PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry vs Derrick Rose

Rowe
06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
If you needed a PG for your team heading into next season, which PG would you rather have?

I might be in a minority on this but I'd take Curry because his game can adapt to any offense that is being run. He is on pace to be the best 3PT shooting PG in NBA History.

Batz
06-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Derrick Rose without a doubt...

ReturnofJPR
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a horrible thread.

Dengness9
06-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Shit, I love steph curry, he is such a skilled offsensive player already. Loved him at Davidson too. Very bright future, he got that baller DNA from his pops.

Rowe you gotta understand tho that his stats are a bit inflated playing for Don Nelson and the Warriors. Besides a D'antoni offsensive, you won't find another offsense with such freedoms to JACK shots and then not be held accountable defensively.

Curry had a great rookie year but he isn't better than Rose, nor do I think he has anywhere near Rose's ceiling of potential.

We haven't got a chance to see Curry in the postseason, but we have gotten the chance to see Rose the last two years. Rose's game has elevated nicely when the playoffs coming around. And you have to mention that Rose has led as his team to the playoffs as a rookie and a sophmore.

Rowe, I know you hate the Bulls right now, but it's Derrick Rose hands down at this point. Curry is gonna have to get stronger, if he ever gets in the playoffs, teams are gonna concentrate on not letting him shoot the 3, so he'll he will have to be strong enough to continuously drive and take contact. He's smart though, and he'll make the needed adjustments.

BTW.... Rose would eat Curry alive 1 on 1

TrueDiesel3
06-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Derrick Rose, and it's not even close to being close.

thejumpa
06-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Right now I'd pick Rose but it's not a landslide like some people think. Curry has more basketball skill than Rose. Rose is more athletic. Curry is a far better shooter,passer, and has better footwork. Neither are that good at defense. Curry seems weaker than Rose as well. I feel bad for Curry because he will never win anything in GS as long as Nelson is the coach. Rose has more opportunies to actually win, therefore he will always look better.

Hiei
06-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Curry is just a future chucker who will camp the 3 line. Rose is a legit all star.

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Rose is better than Curry.

Better post would have been John Wall vs Derrick Rose.

Rowe
06-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Shit, I love steph curry, he is such a skilled offsensive player already. Loved him at Davidson too. Very bright future, he got that baller DNA from his pops.

Rowe you gotta understand tho that his stats are a bit inflated playing for Don Nelson and the Warriors. Besides a D'antoni offsensive, you won't find another offsense with such freedoms to JACK shots and then not be held accountable defensively.

Curry had a great rookie year but he isn't better than Rose, nor do I think he has anywhere near Rose's ceiling of potential.

We haven't got a chance to see Curry in the postseason, but we have gotten the chance to see Rose the last two years. Rose's game has elevated nicely when the playoffs coming around. And you have to mention that Rose has led as his team to the playoffs as a rookie and a sophmore.

Rowe, I know you hate the Bulls right now, but it's Derrick Rose hands down at this point. Curry is gonna have to get stronger, if he ever gets in the playoffs, teams are gonna concentrate on not letting him shoot the 3, so he'll he will have to be strong enough to continuously drive and take contact. He's smart though, and he'll make the needed adjustments.

BTW.... Rose would eat Curry alive 1 on 1

Thats nice to know considering basketball is a team game.:violin:

Rose is just a better athlete. Take the ball out of Rose's hands and hes nothing on the court, wishing for LeBron will make you realize this the hard way.

Rose didn't turn the Bulls around, Chicago in 08' had the lowest percentage ever to get the #1 pick. The Bulls without Rose were a borderline Playoff team and were just fine, with Rose they're still nothing more than a 8th seed.:roll: How about the Bulls advance to a 2nd round before you start your Rose love again.

Curry's team being unable to reach the Playoffs is irrelevant. The last time I checked the guy often considered the best PG in the NBA's team didn't reach the Playoffs either. Curry already had a better season than Derrick Rose did in 08'-09' as a rookie.

If it wasn't for Monta Ellis taking 20+ shots per game and dominating the ball with a high turnover rate, Curry would've averaged 25/10 this past season.

Rowe
06-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Rose is better than Curry.

Better post would have been John Wall vs Derrick Rose.
John Wall hasn't even played a NBA game, let alone gone through an entire season and gotten better through each month like Stephen Curry did.

Look at their season matchup:
Curry: 16 PPG 6.5 RPG 3.5 APG 44% from the field
Rose: 17 PPG 2 RPG 4.5 APG 34% from the field

Playing Golden State is the worst performances of Rose's season. Where was Rose at when Curry was dropping 3's in his mouth?

http://weblogs.cltv.com/news/local/chicago/derrick.jpg

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 03:48 PM
John Wall hasn't even played a NBA game.

And yet, I would take him over Rose and Curry in a heartbeat.

Rowe
06-12-2010, 03:49 PM
And yet, I would take him over Rose and Curry in a heartbeat.
:ohwell:

I'd take Selby over Wall. I think Wall is going to end up another Monta Ellis.

