PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Sign Felton to Mutli Year Deal

niko
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Source: Twitter (Frank Isola, others...)

InspiredLebowski
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
No terms yet?

niko
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
No terms yet?
no, sorry...

Nets fan 93
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Looks like Amare will be getting his looks.
Sucks for the bobcats

LJJ
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Not a surprise that he left, but the Cats won't be the same without him.

Good luck Felts!

niko
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Looks like Amare will be getting his looks.
Sucks for the bobcats

Melo is coming to us next year and you are trading for Chris Paul. That is my prediction. Nets should use their cap space to suck up Okafor, send the hornets some young assets and get Paul. I really feel they can pull it off. :banana:

Then let's go to war! against each other and the evil homos known as the miami heat!

Poodle
07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
felton has a terrible J. he's practically a liability with his shots imo. he's got game/skills but without a shot i hate the move.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Lineup looking better. Get Delonte to start at the 2 and you've definitely got a playoff team

crisoner
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice addition for the Knicks.

artex
Melo is coming to us next year and you are trading for Chris Paul. That is my prediction. Nets should use their cap space to suck up Okafor, send the hornets some young assets and get Paul. I really feel they can pull it off. :banana:

Then let's go to war! against each other and the evil homos known as the miami heat!

brooklyn nets with chris paul ftw

Nets fan 93

What can the Nets give... hopefully not favors :(

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd rather have someone like Ridnour or DJ Augustin. Just imagine what our team would look like if Donnie drafted Jennings instead of Jordan Hill.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
And since you're here niko, I should let you know that I'm going to try that waffle truck tonight :rockon:

niko
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
And since you're here niko, I should let you know that I'm going to try that waffle truck tonight :rockon:
the fluffier softer lookign waffles are the tastier one i think. great...

Qwyjibo
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
felton has a terrible J. he's practically a liability with his shots imo. he's got game/skills but without a shot i hate the move.
Yea.

Odd choice for D'Antoni. Another PG that can't shoot at all.

Court Vision
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I'd rather have someone like Ridnour or DJ Augustin. Just imagine what our team would look like if Donnie drafted Jennings instead of Jordan Hill.
LOL Jordan Hill

NuggetsFan
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Does this mean Carmelo is the new LeBron to Knicks fans? I really don't want to go through what the Cavaliers went through the last two years with "Bron is coming to the Knicks book it OMGZ"

Anyways pretty solid signing. Wonder how much he got.

niko
07-09-2010, 05:12 PM
What can the Nets give... hopefully not favors :(
they have a lot of young assets plus can offer the hornets cap space. Losing favors would be tough but CP3 is the type of player that can elevate all others.

anyone im speculating but i think its a good fit. they are saying knicks could get him but we can't absorb the extra contract that is necessary to get Paul. that's why i really think the nets should not clog their cap because it takes away the possiblity of that kind of trade.

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
:banghead:

niko
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Does this mean Carmelo is the new LeBron to Knicks fans? I really don't want to go through what the Cavaliers went through the last two years with "Bron is coming to the Knicks book it OMGZ"

Anyways pretty solid signing. Wonder how much he got.
im just speculating based on ny being his home, how much time he spends here, him getting married to someone who LIVES here, and the fact he hasn't signed yet. i am by NO means saying its likely.

leopoldstotch
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
i guess d'antoni felt he couldn't find the right point guard for his system, so he went for the best possible pg to be able to feed amar'e in the post.

good signing.

MeLO MvP 15
they should look to trade Douglas for a decent center... I know Indiana would want Douglas

InspiredLebowski
they should look to trade Douglas for a decent center... I know Indiana would want Douglas
Meh. Not for what it'd probably cost.

Rekindled
07-09-2010, 05:17 PM
dumbass donnie. could just drafted stephenson isntead of some dude ive never heard of.

cranincu
shoulda got patty mills

OneMoreSucka
Then they would just need a backup pg, that would be pointless

MeLO MvP 15
Unless Felton didn't get much $, they should've signed Ridnour...

Nets fan 93
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
they have a lot of young assets plus can offer the hornets cap space. Losing favors would be tough but CP3 is the type of player that can elevate all others.

anyone im speculating but i think its a good fit. they are saying knicks could get him but we can't absorb the extra contract that is necessary to get Paul. that's why i really think the nets should not clog their cap because it takes away the possiblity of that kind of trade.
Now that I am thinking about it I would give Favors and we would probably have to give Harris but w/e.

Paul-Lee-Outlaw-Okafor-Lopez
Uzoh-Williams-Ross-Humphries-Zoubek

Not bad to me. Players like outlaw and Williams will thrive with Chris.

wang4three
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM

With the way Chris Paul is, I bet in two years he's signing with the Heat.

Rekindled
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
something like 4-5 m would be reasonable. anything more than that, gtfo new york donnie.

DStebb716
07-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Ends my hopes for a Chris Paul to New York deal, but I like the signing. Liking the way the lineup will look with the addition of Felton.

InspiredLebowski
07-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh it's happening. This generation of players is becoming hard to root for.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
There's "sacrifice" (lebron/wade/bosh taking barely less than the max) and then there's SACRIFICE. Chris Paul isn't going to play for the minimum on a team like that.

