PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire agrees to deal with Knicks

Pages : [1] 2

niko
07-04-2010, 05:58 PM
VIA TWITTER

FisolaNYDN According to Knicks official, MSG prez Scott O'Neil and Glen Grunwald, VP of basketball ops, were sent to Ohio after Amar'e agreed to deal

1 down, 1 to go?

jbryan1984
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
idk, if LBJ could not get it done with the team he had this past year, why would he get it done with amar'e and scrubs?

Bano114
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
idk, if LBJ could not get it done with the team he had this past year, why would he get it done with amar'e and scrubs?

Eddy Curry a scrub? Im sorry sir, it is unfair to call somebody a scrub when they dont even play.

:oldlol: :cheers:

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 06:52 PM

Who says the rest of the team would be scrubs? Gallinari is solid and when you have a great duo and arguably the best player in the game, much less in a big market like NY, role players tend to follow. Not to mention that they'll have more cap space next season with Eddy Curry's contract coming off the books.

Mr Clutch Melo
07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
lol @ Twitter as a source:roll: :roll:

ReturnofJPR
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
He's perfect for the Knicks, no defense and injury concerns. So give another big a huge contract like ya'll did with Eddy Curry.

Until it is on ESPN or Yahoo! I can not take it that seriously.

spree43
07-04-2010, 06:58 PM
You know D'antoni would play something along the lines of House, Lebron, Galinari, Chandler, Amare with no positions and everyone would just be playing ball.

Lebron would run the pick n roll all day with Amare and be the only rebounder on the team. I'd guess 30-10-10 might be a possibility

Bano114
He's perfect for the Knicks, no defense and injury concerns. So give another big a huge contract like ya'll did with Eddy Curry.

Ok. I understand that. It's not like he already started recruiting players to play with him in New York, have breakfest with the head coach to go over there relationship, and attend a broadway show in a Yankee game. If he was doing anything like that though there could be an argument...

niko

Frank Isola is the source, just via Twitter. As opposed to a link on the net. Get it?

dbugz
07-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Amare + Bron > The softy + Bron

NY or Stay in Cleveland Bron :cheers:

GOBB
07-04-2010, 07:05 PM

There are credible sources who use twitter. You can be fooled by using twitter as a source just like you can be posting an article that cites a "blog rumor" as some legit source. And that has happened in the past before. A rumor online in some sportsblog grew legs and people passed it around.

There is nothing wrong with using twitter as source IF the source being used is credible. I use Adam Schefter twitter. Much of what he says is what you listen to on sportscenter/espn only you get it first instead of waiting for sportscenter. His twitter postings have been used as a source.

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Injury concerns? His only real injury concern is his eye because we've seen nothing to suggest that he didn't recover fully from the microfracture surgery. The difference between Stat and Curry is that Stat won't be getting signed based on potential, he doesn't have conditioning problems, he's a proven playoff performers and he's played for winning teams plus he's not only a superior offensive player to Curry, but believe it or not, a much better shot blocker and rebounder as well.

ReturnofJPR
07-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Injury concerns? His only real injury concern is his eye because we've seen nothing to suggest that he didn't recover fully from the microfracture surgery. The difference between Stat and Curry is that Stat won't be getting signed based on potential, he doesn't have conditioning problems, he's a proven playoff performers and he's played for winning teams plus he's not only a superior offensive player to Curry, but believe it or not, a much better shot blocker and rebounder as well.

He's had 3 knee surgeries, has a massive ego, he has an attitude problem, and does not play defense. None of those are really a concern except for his bad knees and inability to play D.

The Knicks can't win anything until they play Defense. Too bad, their coach doesn't care about that so it looks like New York will never win anything.

Carbine
07-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Amare is a great power forward if he has a legit center to protect him. Tyson Chandler would be a great center for that team....

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
He's had 3 knee surgeries, has a massive ego, he has an attitude problem, and does not play defense. None of those are really a concern except for his bad knees and inability to play D.

The Knicks can't win anything until they play Defense. Too bad, their coach doesn't care about that so it looks like New York will never win anything.

His knee hasn't been a problem since 2006, the only season he's missed significant time since then was 2009 when he had the eye injury.

tpols
07-04-2010, 07:11 PM
lol you do realize if lebron went to the knicks he would be the team's best rebounder right?

ReturnofJPR
07-04-2010, 07:11 PM
His knee hasn't been a problem since 2006, the only season he's missed significant time since then was 2009 when he had the eye injury.

I appreciate the information but it's just a matter of time until he needs another knee surgery. The latest operation can't last forever given his track record and unusually high number of surgeries.

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 07:13 PM
lol you do realize if lebron went to the knicks he would be the team's best rebounder right?

How the hell do you figure that? Amare isn't that bad of a rebounder. He's consistently been in the 9-10 rpg range almost every season and had playoff runs with 10-12 per game

tpols
07-04-2010, 07:19 PM
How the hell do you figure that? Amare isn't that bad of a rebounder. He's consistently been in the 9-10 rpg range almost every season and had playoff runs with 10-12 per game
Dude amare averaged 10 a game on a team where he literally had no one to share boards with. How can you not admit he's a lazy rebounder/defender.

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Though I would've prefered Bosh for his versatile skillset, I am still very happy with Amare.
I agree with ShaqAttack on the whole injury aspect. Where exactly are you getting the assumptions that Amare is destined for another knee injury. He's been fully healthy apart from the eye injury which was more of a freak injury than anything and not an indiction of him being injury-prone.

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Dude amare averaged 10 a game on a team where he literally had no one to share boards with. How can you not admit he's a lazy rebounder/defender.

Nobody to share boards with? Shawn Marion? Marion averaged 10.7 boards per game in his second season(2001) and then 9.9 in 2002 before Amare was even drafted, then he proceeded to consistently averaged in the 9-12 range until he was traded from Phoenix and averaged 11+ in the second half of the '08 season after the trade to Miami as well as about 8-9 per game with Toronto and Miami in 2009.

Hell, Shaq averaged nearly 11 boards per game in the second half of the 2008 season when he was acquired from Phoenix and that didn't stop Amare from getting his usual 9 rpg.

OneMoreSucka
07-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I appreciate the information but it's just a matter of time until he needs another knee surgery. The latest operation can't last forever given his track record and unusually high number of surgeries.
Kenyon Martin had microfracture surgery on both knees and had more bounce in his step than he's had since his NJ days

tpols
07-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Nobody to share boards with? Shawn Marion? Marion averaged 10.7 boards per game in his second season(2001) and then 9.9 in 2002 before Amare was even drafted, then he proceeded to consistently averaged in the 9-12 range until he was traded from Phoenix and averaged 11+ in the second half of the '08 season after the trade to Miami as well as about 8-9 per game with Toronto and Miami in 2009.

Hell, Shaq averaged nearly 11 boards per game in the second half of the 2008 season when he was acquired from Phoenix and that didn't stop Amare from getting his usual 9 rpg.
lol that's my point bro... he got outrebounded by marion, the team's small forward. What makes you think a prime lebron couldn't do the same?

ginobli2311
07-04-2010, 07:33 PM

amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player.

you aren't winning anything if amare is your post presence or defensive presence. now....if you had lebron / amare / haywood and some defensive minded shooters you would have a legit title contender.

but amare needs a big to board and protect the rim behind him. because he doesn't do that stuff and that stuff is necessary to win.

wang4three
07-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I love Amare, good signing by the Knicks. Will look forward to watching him play at the Garen.

TrueDiesel3
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I think he has the capability of playing defense when he wants to, but I agree with you that both his defense and rebounding is definitely lazy most of the time, especially his rebounding. It seems like even when Amare was trying his best to rebound, he is still nothing special at it, he just has terrible box-out skills.

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
lol that's my point bro... he got outrebounded by marion, the team's small forward. What makes you think a prime lebron couldn't do the same?

Um, maybe because Marion has averaged in the 11-12 rpg and lebron has consistently been in the 7-8 rpg range with a high of 7.9 per game?

tpols
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Um, maybe because Marion has averaged in the 11-12 rpg and lebron has consistently been in the 7-8 rpg range with a high of 7.9 per game?
lebron's been on teams with way better rebounders than marion has...

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 07:48 PM
lebron's been on teams with way better rebounders than marion has...

So that makes up for a 4 rpg differential in their best rebounding seasons?

tpols
07-04-2010, 07:51 PM
So that makes up for a 4 rpg differential in their best rebounding seasons?
and a 2.6 rpg on average; my answer is yes. When you play on teams without a true center and a below average rebounding PF your numbers typically get inflated.

Knicks101
07-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Only time will tell whether this move will be great or not. I have to give credit to Walsh for being the only guy with the balls to give this guy the max though.

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2010, 07:56 PM
i dont think amare is a great defender or anything but he seems ok in man to man from what little ive seen him play...yea theres a defeciency in help rotations and defense at the rim but stronger personnel at the c position could go a long way to help that like others suggested

niko
07-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Only time will tell whether this move will be great or not. I have to give credit to Walsh for being the only guy with the balls to give this guy the max though.
Wojo, in his endless hate talks about the nets for being willing to sign amare IF Lebron agreed first. Do these teams not get it? He's a long shot no matter what, he's a no shot if you need him to do his own recruiting. If nothing else is clear in this week, its that these guys don't plan to do the heavy lifting for you.

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 08:18 PM
amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player.

cause gasol won anything before going to the lakers

niko
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
He meant verbally agreed to terms btw, not signing per se. thats tomorrow.

