PDA

View Full Version : LeBron eliminates the knicks

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

EDIT

Wojnarowski also includes claims that James was turned off by Donnie Walsh's need to use a wheelchair due to a neck ailment, and that James was similarly deflated by owner James Dolan's appearance.

There have been rumblings in recent days that those closest to James are concerned about him playing for the Knicks and what implications that might hold for the power balance around the superstar. There have been some indications that Maverick Carter, James' closest friend, is opposed to a move to the Knicks.

However, the status of Wojnarowski's anonymous sources is unclear since he only generically cites "sources" but does not indicate their position in relation to James, or their particular knowledge of James' reactions to the presentation from New York.

DwightHowardMVP
07-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Bron can't handle the Ny media anyways not mentally strong enough

oh the horror
07-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Lacking in prepardness and presentation huh? Yeah OKAY.

He wasnt interested in what NY was selling, and that was ABOUT the jist of it.

Big strike out for NY though. Huge strikeout.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Wojo has consistently written was have no chance. He consistenly adds a paragraph or two to other articles saying the Knicks suck. He has something against us. This is nothing new. It is not a bad sign, its no sign - he just doesn't like us.

Seriously, he has been writing like this for more than a year - look at his aritcles WWW IS SAYING BULLS! KNICKS NO CHANCE! KNICKS SUCK!

He wrote last week that the Knicks had no chance at any of the Top 10 FA's on the market. Tell me that's not silly.

OneMoreSucka
07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Lacking preparedness in something they've been focusing on for multiple years? Not buying it.

PistolPete
07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Wow what a garbage article. Full of holes....I mean c'mon "James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'"

His camp? Who interviewed his camp? Did LeBron give authorization for that to be released? Is that even what LeBron said?

And he has reservations about making more money in New York than in Cleveland? Uhh hello, the Knicks just pitched him a Billion dollar makeover plan.

rezznor
07-02-2010, 06:21 PM
when the knicks showed up in cleveland they arrived in a g4.

when the nets arrived they flew in on a g5. nets win :D

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Wojo has consistently written was have no chance. He consistenly adds a paragraph or two to other articles saying the Knicks suck. He has something against us. This is nothing new. It is not a bad sign, its no sign - he just doesn't like us.

Seriously, he has been writing like this for more than a year - look at his aritcles WWW IS SAYING BULLS! KNICKS NO CHANCE! KNICKS SUCK!

He wrote last week that the Knicks had no chance at any of the Top 10 FA's on the market. Tell me that's not silly.
You never know. Now that LeBron is out of the picture, Amare might pull out too?

when the knicks showed up in cleveland they arrived in a g4.

when the nets arrived they flew in on a g5. nets win :D
LeBron also had a 20 extra minutes with JayZ.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
You never know. Now that LeBron is out of the picture, Amare might pull out too?

Yes, because Wojo said so, with his kick ass track record for breaking stories and having inside sources. :cheers:

Net fans shouldn't get excited. It's like Game. Everyone says Game is a good rapper because they hated 50 Cent. So it was WOW THAT GAME IS MAD SKILLED, when we all knew that he sucked (just like 50).

People want the Knicks to fail, so they say NETS DID BETTER!! REALLY THEY DID!!! and at the end of the day when neither of us get Lebron, they can still claim the nets did better, meaningless as it will be.

BC Eagle
07-02-2010, 06:26 PM
If this is accurate, you gotta consider this to be a huge disappointment for Knick fans.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:26 PM

LeBron also had a 20 extra minutes with JayZ.

note: im not saying the nets might not have done better, im saying people are idiots if they believe Wojo has super secret sources in the Lebron camp, he writes for YAHOO. He has info others don't?

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes, because Wojo said so, with his kick ass track record for breaking stories and having inside sources. :cheers:

Net fans shouldn't get excited. It's like Game. Everyone says Game is a good rapper because they hated 50 Cent. So it was WOW THAT GAME IS MAD SKILLED, when we all knew that he sucked (just like 50).

People want the Knicks to fail, so they say NETS DID BETTER!! REALLY THEY DID!!! and at the end of the day when neither of us get Lebron, they can still claim the nets did better, meaningless as it will be.
I don't hate the knicks. Though, I am a nets fan. I am not saying the Nets are garunteed to get him.
IMO we just had more than the knicks had to offer. I don't mean money wise.

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2010, 06:28 PM
*not in before niko =(*

thejumpa
07-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Knicks were out of it from the get go. Like Bucher said, LeBron+Bosh/Amar'e....who else? Who are they going to sign? D'Antonio as coach? Come on, now. It's between Miami and Chicago.

wang4three
07-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Is that why they ran an extra hour? Cause they weren't prepared?

I don't like Wojo more than the next guy, but if true, damn.

Kingwillball
Knicks were out of it from the get go. Like Bucher said, LeBron+Bosh/Amar'e....who else? Who are they going to sign? D'Antonio as coach? Come on, now. It's between Miami and Chicago.

No its between Chi,Clev and NJ

Knicksfever2010
Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67762/20100702/report_knicks_virtually_eliminated_by_lebron/#ixzz0sZ9FNdYN

how come both bosh and wade were very impressed with the knicks, but lebron wasnt?

Since day 1 when walsh took over 2 1/2 years ago, lebron was the #1 focus, and now we're being accused of being unorganized? haha, this thread = fail, and - 1

Nets fan 93
Why Miami rather than the Nets?

wang4three

Wow dude, this is the best analogy you came up with? Come on now. Step your game up.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't hate the knicks. Though, I am a nets fan. I am not saying the Nets are garunteed to get him.
IMO we just had more than the knicks had to offer. I don't mean money wise.

and my point is not the Knicks did better, it's that telling me im supposed to believe the Knicks are eliminated because someone who makes a point of adding a paragraph at the end fo his articles bashing the Knicks with regularity tells me i should.

