PDA

View Full Version : Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

dr8ked
06-25-2010, 12:26 AM
They Drafted 3, 7 feet tall Centers and have a future 1st pick from the Hornets. Looking at their roster when they made the Playoffs, it was obvious they were lacking length as bynum and gasol were getting key Offensive rebounds. Does the picks in this draft answer their major concerns ???

ZHAKIDD532
06-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Should be fun. I can't wait to see what they look like come opening night.

EarlTheGoat
06-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Sorry I missed the draft, somebody knows who they drafted exactly? Names and positions.

Hiei
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
You can't expect rookies to fit in right away. While some presence in the paint is better than none, what they can do remains to be seen.

dr8ked
06-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Sorry I missed the draft, somebody knows who they drafted exactly? Names and positions.

The drafted Cole adrich, some guy they have to keep in Europe to develop. and i forgot the last guys name but he will be playing.. Cole Aldrich is ready to play in the NBA. They won't ask alot from him, just grab rebounds and clog the lane.

I am that I am
06-25-2010, 12:38 AM
They Drafted 3, 7 feet tall Centers and have a future 1st pick from the Hornets. Looking at their roster when they made the Playoffs, it was obvious they were lacking length as bynum and gasol were getting key Offensive rebounds. Does the picks in this draft answer their major concerns ???
Last I remember Ibaka was getting boards and swatting shots left and right over Bynum and Gasol

Rekindled
06-25-2010, 12:40 AM
The drafted Cole adrich, some guy they have to keep in Europe to develop. and i forgot the last guys name but he will be playing.. Cole Aldrich is ready to play in the NBA. They won't ask alot from him, just grab rebounds and clog the lane.

pleiss i think wil be in nba next season, usually guys who attend the drafts in 2n round comes over, barring buyout issues(which isnt the case here)

ZHAKIDD532
06-25-2010, 12:48 AM
pleiss i think wil be in nba next season, usually guys who attend the drafts in 2n round comes over, barring buyout issues(which isnt the case here)
That French guy they got Kevin something was there, but they said he'll probably stay in Europe.

Aldrich is a good fit. They don't need their bigs to do very much on the offensive end. Durant and Westbrook have that covered. They just need them to defend.

Swaggin916
06-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Last I remember Ibaka was getting boards and swatting shots left and right over Bynum and Gasol

and how did that turn out?

This does make them a complete team with Aldrich being a true C and guy who can protect the paint and board... but they aren't getting past the Lakers for at least a couple years. You can have guys who can board and protect the paint, but no matter who your big men are, Gasol and Bynum are taller, longer, and way more skilled than any other frontcourt you are going to play. You have to be able to defend one on one in the post against the Lakers and then make sure you box out and get the board.

OKC should be a 55 win team next year... I mean shit they have a very good PG, good developing SG in Harden, top 10 player in Durant, versatile player in Jeff Green, and Ibaka and Alrich now to crash the boards and protect the paint... Yes they look like they are going to be a very good team... but the key to winning in the NBA is having big men who can score... and they still won't have them. Ibaka has a chance cus he has a pretty nice jumper, but Aldrich will never be that guy.

ProfessorMurder
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Didn't OKC trade the rights to one of them away?

I am that I am
06-25-2010, 01:04 AM
and how did that turn out?

This does make them a complete team with Aldrich being a true C and guy who can protect the paint and board... but they aren't getting past the Lakers for at least a couple years. You can have guys who can board and protect the paint, but no matter who your big men are, Gasol and Bynum are taller, longer, and way more skilled than any other frontcourt you are going to play. You have to be able to defend one on one in the post against the Lakers and then make sure you box out and get the board.

