PDA

View Full Version : -2010 Boston Celtics Appreciation Thread-

dbugz
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks Boston Celtics for giving us a memorable season, eventhough you guys didn't win it all, as a Celtics fan I'm still proud of these guys! :pimp:

Cs' pride! :pimp:

sbw19
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Pushed us to the limit, and without Perkins. On the road. Hate them to death, but gotta respect them, they played their tails off and showed many why they're a great team.

Oh well, Lakers repeat!! :pimp:

kayla91
06-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Guys that gave it ALL in this game

Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace
Rajon Rondo
The entire Celtics Bench

NO THANKS TO RAY ALLEN who cost them the game! 3 for 15......:mad: :banghead:

Celtsin6
Congrats on the championship buddy. Classy post. Fans like you deserve it.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Jeannot
I think we played great, and I love 'my' team.
I didnt think Bryant deserved to be player of game 7
though, to me it was definately Artest. Gasol didnt played
basketbal, but drew fouls, making iligal baskets and just ennoys me.
But Laker team - Gasol, respect.

Wally450
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey at least the Celtics are the best team in the east lol, But seriously, great season guys.... you proved me wrong, i didnt think youd make it this far. Thank you for a great season, and see you in 4 months

Celtsin6
06-18-2010, 12:05 AM
So proud of this team. Great season guys. :cheers:

jlauber
Someone had to lose...but Boston and their fans can be proud of this effort.

Congrats to a great performance!

Scoooter
Uh, they lost. :confusedshrug:

OrlandoAnderson
06-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Yea good work team on making it to the finals and taking it to 7 .. EAST CONFERENCE BEASTs of 2010 ..

Just a lil concerned , can anyone tell me the odds/probability of the team staying together next year.. for example.. will we still see Paul, Kevin , Ray in a celtics jersey.. And what about Sheed how long is his contract for? I don't really mind if Nate goes he played well for us but deserves some playing time somewhere.. but the main 5 im concerned for is Paul, Ray, Kg, Rondo, Sheed.. anyone shed any light?

Kiarip

Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace
Rajon Rondo
The entire Celtics Bench

Basically what he said.

I was pleasantly surprised when the Celtics started playing so strongly against the Cavs in their series, and have been rooting for them ever since to get to the finals (admittedly I was rooting for the Lakers in the finals, but only because I knew how much ridicule Kobe would get around here if he didn't win, and also because the Celtics won the last time they met.)

Rajon Rondo... you are the man.

Noob Saibot
great season Boston for real, you surprised a lot people once again including myself.

jlauber
Thanks Boston Celtics for giving us a memorable season, eventhough you guys didn't win it all, as a Celtics fan I'm still proud of these guys! :pimp:

Cs' pride! :pimp:

Well said!:cheers:

PP34Deuce
I think we are in better shape than we think. I think Pierce and KG are still able to play consistently.
Ray Allen saved us game 2 but honestly unless he wants to stay for 4-6 mill, hes gone. He doesnt do much else but spacing

Qwyjibo
Burn in hell Boston. Burn in hell forever.

CelticBaller
06-18-2010, 12:07 AM
If you told a casual nba fan the Boston Celtics will go to the finals, They will say you're crazy. Im proud :cheers:

leopoldstotch
06-18-2010, 12:07 AM
congrats to boston on a job well done.

like i expected, they changed their game plan in game 7, and they almost pulled away the win.

PP34Deuce
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Yea good work team on making it to the finals and taking it to 7 .. EAST CONFERENCE BEASTs of 2010 ..

Just a lil concerned , can anyone tell me the odds/probability of the team staying together next year.. for example.. will we still see Paul, Kevin , Ray in a celtics jersey.. And what about Sheed how long is his contract for? I don't really mind if Nate goes he played well for us but deserves some playing time somewhere.. but the main 5 im concerned for is Paul, Ray, Kg, Rondo, Sheed.. anyone shed any light?

Odd man out is Ray. I expect next season Rondo to be the clear cut man and we are probably gonna mold this team around him

west
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
I have nothing to complain about, they gave their all.

J-Futuristic
This

leopoldstotch
not a celtic fan but .....

.... i would like to send a congratulations to boston on a war well fought. we all knew the celtics were undersized against the laker bigs, and they were able to fight and grind their way to the end.

Scoooter
I think we are in better shape than we think. I think Pierce and KG are still able to play consistently.
Ray Allen saved us game 2 but honestly unless he wants to stay for 4-6 mill, hes gone. He doesnt do much else but spacing
Yeah, Ray Allen needs to go. Useless.

OrlandoAnderson
06-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Odd man out is Ray. I expect next season Rondo to be the clear cut man and we are probably gonna mold this team around him

wtf dude, i asked a simple question.. will the big 3 still be there.. i don't give a **** about rondo he's a young superstar he's always gonna be around.. im talking about retirement bro.. whats the future looking like someone please answer this before i have to go.

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 12:11 AM
One of the defensive team in recent history...

Unfortunately our OFFENSE is not great.

kayla91
06-18-2010, 12:13 AM

AGREE!! Time for Ray Allen to go, far, far away. If he would have hit 7 for 15, the Celtics would have WON the game. Hands down.

