PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce: "We ain't goin back to LA!"

The_Yearning
06-06-2010, 11:04 PM
He said it at the 2-3 min mark when Gasol pushed Perkins down.

Dude is a Inglewood GOON for life :oldlol:

RandomBalla55
06-06-2010, 11:05 PM
He said it at the 2-3 min mark when Gasol pushed Perkins down.

Dude is a Inglewood GOON for life :oldlol:

:oldlol: :oldlol: if this is true.

Sadly, that's a kiss of death. Lakers can expect a Game 6.

06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
And they probably are not. I have a hard time envisioning Lakers winning in Boston Garden. They can't play a close game against the Celtics. Celtics always win close games against them because their D just prevails. So for the Lakers to win, they gotta have a comfortable lead, Kobe's gotta go off or something and I personally just don't see it happening.

The_Yearning
06-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Man you gotta love the TRUTH

BallsOut
06-06-2010, 11:09 PM
And they probably are not. I have a hard time envisioning Lakers winning in Boston Garden. They can't play a close game against the Celtics. Celtics always win close games against them because their D just prevails. So for the Lakers to win, they gotta have a comfortable lead, Kobe's gotta go off or something and I personally just don't see it happening.

You mean like when Kobe nailed a jumper in Ray Allen's face for the win in Boston this season?

BFRESH44
06-06-2010, 11:09 PM
N1gga has the worst shape-up game ever.

Who is this dudes barber?? :oldlol:

Swaggin916
06-06-2010, 11:10 PM

Yea cus it's not like the refs made bad calls or anything in the final minutes.

Gimme a break Boston has proved to be about as good at home as they have been on the road in the playoffs.... Lakers are winning one for sure. This series is going back to LA.

Paul Pierce is the last one who should be talking btw.

06-06-2010, 11:11 PM
You mean like when Kobe nailed a jumper in Ray Allen's face for the win in Boston this season?

That was regular season. Crowd in Boston will be crazy. I mean, the Lakers can win but it's gonna be hard, hard, hard.
And if they plan on winning, they better win game 3 or 4 because if they lose game 3 and 4, they have no chance whatsoever in game 5.

t-rex
06-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Didn't Pierce say something about closing out the Magic and not going back to Orlando?

sirkeelma
06-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Yea cus it's not like the refs made bad calls or anything in the final minutes.

Gimme a break Boston has proved to be about as good at home as they have been on the road in the playoffs.... Lakers are winning one for sure. This series is going back to LA.

Paul Pierce is the last one who should be talking btw.
Whenever a team is lose this is going to be the excuse. :hammerhead: Hope Joey Crawford will officiate @ game 3:roll:

jn2rons
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The TRUTH!!
Funniest thing I've read on here in a while.

kayla91
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Paul.....let's keep this in Boston for the win. Hoping, praying.....GREEN PRIDE!:bowdown:

akts
06-06-2010, 11:16 PM
PP dreaming, Dude has been invisible and talking Shyt.. We're coming back.
If it wasnt for allen going off they would be out 2 games.

Also the regular season games have been Playoff atmosphere games, don't know why you wouldn't consider them as important.

As for the Refs whatever, they fugg up calls all the time but tonight was halarious.

opps
06-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Phil knows how to get his team to play with composure in these situations. Remember game 7 against the Kings in 2002.

akts
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Dont worry they are gonna hire special guest ref Donaghy for this one. :D

ODEN>DURANT
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM

This is playoff Ball. Ray Allen Dagger. :bowdown:

Amil23
06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
My n1igga THE TRUTH

FinishHim!
06-06-2010, 11:24 PM

Don't hate on him for trying to bring back the wolverine style.

Meticode
06-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Oh you mean that regular season game that meant nothing for what's happening now?

