PDA

View Full Version : Wade: "Everybody has done what LeBron did, by teaming up with two great players"

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=lebronissue-100711

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wade speaking like a Boss while James sits to the side, not even in camera view.

Da God Wade. :applause:

yobore
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
unfortunately all the time everyone is spending trying to make or break lebron's legacy this summer is just wasting their time. People are posting overtime to talk about him being second fiddle and how has ruined his career etc. Not a lebron fan but as a fellow poster let me tell you everything you post won't change a thing, what matters in 10 years is what he did on the basketball court. If you really want to make an impact injure him. As an unbiased fan, he went from being the best player in the league to still being the best player in the league for now. That doesn't change during the offseason

mamba24
07-12-2010, 10:10 AM
unfortunately all the time everyone is spending trying to make or break lebron's legacy this summer is just wasting their time. People are posting overtime to talk about him being second fiddle and how has ruined his career etc. Not a lebron fan but as a fellow poster let me tell you everything you post won't change a thing, what matters in 10 years is what he did on the basketball court. If you really want to make an impact injure him. As an unbiased fan, he went from being the best player in the league to still being the best player in the league for now. That doesn't change during the offseason

Well thats just your opinion. Legends, Analysts and the media came out with one thing in mind.

If he's not the best player on his team how can he be the best player in the league?

Make no mistake this is wade's team. Sure lebron will win 4-5 titles, but if he won 2-3 titles it would have been greater as the no 1 option and a sidekick compared to teaming up with 3 players who are top 10 in the league right now.

with wade and him being top 3.

Lebron winning titles? sure everyone knows it will happen.

Lebron touching MJ's Legacy? lol dont make me spit on your face.

Lebron touching Kobe's legacy? lol not even possible...

If kobe won 3 titles with shaq and it was not relevant how can his 5 titles with two superstars be anything more?

Also nice view but people tend to follow what the legends such as Bird, Webber, Barkley. have to say over some kid who hides behind a pc.

Mamba
07-12-2010, 10:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=lebronissue-100711

Wade speaking like a Boss while James sits to the side, not even in camera view.

are you a flaming idiot?

they asked lebron a question then asked dwayne wade a question

if lebron had answered the question asked to dwayne wade he would have been called a diva, and then he would have been called an attention seeker.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Breh, James quit on last year ON THE COURT. Made a bogus injury up while playing ON THE COURT.

And he's not the best player in the league. Best players don't wear vanilla suit jackets while the top dog in gothic black. And oh yea, top dogs don't let other players express their opinions.

niko
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
he went from us discussing if he could be the best player all time to if he is the best player on his team. assuming this will not affect his legacy is stupid, as it already did.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM
James: "I went to the best situation for ME"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Best players in the league don't talk like that. The best situation for him may not be the best situation for others. Wade and Bosh didn't need this guy, something no one is really discussing. Dude is a frontrunning poacher who will never get the respect of the GODS.

Younggrease
07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Lebron just doesnt seem to have the it quality that is needed to be the star of a sport. I think people have know that there was something missing for a while now and couldnt place it. I feel this manifestation of hatred towards Lebron is the publics effort to place that dislike of Lebron's game and persona.

King Lebron LBJ
07-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Well thats just your opinion. Legends, Analysts and the media came out with one thing in mind.

If he's not the best player on his team how can he be the best player in the league?

Make no mistake this is wade's team. Sure lebron will win 4-5 titles, but if he won 2-3 titles it would have been greater as the no 1 option and a sidekick compared to teaming up with 3 players who are top 10 in the league right now.

If kobe won 3 titles with shaq and it was not relevant how can his 5 titles with two superstars be anything more?

Also nice view but people tend to follow what the legends such as Bird, Webber, Barkley. have to say over some kid who hides behind a pc.

It may be Wade's team or Wade county but how can anybody who can see clearly say that Lebron isn't the best player on the Heat or the league? that has been the case for a few years now. Wade is the 3rd best player in the league, Lebron is better in almost every area.

How can you say Lebron won't touch Kobe's legacy? numbers wise he will kill Kobe and it's possible he could have as many titles as Kobe when it's all said and done or at least be close.

If Lebron is putting up big numbers, winning MVP's, finals MVP's his legacy will not be damaged at all.

King Lebron LBJ
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
he went from us discussing if he could be the best player all time to if he is the best player on his team. assuming this will not affect his legacy is stupid, as it already did.

That is idiotic, only bitter haters don't think Lebron is still the best player in the game. Wade is damn good but he isn't as good as Lebron.

zORi
07-12-2010, 10:27 AM

This.

Over and over again.

I love the Miami Heat, almost as much as my own team, but no. Lebron legacy will never be what it could have been.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 10:27 AM
The legends have come out and covertly blasted this decision. James is a laughing stock within the fraternity of GREATNESS.

niko
07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
That is idiotic, only bitter haters don't think Lebron is still the best player in the game. Wade is damn good but he isn't as good as Lebron.
i didn't say he's not the best. i said he changed the discussion to that. what is the discussion? there is no discussion about lebron vs. kobe, etc. since the decision, it's WHO IS THE ALPHA DOG ON THE HEAT? WHY DID LEBRON CHOOSE THE EASY WAY OUT? etc.

he changed the discussion, which 100% removes him from GOAT discussion.

King Lebron LBJ
07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
This.

Over and over again.

I love the Miami Heat, almost as much as my own team, but no. Lebron legacy will never be what it could have been.

If Lebron is winning title after title and is winning MVP trophies I doubt his legacy will take much of a hit and I doubt he would care. At the end of the day all you look at is stats and titles when comparing the best. Not who you played with.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 10:32 AM
And yet LeBron is poaching off wade and Bosh. He disqualifies himself based on that alone.

Dude is a follower and has always been. Wade will emerge as the driving force behind this team, and I'm excited to see the player he will become. James' talents will be a significant factor in putting Wade in the right place and allowing him the space to display the heart all true champions display.

King Lebron LBJ
07-12-2010, 10:36 AM
And yet LeBron is poaching off wade and Bosh. He disqualifies himself based on that alone.

Dude is a follower and has always been. Wade will emerge as the driving force behind this team, and I'm excited to see the player he will become. James' talents will be a significant factor in putting Wade in the right place and allowing him the space to display the heart all true champions display.

Funny, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying this if Lebron had stayed in Cleveland. Lebron and Wade are going to be a scary duo, unstoppable to defend but chances are it will be Wade backing up Lebron more than the other way around. Lebron won't be a follower in Miami.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Funny, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying this if Lebron had stayed in Cleveland. Lebron and Wade are going to be a scary duo, unstoppable to defend but chances are it will be Wade backing up Lebron more than the other way around. Lebron won't be a follower in Miami.
:applause: Bravo logic even though I've been saying it for years.

And Wade will not be backing up LeBron. :oldlol:

niko
07-12-2010, 10:46 AM

Everyone always questioned Lebron's heart and drive. He needed to win to shut everyone up. Instead, he went to Wade's team and pretty much told us (verbally) he didn't want to have to play great every night.

This is a funny situation, he'll win more titles but get less (individual) props. It's quite bizarre.

Rasheed1
07-12-2010, 11:00 AM

^on point.....

People can post what they like and try their best to write it in stone that Lebron is ruined, but it doesnt mean anything.....