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 04:01 PM
:ohwell:

I'd take Selby over Wall. I think Wall is going to end up another Monta Ellis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfINBYmGD1A

HylianNightmare
06-12-2010, 04:08 PM
for the magic i'd take curry in a heartbeat, think of that stroke on the magic

jasonresno
06-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Playing Golden State is the worst performances of Rose's season. Where was Rose at when Curry was dropping 3's in his mouth?

Where was Curry at when Rose was averaging 28/7 in the postseason?
:confusedshrug:

DaniloGallinari
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Curry will be better. Just because Rose has the athleticism, it doesn't mean he has the clear pass to success. He still has a bad shot, and his PG skills are mediocre.

Curry was definitely incredible as a rookie. I loved watching this guy play. His PG skills are average at worst, AS A ROOKIE learning to play the NBA game.

His shooting stroke is beautiful and you're surprised every time he misses.

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Curry will be better. Just because Rose has the athleticism, it doesn't mean he has the clear pass to success. He still has a bad shot, and his PG skills are mediocre.
Rose's j inside the 3pt line is deadly.....better than Curry's %wise so idk what you're talking about

DaniloGallinari
06-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Rose's j inside the 3pt line is deadly.....better than Curry's %wise so idk what you're talking about

That's because Rose gets wide open looks. He gets played like Rondo. He has improved, but still nothing noteworthy. Are we comparing a shooter who gets smothered all the way to the half-court line, to a player that gets 3 feet of space?

BFRESH44
06-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Tyreke Evans will be better than both....

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 05:00 PM
give me the stud who had the 36 points in his playoff debut against a good defensive point guard................. ooo yea he also had 11 assist wow

BTW, REAL TALKS BRO!!

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Tyreke Evans will be better than both....

Why is that?

Millennium X
06-12-2010, 05:01 PM
a lot of idiots in here taking curry, Rose is much better. curry's stats are also inflated by gsw pace, all they do is run and jack up shots.

the real question is Wall vs Curry, both overrated prospects that will be on lottery teams for years to come

TMAC-RAPTORS
06-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Steph Curry for me. Does everything better. Shooting, passing, rebounding, arguably scoring too. Both are equally bad on defense but I would give the edge to Curry cause he racks up in the steals column.

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 05:06 PM
That's because Rose gets wide open looks. He gets played like Rondo. He has improved, but still nothing noteworthy. Are we comparing a shooter who gets smothered all the way to the half-court line, to a player that gets 3 feet of space?
Derrick gets dared to shoot 3's but anything else is challenged. He gets doubled more than Curry and Rondo combined.

2010splash
06-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Rose by far, I'll take the winner over the loser any day.

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Steph Curry for me. Does everything better. Shooting, passing, rebounding, arguably scoring too. Both are equally bad on defense but I would give the edge to Curry cause he racks up in the steals column.
So basically you're saying Curry is better than Rose at.......everything. Interesting perspective....but wrong.

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 05:11 PM
So basically you're saying Curry is better than Rose at.......everything. Interesting perspective....but wrong.

I don't know about everything, but he is definitely a better shooter than Rose. You are crazy to think otherwise.

jrong
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
This is a far more appropriate comparison thread for Rose than the other one currently on the board's first page.

jasonresno
06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't know about everything, but he is definitely a better shooter than Rose. You are crazy to think otherwise.
The only place on the court Curry can outshoot Rose is from behind the 3 pt line.

Rose has one of the best mid range jumpers in the game.

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 05:29 PM
By percentages who shoots better from mid range? At the rim?

Obviously Rose will never be the pure shooter from distance that Curry is.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
If you needed a PG for your team heading into next season, which PG would you rather have?

I might be in a minority on this but I'd take Curry because his game can adapt to any offense that is being run. He is on pace to be the best 3PT shooting PG in NBA History.

For PG, can I have John Wall?

If I had to pick between the two op, if I had a good team with good players ala Lakers, Celtics it would be Stephen Curry without question he arguably has the most range in the NBA. If I had a bad team, I would be Derrick Rose so he can make me at least respectable.

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 05:54 PM
For PG, can I have John Wall?

If I had to pick between the two op, if I had a good team with good players ala Lakers, Celtics it would be Stephen Curry without question he arguably has the most range in the NBA. If I had a bad team, I would be Derrick Rose so he can make me at least respectable.

Is this hate Towards Derrick Rose as an OJ Mayo fan or is this what u see and hear?

Cuz even if i had a stacked squad Rose will play off ball like how he did in his rookie season but was still valuble REAL TALKS BRO! WATCH THE 2009 PLAYOFFS WHERE HE WAS EATING RONDO. TOO BAD THE REFS DIDNT SHOW ANY RESPECT TO ROSE

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Is this hate Towards Derrick Rose as an OJ Mayo fan or is this what u see and hear?

