PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher wants $5 million

konex
06-30-2010, 02:56 AM
http://www.dierasselbande.com/site/Portals/0/images/KidsLaughing.jpg

Fisher, 35, is their main free-agent concern after his sturdy playoff presence probably extended his pro career by at least one more season. The Lakers could sign him for the veteran's minimum of $1.35 million for a player with his experience (14 seasons), but Fisher wants something closer to the $5 million he made this past season.

It does not look like an easy negotiation, with Fisher saying last week he has a "strong feeling about what my value is to a team," but the Lakers hope talks do not stagnate after going through a laborious monthlong process last July before re-signing Lamar Odom.

This guy is out of his mind and so is Mitch if he gives in to this. Yes, he makes clutch shots in the playoffs but that's because teams forget to guard him since he doesn't do shit the entire regular season :hammerhead:

I like Fish a lot but he has not been an NBA caliber starter for 2 years yet he made $10 million. Why not give the team a discount now and call it even? It's not like he has any leverage? What other team can he start for in this league? (I don't think anyone is gonna pay him the full MLE to come off the bench). Hell, he won't even start on the Lakers next year unless they just do it for his ego...

hateraid
06-30-2010, 02:59 AM
Hey, he's just doing what any normal American does is the workforce. Over value yourself and negotiate high.

TheLogo
06-30-2010, 03:02 AM
I would give it to him....kind of like a bonus for the past.

When Jordan got 30 million for that one year...it was because of what he did for the organization over his career.

oh the horror
06-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Hey, he's just doing what any normal American does is the workforce. Over value yourself and negotiate high.

Agreed. You ALWAYS start higher. Fish knows damn well he aint getting 5 mil.

coin24
06-30-2010, 03:06 AM
I think he's worth around 5 mil for 1 more year..

Tito Beasley
06-30-2010, 03:07 AM
I like Fish a lot but he has not been an NBA caliber starter for 2 years yet he made $10 million. Why not give the team a discount now and call it even? It's not like he has any leverage? What other team can he start for in this league? (I don't think anyone is gonna pay him the full MLE to come off the bench). Hell, he won't even start on the Lakers next year unless they just do it for his ego...

ummm... then why are you so butthurt??

Mr. Jabbar
06-30-2010, 03:07 AM
hes gonna settle for 2.5.

side note: fishers best impact is not the clutch shots, but his coaching and leadership when he talks. "EL PRESIDENTE". He inspires others, they believe in him and respect him.

konex
06-30-2010, 03:10 AM
I would give it to him....kind of like a bonus for the past.

When Jordan got 30 million for that one year...it was because of what he did for the organization over his career.

You do that when your cap situation is good. Lakers have issues and they are even trying to lowball the coach cos Buss doesn't wanna pay. Overpaying Fisher to suck for 90% of the season doesn't help.

Also, if the Lakers want to extend Kobe's career, Fish needs to be replaced or his role reduced. Asking a 32 year old Kobe to guard PGs that Fisher can't check is ridiculous..

I think he's worth around 5 mil for 1 more year..

No he's not. You wanna know why? Cos no other team will give him anything close to that!

RoseCity07
06-30-2010, 03:19 AM
http://www.dierasselbande.com/site/Portals/0/images/KidsLaughing.jpg

This guy is out of his mind and so is Mitch if he gives in to this. Yes, he makes clutch shots in the playoffs but that's because teams forget to guard him since he doesn't do shit the entire regular season :hammerhead:

QFT

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2010, 03:22 AM
QFT
RC07, you worried about Portland's future w/o Pritchard? I know we've had our differences but I'm not trying to bait you, just curious about the thoughts of a guy who follows the every day ins and outs of the team. Personally I think there're a number of GMs who could look very good with a bottomless pocketed owner, of course they could all turn out like Zeke.

imdaman99
06-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Give it to him. He practically won them Game 3 and hit the 2nd biggest shot of Game 7.

And besides, Sasha Vuja-chick got a 3 yr 15 mill contract and guess how much he's worth. Dude is a coach on the court with his leadership alongside Kobe. He keeps Kobe in line.

srekaL
06-30-2010, 03:35 AM
What team would want him? Well I would think that Miami would want him he'd be a nice PG next to Wade.

Batz
06-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Source link?

konex
06-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Source link?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-20100630,0,2902883.story

momo
06-30-2010, 04:02 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/693249_o.gif
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/lakerlover48/derek-fisher-rapes-luis-scola-o.gif

http://i46.tinypic.com/2h56z6c.gif

RDavis31
06-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Lakers have issues

No they don't. According to LATimes.com they made over $40,000,000 profit this year. They are just greedy.

MeLO MvP 15
06-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Well his play in the playoffs alone would earn him that 5 mil... but I don't think the lakers will/should pay him more than like 3.5 mil... but they'll will get extremely bashed if they don't re-sign him b/c the media always finds something blame it on... they probably would be better of using that 5 mil on Ridnour or Blake

Kobe4life
06-30-2010, 05:26 AM
waive this washed up b1tch.

Rocker09
06-30-2010, 05:33 AM
At most, he's worth 2-3 million per year....I think he's just trying to overvalue himself for the negotiations....

12shyloc26
06-30-2010, 05:44 AM
waive this washed up b1tch.

Kobe wouldn't have gotten that 5th ring if it weren't for that washed up b1tch :no:

Basketbolero
06-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Kobe wouldn't have gotten that 5th ring if it weren't for that washed up b1tch :no:
You could say the same about those 2 free throws that Vujacic made. Does it mean he is worth 5 million?

