PDA

View Full Version : Should Michael Jordan help out his "broke" sidekick Scottie Pippen financially?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I know it is every grown man for himself. Scottie was reckless with his money, having made 150 million dollars in his playing career, to where he had to filed for bankrupcy. I checked and it looks like MJ's net worth is almost half a billion dollars. Now let's face it without scottie helping MJ to win six rings, MJ is just a rich man's Vince Carter.

MJ still brings in an annual income of 55 million dollars a year.
What do you say, do you think MJ should help his partner in crime financially?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Scottie-Pippen-is-a-little-less-broke-these-days?urn=nba,252310

Sarcastic
06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
I would give him a couple hundred thousand if I was Jordan.

1Time4YourMind
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
:roll:

I find the fact that he burst into tears of joy after getting a settlement involving his private super expensive Gulfstream jet hilarious.

KNOW1EDGE
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I know it is every grown man for himself. Scottie was reckless with his money, having made 150 million dollars in his playing career, to where he had to filed for bankrupcy. I checked and it looks like MJ's net worth is almost half a billion dollars. Now let's face it without scottie helping MJ to win six rings, MJ is just a rich man's Vince Carter.

MJ still brings in an annual income of 55 million dollars a year.
What do you say, do you think MJ should help his partner in crime financially?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Scottie-Pippen-is-a-little-less-broke-these-days?urn=nba,252310

:oldlol:

no, MJ should not give money to a one time multi-millionaire who is completely irresponsible and wasted his money.

He should give me some money instead

plowking
06-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm waiting for the "Kobe would" posts.

And to answer the question, hell no. Don't spend what you don't have, and don't live how you can't afford to live.

imdaman99
06-29-2010, 11:47 PM
thats what i been saying. get him a job in his company that pays 100k a year. and let him live off that.

or scottie should try to become an assistant coach somewhere. surely he knows a thing or two about teaching team defense and playing the passing lane. i dont like hearing about stars losing all their money. if you're overrated and made a lot, i dont care (antoine walker). scottie was worth his weight in gold for those championship bulls teams.

flipogb
06-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Scottie would probably be offended to just take straight cash even if hes broke, but giving him a job with the Bobcats would be a great idea

OnceInADECADE
06-29-2010, 11:50 PM
rich man vince carter :lol :roll: yo u are stupid

more like a super sayian 4 vince carter

would pau help kobe with his money problems? HELL NO

TheLogo
06-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Scottie was dumb with his money but MJ should help him out.

Without Scottie, MJ would have never won all those rings. Without those rings Nike would have not been able to push the Jordan Brand like they were then and now.

I say MJ owes half of his fortunes to Scottie. There was a huge gap between Scottie's salary and MJ's salary but a small gap in terms of basketball skill and production. Scottie gets half.

imdaman99
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
rich man vince carter :lol :roll: yo u are stupid

more like a super sayian 4 vince carter

would pau help kobe with his money problems? HELL NO
dude, how can anyone take you seriously when you have ron weasly in your av?

you've got more heart than that dude.

Desperado
06-29-2010, 11:53 PM
He defiantly should.

He owes his success in Chicago to Scottie because without Pippen, MJ had 5 losing seasons and was 1-9 in the playoffs (never made it past the first round).

Jordan was on his way to winning nothing and being nothing but a bald headed Dominique Wilkins before Pippen showed up.

AirGauge23
06-29-2010, 11:55 PM
He should give him some stocks in his company.

imdaman99
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
come on laker fans, don't come in here claiming MJ would only be a glorified vince heartless carter or dominique wilkins smh. mj most likely wouldn't have 6 rings without scottie, he would have definitely had a couple. he is mj, he is oldschool's god. cut him some slack x(

iamgine
Scottie would probably be offended to just take straight cash even if hes broke, but giving him a job with the Bobcats would be a great idea
This. Didn't Scottie always wanted to be a head coach? He certainly can become one of the assistant coach in Bobcats.

InspiredLebowski
MJ could get him a job making Air Jordans, that pays what, 15 cents a day?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-29-2010, 11:57 PM

Without Scottie, MJ would have never won all those rings. Without those rings Nike would have not been able to push the Jordan Brand like they were then and now.

I say MJ owes half of his fortunes to Scottie. There was a huge gap between Scottie's salary and MJ's salary but a small gap in terms of basketball skill and production. Scottie gets half.

I do think MJ owes it to Scottie, he should give him a job first of all working with the Bobcats.

plowking
06-29-2010, 11:58 PM
MJ could get him a job making Air Jordans, that pays what, 15 cents a day?