El Kabong
07-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Might end up being Antonio McDyess V2 for them. Personally would have stuck with Lee rather then Stat, but they got a big FA which is what they wanted and they're the first of the cap space teams to do so, so kudos to them for getting him.

The_Yearning
07-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Knicks still sucks. They still won't make the playoffs. Amare can't carry nobody to the playoffs much less stay on the court with less than 2 fouls in the first half, yet he doesn't box out for rebounds? Low IQ ball player.

GOBB
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Knicks still sucks. They still won't make the playoffs. Amare can't carry nobody to the playoffs much less stay on the court with less than 2 fouls in the first half, yet he doesn't box out for rebounds? Low IQ ball player.

You're making this claim in July? You have been elected to the 1st team All Moron. Congrats.

tpols
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
cause gasol won anything before going to the lakers
you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? :hammerhead: these knick fans nowadays...:roll:

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2010, 08:32 PM
you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? :hammerhead: these knick fans nowadays...:roll:
that was a response to another post that originally made the comparison... the guy he quoted isnt a knicks fan :hammerhead:

twolvesfan
He meant verbally agreed to terms btw, not signing per se. thats tomorrow.
??? You can't sign UFA's until the July moratorium ends, which is the 8th.

The_Yearning
You're making this claim in July? You have been elected to the 1st team All Moron. Congrats.

So whose going to set up Amare for easy buckets? Is Amare going to post up? Is he going to crash the offensive glass? Is he going to stay healthy? Is he going to be responsible with his goggles? He looks like he messes with his goggles after every whistle, every time he runs back down the floor. Guy is overrated like JJ, Lee, and Bosh.

SmH.

Knicks101
07-04-2010, 08:33 PM
So whose going to set up Amare for easy buckets? Is Amare going to post up? Is he going to crash the offensive glass? Is he going to stay healthy? Is he going to be responsible with his goggles? He looks like he messes with his goggles after every whistle, every time he runs back down the floor. Guy is overrated like JJ, Lee, and Bosh.

SmH.

You're a Bulls fan right?

OneMoreSucka
07-04-2010, 08:34 PM

SmH.
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/842029/lol-o.gif

tpols
07-04-2010, 08:35 PM
that was a response to another post that originally made the comparison... the guy he quoted isnt a knicks fan :hammerhead:
the quote he was responding to was saying that amare is a poor defensive player and din't win, and then he compared that situation to gasol, implying that amare could have success once he moves to the knicks...

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 08:35 PM

please learn to read the entire thing before you make stupid comments.

the comment i quoted said :
"hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument.

i realize whatever state you live in has vastly inferior education to new york and i'm sorry you have and/or will be gotten/getting a subpar reading and writing grade on your SATs as your idiocy and sad reading comprehension and linguistic skills in both this and past posts i've seen from you suggest.

have a very good day.

plat1numX
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/842029/lol-o.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/162883-1/Spank_dance_stage.gif

tpols
07-04-2010, 08:39 PM
please learn to read the entire thing before you make stupid comments.

the comment i quoted said :
"hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument.

i realize whatever state you live in has vastly inferior education to new york and i'm sorry you have and/or will be gotten/getting a subpar reading and writing grade on your SATs as your idiocy and sad reading comprehension and linguistic skills in both this and past posts i've seen from you suggest.

have a very good day.
I'm from nj. I currently attend rutgers business school and got a 700 on the crit section of the SATs and that score is the only reason I probably got in there because my grades barely reached a 3.0 because HS was a joke. If a person were to read your post and the highlighted text that you responded to, he or she would have taken a totally different message away.

bagelred
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Do you know what Twitter is?

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
the quote he was responding to was saying that amare is a poor defensive player and din't win, and then he compared that situation to gasol, implying that amare could have success once he moves to the knicks...
and thats a wild idea huh...fan perception of a player can change when he switches teams

bagelred
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM

I think this was a smart play by Walsh, no matter what happens. There were two elite big men on the market, and the Knicks got one...even if he's the 2nd best one.

Bosh is a wild card. Where is he going? I think he joins Wade in Miami or Chicago.

Now, as far as the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, and Cavs go.....Amare is the best player any of these teams has. Some might argue Rose but he's a perimeter player like Lebron. Knicks can offer a true dominant big man. Let's not get into a Lopez vs. Amare debate......

Is he really going to go back to playing with Jamison and Williams? :confusedshrug:

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm from nj. I currently attend rutgers business school and got a 700 on the crit section of the SATs and that score is the only reason I probably got in there because my grades barely reached a 3.0 because HS was a joke. If a person were to read your post and the highlighted text that you responded to, he or she would have taken a totally different message away.

ah , new jersey, the armpit of america.

"cause gasol won anything without kobe"
"you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? these knick fans nowadays..."

i fail to see the thought process which would've landed at that conclusion. did i mention the relevancy of the transferring of amare? no. its clear in his post that he's trying to discredit amare's failure with talented teams and making it seem gasol had done something with less or more talent, which he clearly has not done. not a single playoff series. i am CLEARLY trying to mock that argument instead of playing up the idea that amare's transfer will new york the way gasol has on an LA team that obviously currently has more talent than NY.

have fun losing the one major sports team you have in a few years to new york.

wang4three
07-04-2010, 08:51 PM

The Devils aren't going anywhere.

knickscity
07-04-2010, 08:51 PM

This.

The guy has fully recovered from the injuries he has had. Even though it's unrelated even Jason Kidd recovered fine from the same type of surgery.

Some players just recover. Hopefully Amar'e will continue to do what he has. The guy is an all-star, and is not a "product" of Nash. He didn't play with Nash in his rookie year. He has drive, will, believes he his "the man" as an all-star should. Now if he truly has recruiting power we will see.

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 08:53 PM

MLB, NBA, NFL. i'm sorry, but profitability and popularity wise, NHL is a distant fourth from the big three.

Knicks101
07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I think this was a smart play by Walsh, no matter what happens. There were two elite big men on the market, and the Knicks got one...even if he's the 2nd best one.

Bosh is a wild card. Where is he going? I think he joins Wade in Miami or Chicago.

Now, as far as the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, and Cavs go.....Amare is the best player any of these teams has. Some might argue Rose but he's a perimeter player like Lebron. Knicks can offer a true dominant big man.

Is he really going to go back to playing with Jamison and Williams? :confusedshrug:

I agree that it was a smart move. Medium Risk/Ridiculously High Reward. It seems like Wade and Bosh are attached at the hip which messes up LeBron no matter where they choose to go. The Knicks then add on to that by eliminating the next option for the teams that are leftover after Wade and Bosh make their decision.

If all that goes down, the only two teams that LeBron could logically consider are us and the Cavs. I'm liking our chances right now.:rockon:

wang4three
07-04-2010, 08:55 PM
MLB, NBA, NFL. i'm sorry, but profitability and popularity wise, NHL is a distant fourth from the big three.

I don't even know where to begin to tear this apart. But continue with your NJ bashing. From an NBA standpoint, your team hasn't been relevant in over a decade and you still find a reason to sit on your high horse and judge every others. ****ing hilarious.

niko
07-04-2010, 08:55 PM

you just called hockey a major sport..:lol (i'm a hockey fan too but let's be real here...)

btw, amare is at dolan's house, does that make anyone else worried or just me?:D

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't even know where to begin to tear this apart. But continue with your NJ bashing. From an NBA standpoint, your team hasn't been relevant in over a decade and you still find a reason to sit on your high horse and judge every others. ****ing hilarious.

sit on my high horse and judge others? hey, that other guy was quoting me and commenting back at me first lmao.

the new jersey bashing was a joke, but if you got offended, i'm sorry.

hockey =/= MAJOR sport.
you honestly believe hockey is in the league of the other major 3?

niko
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM

as knick fans, every single other comment is how we suck and how we are not ALLOWED to get better. im sorry, i know some of these people are delusional, but its hard NOT to fight back. the comments that come at the knick fans are ridiculous. the same rumors other teams are allowed to listen to, talk about, and knick fans - we are supposed to not talk about them or we are delusional.

:cheers: you know i think you are a good poster, but we are getting killed by the nets/heat/bulls/cavs fans, all of who seemingly are allowed to dream big dreams..

Knicks101
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM
you just called hockey a major sport..:lol (i'm a hockey fan too but let's be real here...)

btw, amare is at dolan's house, does that make anyone else worried or just me?:D

:lol
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KMkkRfgk-Os/RyDIUXLl18I/AAAAAAAAAA8/PXyRnXy8bkw/s320/James+Dolan+Guitar.jpg
So Amar'e, that's our fourth album. Ready to hear the fifth?

http://www.ourkitchensink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/amare-stoudemire-hands-425.jpg
What the **** have I done?

wang4three
07-04-2010, 09:08 PM
sit on my high horse and judge others? hey, that other guy was quoting me and commenting back at me first lmao.

hockey =/= MAJOR sport.

Fair enough, but you should know that it's funny you can lump the MLB, NBA, and NFL together in profitability. If hockey is so far behind the NBA, you really should look up the difference between the NBA and the NFL in terms of profitability, net worth, and volume. The average NFL team is worth almost 900 million dollars while the NBA is looking at 370 million. The average NHL franchise is 220 million. Secondly, whether or not you consider NASCAR to be a sport, the league could possibly make more money than the NBA. So really, the NBA is an arguable top 3.