Lebron is not Scottie Pippen or whoever else and if he averages a triple double next post season and wins Finals MVP he will be the best again... If Miami goes on to dominate the league then Lebron's legacy will be just fine...

Winning cures everything and all the hatin in the world cannot change that

allball
07-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Everyone always questioned Lebron's heart and drive. He needed to win to shut everyone up. Instead, he went to Wade's team and pretty much told us (verbally) he didn't want to have to play great every night.

This is a funny situation, he'll win more titles but get less (individual) props. It's quite bizarre.

not everyone

Phong
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
MJ, Larry and Magic decided to team up with with two great players?

Pharcyde
07-12-2010, 11:14 AM
MJ, Larry and Magic decided to team up with with two great players?

I know, these situations aren't even close. You have 2 top 3 players in the league and a 20 and 10 PF and top 3 at his position, on the same team.

TheAnchorman
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't know what is more annoying, you nutriding Lebron or you trying to piss on him on every thread.

G-Funk
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes this may be Wades team but they all will be leaders in their prespective ways people are just mad cause lebron is gonna finally win a ring he might even win finals mvp who knows. And Pleezebelieve you were all over Lebrons dick when he was in celevand now your bashing him lmao, Definition of a true hater.

WTF? have u not seen the old wade vs lebron video comments on youtube?? you heat fans are bunch of hypocrites

lukekarts
07-12-2010, 11:18 AM
As a Miami fan I'm just grateful we have the most influential player in the NBA on our team (Wade).

He convinced LeBron to join him despite the fact he new PB, his biggest bum chum, would no longer want to suck on his ****.

Kingwillball
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Lebron just doesnt seem to have the it quality that is needed to be the star of a sport. I think people have know that there was something missing for a while now and couldnt place it. I feel this manifestation of hatred towards Lebron is the publics effort to place that dislike of Lebron's game and persona.

Do U know how stupid that Sounds..There wouldn't have been a Lebronathon for Weeks culminated with an unprecedented 1 hr special announcing his decision if he wasn't a star. He is the face of the NBA..Boy the Haters are just fishing for stuff...

VishaltotheG
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM

Why not? It may not happen, but it is 100% possible. All he needs is 2 Finals MVPs. He has more MVPs than Kobe already. And don't even think about giving me that BS about "Reg season MVPs don't matter derp" if Kobe had more regular season MVPs then you would be using that argument to defend your stance too, Kobe fan.

Magic Vinsanity
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
If Lebron is winning title after title and is winning MVP trophies I doubt his legacy will take much of a hit and I doubt he would care. At the end of the day all you look at is stats and titles when comparing the best. Not who you played with.Bullsh*t, you dont know what your talking about. LeBron will always be known as the guy who couldnt get it done as the man in his prime, and piggy backed off of Wade and Bosh to go ring chasing.

F*cking guy is a joke, I've said it for YEARS, even when alot of you people were sucking his c*ck. He's a joke.

The_Yearning
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
D-Wade just sayin that to sooth LBJ cause that's his B!TCH now...Wade know what's up...it's his team.

Derka
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
One guy doesn't get it done in this league. Ever.

Lebron wanted help...Wade wants help. They get to help each other and Bosh gets to go along for the ride.

Kingwillball
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Bullsh*t, you dont know what your talking about. LeBron will always be known as the guy who couldnt get it done as the man in his prime, and piggy backed off of Wade and Bosh to go ring chasing.

F*cking guy is a joke, I've said it for YEARS, even when alot of you people were sucking his c*ck. He's a joke.

he may be a joke..but still best player in the league..

Kingwillball
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Lebron wanted help...Wade wants help. They get to help each other and Bosh gets to go along for the ride.

good post..the haters an idiots are the ones who see it differently.

coin24
07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Holy shit some people here are taking this way too seriously!!.:eek:

Would you rather he be a KG and waste all his prime years in the one place and not win? Lets be realistic, cleveland werent going to win shit. So what if he wants to team up and win rings?? It will be exciting to watch and it might actually attract some more viewers to the nba.

The legacy and the "wont mean as much as winning in cleveland" posters are complete morons.. When ppl look back, they remember who won, not petty crap. These are the same losers who discredit kobes first 3 championships because he wasnt "the man" etc etc..

Get over it. Kobe has 5 rings. Jordan still shits all over him. If youre so concerned with stats check out how many records MJ still holds:applause:
It will be a long time before anyone can actually be compared to jordan imo, kobe is the closest we have seen and he is way off still. Lebron was way too overhyped, he is an awesome player but the whole goat/chosen 1 shit was a bit over the top seeing as he has accomplished nothing yet really..

I hope he does well in miami, hopefully it makes some of the crappy teams get there acts together and compete!!!

Lebron23
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM

This

He wants to win an NBA title. Winning Rings >> Stats.

Dengness9
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
If Lebron is winning title after title and is winning MVP trophies I doubt his legacy will take much of a hit and I doubt he would care. At the end of the day all you look at is stats and titles when comparing the best. Not who you played with.

Well it looks like your nowhere ready for what's about to happen to Lebron's career. No matter how many he wins, he can never be top 10 because of his decision. He is obviously not the chosen one, nor a King. Kings don't go to another Kings' Kingdom to be a Prince(ss). LBJ has turned himself into the most hated player in sports overnight. This damage can't be reversed. I'll even say that at the end of it all, the more titles he wins w/ this superteam, the less and less he'll be respected.

He's a diva fraud drontrunner who doesn't posess the killer instinct to be the man on an NBA chip team. And he doesn't have the clutch gene.

He has also better make sure he wins atleast 5 titles or this whole thing will look like a massive failure.

Yes, Lebron put himself in the situation where he will be hated for winning, and ridiculed, persecuted, and hated for losing too. He did it to himself.

This guy isn't like the legends. Lebron will never even sniff Tim Duncan's greatness. LBgay is scared.

clayton
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Pimp Wade rocking the only black suit while sitting next to his 2 bodyguards.

Derka
07-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Bullsh*t, you dont know what your talking about. LeBron will always be known as the guy who couldnt get it done as the man in his prime, and piggy backed off of Wade and Bosh to go ring chasing.

We'll be saying the same thing about Dwight Howard soon enough when his contract extension is up in 2012 and Orlando hasn't brought in championship-caliber sidekicks to help him win a Title.

One man never gets it done.

ShannonElements
07-12-2010, 11:54 AM
LBJ has turned himself into the most hated player in sports overnight. This damage can't be reversed.

See, to me this is bizarre logic. He switched teams, he didn't sponsor a dog fighting ring or drunkenly mow down a pedestrian or something.

Derka
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Well it looks like your nowhere ready for what's about to happen to Lebron's career. No matter how many he wins, he can never be top 10 because of his decision. He is obviously not the chosen one, nor a King. Kings don't go to another Kings' Kingdom to be a Prince(ss). LBJ has turned himself into the most hated player in sports overnight. This damage can't be reversed. I'll even say that at the end of it all, the more titles he wins w/ this superteam, the less and less he'll be respected.

He's a diva fraud drontrunner who doesn't posess the killer instinct to be the man on an NBA chip team. And he doesn't have the clutch gene.

He has also better make sure he wins atleast 5 titles or this whole thing will look like a massive failure.

Yes, Lebron put himself in the situation where he will be hated for winning, and ridiculed, persecuted, and hated for losing too. He did it to himself.

This guy isn't like the legends. Lebron will never even sniff Tim Duncan's greatness. LBgay is scared.

