PDA

View Full Version : If Bulls sign Lebron and Bosh, can they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series?

CP_Hornet
06-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Your thoughts?

Rose/Lebron/Bosh/Noah vs Kobe/Gasol/Artest/Odom/Bynum

Lebron23
06-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Yes,

That's the most talented team since the 1990's Chicago Bulls. Bulls would beat the Lakers in Game 7.

Kensta
06-28-2010, 03:09 AM
I say the Bulls would be the favors.

cotdt
06-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Yes,

That's the most talented team since the 1990's Chicago Bulls. Bulls would beat the Lakers in Game 7.

They will be weak defensively against the Lakers, and Rose would have a very limited role with Lebron there.

The 90s Bulls teams would have been outrebounded severely due to Laker size. And though the Bulls teams were ranked 1 in defense, their defensive efficiency of 101 points allowed per 100 possessions is not on par with today's best defensive teams.

DwightHowardMVP
06-28-2010, 03:10 AM
Your thoughts?

Bosh/Bron even out with Kobe/Gasol

But Rose being a 3rd option? IF they run real offense i see them being unstoppable if they can keep chemistry

ImmortalD24
06-28-2010, 03:11 AM
I say the Bulls would be the favors.
Agreed.

Even with Joe Johnson + LeBron they'd still be the hands down favorites by far. :D

cotdt
06-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Bosh/Bron even out with Kobe/Gasol

But Rose being a 3rd option? IF they run real offense i see them being unstoppable if they can keep chemistry

If they run Lebron-iso and pick-and-rolls, like they most likely would, then Rose would be reduced to a spot-up shooter. His jumpshot is not his best asset.

DwightHowardMVP
06-28-2010, 03:15 AM
If they run Lebron-iso and pick-and-rolls, like they most likely would, then Rose would be reduced to a spot-up shooter. His jumpshot is not his best asset.
Yeah thats what im thinking. And rose is going to go from doing whatever he want on offense to being a limited role-player? And Bosh thinks he's a centerpiece?

I dont see it working out if lebron thinks he's going to put up 30 8 8

tpols
06-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Agreed.

Even with Joe Johnson + LeBron they'd still be the hands down favorites by far. :D
Sorry but noah/ gibson would get eaten alive by gasol/bynum.
In that case, lakers in 6 at the most (prolly 5).

With bosh and lebron I still see a healthy much bigger lakers team outrebounding and outplaying them.

ginobli2311
06-28-2010, 03:19 AM
not sure i love the idea of rose / lebron / bosh....

but yes they could and most likely would. it would just take bosh taking on a much more limited role offensively and him working really hard on the boards and on defense....something he would do in the playoffs in a game 7.

don't forget how good the lakers actually are though. if bynum is healthy they are one of the most talented teams this league has seen in a while in my opinion. two top 5 bigs.....a top 5 player in kobe. the best coach ever in the nba. one of the best bench players in odom. one of the best perimeter defenders in artest.....and one of the most clutch players in the league in fisher.

if they add another guard and another bench player its scary how good they can be.

Lakers13
06-28-2010, 03:20 AM
So Noah is goin to keep Bynum, Odom, and Gasol out of the paint himself? Now Rose is an intriguing 3rd option but like others have mentioned, if he reduced as a spot up shooter, he's not as effective. Really going to depend on the offense those Bulls will run.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2010, 03:24 AM
With Bosh I think the Bulls win in 6. It will be interesting to see how Thibadeau does teaching some of those players (Rose and Bosh in particular) how to play playoff level defense like his Celtics teams.

Factor in probably no Phil Jackson, and I don't think the Lakers can pull a 3-peat. That Bulls team would be significantly better than the Celtics squad that took the Lakers to 7 this year.

cotdt
06-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah thats what im thinking. And rose is going to go from doing whatever he want on offense to being a limited role-player? And Bosh thinks he's a centerpiece?

I dont see it working out if lebron thinks he's going to put up 30 8 8

I don't see it working out that well either, though I'm sure they'd still be one of the best teams in the East.

Rose/Lebron/Bosh/Noah still needs a sharpshooter for the offense to work, or the opposing team could just clog the paint and Lebron won't be able to drive. Ever wonder why Mo Williams' shooting has such a huge impact on the Cleveland team's success?

coin24
06-28-2010, 03:31 AM
I'll go with the Lakers i think... Been together a while, 3 straight finals appearances, plenty of chemistry/experience...

That hypothetical bulls team bar Lebron hasnt really been out of the first round...

I see the bulls main strength with the ball in Rose's hands, not Lebron running iso and dribbling out 20 seconds a posession.. As said previously, rose as a spot up jump shooter = fail, bosh wanting to be no1 option and Lebron wanting his stats... recipe for disaster imo which is why i dont think it will be happening...

macpierce
06-28-2010, 03:36 AM
if the lakers are healthy and they have another point guard to back up fisher, ill take the lakers. I would find it really interesting to see the bulls coming out of the east, they need to beat the magic and the aging celtics.

mamba24
06-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Id say no.

7 game series? and their coach is a defensive expert....Mike brown anyone?

I dont care how good rose and lebron are as individuals as a team component its like having two similar guys.

pau will dominate Bosh
Bynum will dominate noah
Lebron will have his score
kobe will have his...cause the bulls will not have a defensive stopper.
Rose will have his...

But the lineup is not balanced for the bulls.

If phil Jackson is coaching...game over in 6.

Haters may not like it...but sadly you gotta live with it.

Lol at ginobli calling kobe a top 5 player. just after the championship he said kobes not a top 10 player

BlueandGold
06-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Rofl people have asked this same question about Lebron and the Cavs for the past two years.

They have to beat Orlando and Boston first.

Clocian-IGN
06-28-2010, 05:16 AM
bulls in 6

ginobli2311
06-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Id say no.

I dont care how good rose and lebron are as individuals as a team component its like having two similar guys.

pau will dominate Bosh
Bynum will dominate noah
Rose will have his...

Lol at ginobli calling kobe a top 5 player. just after the championship he said kobes not a top 10 player

i was talking about top five in the league today dude

Batz
06-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Id say no.

pau will dominate Bosh
Bynum will dominate noah
Rose will have his...

This really. :confusedshrug:

Pinkhearts
06-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Maybe not immediately, but eventually they will.

There's too much talent. They just need some time to figure out the kinks and find and optimal system and figure out their roles. And maybe add more talent to their bench. So in 2 years that team will own the Lakers straight up.

That team + MLE + vets + proper system and coach = instant championship

JimmyConway
06-28-2010, 05:36 AM
is this a serious question? the lakers would be lucky to win one game against that bulls team. seriously?

Clocian-IGN
06-28-2010, 05:38 AM
i lol at the people saying rose/bron/bosh not a good fit and that they wouldn't be able to defend the lakers :oldlol:. haters haters.......haters. we'll see if bron and bosh signs with us. rose is training his ass off as we speak improving on his 3 and with thibs his and the team's overall defense will improve a lot.

cotdt
06-28-2010, 05:47 AM
And who's going to guard Kobe? Who's going to be their perimeter shooter, of which they need several?

I remember how hyped Cleveland was when they got Shaq+Jamison added onto a team that already had 66 (*67) wins the previous season. But the team has to fit together well, and you've got Lebron and Rose who do the same things, both needing the ball to be effective.