OnceInADECADE
06-06-2010, 11:25 PM
u got 2 love this guy!! DUDE HAS A TERRIBLE GAME BUT STILL TALKS SMACK THAT IS WHAT U NEED A PLAYER REAL TALKS BRO

Qwyjibo
06-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I hope he gets stabbed.

sirkeelma
06-06-2010, 11:27 PM
You mean like losing the 2008 NBA Finals?

artex
06-06-2010, 11:29 PM

ahahahahah

his old barbershop won't let him in

jn2rons
06-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Don't hate on him for trying to bring back the wolverine style.

Ha... Me n the boys call him patches. Got a lil Red Foxx in his future, no doubt!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ynpXE4BgpGE/SNGHBWqXLSI/AAAAAAAAFLg/3xp_FyhUxgM/s400/Sanfordb.jpg

emsteez forreal
06-06-2010, 11:32 PM
phil's 46-0 when his team wins game 1.

MayCeltics
06-06-2010, 11:32 PM
The truth hurts. LA got all the phantom calls, and they still lost. *** the refs & *** phil jackass

Lebron23
06-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Ballsout = U Mad

Derka
06-06-2010, 11:40 PM
I like the balls it takes to say this. This is the Finals and this is what its all about.

As unlikely as anybody may think it to be, as insane as it sounds, I think this is the goal the Celtics need to set for themselves. Win these three games. The only flights that need to happen are the ones that carry a defeated LA team back home. This NEEDS to happen.

People have been up your ass ALL YEAR about being inconsistent on the home court. Well, these three games here are the most important ones you'll play all season on the Parquet. These three games prevents anyone from saying you can't hold down your home court anymore. Gotta get it done.

FinishHim!
[QUOTE=jn2rons]Ha... Me n the boys call him patches. Got a lil Red Foxx in his future, no doubt!
]QUOTE]
I mean who can really blame him when it helps him reel in dime pieces like this one. :roll:

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/PP_Celts_BDD.jpg

haha, but I do like Paul Pierce even though he's a dumbass at times.

catch24
Can't stand this idiot. I'd love to see his face if LA gets 2 out there.

Amil23
06-06-2010, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=jn2rons]Ha... Me n the boys call him patches. Got a lil Red Foxx in his future, no doubt!
]QUOTE]
I mean who can really blame him when it helps him reel in dime pieces like this one. :roll:

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/PP_Celts_BDD.jpg

haha, but I do like Paul Pierce even though he's a dumbass at times.
haha that ugly b!tch aint no dime:lol

artex
06-06-2010, 11:42 PM
haha that ugly b!tch aint no dime:lol

really we didn't know

thejumpa
06-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Nice to see my boy PP moving up from hoodrats to dime pieces. You teenage boys couldn't handle all that women. Keep it pimpin, P.

FinishHim!
06-06-2010, 11:45 PM
really we didn't know
gotta love people who can't sense the most obvious sarcasm.

YAWN
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
would love for LA to win 3 in Boston :lol

Batz
06-06-2010, 11:48 PM
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~zuses1/i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

FinishHim!
06-06-2010, 11:49 PM
LA's gonna take 1 out of 3 IMO. If I had to guess which one I would say game4.

Derka
06-06-2010, 11:49 PM

Shit, that would go into high school history text books....=\

artex
06-06-2010, 11:50 PM
gotta love people who can't sense the most obvious sarcasm.

Sadly, he wasn't being sarcastic. Thank you though captain douchebag.

zORi
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Yeah, but I doub't it'll happen.

1 or 2 games. I expect Kobe to play better, but I expect the bench players (and role players) to play worse.

Point Blank
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM

lmao. him and Artestneed new barbers

catch24
06-06-2010, 11:52 PM

:oldlol: One can dream though! I'm hoping for two...Don't say it isnt plausible either...

sirkeelma
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Go back to LA Paul, Doc hides another $2000 at the Staples' ceiling.

iggy>
06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
is that as good as a guaransheed? :confusedshrug:

FinishHim!
06-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Or he could just pull a Sheed and walk around looking like he doesn't have a penny to his name.

AirGauge23
06-06-2010, 11:57 PM
I hope he gets stabbed.

:oldlol:

kayla91
06-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Or he could just pull a Sheed and walk around looking like he doesn't have a penny to his name.

