PDA

View Full Version : Worst Jazz draft pick in history

joshwake
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
This guy brings nothing to the table that Utah needed. Fire Kevin O'Conner

MK2V1GP
06-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Why doesn't EVERYONE hate on the white kid. He was probably taken a little high, but he'll be a SOLID starter in the NBA.

Lol. This thread sucks. Delete it please.

joshwake
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Why doesn't EVERYONE hate on the white kid. He was probably taken a little high, but he'll be a SOLID starter in the NBA.

What exactly does he bring that makes him a starter in the NBA in the next two years? He is not a good defender or very good shooter. He has an ok drive and decent rebounder, thats pretty much the entire jazz team at the moment. Unless Utah can get rid of AK or Miles soon he is their 3rd string small forward.....

Big One
06-24-2010, 08:50 PM

they do, and if they dont they should. hes an unathletic WHITE kid who cant shoot worth shit.

on top of that hes a WHITE AMERICAN which means he will suck dick.

just follow the basic rule of thumb

black american kid >>>>>>>>> white american kid

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
What exactly does he bring that makes him a starter in the NBA in the next two years? He is not a good defender or very good shooter. He has an ok drive and decent rebounder, thats pretty much the entire jazz team at the moment. Unless Utah can get rid of AK or Miles soon he is their 3rd string small forward.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAyq_a2kZUw

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 08:51 PM
You guys are stupid if you think that a white american superstar won't eventually come. You never know playing under a pg like Deron could really help his development and he might just be that player.

MK2V1GP
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Bunch of mothafockin racist mothafockas in here, huh? I never said Hayward would be a star, but to say he'll suck b/c he's white is a joke. Does Lee suck? Hinrich? True, the NBA is mostly black, and I have no problem with that. But to just dismiss him b/c he's American white kid jus shows how retarded you actually are.

And I guarantee he will be a decent NBA player. What is with all the unathletic shit? Did ya'll not watch college basketball, or are you really that racist? He is super athletic for a white kid, and he's athletic period.

joshwake
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAyq_a2kZUw
I honestly don't know if you are trying to debate my argument or help prove it with that "highlight reel". Does anything in there really impress anyone????

ak47smohawk
06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
It's too early to tell if he'll be worse than Bochardt or Luther Wright.

Either way, worst lottery pick by the Jazz that I can recall.

joshwake
Bunch of mothafockin racist mothafockas in here, huh? I never said Hayward would be a star, but to say he'll suck b/c he's white is a joke. Does Lee suck? Hinrich? True, the NBA is mostly black, and I have no problem with that. But to just dismiss him b/c he's American white kid jus shows how retarded you actually are.

And I guarantee he will be a decent NBA player. What is with all the unathletic shit? Did ya'll not watch college basketball, or are you really that racist? He is super athletic for a white kid, and he's athletic period.
I don't care that he is white, it's that he is unathletic and a poor shooter AND crappy defender. I would have at least been content with Aldrich.

Yung D-Will
I honestly don't know if you are trying to debate my argument or help prove it with that "highlight reel". Does anything in there really impress anyone????

Well since you've obviously never watched him I was hoping to help you seem less ignorant in your post. A highlight reel provides much more evidence then claiming a player will suck because he's white. He clearly has excellent size for his position

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 09:00 PM
It's funny how you guys haven't even taken a look at the player but are just assuming he's bad cause espn didn't claim he's a superstar.

Guess what Espn didn't claim this guy was a superstar either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln1VDqRZvSg

^ Bottom line is watch a player before you make an opinion

joshwake
06-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Well since you've obviously never watched him I was hoping to help you seem less ignorant in your post. A highlight reel provides much more evidence then claiming a player will suck because he's white. He clearly has excellent size for his position
FFS it has nothing to do with the god damn color of his skin. He brings nothing to Utah they dont already have. I watched him enough to know he is a decent rebounder and an ok slasher. Utah is fine in both departments. Utah needs a shooter to spread the floor, no help there. They need a good wing and or defensive presence in teh middle, no help there. You can always use more athletecism, no help there. Shot blocking or defense in general...?? no help...

What does he bring to the team that they need??

ak47smohawk
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
it's that he is unathletic and a poor shooter AND crappy defender. I would have at least been content with Aldrich.
This. Aldrich at least made sense.

Maybe we can put Memo, Boozer, and Hayward all on the floor at the same time. That'll be some intense defense right there.