You suck for the whole season, then have a couple of clutch plays et voil

12shyloc26
06-30-2010, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=Basketbolero]You could say the same about those 2 free throws that Vujacic made. Does it mean he is worth 5 million?

You suck for the whole season, then have a couple of clutch plays et voil

Basketbolero
06-30-2010, 06:18 AM
I didn't say he was worth that much. The lack of respect for Fisher is unbearable, but they mostly come from Kobe fans. Fisher is an amazing leader and captain. He should be back next year, but not for that ridiculous price. The Lakers need someone like Fisher to be able to meet eye to eye with Kobe in terms of respect.
Well, in that case they could make him an assistant coach. I am just saying his basketball value is far, far from 5million, and although I agree that he is often disrespected, and not only by Lakers fans, he is asking for an amount of money that you would only pay to a starter or borderline starter, and he has proven through 82 seasons that he is old and should never be starting for any NBA team, let alone a championship team.

ashbelly
06-30-2010, 06:46 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: this thread will tell who the real laker fans are. i'm taking notes.

momo
06-30-2010, 06:58 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/lakerlover48/derek-fisher-rapes-luis-scola-o.gif

This

Basketbolero
06-30-2010, 07:05 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: this thread will tell who the real laker fans are. i'm taking notes.
74-8

and

1000 posts since April?:oldlol: you are a sad human being (you're welcome for the 'human being' compliment) GET A LIFE

Yung D-Will
06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWabHLi2rJY

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/06/12/lakers.magic.game4/Derek-Fisher-shot.jpg
http://ducetwo.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/derek-fisher-21.jpg

scm5
06-30-2010, 08:02 AM
I would give Fisher the veteran's minimum and then add a $2 million dollar bonus if he gets us a title.

mamba24
06-30-2010, 08:13 AM
I constantly bash fisher for being our weak link, but as bad as he gets on defense against elite PG's he hits those shots which wins us titles,

To me someone can own him all thru the regular season until the conference finals....but if the lakers are in the finals....Fish over any other PG.

Thanks Fish for the last two titles...Clutch...Swish...

Rocker09
06-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I would give Fisher the veteran's minimum and then add a $2 million dollar bonus if he gets us a title.

I agree with this.....The lakers should reserve the MLE to a player who can replace derek as the starting PG...I wouldn't mind seeing fisher off the bench...

Basketbolero
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree with this.....The lakers should reserve the MLE to a player who can replace derek as the starting PG...I wouldn't mind seeing fisher off the bench...
Are they planning to use their MLE?

thejusman1
06-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Fisher aint worth $5 million... I'd like to see him come back tho, but if we lose Farmar, we NEED to sign a competent/capable back-up.

fatboy11
06-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I think he's worth 5 million for a year. At least on the Lakers, that is. He isn't worth 5 million to a team like Minneosta, though. But on a contender, where you know he's going to deliver what and when you need him to, yeah, he's worth 5 million dollars. No doubt.

Lakers13
06-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Would it count against our MLE to sign him? Do the Lakers own his "bird right's?"
I figure hes going to make somewhere in between 3-4 million. They prob will offer him a 2 year deal, maybe with a team option or player option.

Rocker09
06-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Are they planning to use their MLE?

I believe they're reserving it for a PG(someone correct me if I'm wrong).....Reports say that they're gunning for blake or maybe ridnour...

asdf1990
06-30-2010, 10:30 AM
kobe better lobby to get get him signed cuz he can't win a ring without fisher.

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
give it to him.
if not 5 then 4.
he is worth it.
don't give up on him
he keeps proving that
reward him

(nice posts momo)

konex
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
No they don't. According to LATimes.com they made over $40,000,000 profit this year. They are just greedy.

Whatever profit they made doesn't matter. First of all, he is not worth that on the open market. Why bid against themselves for a player who gives you maybe 10 good games a year?

Secondly, there is a salary cap and if you go over it, you pay the luxury tax. Paying Fisher $5 million essentially means the team pays $10 million to keep him. That's preposterous!!!

glidedrxlr22
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
give it to him.
if not 5 then 4.
he is worth it.
don't give up on him
he keeps proving that
reward him

(nice posts momo)

He is not worth $5 million. Why do a lot of Laker fans overvalue their players dollar-wise?

Yung D-Will
06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Whatever profit they made doesn't matter. First of all, he is not worth that on the open market. Why bid against themselves for a player who gives you maybe 10 good games a year?

Secondly, there is a salary cap and if you go over it, you pay the luxury tax. Paying Fisher $5 million essentially means the team pays $10 million to keep him. That's preposterous!!!

Ok, Once Kobe gets triple teamed on the last possession of a playoff game and the person who takes the Last shot is Ron Artest you're gonna miss this guy

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/06/12/lakers.magic.game4/Derek-Fisher-shot.jpg
http://ducetwo.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/derek-fisher-21.jpg

Basketbolero
06-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I believe they're reserving it for a PG(someone correct me if I'm wrong).....Reports say that they're gunning for blake or maybe ridnour...
:cheers: Thanks! Blake could be a very good addition, not really sure about Ridnour though, I like him a lot but he doesn't strike me as the type of PG that would succeed under the triangle.

glidedrxlr22
06-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I used to think Fisher was a decent guy, but I

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 01:28 PM
He is not worth $5 million. Why do a lot of Laker fans overvalue their players dollar-wise?

how is he not worth 5? or even 10? what are you guys talking about??
without Fish, I don't think the Lakers win either of those championships.
He literally won cluth games for us in not only the finals but the playoffs in general. In both years! In both Finals!!!
Of course you "Anybody But Lakers" fans are going to disagree and/or put your 2 cents in. You guys hate Fish. He is a winner. A tough guy.