Hey, hey.....Leave Rasheed alone.

First, Rasheed is the man....who cares about his hair or outside appearance. :lol Second, I want my man Rasheed to win his second ring.....because he helped my Pistons win against who....the Lakers...in 2004. :bowdown:

Been a Rasheed fan since he was with the Blazers. Very good player gets much respect from BAD BOYS fans!

FinishHim!
06-07-2010, 12:09 AM
I've always liked Sheed as well... And he's been a pretty good role player for them so far in the playoffs.. I just find that defensively his ability seems to have declined significantly. I don't know if it's due to an actual decline in skill or if he just decided that since he's not gonna play significant minutes, he's just gonna body and hack anyone who comes in the paint.

zORi
06-07-2010, 12:13 AM

I wonder if anyone told him about that giant baldspot??

Kiddlovesnets
06-07-2010, 02:18 AM
The truth speaks the truth...

godofgods
06-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Phil knows how to get his team to play with composure in these situations. Remember game 7 against the Kings in 2002.

Yes, he be callin Stern to fix it.

Force
06-07-2010, 03:29 AM
prediction is still the same as before the series...Lakers in 7 or Boston in 6.

bl2k8
06-07-2010, 03:30 AM
Kobe
fisher
Shaq
horry
Shaw

all could be counted on to not fold under pressure.

I only trust Kobe/fish and have about 65% of my trust in Pau. Other than that I don't expect these other dudes to hold up. Game 3 series is on the line for LA. I'm confident we win but regardless I think the series is on the line.

Splitz77
06-07-2010, 03:48 AM
If it wasnt for allen going off they would be out 2 games.

As for the Refs whatever, they fugg up calls all the time but tonight was halarious.

lol.. That's kind of like saying. "If Kobe wouldn't have hit his shots, you guys would have lost." OR "If Kobe wouldn't have air balled it and If artest wasn't their to clean up his mess, the Lakers would have lost."

Allen is the best shooter in the NBA, you say that like he was lucky to get that 32. Give the man his respect. He made your Lakers Defense look like shit.

Also, thats funny. Whenever a team loses, it was the refs fault. "But tonight was hilarious"?!?!? Are you ****ing stupid, This game was not that badly officiated, sure, their was some bad calls..but thier is every single game..get over it. YOu act like L.A. got the short end of the stick, why? Because they couldn't execute on offense..

What about that Block that Big Baby had on, i think it was Odom or Bynum. The ref called a foul when it was 100% clean. Or when Kobe went up for a jump shot in the paint, no one touched him, he kind of flailed his arms and he got the call. Quit acting like the Refs decided this game.. They make mistakes, but I'm sure as hell they weren't doing it on purpose you ****ing homo..

Magic Vinsanity
06-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Pierce talks too much. Somebody needs to stab him in the face again to shut his ass up :lol

Doko
06-07-2010, 05:19 AM
Pierce talks too much. Somebody needs to stab him in the face again to shut his ass up :lol

and yet he raped both your nickname and your avvy :lol

JohnnySic
06-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Good for PP if he said that.

Bye bye Lala land..............welcome to the War Zone.

http://www.manysmileys.com/files/M/Ru/Jr/MRuJrjYd21422133.gif

oh the horror
06-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Eh. Paul is doing what Paul does best, and that's talking. Im a firm believer in the fact that they will indeed return back to LA, and its probably going to be 2-2 at that point.

celtics_fan_97
06-07-2010, 06:30 AM
As much as i love the celtics their not gonna shut out the lakers at Boston....it will probably go to game 7 then have celtics win.

Hittin_Shots
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Eh. Paul is doing what Paul does best, and that's talking. Im a firm believer in the fact that they will indeed return back to LA, and its probably going to be 2-2 at that point.

They're going to miss a Boston game?

Bernie Nips
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM

Hey hey... I know Stern loves Kobe to bits, but surely he won't give him THAT much of a home court advantage.