He has seriously been posting things on why the Knicks have no chance for like a year. he has expanded it the past two weeks to the knicks have no chance even for a JJ type. He's a hater.

:confusedshrug: If you want to argue which team did better, im all in. if you want to laugh cause the knicks are elimnated, i cant do that because Wojo said so. Wojo is an awful writer whose scoops come once other people (like Ford) find out info and he speculates on top of it with imaginary sources inside lebron's camp.

Skyscraper
07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
haha u all mad Knick fans. your team continues to suffer. go ahead and continue to convince (delude) yourself about the silver linings.

to add salt to the wound read the rest of the article:

James met with the organization on Friday and his inner-circle has described New York’s presentation as lacking preparedness and organization. James’ camp also found it to be redundant to much of the New Jersey Nets’ far sharper, edgier presentation on James’ earning power.

even if Lebron goes to the Bulls or stays in Cleveland, at least Lebron made it clear NETS > KNICKS

but that NYC is still awesome

plus

Sources say that James is dubious his mere presence on the Knicks will be worth that much more to him in endorsements. The appearance of Knicks GM Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair due to a neck problem and the frumpy, unimpressive Jim Dolan didn’t provide James with an image of vibrancy.

thejumpa
07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Why Miami rather than the Nets?

You got a point there. Miami(depends on Wade staying or not), Chi, and NJ. Can't count them out but they need another big and some more help. In Chi or Miami, you have a better core to start with.

I really really hope Cleveland is out of the race. I really don't want him to **** up and re-sign there.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow dude, this is the best analogy you came up with? Come on now. Step your game up.

:rant Don't pick on me, it's hot and i'm tired and we may be on the verge of the freaking bulls resurgence.:rant Plus my daughter is watching Perrir Curri. i cannot explain to you what that is like.

So yes, i made an analogy using Game and 50. And yet, it was STILL better written and more factual and anything Wojo writes...

Skyscraper
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
:rant Don't pick on me, it's hot and i'm tired and we may be on the verge of the freaking bulls resurgence.:rant Plus my daughter is watching Perrir Curri. i cannot explain to you what that is like.

So yes, i made an analogy using Game and 50. And yet, it was STILL better written and more factual and anything Wojo writes...

nice... just like the Knicks PPT presentation...

niko
07-02-2010, 06:36 PM
So Net fans are going to do the "WE WERE CLOSER" BS like the Cav fans did after they didn't get Amare? WE DIDNT BUT WE WERE CLOSE! WE WERE NOT WRONG! IT JUST DIDNT HAPPEN!!!

:violin: you don't get props for Wojo saying you were closer unless Lebron comes. Take your bows at that point.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:36 PM
nice... just like the Knicks PPT presentation...

TASER!

I had to, sorry...

wang4three
07-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Fair enough. After work I was trying to get on the sub and it was hot as balls in the subway. This is the one thing I hate about NYC summers, lack of air conditioning at stops. Had to sweat through my nice work clothes cause it was 15 minutes late.

alwaysunny
we still have one more borough

tpols

damn it man it's "The Game."

How old are you? This is like parents calling pokemon "pokeman" and "pokemen" back in the day.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Lebron gave them three hours. Neither team took it, both teams left early ,and there was no follow up.

NEITHER team did a good job clearly. Let's be honest. If the Net fans want to think they did a kick ass job, and that makes them happy when lebron doesn't come, so be it. :confusedshrug: I saw nothing good from either camp outside of WE DID GREAT!!! spin after the meeting.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:40 PM
and my point is not the Knicks did better, it's that telling me im supposed to believe the Knicks are eliminated because someone who makes a point of adding a paragraph at the end fo his articles bashing the Knicks with regularity tells me i should.

He has seriously been posting things on why the Knicks have no chance for like a year. he has expanded it the past two weeks to the knicks have no chance even for a JJ type. He's a hater.

:confusedshrug: If you want to argue which team did better, im all in. if you want to laugh cause the knicks are elimnated, i cant do that because Wojo said so. Wojo is an awful writer whose scoops come once other people (like Ford) find out info and he speculates on top of it with imaginary sources inside lebron's camp.
The Guy is right. You guys never have good draft picks. No one to call a franchise player. unless you believed Lee was one. he Knicks had too many bad contracts so it was hard to keep talent while removing all those salaries. The Nets had players paid a big amount but got something for them.
Kidd- Harris and Lee
Jefferson- Simmons and Yi(now Ross)
Carter- Cap space W/O giving away picks

The Nets have a great coaching staff now. Good ownership with Prok and JayZ. A nice YOUNG core.

You got a point there. Miami(depends on Wade staying or not), Chi, and NJ. Can't count them out but they need another big and some more help. In Chi or Miami, you have a better core to start with.

I really really hope Cleveland is out of the race. I really don't want him to **** up and re-sign there.
Me too. They always fall short. LeBron needs change.
The Nets have a way better core than Miami. Chi is neck and neck imo, maybe slightly better

alwaysunny
07-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Fair enough. After work I was trying to get on the sub and it was hot as balls in the subway. This is the one thing I hate about NYC summers, lack of air conditioning at stops. Had to sweat through my nice work clothes cause it was 15 minutes late.

weather's actually been pretty good the last couple days

OneMoreSucka
07-02-2010, 06:41 PM

How old are you? This is like parents calling pokemon "pokeman" and "pokemen" back in the day.
wut

niko

He's a sucky rapper. I'm not realy concerned about his title.

So its not Pokemen? What if you have more than one? Pokemons?