He is the reason why the Lakers fans are celebrating tonight. They should make his ass walk back to Boston.:mad: :rant :banghead:

Jeannot
06-18-2010, 12:13 AM

Look at the difference between Boston fans and Laker fans.
Dont get me wrong, there are always bad people everywhere,
but an respectful laker fan is just rare to see.
You know I stayed up every game from 1 am - 3 am to 5 - 6 am.
Im a HUGE Celtic fan, and still you see me giving props to the Lakers.
(Exept Gasol, I really cant stand him, but that has nothing to do with him
being a laker)

t-rex
06-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Thank you Boston Celtics. You will always be my favorite team. Your pride, commitment and history is second to none in the NBA. Congratulations on a great 2010.

P.S.

If Perkins had played, we would have won. He is easily worth 4 points per game.:oldlol:

iggy>
06-18-2010, 12:15 AM
the bruins blow a 3-0 series lead to the flyers, blow a 3-0 lead in game 7. then the celtics blow a 3-2 lead against the lakers in the nba finals, after being up 13 in the 3rd quarter of game 7. sucks to be a boston fan right now :oldlol:

sbw19
Congrats on the championship buddy. Classy post. Fans like you deserve it.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks man. Hope to see Doc coaching next season, Rondo is a hulleva player. No doubt Cs will be contending for another title next season.

Sharmer
being a laker)

devastating loss for celtic being up 13 in the 3rd period........... congratulations laker fans

shadow
I have to say this came down to home court. I can't say for certain one team was better than the other. Not the prettiest series but both teams battled every step of the way, and a fitting ending in the sense that it was close to the final second.

Lets do this again next year :D

dynasty1978
06-18-2010, 12:17 AM
being a laker)

Well here's another respectful Laker fan coming to say "good show Boston." Don't trip on the younger posters...plenty of a-hole Celts fans as well, but it is what it is. Anyway, Lakers were just slightly better than Boston when it mattered and both teams would've been worthy champions. Chin up Celts fans, let's do it again next season!

Micku
06-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Great series. Good for the Celtics for being a 4th seed and then going to the Finals and then to a 7th game. Awesome. They played tough even without their starting center. Props.

LongBeachLakers
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM
thankyou boston for losing:cheers:

OrlandoAnderson
06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
the bruins blow a 3-0 series lead to the flyers, blow a 3-0 lead in game 7. then the celtics blow a 3-2 lead against the lakers in the nba finals, after being up 13 in the 3rd quarter of game 7. sucks to be a boston fan right now :oldlol:

sucks to be going to the philidelphia 76ers

Wally450
06-18-2010, 12:19 AM

The best news in Boston right now is that Wes Welker is already back on the field for the Patriots

lpublic_enemyl
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Great series. Good for the Celtics for being a 4th seed and then going to the Finals and then to a 7th game. Awesome. They played tough even without their starting center. Props.
you know what i hate them but i respect coming back from all the injuries and truly coming alive in the playoffs showing why they deserved to be there even alot of ppl had counted them out

OnceInADECADE
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
thankyou boston for losing:cheers:

fu too

iggy>
06-18-2010, 12:21 AM
sucks to be going to the philidelphia 76ers
your english sucks

dbugz
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
haters pls. keep away from posting on this thread.

If you don't have anything good to say just GTFO.

I hope it's not easy to understand the word "Appreciation" :banghead:

OrlandoAnderson
06-18-2010, 12:25 AM
your english sucks

so does evan turner

yea stfu or gtfo u crumb

iggy>
haters pls. keep away from posting on this thread.

If you don't have anything good to say just GTFO.

I hope it's not easy to understand the word "Appreciation" :banghead:
stop crying, ive witnessed alot more choking than you

Derka
We just watched Ray Allen's last game as a Boston Celtic unless he's ready to take a massive cut in pay...like, a $10 million one. Someone will pay him that money and he's going to take it.

Micku
06-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Props. I didn't think they would be able to push the Lakers this far, or even go to the Finals this season. Even though they lost, they should keep their head high for having a great season.

BALLin01
Oh man, I was rooting for these Celtics so hard. Can't be mad at them though, they layed it all on the line.

Congrats to the Celtics:cheers:

dbugz
stop crying, ive witnessed alot more choking than you

Dude just gtfo and stop trolling here.

Jeannot
Well here's another respectful Laker fan coming to say "good show Boston." Don't trip on the younger posters...plenty of a-hole Celts fans as well, but it is what it is. Anyway, Lakers were just slightly better than Boston when it mattered and both teams would've been worthy champions. Chin up Celts fans, let's do it again next season!

I know I said there were bad fans everywhere

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Anybody else feel that the 2010 Celtics were a better defensive team than the 2008 team?

I think so...but unfortunately our offense is as good as the 2008 squad.

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
We just watched Ray Allen's last game as a Boston Celtic unless he's ready to take a massive cut in pay...like, a $10 million one. Someone will pay him that money and he's going to take it.

don't blame ray he make the big 3 late and hit big FT in the 4th........ shooters will have big and poor nights, we got killed on the boards, we need another big,

if he didn't set a record in game 2 this series would of been over in 6- and he made big shots against cleveland and orlando.

our offence was really stagnate in the 4th- too much isolation plays........... we should of kept going to rasheed in the post

we had our chance after being up 13 in the 3rd- not closing out quarters is a killer........... i was worried when I saw close ups of PP and KG- they looked absolutely exhausted

TrueDiesel3
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Congrats for the Celtics in their playoff run in 2010, it's too bad it fell short to the Lakers. A team had to lose, and it had to be them...Sorry guys. Only one team can come up at the top at the end of the season.