Allstar24
06-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Well he's wrong. The Lakers had everything going wrong for them at the end of Game 2 to lose...that's not gonna happen again. I'm pretty confident that the Lakers will go to Boston and take 2 out of 3 games. This team responds well when they realize it's a must win situation. I'm pretty sure this time will be no different. They are winning Game 3.

Hittin_Shots
06-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Well he's wrong. The Lakers had everything going wrong for them at the end of Game 2 to lose...that's not gonna happen again. I'm pretty confident that the Lakers will go to Boston and take 2 out of 3 games. This team responds well when they realize it's a must win situation. I'm pretty sure this time will be no different. They are winning Game 3.

Is everything going wrong for them classified by Rondo destroyig them and a 50/50 out of bounds call going against them?

BallsOut
06-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Thanks Paul for being an idiot. You don't go out and make guarantees like that in any series. See Pierce's guarantee sweep of Magic in the ECF. A series that ended up going 6 games. Then see Mo William's guarantee this and last season for more details.

Those who make such remarks tend to have it turn around and bite them and their teams in the ass. Dude is still an arrogant deush. Would not be surprised to see him try and be a hero at home just to try and steal a potential finals MVP from Rondo just like he did from Allen in 08.

TrueRob
06-08-2010, 06:19 AM
The Lakers lost two consecutive road games in the Thunder series and the Suns series (games 3 & 4). The Lakers will probably be facing elimination in game 5.

oh the horror
06-08-2010, 06:29 AM
The Lakers lost two consecutive road games in the Thunder series and the Suns series (games 3 & 4). The Lakers will probably be facing elimination in game 5.

So Boston, as lackluster as they've played as well, and as crappy as the officiating has been thus far, is magically going to beat LA two games in a row in the finals? I doubt that dude.

Chances are higher that the next two will be another split.

Micku
06-08-2010, 06:29 AM
He didn't say that to the press, right? If so, then you guys are dumb for criticizing him because that's what players do. Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, and Wade done it. I think Shaq and Kobe done something similar publicly to the press.

JohnnySic
06-08-2010, 07:33 AM
He didn't say that to the press, right? If so, then you guys are dumb for criticizing him because that's what players do.
Yep.

Mirjalovic
06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Pierce tells the truth.., Lakers in 5.

ashbelly
06-08-2010, 12:53 PM

and yet he raped both your nickname and your avvy :lol

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Derka
06-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks Paul for being an idiot. You don't go out and make guarantees like that in any series. See Pierce's guarantee sweep of Magic in the ECF. A series that ended up going 6 games. Then see Mo William's guarantee this and last season for more details.

Except he really didn't say "we guarantee a sweep of the Magic." He said the Celtics wanted to end the series at home.

Hey, by the way...they did end up winning it at home in Game 6. Paul Pierce's prediction was right on the money.

lilo
06-08-2010, 12:57 PM
He didn't say that to the press, right? If so, then you guys are dumb for criticizing him because that's what players do. Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, and Wade done it. I think Shaq and Kobe done something similar publicly to the press.

Totally agree. Perhaps it was somewhat immature but he said this to raging Lakers fans who probably were shouting something at him when he was lifting a friend (Perkins) who was just knocked down by Gasol. Pierce shouted back. Who would not?

ashbelly
06-08-2010, 12:58 PM
So Boston, as lackluster as they've played as well, and as crappy as the officiating has been thus far, is magically going to beat LA two games in a row in the finals? I doubt that dude.

Chances are higher that the next two will be another split.

You haven't enough of Celtics games this Playoffs have you ??? Lakers are in the same Position as the cavs were in. Lakers might win Game 3 but lose all the remaining games.

DuMa
06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
nothing wrong with what he said. if lakers need motivation to beat the celtics, then they already lost.

All Net
06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
You haven't enough of Celtics games this Playoffs have you ??? Lakers are in the same Position as the cavs were in. Lakers might win Game 3 but lose all the remaining games.

Hardly comparable, L.A are a better team than any team they have faced thus far. It's hard to see either team winning two in a row against each other.

lilo
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Hardly comparable, L.A are a better team than any team they have faced thus far. It's hard to see either team winning two in a row against each other.

