PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley on LeBron....He said "...

Gundress
07-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Charles Barkley said, "If I was 25 I'd try to win it by myself....I would want to be the guy.....LeBron is never going to be the guy."

Source: ESPN SportsCenter channel

Kensta
07-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Heres the video. Barkley makes a lot of good points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FFmb1V8Ns

DuMa
07-09-2010, 03:19 AM
can charles honestly say this knowing how his career panned out without any rings?

Draz
07-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Glad he has brains. But he isn't 25, so were going to have to wait for a new talent.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 03:24 AM
can charles honestly say this knowing how his career panned out without any rings?

He's still considered the #2 PF of all time.

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
And Charles tried the exact same sh*t on the Rockets

FAIL.

Charles is out of pocket right now

He also forced a trade and jumped off the sinking ship that was the Philadelphia 76ers...

STFU Charles

macpierce
07-09-2010, 03:27 AM
charles makes good points but he gets shut down by ISH haters haha:applause:

heyhey
07-09-2010, 03:27 AM

FAIL.

He also forced a trade and jumped off the sinking ship that was the Philadelphia 76ers...

STFU Charles

He addresses that in the video. Chuck was WASHED UP and old when he tried to chase rings with hakeem. When you are 25 and entering your prime you should try and do it on your own not the b!tch way.

Kensta
07-09-2010, 03:28 AM

FAIL.

STFU Charles

Not exactly the same cause he said they were washed up. But he at least tried to be the man during his prime though.

YAWN
07-09-2010, 03:28 AM
He's still considered the #2 PF of all time.

i think this guy is considered #2
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/revmyspace/freegraphics/sports/Karl_Malone_Wallpaper.jpg

Lebron23
07-09-2010, 03:30 AM

FAIL.

STFU Charles

Exactly

Gundress
07-09-2010, 03:32 AM

FAIL.

STFU Charles

You're an idiot....Charles Barkley wasn't 25 at the time to joined Rockets.

Do you think Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Dominique Wilkins, Isiah Thomas at 25 ages tried to do the same shit what LeBron did?......I don't think so...they wanna be the guy, own man, etc. They'd like to against the best players.

wpdougie2180
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Does he address him forcing his way to a 53 win Phoenix team. He needs to get off his high horse when he did the same thing. Why didn't stick it out with Philly?

macpierce
07-09-2010, 03:35 AM
people comparing lebrons 66 and 61 win teams to chucks sixers? **** YOU
:roll:

Scoooter
07-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Yes. He can aboslutely be proud of his career. Believe it or not, there's a right way and a wrong way to win. Or, rather one way and a better way. For the most part, Charles did things the right way. He's still one of the greats.

For the record, I'm not saying here that LeBron's doing things "the wrong way", so don't go menstrating off out of control.

NiggaToast
07-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Does he address him forcing his way to a 53 win Phoenix team. He needs to get off his high horse when he did the same thing. Why didn't stick it out with Philly?

He wasnt in his prime when he did that. His career was ending and wanted a title. Lebron is in his prime, Barkeley wasnt

bdreason
07-09-2010, 03:37 AM
i think this guy is considered #2
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/revmyspace/freegraphics/sports/Karl_Malone_Wallpaper.jpg

Another guy who didn't ring chase in his prime. Malone gets even more props for sticking with Utah (a small market just like Cleveland) despite suffering tough losses throughout his career.

Maybe Malone should have forced a trade to Chicago after losing in the Finals? :oldlol:

T-bomb 25
07-09-2010, 03:37 AM
You're an idiot....Charles Barkley wasn't 25 at the time to joined Rockets.

Do you think Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Dominique Wilkins, Isiah Thomas at 25 ages tried to do the same shit what LeBron did?......I don't think so...they wanna be the guy, own man, etc. They'd like to against the best players.I agree with this 100%

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 03:40 AM
After Lebron's 7th year he left his team to go to a better one to try to win a ring

After Barkley's 8th year he forced a trade from his team to go to a better one and try to win a ring

Difference ?