BigTicket
06-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Who the hell knows.

The last head coach job Tom Thibedeau had was Salem State College back in 1984

We've seen seen Lebron/Bosh/Rose play together so there is no telling what the chemistry would be like.

And is there going to be locker room tension between Noah and Lebron ?

All in all it's a question noone can answer.

Could the Bulls win if everyting worked out perfectly ? Sure. Will everything work out perfectly ? No.

cotdt
06-28-2010, 05:51 AM

I can imagine Lebron dancing again.

Clocian-IGN
06-28-2010, 05:51 AM
bookmark thread :)

Pharcyde
06-28-2010, 09:00 AM

No.

Bigsmoke
06-28-2010, 09:05 AM
this is how i see it

Lebron+Bosh+Rose > 2008 KG+Pierce+Ray Allen

and KG+Pierce+Allen in 2008 were good enough to beat the Lakers by 40 in game 6.

JohnnySic
06-28-2010, 09:13 AM
You need bruising bigs to beat the Lakers.

Bosh + Noah...........I dunno.......

Andrei89
06-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Omg that bulls team would feast on the Lakers:lol

Lakers struggled beating the Celtics although they out rebounded them everytime.

But i expected most of Laker fans to sya no. LoL

game3524
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Lmao, LA's frontcourt would destroy this guys. The only team that can beat LA in 7 game series was Boston because they had length and physicality in the frontcourt. If you can't matchup against LA's size and versatility in the frontcourt then chances are you won't beat LA.

amfirst
06-28-2010, 10:16 AM
I rather go against LeBron/Rose than LeBron/Mo. We'll just pack the paint with Mo it's a little more tricky. :lol

And Bosh can be stopped.

chips93
06-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Lmao, LA's frontcourt would destroy this guys. The only team that can beat LA in 7 game series was Boston because they had length and physicality in the frontcourt. If you can't matchup against LA's size and versatility in the frontcourt then chances are you won't beat LA.

Boston didnt have much length or size. Chicago would have much more

LA destroyed boston's bigs but it still went all the way to a tight game 7. those bulls would be much better on the boards and in the paint. it would take away lakers biggest strenght (outside of kobe). Boston didnt have a big with noahs combination of size and mobility.

Outside of the bigs chicago is much better than either the lakers or the celtics. Chicago would kill teams as long as it is more than lebron isos.
Rose/Bosh pick and roll/pick and pop would be unstoppable as long as rose continues to improve his jumpshot

game3524
06-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Boston didnt have much length or size. Chicago would have much more

LA destroyed boston's bigs but it still went all the way to a tight game 7. those bulls would be much better on the boards and in the paint. it would take away lakers biggest strenght (outside of kobe). Boston didnt have a big with noahs combination of size and mobility.

Outside of the bigs chicago is much better than either the lakers or the celtics. Chicago would kill teams as long as it is more than lebron isos.
Rose/Bosh pick and roll/pick and pop would be unstoppable as long as rose continues to improve his jumpshot

The Celtics lost because they couldn't rebound with the loss of Perkins. LA's frontcourt was not consistent in the finals. The reason why LA had trouble with Boston and Cleveland to a degree in the regular season was due to the physicality and length of their frontcourts. The frontcourt of Sheed, Perkins, and Garnett matchs up better against LA then Noah, Bosh etc. LA will simply overpower them if they are healthy.

ashbelly
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Rose jumpshot is underated. dude was hitting all those shots during the Cavs series. Who did the Bulls draft this year ???

dbugz
06-28-2010, 11:06 AM
No, because Bosh is too soft inside.

beermonsteroo
06-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Your thoughts?

They would destroy them in 5 at max.

game3524
06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Do some of you guys even watch basketball? What makes LA so hard to beat is their size, versatility, and skill in the frontcourt. The frontline of Gasol, Bynum, and Odom is a matchup nightmare for every team in the league. Adding Lebron and Bosh doesn't solve that problem.

tpols
06-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Do some of you guys even watch basketball? What makes LA so hard to beat is their size, versatility, and skill in the frontcourt. The frontline of Gasol, Bynum, and Odom is a matchup nightmare for every team in the league. Adding Lebron and Bosh doesn't solve that problem.
yea these bulls fans are just seeing the great talent and thinking it''ll be a sweep but what they aren't addressing is the major matchup issues...

The lakers have a defensive stopper in artest plus two towers in the middle...
The cavs have no one to guard kobe and their big men aren't nearly as intimidating...
Their frontcourt is severely overmatched on both sides of the ball...

Plus people keep comparing them to pierce/allen/KG but there's a huge difference here...Paul pierce and ray allen are excellent shooters while Lebron and rose are not. Lebron and rose are both drivers and won't be nearly as effective because unlike either of them, ray allen is one of the best off the ball runners in the league. He's the reason that system works.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Yeah and Who stops Rose and Lebron from dominating Gm ? Bulls have 2 Guys who can get to rim or score whenever they want the Lakers have one with Kobe and not so much if Lebron is Covering him..Bosh and Gasol cancel each other out although I am pretty Sure Bosh would get the Btter of Pau much like the Pre-injured KG.

macpierce
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
wow bulls bangwagon/lebron hipsters hoping on the bandwagon before july 1st:oldlol: ..............You would dare talk shit about beating a back to back champion when your "team" hasnt done shit in 12 years? ****ing pathetic :oldlol:

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Now if Bulls Trade Deng to Magic like Rumored for Pietris and Gortat than the Bulls would be untouchable. Pietris gives a Guy who can knock down Big Shots and Gortat another Big Body who can Bang with Gasol and Bynum. Bosh,Noah along with Gortat and Taj Gibson gives the Bulls the Best big Rotation in NBA.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 11:41 AM
yea these bulls fans are just seeing the great talent and thinking it''ll be a sweep but what they aren't addressing is the major matchup issues...

The lakers have a defensive stopper in artest plus two towers in the middle...
The cavs have no one to guard kobe and their big men aren't nearly as intimidating...
Their frontcourt is severely overmatched on both sides of the ball...

Plus people keep comparing them to pierce/allen/KG but there's a huge difference here...Paul pierce and ray allen are excellent shooters while Lebron and rose are not. Lebron and rose are both drivers and won't be nearly as effective because unlike either of them, ray allen is one of the best off the ball runners in the league. He's the reason that system works.

Yeah Ray shot Great against Lakers..LOL..Bottom Line who would U rather face right now Allen and PP or Rose and Lebron ? It is a No contest My Friend..

game3524
06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah and Who stops Rose and Lebron from dominating Gm ? Bulls have 2 Guys who can get to rim or score whenever they want the Lakers have one with Kobe and not so much if Lebron is Covering him..Bosh and Gasol cancel each other out although I am pretty Sure Bosh would get the Btter of Pau much like the Pre-injured KG.

Lebron and Rose will get theres, but please Bosh would not dominate Pau like Garnett did. KG is one of the best defenders of all-time, it is all about matchups. LA's frontcourt will have a much easier time against a frontcourt of Bosh and Noah then they did with Garnett and Perkins. IMO, as long as LA has the frontcourt advantage, they should be the favorites.

2010splash
06-28-2010, 11:46 AM
They'd not only beat them, they'd crush them.