GOBB
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Unless Felton didn't get much $, they should've signed Ridnour...

Felton > Ridnour. First neither are worth us arguing for an extensive period of time. But give me Raymond Felton over wack ass Luke. What about his game do you think will help NY that Raymond wont?

Nets fan 93
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
There's "sacrifice" (lebron/wade/bosh taking barely less than the max) and then there's SACRIFICE. Chris Paul isn't going to play for the minimum on a team like that.
It was obviously a joke.

thesnowman22
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Felton is not as bad a shooter as his rep says. His bigger problem is he is not aggressive enough with his scoring. And he certainly is better than Luke R. The way jameer Nelson played this post-season against him destroyed the solid season he had in Charlotte. A lotta Bobcats fans who have wanted him gone are gonna be changing their minds soon i am afraid. Not that he is great, but he is certainly more servicable a PG than DJ Aug. Plus, he will hit the big shots in clutch time.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Why do I get the feeling we are about to seriously overpay for this guy.

Rekindled
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Felton is not as bad a shooter as his rep says. His bigger problem is he is not aggressive enough with his scoring. And he certainly is better than Luke R. The way jameer Nelson played this post-season against him destroyed the solid season he had in Charlotte. A lotta Bobcats fans who have wanted him gone are gonna be changing their minds soon i am afraid. Not that he is great, but he is certainly more servicable a PG than DJ Aug. Plus, he will hit the big shots in clutch time.

no one wants him to take big shots, i know he hit hit a lot of clutch shots in charlotte(including the one agaisnt the pistons ) , charlotte had no shooters.

gallinari will be the one taking the clutch shots.

DaniloGallinari
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM

*hops on time machine*

Want a ride back to 2004?

Qwyjibo
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Felton is not as bad a shooter as his rep says.
It's nothing to do with his rep. His career results show that he is a bad shooter. That is unless last year's better shooting was some kind of sudden change.

DuMa
07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Felton is a great run-n-gun PG. why the hate? he is gonna flourish under D'Antoni. if anything, Larry Brown was holding him back in Charlotte

wang4three
Oh it's happening. This generation of players is becoming hard to root for.

I still got Deron..

OneMoreSucka
I like it because he turns into the next Jared Jeffries? :confusedshrug:

Kujo
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Augustine will have his chance to shine now in Charlotte. He has a bigger upside than Felton imho.

Felton doesn't seem like the right fit for NY's offense, but he's a solid PG.

Rekindled
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
rather have ridnour for a 2 year deal. at least ridnour can shoot.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Felton doesn't fit this team at all. :oldlol:

I guess it's time for the panic signings.

OneMoreSucka
Felton doesn't fit this team at all. :oldlol:

I guess it's time for the panic signings.
Panic? They've had their eye on him for a while now.

bagelred
I like it because he turns into the next Jared Jeffries? :confusedshrug:

The teams that pay big money to "average" players before you have all your core franchise players really suffer.

Eh....let's see what the terms are.

Is the consensus that Felton is better than Ridnour?

Poodle
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
i'd prefer Ridnour personally. i think he's a smarter player, with a better shot, and is a little unorthodox. plus i figure Ridnour would be cheaper, if anything a value since he played off the bench a lot, where as felton's always been a up and coming starter where he's going to be asking for a lot more.

i think felton could have one of the worst shots out of most pg starters iin the NBA. i don't trust it at all, nm the stats. he's got a handle, some quickness, and game but if you don't have a shot you're extremely marginalized imo. he's overrated if anything.

we'll see. who knows how players fit themselves into D Antoni's system :confusedshrug:

i'm guessing but i bet they paid him like 8+ mill/year...

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I seriously hope they didn't overpay him. I like the guy but he is not worth spending a lot of money on him. I am a fan of signing Delonte West though.

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I seriously hope they didn't overpay him. I like the guy but he is not worth spending a lot of money on him. I am a fan of signing Delonte West though.

Are there any other teams out there who are interested in this guy? I can't think of very many starting PG's that I would take Felton over.

Bano114
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Are there any other teams out there who are interested in this guy? I can't think of very many starting PG's that I would take Felton over.

Miami contacted him.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
My question is, how many teams are competing for his services? There aren't that many teams without quality starting PGs......

Charlotte, Indiana......?

And we know who Indiana must be targeting.....doesn't get any whiter than Luke.:lol

bagelred
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Egg Sack Tea

I mean, Exactly

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Miami contacted him.

They can't afford him now.

My question is, how many teams are competing for his services? There aren't that many teams without quality starting PGs......

Charlotte, Indiana......?

And we know who Indiana must be targeting.....doesn't get any whiter than Luke.:lol

Sacramento? What does their salary situation? Hawks maybe. :confusedshrug:

bagelred
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
They can't afford him now.

Sacramento? What does their salary situation? Hawks maybe. :confusedshrug:

Sacremento has Evans and Udrih. No fit there.
Hawks? Bibby, Teague, Crawford, plus they just spent a gazillion dollars on Johnson....and they need MLE for Shaq...maybe

I think Knicks needed to be a little patient on this one. Didn't need to rush to give Felton big contract....but lets see what terms are.

flipogb
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
as long as it doesn't affect a possible Melo signing in the future then it shouldn't be too bad of a contract

Rameek
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I reserve the right to comment until I see this contract details

NUPE_1911
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
It is a good signing. Dantoni needs a pg that can play d, push the ball and keep the tempo proper. This is a vase upgrade over Duhon. Felton shot 38% from three and 46% from the field this past season.