Really, at the end of the day, it's NFL and everything else. The NBA is worth more than the NHL, but the difference is not as great as you state.

tpols
07-04-2010, 09:12 PM
ah , new jersey, the armpit of america.

"cause gasol won anything without kobe"
"you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? these knick fans nowadays..."

i fail to see the thought process which would've landed at that conclusion. did i mention the relevancy of the transferring of amare? no. its clear in his post that he's trying to discredit amare's failure with talented teams and making it seem gasol had done something with less or more talent, which he clearly has not done. not a single playoff series. i am CLEARLY trying to mock that argument instead of playing up the idea that amare's transfer will new york the way gasol has on an LA team that obviously currently has more talent than NY.

what he said, "amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

What you said, "cause gasol won anything before going to the lakers"

You're statement made no sense anyways as amare had far superior talent than the memphis team gasol was on. nice try tho.:lol

vert48
07-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Idiotic. Why would ANY team give that much money to Amare? NBA owners, as a whole, are just stupid.

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Fair enough, but you should know that it's funny you can lump the MLB, NBA, and NFL together in profitability. If hockey is so far behind the NBA, you really should look up the difference between the NBA and the NFL in terms of profitability, net worth, and volume. The average NFL team is worth almost 900 million dollars while the NBA is looking at 370 million. The average NHL franchise is 220 million. Secondly, whether or not you consider NASCAR to be a sport, the league could possibly make more money than the NBA. So really, the NBA is an arguable top 3.

Really, at the end of the day, it's NFL and everything else. The NBA is worth more than the NHL, but the difference is not as great as you state.

I concede that your point was fair enough, but I feel like in value of popularity, the NBA exceeds NASCAR and NHL by a good margin, giving it a strong case for the "big 3". NASCAR and NHL is very regional and restricted to America- from the south for NASCAR and typically the north for NHL, whereas NBA is primarily consistently popular in most major cities as they happen to generally have the better teams as well (except NY).

I'm glad you understand I wasn't bashing NJ but that other moron who as quoting me.

:cheers:

tpols
07-04-2010, 09:15 PM
who cares if the nets are going to brooklyn. I can still say I'm a net fan as a jersey guy because I grew up with them in my state. It's not like im from nj and a bulls fan.

o BTW have fun with your 2 playoff appearances a decade team LOLZ. Only time you greasy ******s made it you got SWEPT by the nets.

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 09:16 PM
what he said, "amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

What you said, "cause gasol won anything before going to the lakers"

You're statement made no sense anyways as amare had far superior talent than the memphis team gasol was on. nice try tho.:lol

"that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument."

read again and stop being a pest

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 09:18 PM
who cares if the nets are going to brooklyn. I can still say I'm a net fan as a jersey guy because I grew up with them in my state. It's not like im from nj and a bulls fan.

o BTW have fun with your 2 playoff appearances a decade team LOLZ. Only time you greasy ******s made it you got SWEPT by the nets.

hurts losing your basketball franchise doesn't it, young troll in training.

thanks for adding titles to the overall ny count. oh wait....

Bosnian Sajo
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
IK its twitter, but its probably true. Sad, I really wanted him in Miami :/

I felt as if Wade/Amare would of been the best duo in the nba.

wang4three
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
as knick fans, every single other comment is how we suck and how we are not ALLOWED to get better. im sorry, i know some of these people are delusional, but its hard NOT to fight back. the comments that come at the knick fans are ridiculous. the same rumors other teams are allowed to listen to, talk about, and knick fans - we are supposed to not talk about them or we are delusional.

:cheers: you know i think you are a good poster, but we are getting killed by the nets/heat/bulls/cavs fans, all of who seemingly are allowed to dream big dreams..

I've secretly become a Knick fan (though I'll never admit it to any of my friends) since I've moved here and enjoyed free games via my company. Equally as awesome is that I live in midtown, so I'm right by MSG if I ever wanted to pop in for a game. Yet, I never grew accustomed to New Yorkers acting as if they're above NJ. It doesn't make sense to me. The cross-border rivalry is ****ing annoying, and people cling onto the dumbest arguments. I also grow tired of New Yorkers trying to adopt a NJ team when there isn't an equal NY team doing well. Case in point with Rutgers football, back in 2006-2008, everyone was piggy backing onto RU, calling it "NY's college team." Pisses me off cause as soon as Rutgers fizzed, they went back to being "NJ's college." Absurd.

Also am tired of people moving to NY and assuming hatred for NJ. It's funny cause NY is really this cultural hub where people from all over come so it's actually rare to meet people born and raised in NYC...but for some reason all the people I meet who aren't from NY, weren't raised anywhere in the tri-state area are bagging on NJ just cause they moved to NYC. It's as if it's part of the job description when you decide to move here. Doesn't make sense to me.

Irrelevant tangent aside, I am rooting for the Knicks to get better. Like I said, I get free tickets from time to time, and it'd be nice to actually be watching a top level game. MSG is so much more fun when the games mean something.

tpols
07-04-2010, 09:21 PM
"that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument."

read again and stop being a pest
bro I can read what you said and what he said a thousand times and it still comes out as you saying gasol didn't do sh!t with his memphis team when he led them in the west to a 50 win season as the top dog. Amare wasn't even top dog in phx. We don't even know how he'll do as the top dog in NY, but I can guarantee it won't be as good as gasol in memphis because gasol is a much better player.

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 09:21 PM
ok, so we established that you misunderstood what i was mocking in the very first quote above, alright. my point was not denying the fact why gasol should be considered a better player, but mocking the REASON why he had gasol as the better player.

we'll see how amare does this season as the top dog. if amare can carry them past a series, so much for the other guy's gasol arguments. we might not even get to see amare as top dog, as its still very possible for us to attract major free agents like wade or lebron now that we have amare.

tpols
07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
hurts losing your basketball franchise doesn't it, young troll in training.

thanks for adding titles to the overall ny count. oh wait....
what count?:roll: you nigg@s have one 2 championships in 50 years and have been in a 36 year drought. Adding to the count?! haha that's the funniest shit I read all day. Really, thanks for the laughs man, that was awesome.:roll:

Snoop_Cat
07-04-2010, 09:27 PM
what count?:roll: you nigg@s have one 2 championships in 50 years and have been in a 36 year drought. Adding to the count?! haha that's the funniest shit I read all day. Really, thanks for the laughs man, that was awesome.:roll:

you brought up past success first lmao, even if its more recent both these teams are completely restructured so a proximity to the present argument would be worthless.

2>0 . keep hatin'.

niko
07-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I've secretly become a Knick fan (though I'll never admit it to any of my friends) since I've moved here and enjoyed free games via my company. Equally as awesome is that I live in midtown, so I'm right by MSG if I ever wanted to pop in for a game. Yet, I never grew accustomed to New Yorkers acting as if they're above NJ. It doesn't make sense to me. The cross-border rivalry is ****ing annoying, and people cling onto the dumbest arguments. I also grow tired of New Yorkers trying to adopt a NJ team when there isn't an equal NY team doing well. Case in point with Rutgers football, back in 2006-2008, everyone was piggy backing onto RU, calling it "NY's college team." Pisses me off cause as soon as Rutgers fizzed, they went back to being "NJ's college." Absurd.

Also am tired of people moving to NY and assuming hatred for NJ. It's funny cause NY is really this cultural hub where people from all over come so it's actually rare to meet people born and raised in NYC...but for some reason all the people I meet who aren't from NY, weren't raised anywhere in the tri-state area are bagging on NJ just cause they moved to NYC. It's as if it's part of the job description when you decide to move here. Doesn't make sense to me.

Irrelevant tangent aside, I am rooting for the Knicks to get better. Like I said, I get free tickets from time to time, and it'd be nice to actually be watching a top level game. MSG is so much more fun when the games mean something.

i just get annoyed when people try to make arguments that are counter-intuitive to me as a sports fan. For instance, net fans want to talk about the nets taking over as the #1 team. that is 100% counter to how the NY market works with its sports teams. they don't jockey, they are always A and B, and if B is great and A sucks, then it's STILL A AND B. yet, the nets are taking over 100%. In Brooklyn (where i live) of all places. i find that odd.. but if you say thats not how the area works, that's HATING.

i'm glad you follow the knicks, feel free to add to the discussion and calm us all down from time to time...:D i also look forward to going to an MSG where we have a decent time, and not just delusional happiness once in a while (like the mcgrady game)

tpols
07-04-2010, 10:01 PM
i just get annoyed when people try to make arguments that are counter-intuitive to me as a sports fan. For instance, net fans want to talk about the nets taking over as the #1 team. that is 100% counter to how the NY market works with its sports teams. they don't jockey, they are always A and B, and if B is great and A sucks, then it's STILL A AND B. yet, the nets are taking over 100%. In Brooklyn (where i live) of all places. i find that odd.. but if you say thats not how the area works, that's HATING.

i'm glad you follow the knicks, feel free to add to the discussion and calm us all down from time to time...:D i also look forward to going to an MSG where we have a decent time, and not just delusional happiness once in a while (like the mcgrady game)
dude no one gives a shit if the knicks are the bigger market team if they can't win anything...

niko
07-04-2010, 10:14 PM
dude no one gives a shit if the knicks are the bigger market team if they can't win anything...
then why the **** do you respond?

tpols
07-04-2010, 10:25 PM
then why the **** do you respond?
what does me responding to you have to do with anything. f!cking knick fans man...

