PDA

View Full Version : LAL offers Mike Miller 5 yr. 30million

nevetslc88
07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox

Source told FOXSports.com that Mike Miller has already met with the Lakers, Knicks and Heat out in L.A. Lakers offered 5 years, $30 million. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

konex
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Umm, maybe if we needed a starter. No way they'd use the entire MLE for a backup SF when we have NO point guard :roll:

boozehound
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
hed look good as their backup 2/3

MeLO MvP 15
07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
He'll probably get more money, but he might want to win more, so he could accept it

ZeN
http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox
I dont know if Miller will go for it. But I would be so psyched if he did accept the offer. I would love to see Pau and Miller reunited. Also, this could prove the situation that kind of wakes Mikes career up. This is just an offer and it doesnt mean anything will come from it.. but at least we see that The Lakers do have real interest and its the rumor wasnt just mere talk.

DavisWarriorsFan
Umm, maybe if we needed a starter. No way they'd use the entire MLE for a backup SF when we have NO point guard :roll:
Like Raymond Felton?

dirkdiggler41
07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Could he play point from time to time?

konex
07-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Like Raymond Felton?

He would easily be the best PG the Lakers have had since NVE. I'd take him..

ZeN
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Its not illogical that they would pay that much for a backup considering that they have already done so before. If players like Sasha and Walton can get 5 mil to ride the bench, then its reasonable for them to give the same amount to a guard/forward who is better than them. Plus the Lakers would then have someone capable substituting for Artest/Kobe if they get in foul trouble..

brandonislegend
He can play point from time to time....he is a tremendous passer. Triangle doesn't need a true point. He is the player the lakers need, straight shooter.

Tito Beasley

No.

They can stick any point guard in there.

They need shooters. They're lucky Artest and Fisher managed to pull shots out their ass at the last minute cause the whole team was ice cold and nearly blew the series by throwing up bricks for 46 minutes.

Miller would be perfect for the Lakers.

brooks_thompson
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM

yes, he's the lamar odom of swingmen. he's a great shooter, sure, but he's a very positive all-around player. he can handle the ball if odom is out.

bagelred
Can the owners really claim poverty in the new CBA when they are chucking mega 5 year contracts around like.......like............hmmmm like what?..........can't think of a good analogy

pete's montreux
F*ck, really? :mad:

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Holy crap! I thought the Lakers were going to try and save money this off-season. I doubt he'd play point guard though.

ZeN
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
He can play point from time to time....he is a tremendous passer. Triangle doesn't need a true point. He is the player the lakers need, straight shooter.

Phil has always prefered big guards anyway. He has only made the concession late in his Laker years, but previously he always wanted guards with height to help disrupt the other teams ability to pass.

Qwyjibo
07-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Would be a good signing.

Mike Miller is a solid all-around player. He's one of the best overall shooters in the NBA and a good playmaker and rebounder for his position. He just needs to be way more selfish with his own offense than he has recently been. If you are that good of a shooter, fire away.

Mike Miller has been underrated the last couple years because for some reason he has differed his offense to much worse players. I'm sure someone will remind him how good of an offensive player he actually is.

HylianNightmare
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
god damn lakers... give us a chance at least

konex
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Its not illogical that they would pay that much for a backup considering that they have already done so before. If players like Sasha and Walton can get 5 mil to ride the bench, then its reasonable for them to give the same amount to a guard/forward who is better than them. Plus the Lakers would then have someone capable substituting for Artest/Kobe if they get in foul trouble..

Just because Lakers made poor choices in the past doesn't mean they have to again. The guy is frikken 30 and we already have Ron. No thanks at that price.

I'd rather split the MLE with a defensive SG/SF who can shoot and a backup PG who beats Fish for the job..

hotsizzle
07-01-2010, 09:52 PM
5 years might be too much but this guy is a great triangle fit and a much needed sharpshooter to space the floor

bagelred
07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Aren't the Lakers in desperate need of a PG? :confusedshrug:

QuebecBaller
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
One of my favorite player would go to a team that I hate? :cry:

indiefan24
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Source has also told FOXSports.com both LeBron James & Dwyane Wade are and will recruit Mike Miller whenever they end up.

who the hell is this "source" haha

talk at ya
http://i48.tinypic.com/2yyy0de.png

Sorry I don't know that much about the Salary Cap Rules/exceptions, but can someone please tell me how the Lakers can sign another player when they are so far over the limit???

LA_Showtime
It sounds like a great idea. I can't help but think a trade would be made if this were to happen. It just doesn't sound reasonable to spend that much money on a bench player. He's a heck of a shooter, but he can't create his own shot off the dribble and he's not exactly a defensive stopper, although I do think his defense is somewhat overlooked.

bagelred
Steve Blake must be p-ssed. I bet he thought the Lakers would come knocking.

c3zz4rr
07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
http://*********.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Sorry I don't know that much about the Salary Cap Rules/exceptions, but can someone please tell me how the Lakers can sign another player when they are so far over the limit???