Could you possibly be any more bitter in your irrational hatred of the guy? Do you even read over the things you're typing here?

The more titles he wins, the less respected he'll be? He can never be a Top 10? Any less than five titles is a massive failure? He'll be hated for winning?

What f*cking drugs are you on, sir? Why don't you calm down a little bit and think rationally about the way this game has always been played at the pro level...the winners are the guys we will celebrate 10-20 years from now. Its always been that way and it always will be that way.

tontoz
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Holy shit some people here are taking this way too seriously!!.:eek:

Would you rather he be a KG and waste all his prime years in the one place and not win?

That is a dumb comparison. Minny was a crap team that was horribly mismanaged. The Cavs won 60+ in back to back seasons.

LOL @ PB's avatar.

OneMoreSucka
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
See, to me this is bizarre logic. He switched teams, he didn't sponsor a dog fighting ring or drunkenly mow down a pedestrian or something.
Did you watch "the decision"? It's less bizarre than you'd think

ShannonElements
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Did you watch "the decision"? It's less bizarre than you'd think

Yeah, but still not as bad as the examples I gave, or probably murdering someone and robbing people at gun point and shit. Perspective for the loss.

coin24
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
That is a dumb comparison. Minny was a crap team that was horribly mismanaged. The Cavs won 60+ in back to back seasons.

LOL @ PB's avatar.

Regular season, congratulations... :applause:
How did they go in the playoffs both those years???
Cavs were an overrachieving regular season team that was horribly miscoached for playoff bball...

If his main goal is to win titles then good luck to him. He made the right decision for that scenario to happen. Cleveland werent going to get any better in the near future, be honest, no decent player wanted to sign there...

-M-I
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Can we just come to a general consensus that Jordan is the best ever, no one will ever reach is status, nothing will ever compare, and he won all by himself so we can stop comparing EVERY SINGLE THING TO HIM!?

Rasheed1
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM

Agreed... The level of anger is just stupid....

People are mad like somebody died or somebody got robbed...

you almost forget Lebron did nothing wrong...

I can see if you dont like the move, but the level that some people take it to is just retarded....

It means these people dont have real lives and they dont have any true perspective on life and what is important...

Basketball shouldnt make people this angry...

Derka
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM

LOL @ PB's avatar.

Bad comparison?

Minny was in the playoffs for 8 of KGs 12 seasons there. Cleveland was in the playoffs for 5 of Lebron's 7 seasons.

Both guys played on competitive regular season teams that didn't have the stuff to make it in the playoffs.

Its a great comparison.

tontoz
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Regular season, congratulations... :applause:
How did Lebron go in the playoffs both those years???

Looked like he was half asleep in game 5. I guess that was the GMs fault, right?

Do you know how many times a team has won 60+ games twice in a row in the regular and not won a ring? Zero

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 12:13 PM
James quit in the playoffs knowing his teammates would feel the brunt of his egregious actions.

Look you morons. Blaming teammates. Blaming ownership. All while this joke hops ship to another player's team.

Pathetic.

jrong
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Pimp Wade rocking the only black suit while sitting next to his 2 bodyguards.

The staging of the intro weekend has been fascinating. It looks wrong to see James anywhere else but in the middle spot, and I've already detected him shifting uncomfortaby at least a couple times throughout the proceedings in his side-spot.

Having said that, the Heat couldn't have arranged it any other way. It would seem even more wrong to have Wade, who has left it all out on the court every night for that franchise for seven straight years, off to the side.

The initial graphics in the Miami Herald and Palm Beach Post were completely disrespectful to Wade. James was featured prominently in the forefront and center with Wade and Bosh off to the side in the background.

It will be very interesting to watch if any of this "small stuff" becomes bigger as the year wears on....

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Agreed... The level of anger is just stupid....

People are mad like somebody died or somebody got robbed...

you almost forget Lebron did nothing wrong...

I can see if you dont like the move, but the level that some people take it to is just retarded....

It means these people dont have real lives and they dont have any true perspective on life and what is important...

Basketball shouldnt make people this angry...
Oh, you think its bad now. Wait till the game gets here. :oldlol:

Just wait...

Derka
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
James quit in the playoffs knowing his teammates would feel the brunt of his egregious actions.

Look you morons. Blaming teammates. Blaming ownership. All while this joke hops ship to another player's team.

Pathetic.

Its funny to see you so mad and so completely 100% opposite of where you were before Game 5.

Maybe Gilbert had a point with the whole karma thing.

coin24
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Well if Lebrons team was so great as some of you claim, where the hell where they in the boston series????
Even if he quit, nice chokejob from everyone else!!

As soon as he was off the court they dribbled around like a bunch of spastics, shot clock violations, horrible shots, it looked like they had never played bball before!!

tontoz
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Bad comparison?

Minny was in the playoffs for 8 of KGs 12 seasons there. Cleveland was in the playoffs for 5 of Lebron's 7 seasons.

Both guys played on competitive regular season teams that didn't have the stuff to make it in the playoffs.

Its a great comparison.

LOL @ this nonsense. In 12 years Minny won over 51 games only 1 time, same is this current Hawks team. They lost several first round picks after being penalized by Stern in the Joe Smith fiasco.

Minny never won 60 games and the Cavs just did it in back to back seasons.

SMH

game3524
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
You have to chuckle at the sheer hypocrisy of Lebron fans, if this was Kobe you guys would be ripping him. Face facts, Lebron is A-Rod to Wade's Jeter now, his legacy will never be the same regardless how many titles he wins.

tontoz
07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Well if Lebrons team was so great as some of you claim, where the hell where they in the boston series????
Even if he quit, nice chokejob from everyone else!!

As soon as he was off the court they dribbled around like a bunch of spastics, shot clock violations, horrible shots, it looked like they had never played bball before!!

Lebron's teamates were obviously playing follow the leader.

spursdynasty420
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
The legends have come out and covertly blasted this decision. James is a laughing stock within the fraternity of GREATNESS.

i would of been more mad with him if he stayed with the cavs. i love butt hurt fans like you. hope your team is complete trash next year

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
The rings argument is bogus as well cause Wade will always have one more in addition to whatever they may win together.

That's what I call legacy self-ether if I haven't seen it.

Derka
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Lebron's teamates were obviously playing like the career underachievers they always were, minus Shaq.

Fixed.

Derka
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
LOL @ this nonsense. In 12 years Minny won over 51 games only 1 time, same is this current Hawks team. They lost several first round picks after being penalized by Stern in the Joe Smith fiasco.

Minny never won 60 games and the Cavs just did it in back to back seasons.

SMH

Newsflash: Nobody cares about the regular season except guys who win MVP trophies. Careers and legends are made in the playoffs. Welcome to the NBA.

tontoz
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Newsflash: Nobody cares about the regular season except guys who win MVP trophies. Careers and legends are made in the playoffs. Welcome to the NBA.

The team with the best record has historically had the best chance to win the title. Of course the team with the best record generally has a star that comes through in the playoffs.

The Cavs-Celtics series certainly contributed to the legend of King James, just not in a good way.

James is 25 and is leaving a team that won 61 games.
KG was 31 and left a team that won 32 games.

Anyone who thinks they are comparable has brain damage.

Dengness9
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Could you possibly be any more bitter in your irrational hatred of the guy? Do you even read over the things you're typing here?

The more titles he wins, the less respected he'll be? He can never be a Top 10? Any less than five titles is a massive failure? He'll be hated for winning?