Rekindled
sign felton and trade him to cleveland for delonte

niko
i'd prefer Ridnour personally. i think he's a smarter player, with a better shot, and is a little unorthodox. plus i figure Ridnour would be cheaper, if anything a value since he played off the bench a lot, where as felton's always been a up and coming starter where he's going to be asking for a lot more.

i think felton could have one of the worst shots out of most pg starters iin the NBA. i don't trust it at all, nm the stats. he's got a handle, some quickness, and game but if you don't have a shot you're extremely marginalized imo. he's overrated if anything.

we'll see. who knows how players fit themselves into D Antoni's system :confusedshrug:

i'm guessing but i bet they paid him like 8+ mill/year...

How is Ridnour a smarter player than felton? He shoots a bit better, that's all. Felton is by no means the second coming but he's a good player. Definitely better than Ridnour.

Reverend Hoops
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
When did a 39% from three become bad?:confusedshrug:

Felton or Randolph for MIP.

Knicks are gonna be fun to watch.

New York Knicks
Great play by Felton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjMpny3r44&feature=related

Reverend Hoops
How is Ridnour a smarter player than felton?

Because he is white?

jk

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Rumor is 4 years 28 million...

bagelred
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Great play by Felton:

That reminded me of a Shortstop who throws the ball so badly to first, ends up in the stands.

Reverend Hoops
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Great play by Felton:

Good D by Ridnour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsUxnjgssI

New York Knicks
Way too much. He's a 5mil/yr player max.

NY-Knicks
I think it will be somewhere near the MLE.

Positive thing; we will have a completely new team next season. New point guard, young talent, new all-star power forward.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
As soon as the Knicks acquire players, they become sucky to everyone. Felton has always been a good, not great PG. Suddenly Luke Ridnour a career backup (at least he should be) is a better player easily. Just like David Lee is better suddenly than Amare.

bagelred

Here we go...stuck with those midlevel salaries to mediocre players....eh.......

"Could be worse.......could be raining.........lightning strikes......"

New York Knicks
Good D by Ridnour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsUxnjgssI
D'Antoni wants someone that can pass. He doesn't care if his PG can play D. See: Nash. Now we're gonna have a bunch of finishers and shooters with no one to get them the ball. Felton is NOT a PG. We're better off signing T-Mac to play PG.

wang4three
07-09-2010, 06:03 PM
How is Ridnour a smarter player than felton? He shoots a bit better, that's all. Felton is by no means the second coming but he's a good player. Definitely better than Ridnour.

I like Felton better, but I'm not sure how he fits with NY's offense compared to Ridnour. We all saw what a creative player can do under D'Antoni's system and Ridnour is certainly as creative as a point guard out there. Felton can run the break, but he has defensive talents that I'm not sure D'Antoni will utilize to his advantage. Also, I tend to think that Ridnour is better at the pick and roll than Felton, but Felton never really had a great pick and roll partner on the Bobcats so I'll reserve my judgement.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
D'Antoni wants someone that can pass. He doesn't care if his PG can play D. See: Nash. Now we're gonna have a bunch of finishers and shooters with no one to get them the ball. Felton is NOT a PG. We're better off signing T-Mac to play PG.

You know nothing. Please go somewhere.

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I like Felton better, but I'm not sure how he fits with NY's offense compared to Ridnour. We all saw what a creative player can do under D'Antoni's system and Ridnour is certainly as creative as a point guard out there. Felton can run the break, but he has defensive talents that I'm not sure D'Antoni will utilize to his advantage. Also, I tend to think that Ridnour is better at the pick and roll than Felton, but Felton never really had a great pick and roll partner on the Bobcats so I'll reserve my judgement.
This signing makes no sense. We're basically just getting a fat and slow Toney Douglas.

Poodle

ridnour is underrated good. he can take over games at times when he's hot with his J, and can penetrate also if people over-commit. he's savvy. he doesn't dribble and dribble, or take dumb shots a lot. lets just say he's really good at picking his spots.

felton on the other hand looked terrible a lot of the times i watched him. the Bobcats offense was horrible at times, maybe one of the worst in the league last year during some stretches, and felton was one of their main stars/liabilities imo. i was never impressed with him other than his handle really, but as for a lot of the other aspects of his game, i just think he's going to be a liability if he's relied on to score at all, which he probably will be in D Antoni's offense. he's definitely not the scorer ridnour is, but like i said we'll see...

New York Knicks
You know nothing. Please go somewhere.
Cry about it.

MeLO MvP 15
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
7 mil a year for Felton?

NY should really save their cap space, maybe take on some contracts for picks

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
sign felton and trade him to cleveland for delonte
So he can hook up with Amare's Mom. I'll pass.

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
7 mil a year for Felton?