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Amare doesn't need to be set up for easy baskets, in the second half of the 2004 season with a rookie LeAndro Barbosa as the starting point guard, Amare averaged 24.5 ppg and 10 rpg and finished the season averaging 21/9 in just his second year. And in 2005, he averaged 22 ppg in 7 games without Nash, 25 ppg in 6 games without Nash in '07 and 19 ppg in 5 games without Nash in '09.

Amare plays off Nash quite a bit because of their system, but make no mistake about it, he's a legit 20+ ppg scorer. I mean he averaged 37/10 vs the Spurs in the 2005 WCF and back then he did rely more on athleticism, he's become a more skilled player since the microfracture surgery and this year he played all 82 games(which he also did back in 2007).

tpols
07-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Amare doesn't need to be set up for easy baskets, in the second half of the 2004 season with a rookie LeAndro Barbosa as the starting point guard, Amare averaged 24.5 ppg and 10 rpg and finished the season averaging 21/9 in just his second year. And in 2005, he averaged 22 ppg in 7 games without Nash, 25 ppg in 6 games without Nash in '07 and 19 ppg in 5 games without Nash in '09.

Amare plays off Nash quite a bit because of their system, but make no mistake about it, he's a legit 20+ ppg scorer. I mean he averaged 37/10 vs the Spurs in the 2005 WCF and back then he did rely more on athleticism, he's become a more skilled player since the microfracture surgery and this year he played all 82 games(which he also did back in 2007).
man are you gonna be surprised at what happens to him on the knicks... he's passing his prime dude, and, quite frankly, beyond the athleticism there's nothing to him. David Lee would be more valuable over the next four years. You'll see.

Darius
07-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I thought Bagelred was a poster who understood basketball...

How is paying a 22/9 guy who is a mediocre rebounder, doesn't play D and has injurt concerns $20m/year a good idea?

Knicks were better off keeping Zach Randolph then signing Amare.

ShaqAttack3234
07-05-2010, 12:03 AM
man are you gonna be surprised at what happens to him on the knicks... he's passing his prime dude, and, quite frankly, beyond the athleticism there's nothing to him. David Lee would be more valuable over the next four years. You'll see.

He's younger than Wade and since the microfracture knee surgery, less injury prone. He's only 2 years younger than Lebron and has essentially played the same amount of seasons. He'll be 28 next season, he should still have atleast 3 prime years left, if not 4. It's not like he's not skilled and he should remain an above average athlete for a big man.

:roll: at David Lee and Zach Randolph being better options. Randolph is older, more injury prone and he only made the playoffs as a bench player and even then, never made it out of the first round. David Lee has never made the playoffs.

Kingwillball
07-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Amare is a top 3 or 4 PF in the NBA..Everyone who is bashing needs to Relax. The only 2 I would take for sure ahead of him is Bosh and Dirk and Maybe Pau.

highwhey
07-05-2010, 02:20 AM
you will be surprised. everyone expects amare to score 15ppg and grab 6 boards. what a joke. :lol of course, when i bring this up 1 year from now people will ignore me or tell me to stfu.

baseketball4life
07-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Amare is a top 3 or 4 PF in the NBA..Everyone who is bashing needs to Relax. The only 2 I would take for sure ahead of him is Bosh and Dirk and Maybe Pau.
Amare is the #1 big man in theleague to me... if he signs with the Knicks he's gonna put up 25-27 ppg 10+ rpg easy

crisoner
07-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Amare is the #1 big man in theleague to me... if he signs with the Knicks he's gonna put up 25-27 ppg 10+ rpg easy

Defense....Amare plays well there all will be well in ny

nothinbutnet
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Amare is a joke. If he plays Center, get ready to see him scored on and outrebounded... over and over and over. No defense at all. It's a joke that this guy is getting the max.

Yung D-Will
07-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Mike D'Antoni called Amare Stoudemire minutes into the new free agent period this week and said it was time for them to bury the hatchet, because they wanted him in New York.

Is there a better place to bury the hatchet than brunch?

No, no there is not. An omelet bar and lukewarm eggs benedict is the perfect makeup meal.

Stoudemire and D'Antoni did not part on good terms from Phoenix. But now, a few years later both have matured. And both need each other. Amare has wanted to be out in front, now he will be. D'Antoni gets an All-Star perfectly suited to run his offense.

So the hatchet was buried. Tomorrow the deal should be finalized, and Stoudemire will be the Knicks big free agent signing. With all that comes with that.

Now Stoudemire and D'Antoni need to team up to recruit more elite player to run with them. Or things will get ugly fast. Uglier than a lukewarm eggs benedict.

:oldlol:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/amare-stoudemire-mike-dantoni-have-brunch-and-make-up.php

Scoooter
07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Over or under on Amar'e averaging 7 rebounds a game next season?

Snoop_Cat
07-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Brunch is what couples who are practically married do... this worries me

Yung D-Will
07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Over or under on Amar'e averaging 7 rebounds a game next season?
Depends if he tries or not

Sarcastic
07-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Wow, this is huge news. Definitely worthy of multiple posts.

wang4three
07-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Probably realized what a luxury Amare was after having David Lee the few seasons.

Doctor Rivers
07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
what did they eat?

Yung D-Will
07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Wow, this is huge news. Definitely worthy of multiple posts.

It's epic

highwhey
07-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Amare is a joke. If he plays Center, get ready to see him scored on and outrebounded... over and over and over. No defense at all. It's a joke that this guy is getting the max.
amar'e has played the 5 spot under d'antoni before, that year we were undersized with a 6'8 frenchie(boris diaw) playing pf but aamre didn't disappoint that year. of course, now the lakers have assembled one of the best front courts of this decade, although amar'e didn't get man handled by gasol/bynum ether, he held his ground and did a good job offensively and defensively. i don't know what gm's are thinking though, the lakers success can be attributed to their frontcourt, but most teams seem to be ignoring that. i don't care if you put wade and lebron on the same team, if you don't have length, size and good talent on the 4/5 spot(assuming lebron is on the 3), you might as well give up now. if you plan to win a title, please assemble a talented froncourt. otherwise you will get exposed in the playoffs.

niko
07-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I thought Bagelred was a poster who understood basketball...

How is paying a 22/9 guy who is a mediocre rebounder, doesn't play D and has injurt concerns $20m/year a good idea?

Knicks were better off keeping Zach Randolph then signing Amare.

Zach "i fund drug businesses in my spare time" Randolph? Yeah, sure. Look at the momentous sucess he's had, i mean Memphis this year was fantastic, with their playoff birth and all. Wait...

1~Gibson~1
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
i find it funny that NIKO thought Amare was horrible when he was rumored to go to Cleveland; picking out EVERY negative thing to say about him....but since he's a Knick now his mouth is shut :lol

:rockon: Troll on dude! :rockon:

niko
07-05-2010, 03:09 PM
i find it funny that NIKO thought Amare was horrible when he was rumored to go to Cleveland; picking out EVERY negative thing to say about him....but since he's a Knick now his mouth is shut :lol

:rockon: Troll on dude! :rockon:

:rolleyes: no i didn't, i said there was no way in hell Cleveland could get him for expirers and Hickson. Did you? I remember Cleveland did NOT get him, and then all the Cavs fans told me "no, you were wrong because we COULD have gotten him and just didn't.

and i still haven't said Amare is fantastic. i just want a piece in place. Because building a team requires more than one good piece, as Cav fans should know, because if you had more than ONE good piece Lebron wouldn't be tempted to leave the only place he has ever lived.

hawkfan
07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Just awful.
Stoudemire has matured? How so? The only thing he cared about was money, and he basically has gone through the motions of caring and wanting to make up so he could get paid.
And D'Antoni is going through the motions because he doesn't want to have to get totally shut out of free agents.

What about that thing called defense?

This is why D'Antoni is a horrible coach for the Knicks in recruiting free agents - he doesn't like to talk about that thing called defense.

Well, I guess he learned from Mike Woodson - talk about defense and NBA players get upset and quit on you.

blackification
07-05-2010, 05:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/#ixzz0sqUDVos4

Knicks101
07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice, I'm working on a photoshopped picture of him in a Knicks jersey.

niko
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I applaud the move. Lebron is making us wait forever, and there is a very high chance (IMO) Bosh goes where Wade goes. So with Lebron still mulling things over, i think we arrive at a point on Wednesday IF he wants to leave Cleveland, we (NY) are a very good option. And if he doesn't want to leave, then at least we signed one building block.

Your thoughts?

branslowski
07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Nope, this has to be false, because you cant sign untill July 8th...So agreements dont count son..:ohwell:

InsideGame
07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I really hope they're not overpaying him or sign him to a 6 year contract... because that would be a knicks-move..

Sarcastic
07-05-2010, 05:43 PM
It's news, but I don't know if it's breaking news.

Knicks101
07-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Nice, I'm working on a photoshopped picture of him in a Knicks jersey.

http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/basketball/nba/11/20/burning.questions/p1_mcdyess_all.jpg

I think it looks pretty good!

FireMcFailPlease
07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
how much is amare going to pay steve nash for giving him this contract?

ChuckOakley
07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I wonder if Amare will be playing Center?
I know the roster is far from set, but didn't he say he did not want to play C?

Overall, a good move. He and D'Antoni should be a good re-union.

The end of David Lee?

niko
07-05-2010, 05:45 PM

The end of David Lee?

Yep. Do you want him? You can have him cheap, Lopez, Favors and a pick? WAIT, Dumars didn't become your GM yet. DAMN...