Celtics upset the Cavs and Magic but couldn't upset the Lakers. They still fought hard and they still shocked a lot of people this post-season. Good luck in the future, and I hope to see your team again in the Finals.

Wally450
06-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I cant wait to see the fire the Celtics come out with next season, same team or not

Micku
06-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Anybody else feel that the 2010 Celtics were a better defensive team than the 2008 team?

I think so...but unfortunately our offense is as good as the 2008 squad.

Nah, it was their rebounding. Their rebounding wasn't as good.

TrueRob
06-18-2010, 12:40 AM
I wish people would stop bashing Ray, it's not his fault that Boston lost. They lost mainly because they were not able to keep up with the Lakers in the rebounding battle.

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Nah, it was their rebounding. Their rebounding wasn't as good.

Oh yeah that too....

AlexanderRight
06-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Right before the playoffs, I thought the idea of the Celtics beating both the Cavaliers and the Magic and making it to the Finals was laughable. But they proved me wrong. Congrats to the Celtics for a very memorable season. The blood, sweat, and tears they gave to make it to this stage is something you don't see from a lot of teams. Respect for them.

Derka
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
don't blame ray he make the big 3 late and hit big FT in the 4th........ shooters will have big and poor nights, we got killed on the boards, we need another big,

No, I'm sorry. I love Ray and I understand that shooters have bad nights, but you can't have a bad series in the NBA Finals and get paid $19 million. Not possible.

Had he shown up offensively, this series would have ended in Boston. I applaud his defensive effort this series and I applaud his effort...but he's a shooter. His job is to hit shots. If he can't do that for us, we need to find someone who will.

Blue_Dog45
06-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Great series Celtics fans, you guys have a great team too and had they won tonight they definietely would've deserved it. Hopefully we shall meet again. :cheers:

InsideGame
06-18-2010, 12:47 AM
**** the celtics... this thread is too soon, try again in maybe 30 minutes

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Absolutely incredible run by the Celtics this year. Who could have predicted, as the second half of the regular season came to a close, that the Celtics would be leading in the fourth quarter of a Game 7 in LA with the title on the line?

Certainly not me...

Great run.

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 01:28 AM
No, I'm sorry. I love Ray and I understand that shooters have bad nights, but you can't have a bad series in the NBA Finals and get paid $19 million. Not possible.

Had he shown up offensively, this series would have ended in Boston. I applaud his defensive effort this series and I applaud his effort...but he's a shooter. His job is to hit shots. If he can't do that for us, we need to find someone who will.

and what about PP against Cleveland.......... overall since the allstar break ray has done his job- yeah he fell short in the finals but what is killing is offensive boards & the isolation plays with KG and PP in the 3rd and 4th ........ why did doc go to this play? when davies and KG, sheed were doing great in the post!

I don't blame PP or Ray or any one individual- i think we had this game and we stopped moving the ball around in the 3rd period which opened up laker transition points.

I tipping ray to take a pay cut and we have should plenty of salary cap space- we need another big - and I do see this team as contender in 2011

man sheed was huge tonight- i feel bad for him he played great!!

heart broken - i give credit to the lakers fisher, artest did make big shots in the 4th.

kayla91
06-18-2010, 01:48 AM

Agreed....hands down :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :rockon:

Story Up
06-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Agreed....hands down :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :rockon:

And if Bynum was fully healthy, this series would have been a potential sweep.
If my aunt had balls, he'd be my uncle. If Kobe had a better game seven it would have been a blow out; if Boston fans weren't so classless they'd realize the better team won.

**** Boston, go back to your city we don't want you hear.
Last I heard tissue sales went up 60% in Massachusetts.

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 02:00 AM
If my aunt had balls, he'd be my uncle. If Kobe had a better game seven it would have been a blow out; if Boston fans weren't so classless they'd realize the better team won.

no class!

DuMa
06-18-2010, 02:02 AM
very tough loss for them to swallow. only thing tougher would be to lose via a game winner or a lucky basket. props to the Cs though. they almost beat every superstar in the NBA en route to the championship. and it wouldve been one of the greatest runs to the trophy ever. but they faltered and didnt have enough. still nothing to hang your head on... but its gonna be tough for them to swallow.

hoss805
06-18-2010, 02:11 AM
screw ray allen he was saying how this was one of the toughest loss of his career and how much it hurt, he didn't worry bout that when he kept on shooting 3's when they wopped the lakers arss, they were up by triple digits and kept shooting 3's, did he worry bout the way any laker felt, no class, they really disrespected other teams, this win was payback, and pierce should of kept his mouth shut saying the series wasn't coming back to LA or 'Orlando, so screw the celtics, GO LAKERS :rockon:

Derka
06-18-2010, 02:12 AM

And you have the nerve to say we have no class.

Get bent, you pantywaste.

