View Full Version : Knicks sign-and-trading David Lee to Warriors

konex
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Contra Costa Times -

David Lee has agreed to the deal with the Warriors, gets $13 million a year
6 minutes ago via web

OneMoreSucka
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
This is still pending Lebron's decision tonight.

twolvesfan
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Yep. Only way the Warriors can get him is in a SNT, rumor is that Randolph would be heading to NY.

PejaNowitzki
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM

How so? If he decides he wants to go, he's gone. LeBron has nothing to do with the situation whatsoever unless the Warriors need more cap space.

stpwned
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Anyone think this move is good enough to help them make a push at San Antonio's playoff spot?

twolvesfan
How so? If he decides he wants to go, he's gone. LeBron has nothing to do with the situation whatsoever.
It has everything to do with the situation. GSW has only a couple million in cap room and would be FORCED to trade with NY for Lee, if NY says no then no Lee for the Warriors.

Isn't he restricted?

twolvesfan
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Isn't he restricted?
No.

WhySoInsecure?
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Isn't he restricted?
no, they gave him a one year contract last summer, but the warriors don't have the cap space to give him all that money

bdreason
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Unless we move Biedrins this is a terrible move.

PejaNowitzki
Lee for 65 million is a bargain. Statistically the guy is on the same level as Stoudemire but 35 million cheaper, younger and without the injury issues. In a season of ridiculous idiotic spending(see Outlaw, Salmons and more), Lee is a true bargain.

Whether or not he'll be a good fit with the Warriors is something else altogether but I don't see the issue here.

PistolPete
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
How so? If he decides he wants to go, he's gone. LeBron has nothing to do with the situation whatsoever unless the Warriors need more cap space.

I don't believe GS has the cap space to sign Lee outright, that's why they want to trade with the Knicks to be able to afford him. If LeBron signs with New York, then New York renounces his rights and he becomes and unrestricted FA and then he can do whatever he wants.

PejaNowitzki
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't believe GS has the cap space to sign Lee outright, that's why they want to trade with the Knicks to be able to afford him. If LeBron signs with New York, then New York renounces his rights and he becomes and unrestricted FA and then he can do whatever he wants.

Gotcha. I assumed GS had a crapload of cap space for some reason, oops. Good young nucleus in GS right now although I'd like to see them send Monta Ellis packing for some more assets.

Kellogs4toniee
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Lee for 65 million is a bargain. Statistically the guy is on the same level as Stoudemire but 35 million cheaper, younger and without the injury issues. In a season of ridiculous idiotic spending(see Outlaw, Salmons and more), Lee is a true bargain.

Whether or not he'll be a good fit with the Warriors is something else altogether but I don't see the issue here.

If you read all the conditions of Salmon's contract, you would realize that was a very smart sign by the Bucks considering how much he impacted that team once he was traded there last season.

OmniStrife
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Noooooo! We Need Him In Phx!! :(

Poodle
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
The Warriors and Knicks have an agreement in place to do a sign-and-trade deal that will send David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

-rotoworld

Lee is going to blow up in GS. too bad all of his haters will keep saying he has nobody else when he leads the league in double doubles again. Lee is a BEAST :pimp:

GOBB
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM

Amare is better than David Lee.
Amare and David Lee are both 27
This proposed deal is not a bargin. That would suggest David Lee was worth more. He's not.

heyhey
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
The Warriors and Knicks have an agreement in place to do a sign-and-trade deal that will send David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

-rotoworld

Lee is going to blow up in GS. too bad all of his haters will keep saying he has nobody else when he leads the league in double doubles again. Lee is a BEAST :pimp:

WOW. Warriors got raped. Anthony Randolph has the potential to be the PF version of prime Tracy Macgrady.

Azubuike is great for the dantoni system. Turiaf is trash but still good trade for the Knicks

hawkfan
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM

Plus 1.

bdreason
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM

The Warriors are about to be under new ownership, and the new owner is interested in WINNING. The run n gun days are about to be over... and we are going to sign a guy who thrives in the run n gun system to a 5 year deal?

Doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, it doesn't make sense that the current owner would be looking to sign ANY long term deals (without moving another long term deal like Monta or Biedrins) in the process of selling the team.

Poodle
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
WOW. Warriors got raped. Anthony Randolph has the potential to be the PF version of prime Tracy Macgrady.

Azubuike is great for the dantoni system. Turiaf is trash but still good trade for the Knicks

yeah but he's a injury prone *****. i agree with Azubuike. Turiaf isn't terrible but not great either.

still think Lee is going to prove all of his haters/doubters wrong eventually....

MeLO MvP 15
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Unless we move Biedrins this is a terrible move.
Denver?

Reverend Hoops
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Randolph has the potential to be a 18 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals guy in New York.

Scary athletic frontcourt with Amare and Randolph.

R.I.P.
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
That would be a great deal for New York. If they can get Bron they will be sick to watch.

Bron
Azubuike
Gallinari
Amare
Randolph

People can hate on No D Antoni all they want, but for a start that are 55-60 wins right there with a young roster.

GOBB
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh no here we go with the "potential" talks. :sleeping

leopoldstotch
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
i like this SandT by the knicks.

sure they're losing a quality big man Lee, but they're getting 2 typical "d'antoni" guys in return. azubuike and randolph can be an instant part of the offense right away.

i'm actually excited about randolph finally getting a chance to show his full potential with the knicks. he can do a lot of damage in the east with his length.

