PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson says Dan Gilbert's ''slave master" mentality is dangerous for James

PleezeBelieve
07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
CHICAGO -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Shortly after James announced his decision Thursday night, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

Jackson says Gilbert's comments "personify a slave master mentality" and the owner should face a "challenge" from the league.

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers, James and the NBA.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

This gets better and better. Al Sharpton is next to defend the coward. :roll:

konex
07-11-2010, 08:11 PM
LeBron better release a statement telling these douchebags to STFU if he knows what's good for him. Yeah Gilbert is ***** made but if you want white America to turn on you, let these guys get associated with you :roll:

entropy35
07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Man, i just can't get over that avatar :lol

Kblaze8855
07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
They will all be many many thousands of times from defending him as much as you have.

Rowe
07-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Why does Jesse Jackson continue to be quoted?

He falls in line with idiots like Glenn Beck.

tpols
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
jesse jackson and al sharpton are two of the biggest scumbag pieces of shit this world has ever seen...

The_Yearning
07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
SmH at N!GGAS. Get educated, and continue being the white man's slave.

Thethirdguy
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Jesse Jackson is to black people what a redneck hic is to white people

PleezeBelieve
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Jesse Jackson is to black people what a redneck hic is to white people
Don't say that, KBlaze may write an essay on you. :oldlol:

chopchop20
07-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I jokingly told my brother the same thing... Gilbert lost his prized field slave. We had a good laugh about.

But hopefully this won't turn into another "Cause" for Jesse

AK47DR91
07-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Everything comes back to slavery when it comes to defending blacks. :rolleyes:

vert48
07-11-2010, 09:17 PM
That might be true, except for the fact that the 'Slave Owner' has paid the 'Slave' about $100 million over the past 7 years.

DaniloGallinari
07-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Kblaze supports JJ? I'm disappointed if that is the truth. JJ is worthless to the black community.

Kblaze8855
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I didnt say aything about Jesse. Ive lived in greenville SC a long time...hes from here. He is from literally up the street from here. My stepfather went to school with him. Ive heard little positive about him.

LAClipsFan33
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Is Jesse Jackson ever going to shut the hell up ? What is he talking about ? He plays the race card just to do it.

cotdt
07-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I'll bet a million dollars Lebron's camp paid Jesse Jackson to say this shit.

shadow
07-12-2010, 12:04 AM
wow if only all slaves were paid millions per year ...

jaggedmole
07-12-2010, 12:30 AM

Cosign. No one should take either of these idiots seriously.

hawkfan
07-12-2010, 12:34 AM
There is definitely a racial undertone to what Dan Gilbert said in his letter against LeBron James.

No question about it.

I agree with Jesse Jackson on this issue.

omarnyc
07-12-2010, 01:25 AM
There is definitely a racial undertone to what Dan Gilbert said in his letter against LeBron James.

No question about it.

i disagree 100%, gilbert was acting like a emotional fan instead of a businessman.he didnt show alot of class but i dont see nothing racial about it.nba owners are all white, except mj and the majority of players are black, so anytime a owner gets upset with a player its gonna come down to the 'slave master' thing?lewbron james clearly held the power in that organization.

kentatm
07-12-2010, 01:30 AM

No question about it.

:rolleyes:

are you kidding?

please explain

Solid Snake
07-12-2010, 02:34 AM
The Rev. Jesse Jackson

I'm gonna show my ignorance here (justified and qualified by the fact that I don't give a SHIT about politics), but I never understood how people like Sharpton and Jackson have the terms "Reverand" in front of them. I mean that's what they are, fine, but how is that an official title? You might as well have a dude named "Chef Pookie Williams," or "Lumberjack Terry Johnson," or, "Carpenter Brother Man from the Fifth Flo."

nosurrender
07-12-2010, 02:37 AM
I'm gonna show my ignorance here (justified and qualified by the fact that I don't give a SHIT about politics), but I never understood how people like Sharpton and Jackson have the terms "Reverand" in front of them. I mean that's what they are, fine, but how is that an official title? You might as well have a dude named "Chef Pookie Williams," or "Lumberjack Terry Johnson," or, "Carpenter Brother Man from the Fifth Flo."

Or The Plumber Joe

RazorBaLade
07-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Oh yes lets play the racism card we haven't heard that one in a while. White owner signing the checks of the poor poor black man, oh heaven have mercy. Fkn a.

Micku
07-12-2010, 02:40 AM
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

http://i17.tinypic.com/61meq7p.gif

socomberetta
07-12-2010, 02:42 AM
What an opportunistic dbag.

This has nothing to do with race.

If anything, Gilbert comes across as a scorned lover.

PistolPete
07-12-2010, 02:59 AM

Beck doesn't spew hate speech and is not a race hustler like Jackson is. When Jackson gets his own TV program, let me know.

Kevin_Gamble
07-12-2010, 04:18 AM

You spell it "Reverend." You are doing a good job of showing your ignorance, but it's nothing to do with your not caring about politics. Also, how is it not an official title if Sharpton and Jackson are Christian clergymen, which they are?