1~Gibson~1
lmao...niko's having fits left and right at ANYONE who dare says a word about the Knickerboppers right now :lol

whatever you do niko, leave the bullets on one side of the house and the gun on the other

Skyscraper
07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
lmao...niko's having fits left and right at ANYONE who dare says a word about the Knickerboppers right now :lol

whatever you do niko, leave the bullets on one side of the house and the gun on the other

we better keep quiet...

http://smallhaus.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/niko_bellic.jpg

thejumpa
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Forget rappers and cartoons. Let's stay on subject. The Knicks are doomed.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
The Guy is right. You guys never have good draft picks. No one to call a franchise player. unless you believed Lee was one. he Knicks had too many bad contracts so it was hard to keep talent while removing all those salaries. The Nets had players paid a big amount but got something for them.
Kidd- Harris and Lee
Jefferson- Simmons and Yi(now Ross)
Carter- Cap space W/O giving away picks

The Nets have a great coaching staff now. Good ownership with Prok and JayZ. A nice YOUNG core.

See. Factual things. WOjo wants to say the Knicks were completely unprepared Morons. Dolan, who runs a billion dollar company well, Walsh, who has been a great and respected GM and other things in the league for 30 years, they came in and acted like morons. That's not logical, sorry.

Blue&Orange
07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
at least Lebron made it clear NETS > KNICKS

I was going to ask if you were retarded or something, but then i realized it was a dumb question.

tpols
07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
He's a sucky rapper. I'm not realy concerned about his title.

I just remember in third grade or whatever parents never could say the right name. And the word 'pokemon' is like 'deer.' (one deer, two deer, etc.)

It's like my mom used to call my xbox a playstation for like 3 years...

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
See. Factual things. WOjo wants to say the Knicks were completely unprepared Morons. Dolan, who runs a billion dollar company well, Walsh, who has been a great and respected GM and other things in the league for 30 years, they came in and acted like morons. That's not logical, sorry.
Well, you're right I guess. At least they tried to do something unlike most teams.

wang4three

I don't watch Anime, but I am fluent in Japanese and in Japanese there's no plural words, instead you use counters to signify how many or an adjective like "several," "much," etc..

1~Gibson~1

what do you mean "extra" hour?? there is no time limit. no shot clock, no game clock, no overtime.

if team A only spends 40 minutes while team B spends 3 hours, then team A didnt use up as much time as possible

rezznor
Sources say that James is dubious his mere presence on the Knicks will be worth that much more to him in endorsements.

this is the most important quote in the thread

Skyscraper
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I was going to ask if you were retarded or something, but then i realized it was a dumb question.

haha mad

Skyscraper
what do you mean "extra" hour?? there is no time limit. no shot clock, no game clock, no overtime.

if team A only spends 40 minutes while team B spends 3 hours, then team A didnt use up as much time as possible

this isn't a school project...

in the business world, efficiency rules...

niko

:hammerhead: i'm really not angry, i have fun arguing these things. I seriously would buy any of you a beer if i saw you, especially the people who argue with me (except the Spurs fans who are unusually angry and scare me.

I just like factual things. Some of this speculation is unfair. Wojo is unfair. You can't convince me otherwise - he said the knicks had NO shot at any of the Top 10 FA's. His source? A LEAGUE PERSON.

wang4three

I thought there was a report about the Knicks' meeting running a little long. Or maybe that was in comparison to the Nets' meeting. I don't know.

niko
07-02-2010, 06:48 PM

yes people who do quick job interviews with us didn't use their time well. It's why i think the Knicks, Nets and everyone expcet Chicago and Cleveland are ****ed, we all had short time limits - too short (IMO) to convince Lebron of a life change.

BTW, how did your job thing go?

niko
07-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I thought there was a report about the Knicks' meeting running a little long. Or maybe that was in comparison to the Nets' meeting. I don't know.

Neither team used the alloted time.

PowerGlove
07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
:roll: :roll:

I told you this back in November. I also said that the nets had a better chance. Niko don't be so mad though, the knicks will get melo in '11.

Blue&Orange
07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
haha mad
:) well, you're under the impression Lebron James is a yahoo sports columnist. so it was fair game right there.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:50 PM

I told you this back in November. I also said that the nets had a better chance. Niko don't be so mad though, the knicks will get melo in '11.
Unless they trade Curry's contract for a decent player?

niko

People, we must unite against teh evil that is the Chicago Bulls. Let's not fight!

wang4three
this is the most important quote in the thread

I agree with you. I think a lot of us have been questioning that point recently and no one has an answer for it. I wonder how anyone, Knicks fans or management, can qualify "If you're on the Knicks you'll make a X million/billion dollars." What do they have access to that the Nets don't, being only 15 minutes away? Better TV contracts? What endorsement company would say "we'll endorse you for less than we'd would if this were the Knicks"? It just never made sense to me. No one can project anything definitive like that. It's just a statement that predicates on the assumption that being in the heart of NYC generates a lot of money. May make logical sense, but may not be quantifiable by any stretch...

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2010, 06:51 PM
:hammerhead: i'm really not angry, i have fun arguing these things. I seriously would buy any of you a beer if i saw you, especially the people who argue with me (except the Spurs fans who are unusually angry and scare me.

I just like factual things. Some of this speculation is unfair. Wojo is unfair. You can't convince me otherwise - he said the knicks had NO shot at any of the Top 10 FA's. His source? A LEAGUE PERSON. ...

this isn't a school project...

in the business world, efficiency rules...i see what you mean; you cant spend the whole day with the guy. but when you said "the meeting had an extra hour" you're making it seem as if there was a time limit..and there wasnt.

yea it was longer compared to the nets, but like i said there is no time limit so there is no "extra hour".

iDunk
07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I actually hate Lebron as a person and player, the only way I would like him is if he joins a team I enjoy such as the Nets or the Knicks. Now if he doesn't join either team for the craziest reason I will despise him, honestly.