New York Knicks
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
And still we have no PG. What good is signing a finisher (Amare), if there's no one to get him the ball. He can't create for himself efficiently. I would've rather the Knicks have kept Lee and sign some pieces around him than Amare.

creepingdeath
07-08-2010, 04:53 PM
If this is true: Great asset for the Warriors. **** the Eastern Conference and their team Diva, I wanna see what happens in the Western Conference! :rockon:

DuMa
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Whatever peices NY gets in return for David Lee is a great peice. I like how they have their insurance plans set if they dont get LeBron

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Anyone think this move is good enough to help them make a push at San Antonio's playoff spot?

rofl? Spurs will be 2-5 seed next year.

Suns and Jazz are the teams that have dropped off. Spurs have the same team, only more health, a new shooter, and getting another big man. Their team will be improved. . .and won 50 games last season with tons of injuries. I'm tired of dumb fans trashing SA. They're still one of the top 8 teams in the NBA easily. I have them ranked in the 4-6 area for power ranking right now.

Barely any teams have enough to say "We're better than SA". Lakers, Magic, Celtics (who I feel Spurs are equal to anyway). Arguably Portland with a chance to be better if Oden can stay healthy. Nobody else can say they're any better than "maybe equal under best circumstances".

leopoldstotch
possibly toney douglas? anyone think he's ready as a starter?

other than that, may as well get a well seasoned veteran like ridnour or blake.

HylianNightmare
LOL this is horible for golden state

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Btw, I told you newbs DLee was getting as much as Boozer if not more.

Someone was going to buckle.

bdreason
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
That would be a great deal for New York. If they can get Bron they will be sick to watch.

Bron
Azubuike
Gallinari
Amare
Randolph

People can hate on No D Antoni all they want, but for a start that are 55-60 wins right there with a young roster.

Randolph at center? I can tell you've never seen him play. Randolph can't guard the 4 or 5 position... that's his biggest problem. He gets pushed around like a little girl.

Poodle
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
rofl? Spurs will be 2-5 seed next year.

Suns and Jazz are the teams that have dropped off. Spurs have the same team, only more health, a new shooter, and getting another big man. Their team will be improved. . .and won 50 games last season with tons of injuries. I'm tired of dumb fans trashing SA. They're still one of the top 8 teams in the NBA easily. I have them ranked in the 4-6 area for power ranking right now.

Barely any teams have enough to say "We're better than SA". Lakers, Magic, Celtics (who I feel Spurs are equal to anyway). Arguably Portland with a chance to be better if Oden can stay healthy. Nobody else can say they're any better than "maybe equal under best circumstances".

i don't know about that. they looked pitiful without Ginobli taking over, even after Parker came back. Duncan is not a every game star anymore, and i don't see him getting any younger next year.

who knows they might come back with renewed vigor but i highly doubt it. its all on Manu :pimp:

Poodle
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
LOL this is horible for golden state

randolph has been hurt more often than he's played. nellie clearly doesn't like him considering his erratic PT even when he was healthy.

Azabuike is pretty good but then again GS's system will make most guards look good.

not to mention Lee is a beast :pimp:

bsyde82
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
yeah but he's a injury prone *****. i agree with Azubuike. Turiaf isn't terrible but not great either.

still think Lee is going to prove all of his haters/doubters wrong eventually....

You seem to be a big David Lee fan. Im a GSW fan, and I really don't know much about David Lee's game...just wondering if it'll compliment biedrins at the 5. can he hit midrange J's?

Also, warriors have a gaping hole at the 3 if buke goes to the knicks, or am I not thinking of someone? don't say morrow either...

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
i don't know about that. they looked pitiful without Ginobli taking over, even after Parker came back. Duncan is not a every game star anymore, and i don't see him getting any younger next year.

who knows they might come back with renewed vigor but i highly doubt it. its all on Manu :pimp:

Ginobili
Parker
Duncan
Hill
Blair
McDyess
Anderson

And possibly. . .

Splitter
Shaq

Name more than 2-3 teams with a better roster than that. That team is beast as hell. Even with aging Duncan. All they need is Parker and Ginobili to stay healthy and they will win high 50's next season. They will win 60'+ if they get both Splitter and Shaq.

When a supposed "aging team" that is rocked with injuries to all their key players all season wins 50 games and knocks off the 2nd seed without home court is a hell of an accomplishment.

R.I.P.
07-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Randolph at center? I can tell you've never seen him play. Randolph can't guard the 4 or 5 position... that's his biggest problem. He gets pushed around like a little girl.

I didn

fatboy11
07-08-2010, 05:05 PM

Someone was going to buckle.80 million > 65 million.

You lose.

Poodle
You seem to be a big David Lee fan. Im a GSW fan, and I really don't know much about David Lee's game...just wondering if it'll compliment biedrins at the 5. can he hit midrange J's?