CelticsDraftee
06-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I agree that he was probably taken a little high thanks to the Final Four appearance, but he'll be a solid role player for Utah. Why take a good role player so high though? That's what baffles me. But he can defend, board, pass, and knock down some threes too. I hope he does well; I enjoyed watching him play for Butler.

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
FFS it has nothing to do with the god damn color of his skin. He brings nothing to Utah they dont already have. I watched him enough to know he is a decent rebounder and an ok slasher. Utah is fine in both departments. Utah needs a shooter to spread the floor, no help there. They need a good wing and or defensive presence in teh middle, no help there. You can always use more athletecism, no help there. Shot blocking or defense in general...?? no help...

What does he bring to the team that they need??

He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player. He has played both the 3 and the 4 in college. He's a very versatile player. And he's a good slasher

joshwake
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player
His 3 pt shooting is a crap shoot. What did he shoot behind the college 3 last year?? 26%? He is a good rebounder but he wont get many as the 3rd string SF. He brings size but he is not a good defender... so how does that help? SF is one of the most athletic positons, he will just get driven around all day long. Go ahead and look at what he shot behind the COLLEGE 3pt line last year.

I have no problem with this pick at say 18 or so.,,, but at 9!!? there were several better picks Utah could have taken.

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 09:19 PM
His 3 pt shooting is a crap shoot. What did he shoot behind the college 3 last year?? 26%? He is a good rebounder but he wont get many as the 3rd string SF. He brings size but he is not a good defender... so how does that help? SF is one of the most athletic positons, he will just get driven around all day long. Go ahead and look at what he shot behind the COLLEGE 3pt line last year.

I have no problem with this pick at say 18 or so.,,, but at 9!!? there were several better picks Utah could have taken.
He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

He wasn't a good defender in college?
He spent most of his time defending power forwards whiles his natural position is the 3. But he was still effective because he never gives up on plays he ralerly gives his man lanes to the basket . He also uses his Iq on the defensive end and understand the tendencies of the players he's guarding.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Unless Utah can get rid of AK or Miles soon he is their 3rd string small forward.....

Why couldn't they get rid of them if they wanted? AK is one of the most valuable players in the league with a contract that expires at the end of the season. Miles contract is low for the way he played at the end of the year and he's still very young and continues to show improvement every year. I don't expect them to get rid of either because the Jazz like to stand pat.

He brings nothing to Utah they dont already have.

They have no one other than AK over 6'6" at the 2 or 3 and 2 of them are free agents.

Aldrich at least made sense.

How when they already have Koufos?

Worst pick would have to be Larry Knight I'd think. Never even played in the league. Than you'd have to go with Wright. Walter Palmer, Ortiz, Duren etc. off the top of my head.

brooks_thompson
06-24-2010, 11:03 PM
whoever between koufos and fesenko complained that the fans' balloons took him out of the game is the worst jazz pick in history.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
No comparison between the two. Fessenko is a stiff. Koufos is highly skilled. Too bad his coach isn't.

Luigi
06-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Terrible. Very bad pick. I'll wait to see him play, but I don't see much upside opportunity here.

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Terrible. Very bad pick. I'll wait to see him play, but I don't see much upside opportunity here.

Go to the thread in the Jazz team forum

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:12 PM
You'll come around when Jerry falls for him.

Captain Kirk
06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I love Hayward and can't wait to see him play. I'm a little disappointed he went to Utah though. When I saw the pick I just sorta chuckled but I wasn't sure why I did, lol.

Luigi
06-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Go to the thread in the Jazz team forum

Sorry man. I would, but I swore off that forum a while back, and I'm sticking to it.

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Sorry man. I would, but I swore off that forum a while back, and I'm sticking to it.

Wow at people pretending that another great white american will never come.

He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player

He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

He wasn't a good defender in college?
He spent most of his time defending power forwards whiles his natural position is the 3. But he was still effective because he never gives up on plays he ralerly gives his man lanes to the basket . He also uses his Iq on the defensive end and understand the tendencies of the players he's guarding.

'
I mean give me a 6'9 forward who can handle the ball, can get to the foul line, can shoot the ball, Has a high basketball iq, can rebound, can slash to the rim, can pass and can defend any day of the year.

