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Goddamn get his **** outa your mouth. Youre like his prison*****.

All these f'in excuses for Yao, and yet dude hasnt even had a half seasons worth of consistency while you clowns are ready to name him MVP :roll:

If we're 3/4's the way into the season and Yao is averaging 20/10 then mebbe you can talk MVP. Talking MVP 2 weeks into the season is stupid fanboy wishful thinking :pimp:

22/10 last season dude...

Snow
11-14-2006, 08:31 PM
The injuries is what hurt him. Yao is the man, he could be the best center of all time if he works hard on his game and continues to grow because he has the size, weight and soft touch to be unstoppable.

Are you being sarcastic or are you really, truly this stupid? There's a lot of unwarranted hate for Yao but with posts like these it's no wonder there is a backlash.

xtrm
11-14-2006, 08:50 PM

but the yao whose dropping medoicore numbers 2 yrs ago made it to the playoff

it doesn't mean that both having the same number this season equals to both players are in the same level

1) yao gets double team everytime
2) his team have a better record
3) ZACH is like Shareef when he was with grizzlies, nice stats that doesn't mean anything to a team

1987_Lakers
05-11-2013, 02:43 AM
Is it just me or is Yao Ming becoming a forgotten NBA player? There was a time when he was arguably the best center in the league, I still remember how he use to own Dwight Howard in their match ups.

KOBE143
05-11-2013, 03:45 AM
Yao >>>> Douche Howard.. Its not even close