Let's talk NEXT week.

FireMcFailPlease
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM

The end of David Lee?
trust me..u dont want amare or any out of position pf to be your center.

Yung D-Will
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
It's official NBa.com

Amar'e Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks, reports TNT's David Aldridge

niko
07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought I'd be the first to bring it up - does this mean the Knicks have no chance? That we are not waiting on his choice. Or it could mean he doesn't care (he did try to get Amare to the cavs during the season) or that Bosh agreed to share his life with Dwayne Wade now that he's divorced, and become a heat.

Thoughts?

Snoop_Cat
07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
would've preferrred Bosh, but definitely no complaints here. Hopefully Bosh goes to be with Wade so we're a more attractive option for LeBron

Yung D-Will
07-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I thought I'd be the first to bring it up - does this mean the Knicks have no chance? That we are not waiting on his choice. Or it could mean he doesn't care (he did try to get Amare to the cavs during the season) or that Bosh agreed to share his life with Dwayne Wade now that he's divorced, and become a heat.

Thoughts?
No I think this raises their chances if anything. All the other teams are just sitting around waiting for Lebron whiles the Knicks have shown they're serious and already signed a star.

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Dude. You made this thread. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180956) Why do you need a new thread?

ChuckOakley
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
If anything it helps them.

I don't think LBJ is married to Bosh. If anything Wade is married to Bosh, which actually has struck me as odd... didn't Bosh claim he wanted to be the "man" wherever he goes?

I think LBJ will be just as happy to play with Amare or even Boozer relative to Bosh. Good move for NY, it puts the pressure on NJ to acquire Bosh or Boozer as LBJ told them be prepared to offer a 2nd max.

niko
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Frank Isola said the real reason Knicks flew to CLE was to tell Lebron they were signing Amare, not to ask him who he wanted, etc.

GOBB
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Nope, this has to be false, because you cant sign untill July 8th...So agreements dont count son..:ohwell:

Yeah because Amare is going to change his mind in 3 days. :hammerhead:

niko
07-05-2010, 05:54 PM
If anything it helps them.

I don't think LBJ is married to Bosh. If anything Wade is married to Bosh, which actually has struck me as odd... didn't Bosh claim he wanted to be the "man" wherever he goes?

I think LBJ will be just as happy to play with Amare or even Boozer relative to Bosh. Good move for NY, it puts the pressure on NJ to acquire Bosh or Boozer as LBJ told them be prepared to offer a 2nd max.

I am at a loss as to what Bosh is thinking. He has in no way, shape or form acted like someone who wants to be the lead cog on a team. yet, i'm not sure he does not.

Knicks101
07-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't think so. They couldn't get a commitment from Bosh so they got the next best thing. I think that it's a great move when it comes to LeBron.

I am at a loss as to what Bosh is thinking. He has in no way, shape or form acted like someone who wants to be the lead cog on a team. yet, i'm not sure he does not.

That quote was blown out of proportion. Bosh never said that he wants to be the top guy, just that he wanted to be thought of as one. I took it as him wanting teams to try and get under the cap to get him and do other things like that. Not that he wanted to be on a team built around him, necessarily.

blackification
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Lmao amare is going to drop like 40+ on the suns when we play the knicks in new york great.. warrick better be ready lmao

gts
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
knicks draw first blood in the big gun free agent signings... this brings them into the picture... knicks now a legitimate player in the lebron sweepstakes

Andrei89
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM

What now?

OneMoreSucka
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the Knickerbockers :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQaxdykWtM

niko
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm surprised, i'm 50/50 on whether it means we are drawing a line in the sand for Lebron to come or not, or if Plan B got bumped up.

Regardless, i like the move. If he's not coming, it's a good move, and if things break right, we might be the only other good scenario remaining when he makes his final decision.

Mr Clutch Melo
07-05-2010, 06:06 PM
5 year , 100 million $

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/05/stoudemire.knicks/index.html

http://www.physics.umanitoba.ca/undergraduate/phys1020/images/breaking-news.gif

asdf1990
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
2 days late.

MeLO MvP 15
ya they just said it on NBA TV too

Knicks101
This news broken.

SourPatchKids
Hope he'll be a good fit in NY.

OneMoreSucka
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
This news broken.
u glad?

Mr Clutch Melo
2 days late.

2 days ago it was rumours, now it is official

bagelred
I'm surprised, i'm 50/50 on whether it means we are drawing a line in the sand for Lebron to come or not, or if Plan B got bumped up.

Regardless, i like the move. If he's not coming, it's a good move, and if things break right, we might be the only other good scenario remaining when he makes his final decision.

Could be this means Lebron is not in play. The meeting with Lebron's guys Saturday could signal that is was a last attempt to say "Hey, we are going with Amare if you aren't interested, are you?"

It's still possible Lebron joins us, but.....sigh..........

L.Kizzle
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/2001/03/07/sayitaintso_raptors/t1_stoudamire_all.jpg

gts
07-05-2010, 06:10 PM
2 days ago it was rumours, now it is officialyeah there's already a 3 page thread on it being discussed here on the first page... all good, probably get more discussion there

spursdynasty420
07-05-2010, 06:11 PM
100 mill does that mean they are gonna add another star?

sosolid4u09
07-05-2010, 06:11 PM
what a shit deal. they torture themselves for years for this free agency class, promising their fans massive star power... and they come up with STAT?!!?

I really hope they get another big name player or this would have been a real flop of a summer for them. But i guess they always have next year aswel

sbw19
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Which means CB4 will mostly likely sign with either the Heat or Bulls.

gts

Regardless, i like the move. If he's not coming, it's a good move, and if things break right, we might be the only other good scenario remaining when he makes his final decision.either way it's a good move... amare's a talent in his own right... even if the knicks stopped here and held onto their money for next summer, they just got better

OneMoreSucka
http://knickstweets.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/welcome-amare.jpg

OneMoreSucka
http://knickstweets.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/welcome-amare.jpg

highwhey
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
2 days ago it was rumours, now it is official
this

and this is a shocker(melo, not tp)

Stoudemire said over the weekend that he thought he could lure both Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony and Spurs guard Tony Parker to New York, though both are currently under contract to their respective teams for another year

Mr Clutch Melo
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Melo to NY aint happening

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5356389

knickscity
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
2 days late.

Even the article is late since it's dated today.:confusedshrug:

wang4three
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
this

and this is a shocker(melo, not tp)

Great. Lala and Eva Longoria can become best friends.

Showtime
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
So, I guess Lee is gone.

Horray for the knicks getting yet another player who won't defend or rebound.

AK47DR91
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM

Lala is a hottie. Melo is one lucky bastard!

highwhey
07-05-2010, 06:34 PM
potential lesbo sex tape?

niko
07-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Amare is a chatty guy. I like it so far. I wonder if i will like it as much if he's complaining later, haha...

ANYWAY from Amare..

THE KNICKS ARE BACK.

He will reach out to Lebron personally.

Funnyfuka
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
bosh and wade are friends, bosh will go to miami.

QuebecBaller
07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/2001/03/07/sayitaintso_raptors/t1_stoudamire_all.jpg
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Sarcastic
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Amare says he will reach out to Lebron.

http://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN

ZHAKIDD532
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Good pick up for the Knicks.

VishaltotheG
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Amare is a chatty guy. I like it so far. I wonder if i will like it as much if he's complaining later, haha...

ANYWAY from Amare..

THE KNICKS ARE BACK.

He will reach out to Lebron personally.

Isn't that what people were saying when starbury arrived?

QuebecBaller
07-05-2010, 06:52 PM
If Joe Johnson had signed with the Knicks, The Knicks could sign and trade Lee for Boris Diaw. Marion is available, so find a trade to have him and... Oh wait we already saw these players together..

niko
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Isn't that what people were saying when starbury arrived?

You have an anime character in your avi. Your opinion is noted, and shat upon.

1~Gibson~1
07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes: no i didn't, i said there was no way in hell Cleveland could get him for expirers and Hickson. Did you? I remember Cleveland did NOT get him, and then all the Cavs fans told me "no, you were wrong because we COULD have gotten him and just didn't.

and i still haven't said Amare is fantastic. i just want a piece in place. Because building a team requires more than one good piece, as Cav fans should know, because if you had more than ONE good piece Lebron wouldn't be tempted to leave the only place he has ever lived.
whatever you say buddy :ohwell:

now continue your dbl-standard troll-a-thon will, ya?? atta boy :rockon:

ElPigto
07-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Good for the Knicks.

niko
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Are you ever right? I mean, ever ever ever ever? Weren't you mad at me because i laughed at the Bosh to Cleveland rumors? Has there been even a 1/1000% of a mention os this being real?

Snoop_Cat
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM

A Cavs fan from Alabama... interesting....

OneMoreSucka
07-05-2010, 07:25 PM
OH YOU MAD CAUSE I'M STYLIN' ON YOU?

http://knickstweets.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/amare.jpg

Andrei89
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
So they gave amare 20 mil a year

How much does that leave them with to sign another FA?

Can they still sign Lebreezy?I don't hink Lebreezy will want less salary than Amare tbh

niko
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Can they still sign Lebreezy?I don't hink Lebreezy will want less salary than Amare tbh
We can still pay Lebron in full.

highwhey
07-05-2010, 07:46 PM

pretty sure it starts at like 16 or 17. and increases each year.

