PDA

View Full Version : What about Chris Bosh, rank him All-Time?

L.Kizzle
07-10-2010, 10:11 PM
We've been seeing all the Wade and Bron thread of wear they rank all time and Chris Bosh has once again been left out.

Where does he rank All-Time?

Lakers13
07-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Still fighting to make top 100

L.Kizzle
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Still fighting to make top 100
So where he at, around Tom Chambers, Jermaine O'Neal level?

CLTHornets4eva
07-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Unranked. PERIOD.

knickscity
07-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Bosh is not top 100

Foster5k
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
He is ranked somewhere, just not anywhere important at the moment.

Lakers13
07-10-2010, 11:17 PM
So where he at, around Tom Chambers, Jermaine O'Neal level?

Below them

Tito Beasley
07-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Somewhere between Duncan and Shaq, and just below Darko.

Kobe_6/8
05-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Somewhere between Duncan and Shaq, and just below Darko.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/bosh.gif

red1
05-31-2015, 11:13 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/6f80d50acb3617640e7d64371746308d/tumblr_molekncR3V1sow5d2o1_400.gif

NumberSix
05-31-2015, 11:16 AM
2 rings.

dubeta
05-31-2015, 11:21 AM

Would've been higher if he didn't sabotage the finals last year.

QuebecBaller
05-31-2015, 11:29 AM
above or below Horace Grant? :confusedshrug:

Spurs5Rings2014
05-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Who cares? You don't get props for joining a super team and underachieving as a third banana. Should of stayed on the Raptors and continued putting up 24/11. Would be considered much better right now.

StephHamann
05-31-2015, 11:38 AM
GOAT homosexual

pastis
05-31-2015, 11:40 AM
difficult to rank.

he puts up some nice stats back in toronto and miami, but ...more like redd or love type of stats. not winning stats (until now). he already has 10 all-star nominations and will probably end his career with more all star games thant dirk. saying that, he just made 1 all-nba team.

bron made him a winner. since james is gone.. bosh right now cant fill in the alpha.male gap left in miami

so all in all: i wouldnt event rank him in the top 100 even with his stats and 10 all star nominations.

scandisk_
05-31-2015, 11:40 AM
above or below Horace Grant? :confusedshrug:

above

Wade's Rings
05-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Who cares? You don't get props for joining a super team and underachieving as a third banana. Should of stayed on the Raptors and continued putting up 24/11. Would be considered much better right now.

If had he had at least been a 2nd option playing formidable for 2 Titles his legacy would've improved.

The Heat pretty much won 2 series without him in 2012. He went scoreless in Multiple Game 7s. Last year he was average throughout the Playoffs and stunk it up in the Finals.

Magic 32
05-31-2015, 11:57 AM
Another reason not to play with Lebron.

VIP2000
05-31-2015, 12:16 PM
Above Antawn Jamison, and along the same lines as Tom Chambers and Shawn Kemp.

MEB2kDeez
05-31-2015, 12:49 PM
35-100 mark, never thought this out lol

Bandito
05-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Above Antawn Jamison, and along the same lines as Tom Chambers and Shawn Kemp.
Exactly this, he's a second banana at worst on any team not having Lebron and Wade.

imdaman99
05-31-2015, 12:53 PM
35-100 mark, never thought this out lol
No way. You don't get rewarded extra points just because he grabbed an offensive rebound and saved someone else's legacy with an assist.

He belongs in the top 150 though. Will not do a list on it :oldlol:

MEB2kDeez
05-31-2015, 12:55 PM
No way. You don't get rewarded extra points just because he grabbed an offensive rebound and saved someone else's legacy with an assist.

He belongs in the top 150 though. Will not do a list on it :oldlol:
Touchė :lol

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2015, 12:55 PM
Top 75-100 range.

10 all star accolades will put him high, but I don't think he would have been a 10 time all-star if he was in the West his whole career. Great 3rd banana, I always said that's where he belongs on a team.

francesco totti
05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
I would take Rasheed Wallace over him.Shawn Kemp. Horace Grant.
Chris Webber.Dennis Rodman. Duncan.Barkley.Mchale.Nowitzki. Malone. Garnett.

He would maybe crack top 50 in all time power forwards.

SHAQisGOAT
05-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Don't have a clear list and it's hard to say exactly but I think he's top100, considering everything...

SouBeachTalents
05-31-2015, 07:20 PM
His two third wheel rings are the primary reason Bosh is going to be ranked well ahead of players like Abdur-Rahim, Jamison, Randolph, Al Jefferson, Boozer, Brand, Marion, Jermaine O'Neal etc, who all share similar production, accolades, and playoff success as a franchise player. He's had better longevity than some of those players, so he deserves credit for that, but in their primes, Bosh wasn't any more successful.

As for where he ranks all time, he'd make the Top 100 at best. He shouldn't be ranked ahead of players like Mourning, Amare, Gasol, or Webber

greatest-ever
05-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Definitely in the top 100, i'd venture to say somewhere in the 85-90 range. Thing is, even though Bosh has 2 rings it doesn't do all that much for his legacy because he didn't play very well in the playoffs when he won them.

