PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller says Evan Turner will be better than John Wall

TheTruth11
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Reg says that Evan Turner should go # 1 .... that Evan Turner has greater upside .... and that Evan Turner will be ROY.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/?eref=sihp

Rowe
06-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Reg says that Evan Turner should go # 1 .... that Evan Turner has greater upside .... and that Evan Turner will be ROY.

Reggie probably is right.

ashbelly
06-21-2010, 02:45 PM
He also forgot Turner has a chronic back problem and is older than john wall ? dude is a good player, if the injury doesn't slow him down. He will be lethal. But John wall Ceiling is so high and he's still young. Turner seemed to have built his game, he was in his junior year in college before the draft, while John Wall game will keep developing. in the long run i take Wall's Career will be more better.

Papaya Petee
06-21-2010, 02:48 PM
IMO he's stating the obvious. I think Evan Turner if doesn't get injuries will be a better player then John Wall.

Se
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd take Wall. Quickness, clutch, playmaking, defense.

Turner has a couple of red flags, while Wall has none.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
they also said Michael Beasley was a once in a decade talent. look how that turned out so far.

ashbelly
06-21-2010, 02:59 PM
they also said Michael Beasley was a once in a decade talent. look how that turned out so far.

OJ Mayo too, dude is entering the Bust Zone next season, if he doesnt produce. :oldlol:

I am that I am
06-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Same with Sebastian Telfair and OJ Mayo

Rekindled
06-21-2010, 03:01 PM
they also said Darko is the second coming of wilt, didnt turn out to be true it seems.

ZenMaster
06-21-2010, 03:01 PM

I thought you took the bet?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
OJ Mayo too, dude is entering the Bust Zone next season, if he doesnt produce. :oldlol:

define produce.

alexthegr8
06-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Why is this thread worthy again?

There are usually differing opinions about players at the top of the draft (throughout the draft even) if there is a viable alternative to the top player in a given draft year, so it's not shocking that someone would value Turner above Wall (especially a former shooting guard.) There were people who preferred Carmelo Anthony over Lebron James (at least they were on record as saying as much), there were people who liked Beasley over Rose, there were people who touted Camby over Iverson etc. etc. Nothing wrong with Reggie's opinion at all. I will say that I disagree with it, but he could be right.

One thing is for sure though, the OP has some creepy fascination with denigrating John Wall as a player. It's unhealthy really.

Grinder
06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
He also forgot Turner has a chronic back problem and is older than john wall ? dude is a good player, if the injury doesn't slow him down. He will be lethal. But John wall Ceiling is so high and he's still young. Turner seemed to have built his game, he was in his junior year in college before the draft, while John Wall game will keep developing. in the long run i take Wall's Career will be more better.

Are you retarded? He broke a few minor bones in his back on a freak accident and fully recovered after 3 weeks to win NPOY. How the hell is that chronic?

ashbelly
06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
define produce.

Lead his team to the Playoffs..

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Lead his team to the Playoffs..

agreed. It is time for him to produce. He has the pieces, Gay is leaving. Time to produce and get to the playoffs and make an impact. As Bill Parcells once said " potential means you havent done **** yet)

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Reggie Miller is an idiot and him saying that makes me think Wall will be better.

Swaggin916
06-21-2010, 03:23 PM

To me Wall is the same player as Rose/Westbrook. He will bring you basically the same things. Turner could end up being up being Paul Pierce... I think that's his ceiling... which is probably better than Rose/Westbrook but we have yet to see how good Rose/Westbrook can be.

basically I can see Turner being a 25/7/6 guy and Wall being a 20/5/8 guy. I mean both have the potential to be great players, but I think Turner could be a closer in the league... a guy you can count on in the closing minutes. I don't see Wall ever developing into that.

Posterize246
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Define "chronic back problems".

Sarcastic
06-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Evan Turner's release on his jump shot looks weird. He like over exaggerates with his fingers when he lets go of the ball. It seems like too much fingers and not enough wrist.

Se
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Why is this thread worthy again?

It's an NBA forum? It's the off-season?

fatboy11
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Is there supposed to be something wrong with that statement? Sounds like a reasonable prediction to me.