Also, warriors have a gaping hole at the 3 if buke goes to the knicks, or am I not thinking of someone? don't say morrow either...

i honestly think lee gets underrated because he has white boy game. he's not super athletic, flashy, or any of that. he's just VERY consistent in everything he does, and probably has one of the best mid range shots in the game with excellent finishing capabilities, even for being undersized against freaks at C.

he'd probably be better at PF with Biedrins playing C. but Biedrins looked horrible last year, and needs to get his rhythm back. i know Biedrins is good tho ii've seen it, and i know he was coming off a lot of time from injury where he looked so bad.

whats wrong with Morrow? i agree he's a terrible defender and sort of lazy, but he's a hell of a streak shooter. they just need a better go to, instead of just feeding it to their guards all of the time who chuck it. they had no bigs to rely on last year but i think Morrow could be better if he wasn't so emphasized like he was between all of the injuries they had, and no bigs.

Kujo
Knicks finally make a good a trade. Randolph, if he stays healthy, could finally have his breakout season. Great deal if this goes down.

Nets fan 93
07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Randolph is a beast nice trade for NYC

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
80 million > 65 million.

You lose.

Boozer > Lee first of all, so of course he gets more.

Also, that's only 3m a year difference. Everyone said some team is gonna get Lee cheap for some crap like 8-10m since Boozer just signed. I told them he would be getting 12-13m a year anyway.

Now he's getting 13m.

Predicted perfectly. I win.

Poodle
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Ginobili
Parker
Duncan
Hill
Blair
McDyess
Anderson

And possibly. . .

Splitter
Shaq

Name more than 2-3 teams with a better roster than that. That team is beast as hell. Even with aging Duncan. All they need is Parker and Ginobili to stay healthy and they will win high 50's next season. They will win 60'+ if they get both Splitter and Shaq.

When a supposed "aging team" that is rocked with injuries to all their key players all season wins 50 games and knocks off the 2nd seed without home court is a hell of an accomplishment.

Duncan and Manu were fine last year for the most part. the only big injury they had was TP which worked out for the better since Manu finally got to run the show and prove how much of a beast he is.

Blair is overrated. Mcdyess is extremely inconsistent. Duncan is getting older and older, and only played like the HoF Duncan like 1 out of every 3 games. i think Shaq will help especially on the boards where they got dominated by size some games, but i don't see them being much better. if anything they overacheived last year but thats due to Manu playing like the best guard in the league the 2nd half of last season.

bsyde82
07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
i honestly think lee gets underrated because he has white boy game. he's not super athletic, flashy, or any of that. he's just VERY consistent in everything he does, and probably has one of the best mid range shots in the game with excellent finishing capabilities, even for being undersized against freaks at C.

he'd probably be better at PF with Biedrins playing C. but Biedrins looked horrible last year, and needs to get his rhythm back. i know Biedrins is good tho ii've seen it, and i know he was coming off a lot of time from injury where he looked so bad.

whats wrong with Morrow? i agree he's a terrible defender and sort of lazy, but he's a hell of a streak shooter. they just need a better go to, instead of just feeding it to their guards all of the time who chuck it. they had no bigs to rely on last year but i think Morrow could be better if he wasn't so emphasized like he was between all of the injuries they had, and no bigs.

Nah I like Morrow a lot actually, but he's a SG to me. He does not have the size/bulk to play the 3. I mean, I guess it could work in the sense that playing players out of position is a GSW specialty, but man, the w's gonna be severely undersized at the 1-3 positions yet again. And yea, at this point, he doesn't bring too much to the table other than his deadly spot up 3 point shooting.

From the sound of it, Lee sounds like a 4 anyways. I'm confident Biedrins can come back to form after he heals and the warriors rid themselves of nellie who was reported to have tensions with Biedrins...not surprising.

fatboy11
07-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Boozer > Lee first of all, so of course he gets more.

Also, that's only 3m a year difference. Everyone said some team is gonna get Lee cheap for some crap like 8-10m since Boozer just signed. I told them he would be getting 12-13m a year anyway.

Now he's getting 13m.

Predicted perfectly. I win.You said, and I quote....

Someone was going to buckle.

And neither are true.

You are factually wrong. 3 million more a year is like the salary for a good veteran role player. Times 5. 15 million dollars. You lose, bro. Your prediction wasn't perfect at all.

b4ball
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
The Warriors are about to be under new ownership, and the new owner is interested in WINNING. The run n gun days are about to be over... and we are going to sign a guy who thrives in the run n gun system to a 5 year deal?

That says it best. Very good observation.

Poodle
07-08-2010, 05:16 PM
That says it best. Very good observation.

considering they have monta and curry still, i don't know why they would be switching away from run and gun. those guys excel in that system.

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Duncan and Manu were fine last year for the most part. the only big injury they had was TP which worked out for the better since Manu finally got to run the show and prove how much of a beast he is.

Blair is overrated. Mcdyess is extremely inconsistent. Duncan is getting older and older, and only played like the HoF Duncan like 1 out of every 3 games. i think Shaq will help especially on the boards where they got dominated by size some games, but i don't see them being much better. if anything they overacheived last year but thats due to Manu playing like the best guard in the league the 2nd half of last season.

Their big three missed LOT of games, and were playing injured through at least 1/3rd of the games they did play. You're obviously not very up to date on the Spurs. . .Even when Manu was playing late last year, he was still recovering from injury. I watched every Spurs game last year. . .trust me, they had injury issues all year long.

Also, Blair is not overrated. He had multiple games of 20+ points and 20+ rebounds last year. As a rookie! How is that overrated??? He's extremely good. He's just not a star player. ..and of course, nobody says he is one.

I agree on McDyess being inconsistent. But he's still a hell of a player to come off the bench, you have to admit that.