Meticode
05-31-2015, 07:55 PM
I barely have the time of day to even gauge the NBA's all-time top 10, much less top ****ing 100.

Spurs m8
05-31-2015, 07:56 PM

jzek
05-31-2015, 07:56 PM
Top 125-150 all time

Doubtful HoF... might take max tries before getting in.

ILLsmak
05-31-2015, 08:03 PM
There's no way I have the energy to go thru all of the people before him and, when approaching his spot, ask "was this guy better?" Just a gumball machine guess would be like... 200-250. That may be way too low, but I dunno... cuz I think I would rather have a really good 2nd or 3rd option than someone like Bosh.

-Smak

ShawkFactory
05-31-2015, 09:21 PM
I could probably name 25-30 guys active right now that either have a better resume or were just better players than Bosh.

So probably not top 100..

plowking
05-31-2015, 09:42 PM
I've been a huge supporter of Bosh since he got to Miami, but I remember seeing my posts on here about him prior to joining. I never rated him, thought he was overrated, soft and played basketball the wrong way for a big guy. To be honest, despite supporting him on Miami now, and even buying his jersey (haha), I'd say my opinion of him prior is even more suited now.
He has become softer, more finesse based, and just generally even further away from how a big man should play.
He has actually become a worse player since coming to Miami mainly due to becoming way too comfortable in that shooting big type role. If anything, what has happened in Miami in terms of his progression as a player, has been catastrophic for him. He has 30/31 right now, and as a big man should be experiencing some of his best years, yet he has clearly regressed as a player. I know he had that scary injury this year, but even prior to it, just not an impressive big, and probably as bad as Bargs now at rebounding, which is flat out embarrassing.

Saying all that, I watch and support the Heat and hope to see him get aggressive soon. He always seemed to play the right way, back when we used to play the Lakers with Gasol and Bynum. I remember he had so many jams and great drives to the ring. Wish he would play like that against everyone.

L.Kizzle
05-31-2015, 11:33 PM
Bosh is probably top 80-95. Probably around guys like Bob Dandridge, Tom Heinsonh, ect.

HylianNightmare
05-31-2015, 11:39 PM
GOAT homosexual

Tim Duncan

L.Kizzle
05-31-2015, 11:40 PM
I could probably name 25-30 guys active right now that either have a better resume or were just better players than Bosh.

So probably not top 100..
No you can't.

plowking
05-31-2015, 11:48 PM
No you can't.

Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
James Harden
Dirk Nowitzki
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins

Those are 17 guys who either have better careers, or have all reached Bosh's level of play and above.
You could add a few others who are on the fringe, or who have fallen off after injuries like Rose too I guess.

Would you disagree?

EDIT: Amare, Garnett, Vince, etc. Few more names I forgot about.

Was Bosh even considered better than Boozer in his prime? I know he was a more popular name due to the link with the draft class and prettier stats, etc, but both only have one ALL NBA team.

SouBeachTalents
06-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Bosh is probably top 80-95. Probably around guys like Bob Dandridge, Tom Heinsonh, ect.

How would rank Bosh compared to these players

2000's
Gasol
Mourning
Amare
Webber

Pre 2000's
Shawn Kemp
Larry Nance
John Drew
Tom Chambers
Bob Dandridge
Terry Cummings
Marques Johnson

L.Kizzle
06-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
James Harden
Dirk Nowitzki
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins

Those are 17 guys who either have better careers, or have all reached Bosh's level of play and above.
You could add a few others who are on the fringe, or who have fallen off after injuries like Rose too I guess.

Would you disagree?

EDIT: Amare, Garnett, Vince, etc. Few more names I forgot about.

Was Bosh even considered better than Boozer in his prime? I know he was a more popular name due to the link with the draft class and prettier stats, etc, but both only have one ALL NBA team.
So Demarcus Cousins has had a better career than Chris Bosh already? Anthony Davis? I agree on most of those names. Some are automatic like Dirk, Pierce, KD. But than you have the group of younger guys like Harden and Curry. Can you say they've already accomplished more than a ten time all-star, 2 time champ?

And Boozer? Boozer was never better than Bosh. Him playing with Sloan, William in Utah in the mid-late 2000s helped that cause. witch Bosh to Utah and Booz in Toronto and I can't see him leading Raptors to a few playoff births like Bosh did.

L.Kizzle
06-01-2015, 12:35 AM

2000's
Gasol
Mourning
Amare
Webber

Pre 2000's
Shawn Kemp
Larry Nance
John Drew
Tom Chambers
Bob Dandridge
Terry Cummings
Marques Johnson
-Gasol: I'd say about even with Gasol. Either one can go in front of each other. No biggie.
-Mourning: Mourning over Bosh
-Amare: This one is tricky. Tough. I think him, Gasol and Amare is a tough decision right there.
-Webber: C-Webb easily.

Bosh is a definite over Chambers, Cummings, Nance and freaking John Drew. I'd say over Kemp slightly also. Marques Johnson is a tough one. Dandridge same with Johnson.

Jermaine O'Neal is another good one (lol, they teamed together for a short time, anyone remember that?)