OKC should be a 55 win team next year... I mean shit they have a very good PG, good developing SG in Harden, top 10 player in Durant, versatile player in Jeff Green, and Ibaka and Alrich now to crash the boards and protect the paint... Yes they look like they are going to be a very good team... but the key to winning in the NBA is having big men who can score... and they still won't have them. Ibaka has a chance cus he has a pretty nice jumper, but Aldrich will never be that guy.
How did it turn out? Ibaka was a beast and put up career numbers and the young OKC team took the Lakers to 6, it turned out rather well I'd say

creepingdeath
06-25-2010, 07:05 AM
For OKC's and his own sake, I hope Pleiss is gonna get some minutes in their rotation, he's a very talented 7-foot center.. if things turn out the way they should be, you're gonna be very lucky with him.

dbugz
06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

Shane Battier to OKC would be awesome.

ukplayer4
06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
i dont think they have or will develop anyone soon who can replace jeff green as the pf, so they are always gonna have a non rebounding/shotblocking 4. ibaka looked great last year at centre tho but is it enough?

brooks_thompson
06-25-2010, 09:35 AM
They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

what? sefolosha will do. he doesn't have shooting touch, but he's good enough of a piece

Snoop_Cat
06-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I thought OKC had a TERRIFIC draft, one of the better ones by far.

With 3 big guys, there's a very good chance that at least one of them will develop into a startnig calibur NBA center. I'd consider moving Green to a super 6th man role ala Odom and consider starting Ibaka at PF for the size and Aldrich at C.

PG: Westbrook/Maynor
SG: Sefalosha/Harden
SF: Durant/Green
PF: Ibaka/Green
C: Aldrich/Ibaka/One of the other picks

Easily the brightest team of the future

brooks_thompson
06-25-2010, 10:10 AM

With 3 big guys, there's a very good chance that at least one of them will develop into a startnig calibur NBA center. I'd consider moving Green to a super 6th man role ala Odom and consider starting Ibaka at PF for the size and Aldrich at C.

Easily the brightest team of the future

don't forget krstic

twolvesfan
06-25-2010, 10:14 AM

Easily the brightest team of the futureI doubt Ibaka will start over Green. All i can say is that OKC has seemingly had like 3 perfect drafts in a row. They now are a better/more talented young team then POR ever was. I'm going to guess they will be a 4 seed next year.

liquidrage
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Sefolosha is an elite defensive guard. When Wade and Kobe are ON, no one can really guard them. But he does as good as anyone in the league. And Harden has a ton of potential to be a very good SG in this league.

-----

The Thunder aren't complete, but they're a 50 win team that would have gotten better just by aging. Aldrich was the PERFECT guy to get in this draft. They didn't need a C who needed touches. They needed a C to play D and rebound. He's a safe pick.

They might be a year away still, but now there is soooo many options with the lineup it isn't funny.

And they have a freaking Clippers #1 pick. That's insane. That means they could be adding another Top 5 talent to a team stacked with them that seems to really get drafting better then anyone else right now. I just wonder what year that 1st is gonna be. Either 11 or 12 I'd figure.

GOBB
06-25-2010, 10:25 AM
All OKC did was add Cole Aldrich. Why is thier draft getting praised so much?

Snoop_Cat
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM

They added multiple big men as insurance to increase the chances of a hit for their big men. They got additional first round picks for the future from the Clippers, with knowing their luck and West competition, might very well be a lottery pick. They also got another stud in Bledsoe who will be plenty of competition to Maynor for the back up PG spot. That my friend is a very good draft, unlike my Knicks....
seriously... Andy f*cking Rautins and Landry Fields....

edit: nvm, Bledsoe was traded lmao

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-25-2010, 10:45 AM

Because it is the cool thing to do... hype up all up and coming teams. Hell, the Portland and Chicago bandwagons of a few years ago were the same way....

Rekindled
06-25-2010, 10:46 AM

tibor pleiss , dude was projected to be a first rounder.

a clippers future first round pick, likeley to be a prety high

liquidrage
06-25-2010, 10:50 AM

The Thunder managed to turn their 2nd Rnd pick into a Clippers #1 pick via Miami's pick that Miami gave up because they wanted cap space. Which as we all know will be a lottery pick because it's the freaking Clippers.

They managed to get Aldrich, a great fit for the team at their biggest and really only weak spot, even though he was a lottery pick and they had no picks high enough to get him.