Parker also played through plantar fasciitis for dozens of games last season.

Everyone claimed the Celtics sucked balls and were too old, that the Spurs sucked. . .each team won 50+ games, Celtics made the finals. . .dude if SA was in the east they'd be 2-3 seed last year and possibly have gotten to the finals.

Trust me, never count out the Spurs as long as they still have those three, + are adding pieces intelligently each year, unlike the Cavs.

Poodle
07-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Their big three missed LOT of games, and were playing injured through at least 1/3rd of the games they did play. You're obviously not very up to date on the Spurs. . .Even when Manu was playing late last year, he was still recovering from injury. I watched every Spurs game last year. . .trust me, they had injury issues all year long.

Also, Blair is not overrated. He had multiple games of 20+ points and 20+ rebounds last year. As a rookie! How is that overrated??? He's extremely good. He's just not a star player. ..and of course, nobody says he is one.

I agree on McDyess being inconsistent. But he's still a hell of a player to come off the bench, you have to admit that.

Parker also played through plantar fasciitis for dozens of games last season.

Everyone claimed the Celtics sucked balls and were too old, that the Spurs sucked. . .each team won 50+ games, Celtics made the finals. . .dude if SA was in the east they'd be 2-3 seed last year and possibly have gotten to the finals.

Trust me, never count out the Spurs as long as they still have those three, + are adding pieces intelligently each year, unlike the Cavs.

actually i posted in most of the Spurs game threads when the games were going on, and many of the spurs related threads last year. they were actually my favorite team to watch throughout the whole 2nd half of last year due to Manu.

if they were hurt they were minor injuries. only serious injury was TP's.

Blair is undersized. he'd have those monster games once in a blue moon, and it was clearly based on the matchups. but as far as regularity he IS overrated, he just can't handle the height mismatches. people think too highly of him due to the rookie game, and those few and far between stat blow ups.

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
You are factually wrong. 3 million more a year is like the salary for a good veteran role player. Times 5. 15 million dollars. You lose, bro. Your prediction wasn't perfect at all.

It was a figure of speech. Boozer was first assumed to be getting 13m. Hence, "DLee is going to be getting just as much". Later, it was reported Boozer was going to get a 5 year 80m deal.

We talked about right after Boozer signed, and I perfectly predicted the 12-13m a year salary for DLee after people stupidly started claiming some team was going to get Lee for 8m a year.

Perectly predicted to the dollar.

Veteran role players don't get 3m, they get like 5m. A crappy 3m a year player isn't going to make the Warriors any better when they have a low defense 13m a year PF as their key FA pickup. A PF who's completely unproven in the playoffs, and has never played for a high win team ever.

What 3m a year player could the Bulls possibly add with DLee that would be better than just Boozer?

That's what I thought.

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
actually i posted in most of the Spurs game threads when the games were going on, and many of the spurs related threads last year. they were actually my favorite team to watch throughout the whole 2nd half of last year due to Manu.

if they were hurt they were minor injuries. only serious injury was TP's.

Blair is undersized. he'd have those monster games once in a blue moon, and it was clearly based on the matchups. but as far as regularity he IS overrated, he just can't handle the height mismatches. people think too highly of him due to the rookie game, and those few and far between stat blow ups.

Everyone knows he's undersized. He's never touted as some huge player who's goign to bomb on people defensively with his "huge size". He's known as an energy player off the bench who can grab a lot of boards and scrap for balls.

I don't see how that makes him "overrated". I haven't seen anyone rate him as any more than a high energy player who's capable of big games.

Kobe Jnr
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Espn are saying, if the trade goes through.. Lee would get 6 years/80 million...

kentatm
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Ford By Chad Ford
Archive
LeBron James and David Lee are the last of the top uncommitted free agents on our Top Free Agent list.

Once LeBron announces his intentions tonight at 9 p.m. on ESPN, Lee should know pretty quickly where he'll land.

League sources tell me that the Warriors are in the lead to land Lee in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks if New York doesn't win the LeBron Lottery tonight.

However, Lee's agent Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com on Thursday that reports out of the Bay Area newspapers that a deal with Golden State is done are premature. "There are a million things going on right now," Bartelstein said. "We are still talking to five different teams about different scenarios. David hasn't made up his mind and nothing has been agreed to. I'm not sure where all of this stuff is coming from."

The proposed deal, according to sources, would send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others. The deal was first reported by Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times.

Lee is expected to get a 6 year, $80 million dollar deal from the Warriors in the sign-and-trade.

Knicks GM Donnie Walsh has coveted Randolph for years and feels he'd give them another long, athletic forward to pair with Amare Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari in the front court.

If the Knicks do land LeBron tonight, they'll have to renounce their rights to Lee in order to fit in LeBron under the cap. That will kill any chances of a sign-and-trade.

A number of other teams including the Raptors, Suns, Timberwolves and Nets have made pitches to Lee in the past several days. The Knicks are also engaged in numerous trade talks at the moment and could still decide to go in another direction as well.

so it is Boozer money...

fatboy11
07-08-2010, 05:37 PM
It was a figure of speech. Boozer was first assumed to be getting 13m. Hence, "DLee is going to be getting just as much". Later, it was reported Boozer was going to get a 5 year 80m deal.

We talked about right after Boozer signed, and I perfectly predicted the 12-13m a year salary for DLee after people stupidly started claiming some team was going to get Lee for 8m a year.