And how would you know that? Lakers have worse regular season record than both Cavs and Magic. So far the series follows Celtics - Cavs series scenario. Admittedly Lakers did look better than Cavs in the first two games but if the Celtics win today this would not be true anymore. What then? Will you concede that Lakers are doomed? I would not.

All Net
06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
And how would you know that? Lakers have worse regular season record than both Cavs and Magic. So far the series follows Celtics - Cavs series scenario. Admittedly Lakers did look better than Cavs in the first two games but if the Celtics win today this would not be true anymore. What then? Will you concede that Lakers are doomed? I would not.

Or you could argue this series is on track to follow Lakers/Nuggets series from last year. Same point

Regular season records is pointless to bring up here. You only have to look at the Lakers quailty to realise they are better than both Cavs and Orlando. Regular season doesn't mean shit, only thing it is good for is getting HCA and then championship teams like Boston it doesn't matter. Boston ended the regular season with 27 wins and 27 LOSSES..thats all you need to mention when people say about match-ups in the regular season.

Teams like Lakers and Celtics can and will win anywhere.

ashbelly
06-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Or you could argue this series is on track to follow Lakers/Nuggets series from last year. Same point

Regular season records is pointless to bring up here. You only have to look at the Lakers quailty to realise they are better than both Cavs and Orlando. Regular season doesn't mean shit, only thing it is good for is getting HCA and then championship teams like Boston it doesn't matter. Boston ended the regular season with 27 wins and 27 LOSSES..thats all you need to mention when people say about match-ups in the regular season.

Teams like Lakers and Celtics can and will win anywhere.

So you saying if the Lakers played cavs in the finals this year, they could beat them ??? What i was sure about was whoever won the CAVS vs Celtics Matchup was going to be hard to beat anywhere.. Mainly because both teams had the Best road record.. Celtics experience beat cavs though.

The_Yearning
06-08-2010, 01:40 PM
So you saying if the Lakers played cavs in the finals this year, they could beat them ??? What i was sure about was whoever won the CAVS vs Celtics Matchup was going to be hard to beat anywhere.. Mainly because both teams had the Best road record.. Celtics experience beat cavs though.

Are you serious?

No question.

AMISTILLILL
06-08-2010, 01:47 PM
prediction is still the same as before the series...Lakers in 7 or Boston in 6.

What the hell kind of prediction is that?

Cyclone112
06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
What the hell kind of prediction is that?

He doesn't realize that both games 6,7 are in LA.

TrueRob
06-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Are you serious?

No question.

I thought that the Celtics would be the Cavs biggest test in the post season. If the Cavs had won that series, I would be confident that they would go all the way. Cleveland is a good defensive team and they can keep up with the Lakers in the rebounding battle. They also would've had HCA and they were the best home team this year. Without the rebounding advantage, the Lakers are very beatable.

BallsOut
06-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Except he really didn't say "we guarantee a sweep of the Magic." He said the Celtics wanted to end the series at home.

Hey, by the way...they did end up winning it at home in Game 6. Paul Pierce's prediction was right on the money.

In case you didn't hear, he posted on his twitter account telling Boston to get their brooms ready after game 2.

ZenMaster
06-08-2010, 04:48 PM
In case you didn't hear, he posted on his twitter account telling Boston to get their brooms ready after game 2.

And in case you didn't hear, his account was hacked.

BallsOut
06-08-2010, 04:50 PM

I call BS. That's exactly something he would say as proven by what he said to Gasol in the last game. Dude was lying and you know it.

StacksOnDeck
06-08-2010, 04:51 PM

In case you didn't hear, that was damage control done by the Celtics org. Pierce said it and lied and said it was hacked. How can you hear what he said just a few days ago and come to the conclusion that his account got hacked? It's exactly what he would type.

Edit: co-sign ballsout

ZenMaster
06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I call BS. That's exactly something he would say as proven by what he said to Gasol in the last game. Dude was lying and you know it.