NY should really save their cap space, maybe take on some contracts for picks
This was definitely a panic signing, which they should know better not to do with all the Isiah shit.

wang4three
This signing makes no sense. We're basically just getting a fat and slow Toney Douglas.

Felton is a pretty fast point guard. I think you're underestimating him in that category. He has had issues with weight, but if he's in shape, he's as fast as anyone. I think people unfairly get at him because the two other points drafted ahead of him, Deron and Paul, are All-NBA'ers and he's just a nice player. He can also be pretty strong. The thing about Toney Douglas is that he is a scorer and defensive player. He's a 2 guard trapped in a 1s body. He's not even a combo guard really.

NUPE_1911
Felton > Ridnour >>>>> Duhon

Amare >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lee

Randolph >>>>> Harrington/Curry/Jeffries

The Knicks improved across the board. 4 years 28 mill for a player that can give us 15 and 6 while playing D is not bad at all. Look at all the other ridiculous signings around the league.

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Felton is a pretty fast point guard. I think you're underestimating him in that category. He has had issues with weight, but if he's in shape, he's as fast as anyone. I think people unfairly get at him because the two other points drafted ahead of him, Deron and Paul, are All-NBA'ers and he's just a nice player.
Baron Davis used to be fast too. When's the last time he was fast?

niko
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM

The bobcats have always played this slow structured style, and as you said, he's never had a good pick and roll partner. (He's never had that great a team period.) I think this is a solid pickup, not a slam dunk but a solid pickup. I think people are assuming somehow the Knicks could get Ridnour for just like 1 year and he'd morph into nash. I think people are slightly underating Felton and slightly overrating Ridnour.

I don't like the signing that much because it seems like a panicky move. Maybe it's not - we'll see. But i certainly don't hate it because we lose out on Ridnour.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:09 PM
ridnour is underrated good. he can take over games at times when he's hot with his J, and can penetrate also if people over-commit. he's savvy. he doesn't dribble and dribble, or take dumb shots a lot. lets just say he's really good at picking his spots.

felton on the other hand looked terrible a lot of the times i watched him. the Bobcats offense was horrible at times, maybe one of the worst in the league last year during some stretches, and felton was one of their main stars/liabilities imo. i was never impressed with him other than his handle really, but as for a lot of the other aspects of his game, i just think he's going to be a liability if he's relied on to score at all, which he probably will be in D Antoni's offense. he's definitely not the scorer ridnour is, but like i said we'll see...

Ridnour takes over games but you have never seen Felton look good?

wang4three
Baron Davis used to be fast too. When's the last time he was fast?

I fail to see how this relates. Baron Davis has been a pretty good player throughout this league.

shyne
Even though he does stupid plays sometimes Felton still got the game. I like his style and wish him all the best in the Knicks

bagelred
Its back to the bench for the MotherPhucker

Hope he stays in rotation at least.

Quizno
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
this New York Knicks guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. this is a good signing by the knicks. felton is one of the best defensive pointguards in the league. yeah, he got straight torched by jameer in the playoffs, but that was really only in one game (and one half) and that will likely never happen again in nelson's career. he was just hitting some ridiculous shots.

felton's jumper isn't that bad. it's not great, but it's much improved. everyone knows felton is a good passer and he's quick as hell, and his assist numbers are only gonna go up this year in a run and gun offense and an all-star power forward in amare. felton can get to the rim pretty frequently when he wants to and it's gonna be a lot of fun watching what he does with amare.

don't forget, felton shot something like 38% from 3 this year. he really can shoot, he hasn't been able to in the past but his jumpshot is much improved this past season and i really doubt that's a fluke. he's a good starting caliber pointguard and he'll flourish under this system, and the knicks finally get a player who can play defense.

i'm definitely going to be watching a lot of knicks games this year. should be interesting :cheers:

Knicks101
I'm just hoping that he's using us to get a bigger contract from somebody else. I really am not interested in this guy at all. I'd rather see JR Giddens run the point. Not really, but still.

NUPE_1911
The bobcats have always played this slow structured style, and as you said, he's never had a good pick and roll partner. (He's never had that great a team period.) I think this is a solid pickup, not a slam dunk but a solid pickup. I think people are assuming somehow the Knicks could get Ridnour for just like 1 year and he'd morph into nash. I think people are slightly underating Felton and slightly overrating Ridnour.

I don't like the signing that much because it seems like a panicky move. Maybe it's not - we'll see. But i certainly don't hate it because we lose out on Ridnour.

The Knick's desperately needed a pg that can get the ball up the floor fast and get the ball to players in the right spot. Felton can do that. He is not an slam dunk but will get the job done. he shot 38% from three and 46% from the field with 2 steals a game. What is this nonsense about he cant shoot?!?!

wang4three

You guys needed a point and I assume that Tony Parker was no longer available to you; I can see how you guys ended up with Felton.

Poodle
07-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Ridnour takes over games but you have never seen Felton look good?

you shouldn't talk in absolutes because everyone has their games. but yeah for the most part...

again i don't care if you want to argue with me to justify the signing. i'm just telling you my opinion of them, and we'll see how much it pans out...