Veteran role players don't get 3m, they get like 5m. A crappy 3m a year player isn't going to make the Warriors any better when they have a low defense 13m a year PF as their key FA pickup. A PF who's completely unproven in the playoffs, and has never played for a high win team ever.

What 3m a year player could the Bulls possibly add with DLee that would be better than just Boozer?

That's what I thought.
All I have to go on is what you're posted here in this thread. I don't see any perfect predictions. If you said that, great. I don't see it, though. So, based the post I quoted from you, you were wrong.

Players making 3 million or less
Glen Davis
Jamario Moon
Anthony Parker
Leon Powe
J.J. Barea
Chris Wilcox
Anthony Morrow
Kelenna Azubuike
Chuck Hayes
Luis Scola
Dahntay Jones
Solomon Jones
Ersan Ilyasova
Thabo Sefolosha
Matt Barnes
Grant Hill
Carl Landry
Ronnie Price
Wes Matthews
Andray Blatche

None of those guys are on rookie deals. I made sure not to use those players. A few guys might make a shade over 3 mill. And don't come in here nit picking about who isn't a good role player on the list. My point is simply that for 3 million a year, you can get a good role player. Yes, some role players make more. That isn't my point. My point is that you're trying to down play 15 million dollars over 5 years like it's nothing. It's not.

"That's what I thought." Who do you think are? Seriously. Give me a break, kid.

fatboy11
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM

That's what I thought.Well, are you correct now or not? Because he's getting 80 million, it appears.

So which of your predictions are you claiming? The 13 million a year or the "as much, if not more"?

Baby_D
07-08-2010, 05:49 PM
So what is the warriors line up with that?

Starters
Curry
Ellis
Reggie Williams??
Lee
Biedrins

Bench
Watson
Morrow
Wright
Tolliver
Hunter
Radmanovic
Udoh

Damn thats uninspiring :ohwell:

Bigsmoke
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
So what is the warriors line up with that?

Starters
Curry
Ellis
Reggie Williams??
Lee
Biedrins

Bench
Watson
Morrow
Wright
Tolliver
Hunter
Radmanovic
Udoh

Damn thats uninspiring :ohwell:

the might improve by 10 wins

Brujesino
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
so it is Boozer money...
80 mill?

hell no i swear to god they better not do this:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bagelred
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Lee for 65 million is a bargain.
:lol

DStebb716
07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others.

LOVE the deal as a Knick fan. I really wanted Anthony Randolph, and Azubuike is a nice piece off the bench.

SleepyCorpse
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
nice get a amazing prospect in Randolph for basically nothing.

DStebb716
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Instead of opening up a new thread: What free agents do Knicks fans hope the Knicks go after now?

A few names I like, including some role players:
Josh Childress, Dorell Wright, JJ Reddick.

It should also be added that I am a firm believer that Toney Douglas will become a very solid NBA point guard.

Captain Kirk
I love this trade for the Warriors. Lee is a beast.

shafir
Why didn't we trade for Monta Ellis over Anthony Randolph?

bagelred
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM

Because Randolph makes no money. This will keep cap space open for 2011.

DStebb716
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Scorer with a very bad contract that CAN'T play the point but will be forced to or an AMAZING center/power forward prospect that won't take much cap space?

qrich
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Damnit, was hoping Clippers would make a move for azu

bagelred
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Only downside is Turiaf's contract extends to next year.

Here we go again........

I like because we get rid of Ronny Turiaf? :confusedshrug:

DStebb716
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I love this trade for the Warriors. Lee is a beast.

I think this is an incredible deal for both teams.

novocaine
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I really like this trade. Love Lee

Bano114
07-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Here we go again........

Jared Jeffries 2.0. :cry:

bagelred
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Jared Jeffries 2.0. :cry:

I know. Say goodbye 2014 #1 draft pick.

DStebb716
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
What free agents do Knick fans want them to go after?
I would love to see Josh Childress in a Knick jersey. I might just be a big fan of his afro, but his game is pretty good too.

D-Rose
I like this trade for both teams...does NY play Randolph at the 4 and Amare at the 5?

SinJackal
Well, are you correct now or not? Because he's getting 80 million, it appears.

So which of your predictions are you claiming? The 13 million a year or the "as much, if not more"?

At first, it was assumed Boozer would be getting 12-13m, hence I said "DLee is going to be getting just as much, if not more", as I assumed he'd be getting 12-13m to begin with.

That's what I was right about. But since later, Boozer was reported to be getting 16m. . .obviously I wouldn't have expected Lee to get THAT kinda money, just the 12-13. ^_^

All I have to go on is what you're posted here in this thread. I don't see any perfect predictions. If you said that, great. I don't see it, though. So, based the post I quoted from you, you were wrong.

Players making 3 million or less
Glen Davis
Jamario Moon
Anthony Parker
Leon Powe
J.J. Barea
Chris Wilcox
Anthony Morrow
Kelenna Azubuike
Chuck Hayes
Luis Scola
Dahntay Jones
Solomon Jones
Ersan Ilyasova
Thabo Sefolosha
Matt Barnes
Grant Hill
Carl Landry
Ronnie Price
Wes Matthews
Andray Blatche

None of those guys are on rookie deals. I made sure not to use those players. A few guys might make a shade over 3 mill. And don't come in here nit picking about who isn't a good role player on the list. My point is simply that for 3 million a year, you can get a good role player. Yes, some role players make more. That isn't my point. My point is that you're trying to down play 15 million dollars over 5 years like it's nothing. It's not.