Couldn't be happier with our pick

In Soviet Russia Thread comes to you

wang4three
06-24-2010, 11:17 PM
He'll be fine. Kid is smart, has tangible skills, and looks like he wants to get better. A reach for him, but he's been proving people wrong all year long. He's faired well against NBA talents like Wes Johnson, or athletic defending teams like Michigan State and Kansas State. Not a terrible pick.

brooks_thompson
06-24-2010, 11:18 PM
No comparison between the two. Fessenko is a stiff. Koufos is highly skilled. Too bad his coach isn't.

sorry i never learned who was who

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:22 PM
The stiff was the one Jerry loved and the talented one was the one in the D-league. LMAO!

Luigi
06-24-2010, 11:26 PM
'

In Soviet Russia Thread comes to you
:oldlol: Thanks man,:cheers:

magnax1
06-24-2010, 11:26 PM
I thought it was a weird pick too, but they definitely need a perimeter player (a 2 guard more really) then anything else. I haven't seen the guy play, but I trust in what utah does. I thought them taking maynor was weird, I though taking kirilenko was insane, I thought taking Ostertag was weird, and those guys turn out pretty well. Not saying all picks were perfect, but a lot of these weird picks that kind of come out of no where turn out really well for Utah.

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 11:27 PM
:oldlol: Thanks man,:cheers:

lol no problem.

What impresses me the most is that he can get to the foul line so easily 30% of his points are from the foul line

Luigi
06-24-2010, 11:32 PM
lol no problem.

What impresses me the most is that he can get to the foul line so easily 30% of his points are from the foul line

Maybe he's just a good fit.

I'm sure Hayward's parents are ecstatic with that pick. Seriously, they wouldn't let him go workout for Memphis. Were petrified of LA.

I like higher octane players, but my Jazz have a style, draft for it, and its pretty effective. You think we'll bring back Korver still?

New Jazzy Nets
06-24-2010, 11:34 PM
pissed at the pick but how about a photoshop eh? ill support him and give him a chance but man this is the one dude i did not want.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:34 PM
they definitely need a perimeter player (a 2 guard more really) then anything else

They have Miles, probably Matthews and maybe Korver at the 2 not to mention AK and Price(LOL!). I'd say they needed a 3 more than a 2.

I thought them taking maynor was weird

It was especially when they gave him away after he showed he could play. Probably re-sign Boozer and give this pick away too and it won't matter.

I though taking Ostertag was weird, and those guys turn out pretty well.

Guess we're in the minority on that one. He was no Collins that's for sure. LMAO!

a lot of these weird picks that kind of come out of no where turn out really well for Utah.

Not sure any of those really came out well. Maynor dumped for nothing. AK overpaid. Tag benched in favor of a stiff.

Than you have Almond over Splitter when you already had Miles/Brewer. Ouch! Plenty of weird picks that didn't turn out that's for sure.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:37 PM
its pretty effective

debatable

You think we'll bring back Korver still?

They'll want him back. Hopefully for a lot less money.

magnax1
06-24-2010, 11:39 PM
They have Miles, probably Matthews and maybe Korver at the 2 not to mention AK and Price(LOL!). I'd say they needed a 3 more than a 2.

It was especially when they gave him away after he showed he could play. Probably re-sign Boozer and give this pick away too and it won't matter.

Guess we're in the minority on that one. He was no Collins that's for sure. LMAO!

Not sure any of those really came out well. Maynor dumped for nothing. AK overpaid. Tag benched in favor of a stiff.

Than you have Almond over Splitter when you already had Miles/Brewer. Ouch! Plenty of weird picks that didn't turn out that's for sure.
I was talking about how good the player became, not the situation for the team. Ostertage was a guy who gave you lots of rebounds and about 3 blocks in limited minutes before Sloan decided he liked Oden Polynice better (one of the biggest wtf Sloan moments to me) Kirilenko was an allstar, and one of the best defenders in the league. Maynor has been a very good backup in his limited time in the league.
They have Korver, and Mathews, but neither of those players are really starting quality to me. They both have their bonuses, but even compared to brewer, who wasn't that special of a player they're pretty lackluster.