Nice potential pick at the top of Rnd 2 that. And Reid is a whatever and I've seen him play a ton and don't think a lot of him.

But those first two things are just pure gold.

GOBB
06-25-2010, 10:55 AM
For what they gave up for Cole Aldrich? I applaud the move. But Tibor Pliess must be someone Presti fell in love with. No clue who the hell that kid is. Hassan Whiteside was right there as well. Another projected first round pick. Ryan Reid was a wasted pick. He must have had a great combine or workout for them to take a chance on him.

That LAC first rd pick is protected.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
But Tibor Pliess must be someone Presti fell in love with. No clue who the hell that kid is.

The best German prospect since Dirk. Well, the only prospect since Dirk. But I seriousl doubt he ever comes to the NBA. And if he does, I have doubts he will be anything above a Bruno Sundov type player.

Rekindled
06-25-2010, 11:19 AM
For what they gave up for Cole Aldrich? I applaud the move. But Tibor Pliess must be someone Presti fell in love with. No clue who the hell that kid is. Hassan Whiteside was right there as well. Another projected first round pick. Ryan Reid was a wasted pick. He must have had a great combine or workout for them to take a chance on him.

have you even watched tibor pleiss play? dude already has a very good feel on offense, and you can tell he tries and is very smart on defense although his body still needs to get stronger. i think he wil be serge ibaka type of sleeper.

liquidrage
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Unless it's through 2050 it won't matter, it will be a lottery pick.

1~Gibson~1
06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
i would say they're close, but still not there yet. after trading Maynor they now have a need for backup PG but that wont be much of a problem considering that they have $$$ and that backup PG wont be playing much anyway.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Thabo Sefolosha / James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant / Kyle Weaver / Serge Ibaka
PF: Cole Aldrich / Jeff Green / Serge Ibaka
C: Nenad Kristic / Nick Collison / BJ Mullens

i think that's the lineup OKC should go with. they now have 6 servicable big, a superstar in KD, and a good supporting cast. Jeff Green would make a good 6th man too. they already have enough firepower in the starting unit with Westbrook and Durant. Green could help the bench, along with James Harder and whoever they sign as backup PG

GOBB
06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Unless it's through 2050 it won't matter, it will be a lottery pick.

It matters when people assume the pick if thiers next draft. Smarten up

liquidrage
06-25-2010, 11:36 AM
It matters when people assume the pick if thiers next draft. Smarten up

For all we know it's protected for 1 year only.

And before you tell someone to "smarten up" you might want to at least write decent English. Dick.

liquidrage
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
i would say they're close, but still not there yet. after trading Maynor they now have a need for backup PG but that wont be much of a problem considering that they have $$$ and that backup PG wont be playing much anyway.

Maynor wasn't traded.

boozehound
06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
no, there is no such thing as a complete team in the league. always room for improvement. Also, I dont think aldrich will be as serviceable as the media members anticipate. Frankly, I doubt hes better than Collison or Etan (do they still have him?).

GOBB
06-25-2010, 11:48 AM
For all we know it's protected for 1 year only.

And before you tell someone to "smarten up" you might want to at least write decent English. Dick.

Yeah 1 year. :rolleyes:

Like I said, smarten up. Then again whereas I can enroll in classes to write decent english for you to understand? You cant enroll, download or buy common sense.

LAC first rd in trade for Bledsoe (http://twitter.com/KBerg_CBS/status/16976794406)

Se
06-25-2010, 12:05 PM
They'll be complete if Aldrich is ready to start.
CT: Aldrich/ Krstic/ Collison/ Mullens/ Pleiss
PF: Ibaka/ White/ Reid
SF: Durant/ Green/ Williams
SG: Sefolosha/ Harden/ Cook/ Weaver
PG: Westbrook/ Maynor/ Shakur
Bolded players probably won't be on the roster next year. (Pleiss-NBDL, Reid-NBDL, Shakur-???)

Green should not be starting at PF. He was heavily exposed against the Lakers. He should be playing Odom's role.

creepingdeath
06-25-2010, 01:08 PM
have you even watched tibor pleiss play? dude already has a very good feel on offense, and you can tell he tries and is very smart on defense although his body still needs to get stronger. i think he wil be serge ibaka type of sleeper.
The guy has a lot of potential, I hope his talent won't be wasted on the bench. And don't forget: You can't teach size. But you're right, he's gotta get physically stronger, and he knows that.

Svendiggity
06-25-2010, 01:37 PM
the Thunder were the 8th seed. Chris Paul is back, Blake Griffon is healthy, Portland might not have injury problems? , hell even Memphis and Houston had pretty good drafts. The West is tough. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder don't make the playoffs, especially if the Spurs don't get dismantled.

To answer the question - they are not a complete team. Any team with Kevin Durant as the leader is not a complete team, sorry. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with that guy leading me. I play with more passion when I play pickup games.

The Thunder were able to play freely in the Playoffs because of many different factors. They had no pressure on them, and were able to just play like kids at a park. They won't be able to play that way again, because if they lose in the playoffs people won't say "wow they won 2 games against so and so" People only say that once, then they expect more.

ginobli2311
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
the Thunder were the 8th seed. Chris Paul is back, Blake Griffon is healthy, Portland might not have injury problems? , hell even Memphis and Houston had pretty good drafts. The West is tough. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder don't make the playoffs, especially if the Spurs don't get dismantled.

To answer the question - they are not a complete team. Any team with Kevin Durant as the leader is not a complete team, sorry. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with that guy leading me. I play with more passion when I play pickup games.

The Thunder were able to play freely in the Playoffs because of many different factors. They had no pressure on them, and were able to just play like kids at a park. They won't be able to play that way again, because if they lose in the playoffs people won't say "wow they won 2 games against so and so" People only say that once, then they expect more.

don't agree with you about durant at all. but i do agree that they better come to play next year. the west is really weak at the top (only 1 great team)....but there are a ton of good to pretty good teams capable of winning 50 games. if the blazers are healthy and the suns/spurs don't blow up....the thunder will really struggle to finish in the top 6.

Svendiggity
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
don't agree with you about durant at all. but i do agree that they better come to play next year. the west is really weak at the top (only 1 great team)....but there are a ton of good to pretty good teams capable of winning 50 games. if the blazers are healthy and the suns/spurs don't blow up....the thunder will really struggle to finish in the top 6.

Yeah honestly the top 6 are basically locks barring injuries. Bottom 2 will be a fight between Hornets , Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Grizzlies.

juju151111
06-25-2010, 01:50 PM
The Thunder will be top 5 barring injuries. The Thunder is still a young team and they will improve next season. Westbrook is still getting better.

ReturnofJPR
06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
You can't expect rookies to fit in right away. While some presence in the paint is better than none, what they can do remains to be seen.

Actually, you can. It happens all of the time. One example is PF Taj Gibson of the Chicago Bulls.

Grinder
06-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Will they start Ibaka and have Green coming off the bench to back up the 3 and 4? Will Cole Aldrich start? Help me out here OKC fans.

Westbrook/Maynor/Weaver
Sefolosha/Harden/Cook
Durant/Green/Peterson
Ibaka/Collison/White
Aldrich/Krstic/Mullens

ashbelly
06-25-2010, 04:05 PM
They also got Mo peterson from the hornets after they traded a draft pick last night.

ODEN>DURANT
06-25-2010, 08:38 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Thunder go backing up there great seaon. I still think a healthy Blazers are more complete and have a better roster. There is so many good teams in the West though...

DuMa
06-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Only if they dont blow it by starting green all year long or by giving mopete lots of minutes

ZenMaster
06-25-2010, 10:35 PM

I don't like how you just say that they where the 8th seed like they didn't do that good. It's not like they just barely got in.

They won just as many games as the 6th seed, and where only 7 games away from the 1st seed and 4 games away from the 3rd seed, while they where 8 games ahead of Houston at 9th.

And your approach towards is so negative, don't forget that they are one of the youngest teams in the league and players do still improve a lot at the age most of them are at.