PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Gst-min-nyk-cha

Se
07-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Minnesota trades Al Jefferson to Charlotte.
Charlotte trades Boris Diaw to Golden State.
Golden State trades Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins to New York.
New York signs and trades David Lee to Minnesota & Eddy Curry to Golden State.

Minnesota gains Lee, who they are very high on.

Charlotte get a post presence.

Golden State save a boatload of money, and get a good system player in Diaw.

New York gets two pieces to pair with Amare or Bosh.

Se
07-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Minnesota gains Lee, who they are very high on.
CT: Milicic/ Pekovic
PF: Lee/ Love (to be traded IMO)
SF: Johnson/ Bjelica
SG: Webster/ Brewer
PG: Flynn/ Sessions

Charlotte get a post presence.
CT: Chandler/ Mohammed
PF: Jefferson/ Thomas
SF: Wallace/ Graham
SG: Jackson/ Hughes
PG: Felton/ Augustin

Golden State save a boatload of money, and get a good system player in Diaw.
CT: Randolph/ Turiaf/ Gadzuric
PF: Diaw/ Udoh/ Wright
SF: Azubuike/ Williams
SG: Morrow/ Bell
PG: Curry/ Watson

New York gets two pieces to pair with Amare or Bosh.
CT: Biedrins/ Barron
PF: Bosh/ Fields
SF: Gallinari/ Walker
SG: Chandler/ Rautins
PG: Ellis/ Douglas

JayGuevara
07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
While I think Diaw would do well in GS, I don't see why they trade Ellis and Biedrins for a player that plays the same position as like 3 of their last 4 lottery picks (Udoh, Randolph, and Wright)

I think they could get much better returns than Diaw and Eddy Curry's expiring contract.

Al Jefferson for David Lee seems like a lateral movement at best, neither are very good on the defensive end, and both are PF's playing outta position and giving up size at C. But of course, I can't pretend to understand what the Wolves front office is doing. At least they didn't offer Darko the max I guess. :confusedshrug:

Se
07-05-2010, 12:06 PM
While I think Diaw would do well in GS, I don't see why they trade Ellis and Biedrins for a player that plays the same position as like 3 of their last 4 lottery picks (Udoh, Randolph, and Wright)

He's also an expirer (I think???) I know his contract is a lot shorter than Ellis' and Biedrins'.

The reports I'm hearing is that G-State wants to reduce payroll but they also want to trade for Marvin Williams..... LOL!

Se
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
No thoughts?

Quizno
07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
well as a bobcats fan i would love this. i'm not a big diaw fan and we've always lacked interior scoring.

Baby_D
07-06-2010, 12:01 AM
as a GS fan i dont like it. I know we save a lot of money, but we have traded too many starting caliber players for role players. If we are going to get rid of both ellis and andris, i would want something more than just diaw

edit: sorry didnt read all the way through your post, my fault. Still though, I dont even know if curry is going to be in shape to play next year, especially in the GS offense. I would rather trade ellis and andris for one legit starter.

D-FENS
05-29-2015, 08:36 AM
well as a bobcats fan i would love this. i'm not a big diaw fan and we've always lacked interior scoring.

Nailed it!