What f*cking drugs are you on, sir? Why don't you calm down a little bit and think rationally about the way this game has always been played at the pro level...the winners are the guys we will celebrate 10-20 years from now. Its always been that way and it always will be that way.

1st off your the one who apparently needs to RELAX. I feel like you might possibly be Maverick Carter the way your defending LeFraud.

Because of his decision and especially how he handled it, he is destined to be hated on for winning or for losing. He has shown himself to be as narcissitic and egotistical as any athlete ever. He spit and shit down the throats of everybody in the state of Ohio who have supported him, his whole life.

Don't proclaim yourself the King or the Chosen One if you don't want everything that comes w/ the territory.

Before all this I supported him largely. I had problems w/ the way he handled himself w/ the dancing on the court during games, and how he talks about himself in press conferences. But besides that I rooted for him his whole career, and thought he was somebody he clearly wasn't.

I don't hate him because he didn't choose Chicago. Yes it's disappointing because he could have had the cast to win it all and still been the unquestioned leader on the team. In the end though he simply took the easy way out.

Like Barkely said... If you want to chase rings when your in your 30's ok, but when your 25 years old you should want to beat everybody standing in your way.

It just shows he is truly SCARED of the competition. And that is sad for all NBA fans. I thought this guy would one day atleast challenge Kobe's status amongst the greats but no way no how. I hate Kobe Bryant more than most humans. But even this Lebron situation has helped me realize how much greater even Kobe is.

I hate that Kobe can't win w/ out tryin to act like an MJ clone, which he is clearly not. But now I realized it's atleast better to try and act like MJ then act like what Lebron has become...

And that is like Gilbert said. Lebron wants to go to heaven but doesn't want to die.

No one will respect Lebron because he won't have to go to hell and back to win titles and therefore gain more glory and legacy than he can imagine.

I always knew Lebron had to leave Cleveland. He never got that second stud he needed to win it all. But going out and teaming up w/ top 3 player and another top 10 player is pathetic. Shows just how little faith he has in himself.

In his head he must have thought I'm not good enough to win multiple titles unless I go to Miami. And there lies the fact that he is not who we thought he was. He runs from competition, but doesn't just run from it, he joins it.

I think he'll love the feeling of winning titles no matter others think. But he also will regret this decision everyday the rest of his life when the masses of America continue to rip him apart no matter if he's winning or losing. All this hatred he will receive will one day finally wear him down. This is a guy who wants to be loved not hated. Well he's gonna have to deal w/ being hated the rest of his life. Even his Mom and children are going to have to live w/ the hatred he will get nationally for the rest of his career and on. This whole situation is a mess.

Remember, titles only mean so much if respect isn't earned while winning them. Lebron will find this out the hard way.

niko
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
1st off your the one who apparently needs to RELAX. I feel like you might possibly be Maverick Carter the way your defending LeFraud.

Because of his decision and especially how he handled it, he is destined to be hated on for winning or for losing. He has shown himself to be as narcissitic and egotistical as any athlete ever. He spit and shit down the throats of everybody in the state of Ohio who have supported him, his whole life.

Don't proclaim yourself the King or the Chosen One if you don't want everything that comes w/ the territory.

Before all this I supported him largely. I had problems w/ the way he handled himself w/ the dancing on the court during games, and how he talks about himself in press conferences. But besides that I rooted for him his whole career, and thought he was somebody he clearly wasn't.

I don't hate him because he didn't choose Chicago. Yes it's disappointing because he could have had the cast to win it all and still been the unquestioned leader on the team. In the end though he simply took the easy way out.

Like Barkely said... If you want to chase rings when your in your 30's ok, but when your 25 years old you should want to beat everybody standing in your way.

It just shows he is truly SCARED of the competition. And that is sad for all NBA fans. I thought this guy would one day atleast challenge Kobe's status amongst the greats but no way no how. I hate Kobe Bryant more than most humans. But even this Lebron situation has helped me realize how much greater even Kobe is.

I hate that Kobe can't win w/ out tryin to act like an MJ clone, which he is clearly not. But now I realized it's atleast better to try and act like MJ then act like what Lebron has become...

And that is like Gilbert said. Lebron wants to go to heaven but doesn't want to die.

No one will respect Lebron because he won't have to go to hell and back to win titles and therefore gain more glory and legacy than he can imagine.

I always knew Lebron had to leave Cleveland. He never got that second stud he needed to win it all. But going out and teaming up w/ top 3 player and another top 10 player is pathetic. Shows just how little faith he has in himself.

In his head he must have thought I'm not good enough to win multiple titles unless I go to Miami. And there lies the fact that he is not who we thought he was. He runs from competition, but doesn't just run from it, he joins it.

I think he'll love the feeling of winning titles no matter others think. But he also will regret this decision everyday the rest of his life when the masses of America continue to rip him apart no matter if he's winning or losing. All this hatred he will receive will one day finally wear him down. This is a guy who wants to be loved not hated. Well he's gonna have to deal w/ being hated the rest of his life. Even his Mom and children are going to have to live w/ the hatred he will get nationally for the rest of his career and on. This whole situation is a mess.

Remember, titles only mean so much if respect isn't earned while winning them. Lebron will find this out the hard way.

This is my thoughts exactly. He put himself in a position to win more titles but get less respect for them. It's a really bizarre situation that only a person as talented as Lebron could even be in. Titles are important in that they help frame where you are as a player, not in and of itself. Darko won a title - will that even be a footnote on his resume? kobe's first three titles said he's part of a great team, cemented him as a great player. Since then, leading the Lakers, and winning two more titles cemeted him as an all time top 20 level great.

Lebron could have been top 5 at worst goat with a title or two on his own, just because of his immense talent. Instead, he knocked himself down the pantheon, he'll have more titles, less individual acclaim.

Which is great but bizarre for anyone who is a GOAT level talent like he is.

(note: people saying he didn't do this, take your heads out of the ground, it's not going to happen, it's already done.)

Allstar24
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Lebron is desperate to beat Kobe. He's in his prime right now, it must be tough watching Kobe win rings every year. He won't say it but he is clearly upset that people blasted him after he quit on his team in the playoffs and started calling Kobe the best player again. Neither of them had a memorable series vs the Celts but the difference was, Kobe's TEAM won and this league is all about winning, not individual stats. Lebron finally realized that, which is why he joined the Heat. Even if he wins now, he'll be doing it playing on a STACKED team, just like Kobe. Lebron tried to do it alone but failed...so he teamed up with 2 other superstars. Smart decision...but he has a lot of catching up to do if he wants to reach Kobe's 5 rings.

Derka
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
@ Deng - Don't be telling me to calm down and then go on and write a novella that responds to absolutely nothing I posted and instead full of more baseless assumptions about how good he thinks/doesn't think he is and reactionary bandwagon anger. And you quote Charles Barkley, who couldn't win a hand of Blackjack let alone a NBA Title and really has no business telling better players how they should manage their Title aspirations.

Titles only mean so much if respect isn't earned while winning them? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board. A Title is a Title. The team that wants it more than everyone else is the team that is going to win it. Other people's respect can go straight to Hell where it belongs if they're not on board with that.

This decision was handled this way because there was no respect on either side. Cleveland and the Cavs organization didn't respect Lebron enough to hold him accountable for his behavior prior to the Decision and Lebron didn't respect Cleveland or the Cavs organization because they pretty much gave him the reigns and told him to have fun.