Except for the fact that the tweet was sent when he was sitting at the press conference after the game taking questions from reporters...

Amil23
06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
In case you didn't hear, that was damage control done by the Celtics org. Pierce said it and lied and said it was hacked. How can you hear what he said just a few days ago and come to the conclusion that his account got hacked? It's exactly what he would type.

Edit: co-sign ballsout
lol why that post confirms my thoughts of you:lol :rolleyes:

thejumpa
06-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Except for the fact that the tweet was sent when he was sitting at the press conference after the game taking questions from reporters...

I love how people ignore this like it doesn't matter:roll:

Funnyfuka
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM

he looks like he has pubic hair on his jaw, that's nasty.

The_Yearning
06-08-2010, 05:47 PM
So what if dude tweeted it or not? (even though it got hacked)

Dude is the TRUTH. The Magic haven't earned anybody's respect yet.

Amil23
06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
So what if dude tweeted it or not? (even though it got hacked)

Dude is the TRUTH. The Magic haven't earned anybody's respect yet.
agreed he is the TRUTH and about the Magic

hotsizzle
06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Fisher's reaction

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=136778@kcbs.dayport.com

BallsOut
06-08-2010, 07:01 PM

and where's your proof for that? Were you at the press conference live? They usually delay those things you know. It doesn't take all but 10 seconds to make a tweet.

Solid Snake
06-08-2010, 07:04 PM

No one beats Pippen in that department. He had exactly ONE YEAR in his 17 year illustrious career in which his haircut wasn't wack. That was the year Jordan was gone, when he sported that little baby afro. Every year after that, his hair didn't know if it wanted to be a flat top, a box, a high top, whatever the ****.

ZenMaster
06-08-2010, 07:10 PM
and where's your proof for that? Were you at the press conference live? They usually delay those things you know. It doesn't take all but 10 seconds to make a tweet.

I'm the one who hacked his account.

Andrei89
06-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Fisher's reaction

:lol

branslowski
06-08-2010, 07:51 PM
lol @ LeBron hacking ppl's account because he cant make statements in the Finals himself...

Allstar24
06-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Fisher's reaction

Haha nice. Fish is going to have a great game. He usually shows up big on the road but I expect him to play exceptionally well tonight. He looks pissed off.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
That was regular season. Crowd in Boston will be crazy. I mean, the Lakers can win but it's gonna be hard, hard, hard.
And if they plan on winning, they better win game 3 or 4 because if they lose game 3 and 4, they have no chance whatsoever in game 5.
crowd in boston is always crazy for lakers/celts

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
lakers are winning tonights game. bank on that sh!t.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-08-2010, 08:03 PM
nah the press conferences have been airing live...maybe shell out the money for the some cable u fcking clown.

BallsOut
06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
nah the press conferences have been airing live...maybe shell out the money for the some cable u fcking clown.

Why you mad tho :lol

Lamar Doom
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM
didn't read the thread. has anyone acknowledged that it would be funny if the lakers won all 3 in boston and pierce was right?

laalaa
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Fisher's reaction when asked about jetlag :roll:
It's not like this is the first time we're in the finals...:applause:

1-1, its doubtful a team in this series would win 3 in a row, let alone 4.
I'm guessing Paulina Pierce meant to say Lakers will get the job done in 5.

The odds were just too good for the Lakers and my first hunch is usually correct. Thusfar this post season I havent lost a single bet, though the record is 3-0, 4-0 if the Lakers play like they should for full 48 minutes. They've relied on Allen and Rondo. Lakers have probably the toughest 1-2-3, Fisher - Bryant - Artest. Defensively Fish plays great team-d but has a hard time in 1 on 1 with quicker and more athletic players...He's a veteran who steps up in the finals each year, we shall see if he'll hit another miracle game winner or affect the results in a different way, he's a leader with unique ability to make things happen on and off the court fundamentally.

Rondo is the X-factor for Boston, the cpt better rise up to the challenge. He sure looks confident, the team is ready to regain the lead.

artex
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
didn't read the thread. has anyone acknowledged that it would be funny if the lakers won all 3 in boston and pierce was right?