Rose > Fisher (not even close)
LeBron > Artest (not even close)
Bosh > Gasol
Noah > Bynum

Lakers have the matchup advantage at one position. Kobe is not going to play Rose like he did with Rajon "I have no offensive skill" Rondo.

What's all this talk about the Lakers' size? Who cares? It's about talent and Bosh/Noah were at the very worst equals to Gasol and Bynum this year.

Rose vs Fisher? :roll: LeBron vs Artest? :roll:

glidedrxlr22
06-28-2010, 11:46 AM
If 3 old players plus Rondo dragged the Lakers through a 7 game series, the new look Bulls with take at most 6 games to mop the floor with the Lakers. Nobody would stop Lebron, Bosh would be hitting jumpers and dragging out Gasol from interior defending and Rose would blow by anybody. Add a 3 point shooter and it's lights out....over.

tpols
06-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah Ray shot Great against Lakers..LOL..Bottom Line who would U rather face right now Allen and PP or Rose and Lebron ? It is a No contest My Friend..
dude I'm talking about spacing the floor...they're whole offense was pick and rolls with ganrnet and pierce/rondo and setting many, many screens for ray allen. Just the fact that he's on the floor makes it harder to double team guys and it stretches the defense making garnett's life in the post easier and opening up driving lanes for pierce and rondo....

You'll see what happens if this scenario occurs... they wouldn't be able to take the lakers...

game3524
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Wow, some of you guys really don't get it. You can't beat LA if you don't have a physical presence in the post, Boston had the best roster to deal with LA, due to Perkins physical presence, Sheeds length, and even KG is still a good defender. It looks really good on paper, but in reality it doesn't solve the matchup problems the Lakers pose.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 11:57 AM
dude I'm talking about spacing the floor...they're whole offense was pick and rolls with ganrnet and pierce/rondo and setting many, many screens for ray allen. Just the fact that he's on the floor makes it harder to double team guys and it stretches the defense making garnett's life in the post easier and opening up driving lanes for pierce and rondo....

You'll see what happens if this scenario occurs... they wouldn't be able to take the lakers...

Right Celtics Struggled Scoring Lebron,Rose and Bosh who Combine 75 ppg between the 3 alone.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Wow, some of you guys really don't get it. You can't beat LA if you don't have a physical presence in the post, Boston had the best roster to deal with LA, due to Perkins physical presence, Sheeds length, and even KG is still a good defender. It looks really good on paper, but in reality it doesn't solve the matchup problems the Lakers pose.

If Bulls get Gortat they they have the Better Frontline..your Forgetting they still have a Skilled 7 footer off the Bench in Brad Miller right now..

What U don't Realize is Noah is a GREAT defender/Rebounder and Would give Gasol and Odom all sorts of Problems. Bosh is also just as Tall as KG. Anyway no sense in arguing about it until if and when it happens.

tpols
06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Right Celtics Struggled Scoring Lebron,Rose and Bosh who Combine 75 ppg between the 3 alone.
Yeah but they were all the 1st option on their respective teams... lets see how they share the ball together.

tpols
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
If Bulls get Gortat they they have the Better Frontline..your Forgetting they still have a Skilled 7 footer off the Bench in Brad Miller right now..

What U don't Realize is Noah is a GREAT defender/Rebounder and Would give Gasol and Odom all sorts of Problems. Bosh is also just as Tall as KG. Anyway no sense in arguing about it until if and when it happens.
Noah would be guarding bynum in the finals. Bynum has height on him and 50 pounds... he'd get bitched out man. Gasol would totally have his way with noah too. You really think noah can defend better than KG or Perkins? Cmon bro get real. And Odom? I'd love to see noah attempt to guard odom 30 feet from the basket. He'd straight break the dudes ankles.

It would be a close series but I don't know how some of you guys are saying no contest in favor of the bulls when the lakers have so much more experience and depth.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah but they were all the 1st option on their respective teams... lets see how they share the ball together.

Im not too worried right now until it happens..

macpierce
06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
will it happen? or is this fantasy island :roll:

game3524
06-28-2010, 12:34 PM

Miller is a free agent and will likely go to Boston to replace Sheed. Noah is a good defender, but he isn't as good as Perk. And Bosh is no where near 2008 Garnett as a defender. They simply don't matchup well against the Lakers like Boston did.

jjayfive
06-28-2010, 12:35 PM
it all depends on how rose and lebron can play together.. they are 2 players that need the ball in their hands.. you can't match player for player because it's is a team game and chemistry plays a big role.. if bynum is heathly and the lakers strengthens the bench, i don't see the bulls beating them...

TheAnchorman
06-28-2010, 12:35 PM
They said the exact same thing about the celtics big 3 in 2008. Hell, I said the sam exact thing about the celtics big 3 in 2008.

IBrickShots
06-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Lakers obviously.
Look at the lineup 5 v 4

But nawh depends cause both their benches will probably be sh it since Bulls will be over the cap with Lebron and Bosh signed.

dbugz
06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
LeBron is great, He'll will be able to score no matter what defense you put up on him, just like the case of Kobe.

But Bosh? dude is freaking soft. Lakers Bynum/Gasol and Celtics KG/Perkins will destroy him inside together with Noah.

LeBron's Cavaliers >>> LeBron + Bosh in the Knicks.

tpols
06-28-2010, 12:51 PM
They said the exact same thing about the celtics big 3 in 2008. Hell, I said the sam exact thing about the celtics big 3 in 2008.
yeah they did... but boston's combo included a ballhandler, a shooter, and a post player...

Chicago's, if this situation plays out, will include a ballhandler, a ballhandler, and a post player... see the difference?

Thom.Yorke
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
lol 3 straight finals appearances vs some alleged team. look what happened to lebrons past 60+ win teams.

bosh/noah vs gasol/bynum

if bynum is healthy this isn't even fair offensively and defensively.

lebron will get his just like kobe.

as for rose he's a toss up like odom he's not going to be as effective without the ball. rondo is about as good as rose if not better and handled him for most of the series.

lakers in 6.

tpols
06-28-2010, 01:04 PM
They'd not only beat them, they'd crush them.

Rose > Fisher (not even close)
LeBron > Artest (not even close)
Bosh > Gasol
Noah > Bynum

Lakers have the matchup advantage at one position. Kobe is not going to play Rose like he did with Rajon "I have no offensive skill" Rondo.

What's all this talk about the Lakers' size? Who cares? It's about talent and Bosh/Noah were at the very worst equals to Gasol and Bynum this year.

Rose vs Fisher? :roll: LeBron vs Artest? :roll:
:roll: lol get a new hobby kid

And you conveniently left kobe bryant, the lakers best player, out of your comparison...

crisoner
06-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Lakers team championship proven...what about the Bulls? Noah I guess?

I would love to see this match up but at the end in game 7 the Lakers will win...on home court or on the road. People forget LeBron has a whole lot of growing up to do.

Papaya Petee
06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
The beggining made me laugh when someone said LeBron and Bosh = Kobe and Pau. Bulls would without a doubt be the favorites, and probably win in 6 games at most if have Home-Court.

game3524
06-28-2010, 01:11 PM
The beggining made me laugh when someone said LeBron and Bosh = Kobe and Pau. Bulls would without a doubt be the favorites, and probably win in 6 games at most if have Home-Court.

Why would the Bulls be the favorites, do you guys honestly think Bosh is going to steal Pau's lunch money like KG did two years ago? Some of you guys need to layoff the videogames and look at the matchups.

crisoner
06-28-2010, 01:12 PM
lol 3 straight finals appearances vs some alleged team. look what happened to lebrons past 60+ win teams.

bosh/noah vs gasol/bynum

as for rose he's a toss up like odom he's not going to be as effective without the ball. rondo is about as good as rose if not better and handled him for most of the series.

lakers in 6.

Funny how the kiddies get overhyped about this alleged team. Would be a good team but beating the two time defending champs next year? Nope.
I think we will see a even better Laker team then the past two season next year. That alone is scary.

But this alleged LeBron Bulls team IMO will win the a championship in 2012 barring the Mayan end of days thing doesn't happen.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 01:12 PM
yeah they did... but boston's combo included a ballhandler, a shooter, and a post player...

Chicago's, if this situation plays out, will include a ballhandler, a ballhandler, and a post player... see the difference?

Your argument has Huge Holes in it..The Celtics Shooter was firing blanks and Lebron and Rose both can Knock down Jumpers alot better than Rondo. Rose is also a Better Finisher than Rondo in the Halfcourt attacking basket. Calling the Best player in basketball just a Ballhandler is also comical( he can do it all)Rose and James are two of the 5 most Dynamic players in the NBA all around.

2010splash
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM
:roll: lol get a new hobby kid

And you conveniently left kobe bryant, the lakers best player, out of your comparison...
Nope. I said the Lakers have a matchup advantage at one position. Considering that I included PG, SF, PF and C in the post, most would logically deduce that the Lakers' matchup advantage is at SG with Kobe.

Healthy Bynum? Who cares about "what ifs"? Bynum didn't outproduce Noah this year, fact. Good for him that he weighs 50 pounds more. So does Kendrick Perkins. He's still worse.

Bosh is just as good as Gasol. Remember that Gasol was a nobody until he rode Kobe's coattails to these two titles. Nothing about Gasol pre-Kobe made him better than Bosh is right now.

crisoner
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM

How does LeBron and Bosh 0 titles = Kobe and Pau 2 titles together?

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 01:15 PM

bosh/noah vs gasol/bynum

lakers in 6.

Rose is a Much better scorer..Watched both very closely against Cavs and Rose is better shooter/scorer while Rondo the better setup man..both deadly in open court however.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
It depends... If Bulls were able to find a lock down defender at SG then they would have a chance. I think it would be a lock for that team to beat an old Boston team IMO. and Orlando wouldn't stack up either.

dbugz
06-28-2010, 01:19 PM
LeBron and Rose will always be a threat to any team.

But Bosh as a threat inside? No. Dude is a softy.

An old, fat Shaq destroyed this softy and his entire softy group in Phoenix.

crisoner
06-28-2010, 01:24 PM
I hope the LeBron bandwagon camp moves to Chicago now.

And when they don't make the Finals I would love to hear the silence.

http://squathole.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/duct_tape.jpg

tpols
06-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Nope. I said the Lakers have a matchup advantage at one position. Considering that I included PG, SF, PF and C in the post, most would logically deduce that the Lakers' matchup advantage is at SG with Kobe.

Healthy Bynum? Who cares about "what ifs"? Bynum didn't outproduce Noah this year, fact. Good for him that he weighs 50 pounds more. So does Kendrick Perkins. He's still worse.

Bosh is just as good as Gasol. Remember that Gasol was a nobody until he rode Kobe's coattails to these two titles. Nothing about Gasol pre-Kobe made him better than Bosh is right now.
First, Noah and perkins both are terrible offensively, but perkins has the edge on defense. Anyone will tell you he is a much stronger and better post defender.

Second, Gasol took his memphis team to 3 playoff appearances in the West...Bosh wouldn't get 30 wins in the west with his team.

Third, if you think noah is better than bynum you might as well delete your account cuz no ones taking you seriously after that.

VishaltotheG
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Rose will NOT be reduced to a spot shooter people. He will become a pass first point guard like his rookie year. And if Bosh and Bron aren't feeling it, Rose can take over the game by shooting more often. The only reason he shot more often this year was because the Bulls had no other scorers on the team. The instant Rose gets a scorer, he will pass first.

dbugz
06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
First, Noah and perkins both are terrible offensively, but perkins has the edge on defense. Anyone will tell you he is a much stronger and better post defender.

Second, Gasol took his memphis team to 3 playoff appearances in the West...Bosh wouldn't get 30 wins in the west with his team.

Third, if you think noah is better than bynum you might as well delete your account cuz no ones taking you seriously after that.

Bosh fanboys are just there waiting to use Bosh's teammates as an excuse again. :oldlol:

tpols
06-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Your argument has Huge Holes in it..The Celtics Shooter was firing blanks and Lebron and Rose both can Knock down Jumpers alot better than Rondo. Rose is also a Better Finisher than Rondo in the Halfcourt attacking basket. Calling the Best player in basketball just a Ballhandler is also comical( he can do it all)Rose and James are two of the 5 most Dynamic players in the NBA all around.
He was firing blanks when? In the finals? Yea after he set the three point record in game two and the lakers focused much of their defense on him.

And why are you bringing in rondo? He's like the fourth guy outside of the comparisons that is just another plus for boston. We're comparing rose/lebron/bosh to pierce/allen/KG. And the fact is pierce and allen are WAY better shooters than lebron and rose. (and 2008 KG was a better package on both sides of the ball than bosh right now)

and lol at the bolded part... if rondo couldn't drive or play-make why would he be on the team? He can't hit rim outside of 15 feet.

game3524
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM

Yup.

Perk is one of the best post defenders in the league, Noah is no where near his level.

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Yup.

Perk is one of the best post defenders in the league, Noah is no where near his level.

Well guess what ..Noah is the superior player overall !

tpols
06-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Well guess what ..Noah is the superior player overall !
what's he superior at lol?

Let's take a look:

-both have no shot and no offensive post game
-Perkins is a better defender
-They are equally good rebounders (Perkins had to share his rebounds with KG and Rondo; who did noah share boards with? Luol deng lol?)

Indian guy
06-28-2010, 02:28 PM
:oldlol: @ a Top 15 player in Rose being relegated to a spot-up shooter if he played alongside LeBron. I also find it funny how LA fans, who could never stop gushing or fearing Cleveland the past 2 seasons, now think it's comical to believe a team with 3 Top 15 players can beat them. Shaq/Jamison/LeBron/Parker/Mo scared them, but Noah/Bosh/LeBron/Deng/Rose doesn't? :rolleyes:. The former is a worse team in every way.

Millennium X
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Dude thinks Kendrick Perkins is better than Joakim Noah. :roll: :oldlol:

Millennium X
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
or tell me outside of man defense what exactly perkins is better at?

BallsOut
06-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Perkins is the better defensive player/anchor. Noah is the better hustle player. Both their offensive games stink. Against Gasol/Bynum, you need Perkins though. He has the strength in the post to match them.

Rose/Lebron will not work out. Both these guys can't shoot and need the ball in their hands to be effective. Then you have Bosh, the RuPaul of big men, and then you add in chemistry, a great coach and structured offense, its pretty easy to see why the Lakers are still better.

tpols
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
SMH man...

macpierce
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
comparing the defense of perkins against dwight howard to the defense noah plays against howard......WHO WINS I WONDER:oldlol:
stupid bulls fans

game3524
06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Perkins is the better defensive player/anchor. Noah is the better hustle player. Both their offensive games stink. Against Gasol/Bynum, you need Perkins though. He has the strength in the post to match them.

Rose/Lebron will not work out. Both these guys can't shoot and need the ball in their hands to be effective. Then you have Bosh, the RuPaul of big men, and then you add in chemistry, a great coach and structured offense, its pretty easy to see why the Lakers are still better.

Exactly, people need to look at the matchups.

The Bulls frontcourt of Noah and Bosh simply don't give them an edge over LA, and you need that to beat them.

BobCatsFanInTx
06-28-2010, 03:25 PM
They will be weak defensively against the Lakers, and Rose would have a very limited role with Lebron there.

The 90s Bulls teams would have been outrebounded severely due to Laker size. And though the Bulls teams were ranked 1 in defense, their defensive efficiency of 101 points allowed per 100 possessions is not on par with today's best defensive teams.ROFLMAO

TheCorporation
06-28-2010, 03:29 PM
How does LeBron and Bosh 0 titles = Kobe and Pau 2 titles together?

Titles determine overall skill?

Fisher > Rose?
Artest > LBJ?

Come on man...

Pharcyde
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Exactly, people need to look at the matchups.

The Bulls frontcourt of Noah and Bosh simply don't give them an edge over LA, and you need that to beat them.

Trade Deng for Pietrus and Gortat then.

Rose/Vet
Pietrus/Vet
LeBron/Johnson
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Gortat

That is a vastly superior team that can rebound better then LA and won't get "abused" like you keep saying. There's so many offensive play options on that team with a Thibs defense.

TheCorporation
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM

True lol.

Healthy Byunm > Noah

macpierce
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
lets talk hypothetically about a team that could come to fruition and may or may not work out beating a DEFENDING BACK TO BACK REPEAT CHAMPION.........am I delusional or what:roll:

TheCorporation
06-28-2010, 03:34 PM
lets talk hypothetically about a team that could come to fruition and may or may not work out beating a DEFENDING BACK TO BACK REPEAT CHAMPION.........am I delusional or what:roll:

The fans can dream, cant' they? :p

game3524
06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Trade Deng for Pietrus and Gortat then.

Rose/Vet
Pietrus/Vet
LeBron/Johnson
Bosh/Taj
Noah/Gortat

That is a vastly superior team that can rebound better then LA and won't get "abused" like you keep saying. There's so many offensive play options on that team with a Thibs defense.

:roll:

That still doesn't solve the problem, LA's bigs are still a match up problem for them. Also why the hell would the Magic do that deal anyway?

Pharcyde
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
:roll:

That still doesn't solve the problem, LA's bigs are still a match up problem for them. Also why the hell would the Magic do that deal anyway?
You're being really exaggerative in the "matchup problem".

It's been rumored around a lot. Probably because Deng is better then both and would instantly become their 2nd best player.

crisoner
06-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Bulls fans and bandwagon LeBron heads getting WAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of themselves.

/thread

highwhey
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
as good as they would be, in the back of my mind, i firmly believe they will disapoint in the playoffs.

DKLaker
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
That would be a great team however no one on that team knows how to win a championship, that would be the deternining factor.....championship experience....Lakers in 6 or 7.

cotdt
06-28-2010, 05:42 PM
as good as they would be, in the back of my mind, i firmly believe they will disapoint in the playoffs.

I agree. Lebron is a great player, he just isn't a winner.

ginobli2311
06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
I agree. Lebron is a great player, he just isn't a winner.

lol. they said the same thing about jordan for his first 6 years in the league. if lebron gets on the right team with the right coach....he will win 4 titles in the next 8 years.

i can't wait to bump comments like this. as if lebron has played poorly in the playoffs or something. i guess he wasn't a winner when he led the worst team ever to make the finals.....

can't wait.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
lol. they said the same thing about jordan for his first 6 years in the league. if lebron gets on the right team with the right coach....he will win 4 titles in the next 8 years.

i can't wait to bump comments like this. as if lebron has played poorly in the playoffs or something. i guess he wasn't a winner when he led the worst team ever to make the finals.....

can't wait.

that goes without saying "right team" "right coach". That's true of any player.

the question is: what is the "right team"? Apparently, it is something more than 3 all-stars (including Lebron) plus a couple former all-stars; i.e. it is more than a 60-win team.

ginobli2311
06-28-2010, 06:04 PM
that goes without saying "right team" "right coach". That's true of any player.

the question is: what is the "right team"? Apparently, it is something more than 3 all-stars (including Lebron) plus a couple former all-stars; i.e. it is more than a 60-win team.

stop trying to say that mo williams and jamison are good pieces. they are over-rated one dimensional palyers that disappear in crunch time and in the playoffs

stop trying to judge the cavs by regular season play. its pathetic.

go look at the last 30 nba championship teams. and you tell me if mo and jamison and mike brown belong in the same caliber.....its a joke.

Skip Bayless
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
stop trying to say that mo williams and jamison are good pieces. they are over-rated one dimensional palyers that disappear in crunch time and in the playoffs

go look at the last 30 nba championship teams. and you tell me if mo and jamison and mike brown belong in the same caliber.....its a joke.

And the excuse's continue to roll.

ginobli2311
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
And the excuse's continue to roll.

I think you confuse excuses with facts. Its a fact that you need 2 of the following criteria to win an NBA title

1. Great coaching
2. 2 or more great players (as in hall of fame type players)
3. great defense

please show me where the great coaching and great players and great defense have been for the Cavs?

would you not agree that defense wins championships?
how can you win with mo and jamison playing 38 plus minutes a game then?....they are both horrendous defenders.

how is mo williams a good player? he scores 14 a game on 41% from the field. he is a poor rebounder. he is an average passer. and he is a terrible defender. again...how is he a good player?

you say excuses....but you ignore all the facts and you ignore the history of the NBA. You should learn the history of the game before you post Skip.

Samurai Swoosh
06-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Rose will NOT be reduced to a spot shooter people. He will become a pass first point guard like his rookie year. And if Bosh and Bron aren't feeling it, Rose can take over the game by shooting more often. The only reason he shot more often this year was because the Bulls had no other scorers on the team. The instant Rose gets a scorer, he will pass first.
This ... plus as a player Derrick Rose has next to no ego. Even though he was the Bulls best player the moment he joined the team. He still became passive to Ben Gordon, a player well under the caliber of Derrick Rose.

LeBron James / Chris Bosh / Derrick Rose on the Bulls with a variety of solid role players would win the East, handily.

JimmyConway
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
If you think the lakers would beat that bulls team you are simply a fukcin retard. I forgot Bynum and odom were all-stars cuz you know Chris bosh, lebron James, Derrick rose are. Right? Yeah LEBROn would get dominated by odom and CHRIS BOSH can't hold his own against pau gasol cuz we all know how good of a defender gasol is. Ofcourse. And last time I checked joakim Noah is a top 5 rebounder who will more than likely make the all-star team but yeah Bynum would abuse him for the 10 minutes he's in the game before he has to sit to get his knee iced. Let's not forget the veteran fisher and how he would abuse rose. Let kobe do his thing. It wouldnt mean shiit. Smh retards. Please quote me lakerfagz, I would love hearing you retarded reasoning.

game3524
06-28-2010, 07:44 PM
You're being really exaggerative in the "matchup problem".