Little kids in here acting like Evan Turner is Kedrick Brown or something.

alexthegr8
06-21-2010, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=Se

GOBB
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM
What else has Reggie Miller predicted? I dont want the Sixers to be jinxed. :lol

Only thing Wall has on Turner is a cool dance. My mom can do the John Wall. :bowdown:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-21-2010, 05:48 PM

Playing along side gasol,gay, zbo and still manage to put up great numbers 2 yr straight is a bust?LOL

Samurai Swoosh
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM

I don't disagree ... he looks to be more athletic, tougher, better handle version of Brandon Roy. He's 6'7 and can play PG, SG, or SF. On the next level with more room to operate on an individual basis, he will be better.

GOBB
06-21-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't disagree ... he looks to be more athletic, tougher, better handle version of Brandon Roy. He's 6'7 and can play PG, SG, or SF. On the next level with more room to operate on an individual basis, he will be better.

NBA he can only play SG/SF, not PG. He could get by in college, not the pros. His handles arent up to snuff to be a PG at the next level yet.

Samurai Swoosh
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
NBA he can only play SG/SF, not PG. He could get by in college, not the pros. His handles arent up to snuff to be a PG at the next level yet.
Your opinion, that's cool. But I don't think it will take him long to adapt and work on that aspect to his game. He has strong handle for his size and position already. Played PG @ Ohio State numerous times. This isn't a SG like Kareem Rush we're talking about here. He can create off the dribble. Little added work, and he can do anything on the court.

RoseCity07
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I believe Turner will better as well. He reminds me of Tyreke Evans last year.

Samurai Swoosh
06-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I believe Turner will better as well. He reminds me of Tyreke Evans last year.
In terms of how underrated he is ... or do you mean his playing style? Cause the latter isn't alike.

hateraid
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Everyone is going off on "they" when they should be going off on Reggie Miller.

GOBB
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Your opinion, that's cool. But I don't think it will take him long to adapt and work on that aspect to his game. He has strong handle for his size and position already. Played PG @ Ohio State numerous times. This isn't a SG like Kareem Rush we're talking about here. He can create off the dribble. Little added work, and he can do anything on the court.

This isnt Kareem Rush? Oh excuse me. Think I entered the wrong thread. Anyway, not short changing Evan Turner. Just saying he has a ways to go before he can play PG at the next level. And by PG I mean bring the ball up and get an offense started. Handles and decision making need work and I agree I believe he can work and improve this. He did a good job taking on the PG duties for OSU but turned it over a great deal. Doug Collins mentioned Scottie Pippen had better handles than Evan Turner coming out of college. Pippen ended up a point forward. Turner has a ways to go but I believe he'll get there.

BlueandGold
06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Thabeet = next russell

Beasley = next carmelo

fail

TheTruth11
06-21-2010, 11:29 PM
I guess, it just seems so arbitrary. Are we going to have a thread when Kenny Smith declares his position on the subject? Charles Barkley? Craig Sager? I'm sure has some insighful things to say on the matter. What about Dicky V? It's a message board I know, but a little discretion would seem to me to be advisable when creating topics to keep the main board from being jumbled with frivolous things like this.

The guy with 37 posts is now the ISH police. Is not the draft coming up? Is it not the off-season? Is this not a basketball topic? Wasn't this worthy of being a headline story on SI ? Worthy of SI but not the ISH ? Worthy of being talked about elsewhere but not on the ISH ? :confusedshrug:

Calm down guy. Don't get your little skivies in a bunch.

Bottom line, the consensus is that John Wall will be the pick. Thus, when a NBA Hall of Fame candidate says that the pick should be just the opposite of what the consensus seems to be.... thats news.

G-train
06-21-2010, 11:36 PM

irrelevant trash

G-train
06-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I see way more time at small forward in the NBA for Turner than point guard.

zORi
06-21-2010, 11:57 PM
they also said Darko is the second coming of wilt, didnt turn out to be true it seems.

Yeah, I'm so used to them being wrong that I take pretty much everything they say with a grain of salt nowadays.

artificial
06-21-2010, 11:57 PM
I sure hope he is right.