As for his leadership and his ability to be a legend...he NEVER had it and I don't know why people pretend to be so disappointed in that fact that he's not going to assume a leadership role in Miami. He never embraced that role in Cleveland because he's never had the mental stuff to do it. Yet people think he was going to go to Chicago and suddenly become one? Nah.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
@ Deng - Don't be telling me to calm down and then go on and write a novella that responds to absolutely nothing I posted and instead full of more baseless assumptions about how good he thinks/doesn't think he is and reactionary bandwagon anger. And you quote Charles Barkley, who couldn't win a hand of Blackjack let alone a NBA Title and really has no business telling better players how they should manage their Title aspirations.

Titles only mean so much if respect isn't earned while winning them? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board. A Title is a Title. The team that wants it more than everyone else is the team that is going to win it. Other people's respect can go straight to Hell where it belongs if they're not on board with that.

This decision was handled this way because there was no respect on either side. Cleveland and the Cavs organization didn't respect Lebron enough to hold him accountable for his behavior prior to the Decision and Lebron didn't respect Cleveland or the Cavs organization because they pretty much gave him the reigns and told him to have fun.

As for his leadership and his ability to be a legend...he NEVER had it and I don't know why people pretend to be so disappointed in that fact that he's not going to assume a leadership role in Miami. He never embraced that role in Cleveland because he's never had the mental stuff to do it. Yet people think he was going to go to Chicago and suddenly become one? Nah.
You say a title is a title but then admit James never had the leadership trait to get one on his own.

And you dont think he'll be dissed for the rest of career for this?

Soundwave
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
James: "I went to the best situation for ME"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Best players in the league don't talk like that. The best situation for him may not be the best situation for others. Wade and Bosh didn't need this guy, something no one is really discussing. Dude is a frontrunning poacher who will never get the respect of the GODS.

Err .... Miami is not a title contender without LeBron, sorry.

The Heat were an average team last year, getting Bosh alone and a few complimentary pieces wasn't suddenly going to put them over the top versus Boston/L.A. or even possibly Orlando.

Maybe eventually Wade + Bosh duo could eek out a championship ala the 04 Pistons, but they wouldn't be a dynasty or anything like that. With LeBron, they have the chance to be (especially because he's younger than both Wade/Bosh by several years).

SinJackal
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Sure lebron will win 4-5 titles, but if he won 2-3 titles it would have been greater as the no 1 option and a sidekick compared to teaming up with 3 players who are top 10 in the league right now.

Exactly. LBJ ball blowers are going to fight tooth and nail over that, but it's always going to loom over him for as long as the history of the NBA exists.

Number of titles isn't as important as how they're won. Simple.

niko
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Exactly. LBJ ball blowers are going to fight tooth and nail over that, but it's always going to loom over him for as long as the history of the NBA exists.

Number of titles isn't as important as how they're won. Simple.

plus the media has already jumped on this point. It's not like we are speculating on something that has yet to be mentioned.

SinJackal
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
plus the media has already jumped on this point. It's not like we are speculating on something that has yet to be mentioned.

Yep. LBJ lovers are just in denial at this point.

Rambis
07-12-2010, 02:22 PM
In terms of being unable to win without a 2nd all star, LBJ coulda easily told his management to get Amare Stoudamire.
Cleveland did everything they could do, and they did pretty much anything LeBron asked. He coulda won the East pretty easily with the same team.

He was the boss, basically, and when he messed up, he takes the easy way out, Something MJ would never do, and joins Miami to be a second banana, Permanently removing himself from the best player ever discussion.

Also, if Wade wins Finals MVP... LeBron's "brand" is DONE.

dumb move, chicken shit move...

Micku
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
This team is possibly going to be the greatest team of all team as far as media hate if this keeps up.

D-Wade is right that nobody could do it by themselves, but you don't see Magic joining Bird or Jordan joining the Pistons. I would rather have LeBron vs Wade in the playoffs, but this nWo team is extremely entertaining. It is still the off-season. I love the unreal amount of hate that the Heat is getting. It is amazing!

The_Yearning
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
You suck if you can't win it alone. For real.

MJ, Duncan, and Hakeem did it.

The true greats.

MJ made Pippen and the rest of them N!GGA's...who did LBJ make? Varejao and Mo? SmH

scm5
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
This team is possibly going to be the greatest team of all team as far as media hate if this keeps up.

D-Wade is right that nobody could do it by themselves, but you don't see Magic joining Bird or Jordan joining the Pistons. I would rather have LeBron vs Wade in the playoffs, but this nWo team is extremely entertaining. It is still the off-season. I love the unreal amount of hate that the Heat is getting. It is amazing!

It's not "doing it by themselves", no one thinks the greats had no one else. Wade is a moron if he thinks people are referring to MJ, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Kobe, and the other greats in that sense. We all know the players that played next to these guys. Pippen, Kareem, Worthy, McHale, Parish, Ginobili, Parker, Gasol.

It's about wanting to be the top dog, and winning being the top dog, even if you could win titles easier elsewhere, with better players.

It's like this. If Lebron went to LA to play with Kobe, and they won a championship. No one would say that Kobe rode Lebron to a championship, they would say that Lebron rode Kobe to a championship. Kobe is an established winner as a top dog.

Exact same rules apply to Wade and Lebron's relationship. You can't say one thing about Kobe and not have it apply to Wade. Wade's legacy at this point, in my eyes, is better than Lebron's.

Lebron on the Heat is clearly not the top dog anymore, no longer King. It's Wade County, Lebron is just a citizen in it. Wade has brought a championship to the Heat as the top dog already.

Calabis
07-12-2010, 03:57 PM
It may be Wade's team or Wade county but how can anybody who can see clearly say that Lebron isn't the best player on the Heat or the league? that has been the case for a few years now. Wade is the 3rd best player in the league, Lebron is better in almost every area.

How can you say Lebron won't touch Kobe's legacy? numbers wise he will kill Kobe and it's possible he could have as many titles as Kobe when it's all said and done or at least be close.

If Lebron is putting up big numbers, winning MVP's, finals MVP's his legacy will not be damaged at all.

I already asked that question...I don't understand the hate....sure I'm mad he passed on my Bulls...but I don't know how his legacy is tarnished if he wins

BallsOut
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I already asked that question...I don't understand the hate....sure I'm mad he passed on my Bulls...but I don't know how his legacy is tarnished if he wins

He needed 2 other superstars in their prime to do it, because he knew he couldn't do it without those 2. What's so hard to understand? Great players usually only need 1 other superstar in their prime, or none. By pussaying out to band up with Wade and Bosh, that says a lot about Lebron's non-existent competitive edge. He's a great player, but he's far from being a great competitor.

Balishag
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM

How is a guy with no titles, who basically gave up vs the celtics in the 2010 playoffs regarded as the best player in the nba? the only thing missing is kobe beating him the finals to rub it in.

He hasnt ruined his career, but he has tarnished his legacy atm. Time will tell what his new team will re-write it. but i can tell you this, the road to greatness still has to go through kobe and the lakers...

RazorBaLade
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't want to get in all of this lebron and miami and whatever debate again, I've already said everything that needed to be... but ... lamar odom is a great player?