WizardsW
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
does anyone really think a lebron/amare combo guarantees a championship? don't think so. lebron was just playing with a stacked 60+ win team with two 20 ppg scorers and couldn't get to the eastern finals. with the possibility of a "super" team and the celtics and magic still in the mix, the knicks would have to sign and trade lee still.

knickscity
07-05-2010, 07:52 PM

The had enough for two max contracts.

So now ther is one slot left.

And 12 mil of cap next season ciurtesy of Eddy Curry.

No other team has that luxury.

konex
07-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Did the Knicks really just tank 2 years for Amare?

Heh, I guess it could be worse. They could be paying Joe Johnson the max :lol

Amare at least fills a need. If David Lee can look like a star playing PF for the Knicks, Amare will get MVP votes next year!

Blue&Orange
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Thx konex you and you curse just guaranteed NY will get also either Lebron or wade.

Knicks101
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Thx konex you and you curse just guaranteed NY will get also either Lebron or wade.

:banana:

TheLogo
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Knicks = where careers go to die.

Nets fan 93
07-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Heh, I guess it could be worse. They could be paying Joe Johnson the max :lol

Amare at least fills a need. If David Lee can look like a star playing PF for the Knicks, Amare will get MVP votes next year!
They did a lot worse than just tank...

They have how man picks in the nexy 5 years? they traded their damn lotto pick to help get rid of cap that just may turn into amare and a role player.

Rameek
07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Knicks = where careers go to die.
Oak, King, Spree, Houston, Grand ma ma, Mason, Starks, Derek Anderson, Zach, Crawford etc all would disagree...

TheLogo
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Oak, King, Spree, Houston, Grand ma ma, Mason, Starks, Derek Anderson, Zach, Crawford etc all would disagree...

The hall of fame would agree with me.

Rameek
07-05-2010, 08:35 PM
The hall of fame would agree with me.
So if every player that has ever played for a Franchise dont make the hall of fame their career died.... your logic and reach escapes me and you should stop now.

one has nothing to do with the other

The GM
07-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I highly doubt they would do this deal without knowing something that everyone else doesn't, whether it be a imminent deal for a Tony Parker, Carmelo or Lebron James.

knickballer
They did a lot worse than just tank...

They have how man picks in the nexy 5 years? they traded their damn lotto pick to help get rid of cap that just may turn into amare and a role player.

Are you really that jealous of the Knicks? We had a shit roster for the past 6 seasons and we've been trying to rebuild and get rid of these cancers.. Because we were so god damn successful with them. We only traded one lotto pick, this years pick was traded back in 2004.. We also have tons of possibilities with our cap. We can go after LBJ and other FA's, do sign and trade and aquire players like Parker, Ellis, Paul, Jefferson, etc or we just wait till next year and sign Carmelo Anthony and/or Chris Paul

I understand if your mad cause your team will still suck. The Nets were a 12 ****ing win team.. They aren't going to get nobody and will have the same shitty team. Your team is shit, and you need Brooklyn/Jay Z to save your franchise.

G-train

No - they cleared cap room for the opportunity to sign 2 star players.

BC Eagle
07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
The first splash of the vaunted 2010 free agent class has come.

I've got mixed feelings on this signing from the Knicks perspective. Granted, they had to make some kind of move this post-season, and getting Amar'e gives them a front court presence, and makes somewhat of a splash.

No question, it's a good first step. However, unless they attach his signing to another acquisition, and upgrade their PG position, it's going to be a letdown post-season for New York.

The pros and cons:

Pros

When healthy and motivated, there isn't a big man in the game who is better.. And yes, I include Bosh in that mix. I've seen Stoudemire completely dominate games, including a handful of playoff series' where he was the best player on the court by a far margin.

His familiarity with Mike D'Antoni's offense will be a huge plus. D'Antoni will find ways to utilize his strengths, while maxing his glaring weaknesses.

He's still growing, and I don't think he's truly peaked yet. Granted, there's a small window between his full peak and where he is now, but there's still some upside there in my opinion.

On talent, he's brimming with it. I'd say he's easily the best big man the Knicks have had since Oakley.

Cons

Motivation can be an issue with him. When he gets a bug up his ass, he's a pain to deal with, and gives a moderate/ subpar effort. The fact that he doesn't always play up to his potential is a bit of a red flag.

Stoudemire isn't exactly the most stable lockerroom presence. On a moderately young team, he's not going to do any favors for them inflentuentially. The concept of team leadership is lost on him, and it's a trait I don't forsee him ever developing.

His ego is huge, but frail. If he ever feels like he's not the focal point of the offense, he'll ***** and sulk. Also, I can really see him get eaten alive by the New York fan base. He had a tough go at times with the Phoenix fan base, which is generally forgiving by nature. In New York, if you're not on top of your game at all times, you'll get swallowed alive. If you can't handle that kind of heat, it gets that much worse. Amar'e won't do well in that fan base. He's too mentally and emotionally frail.

Defense is non existent to him, He's got a better chance of developing team leadership skills or not melting in the New York media than he does of ever making a big defensive stand.

In a lot of ways, Amar'e needs to have a point guard who plays into his strengths. Currently, the Knicks don't have a guard who can deliver seamless passes, or who is quarterback like Steve Nash. I think Parker would be a great fit for that reason alone, because while he's not on that same distribution level as Nash, he's a same style and is willing to play the second option to him.

His injury history is worth keeping an eye on, specifically his knee. While he seems fully recovered from microfracture, there's still always the change of regeneration as he gets older by NBA standards.

I'm interested in seeing what the Knicks do next to accentuate this signing.

Knicks101
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
So if every player that has ever played for a Franchise dont make the hall of fame their career died.... your logic and reach escapes me and you should stop now.

one has nothing to do with the other

:applause:

Are you really that jealous of the Knicks? We had a shit roster for the past 6 seasons and we've been trying to rebuild and get rid of these cancers.. Because we were so god damn successful with them. We only traded one lotto pick, this years pick was traded back in 2004.. We also have tons of possibilities with our cap. We can go after LBJ and other FA's, do sign and trade and aquire players like Parker, Ellis, Paul, Jefferson, etc or we just wait till next year and sign Carmelo Anthony and/or Chris Paul

I understand if your mad cause your team will still suck. The Nets were a 12 ****ing win team.. They aren't going to get nobody and will have the same shitty team. Your team is shit, and you need Brooklyn/Jay Z to save your franchise.

I think that he's talking about Jordan Hill.

Andrei89
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Amare ain't that bad. He is an offensive power.

But the knicks need some defenders now to compensate for Amare's lack of D.

+ A good pg who can dish would totally be the missing piece

Rameek
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I do think Walsh has some other things in play now that Amare is on board but everything is on hold for LBJ decision.

knickballer
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
The first splash of the vaunted 2010 free agent class has come.

I've got mixed feelings on this signing from the Knicks perspective. Granted, they had to make some kind of move this post-season, and getting Amar'e gives them a front court presence, and makes somewhat of a splash.

No question, it's a good first step. However, unless they attach his signing to another acquisition, and upgrade their PG position, it's going to be a letdown post-season for New York.

The pros and cons:

Pros

When healthy and motivated, there isn't a big man in the game who is better.. And yes, I include Bosh in that mix. I've seen Stoudemire completely dominate games, including a handful of playoff series' where he was the best player on the court by a far margin.

His familiarity with Mike D'Antoni's offense will be a huge plus. D'Antoni will find ways to utilize his strengths, while maxing his glaring weaknesses.

He's still growing, and I don't think he's truly peaked yet. Granted, there's a small window between his full peak and where he is now, but there's still some upside there in my opinion.

On talent, he's brimming with it. I'd say he's easily the best big man the Knicks have had since Oakley.

Cons

Motivation can be an issue with him. When he gets a bug up his ass, he's a pain to deal with, and gives a moderate/ subpar effort. The fact that he doesn't always play up to his potential is a bit of a red flag.

Stoudemire isn't exactly the most stable lockerroom presence. On a moderately young team, he's not going to do any favors for them inflentuentially. The concept of team leadership is lost on him, and it's a trait I don't forsee him ever developing.

His ego is huge, but frail. If he ever feels like he's not the focal point of the offense, he'll ***** and sulk. Also, I can really see him get eaten alive by the New York fan base. He had a tough go at times with the Phoenix fan base, which is generally forgiving by nature. In New York, if you're not on top of your game at all times, you'll get swallowed alive. If you can't handle that kind of heat, it gets that much worse. Amar'e won't do well in that fan base. He's too mentally and emotionally frail.

Defense is non existent to him, He's got a better chance of developing team leadership skills or not melting in the New York media than he does of ever making a big defensive stand.

In a lot of ways, Amar'e needs to have a point guard who plays into his strengths. Currently, the Knicks don't have a guard who can deliver seamless passes, or who is quarterback like Steve Nash. I think Parker would be a great fit for that reason alone, because while he's not on that same distribution level as Nash, he's a same style and is willing to play the second option to him.

His injury history is worth keeping an eye on, specifically his knee. While he seems fully recovered from microfracture, there's still always the change of regeneration as he gets older by NBA standards.

I'm interested in seeing what the Knicks do next to accentuate this signing.

The only thing I'm worried about Amare is injuries. When healthy he is a top 10 player. I'm not worried about character issues, he got paid big, he's in a huge market and is with dantoni(good or bad)

I'm not worried about the PG situation because David Lee looked like a beast and would average 20/10 with a shitty PG and we primarily played a pick and roll with Lee. I'm not worried about that at all. If we can get Parker all the better.