Every team over the cap limit has a mid-level exception to sign players in the offseason.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
5 years might be too much but this guy is a great triangle fit and a much needed sharpshooter to space the floor

they are giving him 5 yrs cause...the lakers know in FA he would get around 8mil/yr for sure.....the 5yr from lakers side is a commitment for a longer deal

I dont worry that much about PG really....anyways Kobe guarded everybody from Westbrook to D Williams to Rondo.....

they can have CJ Watson....for around 2mil or a guy like brewer to guard the ultra quick pg's

konex
07-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I would rather sign Matt Barnes for that money. He actually plays defense...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Just because Lakers made poor choices in the past doesn't mean they have to again. The guy is frikken 30 and we already have Ron. No thanks at that price.

I'd rather split the MLE with a defensive SG/SF who can shoot and a backup PG who beats Fish for the job..

if you split the MLE...you get players who are well pathetic because u are paying them pathetic 2.5mil /year...like shannon brown....

Its better for them to give 5mil/yr to a guy who can who can play both positions and is really good at it..

ashlar
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe this is just me but if this deal goes through I see a higher chance for the bosh s&t to LA with luke going and LA getting one of toronto's pgs in return.

DwightHowardMVP
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Damn looks like its over for next year

Tally up that 3-peat if Lakers stay healthy.

Miller can split minutes with Artest, Whoever plays Pg and give Kobe rest.
He still going to get 30 minutes a game.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM

they can still sign him for around 1.8mil/year and make him play some good D....

or u saying you want to pay Barnes 5mil/years?

you must be crazy if you comparing Barnes and Mike Miller

Clifton
07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
They can stick any point guard in there.
This.

If they get Mike Miller, the season's over, Lakers win again. It doesn't matter who the PG is. With a guy like Mike Miller on the team, Lakers can go whole quarters during the regular season and early rounds with Kobe playing point and barely even trying.

konex
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
they can still sign him for around 1.8mil/year and make him play some good D....

or u saying you want to pay Barnes 5mil/years?

you must be crazy if you comparing Barnes and Mike Miller

Unlike many of the players getting crazy deals right now, Barnes was actually a contributing starter on a contending team. I think he's worth close to the full MLE. I dunno about 6 years but there are worse players getting $5 mil per (3 of them are on the Lakers if you included what Fish made last year lol)

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
We're talking about Mike Miller, not LeBron James.

hotsizzle
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Lakers desperately need a shooter like Miller. That was one flaw in the team last season, outside shooting to space the floor. Miller is an incredible shooter but hes also a well rounded player. Solid rebounder/passer and his defense isnt as bad as its made out to be. This is a great fit and I'm hoping he accepts it.

I cant help but think there is a trade brewing though, since rumors were that LA was adamant about saving money this offseason and not using the full MLE

J_Rock3ts
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
We're talking about Mike Miller, not LeBron James.

This. The Lakers need a reliable spot up shooter, but they need a point guard even more. They should throw that money at Felton instead.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Lakers desperately need a shooter like Miller. That was one flaw in the team last season, outside shooting to space the floor. Miller is an incredible shooter but hes also a well rounded player. Solid rebounder/passer and his defense isnt as bad as its made out to be. This is a great fit and I'm hoping he accepts it.

I cant help but think there is a trade brewing though, since rumors were that LA was adamant about saving money this offseason and not using the full MLE

Yup. If the Lakers sign Mike Miller, I wouldn't be surprised to see Odom shipped out for a point guard. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but all I keep hearing is that Buss wants to cut back the spending.

Note - Jerry Buss is a very competitive guy and I also wouldn't be surprised to see him continue to spend money especially after hearing about the possible LeBron-Wade-Bosh pairing.

The Iron Fist
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM

No, that entire thought process is overrated. A premier pg isn't necessary for the triangle. Someone who can shoot and play d is whats needed at that spot.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
And no, the Lakers don't necessarily need a true point guard. What they need is a slasher.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Unlike many of the players getting crazy deals right now, Barnes was actually a contributing starter on a contending team. I think he's worth close to the full MLE. I dunno about 6 years but there are worse players getting $5 mil per (3 of them are on the Lakers if you included what Fish made last year lol)

are you sure what you are talking about? you saying players getting crazy deals right now and then comparing to the deals the lakers gave few years back?

InfiniteBaskets
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
No, that entire thought process is overrated. A premier pg isn't necessary for the triangle. Someone who can shoot and play d is whats needed at that spot.

But if they spend the MLE on Mike Miller, how do they plan to get a PG who can do those things you mentioned?

The Iron Fist
07-01-2010, 10:24 PM
But if they spend the MLE on Mike Miller, how do they plan to get a PG who can do those things you mentioned?

Still got Fish. :eek:

Bottom line, its not disastrous if they don't get that type of pg. They've won the last two years with the same pgs they have now.