NuggetsFan
07-12-2010, 05:03 PM
People can say whatever they like but at he end of the day your just somebody on a msg board and your opinion holds no weight off of this msg board. Right now LeBron is getting some heat and he will continue too. If he goes out and performs on the court? Everyone will be back to usual and you'll still have the L.A\Cle\Knicks haters but for the most part the media and everyone else will be back to giving Bron props and talking about his legacy.

A guy like 'Bron? He surprised me by going to the best situation for winning. I never thought he'd actually sacrifice that much. That being said people are kidding themselves if they don't think he's going to dominate. People should really wait till the season to form there opinion but that would probably be using to much logic. Either Wade\LeBron could outperform one another or even be ='s on the court. If LeBron is the better player on the court he'll get his usual props it's pretty simple. If anything he'll get MORE props for doing the right thing if he wins a ring and dominates.

Micku
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
It's not "doing it by themselves", no one thinks the greats had no one else. Wade is a moron if he thinks people are referring to MJ, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Kobe, and the other greats in that sense. We all know the players that played next to these guys. Pippen, Kareem, Worthy, McHale, Parish, Ginobili, Parker, Gasol.

Lebron on the Heat is clearly not the top dog anymore, no longer King. It's Wade County, Lebron is just a citizen in it. Wade has brought a championship to the Heat as the top dog already.

I'm guessing it's probably going to be 1A, 1B sorta thing as far as who will the Heat go to on offensive.

Wade is probably going to be the captain of the team. Mourning was the captain of the 2006 team, and he wasn't their best player. Pierce was the captain in the 2008 team, and he wasn't their best player to me. I think Wade will remain the captain because he has more history with Miami and LeBron and Wade are not too far off from each other by impacting the floor.

It doesn't really matter who is the captain though. It's fun to poke fun at it sometimes, but I think the level of play really define you as a player.

Solid Snake
07-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Wade has no mic skills. He needs to let Bosh cut the promos.

LA KB24
07-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Breh, James quit on last year ON THE COURT. Made a bogus injury up while playing ON THE COURT.

And he's not the best player in the league. Best players don't wear vanilla suit jackets while the top dog in gothic black. And oh yea, top dogs don't let other players express their opinions.
Wow. You flip flop more than Charles and Magic.

mamba24
07-13-2010, 05:24 AM

Yea i dont think lebrons number's will be going up. He is not going to average over 25ppg over the next 6 years unless wade and bosh are injured.

Bosh is not KG who is happy with defense and rebounding, and wade is pointless if he is not scoring.

Lebron is there to play the magic johnson role. and clearly wade will score more points and in the finals that wins mvps, not the passing. so correct me if im wrong but it looks like lebron will get the ring but not the mvp

LA KB24
07-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Can we just come to a general consensus that Jordan is the best ever, no one will ever reach is status, nothing will ever compare, and he won all by himself so we can stop comparing EVERY SINGLE THING TO HIM!? Yes.

http://readjack.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jordanrules1.jpg

A true champion gets beaten to the ground and gets right back up and wins. A ***** joins the opposition.

Kobe can never be compared to MJ, but LeBron can never be compared to Kobe.

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Yea i dont think lebrons number's will be going up. He is not going to average over 25ppg over the next 6 years unless wade and bosh are injured.

Bosh is not KG who is happy with defense and rebounding, and wade is pointless if he is not scoring.

Lebron is there to play the magic johnson role. and clearly wade will score more points and in the finals that wins mvps, not the passing. so correct me if im wrong but it looks like lebron will get the ring but not the mvp

If Lebron is putting up 25-26 a game while averaging 8 or 9 rebounds and 8 assists I f ail to see how he won't keep winning MVP's. It's more about the all-round game than just scoring. I see Lebron and Wade averaging around the same points wise. They are both as good scorers as each other.

rosonviyavong
07-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Wade just made himself look like an idiot ..yeah sure whatever he said is true but what they did cannot compare to teams of the past

LA KB24
07-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Wade just made himself look like an idiot ..yeah sure whatever he said is true but what they did cannot compare to teams of the past You think Wade doesn't know this? He just said that to try and take some of the heat off LeBron. He is his teammate after all.

rosonviyavong
07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
You think Wade doesn't know this? He just said that to try and take some of the heat off LeBron. He is his teammate after all.

Well good for him ..hes such a sweet guy isnt he?

KoRn
07-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Well good for him ..hes such a sweet guy isnt he?

he's cleverly trying to make lebron feel better while knowingly that others will view him as the man, it's wade's team.

MakeHistory78
07-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Yes.

A true champion gets beaten to the ground and gets right back up and wins. A ***** joins the opposition.

Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever.LeBron with the decision he took lost his small chance to challenge him.
But LeBron is a better player than Kobe...A better potential player..
Kobe is overrated..He is nowhere to Jordan..LeBron the same...

Soundwave
07-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Yes.

Kobe's never won anything without a stacked team to help him out.

Matter of fact, look at every year he's won a title, he's probably had the best front court in the NBA that year, every single time.

Aside from like 3 years of his total 14 seasons, he's always had an All-Star big man at the very least next to him, who was still in their prime. And even in those 3 years where he had to make due with Odom + Butler/Bynum, he whined a lot and demanded a trade at one point.

Lets not get it twisted.

Shaq bolted from Orlando after only 4 years to boot, I don't remember Laker fans complaining back then.

RazorBaLade
07-13-2010, 06:07 AM

Matter of fact, look at every year he's won a title, he's probably had the best front court in the NBA that year, every single time.

Aside from like 3 years of his total 14 seasons, he's always had an All-Star big man at the very least next to him, who was still in their prime. And even in those 3 years where he had to make due with Odom + Butler/Bynum, he whined a lot and demanded a trade at one point.

Lets not get it twisted.

Shaq bolted from Orlando after only 4 years to boot, I don't remember Laker fans complaining back then.

Wow put on a helmet and go sit in the corner

chopchop20
07-13-2010, 06:18 AM

Lets not get it twisted.

LeBron never won anything period! U mad :confusedshrug:

Soundwave
07-13-2010, 06:22 AM
LeBron never won anything period! U mad :confusedshrug:

I really don't care either way, but you put Gasol + Odom + Artest + Bynum + Fisher on Cleveland, and I'd say there's a pretty fair chance, championships would follow there.

Or Prime Shaq + Horry + Fox + Fisher. Same deal.

Everyone knows that too.

You guys are ones who are mad. Now LeBron is simply in a comparable situation to what Kobe's been lucky enough to have for 11/14 seasons. You guys are the ones b-tching all day about it.

chopchop20
07-13-2010, 06:33 AM
I really don't care either way, but you put Gasol + Odom + Artest + Bynum + Fisher on Cleveland, and I'd say there's a pretty fair chance, championships would follow there.

Everyone knows that too.

You guys are ones who are mad. Now LeBron is simply in a comparable situation to what Kobe's been lucky enough to have for 11/14 seasons. You guys are the ones b-tching all day about it.