Although the Knicks actually didn't lose this FA period in my eyes, considering they got Amare so far already. Hopefully they also sign Felton as an upgrade at PG. Wade says he is intrigued by NY so hopefully the Knicks aren't out of the Wade sweepstakes yet.

As for NJ, kudos to them for still being in the Lebron race. They were being compared to the Clippers in these sweepstakes. If they can net Lebron and Boozer/Lee I see them as serious contenders.

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
yes people who do quick job interviews with us didn't use their time well. It's why i think the Knicks, Nets and everyone expcet Chicago and Cleveland are ****ed, we all had short time limits - too short (IMO) to convince Lebron of a life change.

BTW, how did your job thing go?
they called back but i had already been offered a job so i rejected them...in a nice way though :lol

EarlTheGoat
07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
So all of this cap space shit and throwing 2 or 3 years to the garbage for this?

New York doesnt have to be very happy.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I actually hate Lebron as a person and player, the only way I would like him is if he joins a team I enjoy such as the Nets or the Knicks. Now if he doesn't join either team for the craziest reason I will despise him, honestly.

Although the Knicks actually didn't lose this FA period in my eyes, considering they got Amare so far already. Hopefully they also sign Felton as an upgrade at PG. Wade says he is intrigued by NY so hopefully the Knicks aren't out of the Wade sweepstakes yet.

As for NJ, kudos to them for still being in the Lebron race. They were being compared to the Clippers in these sweepstakes. If they can net Lebron and Boozer/Lee I see them as serious contenders.
I want Boozer!

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
So all of this cap space shit and throwing 2 or 3 years to the garbage for this?

New York doesnt have to be very happy.
maybe not the owners/gms and etc but if im a fan i'd be happy. there's a Al Jeff for David Lee S&T rumor, you've already got Amare in the bag, and you still have alot of cap left.

Court Vision
07-02-2010, 07:02 PM

Dolan is a moron...

oh the horror
07-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Why do people take these articles seriously? Arent we all smart enough at THIS point to KNOW that most of these so called sources, and statements are made prematurely and that they're all usually full of sh*t?

I dont believe anything at this point given the sheer AMOUNT of things like this coming out, UNTIL LEBRON HIMSELF SAYS HE ISNT INTERESTED.

End of story. What is it with you people? How many of these funky bunk articles do we need to see, before we open our eyes to the fact that these sources are usually bs?

FlawlessVictory
07-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Arent we all smart enough at THIS point to KNOW that most of these so called sources, and statements are made prematurely and that they're all usually full of sh*t?

The fact that people continue to start threads about these articles answers your question.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
The fact that people continue to start threads about these articles answers your question.
It's not like i went to a mysterious website and it was from an unkown writer.

oh the horror
07-02-2010, 07:09 PM
This entire off season with free agency is driving me insane. I just want it to be all over already and the pieces to be in place. :hammerhead:

FlawlessVictory
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM
It's not like i went to a mysterious website and it was from an unkown writer.

I honestly dont think there is a reputable website/writer out there. They all want to be first to break a story and will make up countless lies in the process.

Blue&Orange
07-02-2010, 07:13 PM
:rolleyes:

chazzy
07-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Speculation speculation.. sources.. according to this report.. twitter.. all this stuff is making my head hurt

wang4three
07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Anybody who's followed high school/college recruiting knows that nothing is final until someone signs on the dotted line. So these reports are just meant to amuse, discuss, and be played with.

niko
07-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Note: Jay Z, part of the nets contingent is Lebron's friend. Do you think there is a scenario, regardless of what happens where Lebron leaks out THE NETS PRESENTATION SUCKED? Do you think people in Lebron's camp under any scenario would ever say something bad about the nets?

wang4three
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Note: Jay Z, part of the nets contingent is Lebron's friend. Do you think there is a scenario, regardless of what happens where Lebron leaks out THE NETS PRESENTATION SUCKED? Do you think people in Lebron's camp under any scenario would ever say something bad about the nets?

What's there bad to say? We rock.

EarlTheGoat
07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
maybe not the owners/gms and etc but if im a fan i'd be happy. there's a Al Jeff for David Lee S&T rumor, you've already got Amare in the bag, and you still have alot of cap left.

If they dont get Wade or Lebron they are still a first round, second round exit at best, with Amare. Its still not worth all the talk/work of the previous years.

NY Comeback
07-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Speculation

And anyway, the reports been refuted.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
This.

PowerGlove
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM

So what? Isnt this why I and others said the Nets have an advantage? You need to read my posts more often. This is exactly why he was brought along to the presentation. He's lebron's friend, he knows more about him than all the other gm's/owner's ect. He would know how to cater to Lebron's wants.

niko
07-02-2010, 07:40 PM
IF FOR SOME REASON Lebron was not going to NJ (clearly he is) he would not announce it as it would make the nets look bad, and friends usually don't make friends look bad just to give yahoo news people stories...

jsut my take...

qrich
07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
LeBron to the Clippers!

wang4three
07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
IF FOR SOME REASON Lebron was not going to NJ (clearly he is) he would not announce it as it would make the nets look bad, and friends usually don't make friends look bad just to give yahoo news people stories...

jsut my take...

He's going to stay in Cleveland. That has been my stance pre-free agency, and it's still my stance. I'm just having fun with all of this. I follow college basketball recruiting and this stuff is the same thing, despite happening on a much larger stage. I'm just coasting, having fun with it right now. All these reports are nothing different to me, and as anyone whose followed college recruiting through the years, whether it be football or basketball, know that nothing is ever certain till someone signs on the dotted line. I know that oh so well ('07 with Eric Gordon).

Kujo
07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization

Knicks have been preparing for the Lebron James sweepstakes for 2 years, and they can't even get the presentation right? Wow. The Knicks franchise in a nutshell. :roll:

BallPhunk
07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
The crap that these players "teams" are putting out, and the way people eat it up is hilarious.

:hammerhead:

Is LBJ joining an accounting firm, or a basketball team? If the Knicks were the right fit talent wise, he'd join. If not, then no. Presentation would have nothing to do with it (unless what all his worst critics say about LeBron is true).

Kujo
07-02-2010, 07:55 PM
The crap that these players "teams" are putting out, and the way people eat it up is hilarious.

:hammerhead:

Is LBJ joining an accounting firm, or a basketball team? If the Knicks were the right fit talent wise, he'd join. If not, then no. Presentation would have nothing to do with it (unless what all his worst critics say about LeBron is true).

I totally agree with you, but it's still hilarious if the Knicks presentation was that bad. It could be total BS.

wang4three
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM

He's doing both. If you think this is purely about basketball, you'd be wrong.

JustinJDW
07-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Lacking preparedness in something they've been focusing on for multiple years? Not buying it.This.

I called bullshit the second I read that. The Knicks have been waiting and preparing for this shit for years now. If you don't want to go to New York Lebron, just say so, but don't say they didn't prepare or didn't want it. Thats bullshit.

You probably ain't gonna win more than one ring for the rest of your career Lebron no matter where you go, so please.

Yung D-Will
07-02-2010, 08:29 PM
SO how about you focus on Wade then?

Simple

Nets fan 93
07-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Looks like Niko was right.

Take a look at my edited 1st post.

niko
07-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Looks like Niko was right.

Take a look at my edited 1st post.

:cheers: i know im a knick fan so i am biased at times, but im telling you, wojo has been on a hater kick the last few weeks on the knicks. His articles are MAIN NEWS, SEGWAY, KNICK HATER PARAGRAPH. We kicked his puppy or something (and we aer sorry, as you should never kick puppies).

id feel better if the evil chicago bulls were not doing a powerplay as we speak.

DuMa
07-02-2010, 09:01 PM
bagelred, where are you now

niko
07-02-2010, 09:03 PM

he was bought off by prokorov, who is wooing knick fans with russian hotties and cheap booze. (i look forward to being bought off soon...i dont even need the booze...)

Rowe
07-02-2010, 09:17 PM
At first I was going to kill myself.

Then I realized we dont need this douche. It would be nice to have him but if he doesn't like what we are offering, then what does he want us to do?

Does he want his statue in front of MSG right in front of the steps near the hot nuts guy?

bagelred
07-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Actually, I just got here. :lol

I mean, who knows. Honestly, James has had 2 years to prepare and think about where he wants to go. I don't believe these presentations are that important. I believe he knows already what he is going to do, or at least has a strong idea. He's just sort of going thru the process. I mean, honestly, if he really wanted to go to the Knicks, Donnie Walsh being in a wheelchair changed his mind? Let's get real.........

It seems very unusual that Walsh and Co. would not be prepared for this meeting. That sounds made up. What IS true, or at least makes sense, is that Lebron's inner circle is very frightened of New York. In their minds, it means a loss of control and then they'd be swimming with "the big boys" so to speak. So I do believe James people are pushing him away. They aren't professional agents, managers, etc. They are just his friends. Much easier to keep control in Cleveland or Miami....even Chicago.

But, we'll see. If Lebron's not up for the challenge, then he'll choose somewhere else.

If the Amare rumors are true, he's going to choose Deng or Lopez over Amare, so to speak? :confusedshrug:

heyhey
07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
What IS true, or at least makes sense, is that Lebron's inner circle is very frightened of New York. In their minds, it means a loss of control and then they'd be swimming with "the big boys" so to speak. So I do believe James people are pushing him away. They aren't professional agents, managers, etc. They are just his friends. Much easier to keep control in Cleveland or Miami....even Chicago:

This is a good point. Loyalty is something that Lebron has in abundance, loyalty to his town, his friends, to his teamates. But as Kevin Garnett later found sometime doing what's best for yourself is more important.

Having these "entourages" do not help players at all. Most of those guys are only there for the money. Where's Antonie Walkers' entourage now? Lebron needs to listen to real professionals not Lil romeo from Akron, Ohio.

Knicks101
07-03-2010, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE]The Knicks have not been told that they are out of the LeBron James sweepstakes but they are hearing negative reviews of the presentation they made to James on Thursday.

There are those inside the New York front office who believe the Nets had a hand in the Yahoo! Sports report which said the Knicks were nearly out of the running to sign James.

"Some in the organization feel the Nets are behind the report," Marc Berman of the New York Post wrote. "In fact, there are sources who said the Nets may be paranoid that their global pitch did not go as well as they think it did."

Donnie Walsh has not heard that New York has lost out on James and the team president appears to be annoyed at the speculation.

"We think everything is in play," one Knicks' source told Berman.

However, Frank Isola of the New York Daily News quotes a team source as describing the Knicks' chances of landing James as "doubtful, very doubtful."

What has received the most attention is the Knicks' presentation about James' greater chances of becoming a billionaire as a Knick. But a team source told Berman that Mike D'Antoni and James talked a great deal about basketball philosophy and James frequently laughed while watching video testimonials of celebrities and fans of the Knicks.

"I feel good about the meetings. We

Glide2keva
07-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Until we hear from all the free agents, no one is out of the running.