ProfessorMurder
07-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Still got Fish. :eek:

Bottom line, its not disastrous if they don't get that type of pg. They've won the last two years with the same pgs they have now.

Fisher wants 5 mill doesn't he?

gts
07-01-2010, 10:26 PM
trade...

ashlar
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Thats what he wants but he sure as hell isn't getting it. He will settle around the 3 mil range. No agent is going to come out and lowball himself and his client.

The Iron Fist
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Do you know anything about negotiating?

You always ask for more than what you really expect.

hotsizzle
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Source told FOXSports.com that Lakers gave Mike Miller a deadline of tonight. Miller's camp trying to receive more time.

Beautiful. :oldlol:

TryToBeUnbias
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
dam they put him on the clock :oldlol:

Jacks3
07-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Miller
Odom
Artest
Bryant
Bynum
Gasol

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :eek: :eek:

chazzy
07-01-2010, 10:31 PM
dam they put him on the clock :oldlol:

Haha they probably want him to commit before Lebron or Wade can try to recruit him to wherever they end up

TryToBeUnbias
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
If we sign miller is there gonna be a trade made very soon ?

EllisGW
so the lakers dont have a salary cap and else everyone does

LA_Showtime

:lol :oldlol: :D Gotta love Buss' mentality.

game3524
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
If we sign miller is there gonna be a trade made very soon ?

Maybe, they could try to move LO for a PG, I hope not though.

ashlar
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
so the lakers dont have a salary cap and else everyone does

buss isn't cheap like other owners

ZeN
07-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Jerry Buss is the man.. :oldlol:

TryToBeUnbias
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe, they could try to move LO for a PG, I hope not though.
yea id like to keep odom he's excellent insurance for when/if bynum goes down

samballs
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Laker's... they keep getting better and better.

ZeN
07-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Haha they probably want him to commit before Lebron or Wade can try to recruit him to wherever they end up

Its probably a combination of things. One is what you just mentioned and also maybe hey have other free agents they want to negotiate with, if he says no. Also, they may want to know if hes gonna join before they go forward with any trades they may have on the table. Or it could just be Buss trying to use his poker skills in the negotiations. :D

Captain Kirk
07-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I would be psyched if this goes down, I love watching Miller play.

chazzy
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I really hope we don't trade LO, if the rumors are true. He was playing through some nagging injuries during the playoffs, that's probably why his production was low.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I really hope we don't trade LO, if the rumors are true. He was playing through some nagging injuries during the playoffs, that's probably why his production was low.

Not to mention he's the heart and soul of the team.

1~Gibson~1
07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
they should be trying to fix their PG situation then work on the bench. nice addition though.

as a matter of fact, the Lakers couldnt have went wrong with targeting anything besides a backup PF because their entire bench is whack besides Lamar :lol

Hamburgers
07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Love what the Lakers are doing here. Basically saying if Miller needs more than a night to make a decision for that money and to play with Kobe and Phil Jackson on a championship team then he can gtfo.

nevetslc88
07-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Not to mention he's the heart and soul of the team.

No Derek Fisher is the Heart and Soul.

TryToBeUnbias
07-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Depends on how serious those injuries were maybe they know something we dont ? .. Im not interested in giving up LO either im just saying.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:46 PM
seems like Wizards are helping everybody....bulls/nets...maybe they can do a sign and trade for sasha/miller

that would be great....

ProfessorMurder
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Come on Mike, be a man and turn it down. Other good teams will offer that.

Clifton
He was playing through some nagging injuries during the playoffs, that's probably why his production was low.
I appreciate the rationalization, as I'd like to believe that too since I've always liked Odom a lot, but every NBA player older than 25 is playing through nagging injuries almost every game. Odom had low production in the playoffs because he doesn't outwill the defense, he takes whatever the defense gives him. Which in competitive rounds in the playoffs, is going to be very little, even though he's his team's 3rd/4th option, and often going against bench players.

I still would rather Odom not get traded though. I can't see them getting an equal value in exchange. For Artest either. The Triple Questionmark of Fisher/Farmar/that other guy who jumps very high whose name I can't even remember is plenty good enough with such an action-packed 2-5.

Fatal9
Outside shooting was the biggest flaw for the Lakers last year. This is a great signing, even if Miller is coming off the bench.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Lamar Odom for Mike Miller and a re-signed Randy Foye? I don't want Odom to leave, but it sounds realistic.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
it'd be good if they sign him, and resign fisher, and be lucky if javaris crit can develop into a good solid pg.

s/t kirk heinrich

Thom.Yorke
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I like it, realistically we need a shooter and a a point guard who can play defense/shoot and relieve fish thats it

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM
they should be trying to fix their PG situation then work on the bench. nice addition though.

as a matter of fact, the Lakers couldnt have went wrong with targeting anything besides a backup PF because their entire bench is whack besides Lamar :lol

lol...ya thats why they won back to back....

while ur Cavs my friend...had the best bench and still couldnt get pass their own conference....