joshwake
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I just hope this means that Utah has some plans for making a trade for a big that can defend. Maybe this means they are planning to unload AKs contract? I dunno. I will give Hayward this, he has a good bball IQ and looks like he will be a good locker room guy, but that wont mean crap if he can't produce on the court. He is a good passer and played pguard in Highschool so I assume they would like him to take some pressure off Dwill when he is doubled in the backcourt or has a bigger defender on him. I just think there were better options at no. 9 and that utah should have at least looked to trade down if they really wanted this guy, because I highly doubt he would have gone in the top 15. I see him on the bench still in 2 years, but hopefully I am wrong. Something needs to start panning out for Utah or I don't think DWill sticks around.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Ostertage was a guy who gave you lots of rebounds and about 3 blocks in limited minutes before Sloan decided he liked Oden Polynice better (one of the biggest wtf Sloan moments to me)

He wasn't a great overall rebounder but one of the best offensive rebounders and shot blockers in the league which fit perfect next to Karl. Olden was a lot better than Collins who Tag and Koufos have been benched behind.

Kirilenko was an allstar, and one of the best defenders in the league.

But his contract and injuries and decline have been killers.

Maynor has been a very good backup in his limited time in the league.

But they gave him away when they shouldn't have drafted him in the 1st place.

They have Korver, and Mathews, but neither of those players are really starting quality to me. They both have their bonuses, but even compared to brewer, who wasn't that special of a player they're pretty lackluster.

Agreed except Matthews>>>>>>>>>>>Brewer

Funnyfuka
06-24-2010, 11:49 PM
he looks like a great white guy, and a decent role model for white people. I enjoy seeing him join the nba and ill enjoy watching him play...cause im white.
And cause im sick of seeing only black players.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
I just hope this means that Utah has some plans for making a trade for a big that can defend.

I doubt it. They'll trade to unload money but why do you need bigs when you have Okur and Fessenko. ROTFLMAO!

Maybe this means they are planning to unload AKs contract?

Doubt it. They've hung on to him this long. They'll let him expire and try to re-sign him on the cheap next summer. They blew it when they didn't trade him for Marion. Last year would have been totally different. Still have Brewer, Maynor and myabe Marion.

I see him on the bench still in 2 years

Probably cuz Jerry is the coach not necessarily cuz he can't play.

Something needs to start panning out for Utah or I don't think DWill sticks around.

Looks unlikely anyway.

Yung D-Will
06-24-2010, 11:52 PM
he looks like a great white guy, and a decent role model for white people. I enjoy seeing him join the nba and ill enjoy watching him play...cause im white.
And cause im sick of seeing only black players.

Yea on that topic. I really do think White American's should take the Brandon Jennings route and get developed overseas because; european players aren't more athletically gifted they just have more polished offensive games when they come into the Nba and they can do it all especially on the offensive end. I think that would definitely help white players to be effective.

Funnyfuka
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
aside of the gasol brothers, most europeans guys never really fit in the US or the nba, the change of language and way of life is just too tough or they get spoiled as soon as they get their first paycheck.

Xiao Yao You
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
I really do think White American's should take the Brandon Jennings route and get developed overseas because; european players aren't more athletically gifted they just have more polished offensive games when they come into the Nba and they can do it all especially on the offensive end. I think that would definitely help white players to be effective.

Need more development period. A minor league like baseball needs to happen.

Another small forward with the 2nd round pick? WTF?

Yung D-Will
06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
aside of the gasol brothers, most europeans guys never really fit in the US or the nba, the change of language and way of life is just too tough or they get spoiled as soon as they get their first paycheck.

Nah you look at players like Dirk,Yao,Gasol,Nash,Fernadez, Calderon and the other effective European players you can see that their games are much more fit for the nba then the typical white american. Overseas you're just taught differently as opposed to being in America where everything is based off athleticism. And the Paycheck thing doesn't make sense they pay you alot more overseas.

magnax1
06-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Yea on that topic. I really do think White American's should take the Brandon Jennings route and get developed overseas because; european players aren't more athletically gifted they just have more polished offensive games when they come into the Nba and they can do it all especially on the offensive end. I think that would definitely help white players to be effective.
I think the biggest problem with white guards, or college players in general is that they get forced into stupid roles that don't really fit in the NBA. Its seems almost like college coaches only want a white kid that can shoot, and unless you have a never ending energy supply like reggie miller or a little versatility like Ray Allen, then you aren't going to do anything in the NBA in that role other then shoot spot up shots. Or a guy like Cole Aldrich is forced into a defensive center role when hes not really big enough for most NBA centers. I think a lot of NBA talent gets wasted in college because the systems are just too different. I think NBA players would come out a lot better if we let a few guys come out of high school and the rest go to Euro or the D-League.