Cuz even if i had a stacked squad Rose will play off ball like how he did in his rookie season but was still valuble REAL TALKS BRO! WATCH THE 2009 PLAYOFFS WHERE HE WAS EATING RONDO. TOO BAD THE REFS DIDNT SHOW ANY RESPECT TO ROSE

No hate on Rose. Just want I see. Curry would stretch the floor like no other on a really good team, because of his range. Making him a nightmare off the pick and roll especially with a guy like KG or Wallace that have nice range. If you go under with Curry fast release he will light you up.

That's why I got a lot of hate from Rondo/Celtics fans in the Rondo is the 3rd best player in the NBA. Because I said Curry was way more talented and he would be a nightmare for the Lakers if he was playing in the finals at the PG instead of the Rondo.

Rose has a good jumper, but doesnt have that 3 ball yet. If I already have a good team and guys who can create by themselves like Paul Pierce, then I need a pg that is very good and stretch the floor especially in pick and roll situations. If I had a bad team say any 35 win or less team, I would want Rose on my team since he is more of a gamebreaker.

edit- But I would plead for John Wall before either of the two, since Wall is going to revolunize the point guard position.

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 06:11 PM
No hate on Rose. Just want I see. Curry would stretch the floor like no other on a really good team, because of his range. Making him a nightmare off the pick and roll especially with a guy like KG or Wallace that have nice range. If you go under with Curry fast release he will light you up.

That's why I got a lot of hate from Rondo/Celtics fans in the Rondo is the 3rd best player in the NBA. Because I said Curry was way more talented and he would be a nightmare for the Lakers if he was playing in the finals at the PG instead of the Rondo.

Rose has a good jumper, but doesnt have that 3 ball yet. If I already have a good team and guys who can create by themselves like Paul Pierce, then I need a pg that is very good and stretch the floor especially in pick and roll situations. If I had a bad team say any 35 win or less team, I would want Rose on my team since he is more of a gamebreaker.

edit- But I would plead for John Wall before either of the two, since Wall is going to revolunize the point guard position.

Dude to me Derrick Rose already did that. How does John Wall revolunize the point guard position

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I definitely don't see Wall stretching the floor with his J.

burnsy87
06-12-2010, 06:32 PM
John Wall hasn't even played a NBA game, let alone gone through an entire season and gotten better through each month like Stephen Curry did.

Look at their season matchup:
Curry: 16 PPG 6.5 RPG 3.5 APG 44% from the field
Rose: 17 PPG 2 RPG 4.5 APG 34% from the field

http://weblogs.cltv.com/news/local/chicago/derrick.jpg

Did you just judge a players performance based on two games?

Thats like saying a baseball player is awful after 10 games.

burnsy87
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM

He gets space because if they don't give it to him, he will get to the hoop with no problem.

It isnt as if people just dont respect his shot.

Dengness9
06-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Alot of people still REALLY threatened by Derrick Rose.

2010splash
06-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Rose's midrange jumper is sick, anyone who says otherwise is seriously kidding themselves.

Think about it, teams know Rose's strength and the Bulls struggled with outside shooting and post scoring so obviously they'd all sag off and force him to shoot. He did that and made shots consistently, much better midrange game than Curry.

Curry is basically a glorified version of Gallinari. High pace offense that requires players to just run and shoot all day, nothing special here.

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 07:24 PM
By percentages who shoots better from mid range? At the rim?

Obviously Rose will never be the pure shooter from distance that Curry is.

That is because defenses concede the shot to Rose, whereas Curry does not get any light to shoot at all. As as matter of fact, defenses actually want Rose to shoot jumpers. Do you understand how basketball works?

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
He gets space because if they don't give it to him, he will get to the hoop with no problem.

It isnt as if people just dont respect his shot.

Of course it is. As a defense you have to make a choice between allowing a player to shoot jumpers or if you play up close you run the risk of him getting to rim. Rose's ability to get to the basket and finish is far superior to his outside shooting.

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 07:32 PM
That is because defenses concede the shot to Rose, whereas Curry does not get any light to shoot at all. As as matter of fact, defenses actually want Rose to shoot jumpers. Do you understand how basketball works?

They want Derrick Rose shooting because they dont want him to drive and get the lay in or a dunk plus the and-1 get it. BTW Derrick Rose is a sick jump shooter bro.

VishaltotheG
06-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Of course it is. As a defense you have to make a choice between allowing a player to shoot jumpers or if you play up close you run the risk of him getting to rim. Rose's ability to get to the basket and finish is far superior to his outside shooting.

So teams didn't want him to get to the rim so they "allowed" him to shoot 51% from the field? This can be said about any player but Rose actually hits his jumpers.

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 07:36 PM
They want Derrick Rose shooting because they dont want him to drive and get the lay in or a dunk plus the and-1 get it. BTW Derrick Rose is a sick jump shooter bro.

Yes, because his ability to drive is superior to his jumper, whereas Curry's outside shooting is superior to his ability to drive.

I am not arguing that Rose is a bad shooter, but it seems as if that is what you are interpreting. I am arguing that Curry is a superior shooter to Rose, and you are a fool if you think differently.

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, because his ability to drive is superior to his jumper, whereas Curry's outside shooting is superior to his ability to drive.

I am not arguing that Rose is a bad shooter, but it seems as if that is what you are interpreting. I am arguing that Curry is a superior shooter to Rose, and you are a fool if you think differently.

Are u also saying Curry is better than Rose?

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Are u also saying Curry is better than Rose?

No. If you read my posts in this thread I said Rose is a better player, but Curry is the better shooter.

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 07:43 PM

Rose gets space at the 3 pt line but never shoots it. Inside the three pt line he gets a lot of attention. He hits tough shots over all sorts of defenders.

Curry is an amazing shooter no doubt but don't act like he doesnt shoot a lot of open threes and transition threes.

OnceInADECADE
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
No. If you read my posts in this thread I said Rose is a better player, but Curry is the better shooter.

:eek: ok

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Rose gets space at the 3 pt line but never shoots it. Inside the three pt line he gets a lot of attention. He hits tough shots over all sorts of defenders.

Curry is an amazing shooter no doubt but don't act like he doesnt shoot a lot of open threes and transition threes.

It's probably less than you think it is.

Go Getter
06-12-2010, 08:03 PM
It's probably less than you think it is.
If you're shooting that many contested threes that=poor shot selection.

Sarcastic
06-12-2010, 08:20 PM
If you're shooting that many contested threes that=poor shot selection.

You saying Stephen Curry has poor shot selection? Or that he should only shoot on fast breaks or when wide open?

Lebron23
06-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Derrick Rose.

Bigsmoke
06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Right now I'd pick Rose but it's not a landslide like some people think. Curry has more basketball skill than Rose. Rose is more athletic. Curry is a far better shooter,passer, and has better footwork. Neither are that good at defense. Curry seems weaker than Rose as well. I feel bad for Curry because he will never win anything in GS as long as Nelson is the coach. Rose has more opportunies to actually win, therefore he will always look better.

i only agree with the shooting part.

Logical
06-12-2010, 11:31 PM

I agree.

What also impresses me about Steph is his attitude. He always seems to remain positive (despite playing for GS), focus on getting better, and be a good teammate/unselfish. Unlike Monta, who started out really great, but now he plays selfishly and complains about how he has to play with Steph.

jasonresno
06-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I agree.

What also impresses me about Steph is his attitude. He always seems to remain positive (despite playing for GS), focus on getting better, and be a good teammate/unselfish. Unlike Monta, who started out really great, but now he plays selfishly and complains about how he has to play with Steph.

D-Rose is one of the most humble incumbent franchise players I've ever seen. Rose gets grilled by his teammates for being too willing to pass the ball off and not trying to take over the team because he's afraid of hogging the ball. Wait til D-Rose comes truly into his own and realizes he's allowed to be the #1. :bowdown:

Rowe
06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I agree.

Exactly.

What people dont realize is how much Monta held back Steph Curry this season. Golden State gave Monta a lot more touches and put the ball in his hands more as their playmaker, what Monta did was take a lot of bad shots and turn the ball over trying to do too much. Monta is awesome in stretches, but he becomes a liability when playing basically the entire game.

Derrick can get to the basket easier than Curry. Hes a better penetrator and that does wonders for an offense with legit big men down low who can get some easy dunks down low. Curry just moved to the PG position, the upside for him to get better is just as high as Rose whos played PG his entire career and only is viewed as having a high upside because he has great athletic ability. Curry needs to get stronger this offseason to fight off the strong PG's in the West when they play him tight. Curry was not getting open 3's in transition like Go Getter claims, I watched nearly every Golden State game this season because I am up all night playing video games. How do you get open 3's in transition when you're the PG? :ohwell: Curry's 3's were almost always contested or when he moved around and got an opening to fire it off. Golden State's offense doesn't inflate stats. The offense doesn't revolve around big men so the wing players have to score the points. You think its easy to score in an offense where defenses know you have to score to keep it close?

Rowe
06-12-2010, 11:59 PM
D-Rose is one of the most humble incumbent franchise players I've ever seen. Rose gets grilled by his teammates for being too willing to pass the ball off and not trying to take over the team because he's afraid of hogging the ball. Wait til D-Rose comes truly into his own and realizes he's allowed to be the #1. :bowdown:
Wait till what?

Some guys just dont have that mentality to do that. There are few guys who have takeover ability in the NBA. You have to have enormous confidence in yourself to say "**** the rest of you, give me the ball". It all comes down to if you can takeover games and win more than you lose, Rose doesn't have the personnel around him to allow him to takeover a game and win a majority of the time. When you takeover a game and lose more than you win, you get labeled as a chucker. I think Rose is going to top out at like 25/8 as he starts to get superstar calls from the refs.

Go Getter
06-13-2010, 12:33 AM
You saying Stephen Curry has poor shot selection? Or that he should only shoot on fast breaks or when wide open?