New York Knicks
I fail to see how this relates. Baron Davis has been a pretty good player throughout this league.
I'm talking about speed and weight. Baron never shed the weight once he gained it and was never as fast as he used to be. It was a response to your "he'll be fast once he loses the weight stuff" about Felton. Wtf else were we talking about? How'd you get lost so fast?

NUPE_1911
You guys needed a point and I assume that Tony Parker was no longer available to you; I can see how you guys ended up with Felton. I think his streaky jumpshot really will hurt you. You guys needed Duhan to be hitting 3s out there and Felton is no better at doing that. Ridnour atleast was having an excellent shooting season last year.

38% is streaky from three now?!?!

Poodle
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
The Knick's desperately needed a pg that can get the ball up the floor fast and get the ball to players in the right spot. Felton can do that. He is not an slam dunk but will get the job done. he shot 38% from three and 46% from the field with 2 steals a game. What is this nonsense about he cant shoot?!?!

stats don't tell the full stories, and i don't care what anyone says felton is not a good shooter. he's one of those almost aiming shooters that are insecure because they know their shot sux.

niko
You guys needed a point and I assume that Tony Parker was no longer available to you; I can see how you guys ended up with Felton.

I think the thing is that they wanted to fill out the roster and leave room for one max, and trying to get another forward, center, etc. was a better idea than a PG, who if we played wihtout a decent PG, we'd suck badly. my 2 cents...

wang4three
38% is streaky from three now?!?!

He is streaky. Just look at him at the playoffs.

Reverend Hoops
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Last season:

Felton shot 39% from 3, Ridnour shot 38% :confusedshrug:

Felton is obviously the better PG and I am a Duke fan.

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
this New York Knicks guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. this is a good signing by the knicks. felton is one of the best defensive pointguards in the league. yeah, he got straight torched by jameer in the playoffs, but that was really only in one game (and one half) and that will likely never happen again in nelson's career. he was just hitting some ridiculous shots.

felton's jumper isn't that bad. it's not great, but it's much improved. everyone knows felton is a good passer and he's quick as hell, and his assist numbers are only gonna go up this year in a run and gun offense and an all-star power forward in amare. felton can get to the rim pretty frequently when he wants to and it's gonna be a lot of fun watching what he does with amare.

don't forget, felton shot something like 38% from 3 this year. he really can shoot, he hasn't been able to in the past but his jumpshot is much improved this past season and i really doubt that's a fluke. he's a good starting caliber pointguard and he'll flourish under this system, and the knicks finally get a player who can play defense.

i'm definitely going to be watching a lot of knicks games this year. should be interesting :cheers:
He still CANNOT pass. We need a PG that can pass or Amare will be useless. What're we gonna do now? Give the ball to Amare on the post? I'm calling it now. The P&R game will be a failure. And to top it off the offer is 7mil/yr for this chump? That's absurd for a PG that can't pass. That's like signing a scorer that can't score.

Quizno
07-09-2010, 06:17 PM
He still CANNOT pass. We need a PG that can pass or Amare will be useless. What're we gonna do now? Give the ball to Amare on the post? I'm calling it now. The P&R game will be a failure. And to top it off the offer is 7mil/yr for this chump? That's absurd for a PG that can't pass. That's like signing a scorer that can't score.
yeah, you don't watch bobcats games. that's okay. feel free to keep acting like you know what you're talking about.

NUPE_1911
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
He is streaky. Just look at him at the playoffs.

I will take a whole seasons worth of games for an evaluation rather than 5 to 6 games during the Playoffs where the Bobcats were outmatched and lost to a substantially better team.

Felton shot 38% from the three. That is a fact. 46% from the field. That is a fact. 2 steal per game. That is a fact. Stats aren't everything but he will be 100% better than Duhon in the Dantoni system.

Luke Ridnour became massively overrated once the Knick's signed Felton just like Lee became GOD once we signed Amare. SMH!

OneMoreSucka
I'm just hoping that he's using us to get a bigger contract from somebody else. I really am not interested in this guy at all. I'd rather see JR Giddens run the point. Not really, but still.
He's a talented player

New York Knicks
yeah, you don't watch bobcats games. that's okay. feel free to keep acting like you know what you're talking about.
I've seen plenty thanks. There's a reason the Bobcats didn't want him back. I'd rather have Augustin over Felton. At least, he's not fat.

NUPE_1911
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I've seen plenty thanks. There's a reason the Bobcats didn't want him back. I'd rather have Augustin over Felton. At least, he's not fat.

Augustin shoots a terrible % from the field and can not finish at the rim. He also plays no D. he does shoot better than Felton but he is not better than Felton as a player. There is a reason Felton started over him.

NUPE_1911
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Augustin shot 38% from the field last year. That is freaking awful - Duhon Terrible. Augustin shot threes at the same % as Felton, just about. Do you people even know what you are talking about!?!?!?!

Knicks101
07-09-2010, 06:24 PM
He's a talented player

He's just average to me. It's not about him personally, for a decent price I would like to have him. I just know that we're going to give him too much.

niko
07-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Charlotte is giving up on Felton because they don't want to pay him.

New York Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Augustin shot 38% from the field last year. That is freaking awful - Duhon Terrible. Augustin shot threes at the same % as Felton, just about. Do you people even know what you are talking about!?!?!?!
Lol at this clown just looking up stats anyone can look up. Have you ever even seen the two play?