Cavs Bench was busy Fcuking Kings Mom...haha

RazorBaLade
07-01-2010, 10:53 PM
So we're trading Odom? Finally

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Lamar Odom for Mike Miller and a re-signed Randy Foye? I don't want Odom to leave, but it sounds realistic.

they wont trade Odom....and fcuk no to Randy Foye....

chazzy
So we're trading Odom? Finally

Finally..? Who would you want to trade him for?

1~Gibson~1
eButtHurt
congrats to them :applause:

but it's not like i lied or something. besides Lamar, their bench sucks....u madd?? :confusedshrug:

GiveItToBurrito
07-01-2010, 10:55 PM

No. He's very unselfish, but he's not a great ball handler and he'd get torched on offense and defense by any real point guards. He's not quick enough to handle shooting guards, point guards destroy him. The Wiz tried it a few times last year and it was absolutely painful to watch.

Clifton
07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
fcuk no to Randy Foye....
It seems like Randy Foye might be just the ticket for the Lakers. Why not? Leaves you with a very balanced roster. Foye/Kobe/Artest/Pau/Bynum, Miller off the bench, you've still got Fisher.

I'm not sure how I feel about Odom and John Wall... isn't Odom the kind of guy they want to get away from in Washington? Isn't this why they're going after Hinrichs and J-Smooves? But remember what happened the last time a 6'4 guy who slashed like Jordan and handled the ball like Iverson got paired up with Odom on a team everyone thought had no chance? They made the second round that year and that guy became Dwyane Wade.

RazorBaLade
07-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Finally..? Who would you want to trade him for?

PG. Or get a good player using him and bynum like paul or bosh. I dunno, I'm okay with Bynum to be honest but I'm sick of Odom. Non stop charges, going hollywood, 3 good games in the playoffs, dude used to be one of the aggressors on our team now he's the guy you just hope doesn't cry on the bench before the game because basketball is really hard.

GiveItToBurrito
07-01-2010, 11:01 PM
It seems like Randy Foye might be just the ticket for the Lakers. Why not? Leaves you with a very balanced roster. Foye/Kobe/Artest/Pau/Bynum, Miller off the bench, you've still got Fisher.

I'm not sure how I feel about Odom and John Wall... isn't Odom the kind of guy they want to get away from in Washington? Isn't this why they're going after Hinrichs and J-Smooves? But remember what happened the last time a 6'4 guy who slashed like Jordan and handled the ball like Iverson got paired up with Odom on a team everyone thought had no chance? They made the second round that year and that guy became Dwyane Wade.

You could probably get Foye in a s/t for a first rounder, we don't have any use for him. Ditto for Odom, actually. Washington's got a good young player in Blatche starting, plus they traded for Yi and drafted two power forwards in the first round this year, so we need fewer power forwards, not more, especially not ones on long-term deals.

chazzy
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
PG. Or get a good player using him and bynum like paul or bosh. I dunno, I'm okay with Bynum to be honest but I'm sick of Odom. Non stop charges, going hollywood, 3 good games in the playoffs, dude used to be one of the aggressors on our team now he's the guy you just hope doesn't cry on the bench before the game because basketball is really hard.

He's inconsistent, but was playing hurt the 2nd half of the season. He played great in the playoffs last year. And besides, he's our only big off the bench, a matchup problem, and more importantly BYNUM insurance :lol If you trade him for a PG, we're left with 2 minimum big men off the bench.. one of the main reasons why the Lakers are so tough to beat is our interior length and rebounding. PG is a gap we need to fill, but not worth giving up Odom.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 11:08 PM
The lakers can just do sasha & a 2nd rounder for Miller....they helped bulls nets for nothing....

if not that..the lakers can just sign him....and then send sasha's expiring to Raps for J Jack....

once bosh leaves.....they migh want to start over all again

PowerGlove
07-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Why on earth would anyone sign before the rest of the stars do? Mike will probably sit on this for a while.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Let me clarify: I do not want the Lakers to trade Odom. Given the rumors, I figured there might be a trade brewing, and a Odom/Miller/Foye deal sounded reasonable.

Allstar24
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM
The glaring issue for the Lakers in the playoffs was their lack of shooters and weak bench, not the PG position. Mike Miller is a great shooter and will get tons of open looks playing with Kobe, Pau and Bynum...having him off the bench would be perfect.

ReturnofJPR
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Deng's contract is looking sooooo damn good right about now!

Lakers paying $60 million for Mike Miller. :roll:

That includes the tax.

SourGrapes
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Why on earth would anyone sign before the rest of the stars do? Mike will probably sit on this for a while.

probably not... see post #49

Jasper
07-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Kobe needs to man up and become Point SG :confusedshrug: :oldlol:

SourGrapes
07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Deng's contract is looking sooooo damn good right about now!