Glide2keva
07-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Obviosly, bagelred has never been to chicago, if he think NY is the place where the big boys play.

****ing new yorkers, center of the world attitude.

niko
07-03-2010, 09:29 AM
:no:
Obviosly, bagelred has never been to chicago, if he think NY is the place where the big boys play.

What exactly does Chicago do bigger and better? Drafting Jordan? We have more business, more money, at BEST you can say you are a push in nicer places to live (at best). Food? What exactly?

I can even understand pepole in suburbs saying their way of live is better than NYC, but CHicago is a city, you have teh same problems, you are just smaller.

Skyscraper
07-03-2010, 09:35 AM

because people from all over the world are represented here, and fairly equally.

Chicago is just a tenement slum, with crime abound, and the typical 1950s Eisenhower family units in the suburbs. Hardly very exciting.

SCREWstonRockets
07-03-2010, 10:18 AM
At least you guys get Amare. He's not Lebron but that is better than striking out.

PistolPete
07-03-2010, 10:58 AM

And what attitude are you displaying here?

bada bing
07-03-2010, 11:04 AM
this is the worst rumor i have heard yet about these free agent signings. This reporter is a fcking disgrace and should lose all credibility if he ever had any. Saying crap like this, which makes absolutely no sense is an insult by him towards the profession he practices and people that read his writings.

saying lebron took out hte knicks bcs he wasn't happy with the presentation? not happy with sloppiness? that is utter disgraceful to everyone involved and these players should really stop talking to this reporter. This is the one time that i hope Lebron comes out and corrects these reports.

i hate NY and everything about it....its not my city and i hate sports teams from that city...i hope no star ever signs with a team from NY but still this rumor is an utter disgrace to everyone.

bagelred
07-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Firstly, I have been to Chicago. Once.

Secondly, I never disparaged Chicago. All I said was that Lebron's inner circle will feel more sense of control as the market gets smaller. You don't think that's true?

The whole idea of coming to New York, I think, is a little overwhelming for Lebron's entourage. That's the point I was making.

Sounds like YOU are the one with some sort of inferiority complex.

jbot
07-03-2010, 12:47 PM
he was turned off my Walsh using a wheelchair for a neck injury?:oldlol: who would even give a shit about that?

"you know, the money is there in NY but i just can't get over that guy in the wheelchair for just having a bad neck? that just disturbs me too much to play there."

gts
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
why would anyone from lebrons camp openly say new york is out of the running? all that does is take away a little of his bargaining power... the more teams he can play against each other the better off he is.. that rumor makes zero sense...

and to glider, new york is home of the big boys, chicago is a nice city, i actually like it better than new york myself but new york is home of the bigboys and i'm not talking burgers

Dbrog
07-03-2010, 01:55 PM
No because Donnie Walsh is in a wheelchair? Now that's ****ed up :lol

Nets fan 93
07-03-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/amar_king_bait_likely_bound_X0zA9ClJ4YI1CYpgrt0CEL

:lol
[QUOTE]LeBron James will have his final meetings with suitors Saturday when the hometown Cavaliers and the Bulls lay out their presentations. Meanwhile, back in New Jersey, the Nets remain confident they have done all they can and say they're in it to win it. This isn't about settling for scraps.

"We're trying to get the top guys," Thorn said. "That was our plan and that's what we're trying to do. Until we're told otherwise, that we're not in the running or don't have a chance, that's who we're after."

If that sounds very un-Net-like, you're right. There is a new swagger, reflecting the mindset of the guy at the top of corporate pyramid. Ask Avery Johnson. "We

bagelred
07-03-2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/

If they get Lebron, I can certaintly see them going from 12 to 25 wins. That's double the amount of wins.

No joke.

Nets fan 93
07-03-2010, 02:08 PM
If they get Lebron, I can certaintly see them going from 12 to 25 wins. That's double the amount of wins.

No joke.
Yeah with an allstar calliber center. A nice PG. Favors, Williams, lee, D.James, Ross.

Get real. The Nets sign some shooters. trade hump get another max.

50-60

knickballer
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah with an allstar calliber center. A nice PG. Favors, Williams, lee, D.James, Ross.

Get real. The Nets sign some shooters. trade hump get another max.

50-60

He's joking.. Although that roster doesn't really have any 3 point shooters and Harris won't fit well with Lebron as LBJ needs a off the ball PG who can shoot and play D(sorta like Mo Williams) Although Lopez and Favors would be a good front court

The nets aren't getting Lebron though.. It's either Cleveland or New York and he'll probably resign with the Cavs.

Nets fan 93
07-03-2010, 03:03 PM
He's joking.. Although that roster doesn't really have any 3 point shooters and Harris won't fit well with Lebron as LBJ needs a off the ball PG who can shoot and play D(sorta like Mo Williams) Although Lopez and Favors would be a good front court

The nets aren't getting Lebron though.. It's either Cleveland or New York and he'll probably resign with the Cavs.
Well... he would have the same problem in Chicago so i'm not worried about that changing his mind. there are a lot of shooter in the FA pool anyways. Dooling, fisher, house, robinson, miller.

adamcz
07-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't understand why the Knicks would have been considered in the first place. Lebron already has the most endorsements in the nba and NY has no talent on their roster. I wouldn't have even invited them.