InsideGame
06-18-2010, 02:24 AM
No offense, but there was no lakers appreciating thread in 08, or a magic appreciation thread in 09 right after the series winning game... quite pathetic

BarcaLakerfan
06-18-2010, 02:27 AM
No offense, but there was no lakers appreciating thread in 08, or a magic appreciation thread in 09 right after the series winning game... quite pathetic
Best comment on here!

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 02:31 AM

To be fair...getting beat by 39 in the series clincher wasn't something any fan would want to appreciate.

Boston loss but they made LA earned every second of it.

arcslnga
06-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Lovin how this series made it to Seven games now... The Lakers championship DVD 2010 will be more dramatic now!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Story Up
06-18-2010, 02:42 AM

Crying about officiating when it wasn't even the issue. Two teams stunk it up, LA at the end made big shots and your players couldn't do jack shit.

Quit crying *****.
I would have had a lot of class if I didn't see a bunch of cry babies complaining about the officiating when it wasn't even an issue this game. OMG there is a huge disparity at the line, so what? Watch the game, LA earned majority of them. Frankly, I don't need to congratulate Boston on this forum, I didn't see many Boston fans taking this loss like man, so why I should I show class to a bunch of fans who have no class anyways?

No.45
06-18-2010, 02:43 AM
wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Z6aTj4Ex0

Story Up
06-18-2010, 02:43 AM
To be fair...getting beat by 39 in the series clincher wasn't something any fan would want to appreciate.

I would have loves to see how Boston would have did this year if we had a healthy BYNUM; and you guys were missing Perks, Big Baby and Tony Allen. That's essentially how short handed LA was without Bynum in 08 and an injured Ariza.

LA_Showtime
06-18-2010, 02:48 AM
They played their hearts out. What more can you ask for? They were a rebound or two (or twenty) from completely changing the outcome of the game. Hell, a slutty blond girl could have coughed at an 89 degree angle and it could have completely changed the outcome. That's how close they were. It was a great series and I hope to see you guys in the Finals next year. Now you guys now what it feels like to be on the losing end. I'm sure you want revenge.

kayla91
06-18-2010, 02:55 AM
:wtf: :rolleyes:

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 03:25 AM
screw ray allen he was saying how this was one of the toughest loss of his career and how much it hurt, he didn't worry bout that when he kept on shooting 3's when they wopped the lakers arss, they were up by triple digits and kept shooting 3's, did he worry bout the way any laker felt, no class, they really disrespected other teams, this win was payback, and pierce should of kept his mouth shut saying the series wasn't coming back to LA or 'Orlando, so screw the celtics, GO LAKERS :rockon:

MORONIC FOOL- RAY HAD TO PLAY HARD 40 + MINUTES OFF COURSE HE WONT BE EFFECTIVE OFFENSIVELY PLAYING THOSE MINUTES.

hoss805
06-18-2010, 03:37 AM
MORONIC FOOL- RAY HAD TO PLAY HARD 40 + MINUTES OFF COURSE HE WONT BE EFFECTIVE OFFENSIVELY PLAYING THOSE MINUTES.
WHAT??
HE WAS EFFECTIVE GAME 2,
EXCUSES EXCUSES,:violin: :violin: :violin:

BOSTON FANS ARE RUDE, AFTER LAKERS LOST IN 08' THE BOSTON FANS MADE IT WORSE FOR THE LAKERS, THEY THREW ROCKS AT THE LAKERS BUS AND REALLY DISRESPECTED,
CELTICS COULDN'T CONGRATULATE THE LAKERS FOR BEATING THERE ASS, PHUCK THE CELTICS, YOU MORON
GO LAKERS :banana: :cheers: :roll: :applause: :applause:

InsideGame
06-18-2010, 03:38 AM

To be fair... since when does 1 game represent all of their work throughout the season? Some players have a bad nights and sometimes it falls on game 7's or other critical games

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 03:40 AM
WHAT??
HE WAS EFFECTIVE GAME 2,
EXCUSES EXCUSES,:violin: :violin: :violin:

BOSTON FANS ARE RUDE, AFTER LAKERS LOST IN 08' THE BOSTON FANS MADE IT WORSE FOR THE LAKERS, THEY THREW ROCKS AT THE LAKERS BUS AND REALLY DISRESPECTED,
CELTICS COULDN'T CONGRATULATE THE LAKERS FOR BEATING THERE ASS, PHUCK THE CELTICS, YOU MORON
GO LAKERS :banana: :cheers: :roll: :applause: :applause:

no class and no grace.

Undisputed
06-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Props to the Celtics. They fought until the end and exceeded my expectations in the play-offs.

brooks_thompson
06-18-2010, 04:17 AM
It was the most even meeting of (great) teams since 05.

kevin garnett really impressed me. a bit humbled from the injury, but his impact was not much less than it was in '08.

momo
06-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Ignore list any fool trolling this thread ISH. Seriously.

Great run Boston Celtics and Celtics fans. This squad went .500 after the all star break, dealt with injury's, rumors of Doc's departure, so on and so fourth & still came together with an awesome run when it mattered most.