Barkley is not the right guy to make this argument

The age 25 means nothing when Barkley did 3 years of college. Gotta look at the years of service.

plowking
07-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Exactly

LOL...

So who do you go for now? Let me guess... "Lebron6Heat"

JM720
07-09-2010, 03:42 AM
Heres the video. Barkley makes a lot of good points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FFmb1V8Ns

:applause: :applause: :applause:

wpdougie2180
07-09-2010, 03:46 AM

Why not you can only win or lose against the teams you play. How good teams were there the last two years considering the Celtics tanked the regular season along with alot more bad teams existing now compared to all the GREAT teams of that era. Those 6ers teams were not with out talent hell Hersey Hawkins was better than any thing Lebron played with Armen Gilliam and Dawkins are better than West and Hickson yet Barkely left.

wpdougie2180
07-09-2010, 03:47 AM
He wasnt in his prime when he did that. His career was ending and wanted a title. Lebron is in his prime, Barkeley wasnt

He left after his 8th year I guess Lebron should have waited a year huh?:D :D

plowking
07-09-2010, 03:48 AM
LOL at Charles saying a ring in Miami won't enhance his legacy... What will it do then Chuck? Make him go backwards in rankings?

If Lebron wins a championship and finals MVP in Miami, he's top 15 already all time.

macpierce
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
LOL at Charles saying a ring in Miami won't enhance his legacy... What will it do then Chuck? Make him go backwards in rankings?

If Lebron wins a championship and finals MVP in Miami, he's top 15 already all time.
i believe he said it wont propel him in the conversation with magic and stuff

NiggaToast
07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
He left after his 8th year I guess Lebron should have waited a year huh?:D :D

Chuck wasnt 25 boy. He was almost 30

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 03:50 AM

I like Barkley, but dude is just mad jealous that he never got an opportunity like this. Had this had been him in this situation he would have left and probably told Cleveland to kiss his ass

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 03:51 AM

How many times do we have to repeat ? Age doesn't have a lot of relevance when comparing a guy who did 3 years of college to a guy who came out of HS.

plowking
07-09-2010, 03:53 AM
i believe he said it wont propel him in the conversation with magic and stuff

If he wins 3 championships, he's easily top 5. I'm sorry, I don't see a case otherwise. A championship is a championship. People will only remember it as that. They will remember the team was great in the future, and will forget about this BS of being stacked and taking the easy way out.

He's not taking the easy way out. Like any other team, nothing is guaranteed. They have to work for a title.

wpdougie2180
07-09-2010, 03:54 AM

Like I said after 8 years he left it doesn't matter the age since he went to college and Lebron didn't they both were fed up after the same amount of time. And why does it even matter when u start winning championship as long as you win them. It didn't hurt any other player all time rank that they played with other HOF why should it hut Lebron's . I don't care the circumstances they all played with other HOFs.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 03:59 AM
If he wins 3 championships, he's easily top 5.

3 rings puts him over Magic and Bird? :oldlol:

Lakers13
07-09-2010, 04:01 AM
3 rings puts him over Magic and Bird? :oldlol:

He wont even be "the man" with those 3 rings :hammerhead:

mxgt
07-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to be "the guy". Dude just wants to win.

Haters will forever hate, though.

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 04:04 AM
He wont even be "the man" with those 3 rings :hammerhead:

Says who?

LeBron is a better player than Wade. It may be close now, but as they get older it will become more and more evident (especially as Wade hits 30).

thesighter
07-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Barkley's just hating.

Any sane person would jump on this opportunity. Miami has a dynasty.

bwar111
07-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Barkley's just hating.

Any sane person would jump on this opportunity. Miami has a dynasty.

Miami has a dynasty when Kobe hangs it up and tells them they do. Till then..Nah brah.

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Miami has a dynasty when Kobe hangs it up and tells them they do. Till then..Nah brah.