OneMoreSucka
07-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Knicks hopeful to have verbal agreements from Miller and Amare in the next few days.

http://knickstweets.net/rumors/knicks-turn-attention-to-mike-miller/

u mad? yea u mad

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Knicks hopeful to have verbal agreements from Miller and Amare in the next few days.

http://knickstweets.net/rumors/knicks-turn-attention-to-mike-miller/

u mad? yea u mad

lol, knicks fans settling for less. take em, we dont care :applause:

ManuGinobili
07-03-2010, 04:35 PM
dont worry knick fans...manu hasnt eliminated the knicks............................................ . yet

vert48
07-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry, but the idea that ANY of his friends are saying anything other than "Sounds Great! I am happy and will support you any way I can", is unreal. If I were James, I would cut their leeching a$$'s off if they said anything else.

bagelred
07-03-2010, 04:46 PM
There's no way the Knicks can sign James, Amare, and Miller.....so, is this bad news?

OneMoreSucka
07-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Amare officially in NY today, going to a broadway show tonight. You coming with me to stalk him, bagel?

tpols
07-03-2010, 05:02 PM
This is funny... the knicks even with amare are still a terrible team with no point guard, no center, and no defense... if lebron was foolish enough to sign with the knicks I can GUARANTEE 0 championships for him over the next 4-5 years...

bagelred
07-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Amare officially in NY today, going to a broadway show tonight. You coming with me to stalk him, bagel?

Ssssssshhhhhhhh.........sitting outside Amare's hotel room........post quieter, ok?

Bano114
07-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Ssssssshhhhhhhh.........sitting outside Amare's hotel room........post quieter, ok?

Ohh....so you were that 'ghost' Jeffries and Curry were scared about?

ginobli2311
07-03-2010, 05:20 PM
This is funny... the knicks even with amare are still a terrible team with no point guard, no center, and no defense... if lebron was foolish enough to sign with the knicks I can GUARANTEE 0 championships for him over the next 4-5 years...

speaks the truth. knicks need joe johnson and amare and wade/lebron to have title chances over the next 5 years. just don't see that happening.

ganja0710
07-03-2010, 05:29 PM
This niko kid is just pure entertainment, crying about the credibility of the source. :oldlol: Relax, either way, LeBron's not heading to the Knicks. Ever.

niko
07-03-2010, 05:31 PM
This niko kid is just pure entertainment, crying about the credibility of the source. :oldlol: Relax, either way, LeBron's not heading to the Knicks. Ever.
i'm not a kid, and i guess for you everything you read on the net is 100% true, right? Don't forget your helmet when you go out, ok?

ganja0710
07-03-2010, 05:38 PM
i'm not a kid, and i guess for you everything you read on the net is 100% true, right? Don't forget your helmet when you go out, ok?
It's better to believe this particular source than listen to you assume and whine that this source isn't legit. Like you'd actually know. Cause of course, you're always correct, right? :confusedshrug:

You aren't a kid? Eh, well I'm not totally convinced just yet :oldlol:

niko
07-03-2010, 05:42 PM
It's better to believe this particular source than listen to you assume and whine that this source isn't legit. Like you'd actually know. Cause of course, you're always correct, right? :confusedshrug:

You aren't a kid? Eh, well I'm not totally convinced just yet :oldlol:

yes, im always correct.

ganja0710
07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
yes, im always correct.
O RLY?

Tito Beasley
07-03-2010, 06:10 PM

No it's not. There is zero percent chance he goes to Miami. That is period.

ganja0710
07-03-2010, 06:12 PM
No it's not. There is zero percent chance he goes to Miami. That is period.
More realistic chance of him going there than your Clippers :oldlol:

SinJackal
07-03-2010, 08:04 PM
There's nearly no chance LBJ goes to either the Clippers or the Heat. Of the 4 teams left, the Knicks are probably the least likely since they would have the worst team of the group, worst management, a "defense-less" coach, and a LONG history of being a failure of a franchise. They haven't had a winning record since 2001.

The Knicks too heavily relied upon star power and the illusion that he would get more endorsements in NY than anywhere else. fact is, LBJ is going to get endorsements anywhere. And cough, the Nets are moving their team to NY anyway. . .and have better management, a far better coach, and a better team.

The Bulls are even better off than the Nets by far. . .and of course there's always the chance LBJ buckles and stays in Cleveland, playing russian roulette with his legacy with 5 bullets in the gun.

Knicks: 5% chance LBJ goes there. If he does, it's because he sells out and goes because of being enamoured with Jay Z. I'd lose all respect for LBJ if he goes to the Knicks.

bagelred
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Knicks: 5% chance LBJ goes there. If he does, it's because he sells out and goes because of being enamoured with Jay Z. I'd lose all respect for LBJ if he goes to the Knicks.

Clearing throat.......u mad?

SinJackal
07-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Clearing throat.......u mad?

You're right, 5% is pretty high.

The Knicks simply have nothing to offer besides star power, and the supposed "glory" of winning in New York. Of course, anybody who has seen a New York based team win a championship (Yankees), knows how NY fans react to their teams. There's a huge uproar if they don't win, yelling for everyone to be fired. . .and there's a collective yawn when they do win. They expect a championship. . .it's nothing special when they win, due to being spoiled by the Yankees.

So yeah. . .since the Knicks have technically the 2nd worst team of all available possibilities for LeBron (2nd to Miami for worst), it would be sheer lunacy if LeBron claim he went there to "win". He would only have gone for the illusion of more money (falsified numbers), and the whole crap about all those stars wanting him to go, and the fake glamour of the living trash can that is NYC. have any of you ever been there? It's like a big garbage can.

Like I said, he'd sooner go to the Nets because of Jay Z. . .and the fact that they're going to NY anyway. . . + same money grab potential, + better talent.

Sarcastic
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM

The Knicks simply have nothing to offer besides star power, and the supposed "glory" of winning in New York. Of course, anybody who has seen a New York based team win a championship (Yankees), knows how NY fans react to their teams. There's a huge uproar if they don't win, yelling for everyone to be fired. . .and there's a collective yawn when they do win. They expect a championship. . .it's nothing special when they win, due to being spoiled by the Yankees.