Best idea in the thread.

Let him work a hard day. If you can spend $200 million in under 25 years, learn hard living the stressful way.

branslowski
06-29-2010, 11:58 PM
:oldlol: @ Anyone who thinks Jordan would help Pippen out....Dude wasn't a good teamate, and he damn sure aint gonna help out one now.

Kobe would def help out Gasol though...

TheLogo
06-29-2010, 11:59 PM
come on laker fans, don't come in here claiming MJ would only be a glorified vince heartless carter or dominique wilkins smh. mj most likely wouldn't have 6 rings without scottie, he would have definitely had a couple. he is mj, he is oldschool's god. cut him some slack x(

Nobody is saying anything except that MJ would not have gotten those 6 rings without Pippen.

MJ is a gambler and that bum gambled a lot of money away while riding Scottie's coat tail financially.

He owes him something...doesn't have to be cash but probably a high position on the Bobcats.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Nobody is saying anything except that MJ would not have gotten those 6 rings without Pippen.

MJ is a gambler and that bum gambled a lot of money away while riding Scottie's coat tail financially.

He owes him something...doesn't have to be cash but probably a high position on the Bobcats.

This. give scottie 150k a year and let him live his life. If anything we should blame the Bulls. They don't treat their stars right that's why MJ wanted to get the out at 98'. However, they don't treat Derrick Rose that way.

plowking
06-30-2010, 12:10 AM

And there is the first ladies and gentlemen...

kentatm
06-30-2010, 12:20 AM

not without sidekick just as talented and versatile as Pippen he wasn't.

highwhey
06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
OR, OR, let Scottie acquire an exclusive account with Jordan/Nike and let him set up a shop or several that will offer Jordans and Nike. Good business, and it's rather difficult to establish an account with Jordan or Nike.

DuMa
06-30-2010, 12:27 AM
How do you fools know MJ didnt already? Sometimes a man has too much pride to take or ask for money. its possible Scottie turned him down already and its a nonstory at best. but of course everyone will just assume the worse.

OldSchoolBBall
06-30-2010, 12:40 AM
LMAO @ all the bitter, sad Laker/Kobe fans popping up like weeds in this thread. :oldlol: Still mad because Chicago stole LA's shine for an entire decade and reduced the city to basketball irrelevancy, and mad because their hero will never come close to dethroning Jordan as the GOAT. CRY MOAR PLZ. :oldlol:

TheLogo
06-30-2010, 12:43 AM
LMAO @ all the bitter, sad Laker/Kobe fans popping up like weeds in this thread. :oldlol: Still mad because Chicago stole LA's shine for an entire decade and reduced the city to basketball irrelevancy, and mad because their hero will never come close to dethroning Jordan as the GOAT. CRY MOAR PLZ. :oldlol:

Let me guess....you're another insecure MJ nut hugger?

This isn't about Kobe vs MJ....this is about humanity and doing the right thing.

Scottie is broke and without him, MJ would have never gotten 6 rings. MJ owes half his fortune to Scottie for riding Scottie's coat tail financially.

pethuel03
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM

This isn't about Kobe vs MJ....this is about humanity and doing the right thing.

Scottie is broke and without him, MJ would have never gotten 6 rings. MJ owes half his fortune to Scottie for riding Scottie's coat tail financially.

Humanity? How about we talk about rape? :ohwell:

IBrickShots
06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
He should just teach him how to invest money properly. Didn't he lose most of it because of bad investments?

mike_23_goat
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
If Scottie's broke, then Mike needs to help out his bud...It's as simple as that:D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana:

JustSaying
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
MJ would rather gamble away money... than help a former teammate.

PowerGlove
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Sidenote,they need to have a mike and pippen fusion Jordan shoe.

BallPhunk
06-30-2010, 12:56 AM
MJ would rather gamble away money... than help a former teammate.

You've taken over the top spot of "my favorite avatar" from the NYK guy with the Hot Tub Time Machine gal.

:applause:

Solid Snake
06-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Just ask yourself this:

What Would Kobe Do?

Tito Beasley
06-30-2010, 01:06 AM
I do think MJ owes it to Scottie, he should give him a job first of all working with the Bobcats.

Pippen still tells people in interviews that coaches would rather have a player like him than a player like Jordan. I don't think the two even like each other. Why would Jordan give him a job?

TheLogo
06-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Pippen still tells people in interviews that coaches would rather have a player like him than a player like Jordan. I don't think the two even like each other. Why would Jordan give him a job?

Because Pippen made him those fortunes.