LOL, Kobe will be an old man and the Heat will run circles around him in a few years .... and that's the best case scenario for Kobe (that it takes Miami a year or two to get their sh-t together).

All good things ...

bwar111
07-09-2010, 04:09 AM
LOL, Kobe will be an old man and the Heat will run circles around him in a few years .... and that's the best case scenario for Kobe.

All good things ...

In a few years. This will rejuvenate the heck out of Kobe. He had a target on the big 3 in Boston..took em down..Now he has a new target. Game. Set. Match.

Lakers13
07-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Says who?

LeBron is a better player than Wade. It may be close now, but as they get older it will become more and more evident (especially as Wade hits 30).

Who's city did LeBron just jump to? You all act like Wade is already 33 :oldlol:

Lakers13
07-09-2010, 04:11 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to be "the guy". Dude just wants to win.

Haters will forever hate, though.

Tell me about it, I love the double standard that if LeBron win's with Wade and Bosh, his rings count, Kobe wins with Shaq and they don't. :applause:

thesighter
07-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Who's city did LeBron just jump to? You all act like Wade is already 33 :oldlol:

If Lebron outplays Wade, it'll eventually become his city.

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM
If Lebron outplays Wade, it'll eventually become his city.

QFT - Kevin Garnett 2008

Lakers13
07-09-2010, 04:17 AM
QFT - Kevin Garnett 2008

So Garnett took over the city for one year? Thats still Pierces town.

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 04:20 AM
So Garnett took over the city for one year? Thats still Pierces town.

KG is now Boston. When he is remembered it will be as a Celtic. The general census is that he makes that team go. After winning a ring nobody really gives a f*ck about who piggy backed off of who or whatever.

Doo Doo_Brown
07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
How many times do we have to repeat ? Age doesn't have a lot of relevance when comparing a guy who did 3 years of college to a guy who came out of HS.

How does age not have relevance? A player at age 25 is entering his prime. A player at age 30 is starting to decline. That's the point that was trying to be made which u seemed to have missed.

Maneva
07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
If he wins 3 championships, he's easily top 5. I'm sorry, I don't see a case otherwise. A championship is a championship. People will only remember it as that. They will remember the team was great in the future, and will forget about this BS of being stacked and taking the easy way out.

He's not taking the easy way out. Like any other team, nothing is guaranteed. They have to work for a title.

So much of this post is BS. First of all, the whole top 5 thing is laughable. 2nd, as far as your whole "championship is a championship" argument, there's no way you can tell me that winning one in Cleveland wouldn't have been more significant than winning one with this new dream team who are basically expected to be an instant dynasty. Also, right after you say that, you go on about how all people will remember is the championship, basically acknowledging that all this IS taking the easy way out. Also, just because some people will forget the details doesn't make it all right. It's not about what most people might remember, it's about what actually happened, regardless of whether or not you try to convince yourself otherwise because you may or may not be a blind follower.

And your last sentence is just stating what's painfully obvious. Clearly he won't be handed the trophy just for signing his name and throwing on a jersey, still doesn't mean he didn't take a much, MUCH easier route.

Oh, and I agree with Charles on most points. "Stop kidding yourselves, LeBron's legacy will take a hit."

Sarcastic
07-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Decision 2010

Where legacies commit suicide.

Lakers13
07-09-2010, 04:40 AM
KG is now Boston. When he is remembered it will be as a Celtic. The general census is that he makes that team go. After winning a ring nobody really gives a f*ck about who piggy backed off of who or whatever.

Tell Kobe that, because everyone and their moms discredit his titles, but now its okay to validate them if LeBron wins one as a side kick?

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 04:44 AM
How does age not have relevance? A player at age 25 is entering his prime. A player at age 30 is starting to decline. That's the point that was trying to be made which u seemed to have missed.

So what your essentially saying is that Michael Jordan after his 3rd title (Age 30) was on his way out ? 30 is not the age.