Then again, it's Reggie and I'm here praying he didn't jinx us.

OrlandoAnderson
06-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Are you retarded? He broke a few minor bones in his back on a freak accident and fully recovered after 3 weeks to win NPOY. How the hell is that chronic?

shutup , Evan

RoseCity07
06-22-2010, 02:52 AM
In terms of how underrated he is ... or do you mean his playing style? Cause the latter isn't alike.

Yeah, I think he'll win ROY, just not up to Tyreke's numbers. Tyreke's jump shot was similar to what Turner's is now. They are both strange looking jumpers, but they worked in the NBA. Maybe a bad way to judge, just watching there pre draft workouts, they both look great.

magnax1
06-22-2010, 03:36 AM
Reggie Miller said that the Lakers would win 70+
Former players never make sense when talking about current players.

entropy35
06-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Not sure why he thinks turner has more upside than wall. Wall easily has the better future if they both reach their potentials and nearly everyone would agree with me on that one.

alexthegr8
06-22-2010, 07:46 AM
The guy with 37 posts is now the ISH police. Is not the draft coming up? Is it not the off-season? Is this not a basketball topic? Wasn't this worthy of being a headline story on SI ? Worthy of SI but not the ISH ? Worthy of being talked about elsewhere but not on the ISH ? :confusedshrug:

Calm down guy. Don't get your little skivies in a bunch.

Bottom line, the consensus is that John Wall will be the pick. Thus, when a NBA Hall of Fame candidate says that the pick should be just the opposite of what the consensus seems to be.... thats news.

Bro, you started this thread because you are some weirdo John Wall hater who scoures the internet all day looking for anything that in some way disparages the kid. You didn't create a thread when Majic Johnson called him special and said that the Wizards MUST take him or when Roy Williams called him the best point guard that college basketball has seen since Jason Kidd. You didn't start a thread when Rick Pitino likened his end of game heroics to Kobe Bryant or when Rod Strickland said that the kid just had "it" and would be a great player in the league. That's your prerogative obviously, but your agenda is clearly visible and easily discernible, so stop trying to play it off like you're some unbiased news purveyor who happened to stumble across this quote and thought that you'd share it with all of us here at ISH.

Btw, I was probably wrong to question whether or not this was important enough to be a thread on the main board, I mean, it's not like it's out of place with SOME of the other content on the MB.

lovethetriangle
06-22-2010, 11:04 AM

18+ ppg in 2 seasons bust???

sayitaintso
06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I like Evan Turner more than John Wall. Evan Turner would be to Tim Duncan what John Wall will be to Amare Stoudemimre.

Grinder
06-22-2010, 11:46 AM
shutup , Evan

You're a ****ing dumbass. Stop posting. Immediately. :no:

wang4three
06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Se

TheTruth11
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Bro, you started this thread because you are some weirdo John Wall hater who scoures the internet all day looking for anything that in some way disparages the kid. You didn't create a thread when Majic Johnson called him special and said that the Wizards MUST take him or when Roy Williams called him the best point guard that college basketball has seen since Jason Kidd. You didn't start a thread when Rick Pitino likened his end of game heroics to Kobe Bryant or when Rod Strickland said that the kid just had "it" and would be a great player in the league. That's your prerogative obviously, but your agenda is clearly visible and easily discernible, so stop trying to play it off like you're some unbiased news purveyor who happened to stumble across this quote and thought that you'd share it with all of us here at ISH.

Btw, I was probably wrong to question whether or not this was important enough to be a thread on the main board, I mean, it's not like it's out of place with SOME of the other content on the MB.

There he goes agains.... getting his panties in a bunch. :sleeping

Calm the f*ck down dude. Stop being a little female. Everyone his taken this topic and discussed it maturely..... everyone except you this is.

I am from Chicago little girly man alexthegr8. And Evan Turner is from Chicago. I want to see my homeboy go #1. What's wrong with that?? And it was Reggie Miller who said that he should go #1, not me. Never once in this entire thread have I said anything negative about John Wall. So you can come up for air now alex and stock sucking John Wall's d*ck.