Are you SERIOUS? Mad about LeBron in Miami? :roll: :roll: :roll: As if the Lakers are trying to catch LeBron

Lakers have the greatest competitor since Jordan... BRING IT - I can't wait!!!

ginobli2311
07-13-2010, 06:41 AM
i just don't get what the big deal is. lebron was either going to a stacked team in chicago or a stacked team in miami.

i wish he had chosen chicago for a number of reasons. but this does not change the fact that wade was dead on when he said what he did.

its not all about star power. a lot of how stacked a team is has to do with fit and role and coaching as well.

i have said it a million times.

give me wade/bosh/howard over wade/bosh/lebron all day every day. right?

i think we can agree that howard is not the same caliber player as lebron.

as for coaching. you can't just ignore the fact that only 8 coaches have won a title in the last 25 years and that the current lakers have the greatest coach of all time on their team. yes....the coach is a major part of a team.

this heat team is no more stacked than the majority of multiple championship teams in nba history. in fact, really only duncan's titles and hakeem's titles were won with less stacked teams. jordan's first 3 peat were probably less stacked as well. but thats about it.

chopchop20
07-13-2010, 06:47 AM
i just don't get what the big deal is. lebron was either going to a stacked team in chicago or a stacked team in miami.

i wish he had chosen chicago for a number of reasons. but this does not change the fact that wade was dead on when he said what he did.

its not all about star power. a lot of how stacked a team is has to do with fit and role and coaching as well.

i have said it a million times.

give me wade/bosh/howard over wade/bosh/lebron all day every day. right?

i think we can agree that howard is not the same caliber player as lebron.

as for coaching. you can't just ignore the fact that only 8 coaches have won a title in the last 25 years and that the current lakers have the greatest coach of all time on their team. yes....the coach is a major part of a team.

this heat team is no more stacked than the majority of multiple championship teams in nba history. in fact, really only duncan's titles and hakeem's titles were won with less stacked teams. jordan's first 3 peat were probably less stacked as well. but thats about it.

I'm not caught up in media hype about being "stacked"... Lakers have a TEAM, not just last year or this year, but throughout the history of the franchise.

I really don't get why the Lakers are supposedly fearing Miami... just doesn't make a lotta sense to me

Kobe4life
07-13-2010, 06:56 AM
the best team wins rings not the best player

ginobli2311
07-13-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm not caught up in media hype about being "stacked"... Lakers have a TEAM, not just last year or this year, but throughout the history of the franchise.

I really don't get why the Lakers are supposedly fearing Miami... just doesn't make a lotta sense to me

they aren't fearing miami. i think some fans are because the lakers were probably locks to win it if this did not happen.

i have said it the entire time. if healthy. the lakers will be favored to win the title. will they actually win it? i don't know. but i'm definitely betting on them again.

niko
07-13-2010, 07:58 AM
What great player, A level leader of his team at age 25 has even left his team to join a rival's team and become their partner? EVERYONE DOES IT!!! I'm hard pressed to think of one. (Waiting for people to give me tons of trades and stuff that were nothing like this....)

Why can't people just stop...there is nothing wrong with what Lebron did, but when history takes a look at him, it will note that he gave up being the man on his team, and instead went to another players team. As much as everyone wants to rationalize it that's just fact - it's already being discussed before he even plays a game. Do you think it's a coincidence?

The knock on Lebron was always he wasn't this ultra competitive pressure devouring monster like Jordan or Kobe. I always defended it because i thought it was unfair - how do you know? Well, now we know - he didn't want it. The fact Lebron wasn't wired like I want him to be is dissapointing but not a crime. It's not something history will ignore though.

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 07:59 AM
What great player, A level leader of his team at age 25 has even left his team to join a rival's team and become their partner? EVERYONE DOES IT!!! I'm hard pressed to think of one. (Waiting for people to give me tons of trades and stuff that were nothing like this....)

Why can't people just stop...there is nothing wrong with what Lebron did, but when history takes a look at him, it will note that he gave up being the man on his team, and instead went to another players team. As much as everyone wants to rationalize it that's just fact - it's already being discussed before he even plays a game. Do you think it's a coincidence?

If Lebron wins MVP on the Heat I don't see it it will come off that he want to another guy's team. If he become 2nd fiddle then ok but unless he does? don't buy it.

Duncan21formvp
07-13-2010, 08:13 AM

This is a joke. None of the all time greats that are top 5-6 went to teams that had established stars or acquired guys that were stars from the get go.

ginobli2311
07-13-2010, 08:19 AM

The knock on Lebron was always he wasn't this ultra competitive pressure devouring monster like Jordan or Kobe. I always defended it because i thought it was unfair - how do you know? Well, now we know - he didn't want it. The fact Lebron wasn't wired like I want him to be is dissapointing but not a crime. It's not something history will ignore though.

the flaw in your assertion is that kobe/jordan did not win anything without the help of elite coaches and elite supporting casts. where was the competitive drive and will when jordan and kobe were losing? why does that stuff only come into play when they had great talent and coaching around them.

do you not see how flawed your premise is? you can be the most competitive guy in the world. cough....KG....cough. but if you are stuck playing with trash you won't win anything.

you can't judge lebron all time before his career is over. what if he develops more of a drive? what if he wins 5 titles and 3 finals mvps? what are you going to say then? nothing. thats the point. please wait and just judge what actually happens.

and if winning without help is so important. then hakeem and duncan need to be much higher on all the lists.

niko
07-13-2010, 08:24 AM
the flaw in your assertion is that kobe/jordan did not win anything without the help of elite coaches and elite supporting casts. where was the competitive drive and will when jordan and kobe were losing? why does that stuff only come into play when they had great talent and coaching around them.

do you not see how flawed your premise is? you can be the most competitive guy in the world. cough....KG....cough. but if you are stuck playing with trash you won't win anything.

you can't judge lebron all time before his career is over. what if he develops more of a drive? what if he wins 5 titles and 3 finals mvps? what are you going to say then? nothing. thats the point. please wait and just judge what actually happens.

and if winning without help is so important. then hakeem and duncan need to be much higher on all the lists.

Duncan should be higher on the list.

Lebron did the "i can't do it on my own, i need help" thing many stars do. The problem is he did it ten years earlier. All the NBA greats seem to think he hurt his legacy. All the reporters (except people like Broussard who want to have Lebron's child) seem to think so. You don't, but you need 3,000 words to explain why. I need like 20.

In order for this not to hurt Lebron's legacy, we need the way players are judged to be completely rethought and rewritten (as if they were official rules). They won't be, he'll have great success, and people will say "Could he have done this without Wade?" and argue that instead of arguing if he's better than Jordan.

Deal with it...it's already happened...

Jacks3
07-13-2010, 08:32 AM
lol @ comparing Kobe's support to LeBron. Kobe in 2009 won with essentially Gasol/Odom/Ariza. That's not even close to Wade/Bosh. Hell, I'd take Wade alone over Odom/Gasol.

ginobli2311
07-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Duncan should be higher on the list.

Lebron did the "i can't do it on my own, i need help" thing many stars do. The problem is he did it ten years earlier. All the NBA greats seem to think he hurt his legacy. All the reporters (except people like Broussard who want to have Lebron's child) seem to think so. You don't, but you need 3,000 words to explain why. I need like 20.

In order for this not to hurt Lebron's legacy, we need the way players are judged to be completely rethought and rewritten (as if they were official rules). They won't be, he'll have great success, and people will say "Could he have done this without Wade?" and argue that instead of arguing if he's better than Jordan.