Hahaha, that would be too epic!!

Laker4Lyfe
06-08-2010, 08:48 PM
crowd in boston is always crazy for lakers/celts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

:pimp:

laalaa
06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Fisher's reaction when asked about jetlag :roll:
It's not like this is the first time we're in the finals...:applause:

1-1, its doubtful a team in this series would win 3 in a row, let alone 4.
I'm guessing Paulina Pierce meant to say Lakers will get the job done in 5.

The odds were just too good for the Lakers and my first hunch is usually correct. Thusfar this post season I havent lost a single bet, though the record is 3-0, 4-0 if the Lakers play like they should for full 48 minutes. They've relied on Allen and Rondo. Lakers have probably the toughest 1-2-3, Fisher - Bryant - Artest. Defensively Fish plays great team-d but has a hard time in 1 on 1 with quicker and more athletic players...

He's a veteran who steps up in the finals each year, we shall see if he'll hit another miracle game winner or affect the results in a different way, he's a leader with unique ability to make things happen on and off the court fundamentally.

Rondo is the X-factor for Boston, the cpt better rise up to the challenge. He sure looks confident, the team is ready to regain the lead.
A few big shots from Fisher in the 4th, 3

KenneBell
06-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Wrong thread.

KenneBell
06-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Oops.

laalaa
06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
The crystal ball is quite easy to read

VishaltotheG
06-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Maybe he meant "We're going to lose in Boston" :confusedshrug:

laalaa
06-09-2010, 12:14 AM
As for now it would seem Paulina was correct, unfortunately he didnt know exactly what he was talking about, exactly the opposite he originally meant. More guarantees from Pierce please:roll:

kobesabi
06-09-2010, 12:47 AM
He has to, Doc River stashed $2,700,000 above the ceiling this time. But Mamba will slither it out. :D

Maybe he's saying he will lose on purpose for Lakers in Celtics own court.

rfm767
06-09-2010, 12:48 AM
:lol There's a chance PP is still right. :lol :lol

jmill
06-09-2010, 02:01 AM
The truth speaks the truth...

Whoops

cured
06-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Can't fault a guy for trying to fire his team up. but really both teams should just stop with the easy bulletin board material.

Pilgrim Kobe does not approve.

Doranku
06-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Can't fault a guy for trying to fire his team up. but really both teams should just stop with the easy bulletin board material.

:oldlol: :roll: :applause:

jasonresno
06-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Paul Pierce is the TRUTH. And I believe him.

Lakers in 5.

monkeypox
06-09-2010, 02:21 AM

It was idiotic when Bynum looked past the Suns, and it's stupid now for Paul. Has he not learned from Mo Williams that guaranteeing games just makes you look stupid? Even if it comes true you end up looking like an ass. They beat the Magic pretty legitimately, but because Pail Pierce started popping off about sweeps he looks stupid because they took it to 6.

DDensity
06-09-2010, 04:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6A_d2U4rA

tumer_t
06-09-2010, 04:51 AM
pierce learned a new lesson in the life. never get too confident or kobe might make u regret.

mamba24
06-09-2010, 05:23 AM
As for now it would seem Paulina was correct, unfortunately he didnt know exactly what he was talking about, exactly the opposite he originally meant. More guarantees from Pierce please:roll:

Alot of guarantees from the celtics...paulina has got the home one and KG has the back to back titles which include this year and next. So lets see if 1/2 is possible or 0/2 the likely scenario

MaxFly
06-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the jinx, Paul...

oh the horror
06-09-2010, 06:11 AM
While you can appreciate the confidence, you still have to respect your opponent. ESPECIALLY when they're the defending world champions....its never a good idea for anyone to make these types of statements anywhere, at ANY time...it makes you look foolish when you're wrong.