Legends66NBA7
06-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Jermaine O'Neal is another good one (lol, they teamed together for a short time, anyone remember that?)

Began the downward spiral of the Colangelo era.

plowking
06-01-2015, 12:49 AM
So Demarcus Cousins has had a better career than Chris Bosh already? Anthony Davis? I agree on most of those names. Some are automatic like Dirk, Pierce, KD. But than you have the group of younger guys like Harden and Curry. Can you say they've already accomplished more than a ten time all-star, 2 time champ?

And Boozer? Boozer was never better than Bosh. Him playing with Sloan, William in Utah in the mid-late 2000s helped that cause. witch Bosh to Utah and Booz in Toronto and I can't see him leading Raptors to a few playoff births like Bosh did.

Not a better career, but both DMC and AD have already had better seasons and been more impactful on the court than CB ever was.
Curry is an MVP that will more than likely win a title this season, as well as the best 3 point shooter ever. His career is already better than Bosh's and is more relevant now than Bosh has ever been.
Harden has done this season more than Bosh could ever do. Put up a better season and will more than likely go down a better player.

Bosh is a good player, that plays basketball the wrong way. In no way shape or form is he a better player than Pau Gasol. He has all the tools to be, but he is too soft, and doesn't want to play like a big man. That type of agility and quickness from a big and he wants to stay outside and shoot jumpers? He has all the tools to be putting up Hakeem type seasons, yet he doesn't. And he isn't better than peak Amare. Dude was putting up dominant playoff runs and killing Duncan.

L.Kizzle
06-01-2015, 01:01 AM
Not a better career, but both DMC and AD have already had better seasons and been more impactful on the court than CB ever was.
Curry is an MVP that will more than likely win a title this season, as well as the best 3 point shooter ever. His career is already better than Bosh's and is more relevant now than Bosh has ever been.
Harden has done this season more than Bosh could ever do. Put up a better season and will more than likely go down a better player.

Bosh is a good player, that plays basketball the wrong way. In no way shape or form is he a better player than Pau Gasol. He has all the tools to be, but he is too soft, and doesn't want to play like a big man. That type of agility and quickness from a big and he wants to stay outside and shoot jumpers? He has all the tools to be putting up Hakeem type seasons, yet he doesn't. And he isn't better than peak Amare. Dude was putting up dominant playoff runs and killing Duncan.
If bot Cousins and Davis decide to retire before next season starts, they're not ranked over Bosh. I don't know if you can take Curry's past two-three season and take them over Bosh's career. If he had his previous seasons like this past season sure. Same with Harden. You need some dominant years to take down a career.

Gasol is just as soft as Bosh. Amare killing Duncan was part of the Spurs plan as you see they dominated the series.

plowking
06-01-2015, 01:10 AM
If bot Cousins and Davis decide to retire before next season starts, they're not ranked over Bosh. I don't know if you can take Curry's past two-three season and take them over Bosh's career. If he had his previous seasons like this past season sure. Same with Harden. You need some dominant years to take down a career.

Gasol is just as soft as Bosh. Amare killing Duncan was part of the Spurs plan as you see they dominated the series.

They're not, but if their career keeps playing out the way it is, and they play another 7-8 years at a high level, than yes, they get ranked above him, because they were better players.

GimmeThat
06-01-2015, 01:12 AM
I'd say maybe one tier below Joe Dumars. knowing how Dumars career panned out of course.

If Dwayne Wade wasn't dealing with an injury issue, Miami Could go the defensive route even post Bron, and some might think that I am confusing him with Paul George here. But at this point of their career, Bosh's face up jumper (without knowing how much age has affected that aspect) gets the nod. Not just because shooters are much easier to come by, but also because his playing style has shown that it leaves room for another post player down low.

As for the differences between him and LaMarcus Aldridge, I would say that you are comparing Tony Parker to a certain extense pre-injury Deron Williams, if not someone who is one tier above Kirk Hinrich.

GimmeThat
06-01-2015, 01:37 AM

2000's
Gasol
Mourning
Amare
Webber

Pre 2000's
Shawn Kemp
Larry Nance
John Drew
Tom Chambers
Bob Dandridge
Terry Cummings
Marques Johnson

I'd say that in the 90's
Mourning
Webber slightly over Bosh
Gasol Amare

the 2000's
Bosh/Webber
Gasol//Amare/Mourning

the 10's
Mourning
Bosh/Gasol/Webber/Amare

*disclaimer on Amare, imagined if you had to rank Barkley/Martin along the list. I consider them the type of players who could help you steal a championship on a year based on health/(strength of schedule 'considering last year's playoff length per team)

repeat on a year when the draft is stronger/deeper than the Free agency.

*** you can say I'm way too high on Kobe. and a Kobe stan. I'll take it.
and you know, Lamar Odom for Paul George, or Lamar Odom for Ben Wallace plus Antoine Walker

houston
06-01-2015, 02:10 AM
90-100 Bosh got too many all-star appearances just to make 1 all-nba team. He basically this era robert parish

L.Kizzle
06-01-2015, 08:55 AM
90-100 Bosh got too many all-star appearances just to make 1 all-nba team. He basically this era robert parish
He should have made more than one really.