Deal with it...it's already happened...

it has not already happened. as i have stated a thousand times before. lebron/wade gave up the chance to compete with jordan for GOAT. but so what? the chances of that happening were 1 in a million anyway at this point in their respective careers.

every other player is now in play. if the heat roll off 6 or 7 titles in the next decade and both wade and lebron play great you are going to hear them in the conversation with everyone but jordan.

so you are wrong. you know what is going to happen if they win a bunch of titles together? people are going to take a step back and realize that the nba has had stacked teams throughout its history. people will talk about magic/kareem/worthy and bird/mchale/parrish and jordan/pippen/rodman and shaq/kobe and the current lakers stacked team.

you really think that if lebron james ends up with 5 titles 3 finals mvps and 4 regular season mpvs with the 2nd best PER ever and playoff averages of 27 pints 8 boards 7 assists that he won't got down in the top 5 ever? LOL

winning changes everything. sorry dude.....deal with it

niko
07-13-2010, 08:35 AM
lol @ comparing Kobe's support to LeBron. Kobe in 2009 won with essentially Gasol/Odom/Ariza. That's not even close to Wade/Bosh. Hell, I'd take Wade alone over Odom/Gasol.

Kobe won on his own team. He didn't take a look, pick the best supporting cast, and then go there. People want to argue team quality, Lebron is going to take a hit because he went to Wade's team. I don't understand why peopl keep arguing, that is 100% the way fans, the media, and his peers look at it, it's the way every player has been judged historically. Let's change how everyone thinks because it's not fair to Lebron. Good luck with that...

If he went to NY or Chicago pepole would say it's Lebron's new team instead of Wade's team. No, it's not 100% fair. But he's stacking the deck in his favor. You didn't think there would be any downside?

ginobli2311
07-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Kobe won on his own team. He didn't take a look, pick the best supporting cast, and then go there. People want to argue team quality, Lebron is going to take a hit because he went to Wade's team. I don't understand why peopl keep arguing, that is 100% the way fans, the media, and his peers look at it, it's the way every player has been judged historically. Let's change how everyone thinks because it's not fair to Lebron. Good luck with that...

If he went to NY or Chicago pepole would say it's Lebron's new team instead of Wade's team. No, it's not 100% fair. But he's stacking the deck in his favor. You didn't think there would be any downside?

so where do you rank lebron all time if he ends with the following?

5 titles
4 mvps
2 finals mvps
2nd best PER all time
27 points 8 boards 7 assists career averages in the playoffs

??????????????????

of course there is downside. he can longer challenge jordan. but don't forget that lebron is only 25. what if he wins 4 with wade and then another after wade retires? or 2 more after wade retires? its not written in stone.

seanlakers
07-13-2010, 08:38 AM
You know, after a little bit of time to digest this whole situation, it really doesn't bother me personally. At first I was like :wtf: but it's changed.

I've recently been looking for a job because I am basically a 1 man team in my IT department and I gotta say, I'm not going to be winning any Wired awards here when I can't get any help. I mean our SQL point man shows up at half past 11 most days smelling like piss. I've got no help at the C++ position. It's just crazy. Ownership here is completely oblivious to the fact that we are understaffed in major positions and do not have a backup night crew that is reliable.

I am seriously looking to take my talents somewhere else where I can get some help. Also, a good night life. I'm also pretty sick of the cold here too.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
plus one for einstein. idiot

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-13-2010, 08:46 AM
I know, these situations aren't even close. You have 2 top 3 players in the league and a 20 and 10 PF and top 3 at his position, on the same team.
and key word..primes.

niko
07-13-2010, 08:53 AM
so where do you rank lebron all time if he ends with the following?

5 titles
4 mvps
2 finals mvps
2nd best PER all time
27 points 8 boards 7 assists career averages in the playoffs

??????????????????

of course there is downside. he can longer challenge jordan. but don't forget that lebron is only 25. what if he wins 4 with wade and then another after wade retires? or 2 more after wade retires? its not written in stone.

i think people want to argue it has no impact. you are arguing best case scenario, then the situation changes, and it's different!

He'll always take a hit for his decision, it's not an alpha dog type decision. I can see scenarios where Lebron is top 5 all time, sure. But he could have been TOP ONE. And giving that up to me is dissapointing.

Yes, a lot of this is because we (fans, public) put some qualities on him that he doesn't have. He doesn't have the Jordan will to win. He really really doesn't. That's probably unfair to expect it, but it would have been nice - to see another player like that, someone challenge Jordan (and someone who seemed to be a nicer guy, Jordan was a total prick - maybe, that's part of it.)

That's all i'm saying. i think people want to say IF HE WINS SIX TITLES, THAT JUST LIKE JORDAN! Clearly it's not even close. Being part of a super team is less prestigious (individually) than being part of a great team you lead. Sports is just like that...

HiphopRelated
07-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Kobe was ready to abandon that team 3 years ago

Let's not rewrite history

Pau Gasol is the ONLY reason Kobe still wears a Lakers jersey

niko
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM

I HATE kobe. I HATE the Lakers. But you saying don't rewrite history when you want to make the point Kobe did the same thing (leave his team to go to a stacked team) is funny. Kobe didn't leave. :confusedshrug:

Q112233
07-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Lol at niko posting in every single lebron hate thread saying shit about how his legacy is hurt. Like anyones opinion on ish matters, especially a bum hurt NYK fan. :lol

niko
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Lol at niko posting in every single lebron hate thread saying shit about how his legacy is hurt. Like anyones opinion on ish matters, especially a bum hurt NYK fan. :lol

i'm not a bandwagon jumping lebron nut hugger, thanks for asking. I'm tired of people posting delusional things. UNless you are in a coma the last few days, posting that Lebron's legacy is unchanged by these events is delusional.
Nor do i understand why we are all expect to be heat fans, when is sports like that at all?

Let's all sit in a cirlce, hold hands, and tell each other nice things about our teams! me first. Lebron looks really cool standing behind Wade. You go next...

Dengness9
07-13-2010, 12:00 PM

If only Lebron can win 6 titles..... Then he can finally be compared to Pip. Lebrons gonna go down as one of the greatest 2nd fiddles ever!

Q112233
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
ahh and Dengness another bum hurt fan mad that lebron did not go to his team :oldlol:

InfiniteBaskets
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM

You call it "Wade's team", but let's be honest. No one's going to give Wade the same credit that Kobe's received in the past two years if the Heat end up winning multiple titles.

We're all going to label Wade as someone who needed help, so he begged his friends to go play with him. Which is completely different from Kobe asking for help and getting Gasol for Kwame.

chopchop20
07-13-2010, 02:32 PM

The deal for Gasol was made AFTER the season started -- halfway into the season in fact

niko
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
You call it "Wade's team", but let's be honest. No one's going to give Wade the same credit that Kobe's received in the past two years if the Heat end up winning multiple titles.

We're all going to label Wade as someone who needed help, so he begged his friends to go play with him. Which is completely different from Kobe asking for help and getting Gasol for Kwame.

I'm not sure i disagree with you at all. i still don't think it affects what i said about Lebron.

scm5
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
The deal for Gasol was made AFTER the season started -- halfway into the season in fact

I feel the urge to note that the Lakers were also #1 in the West that season until Andrew Bynum went down with a knee injury.

godofgods
07-14-2010, 04:27 AM

Everyone knows that too.

True.

TMacYaoRockets
07-14-2010, 05:14 AM

Lets not get it twisted.

What NBA great hasn't won without a stacked team?

gilalizard
07-14-2010, 05:21 AM
A king leads his kingdom.

So long as LeBron plays with DWade, he is not a king. He is Lancelot to DWade's King Arthur.

Not a bad thing to be. A more-skilled warrior on the battlefield maybe, and a place in history.

But still not the man who built a nation.