NUPE_1911
07-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Lol at this clown just looking up stats anyone can look up. Have you ever even seen the two play?

I have had league pass for the last 8 years. So, yea I have. Felton is better, stronger and can now shoot well. Augustin shoots extremely well from everywhere if he is open otherwise he shoots a shit % and struggles to finish at the rim. He is not one to push the ball up the floor from what I have seen.

NUPE_1911
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Charlotte is giving up on Felton because they don't want to pay him.

Exactly. They started him over the golden boy Augsutin because he was simply better.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 06:32 PM

what do you think of this signing for the Knicks, from a Cats fan perspective?

wang4three
07-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm talking about speed and weight. Baron never shed the weight once he gained it and was never as fast as he used to be. It was a response to your "he'll be fast once he loses the weight stuff" about Felton. Wtf else were we talking about? How'd you get lost so fast?

He was out of shape to start the season but by mid-season he was fine. So I fail to see how it relates.

wang4three
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I will take a whole seasons worth of games for an evaluation rather than 5 to 6 games during the Playoffs where the Bobcats were outmatched and lost to a substantially better team.

Felton shot 38% from the three. That is a fact. 46% from the field. That is a fact. 2 steal per game. That is a fact. Stats aren't everything but he will be 100% better than Duhon in the Dantoni system.

Luke Ridnour became massively overrated once the Knick's signed Felton just like Lee became GOD once we signed Amare. SMH!

Fair enough. But wait till you see him play, you'll find his shot to be inconsistent. He's never been praised for his shooting.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Felton is better than Augustin, no doubt. Augustin literally can't do anything well on the NBA level.

Felton is better than Duhon too (but that's not saying much).

The problem is that Feltons best asset is his defense... but he now plays for a team that doesn't defend. Felton was a perfect fit on that Bobcats roster, and a complete mismatch on this Knicks roster.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 06:53 PM
The problem is that Feltons best asset is his defense... but he now plays for a team that doesn't defend.

What does that even mean?

statman32
07-09-2010, 06:57 PM
He isnt a great shooter but he has never been on a team with such a good offensive big man and that alone should help him. He isnt a star but he is a piece that could help on a contending team which the Knicks could be if they got another star and a few more other pieces. 6-7 mil a year is reasonable considering the market and the Knicks need for a PG. Him playing defense doesnt make him a bad fit for the Knicks, it helps them. They will have enough offense with Amare/Danilo/Randolph/Chandler and the star they get. A defensive PG is just what they need and will help out the notion that Amare cant play a lick of defense.

DaniloGallinari
07-09-2010, 06:57 PM

The Knicks stand around and let the other team score buckets.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 06:58 PM
The Knicks stand around and let the other team score buckets.

So Felton will be required to not play defense? Interesting take.....

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
we actually have good defensive players.

Felton
Douglas
Chandler
Randolph
Turiaf
Gallinari

bdreason
07-09-2010, 07:02 PM

It means bringing in one guy to play defense on the perimeter doesn't make sense when the rest of the team (and the entire philosophy of the team) doesn't play defense.

The Knicks try to win by outscoring their opponent (not by getting stops), and they just signed a PG whose biggest asset is his defense.

Knicks should have tried to get Monta in the David Lee S&T. Now thats a perfect fit for No "D" Antoni's run n gun philosophy.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
we actually have good defensive players.

Felton
Douglas
Chandler
Randolph
Turiaf
Gallinari

Just a heads up from a Warriors fan, Randolph is a terrible defender, and gets tossed around at the 4 spot. He does have tons of offensive potential though.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 07:07 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2yjynx4.png

This would be Knicks updated cap situation assuming its $7 million for Felton. Almost tapped out. Actually, they could get one more quality player....Still have our 2nd round picks but you can sign them even if no cap space left.

DaniloGallinari
07-09-2010, 07:10 PM
So we can basically sign some more 1 year minimum contracts to fill out the roster, and then possibly have 20 mill in cap space next year.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 07:12 PM
So we can basically sign some more 1 year minimum contracts to fill out the roster, and then possibly have 20 mill in cap space next year.

List doesn't include the Knicks 3 2nd round picks.....if all get signed.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM

I'm pretty sure you guys can still sign a solid 5-6 mil per year player. Then sign your draft picks and/or min. salary players. Then you would still have your MLE I think.

And isn't the salary cap 60 mil now?

bagelred
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you guys can still sign a solid 5-6 mil per year player. Then sign your draft picks and/or min. salary players. Then you would still have your MLE I think.

And isn't the salary cap 60 mil now?

For the millionth time, you don't get the MLE if you are under the cap.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 07:21 PM
For the millionth time, you don't get the MLE if you are under the cap.

And if the Knicks go over the cap to fill out the roster?

Droid101
07-09-2010, 07:33 PM
And if the Knicks go over the cap to fill out the roster?
If you are under the cap at the time the free agency period begins, you get no MLE that year.

ALBballer
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Mixed feelings. On one end, it destroys the chances of the Knicks getting (2) max free agents next year, but after going through this FA period I'm kinda sick of Free agency. Who knows what will happen with Paul and Parker.