Kevin_Gamble
07-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Oh yes lets play the racism card we haven't heard that one in a while. White owner signing the checks of the poor poor black man, oh heaven have mercy. Fkn a.

Racism or not, Gilbert tried to rouse up hatred and violence against Lebron just because Lebron decided he could choose where he works upon the termination of his contract.

kobesabi
07-12-2010, 04:24 AM

If he calls Dan Gilbert's "slave master", isn't Riley another "slave master" too? Even Wade could qualify to LeDiva's "slave master"

Gawd, it is so annoying...everything is "race" issue to him. He has a fetish for masochist or something...

CLTHornets4eva
07-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Jesse Jackson used to spit in white patron's burgers at the Beacon Restaurant in Spartanburg, SC when he attended Bob Jones University. I hate to say it but: you Mr. Jackson are the racist, and people like you are the only ones proliferating a slave- slaveowner mentality.

blacknapalm
07-12-2010, 05:53 AM
typical jesse jackson. this had nothing to do with race but he pulls the race card.

mamba24
07-12-2010, 06:24 AM
typical jesse jackson. this had nothing to do with race but he pulls the race card.

Jesse jackson is a black man trapped in a white mans body.

icemanfan
07-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Racism or not, Gilbert tried to rouse up hatred and violence against Lebron just because Lebron decided he could choose where he works upon the termination of his contract.
FACT!

niko
07-12-2010, 08:23 AM
This was all much more like someone's girl leaving them for another guy than anything with slave/master undertones. It really was like a breakup. Lebron nto talking to them even though he knew he was leaving, Lebron saying "i think we will still be ok", the nasty phone call (letter) from Gilbert trashing his ex, etc. Not all all race related.

icemanfan
07-12-2010, 08:43 AM
This was all much more like someone's girl leaving them for another guy than anything with slave/master undertones. It really was like a breakup. Lebron nto talking to them even though he knew he was leaving, Lebron saying "i think we will still be ok", the nasty phone call (letter) from Gilbert trashing his ex, etc. Not all all race related.
true if your talking about one of those abusive guys who thinks he owns his spouse then ya your right. But then again ownership of a spouse and slave master about the same right?

niko
07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
true if your talking about one of those abusive guys who thinks he owns his spouse then ya your right. But then again ownership of a spouse and slave master about the same right?

this 100% was nothing like slave and master. lebron was the master in that relationship, were you paying attention at all? that team danced because he wanted it to, asked him about fa moves, etc. Lebron ran that damn team. then he left, they felt slighted, and wrote a delusional letter ranting about it. and they paid him shitloads of money. slaves were not paid. this is a person complaining someone is leaving them. slaveowners, from what i understand, didnt have that problem and if they did, probably didnt write angry letters.

how exactly is that at all like slave and master aside from the person not wanting him to leave being white?

comparing this to slavery basically is an insult to what was a terrible time in american history. we are comparing sports stars leaving to be millionares in a new city to slavery. that's strange to me...

Rasheed1
07-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Beck doesn't spew hate speech and is not a race hustler like Jackson is. When Jackson gets his own TV program, let me know.

:roll: ??????

Beck doesnt spew hate speech? Even you cant be this dumb!

Beck? The same guy who insisted Obama was a racist against white people? :lol Hello! is anybody home? Obama was raised by white people! *knocks on Pete's forehead*

the same guy who is gonna mimic Doctor King and try to have his own white civil rights movement :oldlol: (when whites havent been oppressed) it obviously another one of Beck's circus gimmicks

I think there are better ways that Jesse could have made this point without comparing this to slavery... But I do agree that in general there is some twisted Dynamic in sports where fans (and sometimes owners) think they own players or think the players should behave the way others want them to... Fans need to get their heads screwed on straight and realize the player is contracted to play on the team... nothing more or less..

too much hero worship and hypocrisy when things dont go the fan's way... One minute kissing James ass and the next burning his jersey and sending hate mail.....

its dysfunctional and people need to put things in the proper perspective

07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
It's ludicrous to call Gilbert "racist" over that letter, slave owner mentality or whatever laughable bullshit he said, I actually laughed out loud when I read Jesse Jackson's statement.

game385
07-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Sh*t like that dwindles away what little credibility Jesse Jackson has left. If any...

Kobe8
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM

'

Reverends Gettin Involve Now?

Rameek
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
That might be true, except for the fact that the 'Slave Owner' has paid the 'Slave' about $100 million over the past 7 years.
How much money do you think LBJ made for that owner and the state of Ohio?

laker24
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
lol jessie jackson. really:wtf: :oldlol:

3LiftHeatCurse
04-26-2014, 09:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XQg17uQ.jpg

Akrazotile
04-26-2014, 09:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XQg17uQ.jpg

Yup. Pretty much the truth.

Actually, I remember reading about when the United States created the colony of Liberia for freed blacks to live in Africa.

First thing the freed American slaves did when they got to Liberia was enslave the Africans already on the land and set up plantations.

Sad stuff.

I mean, I know it's only wrong or controversial when white people do it. I'm just sayin.