When Bynum made his little remark regarding the Suns, and Paul here for his...it just isnt a good look.

kNIOKAS
06-09-2010, 06:11 AM
this is all fun you get, fakers fans. **** you.:cheers:

The_Yearning
06-09-2010, 08:20 AM
We'll see how mentally tough Boston is within the next two games.

Grey Dawn
06-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, Pierce can still be right but it'll be because LA will win all 3 in Boston...:lol

Johnni Gade
06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Aww. But they are going back...

Kingwillball
06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, Pierce can still be right but it'll be because LA will win all 3 in Boston...:lol

I don't even think U believe that..This series is Going 6 or 7 guaranteed.

chopchop20
06-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Phil Jackson said that Paul might be right.... If LA won all 3 in Boston! :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Grey Dawn
06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't even think U believe that..This series is Going 6 or 7 guaranteed.

Yeah, not really, more of a tongue in cheek statement. Though I don't know what to think, both teams have so much ability but sure do tend to slack off for extended periods.

Kevin_Garnett_5
06-09-2010, 02:59 PM
pierce learned a new lesson in the life. never get too confident or kobe might make u regret. Kobe? :roll:

Pha Q
06-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Kobe? :roll:

Ur team is down 2-1 stop talking please :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

crisoner
06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I hope the series doesn't go back to LA as well!

LAKES!!!!!!

BallsOut
06-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Pierce is all talk. Artest keeping that ass in check just like the good old days in Indiana.

gts
06-10-2010, 02:02 AM
lakers fans should go to LAX and welcome the celtics back

sublime
06-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Paul "Willis Reed" Pierce is such an idiot. He seems to have a habit of looking like a fool during the finals. Excluding Celtics' fans, does anyone actually like this guy?

monkeypox
06-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Eh after hearing the description it doesn't sound that bad. It sounds like he just yelled the comment to some lakers fans after the game. IMHO what Bynum said and what Mo Williams said the last two playoffs is was worse.

StacksOnDeck
06-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Eh after hearing the description it doesn't sound that bad. It sounds like he just yelled the comment to some lakers fans after the game. IMHO what Bynum said and what Mo Williams said the last two playoffs is was worse.

Bynum at least backed it up.

High Roller
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
lakers fans should go to LAX and welcome the celtics back

Disaprine
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Paul Pierce is the TRUTH. And I believe him.

Lakers in 5.
god i hope so

The_Yearning
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
The TRUTH.

FlashDwyaneWade3
06-18-2010, 03:53 AM

zizozain
06-18-2010, 04:05 AM
The_Yearning The TRUTH
both as$holes and will be alwayes as$holes

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-18-2010, 05:36 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/da/fullj.da4e317cbb3e0d55ae4444d54ccdbc68/da4e317cbb3e0d55ae4444d54ccdbc68-getty-99856385mw134_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BallsOut
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
At least Pierce is right. They definitely ain't goin back to LA now. The truth :lol

BallsOut
07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Artest - "Now, if you're a star and you're talking trash, I'll talk back. All series long, Paul Pierce was talking: "You're a bum, you can't score, you can't guard me, I'm busting your ass."

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5417748

lmao Ron straight up wrecked PP :lol

FlashDwyaneWade3
07-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Artest - "Now, if you're a star and you're talking trash, I'll talk back. All series long, Paul Pierce was talking: "You're a bum, you can't score, you can't guard me, I'm busting your ass."

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5417748

lmao Ron straight up wrecked PP :lol
Pierce was another victim. SHUT DOWN!

BallsOut
07-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Here's more from Ron :lol :

"But I hit my stride in the playoffs. I shut down Kevin Durant, the NBA's scoring leader. I shut down whoever I shut down in Utah; they didn't have any stars at the 3. I shut down Jason Richardson. Shut down Paul Pierce. Three years straight, Paul Pierce is shooting 40.8% against Ron Artest. So, go ahead, tell me I'm slower. Tell me I can't play defense. Thank you."

triangleoffense
07-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't see why these athletics keep on giving their opposing team extra motivation, especially during the series against one another. If I was in the Finals and could literally smell the trophy next to me I wouldn't say a word, to anybody.