No. I'm saying that if the vast majority of threes you take are contested then you need to consider utilizing your "rips."

Curry has and should have the green light from the coach. You never want to stifle a guy that can light it up like that,

Go Getter
06-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Curry was not getting open 3's in transition like Go Getter claims, I watched nearly every Golden State game this season because I am up all night playing video games. How do you get open 3's in transition when you're the PG? :ohwell: Curry's 3's were almost always contested or when he moved around and got an opening to fire it off. Golden State's offense doesn't inflate stats. The offense doesn't revolve around big men so the wing players have to score the points. You think its easy to score in an offense where defenses know you have to score to keep it close?

1. PG can get plenty of transition threes...all you do is shoot before the defense sets. Transition three's by guards is pretty common in uptempo offenses idk what games you watch.

2. Three's are bad shots [esp] when contested imo. IF all Curry's threes are contested as you claim then he needs to be shooting them less.

jasonresno
06-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Wait till what?

Some guys just dont have that mentality to do that. There are few guys who have takeover ability in the NBA. You have to have enormous confidence in yourself to say "**** the rest of you, give me the ball". It all comes down to if you can takeover games and win more than you lose, Rose doesn't have the personnel around him to allow him to takeover a game and win a majority of the time. When you takeover a game and lose more than you win, you get labeled as a chucker. I think Rose is going to top out at like 25/8 as he starts to get superstar calls from the refs.

That's the thing though. The second half of the season and into the playoffs Rose finally took over. He averaged something like 25 or 26 points the last half of the season and in the playoffs averaged 27/7 while getting absolutely NO calls. Once he starts getting calls his #s are going to blow up.

Maybe you just don't see enough of his games:confusedshrug:

Pharcyde
06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
That's because Rose gets wide open looks.

No he doesn't.

Pharcyde
06-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Rose is just a better athlete. Take the ball out of Rose's hands and hes nothing on the court, wishing for LeBron will make you realize this the hard way.
Rose played off ball a lot this year. I don't understand your infatuation with Rose becoming a spot up shooter with LeBron here.

Glide2keva
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I love how people watch maybe two of Derrick Rose's and act like they can better assess his game over guys who watched him all season.

If had to choose, I'd take rose at the point and curry at the two. I watched a lot a davidson game and steph's game very well. I was telling people was the steal of the draft, before the draft.

I'm a fan of both guys so I'm not taking sides on this.

Bigsmoke
06-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Curry isnt even the best player on his team that have won only 26 games.

get off his balls already.

Logical
06-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Curry isnt even the best player on his team that have won only 26 games.

get off his balls already.

I would take Rose, but it's close.

If Curry isn't the best on his team (btw he's was a Rookie), then who is?

Bigsmoke
06-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I would take Rose, but it's close.

If Curry isn't the best on his team (btw he's was a Rookie), then who is?

umm... u heard of Monta Ellis?

Logical
06-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Yep. I watched him play a lot these past 4 seasons. He was great when his mindset was to attack. Since his injury and big contract, he turns the ball over a lot and shoots way too many contested jumpers. When Curry is out there, the offense flows much better and they actually look to play team basketball.

In general this stat has it's flaws, but there might be a reason why Curry is much better in the +/- category. Curry played more minutes than Monta, but Curry was -184 in the +/-. Monta's +/- was -397.

bdreason
06-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I'll take Curry, but I'm a homer.

Rose has more upside, assuming he can continue to improve his outside shooting and court vision. I'de also like to see Rose attack the defenders body mroe often, instead of constantly going around.

Rowe
06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
That's the thing though. The second half of the season and into the playoffs Rose finally took over. He averaged something like 25 or 26 points the last half of the season and in the playoffs averaged 27/7 while getting absolutely NO calls. Once he starts getting calls his #s are going to blow up.

Maybe you just don't see enough of his games:confusedshrug:
Hes not going to be the only scoring option on his team though thats the thing. If Rose's numbers would blow up like that with legit scoring options on a much improved Bulls team, we're talking about Michael Jordan-esque production. I dont think anybody is expecting Rose's upside to be Jordan. If Rose is putting up 30 something points per game and they're still getting that ass spanked in the 1st Round, whats the use?:ohwell:

Rowe
06-13-2010, 07:12 PM
You do realize what Monta Ellis does?

Rowe
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Rose played off ball a lot this year. I don't understand your infatuation with Rose becoming a spot up shooter with LeBron here.
So what will Rose be doing in an offense built around LeBron as a Point Forward?

Name me one team that was successful with a Point Forward and a Point Guard, and neither had to compromise their game in order to co-exist. What do you do when you take the ball out of Rose's hands? How can Rose be a playmaker when hes not the one making the plays constantly? LeBron turns backcourts into shooting guards. Running Rose off of screens to get open mid range jumpers? Defenses aren't going to let him get anywhere near the basket btw because they respect his game enough at this point.