Barkley was 29 in the middle of his prime

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2010, 04:46 AM
Tell Kobe that, because everyone and their moms discredit his titles, but now its okay to validate them if LeBron wins one as a side kick?

The main reason people discredit his is because of the stans. They are more relentless than any other stans in the history of sports. When they say crazy sh*t like Shaq rode Kobe's coattails to 3 titles people respond with crazy sh*t and it becomes a huge heated illogical argument.

the_chosen_1
07-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Definitely tarnishes the legacy even if he wins.

Walker
07-09-2010, 06:15 AM
This is all a load of crap.
CB34/Drexler/Pippen in Houston ring a bell?
Mailman/Payton in LA ring a bell?
It's not like this is new, James just took the oppertunity when it was there. So he's now a badguy for wanting to win? He's a badguy for taking less money to win? Seriously.
Would Malone and Barkley no longer be considered 2 of the best PFs ever had Lakers/Rockets experiment worked?
So if James had stayed in Cleveland another 6 years not winning anything then went and signed with a contender it would be ok?
It was a HORRIBLE descision to announce his intentions live on TV and SHAME ON HIM for doing so, it was disgusting. But is his descision to go to Miami to try and win bad? NO.

Prodigy
07-09-2010, 06:21 AM
So what your essentially saying is that Michael Jordan after his 3rd title (Age 30) was on his way out ? 30 is not the age.

So a 30 year old rookie is in the same physical condition as Tyreke Evans. Gotcha.

Oh wait. You're a ****ing moron. Do you even read what you write?

InfiniteBaskets
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
2nd, as far as your whole "championship is a championship" argument, there's no way you can tell me that winning one in Cleveland wouldn't have been more significant than winning one with this new dream team who are basically expected to be an instant dynasty.

No one's saying it's harder to win a championship in Cleveland than Miami, but in a lot of respects a championship IS a championship.

I've never heard anyone claim that Wade's lone championship is "more significant" than either of Kobe's championships because Kobe had more help than Wade.

Jordan's last 3 rings in Chicago aren't getting discredited due to the fact that he played with 2 HOFers while being coached by one.

If Jordan doesn't win those 3 last rings on a stacked team, he's not accepted as the universal GOAT. He'd be in the conversation like when he first retired, but not like the way we view him now.

Point is, no player is going to take 1 championship as the leader of an otherwise bad team over 2 championships as the leader of a stacked team.

knickscity
07-09-2010, 06:36 AM
The point is Barkley was not in his prime when he left Philly.

LeBron left a double 60 win team, in the beginning of his prime, to join another superstars team.

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 06:37 AM

The reason why Kobe's titles were held in "dispute" is because Shaq and Kobe themselves were too immature to share the spotlight together and they are the ones that made that an issue.

No one discredits Pippen for his rings for example or says Kareem's rings with the Lakers don't count. Because they handled those respective situations with a little more class and grace.

Walker
07-09-2010, 06:44 AM

LeBron left a double 60 win team, in the beginning of his prime, to join another superstars team.

Anwser this. LeBron James resigns with Cleveland for a 6 year max deal.
In those 6 years he fails to win a championship. At 31 years old he signs with the best team at that time for less than his market value.
At 31 it's now suddenly ok to go elsewhere to get a ring?
Why exactly is it such a bad thing for him to want to win now?

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 06:46 AM

Well if the Cavs are such a good team they should at least make the playoffs next year ... right?

I mean the Bulls still made it the year after Jordan retired.

madmax
07-09-2010, 06:52 AM
the problem is that Lebron is not gonna be a sidekick to anyone, and you know it...just like every sane fan knows that LA's three titles in early 00's were mainly thanks to one guy - Shaq. Kobe was a sidekick back then, a second fiddle you may call it. Lebron is too good to ride anyone's coattails - the most talented players always prevail and lead their teams to the promised land.