Despite my wanting my homeboy to go #1, it won't happen. I highly doubt that it will happen so chill little man.... chill.

alexthegr8
06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
There he goes agains.... getting his panties in a bunch. :sleeping

Calm the f*ck down dude. Stop being a little female. Everyone his taken this topic and discussed it maturely..... everyone except you this is.

I am from Chicago little girly man alexthegr8. And Evan Turner is from Chicago. I want to see my homeboy go #1. What's wrong with that?? And it was Reggie Miller who said that he should go #1, not me. Never once in this entire thread have I said anything negative about John Wall. So you can come up for air now alex and stock sucking John Wall's d*ck.

Despite my wanting my homeboy to go #1, it won't happen. I highly doubt that it will happen so chill little man.... chill.

You're a buffoon. You're probably a little pimple faced nerd sitting at your lap top typing a bunch of tough guy rhetoric on your computer between trips to the dermatologist. I'm not going to go back and forth with you with profane tirades because talking tough on messageboards is what lame people do, but understand, message board thuggin is clownish stuff. Also, jock riding a particular athlete is clownish stuff too. He's not your friend. He isn't throwing any money or groupies your way. He's living his life, live yours.

TheTruth11
06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
You're a buffoon. You're probably a little pimple faced nerd sitting at your lap top typing a bunch of tough guy rhetoric on your computer between trips to the dermatologist. I'm not going to go back and forth with you with profane tirades because talking tough on messageboards is what lame people do, but understand, message board thuggin is clownish stuff. Also, jock riding a particular athlete is clownish stuff too. He's not your friend. He isn't throwing any money or groupies your way. He's living his life, live yours.

Haaaha:lol He mad!

Lol. Listen you little punk, I wont go back and forth with you. First of all, you need to get out of Momma and Daddy's basement so that I can whip your a*ss first. Right now, with you stuck down there, it would be pretty hard for me to f*ck you up. So for now, I will leave you alone and let you go back to your basement so that you can continue sucking d*ck.

alexthegr8
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM

Lol. Listen you little punk, I wont go back and forth with you. First of all, you need to get out of Momma and Daddy's basement so that I can whip your a*ss first. Right now, with you stuck down there, it would be pretty hard for me to f*ck you up. So for now, I will leave you alone and let you go back to your basement so that you can continue sucking d*ck.

Ok, you win. Your tough posturing on an internet basketball message board has shown me that I don't want any problems with you. I'm absolutely worried about being beat up by you "TheTruth11", and I'll stay in my basement as you suggested (although I'll have to hide out in the basement of my own house, since I live about six hundred miles from my nearest relative.) I'll also try to calm down a little, since you were right "he mad lol" (<--that's me.... I'm the he.) Good luck with the whole Derrick Rose for President thing you have going over there in "da Chi!!".

Younggrease
06-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Would be funny is Cousins ends up better than both of them...

adamcz
06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't think this is at all a crazy prediction. If Wall has as many turnovers in the pros as he did in college, he won't really be producing like you'd want a #1 pick to.

OnceInADECADE
06-22-2010, 07:43 PM

they also said OJ Mayo would be better than LBJ............

endandout
06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Ok, you win. Your tough posturing on an internet basketball message board has shown me that I don't want any problems with you. I'm absolutely worried about being beat up by you "TheTruth11", and I'll stay in my basement as you suggested (although I'll have to hide out in the basement of my own house, since I live about six hundred miles from my nearest relative.) I'll also try to calm down a little, since you were right "he mad lol" (<--that's me.... I'm the he.) Good luck with the whole Derrick Rose for President thing you have going over there in "da Chi!!".

Both of you are lame as shit

alexthegr8
06-22-2010, 08:15 PM
My username is gay as shit

I fixed that for you.

ImmortalD24
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Kobe said it first.. Reggie is a biter. :lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer031910

Boogaboog
05-05-2014, 10:00 PM
:oldlol:

Wonder Bread Kid
05-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Reggie Miller is an idiot today just as he was 4 years ago. Good to know. :oldlol:

215Philly
05-05-2014, 10:19 PM
:cry: