PDA

View Full Version : Forget free agency, DeMarcus Cousins landed in Sacramento; IT'S OVER FOR THE NBA

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Book it. I guarantee you the Kings will be the best team in the West within five years.

Better than OKC.

Better than Memphis.

Better than anyone else.

I guarantee this. The fact these GM's let this guy fall to the Kings is disgraceful. Unbelievable.

MK2V1GP
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Lol. ya, right. Cousins will be nothing more than a 13/10 guy. BOOK IT!

Showtime
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
They have a very, very promising frontline. Landry was a 6th man of the year player prior to the trade, and great overall player who gives 100%. Thompson is a good reserve big who can do a little of everything. Sammy D provides the shot blocking and Cousins has all kinds of potential on both ends. And last but not least is Brockman who is essentially their own version of Lou or Birdman.

Hiei
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Book it. I guarantee you the Kings will be the best team in the West within five years.

Better than OKC.

Better than Memphis.

Better than anyone else.

I guarantee this. The fact these GM's let this guy fall to the Kings is disgraceful. Unbelievable.

Oh no, Kings will be better than 8th and 9th teams in the West. Its over.

Skyscraper
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM

:applause:

Lakers still winning titles in 5 years?

T-bomb 25
06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Im not gonna go as far as the OP,but they have gotten better,i think Cousins was the best player in this draft,but saying they are gonna be better than OKC,is a huge stretch.lol

Clocian-IGN
bookmarking this thread. will be bumped as a failure thread....

PleezeBelieve
Kings should trade for Mo Williams. Give up the young PF they have.

Mo
Evans
Jewish Guy
Landry
Dalembert/Cousins

45 wins atleast

Showtime
06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Kings should trade for Mo Williams.

Why the **** would they want Mo Williams?

MK2V1GP
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Seriously guy? This is bad even for your standards.

Sac will be better and on the rise. But that's it.

Oh, and Monroe>>>>>>>>>>Cousins, and maybe even Patterson>>>Cousins.

gts
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh no, Kings will be better than 8th and 9th teams in the West. Its over.not immediately, but within the next 5 years according to the op they'll be challenging those teams....

ukplayer4
06-24-2010, 09:00 PM
kings are stacked, masses of depth and talent at the 4/5, total log jam tho, how can they develop all those bigs- dalembert/hawes/landry/cousins/thompson, should definatly trade 2 of them.

T-bomb 25
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Kings should trade for Mo Williams. Give up the young PF they have.

Mo
Evans
Jewish Guy
Landry
Dalembert/Cousins

45 wins atleast You are a fool,why in the hell would they want a Mo Williams,he's not even a true pg,and he's sure doensent handle pressure situations very well,the Cavs got him to help Lebron with the ball handling duties and create for others,did that happen? hell no,and he would'nt help Evans either.:roll:

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2010, 09:03 PM
This acquisition will shift the dynamic of the NBA as we know it. Kings have elite talent at the bigs position all on a rookie contract. Have a franchise player in Evans in the same slot.

I'm telling you -- Kings get Mo Will, Cavs get Udrich and Jason Thompson.

Get it done. It makes sense for both teams.

Derka
06-24-2010, 09:03 PM
So you dumped Lebron and Cousins is your new boyfriend now?

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
You are a fool,why in the hell would they want a Mo Williams,he's not even a true pg,and he's sure doensent handle pressure situations very well,the Cavs got him to help Lebron with the ball handling duties and create for others,did that happen? hell no,and he would'nt help Evans either.:roll:
Evans is a distributor, guy. Kings talent right now is better than the Cavs have ever had in the LeBron tenure. Not even the same comparison.

You people slow, dude.

OneMoreSucka
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
31 wins.

T-bomb 25
06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Evans is a distributor, guy. Kings talent right now is better than the Cavs have ever had in the LeBron tenure. Not even the same comparison.

You people slow, dude.Your not very bright,i'll just leave it at that.lol:roll:

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Cavs need to eat the the remaining four years of Urih's contract to get Thompson.

That's obvious.

Kings maje the deal cause Mo is a better shooter than Urih and he has two less years on his deal. That team would average 110 points a game.

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Your not very bright,i'll just leave it at that.lol:roll:
Son, who are you? You not in my league when it come to this sh*t. Go sit down somewhere.

Showtime
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Cavs need to eat the the remaining four years of Urih's contract to get Thompson.

That's obvious.

Kings maje the deal cause Mo is a better shooter than Urih and he has two less years on his deal. That team would average 110 points a game.
Mo isn't an upgrade. Beno had a career year last season in efficiency, and Mo will do nothing but take shots away from Evans and piss everybody off with his low IQ play, ball hogging, and shot jacking. There's absolutely no reason to do this deal. You are a moron.

T-bomb 25
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Son, who are you? You not in my league when it come to this sh*t. Go sit down somewhere.Yeah.....ok lil homie.:roll:

Jasper
06-24-2010, 09:18 PM
I am surprised Sac was able to land him.

As I stated after the season , Kings record doesn't show their talent , and they just added more young talent , that is not expendable.

2-3 years they will be doing very well in the playoff's.

(nice rebuild after a few dismaul'ed years. )

Batz
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
31 wins.
74-8 atleast.

bladefd
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
This acquisition will shift the dynamic of the NBA as we know it. Kings have elite talent at the bigs position all on a rookie contract. Have a franchise player in Evans in the same slot.

I'm telling you -- Kings get Mo Will, Cavs get Udrich and Jason Thompson.

Get it done. It makes sense for both teams.

Hmmm.

Seems like PleezeBelieve has an agenda there.. He wants the Kings to give up a decent PG and a young Thompson with tons of potential for a player that no shows in playoffs. Keep in mind Greg Popovich and the Spurs organization (one of the best drafters in the league with probably the best scouting) were big on Beno Udrih. They just didn't want to overpay for a backup player to Tony Parker.

I thought PB wasn't a Cavs fan anymore? Looks like we were wrong all along. :rolleyes:

NuggetsFan
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Kings future looks promising. Evans is looking like he's going to be an elite player in the league. If Cousins reaches half of his potential I don't think it's absurd to think he can put up 15\10 with some blocks. Both Casspri and Thompson are looking like sold role players.

I don't think they'll take a big jump next year but should deff win some more games.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-25-2010, 12:00 AM

Dont be cocky laker fan. There is a reason PB said better than Mem and OKC.
Not only are they the 2 youngest teams in the league. They are both very talented and it is starting to show in the win colum.

OKC in its 3rd year with Durant went from 23 wins to 50 wins. Was a game winner away from taking your Lakers to 7 games,and they are only going to get better.

Mem in its 2nd year with OJ/Marc etc went from 24 wins to 40 wins. They beat 15 out of 16 playoffs teams this year at least one time from Lakers, to Cavs, to Boston, to Orlando, and the Suns where in the same game Gay had 32 points, Z-bo had 30 points, OJ had 28 points.

Now that OJ Will be playing a lot of PG next year has been confirmed you better hope to get an upgrade at PG from Fisher. Westbrook and Mayo will be a nightmare for laker fans come next season playoff time.

PB what are your prediction for the win totals of your Kings, Mem, Grizzlies it will make for a nice bump.

dr8ked
06-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Cousins and hassan Whitesand front court will be beasting.

Go Getter
06-25-2010, 12:20 AM
I really like the look of the Kings right now.

Adding Whiteside along with Cousins was big.

Now we have to see whether or not Reke is going to stay at point or move to the 2.

He needs a versatile guard to pair up with so he can have the best match up on any given night.

If all the young talent pans out and stays healthy they will be very, very entertaining at least.

Hiei
06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Not only are they the 2 youngest teams in the league. They are both very talented and it is starting to show in the win colum.

OKC in its 3rd year with Durant went from 23 wins to 50 wins. Was a game winner away from taking your Lakers to 7 games,and they are only going to get better.

Mem in its 2nd year with OJ/Marc etc went from 24 wins to 40 wins. They beat 15 out of 16 playoffs teams this year at least one time from Lakers, to Cavs, to Boston, to Orlando, and the Suns where in the same game Gay had 32 points, Z-bo had 30 points, OJ had 28 points.

Now that OJ Will be playing a lot of PG next year has been confirmed you better hope to get an upgrade at PG from Fisher. Westbrook and Mayo will be a nightmare for laker fans come next season playoff time.

PB what are your prediction for the win totals of your Kings, Mem, Grizzlies it will make for a nice bump.

They have talent, but there is no way to make conclusions about what they can achieve. Everyone thought the Wizards would be a top 4 team this season, when they turned out dead last in their conference.

Also, superstar guards is the last thing Lakers need to worry about at the moment. Old man Fisher had to go against Deron, Nash and Rondo and all of them failed to play at their expected levels. A good defensive PG would be a good upgrade for Lakers, but the size in the paint is what's limiting other PGs from driving and making good passes. Besides that OJ and Westbrook aren't even close to being all star level.

dough
06-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Son, who are you? You not in my league when it come to this sh*t. Go sit down somewhere.
While he sits, I'll take his place and ask you to provide evidence of you successfully evaluating draft picks and talent.

I am that I am
06-25-2010, 12:44 AM
kings are stacked, masses of depth and talent at the 4/5, total log jam tho, how can they develop all those bigs- dalembert/hawes/landry/cousins/thompson, should definatly trade 2 of them.
stop forgetting about Casspi you anti semites!

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2010, 12:47 AM

Kings: 45 wins
Grizzles: 42-45

I really think Sac-town has surpassed Memphis in one draft. Cousins is already better than Gasol and will be better than Randolph by his third year. He's an impact 2-way player.

I'm telling you, Cousins should have been the #1 pick with only Turner being an argument otherwise. Kings are a perfect team for Cousins. Perfect.

Can't believe mofos le him slip to #5.

Are you kidding me? :oldlol:

PowerGlove
06-25-2010, 12:49 AM
PB said within five years, stop being stupid guys. This is completely possible. No long odds, the west is getting old fast. Other teams are going to take over for the Suns,Mavs,etc.

Lebron23
06-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Kings would make the playoffs next season. Evans is my 3rd favorite NBA player.

Sacramento would be a championship contender a few years from now. The future best team in California.

Cousins is an excellent pick cause he's the best big man in his draft class.

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2010, 12:51 AM
While he sits, I'll take his place and ask you to provide evidence of you successfully evaluating draft picks and talent.
Evidence?

You being serious with that question?

Fo'real?

Maybe its because I'm a prophet. There's Jesus and then there's PleezeBelieve. In that order. Do sh*t for free what GM's can't doing making millions. My motherf*cking name rang out. Ask somebody.

Swaggin916
06-25-2010, 12:52 AM
this guy is going to get shat on by Bynum for the next 10 years.

ProfessorMurder
06-25-2010, 12:53 AM

Hawes was traded before the draft.

Showtime
06-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Kinda hard to do that from the bench recovering from another injury.

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
He got too much ball skills, footwork, power, and touch for Bynum. He'd eat Bynum up...I'm talking within three years, of course.

rosonviyavong
I couldnt understand a word this guy was saying tonight

BALLin01
DeMarcus Cousins is going to be a beast for sure. An Evans/Cousins duo is deadly.

dough
06-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Evidence?

Fo'real?

Maybe its because I'm a prophet. There's Jesus and then there's PleezeBelieve. In that order. Do sh*t for free what GM's can't doing making millions. My motherf*cking name rang out. Ask somebody.I asked you, you ****ing Joseph Moron Smith Jr wannabe.

Torious
06-25-2010, 01:04 AM

Better than OKC.

Better than Memphis.

Better than anyone else.

The idea, that the Kings will be able to keep their talent together for the next 5 years and not trade them away to lower their payroll and/or lose them to free agency is laughable.

dough
06-25-2010, 01:04 AM
I couldnt understand a word this guy was saying tonight
Thats why he needs to be compared to Moses Malone.

I am that I am
06-25-2010, 01:07 AM
He got too much ball skills, footwork, power, and touch for Bynum. He'd eat Bynum up...I'm talking within three years, of course.
Cant do shit against Bynum's huge size advantage on both sides of the floor, even undersized guys with insane skill like Al Jefferson get owned by Bynum

Showtime
06-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Cant do shit against Bynum's huge size advantage on both sides of the floor, even undersized guys with insane skill like Al Jefferson get owned by Bynum
What huge size advantage? Dude is 6'11'' 285+lbs.

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2010, 01:13 AM
That's what I'm saying. :oldlol:

Cousins is what Laker fans clamor for Bynum to be. He plays with an edge and toughness to match his skill. That's a dangerous triple cheeseburger right there.

Dasher
06-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Seriously guy? This is bad even for your standards.

Sac will be better and on the rise. But that's it.

Oh, and Monroe>>>>>>>>>>Cousins, and maybe even Patterson>>>Cousins.
Cousins was so much better than Patterson that Patterson played second fiddle to him.

spree43
06-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Evans - potential to be a top 5 guard in the league

+

Cousins - potential to be top 5 big man in the league

+

Alot of good, young role players

This is a good formula for success. I know it's only potential at this stage, but you have to commend the job they have done to put these guys together and it's up to the players and coaches to develop from here

Lebron23
06-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Evans - potential to be a top 5 guard in the league

+

Cousins - potential to be top 5 big man in the league

+

Alot of good, young role players

This is a good formula for success. I know it's only potential at this stage, but you have to commend the job they have done to put these guys together and it's up to the players and coaches to develop from here

+ a Good Head Coach

= 50 wins in 2012

gts
06-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Evidence?

Fo'real?

Maybe its because I'm a prophet. There's Jesus and then there's PleezeBelieve. In that order. Do sh*t for free what GM's can't doing making millions. My motherf*cking name rang out. Ask somebody.wanna talk about 74-8 Nostradamus?

I am that I am
06-25-2010, 01:40 AM
the two inch and wingspan size advantage that bynum has

Showtime
06-25-2010, 01:53 AM
the two inch and wingspan size advantage that bynum has
Cousins is listed at 6'11'' in shoes. Bynum is listed at 7'0".

Cousins said he was over 290 and lost weight, but is still over 280. Bynum is listed at 285lbs.

Cousins has a listed wingspan of nearly 7'6". I've seen several sources list Bynum's wingspan as low as 7'3" to as high as 7'6".

So, according to you, these trivial differences account to a "huge size advantage"? Get the **** outta here.

bdreason
06-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Cousins in Sacramento is a disaster. Artest lost his mind when he went to Sactown.

Lebron23
06-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Andrew Bynum was recently measured at 7'1" (Without shoes). He's 7'2.25" while wearing his sneakers.

7'0.25" was his NBA Pre Draft measurement when he was a rookie.

Cousins might grow a few inches cause he's only 19 or 20 yrs.old.

Showtime
06-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Cousins in Sacramento is a disaster.

That remains to be seen.

Artest lost his mind when he went to Sactown.
When did you start watching basketball? Artest was nuts before he left Chicago.

bdreason
06-25-2010, 02:05 AM
That remains to be seen.

When did you start watching basketball? Artest was nuts before he left Chicago.

In Sacramento he was arrested for beating his wife and abusing his dogs... by far the worst things on his rap sheet.

If I was going to pick a place for Cousins to go and develop, it certainly wouldn't be Sacramento. On the plus side, his rookie numbers will probably be good because the Kings frontcourt is garbage, and he'll get tons of PT.

momo
06-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Another masterpiece by the hypemeister.

Showtime
06-25-2010, 02:13 AM
In Sacramento he was arrested for beating his wife and abusing his dogs... by far the worst things on his rap sheet.

Again, Artest had problems upstairs prior to coming to Sac. It's not like he had a meltdown with the kings. He had issues on and off the court prior to being traded to the kings.

And his domestic violence charge wasn't for beating his wife. They both pushed each other, and she hit his car with something as he was leaving ala Tiger. He got charged, didn't fight it, and got 10 days in jail.

If I was going to pick a place for Cousins to go and develop, it certainly wouldn't be Sacramento.

Why?

On the plus side, his rookie numbers will probably be good because the Kings frontcourt is garbage, and he'll get tons of PT.
I would love for you to explain how their current frontcourt is "garbage".

sak
06-25-2010, 02:21 AM

That's obvious.

Lol. Udrhi was like 4th in fg percentage last year among all point guards. And mo is a better shooter. Stop doing drugs people. Lol. This trade doesn't even happen.

bdreason
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Again, Artest had problems upstairs prior to coming to Sac. It's not like he had a meltdown with the kings. He had issues on and off the court prior to being traded to the kings.

And his domestic violence charge wasn't for beating his wife. They both pushed each other, and she hit his car with something as he was leaving ala Tiger. He got charged, didn't fight it, and got 10 days in jail.

Why?

I would love for you to explain how their current frontcourt is "garbage".

Kings have no direction, and no veterans to take Cousins in and show him how to be professional. Their frontcourt consists of Jason Thompson, a guy with no offensive game, that had essentially played himself out of the starting lineup by the end of last season.... and Sammy Dalembert... a guy known for having his own mental and maturity issues, who plays unmotivated and uninspired basketball half the time.

But, like I said, Cousins will immediately be the best frontcourt scorer on the team, so his numbers should be decent.

Showtime
06-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Kings have no direction,

WTF? They have one of the best GM's in the league, an experienced coach, and their new direction is obviously about getting more physical and athletic. You want to talk about no direction? Take a look at minnesota.

and no veterans to take Cousins in and show him how to be professional.

A player doesn't need to be 35 to be a good example. They have quality professionals on the court and on the bench. Aside from Westphal, they also have assistants Mario Ellie and Truck Robinson. You may be too young to know who they are, so why do I even bother?

Their frontcourt consists of Jason Thompson, a guy with no offensive game, that had essentially played himself out of the starting lineup by the end of last season....

No offensive game around the basket, but he does have a face up jumper and gets putbacks with his hustle. And the acquisition of Landry and injuries were factors in him coming off the bench. Let's not act like he's Tyson Chandler on offense.

and Sammy Dalembert... a guy known for having his own mental and maturity issues, who plays unmotivated and uninspired basketball half the time.

Fine, but that half the time is good enough to be one of the better rebounders and shot blocking centers, and they don't need to rely on his inconsistency for big minutes with the depth they have. They just need him to come in and block some shots now and then, and can bench him whenever. Also, he's in a contract season, so he's more likely to give a better effort this upcoming season.

But, like I said, Cousins will immediately be the best frontcourt scorer on the team, so his numbers should be decent.

You also said their entire frontcourt is garbage, which it isn't. Thanks for ignoring Landry, who was one of the bright spots for Houston prior to being traded. He's a solid PF who can score and Brockman is the smash mouth 12th man. Top to bottom, they have a very good frontline. Young, and inexperienced, but talented nonetheless. They are not garbage.

Birmingham1955
06-25-2010, 03:18 AM
30 wins max

chitownsfinest
06-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Nice to see Sactown going in the right direction again. Cousins may be immature but dude is a competitor and wants to be regarded as the best among his peers and I think he will eventually mold into a more mature player. I don't watch much college ball but from what I've seen and heard about him, dude can run the floor, rebound, bang down low, and is a skilled passer for a big. Can he harness that talent into results? I think he can and will be a perennial 20/10 guy. People are being too hard on him imo.

I don't know if Sac-Town will be an elite team down the road, but the future is looking bright atm. Evans is already a borderline top 5 sg in the league, Landry seems to have been forgotten and is a banger in the low post and is a pretty damn good crunch time player as well, Caspi and Greene are both 22 and have decent game as well, and Thompson can crash the offensive glass and has a nice face up game as well. The average age of the King's nucleus is also under 25 so they should be around for a while.

sak
06-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I am very happy with this draft for the kings. I kinda wanted to see a potential point guard at #33 but whitesides up side could be great. The fact that he slid so far and were basiclly gonna pay him crap money, we kinda had to get him. Looks like we will need to get a good veteran guard.

BlueandGold
06-25-2010, 12:28 PM
An offensive perkins without 1/2 of the shotblocking and defensive ability.

sak
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
An offensive perkins without 1/2 of the shotblocking and defensive ability.

LOL. that cant even be a comparison. there completely different.

BlueandGold
06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
LOL. that cant even be a comparison. there completely different.

Cousins is 6'11 Perkins is 6'10

I don't know they just remind me of each other, maybe it's the facial expression or immature attitude. Time will tell but there's something about cousins that I don't like. Something about him makes me want to punch him in the face.

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2010, 03:02 PM

I don't know they just remind me of each other, maybe it's the facial expression or immature attitude. Time will tell but there's something about cousins that I don't like. Something about him makes me want to punch him in the face.
This board gonna let this guy get away saying Cousins and Perkins in the same sentence?

And to think you think you dropping knowledge. :oldlol:

LA KB24
06-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Can't get shat on when Bynum is not on the court.

hoopaddict08
06-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Why are you comparing them based off their height?