Micku
07-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Charles Barkley said, "If I was 25 I'd try to win it by myself....I would want to be the guy.....LeBron is never going to be the guy."

Source: ESPN SportsCenter channel

I think this shows the selflessness of LeBron or lack of desire to be the best ever. He went to the Heat with three great stars, and he should've saw this coming. He wants to win and have fun with his friends. Since he made this choose of signing with the Heat, it doesn't seem he care about his legacy as much as other people do. Which says something about both sides.

I'm more confused why he didn't just choose the Bulls though. I feel like he had a better chance there to win the title than the Heat. Same thing with Wade and Bosh. They had a better chance of winning if they would've went to the Bulls.

Those three probably won't win a ring right away. It will take about a year or so for them to become great.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 06:59 AM

FAIL on your part. Charles, Hakeem and Drexler were all at the very end of their careers, similar to KG and friends. You didn't see them all join forces at 25. EAch of those guys spent most of their career trying to be "the man".

Doo Doo_Brown
07-09-2010, 07:00 AM

Do u have a reading comprehension issue? I said a player at age 30 is starting to decline. Look at jordans stats, at age 30 his best years were already behind him.

/facepalm

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-09-2010, 07:13 AM
well he said it dumb a$$$...

Steve212
07-09-2010, 07:20 AM

:oldlol: Thisa. Chuck at 25 would've killed to have Mo Williams, Delonte West, and JJ Hickson. The talent he had back then was either washed up, soft, or simply garbage.

knickscity
07-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Well if the Cavs are such a good team they should at least make the playoffs next year ... right?

I mean the Bulls still made it the year after Jordan retired.

They built that team completely around LeBron. It will take a loss just like when Jordan retired from Chicago for good.

And no they didn't make the playoff after Jordan officially retired from the Bulls. Now if you talking about the first "retirement", then yeah they did. But the official retirment, no everybody left then.

niko
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
You can't have it all. You can't have the accolades that come with being a GOAT type top superstar if you take the path of least resistance. Lebron was a person that had a legit (if fading) chance to be a person we could argue not Lebron vs. Kobe, but Lebron vs. Jordan. In one fell swoop, he shitted it all away. Yes, winning titles is important. But the goal of a young star of his level (which is rare) is to take HIS team to the title, not just be along for the ride. Everyone has a role to fill, and Lebron downgraded his role from star to supporting cast member. We will never have that Lebron again.

It's sad. For a star of his level to be so noncompetitive is perplexing.

Let me put it this way, when you play a game and choose up teams, do you put the three best people together, so they can win? Does that prove any of the individuals as the best?

Wade punked Lebron. Lebron is now in Miami building Wade's legacy piece by piece. Kobe was somehow (sickenly) stripped of his villian title.

Lebron gave up his home, his legacy, his claim as the heir apparent to Jordan to make the path easier for a title and to play with his butt buddies. He gave up 7 years of being the good guy.

People keep saying it's good because he could win a title as if Miami was the only place which awarded him a title chance. As sickening as it would have made me, Chicago offered an equal chance. Any team with Lebron and a few years and not poorly run offered him a chance.

He can't make this decision AND also expect the same accolades as before. Life doesn't work that way. It's probably the only sane thing Gilbert said in his diatribe.

coin24
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Chicago were not going to win shit even with lebron. All this Jordan and heir apparent garbage needs to stop!

People are criticising him for wanting to win rings? All these guys failed as "the man"..
Barkley
Malone
AI
McGrady
Garnett/Pierce/RayRay
etc etc list goes on.. Teams with a lone superstar dont win championships!!!

So what if he wants to team up a bit earlier and try to be successful?
This waiting until decline, giving up and joining a winner is WAY WORSE! If youre that finished go out with some dignity!!

At least they are building a team in miami, its not like he joined the lakers FFS!

knightfall88
07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Lebron is 25 and was on a 61 win team. All they needed was just the one guy to take them over the hump. Don't tell me that in the next 5 or so years that the cavs wouldn't be able to do that? (Jordan won his first at 30 years old).

niko
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Chicago were not going to win shit even with lebron. All this Jordan and heir apparent garbage needs to stop!