"That's what I thought." Who do you think are? Seriously. Give me a break, kid.

Every good player on that list will be getting far more than 3m a year. The only reason they were getting sub 3m is because they have only been in the league for 1-3 years before they signed their deals that have expired recenty. Everyone good on there will be getting 5-6m. Some of them will be getting the same or less, but they're lesser players.

In the end, you're bemoaning the signing of Boozer being "worse" than the signing of Lee. However, Boozer is a better PF. the production he brings is more valuble than having an extra bench guy that is not really needed for the Bulls. They already have not only enough players, but a good bench, and another 18-19 million in cap space left anyway. Another 3m and a lesser PF is not at all a better situation.

omarnyc
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
jj reddick, we need a shooter

ALBballer
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Here we go again........

Turiaf should be easy to unload. He's making around 4 mill.

niko
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Did it occur that it got stickied?

brooks_thompson
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
i can't believe he only got $65 million. where has this guy's agent been?

AMISTILLILL
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
At first, it was assumed Boozer would be getting 12-13m, hence I said "DLee is going to be getting just as much, if not more", as I assumed he'd be getting 12-13m to begin with.

That's what I was right about. But since later, Boozer was reported to be getting 16m. . .obviously I wouldn't have expected Lee to get THAT kinda money, just the 12-13. ^_^

Every good player on that list will be getting far more than 3m a year. The only reason they were getting sub 3m is because they have only been in the league for 1-3 years before they signed their deals that have expired recenty. Everyone good on there will be getting 5-6m. Some of them will be getting the same or less, but they're lesser players.

In the end, you're bemoaning the signing of Boozer being "worse" than the signing of Lee. However, Boozer is a better PF. the production he brings is more valuble than having an extra bench guy that is not really needed for the Bulls. They already have not only enough players, but a good bench, and another 18-19 million in cap space left anyway. Another 3m and a lesser PF is not at all a better situation.

I've noticed you really like the word "bemoaning".

Rameek
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Lee got 6 years 80 mill.

I hope the Knicks not only get those 3 but I want CJ Watson and Wright as well.

There is no need to dump Turiaf he is a keeper. The Knicks team is looking sexy right now if they get CJ and Wright as well.

As mentioned by Knickballer in the Knicks forum JJ Reddick is the next must add!

Rameek
07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
The Knicks also got the Jerome Jordan from the Bucks for cash considerations man the Knicks team is looking better and better!

Melo 2011!

DStebb716
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM
The Knicks also got the Jerome Jordan from the Bucks for cash considerations man the Knicks team is looking better and better!

Melo 2011!

You're overreacting to a second rounder here. Rautins and Jordan have a shot at being in the rotation, but Rautins will be the only one that can make an impact with his 3-point shooting.

Anthony Randolph will make this team better, but the other guys coming in from GS are just role players (which ALWAYS help out teams, but they need more than role players).

brooks_thompson
07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
the great danton never plays more than 8 guys anyway

bagelred
07-08-2010, 11:12 PM
So what position does Randolph play? Dude is so skinny.

Amare C
Gallinari PF
Randolph SF
Chandler SG
Douglas PG

I think the Knicks are gonna make a move for Ridnour.

SinJackal
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I've noticed you really like the word "bemoaning".

I think I've only used it 3 times ever on this forum, but true enough. . .I do like to mix it up and use different than usual words when I post. ^_^

DaniloGallinari
07-08-2010, 11:22 PM
So what position does Randolph play? Dude is so skinny.

Amare C
Gallinari PF
Randolph SF
Chandler SG
Douglas PG

I think the Knicks are gonna make a move for Ridnour.

Word is out that Randolph has grown and is around 7 feet now, and over 235 lbs.

Rameek
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
You're overreacting to a second rounder here. Rautins and Jordan have a shot at being in the rotation, but Rautins will be the only one that can make an impact with his 3-point shooting.

Anthony Randolph will make this team better, but the other guys coming in from GS are just role players (which ALWAYS help out teams, but they need more than role players).
I wasnt reacting to Jerome Jordan I am reacting to the possiblity that the Knicks with this Lee trade acquired some good young players...

Hopefully the others will be these guys CJ Watson (PG/SG), Brandon Wright (F), Radmonivic (expirer)

Kaz (SG/SF), Randolph (F), Turiaf (C/PF)... all good players with potential.

Rautins (SG), Landry (SF), Jordan (C) 2d rounders who knows but depth

Toney Douglas (PG/SG), Chandler (SG/SF), Walker (SG/SF), Gallo (F), Amare (C/PF)

This overall picture is what makes me excited and the Knicks are still in play for Summer 2011.

OneMoreSucka
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Raymond Felton

niko
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Raymond Felton
too expensive, too many years.

Rameek
07-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I think its official just Randolph Turiaf Kaz...

So its Ridnour time.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
So.....eddie house?

bagelred
07-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Knicks should overpay Ridnour for a 1 year deal, with an option in Year 2. See if they can maintain 2011 cap space.

Carmelo baby!!!! :cheers:

Amare-Carmelo-Parker > LebronWadeBosh

bagelred
07-09-2010, 12:04 AM
So.....eddie house?