Rowe
06-13-2010, 07:25 PM
1. PG can get plenty of transition threes...all you do is shoot before the defense sets. Transition three's by guards is pretty common in uptempo offenses idk what games you watch.
Curry doesn't get out in transition. When Curry gets the ball he brings it up the court to set up the offense. When Monta gets the ball he brings it up in transition to finish or dish it to the shooters spotting up. Curry actually kills the transition because he doesn't get up the court as a potential finisher around the basket because that isn't his strength. He usually trails behind waiting for the 3 if Monta hasn't A) Took a shot or B) Threw a pass to hot for Maggette. Monta on the other hand kills the half court because hes too stupid to realize defenses want him to keep shooting, they will give him as much room as he wants to take every single shot he wants. And he doesn't even realize hes being baited into hurting his own team. 48 minutes of Monta is unhealthy. Monta is the ideal 6th Man because taking a lot of shots when that is your role for the 2nd unit makes you a real threat.

This is why they dont work together.

2. Three's are bad shots [esp] when contested imo. IF all Curry's threes are contested as you claim then he needs to be shooting them less.
Thats the thing, he is the best PG at shooting 3's in the NBA in my opinion.

You work with what you do best.

Dengness9
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
So what will Rose be doing in an offense built around LeBron as a Point Forward?

Name me one team that was successful with a Point Forward and a Point Guard, and neither had to compromise their game in order to co-exist. What do you do when you take the ball out of Rose's hands? How can Rose be a playmaker when hes not the one making the plays constantly? LeBron turns backcourts into shooting guards. Running Rose off of screens to get open mid range jumpers? Defenses aren't going to let him get anywhere near the basket btw because they respect his game enough at this point.

My only hope can be that Lebrons signs in Chicago just so you see how ridiculous it is that you question Rose and Lebron playing together.

The number 1 reason why Lebron should pick the Bulls is Derrick Rose, plain, clear cut, and simple. How come mostly all Knick fans think that's a reason not to go to Chicago????? If your trying to find reasons not to go to Chicago, that EXCUSE should be last on the list. Those are 2 dominant ballplayers who love having the ball, but also are extremely unselfish and love to dish. Throw a 3 point shooter in there, gravy.

If Dwade and Lebron would work, how come Rose and LBJ wouldn't? Rose and Wade play very similar. The same things was said about Rose and Wade playing together, "they do the same things".

Well it's my belief that when you have players as talented and freakish as Rose, LBj, and Wade, you put them on the same team, they find a way to mesh, and dominate soon after.

Rose and Lebron would instantly be the best duo in the league if it happened. I'd take LBJ/Rose over Bosh/Wade, especially when looking at age.

Go Getter
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Curry doesn't get out in transition. When Curry gets the ball he brings it up the court to set up the offense. When Monta gets the ball he brings it up in transition to finish or dish it to the shooters spotting up. Curry actually kills the transition because he doesn't get up the court as a potential finisher around the basket because that isn't his strength. He usually trails behind waiting for the 3 if Monta hasn't A) Took a shot or B) Threw a pass to hot for Maggette. Monta on the other hand kills the half court because hes too stupid to realize Idefenses want him to keep shooting, they will give him as much Oroom as he wants to take every single shot he wants. And he doesn't even realize hes being baited into hurting his own team. 48 minutes of Monta is unhealthy. Monta is the ideal 6th Man because taking a lot of shots when that is your role for the 2nd unit makes you a real threat.

This is why they dont work together.

Thats the thing, he is the best PG shooting 3's in the NBA in my opinion.

You work with what you do best.
I

I'll have take your word for it I haven't watched much GSW basketball recently.

Rose is already the best point guards in the league at selecting and hitting good field goals.

People say he avoids contact and doesn't get to the line enough but why would he create contact when he doesn't get calls and has the body control to make difficult shots easily.

CHi1PriDe
06-13-2010, 09:15 PM
You'd be stupid to trade rose for curry. Rose all day.

thejumpa
06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree.

Yeah definitely. Although, I think a lot of that has to due with the fact that he is a rookie. Let's see how his attitude is 2-3 years from now. As long as Don Nelson is the coach, they will never win shit. They don't make trades, can't sign anyone worth-while, aren't built right, and their practice consists of offensive drills and scrimmage.

He really reminds me a younger Steve Nash. Maybe even Rondo with much better shooting skills.

i only agree with the shooting part.

Then maybe you should watch more of each player:confusedshrug:

Rowe
06-13-2010, 10:03 PM
My only hope can be that Lebrons signs in Chicago just so you see how ridiculous it is that you question Rose and Lebron playing together.
Wont happen.

The number 1 reason why Lebron should pick the Bulls is Derrick Rose, plain, clear cut, and simple. How come mostly all Knick fans think that's a reason not to go to Chicago????? If your trying to find reasons not to go to Chicago, that EXCUSE should be last on the list. Those are 2 dominant ballplayers who love having the ball, but also are extremely unselfish and love to dish. Throw a 3 point shooter in there, gravy.
Rose is dominant? Once again there is only 1 ball and 2 guys who are at their best when an offense is run through them.