Lakers paying $60 million for Mike Miller. :roll:

That includes the tax.

mle right?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 11:25 PM
mle right?

that Stupid was adding the luxuary tax too....

The lakers need a sharp shooter & trust me his value is more to the lakers than deng's....ever will be

konex
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Besides the PG situation, Lakers biggest weakness the past few years has been too many one-dimensional players. Barnes is still a plus on the court if his shot is not falling. You cannot say the same for guys like Miller...or Fish..or Sasha...or Luke...or anyone else coming off that bench!

Mike Miller at those figures would be a disastrous move for this team...

VishaltotheG
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Lakers can have a beast starting lineup:

PG: Kobe
SG: Miller
SF: Artest
PF: Gasol
C: Bynum

PowerGlove
07-01-2010, 11:33 PM
probably not... see post #49
That is just cold.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Besides the PG situation, Lakers biggest weakness the past few years has been too many one-dimensional players. Barnes is still a plus on the court if his shot is not falling. You cannot say the same for guys like Miller...or Fish..or Sasha...or Luke...or anyone else coming off that bench!

you havent watch miller play...do u?

lol...fish earns every penny oh his contract...when he hits the Big shot in the playoffs.....werent u the one who created Sorry ases thread after game 3 in boston in the finals?

Luke is injured a lot..but he one dimensional player? lol....do u watch anybody other than kobe play on the lakers?

BlueandGold
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Lakers can have a beast starting lineup:

PG: Kobe
SG: Miller
SF: Artest
PF: Gasol
C: Bynum

rather have fisher

/kobe/artest/gasol/odom/bynum is better anyways.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 11:40 PM
rather have fisher

/kobe/artest/gasol/odom/bynum is better anyways.

u must be nuts?? who in there can hit a wide open shot?? lol Odom??? Artest???

konex
07-01-2010, 11:42 PM
you havent watch miller play...do u?

I've watched Mike Miller with the T-Wolves and Wiz. I hope you're not expecting the Orlando/Memphis Mike Miller...

KB24

Aside from being a sharp shooter, you know he's a great passer and rebounder too right?

Babalu
wow. imagine pau posting up dishing out to miller for the swoosh.

teams are going to be ****ed when they cant double kobe/pau inside with miller sniping 3's.

hope we dont lose odom though. Besides being ODUMB a lot of the times or not showing up and making tv shows and not having his head in the game anymore, he is long and can grab rebounds and backs up bynum for us. Don't want to lose him. He also helps keep ronron in check.

Kujo
07-01-2010, 11:44 PM
The only question about Mike Miller is his durability. He's been injury prone that last few years.

That being said, he'd be a solid addition. I don't want to see him on the Lakers, so I hope he rejects the offer. I think he could make a bit more money elsewhere, but he may want to play for the defending NBA champions.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Aside from being a sharp shooter, you know he's a great passer and rebounder too right?

he would see it...if he takes his head out of kobe's asse$

Babalu
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM
another thing also is that he has been on the lakers radar since 2008. In the pau gasol trade the lakers tried their damnest to put Odom for miller in the gasol trade. Memphis wouldnt give him up so we kept odom.

dude is smart and should figure out the triangle fast like gasol. To me he is a mini gasol that shoots the 3. He has good passing and rebound but knows how to facilitate.

BallPhunk
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM
He's exactly what they need. They thought they had the spot filled with "the Machine", but not so much...

Babalu
07-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I wonder if they get him if that means that kobe will be playing point most of the time. or we can have a murder lineup in

Fisher
Miller
Bryant
Odom
Gasol

damn would be nice O right there

Duranthebest
07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
What in the ****.. We need Miller.

Swaggin916
07-01-2010, 11:56 PM

but brings nothing but wide open 3's on O. Miller can put it on the floor on closeouts and make plays. He is a very solid player... he is that guy you really want on your team cus he passes when he's cut off and can rain 3's on your penetration.

amfirst
07-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Considering Kobe can defend PG better than anyone on the Lakers, he would be perfect at the 2 and put Kobe at the PG spot.

KObe
Miller
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Unstopable, we don't have to watch people try to play zone defense. WE can even do a zone breaker by going.

Fisher
Kobe
Miller
Odom
Gasol

Svendiggity
07-02-2010, 12:00 AM
so he has 3 hours to make a decision??

TryToBeUnbias
07-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Tick Tock

chazzy
07-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Tick Tock
:lol

w00terz
07-02-2010, 12:05 AM
If LA signs him I'm just going to stop watching basketball altogether.

Samvt
07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
If LA signs him I'm just going to stop watching basketball altogether.
don't worry bro they might get challenged by wade, bosh, lebron + 9 scrubs

w00terz
07-02-2010, 12:15 AM

Ugh. I don't even know what to say.

ashlar
07-02-2010, 12:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5347642

Conflicting reports. BSPN says no deal has been offered.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Jerry Buss is like Jigsaw from the movie series Saw lol....putting a time limit and pressure on his victim.