People are criticising him for wanting to win rings? All these guys failed as "the man"..
Barkley
Malone
AI
McGrady
Garnett/Pierce/RayRay

This waiting until decline, giving up and joining a winner is WAY WORSE! If youre that finished go out with some dignity!!

At least they are building a team in miami, its not like he joined the lakers FFS!

It's boring. Instead of going after the GOAT, he wanted less pressure and to win a title as a 2nd banana. People seem to want to give him the same accolades regardless, welcome to reality. It's not going to happen.

bballer
07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Charles makes good points.

Lebron won't get respect from me if he wins a title unless he is the man on his team.

Shax
07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
People care what this clown has to say, what good did that do him for rings?

Calabis
07-09-2010, 09:39 AM

FAIL.

STFU Charles

He tried that at the end of his career....not at 25 in his prime, he addressed that and he's right

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Here's probably what will actually happen ....

There will be no clear cut no.1 option in Miami. LeBron/Wade will be so close that it will blur together and Bosh will chip in now again and the go-to guy.

It will end up probably more like Boston's big three (eventually big four) where there wasn't really a clear cut guy who was no.1.

I mean maybe Pierce, but you can argue that KG and Allen have been as embraced and are thought of as "Celtics" as much as Pierce is, and Rondo has gotten his props too.

I don't think this is a situation like Jordan-Pippen or Prime Young-Young Kobe where one player clearly was superior to the other guy.

Allstar24
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I've always thought Chuck is a MORON but the funny thing is...when he made stupid comments about Kobe in the past, these same posters bashing him now said "well he knows better than you!" You're all sad :oldlol:

Harison
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I've always thought Chuck is a MORON but the funny thing is...when he made stupid comments about Kobe in the past, these same posters bashing him now said "well he knows better than you!" You're all sad :oldlol:
Sometimes Chuck makes stupid comments or jokes, but it doesnt mean everything he says is stupid. I sure hope you understand that? If you do, then please do tell whats wrong with current Chucks statement we discuss about?

Yung D-Will
07-09-2010, 10:08 AM

LMFAOOOOOO

Like anyone would put him over Duncan or Hakeem cause he won 3 championships under Wade.

Whatever you're smoking I want some

BIG FURB
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Barkley
Malone
AI
McGrady
Garnett/Pierce/RayRay

Chicago with Lebron is a title contender. You have a young allstar PG in Rose, a 20/10 PF in boozer and a good defensive center in Noah. Plus they could trade Deng away to bring in some shooters. That team would be full of talent and ready to contend. The difference is nobody on that bulls team is already an established top 3 player. Nobody on that bulls team has already won a title and has a finals mvp to go along with it. If he joins the bulls, talented as Rose is, it becomes lebron's Bulls. The Heat is Wades team, lebron joining doesn't change that.

Calabis
07-09-2010, 10:11 AM
LMFAOOOOOO

Like anyone would put him over Duncan or Hakeem cause he won 3 championships under Wade.

Whatever you're smoking I want some

What if he gets 3 Finals MVPs with Wade?? Does that still discredit him??

AirJordan23
07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Chuck did want a trade to Houston after he realized he wasn't going to win with Phoenix anymore but he was like 33 years old. Had a sh*load of injuries and lost a lot of his athleticism. He was even considering retirement circa 1994. He did the same with Philly since they couldn't get a competent roster around him. But, you can't compare that to LeBron's situation. Chuck tried winning as the man and came close but couldn't quite get it done. LeBron is taking the easy way out here. He's 25 and in his prime but he's taking the easy way out here. I don't blame him since I wanted him to go to the Heat or the Knicks in the first place but there is no question people are going to bring up the fact that he won with Wade and Bosh (two stars in the league). I don't blame him for wanting to win but his legacy will definitely be questioned for this. And it's not like Bron is clearly superior to Wade. Miami for the first couple of years will be Wade's team and 99% of the Heat fans will approve this.