Lebron23
06-25-2010, 01:16 AM
It's too early to tell if he'll be worse than Bochardt or Luther Wright.

Either way, worst lottery pick by the Jazz that I can recall.

:lol :lol :lol

Dontstop
06-25-2010, 01:20 AM
As a Jazz fan for 15+ years this is ridiculous, I think we should hire kevin pritchard as our GM and get shit done.

instead we take the route of not wanting to contend for a title.

Patterson, George, Aldrich, Henry wouldve all been better choices. Im just disgusted.

Tez62
06-25-2010, 01:22 AM
He's not unathletic or a terrible defender. BFA is a baller

I am that I am
06-25-2010, 01:24 AM
He was the best white player in the draft, is it a surprise that Utah picked him?

rosonviyavong
06-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Dont Utah need a center?

magnax1
06-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Dont Utah need a center?
Not really. They have Okur, and hes one of the better scoring centers in the league, and there wasn't really anyone that would fit the mold of Utah's offense, especially since Okur is the only starter who can spread the floor for Utah.

dr8ked
06-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Utah needed someone to Cover Boozer's Place incase he leaves. Unless they are planning on keeping him, this was a Bad Pick. Their front Court's lunch and dinner will be eaten every day. :roll: :roll:

dr8ked
06-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Not really. They have Okur, and hes one of the better scoring centers in the league, and there wasn't really anyone that would fit the mold of Utah's offense, especially since Okur is the only starter who can spread the floor for Utah.

Okur is more of SF than a center, dude camps out there jacking 3's, Boozer used to clean up his mess on the Boards. If Boozer is gone next season, it will be a long season for them.

Chalkmaze
06-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Dont Utah need a center?

Yes, very much so.

I think this draft pick doesn't make a lot of sense yet, but will in time.

First of all... they tried very hard to move up to get a center. The reports are out that Utah was VERY aggressive, but had no takers. So they had to go to plan B, and the thing I really like about the kid is that he can handle the ball, and he's tall for the role I expect he'll play. Other than the main pg, Utah always lacks in people who can handle the ball, or they are short. This guy really seems to have a lot of intangibles.

The other centers probably looked like more of what we already have, or long term projects etc. Big guys that you probably can find all over. Even if they're a little better, that's not gonna help Utah enough.

So this pick makes some other guys expendable, adds ballhandling, IQ, heart, and sounds like a guy everyone else loves to play with. I think the Jazz will look to make a trade to get a center, and if we don't end up with one my spring-time, then I'm gonna *****.

The 55th pick is a dunker, athletic, kind of guy that probably can fill the lane and have Deron feed him on the break. A long shot to make the team, but sounds like he might have the body, and athleticism. They said they liked his workout they had with him.

But Gordon should help save money, which should be reinvested to bring in a big man. We'll see.

ashbelly
06-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Yes, very much so.

I think this draft pick doesn't make a lot of sense yet, but will in time.

First of all... they tried very hard to move up to get a center. The reports are out that Utah was VERY aggressive, but had no takers. So they had to go to plan B, and the thing I really like about the kid is that he can handle the ball, and he's tall for the role I expect he'll play. Other than the main pg, Utah always lacks in people who can handle the ball, or they are short. This guy really seems to have a lot of intangibles.

The other centers probably looked like more of what we already have, or long term projects etc. Big guys that you probably can find all over. Even if they're a little better, that's not gonna help Utah enough.

So this pick makes some other guys expendable, adds ballhandling, IQ, heart, and sounds like a guy everyone else loves to play with. I think the Jazz will look to make a trade to get a center, and if we don't end up with one my spring-time, then I'm gonna *****.

The 55th pick is a dunker, athletic, kind of guy that probably can fill the lane and have Deron feed him on the break. A long shot to make the team, but sounds like he might have the body, and athleticism. They said they liked his workout they had with him.