So yeah. . .since the Knicks have technically the 2nd worst team of all available possibilities for LeBron (2nd to Miami for worst), it would be sheer lunacy if LeBron claim he went there to "win". He would only have gone for the illusion of more money (falsified numbers), and the whole crap about all those stars wanting him to go, and the fake glamour of the living trash can that is NYC. have any of you ever been there? It's like a big garbage can.

Like I said, he'd sooner go to the Nets because of Jay Z. . .and the fact that they're going to NY anyway. . . + same money grab potential, + better talent.

Don't talk about how NY reacts to its teams if you don't know.

OneMoreSucka
07-03-2010, 08:33 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/21onexz.gif

niko
07-03-2010, 08:33 PM

:D i may be biased, and i may rep my team, but i never ever post 200 words of total bullshit on topics i dont know about.

have any of you ever been to NY? yes i have. 37 years. ive also spent a lot of time in Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, Houston and about 20 other cities in the US. What do you want to discuss?

NYC is like a big garbage can in what way?

Knicks101
07-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Why you guys bother responding to something that is so completely untrue and stupid confuses me.

alanLA92
07-03-2010, 08:44 PM
The knicks didnt really had a chance they are in a rebuilding mode right now the bulls are Lebron's best chance to win a title as well as Miami. The Nets have a better roster than NY but James wont go there either

Sarcastic
07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
The knicks didnt really had a chance they are in a rebuilding mode right now the bulls are Lebron's best chance to win a title as well as Miami. The Nets have a better roster than NY but James wont go there either

Knicks weren't in rebuilding mode. They were in dumping-salary-to-make-space-for-James mode.

bagelred
07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
As far as the Nets, is everyone simply ignoring the fact that the Nets, with this amazing young talent, produced the absolute worst record in the NBA last year? THE WORST. They were almost THE WORST TEAM IN HISTORY!!!!

Lopez/Harris/Lee produced the worst record in the NBA, yet they are, of course, the building blocks to a perennial champion.

I'd hate to see what would have happened last year if Nets had poor young talent. Zero wins? :confusedshrug:

My god, if the Cavs lost Lebron, you think they'd have 12 wins? Even the Knicks "bad young talent" scratched out 29 wins.

Knicks101
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
As far as the Nets, is everyone simply ignoring the fact that the Nets, with this amazing young talent, produced the absolute worst record in the NBA last year? THE WORST. They were almost THE WORST TEAM IN HISTORY!!!!

Lopez/Harris/Lee produced the worst record in the NBA, yet they are, of course, the building blocks to a perennial champion.

I'd hate to see what would have happened last year if Nets had poor young talent. Zero wins? :confusedshrug:

My god, if the Cavs lost Lebron, you think they'd have 12 wins? Even the Knicks "bad young talent" scratched out 29 wins.

This does not matter when you have famous rapper, Russian billionaire and squeaky voice coach. You must know these thing.

DStebb716
07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
We're STILL talking about this joke of a reporter?

ShaqAttack3234
07-03-2010, 09:01 PM
If the Knicks finish the deal with Amare, they'll be arguably the best situation for Lebron. A proven 23-25 ppg, 9 rpg big man in his prime plus some cap space next season and there are rumors of Tony Parker coming to New York.

brooks_thompson
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
If the Knicks finish the deal with Amare, they'll be arguably the best situation for Lebron. A proven 23-25 ppg, 9 rpg big man in his prime plus some cap space next season and there are rumors of Tony Parker coming to New York.

tony parker's not going to new york unless you re-route amare stoudemire to the spurs. deal with it

bagelred
07-03-2010, 09:04 PM
This does not matter when you have famous rapper, Russian billionaire and squeaky voice coach.

I smell SITCOM. :rockon:

Knicks101
07-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I smell SITCOM. :rockon:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z44/c15k0/flavaflav-1.jpg
http://davedubrow.com/.a/6a00e5502775dc88340120a5c1c5b9970c-800wi
http://www.drenobor.com/celebrities/thumbs/chris.tucker.001.jpg

Ratings.

bagelred
07-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Ratings.

Knicks101
07-03-2010, 09:24 PM

You can't even pretend that you wouldn't watch that show. You know you would!

niko
07-03-2010, 09:38 PM
tony parker's not going to new york unless you re-route amare stoudemire to the spurs. deal with it

Spurs would trade Parker. They wouldn't give him away but they are going to look to move him. DO you think he's going to be there 10 million a year backup?

jbot
07-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Spurs would trade Parker. They wouldn't give him away but they are going to look to move him. DO you think he's going to be there 10 million a year backup?
wish the Pacers could get him for Troy Murphy.:ohwell:

zORi
07-03-2010, 09:42 PM

That's true.

Where did all of this Knicks-hate come from?

niko
07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
That's true.

Where did all of this Knicks-hate come from?

He actually hates the Pacers too i think. There are a few teams. Probably less than kindly knocked down a rumor at some point. Pre to Walsh getting here, the knicks front office dealt with reports in a pretty rude and stupid fashion. it's one of the main reasons there are so much negative reporting on the Knciks.

Sarcastic
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM

If the Knicks get Parker, they are not re-routing Stoudemire. I don't know where you heard that.

bagelred
07-03-2010, 10:18 PM
You can't even pretend that you wouldn't watch that show. You know you would!

Watch it? I wanna be IN it.

Knicks101
07-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Watch it? I wanna be IN it.

We are looking for a young Jewish intern character. You interested?

bagelred
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
We are looking for a young Jewish intern character. You interested?

Let's crunch the numbers