1Time4YourMind
06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry but how the **** did Kobe get into this thread?

Tito Beasley
06-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Because Pippen made him those fortunes.

Like Shaq and Pau did for Kobe?

highwhey
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm sorry but how the **** did Kobe get into this thread?
I am currently working on a new theory, it's similar to how Electromagnetism was found. Everywhere on ISH, where the name MJ is mentioned, Kobe is also brought up, therefore one can say, when MJ is present, so is Kobe. Someone title my theory.

Batz
06-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Like Shaq and Pau did for Kobe?
Oh please don't start this shit...

TheLogo
06-30-2010, 01:27 AM
I am currently working on a new theory, it's similar to how Electromagnetism was found. Everywhere on ISH, where the name MJ is mentioned, Kobe is also brought up, therefore one can say, when MJ is present, so is Kobe. Someone title my theory.

It just shows you where Kobe, as a player, becoming one of the greatest players of all-time.

When MJ is mentioned, so is Kobe.

Cerebral Jedi
06-30-2010, 01:39 AM
jordan should give pippen 20 million dollars...and then pippen should turn right around and give it right back to say thanks for letting me ride your coat tails.
**** a scotte pippen's overrated ass.

Crystallas
06-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Pip will always have food on his table, a roof to live under, a nice car to drive, and a whole lot of other things.

If he needed to learn a lesson, then thats fine. Don't feel bad for him, or pawn his own responsibilities onto his former teamates. He gets to experience something that most of us wishes would happen to us!

I wish I had that problem. Spending too much money, and getting some of it back! Sucks to be him!

Lebron23
06-30-2010, 01:44 AM
jordan should give pippen 20 million dollars...and then pippen should turn right around and give it right back to say thanks for letting me ride your coat tails.
**** a scotte pippen's overrated ass.

How is Scottie Pippen overrated? Pippen was one of the best perimeter defenders during his prime. The Chicago Bulls also won 55 games without Jordan in the 1994 NBA Season. He was also an MVP Candidate. The Best Small Forward in the 1990's.

raptorfan_dr07
06-30-2010, 02:19 AM
He defiantly should.

He owes his success in Chicago to Scottie because without Pippen, MJ had 5 losing seasons and was 1-9 in the playoffs (never made it past the first round).

Jordan was on his way to winning nothing and being nothing but a bald headed Dominique Wilkins before Pippen showed up.

As soon as Kobe donates his salary to Shaq and Pau Gasol for pretty much making his entire career. Without them, Kobe is nothing more than a slightly more glorified Allen Iverson. Game 7 of the finals summed up Kobe's career pretty good. Being bailed out by teammates. Hell, Game 6 of the Thunder series summed it all up. Kobe choking and missing the game winner while Pau Gasol bails him out and eliminates the Thunder.

Kobe stays in Charlotte in 1996 and he's nothing more than a taller Allen Iverson

FACT

Shaq MADE him.

ashlar
06-30-2010, 02:40 AM
As soon as Kobe donates his salary to Shaq and Pau Gasol for pretty much making his entire career. Without them, Kobe is nothing more than a slightly more glorified Allen Iverson. Game 7 of the finals summed up Kobe's career pretty good. Being bailed out by teammates. Hell, Game 6 of the Thunder series summed it all up. Kobe choking and missing the game winner while Pau Gasol bails him out and eliminates the Thunder.

Kobe stays in Charlotte in 1996 and he's nothing more than a taller Allen Iverson

FACT

Shaq MADE him.

You should donate to this forum by leaving it.

tpols
06-30-2010, 02:43 AM

FACT

Shaq MADE him.
You are a certified dumbass.

FACT

WizardsW
06-30-2010, 02:47 AM
jordan should give 5 mil.....wait two years.....then once scottie is broke, again, give him another 5 mil.

ashlar
06-30-2010, 02:50 AM
When you have 100+ mil and can't even put aside a small % of that its your own damn fault.

WizardsW
06-30-2010, 02:53 AM
jordan should give him a job:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ZEX7oRr7a1c/SuML1hK6ecI/AAAAAAAADDA/OfhL-uug4hc/s576/tgillis09_nba-3714.JPG

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fkEdmL2qoch0/340x.jpg

ok ok. that's enough jokes. i wish scottie well.

Alhazred
06-30-2010, 03:04 AM

Pippen made him those fortunes.

He defiantly should.

Why u all mad?

http://playunderreview.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/michael-jordan-cigar.jpg

Good luck to Scottie and I wish him well and all, but these are some of the lamest attempts at flaming Jordan that I've ever seen.

beermonsteroo
06-30-2010, 04:07 AM
No, if you are as stupid as to waste 150 million dollars you don't deserve any help. Sorry.

beermonsteroo
06-30-2010, 04:08 AM
:oldlol: @ Anyone who thinks Jordan would help Pippen out....Dude wasn't a good teamate, and he damn sure aint gonna help out one now.

Gasol would never get into such troubles.

beermonsteroo
06-30-2010, 04:09 AM

I remember that Jordan bought Pippen a Ferrari for Christmas 1997.
So I wouldn't say that they never liked each other.

hawksdogsbraves
06-30-2010, 04:18 AM
dude, how can anyone take you seriously when you have ron weasly in your av?

you've got more heart than that dude.

Oh my god Ron Weasley is the best nickname for Super Cool Beas I have ever heard.

Magic Vinsanity
06-30-2010, 04:29 AM
No, why should he? If Scottie can blow $150 million bucks his ass deserves to be broke! Plus, if Jordan gives him money, he will just blow that too! F*ck him.

bluechox
06-30-2010, 07:26 AM
michael jordan should get scotties jet fueled up at no cost and fly him over to tailand to get him a booth in one of the dozens of air jordan factories. No worries about lifestyle and friends and family hanging onto your ballls for cash over there. he can even try and make his jet commercial.

1Time4YourMind
06-30-2010, 09:03 AM

The Jordan-Kobe Coexistence Continuum Theory

mamba24
06-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Well He can star alongside MJ in the Hanes commercials...and the MJ & Pippen fanboys would buy their undies to either feel what mike feels...or how scotties feels with his worthless 6 rings...still scratching MJ's balls but thru Hanes...

Se
06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Why isn't he an assistant coach somewhere? He should be working for Phil.

Shax
06-30-2010, 09:34 AM
If the idiot lost 150 million and fhad to file for bankruptcy, what makes you think he wouldn't lose any money given to him?

Roundball_Rock
06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
First of all Pippen isn't "broke broke." He still has deals with Nike and works with the NBA among other things. If he were truly broke he wouldn't be traveling around the world or working with several charities fighting diseases, hunger in Africa, etc. He'd be a charity case himself!

Exactly. Jordan had the biggest marketing machine in sports history behind him which created a warm, fuzzy image of him but the reality is the guy was a jerk. Jordan respected Pippen (called him the best player in the league in 95', led the "Pippen for MVP" charge early in the 96' season, etc.) but they weren't friends. They weren't going to hang out on Friday night. Jordan wasn't really close to any Bull in that sense other than Charles Oakley.

People are quick to assume too much regarding team--read group--dynamics. The best player is not always the leader as is assumed. Nor are two close allies on the court always friends. Do Gasol and Kobe hang out on Fridays? Does KG catch movies with Rondo? Do Nash and Amare watch football games together? Often times people who work closely over a period of time develop friendships but often they do not.

Why isn't he an assistant coach somewhere? He should be working for Phil.

He is unrealistic. He wants to come in straight as a head coach. This is more evidence he isn't truly broke. If he were he would easily accept a 6 figure assistant coaching gig and numerous teams would love to have him. The Bulls probably would open a position up for him since they did that when Randy Brown went broke.

TROLL_HUNTER
06-30-2010, 12:35 PM
This is even more ridiculous than the average IH stuff and thats already much to say. 2 quick notes:

why the hell should anybody , let alone Jordan, help out a guy who has burnt his fortune like that? each one has what is deserved by own rights and merits so no pity here.

what is considered "broke" for rich people would be signed off by the all of you in a split second. Seriously, dudes...

highwhey
06-30-2010, 01:31 PM
The Jordan-Kobe Coexistence Continuum Theory
I like it.

OnceInADECADE
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
if pippen never played with jordan, pippen would have never got that much money. No way mj helps pippen no matter what. jordan almost lost his cash from the divorce.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
:oldlol:

no, MJ should not give money to a one time multi-millionaire who is completely irresponsible and wasted his money.

He should give me some money instead
WORD!

Jasper
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Well I for one believe Jordan should give 20 mil to Pippen.

As for Kobe - I am sure 25% shooting while his teammates pulled thru for him - probably had the whole team over taking turns on his wife to show his gratitude :pimp:

As for Jordan - he should send 20 mill to Kobe for styling and show casing all of Jordans moves , so we all can keep in touch with Jordan :rockon:

==================
And if it's true Elin Woods got 750mill from Tiger - Jordan should help Tiger get his ****'n anger back - so he starts playing like a #1 ranked golfer. :)