No way. I hate Eddie House. He is awful.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Rafer Alston?

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 12:05 AM
JR Giddens?

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
SRS Skip 2 my lou amd Amare in the pick n roll CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!

bagelred
07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
JR Giddens?

You really know how to push a guys buttons. :rant

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 12:14 AM
You really know how to push a guys buttons. :rant

:oldlol: God that guy sucked.

DaniloGallinari
07-09-2010, 12:22 AM
We need a PG. Frank Williams anyone?

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 01:09 AM
:oldlol: God that guy sucked.
Yeah holy sh.it he sucked. I don't remember him being that bad in college.

DaniloGallinari
07-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Golden State Warriors: Do Not Trade Anthony Randolph!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/404389-golden-state-warriors-do-not-trade-anthony-randolph

crisoner
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Randolph is gunna be sick in NY.

BC Eagle
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Lee is going to be an animal in Nelly Ball...

bdreason
07-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Terrible signing. Nelly is gone after next season, and so is his run n gun (more like run n lose) system. Now we're stuck with an undersized guy with inflated stats for 5 years.

I have no doubt that Lee will put up big numbers like he did last year in NY... but it won't translate to wins. We need to get rid of long contracts for new ownership... not acquire more.

hawkfan
07-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Maybe the Knicks will now re-up Al Harrington for say 1 year, $8 million to play alongside Amare.

He's pretty much the best that there is out there.

Brujesino
07-09-2010, 03:05 AM
Is it really for 80 mill?

Another stupid move by the warriors management:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

and to think i was glad we didnt have cap room to overpay a free agent this offseason the warriors managment kicked me in the ass and did this.

80 mill??!?!?!??!?!?! for david lee?

:rant

bluechox
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
knicks dont need harrington
gallo and randolph are gonna improve big time next season with a sabilizing force of amare. we just gotta get a decent point guard who can shoot

lebron who?

jlawdrummer
07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I know. Say goodbye 2014 #1 draft pick.

Come on guys. Turiaf actually will be wanted by other teams, if we try to trade him out. And he makes "just" about 4 million both years, instead of the 6 mil JJ made. He's a very nice defensive presence with pretty legit size.

Definitely a better piece than Jeffries ever was. Plus, who knows, maybe even with him being here next year, we might still have enough cap once Curry comes off the books. Leave it to Donnie, everything will be alright.

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Come on guys. Turiaf actually will be wanted by other teams, if we try to trade him out. And he makes "just" about 4 million both years, instead of the 6 mil JJ made. He's a very nice defensive presence with pretty legit size.

Definitely a better piece than Jeffries ever was. Plus, who knows, maybe even with him being here next year, we might still have enough cap once Curry comes off the books. Leave it to Donnie, everything will be alright.

If Turiaf can make wide open looks under the basket he's already 1000x the player Jared Jeffries is. No matter what his contract looks like.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 08:47 AM
so true.

brooks_thompson
07-09-2010, 09:27 AM

donnie just quit, turned in his wings.

BC Eagle
07-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Warrior fans, don't dismiss Lee. He will be a consistent double-double guy for you and he has a non-stop motor, along with a tremendous work ethic. He has been the most consistent player on the Knicks roster over the last three years, and will offer you the same traits he brought to the NYK.

While he lacks the oomph that Wade, James, Bosh and Amar'e brought, in my opinion he was one of the top ten free agents in this class. Getting him was a good haul for you guys.

Also, I'm liking what New York was able to get in return. I see D'Antoni using Randolph much along the same lines he used Shawn Marion, who was at his absolute best under D's watch. D'Antoni will bring out the best in Randolph, and his system is a perfect fit for Randolph's skill set. Azibuke (sic) is solid as they come, and Turiaf will bring a very nice defensive presence off the bench.

It was a good trade for both teams, in my opinion.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
So.....Redick?

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
So.....Redick?

I like him, depends on the money we need to throw at him. We are stacked at the two with Bill Walker, Kelenna Azubuike, Andy Rautins and even Wilson Chandler sometimes plays shooting guard. We need to focus on a point guard.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I say rent Rafer Alston this year and make a play for Tony Parker next year

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I say rent Rafer Alston this year and make a play for Tony Parker next year

Rafer wants to be a Knick and we could probably get him for the veteran minimum so I don't see negatives. We only have Toney at the one.

Bird
07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Lee is going to be an animal in Nelly Ball...

As a huge David Lee fan, I feel the exact same way.

I could easily see him being the 2nd offensive option in GS (yes, over Monta) and wouldn't doubt that he continues to put up anywhere in the region of 18+ ppg and 11+ rebounds per game, especially with how many rebounds will be available in GS.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM
he will fit in great because he doesn't play a lick of defense. He was one of my favorite players in NY but I couldn't stand his non-existent defense.

He will bring you a nice midrange game, rebounding and energy. He isn't worth the $80,000,000 contract tho. I am happy that we'll finally see some defense in NY.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
As a huge David Lee fan, I feel the exact same way.

I could easily see him being the 2nd offensive option in GS (yes, over Monta) and wouldn't doubt that he continues to put up anywhere in the region of 18+ ppg and 11+ rebounds per game, especially with how many rebounds will be available in GS.
Won't be as many as in NY if Biedrins doesn't get traded

D-Rose
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
In other NYK news....

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Knicks close to signing pg Raymond Felton to multi-year deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM
In other NYK news....