It's been rumored around a lot. Probably because Deng is better then both and would instantly become their 2nd best player.

Not really, LA's frontcourt is the reason why they are so hard to beat. As long as they have that advantage over teams, they should be the favorites. To beat LA, you have to be physical up front, if not they will simply overpower you.

DKLaker
06-28-2010, 10:45 PM

SO....why even play the season??? Why even try for home court if you choke and it doesn't matter....lol. LeFraud......there is no excuse for the guy, he needed to be a leader and motivate his guys.....but we all know LeBronze is all about himself. Maybe he didn't realize that the playoff loss to Boston couldn't be changed by confiscating the tapes....lol.

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Your thoughts?

obviously the team with 5 players would win :hammerhead:

Duncan21formvp
06-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes,

I think it is even more talented than the 90's Bulls as this team would have a 3rd star that can score and take over in Rose.

ginobli2311
06-28-2010, 11:22 PM
SO....why even play the season??? Why even try for home court if you choke and it doesn't matter....lol. LeFraud......there is no excuse for the guy, he needed to be a leader and motivate his guys.....but we all know LeBronze is all about himself. Maybe he didn't realize that the playoff loss to Boston couldn't be changed by confiscating the tapes....lol.

nobody is saying that lebron shouldnt have played better. but you just can't ignore the fact that his coach and the team surrounding him are 90% of the problem....maybe more. you need a great coach and great players and great defense to win the nba title.

the cavs had one great player. a poor coach. and a bunch of over-rated one dimensional players with "big names" that can't defend worth shit. you can't win with that. no team in nba history was won a title with a coach of mike brown's caliber and mo williams as the 2nd option.

its not an excuse at all. lebron should have played better this year against boston. but it does not change the fact that he's entering the fight with far less weapons than every other championship team of the last 30 years. yes.....defense counts....its half the game.

Sarcastic
06-28-2010, 11:28 PM
The correct answer to the OP's question is:
Year 1 - no
Year 2 - yes

Bladers
06-28-2010, 11:29 PM
nobody is saying that lebron shouldnt have played better. but you just can't ignore the fact that his coach and the team surrounding him are 90% of the problem....maybe more. you need a great coach and great players and great defense to win the nba title.

the cavs had one great player. a poor coach. and a bunch of over-rated one dimensional players with "big names" that can't defend worth shit. you can't win with that. no team in nba history was won a title with a coach of mike brown's caliber and mo williams as the 2nd option.

its not an excuse at all. lebron should have played better this year against boston. but it does not change the fact that he's entering the fight with far less weapons than every other championship team of the last 30 years. yes.....defense counts....its half the game.

You talking about him? Invincible James?
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2010/images/06/28/0628_lebron-chalk-526-t1.jpg
The man that goes invincible when playoffs arrive? He chokes and then proceeds to hide...:lol :lol :lol

Kingwillball
06-28-2010, 11:54 PM

Noah has alot better offensive Game..Against Cavs he had a 20+ scoring game Perkins can never do that. Noah beter Rebounder and Energy player also. Noah is also a Good Defender against alot of Centers..Perkins just better against big Bulky stationary centers.

BlueandGold
06-28-2010, 11:59 PM
This ... plus as a player Derrick Rose has next to no ego. Even though he was the Bulls best player the moment he joined the team. He still became passive to Ben Gordon, a player well under the caliber of Derrick Rose.

LeBron James / Chris Bosh / Derrick Rose on the Bulls with a variety of solid role players would win the East, handily.

A player with that much talent but with a small ego might be a warning sign that he's "too soft" or doesn't come up in big moments aka Rose missing 2 FTs that allowed Kansas to take the national championship.

tpols
06-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Noah has alot better offensive Game..Against Cavs he had a 20+ scoring game Perkins can never do that. Noah beter Rebounder and Energy player also. Noah is also a Good Defender against alot of Centers..Perkins just better against big Bulky stationary centers.
What? Perkins guarded Gasol partly in the Finals and can guard ANY center better than noah can in the post or outside... Noah is not a better rebounder, it's just that he wasn't competing with one of the best rebounders of the decade in KG. Noah has absolutely no post game and doesn't have much range, so how is he better offensively? Maybe offensive boarding, but he only averaged one more than perkins a game.

Kingwillball
06-29-2010, 12:10 AM
What? Perkins guarded Gasol partly in the Finals and can guard ANY center better than noah can in the post or outside... Noah is not a better rebounder, it's just that he wasn't competing with one of the best rebounders of the decade in KG. Noah has absolutely no post game and doesn't have much range, so how is he better offensively? Maybe offensive boarding, but he only averaged one more than perkins a game.

Noah is a Better Player not even close so give it up..Noah would Give Gasol all he could handle on D..Noah also finds ways to score running floor, cutting to basket, putbacks and an occasional short Jumper. Also, Noah averaged 11 boards a game compared to Perkins 7 and Noah averaged 13 boards along with close to 15ppg a Gm against Cavs in playoffs showing he is a Gamer. So again tell me how Perkins is better playing limited minutes getting into Foul Trouble ?

tpols
06-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Noah is a Better Player not even close so give it up..Noah would Give Gasol all he could handle on D..Noah also finds ways to score running floor, cutting to basket, putbacks and an occasional short Jumper. Also, Noah averaged 11 boards a game compared to Perkins 7 and Noah averaged 13 boards along with close to 15ppg a Gm against Cavs in playoffs showing he is a Gamer. So again tell me how Perkins is better playing limited minutes getting into Foul Trouble ?
Now you're resorting to using foul trouble in your argument for whose better? You're reachin brah:lol .

I've already explained it to you in like 5 posts on this thread. Go back and read them if you still don't get why perkins is a more valuable center to a team than noah is.

macpierce
06-29-2010, 12:23 AM
noah is better than perkins? wow you lebron groupies have taken it too far now. :confusedshrug:
gasol will rape this ugly supermodel

Kingwillball
06-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Now you're resorting to using foul trouble in your argument for whose better? You're reachin brah:lol .

I've already explained it to you in like 5 posts on this thread. Go back and read them if you still don't get why perkins is a more valuable center to a team than noah is.

Yeah well I bet most teams would rather have Noah..In fact place a Poll on here who is better and 9 out of 10 Neutral fans will pick Noah. A player who averages more points and Rebounds while playing more Minutes and also makes tons of Hustle plays is the Better player sorry. Perkins is a Good defender but Noah is better bottom line. Anyway if Lebron and Bosh go to Heat or Bulls either one of those teams will be winning the Championship next year cause in the End the NBA is about talent and there would be no team more talented than a team with a Trio of Rose,Bosh,Lebron or Wade,Lebron and Bosh.

OldSchoolBBall
06-29-2010, 12:31 AM
I still say LA would be favored because size wins ballgames, and LA would still be the biggest team in the league by far. Nobody is beating LA in my opinion until they can match their frontcourt size/length.

eliteballer
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
No they can't. With Artest and Kobe on the perimeter and Gasol and Bynum clogging the middle LeBron would be relegated to relying on his broke jumper. It's not a coincidence hes never beat a team with a great big in the playoffs. Gasol is too long for Bosh and Bynum is better than Noah. Rose would be a concern depending upon how we upgrade the PG.