Beat a young Bulls squad, a Cav's squad with the best record in the league & the reigning eastern conference champ Magic. Different guy stepping up every night.

crisoner
06-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Great job by the Celtics!!! Hope to beat you again next year! :rockon:

momo
06-18-2010, 04:44 AM
being a laker)

That guy is not a laker fan. Plenty of annoying laker fans, no doubt, but this guy is not a laker fan. No way no how.

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Great job by the Celtics!!! Hope to beat you again next year! :rockon:

Hopefully, Ainge and co. can make enough moves(better moves) to give us a another shot at it even with the current core of players.

1-1...a rubber match would be EPIC!

crisoner
06-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Hopefully, Ainge and co. can make enough moves(better moves) to give us a another shot at it even with the current core of players.

1-1...a rubber match would be EPIC!

HA! Yes it will. Good luck in the off season. And Celtic fans have nothing to be ashamed about. Great team.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-18-2010, 05:11 AM
HA! Yes it will. Good luck in the off season. And Celtic fans have nothing to be ashamed about. Great team.

Yeah, I can't see us making it back next year. Unless none of the big free agents go to the same team, we get a solid role player from the draft and use the MLE wisely.

Lebowski
06-18-2010, 05:23 AM
I have nothing to complain about, they gave their all.

+1

These playoffs really showed the heart and commitment of a champion. They deserved to win it. It did not happen that way but its not in lack of trying this time, they did face a really good team with one of the best players of all time leading them.

Thanks Celtics!

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 05:33 AM
+1

These playoffs really showed the heart and commitment of a champion. They deserved to win it. It did not happen that way but its not in lack of trying this time, they did face a really good team with one of the best players of all time leading them.

Thanks Celtics!

I made a thread here about Doc's subbing errors.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178479

You think his bench management somewhat cost us the game?

All Net
06-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Huge props to the Celtics and their fans. They had an amazing playoff run and surprised even their own fans I think with how they played at times. They certainly gave L.A huge problems and I think this series showed how key homecourt advantage really is having game 6 and 7 are so important in a series where the teams are so evenly matched.

mamba24
06-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Nah id probably do the same, Its game 7, you play your big guns, there's nothing more to play for.

The age=more fatigue got to them. Kobe who is 31 was out of breath imagine how Ray and KG felt out there.

blaze_itt
06-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Much props to this Celtics squad.. Series could have definitely went either way and they never quit to the end.. Amazing..

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Nah id probably do the same, Its game 7, you play your big guns, there's nothing more to play for.

The age=more fatigue got to them. Kobe who is 31 was out of breath imagine how Ray and KG felt out there.

Yeah, I know Kobe was out of breath in one of his last two FT shots that hit the front of the rim.

I think it's fine if your big guns didn't show any fatigue in the regular season or in playoff games like Game 4 of the ECF vs Orlando.

They were clearly out of gas, offensively, in the 2nd half.

Lebowski
06-18-2010, 06:58 AM

Well, maybe I would have given TA some more looks on Kobe. Not because Ray was doing a bad job, he was doing great. However it took too much out of Ray and we all saw how that affected his shooting %. Maybe a little rest from that assignment could have done Ray good.

Other then that it was fine by me. I mean, its game 7, if we loose its either Doc didnt use the bench enough or its Doc trusted his bench to much in a game 7.

JohnnySic
06-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks to my team for a memorable playoff run. :cheers:

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks to my team for a memorable playoff run. :cheers:

please celtics pick up a big center from the free agents........ 2011 we can get it.

the big three are will be 35 but they are still playing at a high level.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Honestly, what happens with Ray Allen next year? I'm generally not a fan of basing a singing on one playoff series (see: James Posey, Dahntay Jones), but outside of one game he was just awful.

OmniStrife
06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
They would've lost to the Suns in 6 at most.

boozehound
06-18-2010, 11:31 AM
**** that shit. this team was terrible down the stretch. Talk about offensively challenged. They deserve no praise for their season after the way they choked the last game away.

boozehound
06-18-2010, 11:32 AM
please celtics pick up a big center from the free agents........ 2011 we can get it.

uh, they have a big center? did you forget? Have you looked at the FA centers this year? none are even close to perk.

they had to spend the full MLE just to get sheed, no way haywood is available at that price.

boozehound
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Honestly, what happens with Ray Allen next year? I'm generally not a fan of basing a singing on one playoff series (see: James Posey, Dahntay Jones), but outside of one game he was just awful.
yeah, hes done imo unless he wants to come back in a lesser role. dude was terrible in this series outside game 2. a liability.

crisoner
06-18-2010, 11:34 AM

Shaq!!!

Ol Dirty Bastard
06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
This Celtics team can give any champion team from the past a run for their title. Hard fighting team.
I will always have respect for Ray Allen & KG:applause:

good run

EllEffEll
06-18-2010, 01:22 PM
:cheers: The Boston Celtics make being a Laker fan the experience that it is. One of the best rivalries in sport had another wild chapter added last night. I know the C's fans feel absolutely gutted and having been there more than a few times myself, it's totally understandable.

As a Laker fan, the most meaningful titles will always have to go through the Celtics and this one, once again, proved why.

I said before the series that the one thing that gave the Lakers their best shot was having HCA, and I think that may have made the biggest difference.

This was a heavyweight title fight between the two best teams. The history between them just added to the intensity. Everybody on both teams struggled at times, everybody had their bright spots and everybody left everything they had on the floor last night.

I wouldn't be too hard on your team. The difference between one side winning or the other was as slim as it gets. And being a Laker fan wouldn't be what it is without the Boston Celtics being our most hated, feared and respected rivals :cheers:

krazymofo
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Good Run Celts. Although, I still think Knicks will be seeing you guys at the ECF with Lebron in their squad if Cleavland doesn't land a wade. Hope you guys keep Ray 2010-2011 and please get rid of nate.

krazy19
06-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Lakers - Celtics 2011

cured
06-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Worthy champs, the Celtics. Came up short but displayed a lot of heart, toughness, and great team play.

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 06:52 PM
uh, they have a big center? did you forget? Have you looked at the FA centers this year? none are even close to perk.

they had to spend the full MLE just to get sheed, no way haywood is available at that price.

yeah but perk was hurt and the celtics need more depth

sheed was great in the post and made big shots but he isn't a real strong offensive/defensive rounder- in 08 celtics was the best rebounding team in 08 during the regularly season- this year they were one of the worst and it was their achllies heal in game 7.

i think sheed will retire- PP and Ray will take a pay cut- or ray may go sign some where else- they will have cap space.

they need a good big man with length to crash boards ,
it will be disaster to get rid of ray because this team is already has two non shooting guards tony allen and rondo and ray brings great defence, passing, and he spreads the floor.-

LA KB24
06-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Burn in hell Boston. Burn in hell forever. This.

No props from me, lol. :D

Kobe8
06-18-2010, 07:09 PM
This team is great , it had a lot of heart but it wasnt enough to beat L.A.
If this team sucked they wouldnt have to go to game 7 with the lakers, and they wouldnt even make the playoffs if they DID.

Thanks for makin the game challenging. - Phil

I love yall bytches in the world.

Pierce , Rondo was the Key.

Again , It was a great season for both teams.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-18-2010, 07:41 PM
This team is great , it had a lot of heart but it wasnt enough to beat L.A.
If this team sucked they wouldnt have to go to game 7 with the lakers, and they wouldnt even make the playoffs if they DID.

Thanks for makin the game challenging. - Phil

I love yall bytches in the world.

Pierce , Rondo was the Key.

Again , It was a great season for both teams.

:cheers: think I'll try and forget the regular season though :oldlol:

Balishag
06-18-2010, 09:10 PM
i dont think celtics fans should blame ray allen so much. he did have the toughest defense assignment out of any player on the court, and he did a damn good job defending kobe. Plus i dont think his poor shooting in certain games had anything to do with his age, i think it had more to do with fatigue guarding kobe.

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 09:37 PM
i dont think celtics fans should blame ray allen so much. he did have the toughest defense assignment out of any player on the court, and he did a damn good job defending kobe. Plus i dont think his poor shooting in certain games had anything to do with his age, i think it had more to do with fatigue guarding kobe.

fans should look at doc for going to isolation plays with PP and KG in the 3rd, and in the 4th the ball was out of rondo's hands and PP was playing the point.

ray won game 2- and this series would have been done earlier, plus made huge shots against Miami, Cleveland, orlando.

yeah he missed shots against LA- but doc had him playing too many minutes, what you expect from a jump shooter when they got no legs?

plus he still spread the floor and made some good assists.

i know if we played like we did in the first half with good ball movement no way LA would of won with their poor shooting %.

why was doc saying in time outs to move the ball? when he had isolation plays for PP and KG with high screen and roll ???

i am not mad at any player because THEY ALL PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.................. but doc did make a bad tactial error in the 3rd and 4th with too much isolation plays. ( that's crazy against laker length)

Gotterdammerung
06-18-2010, 09:41 PM
I appreciate the Boston Celtics' doggged determination, their dedication to team defense, and their chutzpah in overcoming the top two teams in the East and very nearly knocking off the more talented Lakers.

Doc Rivers turned into one of the very best coaches in the league this season. His substitutions, time-outs, coaching, adaptation to changing circumstances, maintaining a positive atmosphere, were hall-of-fame worthy.

I'm glad to see Rondo bloom magnificiently, and Allen to rediscover his stroke after the all star break, and PP to keep the team afloat through the downtimes.

That said, I have a couple of caveats:

KG is finished. He had only 3 friggin boards in the biggest game of the year. For a guy who used to average 14 boards a night, KG was astonishingly feeble. When Pau Gasol seemd to overpower him at will I knew his glory days were a distant memory.

Ray Allen, at 35, can't both guard the most dangerous scorer in the league and have the legs to hit the outside shot. This strategy killed Boston's chances of beating the Lakers.

Paul Pierce was stymied by Ron Artest's physical defense, but he could have gotten off with effective picks that screened artest, but the Celtics rarely ran them more than 2 or 3 times a game.

But Rajon Rondo should be heavily criticized for not developing a jumper despite being in the league for 5 years. Its nice that he can make layups, spin the ball off the backboard with excellent english, but that's merely a single weapon that you use on penetrations or transitions, which is only 1/5th of the game on offense. There's also the jumper, the set shot, the post up, etc.