Hopefully this can be our team:
PG:Parker
SG:Chandler
SF:Gallo
PF:Amare
C:?

BC Eagle
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
The only thing I'm worried about Amare is injuries. When healthy he is a top 10 player. I'm not worried about character issues, he got paid big, he's in a huge market and is with dantoni(good or bad)

I'm not worried about the PG situation because David Lee looked like a beast and would average 20/10 with a shitty PG and we primarily played a pick and roll with Lee. I'm not worried about that at all. If we can get Parker all the better.

Hopefully this can be our team:
PG:Parker
SG:Chandler
SF:Gallo
PF:Amare
C:?

Parker would be the best PG they could get at this stage, and he'd be a perfect match for Amare's skill-set.

What'd worry me about him is his mentality. Character isn't shit to worry about, but when he breaks mentally it's going to be rough to watch him and he'll drag the overall team chemistry down the drain.

ispin69
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Was this a good signing? In the short term, yes at least they get something legit rather than nothing. Lebron and Wade do not want to join a crap team. If they can get Melo and Parker, it's decent.

Probably not in the long run. Amare has had knee and eye injury issues. He showed last season how dominant he can be on offense, but that was a contract year and you know he wanted to score big. He worked hard and earned this max guaranteed contract. But you all know it's not going to take much for him to find a career ending injury.

100k guaranteed max contract? Way too foolish of a gamble. We all knew why he put up the big numbers. It wasn't because of winning, he was gunning for the max contract. I've never seen Amare in a leadership position with a desperate desire to win a championship. Reminds me of T-Mac, only works hard during a contract year.

reppy
07-05-2010, 09:18 PM

This has nothing to do with your post or anything basketball-related, but mad props on the avatar. \m/

JustinJDW
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Thank god. Amare is no longer in Phoenix! As a Spurs fan, I couldn't be more happier.

Now only if Dirk left Dallas...

DStebb716
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Scrubs? Really?
Let's compare the rosters:

Amar'e > ANYBODY on the Cavs roster, but I'll put in Jamison for argument's sake.
Gallo > Mo Williams.
Wilson Chandler > Anderson Varejao. Only close one so far, could argue it either way.
Bill Walker > JJ Hickson. Another arguable one, but I believe it.
Delante West > Toney Douglas.

They win 4 out of the 5 players they have.
The only thing the Cavs have for them aside from hometown is:
Byron Scott > Mike D'Antoni.

DirtBag
07-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Thank god. Amare is no longer in Phoenix! As a Spurs fan, I couldn't be more happier.

Now only if Dirk left Dallas...

you son of a *****! :mad: JK :)

hawkfan
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Steve Nash doesn't seem to be saying much to the media about wanting Amare to come back.

Can we infer something from this silence, or not?

highwhey
07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Steve Nash doesn't seem to be saying much to the media about wanting Amare to come back.

if you're tmz, yes.

The GM
07-05-2010, 10:50 PM

He's most likely still in South Africa covering the World Cup for CBS but I'm sure when he gets back he'll give the whole" I'm sad to see him go" speech & then ask for a trade behind the scenes because he knows their window is just about shut.

bagelred
07-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I understand if your mad cause your team will still suck. The Nets were a 12 ****ing win team..

12 QUALITY, GREAT YOUNG TALENT wins. Let's not forget that.

Look, it was only 70 losses.....

PistolPete
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM

He wished Amar'e well. He knows it's a business

http://twitter.com/the_real_nash

oh the horror
07-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Am I the only one that is not that pleased with this move? I would have loved for the Knicks to have a great team assembled but honestly even if they grab a Tony Parker....This Knicks squad would STILL be a first, or second round exit in the east at best.

I just dont see them getting all that better.

PistolPete
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Am I the only one that is not that pleased with this move? I would have loved for the Knicks to have a great team assembled but honestly even if they grab a Tony Parker....This Knicks squad would STILL be a first, or second round exit in the east at best.

The Knicks have had a losing record for the last 8 years and haven't made the playoffs in 6 or so. If they make the playoffs period it would be a vast improvement.

ShaqAttack3234
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
This has nothing to do with your post or anything basketball-related, but mad props on the avatar. \m/

Thanks, glad to see someone else with good tastes. I'm lucky enough to have met Ronnie James Dio and seen him in concert numerous times and he was one of the nicest guys in music and the best singer I've heard in any genre, a hell of a songwriter too.

Definitely not replacing this avatar, unless it's with a different Dio avatar.

Micku
07-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Hm. I think it's a bit questionable for Amare if he wants to win, but then again it could be a jackpot. The Knicks could do something good with this.

04mzwach
07-06-2010, 12:10 AM
one of those NOLA point gaurds could be of use in NY...

Bladers
07-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Its official...

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/05/sports/photos_stories/070510Knicks5CW193623--300x300.jpg

ROCSteady
07-06-2010, 12:35 AM

hockey =/= MAJOR sport.

NHL >>> MLB

Screw a sport that plays 162 regular season games and whose biggest stars last decade were phony cheaters Hockey has a better fanbase IMO cuz essentially EVERY hockey fan is knowledgable and loyal to the sport. Not drunk b!tches paying $5 to wear a t-shirt on College Night.

DouXer4ouR
07-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Good luck in NY Amare, I had fun watching you all these years in a Suns jersey dunking the ball, and scoring off those amazing pick and rolls from Nash. I will miss that.

crisoner
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
You know what.....Amare and LeBron in D-toni's system....that would be Samm fun to watch. Don't know if they get a title anytime soon but the score board gunna be fire!

DuMa
07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Time for Nash to start averaging 30/15/5 now. nothing stands in his way

Finn T-Mac
07-06-2010, 02:46 AM
It looks like LeBron ain't going to Knicks. I think he wanted more than Amare with him, Bosh or Wade.

Now we'll see what kind of player Amare really is without Nash

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
07-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Amare is a PF rapidly approaching 30 and a couple years removed from microfracture surgery. He has 3 productive years left. Meh.

blackification
07-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Amare is a PF rapidly approaching 30 and a couple years removed from microfracture surgery. He has 3 productive years left. Meh.
Uhm he just turned 28.. thats when most players enter their prime don't make it out like he is already 30.

Blue&Orange
07-06-2010, 03:54 AM

Idiot.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Uhm he just turned 28.. thats when most players enter their prime don't make it out like he is already 30.
I like the move for NYC and I've always been a fan of Stat's game, but guys that make the jump from HS to the NBA have a different career arch than your average NBA player that played a few seasons in college.

As long as Amare can keep his eye untouched and not be too hard on his knees, he still has a good 4-5 really good years left... But those won't be 'prime' years. He has done a good job of adding a serious midrange game, though, which will help him as his athleticism begins to slip in the coming years.

blackification
07-06-2010, 04:03 AM
I like the move for NYC and I've always been a fan of Stat's game, but guys that make the jump from HS to the NBA have a different career arch than your average NBA player that played a few seasons in college.

As long as Amare can keep his eye untouched and not be too hard on his knees, he still has a a good 4-5 really good years left... But those won't be 'prime' years. He has done a good job of adding a serious midrange game, though, which will help him as his athleticism begins to slip in the coming years.
Thats true the microfracture does change it up but still he has been improving in areas every year. But I don't know if those will carry on when he goes to a new team and back to D'antoni's offense because he did pass pretty well out of double teams last year even if he didn't get a lot of assists and he did get better at setting up shots for himself and his attitude improved too. Gentry did a lot for his game tbh.

bagelred
07-06-2010, 09:16 AM
So how many nationally televised Knicks games are TNT and ESPN gonna show now? What was it last year? Two?

Rowe
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
So how many nationally televised Knicks games are TNT and ESPN gonna show now? What was it last year? Two?

It all depends on who else we get with him.

I think NY vs Phoenix will get televised.

highwhey
07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
tnt only reserves spots for lebron.

SCREWstonRockets
07-06-2010, 01:48 PM
For the sake of the draft picks, I hope the Knicks get nobody else. It sucks because the Knicks are one of the few teams outside of Htown that I like. But we have your draft picks so I have to hope for you guys to do bad for us to do well.

3stat2
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Thats true the microfracture does change it up but still he has been improving in areas every year. But I don't know if those will carry on when he goes to a new team and back to D'antoni's offense because he did pass pretty well out of double teams last year even if he didn't get a lot of assists and he did get better at setting up shots for himself and his attitude improved too. Gentry did a lot for his game tbh.
Completely agree. If anything, it's not his scoring that will dip - it's those other areas which he developed with Gentry, amidst the team chemistry of the 09-10 Suns.

I also expect Nash's assists to dip a bit and his turnovers to increase - not many players can predict, cut at the right time/angle and catch all of his passes the way Amare could. Unless of course the Suns take even more catch-and-shoot 3s, which they probably will have to...

bagelred
07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
It all depends on who else we get with him.

I think NY vs Phoenix will get televised.

Yup, I think both of those NY/PHX games will be on national TV.

Desperado
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Without Nash, Amare = Bo Outlaw

Snoop_Cat
07-07-2010, 01:19 PM

Amare was plenty dominant pre-Nash, get out with this Amare is nothing without Nash bullsh*t, its been proven MULTIPLE times that this is a totally naive and reactionary belief

OneMoreSucka
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Without Nash, Amare = 20/9, in only his second year.