SourGrapes
07-02-2010, 12:19 AM

time to contract the league if this sh*t happens

hawkfan
07-02-2010, 12:34 AM
hawkfan said this was a good move for Miller and the Lakers.

Will definitely be a positive addition, and can add good value to a team looking to threepeat.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 12:43 AM
hawkfan said this was a good move for Miller and the Lakers.

Will definitely be a positive addition, and can add good value to a team looking to threepeat.

said? is he dead or something now?

Babalu
07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
too soon?

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8837/lakers2011.jpg

Quizno
07-02-2010, 01:25 AM
didn't kobe and miller workout together? i remember someone telling me this but i could be wrong. i think miller would be a great fit for the lakers.

I am that I am
07-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Um can't he just start at PG? As long as he has good enough handles to bring the ball up the court we'd be fine as long as we keep the triangle as our system of choice

bdreason
07-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Sounds fishy. If it's true, expect a following trade of some kind.

Pinkhearts
07-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Why I think this is a great signing and at a very reasonable price....if the Lakers can resolve their PG problems through other means.

Maybe the Bynum+Sasha for Bosh+Calderon is happening.
Maybe the Bynum+Sasha for Paul +Okafor is happening.
Maybe the Bynum+Artest for Lebron is happening.

If any of these happens then this signing will look extremely good.

Xander X
07-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Miller in Lakers I think They will play good. I not worry about that. Lakers can win with Miller.:rolleyes:

crisoner
07-02-2010, 02:09 AM
If he agrees..........................WOW!!!!

The best team just got even better.

Love it!!!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 02:16 AM
If he agrees..........................WOW!!!!

The best team just got even better.

Love it!!!

i dont know why he wont agree? maybe he wants more money?

instead of Ray Allen who is 35...Mike Miller is the right target for the lakers....

I heard S Blake wants more than MLE...so lakers going with Miller

crisoner
07-02-2010, 02:24 AM
i dont know why he wont agree? maybe he wants more money?

instead of Ray Allen who is 35...Mike Miller is the right target for the lakers....

I heard S Blake wants more than MLE...so lakers going with Miller

We do need a PG bad and Blake would be a great fit...but Miller off the bench. WOW. Speechless if we do get him. You know things gets funny when money is involved so you never know. Seems like a great fit for both though...he wants a ring we need a shooter. Boom!!!
Maybe the Lakers got something in the works for a decent PG who is willing to play for less?

Mr. Jabbar
07-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Phil has always prefered big guards anyway. He has only made the concession late in his Laker years, but previously he always wanted guards with height to help disrupt the other teams ability to pass.

no CP for phil

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 02:28 AM
We do need a PG bad and Blake would be a great fit...but Miller off the bench. WOW. Speechless if we do get him. You know things gets funny when money is involved so you never know. Seems like a great fit for both though...he wants a ring we need a shooter. Boom!!!
Maybe the Lakers got something in the works for a decent PG who is willing to play for less?

maybe...who knows....JJ will go as worst contract ever...people are throwing money like its $hit.......

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 02:32 AM
anybody remembers this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWPGEk4EM7s&feature=youtube_gdata

:roll: :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
07-02-2010, 02:35 AM
anybody remembers this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWPGEk4EM7s&feature=youtube_gdata

epic

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-02-2010, 02:42 AM
18 mins...

Hamburgers
07-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Yea i dont think its gonna happpen

ronnymac
07-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Perfect fit for the triangle offense. If he signs it'll be just unfair.

ashlar
07-02-2010, 03:16 AM
If he did agree to to the deal it would probably be announced some time tomorrow however I think this was a bogus rumor to begin with.

crisoner
07-02-2010, 03:16 AM
maybe...who knows....JJ will go as worst contract ever...people are throwing money like its $hit.......

Yup...this might mess everything up.

crisoner
07-02-2010, 03:17 AM
If he did agree to to the deal it would probably be announced some time tomorrow however I think this was a bogus rumor to begin with.

Bogus? It's true...we shall see tomorrow if he signed or not.

DaniloGallinari
07-02-2010, 03:19 AM

God, those Lakers announcers are horrible.

ashlar
07-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Fox sports deleted the little article that was written about this. BSPN has an article stating that they contacted miller but no deal was offered so I don't know how you can definitely say its true unless Miller or the Lakers came out and said it themselves.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Fox sports deleted the little article that was written about this. BSPN has an article stating that they contacted miller but no deal was offered so I don't know how you can definitely say its true unless Miller or the Lakers came out and said it themselves.

no team is going to say they contacted him...unless they sign that player....

Its not like u expected the lakers to come out 5 mins after midnight and say we have agreement with Mike Miller.....

for them its a normal thing....if he says yes....we will know it tomorrow morning and not like 1 AM in the morning....

you might for Lebron but not for a MLE player

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 03:25 AM

:lol :oldlol:

ashlar
07-02-2010, 03:27 AM
no team is going to say they contacted him...unless they sign that player....

Its not like u expected the lakers to come out 5 mins after midnight and say we have agreement with Mike Miller.....

for them its a normal thing....if he says yes....we will know it tomorrow morning and not like 1 AM in the morning....

you might for Lebron but not for a MLE player

I already stated in an earlier post that its not going to be announced tonight even if it was true and Miller did indeed accept the offer. The guy who originally posted it on twitter already screwed up once during the draft not to mention the original article that was written about this supposed offer was deleted from foxsports. Crisoner just blindly assumes that there was an offer when nothing except an article that was taken off their website a few hours after it was posted.

EllisGW
07-02-2010, 03:28 AM
:lol :oldlol:

the cavs and blazer announcers are worse than the lakers and i hate the lakers because half of their are on bandwagon

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2010, 03:32 AM
the cavs and blazer announcers are worse than the lakers and i hate the lakers because half of their are on bandwagon

those are worst....:cheers:

momo
07-02-2010, 03:39 AM

wut?

DwightHowardMVP
07-02-2010, 03:41 AM
First artest then Raja Bell and Now Mike Miller?

Lakers trying to sign all the players Kobe ever had a altercation with?

EllisGW
07-02-2010, 03:42 AM
wut?
fans on the bandwagon

LakersLaLaLand
07-02-2010, 03:58 AM

Golden State Warriors announcers are actually pretty good.

LakersLaLaLand
07-02-2010, 04:03 AM

Joel Meyers the main announcer is a dip$hit. He is famously known for being a cheapo. Last season he went to dinner with Petros, Money, Vic the Brick, Hartman and Stu Lance. Local radio guys and a couple laker employees last season. Joel sat at the table asked who was paying....realized it wasn't himself...then immediately summoned the waiter and ordered a bottle of wine...knowing he was handling the bill. What a douche. Didn't even ask anybody if they were up to have a bottle.

I hate watching Laker games with Joel Meyers. Hopefully they will fire him. The radio guy spiro didas is amazing. I love stu and Thompson but don't want either of them to lose a job.

Meyers can suck it.

Tito Beasley
07-02-2010, 04:11 AM

No. The PG doesn't even do anything in that offense.

It's either a dump in to Pau and then they move the ball around, or it's a Kobe iso.

Either way, all that's required from the PG is to dribble the ball over the half court line and immediately pass it to one of two players.

They can call up someone from the d-league and get the same results.

All Net
07-02-2010, 04:19 AM
A point guard isa clear need but Miller has played PG at times in his career and fact is you can't argue with his numbers. 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 50% from the field and 48% from three those are very impressive.

Can you imagine the open looks Miller will get with this group? :eek:

oh the horror
07-02-2010, 04:20 AM

It's either a dump in to Pau and then they move the ball around, or it's a Kobe iso.

Either way, all that's required from the PG is to dribble the ball over the half court line and immediately pass it to one of two players.

So how goes LA handle an opposing team's PG from dropping 30 on them?

Tito Beasley
07-02-2010, 04:28 AM

You don't think you can find an undrafted guy who can live up to derek fisher's standard of defense?

All Net
07-02-2010, 04:32 AM

Maybe in the regular season, in the playoffs no point guard dominated L.A. Even Rondo struggled compared to past series. PG is a need but a bench scorer who can shoot you could argue was a bigger need.

LakersLaLaLand
07-02-2010, 04:34 AM

Phil Jackson has never required or needed a traditional pg to play in his offense. Point guard specialized skills are neutralized by the triangle offense. Only once has a point guard in the triangle averaged more than 5 assists in a season.

Triangle requires GUARDS or FORWARDS, in the general sense, to shoot mid-to-long range jumpers and/or finish at the rack. Simple as that. Having a ball dominant pg is useless in the triangle. If you watched Game 7 Lamar Odom brought the ball up for the entire second half and set up the offense just fine.

Defensively the Lakers have historically been torched by guards because their perimeter defense is weak. Has been for 7 years. This will hopefully be the season it ends by bringing in a defensive perimeter specialist. My hope and dream is raja bell. He may be a sg...but he can ball hawk a point guard just fine.

Remember, POINT GUARDS ARE USELESS IN THE TRIANGLE OFFENSE. LOS ANGELES LAKERS DO NOT NEED A POINT GUARD. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE LAKERS MISSING A POINT GUARD. Lakers have won 5 championships with Derek Fisher playing the traditional 1 position.

Let the point guard issue go. Move onto guards who can shoot the long ball, finish at the rack and play some ball hawk defense. Then you will be one step closer to understanding the lakers front office targets and Phil Jackons offensive philosophy.

LakersLaLaLand
07-02-2010, 04:35 AM
You don't think you can find an undrafted guy who can live up to derek fisher's standard of defense?

