PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Mills: Who needs a point guard?

Xover
06-29-2010, 09:00 AM
tl/dr unless your interested

Patty Mills signed with the Portland Trail Blazers, October 2009. After completing rehabilitation from surgery on his foot in December, Mills was assigned to the Idaho Stampede of the NBA Development League. In his debut with Idaho, he scored 38 points and added 12 assists and 3 rebounds. After one more game with the Stampede, in which he scored the game-winning basket, Mills made his NBA debut for the Trail Blazers on January 4. In just under 5 minutes registered 2 assists but scored no points. Mills was re-assigned to the Stampede on January 13, 2010 but returned to the Blazers later that month.

He hasn't played more than 4 minutes in each of his 3 games withthe Blazers but lately has been performing impressively in the FIBA world championship for his national home team (Australia Boomers) winning three straight games and the last scoring a game high 32-PTS and nine 3PT

What team would best suit this young buck sincce he's offically a free agent now. If you don't already know of this guy, maybe read up on him. There has to be a few decent teams willing to give minutes to a young PG with this much potential.

Screamingdoom
06-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah I just watched the last half of that Boomers game, he was impressive. Very quick

coin24
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Mills is an awesome player, portland was really the wrong situation for him. Hopefully someone picks him up...

Pursuer
06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Too bad he can't guard anyone. But I think the Lakers might take him up if neither farmar nor Brown return.

midatlantic09
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
A lot is wrong with the Blazers and not playing Patty Mills is one of them. Another is building around Brandon Roy, who I don't consider a franchise player. They won't win anything with Brandon Roy as their leader.

Xover
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
:banghead:

Pokerface
06-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Since the Pacers need a PG, maybe they will take a look at him.

Bernie Nips
06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Great player... I'd love it if Indiana picked him up and started him.

InspiredLebowski
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Indy almost literally has no money to spend. Unless he wants to play for the minimum, which I highly doubt, it ain't happenin.

KNOW1EDGE
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Patty Mills is a RFA.

And Portland has already made a qualifying contract offer to him.

And why wouldnt he sign for the minimum?

He hasnt proven anything, he is not a commodity, hes not gonna have teams fighting over him and throwing money at him.

Im sure he will take whatever he can get.

coin24
06-30-2010, 12:02 AM
How is Indiana salary strapped?? Who are they paying big $ appart from Granger? IMO even he isn't worth it, seeing as he is a glorified chucker and the team has played so poorly the last few years??!....:confusedshrug:

If patty mills does stay with portland hopefully they give him some minutes..

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2010, 12:03 AM
How is Indiana salary strapped?? Who are they paying big $ appart from Granger? IMO even he isn't worth it, seeing as he is a glorified chucker and the team has played so poorly the last few years??!....:confusedshrug:

If patty mills does stay with portland hopefully they give him some minutes..
Murphy makes almost $12 million, Dunleavy around $9, TJ Ford 8.5. They took on some really terrible deals in that "changing the culture" period. Thankfully they're all expiring.

broyzers
06-30-2010, 01:03 AM
patty is oozing potential and i think the blazers will be stupid not to give him time this year... assuming they dont find a free agent point guard thats got skills.

nate is almost religious in not playing rookies big minutes. but patty could be a great player for us. god knows andre is running out of time. and bayless has had trouble being a distributing point guard. i dont knnow why patty hasnt gotten more run. we need a point and patty has some legit game

coin24
06-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Murphy makes almost $12 million, Dunleavy around $9, TJ Ford 8.5. They took on some really terrible deals in that "changing the culture" period. Thankfully they're all expiring.

damn those are some terrible contracts, hopefully someone is after expirers or wait until next yr I guess..
Forgot about the brawl lol they've been pretty irrelevant since hey..

RoseCity07
06-30-2010, 03:07 AM
A lot is wrong with the Blazers and not playing Patty Mills is one of them. Another is building around Brandon Roy, who I don't consider a franchise player. They won't win anything with Brandon Roy as their leader.

This is kind of a stupid comment. What has Lebron won as a franchise player, or Kobe without a franchise big?

You can be a franchise players and not win. They are building around Oden, Aldridge, and Brandon Roy.

Brandon Roy is one of the best closers in the game and a clutch performer. You need a star like that to win in the playoffs.

Now about Patty Mills. I wanted Portland to draft this kid, and called that pick in the second round. But I wonder if he is a poor mans Aaron Brooks.

He may be just too small. Portland needs to give him a legit shot though, and some summer league minutes.

Xover
04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
It is time.

CardiacKemba
04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
It is time.

:applause:

InspiredLebowski
04-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Murphy makes almost $12 million, Dunleavy around $9, TJ Ford 8.5. They took on some really terrible deals in that "changing the culture" period. Thankfully they're all expiring.Brighter days are here again!

Xover
06-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Bump. Can't believe it's been this long.

brantonli
06-15-2014, 11:54 AM

:eek: Those names, nearly forgotten Troy Murphy and TJ Ford exists.