Why do Portland fans question Laker fans.
you should be taking notes guy .. all talk, nothing to back anything up.
your not even in the conversation fella. truth in your face glide.
don't be worrying about what Laker fans over or undervalue anything.

Mr.Fundamentals
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Agreed. You ALWAYS start higher. Fish knows damn well he aint getting 5 mil.

exactly hes at the end of his career n he wanna go out wit a few xtra mil tht all

wang4three
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Overglorified Charlie Ward.

glidedrxlr22
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
how is he not worth 5? or even 10? what are you guys talking about??
without Fish, I don't think the Lakers win either of those championships.
He literally won cluth games for us in not only the finals but the playoffs in general. In both years! In both Finals!!!
Of course you "Anybody But Lakers" fans are going to disagree and/or put your 2 cents in. You guys hate Fish. He is a winner. A tough guy.

Why do Portland fans question Laker fans.
you should be taking notes guy .. all talk, nothing to back anything up.
your not even in the conversation fella. truth in your face glide.
don't be worrying about what Laker fans over or undervalue anything.

^^^Don't apply to be a GM bro. Even some of you Laker pals here are saying he's not worth $5 mill. You can't just throw million of dollars around.

boozehound
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
You do that when your cap situation is good. Lakers have issues and they are even trying to lowball the coach cos Buss doesn't wanna pay. Overpaying Fisher to suck for 90% of the season doesn't help.

Also, if the Lakers want to extend Kobe's career, Fish needs to be replaced or his role reduced. Asking a 32 year old Kobe to guard PGs that Fisher can't check is ridiculous..

No he's not. You wanna know why? Cos no other team will give him anything close to that!
they dont win it all without him.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Give him a 2-yr, $8 million contract. $5/$3

Mr.Fundamentals
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]I used to think Fisher was a decent guy, but I

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 01:38 PM
^^^Don't apply to be a GM bro. Even some of you Laker pals here are saying he's not worth $5 mill. You can't just throw million of dollars around.

what's that supposed to mean guy? these are opinons.
like yours about my team means nothing.

ok buddy, I'll hold off on my GM duties for now.
back to the topic: Derek Fisher wants 5 mil.
my opinon, yes he's worth it. give it to him

We have a legit chance at a 3-peat. and your mad about it.
I don't care where any free agents land.
Are you going to deny that

KRAYZIE
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Rashard Lewis is set to make 20.5 mil next year. Just sayin'.

brooks_thompson
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
the lakers need to pony up until someone can beat them. the money's there. it's good that the front office is trying to be prudent, but they wouldn't be having to worry about money if they hadn't given the egregious luke walton and vujacic contracts.

now that a coach and player are deserving of that money, they need to pay up, even if they are hesitant. jackson and fisher are proven.

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
We have a legit chance at a 3-peat. and your mad about it.
I don't care where any free agents land.
Are you going to deny that

well glide? are you going to deny that?

ihatetimthomas
06-30-2010, 02:11 PM

I love how you decide to quote the one Laker fan who thinks he deserves that kind of money. Most people here are saying 3 million range.

glidedrxlr22
06-30-2010, 02:12 PM
well glide? are you going to deny that?

You BARELY beat an old Boston squad. What makes you think you can beat a team full of young free agent studs. Reality check fella. Take a step back and really think about it. You would like to have a 3 peat, but the nba environment could be vastly different next year. No guarantees vato. Get off your high horse now....and ride a donkey a la Red Dead.

glidedrxlr22
06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I love how you decide to quote the one Laker fan who thinks he deserves that kind of money. Most people here are saying 3 million range.

Not just in here, but any other time. Proof is all the lopsided trades Laker fans talk about in trying to trade for more talent.

ihatetimthomas
06-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Not just in here, but any other time. Proof is all the lopsided trades Laker fans talk about in trying to trade for more talent.

Yea, and I bet you are referring to the posters who ALWAYS post crap like that. Guys like you just read what you want to see. Try looking around the Lakers forum for some level headed discussion.

fatboy11
06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Overglorified Charlie Ward.Fisher's balls are 10x bigger than Ward's. Fish never would have gotten dumped on his ass like that by P.J. Brown.

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
listen guys, of course Fisher is not the best player around. FAR from it.
he is on the decline, yes. He may not be worth 10 or 5 or 4mil. but. . .

Without him, we don't go back to back or anything. Truth is, when the playoffs come, you want him on your team. He is a Laker. He is on my team. I don't want to let him go.
If he said 5mil or he's leaving, then you give him 5mil. No brainer for this Laker fan.

(I know my comments are more controlled by my heart than by actual numbers and taxes and what not, but I don't think he's done. he has more left in him) (3-peat dude)

Knick Killer
06-30-2010, 02:29 PM
derek fisher is like teh kobe of role players

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Yea, and I bet you are referring to the posters who ALWAYS post crap like that. Guys like you just read what you want to see. Try looking around the Lakers forum for some level headed discussion.

I know you weren't talking to me. But I feel like it is about me.
do you think because I say give him 5 mil then I'm not level headed?

and I hope your not talking about me when you refer to "posters ALWAYS posting crap."

explain

OG LeeTSkeeT
06-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Derek Fisher
34 minutes
0 Points
0 Assists
0 Rebounds
0 FGM
0 FT's

ihatetimthomas
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I know you weren't talking to me. But I feel like it is about me.
do you think because I say give him 5 mil then I'm not level headed?

and I hope your not talking about me when you refer to "posters ALWAYS posting crap."

explain

Sensitive a bit?

He said something about Laker fans always producing lopsided trade ideas and I said not all are like that. Don't worry its not about you, honestly I dont even know why I am actually taking the time to explain this to you.

Pinkhearts
06-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Last year it was:

"Lamar Odom is worth 10 mil a year!"

"True Laker fans value Odom and will give him 10 mil"

"Buss is lowballing Odom!"

"Odom will go to Miami and Lakers will not see the championship again!"

Thank god none of you idiots are the GM of the Lakers and we have geniuses like Buss and Kupchak running the show and winning championships.

32jazz
06-30-2010, 02:57 PM
the lakers need to pony up until someone can beat them. the money's there. it's good that the front office is trying to be prudent, but they wouldn't be having to worry about money if they hadn't given the egregious luke walton and vujacic contracts.

now that a coach and player are deserving of that money, they need to pay up, even if they are hesitant. jackson and fisher are proven.

I don't know if the Lakers should just keep throwing bad money/bad contracts just because they have done so in the past(Luke Walton & Vujacic).

I know it is a little(or hugely) disappointing for D Fish to see those two guys (along with Morrison expiring ) contribute very very little to the championship(Sasha did hit clutch free throws off the bench) ,but get paid more than he does.

scm5 had the best solution & that would be an incentive based contract(33%-50% incentives) which takes into consideration mpg(especially playoff minutes), individual stats, team success.

Like Ariza, D Fish is doing the right thing. Make as much money as you can while you can.

crisoner
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM

This

32jazz
06-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Last year it was:

"Lamar Odom is worth 10 mil a year!"

"True Laker fans value Odom and will give him 10 mil"

"Buss is lowballing Odom!"

"Odom will go to Miami and Lakers will not see the championship again!"

Thank god none of you idiots are the GM of the Lakers and we have geniuses like Buss and Kupchak running the show and winning championships.

Yes GENIUSES who signed Luke to a 6 year /$30 million plus contract, Vladimir Radmonovic(5 years /$31 million plus) & a bad Sasha deal($5 million plus per year).:rolleyes:

Although they did make good on the Vlad deal by luckily getting the Shorter Shannon Brown/Morrison contracts.

Drafting/Signing players to contracts is not some science.

brooks_thompson
06-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't know if the Lakers should just keep throwing bad money/bad contracts just because they have done so in the past(Luke Walton & Vujacic).

I know it is a little(or hugely) disappointing for D Fish to see those two guys (along with Morrison expiring ) contribute very very little to the championship(Sasha did hit clutch free throws off the bench) ,but get paid more than he does.

scm5 had the best solution & that would be an incentive based contract(33%-50% incentives) which takes into consideration mpg(especially playoff minutes), individual stats, team success.

Like Ariza, D Fish is doing the right thing. Make as much money as you can while you can.

but fisher and jackson are tested and proven. neither walton nor vujacic was. for somebody that has given a ton to the organization, loyalty does come into play, even if it is not the best deal (see spurs and ginobili). and we're talkin 2 years here.

Pinkhearts
06-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Yes GENIUSES who signed Luke to a 6 year /$30 million plus contract, Vladimir Radmonovic(5 years /$31 million plus) & a bad Sasha deal($5 million plus per year).:rolleyes:

Although they did make good on the Vlad deal by luckily getting the Shorter Shannon Brown/Morrison contracts.

Drafting/Signing players to contracts is not some science.

And because these geniuses gave huge contracts to those players, they should give Fisher 5mil to make up for their mistakes right?

You're an idiot. Those monster contracts were signed back when the economy was good, and those prices seem reasonable. Everyone with a contract signed back during those days were paid so highly. 6'10 forward who can shoot the lights out and you don't give him 6 mil MLE money? No one predicted the economy was going to crumble otherwise the Lakers will be the richest team in the world simply by buying put options. Luckily those old contracts are starting to expire now and the Lakers can use them.

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 03:20 PM
but fisher and jackson are tested and proven. neither walton nor vujacic was. for somebody that has given a ton to the organization, loyalty does come into play, even if it is not the best deal (see spurs and ginobili). and we're talkin 2 years here.

good post

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Sensitive a bit?

He said something about Laker fans always producing lopsided trade ideas and I said not all are like that. Don't worry its not about you, honestly I dont even know why I am actually taking the time to explain this to you.

yeah I guess I did come off a little sensitive.
I just feel strong about keeping our core players esp. Fish

thanks for taking the time and explaining though. no problems.

glide and I are cool too, he tries to get under my skin with his never giving ANY credit where it's due.

32jazz
06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
And because these geniuses gave huge contracts to those players, they should give Fisher 5mil to make up for their mistakes right?

You're an idiot. Those monster contracts were signed back when the economy was good, and those prices seem reasonable. Everyone with a contract signed back during those days were paid so highly. 6'10 forward who can shoot the lights out and you don't give him 6 mil MLE money? No one predicted the economy was going to crumble otherwise the Lakers will be the richest team in the world simply by buying put options. Luckily those old contracts are starting to expire now and the Lakers can use them.

At least Brook Thompson is intelligent enough(unlike an idiot like you whom I was not adressing) to read my post & see that nowhere I said that D Fish should get a guaranteed $5million dollar contract. I actually said they should NOT, SHOULD NOT SIGN BAD MONEY ON TOP OF BAD MONEY.

You are the idiot. Please read first.

I don't give a damn if Jerry Buss struck an oil well /combination gold well underneath his F**king property. The NBA HAS A FREAKING CAP & they had this CAP when Buss gave those huge contracts out.

Signing Luke Walton to a 6 year /$30 million plus dollar deal is bad in ANY economy.
Desperately Signing Vlad to a 5 year /$31 million deal is Bad in ANY economy.

Desperately signing Sasha(though it was only 3 years & not the long term ones like Luke/Vlads) is not good in any economy.

Again YOU IDIOT . Nowhere did I say D Fish desrves a guaranteed $5 million dollar contract like some . I definitely don't blame D fish 4 asking.

MAke as MUch as you can While you can.

Pinkhearts
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
At least Brook Thompson is intelligent enough(unlike an idiot like you whom I was not adressing) to read my post & see that nowhere I said that D Fish should get a guaranteed $5million dollar contract. I actually said they should NOT, SHOULD NOT SIGN BAD MONEY ON TOP OF BAD MONEY.

You are the idiot. Please read first.

I don't give a damn if Jerry Buss struck an oil well /combination gold well underneath his F**king property. The NBA HAS A FREAKING CAP & they had this CAP when Buss gave those huge contracts out.

Signing Luke Walton to a 6 year /$30 million plus dollar deal is bad in ANY economy.
Desperately Signing Vlad to a 5 year /$31 million deal is Bad in ANY economy.

Desperately signing Sasha(though it was only 3 years & not the long term ones like Luke/Vlads) is not good in any economy.

Again YOU IDIOT . Nowhere did I say D Fish desrves a guaranteed $5 million dollar contract like those guys. I definitely don't blame D fish 4 asking.

MAke as MUch as you can While you can.

And read my first post that you quoted you idiot.

I mentioned that posters here are idiots that will give Fisher 5mil and give Lamar 10mil. I was grateful to have great management in the Lakers to successfully negotiate and build a championship team.

You come in and quoted saying the management are dumb by signing those players to huge contracts. Which means you say we shouldn't trust them and should give 5mil based on what our loyal laker posters here say.

Choose your stance properly fool

32jazz
06-30-2010, 04:00 PM

Brooks we are not TOTALLY disagreeing. I agree with you that Fisher deserves some respect ,but like I said the Lakers shouldn't sign another bad contract just because they signed others in the past. They shouldn't sign more BAd money on top of bad money.

I totally agree with D Fish for asking & I don't blame him as he watches Luke/Morrison(traded 4 Vlad's contract) sitting on the bench(not even seriously in the rotation) making $5 million dollars a piece. While Fisher only hits clutch shot after clutch shot in the playoffs/Finals.

I think if the Lakers don't want to guarantee him that much they could at least give him the vet minnimum(or a bit more) & then give him some combination of incentives to allow him to make up the rest perhaps :confusedshrug:

Incentives based upon MPG in the post season, stats & team success in the playoffs(ie so much for WCf/Finals victories).

brooks_thompson
06-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Brooks we are not TOTALLY disagreeing. I agree with you that Fisher deserves some respect ,but like I said the Lakers shouldn't sign another bad contract just because they signed others in the past. They shouldn't sign more BAd money on top of bad money.

I totally agree with D Fish for asking & I don't blame him as he watches Luke/Morrison(traded 4 Vlad's contract) sitting on the bench(not even seriously in the rotation) making $5 million dollars a piece. While Fisher only hits clutch shot after clutch shot in the playoffs/Finals.

I think if the Lakers don't want to guarantee him that much they could at least give him the vet minnimum(or a bit more) & then give him some combination of incentives to allow him to make up the rest perhaps :confusedshrug:

Incentives based upon MPG in the post season, stats & team success in the playoffs(ie so much for WCf/Finals victories).

that extreme amount of incentives is unheard of, though, especially when the amount you spoke of would be more than his guaranteed contract. for a veteran player, it would be seen as an insult. he's got nothing left to "prove" as far as being a team player, which is what those incentives would imply to him and his agent.

Lakerlove420
06-30-2010, 04:14 PM
that extreme amount of incentives is unheard of, though, especially when the amount you spoke of would be more than his guaranteed contract. for a veteran player, it would be seen as an insult. he's got nothing left to "prove" as far as being a team player, which is what those incentives would imply to him and his agent.

great post, again

32jazz
06-30-2010, 04:15 PM
And read my first post that you quoted you idiot.

I mentioned that posters here are idiots that will give Fisher 5mil and give Lamar 10mil. I was grateful to have great management in the Lakers to successfully negotiate and build a championship team.

You come in and quoted saying the management are dumb by signing those players to huge contracts. Which means you say we shouldn't trust them and should give 5mil based on what our loyal laker posters here say.

Choose your stance properly fool

I didn't say they were dumb(QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID THAT) ,but YOU ARE dumb. You are so insignificant I forgot I even read your damn post.:lol

QUOTE ME where I said that D Fish shoud get a guaranteed $5million contract or shut the F**K up. Read my posts you dumb ass & stop giving your immature interpretation of what you think I'm saying.

AGAIN. YOU Dumb*ss NOWHERE did I say Fisher should get a guaranteed $5 million dollar contract. Only that Fisher HAS A RIGHT to ask for it & I don't blame him for being upset that he would be asked to take the veteran's minumum while Luke gets $5 million(3 more years) for absolutely nothing, Morrison got $5 million 4 even less(expiring however) & Sasha got $5million.

Just because I empathize with D Fishers plight(as much as I can have empathy for a millionaire when I'm middle class) doesn't mean I think he deserves equal gauaranteed contracts to those guys . I SAID the LAKERS SHOULDN"T SPEND BAD MONEY ON TOP OF BAD MONEY.

That being said Luke/6 year $30 million plus ,Vlad/5 year /$31 million plus(then luckily transferred to Morrison), & Sasha are bad contracts in ANY economy.

bih
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
if kobe says he wants fisher back lakers will give him 5 million.

of course he is not even worth 2 million but its kobe's team.

32jazz
06-30-2010, 04:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken the Blazers signed Camby to a 2 year extension worth $25 million dollars. Only about $17 million of it is guaranteed while roughly $8 million dollars of the $25 million is incentive based (some 'attainable' & some 'unattainable')

That is over 1/3 or 33% of his contract is incentives based so it is not unheard of(Blazers fans may know more about this).

I didn't say I don't have empathy for Fish's predicament (as much as I can have 4 a millionaire) ,but when a businees is tightening its purse strings some people are unfairly targeted for lay offs/pay cuts. And many times it is older/ proven employess.Unfortunatley 4 Fisher this MAY be his predicament.

It's not my decision. Hell I'm just making some middle ground type suggestions/speculation. D Fish may laugh at incentives in his contract just as the Lakers may laugh at his guaranteed $5 million / year request.

:confusedshrug:

Pinkhearts
06-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I didn't say they were dumb(QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID THAT) ,but YOU ARE dumb. You are so insignificant I forgot I even read your damn post.:lol

QUOTE ME where I said that D Fish shoud get a guaranteed $5million contract or shut the F**K up. Read my posts you dumb ass & stop giving your immature interpretation of what you think I'm saying.

AGAIN. YOU Dumb*ss NOWHERE did I say Fisher should get a guaranteed $5 million dollar contract. Only that Fisher HAS A RIGHT to ask for it & I don't blame him for being upset that he would be asked to take the veteran's minumum while Luke gets $5 million(3 more years) for absolutely nothing, Morrison got $5 million 4 even less(expiring however) & Sasha got $5million.

Just because I empathize with D Fishers plight(as much as I can have empathy for a millionaire when I'm middle class) doesn't mean I think he deserves equal gauaranteed contracts to those guys . I SAID the LAKERS SHOULDN"T SPEND BAD MONEY ON TOP OF BAD MONEY.

That being said Luke/6 year $30 million plus ,Vlad/5 year /$31 million plus(then luckily transferred to Morrison), & Sasha are bad contracts in ANY economy.

Well that's proves it. You're dumb and didn't read and just quoted and tried to make a point.

In my post I said that the Laker management are geniuses compared to the idiots of ISH who would give Fisher 5mil and Odom 10mil. I was grateful to have such a competent management that helped us win a championship. If you even bother to apply your limited reading skills you would have understood that.

But no, you just wanted to make a quote to insult the Laker management and make yourself look cool. If you think the Lakers are that big of a failure to give those 2 contracts in a good economy then I challenge you to find me a team that made better decisions. Go ahead I'm listening.

SleepyCorpse
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
aren't they in the luxury tax? i.e paying fisher 5 million is paying 10 million overall.

Kobe 4 The Win
07-01-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd pay Fish what he wants and make signing a quality backup PG a priority as well as a veteran big to back up Bynum and Pau.

I can't believe how people shit on Fisher. I will never give up on that dude. Never. He's too important to our team. He has repeatedly performed when it matters the most. He has the guts to take and hit clucth playoff shots. He is the heart and soul of the Lakers. He's a coach on the floor. He fights through screens and takes charges on defense.

We need Fisher and he deserves to be rewarded for everything he's done for our team. I don't give a damn if he's lost a step. He makes up for it and then some.

Replay32
07-01-2010, 01:35 AM
All I know is they better resign him.

nevetslc88
07-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Lakers Get On the Phone With Derek Fisher (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-20100701,0,3887270,print.story)

They want the veteran point guard back, but at a discount. Brian Shaw withdraws his name from consideration for the coaching job in Cleveland.

By Mike Bresnahan and Broderick Turner

10:50 PM PDT, June 30, 2010

The clock struck midnight on the East Coast, and the scramble began for too many teams to sensibly list in one sentence.

The Lakers, meanwhile, had their own issues on which to dwell Wednesday night, none of them including the frenzy surrounding LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

They called the agent for Derek Fisher right after free agency began and expressed interest in having the 14-year-veteran return for another run at a championship.

Fisher is the main free-agent concern for a team that is well over the salary cap but definitely wants him back without going too far beyond a $2.5-million deal for next season. Fisher, 35, wants to make closer to the $5 million he earned this past season.

The Lakers and Fisher did not agree to terms Wednesday, but there was definitive movement involving two Lakers' reserve guards earlier in the day.

Shannon Brown officially opted out of a contract that would have paid him $2.15 million next season, making him an unrestricted free agent., and the Lakers decided not to tender a qualifying offer of about $3 million to Jordan Farmar, making him an unrestricted free agent who can also sign wherever he wants.

Just the same, the Lakers called the agent for Brown within minutes of the advent of free agency to also express interest in re-signing him.

. . .

LakersLaLaLand
07-01-2010, 07:36 AM
In my post I said that the Laker management are geniuses compared to the idiots of ISH who would give Fisher 5mil and Odom 10mil. I was grateful to have such a competent management that helped us win a championship. If you even bother to apply your limited reading skills you would have understood that.

But no, you just wanted to make a quote to insult the Laker management and make yourself look cool. If you think the Lakers are that big of a failure to give those 2 contracts in a good economy then I challenge you to find me a team that made better decisions. Go ahead I'm listening.

Diehard Laker fan here.

Our front office sucks. Our recent success has been pure luck. Falling in your lap if you will. Jerry West puppetered the Gasol deal. So Kupchak doesn't deserve any credit for that. Artest would have came with or without kupchak.

If you want to grade kupchak look at his draft picks and offseason signing. WACKNESS.

Seriously Pink. Take the Homer shades off and look diligently at our recent history. The front office has made some very very very bad moves.

The Ariza deal was accepted by a bad move from Otis Thorpe. No credit to Kupchak.

Radman deal was acceptted by a GM who is well known to make BAD moves. Mr Jordan. No credit to kupchak.

Basically some of kupchaks best moves were made by other GMs to help erase horrible mistakes by Mitch Kupcak.

seanlakers
07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Diehard Laker fan here.

Our front office sucks. Our recent success has been pure luck. Falling in your lap if you will. Jerry West puppetered the Gasol deal. So Kupchak doesn't deserve any credit for that. Artest would have came with or without kupchak.

If you want to grade kupchak look at his draft picks and offseason signing. WACKNESS.

Seriously Pink. Take the Homer shades off and look diligently at our recent history. The front office has made some very very very bad moves.

The Ariza deal was accepted by a bad move from Otis Thorpe. No credit to Kupchak.

Radman deal was acceptted by a GM who is well known to make BAD moves. Mr Jordan. No credit to kupchak.

Basically some of kupchaks best moves were made by other GMs to help erase horrible mistakes by Mitch Kupcak.

Breaking news! This just in! The Lakers accidentally win 2 championships just to spite their terrible management! Mitch Kupchak threatens to trade away talent and sign d-leaguers if the team continues to succeed!

Seriously though, just because you call yourself a "diehard" doesn't mean your opinion on the matter holds any more water than the pepsi cans my son uses for BB practice.

Orlando Magic
07-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Breaking news! This just in! The Lakers accidentally win 2 championships just to spite their terrible management! Mitch Kupchak threatens to trade away talent and sign d-leaguers if the team continues to succeed!

Seriously though, just because you call yourself a "diehard" doesn't mean your opinion on the matter holds any more water than the pepsi cans my son uses for BB practice.

He is fairly spot on in his assessment. I remember when people would spout off about Dumars' "greatness" bc a bunch of lucy shit happened to the Pistons. Look at the now. He's a mediocre GM at best.

LakersLaLaLand
07-01-2010, 09:15 AM

ok...lets attack my lakers have a dumbass general manager statement, who is a poor talent evaluator.

Its great the Lakers have won 2 championships in 3 years. Doesn't change the fact Mitch Kupchak is a poor talent scout.

Ill try to leave other things out...which are easier to criticize. Like I am a diehard laker fan. Cmon brother...hit me where it hurts...attack my facts.

What else do you have to say about Mitch Kupchak's success? Anything?

I like to believe you don't have much to contribute about Mitch Kupchaks talents because he is lacking of congratulations.

Do you think Mitch Kupchak is well regarded as one of the best GM's in the league? Well he isn't. When talking about the top 5-7 general managers in the league. His name never comes up. Despite FIVE championships under his belt. I wonder why. Actually I don't. He sucks.

Seriously....be a rational fan...and evaluate mitch kupchak. I dare you.

And I will be here to burn all your excuses. :no:

Consistently made poor draft picks. Despite not being asked to produce starters but merely role players.

Signed undeserving players to fat contracts. Radman, Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic and Brian Cook all signed ridiculous contracts. Also picked up crappy players post shaq. Oh...i forgot to mention he TRADED THE MOST DOMINANT CENTER EVER. Which should have crippled the Lakers for a decade. But Jerry West bit the bullet, took one for the team, and pretended to care about memphis. When all he really did was set up the Gasol deal 5 years in advance. Kevin Mchale did the same thing for the Celtics in Minnesota. Eat that.

I could go on and on. But Ill save it.

Rebuttal-Sean Lakers: ??????????

LakersLaLaLand
07-01-2010, 09:16 AM
He is fairly spot on in his assessment. I remember when people would spout off about Dumars' "greatness" bc a bunch of lucy shit happened to the Pistons. Look at the now. He's a mediocre GM at best.

Thats because the real brains John Hammonds left Detroit to GM the Milwaukee Bucks.

Uh Oh.....Fear the Dear.

And Detroit is a wasteland of an NBA team.

32jazz
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Diehard Laker fan here.

Well. I didn't even go that far & say the Lakers front office sucks. I was simply mocking that some idiot called Kupchak a 'genius':rolleyes: (as If that term isn't thrown around too much already).

Drafting/signing players is not some science so I'm never TOO hard on GM's, but I'm not accepting that the Lakers have been infallible since they won two championships(Kobe can help erase a lot of mistakes).

I only disagre with you in that I think trading Shaq has proven to be the right move although I thought the Lakers could have gotten more in return.Maybe not. But they got Odom & Caron Butler who begat Kwame Brown who begat Pau Gasol. Although it took a very painful 3 years for Lakers fans.

The GAsol deal seemed so shady/incompetent on Memphis' part that other organizations(Spurs/Pop for one) wanted an investigation into the deal.:lol But the Grizz getting the rights to Marc Gasol has made it seem a more legitimate deal today & made Jerry West look a little better & not a secret "Laker4Lyfe" agent working for L.A. who sabotaged Memphis.

And our buddy MJ bailed us out of the awful Vlad Rad deal.

Now if Kupchak can do the impossible(unless he is packaged with someone) & get someone to take those final 3 Luke Walton years the man might just be a damn genius:roll:

I now give them some credit for stubbornly sticking with Bynum(who finally paid off in the post season) although he was the reason the Lakers couldn't make any deals as the Lakers refused to let him go(Bynum along with Lamar were the only two seriously tradeable players Kupchak had on the roster). And out of desperation to keep Kobe happy(who wanted Bynum gone to get some help) the guy was signing bad contracts left & right ,but not wanting to pull the trigger on Bynum.

But as a L.A. fan I'm not naive enough to believe the Lakers front office are 'geniuses'.

It is not a science & a lot of luck is also involved.

Pinkhearts
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
If you guys think you are smarter than Buss and Kupchak I want to see you guys start your own franchise and beat the Lakers.

Seriously, I maintain that Buss and Kupchak are GENIUSES compared to both of you RETARDS. These guys are making MILLIONS with Buss being a multimillionaire and have won CHAMPIONSHIPS and I'm supposed to believe you are smarter than them and have the qualification to judge them. Yes you're damn right.

Why is Kupchak a bad scout? Who the hell was he supposed to draft with those late first round picks that were mostly traded away anyway? One year he had the #10 and he drafted Bynum. Not good enough for you?

Buss managed the team within bankroll perfectly, tried not to overpay anybody and did a good job at that so far. Again, I haven't heard you bring up an example of some other management who did a better job than him.

Both of you are idiots. You don't deserve to be fans of such great teams as you don't appreciate the good effort the owners have put in. Why don't you go support some other sorry ass franchise with "better management".

04mzwach
07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
He deserves it. He always hits clutch shots.

konex
07-03-2010, 02:39 AM
So, what does the Blake signing do to Fisher? Looks like he has no leverage at all except to get his buddies in the LA media to rip the team for "low-balling" him and rile up the fans

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/derek-fisher-deserves-more-than-what-lakers-are-offering.html

Obviously the Lakers are not gonna pay a washed-up player more than the $4 mil Blake got. Even then, that's too much for him on a team with cap issues IMO.

Will Fish check his ego and take $5 mil for 2 years? Is there any team in this league that would pay him $10 mil for 2?

oh the horror
07-03-2010, 02:55 AM
I dig Fish, I really do, but god bless any team that is willing to pay him more. At this stage in his career, I cant see him being worth that much as a PLAYER.

brooks_thompson
07-03-2010, 03:00 AM
I dig Fish, I really do, but god bless any team that is willing to pay him more. At this stage in his career, I cant see him being worth that much as a PLAYER.

oh but fisher is a symbol

gyu
07-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Lakers routinely overpay guys so I don't see a problem with this or why any other Lakers fan is surprised

hwliuLAP
07-03-2010, 03:25 AM
For the Lakers fan bashing about Mitch, I find it hilarious, so now all his trades are other GMs bad trades?

Radman was signed to be a shooter to space things out while he was young, and he was only signed for the MLE. Sasha and Luke were all grown within the system, so it was easier to keep them and take a chance to develop them then to go out and look for players that might not even contribute meaning full minutes.

He was also criticized for the Artest deal, for what?

Now he's suppose to find solid starters when the team only been in the lottery once in however long, and with the only 10th pick he ever got, he turned it into Bynum. Invested a lot Bynum and now has showed that he IS a piece of puzzle to a championship team for what he provides.

So really, when Lewis is getting max contracts like nothing, Ben Gordon and Charlie V got over signed for nothing, and now with scrubs like Frye getting paid to the bank. who has he really signed that was over the MLE? only Kwame who turned that expire into Gasol, and Bynum. In all his other deals it's been using small cap release for teams to find younger players who are in their rookie contracts.

At the end of the day, he will end up getting Fisher at the price we wanted anyways. But still, that's not enough for Lakers fan. Because winning 2 ships in a row is not enough, building a team that can realistically contend for another 3-4 years is not enough, he needs to make those block buster moves to create the hollywood effect of he's a "great GM".

Wagon jumper
07-03-2010, 03:59 AM
During timeout you see Kobe is listening to what Fisher had say to the team. You know that guy is important to your team.

sbw19
07-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Super subs Vujacic, Walton and Morrison are making $15 mil combined. Fisher produces more at a fraction of the cost. Pay him, he's earned it.

konex
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Derek Fisher is still delusional:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5355999

I have to work in order to feel good. The more minutes I play, the better. I'm worse at 20 minutes than I am at 38 minutes. My body is not even warmed up when I play 20 minutes.

I don't really get overly concerned with who can come in and do what I do better than me or replace me. You could try something different, but you cannot go out and find what I do, period. Regardless of what you try or who you try to get, it won't be the same. It might look different. It might even look better, depending on the packaging. But it won't be what I do.

I think this interview was done hours before they signed Blake so hopefully he's taking a more realistic view now (instead of posturing for $5 mil per)

LA_Showtime
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Keep him. He proved everyone wrong last season. Who's to say he can't do it again? I'd rather overpay him and be disappointed then let him walk and regret it.

konex
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Keep him. He proved everyone wrong last season. Who's to say he can't do it again? I'd rather overpay him and be disappointed then let him walk and regret it.

How did he prove everyone wrong? He was horrendous all year (as the critics predicted) and made some bigs shots in the Finals.

I'm not saying he should leave but he is definitely not worth $5 mil.

LA_Showtime
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
How did he prove everyone wrong? He was horrendous all year (as the critics predicted) and made some bigs shots in the Finals.

I'm not saying he should leave but he is definitely not worth $5 mil.

I know he's not. His production on the basketball court makes him worth somewhere around 2-3 million. However, his presence in the locker room combined with his knack of making big shots makes the extra 2-3 million worth it.