On the other end, it looks like the Knicks got him for a decent deal. There were no real suitors for him. Felton isn't a great shooter and he's not the protypical pg in D'antoni's system, but the kid has talent. He's fast, a good passer and plays defense. I like the deal I suppose. I think it guarantees the Knicks 40 wins and gives the knicks alot of depth.

bdreason
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
If you are under the cap at the time the free agency period begins, you get no MLE that year.

oh ok.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Just a heads up from a Warriors fan, Randolph is a terrible defender, and gets tossed around at the 4 spot. He does have tons of offensive potential though.

he definitely needs to bulk up, that will help him with rebounding and defense.

ALBballer
07-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Someone from realgm claimed it was a 3 year deal and it was declining.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 07:51 PM
We shouldn't sign anyone else unless it's for the veteran minimum if we sign Felton. Except for Earl Barron, we should get him back. Trade Eddy Curry for a big man who can play alongside Amar'e or let him expire next year.

Has Curry used his player option already?

We will still have over 16 million next season.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Says they have agreement in principle, with starting salary at $7 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5367965

chips93
07-09-2010, 08:03 PM
he definitely needs to bulk up, that will help him with rebounding and defense.

Its already been 2 years and he doesnt look much thicker.

his frail frame was a weakness coming into the league so we can probably assume he has been doing weight training in golden state, so he probably wont ever be that strong

Snoop_Cat
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Felton??? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mutli-Year??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Its already been 2 years and he doesnt look much thicker.

his frail frame was a weakness coming into the league so we can probably assume he has been doing weight training in golden state, so he probably wont ever be that strong

I think he will be able to put on some weight though. He does look bigger than in his rookie season.

knickscity
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I hope Felton isn't at the 7mil a season that espn is reporting. Nice piece to the team, but no more than 5 a season should have been it.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Apparently he weighed less than 200 lbs when he entered the league and weighs around 230 right now.

chips93
07-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Apparently he weighed less than 200 lbs when he entered the league and weighs around 230 right now.

i stand corrected. I hope randolph improves, the more he plays, the more highlight dunks/blocks i get to see in the highlights

DStebb716
07-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I hope Felton isn't at the 7mil a season that espn is reporting. Nice piece to the team, but no more than 5 a season should have been it.

Well the first number I heard was 10 mill, when I heard that I almost ripped the roof off MSG. 7 Mill: Not the greatest, but I'll live with it if he can get Amar'e some good looks.

Quizno
07-09-2010, 09:41 PM
what do you think of this signing for the Knicks, from a Cats fan perspective?
sorry, i was out for a while.

well, as a cats fan, this is pretty bad for us. we run a slow paced halfcourt offense and felton was pretty good at that, although he's better at pushing the ball. augustin can is not even close to a starting caliber pointguard and he's not even a very good backup. felton's great at getting to and finishing at the rim, and augustin can't do that at all. for a cats fan this is real bad, but the knicks picked up a good player and they could be in playoff contention. chances of the cats having a repeat playoff season are pretty slim.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
sorry, i was out for a while.

well, as a cats fan, this is pretty bad for us. we run a slow paced halfcourt offense and felton was pretty good at that, although he's better at pushing the ball. augustin can is not even close to a starting caliber pointguard and he's not even a very good backup. felton's great at getting to and finishing at the rim, and augustin can't do that at all. for a cats fan this is real bad, but the knicks picked up a good player and they could be in playoff contention. chances of the cats having a repeat playoff season are pretty slim.

Is his defense really solid or just decent?
How do you evaluate his jumpshot and his passing ability?

PP34Deuce
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Big fan of Raymond Felton. Knicks fans seem to be the most pissed. He can prove to be a steal for you at 7 million

Hes 25-26,Hes not fat but stocky like Baron Davis. Great athlete and defensive key player. Trust him to shoot a 3 over a midrange shot. Great penetrator.

Hes a poor mans chris paul with a lil Rondo mixed in. He was constricted in that offense. When he did run he got easy buckets for Okafor,Mays,etc.

The Knicks need a 2guard and they are set they have a good core im actually eager to watch Knick games now

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Big fan of Raymond Felton. Knicks fans seem to be the most pissed. He can prove to be a steal for you at 7 million

Hes 25-26,Hes not fat but stocky like Baron Davis. Great athlete and defensive key player. Trust him to shoot a 3 over a midrange shot. Great penetrator.

Hes a poor mans chris paul with a lil Rondo mixed in. He was constricted in that offense. When he did run he got easy buckets for Okafor,Mays,etc.

The Knicks need a 2guard and they are set they have a good core im actually eager to watch Knick games now

this is coming from a celtics fan :eek:

I like Felton if it isn't for a huge contract.

mrhoopfan
07-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Now they have to bring in Rudy Fernandez

Quizno
07-09-2010, 10:12 PM
his defense is very solid, he's easily one of the best defensive pointguards in the league.

his passing ability is above average. he's great at alley oops and getting to the rim and dishing it off to a big man near the basket. his jumpshot is also much much much improved, he can hit the 3 with regularity and he can create his own shot. he's an underrated player honestly. his stats suffered a little bit this year only because we got stephen jackson who's a ball dominant guard and had the ball in his hands a lot of the time. s-jax likes to get the ball and create his own shot rather than be set up, which is how felton likes to play.