With Mitch Kupchak at the helm. No. We haven't done it in 7 years.

Andrei89
07-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Still curious how the Lakers can sign anybody. With their 80 mil salaries

The Iron Fist
07-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Phil Jackson has never required or needed a traditional pg to play in his offense. Point guard specialized skills are neutralized by the triangle offense. Only once has a point guard in the triangle averaged more than 5 assists in a season.

Triangle requires GUARDS or FORWARDS, in the general sense, to shoot mid-to-long range jumpers and/or finish at the rack. Simple as that. Having a ball dominant pg is useless in the triangle. If you watched Game 7 Lamar Odom brought the ball up for the entire second half and set up the offense just fine.

Defensively the Lakers have historically been torched by guards because their perimeter defense is weak. Has been for 7 years. This will hopefully be the season it ends by bringing in a defensive perimeter specialist. My hope and dream is raja bell. He may be a sg...but he can ball hawk a point guard just fine.

Remember, POINT GUARDS ARE USELESS IN THE TRIANGLE OFFENSE. LOS ANGELES LAKERS DO NOT NEED A POINT GUARD. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE LAKERS MISSING A POINT GUARD. Lakers have won 5 championships with Derek Fisher playing the traditional 1 position.

Let the point guard issue go. Move onto guards who can shoot the long ball, finish at the rack and play some ball hawk defense. Then you will be one step closer to understanding the lakers front office targets and Phil Jackons offensive philosophy.

Dude, a few of us have been trying to tell these cats the same thing. They just don't get it.

Even when you show them this.

BJ Armstrong 3 time champion
Ron Harper 5 time champion
Derek Fisher 5 time champion

They just don't get it that a traditional pg is just as important to the triangle as Kwame Brown.

chazzy
07-02-2010, 05:12 AM

Mid Level Exception.. it's--- ehh just google it.

All Net
07-02-2010, 05:19 AM

You not been following the NBA that long?

Andrei89
07-02-2010, 05:20 AM
You not been following the NBA that long?

5 yearz

All Net
07-02-2010, 05:22 AM
5 yearz

Thought you would know teams who are over the cap get the MLE every year.

Hamburgers
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx272/hamburgerrrs/gif/206di.gif

flipogb
07-02-2010, 05:41 AM
omg, dude has 5000+ posts and he doesn't know about the MLE

Andrei89
07-02-2010, 05:42 AM
omg, dude has 5000+ posts and he doesn't know about the MLE

I know MIB, u know MIB?

32jazz
07-02-2010, 05:46 AM

The Lakers radio announcers Spero Dedes(play by play) & Mychal Thompson(color) are better in my opinion.

Connoisseur
07-02-2010, 05:56 AM
YES!

I want Mike Miller please.

trig
07-02-2010, 06:40 AM
maybe they'll give him the Ron Harper role and split time fish

mamba24
07-02-2010, 07:01 AM
The lakers are not going to spend that kind of money...especially if Sasha and walton are still on the payroll...if someone can take them off out hands they could invest their combined salary of 10 million on about 3-4 players.

Mike Miller, Fisher, Earl watson or Luke ridnour, and a big.

indiefan24
07-02-2010, 07:02 AM
I know MIB, u know MIB?

Men In Black?

G-Funk
07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Well Phil has coached against some of the best point guards(Stockton,Magic,Kidd,Payton,Rondo,Bibby,Park er,A.I,) and they all seem to have failed against Phil and his game plots.

Babalu
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Well Phil has coached against some of the best point guards(Stockton,Magic,Kidd,Payton,Rondo,Bibby,Park er,A.I,) and they all seem to have failed against Phil and his game plots.

I hope this deal went through. Miller said last season that he just wants to win now and its not about the money.

I personally dont know how anyone can turn down money from the lakers. 3 finals in a row, back to back champions, southern california, the fame you get for being a laker, one of the most storied franchises, the biggest market in the NBA with the most fans worldwide.

seems like a no brainer...

only bad thing i see is our tax is 9.75% which will kill off a lot of that dough compared to say miami with no state sales tax.

Babalu
07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
goodmanonfox

Source told FOXSports.com the Lakers have given Mike Miller until next Tuesday. Miller, per source, spoke with Kobe last night.

hmmm...

ZeN
07-02-2010, 11:54 AM
hmmm...

It seems like a reasonable and typical time allowance..

TryToBeUnbias
07-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I thought they'd extend his time limit.

BallsOut
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Good shooter but is Mike Miller just a better offensive version of Artest? How good is his foot speed? We need someone with footspeed against Lebron.

macpierce
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Good shooter but is Mike Miller just a better offensive version of Artest? How good is his foot speed? We need someone with footspeed against Lebron.
i dont think there is anyone in the league as fast as lebron lol, artest can match lebrons strength but not his speed, if you find someone that can match lebrons speed, then that person cant match his strength