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 12:35 AM
No they can't. With Artest and Kobe on the perimeter and Gasol and Bynum clogging the middle LeBron would be relegated to relying on his broke jumper. It's not a coincidence hes never beat a team with a great big in the playoffs. Gasol is too long for Bosh and Bynum is better than Noah. Rose would be a concern depending upon how we upgrade the PG.

this.

people still under-rate this lakers team. they played poorly and still beat a very good celtics team. they are a perfectly built team. they have great size and length. they have big time shot makers like kobe/fisher. they have very good perimeter defenders in artest/kobe. they have very good interior defenders in bynum/gasol. they have 2 of the 10 best players in the league. one of the best bench players in odom. and they have the best coach ever in phil jackson.

that team is going to be ****ing hard to beat.

Jacks3
06-29-2010, 12:38 AM
If the Bulls get LBJ/Bosh, their talent would crap all over the Lakers. Luckily, the Lakers would still have Bryant on their team.:pimp:

Kobe4life
06-29-2010, 12:39 AM
hope the fakers stop winning so those messycants dont come up with an excuse to trahs their own city again

Kingwillball
06-29-2010, 12:41 AM

Bosh and Gasol are almost the Same size and Bosh has long Arms that make him seem taller ? Your Funny thinking Gasol and Bynum could stop Lebron from getting to Basket BTW ..:roll: Finally Until Bynum is 100% Noah is still the More effective player. Bynum is a Prototype Center but Noah has alot of intangibles that make him very effective. Against Cavs With Shaq and AV ect Noah averaged 15 and 13 for the series..and was easily Bulls 2nd best player behind Rose.

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Bosh and Gasol are almost the Same size and Bosh has long Arms that make him seem taller ? Your Funny thinking Gasol and Bynum could stop Lebron from getting to Basket BTW ..:roll: Finally Until Bynum is 100% Noah is still the More effective player. Bynum is a Prototype Center but Noah has alot of intangibles that make him very effective. Against Cavs With Shaq and AV ect Noah averaged 15 and 13 for the series..and was easily Bulls 2nd best player behind Rose.

yea...i agree with some of that.

put it this way. if the bulls had lebron/gerald wallace/noah/rose.....i think they would be a much better team. i just don't like having 3 guys that want the ball in their hand a lot on offense. gerald wallace fits much better with that group. he's a great rebounder....a great defender....and he does not need the ball in his hands at all. would be perfect.....that team would beat the lakers in my opinion.

Sarcastic
06-29-2010, 12:51 AM
BTW, how are the Bulls getting Lebron and Bosh? Which one of them is taking less than max?

Kingwillball
06-29-2010, 12:53 AM
yea...i agree with some of that.

put it this way. if the bulls had lebron/gerald wallace/noah/rose.....i think they would be a much better team. i just don't like having 3 guys that want the ball in their hand a lot on offense. gerald wallace fits much better with that group. he's a great rebounder....a great defender....and he does not need the ball in his hands at all. would be perfect.....that team would beat the lakers in my opinion.

Well, playing with alot of talent people have to make sacrifices. Lebron would Learn to play more off the ball as would Rose at times. Bosh would also have to understand his stats will take a Little hit for the sake of winning..The Great thing is though if one of the 3 are just feeling it on a Certain Day the other two would realize they need to ride the hot hand. I think Lebron would benefit for not always feeling like he has to do everything for a team to win. Thee will be nights he may only need to score 20 points and others he may need to score 35 but he is good at judging the flow of the Game. Rose and Lebron running the Break would be sick to watch though and even also having Bosh as a Trailer..WOW..Anyway lets see how this all pan out before having all these arguments about a Hypothetical team..LOL

indiefan24
06-29-2010, 12:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5338472

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Well, playing with alot of talent people have to make sacrifices. Lebron would Learn to play more off the ball as would Rose at times. Bosh would also have to understand his stats will take a Little hit for the sake of winning..The Great thing is though if one of the 3 are just feeling it on a Certain Day the other two would realize they need to ride the hot hand. I think Lebron would benefit for not always feeling like he has to do everything for a team to win. Thee will be nights he may only need to score 20 points and others he may need to score 35 but he is good at judging the flow of the Game. Rose and Lebron running the Break would be sick to watch though and even also having Bosh as a Trailer..WOW..Anyway lets see how this all pan out before having all these arguments about a Hypothetical team..LOL

well. here's the thing. you win in the nba with great team defense. if you could guarantee me that bosh would still be effective taking 12 shots a game and he would play great defense i agree with you.

but if you put gerald wallace on that team....you know what you are getting. a guy used to taking 12 shots a game and a guy that is a much better defender than bosh. he just fits much better really. i know wallace/lebron/rose would fit well together.....i don't know how lebron/bosh/rose would fit together.....

crisoner
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
well. here's the thing. you win in the nba with great team defense. if you could guarantee me that bosh would still be effective taking 12 shots a game and he would play great defense i agree with you.

That right there is a HUGE "IF".

I would love to see this Bulls team happen though. They have all the potential in the world to do great thing in the NBA.

Another huge "IF" would be Rose and Bron...just how could they work together. Come on they both need the ball in their hands to be most effective. Also who takes the game winning clutch shots on this team? None of these players have proven to have ice water in their veins just yet.

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 01:11 AM
That right there is a HUGE "IF".

I would love to see this Bulls team happen though. They have all the potential in the world to do great thing in the NBA.

Another huge "IF" would be Rose and Bron...just how could they work together. Come on they both need the ball in their hands to be most effective. Also who takes the game winning clutch shots on this team? None of these players have proven to have ice water in their veins just yet.

agree with all of that except the part about who takes the clutch shots. lebron would take most of the big shots. he's actually a very very good clutch player....and has been the best clutch player in the league both in the regular season and playoffs over the last 4 or 5 years. kobe/dirk/wade/lebron/allen/carmelo are all great under pressure.

its completely media agenda and bias that lebron is labeled as not clutch. if you knew the numbers or actually watched him play night in night out you would not question his play in crunch time.

RazorBaLade
06-29-2010, 01:11 AM
healthy lakers , no. Hopefully we get cp3 tho n not even have to worry bout it

RazorBaLade
06-29-2010, 01:13 AM
agree with all of that except the part about who takes the clutch shots. lebron would take most of the big shots. he's actually a very very good clutch player....and has been the best clutch player in the league both in the regular season and playoffs over the last 4 or 5 years. kobe/dirk/wade/lebron/allen/carmelo are all great under pressure.

its completely media agenda and bias that lebron is labeled as not clutch. if you knew the numbers or actually watched him play night in night out you would not question his play in crunch time.

lololol

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 01:14 AM
lololol

lol at what? what i said was a fact. do you really want to talk about how great lebron actually has been in crunch time or in game winning situations over the last 5 years?

just keep living in fantasy land where the only thing that matters are the labels that the talking head morons on espn give players.

a big LOL for you sir.

RazorBaLade
06-29-2010, 01:18 AM
lol at what? what i said was a fact. do you really want to talk about how great lebron actually has been in crunch time or in game winning situations over the last 5 years?

just keep living in fantasy land where the only thing that matters are the labels that the talking head morons on espn give players.

a big LOL for you sir.

You're the person that uses the basketball reference or 82games not sure which definition of clutch right? Every point scored in OT is clutch, when the game is within 2 pts in last 5 min its clutch or something like that?

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 01:23 AM
You're the person that uses the basketball reference or 82games not sure which definition of clutch right? Every point scored in OT is clutch, when the game is within 2 pts in last 5 min its clutch or something like that?

its not just the numbers dude.....which clearly aren't perfect but are certainly valid in context.

its everything. lebron share the ball so well at the end of games. he sets up his teammates and has quite a few game winning assists. he's the most efficient player in the league in close games in crunch time.

he attacks the boards, he gets steals, he gets blocks, he makes 80% of his free throws. he's easily one of the 5 best clutch players in the league. i think that is more than fair to say.

kobe/dirk/carmelo/ray allen/wade are all great in crunch time as well.

i don't even care who the best actually is....it doesn't matter. what i do know is that lebron is easily one of the best clutch players in the league.

the numbers obviously aren't everything....but should we just ignore that dirk made 98% of his free throws in crunch time this year? that is unreal.....

Dengness9
06-29-2010, 01:23 AM

Thanks for posting my exact thought when I read that.

amfirst
06-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Lakers just need to pick up one more point guard to help Fish and another good defender, and I don't see LeBron/Rose/Bosh beating the Lakers. I wouldn't mind picking up Ray Allen and maybe Steve Blake.

RazorBaLade
06-29-2010, 02:20 AM
its not just the numbers dude.....which clearly aren't perfect but are certainly valid in context.

its everything. lebron share the ball so well at the end of games. he sets up his teammates and has quite a few game winning assists. he's the most efficient player in the league in close games in crunch time.

he attacks the boards, he gets steals, he gets blocks, he makes 80% of his free throws. he's easily one of the 5 best clutch players in the league. i think that is more than fair to say.

kobe/dirk/carmelo/ray allen/wade are all great in crunch time as well.

i don't even care who the best actually is....it doesn't matter. what i do know is that lebron is easily one of the best clutch players in the league.

the numbers obviously aren't everything....but should we just ignore that dirk made 98% of his free throws in crunch time this year? that is unreal.....

To get an assist the guy has to make the shot, LA players are better at creating than Cavs players no doubt but there is no way in hell we have better shooters...

How many has Dirk attempted?

My list would be: Kobe, Wade, Melo, Pierce, Lebron, Dirk for t6. My definition of clutch may be more different than yours though!

RazorBaLade
06-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Lakers just need to pick up one more point guard to help Fish and another good defender, and I don't see LeBron/Rose/Bosh beating the Lakers. I wouldn't mind picking up Ray Allen and maybe Steve Blake.

ray allen is not joining the lakers, kobe and him have beef.

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 02:48 AM
To get an assist the guy has to make the shot, LA players are better at creating than Cavs players no doubt but there is no way in hell we have better shooters...

How many has Dirk attempted?

My list would be: Kobe, Wade, Melo, Pierce, Lebron, Dirk for t6. My definition of clutch may be more different than yours though!

totally agree about the cavs having better shooters. but derek fisher is as clutch as they come.....and its not like mo williams or jamison have made many big shots. some of the assists lebron has are simply just wide open 17 footers to ice the game.....even average nba players are going to make a high percentage of those. part of being clutch is making the right pass and trusting your teammates and lebron is the best in the league at this in crunch time and game winning situations.

i think dirk made 60 out of 61 free throws in crunch time this year. remarkable.

my list would be:

1. wade
2. lebron
3. kobe
4. dirk
5. melo
6. ray allen / pierce

like i said....it doesn't really matter who is THE BEST. my point was that all of those players are great in the clutch. so pretending like the bulls would be at some disadvantage with lebron in crunch time is a little absurd in my opinion honestly.

bongolarry
06-29-2010, 03:13 AM
The only reason this is an arguement is cuz this board is 75% lakers fans.. The bulls would win this series in 5 or 6. If you put 2-3 ppl on the same team that require double teams theres not much you can do defensively...

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 03:30 AM
The only reason this is an arguement is cuz this board is 75% lakers fans.. The bulls would win this series in 5 or 6. If you put 2-3 ppl on the same team that require double teams theres not much you can do defensively...

artest could guard lebron one on one. gasol could guard bosh one on one. kobe could definitely guard rose one on one. all that with bynum protecting the paint.

would it be easy? nope....but the lakers would have the players to do it. not to mention they will add at least one perimeter defender/shooter like raja bell in the offseason that will really help.

game3524
06-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I still say LA would be favored because size wins ballgames, and LA would still be the biggest team in the league by far. Nobody is beating LA in my opinion until they can match their frontcourt size/length.

Exactly.

LA bigs aren't just tall, they are long as well. If LA has the size advantage, they should be the favorites, people really don't know how good this guys are.

AirJordan&Magic
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
The scary thing is L.A has just got even bigger, longer, and more athletic.

The Lakers got a huge steal in the draft by selecting Devin Ebanks. He's 6'9, a solid shooter, very athletic,great rebounder, and is a lockdown defender.

sayitaintso
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Whoever the officiating likes more, whatever the league betted on, will win this series.

bongolarry
06-29-2010, 01:21 PM
artest could guard lebron one on one. gasol could guard bosh one on one. kobe could definitely guard rose one on one. all that with bynum protecting the paint.

would it be easy? nope....but the lakers would have the players to do it. not to mention they will add at least one perimeter defender/shooter like raja bell in the offseason that will really help.
:roll: Lol @Artest being able to guard Lebron one on one are you kidding me the best defenders in the league can't even guard him one on one nevertheless ron artest. Also if kobe wants to guard rose the whole game and waste all of his energy he would be less of an offensive threat.

ginobli2311
06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
:roll: Lol @Artest being able to guard Lebron one on one are you kidding me the best defenders in the league can't even guard him one on one nevertheless ron artest. Also if kobe wants to guard rose the whole game and waste all of his energy he would be less of an offensive threat.

ok.....let me clarify. of course artest could not shut down lebron. but he could guard him one on one and keep lebron from going off every game for huge huge numbers. artest is strong enough to keep lebron out of the paint and is better suited to play lebron than just about any player in the league.

sure kobe would waste more energy on defense. but that is what great players do. you act as if kobe (one of the better perimeter defenders in the league) could not guard rose and still score 25 a game. LOL.

like i said. it wouldn't be easy but this lakers team has all the pieces to do it. and not to mention they would have bynum/gasol protecting the paint. did you watch the finals this year? did you see the celtics struggle to finish around the rim all series?

MaxFly
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
The irony here is that the Lakers would probably find a way to sign another great player if those three happened to join forces? They'd probably end up flipping Morrison and Powell for something ridiculous...

chips93
06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
The irony here is that the Lakers would probably find a way to sign another great player if those three happened to join forces? They'd probably end up flipping Morrison and Powell for something ridiculous...

If they could sign a great player why wait for lebron ? why not just make the best move ? haha i think the lakers want to make the best team regardless of what other teams are doin

asdf1990
06-29-2010, 06:42 PM
If they could sign a great player why wait for lebron ? why not just make the best move ? haha i think the lakers want to make the best team regardless of what other teams are doin

stern gives lakers free presents depending on what the other good teams have. stern isn't gonna give the lakers another good player until the signings happen.

Lebron23
06-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Defense wins NBA championship. Tom Thibbediu is a good defensive coach. Both LeBron and Noah are good defensive players. Rose can still improve his defense.