If Dwade and Lebron would work, how come Rose and LBJ wouldn't? Rose and Wade play very similar. The same things was said about Rose and Wade playing together, "they do the same things".
Rose and Wade do not play very similar. Wake me when Rose is the strongest SG in the NBA, is a premier defender, hit 3's, and can hit game winners if needed. Secondly, DWade and LeBron wouldn't work which is exactly why its not going to happen. Its because they overlap each other on the court. Each player is so great because of what they do with the amount of touches and their roles on offense. What happens when you put them together? Only 1 guy can shine each time up the court. Both guys benefit each other by taking pressure off of each other, but that doesn't mean they make each other better players. Look at the failure of Iverson/Carmelo. You can not run an offense through 2 wing players unless their games are polar opposites. LeBron and Wade are more similar than they are different.

Same thing happens would happen with Rose/LeBron. The difference is that Rose would probably be willing to change his game to accomodate LeBron, and that would hurt Rose's value as a player. If Rose cant do what he does best, then how good is he on the court? Defenses will still respect his game, but his impact will be much different because the ball wont be in his hands enough to do damage.

Well it's my belief that when you have players as talented and freakish as Rose, LBj, and Wade, you put them on the same team, they find a way to mesh, and dominate soon after.

Rose and Lebron would instantly be the best duo in the league if it happened. I'd take LBJ/Rose over Bosh/Wade, especially when looking at age.
Once again, when did Derrick Rose join the category of Wade & LeBron?:ohwell:

Dengness9
06-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm done talking to you since you just admitted Wade and Bron wouldn't work on a court together. I never said they would choose to play together, but if they did it would be a very dominate sight. Your are retarded.

Rowe
06-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm done talking to you since you just admitted Wade and Bron wouldn't work on a court together. I never said they would choose to play together, but if they did it would be a very dominate sight. Your are retarded.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/binoculars.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4663)

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Rose's Advantages:
freakish athletism
size/strength/winspan
driving ability

Curry's Advantages:
shooting
reading passing lanes
playmaking for others/himself
pick and roll game

talent for talent you have to pick Rose he was #1 pick for a reason where Curry went #7 due to question marks. However, given the right situation like if they both played for the Lakers or Celtics I would much rather have Curry running the show if they were already a guy that can get his own shot off like Kobe or Pierce.

Birmingham1955
06-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Rose

TheTruth11
06-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Rose all day. There is no way that Rose should be compared to Curry. You can learn how to shoot but you can never learn how to be a freakish athlete. Curry can never be Rose but Rose can do everything Curry does and more.

And there is no way Rose should be compare to John Wall.... a guy who has yet to play one play in the NBA game. But for good measure, Rose has one of the quickest "first steps" in the game, jumps higher and runs faster than Wall.... plus, more importantly, Rose is a winner. On what we can compare .... HS to HS and college to college .... Rose won back to back Championships in HS. John Wall didn't win a single one. Rose took a less talented Memphis team all the way to the Championship game in college. Wall couldn't even get his team (filled with NBA players) to the Final Four. And yet, the disrespect continues.

NCAA Tournament:

Rose = 20.8 points, 6.5 rounds, 6 assists on 2 turnovers
Wall = 14.5 points, 5 rebounds, 7.8 assists on 4 turnovers

Rose faced: D.J. Augustine (Texas), Russell Westbrook (UCLA), Mario Chalmers (Kansas), Kalin Lucas (Michigan State) and Darren Collison (UCLA)
--- ALL NBA PLAYERS and/or future NBA PLAYERS.

Wall faced: Justin Tubbs (East Tennesse State), C.J.Harris (Wake Forest), Louis Dale (Cornell), Joe Mazola (West Virgina's back-up PG)
--- ALL PLAYERS JUDGED TO BE "WITHOUT" NBA POTENTIAL

Rose had the better numbers and he did it against better competition

Rose took his team to The Championship Game

Wall could not get his team past the Elite 8

Rose has proven that he is Rose. A once in a decade (once in a generation?) player who deserves the right to stand on his own and not be compared to anyone except other all-stars. Come back at us if Curry makes an All-star team. Hit me back if Wall finally does something more than just get hype. Hit me back if Wall finally wins something.

Otherwise, Rose stands on his own.

OnceInADECADE
06-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Rose's Advantages:
freakish athletism
size/strength/winspan
driving ability

Curry's Advantages:
shooting
reading passing lanes
playmaking for others/himself
pick and roll game

talent for talent you have to pick Rose he was #1 pick for a reason where Curry went #7 due to question marks. However, given the right situation like if they both played for the Lakers or Celtics I would much rather have Curry running the show if they were already a guy that can get his own shot off like Kobe or Pierce.

WOW U CANT BE SERIOUS!! Rose has playmaking ability too. He has the ability to take over games like your boy John Wall and he also has an underrated pick n roll game. His midrange jump shot is one of the best in the league and dont be surpised if he gets a 3point shot next year:bowdown:

OnceInADECADE
06-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Rose all day. There is no way that Rose should be compared to Curry. You can learn how to shoot but you can never learn how to be a freakish athlete. Curry can never be Rose but Rose can do everything Curry does and more.

And there is no way Rose should be compare to John Wall.... a guy who has yet to play one play in the NBA game. But for good measure, Rose has one of the quickest "first steps" in the game, jumps higher and runs faster than Wall.... plus, more importantly, Rose is a winner. On what we can compare .... HS to HS and college to college .... Rose won back to back Championships in HS. John Wall didn't win a single one. Rose took a less talented Memphis team all the way to the Championship game in college. Wall couldn't even get his team (filled with NBA players) to the Final Four. And yet, the disrespect continues.

NCAA Tournament:

Rose = 20.8 points, 6.5 rounds, 6 assists on 2 turnovers
Wall = 14.5 points, 5 rebounds, 7.8 assists on 4 turnovers

Rose faced: D.J. Augustine (Texas), Russell Westbrook (UCLA), Mario Chalmers (Kansas), Kalin Lucas (Michigan State) and Darren Collison (UCLA)
--- ALL NBA PLAYERS and/or future NBA PLAYERS.

Wall faced: Justin Tubbs (East Tennesse State), C.J.Harris (Wake Forest), Louis Dale (Cornell), Joe Mazola (West Virgina's back-up PG)
--- ALL PLAYERS JUDGED TO BE "WITHOUT" NBA POTENTIAL

Rose had the better numbers and he did it against better competition

Rose took his team to The Championship Game

Wall could not get his team past the Elite 8

Rose has proven that he is Rose. A once in a decade (once in a generation?) player who deserves the right to stand on his own and not be compared to anyone except other all-stars. Come back at us if Curry makes an All-star team. Hit me back if Wall finally does something more than just get hype. Hit me back if Wall finally wins something.

Otherwise, Rose stands on his own.

Somebody called me?

Yes Rose is nasty REAL TALKS BRO! If i could pick any point guard in the NBA Derrick Rose would be the player. Stephen Curry is getting overrated

Bigsmoke
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Then maybe you should watch more of each player:confusedshrug:

i watched all 82 Bulls games this season and had witness Steph's talent from all of those TNT games the Warriors be having and from what i saw, there is no comparison..Rose is a much better player. And again, his team sucked ass and he's not even their best player. so chill

thejumpa
06-15-2010, 03:07 AM
i watched all 82 Bulls games this season and had witness Steph's talent from all of those TNT games the Warriors be having and from what i saw, there is no comparison..Rose is a much better player. And again, his team sucked ass and he's not even their best player. so chill

Same old shit..."Rose is much better", "Currys team sucked and he's not their best player". That's all you have said. Well, it's obvious that you didn't pay attention to those GS games. Rose is better but like I said, I don't believe it's a landslide and I can give reasons as to why.

I like Ellis but he's a chucker. He likes to iso and score. Kinda like a smaller Melo with worse playmaking abilities. In terms of PG play and running an offense, give me Curry over him anyday.

Go Getter
06-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Same old shit..."Rose is much better", "Currys team sucked and he's not their best player". That's all you have said. Well, it's obvious that you didn't pay attention to those GS games. Rose is better but like I said, I don't believe it's a landslide and I can give reasons as to why.

I like Ellis but he's a chucker. He likes to iso and score. Kinda like a smaller Melo with worse playmaking abilities. In terms of PG play and running an offense, give me Curry over him anyday.

Rose runs the Bull's offense just fine.

People like to nitpick his game without knowing the Bull's situation.

Rose doesn't have a pick and roll player to play with and Salmons [while with us], Kirk, and Pargo all had sup par shooting season.

Teams keyed in on Rose and he still got the job done...not sure how Curry would respond to that type of pressure.

thejumpa
06-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Rose runs the Bull's offense just fine.

People like to nitpick his game without knowing the Bull's situation.

Rose doesn't have a pick and roll player to play with and Salmons [while with us], Kirk, and Pargo all had sup par shooting season.

Teams keyed in on Rose and he still got the job done...not sure how Curry would respond to that type of pressure.

Slow down and read....

I was talking about Curry and Ellis. I would take Curry over Ellis because he can run an offense better and has better playmaking skills.

pahisc
06-15-2010, 04:39 AM
TheTruth11, if Rose died in a car accident, would you commit suicide? Just curious.

Bigsmoke
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
:no:

TrueRob
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I like Curry more. I'm not saying he's better than Rose, but I prefer Curry's skill set, he fits better on most teams. Curry vs. Rose is kinda like Chauncey Billups vs. Steve Francis back in the day. In the early 2000s, I bet people on here would be saying Francis >>>>>> Billups. But, look at where Chauncey is now and look at where Francis is. Curry's skill set will age better.

Stuckey
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
haven't seen much of curry but i doubt any pg can drive as well as rose

i'd take wesbrook over both