But Gordon should help save money, which should be reinvested to bring in a big man. We'll see.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: you guys just drafted kyle kover part deux by getting gordon. :confusedshrug:

magnax1
06-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Okur is more of SF than a center, dude camps out there jacking 3's, Boozer used to clean up his mess on the Boards. If Boozer is gone next season, it will be a long season for them.
He definitely doesn't camp out on the three point line,even though hes not a great rebounder. And Millsap is a better rebounder then Boozer anyway. Millsap might be a better player then boozer by next season. Hes made huge strides each season so far. What the jazz need is
1st-More perimeter shooting
2nd-More athleticism
3rd- A shot blocker, which probably be a center
If the Jazz get rid of Okur they have no shooting outside of Korver, who plays on the bench. Then teams would just pack in even more then they already do, and their offense would be screwed.

bdreason
06-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Broke version of Mike Dunleavy.

Should have been a 2nd rounder, but got picked early because he's white. :oldlol:

Tez62
06-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Has anybody actually watched this guy play??

Chalkmaze
06-25-2010, 03:18 AM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: you guys just drafted kyle kover part deux by getting gordon. :confusedshrug:

No, tons of differences, although, he might be able to shoot a bit like Kyle. Kyle can't dribble and handle the ball like this guy, move like him, jump as high, have as much length (he's not super lengthy, but I think he'll be much more a presence). Yeah, a little more similar to Mike Dunleavy, but still different.

Kujo
06-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Yes, I think Gordan Hayward was drafted too high, but I'll say this, Utah is the perfect team/situation for him. With the motion offense that the Jazz run, Hayward will fit right in.

bagelred
06-25-2010, 08:34 AM
I literally laughed out loud when I saw the Jazz take the white guy. OMG.....good times..........

Did anyone else notice Larry Bird in the background screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" when Hayward was picked? Too bad for Pacers.....couldn't get their white guy at #10.

I feel your pain, Pacer fans. We have same situation with Steph Curry last year.

Parps
06-25-2010, 09:51 AM

Loving the irony...looks like you're the racist one.

Do you even think before you post?

wally_world
06-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Morris Almond was/is better

Quickz
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM
47 for 167 from college three...ouch. I havent watch this kid play much but I hope his great off the dribble cause he will not be knocking down three's.

I was always thought White people where suppose to shoot better???

Chalkmaze
06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
If Indiana were to pick Hayward at the 10 spot, was everyone going to call it a horrible pick like they're doing now, or does it suddenly become a pick that makes sense?

Xiao Yao You
06-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I think we should hire kevin pritchard as our GM and get shit done.

We should but won't cuz they don't like to make changes unless forced to and he would cost too much as well. He probably wouldn't want the job. He's used to working for an owner that has money to burn.

Patterson, George, Aldrich, Henry wouldve all been better choices. Im just disgusted.

Not sure why anyone thinks they needed those bigs or another 6'6" guard?

Dont Utah need a center?

Yeah but not one of the skinny ones that were available. Koufos can play once the coach gets a clue.

They have Okur

Unfortunately he's one-dimensional and should be a back-up that they are paying over 10 million a year.

Utah needed someone to Cover Boozer's Place incase he leaves. Unless they are planning on keeping him

They are planning on keeping him. Hopefully he leaves cuz with or without him it's their strongest position. Milsap, AK and Koufos will do fine there. That's 2 of their top 3 players if Boozer does leave.

If Boozer is gone next season, it will be a long season for them.

Considering Milsap has scored almost as much in Boozer's absence while playing at both ends of the floor I don't know how you figure?

The reports are out that Utah was VERY aggressive, but had no takers.

What did they have to offer? If they had their own pick instead of giving it up for Korver maybe they could have got Cousins or Favors but I doubt it. Don't see what they needed with another skinny C anyway myself.

I think the Jazz will look to make a trade to get a center

I don't. What would they offer? They don't like to make changes and won't unless forced to.

But Gordon should help save money, which should be reinvested to bring in a big man.

If Boozer is signed they'll be investing in more minimum wage D leagers and stiffs like a year ago to fill out their 13 man roster.

Millsap is a better rebounder then Boozer anyway.

Offensively for sure.

Millsap might be a better player then boozer by next season.

Already is in my book.

What the jazz need is
1st-More perimeter shooting
2nd-More athleticism
3rd- A shot blocker, which probably be a center

I'd start with a new coach that likes guys to shoot on the perimeter and likes athletes and shot blockers.

Jazz get rid of Okur they have no shooting outside of Korver

Luckily for you he's pretty much untradeable with the ridiculous extension they gave him. Matthews can shoot outside. Miles has the potential as does this kid. And Deron of course.

their offense would be screwed

Offense hasn't been their problem.

Morris Almond was/is better

A better scorer maybe.