Knicks101
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Amare was plenty dominant pre-Nash, get out with this Amare is nothing without Nash bullsh*t, its been proven MULTIPLE times that this is a totally naive and reactionary belief

If Amar'e had signed with any other team with cap space it would have been a great move for them and they'd be the favorites to get LeBron because of it. He signs with the Knicks and he's garbage and a product of Nash. It's hilarious. The only person who supported the move was Michael Wilbon. He's a known New York hater and tries to shit on us any chance he gets. That's how you know this media coverage and anti-Knick bias has gotten ridiculous.

Snoop_Cat
07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
If Amar'e had signed with any other team with cap space it would have been a great move for them and they'd be the favorites to get LeBron because of it. He signs with the Knicks and he's garbage and a product of Nash. It's hilarious. The only person who supported the move was Michael Wilbon. He's a known New York hater and tries to shit on us any chance he gets. That's how you know this media coverage and anti-Knick bias has gotten ridiculous.

Whatever, I love all this hater talk. Makes for good, old-fashioned animosity and limits the bandwagoners, although that idea could totally backfire and see a huge influx of "New York" fans which disgusts me.

InspiredLebowski
07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I just read according to Synergy guys like Carl Landry, Luis Scola, Roy Hibbert, and.........Darko were both double teamed more than Amare last year.

Of course being on shitty teams w/ less offensive options surrounding you could lead to that. Still damn surprising though.

Run&Gun=Fun
07-07-2010, 02:12 PM
The Suns medical and conditioning staff are lightyears ahead of anyone else...I am in that line of work and the guys at Phoenix are amazing...Heroes of the proffession.

look at what they've done for Amare, Shaq, Grant Hill, Mcdyess.
its no coincidence that these almost permanently injured players turn their careers around during their stay at Phoenix.

Can the Knicks' staff keep Amare healthy....Don't take for granted what the Suns staff did for Amare.

blackification
07-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Amares agent Happy Walters to the suns main media guy on twitter.

@paulcoro there will be a sign and trade with NY. Will give youall more cap space. courtesy of Amar'e.

http://twitter.com/Happywalters

:rockon: go amare

NY-Knicks
07-08-2010, 08:38 AM
probably David lee. But please don't throw in Chandler or Gallo.

Sarcastic
07-08-2010, 12:15 PM
James Dolan: "It takes courage to play where the lights shine the brightest"

Was that calling Lebron out?

OneMoreSucka
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Goddamn right it was. Any asshole can play for the bandwagon city of Miami, it takes a real man to own NY.

statman32
07-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Excited to see Amare play in his 1st game. Time to light MSG up.

Soundwave
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Goddamn right it was. Any asshole can play for the bandwagon city of Miami, it takes a real man to own NY.

That's all fine and good, I don't think LeBron gives a sh-t about the pressure either way. He's going to get crapped on where ever he goes if he loses.

The Knicks aren't winning anything with D'Antoni as coach. That system just does not work in the playoffs.

The Knicks have had 10 years to build at least some semblance of a good, promising young core, and they really haven't even been able to do that.

LeBron doesn't owe the Knicks anything, certainly not to bail them out of 10 years of crap management and pissing away draft picks.

Soundwave
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM

LeBron to Dolan: "It takes a real GM/ownership to actually build a good franchise, rather than banking on a free agent to erase a decade's worth of bad decisions"

I think it would be good for the NBA and New York to have LeBron with the Knicks, but it's not like Dolan's hands are clean in this whole mess.

Draz
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
It would be healthy for LeBron to play for the Knicks, but it won't be healthy for LeBron to take such a commitment to a team that does not promise a future with the current coach we have.

SSSTRESSS
07-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Typical Amare: Yells "The Knicks are Back!" without having a clue what lebron, wade, bosh, boozer, miller etc. are doing. He's all talk without backing it up. He couldn't win anything with a 2 Time MVP.. now he's talking smack again with who on his team??? Figures.. :banghead:

Amare.. "Remember 5 years ago when I use to punk these guys?" lol

Loser

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Knicks have a solid chance at picking up Delonte West to get a starting 2 for a good price, Cavs are going to waive him

Snoop_Cat
07-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Knicks have a solid chance at picking up Delonte West to get a starting 2 for a good price, Cavs are going to waive him

At least we'll beat Miami head to head now

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Make it happen Donnie, West would be a nice fit here.

highwhey
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Typical Amare: Yells "The Knicks are Back!" without having a clue what lebron, wade, bosh, boozer, miller etc. are doing. He's all talk without backing it up. He couldn't win anything with a 2 Time MVP.. now he's talking smack again with who on his team??? Figures.. :banghead:

Amare.. "Remember 5 years ago when I use to punk these guys?" lol

Loser
someone's very happy

SSSTRESSS
07-09-2010, 06:19 PM
someone's very happy

Well 100 mil for what? He's not a franchise player.. he doesn't alway play D. He's a role player WITHOUT a role. lol

Malone > Amare
Barkley > Amare
NO RINGS > Amare

He reminds me of ben wallace (except ben has a ring for being a role player).. but 100 mil? WTF he single handedly robbed NYC.

statman32
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Well 100 mil for what? He's not a franchise player.. he doesn't alway play D. He's a role player WITHOUT a role. lol

Malone > Amare
Barkley > Amare
NO RINGS > Amare

He reminds me of ben wallace (except ben has a ring for being a role player).. but 100 mil? WTF he single handedly robbed NYC.
How exactly does he remind you of Ben Wallace?? Ben Wallace was a great defender with no offensive skills at all. Amare Stoudemire is a great offensive player that is not consistant on the defensive end. Ben Wallace was a defensive star during his best years and a great role player in the other years. Amare Stoudemire is a star that is recoginzed around the league as one. A role player doesnt put up 20+ pts and 8+ reb a game. He might not be a #1 on a championship contending team but he could be one on a team that makes the playoffs which the Knicks havent done in years.

highwhey
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Malone > Amare
Barkley > Amare
NO RINGS > Amare

joe johnson.

like someone else mentioned, it's not so much the money that these players deserve, it's the money that is available. and nyc is plenty stupid for having signed amare for this much. amare is my boy and everything but if i was in the front office of ny, or any team for that matter, i wouldn't give him 100. on the upside is they gained a superstar and still have money left for other players. if melo and tp are added, this will be a pretty good playoff team. something the knicks haven't seen in a while. i can see the knicks making the playoffs witha 1st round exit if they fill the roster with some good role players. expect amare to lead this team to more wins and the playoffs.

statman32
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Amare deserve the contract he got because not only can he lead this team to a playoff spot now but because he will put butts in seats, bring a exciting player to a team that has lacked that and shows that the Knicks are willing to build a winning team which will bring in more stars.

Draz
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
He's definitely going to put more people in seats.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Attendance has never been a problem

statman32
07-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Attendance has never been a problem
The Knicks should be sold out every game and while they do have high attendance maybe I should have clairifed them as "happy" butts in seats because clearly most Knicks fans have been miserable lately.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-09-2010, 07:12 PM
So the Knicks lose David Lee and gain Amare? It sounds to me like the Knicks are going to be horrible. David Lee is a better fit in New York. Amare can't consistently make his own shot and he doesn't know how to box out. The Suns have actually improved by getting rid of Amare and picking up Hakim Warrick. It's the same guy and his stats will sky rocket playing with Nash. Hopefully this guy will be literate and able to box the **** out. I say good riddance. I can't stand Amare. New York got ripped off.

highwhey
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
So the Knicks lose David Lee and gain Amare? It sounds to me like the Knicks are going to be horrible. David Lee is a better fit in New York. Amare can't consistently make his own shot and he doesn't know how to box out. The Suns have actually improved by getting rid of Amare and picking up Hakim Warrick. It's the same guy and his stats will sky rocket playing with Nash. Hopefully this guy will be literate and able to box the **** out. I say good riddance. I can't stand Amare. New York got ripped off.
yes. ny will be worse with amar'e. they will be lucky to win one game. let's forget how the 2nd half of the season he played like one of the best players in the league. and yep, suns are much better without amar'e. not like he dropped 42 on the lakers. or helped them win spurs series.

DaniloGallinari
07-09-2010, 07:20 PM

I have seen it all, but this outright trolling trumps all. Great job. I just hope you don't believe what you just wrote. You'd be stupid above all.:applause:

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 07:22 PM
wow.

just wow.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I have seen it all, but this outright trolling trumps all. Great job. I just hope you don't believe what you just wrote. You'd be stupid above all.:applause:
Are you kidding me if David Lee played for the Suns he would be BEASTING. Any player in the world can play with Steve Nash. But look at your avatar lol. Your gonna be sad when Amare stinks up New York. They don't have one DECENT passer, let alone one of the greatest passers of all-time.

SSSTRESSS
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
How exactly does he remind you of Ben Wallace?? Ben Wallace was a great defender with no offensive skills at all. Amare Stoudemire is a great offensive player that is not consistant on the defensive end. Ben Wallace was a defensive star during his best years and a great role player in the other years. Amare Stoudemire is a star that is recoginzed around the league as one. A role player doesnt put up 20+ pts and 8+ reb a game. He might not be a #1 on a championship contending team but he could be one on a team that makes the playoffs which the Knicks havent done in years.

Reminds me of ben wallace as far as being a ROLE type player as compared to a franchise player who deserves 100k. Wasn't comparing their offense/defense skill set.

Anyhow.. :confusedshrug:

hawkfan
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm looking forward to an Amare-Eddy duo at the bigs.