When a defender is guarding you 10 feet away, daring you to take that open jumper, he is saying that you can't score from out there. Your offense is so bad he won't close the distance and contest your jumper, if you choose to take one.
Brutal. Rondo could have worked on his jumper any of these past 4 summers, but he obviously hasn't. And until he does, he won't be a viable centerpiece for Boston to rebuild around.

I'm sad that this is the Celtics' swan song, but nothing last forever.

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Ray Allen, at 35, can't both guard the most dangerous scorer in the league and have the legs to hit the outside shot. This strategy killed Boston's chances of beating the Lakers.

that's why tony allen needed more minutes, and why doc had to play nate when tony allen was on the floor because you can't have two non shooting guards at the same time with rondo and tony allen

Balishag
06-18-2010, 09:54 PM
fans should look at doc for going to isolation plays with PP and KG in the 3rd, and in the 4th the ball was out of rondo's hands and PP was playing the point.

ray won game 2- and this series would have been done earlier, plus made huge shots against Miami, Cleveland, orlando.

yeah he missed shots against LA- but doc had him playing too many minutes, what you expect from a jump shooter when they got no legs?

plus he still spread the floor and made some good assists.

i know if we played like we did in the first half with good ball movement no way LA would of won with their poor shooting %.

why was doc saying in time outs to move the ball? when he had isolation plays for PP and KG with high screen and roll ???

i am not mad at any player because THEY ALL PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.................. but doc did make a bad tactial error in the 3rd and 4th with too much isolation plays. ( that's crazy against laker length)

It was tough for either team to score in that game. FGs were very precious indeed. I dont think the iso to PP was necessarily a bad move, had he made a play doc woulda gone to PP again.

It was hard to move the ball around for both squads... both squads were playing shutdown defense. Like doc said, game 7 in the finals is a players game.. not a coaches game. In the end its the star players that dictate the outcome. I think PP was the only one who took that speech to heart, hence all the iso...

even tho im a laker fan, I honestly dont know how or why the celts lost in a game decided by defense. I thought sheed and davis filled in great for perkins, although you traded a bit more rebounding and defense for more offense. Tough loss either way...

But i give a lot of props to celtic fans for sticking around here even after the tough loss. I woulda shut down for the next 5 months from anything nba related. Hell... i couldnt even turn on sportscenter in 08 for about a year lol

AK47DR91
06-18-2010, 10:12 PM
It was tough for either team to score in that game. FGs were very precious indeed. I dont think the iso to PP was necessarily a bad move, had he made a play doc woulda gone to PP again.

It was hard to move the ball around for both squads... both squads were playing shutdown defense. Like doc said, game 7 in the finals is a players game.. not a coaches game. In the end its the star players that dictate the outcome. I think PP was the only one who took that speech to heart, hence all the iso...

even tho im a laker fan, I honestly dont know how or why the celts lost in a game decided by defense. I thought sheed and davis filled in great for perkins, although you traded a bit more rebounding and defense for more offense. Tough loss either way...

But i give a lot of props to celtic fans for sticking around here even after the tough loss. I woulda shut down for the next 5 months from anything nba related. Hell... i couldnt even turn on sportscenter in 08 for about a year lol

Each baskets were most definitely precious for both teams. Personally, I blame Doc's substitution errors for the loss. He's known to go with the flow of the game, and to me I think he went with the flow of the Celtics' defensive efforts. But failed to realized Ray and Pierce NEEDED fresh legs to put up points in the 2nd half. Game 4, Doc rode on the bench's great effort and it worked; Game 7, Doc rode on the C's defense and it cost him/us. Tony got 4 minutes and Nate got 5 minutes? They could have help Ray and/or Pierce get longer rest if Doc played those guys more.

As far as the feeling of defeat for being a fan...it's definitely painful right now and will be for a couple of months for die-hard C's fans. I went into a state of sadness for about a couple of months when the Patriots lost to the Giants at SB-42.

This Celtics squad pretty much saved me in terms of sports agony is concern when they won it all 4 months after Pats crushing defeat. So I got mad love for them, can't hate on any of the players.

Now if this was like 2008 scenario again, then the Red Sox would playing the role of the C's if they win the World Series. They can help cure this defeat. It's a tight race right now in the AL East, so who knows. :D

Sharmer
06-18-2010, 11:02 PM

tough loss to swallow- I had the celebrations starting in the 3rd- LA were gone.

doc stuffed up big time- PP & KG isolation has not been effective for the entire play off.

what was working great was rondo giving great passes to KG in the post- I cannot under why Doc went away from this

definite dagger heart piercing loss !

what doesnt kill makes you stronger

All Net
06-19-2010, 01:58 AM
I hope this isn't the last we see of this current Boston group. Alot depends on Ray returning. I still think if Doc returns they have at least one more run left in them.

Sharmer
06-19-2010, 03:46 AM
I hope this isn't the last we see of this current Boston group. Alot depends on Ray returning. I still think if Doc returns they have at least one more run left in them.

yeah fans/ management are fickle and have short memories-

their will be some big changes to the bench

PP KG Rondo will stay- not sure about Ray-

dutchguy
06-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Co-sign
please, one more year

flintstone
06-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats to the Celtics and their fans, that was fun to watch (ugly and all!). It looked to me like the "older" guys simply ran out of gas at the end, and were playing on fumes.

Two thumbs up for trying though :cheers:

veilside23
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
CONGRATS CELTICS. am proud. i dont want to blame anyone. i just hope the the celtics management will do their best to shape up the roster. obviously there is a work to be done. i hope they do it right. i am rooting for a 1-1 rubber match as well!

L.Kizzle
06-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace
Rajon Rondo
The entire Celtics Bench

Wow, so cause you miss shots you don't "Give Your All?"

SAKOTXA
06-19-2010, 07:16 PM
As much as i hate the Celtics, what they did in this year's playoffs was spectacular. Nobody expected them to get out of the second round, some even predicted they'll lose to Miami. :applause: on a great season.

Hawker
06-19-2010, 07:57 PM
They played their hearts out. What more can you ask for? They were a rebound or two (or twenty) from completely changing the outcome of the game. Hell, a slutty blond girl could have coughed at an 89 degree angle and it could have completely changed the outcome. That's how close they were. It was a great series and I hope to see you guys in the Finals next year. Now you guys now what it feels like to be on the losing end. I'm sure you want revenge.

lol Lakers fans will never know how it feels to be on the losing end.

BarcaLakerfan
06-19-2010, 10:15 PM
lol Lakers fans will never know how it feels to be on the losing end.
Huh what are you on about? dont you think we still remember the 2008 NBA Finals?

Hawker
06-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Huh what are you on about? dont you think we still remember the 2008 NBA Finals?

You guys still had like 13 rings or something. Just recently winning in '02. Don't give me that.

zizozain
06-20-2010, 01:25 AM

i don't know what's between you and story up
but you are the last person who talks about class, what makes you go to
Ron Artest appreciation and Congrats thread and post this :

Originally Posted by Derka
Why does this punk, thuggish, borderline illiterate piece of garbage get a sticky thread?

Great Run Celts .. lot of heart, came up short

Sharmer
06-20-2010, 07:23 AM

08 was a 39 point flogging of the lakers in game 6- much different compared to 2010: game 7 was in the control of the celtics for the most of the game and the hardest thing to deal with this loss is that the celtics were so close to the winning.

so close yet so far. :bowdown:

oh the horror
06-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Sometimes I fear we wont see a team like this again, given the new school ways of players these days...You have to appreciate a gritty hard nosed defensive minded team like these Boston Celtics.

Their style is literally a throw back to the 80s, and 90s basketball...and their veterans were just fun to watch...even when they're jawing and all.

They literally willed themselves to victories over several powerhouses in the east when NO ONE thought they were going to do much these playoffs...

They not only beat these "better" teams, but DISMANTLED them and made them LOOK HORRIBLE.

They sent Cleveland, and Orlando back to the drawing board and those teams will probably retool majorly. :lol :lol

I hope they get some better players, and can make another run. I really enjoyed watching them play for the past 3 seasons.

TheAnchorman
06-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Can somebody link me to any youtube mix of the boston celtics defense? I can't seem to find any except game highlights which are basically copied off of nba.com

crisoner
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/06/celebrities_hon.html?comments=all#readerComm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/june10sports/CelebAd.jpg

Splitz77
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I love my C's no matter what.

Great season, Great Post Season.

After a very lousy regular season, I didn't expect much, I will never lose faith in my team again. Even though they came up short, their champions to me.

DixieNourmous
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/06/celebrities_hon.html?comments=all#readerComm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/june10sports/CelebAd.jpg

R.I.P.

talk at ya
06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
08 was a 39 point flogging of the lakers in game 6- much different compared to 2010: game 7 was in the control of the celtics for the most of the game and the hardest thing to deal with this loss is that the celtics were so close to the winning.

so close yet so far. :bowdown:

Tell me about it, that's what makes this loss so depressing.

But I give my props, they had a great run, and I hope the team isn't gutted b/c I agree I think they've got one more year.

BlueandGold
06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

typical alcoholic beantown fans. The man put the Celtics on his back in game 2 and set a finals record with most three-pointers hit in a half and in a game. And then right away the entire celtic fanbase wants to ship him out of town. Nevermind that he won you guys a ring and nearly another and has played nearly every game he could possible in a Celtic jersey.

stay classy beantown

JohnnySic
06-22-2010, 07:47 AM
And then right away the entire celtic fanbase wants to ship him out of town.

Not me.

ihatetimthomas
06-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Celtics had an unbelievable year. A year where every critic said they were done. A year where young studs in Dwight Howard and Lebron James were supposed to rule the East. A year where they were supposed to fade away in to oblivion bc they were too old.

They proved to us that a team effort is still key in this league. They had one of the most balanced teams in the league. Played with great chemistry on offense and defense. It was a joy to watch them play defense. No one else in the league really played the D they did night in and night out.

Not sure what is to become of the Celtics bc they have a lot of question makrs this off-season. But props to them for playing team basketball and playing the game right.

Bosnian Sajo
06-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Great team, just could not get it done, the big 3 are too old.

foutz
01-15-2011, 05:24 AM
bastan all of the wayyyyyy

Manner
01-24-2011, 02:10 AM
I like Boston Celtics.
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/pierce-kg-and-allen.jpg (http://www.newnikejordans.com)