Draz
07-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I think we have a chance now, the team didn't get any worst so spare them some innocence lol.

NY-Knicks
07-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Now they have to bring in Rudy Fernandez

How?

PP34Deuce
07-09-2010, 10:24 PM
All I know is Amare was a 23ppg 9rpg guy with a streaky Barbosa as his PG.

Amare felton will have some SC highlights and make that knicks team fun. Felton and Wallace/Okafor was a guranteed alley oop.

bagelred
07-09-2010, 10:38 PM

You've got to understand. We've been traumatized by Isiah Thomas and all the ridiculous megacontracts for so long. For two years straight, our only goal was to clear cap space. We've FINALLY done it.

So any semi-long term contract on a non star player makes us nervous. It's like "Do we really need this guy? Why are we locking up our cap space?"

We'll feel better when we knows specifics of contracts, etc. and once we see his impact.

OneMoreSucka
07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Where you at niko.....these shits are the BOMB DIGGITY

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9390/photo2ad.jpg

niko
07-10-2010, 08:43 AM

:D We going to see if the truck is there now in prospect park (saturday morning).

bluechox
07-10-2010, 09:15 AM
pg: felton, douglas
sg: azubuike, chandler, walker
sf: gallinari, chandler
pf: randolph, gallinari
c: amare, turiaf

its a pretty good team, definately make playoffs

NY-Knicks
07-10-2010, 10:35 AM
pg: felton, douglas
sg: azubuike, chandler, walker
sf: gallinari, chandler
pf: randolph, gallinari
c: amare, turiaf

its a pretty good team, definately make playoffs

depends on the constant development of Wilson, Gallinari and Anthony Randolph. They need to be consistent for us to win ballgames. I think Wilson will be starting at the two. The East has gotten much stronger which makes it harder to get in the Playoffs.

OneMoreSucka
07-10-2010, 11:33 AM
3 years 25 million, lord have mercy

shafir
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Third year is a team option- besides, I'd rather have this 3 year 25 (2 year 17) then a 5 year 25, or even 5 year 20.

bagelred
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM

oh my god.....link? Third year team option?

OK, better...........

DaniloGallinari
07-10-2010, 11:41 AM

Oh my god. Where is this place?

OneMoreSucka
07-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh my god. Where is this place?
Bleecker and Carmine, it changes daily though because it's a truck

Snoop_Cat
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Third year is a team option- besides, I'd rather have this 3 year 25 (2 year 17) then a 5 year 25, or even 5 year 20.

Goddamn, thats a lot for Felton.. little guy better produce.

bballer
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
i'll definatly be watching the Knicks from now on.

statman32
07-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Thats not bad at all. Felton is not gonna be a player like Jeffries and some of the other players that the Knicks have signed to similar but longer deals. He will actually be of some use even if dissapointing. You have to think of this as a 2 year 17 mil contract because of the team option. If he does a great job, you get a steal, If he sucks, u only wasted 2 years on this guy but he provided better than replacement level results so still helped in the meantime.

Bano114
07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Thats not bad at all. Felton is not gonna be a player like Jeffries and some of the other players that the Knicks have signed to similar but longer deals. He will actually be of some use even if dissapointing. You have to think of this as a 2 year 17 mil contract because of the team option. If he does a great job, you get a steal, If he sucks, u only wasted 2 years on this guy but he provided better than replacement level results so still helped in the meantime.

Lets hope so. I almost thought you said hes going to be as good as Jeffries. I was shocked for a second.:oldlol:

OneMoreSucka
07-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Deal is officially 2 years 15.8 million

http://knickstweets.net/from-the-office-of-donnie-walsh/raymond-felton-deal-2-years-15-8-million/

OneMoreSucka
07-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Felton on the Knicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYv-OUfzRw

OneMoreSucka
07-10-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/873463/gtgrg-o.gif

:pimp:

Never realized it before but Ty Lawson plays VERY similar to him

Blue&Orange
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Is there any limit to how much you can front load a contract?

bagelred
07-10-2010, 06:22 PM
The more I think about this signing, the better it is. It's only a two year deal, so this guy is our starting PG for next two years. Compared to other starting PGs in the league, not on rookie scale, its probably about average.

But it does the most important thing possible. He's off the books in 2012.

Gee, which two franchise changing PGs will be Unrestricted Free Agents in 2012, who just happen to be in the same draft class as Mr. Felton.

They had to overpay him short term to get him and only accept 2 years.

Carmelo next year, CP3/Deron year after.......:rockon:

bagelred
07-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Is there any limit to how much you can front load a contract?

I think the 2nd year, you can only go down 8%, same as maximum raises.

Thinking about it, Knicks did same thing with Chris Duhon. Overpaying for a shorter two year contract for future flexibility.

Blue&Orange
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
meh

That means the Knicks can save something like $650.000 from 2011\12 salary.

bagelred
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Why aren't the Knicks and Bobcats doing a Sign and Trade?

Bobcats could really use it, as they are trying to find another PG and they are capped out. Knicks can get a #1 draft pick from them

Anyone? :confusedshrug: