PDA

View Full Version : Clleveland Reporter Promising Ugly Details of "break up" to Come Out

sixer6ad
07-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Wonder if LBJ ever imagined how bad we'd be? A Cleveland reporter just mentioned on the radio that some "serious skeletons" would be coming out of the closet. He wasn't talking about just these negotiations, but also about the last 7 years of enabling LBJ and his friends and family. This could get really ugly.

RainierBeachPoet
07-08-2010, 11:57 PM
bring it on--- this will be some GOOD drama!

Court Vision
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Yawn.

I can't wait this fiasco to blow over so the city of Cleveland can be swept under the rug and fade back into obscurity.

G-train
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM
pathetic

G-train
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Yawn.

I can't wait this fiasco to blow over so the city of Cleveland can be swept under the rug and fade back into obscurity.

truth

jbryan1984
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
lol i feel like i am in high school again. there is ridicuclous.

InspiredLebowski
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
This shit's going to make the league a laughing stock, we're getting WWF storylines now

ReturnofJPR
07-09-2010, 12:06 AM
pathetic

You're pathetic. Cleveland ROCKS!

http://www.bangitout.com/uploads/90drew_l.jpg

Meticode
07-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Yawn.

So you want the city to fold and fail?

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I hope the Cavs enjoy LeBron dropping 50 on them every time he comes by the Q.

If they thought Jordan had a vendetta against them ...

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Well, LeWadesB*tch is going to have a lot of backlash. Understandably so....

Funnyfuka
you are ridicuclous too.

OneMoreSucka
I hope the Cavs enjoy LeBron dropping 50 on them every time he comes by the Q.

If they thought Jordan had a vendetta against them ...
I'll be surprised if he even has the balls to step on the court in Cleveland.

Court Vision
07-09-2010, 12:11 AM
So you want the city to fold and fail?
Hasn't it already?

Kujo
07-09-2010, 12:12 AM
This gonna get real, real ugly. The rest of the summer should be fun.

DuMa
07-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Stay classy, Clevelanders. it hurts now but the sun will shine tommorow.

Showtime
07-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Hasn't it already?
Ouch. Harsh, but true.

LA_Showtime
07-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I'll be surprised if he even has the balls to step on the court in Cleveland.

LeBron will do the same thing KG did. He'll mysteriously get sick or turn his ankle. Of course, KG wanted to stay way because he knew Minny fans still loved him and didn't want to become too emotional; LeBron is going to stay away because he doesn't want to get shot.

sixer6ad
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
LeBron will do the same thing KG did. He'll mysteriously get sick or turn his ankle. Of course, KG wanted to stay way because he knew Minny fans still loved him and didn't want to become too emotional; LeBron is going to stay away because he doesn't want to get shot.

Not very proud of it, but we are ruthless when people leave and return. The entire Indians crowd threw monopoly money at Albert Belle. Boozer's return was ugly, so was Manny's.

LBJ could have come up with a game plan to avoid this. All of you on the outside need to understand what we have dealt with in being held hostage and then dumped on national tv. I understand the fact that you can't stand our city (even though a large percentage of you are simply repeating old statements - you've never even been here) and that our sentiments towards LBJ seem juvenile, but you are talking about a desperate sports population right now. He could have chosen a softer, more contrite manner to do this.

Maneva
07-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Not very proud of it, but we are ruthless when people leave and return. The entire Indians crowd threw monopoly money at Albert Belle. Boozer's return was ugly, so was Manny's.

LBJ could have come up with a game plan to avoid this. All of you on the outside need to understand what we have dealt with in being held hostage and then dumped on national tv. I understand the fact that you can't stand our city (even though a large percentage of you are simply repeating old statements - you've never even been here) and that our sentiments towards LBJ seem juvenile, but you are talking about a desperate sports population right now. He could have chosen a softer, more contrite manner to do this.

Exactly. LeBron chose a terrible way to go about this.

endandout
07-09-2010, 12:40 AM

Pu$$y

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 12:41 AM

We are on the same page, my friend.

I am that I am
07-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Haha I wonder if Lebron will throw his powder into the air before playing the Cavs XD

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Memo to NBA All-Stars: If you play for the Cavs long enough and leave them, the GM might just go public with any "dirty laundry" you have.

I'm sure that's going to have players running to Cleveland.

asdf1990
07-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Stay classy, Clevelanders. it hurts now but the sun will shine tommorow.

cavs are pretty much done for another decade. I hope they never get anyone good in the draft, they are ungrateful. Lebron gave the cavs the best 7 years the franchise has ever seen and ppl are responding by bitching and moaning.

playtetris
07-09-2010, 12:48 AM
cavs are pretty much done for another decade. I hope they never get anyone good in the draft, they are ungrateful. Lebron gave the cavs the best 7 years the franchise has ever seen and ppl are responding by bitching and moaning.

he did f*ck them over on espn in a one hour special. that's pretty ruthless, to be sure, to be sure

DonDadda59
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
We are on the same page, my friend.

You know, the funny thing is I figured Lebron was leaving after he couldn't convince Bosh to do a S&T to go to Cleveland. I had no idea how he would go about 'the decision' though. I was expecting him to announce where he was going and then thank the city, management, fans, etc sincerely and maybe even show a video montage or something along those lines (it shouldn't have been an attention-whoring event in the first place BTW).

But the whole thing turned into 'Lebron wants to do what will make Lebron happy, and Lebron is happy now' and 'I did great things for the city and the team'. Completely self indulgent and really insensitive to a fan base that's no stranger to some heart-wrenching shit.

If some sordid details about his time in CLE come out, he deserves it.

It'll be an even bigger hit to his marketability and bottom line than signing on to be DWade's lap dog.

sayitaintso
07-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Well, LeWadesB*tch is going to have a lot of backlash. Understandably so....

LeWadesB*tch, wtf? I feel sorry for the United States for these comments. President Obama, please apologized for these traitors who only love LeBron James if he played on their team. Otherwise, if you don't play with us, you're a coward, wah...wah...you don't want to play with wah wah us. We have seen how Cleveland has fallen the last two years...he'll be an idiot to come back to that. This is the same team that was going to spend $122 million on LeBron...he goes to play with other superstars for $30 million less and he gets this treatment. Christ. To Cleveland, your team was going to spend $122 million for this guy...you should have backed out of the LeBron sweepstakes a week ago saying this stupid shit...now you only look like sore losers. A team that would sign Larry Hughes five years ago to help LeBron. Larry freaking Hughes, lol.

SCdac
07-09-2010, 01:03 AM
the amount of attention this whole ordeal has brought to basketball is crazy... board couldn't even handle it lol... I could probably post this in any thread on the first page and it'd fit right in... not surprising since this is the very moment (many) basketball fans have been waiting for a couple of years... and it turned out to make some tidal waves.... As for OP, I can imagine the relationship between Lebron the Cavs in some way or another had gone sour... the details are bound to come out... and I can understand why cleveland fans, cleveland media, ownership, etc are pretty bitter.

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 01:04 AM

Either that or he'll drop 50 on them.

PP34Deuce
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
It could get ugly, because Cleveland did a lot of damage control for Lebron and entourage. I dont think anyone thinks Lebron is a poster good boy. Hes as much of a partier and ho as the typical nba player is.

Lebron basically has put himself in a zero tolerance level. He cant mess up at all. its easier to cover ur tracks in Cleveland, MIami is not working...

Rake2204
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I do not understand why so many people are so quick to discount Cleveland as a horrible, terrible place to live (LeBron James nonwithstanding). I can't tell if it's just an overused attempt at humor (a la "Oh you're going to Detroit? Watch out for bullets!") or truly just baseless assumptions. Many appear so hateful though.

sayitaintso
07-09-2010, 01:47 AM
It could get ugly, because Cleveland did a lot of damage control for Lebron and entourage. I dont think anyone thinks Lebron is a poster good boy. Hes as much of a partier and ho as the typical nba player is.

Lebron basically has put himself in a zero tolerance level. He cant mess up at all. its easier to cover ur tracks in Cleveland, MIami is not working...

And Cleveland was willing to pay $122 million to LeBron. **** them. Art Modell, you were right, Baltimore>Cleveland...NFL Champions 10 years ago.

NuggetsFan
07-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Cleveland is hilarious. It'd be better to act like it sucks but you'll bounce back. Instead you have the owner cursing James literally, fans burning jerseys, franchise threatening to air his dirty laundry. I guess when you realize your only chance at a title in the future and to stay relevant just took a flight to Miami.

Pretty stupid because you know LeBron is going to win the war. You can say whatever you want and the franchise can say all this bullshit but LeBron will still be one of the best in the game and most likely contending for a title while you try and make the playoffs. Doubt he cares much about Cleveland burning his jersey\mouthing him, he did just dump them on live tv :roll: :roll:

thesighter
07-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Cleveland fans, owner, franchise = 3rd world mentality and inferiority complex.
Without Lebron, Cleveland would be nowhere.

Go Getter
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM

Yeah because that title he brought them really helped out the economy and infused the city of Cleveland with pride....

Oh yeah....

AMISTILLILL
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
http://rpulvino.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/crying-285x300.jpg

http://thesportsreportgirl.com/BLOG%20PICS/Lebron%20smiling.jpg

SinJackal
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM

I hope you realize, all this bogus "great players help the economy" crap are always accompanied by really deceptive numbers. Sure the "overall economy" improved. . .mostly the Cavs' ownership's economy.

Some small businesses around the arena got more business, but that's really peanuts in the grand scheme.

Cleveland was poor before LBJ, poor when they had LBJ, and poor now that LBJ's gone. He had very little impact on their economy.

thesighter
07-09-2010, 02:10 AM
I hope you realize, all this bogus "great players help the economy" crap are always accompanied by really deceptive numbers. Sure the "overall economy" improved. . .mostly the Cavs' ownership's economy.

Some small businesses around the arena got more business, but that's really peanuts in the grand scheme.

Cleveland was poor before LBJ, poor when they had LBJ, and poor now that LBJ's gone. He had very little impact on their economy.

Dan Gilbert lost at least $100m today. No more Chinese investors. The impact is upon Gilbert's checkbook.

Kobe Jnr
07-09-2010, 02:23 AM
http://rpulvino.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/crying-285x300.jpg

http://thesportsreportgirl.com/BLOG%20PICS/Lebron%20smiling.jpg
:lol :lol

cavsfanatic
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
It's gone be fun times even after he drop 82 on us. They saying he would smash girls and take his own bag to put the condoms in lmao. Smart on his part if true

BC Eagle
07-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Why?

Right now, Cleveland is America's darling. Hardcores and casuals both are voicing sympathetic views towards the team and city for how James left them in the lurch.

Move on, take this as a motivation to put the best team you can on the court each night, and hope LeBron falls flat on his face in Miami. Airing dirty laundry is bush league and makes the team and city look like tools.

hawkfan
07-09-2010, 02:37 AM
If these skeletons were so bad, and he was such a bad guy, then why did they want him back?

So phony.

BC Eagle
07-09-2010, 02:39 AM
If these skeletons were so bad, and he was such a bad guy, then why did they want him back?

So phony.

Exactly.

If James was the quitter and the piece of garbage that these reports are leading us to believe, you should be CELEBRATING the fact that he's no longer your problem to deal with.

This just sounds like a teenager scorned.

cavsfanatic
07-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Exactly.

If James was the quitter and the piece of garbage that these reports are leading us to believe, you should be CELEBRATING the fact that he's no longer your problem to deal with.

This just sounds like a teenager scorned.
for a title.... i dont know of any bad things bron has done and i damn sure wouldnt have cared if he won us a ring.

Do Ravens fans care that Ray Lewis murdered somebody or do they care he got em a ring?

Do Yankees fans care that A-roid used roid's or that he got hot in the playoffs and got em a ring?

All bout the bling and we dont need the sympathy from anybody. they all happy inside

hawksdogsbraves
07-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Wow I understand that Cleveland had their hearts ripped out but they are acting really classless. I guess I could have seen this coming though.

If this gets ugly then I can't wait to see the Heat play in Cleveland next year. Lebron will score 70.

Shax
07-09-2010, 02:59 AM
I cannot believe how our owner responded to all of this. Crazed idiot fans, sure, but our damn owner has lost his mind too. :oldlol:

ginobli2311
07-09-2010, 03:04 AM
cleveland and gilbert come out of this looking awful.

i wish lebron had handled this better though. clearly he did this to stick it to the cavs and gilbert though. lebron knew what he was doing. i'd love to hear all the dirt come out. we all know about the west/bronmom rumors....but something else had to have happened during that celtics series.

the gilbert reaction is just beyond absurd. lebron took a 17 win team to the nba finals in his 4th year. he won 2 mvps and was the best player in the league or 2nd best for the last 5 years.

the cavs front office failed lebron from the get go. they lost boozer, the drafted poorly, the made poor decisions, they overpaid for hughes, and much more.

gilbert is a joke.....the funny thing is that everyone was ready to rally around cleveland and felt sorry for them. now lebron comes out of this looking like the good guy.....and after gilbert's letter....i want the cavs to win 5 games next year.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
All this is is proof that the teams and fans are as selfish as the players are said to be. They didnt and dont give a damn about this guy. They cared that he played basketball well. And now that he will do it elsewhere hes an asshole and always has been?

They go and air him out and they look no better than he does.

KG5MVP
07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
All this is is proof that the teams and fans are as selfish as the players are said to be. They didnt and dont give a damn about this guy. They cared that he played basketball well. And now that he will do it elsewhere hes an asshole and always has been?

exactly

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 03:13 AM

I did find it funny when LeBron said "you know in 10 years the Cavs could just trade me. Doesn't mean my family is going to burn Quicken Loans Arena down to the ground" :oldlol: :oldlol:

monkeypox
07-09-2010, 03:23 AM
The way he left, Cleveland has no obligation to hold on to his secrets anymore. Lol, it's amazing that people are actually GAINING respect for him after this debacle. I guess that's part of why athletes feel like they can act like this.

The real thing Cleveland fans should take note of is the fact that you guys made him like this. You enabled all his BS and you fed his ego. Now he decides to leave in the douchiest way possible, it's hard to feel bad for you guys when you were the ones defending every stupid thing he did.

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 03:38 AM
I hope Gilbert goes on a full-on drunken tirade on live TV tomorrow. I want details on LeBron's mom + Delonte. That's the only way this whole situation could get even better :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM

We're selfish because we would like a former sports icon in this city and state to have a semblance of humility and grace concerning his decision to leave? I don't think that Gilbert handled this thing correctly and he probably should have just been a no-comment tonight, sleep on it, and make a statement in the morning, but I also understand his anger and resentment.

This whole thing was handled horribly by James and Cleveland fans have a right to be outraged.

monkeypox
07-09-2010, 03:55 AM
We're selfish because we would like a former sports icon in this city and state to have a semblance of humility and grace concerning his decision to leave? I don't think that Gilbert handled this thing correctly and he probably should have just been a no-comment tonight, sleep on it, and make a statement in the morning, but I also understand his anger and resentment.

This whole thing was handled horribly by James and Cleveland fans have a right to be outraged.

I tend to agree. The treatment they gave to LeBron was a far cry from what LeBron gave back. I know some here think his only obligation was to play ball (I guess Gilbert would even take issue with that part of LeBron's obligation.) but I don't think that's the case. It's like saying the only obligation the fans have is to pay for their tickets. No, they're also expected to cheer and to be enthusiastic about their team and to care about the players. The cavs fans have done that in spades, and if these stories end up to be true they've maybe even gone too far with it. What LeBron gave back was pitiful, and the defense of his actions is equally pitiful. This isn't prostitution, it isn't just an exchange of money. We hear people on here constantly criticize certain arenas for being quiet and whatnot. Well guess what, under this same cold logic those fans bought their tickets and that's all they're obligated to do.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Lebron could have sent a hand written note stapled to a 20 dollar bill to every season ticket holder and his jersey would still burn.

Hes a dick but nobody looks good. Fans acting like asses, the owner acting like an ass about a guy who he would have fawned over had he stayed, and Lebron talking about how hard it was...during a one hour special making a big show of it.

They are all clowns. And now people are gonna out Lebron over shit they would have pretended never happened if he stayed? All these terrible things the world needs to know...but wouldnt have needed were he still on the team?

Its a joke. A big joke. And everyone is the victim of it. Nobody looks good.

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Lebron could have sent a hand written note stapled to a 20 dollar bill to every season ticket holder and his jersey would still burn.

Hes a dick but nobody looks good. Fans acting like asses, the owner acting like an ass about a guy who he would have fawned over had he stayed, and Lebron talking about how hard it was...during a one hour special making a big show of it.

They are all clowns. And now people are gonna out Lebron over shit they would have pretended never happened if he stayed? All these terrible things the world needs to know...but wouldnt have needed were he still on the team?

Kinda reminds me of Shaq leaving Orlando and getting blasted for putting his movie career ahead of basketball (lol).

Of course this is a bigger deal nowadays especially with the internet. But Shaq won a bunch of titles and people quickly forgot that.

monkeypox
07-09-2010, 04:07 AM

There are better ways to do it. He probably picked one of the worst ways possible is the problem. In the end I personally don't care all that much because I imagine none of this is going to be basketball related, and is going to reflect more on how slavishly worshipful the team was to him. The owner is being far from professional about this, but I suppose it goes to the whole "you treat people how you want to be treated." Going out like he did, the Cavs are under no obligation to use kid gloves on him anymore.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2010, 04:10 AM
I actually wrote out a thing on shaq in there but figured everyone would go off on how Shaq didnt do it in such a dickish way. And he didnt. But he was HATED in orlando for years. Just hated.

plowking
07-09-2010, 04:14 AM
I'm actually concerned a dumb ass fan from Cleveland will attempt to shoot Lebron James, or even run on the court and try to stab him. This legitimately could happen. Does anyone think security will be stepped up in Cleveland to prevent this?

hawksdogsbraves
07-09-2010, 04:14 AM

That's not really true though, Miami is party central and it's easy as hell to get away with it. Wade is one of the biggest partiers in the league, and when the Heat won the NBA Shaq said they partied almost every night that season.

Any debauchery that Lebron was involved with in Cleveland is going to go up 10X in Miami.

Also, Gilbert will be shooting the Cavs in the foot (actually the head) by doing this. No major FA will ever, EVER, go to Cleveland if their owner/front office is willing to sell them down the river like this once they choose to leave. It is hard enough to convince good players to go to Cleveland as it is, if the front office gets a bad reputation, which it may already have after tonight, it will become impossible to sign anyone good going forward.

I hope you enjoyed your time at the top, Cleveland, you will probably never see better days with the Cavs than you did with Lebron.

Fatal9
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM

Gilbert had no choice but to hold his tongue. There were reports he was pissed after the game 5 loss and Cavs fans like yourself were (rightly) accusing Lebron of checking out of the series. You can overlook that if he resigns and tries makes up for his bizarre, inexcusable play in the series BUT, he left. Not only did he leave, he bitchslapped the city on national TV and made a spectacle out of his departure. And the way all this went down...with Lebron having rarely any off games all season, killing it in the playoffs to randomly quitting and having 3 horrific games, it's very suspicious. The "betrayal" is what he did in the playoffs and what he did with this free agency circus. It would be forgiven if he signed with the Cavs because the way he has acted, it's the only choice he left himself with.

Doubt Gilbert or Cavs fans would be this pissed at him leaving if they went out differently in the playoffs or if Lebron didn't turn this into a circus and then destroy their city. Lebron hasn't shown any professionalism in the last month and a half, so why should Gilbert show any towards him?

I'm glad he is speaking his mind, none of this PC bullshit.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 04:21 AM
I actually wrote out a thing on shaq in there but figured everyone would go off on how Shaq didnt do it in such a dickish way. And he didnt. But he was HATED in orlando for years. Just hated.
I'm sorry, but there is really no comparison.

First, LeBron grew up roughly 20 minutes from Quicken Loans Arena. People may say that this means nothing, but I tend to disagree. It would be one thing if he never made that an issue, but he has gone out of his way to talk about how much he loves Akron/Cleveland and how he owes the people in Northeast Ohio for always being there for him even before he was a superstar.

This is a player with ties to that city that far exceeded anything Shaq had with Orlando.

Second, Shaq did not drag the thing out for weeks (actually, it has been years for LeBron's flirting with other franchises). This last week was a giant "f*ck you" to the entire city and state. To end it the way he did with that hour-long farce so that he could inform us that we were lucky to have his 'talents' for seven years...

Sure... Shaq's move was during a different era without twitter and all of these other communication sources that can build hype and spread rumors, but LeBron purposely made this as grandiose as possible and it ended with one of the most self-absorbed, pretentious hours of television that has ever been witnessed by man.

What I'm getting at is that, if Shaq was hated by Orlando for years, then LeBron deserves that and more, because this was 100x worse and a far bigger kick in the nuts.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Gilbert had no choice but to hold his tongue. There were reports he was pissed after the game 5 loss and Cavs fans like yourself were (rightly) accusing Lebron of checking out of the series. You can overlook that if he resigns and tries makes up for his bizarre, inexcusable play in the series BUT, he left. Not only did he leave, he bitchslapped the city on national TV and made a spectacle out of his departure. And the way all this went down...with Lebron having rarely any off games all season, killing it in the playoffs to randomly quitting and having 3 horrific games, it's very suspicious. The "betrayal" is what he did in the playoffs and what he did with this free agency circus. It would be forgiven if he signed with the Cavs because the way he has acted, it's the only choice he left himself with.

Doubt Gilbert or Cavs fans would be this pissed at him leaving if they went out differently in the playoffs or if Lebron didn't turn this into a circus and then destroy their city. Lebron hasn't shown any professionalism in the last month and a half, so why should Gilbert show any towards him?

I'm glad he is speaking his mind, none of this PC bullshit.

All of this started with that bizarre left-handed free throw. That will be remembered as the moment when the entire city of Cleveland, the state of Ohio, and beyond began thinking, "wtf is wrong with this guy?"

He has been an embarrassment to our city and the entire league ever since... On and off the court.

He is now a villain in Northeast Ohio on par with the much reviled Art Modell and he deserves that lofty position.

Amazing what a couple of months can do to a reputation.

KOBEDAGAWD
07-09-2010, 04:26 AM
You can tell Gilbert was already annoyed of 7 years of Lebrons childish selfish antics. We see how selfish and egotistical he is in the public. Can you imagined behind close doors? As childish as what Gilbert is doing its not as bad as Lebron going on NAtional TV and humiliating Cleveland

stephanieg
07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Awesome. Can't wait to read the newest book: The LeBron Rules. Did he ever punch out Andy V? Did he ever slap Mike Brown during the halftime break in front of the team? Did Delonte brag about ****ing his mom in the locker room and tell him how his mom's ***** is pretty tight considered he popped his fat head out of there? Let it all out.

thesighter
07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
I'm sorry, but there is really no comparison.

First, LeBron grew up roughly 20 minutes from Quicken Loans Arena. People may say that this means nothing, but I tend to disagree. It would be one thing if he never made that an issue, but he has gone out of his way to talk about how much he loves Akron/Cleveland and how he owes the people in Northeast Ohio for always being there for him even before he was a superstar.

This is a player with ties to that city that far exceeded anything Shaq had with Orlando.

Second, Shaq did not drag the thing out for weeks (actually, it has been years for LeBron's flirting with other franchises). This last week was a giant "f*ck you" to the entire city and state. To end it the way he did with that hour-long farce so that he could inform us that we were lucky to have his 'talents' for seven years...

Sure... Shaq's move was during a different era without twitter and all of these other communication sources that can build hype and spread rumors, but LeBron purposely made this as grandiose as possible and it ended with one of the most self-absorbed, pretentious hours of television that has ever been witnessed by man.

What I'm getting at is that, if Shaq was hated by Orlando for years, then LeBron deserves that and more, because this was 100x worse and a far bigger kick in the nuts.

Cleveland fans need to STFU. Cleveland would not be anywhere without Lebron. In fact, I'd say Cleveland is not appreciative of what Lebron has brought for the franchise, given their petty and butthurt reactions.

Lebron made the right choice to win. Miami's got a dynasty now. Any sane person would have done the same thing.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Cleveland fans need to STFU. Cleveland would not be anywhere without Lebron. In fact, I'd say Cleveland is not appreciative of what Lebron has brought for the franchise, given their petty and butthurt reactions.

Lebron made the right choice to win. Miami's got a dynasty now. Any sane person would have done the same thing.
First of all, who the f#ck are you? I've never seen you post on this forum and, suddenly, you are going to dictate that I shut the f#ck up? Quite the contrary, my friend... If I wanted you to STFU, I could probably make it happen relatively quickly with a click of the mouse and a PM to the people that moderate this place and with whom I've discussed basketball with for years. I'm not going to do that, because I really don't care what you have to say, but the idea of you telling me to stop relaying my outrage is laughable. You don't get to enter this forum and, 44 posts in, start deciding what the people who helped make this place what it is today talk about.

Secondly, what am I supposed to be appreciative for? A few playoff series victories? A couple of ECF appearances? Getting embarrassed in the Finals?

You are probably too young to remember, but the Cavs had one of the best franchises in the NBA when I was growing up in the late-80s and early-90s. This wasn't the first nice stretch of seasons that we've had in Cleveland.

Getting a player of LeBron's caliber brought a lot of excitement back to basketball in Cleveland, but, at the end of the day, his team accomplishments are sparse and certainly nothing worthy of us being thankful for... Especially in light of the way he spit in our eye to finish his career in Cleveland.

reppy
07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
In some ways, it's like going through a break up with a significant other. You guys had great plans together! And then suddenly, she announces on public TV that she's leaving you to go be with 2 other guys. You'd probably be pretty pissed, too. And no amount of "well, just think of all the nice things she did for you," would make any amount of difference.

Sarcastic
07-09-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm actually concerned a dumb ass fan from Cleveland will attempt to shoot Lebron James, or even run on the court and try to stab him. This legitimately could happen. Does anyone think security will be stepped up in Cleveland to prevent this?

He is not in Ohio. He did the interview in Connecticut, and should be in NY(?) for Carmelo's wedding.

thesighter
07-09-2010, 04:48 AM
First of all, who the f#ck are you? I've never seen you post on this forum and, suddenly, you are going to dictate that I shut the f#ck up? Quite the contrary, my friend... If I wanted you to STFU, I could probably make it happen relatively quickly with a click of the mouse and a PM to the people that moderate this place and with whom I've discussed basketball with for years. I'm not going to do that, because I really don't care what you have to say, but the idea of you telling me to stop relaying my outrage is laughable. You don't get to enter this forum and, 44 posts in, start deciding what the people who helped make this place what it is today talk about.

Secondly, what am I supposed to be appreciate for? A few playoff series victories? A couple of ECF appearances? Getting embarrassed in the Finals?

You are probably too young to remember, but the Cavs had one of the best franchises in the NBA when I was growing up in the late-80s and early-90s. This wasn't the first nice stretch of seasons that we've had in Cleveland.

Getting a player of LeBron's caliber brought a lot of excitement back to basketball in Cleveland, but, at the end of the day, his team accomplishments are sparse and certainly nothing worthy of us being thankful for... Especially in light of the way he spit in our eye to finish his career in Cleveland.

I don't care how long you've been on these forums. You're acting whiny and butthurt. Threaten me all you want.

Lebron took the Cavs to the finals and ECF, without him the Cavs would be nowhere right now. Can you dispute that?

Lebron made the best choice for Lebron. He carried Cleveland best as he could, but ownership did not put the right pieces around him.

ginobli2311
07-09-2010, 04:52 AM

Secondly, what am I supposed to be appreciate for? A few playoff series victories? A couple of ECF appearances? Getting embarrassed in the Finals?

both lebron and the franchise are at fault. i don't know what happened during the celtics series......but cavs fans should not let that ruin 7 years of great night in night out play from lebron.

he held up his end of the bargain man. he became the best player in the league. he took a 17 win team to the nba finals in 4 years. he won 2mvps and not once threw his teammates or coach under the bus or complained.

the cavs front office and owner did not hold up their end of the deal. lebron was great....they were awful. we don't need to rehash everything....but the cavs made bad move after bad move. if the thunder can surround durant with a great core with decade long title window....the cavs should have been able to at least do the same.

lebron handled this entire free agency the wrong way. it was classless. and i lost a lot of respect for lebron to make a spectacle out of it. but i agree with lebron's reasons for leaving and understand what he is after. he wants to win multiple titles and play with great players. like the all time greats. he had to leave if those were his goals.

but also put yourself in lebron's shoes. the delonte west rumor is 100% true....no doubt about it. and there was other stuff going on with player rotations and this whole elbow thing. something was seriously messed up during the series. i'm not excusing lebron's lack of effort or poor play.....but i don't think that should negate all the great accomplishments and great play from lebron in his time in cleveland.

this departure was inevitable. cleveland can't win titles in the nba....they don't have that draw to bring in top players. i feel really bad for you and the city.....but your franchise is far more to blame for this than lebron.

and what dan gilbert has since said and posted on the internet is going to set your franchise back even more.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 04:52 AM
I don't care how long you've been on these forums. You're acting whiny and butthurt. Threaten me all you want.

Lebron took the Cavs to the finals and ECF, without him the Cavs would be nowhere right now. Can you dispute that?

Lebron made the best choice for Lebron. He carried Cleveland best as he could, but ownership did not put the right pieces around him.
He got us to the Eastern Conference Finals! We even got embarrassed in the Finals once under LeBron's reign!

Time to build a statue outside of The Q.

At the end of the day, his tenure in Cleveland was a massive failure and that is how he will be remembered. A quitter who literally gave up when the going got tough during his last series of games with a Cavaliers jersey on.

That is quite a legacy he left here.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2010, 04:57 AM
You say all that...but if Shaq had slapped Mickey mouse on the way out and burned down disneyworld Orlando wouldnt have booed him one bit more than they did. It was total. If it wasnt it was 98%. Might have bumped it to 99%.

Superstar leaves hes getting hated on. Heavily. If it were 2010 with our level of media coverage you would have seen the same fan reaction and the same kind of people burning jerseys. A piston fan a while back(years) said Grant Hill was still the most hated man in the city until 2004. He would get booed when his picture came up on the scoreboard...on the bench in street clothes. And thats grant hill. Someone everyone else loves.

Fans dont really give a damn about anything bt what you can do for them. One minute youre the lottery pick everyone loves after a good game gives them hope...the next youre Dajuan wagner out of the league with health problems a distant memory because you didnt help the team.

He spoke on not making an emotional decision...and he was right avoind it. He cant be giving himself a worse career to please people who will hate him for putting himself over something they care about for a few hours a day. Its his life. Job. That guy doesnt owe a gotdamn thing to anyone. Especially people ready to burn his jersey the instant hes not playing on their team.

Hes a grown man choosing to work elsewhere for his benefit and you have grown men crying on camera. And the same guy he was 20 minutes before is now a dick whos terrible actions must be exposed?

The owner probably loses a hundred million or more in value over the next year or two....he damn sure doesnt care about Lebron the person. The Fans lose wins...they damn sure dont care about him as a person.

If Lebron turnedo ut to be a bust and they could get better by trading him his ass would have been long gone.

Its all about business and getting better. Winning.

But players are supposed to have sentiment?

This isnt thanksgiving dinner and Lebron is not our friend.

He plays basketball. He does so where he chooses. And depending on if you are or arent who he chose to play for...hes the worst person alive or hes god.

Hes a dick for dragging it out.

The Cavs are ***** for coming out now like hes the worst kind of person when hours ago he was the best thing to ever take a breath on this planet.

The fans are both ***** and idiots. Grown men crying on tv and yelling at a screen about someone who gave them more than anyone(they remember) in cleveland sports history deciding he wanted to play elsewhere instead of waste more time in a worse situation?

I admit ive not been through anything like it(The Bulls have lost nobody in free agency our whole future was tied to). But ive been through enough real issues to not look like a petty douche on tv burning jerseys and yelling about some other man breaking his obligation to do more for me than ive done for him.

SCdac
07-09-2010, 04:59 AM
eh, I think RedBlackAttack's posts and opinions provide an interesting insight to this major-move out of Cleveland, especially for those who weren't/aren't Cavs fans or closer to the east coast of BBall. As mentioned, and I agree, this being a "home town" story brings another dimension to everything, no doubt. If it's undying loyalty people wanted to see, it's not what they got that's for sure. This is an epic move in basketball, interesting to read so many varied opinions and varied outlooks on Lebron ultimately "wanting to win now and win a shit load". and Reppy, I def agree it's like a bad break up or something, everything in the past doesn't quite rectify the nasty or somewhat care-free break up on Lebrons part.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2010, 05:00 AM
He got us to the Eastern Conference Finals! We even got embarrassed in the Finals once under LeBron's reign!

At the end of the day, his tenure in Cleveland was a massive failure and that is how he will be remembered. A quitter who literally gave up when the going got tough during his last series of games with a Cavaliers jersey on.

The greatest legacy from a Cleveland athlete since Jim Brown.

KOBEDAGAWD
07-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Lebron lost

Kingsfans818
07-09-2010, 05:02 AM
lmao @ people thinking Stern is going to allow this to happen

show's a lot of class from Gilbert..sort of makes me stop hating Boozer...

thesighter
07-09-2010, 05:02 AM

Without Lebron, Cavs would not even be in the playoffs. So yes, you should be thankful. Lebron is the greatest player in your franchise history.

Lebron will likely win many championships in Miami (as the 1a/b), and that's what he'll be remembered for.

With Cleveland burning his jersey, Dan Gilbert acting like a scorned woman, I'm glad Lebron has left for Miami. He wouldn't have won a championship in Cleveland for a long time.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 05:09 AM
The greatest legacy from a Cleveland athlete since Jim Brown.
He is definitely the greatest athlete in Cleveland since Jim Brown, but as far as team success?

Not really. The Indians' run in the mid-90s, where they were an out away from being World Series champions, trumps the 'LeBron years.'

The Browns also had some great teams and playoff runs in the early and mid-80s.

Although the Cavs made the ECF and Finals, we were never all that 'close' to winning it. The Magic pretty much dominated us in 2009 and the Celtics sh!t all over us this past year. Throw in the absolute beatdown by SA in the 2007 Finals and the Indians' run was certainly better than anything James ever gave to us.

Regardless, he won't be remembered in Cleveland for his 'great legacy.' He will be remembered for the way that he left. I think that is the point you are missing.

Your posts seem to be about how LeBron didn't owe us anything by continuing his career here and about how the fans were so eager to turn on him. The outrage is not about him leaving... That is a very small part of the negative reaction.

This whole grandiose charade and the very public way in which he ripped out our heart in front of millions after stringing everyone along for weeks... THAT is what has people so up-in-arms.

If he would have simply announced his decision via press release after having talked to the GM, owner, and coaches, Cleveland would be angry and it would still be heartbreaking, but there would not be this visceral reaction.

He created this hysteria with his attention-wh0ring and now we are seeing the results of that very calculated effort by James and his team.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2010, 05:18 AM
As I said about shaq...it might raise the booing from 98% to 99. Or in his case perhaps 99 to 100%.

Sports fans are some of the most petty people out when it comes to what they think they deserve.

Lebron is gonna get death threats over this...and without all of...he would just have recieved less of them.

All the drama and dragging it out would mean nothing if he came back.

Its all about him coming back or not. It would leave a bad taste...but he would get cheered on every street he got spotted and free shit everywhere he went.

The rest is just justification for rage that would be there anyway.

Put the same camera on the same fans and just let him fax his decision to ESPN without the special...same reaction when its read. If not it wouldnt be much different. Not right at the moment.

People were just waiting to be outraged if he left. How he did it just makes it worse. Hes the most hated man in that state right now no matter how he left it.

And I find it a little weak. Understandable?

For kids. Grown people with car notes, children of their own, and jobs in the morning crying and rushing home to the internet to about how they want him to die?

Its just weak. Its every bit as pathetic as he was.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2010, 05:58 AM
For kids. Grown people with car notes, children of their own, and jobs in the morning crying and rushing home to the internet to about how they want him to die?

Death threats and wishing physical harm on the guy? Obviously I would never support such a thing. Most fans are reacting the way that I am, though, which isn't about hoping that LeBron befalls some kind of catastrophic injury, but complete disappointment with a guy that leaves his hometown with unrealized hope and unfulfilled promises. Throw in the tasteless and classless way in which he conducted himself in the last two weeks and announced his decision and I think outrage should not only be justified, but expected.

kobesabi
07-09-2010, 06:19 AM
bring it on--- this will be some GOOD drama!
It will probably also drag onto the court with some maybe hard fouls by angry ex team mate who he sh!t on?

KOBEDAGAWD
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM

Yeah Stern is so powerful he can block articles from hitting the Internet Lol.

Be real. A lot of dirt will be coming out but not through the Cavs franchise.

jbryan1984
07-09-2010, 06:34 AM
The Cleveland news is crazy this morning. Obviously, it is all they are talking about. As far as "quitting" in the playoffs, I mean people have been saying that around here since the game happened. Big difference in game 7 in 2008 and the last few games this year. LeBron played his heart out in 2008 but Boston was just too good. Boston was good this year too, but LeBron was nothing more than an average player so I agree with Gilbert that he gave up. He just did not play like a superstar. The Cavs losing in 2010 is as Much LeBron James fault as anyone else. Who would want to come here now and play for Gilbert? Maybe people will look at it as a challenge? LeBron could not get it done so maybe someone else will? All of this, far from over obviously.

Go Getter
07-09-2010, 06:36 AM
There is a young kid in Ohio right now that's wiping the tears off his face as he rips all his Lebron stuff to bits.

His hatred of Lebron will feed his growth into a 6'10" SF that will take the NBA by storm....he will force a trade to the Cavs [if they don't draft him] so he can finally bring them a championship.

El Kabong
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
You know the Cavs could take the high road here, but it looks like they're more then willing to get down and dirty in the mud.

coin24
07-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Cavs will now tank for the lottery, wont even have to try though they will stink...

The "fans" are already ungrateful for his 7 years he spent there!! I cant believe im standing up for Lebron but come on!! This shit is pathetic..

When he does win titles thats what he'll be remembered for, the dominant heat run..
Only the retards that go on about legacy and the same tards that claim kobes first 3 dont count will even talk about this, bitter fools that cant enjoy the game :banghead:

lovethetriangle
07-09-2010, 08:40 AM
As I said about shaq...it might raise the booing from 98% to 99. Or in his case perhaps 99 to 100%.

Sports fans are some of the most petty people out when it comes to what they think they deserve.

Lebron is gonna get death threats over this...and without all of...he would just have recieved less of them.

Its all about him coming back or not. It would leave a bad taste...but he would get cheered on every street he got spotted and free shit everywhere he went.

Put the same camera on the same fans and just let him fax his decision to ESPN without the special...same reaction when its read. If not it wouldnt be much different. Not right at the moment.

People were just waiting to be outraged if he left. How he did it just makes it worse. Hes the most hated man in that state right now no matter how he left it.

He could have left like KG left.

playing hard every night, 100%, and making a business decision to leave. The rational fans (like RBA and i'm sure there are a shitload more) would not have minded.

icemanfan
07-09-2010, 08:42 AM
The entire city is one huge butt hurt kunt. Like the kid somehow owed them for playing in "their" city. Like anyone who is employed Owes his old employer ANYTHING when offered a better job.

bada bing
07-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Secondly, what am I supposed to be appreciative for? A few playoff series victories? A couple of ECF appearances? Getting embarrassed in the Finals?

:bowdown:

Yung D-Will
07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."
:violin:

Shax
07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
:violin:

How many players promise championships, GMs, coaches, etc.? It's because it's what they want to happen, but it rarely works out. So many butt hurt people on this forum. :applause:

TheAnchorman
07-09-2010, 11:28 AM
The Magic pretty much dominated us in 2009 and the Celtics sh!t all over us this past year.
Funny you should say that. My memory is good enough to remember a thread last year where you personally said that a big misconception that everyone has is that Cleveland was dominated by Orlando all 6 games. You then proceeded to cite Games 1 and 4, where Game 1 was a Mo Williams buzzer beater away from beating Orlando by a jump ball, and if Lewis was called for the last touch during the waning seconds of Game 4 instead of Delonte Cleveland would have won. I of course agreed with you.

Just talking basketball.

niko
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
The entire city is one huge butt hurt kunt. Like the kid somehow owed them for playing in "their" city. Like anyone who is employed Owes his old employer ANYTHING when offered a better job.

I've seen your posts. If Tim Duncan never won a title for you, was a home grown kid, and then dissed you on national TV you'd literally (actually) be standing outside his house waiting to beat him up. You blow up at people on the board for saying SA is not that good. I can't imagine your star player shitting on you on national tv would not provoke a preetty bad bad response.

liquidrage
07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
It's just the way it is in the NBA. This was bound to happen one day. 3 players in their prime getting together, taking slightly less money.

Now, I hope Wade Bosh and Lebron all miss significant time with non-serious injuries and their careers fade.

Really, it's a culture problem of the NBA. They market stars so this is what you get. Everyone's a diva or wants to be one.

liquidrage
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
You know the Cavs could take the high road here, but it looks like they're more then willing to get down and dirty in the mud.

It's probably because they bent over backwards for Lebron, did what he wanted, he told them all along if they did these things he would resign, and yet at the end not only did he bend them over, he filmed it and put it on youtube.

It's not a court of law I'm allowed to speculate, so don't ask for my sources. :D

fatboy11
07-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Here's the thing about this whole thing.

Is the city Cleveland acting like a bunch of bitches about this? Yes. They are. They could handle it better.

However.....

LeBron threw the first punch and it was a sucker punch. There was absolutely no need whatsoever for him to go on national TV (with many others likely watching worldwide) and rip their hearts out. No need at all. That was cold.

He deserves everything he gets. Everything bad said about him, he deserves for that stunt he pulled last night. All along, through all the Miami rumors, I never thought he'd actually go on national TV and do that to his home state. I thought it was all misdirection.

If he had simply chosen to go elsewhere, told the Cavs first, and not made a big production of it, I might defend him. But what he did, to me, is inexcusable. And then to just basically write it all off as "a business" but still say that you had no doubt you made the right decision. ****, just lie and say it was the toughest decision you'll probably ever make.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but I'm giving the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio a pass on this one. I think they're entitled to light him up after what he did to them.

Again, my problem isn't his decision to leave. It's the way he handled it.

game3524
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I've seen your posts. If Tim Duncan never won a title for you, was a home grown kid, and then dissed you on national TV you'd literally (actually) be standing outside his house waiting to beat him up. You blow up at people on the board for saying SA is not that good. I can't imagine your star player shitting on you on national tv would not provoke a preetty bad bad response.

I said the same thing, I do think Cleveland is classless for they way they are acting, esp. Gilbert. But imagine how Heat fans would react if Wade packed up and left, or how Lakers fans would react if Kobe flew the coup.

Leaving is bad, but to do it the way Lebron did was terrible.

32jazz
07-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Agree on the part that "People were just waiting to be outraged if he left". No matter HOW he left.

If he twittered his decision like K Durant he would have been called a 'coward who sneaked out of town'(Like the Baltimore Colts).

Calls a press conference "He is embarassing the City of Cleveland & throwing it in their faces"

Does a one hour special which raised MILLIONS for a charity & "he is a selfish/Meglomaniac/prima dona, etc..."

I hope the guy challeges Bill Russells ring tally someday(sans beating the Lakers).

I have really been impressed with the guy from day 1 & the unfair scrutiny he endures is unprecendented in NBA history.

SinJackal
07-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Gilbert didn't lose any more money than he gained by having LBJ for years. I don't feel bad for any rich people when they lose money. They have hundreds of millions more than anyone here ever will. Why feel sorry for them? No point.

I agree with several posters here as well. LBJ could have handled this far differently, and simply released to the Cleveland media that he planned to leave without having some huge buildup and it would've been far less painful. You know the saying about ripping off a bandaid quickly rather than slowly pull it off. Handled horribly. It doesn't matter about him raising money for kids. He probably did that so he could have an excuse for making a classless move, sort of like how Wade used his own kids as a pawn in his stupid game this offseason. Two douchebag players I used to like, and have now lost all respect for.

I hope they do release a lot of dirty laundry about LBJ. Why not? LBJ just cost Gilbert his precious money. Feel free to hurt LBJ's image some more so he loses potential endorsements, as if LBJ didn't kill his brand enough already. Let's hear about Delonte West, the bag of condoms, and how the whole image of LeBron has been fake all along. It's entertaining to me, and makes Cleveland fans happy to seethe over it. win/win.

sayitaintso
07-09-2010, 12:30 PM
LeBron was put into this position by the media. The media played to those Cleveland a-holes who think LeBron James is the property of Cleveland. If what they say about LeBron now was true, why the **** you resign him four years ago? Why didn't you trade him before the trade deadline? Why didn't you back out of the LeBron James sweepstakes? Why didn't you burn his jersey after game five of the NBA Semifinals game against the Celtics? And if the Heat win a championship before the Cavs do, will Dan Gilbert be a man of his word and pony up his cash? I bet Gilbert already lost 100s of millions overnight. Thank god....he truly deserved iit.

Darius
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Bullsh:t.

If he released a simple statement along of the lines of:

"I've loved my years in Cleveland but there comes a time in every young man's life when he has to leave home to grow. I'll be signing with the Miami Heat but I'll always value my time spent in Cleveland and consider this city my first home."

Fans would have been disappointed but they'd mostly understand.

To create this absurd special and break their hearts live on TV? It's a Beckett level of madness.

boozehound
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM

he was not the owner when that happened.

boozehound
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
why is it on the cavs if media members decide to air his shit?

boozehound
07-09-2010, 01:07 PM
yeah, pretty accurate what you say here about iceman fan. just an asshole who uses others angst to feel better about himself.

ElPigto
07-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Yep, iceman is whack for all his dumb sh!t he is posting about the situation. He definitely would not feel great if his superstar Tim Duncan would have left the way Lebron did. He has a lot of nerve to talk sh!t when he would of felt the same. And before you comment on my post Iceman, I'm referring how true Cavs fans feel. Not the ones that are sending death threats and wishing horrible injuries on the player (that's certainly uncalled for), but you know what I mean.

zORi
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Is the city Cleveland acting like a bunch of bitches about this? Yes. They are. They could handle it better.

However.....

LeBron threw the first punch and it was a sucker punch. There was absolutely no need whatsoever for him to go on national TV (with many others likely watching worldwide) and rip their hearts out. No need at all. That was cold.

He deserves everything he gets. Everything bad said about him, he deserves for that stunt he pulled last night. All along, through all the Miami rumors, I never thought he'd actually go on national TV and do that to his home state. I thought it was all misdirection.

If he had simply chosen to go elsewhere, told the Cavs first, and not made a big production of it, I might defend him. But what he did, to me, is inexcusable. And then to just basically write it all off as "a business" but still say that you had no doubt you made the right decision. ****, just lie and say it was the toughest decision you'll probably ever make.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but I'm giving the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio a pass on this one. I think they're entitled to light him up after what he did to them.

:applause: :applause:

I live in South Florida, and I am happy to have him down here, but he handled that horribly.

There is absolutely no reason to treat fans, (some of which have been following him for 10+ years) who have been ultra loyal and provided the Q with one of the best arenas, so poorly. That was terrible, the least he could have done is notify Gilbert of his decision. He owes them an apology.

Again, I'm not mad at this decision (even though I feel he has officially taken his name out of the Jordan/Magic/Bird/Kobe/Kareem etc.. category), but the execution was tasteless. I don't mind Gilbert's reaction one bit.

toneloc103
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM

However.....

Perfectly put.

I am a lifelong CLEVELAND sports fan. Born and raised here for all of my 47 years. I have been the biggest Lebron fan from day one as well. My office is (still) adorned with two pictures of Lebron. having said that, I am not as broken up about what happened as I thought i would be. People have to realize that TRUE Cavs fan root for the name on the fron as opposed to the name on the back of the jersey.

My major problem is how he went about this whole process. He does not owe it to the fans, nor ownership to stay here for his whole career. What he did owe everyone was just a little more respect. He should have let his intentions be known earlier in the process so that the Cavs could have revised their gameplan. Now? I could not even tell you who the best FA is out there now. I just expected better from him. Do I hate Lebron now? Nah. I have lost a bit of respect for him. Does he care about that? LOL! Nah. I will continue to support and root for my home team.

I cant say I wish him bad luck, but I will not root for him anymore. Why waste the time and energy on hating on this cat? These things have a way of working themselves out anyway.....Karma

thesighter
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Perfectly put.

I am a lifelong CLEVELAND sports fan. Born and raised here for all of my 47 years. I have been the biggest Lebron fan from day one as well. My office is (still) adorned with two pictures of Lebron. having said that, I am not as broken up about what happened as I thought i would be. People have to realize that TRUE Cavs fan root for the name on the fron as opposed to the name on the back of the jersey.

My major problem is how he went about this whole process. He does not owe it to the fans, nor ownership to stay here for his whole career. What he did owe everyone was just a little more respect. He should have let his intentions be known earlier in the process so that the Cavs could have revised their gameplan. Now? I could not even tell you who the best FA is out there now. I just expected better from him. Do I hate Lebron now? Nah. I have lost a bit of respect for him. Does he care about that? LOL! Nah. I will continue to support and root for my home team.

I cant say I wish him bad luck, but I will not root for him anymore. Why waste the time and energy on hating on this cat? These things have a way of working themselves out anyway.....Karma

Lebron couldn't have let his intentions have been known earlier. It took him until the last minute to make his decision.

All you Cavs fans are reaching and acting butthurt. Had Lebron done it any other way, Cavs fans would still be whining like b*tches. Lebron doesn't belong to your loser franchise, he's gone to better places. LOL at your karma comment. Lebron leaving Cleveland is karma, as Cleveland fans clearly don't appreciate what he brought to the city.

toneloc103
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Lebron couldn't have let his intentions have been known earlier. It took him until the last minute to make his decision.

All you Cavs fans are reaching and acting butthurt. Had Lebron done it any other way, Cavs fans would still be whining like b*tches. Lebron doesn't belong to your loser franchise, he's gone to better places. LOL at your karma comment. Lebron leaving Cleveland is karma, as Cleveland fans clearly don't appreciate what he brought to the city.

Either you cant read or you have your own agenda here. Maybe you want to draw attention do yourself by being on the "side" of Lebron. Thats cool. I neither cried nor whined. Just put my thoughts out there, which is what a forum is supposed to be about. Enjoy your 15 minutes sir! Him leaving is not the issue. The way he did it is. If you truly believe that he woke up yesterday morning and that is when he decided where he was going to go, then you truly need help.

thesighter
07-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Either you cant read or you have your own agenda here. Maybe you want to draw attention do yourself by being on the "side" of Lebron. Thats cool. I neither cried nor whined. Just put my thoughts out there, which is what a forum is supposed to be about. Enjoy your 15 minutes sir! Him leaving is not the issue. The way he did it is. If you truly believe that he woke up yesterday morning and that is when he decided where he was going to go, then you truly need help.

Nope, this was not as premeditated as you think. He was deciding between Cavs, heat, and knicks up until 2 days before the annoucement. He clearly went back and forth on this decision for a while. Take off your Cavs glasses.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Nope, this was not as premeditated as you think. He was deciding between Cavs, heat, and knicks up until 2 days before the annoucement. He clearly went back and forth on this decision for a while. Take off your Cavs glasses.
Take Lebron's dick out of your mouth. THere is no way in hell he went back and forth on anything.

thesighter
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Take Lebron's dick out of your mouth. THere is no way in hell he went back and forth on anything.

LOL at you Cavs homers. Lebron did not have an evil plan 2 years in advance.
It's a good thing he's not playing in a city with fans like you.

Hotshoot
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Let me play devil's advocate why on earth would any super star player play for the Cavs? the franchise is crap and city is basically another Detroit (at least latter is close to Canada). You should be glad that Lebron did not pull a Eli and refuse to play for Cleveland.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
LOL at you Cavs homers. Lebron did not have an evil plan 2 years in advance.
It's a good thing he's not playing in a city with fans like you.

:rant you called me a cav fan! oh it's on now lebron fanboy...

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
the most fcked up thing is his whole decision was based on some chick delonte west fcked. he told her he was rolling to miami and she encouraged him to do it. of course because she wants to keep fcking delonte west! delonte west is now the most powerful man in the nba.

Kappy
07-09-2010, 06:29 PM
:rant you called me a cav fan! oh it's on now lebron fanboy...

Bahahah lol ..... niko, a Cavs fan?? lol :roll:

Don't you just love when people pop in, have absolutely no f'n idea what they're talking about, and say the stupidest sheeeit?? :oldlol:

Bodin
07-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Memo to NBA All-Stars: If you play for the Cavs long enough and leave them, the GM might just go public with any "dirty laundry" you have.

I'm sure that's going to have players running to Cleveland.

That's what I was thinking as well.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Bahahah lol ..... niko, a Cavs fan?? lol :roll:

Don't you just love when people pop in, have absolutely no f'n idea what they're talking about, and say the stupidest sheeeit?? :oldlol:
i posted yesterday that i think by his choice yesterday, lebron unfortunately ended the lebron / kobe debate. and about 5 laker fans said **** YOU KOBE IS GREAT!

:hammerhead: sigh...

I am that I am
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
i hope the first bit of dirty laundry is that Delonte actually did **** Lebron's mom

Kappy
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
i posted yesterday that i think by his choice yesterday, lebron unfortunately ended the lebron / kobe debate. and about 5 laker fans said **** YOU KOBE IS GREAT!

:hammerhead: sigh...

hahah lmfao .... Wow, damn, people are stupid!!! :hammerhead:

vert48
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Best thing that comes out of this is that Kobe is no longer the most hated player in basketball.

cotdt
07-09-2010, 06:43 PM
You Cleveland fans say all this betrayal stuff about Lebron now, because he rejected you and you are understandably angry. But in 5 years time you would take Lebron back in an instant, like the bitter boyfriend who couldn't have anything better.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7633/eptsportsnbaexperts3222.jpg

RDavis31
07-09-2010, 07:42 PM
i hope the first bit of dirty laundry is that Delonte actually did **** Lebron's mom

Delonte DID boink his mom for months.

The_Yearning
07-09-2010, 07:43 PM

dude that's nothing new...that's been clarified by many inside sources.

R.I.P.
07-09-2010, 08:07 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

kingchessking
07-09-2010, 08:43 PM
That one hour special was bogus (curse you Jim Gray for extending the program for so long with stupid questions). Its true that it is Lebron's fault for dragging this thing out, and it sucks to be Cleveland. And The fans have the right to be upset but with what has happened since he announced his decision, they have really destroyed the Cavs chance of winning a title in the next decade or more. With Owners and media threatening to reveal secrets, Fans burning jerseys, angry letters, and slander stickers. I can't imagine any current or future NBA superstars willing to sign with the Cavs. I'm a Raptors/Heat fan, I personally wasn't in favor of all 3 stars on one team. However its no wonder LeBron would want to go to a first class Organization like the Heat. Although Bosh didn't leave Toronto with a one-hour special, we didn't get all crazy about Bosh leaving Toronto.

LeBron will take some punches from fans and media now, but once the season begins everyone will be back on the LeBron wagon as long as he wins, while the Cavs will suffer next season more than expected if they can't find star (not superstar) or pretty good player to sign, with the blame falling of Dan Gilbert.
Good luck Cleveland, the only game people are gonna watch in your city is the 1-2 games u play against Miami.