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Gross

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
please don't overpay him.
please don't overpay him.

seriously, don't.

HisJoeness
07-09-2010, 09:38 PM

David Lee is very athletic.

2LeTTeRS
07-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Raymond Felton

What do New Yorkers think of Felton now that all signs indicate that he'll be a Knick next year? He should definitely be an upgrade to anything the Knicks had last year at the point.

1manfastbreak
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
why are all you warrior fans whining about this deal? Ill miss Anthony Randolph as much as anyone but he still has a lot to prove in the league.. he can't even get through a whole season without getting injured. We just got a legit 20-10 player and this is not a good move? LOL David Lee is going to be a god damn ANIMAL out there on the boards, something that we did not have last year. If Biedrins plays like he did pre injury, the Warriors have a very good front court. Someone said he will be the second option over Monta.. i dont really see that happening because all monta is there for is to score, but Lee FINALLY gives the warriors a low post scoring presence. i like the move.

OneMoreSucka
07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
What do New Yorkers think of Felton now that all signs indicate that he'll be a Knick next year? He should definitely be an upgrade to anything the Knicks had last year at the point.
I like him, I don't think many others do though. Him and Amare are going to have the Garden electric

The deal is officially 2 year 15.8 million

Here's a video of him talking about joining the Knicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYv-OUfzRw&feature=player_embedded

NY-Knicks
07-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I like him, I don't think many others do though. Him and Amare are going to have the Garden electric

The deal is officially 2 year 15.8 million

Here's a video of him talking about joining the Knicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYv-OUfzRw&feature=player_embedded

A two year deal ain't bad. I hope he gets most of the money this season so we will have enough money to sign a max free agent in 2011.

Maga_1
07-10-2010, 06:14 PM
How will be the starter SF for the GSW?

1manfastbreak
07-10-2010, 06:22 PM
How will be the starter SF for the GSW?

my guess is Reggie Williams, wouldnt be surprised if the warriors try to acquire some players at the SF pos

Maga_1
07-10-2010, 06:25 PM
my guess is Reggie Williams, wouldnt be surprised if the warriors try to acquire some players at the SF pos

Wright is coming to Golden State, i didn't knew .. and i still preffer Williams .

HisJoeness
07-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Who the hell is he??

QuebecBaller
07-11-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.memphisflyer.com/images/blogimages/2009/06/27/1246163125-knicks_lee_070829.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_INBrALEFjqM/R77exyP0X9I/AAAAAAAAA3g/XBU8X7YAxJc/s400/Andris_Biedrins_NBA_Wallpaper.jpg

White Power frontcourt

DaniloGallinari
07-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Except Biedrins isn't white.

QuebecBaller
07-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Wtf? Do you think he's black?

04mzwach
07-11-2010, 03:11 PM
:roll:

QuebecBaller
07-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I guess he will reply something like this : he's not white, he's European
:banghead:

DaniloGallinari
07-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Latvian. Why is that black people get African-American, but all light skinned people get white? Racism at its finest. Only in America.

He is Eastern European, period.

OneMoreSucka
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Latvian. Why is that black people get African-American, but all light skinned people get white? Racism at its finest. Only in America.

He is Eastern European, period.
Just because you don't know the difference between race and ethnicity doesn't mean we're racist.

This type of shit happens at least a few times a year. He's white.

mattevans11
07-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Just because you don't know the difference between race and ethnicity doesn't mean we're racist.

white without a doubt..... hahaha at racism.....

Brujesino
07-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Hes Latvian you racists.

mattevans11
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Hes Latvian you racists.

white is a color....... right?

i never seen a crayon that was labeled Latvian in the crayola boxes...

QuebecBaller
07-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Since most people agree that Biedrins is white (which he is), who were the latest good white frontcourt? :confusedshrug:

DaniloGallinari
07-11-2010, 05:14 PM
So then why are blacks labeled as African American?

People are starting to see their mistakes though. I've seen more European-American labels online and on other different forms, so it's a work in progress.

But to label people just because of their color? Just another racist American hobby.

Race and ethnicity my ass. African can be used to describe someone from Africa. Africa is a continent.

He's not white.

OneMoreSucka
07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
He's white.

DaniloGallinari
07-11-2010, 05:26 PM
He's white.

He's white.

mattevans11
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
So then why are blacks labeled as African American?

People are starting to see their mistakes though. I've seen more European-American labels online and on other different forms, so it's a work in progress.

But to label people just because of their color? Just another racist American hobby.

Race and ethnicity my ass. African can be used to describe someone from Africa. Africa is a continent.

He's not white.

Show his picture to someone that does not know who he is and ask them what color is he..... and you will get "white" 100% of the time.

dont give me this and that about african americans- they are black (as a color), i am white and my wife is brown.

those are the three spectrums of color. of course there are many types of black and many types of browns, but for the most part those are the three colors. (asians have been called yellow, but that is the only 4th that i can see anyone arguing for)

the racist part of this is whoever asked about the last two white bigs that have started in the NBA...... who cares about that shlit...... but as far as color of AB.... i stand by white.

bdreason
07-20-2010, 06:15 PM
David Lee already hurt. Dislocated finger practicing for Team USA. Our 1st round pick is also out 6 months... but he's going to be a bust anyway so who cares.

DaniloGallinari
07-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Lee is fine. His right hand, and he was practicing afterward.