Kobe8
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Anwser this. LeBron James resigns with Cleveland for a 6 year max deal.
In those 6 years he fails to win a championship. At 31 years old he signs with the best team at that time for less than his market value.
At 31 it's now suddenly ok to go elsewhere to get a ring?
Why exactly is it such a bad thing for him to want to win now?

Cuz He wants to get even with kobe and MJ .. LOL :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Soundwave
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Chuck did want a trade to Houston after he realized he wasn't going to win with Phoenix anymore but he was like 33 years old. Had a sh*load of injuries and lost a lot of his athleticism. He was even considering retirement circa 1994. He did the same with Philly since they couldn't get a competent roster around him. But, you can't compare that to LeBron's situation. Chuck tried winning as the man and came close but couldn't quite get it done. LeBron is taking the easy way out here. He's 25 and in his prime but he's taking the easy way out here. I don't blame him since I wanted him to go to the Heat or the Knicks in the first place but there is no question people are going to bring up the fact that he won with Wade and Bosh (two stars in the league). I don't blame him for wanting to win but his legacy will definitely be questioned for this. And it's not like Bron is clearly superior to Wade. Miami for the first couple of years will be Wade's team and 99% of the Heat fans will approve this.

How does that make sense though?

Do people really think Jordan or Prime Shaq were given the the no.1 "slot" for their franchises because they just said "well I've been here longer than you" ... uh ... hell no.

Jordan and Prime Shaq were the defacto no.1 options on their team because they were *by far* the best player on their teams. Jordan was always better than Pippen.

Prime Shaq was always more dominant than a Young Kobe.

With LeBron + Wade ... there is no big seperation in terms of age or skill though. They'll be like the Celtics where any one of the "big 3" can be the "man" on any given night.

mrhoopfan
07-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I understand Lebron's point of view in terms of winning. And I also understand others point of view about him being a great talent and being the lead guy while winning a champiosnhip. i don't blame him for leaving Cleveland. Mo Williams has been exposed, Jamison and Shaq were old. I do think the Clippers and maybe even the Nets could've been situations where he could've gone and they'd have won a ring in 2-3 years. imagine afrontline of: Bron, Griffin, kaman...........damn that would've been NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AirJordan23
07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
How does that make sense though?

Do people really think Jordan or Prime Shaq were given the the no.1 "slot" for their franchises because they just said "well I've been here longer than you" ... uh ... hell no.

Jordan and Prime Shaq were the defacto no.1 options on their team because they were *by far* the best player on their teams. Jordan was always better than Pippen.

Prime Shaq was always more dominant than a Young Kobe.

With LeBron + Wade ... there is no big seperation in terms of age or skill though. They'll be like the Celtics where any one of the "big 3" can be the "man" on any given night.

Yeah, but the difference between MJ/Pip, Shaq/Kobe is much greater than the difference between Wade/LeBron. Several people had Wade as the best in the league after his performance against Boston. LeBron's effort and desire was severly questioned and was the primary reason why Cleveland couldn't get it done along with their terrible defense. And Wade seems like a unselfish guy who's willing to share the spotlight but I'm not sure if he'll totally let Bron take over the team. I know Miami fans will always consider Wade as the team leader but that has a lot to do with Wade bringing them their first championship, being loyal etc.

I agree that it's a similar situation to the Celtics, though. Wade/Bosh/Bron are all dominant in their own right and can definitely step up at any given moment.

It's A VC3!!!
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Honestly LeBron and crew with feel good if they win a ring, but it certainly will not feel as special considering you're team is stacked with young all star players. So Charles brings up good points. /thumbs up

Shax
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Not I. I've always thought he's an idiot. He's on TNT for comedic purposes only.

The_Yearning
07-09-2010, 11:01 AM

LMAO